Speaker 1: Waco, Orlando's rock station one oh one one wjr R. We should probably mention it we have Metallica tickets all this week.
Speaker 2: You better believe it. For you say it, we play it. That happens on the JR Facebook page.
Speaker 1: Yeah, once the voting opens for that right around seven to twenty at some point, make sure you throw a vote in. That's how you'll qualify to win the tickets each morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just vote once. We know everybody wants Metallica tickets and many people ask me over the weekend a bunch of buddies and stuff. You can win them, But just vote once for you say we played.
Speaker 1: Let's begin. In Royal Oak, Michigan, the Royal Oak Public Library is closed indefinitely after what happened. Several types of bugs infested the library, which were apparently stuffed inside of DVD cases and dropped in the book drop in the that's.
Speaker 2: Not cool, man, So somebody did this? How could you hate libraries?
Speaker 1: Wouldn't you? I mean, wouldn't you just have to look at who rented the DVDs? You would logic would say that whoever returned him was the same person who it could have.
Speaker 2: Just been DVDs that weren't the libraries anyway. You know, couldn't you just dump the bugs right in the book return and skip the DVDs?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess they wanted to make sure they got inside the library. This was like the after hours book drop. So they went and retrieved the stuff. And when the library worker went to look to make sure the DVD that was being returned was actually in the case, out come the bugs. Out of an abundance of caution, Bob. They've closed the library until pest control and public health officials can make sure it's safe that this wasn't some sort of bug terror incident.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming still renting DVDs from a library or checking them out. Who still has a DVD player? I do? I have a four K DVD player? Ooh, the Blu Ray, Blu Ray four K DVD. Yes, I don't know if I have mine. ORT know, I'm trying to think of the setup on the the entertainment center. It's a receiver. Nope, DVD players probably put away somewhere if I have it. But honestly renting a DVD or checking out a DVD from the library, just owning a DVD player is one thing. Okay, you check that box, but then checking one out from the library. That's hardcore. Man's that's got to be seventy five to eighty year old.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get the most of your library card benefits now. I hope you all are able to open up again soon there, because man, school's back in session. The kids need to flock in there to do research papers. Oh wait, never mind, Still remember using the encyclopedia. Sitting there trying to get information out of an encyclopede encyclopedia which you know are updated.
Speaker 2: What once every forty eight years. Well, they put a new volume out every year with encyclopedias with amended stuff. But and then you and then you. For me, it was trying to copy it but not look like I was playing, you know, gotta.
Speaker 1: Put the footnotes in there.
Speaker 2: How could I reword this one? Thomas Edison invented the light bulb? Oh uh, mister Edison, Thomas was the light bulb inventor. That's not plage rising. I did me some wonders.
Speaker 1: Man. A gray cats has been reunited with its own who live outside of San Francisco. After several months in nearly a nine hundred mile journey the shipped or something. Nope, nope. The couple Benny and Susanna Augiano, took their two cats with them on vacation to Yellowstone's Fishing Bridge RV Park back in June.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a party. It was the cat's first trip to the forest. That place sounds like the cat's me out at me.
Speaker 1: But soon after they arrived, one of the cats was startled and ran into the nearby trees. And they looked for the cat for four days, even laying out his favorite treats and toys. They finally had to leave and head back home, thinking they had lost their beloved cat, who went scrambling into the woods. But somehow, several months later, the cat found its way back to them. After well, let's let's let the owners explain a little bit here.
Speaker 3: He was really depleted. He probably didn't have a lot of energy to maybe even go further. So so this lady who found him and rescued him, she's just an angel because and she even said that he looked like he was not going to make it much longer.
Speaker 1: The cat had made it about eight hundred miles from the park back into actual California before the do gooder that she described there, found the cat, brought the cat in and eventually found that it was microchipped, and got it reunited with the rightful owners.
Speaker 2: That was my cat.
Speaker 1: It'd be your luck. That would be your luck.
Speaker 2: You probably got attached to that cat, didn't you.
Speaker 1: Ma'am finds its way eight hundred miles back to your loving arms to Talco.
Speaker 2: Ma'am, I see that cat. Look he's moving towards you, and then I'm slowly shoving it. Look like this, he's really liking you a lot, ma'am. I can see it. You would think that you have kibbles and bits underpants on right now. He wants to get kibbles and then your bits. Yep. He just gave me the eye that said, Bob, we don't want to live you with you anymore.
Speaker 1: He's all yours.
Speaker 2: Yep, you want some toys for him? Hold on, here you go. Here's a scratching post.
Speaker 1: Eight bulls escaped from a rodeo that was being held in the parking lot of a mall yesterday in North Attleborough, Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: What could go wrong with that? A mall parking lot rodeo? Eight bulls?
Speaker 1: Ironically, the steak truck was also set up in the parking lot.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I'll never forget those days during COVID we would go around and that was the game in town.
Speaker 1: You're jinxing yourself right now.
Speaker 2: Dude, selling steaks at them. But I tell you what, you can get a hell of a deal. You can get a box of steaks for a damn good price.
Speaker 1: Steaks.
Speaker 2: I'm not no, No, you're than yourself because I bought a case. They're solid, okay. And then the stakum kinds, the.
Speaker 1: Bulls actually at one point made it out to us one. They eventually headed for some nearby woods. I have video of all this on our Facebook page. By the way, it's a miracle that no one was hurt. They managed to get them corralled in somebody's backyard. I guess they all stuck together as they went on their bull run Mark parking lot rodeo. Who the hell is going to go to that on a Sunday afternoon during football season.
Speaker 2: That's gotta feel good during on the hoofs. And wait, you said in Massachusetts, right, Yeah, it had to be a football thing. Huh. I was thinking Buffalo Bills, not the Bulls.
Speaker 1: No, why would you go to a mall parking lot rodeo during football season. I know I thought it was.
Speaker 2: I was trying to think if it was a buffalo kind of like you know that promotion. I was also thinking of some guy going, oh, man with bulls, where are all my bulls? Anything else? Now I think I'm about tapped out. All right, your cat's back, by the way, he's looking for you. Damn it. Clinch and taking on demand. Download the iHeartRadio app and listen anytime anywhere. This is j R R.