Speaker 1: You don't want to be an American idiot loving the Canadian wildfire smoke. It's nice to drive through Cincinnati and smell something other than pot. Gary Jeff Finn for Sloani. This Monday morning, June the second, and right out of the shoe, we've got a hopeful for Cincinnati mayor on a day where the folks downtown will raise the Pride flag. I don't know if we'll get into that, but our first guest today is a guy I had the chance to meet last summer, and now he's running for mayor of Cincinnati. Won in the primary, came in second, a long shot second to have tab pure vol in the primary that was held in November. You, as a citizen of Cincinnati, will decide whether this guy will be the next mayor of Cincinnati. I like him. He's a friend of mine. Well, he can be a friend to mine. He's a friendly guy to me. Corey Bowman, how you doing man?
Speaker 2: Hello to my friend Gary Jeff.
Speaker 3: How you doing there?
Speaker 1: You are on the road to Columbus, which sounds like a bing Crosby Bob Hope movie. That reference was for the dead people who are listening. Gary Jeff, what's your key demographic people in coffins. So anyway, on the road doing a little Man. You've had a busy schedule. You told me Corey that when we were just talking about you being on the show eventually, because you've been so busy with everything you've got going on in your life. Not only is Corey a pastor, not only is he a business owner, has the coffee shop on the West End. Not only is he running for mayor, but his wife is ready to have a baby. How is that.
Speaker 3: Going going awesome? We're about two weeks away from our due date of our fourth child. We're very excited.
Speaker 1: I think I asked you on the phone, Corey, when we talked the last time we were talking about your wife expecting, I said, man, are you nuts? How could you have that much on your plate at the same time? This is crazy. I mean I'm good enough just to be able to do this bartend and try and keep my wife happy. That's three. But that's as much as I got time for. Where do you find time for all of this in the campaigning and the money raising and everything else.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it is definitely something that you have to navigate through. And we've never had a political race in our life before, and this is all new territory for us. But thankfully there's some really great people that have come along side us and help, whether it be with advice or volunteer opportunities. And yeah, I think I've told you a lot time I talk with you that I wake up in the morning, you know about every morning just saying Corey, you made a crazy decision here, and then by the end of the day I feel so encouraged because of the conversations that we have with people that are very hopeful for what we're doing.
Speaker 1: What do you what do you think the trick is for somebody who's not a Democrat to get elected into citywide office in Cincinnati? Is it just getting people out to vote? Because the voter turnout is so incredibly horribly low in Cincinnati in most places, unless it's a national election, a federal election, how do you get people to turn out? The Democrats always seem to.
Speaker 3: Well, you have to give them reason to turn out, you know. And that's going to be what we're working on. What we have then, what we're working on and what we will be the next five months is just showing people what our policies are what we stand for practical polities. You know, there's certain just general stances that we can have, but we're working on key practical things that we would implement from day one, and these are things that we're going to be communicating all throughout the next five months, getting people excited about what's happening. And then obviously you just got to give people hope. You know what's going on in our city right now. You've got to be able to give people a choice. At the end of the day. You know, this election is going to turn out however it's going to turn out, but we're going to fight to be able to show people that you can have a choice, so you can have debate and you can have differences of opinion.
Speaker 1: Last night, downtown twelfth and Central area shots rang out and people were outside dining trying to enjoy a Sunday evening. They were told by the police a shelter in place. And I mean, this is going on more and more in Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Gary Jeff, Gary Jeff, that can't be. They've been reporting that crime is low.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying, But how much is going unreported? Corey, And how much is going unpublicized by perhaps in sometimes a complacent media that just looks the other way. This is, this is increasingly a problem not only in Cincinnati, but in other large cities. How do you tackle that as.
Speaker 3: Mayor Well, you know, this is an issue to where if you actually look people that are living downtown. We have a business in the West End, we have a church in the West End. We go out and talk with community and we actually talk with a lot of CPD basis just what's going on. You know, you can look at the statistics all you want of what they're trying to put out, but I'll tell you everybody that is anywhere close to downtown in the city knows that nothing could be farther from the truth that there are gunshops, that there's crime that's being unreported. And then also we need to talk about the structure of how things are set up with the call center and with you know, how things are dispatched properly, because the reality of it is that we have a call center right now that is operated by the city and at their own discretion when calls come in, they have the choice to send out either a three to one one officer, an ARC officer, or a CPD officer, And if you look at all the unrest in the division that's happening in our city right now, it's because CPD and these local law enforcement officers that are doing nothing but wanting to protect and serve their community, they're being seen as the worst case scenario and it's creating this divide with the community. We need cops to be able to go in these businesses, to be able to go into the community, and to be able to have a relationship with those that they serve.
Speaker 1: What is the strengthened status of Cincinnati Police? How are we still under what we should have as far as actual Cincinnati police officers.
Speaker 3: Cory, I think the biggest issue that I'm hearing isn't necessarily the understaff, it's how it's being approached with these officers on what they actually are set out to accomplish. A lot of policies that are in place are tying their hands, you know, when it comes to non pursuit laws, when it comes to prosecutors that are releasing criminals right after their book. These are things to where it decreases the morale of the cops. And when you talk to these police officers It's not about understaff, it's not about any of that. It's about the job that they're doing on a daily basis. Is it worth anything? And then can there be policies in place that can actually allow them to do their jobs more properly and more effectively because they care about these crime rates. I think the police officers get a bad rap sometimes whenever you report some of the crime, but they want to do everything within their power to be able to help and serve the community. We just have to set that culture with the policies at the top.
Speaker 1: More and more and more, not just in Cincinnati, but all over the country. It's becoming exceedingly expensive to pay for a place to live. You hear the term affordable housing, and how would a Corey Bowman try and attack the housing that is just you know, out of reach for people who are working jobs, working two jobs. I mean, you're going to spend everything you got on rent, You got nothing to eat once you get home. What do you think is a logical reasonable answer to solving what is becoming a real crisis.
Speaker 3: Well, I think there's several things you've got to look at. Number one is that we do have affordable housing in the city in the west and where on then where I believe eighty seven percent government subsidized housing. This is the problem though, is that there's a major disparity between those that are getting helped out in a bad situation and those that are at the top of the income level. We have to create opportunities for people to have market rate housing or even eighty percent AMI. There's certain programs that we need to be more aggressive with when it comes to creating that pathway out. For many people in these low income areas, their only pathway out is to move out. But that shouldn't be the case. In a lot of these areas, you have at the very lowest of levels of affordable housing and then you'll have like an eight hundred thousand dollars talent home that's right across the street. We have to be able to have an in between to where we show these young individuals that as they grow up, they graduate, they get married, they have kids, that there can be a pathway for them to keep on moving up instead of just being stuck where they are, and that has to come from the city. When it comes to the policies of the housing. We actually need to put more power in the hands of the community. What we saw in Hyde Park is an example of a council and a mayor that really didn't pay attention to the voices of the community. We all need to be for development. I don't need to be able to encourage these local developers to be able to revitalize these amazing properties they're in our city. But when it comes down to it, a lot of times the council and the mayor have their ultimate vision and that comes at the expense of the opinions of the community.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, the situation at Hyde Park is a perfect example cory of you know, just progress over people's desires for you know, maintaining a certain culture and a certain charm that an area has. And that was absolutely a railroading in my opinion. All right, finally Cincinnati listed. Now they've taken the page down today. I just heard on the news. DHS has of areas that were listed as sanctuary cities and may have their federal funding threatened because of their policy regarding ice and illegal immigrants that are residing and in many cases, committing crimes in those areas, and there's no cooperation between local law enforcement and the local administration and the federal officials who are trying to find and detain these people who were in our country illegally. It may be a prickly subject for you. I don't know as a pastor, But tell me what a Cory Bowman administration would you work to rescind that what we were told at the time was a symbolic sanctuary city status of Cincinnati in order to be more in line with the federal government's immigration policy and the president's immigration policy.
Speaker 3: Well, I think number one, whenever you see the resolution and you see that there's a declaration that we're a sanctuary city, there was no actually action that backed up that claim other than just a sh And that's what ends up happening with a lot of these individuals, are a lot of our policies that it's all just to have this front At the end of the day, they didn't necessarily say that they were going to prevent ice from coming in the city. So are we a sanctuary city or not? It creates a lot of confusion. Second, you said that we're you know that as a pastor, how do I feel about this? If I'm having a Sunday morning service and I have dedicated members in my service that I'm in charge of. That that is my flock that I'm there to steward and to counsel and to help and preach the word of God to. And then somebody comes in off the street with a gun and starts shooting up the place. What do I do? Do I put that person's rights ahead of my congregation? Absolutely not. We have to protect the people and the citizens of our city first and foremost. A sanctuary city is not a sanctuary for innocent families. A sanctuary city is a sanctuary for crime and criminals and cartels and corruption.
Speaker 1: Very good. And uh again, if you uh, if you want to accept federal funding, then you're kind of beholden to what the federal government and their aims are when it comes to a situation like immigration and you know, fulfilling the law of the land.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, what I would what I would say is that what what we learn most about city government is that number one, you have to focus on the issues that affect the city. We can't copy and paste national politics when it comes to our roads, when it comes to crime and infrastructure, when it comes to all these important things. But it is valuable to have a proper relationship with the county, with the state, and with the federal and that would be something that we would focus on in our mayorship is to be able to have the best relationship we could with the federal government, to be able to have the help when we need to, and to be able to work together to benefit the city and the best that we can.
Speaker 1: And finally, Corey Bowman, this is not a running premiere question, just a personal question. You are the half brother of Vice President JD. Vance and I know your opinion is biased, but how do you think your brother's doing so far?
Speaker 3: You know, I'm extremely proud of him. I mean, when you read the book that he wrote and we watched the movie, you see the background where he came from. You know, we share a father, and he came from a lot of hard situations. And to be able to see somebody no matter what your background is, no matter what you're racist, to be able to come from poverty and to be able to take yourself up in such a short about of time, to be at that level of the Vice President of the United States, I couldn't be happier and more proud of my older brother as a role model. Of mind as a friend of mine and to be able to see what lies ahead for his future as well.
Speaker 1: Well. I know one thing or another happens. I know this just from talking to you in the brief exposure I've had with Corey Bowman, is that your future is going to be bright, whether you wind up being elected mayor of Cincinnati or not. You've got a fourth child on the way, You've got a what's becoming from what I hear, a pretty successful, big where's your business over in the West End. What's it called.
Speaker 3: It's King Darm's Coffee Shop. So I'm the co owner of that. One of my good friends from Tampa Cohnes and with me, and we've been a I basically sold them on Cincinnati. I told him that I believe that Cincinnati is the greatest city on earth, and I believe that we don't necessarily need to go into the highest traffic areas. We need to go in the areas where we can make an impact. And that's exactly what we're seeing with our coffee shop. We've seen even transformation in the last two years from being on the block that we're in, and we're going to continue seeing that. So it's King's Arm's Coffee Shop and it's right in the west end of Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: And what's the name of your church.
Speaker 3: It's the River Church, Cincinnati. We're about two blocks away from the TQL Soccer Stadium. And we all work to all these entities that we're part of works together to be able to have outreaches and impact in the community. We're actually planning something at the end of each month in the summer to be able to help young individuals and to be able to provide groceries and other things to bless the community.
Speaker 1: Well, have a safe rest of your trip, brother, and we will talk to you inever you get time, which sounds like almost never.
Speaker 3: No. Thank you so much, Gary Jeff for having me. I'll tell everybody if you want to get involved, go to Coreybowman dot com at Corybowman dot com Corey without an and you can see all the things that we stand for in ways that you can get involved there. We're planning some major things in June for volunteer opportunities.
Speaker 1: God bless you. Thank you Corey. Coming up next Teddy Pierce after news his book De Throne Davos as in the Place in the Switzerland, where the World Economic Forum and the Globalist tole meet every year to plot against us UH and how do we do that? How do we dethrone Davos? And what is a shadow cabinet that the Democrats are proposing to oppose Donald Trump? All ahead on the Scott's Loan Show. Gary Jeffan for Sloaning on seven undter wlw Yes, everybody wants to rule the world. The world wants to rule us too. Garry Jeffan for Scott's Loan seven undter wlw Our next guest is a writer, speaker, author, and a commentator who is hell bent on defending America against globalist interests. He's written a book called d Throne Davos Save America and he is here with us on the phone now, Teddy Pierce, good morning, Welcome to the show. How are you hi?
Speaker 2: Am doing great? Thank you for.
Speaker 4: Having me all right?
Speaker 1: Well, so, d Throne Davos, Yes, for the for the average person, Davos is this place in Switzerland where the muckety MUCKs gather once a year to try and figure out how they're going to completely dominate the rest of the world. Is that a fair kind of layman's assessment?
Speaker 5: Well, for the average laymen, we need to understand that that's exactly what they're doing, although the muckety MUCKs would hardly categorize it that way themselves. There of the w you see for your safety.
Speaker 1: Well, they know better than us, and that therefore they should rule over us like subjects.
Speaker 5: You're you know, we we can look around the world and look at these crazy ideas like transhumanism, the idea of the fifteen minute city, and of course the joke of living in the pod and eating the bugs. But you know these, all of these jokes and these things that we talk about come from the World Economic Forum and their own words. You know, they meet in Davos every January and they put out this highly produced promotional video that said, we will eat far less meat. It'll be an occasional treat and we will we will have a lot less autonomy and travel and sovereignty. There will be a carbon tax, and of course we will own nothing and be happy. And you've got to think it takes the audacity of the devil himself to think that you should be the sovereign over humanity and make those rules for them.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's a proposed legislation in Minnesota. I saw this last week where someone there is proposing in their state government that they limit how many miles people travel every year. In other words, And that's the thing I don't like about autonomous vehicles. And you know, things like oh cheez, the North Star or whatever it's called that tracks your vehicle everywhere. So well, it's for your protection, you know, so if you're in an accident or something, they can find you. Well, if you're not in an accident, they can find you with all the GPS and everything else that we have embedded in our vehicles. Now, I don't like it. I don't think it's anybody's business how far I'm traveling in my car, nor should it be. And I don't want them to know where I am any given minute of the day. But that's all part of this kind of takeover of the sovereignty of our lives. And I wish you would speak just for a moment about the cashless society and digitizing everything so it can be tracked every purchase, every sale. It sounds remarkably to me like the mark of the beasts in the Book of Revelation, doesn't it.
Speaker 5: It certainly does. And you know, just very quickly. You know, the autumn of the car that will drive you anywhere you want to go is really great until it locks the doors and hauls you over to the police station because you wrote a mean tweet, which.
Speaker 1: Or just stop so they can come and get you.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, and the cashlest society is exactly that, one of these big things and the reason that so much power and money and influence have gone into technology because our own and sleep many many was the knowledgy is just easier we go along with. And of course the end of that is the cash society or the central digital currency. It's all electronic. There's no printed money, there's no form of barter outside of going through mechanisms. Defintely your point that they can track and keep total track of, you know, if we if we get to that point, there's that that is the ultimate goal is you know, and again it goes back certainly, these people, uh you know, that can go down a lot of rabbit holes.
Speaker 1: Teddy, Teddy, I will tell you we're having a lot of trouble. We're having a lot of trouble with your signal. It keeps breaking up. I don't know if there's sorry anything that we can do to remedy. I tell you what, I'm going to take a quick break. I'm going to try and reconnect with you, okay, because what you're saying is so important. I wanted to come through you know what I mean is so absolutely If you would just indulge me for a moment, We're going to try and reconnect with you more with Teddy Pierce de Throne Davos, and wanted to get into the shadow government that Democrats like Elisa Sluckin are proposing to counter what the Trump administration in the executive branch has been doing in the few short months they've been in office. Now trying to talk to Teddy Pierce, author of Dethrone Davos, Save America. Teddy, are you there?
Speaker 6: Can you hear me now?
Speaker 4: I can.
Speaker 1: This is a Verizon commercial from the nineties. This is great, all right, fantastic. Yeah, you're coming in loud and clear. I wanted to talk to you real quickly about these protests that we continue to see springing up that are antithical to the American way of life, whether it be the pro Hamas Free Palestine protest, whether it be Antifa, whether it be bom the things that we've seen rise up in the last couple of years that are sowing chaos and division in our country and in our cities especially. Is this a product of the Globalist Are they in part funding this to divide and separate us and cause this chaos to help bring America down?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: You know, one of the things about the global movement is they've got to destabilize the West, get us on our knees and our hands outstretched for their solutions, you know. But they have to do that and destabilize us without a complete total societal collapse because then obviously that gives too many contingencies and options other than their solutions. So we're seeing this delicate balance throughout, you know, throughout the West more broadly, but certainly with BLM. People claim to be trained Marxists who are running this, and so the communism aspect and seeing that slowly creep into almost everything that we see around us is certainly part of the plan. But it's a part of destabilization again. That's just they're willing to use any and every tactic at their disposal to make sure that their glorious revolution comes to it.
Speaker 1: In well, they use violence in vandalism and then try and claim it's a constitutional right protected by the First Amendment, the freedom of speech, freedom of expression. A violence in vandalism is not freedom of speech, it's not freedom of expression. It's violences and vandalism, and it's it's a criminal act and it should be treated as such. But they're trying to hide behind the Constitution in a way that seems almost unfathomable to me. Moving on the shadow cabinet, I mean, we saw what happened under four yard years of a shadow presidency, of a shadow administration, a shadow government with Joe Biden. It's being more and more revealed. You know, you don't have to agree with me, Teddy. I think that no matter what you think of Donald Trump and his policies, you absolutely know who's in charge of our federal government right now. We had absolutely no idea who was in charge the four years of Joe Biden, did we.
Speaker 2: Well, they spot on there.
Speaker 5: You certainly know who's in charge now. But under the autopen presidency. This is something I talk about in the book, is this is where we're where the globalists are trying to take us into these heavy, top down, centralized bureaucratic governments, and you could just plug and play any politician you want to.
Speaker 2: And really, the.
Speaker 5: Quote unquote leader is meant to be a placeholder to sell you the globalist agenda and to bring his people along with the program and the plan. And I think they got the perfect candidate and Joe Biden. And if they could have gotten any better candidate, it would have been Kamala Harris. So I'm glad that they were foiled there.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, after the failures of the Biden administration and her being a part of it, and the fact that this woman, Gosh, I don't mean to be mean, but you want to talk about an unlikable person an unlikable personality and total falseness that just shown through where like a five year old could tell this lady's not not real. There's nothing about her that is substantive or you know, anything that resembles competent. And so they really really did they back themselves in the corner by not finding a replacement for Biden sooner.
Speaker 5: There were so many things about that they had it's almost unimaginable that they were just going to roll the dice again and just do the basement strategy again. For twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Well, his aids were talking about rolling them out in a wheelchair and pretending it was FDR.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I think that they they believed, and this is stateside local Democrat politics, believed that they could that they could just get away with it, that they were going to have enough media coverage, enough of a fog of lies inside the DC beltwave that they were going to be able to do that and then come up with a strategy after you know, the second term Biden's re election, then they were going to come up with strategy and the clock ran out on them.
Speaker 1: Now what's his shadow? What's his shadow cabinet? That Alice Slotkin was proposing the Center for Michigan shadow.
Speaker 5: You know, it is amazing, uh that Well, the epitaph on the on the tombstone of conservatism is gonna it's gonna say, imagine if the shoe were on the other foot, always saying imagine if the if the Republican did what the Democrats did.
Speaker 2: But it again.
Speaker 5: Just shows you an immense amount of audacity on their part to say we control the narrative and we're the good guys, and anybody who opposes us or the bad guys, and so this is not this is actually freedom of liberty and democracy to even have a news article, much less in reality if these people think that they are the stalwarts defending the government by openly opposing the government. So it's just amazing. But again, this is this hubris that goes back to these people feel so protected by a narrative driver and as long as they show up and play cabal, they think that they're going to get that coverage and that power that comes with siding with globalism and pretending that that's just the inevitable march of the future.
Speaker 1: Another aspect of the globalism that you're right about in Dethrone Davos, isn't it also depopulation. Bill Gates famously talked about this. He thought that the world really only needed about five hundred five hundred billion people, maybe five hundred million people, and that would be a goal to reach, so depopulation, and you've seen America is having less babies than ever before. And all of this is part of the agenda, right.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 5: And you know, earlier I was saying you can go down many rabbit holes. But really this comes back to the concept of the banality of evil. This idea that when evil manifests itself, certainly in this managerial governmental way, it's just people following orders, right, And it's if you look at if you look at us as humanity through the lens of being barcodes, and they're the people who should manage the store, then all of a sudden, a lot of their ideas and transhumanism and getting in the pod and eating the bugs makes a lot of sense. And so that's the depopulation part of that is is just a sheer part of management on their part. What sounds good, what looks right, and then what different ways can we manipulate the population into reducing them their own population through this idea of social normality. If we can create this sense that it's just socially normal to have a decreasing population, then all of a sudden, there's no there's no more conspiracy, right.
Speaker 6: There's nothing to point to, there's no smoking gun.
Speaker 5: It's just the way that it is.
Speaker 2: Well, if which is a whole plant all along, if.
Speaker 1: There's only five hundred million people left on the planet, there were a lot easier to control too.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, all right, David.
Speaker 1: Scarlett, thank you, So, I mean, David Scarlett Teddy Pierce, take you for your time. I'm all discombobulated. Now you've got me thinking about these globalist oligarchs, as Bernice Sanders would say, controlling everything, and it's it's been on my mind for quite a while. But you can read all about it in Dethrone Davos, Save America. Is it possible? Does a book end on a hopeful note?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 5: Yes, you know, my My main thrust is that we need to wake up. We need to clearly identify the enemy who's trying to stay masked on purpose and stay as a as a hidden group of people that are But I have a lot of hope in so many of the sovereignty movements that you see popping up, America First Movement being pre eminent among those. But if we are able to understand that we're living through a scio and that we can pull back from this narrative that so many people are waking up to, and we can come around and reclaim what it is that our country was founded on. It's a shared humanity. If we can reclaim our shared humanity from these technocratic overlords, we have a great hope of maintaining our sovereignty. And our freedom for generations to come.
Speaker 1: All right, fantastic, Thank you so much for your time this morning. Our next guest is David Scarlett. I kind of jumped ahead of myself there. Dude was dead. This is what he says. He was dead and God told him that his report card was empty. He had work to do back on Earth and sent him back. He is a marine, a former marine. He's been a very successful businessman and today he runs an organization called for His Glory. There's a capital on the h He is a pastor. And we'll be talking to David Scarlet about many things, but his story just fast. The first time I heard him tell the story fascinated me. Be careful what you eat. He had a coney and it apparently had bachelism in it and sent him to the hospital and he was dead and then he wasn't dead. And he'll be next after news. Gary jeff In forsloone on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: Do you want to be an American?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gary jeff In for slone, Monday, June second, twenty twenty five. How you be I'd be fine. Well, thank you for asking. As I mentioned before the news break, Our next guest is these days a pastor in his history, a marine, a very successful businessman, and these days chairman and founder of His Glory Ministry, is a Christian outreach and creator of the film Battle at the Border, and the author of All for His Glory, The near death Experience of a modern day job. The one and only David Scarlett. It's been a while since we last spoke, David, but it's good to talk to you again. How are you.
Speaker 8: Wonderful?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 8: Thank you for having me again.
Speaker 1: You bet, just for people, for people's edification if they never heard the story. Give me the brief, you know, readers digest condensed version of your story that went from a from a cooney to a coma, to death and then back to life. What happened?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, So, as you said, I was a marine, and I rose the rank of the corporate world as in structor of three forty one company had all the fame, fortune and big head money, and it was empty. And then on seven seven traven, I ate some chili that had botchels and toxin in it. Long story short. By Friday the thirteenth, I was done. A breathing machine died three times, saw heaven Lord came sent me back after seeing my report card was not complete, and he wanted me to start a ministry called by his name, His Glory, And today we reached twenty five million people in every country of the world.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic. What a story, What a story. What was it like being with the Lord in heaven.
Speaker 8: I've always wondered, absolutely perfection, just unbelievable, unconditional love. Just to shalom, the piece that you can only get from there. Everything was your sentence, senses are heightened, everything looks better, sees better, like TVs, that technology we've never seen here on Earth, music that's never played on Earth's absolutely beautiful and just just that overwhelming a piece of just unconditional love. It was truly perfection.
Speaker 1: So it's not just it's not floating on a cloud or something. It's it's just total sensory overload, is what you're saying.
Speaker 8: Total sensory overload. And what have it or God has in store for us when we get to heaven is beyond anybody can imagine. It's not going to be those days where you just lay in a cloud and just pass your day away. We're outside of time and space, you know, when I died. I think I was clinically dead three times for about three to four minutes, but it seemed like I was outside of time, just the ones that I saw my pictures and probably was like forty to forty five minutes to slideshow. The Lord showed me of heaven, so we will not be bored in heaven. It will be beyond our wildest imagination and follow our heart. Lord will follow us with our heart.
Speaker 1: Well that's fantastic. I really can't wait now. I mean so recently, it's just been a little over a week ago. There was a there was a Christian rally basically, this Christian rally was in Seattle, uh And and what was the Christian rally there? Rallying for and about? Let's set the stage there.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, it was about love. It was a counter protest, if you will, showing love instead of violence. And that it was so bad. I don't know how much the media it's picked up, but they were taking urine balloons and throwing into at Christians just to start start a riot. And this is something they want to do in every city in the nation. We saw a terrorist attack this weekend in Colorado. Yeah, that's what the that's what they have planned. They want to have a Summer of love two point zero going into the summer.
Speaker 1: Who are there? Who are they?
Speaker 8: David, Well, we're gonna have to follow the money. My guess is strong guess with a lot of evidence behind it. At the George Sorow's pack that want to break up and create the vision in our country that Washington DC assassination is tied to all this too, that go went back to Chicago. So with fole the money, we're going to see that he's the big deep State is funding this to cause division two point zero to try to stop President Trump and everything he's doing.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I hate to interrupt a serious conversation about something that's really important, But are you hanging out with cows?
Speaker 4: I literally am.
Speaker 8: I'm on the ranch and I got on nine cows that have come up defeeding time.
Speaker 1: They are very vocal. It's something that I mean, that's the cow in the room. I can't ignore, David.
Speaker 8: So it's dinner time.
Speaker 1: The mayor of Seattle, in the wake of this, blamed the Christians for the violence that was directed at them, right, that's correct.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they want to steer that blame. See Christians are always the center of their attack because if the Christians fall, they know the rest of the rest of the United States book fall too, because we're they only want the remnant Christians that are willing to stand up for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. You know, we saw that in January sixth. We did two films on January sixth with Nick Sercy, common theme with Christians and former military patriots. That's who they wanted to break down.
Speaker 1: Well, that's who they many times went over in the arrests after January sixth. I mean there were Christian grandmothers and former sheriffs and former service members who happened to be in the crowd that day that the Department of Justice under Joe Biden targeted to be rounded up and eventually put into prison and gulags in Washington, d c. Simply for being supporters of Donald Trump. And they committed no violent acts, but yet they were tracked down like they were public enemy number one in many cases.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, we show that in our two movies Capital Punishment and The War on Truth. Moore is going to come out January sixth is going to boomerang back the true instigators of January sixth, Justice will be coming. I expect we'll see something big this summer. And that's another reason why they want to do divisions and riots two point oh, to keep our eye away from what the truth is about to be exposed.
Speaker 1: All right, So you have confidence, full confidence that Pam Bondy and Cash Mattel and the rest of the Trump administration are going to get to the root of all of this and point these people out and call them on the carpet and bring justice finally for American patrons.
Speaker 8: Well, Pam, Pam BONDI I'm not sure. I don't have a personal relationship with Pam. I don't know her, But with Cash Betel, I do. And I know Cash is he's not going for revenge, He's going for justice, and they'll let the chips follow the a And I have no doubt Cash is going to hold him accountable and we're going to see some big, big things coming in the next days to week.
Speaker 1: You mentioned the terror attack in Boulder, Colorado last night. I was on the air last night immediately in the aftermath of this and had Sane Rosenbaum on about these kind of attacks, these anti Semitic attacks. But this guy was an illegal immigrant. He was given a visa guest visa in twenty two. I guess that expired in twenty three, he was still in the country. He was an Egyptian national. He yelled free Palestine as he threw a molotov cocktail into a group of people who were protesting to Jewish people who were protesting to get the hostages released of Gaza. And now he is in facing federal and local charges there in Denver, and it looks looks like they've got him dead to rights. But how many of these people are still left in our country after the open border policy.
Speaker 8: Well, unfortunately that is is a far worse. We have in the top forty cities, we have cells, Heasles cells and Homas cells that are just waiting for a communication by the Ayatola to be activated. What their goal is a like a nine to eleven type event, and ten or more cities at the same time. So this is not We pray for intervention if somebody sees something to say something, but they are not stopping. Like I said, this is going to be the Summer Love two point zero without the love, just pure hate. And we see this money it's coming in from the Middle East. So again, follow the money. We're going to find out how this is all connected. We have to shut off the money.
Speaker 1: Did it make you a little bit hesitant when Donald Trump was on his business trip to the Middle East and meeting with the Katari and some of these other people in Saudi Arabia and the like, We're uh, much of this is being funded from they give you and it's kind of troubling.
Speaker 3: Yeh does give you a bit of pause.
Speaker 8: Because President Trump he's a businessman and he thinks you can solve these things with you know, the art of the deal, a business deal. Well, that might work with Saudi Arabia because they're not as extreme as to Iotola of Iran. But when he had told of Iran, he is so fundamentally they believe that if they had used a nuclear weapon against big Satan, the United States, a little Satan Israel, that they're twelfth Milehadi will come back. So it's not if they'll use a nuclear weapon when they get it, they will, and that's a danger and no peace deal is going to get that. And the cron is called a hudnah. It's a false piece until they can restore up their weapons to overcome their enemy. So it's a real threat.
Speaker 1: Well, David Scarlett, I appreciate your time, and it was good to hear from your cows.
Speaker 8: They'll send their best.
Speaker 1: Well I think I can smell it. Listen, listen, have a fantastic day, and remind everybody again about your fantastic book.
Speaker 2: For His Glory, All for His Glory.
Speaker 8: You can get that at ww His Glory dot. How he took the least likely person on the face of the earth and started a ministry called by his name, and everybody listened. Today you have a call I'll purpose from the big thing guy upstairs to be activated for such a time as this.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, hopefully one day I'll see you in heaven.
Speaker 2: Yes amen, all right, brother, thank you.
Speaker 1: So much, Pastor David Scarlett. So coming up next, we were talking about this cashlest society last half hour with Teddy Pierce, the de Throne, Davo Sky and how I'm gonna I want to report card how many places do not accept cash anymore. It's a growing number of places, and it really bothers me and I prefer not to patronize those places.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: Red's game Bengals game college football so if you've got what was it a taste of Belgium, I don't think takes money anymore? And it says writ on the note, it says this every bill that you've got. What's the small prince say? This note is legal tender for all debts public and private, but apparently not at those places. So give me some reports of places that do not accept cash. Five three, seven the big one we will discuss in a moment after the break on seven hundred WLW. It's been a pet peeve and I worry of mine for quite a while, the cashless society and people not accepting what says plainly legal tender. This note is legal tender for all debts public and private. US A right there? Why won't you accept it? Alan and Cole Rain who didn't wish to stay on the line, I guess said Whitewater Express car wash. It's one of those plays. My friend Pat Donolan writes new Rift Distillery no cash, So Bob and Westchester as a report too, Bob, what place doesn't accept money anymore?
Speaker 9: There's a high end cookie store on Red Bank Road that does not take cash.
Speaker 2: It's called cookie Plug.
Speaker 1: Cookie plug sounds dirty.
Speaker 4: It does sound dirty.
Speaker 9: But I went in there one day and ordered up fifty dollars with the cookies to take back to the office for people at work. Yeah, and I had a handful of cash, and the girl that works he said, oh, I'm sorry, Oh, we don't take cash.
Speaker 2: So I said, well, you can stick your cookies up your ask.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, okay, now that Bob made it dirty. I'm sure there are legitimate reasons why businesses cannot or do not accept cash. I would just like to know what they are. If you get a person, i'd say usually under thirty, like as a bartender. I've noticed this. The younger the person, the less likely they are to carry money around. I don't know if it's a safety thing or just a convenience thing. Oh it's easy, I'll just put it on my card. I have my debit card, I got my PayPal, I've got my phone. I what troubles me is it's not an option at places, and it should always be an option in America that they accept a legitimate form of payment. Hello Danny, Yeah, this has been a while back.
Speaker 10: I got into a station in Coraine to Coraine and Gabareith. Yeah, gas station and build up my tank or what it went in. And there's a big sign up on sort up by the ceiling. No fifty dollars bills. Well, open my wallet, and that's what I had.
Speaker 1: You know what, if it's a denomination, I more understand that than just not accepting the green stuff at all.
Speaker 4: I mean, if it's right, but that's a legal tender.
Speaker 10: It was a big argument, you know.
Speaker 4: I told him.
Speaker 10: He said he was going to call the cops. I said, go ahead, I'm standing here trying.
Speaker 2: To pay you with legal tender.
Speaker 4: And he finally took it, but throwing behind me.
Speaker 1: It probably was a situation where maybe maybe he didn't have the change for a fifty I don't know, there have been.
Speaker 10: Times that's a distinct possibility. That's a very busy guess station he had to change. I wasn't right it and he pulled it right out.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, yeah, that's that's different than not accepting cash at all. Greg and Wilmington, what you got?
Speaker 9: Yes, King's Island doesn't accept cash.
Speaker 2: You can't buy coke there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see. I think that's ridiculous. We're the home of the Reds, but I think it's ridiculous that Major League baseball stadiums don't accept cash anywhere for anything. Same way with the Bengals, same thing with a lot of professional sports franchises not accepting money legal tender, as I said. And the thing that here's the thing that troubles me Greg and we were talking about this with Teddy Pierce and the globalist agenda, is if every purchase, every sale, every purchase that you make or I make, has to be digital, has to be there has to be a record to it. It means that it can be tracked, and frankly, it is nobody else's business, not the banks, not the governments. For sure, what I buy or sell, as long as it's a legal product, it's nobody's business how much money I spend or don't spend on something. And if everything is on your card, then there is a record of it. I'm not trying to evade or avoid taxes. I'm not trying to do anything illegal. I'm just trying to pay for things. And it's my business. It's no one else's business, not the banks, not the government, not the credit card companies. My business. And the closer we come to a cashless society, the closer we all come to being controlled and tracked by whatever entity is actually controlling that digital account. Does that kind of make it clearer? Why? As I mentioned, we know now that the forty five year old Egyptian national who was in this country illegally committed a firebombing of Jewish protesters in Boulder, Colorado yesterday, screaming Free Palestine before lighting people on fire. How much crime by illegals in this country goes unreported? John Lott from the Crime Research Prevention Research Center is our guest next, and we'll talk about what maybe your local officials aren't reporting and what federal officials haven't been reporting up to this point before a new regime took hold. At the FBI, Gary Jeff for Sloane on seven hundred WLW, the forty five year old Egyptian national arrested last night in Boulder, Colorado and taken to the hospital because he actually burned himself while he was busy burning protesters who had gathered together at a mall. As you just heard on the news. It may have heard this over the last twenty four hours or so since the story broke again, was in this country illegally, and of the anti Semitic attacks that have occurred in America on US soil. They're up eight hundred and ninety three percent over the last ten years. Many of them have been committed by people who are in this country illegally, by people who are not American citizens. And there's plenty of American citizens that are knuckleheads. Believe me, I know. We certainly didn't need to recruit millions more as we did for four years under the Biden administration. How many criminal attacks by illegal immigrants really go on in this country. We're led to believe that it's a very very small percentage of immigrants or migrants or whatever, the illegals that commit crime. How about somebody who actually does the number crunching, who knows the facts, who has the data, although sometimes the data can be very evasive, as we will discuss. He is the president of the Crime Prevention Research Center. His name is John Lott, and he is our guest right now. John Lott, it's great to welcome you back to the show. Gary Jeffen for Scott Sloan and the floor is yours, my friend. How are you good?
Speaker 4: Doing great? Thanks for having me on again. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Oh always love to have you on because you've got good information, and there's very little of that that's being disseminated in the mainstream legacy media. Because we're told over and over again by all the usual subspects and the alphabet networks and the like that illegal immigrants really commit very very small amounts of crime in this country. And the question is, when so much goes under reported, how do they know that?
Speaker 4: Right? Right?
Speaker 7: Right, Well, there's real problems with the data as it's recorded by the federal government. But you know, the bottom line is that a lot of people when they talk about migrant crime, what they're doing is they're mixing together two very different groups of people. They're putting together legal migrants who actually do commit crime at relatively will rates compared to the rest of the US population, and illegals who commit crime at very high rates compared to the rest of the population. You know, there's even data put out last year by the Biden administration.
Speaker 4: They wre a couple months before the election.
Speaker 7: They noted that there was about seven point four millions so called non detained individuals illegals that had come into their end of the country, almost all who had voluntarily turned themselves.
Speaker 4: In at the border.
Speaker 7: Who had been released into the country, and the Biden administration acknowledged.
Speaker 4: That about six hundred and sixty.
Speaker 7: Two thousand of them, or nine percent, had criminal records. Now, there's good reason to believe that the government missed a lot of the criminal records. I mean, for one, many home countries would not cooperate in providing on whether they had it. But even more importantly, it only really has data on people who voluntarily turned themselves in at the b and those are probably the ones you should be least concerned about, even though a large number of those nine percent is a big number there for having criminal records that we know. So we know that during the Biden administration, there's about there was over two million still called guideways individuals that we saw coming across the border but we didn't catch, and then there's millions more that we never even saw coming across the border. We had over seventy five percent of the border agents who normally would be guarding the border have been pulled off of that job and had instead been used to process the illegals that were coming through.
Speaker 4: And then on top of.
Speaker 7: That, the passive monitoring equipment that we had along the border, the Biden administration acknowledged a couple months before the election last year that thirty percent of it was broken and that they had never fixed it. So you had large portions of the order where you had people who wanted not to be seen coming across, and those are probably very likely to be criminals. That we have no idea how many more millions we're coming into the country. That nine for many reasons, is an underestimate of the problem.
Speaker 1: But well, here, John, do you does does nine percent of the natural born American population commit crime?
Speaker 4: No, it's it's less than that.
Speaker 7: I mean, it depends on what group that you have, but it's going to be about two thirds of that.
Speaker 1: So to even say that only nine percent of immigrants, and they're just as you said, confusing the issue between legal immigrants.
Speaker 4: And these these are illegal immigrants.
Speaker 1: Okay, but but again, a lot of the crime that is committed by illegal immigrants goes unreported because the crime is perpetrated against other illegal immigrants, and they're afraid to report this crime because they don't want to be subject of an ice rate or subject to deportion.
Speaker 7: Correct, right, Well, I mean people tend, criminals tend to commit crimes against individuals who are similar to them in socio economic status and everything else. They tend to live in groups. Illegals tend to live in relatively concentrated areas.
Speaker 4: And so you have, you know, just.
Speaker 7: Like Hispanics generally commit crime against other, Hispanics or blacks commit crimes against other.
Speaker 1: We heard, we hear, we hear the term, we hear the term black on black violence so often. And it's right, it's true because.
Speaker 7: Murders of blacks or by other blacks, for example, and you have similar percentages for Hispanics and what have you. But so, but there are many reasons to think that we don't have even saying that that there's not good data on the crime that they commit. In the United States, I'll give you one example. If you look at the KNXT background check system. These are the background check systems that you have to go through to purchase a gun. Only American citizens and those who are legal residents who are legal immigrants in the United States are legally allowed to go and buy guns. And yet it's very easy to find many news stories where the where you had illegals in one case recently in Ohio, and illegal had bought something like one hundred and forty guns and had never come up in the next background check system. Is being prohibited person because he was in the country illegally. You know, the Biden administration, when they release people into the country, they're supposed to take their DNA and they didn't do that at all really in the vast majority of cases. And in many cases the Biden administration, you know, they could put down anything for a name or whatever, and the buy An administration would just accept that that was their real name, no way of identifying them in any way, and it makes it very difficult for ice to go and apprehend these individuals in the United States and to make sure that they're having the right person. It really slows down the process a lot. But look, there's many other pieces of data that we have on this. Unfortunately, police or states have not been collecting data on prisoners shares that are illegals. Arizona has some data on this. Maricopa County District Attorney, for example, found that something like about twenty four percent of the violent felons who were convicted in the county that's for Phoenix were illegals. That's well more than twice their share of the state population. There was data done for the County Prosecutors Association in Arizona on the state prison population, and illegals were about one hundred and forty two percent more likely to be overrepresented in the state prison population than their share of the population there. Legal immigrants were relatively had a relatively low share, But you can look at things like they were forty percent more likely eagles, forty percent more likely to be members of gangs. They were much more likely to be convicted of murders, of rapes, of sexual assaults, of drug trafficking, or some other types of crimes like human trafficking.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, here's the thing, isn't it a psychological kind of a dumb moment when you think about human nature? When the first thing you do entering this country is to illegally avoid detection or to break the law. By entering illegally, you're already a criminal. So if you're flouting the law with your first foot stepping inside the country, aren't you more prone to break other laws once you're here? I mean, it just kind of makes sense.
Speaker 7: To me, right Well, I mean, I think there's something to that, and particularly for those who are trying to sneak into the country. Yeah, you know, they have a reason for trying to avoid being caught by the border patrol. They're the ones who look during the Buid administration, if you came across the border and you turn yourself into the border patrol, they give you a credit card which already had like twenty five hundred dollars on it. They provide you with food and housing, they'd fly you around to whatever part of the country you wanted to go to. They'd give you work permits, and a social security number. The Buide administration apparently gave.
Speaker 4: Something like four and a half.
Speaker 7: Million individuals so security numbers, which great problems for things like vote fraud and other issues that are there.
Speaker 4: So there are.
Speaker 7: All sorts of benefits for turning yourself in and not trying to avoid being caught, you know. And yet even with those you're talking about like nine percent, and for the reasons we mentioned, even that number is a big underestimate. Whereas the ones who avoided it, you know, it's probably a very high rate of those who had criminal backgrounds. I mean, you found during those so called non detained individuals, about fifteen thousand of them over fifteen thousand had been either convicted of murder most of them had been convicted of murder in their home countries or at least charged with murder but had fled the country before they could be caught and punished. So you know, he had a serious crime that was occurring for even the ones that we know about.
Speaker 4: And one also has to know that a.
Speaker 7: Lot of these countries, like in South America and Latin America, you know, Central America, the murder rates in those countries has just been astronomical. I mean, you have countries where the official murder rates in Venezuela has been like sixty per hundred thousand. Others estimate that it's over one hundred per hundred thousand. You have parts of Mexico where the murder rates in some states are over one hundred per one hundred thousand.
Speaker 4: You have.
Speaker 7: El Salvadora, up until the last six or seven years, has had one of the highest murder rates in the world, you know.
Speaker 4: So what happens is is that.
Speaker 7: The rate that people are arrested and prosecuted and get a criminal record in many these countries is incredibly small.
Speaker 4: So you know, even when the.
Speaker 7: Country and of course countries like Venezuela wouldn't cooperate or Cuba wouldn't cooperate with the government in terms of trying to check the criminal records for these people. Plus you're relying on the Bien administration to have accurately recorded these things. And there's reasons to believe that even for the countries that would cooperate, they just didn't even check to see whether many of those so called non detained individuals had criminal records.
Speaker 4: We all in their home countries.
Speaker 1: We all want to believe in a second chance, and we want to believe in rehabilitations. John Lott. But at the Crime Prevention Research Center, what are the numbers on recidivism of violent crime? It's the same people over and over again, basically, isn't it. I mean, these illegals who are committing crime are you know, they have rap sheets bigger than then their bodies, and they just keep committing the crimes over and over again. So the recidivism rate's pretty high too, isn't it.
Speaker 7: If you look at violent crime, the five year recidivism rate's going to be about seventy percent or so. Yeah, you know, one of the things you have to realize is that a lot of people who commit crimes are never caught. You look at the arrest rate in cities over a million, for example, for violent crimes in twenty twenty two, it was only twenty percent, Only one in five violent crimes in the cities over a million, They're nine of those cities resulted in arrest, let alone conviction. So and you look at some types of crimes like rape, it's even much lower. You look at people who are involved in gang activity, their rest rates tend to be even lower than it is for the average. It's more difficult to catch and convict gang members, and it is others that commit violent crime.
Speaker 1: This is very eye opening, John. I'm sorry we got to go a time is limited. You are with the Crime Prevention Research Center, and you always have such great information because that's all you do. You compile the actual stats and shine a light on things that are hidden from most of us most of the time by legacy media and by the official government. But I'm glad you're there doing the work you're doing. And the next time anybody hears that illegal immigrants in this country commit less crime than American citizens, think twice.
Speaker 7: Not so fast, right, people can find more and the sources for the data on our website at crime research dot org.
Speaker 4: Crimeresearch dot org.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you so much, John, appreciate your time. Coming up next, Todd Sheets, and then Dave Hatter will close things out. Gary Jeff In for Sloane today on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Do you want to be an American?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 1: Howdy, Hey, hell let's go Gary Jeff Walker and for Scott Sloan on this Monday morning. Another hour left before you to our next guest, Todd Sheets, standing by to talk about the big beautiful bill which is going to the Senate this week. If you live in the Newport area or you go down Carruthers Road, have you noticed the traffic jam that is now almost constantly in front of the shopping center where the Aldies is and Spectrum is and anyway the Burlington places. There's this coffee shop that opened up a couple of weeks ago, and there's always this insane line waiting to get into the drive through. It blocks off portions of Carrothers Road coming up from from like the Fort Thomas area into Newport and around the corner there on twenty seven And I just want to know what's in that coffee that would make people go nuts to wait in line in a traffic jam for twenty minutes for a cup of friggin coffee. What's so special? Are they giving it away? I know they're not. It's specialty brew seven brew, I believe it's called. It's becoming a real issue if you want to go anywhere else and do anything else besides get coffee. Can somebody tell me the secret of why sometimes I rolled past it and roll my window down and yell at the people in line, it's just coffee, for crying out loud. I don't get it anyway. That was just an aside. Now the real meat of the matter, to talk about the big beautiful bill, what it means to you and me, what it may mean if it doesn't get passed by July fourth. The GOP is firmly and the Trump administration firmly saying yeah, we got to get this passed by this summer, because you know, if they don't, they'll never have another opportunity to keep your taxes low, to tackle things like no tax on tips, no tax, extra tax on Social Security or overtime. And to talk about that, a man who's the author of two thousand and eight. What happened? And our guest right now, Todd shoots is Todd Sheets. How are you, sir, Todd Sheets.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great, Jerry, I'm doing great. Thanks for having me today, fantastic.
Speaker 1: Rand Paul has come out Senator from my stay Kentucky and says three other Senators are not going to vote for this current big, beautiful bill, which could effectively kill it in the Senator. If that remains the case after negotiation and and and do you think that they can make moderations and make enough cuts to make these fiscal hawks happy and get the thing over the finish line by July fourth? What's your level of confidence, Todd?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think that that's this is going to end up getting done. I think there's still enough, you know, political support within for the Trump administration and for Trump in general within the Republican Party. He's in a much different place than he was, excuse me, under.
Speaker 2: His first term.
Speaker 11: So I do expect that when push comes to shove, you know, it may not all be pretty along the way, but that they will get this past.
Speaker 1: Well the CBO, and you know, their numbers have been questioned before, and they haven't always been right before, but looking at the bill in its current form that came out of the House and got passed by one vote, raises the debt by another three point nine trillion dollars. That's why my Congressman Thomas Massey would not vote for it, and others had issues in the in the Conservative fiscal Caucus have issues with this. Is that at a time when we have this concentration on cutting cost, cutting waste fraud and abuse in Washington with Doge and the work that's you know, supposedly done or been done so far anyway, with Doge, in cutting this almost thirty seven trillion dollar debt that our country is you know, carrying around that got our credit rating lowered by Moody's just a month ago. I mean, isn't the idea? And I know President Trump ran on making the tax cuts permanent, but he also ran on leaner and meaner government and cutting waste, fraud and abuse, and there's still way too much of it in our federal government and in this bill, isn't there.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do agree with that.
Speaker 11: I think that I think this is will end up getting passed as we talked about, but I think they should have made a stronger effort to get the spending side of the equation moving back down to where it's got to get to in order for us to become a fiscally healthy country again. And you know, there's some proposals out there about our discussion about the idea of moving to a pre COVID baseline, which I think would have been a good idea, you know, that would basically spending right now is roughly at twenty three and a half percent of GDP before COVID, for the first three years of Trump one point zero, and the last four years of Obama it averaged about twenty point five percent.
Speaker 2: So if we could just.
Speaker 11: Go back to that idea, you know, with just rolling things back a little bit, that would cut the deficit in half. And it's still would take a lot of work to get it, you know, back to where it needs to be, where we're balanced, but I think that'd be a good initial step. And then the other key is kicking off the growth in GDP, which can help, you know, bring the budget deficits back into alignment also because then you start collecting enough more revenue that if you're then being disciplined about the expense side of the equation. It can all come together over time. But I am disappointed that there hasn't been a more concerted effort in the House to get the spending under control and to send a message to the country that this isn't just an other round of government and Congress and spending as usual. And I think that's what these senators are looking for, and hopefully they'll be able to make some progress in that direction.
Speaker 1: There have been predictions recently that our GDP is actually gonna be pretty healthy the second half of the year. I heard an estimate of more than three percent growth. Where was all this talk of recession? What was that all about? It was it just political rock throwing and people trying to make it happen basically because they opposed Donald Trump and this particular GOP leadership. I mean, we're not anywhere nearer recession. I mean, the only thing that I keep hearing from the financial gurus they said that weather forecasters were invented to make financial forecasters look better. But the bond market is what I keep hearing is really what to watch? Your thoughts on that?
Speaker 11: Yeah, Well, I mean I think where all of that came from. It mostly became something that you started to hear a lot about when the Liberation Day tariffs were announced, and then the stock market went down, and so to me, that was first and foremost a reaction.
Speaker 2: To what happened in the stock market.
Speaker 11: And then when the stock market came back up after they reached the preliminary agreement with China, which might be you know, on you know, a little bit more skittish right now than everybody thought for a while. But in any event, once that was reached, they got to deal with the UK, it started to seemed like there was some momentum that this was not going to be as difficult an adjustment period as it looked like it could be for a while. That's when all of the recession taught got started.
Speaker 2: And that's what I think.
Speaker 11: It's primarily a function of I would go back to exactly.
Speaker 2: The point that you just made, and I've said this.
Speaker 11: You know, I write these pieces for Substacks, the newsletter I have there, which by the way, is free, but it's nobody is very good at forecasting key economic turning points. And the point I've made is, you know, the Federal Reserve always talks about we're sitting around we have these forecasts.
Speaker 4: It could be recession, or it could be inflationary.
Speaker 11: They're no better than anybody else, and so I just don't put a lot of stock in those kinds of things. And as you said, there are reasons to be optimistic moving forward here.
Speaker 2: I think time will tell.
Speaker 11: There don't appear to be any signs that we are headed into a deep recession or even a recession right now. And I think a lot of the screaming and yelling that we heard was just taking the stock market drop and using it as ammunition to attack the administration for tariff policies that people either didn't like because they're kind of in the old guard Republican school that doesn't like those things, or they're just anti Trump and anti Trump administration.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a big difference between fair trade and free trade, right Todd. I mean people say, oh, I'm a free trade guy, but I mean America has been The President has been correct when he's pointed out that America has been getting ripped off for years on these tariffs with Europe and China and everywhere else.
Speaker 11: Right, I couldn't agree with you more. And I've written this in several pieces. It's like and this is honestly true. I mean, you hear somebody will say I'm this and sometimes they're not. But look, I am completely a free trade person. But if you take these people from the conservative side who say are anti this tariff agenda, and they say it's because of free trade, well ask them, how can you POSSI believe consider China's approach to trade with US to be a free trade arrangement. I mean it's absurd. Or to look at what's happened with autos in Europe for example, where they're tariffs on US cars going into Europe are four times as high as the US tariffs on European cars coming in this direction. That's not free trade. That's the status quo. So if you're saying I'm anti this agenda because you know and you want to give, then what your real reason. What you're saying is you're you're anti changing the status quo.
Speaker 7: You're not.
Speaker 11: It's that you're standing up for free trade. You're standing up for the status quo. And the status quo is unbalanced and it's unfair and it needs to be leveled out.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I have a two perspectives on this. One is I think we should be using.
Speaker 11: Our trade policies to try and isolate the hostile regimes out there, of which China is the most dangerous. And so I think we're doing the right thing and escalating tariffs against China because I think we should be decoupling and isolating them in the same way we isolated the Soviet Union that led to the victory in the Cold War. Then with respect to our allies, what we should be doing is using the tariff negotiations to try and create a free and balance trading environment, which is, bring them down to zero would be the ideal thing to do. But if they won't, then we impose ones on them that are comparable to what you know their various policies are doing to us. But yes, I agree completely with what you're saying about three.
Speaker 2: Fair trade.
Speaker 11: I mean free trade means there's little to no barriers coming from either side, so that whoever is has what you know the economists call a comparative advantage and can do something more efficiently. They're the ones that are the producers, and then both sides benefit from that kind of trade.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like I always say, I see the coexist bumper stickers on people's cars and going. It's kind of hard to coexist with people that want to kill you, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: I know the same thing.
Speaker 7: That's a great analogy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you wrote the book two thousand and eight. What really happened? What really happened in two thousand and eight, Todd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, we still don't understand that.
Speaker 11: What really happened was we had a housing bubble that led to a financial crisis. Without the bubble, there would not have been a financial crisis. What created the housing bubble? The housing bubble was created by two things. First, starting in nineteen ninety eight, which is the year when housing prices lifted up and started accelerating much more quickly than they had historically. Fanny May and Freddie Mack the two government sponsored enterprises that by that time controlled not quite fifty percent of the housing finance in the country. But in the mid forties they engaged in a massive expansion of their mission to push money out into the system, and that triggered the first phase of the bubble. And then, in the early two thousand, with housing prices escalating well above the long term historic averages, the Federal Reserve made a disastrous mistake of lowering short term interest rates as a reaction to the blow up of the tech stock dot com bubble. They were afraid that that was going to hurt the economy. They pushed interest rates down, and what they didn't realize they were doing was they were creating an incredible incentive for people to buy homes with short term, variable rate mortgages, and that funded or fed the second wave of the bubble, which I call the acceleration phase in the book, that ran through about two thousands, when the Fed finally started normalizing interest rates and all of a sudden, the rates of housing appreciation started dropping. And then the next year we entered into the collapse that led to the financial crisis. So, in a nutshell, that's what caused it all.
Speaker 1: But it was all initiated by the government at the start because there was this bush on the banks for them to offer home loans to people who obviously weren't prepared to pay for those homes.
Speaker 11: Right yes, primarily through Fannie May and Freddie Mack, and so it kind of came from both. So these were these these two huge government sponsored enterprises. They're private companies, but they had various privileges that allowed them to borrow more cheaply than everybody else, and they decided they wanted to start growing much more quickly.
Speaker 2: They doubled their growth rate, and Congress.
Speaker 11: And their overseers in Washington agreed, extending all the way up to the Clinton administration and then the book Bush administration.
Speaker 2: They all thought that this.
Speaker 11: Was going to be a great way to get more people to own a home, and that homes always go up in value, so this will help lift people up from low income or lower levels of assets up to a better place. And it all ended up disastrously and hurt the people the most. The people that were hurt the most were the people who it all was supposed to help.
Speaker 1: Amazing how that works. What do you think about? What what do you think about what President Trump wants to do right now with Fannie may and Freddie may Well.
Speaker 11: He wants to privatize them, which is to get the government right now, they're in a conservativeship because they failed as a result of the collapse of the housing bubble, and so the government kind of stepped it in to take over them. He wants to push them out and privatize them, which.
Speaker 2: I think is a good idea.
Speaker 11: I would like to see them go even further and either completely dismantle and liquidate them, or break them up into much smaller pieces and take away all of the government privileges that gave them the opportunity to create the problems they did the last time.
Speaker 4: Todd.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're going to go that far. Todd Sheets, thank you so much for joining us. I appreciate your time today.
Speaker 4: Pleasure to be with you. Gary.
Speaker 1: You've been hearing about the latest data breach of your passwords Google, Apple at all. Dave had her to talk about that and more after the news next on seven hundred WLW all right round in the turn, It's a twelve noon and Willie Gary Jeff Walker and for Scott's loan. It's been all over the news the data breach of Apple and Google and all the other people that are entrusted with having your passwords and your user names and the like. It's time to I just changed my password today. And I think that our next guest would say, good boy, Gary Jeff, Good morning, Dave Hatter, how are you doing.
Speaker 6: I'm doing good, Gary Jeff. And just while I was waiting for you on the phone, I got the old tech telling me that my Apple Pay has been changed and I've been charged twelve hundred and thirty dollars and I better call him right now to take care. So I'm as soon as I hang up with you, I'm gonna call and get them all my personal information to make sure so my Apple Pay is squared away, which I don't even have, by the way, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get those notes, I get those emails from and text sometimes from PayPal and any number of other pay online sources that I don't have accounts with either. So yeah, just keeping up with you know what I really wanted to talk to you about this morning, outside of the data breach, and we can get to that. We kind of talked about this a little bit on this Saturday Morning show. But well, let's go and tackle that now and then I'll get to my pet topic in a moment. First off, tell me about the data bridge. Was one hundred and eighty four million records of passwords?
Speaker 4: Or am I?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: What happened? That's right?
Speaker 6: Well, so here's what all the speculation is from the reporting I've seen so far. You know, because the data that was in that breach included people's accounts from a variety of different services. It wasn't just Google or Microsoft or Apple or Amazon. It was, you know, accounts from pretty much across the spectrum. One hundred and eighty four million records. As you mentioned, it was found basically by a researcher. Thankfully, Gary Jeff. There are people out there who are constantly researching, trying to find these kind of things, trying to find vulnerabilities and software so that we can all be better protected and safer. This guy stumbled into what was essentially a database full of these one hundred and eighty four billion records on a website. He reached out to this website kind of take it down. So at this point I haven't seen any reporting that indicates.
Speaker 3: How long it was out there. I don't think they know.
Speaker 6: But it appears that the data in this data breach was probably collected using some kind of infos dealers splash, keystroke Blogger, which would be software you would uh surreptitiously download to your device, you know, whether it's at text like the one I just mentioned, or an email message, some sort of fishing You click a link, it downloads this software that runs silently in the background and captures all of your key strips. So when you go to log into your bank or your insurance company, or Facebook or whatever, they're capturing that information and it's getting sent off to some command and control, some server somewhere for some of the various purpose. And again the speculation at this point is because you have accounts from a wide spectrum of different Hello, yeah, I'm still here, Gary, Joe, you got me? Yeah about that, And so that's that's the theory about how this happened. Uh, it's bad because it is accounts from a bunch of different platforms. It looks like in many cases there are plain text passwords. Plain text is fancy nerds speak for it's human readable. You know, normally, if you're using like a password manager, the password itself is hashed and or encrypted. In this case with a key store clogger, it's capturing stuff as you're typing it in real time before there would be any sort of encryption added tode it. No, it's really bad because you know, if someone can break in and steal your password vault out of a password manager, assuming it's appropriately encrypted, they still have to break all that encryption.
Speaker 8: So it's bad.
Speaker 6: But that's a lot of extra work. It's a lot more difficult versus here's a file of one hundred and eighty four million records, and it's got plain text passwords that anyone can just start using. So you know, if all of this bears out, and a lot of times when this news breaks over time, you'll see the story will change pretty practically. But if this bears out, it's pretty bad. And I would recommend everyone do what you just did, which is change your passwords. Make sure you have a strong, unique password for each account. Consider a password manager like one Password. That's what I use personally, that's what we use it in trust. And this is the best evidence ever for why you have to turn on multi factor authentication.
Speaker 1: Good just going to get to that at least two factor multi factor authentication of everything. All right, let me let me get to my let's get to the entree what I wanted to talk about. So I report over the weekend someone predicting that in just five short years of white collar jobs are going to be gone obsolete because of artificial intelligence. This is moving quickly. It's it's kind of scary for a lot of people. Some people in the cyber world will say, well, it's going to create all kinds of new opportunities for people in jobs. It's not going to eliminate the human workforce. And other people are saying, wow, if you don't have another plan, you could be the up the creek, you know which creek without what paddle and MIT is saying why the humanoid workforce is running late? We are running way behind as humans when it comes to AI replacing a lot of jobs. This has been talked about for a long time, and now the day is here, is it not?
Speaker 6: You know, Gary, Jeff, I'm not so sure. I think a lot of what you see is snake oil salesman trying to convince you to invest money and to buy these things because supposedly you're going to have these main these giant productivity boosts. And I'm not saying the day is never coming. I don't think we're here yet. In fact, you know, there have been some high profile cases where companies have gotten rid of people and then decided they had to bring him back because the AI couldn't do what it was purported to do. And as a guy who spent twenty five plus years in this business as a software engineer and seeing hype cycle after hip cycle after hype cycle around software. You know, AI still has a lot of problems that hallucinate to just make stuff up. Can you trust your business to a process that ten plus percent of the time or more? Will this literally make something up? Well, I'm saying no, especially if it's anything like patient care. And then that MIT article you mentioned, I encourage everyone to go out and see this, because again I I'm not saying this will never happen. I don't think it's as close as some of the hucksters out there have are predicting. It is a good idea, though, to learn how to use generative AI tools because they can give you a lot of productivity boost if you understand what they're good at and what they're not good at. But that MIT article about humanoids, you know, they're they're basically pointing out, well, why don't we already have robots that can just do all this stuff? Because you know, the part of the concern around all of this has been not only white collar jobs for the way, but eventually blue collar jobs for the way, because you know, a robot's going to come fix your h back or your car engine or whatever. And the point they make in this mit article Ken variance I think is that to build robots that can do these sort of things, and many people have probably seen like the Atlas videos and the Tesla Optimist robot videos. You know, these things are all still While they've come a long way and can do some amazing things, you can't just send them out and let them do things. And one of the people they talk about in this article is like, you know, she talks to the robot and says, water this plant, so it waters the plant, and then she says water her friend. Well, the thing doesn't understand that people don't need to be watered. You know, they don't have common sense.
Speaker 4: Per se.
Speaker 6: And to build a robot that can be sort of generally purposed to any tank, it takes a lot of batteries, it takes a lot of motors. It's not that easy to do. And that's why, you know, you haven't suddenly seen a world full of robots.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: A lot of very smart people like Elon Musk are predicting, you know, in the next four to five years you're going to have humanoid robots doing all this stuff. You know, he's a lot smarter than me, He's a lot closer to it than me, But I'll believe it when I see it.
Speaker 1: Well, of all the things of the Jetsons that we all thought we might have by now, I really still want a flying car. Although I can't imagine the traffic reports and the number of casualties if we had flying cars, because it's bad enough. It's bad enough on the roads as it is. Can you imagine all those things.
Speaker 6: In the air only if it makes that sound that Jetson's flying.
Speaker 7: I need one that makes that sounds, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a great sound, you know, in the b it pops out of your briefcase and you fly off. But that would be pretty awesome. But yeah, I won't be riding in any autonomous, fully autonomous anything's in the near future.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 6: Tessa claims to have a lot of breakthroughs there with their fully self driving vehicles. I've seen videos of it, I've seen people talk about it. I just as a guy who spent a lot of time riding software and creating a lot of bugs that none of which were intentional, I just don't trust it yet.
Speaker 1: Jess Well, you mentioned AI having problems with hallucinating, and I've been in radio for forty five five years now, and I've worked with a bunch of very successful people who I swear we're hallucinating most of the time. So I'm more concerned about this job than a lot of other jobs. LG TV will soon be leveraging an AI model built for showing ads that more closely align with viewers' personal beliefs and emotions. So the TV itself is gauging your emotion to show you the ads they think you should see. How does that work?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: To me, this is right out of nineteen eighty four. George Orwell has got to be rolling over in his grave. So I think the first thing this points out is ay, all of these companies, including any smart anything fill in the blank, refrigerator, TV, whatever, they care about your data. Right, That's why they exist. It's not to say their flimsy, crappy product, it's they want your data so they can do these kinds of things. And then the second piece this should tell you is, well, how could your TV know what sort of emotional reaction you're having unless it is watching you?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 6: So again, Garrett, Jeff, you and I over the years have discussed how much ID to load the Internet of things, which is really just a privacy and security dumpster fire. And to me, this is like a five alarm dumpster fire of why this stuff is garbage? You know, now, they don't just want to know what you watched, how long you watched it, what you clicked on. They literally want to watch you watching the TV and determine if you're having some sort of emotional reaction to whatever's on TV and then change up what they're sending even terms of ad content. I mean, on one hand, I think, well, that's really brilliant, and I ask why they would want to do that. On the other hand, this is like the most dystopian orwellian thing you could possibly imagine. And I think and less and until consumers finally say enough is enough of this? You know, indicative that you know your coffee maker will be deciding what is your reaction to the cause, and you know, sending you some sort of ridiculous ad or perhaps reporting you to the bund police because you know you have wrong, wrong think as a result of your coffee that day or whatever. Well, you know, I can tell you.
Speaker 1: If in this situation, if you say something on the radio, you approach a subject, we offer you to voluntarily call in. But this would be like I've got something watching you while you listen to me, and then I respond accordingly to what you are thinking or whatever. This is crazy. I don't want what I'm watching watching me, Dave and me, and these things aren't Some of these devices aren't giving you the option to opt out, are they?
Speaker 6: Well, that's that's where I This is again why I despise this stuff.
Speaker 8: Besides the fact those.
Speaker 6: People don't know how to configure it securely, despite the fact that most people don't understand in their relatively short order, the companies that make this stuff will stop supplying software updates for it to keep secure. So within a couple of years typically these becomes a significant hole in your network. It's exactly what you describe, right. You have all these dark patterns. You have these you know, almost insurmountable, completely unintelligible uh terms of service and privacy policies that are full of all kinds of legal mumbo jumbo to quote Scott Adams, that confuse opoly. You know, they opt you into this stuff. You have to opt out. You have to figure out how to opt out. It's usually buried deep down inside thirty five menu options, where each one along the way is telling you, well, no, don't turn this off because then this bad thing will happen, right, dark patterns, that's what it's called in the business because they want that data. And you know, at least in nineteen eighty four the telescreen was mandated by the government. Here people are voluntarily bringing this stuff into their house and allowing it to spy on them in their most sensitive moments. You may have seen, you know, Apple, just the we settle for ninety five million because despite years of denials, you know, that went to court and Siri has been listening to you. Well, it has to listen to you, Garrett, Jeff. How can it respond if it's not listening to you? But you know, then the issue becomes what do they do with that? Who has access to it? Does it activate only when it should activate? And to me, the idea that I'm going to have a TV watching me to determine how I'm reacting to stuff that I can tell you I'll listen every TV away. I won't have TVs anymore. If I can't get a TV it does not have this four WELLI and crap built into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean and that's not as you say, tinfoil hat thinking, that's just right, thinking, Dave, along with all along with all these other zombie devices. And we don't really have time to get into the zombie device, but we kind of did, yes, the other the other so called smart devices that you have laying around your house, because they're the cutting a sharper image kind of thing that you've just got to have the latesting. But just real quickly in a minute, what's a zombie device?
Speaker 6: Well, they're what they're using the term zombie There is essentially older Internet of Things devices that no longer get updates from the manufacturer, so they become a security liability because bad guys are constantly researching these things, they find a vulnerability, they use a search engine like show dam specifically designed to find these things online, and then okay, I'm going to go out and look for this particular webcamera that has this particular flaw. Oh I found it, and Gary Jeff's out. Now I'll try to exploit it for you know, whatever I can get out of that. And in most cases why these are so risky is because if I can get into your webcamera or your coffee maker, your dryer, whatever it is. Yeah, that's a potential portal to the other devices on your network, your computer, your work environment.
Speaker 1: So when they say, Dave, I got to stop right here. But you're not just having sex with this person, You're having sex with every person that person ever had sex with. And I think that's a good place to stop. Thank you so much, Thank you so much. Willie up next, Gary Jeffen for Sloane. Thanks for tuning in. Seven hundred WLW