Speaker 1: Show time is here. No time to fear.
Speaker 2: Corilla is so near because show time is here.
Speaker 3: So on with the show.
Speaker 2: Let's give it a go.
Speaker 3: Carilla is the one that you need to know.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: It's show sign.
Speaker 4: All right in just sixty seconds. The most fabulous I mean he's really something. The best, most fabulous host will be here. He just tells the truth all the time, bigly. And he's funny, this guy. Have you heard him? Yeah, he's funny and smart, smart and funny, not like those nasty people on lamestream media. So don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: He's almost here.
Speaker 4: I know he doesn't speak well of me, and that's okay because I mean he's really quite fabulous.
Speaker 3: Oh shoes sig By some accounts it is the third biggest killer in the United States, but we never talk about it. Well, today I am going to also the Golden Dome that Donald Trump wants China doesn't. We'll talk about that. And I want to lose weight.
Speaker 1: But on my old fashion, uncensored, unfiltered, un hinged. E's CUELL cast listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 3: It is the Crowdcast. I am correl on this Wednesday, May twenty first, So glad you are here with me, YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, whether it's iHeartMedia or Apple Music, Spotify, however you're here, I'm glad you are. Also, if you'd like to chat with me live, you can leave a comment on TikTok or at YouTube dot com. Forward slash really Correl. Exciting news this Friday in the twelve o'clock hour on KGAY in Palm Springs they are going to play do You Want to Funk? During the DJ Galaxy Show. Very excited that Palm Springs Radio is going to be playing my song. DJ Galaxy is a great supporter. I'm going to record a drop for him later today. So Friday, twelve noon Pacific, stream kgay no matter how you want to stream it, and you'll be hearing the radio debut, the West Coast radio debut of my song Do You Want to Funk? A remake of the classic Sylvester tune, which you can go watch the video for right now at YouTube dot com. Forward slash really Correl. My name is spelt Ka r El. Medical mistakes, by some accounts, are the third largest killer in the United States. Even if you don't go with those studies, If you go with a very conservative study, they still kill one hundred thousand people a year, or three times three times more than guns, three times more than auto accidents. I learned this firsthand on this day, May twenty first. In two thousand and one, on May twentieth, Andrew Howard, the Late Andrew Howard, and myself had been out at Gay Pride Festival in Long Beach, which back then was fun. I hear this year it was a disaster and everything was fine. I was a little too drunk the day before, so I was on drinking detention. Andrew was not. We had seen Dame Edna earlier that day at the teeny tiny shoe of a theater. Oh, TikTok, you're not getting any audio. I should fix that. Huh, I should fix that. Sorry about that. I need to fix this, people, I do. I need to fix it. Gotta fix it, got to got to gotta fix it. Gotta fix it now it talk need some audio, Gotta fix it now there it is. Sorry about that, TikTok. Oh, Well we'll learn anyway. So May twentieth we saw day Dna went through Krispy Kreme. Andrew was all boof, boof, and we had a great day. We went home. He cooked shrimp scampy at two in the morning in just an apron nothing on underneath. We danced to Abba Chicken Teak Chicka, Teita Da Da Da Da, danced around the living room. Now, I thought I was getting laid that night, And when he didn't come right to bed, I got a little miffed because he was drunk and I wasn't, and you know how that is. And I went to bed. At four o'clock in the morning, Andrew woke me up and he had been vomiting, and he said, I'm having a heart attack. And Andrew was thirty four and in fabulous health outside of having HIV. He was on a drug study for the proteace inhibitors for Quicksiville it would become Kricksavan, but at that point we had hadn't heard of cardiac side effects. So he woke me up and said, I'm having a heart attack. Now, I of course yelled at him and said, no, you're not having a heart attack, You're just drunk. And he said, no, Chuck, I'm having a heart attack. So my friend Larry Flick was there at the house with us for Pride weekend. I got up. I said, well, then we're going to the hospital. I want me to call nine one one. He said no, let's just leave. So we go and I said goodbye to Larry because he had an early flight. We go, get in the car. We're driving and I'm driving. There's Saint Mary's Hospital. I'm all, let's go there. He goes, no, this is major. We need to go to the big hospital. Let's go to Memorial. We go to Long Beach Memorial. Andrew walks in and he has a seizure. I had never seen a grandma seizure before. He had never had one before. So he falls to the ground, convulsing and having a seizure. The nurses behave very laxa daisily, acting like it's really nothing. No alerts, no nothing. They just call for a gurney. They get him on the gurney. They bring him to a room and I'm telling them he's telling me he's having a heart attack, and they're like, well, well, you know, we're gonna you got to give us a history. So they kept insisting that he was doing drugs. He was not, except alcohol and the aids drugs, but they insisted. They're like, well, he had to have done something, maybe when he was away from you, and I laughed. I said, that man hasn't been away from me in eleven years. But I knew something was wrong. They weren't taking this seriously. I would later confirm that they were treating us like two drugged out gays on Gay Pride weekend. That prejudice was already in play, and that can happen to you when you go to the er. They can be prejudiced if you're a woman, if you're black, if you're poor. So he gets to the er, he has a seizure. I immediately start trying to call people because I feel like something's not going right here. I start calling people, David Hall, Candy and Scott. I start calling everybody. I need help. We need to get him out of here. We need to get him to a major medical center. Something's going going on in that timeframe. They did an EKG which clearly said abnormal. Uh, but you know pretty much nothing. He's crying out in pain. They haven't given him any pain meds. They haven't given him an aspirin. They've given him nothing. I go tell him, you know that I'm trying to get him out of there. And get him something like to cedars, and he, of course says, if you're going to be dramatic, go wait in the lobby because I was crying, you know, telling him I love him and all of that. So then after over an hour of him being there, they take him to the scanner and I'm like, what are you scanning his heart? And they said, no, his head, And I said, but he says, he's having a heart attack. Well we think it's the seizure. And I'm like, his EKG is abnormal, and they're dismissing me. It's five in the morning. Now they're changing, you know, they're dismissing me. So they bring him into the CT scanner and I wait outside the door and suddenly I hear that seizure noise again, and I rush in and I go, he's having another seizure and the lady says, no, he's snoring. He just fell asleep on the table. I go, I think that man does not snore. I sleep, this is a seizure. So I run around from the CT area back to the er and I literally grab a doctor and a nurse by the hand hard and drag them with me back to the CT room. They go in. The next thing, I know, they're calling a code and they're calling a crash cart. I didn't think it was for Andrew. Suddenly the crash cart goes into the CT I follow it. There he is them pounding on his chest doing just like in the movies, shocking him. He rises up in the air. There's a large black man doing compressions on his chest. He's bruising around where they're doing the compressions. They asked me if they should stop? Can you imagine they've discounted me the whole night. Haven't taken us seriously? Now, that's say should stop? I was. I couldn't believe what was going on. I couldn't believe it. Want to support the Corell cast, then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really Correll channel. Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash really Correll, that's kr e L and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 1: If you're not visiting really Corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at Reallycorrell dot com.
Speaker 3: Thirty Americans die every hour. Thirty Americans die every hour from medical mistakes. My late husband on this day twenty four years ago. Was one of them. They're pounding on him, they're shocking him. They're arguing about amps of epi or amps of this. They asked me, should we stop. I'm all, no, crack his chest, get somebody in here. I walk over to him and I whisper into his ear. You know this is going to make a really interesting show on Monday. And I'm sure that this has all been quite scary. But I really need you to come back now. I need you to wake up. I need this to not be happening. You can't be gone, he was. They finally stopped. Karen got there and found me and said, where's Andrew. And I said to her, I think he's dead, and she was like, that's impossible. And I pull her inside the room where he is, and there he was dead. They sat me in a room. A doctor came to tell me he thinks it was a pulmonary embalist. That will never really know for sure. I tell the doctor it was a heart attack. He said it was a heart attack. We said it was a heart attack. You never did anything. You never treated us like he was really sick. Then the police show up. I thought the police were there to arrest the doctor. I really did. Meanwhile, all of his other family is coming, and I've been on the phone, and I really thought the police were there to arrest the doctor. But no, they were there to maybe arrest me because it was a suspicious death. The rest of the day became a blur. I knew that what happened at that ar was wrong. I knew that they made mistakes. I knew it in my heart, and I knew that had they taken Andrew seriously and me, that he would be alive. I was denied the chance to prove that ye when his parents dropped out of the lawsuit that I filed because domestic partners didn't have the right to sue. So Michael Lauda, a lawyer in Long Beach, took my case anyway, and it took us six years, but I changed the law in California so domestic partners could have the right to sue, and they settled with me out of court for five figures, not six five. We couldn't go to trial because if the jury, if just one juror thought that our relationship wasn't real. This was before gay marriage. This is two thousand and one, then we would lose, so I took the I can't give you the exact amount, but it's between fifty and seventy. I took the between fifty and seventy which was left over from paying the law, and went my way, knowing that the changing of the law would mean a lot to Andrew. And I became a huge, outspoken critic of the medical establishment and how it's called the medical practice because they just haven't gotten it right. Yet. Thirty people an hour in this country die because a doctor or a nurse makes a mistake. Another twenty people per hour are permanently disabled because a doctor or a nurse makes a mistake. With Andrew's case, their mistake was not paying attention to the EKG, not paying attention to the patient. He did die of a blood clot in his heart, even aspirin would have helped him. The seizures were the blood clot moving and blocking blood. They never did any diagnostic testing, an angiogram nothing. Had they, they would have found it. You have got to be your own advocate in the hospital, and if you are incapacitated, you must, I repeat must bring someone with you. In the ICU. Four weeks ago, I refused medications when I was in the hospital with the shingle. Look what the shingles vaccine did to me, gave me shingles, meningitis, put me in the hospital. Now I've got muscle fisticulations and the doctors act like that's not even a thing, Like, oh, that's so rare. Medical mistakes are real, and they kill hundreds of thousands of people a year. Now, I'm not saying don't quote trust your doctor. That's not what I'm saying. I am saying that question. Everything be a pain in the ass. It's your healthcare. Google every drug that they're gonna give you before you take it. Don't just take what they hand you and go here. No, Google every drug they give you before you take it. Even in the hospital, especially in the hospital. Often in the hospital there's three doctors seeing you that don't even talk to each other. One time in the hospital, my mother was so overprescribed that they thought she had a stroke and it wasn't. They had just given her too much medication. You have got to be your own advocate or a friend's advocate. And yes, that means you must learn everything you can about your conditions. Because I'm telling you doctors make mistakes, nurses make mistakes, and people die, thirty of them an hour from these mistakes. I can never get Andrew back. He would be alive today with his HIV if they hadn't made the mistakes and killed him at Long Beach Memorial and his primary care doctor, Kushian I tried. I was the squeaky wheel. I was screaming at the top of my lungs. It was five in the morning. I was trying to get medical transport there to transport him to seaters. I knew something was wrong. I couldn't convince them, and there were prejudices. It was gay Pride weekend. We were gay. He was drunk. They were seeing a lot of queers come in that had, you know, reactions to various drugs they had done or medications they had taken. So they thought he was just another one of those. Nothing I could do would convince them that he wasn't a drugged out gay pride mess, that this was real. Er people have prejudices against blacks, against gays, against Hispanics, against poor people, against homeless people. They have their own set of prejudices, and that could cause them to make a mistake. And it did. Don't be one of the one hundred thousands questions everything, Google everything, bring an a, there's the kid with you? When you can't, it's your life. Have to walk out. Don't end up like an or me. I died that day too. Hey, Carrel here, and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons of Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corel Cast, then please go to Patreon dot com forward slash really Corell. That's Patreon dot com forward slash, really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com forward slash really Corel. There's so much great free content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablet. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram. And don't forget the website that's had it all all along, really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support the show through Patreon at Patreon dot com. Forwards last, really Correl, thanks from thirty years of support to the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog. And let's keep the party going as long as we can. So I know that today we should talk about the fact that the ten richest people in America, the ten billionaires that are the richest, last year, gained three hundred and sixty five billion dollars in wealth. Just ten people, ten people in America last year got three hundred and sixty five billion dollars, which is an amount of money you cannot comprehend. Your brain cannot comprehend how much a billion truly is. You will never understand how much money that really is. The money that these top ten made last year. This three hundred and sixty five billion is more than the entire budget of the bottom one hundred countries out of one hundred and eighty six countries. The annual budget of those countries is not three hundred and sixty five billion dollars. And yet they're getting a tax break. This new budget would give them a tax break. That's wrong, and we should be taking a whole lot of that money, but we're not. And I should talk about that. I should talk about this dome that he wants to build using space as a defense shield for the Americas. China doesn't want it. And do we really want to weaponize space? Because if we weaponize space, China and Russia are going to weaponize space. And this is a war we don't want to get into, you know, a space war that we don't want to have, but looks like we're heading for one. I should talk about that. I should talk about that. I want to lose weight, and I'm being pressured into having that wigoviy or zep bound when I kind of want to do it the old fashioned way and just cut calories and lose weight, even though it's hard. I've reached a plateau. I want to be two fifteen. That's what I could eat a ton and be two sixteen and starve and be two thirteen. My body wants to stay right here, so I'm fighting my body. We can talk about people that don't want the shot to lose the weight, but after telling that story and telling you that the third cause of death in America is medical mistakes, I am pleading with you because the medical mistake doesn't just kill the person. I died that night along with Andrew. Everything I knew about my life at that moment changed and was over. KFI took me off Monday through Friday because we were a team, and suddenly they didn't know what to do with me. So my income went from three hundred thousand a year with Andrew combined the two of us three hundred plus thousand a year. That moment he died, my income went to fifty seven thousand dollars. He had no life insurance because people with HIV AIDS can't get a life insurance because they're gonna die like everybody else. My home, my dogs, we were one word. We were Charles and Andrew. That we were never apart in almost twelve years. We were only a part a total of three days, not all at once, a total in twelve years. We were never a part. And that medical mistake didn't just change Andrew's life and ended it ended mine and in some ways I'll never recover. I fell into opiate legal prescribed, but they helped and Benzo's you know, xanax to get through any depressives. My forties, I was a drugged out mess, entitled hurt, fighting an unwinnable lawsuit. I thought it ruined me and I have yet to really recover. I have not dated anybody seriously, anyone that was available in twenty four years when he died in front of me. That was my world because doctors didn't take us seriously. And in the chat at YouTube dot com forward, specially Correll, there's people telling stories where they go into the er, said there's something wrong with their heart. Er says, no, there's not. They leave, they go to the cafeteria. Suddenly they nearly have a heart attack, and then they have to go back to the er. Then suddenly they're taken seriously. There's countless stories out there of people who present for help and don't get it or they get I had the ALS scare and that's one of the most misdiagnosed diseases that there is medical mistakes. You know, we think we have this greatest healthcare system in the world. Well we do, and it can save your life, but you've got to be vigilant. You cannot just lay back and take whatever. When they sent me home from the ICU after the heart thing, these sixty thousand, seventy thousand dollars day with metropilol eloquist, Oh and what other drug, and I called my cardiologists and he said, don't take those drugs. My resting heart rate when I sit down and just watch TV, my heart rates fifty two because I exercise every day. And yet the ER or the ICU sent me home with a drug that would have lowered it into the twenties. I am not a risk for a blood clot. I am sixty two and my only God on my brain, I'm sorry. My only reason they would give it to me is I have a history of hypertension. My CHAD score is only one, so I didn't need Eloquist. And so they are quick to prescribe, they are quick to diagnose. They oftentimes just see you for twenty thirty seconds. They get it wrong all the time, And we'd like to belie that we don't malpractice cases. Ninety percent of malpractice cases are never filed. Only two percent of malpractice cases win. Do you know why I was explained this during my fight, my legal fight. The jury wants to believe in doctors. If a jury sides with the person who says the doctor messed up, then the jury is admitting to themselves that their doctor could mess up. And they don't want we don't hear about medical mistakes. You hear about heart attacks, droke, you hear about all these other causes of death in America. You never hear about medical mistakes, and yet they're the third biggest cause of death, and you don't hear about it because if you knew how many people actually die from a medical mistake, you wouldn't trust the healthcare system. They can't have that because your trust in them makes them billions of dollars between Andrew dying right in front of them, me getting the shingles shot and getting shingles and meningitis. I have zero trust for the medical profession. Now I question everything, So should you don't be me question everything beforehand? I should have questioned that shingles vaccine more I didn't. I should have gotten them out of Memorial I didn't. I beat myself up for decades after. You know, I'm the one that brought him to Memorial, That's where he wanted to go. But survivor guilt. So don't be one of the medical mistakes. Don't let your loved one be one of the medical mistakes. Question. I don't care if you're a pain in the ass. Get second opinions and if someone you love dies and you don't think it was right, get an autop fee, demand one. You have right. You are the patient and you have right. All right. I am corel be who you want to be. London hurt you, buddy. By the way, they didn't test Jobias for prostate cancer because they don't test people of their statist That's fine. Why if they don't they don't test people? All right, We'll see you tomorrow. Much love be fake.
Speaker 1: From a completely different point of view, yours. Listen daily to the.
Speaker 2: Corell cast on your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view.
Speaker 1: Yours.
Speaker 2: Listen daily to the corell cast on your favorite streaming service.