Speaker 1: Now one of your pudding. I got a string going on here, something just cause my dog.
Speaker 2: Something killed your dog, my dog.
Speaker 1: We're flying through the or over the tree. I don't know how it did it, Okay, Damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence and he was dead. And once you hit the ground like, I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Happen? What are you putting? We got some wonder or something prowling around out here? Did you see what it was?
Speaker 2: Or was it was?
Speaker 1: Standing enough? I'm out here looking through the window now and I don't see anything. I don't want to go outside. Jesus Quice you better New York. Hello, get somebody out here. What quent on out there? I thought of a bit just about picking what nine? I don't know? Easy out there? Yeah, I'm right heady.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, greetings, his friend Alaska. Thanks for joining me today in a lot of work, getting caught up in the background with a lot of things, reconnecting with people. I wanted to start off by saying it's really important I've shared before, but love your people, whether it be a wife of almost twenty years, or your kids that you don't see that often. Your people. You could pick your friends, you can't pick your family. But love your people. Man, that's key because tomorrow and promised. This world is just crazy, even outside of the crazy wilderness of Alaska and what goes on around here. So what I wanted to share with you today comes from Brian and Casey. Now, Brian and Casey, they decided they were going to team up. Brian has a pilot's license, Casey was gifted through his dad a piper cup, and so they being buddies and stuff, they figured, hey, let's going together, get the plane back up to running, basically partaking a partnership, flying out doing trapping, and get the fur bearers and make some money. You see what they could do about her. And this is roughly twenty years ago. So we're going back to six seven wintertime about this time of year because fur bearing animals you get him in the wintertime because that's when they're coachs, thickest and most lush. So Brian and Casey they're going out into the Chugach Range.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: They didn't want the exact place because it varies. They'll land in a spot they'll put us set out, they'll line up a few different sets for pind Martin, Wolverine, what have you. So they're bouncing around and doing their thing well. As Brian was in the back seat and Casey was flying this one particular trip, Casey was just basically he didn't have as many flight hours as Brian, so Casey was taking his time and kind of filling out the plane and doing just little maneuvers. Nothing made. And on one of his hard turns he was making with enough altitude, of course, he was making this turn to the right, and it just so happens that Brian looks down and it's an open kind of area. There's some open marsh areas in between the spruce trees and the birch and the aspen, and as he's circling around in this valley, Brian when he looks down, he notices a tree he thought was a tree that looked out of place. The coloring was different, and it just stood out. It was damn near right in the middle of this meadow, this open area, which initially from the air it didn't look like a very large area, but once they came down from altitude, it was obviously a lot wider open place. So Brian gets Casey's attention, Hey, look there, Look at there. Casey was just focusing on his maneuver and wasn't necessarily paying attention to Brian because obviously his gauges and everything. He wasn't crashing, so he wasn't really paying attention to Brian. Brian gets his attention, and Casey sees what he sees, and so they decide, hey, you know what we're going to do. Well, was it back around? We'll do the figure eight turn, come back in low, and let's land. Brian was initially with it, right, I was like, yeah, well land, We'll see what the heck is that because it wasn't moving. It was just out of place. It was a brownish, reddish, rusty kind of color looking, and they're like, must be a tree stump of some kind, but it's so out of place. So they circle back around, and as they're coming down and they're getting lined up to land into the wind, they notice because they still have some altitude at this point, a few hundred feet, and this thing holds takes off from directly in front of them, off to the right, hits the tree. Lin Yeah, I mean it was fast. It startled Casey and so he powers back up because he was just getting ready to slip and slow down his air speed to get ready for landing.
Speaker 3: So powers back up. They circle around.
Speaker 2: When they get back up to an altitude and circle back, Brian's looking, He's got binoculars out, He's trying to really look in case He's kind of shaken.
Speaker 3: He's like, what the hell was that? It ran so fast?
Speaker 2: Couldn't really figure it out because it was gone, disappeared in the trees. They didn't know what the hell to do, so they just decided, you know what, screw this or just carry on. They continue on to the next spot, multiple miles away. When they get to the spot where they had some sets, they land and they taxi to where they want to take off from. They get out, put on their snow shoes, and they just trek in with a small caliber rifle. They get over to where the sets start, each and every one, which they're decently spread apart, but they were all in a line across this tree line running along one side of this valley. Each and every one of the sets looked like it was either tripped or if there had been something in it there's only a little bit of fur left in the trap, or the trap was just missing, right, And they're like, what the hell. It's taken them a while, because again they're in snowshoes. It's deep snow. It's twenty years ago. We're still getting really decent snowfalls. We still do, unless they're playing with heart, but anyway, regardless, So as they're walking the tree line, Casey has a survival rifle, which is like a four to ten twenty two combo single shot of each Brian happens to have a twelve gage marine style breakopen single shot. Brian always brings slugs in bird shot and that type of thing, right, so he has a different kind of variety of slugs what have you in his pouch. And they're walking along and since they landed, it's been about forty five minutes, right, Because they're stopping, they're looking at each and every individual whether the trap was sprung and nothing was there, or is just outright missing. They're trying to piece together what the hell's going on? Does someone else fly in? Is someone stealing our traps? They're brainstorming back and forth. They get almost to the end of this particular line as they're getting close to the end of it. They had a set for a wolverine, right, and they go over and they could see some fur from the trap and whatnot, so, oh, hey, we have something, right. So Casey, being in the lead by just a couple of paces, chomps over there in the snow shoes. When he gets over there, he immediately stops and he's reaching out with the barrel of this survival rifle poking at it. All it turned out to be was this tuft of hair, but it was sticking out of the snow. From the distance they were initially at, it gave the illusion that there was something trapped there, and so when Brian comes up beside him, he's what the hell, and so he goes over and he figured it was deadlking off of a pine tree or or a spruce chair or whatever, because he can get black and look like an old man's beard or whatever. So he goes over here. It takes a look and it's this weird hair and it has a weird smell to it. Like for the amount of hair, it wasn't a whole lot, but it was enough, and the smell on the hair was punging. And so as they're discussing, what the hell we don't have skunks up here, and it smells like like a body odor urine kind of smell in the distance, same direction. They'd been walking towards the end of that far into that valley, the planes like behind them. They got multiple hundreds of yards to get back to where the plane is set up for takeoff. Right his way back there, it's sitting there, they hear this scream right and from what Casey said, the scream shook everything inside him, not just physically but metaphorically, like his whole well being was shattered. He said that one scream just took all the fight out of him. He immediately he dropped a rifle out of his hand. He was down on his knees, shaking, and he's like trying to fight for words to say what the hell is at Brian was like already sitting there taking the bird shot out of that brake barrel, single shot, twelve gage, and he's putting the slug in and he's not looking at Casey. He's looking in the direction right where the scream came from, because their guestimation it was within a few hundred yards straight down the tree line where it curves towards the back end of this valley where they're checking their sets. Brian is sitting there and he's talking to Casey. But Casey at this time is not checked out, but he's just what the fuck, what the hell is at He's having his own conversation within himself and not hearing Brian, and Brian's trying to talk to him about, Hey, that was weird, and Brian's asking him questions about what the hell could that be? And this and that, and Casey's trying to pull himself together because, like I said, Casey, it hit him hard, really hard, to the core of his being. He was shook, which I get, Hey, man, I'm not knocking the guy whatsoever. Man, I've heard that scream. I felt that feeling. It's jarring to the system. To say the least. He could really take it out of you. So again, it just everyone reacts differently in those circumstances. And even Casey was like, when I asked him, how did it feel? And after he initially told me that it took the fight right out of him and it was like he was grasping for understanding. He said that the feeling he got was the one of being watched and despised. And when I asked Brian, what'd you feel when you're standing there, and he wasn't communicating back, but you're talking, what were you feeling? Because that's really important. I think everyone should know what these people were feeling in those moments. In their words, Brian felt the same way. He said he felt like he was hated, like he was just despised beyond anything else. So Casey pulls himself together enough to stand back up on his feet. He grabs that survival rifle. They're like, let's get back towards the plane. They got a couple hours before it's going to get dark, but again playing his hundred yards the other direction, and they want to clear some ground right because it's further to get to the plane than it is from where that noise was. So they're going right along the tree line. They're trying to follow their tracks back. Since Casey was really having a really hard go of it emotionally speaking, it just hit him in his core like that. Brian said, you get going, I'm going to be behind you. I'm going to keep track. You just don't focus and zone me out. If I yell and scream something. We pay attention and answer me back or whatever. Don't get too far ahead. So they're doing that. Casey's going along Brian. They get about he said it was about one hundred and fifty yards because after the initial scream it was just dead quiet, and so they got about one hundred and fifty yards back towards the plane, and they still had a couple hundred yards ago at least the scream happened again. The scream happened, Brian said he had just looked back over his shoulders, saw no movement, took a real long look, and then turned back, and as soon as he was facing the opposite direction, that scream happened again. But it was so much closer. He said, it felt like whatever it was right off his shoulder. Freaked him out. He said, he damner jumped out of his snowshoes. He stumbled, fell over, and he's pointing the rifle back at the tree line and again single shot twelve games. But he had something right, and he's pointing back at the tree line, and he said, he's so freaked out. He's trying to focus, but all the trees and everything, it was very hard for him to pull himself together in that panic mode, that fight or flight was just so heavy for him. He felt like he should be running and not looking, but he knew it was close enough he couldn't just turn his back. Brian said. He worked his way up onto his knees and then got up on he had lost one of his snowshoes because of trying to get up. He had something had broke on one of them, or whatever it is, the right foot slipped out. By this time, Casey had already heard that too, and Casey wasn't all that far ahead of him, So Casey had turned around, stopped, and was pointing his rifle. Grant you a little underpowered, but still he was scanning the area too. So Casey backtracks over to where Brian is there at the tree line from where this second scream came from, and get his foot into the snowshoe, because otherwise he can be sinking down to almost his hip. You don't want to be doing that, not in that situation. So from what Brian said, as he's trying to focus on getting a snowshoe on, he said, there's a period of time where he wasn't feeling like himself right.
Speaker 3: Brian is sitting there. He's trying to stay.
Speaker 2: Focused on these trees because the scream just came from there and Casey had backtracked right, And again they weren't communicating very well because they were both freaked freaked out fake time. So as Casey got closer, he finally got Brian's attention because obviously he's freaking out. What do you do with that kind of thing? And so Casey gets his attention says, hey, keep an eye, go and fix your snowshoe with Let's get going. So Brian sets down the shotgun and he's trying to fix this binding and whatnot for a snowshoe. He said, when he knelt down and he was just about getting it reclasped with whatever was going on with it, it was like a busted rivet or something, and he was just trying to MC guy right out of there. He said. As he was working on that, he kept glancing up because out of his peripheral vision he started seeing something in the trees, and he starts yelling out. He grabs up that single shot shotgun and he points to that direction. He's yelling at Casey hate over here in Casey's I see it, I see it. I don't want to shoot. Brian understands. Brian didn't want to shoot. He had twelve gage, far better than the twenty two and the four to ten combo that the Casey had. They're both just sitting there saying what should we do? What should we do? So what they end up doing because they still have a few hundred yards to get back to the plane. Way down, they see it, but it's not like they're just a couple trots away from it. In Casey's let's just go together, shoulder or shoulder, and just take our time and work our way back. Their tracks walking down the tree line were real close to the trees, but now they don't want to be so close to the trees, so they're breaking trail again, and it's taking time. Obviously time is of the essence. They don't want to be there any longer than they have to be. So Brian is just chatting with Casey. They're trying to have a normal everyday conversation about the traps and the next place they stop, and this and that. They're trying to take their mind off of how panic they felt. He said, they made it about another one hundred yards and they could hear movement in the trees this whole time after he had stopped to bend down to fix his binding and everything on the shoe, and it still wasn't perfect, but he was able to make do. And he wasn't trying to stop and stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see, we'll be right back after these messages. So as they just shouldered and shoulder and working their way backwards, which time consuming deep Snow, it's not a simple thing. It's not a simple process, he said. They got about another one hundred yards and this guttural grunt, he said he felt it through their whole bodies, and that stopped him in their tracks. And they both just instinctively raised their guns and they both fired at the same time. It wasn't even a it was like an autopilot thing, like an auto response. Wrong or indifferent is irrelevant. That's what they felt in the moment, and that's what they did. So they both fire off shots. The little survival rifle fires a bit differently than the single shot twelve gage, right, but they fire what they have b Bam, there's thrashing and crashing, moving away. But when they're heard that behind them towards the plane off in the tree line, they heard something else crashing and brashing and moving, circling back around, paralleling them coming back from the direction of the plane inside the trees, coming back up this way in the direction of the other noise was coming from right the direction it was moving. Immediately, they're already shaking, fumbling, try to reload their firearms and everything like that. So they both squat down and they're both watching and they're listening from what they said, because they both they're both next to each other, Okay, but their perspectives are totally different because Casey's a little more freaked out than Brian, and Brian's trying to keep level headed. And I'm not trying to cast dispersions on Casey. This is his words. He was more freaked out. He wasn't as a tune to every fine night, every little noise. He was just hearing everything in general, because he was like, could hear his heart beating his ears Right from what Brian was saying, you could feel there's something very heavy moving from that movement that was behind them towards a plane, and that was moving towards the crashing away from them.
Speaker 3: He said, they stayed there quiet for a minute.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden it was like just loud, and as soon as it was almost even with them in just a little bit past them, going away from the direction of the plane, everything goes dead quiet. No sooner, it's dead quiet. Let's get moving. As soon as they say, let's get moving, and they turned their attention to start moving again, another scream happened the same direction that the sound stopped from the second one they heard that was initially behind them. So this scream happens, and this scream was super high pitched. He said. It wasn't the guttural. It was piercing. It was real sharp, and it made them both just want to cover their ears. It was hard to do holding the gun, and they basically turned their heads and put in one hand over their ears. And he said it carried on and on. It had to have been over twenty seconds. He said, it was the craziest, loudest, most piercing sound, but it was a scream, and it was almost like a whistle at the same time. That came to an abrupt end, and their ears are ringing from that far worse, he said, than what they were from the gunshots and in the cold and crisp aar when you shoot a gun, trust me being if you ain't got air protection, and it's snappy, it's real crisp. So they start moving again because whatever the hell is going on there, they want nothing to do with it. They can get the hell out of there. They start going, they're reloading everything. But what they agreed to as they were walking is Brian told Casey, hey, let's not focus on that. We got some distance between the tree line. Let's make tracks and then look, let's not constantly try to keep our attention there, and let's focus more on getting away from here. Right, Hey, great, let's do it. They get into that, They get this little rhythm going and they roughly about at this point less than one hundred yards from the plane. They've come away from the tree line more heading out to where the plane is parked. Brian is telling Casey, I'll do the pre flight. You just get in the backseat or whatever. I'll jump in the front, I'll fire up, I'll do pre flight and all that, and we'll get out of here. You just keep an eye out. So they got to little game plan on what they're going to do when they get to the plane. Now, he said, they were just at the point to where they're going to follow their tracks, okay, because their tracks came a curve to the tree line. They reached a point where they're going to follow the curve tracks back out to where the plane is parked. Brian said, when they got to that point, all of a sudden, there's this noise. And he said he still can't places he's never heard it before or since, but it was like a bellowing, wallowing, like pig grunt squeal. It was this weird noise, right, and it was all in of its own sound. He was trying to pull from here and there to explain what it sounded like, but it was just its own unique sound.
Speaker 3: Very short, very crisp, got their attention.
Speaker 2: They turn around and at the tree line, which at this point is about sixty yards from them roughly, they're looking and in between these spruce trees, there's some alders and stuff, and there's a couple of smaller aspen and some poppers and whatnot. This thing is this walking and it's looking right at them, but it's behind the trees and as it's walking, it's looking right over at them, and it doesn't care what's in front of it. It's almost like it knows there's nothing in front of it, but the way it's walking, they can't tell because they're focused on it looking at them, and it's moving. They both lift their guns. Casey he's more jumpy at this point than Brian is, because he stated himself he just could not handle what he was seeing.
Speaker 3: It wasn't making any sense. They said.
Speaker 2: It was really hard to make out any real facial features from that point because it was in the tree line. It was a bit silhouetted. It was just dark features, right, real dark features. But Casey said he wanted that thing away from him, and he shot again with this little survival rifle of twenty two four to ten, shot both barrels and went and reloaded, and Brian john hey, WHOA, this thing didn't flinch from those shots. It just kept moving and it actually started getting a little faster and a little faster, and it's moved down the tree line, so it's going away, and Brian's like, come on, we gotta go. We gotta get moving towards the plane. Now, get moving towards the plane. At this point, Brian has out about two or three more shells he's holding on to so he could fire, break it open, pop one in, shut it, fire again. He's ready to reload as fast as he could. He's backing up his snowshoe. Finally has it and it falls off completely. And he wasn't messing with it right. He was this peg leg and just kind of like a whole punch just punching through every couple steps, punched through, but he was keeping everything together in his own mind. This movement from the one that they looked at in case he had, for whatever reason, shot at it. Obviously didn't hit it. It was unfazed by that particular portion of what happened. Brian could no longer see it because when he said, when it was moving and looking at them, it had the feeling, the energy felt like it didn't give a flying rats ass if they saw it or not. Its whole thing was like a dominance, like an air again, like you're nothing feel So he's doing his best to backtrack. At this point, Casey had gotten into the Piper Cub and saw that Brian had totally lost his one snowshoe, so he starts doing pre flight and he's yelling at Brian, I'm doing pre flat, I'm doing pre flight this night. He's going through what he has to go through because if the plane's been sitting there about an hour, it's cooled off, it's not totally cold. So Casey's trying to do pre flight and Brian's backing up still. Brian said he was only about not even twenty yards mere feet from the plane, and he gets this overwhelming feeling of being sick and he has to stop and he starts puking, and he says, initially he thought it was because of the shock, the reality of what was happening. He had just caught up to him and he started puking, and he's down on one knee, and he's got the rifle, the single shot twelve gage and using it as a brace to brace himself up as he's vomiting. And then he stops and he was trying to catch his breath and he's spitting and whatnot, getting the naicteness out of his mouth. And he looks back and the one that was moving, there's still no sign of that one, but the back a little further away from them up that tree line. He saw this thing standing there, and he said, the one standing like three times a distance from the one that was closer to them had to be twice the size of the one three times closer. It was like it was a market difference. He said, it was so much larger than the one they just saw that Casey had shot at for whatever reason, and he said he was in shock. But he said he noticed it was his body was oh, making this weird noise. And he said that noise which he could barely hear it, he was feeling it, and it was making his guts contracted. That's what was making a vomit. That's his perception. That's what he felt and what he saw. Again, I wasn't there. I'm just going by what Brian told me. And so it made him start puking again. And when he starts puking this time like trying not to puck all over himself, but at the same time he doesn't give a shit. And also he's trying to keep focus on this big one. And as he starts puking for the second time, and he's trying to focus on both things and all this, he notices that it starts coming towards him, and he said, when he says it's coming towards me, he said it was. He noticed the snow flying and this thing was making tracks, coming like a linebacker, just coming at him. And immediately he was in the middle of heaving, and he just raised a shotgun pointed in that direction. Boom, cracked the barrel open, let the empty shell spit out, popped in. Another one clicked it up. And at this point, after the first shot, there was a bunch of snow in the air, but he couldn't see through it. It was like a snow screen. And then he heard crash, thrash, banks, and so he sat there a second started vomiting again. It was like an uncontrollable thing at that point, but he was still trying to focus on where he had just shot and where this thing in general was. The there's no screen that kicked up from this thing moving towards him, settled down and it was still standing there, looking really upset. The crashing and banging was the other one came running along inside the tree line that he didn't even notice up near it, the smaller one. The crashing and banging it was hearing was he couldn't tell what it was doing because it was kicking up snow at the same time.
Speaker 3: But it was like like not jumping from tree to tree.
Speaker 2: It wasn't in the trees, but it was jumping from one tree breaking a branch, jumping into another one breaking a branch.
Speaker 3: It was like bouncing around within the trees.
Speaker 2: Is tearing shit up, basically, and then starts this high pitched scream again. And then that's when the bigger one turned and then goes past it into the trees. And then Brian said, at that point and he turned around, he felt confident enough because at this point, Casey's screaming, get over here, and so he makes it to the plane. He kicks the one snowshoe off, leaves it there, doesn't give a shit, gets in there, hands the twelve, gags to Casey's sitting in the back, jumps and fires up. Both doors are open because you've got an upper door and the lower door on the piper cover. Casey telling him everything about the pre check and pre flight and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: He's just letting the engine warm up, right.
Speaker 2: Brian's focusing on the temperature gage and that type of thing and looking out. By this point, the wind it changed, so they got to win at their tail. They got a taxi down a ways. Once it gets up to running temperature, they got a taxi down, turn into the wind and then take off. And so it gets to a warm enough where Brian's okay with the templates at to get out of there. So he starts taxing down. The doors are open, okay, Casey's got the twelve gates pointing out the doors. Brian's telling them on comms, don't shoot the strut because the piper cup it's got the two struts for the wings. He just said, don't shoot the strut. We don't want to be stuck here. Don't shoot the strut. Cases, I'm not going to shoot the strut. They taxi down, and when he turns and he's powering up for takeoff, throw on skis and stuff.
Speaker 3: Right, so it's taking momentum to get to friction and all that.
Speaker 2: Kind of stuff. Right, he's getting up to speed, and just as he lifts off and he's starting to gain altitude, that's when Casey starts yelling over the comps again and Brian shuts the door. Casey's screaming over the comps. It's out in the open. It's out in the open. Brian didn't carry He's in the air. We're safe, right, that's his only give a shit. So he gains some altitude and once he gains altitude, he circles back and comes back. As he was doing his thing to gain altitude and all that, Casey was saying somebody wasn't paying attention because he was just in shock. Gets turned around and then Casey says again, did you hear what I said? And he goes no, no, man, I'm freaking out. Give me a second. Case He goes, no, it came to where we were just parked, and it has your snowshoe and it went back into the trees. What are you doing there? I don't know. Maybe it clicks shitt from scared pilots or whoever else comes to that. I don't know. They didn't want to share the exact particular valley. They just said leave it at check yak range and go look at the map check gack ranges. There's a lot of valleys in there. Hey, you want to go look and go look. But I want to thank Brian and Casey for sharing that. It actually it split their friendship for this twenty years ago. It split their friendship for a while. Brian saw the channel and watched a few of the videos and realized, Oh, they're talking about real stuff. It's not just a bunch of AI garbage or whatever. But he reconnected with Casey. Is this a good thing? They were able to come back together as buddies, not have that experience be a separator, a divider between them anymore because it had been for a while. Because every time they see each other it was stressful because they would relive what they went through. I want to thank them sincerely. What I wanted to share with you today happened to a cyclist approximately fifteen years ago. There's this bicycle group that likes to pedal across the state. So they'll start down in Homer. I think it is something like that, and then bike all the way up pass Fairbanks on the road system up here. I don't know if they still do it. Used to see blips about it. Used to see some of the riders every once in a while on the side of the road. A commitment to cycling, that's for sure. It's a long drive, let alone pedaling a bike. Chad he doesn't live in Alaska. He would only come up for this bicycle excursion. A lot of these guys will tow a little pole behind thing like you would for your kids, but it'd had their camping gear and stuff and whatnot. He had been doing it for a number of years before this incident. And he was north of Trappers Creek. He was in a group of three cyclists, and the other two he was with continued on land of the midnight sun. He decided he saw a little spot he was going to get off the road, take a break and get some sleep. He had just been run ragged. So as he's ungearing and getting all his stuff out, he picks a spot off the side of the road with a small clearing, probably similar to one. And I'm sitting in right now, and stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after these messages. And he had a hammock tent, and so as he's stringamed up the hammock tent, he hears movement off to the side, And as he hears this movement, movement kind of semicircle around him, he gets real paranoid, gets not so fresh feeling. I'm not so joyous and peaceful as he's doing that, these sense in this movement, hearing it. For the life of him, he's trying to figure out is one of these guys come back just to mess with me or something along those lines. It wasn't, he continues. He had these small ratchet straps he was using for his to wrap around trees to hang his little hammock tent from, and he was adjusting one of them, and he was looking past the tree because something caught his eye. Now, as he's at the tree looking at this thing that caught his eye, he hears a branch snap behind him. As he turns around, half expecting another cyclist that he had been talking to on the ride to be standing there, there was no one there, so immediately he's on edge. He has no firearm, he has some bear spray, so he goes all the way back up to the road. He said approximately seventy five yards off the road, so he didn't hear as much of the road noise. So as he gets back over to his little container he was dragging along behind his bike to get his bear spray out. He turns around from grabbing it and a couple other little odds and ends, and he's walking back the same trail. As he comes up, he notices one half of his hammock tent, the ratchet strap was torn, like ripped, not just undone, it was tattered, ripped. And those things are nylon. But that takes a lot of brute force just to rip that shit off of there. You'd need a lot of strength to do that. Go get a ratget strap and just yank on nap. See where you get. So he's trying to figure out what the hell and it's not adding up. There was movement, there's sound, and he noticed movement going on. He wasn't putting it all together rightfully. He was confused, what the hell is going on here? What's really happening? And as he's zig zagging through the trees around trying to see if he sees any sign of anyone who may have been messing with this shit, maybe someone cut it something along those lines that he wasn't too sure. He makes a complete circle around this clearing area and as he comes back around, as he comes back around to where his half his hammock is hanging because the one half was torn, he gets an overwhelming sense of dread. Like fear he's never had before in his life. And he's trying to figure out why am I so scared? He's done this trip many times, he's camped in more remote places than off the side of the road, So he's trying to figure out why am I so scared. As he's deciding what he's going to do, there's more movement that catches his eye, and so he pays more attention in these looking through the break in the trees and watching this movement. And he said, at first he thought it was a guy in a gilly suit, a hunter or something. Maybe he came across someone's hunting area and they didn't like it too much, so they were going to run him off. And so he yells out, hey, hey, over here, did you tear my shit half? Accusing this person of destroying his stuff? Who else was around? And so after he yells a couple times, there was no response. Everything just went dead quiet. He said he didn't even hear the bugs, which that's a nerving shit, trust me, he don't want to be out in the middle of nowhere. And it goes dead quiet for a multitude of reasons. Bear Harryman, whatever it's not a good environment. So as he's contemplating what he's going to do, he's gathering a shit back up. He's just going to pedal on, is what he decided, and so he has his bear spray on his hip. He's gathering up his stuff. He hadn't packed a whole lot there, and so as he's getting the last bits of it, he starts hiking it back out. He had a couple like one more trip to grab the rest of it. But as he was hiking out to load his shit up, he gets to his little buggy. He commences to fiddle with things in there and readjust some things. Once he got out of the trees, he didn't have that overwhelming sense of fear. However, he did have an overwhelming sense of being watched. So when he turns back around to go get the last of his stuff, he noticed his movement off in the trees, just cut behind some trees just out of you, but not enough to just the movement. He couldn't make anything out. So he's sitting there perplexed on what to do because it's in the same direction he has to go to get the rest of his stuff. So he gets off his bear spray he's holding it in his hand and he walks in. Now he's dead dog tired. He's been peddling a bike for miles and miles. He does not want to be doing this. So as he gets back in there, he notices his stuff is not where it was. He had his hammock tent coiled up in a ball with the ropes wrapped around it, and he couldn't he's looking around for it. He finds his little water jug and the little day pack thing that he gathered those up, and he's looking around and he hears something off in the distance, and he looks in that direction and up in a tree. And now this is not the first time we've heard of this, but up in a tree, his little bundled pack was up in some branches, way up. He said it was thirty foot plus where the single was up in the trees. And for the life of him, he could not figure out how in the hell his shit one got torn and then to be put up in a tree where who's going to get it up there? He didn't climb up to get it. So he immediately decides time to gets go. Time I'm not sticking here. This is some crazy shit he felt like he was in the twilight zone. Nothing was making any sense whatsoever. So as he is making his way out, he keeps hearing this grunt sound, and he said it sounded just like a bear grunt. So he turns around, half expecting to have to spray a bear. And his mind's really racing because he's got this thing, this figure in the distance. His shit's missing up in a tree, and now this bear grunt, so it's a whole multitude of just different shit going on in his head. He clears the tree line and as soon as he clears the tree line, just to his right hand side, a tree gets knocked down in front of him at an angle. If he had kept walking instead of stopping, the tree may have actually hit him.
Speaker 3: It was a light birch crack. He heard it snap, he heard it break.
Speaker 2: It was about eight inch diameter, and he looks over in the direction and he sees this thing standing there, just looking at him, And as soon as they make eye contact, he said, it was really black in the face. It was silhouetted, so all he could see was a little gleam in the eye, kind of the light reflecting off the eye, not in a luminescent type thing. It just eyeshine, not within the sense of a flashlight shine, but just life in the eyes. And he yells, hey, dude, this thing just walks in the tree line, but coming in his direction. Now he's only about five ten feet out of the tree line. And up here on along the sides of the roads, you'll have the road drop off into a ditch typically, and then it'll bank up and then the trees will start. In this particular area, it was flat across, so he's literally on the same flat ground. This thing is walking along and as soon as he gets parallel with him in the tree line, it screams at him. And he's stuck. He's holding this bear spray, stuck. He doesn't know what the hell to do because none of this is making sense to him. And as he turns and he's pointing the bear spray at this thing, it just walks backwards, looking right at him, but smoothly walks backwards and then gets in a little ways and then steps out of you. Now he's really stuck. He doesn't know what to do with this. As a matter of fact, when he was sharing it with me, he was just questioning me why did they do that? Why this? And I was like, dude, hey, guests as good as mine. But for whatever reason, as it stepped out of you, he said, the scream was still ringing in his ears. Before he knew it. He was on his bike pedaling. He must have been about two three miles from that particular spot when he came across another cyclist that was packing up his camping shit because he heard the scream from a couple miles away. This dude, another bicyclist, heard that scream and gathered up his shit and decided he was going to pedal on too. There's a series of canyons and fjord like areas along some of these rivers just up north of here, very beautiful treacherous grounds though, so as he catches up to the other guy coming up, he stops and says, tells him what happened. And the guy was like, I heard that scream. I'm packing up, I'm leaving. The other bicyclist had a gun. The bicyclist with the gun was carrying it in his hand. He was like, hey, just put that away. It's back there. It could have attacked me. It didn't. That kind of thing guys, I don't give a shit if it didn't attack you. That sounds humongous, and I don't know what it is. And he tries to explain to him, I saw it whatever you basically describing the sasquatch to him, and the guy kind of chuckles and puts his gun away. This guy just heard the same screen enough to cause him to pack up to freaking leave. But he's gonna mock the guy who came from that traction and told him what it was. I whatever, I don't get that, but he continued, He peddled on, no further instance or anything like that. But this poor guy was just out pedaling his bike doing something he's done a million times. And there's it seems to be a running theme with that. There's a lot of people who have been out here for many years, never had a single problem, not a single instance of anything, to all of a sudden have that shit shattered in a heartbeat. It's unfortunate. There's no definites none. I rack my brain every day on something definitive, something concrete, but it varies so much. There's nothing really tangible. Yet again, the excursion I'm getting ready to go on, we're gonna drift this to sit in a river. There was some recent activity there. We were paste out of one spot. We're gonna go back film this time. The first time I went, I didn't have permission to film, so I didn't bring anything with me other than protection. And then we had some bullshit happen and we got paste out from the spot where he was showing me the encounter, so I guess spot of two encounters. We didn't have a visual, but it was definitely making noise and stomping around. Squash Paint didn't like that. He really didn't like that. I'll be getting back to you guys soon, getting ready to take off into the wild until the next one. I can't, I can't, I can't