Speaker 1: It is the Jesse Kelly Show. Another hour, final hour of the Jesse Kelly Show. I don't want to waste a single second teasing anything else that's coming. I don't care about anything else that's coming. I'm talking to Buddy Lilly right now, and I'm loving it. Veteran of the Rhodesian Bush War. All right, buddy, you just got over there, you get yourself signed up, and you are leaving. You said, out on a convoy? What does that mean? Why a convoy? Where are you going?
Speaker 2: Went there? I was in Salisbury when I had the first interview with these from this lady from the court, and she sent me to Tali, which is used to be I think a stepping off point when people were going into Mosam Beacon Viiara for at one time it was a vacation spot. But anyway, when I asked her how do I get there? And they said, well, most people hitchhike, and I said, oh cool, I kid you not. We I got a TAXI went to the hitch height spot and you took what you took your place in line. If you understand, you know, the first person there got the first ride that came by, et cetera. Et cetera. And my first ride that I got was with a gentleman, older gentleman who's my age now probably, but back then, uh, and I had a heck of a time understanding him with his heavy English accent, and he had a heck of a time understanding me with my Southern accent, which is pretty much gone now. But it was a nice ride. He told me about, pointed out things. He had a pristine sterling I'm sure you're familiar with that nine millimeter just like a little submachine gun he'd had for years, and with a back of you know, whole bag of magazines. And he just riding down the road by himself, glad to have somebody come along in case they got into a bang bang shoot him up. He let me off at a place called the Sapi, which the Rasapi Rivers won a notable I believe it or not, in the middle of a war. They were doing two breast rafting rafting excuse me down there, which kind of surprised me. So uh. In between there, I had gotten a ride with a gentleman from Bird's Eye Farms. He wanted me, he offered me a job, but again I passed out. Me up because again I wasn't familiar with nothing. So anyway, by the time I got into Asapie, I was getting a little tired of the long comes a I believe it was called a Rhino Army armored army armored vehicle with four young guys in it, and they stopped back up give me a ride. I said, this is very cool. So I'm heading into Salisbury in this and these guys have been called the terrorists, call up Aldust. One was eighteen, they were sixteen, seventeen, eighteen years old, and they took me into town and from there I hooked up at the CID lady and she in turn hooked me up with Anglo American Slash Force Management Service, who hired me and put me on convoy duty, escorting timber trucks believe it or not, in and out of the Tamani many mountains between Talian there.
Speaker 1: Okay, so walk me through convoy duty. What is your job? How many vehicles? What is the danger out there the environment? Walk us to it.
Speaker 2: Okay. I went on as a a gunner with one of them, Mashown, who was carrying the meg you know talking about felt fed, and we drove around we were a We didn't stay in one place in the convoy. We had a little I think it was a a Susan and two guys in the front seat. Me and a micheone are in the back with the seven six y two mag and we may we may ride a mile back from the convoy. We may go up and get in the middle of the convoy. And it was really dangerous because they they would spread out too much. I haven't got a you know, you know what I'm talking about on that, and it was really uncomfortable. They would get hit. After I took over as EXO at one of the companies, but right after I left them, the convoy got hit all but we would go in. We'd leave them tally about one o'clock. We would go into mal Setta, which was where one of the sawmills was at. And then from mel Sta we'd take one truck and go to Tillbury Estate, which was where I would end up being stationed at, and there we would leave an empty track the trailer and pick up one September that been cut come back. They had a hotel there that the company owned. Cross us two bucks a night. We stay there and about six o'clock and the next morning we'd be back on the road back to Tolly get there about eleven o'clock, two hour turnaround and it was back on the road again.
Speaker 1: Buddy, you say again speaking with Buddy Lily, veteran of the Rhodesian Bushmore. You say, after you left, the convoy got hit? What does that mean? What happened to it?
Speaker 3: Who did? What?
Speaker 2: They got ambushed? Was h not far from Melsetta. I'm not I can't remember everything, but it was scattered out and they hit the one of the chase trucks like I was on. Nobody's hurt, but the guys had to give up the truck and get out of the way. They had to hit the bush run. The other guys open fire, and I found out that G three brass line can break the windshield. I don't know if you ever had that experience or not in a rick or not, but brass flying in the windows will break it all. None of the security people were hurt. One of the civilians lost the leg. It blew as hitting below the below the knee and mess him up.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, all right, buddy, you you leave this job? What's your next job? And why did you leave.
Speaker 2: They had they needed an EXO at the security office at teb uh Here it's timberline off. I got Tillbury excuse me, Tillbury Estate where we would we would go into at night. And they asked me if I wanted to do it, and I liked it. It was uh, I was uncomfortable with the way the convoys were acting. And if you tried to control African drivers, forget it. They don't know but one speed and that's fast. They're racing each other, and some things in different countries don't change. So I went there and they asked me if I wanted to stay on. So I went on and had my gear brought up from on Tolly and I took over as number two in charge.
Speaker 1: Buddy, Is that where you stayed for the remainder of the war. Where'd you go from there?
Speaker 2: I stayed right there. I came home on R and R. We can go back and fill in later, but I came home in R and R after the peacekeeping forces came in. And once I got home, I got I got a call. Don't come back until we call you because it wasn't looking real good.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is still I'm assuming nineteen seventy nine, what does.
Speaker 2: Still seventy nine? Yes, sir, I got. I was on the convoys for about ten days. So when they put they asked me if I wanted to take over his XO on the Militia Company or whatever you want to call them. They're all mashona. There were two, myself and the other uh oh, I see he was white, and then the rest of them are all mashona.
Speaker 3: Mashona.
Speaker 1: All right, now we are gonna continue this story, actually right there in a moment mashona, because this is something that's the obviously more appropriate word.
Speaker 3: I believe that I think I called him shana I.
Speaker 1: I don't know whatever, but either way, we're gonna come back with Buddy. We'll find out about these guys. It's just just two white guys all black guys. I told you this wasn't a white versus black thing like our dirty comedy media in this country sold everybody. But we'll be back. Get the rest of Buddy Lily's story. Veteran of the Rhodesian Bush War, hang on. It is the Jesse Kelly Show on a Wednesday. Remember you can email the show Jesse at Jesse Kellyshow dot Com back with Rhodesian Bush War veteran Buddy Lily. Okay, buddy, you take over as XO. Sorry, that's executive officer for any civilian types. You don't understand what that means. You take over as XO of a quote militia company. Were there a lot of those.
Speaker 2: I had, Well, I only had I had sixty mole shown in my company. I used the term militia. They called themselves guards. I had sixty giver take. Some of them stayed at the compounds where the Europeans lived at. We kept two to three there all the time. You know they lived there. I mean they they lived with the families, They ate with the families. They stayed up and guarded them all night long. And we usually we stayed around sixty personnel giver or take all.
Speaker 1: Right, so how are you getting around the country? And what are you doing?
Speaker 3: What? What?
Speaker 1: What are you doing with these Mashona tribesmen that that you're now basically in charge of?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Well, as I mentioned, we had people that stayed at the European compounds where the Europeans lived at White they called them Europeans over there. They were the permanent security, and then we ran uh patrols, mounted patrols, foot patrols, usual, same stuff that you do anywhere else. Make an appearance that let the bad guys know you're here and see if we can get you to come out, which they did come out.
Speaker 3: What kind of fighters were they?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Buddy good, bad idiots, brave.
Speaker 2: To be real honest when I'm gonna tell you I got from some of the guys that I work with, which a couple of them had been Rhodesian light infantry. The hardcore were were you know, the ones that went to Korea or Russia somewhere for training were pretty they were pretty hardcore. But the rest of them were just criminals. They didn't care who the government was. They had an AK forty seven and they could go out and rob, steal, rate, do what they want to and it was all for liberty, you know, to liberate the country. So if that gives you an answer.
Speaker 1: No, it it does. It's not a surprising answer at all. Comedies are always recruiting these dirt balls in any society to go butcher wonderful people. There's no question about it. What was the attitude of the Rhodesians when it came to international things, meaning was their hatred for Britain, for America for selling them out?
Speaker 3: Did they ever bring it up? Did they not care?
Speaker 2: Yes, kind of. I got checked out, vetted. They went through my gear. They thought I was CIA, which I wasn't. I mean, if I was, I would tell you right now. I was on my own and I'm not. As I told one of the guys, I said, mat, if I'm CIA, I'd be here to do something to help you, you know, not ended that Britain. They hated the Brits. Imagine what happened when the British send in people for the peacekeeping force? That was not pretty.
Speaker 3: What happened? What was this peacekeeping force? What happened?
Speaker 2: We're getting a little ahead of ourselves. But when the Lord Carrington, Jimmy Carter, I believe all of them got together and they came up with this plan there was gonna be free elections, which didn't happen. New Zealand, Australia two other countries sent in supposedly peacekeeping forces, which was a laugh because when these guys traveled with our convoys, they traveled a lock and loaded. What does that tell you? But that's why I came home in R and R because we had been we'd been shut down. I couldn't do any patrols. My last patrol, which is a good story, I'll tell that in a minute. But we would shut down. That was it.
Speaker 3: Patrol.
Speaker 2: Well, let me let me if I could let me go into the day by day.
Speaker 3: Routine, please go ahead, please.
Speaker 2: That would work into everything. I hadn't been there too long when, for what reason I never understood, the terriffs would go in there and try and set the forest on fire. It was a timber form. There was a thirty thousand acres of Georgia pines there. That's hard to believe. That they had brought them in years before, and they grew exceedingly fast and healthy up there in the mountains. So we had to go let provide security for the company workers along the saw mill workers who were trying to put the fire out. And that ended up most of the night. About three o'clock in the morning. Uh, my E five in charge, I call it E five. They have one sergeant, one sergeant major, and everybody else were foot soldiers. He came in and a little bit of humor stood at attention in my room and sounded like when you're kippling with his famous Sir, I believe they want you at the fire perfectly. So we hauled but out get down there. Uh the estate managers supervising. This is two or three o'clock in the morning, and they kept setting little fires different places and it weren't burning good, but they were trying to set them. So he told the sergeant and another couple of the macheler to take me to a certain area to get out and fire some rounds so that one group may think that the other group was in contact. Which, okay, that worked, so we did that. We come flying back in through there. I stopped the we were we had what was called Leopard It was supposedly a you know, explosion proof vehicle, and we stopped and there was an explosion. The army had sent a reactionary force from downtown Melsetta, which is a lot of very but besides that, it's not very big. But they had army detachment there and they come up and they hit a mine. I could see first heard an RPG go off which came from the weapon, came from the army vehicle. They fired, and I could a cotton glimpse of some green Tracers, and I hauled at Well, let me go back to my sergeant again and for a little.
Speaker 1: Humor, pause for just a moment, Buddy, I hate to interrupt you a midstory, but we have a heartbreak. We'll come back and we'll go to your sergeant major as you're in the middle of a firefight and land mines and everything else. I hate to interrupt you at this point, but hang on, we're going to commercial. We'll be right back with Buddy Lily hamp on an amazing Wednesday. I'm just nerding out right now with veteran of the Rhodesian bush War, Buddy Lily. I've never done an interview this long on this show. It I'm loving it all right, Buddy. The floor is back to being yours. Got yourself in a firefight. There's RPGs green tracers that means decades, by the way for people who don't know.
Speaker 3: And the floor is back to being yours.
Speaker 2: So my sage, the same one. He stands up behind me. I'm driving and he says, Sir, I believe it is an ambush. And I said, I said, I'm driving, You're in charge. So I had to go up about fifty yards, not even fifty yards, twenty five thirty yards, take a left on the road and I went nose to nose with the army vehicle that and hit the mine to avoid free fire. In between all this, it wasn't funny then, it's funny now. They cut loose with a G three. Oh. I had three guys in the back, two of them had G three's and one of them had a FA and the sageant. They're firing over the top through the canvas, and you know where all the brass is going. Oh, you've been there before.
Speaker 1: I had one down my flack jacket right time.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, I've never just robed so fast in my life.
Speaker 2: Ah. As you know in ambushes, it's over in thirty seconds. When I pulled in, everybody quit firing, and two minutes later everybody's out front. They're shaking. My guys are with the Mashona Army guys. They're shaking hands and exchanging cigarettes. And the driver gets out and he says, oh, you're the yank. I said yes, sir, and he said glad to meet you. You know, he said, this is my fifth mind i've hit. And I looked at him. I said this is the fifth time you've hit of mine. He said, yep, And I said Jesus oh, And I was deaf. I had I was still felt and being burnt. And these guys were just so relaxed, you know, you automatically and drenalin goes down. Everybody's cool. So we went back and had breakfast. What can I.
Speaker 3: Say, Rhodesians? Did you find them to be good troops? Buddy?
Speaker 2: Yes, the ones that I all the guys that I worked with on the convoy, one of them was still active duty from the Rhodesian Rifles. He had been in the bush so long he had months of leaves, so they gave him his lead. He was a sergeant major and he was working for the company while he was on leave. One of the guys had come from RLI and I saw his record. In one month he did twenty seven jumps. How many guys? Many?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 1: Great, That's more than most guys do in their whole career. Buddy, I have to ask you about your last patrol.
Speaker 3: Tell us that story.
Speaker 2: When the King's Keeping Forces came in, the estate manager said, look, we're going to have to quit. We can't go out there. Well about a month prior, we'd had him come into one of the villages, and unfortunately we couldn't catch up with them before they got to the TTL, which is their tribal trust land. We even put a block and force outh and just couldn't get to them. There's a lot more to it, but that just now the two. So with payday coming up, he said, let's go out. He said, go out and let the tears know that we're looking for him anyway, because they like to come into the villages on Payday and help themselves to whatever of money they could get. We were doing a short run. One my point guy looked and picked up a letter. It was a fresh letter, had been opened, but it was a terrorist writing each other back and forth. And he says, they're here. I said, oh great, So I called headquarters. We had radios. They weren't real good, but we called and I said, we're going to follow them. So here we go. I only had two I had five guys with me. I had two canteens of water with me and that was it. And we got on a game trail got going down the hills. First thing I was walking point at the time. First thing I came across as a trip wire. Well it wasn't a trip wire. It was a snare. My guys explained to me that the tears would snare an animal and just leave it and when they needed food next time they come through, they'd kill it, which is I'd get new. Well, you know that slowed us down. We found it was a nice trail, but we found one or two more of those. It's been so long. And we came out of the brush on the side of a hill a little bit and next thing I know, I had my tracker was up front. Stephen was his English name. He was a Mashona and he was like a goat. He can just walk up anything. Jesse. I looked down and there was a stream down there, and it must have been two hundred foot straight down rocks. And I have never felt my gut come up in my throat like it right then. Two reasons I didn't want to fall, and we were wide open if we were following you know, uh Terras four. And now I'm all I could think of. I had screwed up big time. I got this whole patrol right here in the open, and we had about fifteen foot to go. And when we finally got up there. I was man, I would say. We all just kind of laid down, and by then all two canteens of water was gone. This has been six seven hours. Just got comfortable. Steven looks up and he motions at me. He put his fingers up on my on his collar, which so then I met, you know, for me to come forward. There's a good coming up the river the stream. He's not armed, and of course they want me to. They came out, and we didn't know if it was a terrorist or whether it was a villager. We sat there watching, watching. He was going along doing something in the water, and I could have got him. It wasn't over one hundred and fifty yards. I could have popped him, but I didn't want to shoot an innocent although they weren't supposed to be there. Said okay, let's see if we can slip down and capture him, which was not a good idea because he probably had friends, but it was a good idea at the time. We knocked the rock down the hill, just like in the movie.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I motioned the guys to go in in defensive position. I said, oh, we are so screwed. That was two mistakes I had made the same day and nothing happened. We waited. Finally we used on down the hill. We got to the creek and myself and Steven stood guard. Well the rest of them got into water and then they stood guarding. We got down and got cooled off and everything ended up. We had lost radio contact, headed up on Follally, got up on a hill where I could reach all the base told them where we were. They knew where we were at, so they said, wait, we'll send our guys out to get you. And we sat there talking and it was very sad because one of the guys asked me. He said, mister, They called me, mister budd, where are you going? You can go home when this is over. And I looked at him. I said, guys, all I can tell you to do. If my gobby wins, take your weapons and go to South Africa, travel at night all because they could not go back to their village's just if they did, they'd be killed. Plus their families would be killed because they had been you know, security people. So as we went by, then we got on back and we couldn't do anything. You would just sit around just kill time, and you know, twiddled your thumbs. So that's when I asked the boss about going home on R and R for thirty days or whatever. Of course, they gave me a wish list of stuff to bring back, which I knew I couldn't do, but I would try anyway. And that's about how it ended. Got home and got a call. So there I was broke, unemployed. I tried to get my job back with the government and that didn't go over. Real good.
Speaker 1: Story, Jacky, Buddy, Lily, Buddy, I just cannot thank you enough for giving us this perspective is it's nothing.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: People are just wrapped up fascinated by it. I've been fascinated by it. Thank you for one your service to our country, service to a wonderful country like Rhodesia, for giving us some time. Appreciate you very much, Buddy, Lily, simplify my friend. Merry Christmas to you and yours, by the way, Mary Christmas. It is the Jesse Kelly Show. Final segment of The Jesse Kelly Show on a magnificent Wednesday. You can email the show Jesse at Jesse Kellyshow dot com. What a freaking week it has been already we're cruising into the end of it, we're like ten minutes away from Donald Trump addressing the nation. Now, presidents are almost always late. You can be late when you're the President of the United States of America. But at nine pm Eastern, we'll see if the rumors are true that he's essentially gonna say Venezuela's got it coming. Jewish producer Chris disagrees that's what he's gonna say. I'm not saying I think it is. There's a lot of rumors going around.
Speaker 3: We'll find out.
Speaker 1: Let's hope by the time I sit down tomorrow, we're not at war with Venezuela. What Chris, Chris said, Congress would never declare war. What do you think you live in a country where that still matters. They don't even ask Congress anymore. They just they just decide to go do it whenever they want to do it. It's just whatever, Jesse. We need to import all of Western Europeans who hold our ideals that are about to lose their lands. We will need them to reconquer our own, and then we need to conquer Canada as well. If Mexico, Mexico looks at us wrong, they'll be next. I love Canadians, and there are so many hardcore right wingers in Canada and they are outnumbered impossibly. Now they were always outnumbered a little, But now I heard an incredible stat and I don't want to misquote it, so let'll we just clarify what I'm about to say. Maybe incorrect, but I think it's in the last four or five years, Canada has had a twenty percent increase in their population all foreigners. They just completely Look, I've told you that's what.
Speaker 3: They want to do. That's the plan.
Speaker 1: You outnumber your patriotic citizens so they never have a voice and you get to maintain your tyranny forever. The ultimate patriotic issue is immigration. You can tell how patriotic you are based on how you are on that issue, because to the communist it is everything. Why do you think they talk like this? How do you think it ends? How do you think the era ends?
Speaker 2: Girl?
Speaker 3: This is I'm hoping.
Speaker 4: This is what I'm hoping that midterms people come out and vote like crazy to switch it over and then the recon incomes. That's what I want. All everybody that work for ICE, I want them in jail. I just want a wreck.
Speaker 3: Everybody that works for ice, I want them in jail.
Speaker 1: They'll talk like this that Democrats will now without even like it's not like there it's a text message that got exposed. They'll step up to the microphone in public and they'll announce that immigrants build America, just right in your face. They don't hide it at all. Again, here's Steve Cohen.
Speaker 2: They're arresting people simply for the offense of being in the country illegally.
Speaker 3: It's not right.
Speaker 1: They're mortified that we're deporting people who are here illegally. Anyway, as far as bringing in people who share our values, it's a fun thing to dream about. It will never happen. Trump did a little of it. He brought in some Africaners. Remember Africaners. Well, actually, it's a good time to bring it up. What happened in Rhodesia. It's happening already in South Africa now too, where the ruling communist elite there they've declared that white people are the enemy, white people are evil, and white people were under assault over there. So the white ones there are called Africaners, and Trump brought a bunch of them over here. Notice you never hear word from them. Notice they're not all on welfare. Notice, they never run to the news and talk like that.
Speaker 5: The biggest worry of the new executive order is that it does separate families. It doesn't create an exception for you as citizens to have their family members be able to come visit and celebrate milestones with them.
Speaker 1: And so this is a very cool They just show up on a job, go to work, grateful. Who you bring in matters a lot. It matters a lot. Every culture is not the same, Every culture is not equal. There are disgusting third world thieving, raping, murdering cultures out there all across the globe, and the number of people you should bring into your country from those cultures is zero. You go and keep just go murder anyone you want in your country. You stay out of my country, but not us. Because we have a Democrat Party and Republicans like James Langford. We've thrown open our borders and brought these barbarians into your classroom.
Speaker 3: That's why they ate your cat last week.
Speaker 2: And now here's a headline while you know, you know the.
Speaker 3: Thing headlines we didn't get to.
Speaker 1: Abdul l said, by the way, he's running for office in Michigan, not Lebanon.
Speaker 3: I swear proposed.
Speaker 1: Commuting all sentences for juveniles facing life in prison. The plan would grant early release to some of Michigan's most violent killers. It's almost like they're trying to put violent criminals back into society. No, that couldn't be it, right, I'm sure they're just No. You've new Canadian school rule forces kids to wear helmets to play in the snow. Oh my gosh. I wish I could tell my father about that. Hydrogen plays part in global warming according to a study. I reminded that there is no global warming warming, No man cause global warming. The Earth's weather patterns are exactly that patterns. It heats, it cools, it does its thing. But the very idea that man is destroying the earth is an idea that's going to kill a.
Speaker 3: Couple billion people one day.
Speaker 1: Trump's marijuana move has Democrats nervous. According to a CNN analyst, one might say they're paranoid. Foiled again. Fentanyl dealer shows up to court with more drugs. Hey, that's where the criminals are. You can hardly blame him for that. House Republican who voted to impeach Trump in twenty twenty one, won't seek reelection.
Speaker 3: Goly, we have some freaking loser dorks.
Speaker 1: Rubio says he will not run in twenty twenty eight and JD. Vance enters the race. That is not only are they friends, that's just a realistic acknowledgment from Rubio that Jdvans is going to be very difficult to beat in the Republican primary.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll be back tomorrow. I don't even know what we're gonna do. We'll have fun, though, that's all.