Speaker 1: Ripped off, news, need advice.
Speaker 2: Who you don't help, you'll come running, suspasses the can show.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man, this is the Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martine, welcome, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: As you know, it's the only show of it's kind.
Speaker 5: We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. Our goal in life is to make your life just a little bit better. If you've been ripped off or taken advantage of, maybe you got a bad landlord that's given you the business, maybe a contractor that took money and ran or won't finish the job. And of course today is Friday, so it's car Day and we have got a lot of great guests in today from Colorado Springs. We have Jesse Schillinger with honest Act You're ri and these guys have been on a referral list. How long have you guys been with us now, man, I mean it's been a long time. Ten I'd say pretty close to ten. Hit her, make sure you got your mic on. And then of course Kevin Caulkin shareed an auto tech.
Speaker 4: What's going on, Kevin? How I'm doing great?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 5: And then Jeff, I'm here. There you are, there's Tom Martine.
Speaker 4: Hello Tom, let me put up the right picture here of all you mind. Nice of you to join the show today. You know, I was okay, I was gonna say I didn't touch anything, Yes, but I did. I touched myself and I was too late anyway. So here Actually I'm not going to touch that one. Anyway, I did touch a button. It's a long story I'm not going to get into right now. Three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So there you are, one in all. And if you could just put a curtain over Jesse, that would be good. Then we'd have a perfect picture right there. And anyway, we're here to help you solve problems, answer questions. Take So what do we got going on? You were talking to them? Uh, just the introduction.
Speaker 5: That was that man, I forgot about a just pick camera transmission and that's about it. I didn't even get to ask questions yet. I'll tell you this one.
Speaker 4: We ask some questions on the what we we always ask for car Dad because people want to know.
Speaker 5: Well, I went right to the business aspect. I talked to all of them, and man, they're booming.
Speaker 4: They are.
Speaker 5: The car business is kicking ass. Now why Yeah, why guys? That is a great question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why why is it kicking ass?
Speaker 7: A lot of people are keeping cars longer than they used to, so a lot of these older vehicles that you know, three or four years ago probably would have hit the bricks, you know, they take them out of the crusher.
Speaker 4: They're fixing them, so they're putting money into it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the cost of replacing that vehicle, if so far, exceeds the cost of repair.
Speaker 4: And interest rates are crazy, so.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're more motivated to fix what they've already got.
Speaker 5: Are you seeing literally year over year more transmission rebuilds this year?
Speaker 4: Jeff?
Speaker 7: Definitely. We're kind of what to use another term, you know, shoulder season right now, because we're not real hot, not real cold, you know, those big swings and temperatures tend to kill transmissions a lot more often. So we're seeing a few of the overhauls momentarily, but that's going to ramp back up as soon as a temperature change.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's crazy. I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 5: So almost like an HVAC company, that hot and cold swings really ignite your business.
Speaker 4: Were you you're more solid, right, meaning all year?
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have a question on a twenty eighteen Ford Edge, Christy. What's going on, Christy?
Speaker 9: Well, basically, I hit a deer. I was by a deer last year, so I had to buy a new car. Sorry, and I went, you know, I researched everything, and I bought a twenty eighteen Ford Edge with about seventy thousand miles on it. I got the extended warranty to cover my butt.
Speaker 4: How many miles did I have on it?
Speaker 9: About seventy I think when I got it.
Speaker 4: Okay, and you bought an extend you know, used car extended warranties are very bad. But what did you buy? What kind?
Speaker 10: Continental?
Speaker 11: Absolutely?
Speaker 12: Now it was the one that they offered.
Speaker 4: I really didn't How much did you pay for it?
Speaker 9: I think it was between two and three thousand dollars?
Speaker 4: And I guess the assumption is there not covering something?
Speaker 12: Well, Monstery short, there is a TSB on certain board cars of different times, so there's a defect that allows two mechanicitrees to get into the motors.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they won't.
Speaker 9: Cover that, No, because it's not all of them and it's not a safety issue.
Speaker 4: Well, no, held on it. They won't cover it because it's a manufacturer a recall.
Speaker 9: So the the warranty accepted the claim, but they're not covering They're not covering bolts, nuts, screws, gaskets. They're only paying one hundred and twenty five an hour for labor.
Speaker 4: So you're lucky you're getting anything on that because it's a pre existing condition. You really are. You're lucky you're getting anything on that.
Speaker 9: I feel like it should be Ford's problem, But.
Speaker 4: Well, why isn't hold on When was this recall or when was this service bulletin published? Yeah, it's not a recall, it's just a public I understand. When was it.
Speaker 12: Published years ago?
Speaker 9: I think, well it was it twenty eighteen.
Speaker 4: That was kind of on you to check to see that they were done.
Speaker 13: Yeah, seeh I never even and it was well, had you brought that car over to Kevin for a pre buy inspection for one hundred and twenty bucks that shared in Auto tech Jesse, do you guys do those that honest accurate auto in the springs?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 11: What do you.
Speaker 4: Charge one hundred and fifteen? Okay, around the same price there one hundred and fifteen or did you say one fifty, yeah, one fifteen, one fifteen, one twenty. Listen what I'm saying, Christy. They would check all of that, So it's hard when you buy it after the fact and have it checked. Even within a lot of people don't have a car check because they bought the extended warranty, which is not That doesn't save you. So bottom line is this, how much out of pocket are you going to have? Got?
Speaker 14: That sounds my detectibles one hundreds.
Speaker 7: The TSB requires replacement of lung block.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wait a minute, we're talking about the whole engine. That is correct. Wait a minute, that TSB. They did the dealer mention this at all to you?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 9: I found out on my own.
Speaker 4: Guys, does the dealer have any obligation? I don't think they do with a car as is, But I bet you they knew about this service bulletin.
Speaker 10: Oh they did.
Speaker 9: When I walked in and asked about it, he said, yeah, we know about that, but it's very common issue.
Speaker 5: I think almost every used car you would buy would have at least one TSB out on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but mark not a TSB to replace the engine? Yeah, but was her? Was your vin actually affected?
Speaker 16: So it wasn't by Vin.
Speaker 9: It was just you know, random ones. I don't even think they know which actual car we're defective until.
Speaker 4: I don't think it was even random. I think it's just I think it is VIN numbers, isn't it?
Speaker 17: Or is it?
Speaker 4: It's a manufacturer defect in the motor. Wait, it's a manufacturer defect for the entire motor.
Speaker 17: Yeah, but they're not. They're not taking caress.
Speaker 4: But but did the did Ford pay for any of the long blocks? No? Wait a minute, comes.
Speaker 17: This was released like three years after it happened. It's had a warrant if them, we're already out of warranty, so they just released it as a TSB.
Speaker 9: And there is a class action lawsuit for joining.
Speaker 4: Well, get on it. But you're gonna there's not much you can do on this one. Christy, I hate telling you this.
Speaker 12: Well, I feel bad.
Speaker 9: The guys that so long have been very nice, and I know they're not.
Speaker 4: I didn't know you did business at Phil Long. They suck.
Speaker 17: But why isn't the extended warranty taking care of this?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 11: I think they are, but they're not covering four thousands of them?
Speaker 4: Well why yeah, why aren't?
Speaker 5: Why are they taking partial Why are they making a partial payment on it?
Speaker 9: Well, because it says they don't cover nuts, bolts, screws, fluids, taxes, and the only pay guys like, wait.
Speaker 4: A minute, wait a minute, wait a minute, But they're going to pay for the long block right right, Well you can't. Then where are you getting the four thousand dollars difference? I don't trust the shop? Where what shop are you a?
Speaker 7: That's going to be a different instance side that labor price. Yeah, the labor is going to come at least half of that.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute. Are you saying they're going to pay for the long block but not the gaskets and the attachments, the hardware, and they're paying one twenty five for labor? And how much is labor? How much you guys get an hour?
Speaker 11: Well, good dealer, where it's at, it's probably to twenty five an hour, and it's probably.
Speaker 4: Too you know what, Christy, I would take it out. I would take it. Where do you have it right now?
Speaker 9: It's so long and it's done, it's ready to pick up.
Speaker 4: Well, sorry, you know what, that's your big problem, Phil Long I would have told you to get it away, from Phill Long as far as you can. In my opinion, Phil Long sucks. I wouldn't touch Phil Long. It used to be a good dealer. No more, sorry on it.
Speaker 8: I just bought it there for the service.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Wrong, wrong, wrong thing to do. Okay, I mean I don't it's done. It's done. I don't think you're going to get forward to pay for this. They're not going to pay for this. They didn't even pay for it for.
Speaker 12: Other people with the class action lasting. I make it something eventually.
Speaker 4: I hope you do. I really hope you do. This is a great lesson on why you get a car checked out before you buy it? Hey, how many times do I say that in any given day? How many times?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 4: Three? Oh? Three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Frank Durand in the real Estate Man. He is the man to give you a price on your home, on what it will sell for, what you will net, what you can buy. And remember Frank knows the market, he sells more, and he sells faster. Frank Duran the real Estate Man. Dot com go with a sure thing Denver's Best Rufer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here three oh three seven one three talk three all three seven one three a two five five. Welcome to the show. Let's talk. Hey, so we have let me just get to the questions here. Give us a call at three oh three seven one three a two five five. We have Joseph has an issue with Home Depot. Joseph of what's going on?
Speaker 10: Well, it all started last Friday when I made a call to Home Depot to have a load of paletts, three palelets of pellets and a pellet stove. Well it happened on the sixteenth.
Speaker 4: I may wait wait, they sell pellets for stoves there, Yeah, they do, okay.
Speaker 10: And what happened they do now? But they had to be special ordered, I guess because they didn't have them. And okay, well, anyway, I was ordering a stove and six pounds of pellets for the winter up here in Colorado because where I live at. Well, anyway, I was making my order and I had reiterated to the salesperson, make sure that you have everything correct on the delivery. I need to talk to the driver before they do the drop because one driveway won't work. The other driveway you need to go to to bring them on your forkliff to the front porch by the house. So I asked her seven or eight times, do you got the order right? She goes, oh, yeah, we got the order right. Well, they didn't get the order right. They transposed one number in the phone number, and they have basically denied it. They tried to blame ship it back on to me, saying that it was my fault and all relied on the one person taking the order that a sixth instead of a five. The driver never called. I have six thousand pounds of pellets at the bottom of the hill from my driveway, sitting down by the road.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you, somebody, Joseph, if if they went to the other driveway. They could have gotten up there, They.
Speaker 10: Could have drove right in.
Speaker 4: Got a problem, But what was wrong with the place they went?
Speaker 10: Well, there are two driveways in Yeah them is kind of almost almost almost had a forty degree angle.
Speaker 4: Go oh, I get it first, won't drive up that so the guy didn't realize he could. Will they come back and simply drive them?
Speaker 10: Well, they won't. They won't. The delivery outfit will not come back because the phone number on the original slip was wrong.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's not going to be a perfect solution to this, But what do you I would think they would just come out and correct it.
Speaker 10: But yeah, yeah, that's not that's not going to happen.
Speaker 4: Well, Home Depot should take care of this.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you buddy, Well they won't.
Speaker 4: They won't take care of it.
Speaker 10: They started Friday when I ended up the pellets on the ground.
Speaker 4: We have Do we have an angel at home Depot? We used to?
Speaker 10: Well I don't know who which angels there.
Speaker 4: But yeah, we do have one, but I don't know we can reach out. I mean, if they gave the wrong directions to the drivers, it's pretty clearly their problem is that what they're saying go through.
Speaker 10: The whole thing before all of it, and I called, well, anyway, they tried it, started to blame ship it back onto me.
Speaker 5: Why though, give us their reasoning if you were them, what are they saying, dude, Oh they're.
Speaker 10: Saying the driveway was impassable.
Speaker 4: Well, I know, but that did you tell them? I know? But did you tell them that you gave instructions for the other driveway?
Speaker 10: I actually said for them to call from Divide, you know, that's twenty five minutes from my house, that I would be there to guide the driver around to the other driveway. But I needed to talk to the driver.
Speaker 4: But they put the wrong number down.
Speaker 10: Right, so anyway, you know, they put the wrong phone or down. So anyway, the pellets are on the ground. And uh, I called them, told them they dropped the pellets. They said, there's nothing going to happen. Nothing's going to happen all throughout the weekend, come Monday. I called again. This last Monday, called again and they basically hung up on me, said hold on, I'll get a manager, and then they clicked the I.
Speaker 4: Think this is on home depot. Home Depot is the one that gave them the wrong information. This is not the delivery company's fault.
Speaker 10: Wasn't blaming the delivery company. I know it's home people's fault.
Speaker 4: Is Home Depot the one that hung up on you?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, they're the ones that keep paying that. Well anyway, so I need these tellts move. I had to pay another five hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 4: Well, you're not going to get it back, bro, You're not going to get it back. I mean, well, I think you go to small claims. This is excellent for small claims court. But I think we could have gotten Home Depot to do it right.
Speaker 10: So they they dropped five hundred dollars off the bill. They dropped dollars.
Speaker 4: Well, then that's that's even steven and which.
Speaker 10: The deal man, there's not even steven because I still end up paying the same amount for the palace as and there's there's there's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you end up paying the same amount for the palest hold on. Let me wait, wait, just wait, I got I got to parse through this, Joseph. If had they delivered it correctly, how much was the how much were the pellets?
Speaker 10: The old delivery everything was two thousand, like nineteen bucks.
Speaker 4: Now that is if they did it correctly, correctly? Right? Okay? Now did that include your stove?
Speaker 10: The show was being Yes, include the stove, but the stove was on a different delivery status, but it was supposed to be on.
Speaker 4: The same and the stove. Did the stove get done correctly.
Speaker 10: Only because I was on top of it?
Speaker 4: Okay, Now here's what I want to ask you. So did they take five hundred dollars off the twenty nineteen Did they take five hundred off of that?
Speaker 10: They did?
Speaker 4: Then, then you're even.
Speaker 10: No, I'm not even I'm still out my cash, my five hundred bucks, another five hundred, so I'm not bro Wait.
Speaker 4: A minute, guys in the studio, am I going crazy? Do you spend five hundred and instead of paying them them twenty nineteen, they're giving you credit for that five hundred, But I.
Speaker 10: Had to pay somebody else to move them five hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: Oh man, we can't talk to him. He doesn't understand. I there's what do you do to make someone understand? Let me explain this to you. You were allotted twenty nineteen for this job. Had they done it correctly? I get it. You spent an extra five hundred to get him to move it. I get it that extra five hundred you paid out of your pocket, but instead of paying home Depot twenty nineteen, you only had to pay them fifteen hundred. So you are even, right.
Speaker 10: Well, I get to time, even, I get to i'me even, I understand that.
Speaker 4: Then what do you want me?
Speaker 10: I was treated by the employees, Well, then.
Speaker 4: Just say you think you deserve more than a five hundred dollars discount. But don't tell me you're not even.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, no, I I am well not even. It was actually five hundred and fifty dollars. But that's I mean, the money is irregardless. It was the way that these home gepots.
Speaker 4: You get it, hey bucks, if he moves on to the next call, No, okay, Joseph, I'm sorry man, this is what I call a no issue. I'm sorry. I know you're upset. Okay, the home Depot screwed up. They gave you five hundred dollars off the bill. Maybe you tell them you want another fifty off the belt. Look it, No, this is this is what I call a nothing burger. Not because you don't have a gripe. I know you do, and I know you were frustrated. I know that it really pissed you off. I get all of it, all of it. I get it, Okay, I really do, but please, please please, this is yeah, no, no, this is something that you need to really really stop. I mean, you're you're expending too much energy on it. Uh three oh three seven one three eight two five five Real quick, Sandy, you have an issue with a two thousands sixteen Honda HRV transmission. By the way, just quickly, Jeff, what kind of transmission is that? Kimera transmission? That's a CVT Okay? And is it a how many miles on this, Sandy?
Speaker 18: It has about eighty five to ninety thousand?
Speaker 14: I believe do they do?
Speaker 4: They've trouble that soon.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Handa has had enough problems with it. They've actually extended the warranty on them where they're covered for seven years or one hundred and fifty thousand, depending on then.
Speaker 16: Eric.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on and we'll come right back to you on this, Okay. I'm Tom Martinez. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five eight eight eight Heating dot Com forty five dollars complete clean, get it done right now for your furnace. And they also do checking and installations and whatever you need in a good honest way on our refer to twenty years eight eight eight heating dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until your content wait of time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three all three step and one three talk seven one three eight two five five Sandy, let's talk now, go ahead. So you have eighty something thousand miles. Let's talk about it. When did you buy this sixteen? Was it used?
Speaker 18: It was in twenty sixteen, brand new? Uh paid it off? Yeah, we paid it off anyway. The transmission went out like a month ago. At least, I'm ninety nine percent sure it's the transmission went out. My husband called a dealer. They said that the seven year, one hundred and fifty thousand mile, we're in your eight, so that they won't include us, but won't include you.
Speaker 4: And what won't won't include you in what warranty? Yeah?
Speaker 18: In the warranty repair? I guess the CBTs had a transmission issue.
Speaker 4: Okay, Jeff? Was there a special extension of the warranty?
Speaker 7: Yeah, the sixteenth through nineteens they had enough problems with them pretty much were built failure, so they extended the.
Speaker 4: Sare are you just outside of that extended warranty?
Speaker 12: Yeah, we're in your eight.
Speaker 4: And they went to how long seven? Ah? Damn it?
Speaker 18: So my question is is it has a lot of hail damage?
Speaker 4: Also that?
Speaker 18: But so my question is this worth fixing and driving and keeping.
Speaker 10: Their quote?
Speaker 4: That's more that Now this is more of a math question versus the mission. If you're not going to resell it, then yes, and you want to keep it till the wheels go off. I'll ask these guys what they think. But if you're going to try to sell it and it has hal damage, you never got the hel damage fixed? Did you get paid for the hell damage?
Speaker 14: I did?
Speaker 18: I got paid for the hail damage, and it was how much almost it was it was like ten grand, like four years ago.
Speaker 4: But we had the well, okay, and how much is the trendy going to cost?
Speaker 18: They're saying sixty five hundred to eight thousand, So.
Speaker 4: You're still ahead four grand with hail damage. So it's like getting a car with hail damage for a four thousand dollars discount. Are you going to wake to a car?
Speaker 10: I would.
Speaker 18: I would keep it and drive it. I drive for a living, so I don't care what my car looks like.
Speaker 4: But guys weigh in on it, I would keep it. She got ten she's already gotten grand. It needs a tranny. She's not going to get much money for it. She puts sixty five in, she's still thirty five hundred bucks ahead. What do you guys thinks?
Speaker 7: It's still the rest of us mechanically sound. There's no reason not to stay in that vehicle. With the cost of replacement on that thing, I mean, you're going to be way upside down you try to turn it around.
Speaker 17: Yeah, And you can always call American Honda. Sometimes they'll come out if you're right on the edge of that warranty and they'll like do fifty to fifty with you. So if you can get American Honda's number, you can look it up a lot of times they'll come out and help you as long as they can prove that the damage is the same as what the warranty's for.
Speaker 18: Okay, awesome, thank you guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let us know what happens. I would love to know, because you know, it's good to hear this stuff. But I don't think you'll be you'll be out And Kevin, do you deal those trannies?
Speaker 11: We do them all the time. Yeah, we get them right from Honda, so yeah, and do.
Speaker 4: You do them, Jeff?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we don't see too many of the Hondas when we definitely get flooded more with the Nissans, but they come through with their own pace.
Speaker 4: Sandy, where do you live.
Speaker 18: I'm me in Centennial like Southeast Therora.
Speaker 4: You're yeah, you're right near Jeff Kimmer Kimmer Transmission Jordan and a Rapo. See. Not just getting it done, but getting it done correctly and honestly is important.
Speaker 7: So and that's if she is going to get a cover under warranty at all, though, she is going to have to deal with Honda.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if it's under warranty, but if she's paying look at Transmissions Denver dot Com. Thanks, let's go back to Scott. I remember this call from earlier I didn't take. I think it was yesterday on Amazing Moves. I'm pretty I'm pretty sure that's what I'm thinking. Anyway, Scott, what's going on?
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's exactly it. Hey, Tom, I appreciate you talking to me with this.
Speaker 19: So in May, I.
Speaker 6: Engaged with Amazing Moves to move my house and unfortunately they dropped my refrigerator. I had paid five dollars for the full replacement value if something was damaged.
Speaker 4: Oh you did? They have been.
Speaker 14: Incredibly I did, but they're not honoring it. This is problem?
Speaker 4: Why so?
Speaker 6: Yeah, why DIDIC claim and they're why are they not honoring it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? What do I mean? They give you a reason, don't they? And I've never heard of full replacement coverage with a move. I've never heard of full replacement. I've heard of ACV. Are you sure you had full replacement coverage?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's actually called full replacement valuation and they will either replace it or fix it as new. Okay, I think the issue is refrigerator was worth twenty eight hundred when I purchased it, and it was only like two years old, might have been three years old actually, And I think they don't want to be out the money. I'm pretty sure they still do.
Speaker 4: They not want to pay anything. Are they offering you zero? Let's call up these fools.
Speaker 14: Man tried paying me.
Speaker 4: You know, American Moves, by the way, used to be American Moves used to be a pretty good company. I mean, are you talking to Marshall?
Speaker 14: I am not talking to Marshall.
Speaker 6: I started off talking with somebody at their claims by the name of Larissa, and then finally, after a lot of complaining and calling trying to talk to managers, I got a hold of her manager by the lady by the name of Stasty, and she has pretty much shut me down.
Speaker 4: Hey how about sooner station.
Speaker 14: Nope, well I can try and do that.
Speaker 4: I was really I think you'll win.
Speaker 14: Not outside of that.
Speaker 5: I know we're gonna call him. I'd like, we're gonna call policies written. Can you send us a copy of that warranty or guarantee or whatever it is?
Speaker 14: Happy to do that, yes, okay.
Speaker 5: Listen, yeah, dad, And I'd like Kelly to try to reach out to the owner Marshall, if he even still owns it.
Speaker 4: I wonder if they will paying I wonder if they sold. Hold on man, We're gonna have uh, we're gonna get the information. Three oh three seven one three A two five five. Compass Insurance. Today's car day. Let's talk insurance. They'll give you a quote on the phone, or they'll give you an insurance checkup to let you know if you're paying too much, too little, if you're being treated fairly and they're really honest, and we'll tell you if you have a great deal. It's a great insurance checkup. Three oh three nine nine six nine. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, you're troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Let's uh, let's go back to the phones and solve some problems. This amazing moves did. We're gonna wait on a copy on that. And now we're going to roxy about a twenty seventeen Lexus GX four sixty. I'm not quite familiar with that roxy. What's going on?
Speaker 20: Hi, Tom? Just curious. I'm looking to purchase this Lexus twenty seventeen and if you guys had any okay kenyons of it?
Speaker 4: In general, guys, give the rundown before we even talk about the buying process. Let's give a rundown of the seventeen Lexus GX four sixty. Guys, what what do you think? All of you?
Speaker 6: Overall?
Speaker 7: Is a pretty gouch darned good vehicle. One of the bigger problems you have with the toilet a Lexis brand right now is the availability of parts. So definitely make sure to get that thing checked out before you buy it. Make sure you don't have something looming that could leave that car in your driveway for a while.
Speaker 4: Well, okay yo, but the car itself, well itself, I think it's solid, it's a great car. How many miles on it?
Speaker 20: It's one hundred and twenty?
Speaker 4: Okay, now that changes things.
Speaker 11: Let's a little to hide for that car.
Speaker 20: That's a little twenty even for twenty seventeen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, figure like, well, no matter what year it is, no matter what year it is, it's really the miles that put. You know, now, it's better if the miles are spread out over years. But then some people say they'd rather have newer with higher milage than older with lower mine. You know, I don't even know that balance. I don't even know what's true. Guys, what would you rather have given the same vehicle, a newer model with higher miles or lower miles in an older one? A lot of go ahead, lower for me, lower for me, A lot of.
Speaker 7: It's is really going to depend, though, on what you can track back as far as mats records and what they've actually repaired.
Speaker 11: What are they trying to sell us? What's the price on this.
Speaker 20: One twenty five twenty five thousands?
Speaker 4: Well, have you looked around and seen at that price?
Speaker 11: What is it?
Speaker 20: I've looked at two places and they've both been comparable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm seeing I think the biggest, you know, were my best sources, and I don't have any qualms about it. The Lexus cars dot com man, they're really really good at pricing. Okay, yeah, but I just want to I just want to know. Did you have it checked out?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 4: By who?
Speaker 20: By our friend mechanic?
Speaker 4: When you say a friend mechanic, tell me what he did?
Speaker 20: He he looked up under under the car, and he you know, it's basically, well.
Speaker 4: He looked up under the car. Okay, hold on, what did did he Did he do a compression test? No? Did he did he check tail pipe emissions?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 4: Okay? What did he do? He looked up under the car? I could do that. What did he charge you for it?
Speaker 20: He didn't?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you didn't get that car checked out? Dere Okay, Well, I mean, do you really know? I'm not I'm not trying to give you a hard time. Do you really think that he gave you that he gave you a check checked? You really feel confident? What's that?
Speaker 20: The Toyota mechanic?
Speaker 4: I don't care. He's not God. I mean, I mean, what I'm what I'm saying is, how could he tell what's going on inside that engine by looking underneath? How can he tell? You? Tell me?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 20: He now, we are aware of a gasket, a timing cover gasket that is a pain in you know, quote unquote pain in the whatever. All right, so that's a big Listen he said, it's not leaking.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. Okay, listen, listen, listen. Roxy, do me a favor. When you buy it based on a guy that looked underneath and you feel that you've done enough checking out and you end up with a problem, just don't call back you. No, no, I'm serious. Don't unless you get a thorough, true, Unless you thoroughly get a true pre buy inspection of that car. You're fully now the price you said was how much? Twenty five? That is way that is way way high for that car, way high. On cars dot com, they're all day long with way less miles for that price. Okay, so it's not a good price, and you didn't get it checked out even though you know someone who looked underneath it. Three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five you know, never mind, this sucks. Did we get the contract from uh the ed? Did we get this warranty that the insurance that he bought from Amazing moves yet in our email anyway three O three seven one three Talks seven one three eight two five five. Guys, we have a number of people who do this with used cars. Okay, I want you to weigh in on it. Okay, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: D news. You need that so you don't have run anxious as we can. Shooter's gonna help. Come.
Speaker 4: Six is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi Tom Martino here? Three all three seven one three talks one three eight two five five. We have our car experts in the studio today. As you'll see, we got major Mark Major, and we have Kevin Caulkin and Jesse Schillinger from Colorado Springs Honest, Accurate Auto and Jeff Thick Kimmer transmission and welcome to you. All of those streaming can see those ugly faces and also contrast it with mine. There all right, By the way, there are no more superheroes that are trademarked. As far as well, I should say this, the words are superheroes no longer trademarked. Marvel and DC got together and they actually trademarked the term superhero. So people who are doing like you know, little snacks for kids that call them superheroes or vitamins or anything, they could not use superhero. But this was challenge lenged by super Babies, who makes superhero and Superman and not Superman but superhero stuff, and they argued this should be more of a generic term than they won. So right now, I want my preferred pronoun to be superhero. No longer do I want to be he or they or him. I want to be superhero. Your majesty would be fine to either one of those. Okay, so I'm glad that now we are legally able to use that on this show. Superhero Tom Martine. Now we got an email about amazing moves. We got the contract here, Mark, did you look at it? When the guy called, he said, look, there's an estimate for services, non binding. And then I'm looking for the insurance and it just goes through the inventory. But I don't do you see the insurance on this?
Speaker 5: They charged him and says, here's what it says, four movers, one truck, fuel, search yards of buck, fifteen tape, mattress bag, stretch wrap, paper pads. Then the next line is full replacement valuation. And they charged them five hundred dollars for that. So where are the terms and conditions about it? Says covers repairs or replacement value of property. The value of property will be the least of the following, the actual cash value of the property. Now that that's going to be the least, right there, the cost of reasonably restoring that property to its condition before the loss, or the cost of replacing that property with identically the same.
Speaker 4: So this is not this is not replacement. This is the least of these, and replacement, in my opinion, will always be the most. The value of the property will be determined at the time of the loss coverage available for shipment's value that five thousand through one hundred thousand and above.
Speaker 5: So it's not saying it's not like a homeowner's policy that's going to buy him something brand new. How I read it is if that refrigerator is two years old and it's a Samsung or whatever it is, you got to figure out what a two year old Samsung's worth.
Speaker 4: And that's what they'll exactly exactly. So what did they saying? Well, that's what I want to find out. Did they make any kind of an offer? What's soo ever to you? Any kind of an offer?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So their their comment was that they were trying to find replacement parts. It's an LG Craft Ice refrigerator. Like I said, I bought it new for like twenty eight hundred dollars just over that and they have.
Speaker 14: Been fighting it.
Speaker 4: They said they need to Scott. Did they ever? I have one simple question. Did they make you yet an offer?
Speaker 6: An offer at Yeah, they made an offer based on basic liability of sending me two hundred and thirteen dollars. Well, that's based on sixty cents a pound. And I said that's not what I.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, eight for it's an actual cash value. I can't see you losing if you get some estimates from some really good appliance stores like Jensen Appliance, Mile High Appliance and get some good get get a good valuation and taking the small claims court for the value. How do they get around it? They say, the least of of these options. And if you get an actual cash value before the loss, what's what's wrong with it? Do you know?
Speaker 14: It's it appears just to be physical. They were carrying it up the stairs.
Speaker 4: Physical or cosmetics.
Speaker 14: I'm sorry, cosmetics.
Speaker 6: So the front and the you know, the back has dents on it, but of course that goes against the wall.
Speaker 4: Does it work? Does it work?
Speaker 6: It's got that it appears too.
Speaker 14: I had to moving into a storage unit.
Speaker 6: Okay, right, now, here's the deal man.
Speaker 4: They owe you something, and I'm surprised they're stonewalling you. They used to be on the REFERRALSS years ago. I don't want to get into it. But unfortunately there are companies that can't seem to sustain good business practices as categories. One of them are movers. Even when we find a good one, how long does it last? Mark? When we try, when we find a good mover. How long does it us? Oh, we've had some that have lasted. Yeah, but most of them fade away. I mean, there's no doubt about it. Man. Well they fade away as far as doing a good job, or they just fade away. And I would say another category is appliance repair. We get that's a tough one. Yep, right now. I think we got a great one. If he signed up already Roma and we have Jensen, is that are they still on? I mean they've been on for a long, long, long, long, long long time. Also, what other category doesn't la? Oh? Solar category is really bad. Fortunately we have some good solar people. But you know, over the years, these are categories that are very difficult to keep filled with good people. And I would not recommend if I was moving, I wouldn't recommend amazing moves anymore. Well, actually they're not well, I shouldn't even say that. They might be the lesser of evils, but they're not like fye.
Speaker 14: As long as they don't drop something, we're.
Speaker 4: Not what they Well, hold on, let me ask that then, because let me ask that, how was the service? Let's forget about the dropping. Maybe I'm being unfair. How were they no?
Speaker 6: So that they brought out the team of four? If I remember right, it was a guy by the name of Myron was the head of it.
Speaker 4: But did they do a good job.
Speaker 6: That they were great? They completely were okay for dropping this.
Speaker 4: No, no, forget about the drop. I want to know, pretend the drop never happened.
Speaker 14: Back office.
Speaker 4: Did they pack up or did they just move?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 14: I packed up, they just moved.
Speaker 6: And from the team that came out. They were recommended to me by a friend of mine, and I actually when I didn't realize they were going to be such a pain to deal with for this replacement, I actually recommended them to another person. But then when you start dealing with their back office, they're miserable. I mean, I've never been but the.
Speaker 4: Guys on the job, the guys on the job was that quick job, polite, efficient.
Speaker 6: Yep, to the point I tipped them like two and a half times with amazing moves.
Speaker 14: Recommended me to tip them.
Speaker 6: This is the rub of it, right that upsets me because I way over tipped because they I mean, it was a big job, was a whole house move and they did great bottom lunch like I treated their people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I get it. I get it, and I.
Speaker 6: Did right by their people. And then they turn around and they treat me like this at the back office.
Speaker 4: But I don't understand why they won't just make an AC. Why won't they make an AC call these guys and ask them, all right, who's gonna do it?
Speaker 6: Mark?
Speaker 4: Who do he wants to do it? I think you, Dimitri. I think Kelly should call and see if they want to come on air. Okay, Kelly, make a call to Amazing Moves. See if Marshall's around or somebody. Maybe he has a name too, he's been dealing with who knows more about it? I mean, I don't know why they can't just settle on a fair and actual cash value. Notice it doesn't say fair market, it says actual cash value. We have a guest from Rocky Mountain a d A. That's Americans with Disabilities Act coming up. Plus we're taking your calls three three seven to one three talk seven one, three eight to five five. But don't forget you can call three oh three Martino twenty four to seven, three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. Go with a sure thing. Denver's best Roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five did we call amazing moves? Do we have anybody over there? Let's go to Gabrielle while we're rating, or Gabrielle, Gabrielle, what's happening?
Speaker 16: What's happening? Well, I have been trying to cancel alone and stop them from putting solar on my house because they mis represented themselves.
Speaker 4: Who are they and who are they?
Speaker 16: Well, Mosaic is the lender and they are willing to cancel the loan.
Speaker 4: Mosaic is the lender. But who sold it to you?
Speaker 16: It was a representatives they had walking around and gone house to house. Her name was Danielle Keevin.
Speaker 4: But who had her going? Who had her going door to door? Did Mosaic sel it to you or did someone else?
Speaker 16: It's Freedom Forever.
Speaker 4: Freedom Forever? Yeah, you know what this is, oh God? And all they do is sell you and they do nothing else. Who are they getting to install it?
Speaker 16: That's who it is, Freedom Forever?
Speaker 4: Are they actually going to gaber Are they actually going to install it for you?
Speaker 16: I'm not letting them on my roof. Haye told me they are coming and they will not say send a denial saying they will not cancel it.
Speaker 4: Let me let me give you another question here. Did you do it within the first three days of the contract?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: Okay? Why did you?
Speaker 16: Widow? And I am I was just in a bad place.
Speaker 4: Gabrielle, I beg you, Okay, I understand. Let me let me ask you a couple of things. When when did you sign.
Speaker 10: This contract in June?
Speaker 4: Okay? And when was it supposed to be put ups?
Speaker 16: Either last month or in October?
Speaker 4: And Freedom Forever Solar they they took they had you apply to Mosaic.
Speaker 16: The loan is through Mosaics, okay.
Speaker 4: And did Mosaic actually do anything yet.
Speaker 16: They sent them money for the supplies. Oh, they did, but we sent them a letter and called them and told them not to do any work, not to accept any money, and that we were canceling it. We did not want to do it.
Speaker 4: I understand now, Gabrielle, this changes things a little. I understand what you're saying, and I want to help you, okay. But if they already sent money from loan proceeds to the solar company, you're going to owe. How much did they send.
Speaker 16: I think twenty one thousand?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Why did you change your mind?
Speaker 16: Because it was they were very deceptive about the way that they had sent it to me.
Speaker 4: How did that tell me? What was deceptive?
Speaker 16: Ah? They did not tell me that the grant was guaranteed. They said I would get a grant to help me with it. They did not explain that to me. They did not tell me that my house would be held as collateral. They did not, you know, for the loan. They they told me, I don't even have the information in front of me right now. So my sister in law has it. She's helping me with this, and they just didn't explain all that stuff to me.
Speaker 4: Gabriel. Gabriel I'm going to tell you some of those are real, really weak arguments. Okay, that doesn't mean I'm not trying to talk you into this. I'm trying to get you out of it. I want you to know that upfront. But I'm going to say you made a very you made a terrible mistake and unless we can find okay, we got to find something here. Did you sign this contract? And then when did you say you? When did you then decide you wanted to just cancel it?
Speaker 16: Well, my sister in law came over to.
Speaker 4: See me, and I just tell me how, No, I just need to know the timeframe, dear. When When was the time frame?
Speaker 16: The end of July?
Speaker 4: Okay, so you signed it in June? And a month later and June? Yes, so a month later, Yes, you changed your mind.
Speaker 16: Yes. After my sister in law, I get it. We've read everything, and she told me about all of this, and she said, you don't want to do this. And so because I was in a bad place, I mean, I was going through so much grief, I just wasn't thinking, and I had no one here to consult with her to talk to, and they were very deceptive about the way they presented it to me.
Speaker 4: So so Freedom doesn't want to Now is there any other money due? How much was the whole system going to be?
Speaker 16: About thirty thousand?
Speaker 4: Okay, so they have another nine grand coming I think so, Yes, that's all the whole thing's going to cost is thirty grand.
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 4: Is that after tax credits or before tax credits?
Speaker 16: Before?
Speaker 4: And so you get money off of that even so in other words, the raw cost you is thirty and then you're going to get thirty percent tax credit.
Speaker 16: That's what I was told, which which.
Speaker 4: Would bring it down to about you know, twenty twenty okay, Okay, Well, I just want to tell you something. What size is your house?
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 16: It's nineteen under its square feet.
Speaker 4: It's not a terrible deal. I'm not telling you you should do it. I know nothing about Freedom, okay. And your positive Freedom is the one that was coming out to your house.
Speaker 16: Yes, that's the contractor for the solar.
Speaker 4: Okay. And that's the one you signed the contract with Freedom.
Speaker 16: Right, Freedom in Mosaic. Mosaic has the loan papers that I now.
Speaker 4: Mosaic said they would cancel it. But what did they say they were going to do about the twenty one grand.
Speaker 16: Well, the contractor needs to give that back and he's he's denying it, and he's not. He doesn't want to.
Speaker 4: Do it, so you can't get it canceled.
Speaker 16: I can, but they won't. They're denying it.
Speaker 4: Well, of course they are. Of course they are because it's a sale.
Speaker 16: So when I told them my situation, I told him I can't do it because I was not told what the total would be that I.
Speaker 4: Hold on a second. I want to get one of my experts on. Okay, I'm one of my solar experts. Can we try to get Brooke on Kachina? What work did they end up doing? I didn't hear that part. Didn't do anything yet? Okay, hold on, let's get Brooke on. I'm gonna I'm gonna mark this brook Is with brook Is with one of our solar companies. We love Redrosars dot Com. I just want to I just want to wait. And then we're also calling amazing moves and we'll talk about all of those coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. One clear choice garage doors should be your choice for garage doors or for openers. Do you know a lot of companies work with garage door companies, but and a manufacturer, but they're not factory authorized. One clear choice doors dot Com is factory authorized. That's one clear choice garage doors, but the website one clear choice doors dot com, where all of their prices are clearly marked right there. One clear choice doores dot Com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martinez THREEO three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So, Gabriel, I want to bring up Brooke white with red rocks, roof and solar. Red Rocks is our one of our solar experts. Red rocks, roof and solar, Brooke, Gabriel says.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 4: Gabriel says not get it's not it's Sarah, Yeah, Gabriel Gabriel's I'm sorry, Gabriel, Gabrielle. She signed a contract with Freedom Forever Solar. Do they actually do the installation?
Speaker 21: Do you know, Brooke, they frequently sub out their insults.
Speaker 4: Okay, But she did that and then she was financed by Mosaic. A month later, she changed her mind. She said it was misrepresented. But here's what I want to ask you. That the finance company said they already forwarded twenty one thousand dollars, Mosaic forwarded twenty one grand to Freedom, and Freedom says she can't cancel. Well, obviously she didn't do it within three days. So I want to know what is your take on this.
Speaker 21: Did the system get insulled?
Speaker 4: No, they started no work whatsoever.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 21: What's in the cancelation policy? Does it say that there's a cancelation.
Speaker 4: Of Gabriel Kay, Gabrielle, do you have a cancelation policy? No, there has to be something on there.
Speaker 16: We'll see. Mosaics sends me emails and they saying they're willing to cancel it.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not talking about that contract. In your contract, in your contract with Freedom there's got to be what is it no after that, and there's got to be a paragraph somewhere talking about termination.
Speaker 21: Yeah, because what I have not at all have, Gabrielle, it up in between the three day cancelation period and the system actually being installed, you can still cancel the job, but usually there's a fee tied to it. That's what we're asking about.
Speaker 4: Gabrielle. Can you send us your contract?
Speaker 16: Just about that, Gabrielle, can.
Speaker 4: You send us Gabrielle, can you send us the contract?
Speaker 16: I will that.
Speaker 4: We need to read it, Okay, we need to read it right now. We're going off on what you're telling us, okay, and I want you to send it to Brooke too, but we're going to you send it to us first, and we will let Brooke look at it, and we'll look at it, okay, because there's got to be something about cancelation in there. There will be something about cancelation in there, I promise you.
Speaker 21: And here's some good news, Gabrielle. If the system hasn't been installed and Mosaic's willing to cancel the deal, you can go ahead and just tell them to cancel financing. It's very rare that a solar company tries to come after you for the cancelation fee on a finance deal because it causes them a lot of issues.
Speaker 4: But they already got twenty one grand.
Speaker 21: They'll claw it back as long as the install didn't happen. Mosaic will claw back those funds and they'll cancel the financing because the install hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 4: Okay, listen, listen, Gabrielle. First things first, I want you to send us the contract, Katchina, give her the email. Got it. We got to get a copy of this contract, Brooke White, redrocksars dot com. If you ever need solar. This is the way we have honest people, red Rocks roof and Solar. These are the people, honest people, redrocksars dot com. Also, let's go to Emily. Emily is with Rockymountain Ada dot com. That's Rocky Mountain Ada, which stands for Americans with Disabilities Act. And I believe we've talked to Emily before about the Americans with Disabilities Act law and what they do at Rockymountain, Ada. And it's worth revisiting because I have a few questions and issues that have come up. Emily, what did you want to tell us about ADA. Are there any major changes anything you want to tell us?
Speaker 8: Yeah, So we always just like to pop up every now and then and remind people that the Rocky Mountain ADA Center exists and that we help people understand their rights and responsibilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Speaker 4: Do you handle housing? Or do you handle travel? Or do you handle pets? What do you handle? Yeah?
Speaker 8: So the ADA itself does not cover housing or travel. It's strictly related to places of public accommodation. Okay, we can help people with any sort of question they have. So if they call us and we're not the right center for them, we'll point them in the right direction.
Speaker 4: Give us an example of where someone would call Rocky Mountain Ada, defint to clarify what their rights might be somewhere.
Speaker 8: So somebody might call if they requested an accommodation at their job and they were turned down or they didn't quite know what the process was and they just wanted to understand a little bit more about, you know, what, what they can expect from their employer and how to go about filing a complaint if they feel like they were discriminated against.
Speaker 4: Ultimately, what about public buildings.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So we get called from businesses, you know, and other like local governments who want to know things like how do I what do I do about service animals? How do I know if it's really a service animal? And what are the rules for that? Sometimes people want to know what they're how they how they have to strike their parking lots, or you know, how the bathroom has to be designed to be accessible under the ADA. So any of those types of questions we can answer.
Speaker 4: Okay, So in addition to answering questions, do you do any letter writing or visiting or enforcement of any kind?
Speaker 8: We don't do any enforcement, you know. Really our goal is to empower people to self advocate. So we can certainly help people, you know, give people the lank which that they need to then go to the enforcing agencies and better explain their situation. But we don't really do anything like that on behalf of people.
Speaker 4: All right, So somebody would call if and then you give them information yes, this looks like a violation of your rights or this should be changed. Then what do people do with that information?
Speaker 8: So we would say, yes, this looks like a violation of your rights, and here are your options for how to deal with it. So depending on what that person wants to accomplish, you know, whether they want to just help correct their employer, let's say, or if they actually want to file a complaint, We'll give them a couple of different roads they can go down. You know, you can talk directly to your employer and to help educate them. You can file a complaint with a local enforcing agency, or you can file with a federal enforcing agency. So we just work directly with that person to help understand what are there, what are they trying to compush, what their end goal is, and then we kind of tailored the plan that we come to together with them.
Speaker 4: Do you make suggestions for the employers? Oh?
Speaker 8: Absolutely, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Let me let me ask you something. Then, in most cases, aren't employers simply ignorant of the law as opposed to being opposed to it, like obstinate?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, absolutely, I would say nine times out of ten, it's just a matter of ignorance of the law. You know, most people don't intend to be discriminatory, or they don't underquite understand what their responsibilities are. You know, there's almost there's very few times when it's a directly you know, malicious type of discrimination and.
Speaker 4: What is considered a disability. I know that sounds weird, but for example, we had a case one time, and I'm not I swear to God, I'm not trying to body shame any one, but there was a large person clinically obese said it was a disability and needed accommodations, including the door to her office and a chair. Is that and again, I really mean this as a real issue. Is that something that can be considered an accommodation for someone who is big?
Speaker 8: I mean perhaps, you know, it always depends the ADA defines disability in a really broad sense, just anything any physical or mental impairment that substantially limits major life activities. So, you know, being obese in and of itself might not be a disability, but that might cause some other symptoms and conditions that might rise to the level of disabling or significantly impairing that person. So it always depends on, you know, how that condition impacts that person's life.
Speaker 10: You know, what is it's.
Speaker 8: Really meant to be broad.
Speaker 4: What is considered reasonable accommodations. I've always wondered what that means.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so a reasonable accommodation is any sort of change or modification that we can make to the workplace to allow someone to stay engaged in employment. And when we say reasonable, that means that it's not something that's you know, so expensive that it's going to bankrupt us, right, It's not something that's going to have to cause us to remodel our whole building. Yeah, you know, we're not giving people unlimited you know, leave or changing production standards. It's things that are reasonable, So things that we can accomplish without too much difficulty or expense.
Speaker 4: Did you have calls during COVID with people being called back to work and other people who said, my uh immune system is compromised, it's not the same as others things like that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there was a lot of a lot of new types of questions coming up with COVID, and eventually the Department of Justice did ultimately classify long COVID as a disability. Really now that's yeah, that's something that is recognized as a disability. And and you know, now we see lots of people requesting accommodations in the workplace for long COVID symptoms.
Speaker 4: What would be one of the accommodations, like I think at work would would would allowing remote work be one of them.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it could be. Remote work is a big one that we see. There's also long COVID also causes people to be fatigued and get brain fog, I've heard, so, you know, just allowing people to kind of take breaks intermittently throughout the day so that they can manage those, you know, symptoms of fatigue is another thing that I've heard. You know, people with long COVID typically request could be you know, time off for medical appointments. It kind of depends on what that individ tool needs, but those are some common ones.
Speaker 4: Emily, can I give out this seven to one nine number?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Okay, it's seven to one nine four four four zero two six eight. If you think you're discriminated against, your rights are being via that, and remember they can explain reasonable versus non reasonable accommodations. But if you have any questions, go to the website. It's a really good website. Rocky Mountain a DA that stands for Americans with Disabilities Act. Rocky Mountain eighty a dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five do we have we have the manager from Amazing moves on. Wow, that's cool. She worked with Scott. Hi Stacy, thank you for coming on.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 4: Hey, he has a very simple question. He has cosmetic damage as refrigerator. He wanted ACV or actual cash value or whatever. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation in comparison, Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped of new neat advice, So you.
Speaker 16: Don't have.
Speaker 1: Come running. Just as fast as.
Speaker 2: We can, Shooter's gonna help coming, man.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints, making your life a little easier. We're here to help you. Love what we do. All you have to do is call us at three oh three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. Okay, So here's the deal. We left off with a problem, and I'm happy we can go right back to it. And it has to do with Scott saying that they dropped his refrigeration. That's not a major deal. They dropped his refrigerator. He bought insurance, he would like to get coverage. And then he said they're not doing anything for me. They stopped returning my calls. Blah blah blah. And Stacy the manager came right on the air. She didn't she didn't hesitate a second and said, look, I sent guys out to the storage unit to look at it, and for some reason or another, we missed each other. He was calling, well, people were actually there, So I'm going to let him finish up. But what I don't want to do is go back and forth about the past. What's really important is let's try to get it done. So Scott, you missed him right because you live too far away and you missed him right.
Speaker 6: And I would like to well, I would like to clarify that they were not there. They called me at our appointment at three o'clock and said that they were up an Aurora and would get there as soon as they could. And that was at three o'clock. You know, consert or traffic starts building. Yeah, and I had taken off work. So when they say that they were there and we missed each other, that's incorrect. I also then informed Stacey because called her, and I informed her I would wait for them, and I waited for over an hour, and I just sent your team and email exchange where her last email to me says, and this is on August twenty first, at three point fifteen, saying I will get back to you shortly and that's the last I heard of her.
Speaker 14: I did do repeated calls to her.
Speaker 6: I had the refrigerator out of the storage unit plugged in. I had to bring an extension cord, so I had it plugged in so it would be working when they got there. So when she's saying I didn't hold up to my side of the bargain, that is completely incorrect. I was absolutely there in waiting. As a matter of fact, when she asked for times for them to come look, I provided three times.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, enough then, okay, okay, cool one, let's just say.
Speaker 14: Somehow I did my side.
Speaker 4: Okay, they want to look at it now, Now, let's just accommodate them. They want to look at it, great, all right, Well, so a picture or something time.
Speaker 6: So they have all the pictures, including the pictures that they're Stacy.
Speaker 4: What are you hoping to find? Did did did the guys Stacey may? I asked a question, did your guys admit dropping it?
Speaker 16: I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 4: We have the right to inspect it.
Speaker 22: Until I can inspect it, I can't say anything about it.
Speaker 10: Tom, he has to let us inspect it. So we were there.
Speaker 14: He refused to let them in.
Speaker 22: I haven't heard from him, not one time since.
Speaker 23: They weren't there.
Speaker 14: If he wasn't, she is incorrect, they were not.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't care about that. I actually don't care about that right now, here's what I care about it about it, yep.
Speaker 6: I don't care about that. I just care about getting it took pictures. Her team took pictures and admitted to it. We sent the pictures to the person that works for her, Larissa, so they have they have their friend Minny.
Speaker 4: Scott considered Scott.
Speaker 22: When in he's ready to schedule the inspection, we can move forward. Until then, we're not willing to be really even discussed it much more than that we have the right to inspect it. It's in a storage unit. It's not one of these using It's in a storage unit. When we can see it, we can discuss.
Speaker 14: It for.
Speaker 4: It's still absolute, Scott. The point she's making, Scott, you know, you guys are talking over each other and basically, Scott, what she's saying is they have a right to inspect it, period and and.
Speaker 14: I've never denied that.
Speaker 4: Okay, Scott, I'm not saying you did. Will you shut up? You're your own worst enemy. You really are. It doesn't matter. Do you understand that we have the manager the damn company on here saying they just want to inspect it, and you insist on going back over each and every injustice. Let's move forward. Let's get it done. That's why you called the show.
Speaker 14: Yeah, okay, okay, let's pick a time and date.
Speaker 4: Let's do it. Stacey, do you have the Do you have the address I need?
Speaker 22: I we do have the address from the last time we were out there. He can send me do my email. He has it three times. It will work for him and I'll check it with our schedule on our team to come out and effect it. Nobody ever denied anything. Okay, he is refusing to cooperate. He just went on to call you to bully us into paying him, and that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 4: You have to be able to know.
Speaker 6: But Tom, that's where that's where I get upset. Is I am fully cooperating and for her to say that is completely incorrect, and they're trying to.
Speaker 4: She waves a little problem.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 4: Here's the problem. Scott's angry, and she's angry, and she's angry because he said to us on the air that they refuse to pay. He did say that they refuse to honor the claim. So she's upset. You're upset, Scott, because she is saying, we want to look at it, and you didn't show up. Okay, so you're both upset. I'm not going to parse through who's right and who's wrong. I think at this point they're willing to look at it, and that's all you can ask for. I mean, is there any mystery here? They want to look at it? She said, emailer and set up a date, Scott, stay in touch with us, okay, really stay in touch with us. By the way, Stacy, is Marshall still there or did he sell the company?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 14: No, he's still He is still very much very much here.
Speaker 4: Okay, good good, all right, So thank you for coming on. I appreciate it. Let's see what happens. Three h three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five. Look. I want to say just a little something about First of all, I like when people come on from the company. Okay, I do. She was upset, obviously because she's listening to him accuse the company of not wanting to pay. Now still, and I know this is hard and I've known very good business people who can't do it. I'm probably one of them who can't do it. When you're accused of something, you get your backup in the air a little, and you defend yourself and you're kind of like you're brisally. It happens. It happens. Because Mark, you mentioned she sounded angry right well beyond it. But yes, well, okay, how do you think you'd feel. I mean, you'd be honest with me because I I.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, when I had my five good years, you you were endorsing me and we'd get calls all the time. I'd never handle it like that on air in a million years. That's all I'm saying. Okay, have you ever gotten upset? How about any of you in here? How many times have we called with an issue with Kevin or Jeff over the years? I mean they're very few and far, but it happens, and I don't hear that on air.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's all I'm saying. But I and I didn't take a fence necessarily to anything she said. Did you take a fence to it? Yeah?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Or did you not like the way she was saying it or what she seemed very perturbed.
Speaker 11: She's just a little short, but I think that's just how she is. I don't think she was angry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, kind of. I didn't take it as negative. I took it as being pissed off that they were being accused of ignoring this. That's the way I took it. Now, whether it's acceptable or not, Mark, I'm not saying.
Speaker 5: I just and I'm waiting for a text back, and I bet I have it within about fifteen seconds twenty seconds, and then I'll say another comment about the company in general. But I want to clarify before I make the comment so we can move on.
Speaker 4: Then I'll make it. If I make it, Yeah, make it or tell us what you're talking about.
Speaker 5: Well, I think they owe us money from years ago, so when it comes to paying out on warranties or paying for advertising or praying for different things, I don't think they can live up to their word. But like I said, I'm still clarifying that, so I'm a little biased.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 4: I'm Tom Martine three oh three seven one three talk seven to one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing. Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Leave time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. Gary has a question about tough sheds. Go ahead, Gary, what's going on?
Speaker 11: Hey Tom?
Speaker 6: Good afternoon, have to Friday to you and the team.
Speaker 4: Thank you man, what's happening?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 15: Hey Tom?
Speaker 6: I got an estimate on a on a tough shed and and then I just got themos all and it's been looking, you know at the reviews better business reports, and some of them are not very glowing. So I just want to know if you had any history or current issues with tough shed up and you.
Speaker 4: Know we've had passed spring. There no issues, We've had good reports on them in the past. It really the complaints we did have. The few complaints we've had with tough sheds is when I believe people got them to for a mission they weren't meant for. Well.
Speaker 5: I think the other thing is most of them, in fact, I think all of them are franchise models. So you can definitely get a bad one or a good one, that's possible, But the product itself, I don't recall any issues.
Speaker 6: Okay, good to know. And of course it's through the they're working through home Depot. So I used the home Depot site, talked to.
Speaker 4: Are you and the springs? Hey, Jesse down what's that old Colorado downtown area called? There's like three or four.
Speaker 5: I think shed dealers, like an actual tough shed deal, just go direct. And the only reason I say that is you might save a little money. I'm sure they'll beat the home depot price on their own product. But the other thing is then you're going to be dealing with You're going to be dealing with one company. You're not going to be dealing through home Depot. And we get a lot of complaints. It doesn't matter if it's flooring windows. I mean, how many complaints do we get on Home Depot subcontractors, Tom.
Speaker 4: Well, when we do get them, they're about the subcontractors, yep, you know, not about Home Depot itself.
Speaker 5: No, but what but what ends up happening is Home Depot is the one that needs directify it and they generally won't do anything.
Speaker 4: Exactly. You're right, Yeah, And they're right, and they say it's your deal. That's why I don't like doing that. By the way, you should go. You should just for the heck of it. Stole down there. You know, we're we're talking about Old Colorado City.
Speaker 14: Yeah, sure, do over on eighth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're on a radio station out there, KRDO. So when I drive down to KRDO to do stuff, I always pass. It's how I knew about it.
Speaker 4: And all they do is sell these buildings. Yeah, it's a big toughshed dealer.
Speaker 17: Should they sell them and install them and deliver them. They do all that on site.
Speaker 5: So and I think there might even be another brand really close to there.
Speaker 4: I don't know anything about it, but.
Speaker 14: All right, I do a Google search. Then, yeah, thank you so much for that, sure.
Speaker 4: Thing, man, Thanks for calling. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five three Zho three Martino, Chris, what's happening.
Speaker 6: I've been just looking at renewing some concealed carry insurance and I'm just shopping around, and I guess I noticed with a couple of them. Now they allow you to pick your own attorney for representation. I guess my question is with their fee schedules, do any of the attorneys you work with know if they'll support yeah, backing you up with what these comes.
Speaker 4: Well, let me ask you some when you say concealed carry insurance, what are you talking about?
Speaker 14: What it is is.
Speaker 6: If you app actually use your weapon, they will represent you through the whole process.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 5: In other words, if someone breaks into your house and you blast them in the head and they die, and the cops all of a sudden decide they then my day doesn't work.
Speaker 4: Don't homeowner doesn't homeowners Insurance cover you? Well?
Speaker 5: Okay, fine, let's say you're out in the parking lot for that matter. Oh you're saying, don't they cover you all together? I don't think so. Not for criminal activity, Well.
Speaker 7: Don't have to be criminal.
Speaker 11: I mean you could do with it legally.
Speaker 4: And what I'm saying, I don't think, Jeff, I get that.
Speaker 5: But I'm saying, I don't think homeowners steps in and is going to pay for a defense for a criminal charge.
Speaker 7: But that's where concealed carry insurance is very important.
Speaker 4: Yes, so do you have do you have it?
Speaker 7: Do I?
Speaker 14: I do?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 6: I have I had lost yield.
Speaker 4: I think Jeff does got it to yeah? Okay? And is it expensive?
Speaker 7: No, it's pretty cheap.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: So what I want to know is this, if what are you asking? There's so many people that have it. The reason it's so cheap is I mean, how often are you.
Speaker 4: Every to use it? But I want to ask Chris this. You're asking Chris what that Now that you can select your own attorney us to.
Speaker 5: Know, for example, if Joe Lazara, and I'll just use that because he's on our referral list, if he can pick Joe Lazara to use contractually with whoever he's buying the policy from, I would say, if Joe did it, you could. But if Joe, for example, is three hundred an hour and they only pay one hundred and fifty an hour, right, you're going to have to come up with the deficit.
Speaker 4: That's why. Is that what you're asking Chris? Yes, what rate do they give you what hourly rate?
Speaker 6: They don't show anything on their sites. I guess I could call him individually an app.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what jed. That's it's all going to come down to that, because when they say they pay attorneys fees, or even by the way, when laws say you get attorneys fees, it doesn't mean you get what the attorney bills. It means you get what they claim it should be. In other words, the courts decide. So that's really that's really the rub right there. Oh cool, I got a judgment one time. I got a judgment one time for attorney's fees, and the attorney said, the judge said, okay, therefore you get one hundred and ninety thousand dollars and my fees were two hundred and ninety thousand. And I said to the judge and I won, by the way, that's why I got attorney's fees. And I said to the judge, and he's I didn't say to Jude, I said to my attorney, the judge told me that, or told us in court these were reasonable attorney's fees. But I got charge one hundred thousand dollars more. How do you reconcile that.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 4: I wasn't saying you cheated me or anything. I was saying, if I did a feed dispute, would that judge's opinion carry weight? And he immediately reduced his bill. And I'm not saying I had bad representation. He was really good. But it's kind of damning when a judge says your reasonable compensation should be this. So therefore, what you need to do is clarify that before getting into this so you don't have that kind of a problem. If they allow you to pick an attorney, ask them what the hourly rate they allow, and not only that, how many hours do they allow? Some of them have a cap on it. You know. That's why these prepaid legal things, I think they suck. They're good for a phone call now and then to an attorney, but mainly they suck. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We might need Paul the waterman on right now waterpros dot net. But uh for this question, Kevin, Uh, what's going on?
Speaker 23: Paul?
Speaker 24: Yeah, So i'll thing called structured water.
Speaker 4: Have you ever don of it?
Speaker 24: It's kind of a yes, it seems awful wacky to me, and it gets the water thick and somehow it makes it more charge and good for your body.
Speaker 4: What they say. They say that it aligns the molecules and it's better for absorption and better for hydration. And I don't know, I don't know enough about it.
Speaker 5: I mean we should ask to me. The first thing I think is snake oil.
Speaker 4: Yep, it says the molecular Here's what I'm reading about it. The idea is that the water molecules in structured water align themselves in organized layers, unlike the random arrangement of molecules in ordinary water, it enhances hydration. Proponents of this structured water claim it's more easily absorbed by cells. Now are you looking at one of these machines?
Speaker 24: Well, I saw a thing for one hundred and eighty bucks that you sor you dip in your water and wave it around and it makes the water thicker and structures it. So it's pretty cheap and a nutrition this that I know, seems to claim this is good good.
Speaker 4: No, you can't spend.
Speaker 5: I'll sell you a drumstick for thirty bucks.
Speaker 4: I'll sell the time. So listen, like, really, I do want to call Paul the water man. Is he around? I'm working on it, Tom, Yeah, just see if he's there. I do want to ask him. And Paul knows a lot about water, he really does. I bet it's a real thing.
Speaker 5: But you know, if it's any better for you than drinking regular cloth?
Speaker 4: First of all, how supposedly do they realign the molecules? What is it? He just how do you make water a stick and you move it around? Is that how they say you do it with a stick? Yeah, Kevin, what kind.
Speaker 1: Of a stick is it?
Speaker 5: One hundred and seventy five dollars sul sticks over the bar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, what is it really? What is the stick?
Speaker 24: I'm kind of a stick that contained already contains structured water like a vial, and then when you put this in the water, it transfers its structure over to the other water. And the thing is, I.
Speaker 25: Suppose do you ever run out of it?
Speaker 24: Biscus, do you ever run.
Speaker 1: Out of it?
Speaker 24: Never run out? No, I'm thinking about trying this for one hundred eighty bucks, but I don't know. But they say, I think you're nuts.
Speaker 4: So this stick you put never runs out and it structures the water. Yeah, and it grows hair.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I hope. So anyway, okay, so I thought I was just try to figure out if you had ever heard of it.
Speaker 5: So maybe kid, we are going to try to get Paul on though. I mean, you know, we're kind of making fun of it because it sounds so freaking goofy, a stick that never runs out you put in your I'm looking at some now I'm looking at alkaline water sticks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like twenty bucks that alkaline. You know, by the way, alkaline based water has some benefits and you know re okay, water can be better absorbed, but better. Hold on, If you adjust the pH of water, and you adjust the alkalinity of water and the acidity of water, you can truly improve absorption. But I don't know what this structured means. You see, that's the thing. And to me it does sound like snake oil, as Mark put it, because to say that it naturally deuces structured water and this stick last forever. What's in the stick? Well, they can't tell you that, or else you could.
Speaker 24: Go make your own, but it's actually structured water in the stick, supposedly, and then it transfers as characteristics to any other.
Speaker 5: This is from healthline dot com. I don't even know who they are, but it says companies selling structured water make extreme claims about its benefits. However, there's no evidence behind any of them. No, nor is there any compelling evidence that such a substance has structured water even exists.
Speaker 24: Well, yuh, I mean, I guess the reason I'm interested is because they say, if you structure the water, it gets like honey like, it gets thick, so you would know something actually happened when you stuck the stick in there.
Speaker 4: No, hold on, they don't claim it actually gets thicker, do.
Speaker 24: They Yeah, yeah, they say it gets more viscous that.
Speaker 4: Well, more viscous to where you can notice it, or on a microscopic level. He said, like, honey, dude, Nah, Now listen, Kevin. How much is it? Kevin? How much is it? I?
Speaker 5: If you really want good water, though, I can sell you a packet of kool aid and all you have to do is add sugar.
Speaker 4: It'll be the most delicious Kevin I ever had. If you buy that stick, If you buy that stick and you can show me bring it in where a sealed stick will make your water thicker visibly, I'll pay for it.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I'll let you know. I've been in before, so i'll let you know if this happens.
Speaker 5: Oh wait, you were you in the door up to something? Why were you in before? Did you buy something like this?
Speaker 24: Oh no, I was a common man.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, Tom, ok when you were a common man years ago? What did we talk about? Yeah?
Speaker 24: I have a nonprofit that helps people with car repairs.
Speaker 4: Of course. Yeah, you do a good job.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 4: Isn't it hands of the is it hands of the carpenter or something? Oh that's a different.
Speaker 24: But this is called our twelve charity.
Speaker 4: I remember that. Okay, they know Daphne.
Speaker 24: Exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey I do. Tom.
Speaker 5: Do you remember the guy that came in that said he took us in the other room and like held us.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes. What was he claiming? Though, I'll tell you I gotta take this crack. No, no, I'm gonna I'm gonna tell you and and and he was a nice man and it was a nut. Well I gotta take the break though. First, Barry, real quick, you got a props for Kevin Coulkin shared an auto tech?
Speaker 26: Yes, I do.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 15: I just came back from him. He took a look at the battery that I brought in that Triple A battery would not do anything about, and he got it covered under warranty for me and got me a new battery.
Speaker 4: Take Kevin, why did Triple A not want to do this? Do you know?
Speaker 11: I could never figure that out. But we just bypassed that all and just took care of it.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 14: I appreciate it very much anytime.
Speaker 4: And Triple A it was this the first battery or second battery. Triple A sold you first and it went bad and they just wouldn't take care of it.
Speaker 26: No, So then.
Speaker 11: He didn't drive it enough and that's why it failed. That's what they call Do.
Speaker 4: You think that's a good excuse, Kevin.
Speaker 11: No, No, the battery's gonna warranty, Yeah, fix it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, thank you for telling us. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison all Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martina here three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Welcome, and Deputy Doc has a comment on structured water. First, then I'm going to go to the expert, Paul, the waterman, Paul with Waterpros dot net. Deputy What Doc, I didn't know you had a comment on this?
Speaker 19: Go ahead, alright here, if you put a keyspoon of lemon juice and a cup of water. It's no longer water.
Speaker 14: It's a weak acid. So that just spells.
Speaker 19: And number two, the only way that you can increase the discosy of water is to start freezing it, where you get half ice and half water. The construction water is ice. As soon as the molecule is fined to one another, they become a solid.
Speaker 23: So you can't have.
Speaker 19: As as water is freezing and you have half water and half height, it doesn't it does it creates.
Speaker 4: Bet.
Speaker 5: I bet that stick doc to stick the guy was gonna buy for one hundred and eighty.
Speaker 4: I bet it's got liquid in it.
Speaker 5: And when it'll tell you to freeze it and then you start stirring regular water with the frozen stick.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Let's talk, Paul. Have you ever heard of these sticks they're selling and they claim that it structures your water, which is better hydration and better for health. Paul, doubting waterpros dot Net.
Speaker 23: Yeah, it's all it's all bullocks to me, Tom, because basic water or acidic water is absorbed faster in your body than anything that's elevated in pH and water is in our gain it so there's no minerals that are absorbed from water. Water is strictly for flushing, cleaning out the body that's.
Speaker 4: Shit so and hydrating, right, yeah, obviously. So what I want to know, Paul, is have you heard of structured water?
Speaker 23: No, I've never heard of structured water. I mean, I've heard of alkaline water, which is which is not proven technology, But structured water, I never heard of it.
Speaker 4: It was I want you to look it up and maybe give us a report on it. It's called if you if you look at it. According to my girlfriend, the father of this structured water. The researcher was doctor Gerald Pollock p O. L L A c K. He suggested that water could exist in a distinct semi crystalline state in certain environments. I don't know anyway. He says that it alters the molecular arrangement and helps to enhance hydration. And it says some beliefs structured water holds more energy and supports optimum health.
Speaker 23: I got I bet that right there. To me, when you talk about that, that last paragraph, that sounds funny to me. The only thing that water's proven to do is if you uses your kidneys your it helps with your pancras.
Speaker 10: It helps with the.
Speaker 23: Spleen in your lever. It's a rinsing agent. And a lot of people that don't drink enough water have kidney stones, gallstones, and they even can get urinary track infections because they're not drinking enough water.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but but I've I've been told this by many doctors, Paul, that proper hydration for brain function is a must.
Speaker 23: Absolutely so acidic water water, This acidic is absorbed by think about this. Before dator rade, people used to tell you to drink pickled juice because of the vinegar. So it's the cinity aspect that much is what the stomach acid is, which basically absorbs in. Warm water actually is a lot better for you than cold water. Warm water, you know, you absorb quicker for hydration. Cold water may cool you down, but for a quicker you know, hydration to crunch the thirst, warm water is a lot better for you.
Speaker 4: So okay, all right, it says water isn't water is actually necessary. I'm look reading this of course for brain cells and neurons and for maintaining the proper volume because your brain is seventy water.
Speaker 23: Absolutely correct, that's it. We should be drinking in at least a gallon in my opinion, at least a gallon of water a day.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 23: You can't drink too much water and drowned, believe.
Speaker 26: It or not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, those that's been done at colleges when they take that. Uh, I don't know. There's some drug that makes you drink water like crazy.
Speaker 4: But what Paul was saying is essentially right here as well. It's used to clean the body out of waste and to restore elasticity and volume. So it takes the old and replaces it with the new. That's stupid. Well no, that's science, mart whether you like that or not. That's actually a medical scient that's better for you. Well yeah, because what you're doing is you're hydrating. That's what true hydration.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I'm still thinking of that magic stick.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, we're not talking about that. Sorry, we're talking about regular water. And by the way, speaking to that, Paul, thank you very much for mine, because that reverse osmosis water. Some of the best waterpros dot net go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped off news need so you don't have to.
Speaker 2: Come run anxious as fast as we can show Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No Tom Martine, Welcome, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: The only show if it's kind.
Speaker 5: We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. We want to make your life just a little bit better. You've been ripped off for taking advantage of this. It's my friends, is to show for you as you know, it's car Dake, Kevin Colkin in the house, Jeff Vick, Jesse Schillinger. Welcome, gentlemen. What is going on in the car business real quick?
Speaker 7: Well, well, we were saying earlier, it's just as busy as ever ever ever. People are taking care of cars that normally they may have offt which is simply because of replacement costs.
Speaker 4: Jesse told me, you're you're at your best year ever this year.
Speaker 17: Yeah, we're killing it.
Speaker 4: It's unbelievable. The used car market is so high.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's terrible.
Speaker 17: It's it's people are bringing their cars out and fixing them instead.
Speaker 4: It's just kind afford all right, Tommy. You know, I think Mark, as we've always talked about, the biggest problem in the car business truly, is that people don't keep them long enough for that upside downness to even out. When you first buy, you're okay. If you buy wrong, you're never okay. But when you first buy, even a normal deal, there's a point at which you're going to be upside down. There's a point where it evens out. And I really tell this to people, especially parents, if you're buying for your kids, or if they're buying a car, even if they saved up the money, it is their road to ruin when they start that negative equity thing, because you guys know how it works. Somebody wants really badly a car, they get it, they get tired of it, or they see something want better, and this car's not paid off. So they got to take that negative and they got to put it into the next deal, which makes them even more prone to be an upside down in the next deal. And it just gets bigger and bigger and bigger. Right, And so as that happens, what you have is you have a situation where you're buried, and the only way to get out of it, this is my thought. You guys tell me the only way to get out of it is to either get a brand new car and trade the negative equity in on a zero percent financing deal when they have these specials, or and then keep it or keep the one you have until it's paid off. Do you guys have any thoughts on that?
Speaker 11: Yeah, but everybody, it's so emotionally attached to cars at times. I think that's their biggest.
Speaker 4: I think just the opposite. I think just the opposite, Kevin. I think.
Speaker 11: I mean, when they're buying the car, they're emotionally looking at the new car as opposed to the reasonability of keeping the car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, now we can have more discussion on that. I'd like to know what people have done in the past to get out of that negative equity, snowballer, if they had a kid doing it. Mark never let his kids do it because he took control and showed him how to build equity and sell at the right time. But there's not a parent of lie that does that that I know of other than him. Mike, you have a comment on structured water, then we'll go back to Paul the waterman. Go ahead, Mike, Yeah, Tom.
Speaker 14: I actually I'm a handyman in a plummer and I had some really neat customers and anyway, she got to reading this stuff about the structured water or whatever. And it is just a little tube about the size of an eye dropper for one hundred and eighty seven bucks. It doesn't go in the freezer or anything else.
Speaker 4: It's stupid.
Speaker 14: Twist it around in the glass and it's supposed to make the water molecules the line. But that's just the first step. The next one is and I put one in for this nice lady. It's a whole house magic water maker and it's yeah, it's like I better, oh an ad. It's long brass tube that just hooks right into your man, like you know, and there's no baffles, there's no magnetism, there's no nothing. It's just a hollow damn fat tube.
Speaker 4: Is that crazy? How much did you charge this lady to install it?
Speaker 14: Well, I'm pretty nice guy. I only charger seventy five bucks because I mean, okay, you know a couple of couplings and stabbing it into the main line.
Speaker 5: Meantime you're scratching your head and there's nothing in it.
Speaker 14: Nothing and nothing, nothing, nothing nothing, not a baffle, not a magnet, not a nothing. Yeah, but just to say, oh, I read the literature.
Speaker 5: How much did she spend on it?
Speaker 14: She just shy of a thousand bucks?
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hey, I see a trouble.
Speaker 11: What is it?
Speaker 4: I want to look up the I want to look up this stick. What is it called magic water stick?
Speaker 14: Yeah? I think it's something like that. Just look up structured water and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did, but I can't find this stick. Is it called bend over and let me never mind?
Speaker 14: Well, that would pretty much be what most folks should call it. But it's kind of like if it's the wholeless ebo thing. I think, you know, if you think it makes you feel better, you feel better.
Speaker 6: Oh my, the wall.
Speaker 14: I have drank the water with the magic stick and also going through the whole house thing. And it tastes just like the well long.
Speaker 4: It might taste the same. But let me ask you this. Are you healthy?
Speaker 14: I'm a sixty four year old palmer man. I'm fat and ugly and everything else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that water might have kept you alive. And hold on a second. Are you you've been plumbing for your entire career?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I got my journeyman's license when I was twenty one.
Speaker 4: Have you no what I once showed your butt crack?
Speaker 14: Who hasn't seen my butt crack?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 4: You know what I Mike, I can't believe that's the one that's the one stereotype that works. And here's what I don't understand. I mean you, guys, here's the one thing I don't and I mean this sincerely. Now. They've never made adequate tools or or arrests or supports for plumbers. When you're up under the sink and you need to use two hands, but if you can't lean on your elbows, you have to have incredible core strength. I'm very serious. I'm not fooling around. And if you can't do that, you need to make a They need to make a wedge kind of thing so you clean out under the sink. You put that wedge in there so you can support yourself and use both hands. Am I telling the truth or what?
Speaker 14: Well? You got to understand. Like all plumbers, I have a pretty big core, even though I'm not a very tall man. But they do actually make that device you're talking about. I always just took an iron in board and stuck it in there so I didn't have to sit there and try and bridge while I'm laying on my back.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, because really, the one frustration I've had whenever doing any plumbing where it's underneath something is because I want both hands, but one is always supporting me and otherwise I'm down on my back and I'm trying to reach up. It's a pain in the ass. And by the way, that goes for almost anything, like like we get under a car, under an airplane, under anything, you need support. You need proper support and propping up. And I'm looking right here.
Speaker 5: On Amazon they have the Plumber's pad for service and it goes in.
Speaker 4: It's exactly what you're imagining.
Speaker 15: Time.
Speaker 4: Oh my, hey, thank you man for calling. Hey Kevin and you guys Kevin and you guys, I mean Jeff and Jesse. When you guys are like under a dasher somewhere where you're kind of upside down, feet in the air. It's a pain in the end. What do you do to support yourself? Do you put padding in there? What do you do sending their employees? Yes, I'm talking about at one time when you used to actually work.
Speaker 11: There's not enough room to put anything in there.
Speaker 7: No, you just where you actually pull the seat out just so you can get room.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now, wait a minute, I'm gonna tell you, guys, that's that's not true. I had a little tiny sport plane cockpit that I had to get. You have to get in order to get behind the dash, you have to put your feet out the windows, and you have to put your you have to lay down upside down. You got to lay on your back with your head up under the dash right the panel. I swear to you, it's so what did I do? You're not gonna believe this. I bought a beach ball and an electric pump, and I got it in their flat, laid down and pumped it up right to where I needed my support. So you see, if somebody just could invent something like that, there'd be roomful.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you, look at the one. It's called the plumber's pad.
Speaker 4: I see. Yeah, but what they're saying is true. It's too big. You need something that grows. And I know, Mark with you, that's a hard concept. But but you need something you can inflate. See. I never I never make fun of you or your age. All right, anyway, So here's the deal. People, if you have a problem, question or complaint, give us the call. We truly are solving problems. And I want to talk about some stuff in the news today. I saw a meme. I don't know what you guys think of it. It says this fun fact American made products don't get stuck on a dock or cargo ships. Kind of cool, you know what? Yeah, of course. Okay. Now, as far as the strike, it's over, right, I'm I told it's over. They're going back.
Speaker 11: That's what I saw.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've got a tentative agree, you have a long agreement. Okay. Now, And in the news I looked up some stuff here. I'm trying to find it that was incredible. I'm where is the story? Hold on, I'm going to switch my windows and find this story. Oh oh, okay, Now I'm not gonna say anything I'm just gonna say what the actual story is. There is an alarming rate of heart attacks in young, healthy adults between eighteen and thirty five years old, one in four heart attacks, which has never happened before, and the rise started in twenty twenty one. Now, I swear to God. Back in the day, when people were getting censored and knocked off of social media, they were saying this was going to happen for a reason. They were talking about the vaccine. Now that this news is coming out, do you think they're there are any agencies ever that put any connection together. There were health people who lost their licenses for suggesting this, young healthy adults dropping dead from heart attacks. By the way, when I say young and healthy, healthy in every other way, they're fit, they're not overweight, their blood chemistry was fine, and they dropped dead. Why, Now, here's the deal. I'm not a vaccine conspiracy thinking. You know they're out to kill the population all that. Nobody intended to do that. But I think to CDC, in fact, I know they do. They actually say there is a risk of mayo. I'm reading it now, Mayo carditis money inflammation of the heart of the heartlining right, and I'm here. They acknowledge it now, But did they know we have had more more widespread inflammation of the heart and heart attacks in young people than ever in history. Now, come on, man, I mean just say but just by the way, just today, I get an email and it's saying, basically, I'm gonna tell you what. It basically says. It's from the government, the Colorado Department of Health, get your COVID flu vaccine. And basically it's saying, you're an old fart and it's going to keep you from dying. But it's it's meant for everyone, but it says especially you, you old fart. You know, because it's it's addressed to me. Did you know they're sending out emails for this?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I got mine in a text.
Speaker 4: I didn't get one.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you're not sixty five. And once you shot up for Medicare, you're on that list.
Speaker 4: What is that story? Seriously, what is that story? People dying from heart attacks at a young age When all of these influencers that got kicked off of social media and ostracized by the Democrats for suggesting this could happen, and it's happening. Exactly what they said is happening, and there's more premature death. The death rate is dropping, not the death rate, the age. I mean, is it a coincidence that that's what I'm asking. I'm truly asking. I'm not trying to be a fearmonger or some kind of idiot. I'm asking a true question. It's not like I'm making this stuff up. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. Three o three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. As we round the corner, we have no callers, which gives us time to discuss important stuff. And I have some Let me go to my text here. Somebody wants to know, is it true there is a structured gasoline stick you can throw in your gas tank and never have to fill up. Now that's collabor Okay, Now, Tom, all of this stuff you're talking about is not because of the vaccine. It's because of long COVID. So really those are probably people who were not vaccinated soon enough. Of course, there's always going to be nuts who believe that crap, always, always, always, no matter what, everything's covid. Someone mentioned a drug that will make you drink too much water and then gim isn't it ecstasy? Yeah? I think that Isn't that or something? I don't know, but that's what the guy wanted me to know. I'm sure to see it's ecstasy. Somebody else wants to know about Amazon. Would they have been affected.
Speaker 1: By the.
Speaker 4: Strike. Everybody would have been, okay. Another one called about safer net and said the old app didn't work, but they downloaded a new one. They still are around. It does work SaferNet dot com. It is working, and he's says, please don't tell people that it does not work. Now have you ever had mark either on YouTube or one of the social media sites or texting through you know, the troubleshoot or whatever. A text war. I'm having a text war with someone. This guy thinks you know where. He just won't shut up, and he has to have the last word.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, we used to have a deputy. I don't care what you would say. You could end it. I'm sick and tired of texting. Do not text me anymore. Go away, And he'd have to text back okay or something, no matter what he had. You know who I'm talking about, Tom, Not one time. Did he ever, ever ever stop texting? First ever?
Speaker 11: Okay, did you stop?
Speaker 4: Do you remember that?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 4: Hell no, I didn't stop. We're still texting. It started a year ago. What so, what's this about you're dealing with? Here's what he said. Here's what he said. I have an idea that will change the construction industry and make all of us rich.
Speaker 5: I bet is it the guy that was gonna put the snow machine on the outside of a window to make it look like it's always snowing.
Speaker 4: No, okay, but listen to this, he says. Okay, so here's what he says. He really means this. Let's share the dough. Okay, let's share the dough. And so he feels now that if he gives me this idea, he wants ten percent, and then I have to sell the idea. Here's what it is, literally, he tells me, because and the reason I'm sharing it is because it's not proprietary. He says, take recycled materials and foam and make four by eight our value paper covered super light gypsum drywall panels that are taped and mudded and fastened like dry wall, but are very lightweight and have more insulating properties. Imagine what you would save on transportation costs, construction, et cetera. And I said, he says, Marchino, yes. And I said, okay, listen, I said, you have what many people have. They're called concepts. You have no idea how to manufacture. You have no idea about the process. You have no idea about the materials. You have no idea how to market. You have no idea. There is no process, there is no patent bowl item. It is an idea. It's kind of keep getting. It's kind of like the guy that told me one time, Mark, Remember this guy. He was so pissed to me. He says Tom, I have an idea I want to make. I want the airplane seats to automatically cocoon passengers like a shell upon a crash or disabling of the aircraft, so when it crashes, these seats can be retrieved and you opened up and you're in there. And I said, okay, how do you make it? Well, they cocoon, Okay, like this guy, Well, let's just make these lightweight insulating panels that have the strength of drywall and look like drywall. Okay, Well, anyone can say anything. I mean, you know what I'm saying. How about this, I want to make a car that's electric, but it's not only electric, but it'll make coffee and it'll scratch my butt what and it flies? Yeah. Yeah. What I'm saying is concepts are not intellectual property. They're not intellectual property. And I told the guy, I said, it's not a million dollar idea. It is a concept. And then he says, well, yeah, here's another million dollar idea. Make a hard plastic or bamboo grocery cart. Okay, bamboo grocery cart or or or basket instead of bags. Okay, I said, same problem. I says, what about a titanium tank, you know. I mean, I'm just trying to show the guy you can throw out concepts all day long.
Speaker 5: So there's an episode of Seinfeld where Kramer reads in the paper on the top of this gigantic building they finally renovated it and created a restaurant, and he goes, that was my idea five years ago. I should get paid on that, And Jerry says something like, yeah, you had the idea five years ago, but you didn't have the twenty million dollars in a way to put it together.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: So the guy comes back. I says, what don't you get, Tom, You laminate recycled plastic and foil and foam and cover it with paper on both sides, like drywall. What's not to get? I do like that guy's airline seat thing though the cocoon. I sure, sure, just yeah, how do you do it? I have no idea? What made up? I don't know.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, they do it with the black boxes. Why not make those seats out of whatever, those black bodies and.
Speaker 4: It would be so heavy I could the plane would get off the ground. Well, you make it bigger, he says. The new drywall could be easily patented. Well, you know what, pal go and patent it. Then would you text me that guy's stuff. I kind of like his idea? Oh shut up? And then he says he has other ideas. He says, you know why the drywall is with me? He says, please name a new invention that's not just a general idea. Okay, the tesla car. I mean, what I'm saying is there's a difference to No, you really do know what I'm talking about, right, There's a difference between just throwing out an idea and then having a concept that you can actually develop. You know what the materials are going to be, the process it's got. They won't let you patent just an idea.
Speaker 5: He is right in this though. I mean, most things do start off as an idea. But the idea is worthless. It doesn't matter. It's nothing more than an.
Speaker 4: Idea, Okay. And so let me know another non general, multimillion dollar idea, sir. It's not that I'm saying an idea is not worth anything. It's worth investigating. And then you do. You don't sell that idea. Who's gonna buy the idea? Oh yeah, okay, here, you're in for ten percent. We're going to put in one hundred million dollars or more to find out how to do it, if it even can be done. And you don't think they're already trying to make lighter weight panels and more insulating properties of building materials. Please respond, I need to know what great invention did not start with a general idea. And see, that's not what I said. You can't patent a general idea. The invention would change the entire building industry, he says. And then he as an additional. People don't like goofy polist grocery bags, so he thinks these bamboo baskets would be better. And then he says, you think Elon Musk will get there, get where? I don't know where. I don't know. Product development is a new idea. You see he keeps saying that it was an idea. That an idea does not lead to an invention. That's not what I said. I said, you can't have just an idea. Who is this guy? I don't know. I mean, I just have his phone number. I don't know who he is. He's on the air right now. He's a moron. Let's get him on three three seven to one three. Well, we could let him pitch the idea to the audience. Yeah, come on, anyway, we have a comment real quick, Rick, go ahead, what's your comment? Yes, Rin, thanks.
Speaker 26: For having me on. Yes, I really believe it's because kids, you know, they have recesses and stuff in kindergarden and stuf and then they once they start getting in the social media, they don't get any exercise, they don't work out, so their heart can't take it when they have to go through high school or college.
Speaker 4: Hmm, too much screen time. Well maybe maybe maybe kids are just getting you're Maybe you're right.
Speaker 5: Maybe they just Jeff said something that's very true.
Speaker 7: You've had NFL athletes and whatnot also just literally drop on the field twenty years something, people in the prime athletic condition.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I just don't get it, man. It's it's more than ever, too, more than ever you didn't have well, you know, I mean obviously as a population we've gotten healthier over time, then we've gotten down the healthier. But you know, Rick, you're right though a lot of young people are more unhealthy and they're taxing themselves. We have more coming right up, Nick and John stick around. We'll answer your questions. Hi, Tom Martino, your trouble. Let's talk to Nick who has a question on Subaru service. Nick, what's happening?
Speaker 25: Hey, Tom? Uh, I'm just coming up on my sixty K service and I was just wanting to know what all really needs to be done and what what are the what's the dealers going to try.
Speaker 20: And upsell me on?
Speaker 4: Okay, doesn't your owner's manual? Doesn't it specify what needs to be done? What kind of car is it? It's a twenty twenty Subaru Forester, do you think guys?
Speaker 17: Yeah, Uh's gould do for a lot of fluids every thirty so the sixty K is gonna be a big one. They also have spark plugs, depending on which engine's in there. But he's right, your Owner's man you should have a lot of that in there so that you don't get taken advantage of.
Speaker 24: Okay, I was.
Speaker 25: Reading online that spark plugs don't need to be changed for like one hundred uh, one hundred thousand miles.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: They also called a lifetime transmission fluid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but don't you listen, man, those are cheap, cheap things to do compared to the life of a vehicle. Hey, Nick, are you I mean, let me ask you, guys, Jesse, do you do like Kevin does he even if a car is under warranty or if a car has regular service, you can still do the regular service. You don't have to go to a dealer, right, absolutely.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, most people do. I mean, where are you locate?
Speaker 4: Where? Well, a lot of them go to the dealer because they think they have no choice. Now that my beamer's out of warranty, it's going over to Kevin or down. Well, Jeff probably doesn't want to do regular service on it. He's probably shaking his head right now for me to get the hell out. But in any case, Nick, where do you where are you located?
Speaker 25: Well, that's my next question is I'm located up in Silverthorns, So I don't know if you guys have any experts up there.
Speaker 4: Well, no, but Kevin Calkin is right down the road, Well, right down the road he's on you know, Colfax West is just the bottom of the hill. Yeah, yeah, Okay, it's worth it's worth the trip for serious service. It's better than going to a dealer. You'll save money and he can do all of that service, so you can do Kevin, if he takes a subrew to you and says, here's my sixty mile check, you know what to do, bait. You'll look it up right exactly.
Speaker 11: And the whole idea is to do things before they need him, not when they need him. That's why you know you don't need to do spark plugs. Well, not absolute, but you want to do maintenance before you have a problem. That's the whole purpose of the service.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 11: If you want to wait till you have failure, then don't do the service.
Speaker 4: Hey, Jesse, do you have a lot of people in the Springs area that come to you instead of a dealer for their regular service? Yeah? Absolutely, yea. And see, a lot of people are under the impression that when their car is under warranty they have to go to a dealer.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: In fact, the Automotive Association has a lot of lobbyists to fight any time the manufacturers want to do that.
Speaker 7: The Right to Repair Act actually put that back into the consumer's hand yep.
Speaker 4: Now, if you want to get a warranty part because it's worn out, then a good mechanic will say, hey, listen, I'll take care of this, this and this, but take this back to the dealer, right, keb Right's.
Speaker 17: Part of what we're looking for.
Speaker 11: We sent key Is and Hundai's all the time with the engines and a warranty. We sent him back to Keia Hundai.
Speaker 5: Does that Subaru that he's talking about, does that have a timing belt and would that be do at sixty?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 11: The timming about usually you know the seven day ninety five on the suber U up to hundred.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep. Okay, let's talk here, John. What's going on with you?
Speaker 1: John?
Speaker 4: I got to take a break, but I want to get started. What's going on?
Speaker 24: Tom?
Speaker 27: Okay, take this at face value. My son went through a divorce ten years ago. His wife has been fighting with him over visitation. She got the courts to tell him that you can't.
Speaker 8: You can only see.
Speaker 27: Your kids in supervise visitations. So just take that at face value.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 27: At the beginning of school he wanted me to He asked me if I would drop off a card and a snack to each of his daughters. So I met them in the school lobby.
Speaker 4: Hey, can I hold on? I got to take a break, but I may I jump forward? Did he violate some kind of no contact order because of that. No, okay, come on back, We'll come hang on, I don't I want you to have time on the other side, hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All right, I'm Tom Martino. Let's go to John. Hey John, Okay, so your son can only have supervised visits for his kids after a nasty divorce, and he asked you to drop some stuff off at school for him. What happened? Then the.
Speaker 27: Executive director of the school sent me a letter copied this local police and a lot of people in the school barring me from any from Basically, it was a no trespassed letter because I was giving information to his daughters against the court order. So my question is does he have the authority to bar me in a case like that? And you know what does that constitute libel?
Speaker 4: Now, technically, I think he doesn't have the right to arbitrarily ban you, just him unless he feels you present a danger. He's not supposed to interpret at the law and say you're violating a no contact order and all of that crack.
Speaker 5: I don't know if he has any right to see those kids though, that's more of the real issue. Well, hold on, show up and I want to see Kevin's kids.
Speaker 4: That's true. That's true in a way. You can't just show up and see your grandkids unless you're on a list.
Speaker 27: You know, I was just at the front door, basically standing right there. No trouble.
Speaker 4: Let's get an expert on Monday. Yeah, I want to get an expert for you. Really, We'll get a family law expert and an attorney on Let's do this on Monday. I think it's well worth a discussion to see if your rights were violated. I'm not sure about libel. We'll talk about that. I'm Tom Martine. I want to say thank you to all my car experts, honest, accurate auto and Colorado Springs Kimmeer transmission and shared an Auto Tech. And remember, folks, I say this and I mean it. Save all your problems for me