Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Pictures Media Radio. Welcome to Policy and Rights SHOWCAS, Welcome to Policy Human Joys. Welcome back to the policy right here in Pictures Media Radio. I'm your host, Michael Cloggs. Hey, and welcome to twenty twenty five. As you know, we took our usual time off to reflect and reflect and regroup so that we can be more positive about what is going on in our world today. Okay, so we all heard if you if you live in Canada, we all heard it. Justin Trudeau is resigning. His final days will count down as we approach March. Here's a interesting question. While we're all cheering that mister Trudeau is going and that some of his ideas and policies have just been stabbed in the dark, and of course the last one being, let's remove the tax from certain goods all together, so for a for Christmas and until February fifteenth, when there could have been a much easier way of doing this that would eliminate Say, I don't know, why don't we try eliminating the tax from food so food can no longer be taxed. Hey, that would stimulate the economy. People would go to the grocery stores. That's an immediate stimulation to the economy, and it also helps the middle class people find a little more money to help pay the rent also while buying food. So he got a lot of fight, and I guess there was a battle between him and Christia Freeland, in which case it led to Miss Freeland stepping down. Now justin Trudeau is resigning as prime minister. Okay, all fun, Yay, let's cheer. Wait a second, who's going to replace him? Are we going to see as you're gonna hear some conservative comments about the whole topic, as they talk about that Canadians are being robbed of a chance to vote on the carbon tax and have a car what they call a carbon tax election. Okay, are we going to get a person who's going to perpetuate that or are we going to get Pierre paulbef ultimately, because there's going to be, of course, the caucus deciding and then there will be, of course a regular election coming up soon anyway, So what's gonna happen, Who's gonna take office? What's Canada going to look like from here? Mister Trudeau has left, while he says he loves the country, so much he loves serving the country so much. In his own very own statements, why is he leaving Canada in a larch? Why would you leave the country that you love so much in a larch? Well, there are some other answers to that. Some of those other answers also lead back to I believe that he's lasted long enough that he can get a pension from this from him being in office for so long, along with a couple other of his friends. There's a lot going on with mister Trudeaux stepping down as of March. There's a lot for Canadians to think about as we approached that time when Canada will have to choose a new prime minister. Some of the that does have to do with Donald Trump being the new president in the United States him taking office again. Some of it does have to do with taris and defending the economy and defending the right to important export goods without some bullies saying no, you aren't. There's a lot to be said, and there is a lot that we the people of Canada need to decide on so that we have strong leadership in Ottawa. So with that being said, why don't we listen to mister Judeau's farewell speech, and then listen to what the Conservative Party has to say about mister Trudeau stepping down.
Speaker 2: Every morning I've woken up as Prime Minister, I've been inspired by the resilience, the generosity.
Speaker 3: And the determination of Canadians.
Speaker 2: It is the driving force of every single day I have the privilege of serving in this office. That is why since twenty fifteen, I've fought for this country, for you, to strengthen and grow the middle class. Why we rallied to support each other through the pandemic, to advance reconciliation, to defend free trade on this continent, to stand strong with Ukraine and our democracy, and to fight climate change and get our economy ready for the future.
Speaker 3: We are at a critical moment in the world.
Speaker 2: Miche canadian a jaques matnestre a spire pararisilians rosa, Sibia, Canada, Siski and mosiv a Shajur pre vilege as past.
Speaker 3: The pidu mil case ms bats.
Speaker 2: Klasen, mobilizemi bon de Lucraine, democracimatic i pre pari new Treversonnalmont, My friends, is you all know I'm a fighter, every bone in my body has always told me to fight because I care deeply about Canadians. I care deeply about this country, and I will always be motivated by what is in the best interest of Canadians.
Speaker 3: And the fact is, despite best efforts.
Speaker 2: To work through it, Parliament has been paralyzed for months after what has been the longest session of a minority parliament in Canadian history. That's why this morning I advise the Governor General that we need a new session of Parliament. She has granted this request and the House will now be prorogued until March twenty fourth. Over the holidays, I've also had a chance to reflect and have had long talks with my family about our future. Throughout the course of my career, any success I have personally achieved has been because of their support and with their encouragement. So last night over dinner, I told my kids about the decision that I'm sharing with you today. I intend to resign as party leader as Prime Minister after the party selects its next leader through a robust, nationwide competitive process. HM last night I asked the President of the Liberal Party to begin that process. This country deserves a real choice in the next election, and it has become clear to me that if I'm having to fight internal battles, I cannot be the best option in that election. Miche amir cam Vucevi sn fighter pasqui toujoursive pasque dere the Canadia malgre, the parlementaires l c p retire doni stuide not the pet geron General Poulavois conus, the nouvelle session, the parblement Accidia madamand la chambres, Radon progi joscope and cats Marx.
Speaker 3: Donalds and the Fatlmon You look as in the world.
Speaker 2: The long conversation with Victma family contain rafnir to macrrier to the six personal man lawyers, Korajema querois u supe she parti victmis en soon that this is young part utus. Georgie gets on the dimsioni, the mopos, the chef the party Liberal alg Canada in the Premier ministry unfoll parsi rashuasi some Prussian chef alisid and processes national rigor a competitive yessoir jumandi opris down the party.
Speaker 3: The common city is type necessary.
Speaker 2: L Peri lu pee returns claire i reel Lord of Chrussians election. We need the idum concentration. The Battai ain't the proprietor lord of his election. The Parti liberald You can add a ten institution aport Donstrauldo not a grand pie, the not democracy and ministra chef the partsy porto val realized, the partsil gerald a Russian election, the art dubbed survey, the de rule models, the processors their plat on the vent pour for sil economy alapandimi.
Speaker 3: If a progress it is, ain't you can add another mound.
Speaker 2: Complex is it the exact e schedule a concignare salon consignee poly Canadia. The Liberal Party of Canada is an important institution in the history of our great country and democracy. A new Prime Minister and leader of the Liberal Party will carry its values and ideals into that next election. I'm excited to see the process unfold in the months ahead. We were elected for the third time in twenty twenty one to strengthen the economy post pandemic and advanced Canada's interests in a complicated world. And that is exactly the job that I and we will continue to do for Canadians. MESI, thank you.
Speaker 4: Prime Minister, and I'll go to questions starting with La.
Speaker 5: Canada Morudeau, tell me another party if you puse cours this.
Speaker 2: Did comb ship care Que facilmndvar combat Combo Pole Party, may.
Speaker 3: The fessor job Pascal rid Lebenate, do not p not democracy car a.
Speaker 2: S of nuclar Jehan propos at the chef Donny Passion's elections. Acaust de Battaian tell Okay, as you all know, I am a fighter and I am not someone who backs away from a fight, particularly on a fighter is as important as this one is. But I have always been driven by my love for Canada, by my desire to serve Canadians, and by what is in the best interests of Canadians. And Canadians deserve a real choice in the next election. And it has become obvious to me with the internal battles that I cannot be the one to carry the Liberal standard into the next election.
Speaker 5: Was that preds Canada, Unria.
Speaker 3: On the only the ReLU In premise, cisco.
Speaker 2: On on THEI fami on you an economic function to be a plus the mons Prepa ramp and a near plus numeric.
Speaker 3: One of our impact.
Speaker 2: On Norman Montravai avectly can again the Canada mayor Racos Travai.
Speaker 3: Continue sec not for system.
Speaker 2: Radi pour poculation plus Premier Dusi mutusiam S built the party or passy plus the Gardi. The point is a common potter really Dosia Muti p took the polarization.
Speaker 3: Major not modus.
Speaker 4: Next question.
Speaker 2: We got elected in twenty fifteen to fight for the middle class and that's exactly what we've done over the past years. We've reduced their taxes, we increased the benefits to families. We made sure the economy is focused on working for everyone.
Speaker 3: And not just a few. And that has changed.
Speaker 2: That has dropped poverty rates in Canada, That has brought more people into the workforce, That has moved us forward on reconciliation in a way that has deeply improved the opportunities and success of Canadians. Despite the incredibly difficult times the world is going through right now, there's lots more work to be done, and I know that this party in this country and Canadians will keep doing it. If I have one regret, particularly as we approach this electual, well there are probably many regrets that I will think of but I do that we've been able to change the way we elect our governments in this country so that people could simply choose a second choice or a third choice on the same ballot, so that parties would spend more time trying to be people's second or third choices, and people would have been looking for things they have in common instead of trying to polarize and divide Canadians.
Speaker 3: Against each other.
Speaker 2: I think in this time, figuring out how to pull together and find common ground remains something that is really important for democracies. But I could not change unilaterally without support of other parties our electoral system. That wouldn't have been responsible.
Speaker 4: Question kis Tandam and Charles Toronto Star Prime Minister. Up until three weeks ago, you were intending to stay. And it seems that the event three weeks ago of Ms Friedland coming out and saying you were firing her as Finance Minister was the catalyst that brought us here today. So can you explain your side of what happened there.
Speaker 2: Christia has been by my side for close to ten years now. She has been an incredible political partner through just about everything we have done as a government and.
Speaker 3: As a party over the past decade.
Speaker 2: I had really hoped that she would agree to continue you as my deputy Prime Minister and take on one of the most important files that not just this government of this country is facing.
Speaker 3: But she chose otherwise in regards to what actually happened.
Speaker 2: I am not someone who's in the habit of sharing private conversations. Christian I t the pe Prascosa now Amikoti and part and are politic Essenceel Prasca.
Speaker 3: Tuscon a Tanner party SWETI can shows.
Speaker 2: This the continue and talk this Premier minist ekel Bran not go afastally Moavnir the Prussians election Male super Kel County partage, the Detai, the conversation on PREV.
Speaker 4: You spoke about the Liberal Party as an institution and the internal battles right now. But I'm wondering if you feel that another leader will have more success than you will at beating Pierre Pauliev in the next campaign.
Speaker 2: Pierre Pouliev's vision for this country is not the right one for Canadians. Stopping the fight against climate change doesn't make sense. Backing off on the values and strength and diversity that Canada has always always work to pull itself together.
Speaker 3: On is not the right path for the country.
Speaker 2: Attacking journalists the CBC institutions. That's not what Canadians need in this moment. We need an ambitious, optimistic view of the future and Pierre Poliev is not offering that. And I look forward to the fight as progressives across this country stand up for the kind of vision for a better country that Canadians have always carried, despite the tremendous pressures around the world to think smaller, to veer towards the herd right, and to be less ambitious for what we can be and do as a country when the world really needs Canada.
Speaker 4: That's not an answer though yes or no. Is there another leader that could beat them?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Vision puts it imo accept visiou defanse, the the aves in economy puverted eclusive, the shady division Alcanada took the Assembly for very fast Alaven the first Optimistic ambiss Publican Idea.
Speaker 3: Jr. The Fair Party and the.
Speaker 2: Consumed Fair Party and movement Progresses Kiva, en Visage and their mayor publican Ada, Reluptivist Travacada and.
Speaker 3: One mayor.
Speaker 6: Next question Ellen the silicon the information to do Yes then Stephen R. Parlema for about the conference kills seas liverati contr exactly, macam let's just pocla chef sevan you said see said that an out are enough democracy the Stephen Harper the title registered.
Speaker 2: We do general on the mill with the correct my conclude la champ vene just that card the conference.
Speaker 3: For male uh.
Speaker 2: Harper malgre the malmain in letters singing document politic lavois de la champre cont h avon avon the drete the ca chambre polyfied on a gagn the non conference UH proved the conference.
Speaker 3: A news du vois test chambre de passi uh the the.
Speaker 2: For in two thousand and eight, the Governor General correctly concluded that because the very last times in the previous weeks that the confidence of the House had been tested, it had passed that confidence test. Stephen Harper continued to have the confidence of the House, and it actually would bear out because as soon as they came back from the prorogation, Stephen Harper won a confidence vote once again. So a political document or political speeches doesn't carry.
Speaker 3: The kind of weight that winning a confidence.
Speaker 2: Vote me But this prorogation will take us only into March, and there will be confidence votes in March, in the passing of supply that will allow Parliament to weigh in on confidence in a way that is entirely in keeping with all the principles of democracy and the workings of our strong institutions.
Speaker 6: Thespis to do yes democratic, the possibilities, parlemax, premise and confidence, the talk that parsis the shares suva eskill, the referee.
Speaker 2: And the reponse Clermont, you come to the Monte gallery and the press parallem a cal parallem function, the prep only and Chris the privilege you the the mussdubstriction constant in a prep ac.
Speaker 3: Pan leader parlem the parlema.
Speaker 2: I was wanting the reset, Robert I was winning the the uhcademy and.
Speaker 3: Pretty pain.
Speaker 2: For sir Rametro poorly can add them if I felt that politic constant RENVOI the Conservati.
Speaker 3: Don't reset in pork.
Speaker 2: Our comments I rec in in fresh rush or parlema it do with the parks an't I me and leadership parksc sc see sip mov academy or seper complex representing reset and the parliamentary press gallery, and anyone who's been watching politics closely over the past nine months will know that Parliament has been entirely seized by obstruction and filibustering and a total lack of productivity over the past few months. We are right now the longest serving minority government in history and it's time for a reset. It's time for the temperature to come down, for the people to have a fresh start in Parliament to be able to navigate through these complex times both domestically and internationally.
Speaker 3: And the reset that we have is actually two parts.
Speaker 2: One is the prorogation, but the other part is recognizing that removing me from the equation as the leader who will fight the next election for the Liberal Party should also decrease the level of polarization that we're seeing right now in the House and in Canadian politics and allow people to actually focus on serving Canadians in this House and with their work the way Canadians deserve.
Speaker 4: Kiss.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Prime Minister Stephanie Taylor with the National Post. Given as you just said, there's going to be confidence votes in March. Opposition parties have said they are prepared to bring down your government. What kind of chances do you think you are leaving to your successor, given that there will only be mere weeks for them to introduce themselves to Canadians before heading into an election.
Speaker 3: Potentially I have.
Speaker 2: A tremendous amount of confidence in both Canadians and in parliamentarians interest in serving Canadians in the right way. There we're in a minority government right now, and there hasn't been an active leadership in a minority government in more than fifty years in this country, and there is always going to be the challenge of having a leadership race while a parliament would face confidence votes in the course of delivering supply to the government. So this is something that we're going to navigate through. But I truly feel that removing the contention around my own continued leadership is an opportunity to bring the temperature down, have a government that will focus on the complex issues that are coming forward in the coming months, while the party gets to have a full national process that brings in people from right across the country and makes a determination about the best person to carry the progressive Liberal standard into the next election.
Speaker 7: Can you clarify whether ministers who would like to campaign for your job will have to step out of cabinet and how can the Liberal government be in a position to protect Canadian businesses and Canadians from the threat ofs from incoming President Donald Trump. When members of the government are going to be focused on who's going to be taking your.
Speaker 2: Job, the government will still in the cabinet will still be very much focused on doing the job that Canadians elected us to do in twenty twenty one, which is fight for their interests, stand up for their well being and make sure that they are good and that Canadians are.
Speaker 3: Protected and strong.
Speaker 2: There will be a leadership process and the rules will unfold over the coming weeks, but I can assure you that the tools and the need to stand up for Canadians, to protect Canadians in their interests and continue to fight for the economy is something that everyone in this government will be singularly focused on. Suiting que ived Moni conscient leadership and Liberal discusted on is man ive Neir May the Governor, mark poor Protis and Montra complex q T the purest amount that they are. The continues avec our focusing in North as the sing y Ski donc panarch the partsy so don't win, Poor wargn processes. The leaderships bec currently conference the c George Mercedes.
Speaker 8: K good morning today. The Public Accounts Committee was supper to meet to start the consideration of a non confidence motion in this Liberal government. Rather than allow that to happen, Justin Trudeau has selfishly shut down Parliament to avoid accountability. That non confidence motion was being moved because after nine years of Trudeau's government, in this Liberal party running the country, Canadians have been suffering through so much misery. Families going to food banks for the first time in their lives, Families with two incomes sometimes having to go to food banks to supplement their groceries. People turning down thermostats as the Liberal carbon tax has driven up home heating and utilities. Homeless encampments in tent cities popping up all across the country fourteen hundred tent encampments in Ontario alone, Violent crime rising by fifty percent since the Liberals took office. All of this has caused so much suffering and hardship, and Justin Trudeau kept desperately clinging to power even as more and more of his own MPs expressed non confidence in his government, and rather than do what was right and allow the Canadian people to have their say in a carbon tax s election. Justin Trudeau has run and hid from accountab accountability and cowardly announced his resignation rather than give Canadians the choice, putting this off till some time in March. All this at a time of great uncertainty Canadians are facing. We've got an incoming administration in the United States threatening our country with tariffs. We've got very poor economic news in the past few weeks, a dollar has been sliding and as I said, six consecutive quarters of per capita GDP declines. Also that the Liberal Party can sort out its internal mess once again, Justin Trudeau on the Liberals have proven that they put themselves ahead of the Canadian people. Nothing will change with a Liberal leadership race. I mean, if we look through some of the candidates that are being speculated about, and some who have even indicated that they will likely run. Let's look at Mark carbon Tax Carne, as he's known in political circles. He holds the position he is currently Justin Trudeau's chair of his Economic tax task Force. He is one of the main architects of Trudeau's record. He loves the carbon tax so much that he was even fighting against any exemptions being given to Canadians struggling with home heating costs. He supports all of Justin Trudeau's policies. He was one of the key architects of this liberal administration. Christia Freeland was there all along the way, applauding and cheering and voting in favor all of Justin Trudeau's policies that doubled housing costs, that drove up inflation and interest rates, that let dangerous and repeat offenders out on the streets, prioritizing the rights of criminals ahead of the rights of law of buying Canadians. And she was even prepared to blow through her already insane forty billion dollar deficit guardrail right up until the moment that she was told that she would be demoted. Right afterwards, all of these speculated liberal candidates will just be more of the same, even Christy Clark, Christy Clark, who is Premier of British Columbia, who increase the carbon tax by two hundred percent. Canadians don't need this uncertainty and chaos as liberal leadership contenders try to compete to show Liberal members who loves the carbon tax the most, who wants to run even bigger deficits, and who wants to plunge our country into even more misery. Canadians need a carbon tax election so we can put an end to all the misery and suffering and all the chaos that Justin Trudau has selfishly put our country in the fact that Canadians don't even know when the new prime minister will be chosen or what process this is all to be sorted out when we're just less than two weeks away from an incoming US administration with these tariffs threatening our country. This was an incredibly selfish and self centered move, once again proving that Liberals put themselves and their party ahead of the interests of Canada and of Canadians. And all of this could have been avoided by the way if jug Meat Singh had have actually put its actions where his words were. Remember in September he had that very theatrical display where he pretended to rip up the agreement with the Liberals, came right back into that House of Commons and voted time and time again eight times, voted confidence and propping up Justin Trudeau, even as more and more MPs, not just in opposition parties, but even in the Prime minister's own party had expressed their non confidence. So that's why Conservatives are once again calling for Justin Trudeau and the Liberal Party to please for the sake of Canadian's well being, for the sake of those struggling families going through so much Charger, I think fourteen hundred ten encampments in Ontario. Life wasn't like this in Canada before the Liberals took office, and won't be like this in Canada after Canadians vote them out. It's not too late. They can still do the right thing. They can call a carbon tax election so Canadians can vote for a new government for strength and stability to weather our country through these challenging times. I'll be happy to answer a few questions. Let's just allow my colleague to say a few words in French, thank you.
Speaker 9: And go and Drew Monsieur, she was pascge de ve partispeo committity, compublic, the conf Rudeau.
Speaker 3: Won't be.
Speaker 9: The poorer. The surly can Canadian swell that.
Speaker 10: L fast ale music. I prefere come lauge a place.
Speaker 9: The parts to a sudi Canadians Alma makid readil to more, the douce man, your vest student book is down, the lemna, the fine Sein person, the red one, Dali region Quebec Dari no Bruce regions Quebec with blues, r P don las sure v mime deepan this exportation U uni sa text trema uh the world liturnal like l the p its actual premiminius and premimist kids in cors don't participle. It's sick all you the war inlextion, General your rep you don't need a trans premis far prefer fast, just as set man a slow apple met fine, we sell Repel Trudeau's on the knee or double the national or crail call and imbrasion on krail caro frontier.
Speaker 10: Uh list the two ski pass Trudeau is cili.
Speaker 9: BERU tell my alone pass and usual marinas shows co f don't class shows a fast Rudeau scally Canadin, the decline General premium neesz sound like General parlema he demanded his election. Also the macs to the Man's to let post vancoms uh afer campaign, which the moms cap the man the man coccurs. The moms cape ned sim neil the Canada will xul Man Trudeau nipple nipple app that email last time, the tru le cant the patasil and I'm free len Madame Madame Misu Champagne qui voud re princ aplas baotos the week uh s a politic look Madame freedom he or nillo jo the economic document deposite.
Speaker 10: Rudeau levandresi pasco.
Speaker 9: Post fire stall Man freedom our depose accept this document in economic I reconed, I said the Milliard career nevart picatr antilted the pos veta shamdi commune don't Madame Frillian made to the norse Economic the luton diam z a lot prospective lassam the decision, the song government conny pm by the Pudu Milvi silcon special Domesu trude, the finales pascon si promatute the finance the point in tresident part uh.
Speaker 10: Yes people, it's a personal.
Speaker 9: McCartney Hello, media are prisdan the song groups specials like economic don't cite Luminius the finance part he can sue Rude Sasa kanaan.
Speaker 3: The contu.
Speaker 9: Premumnist Ton President and company. He prophy the nombers. This is you don't also to Lexio h s truth premimnist he Nanzon pasco on port v a malurus maman edgine continue to pas panasta jacar, the the the milie, the million car, the the the the problems mirac at truly a fast the problem demigration feculty repeti di jacquiere shows the shows a fire so rieti the rude pluto, the passeral pace clutches alexes by your pu committee, your pre committee, parlematta he p us sneer don Trulli committee who veeto near responsible leminist responsible stint Rudeau for lisa at hou on the p produe par lead project versi si from electoral to to say committee Lotti.
Speaker 10: Don't say so progression, No.
Speaker 3: Mil le, We're gonna not come up with the top defects a.
Speaker 9: Provide premier s sign three or the vest lumine protecuted and no confiance and just trying to do mal urus ma properfi pascu lo committing l on propos de posrapaud committee Ala victom of de class terlam conference now stent to do public on the dance stem the westminsters to guerno ma the de Montricour conference, A mal use matt rude.
Speaker 10: Now the visible produce said confidence.
Speaker 9: Jack mit sinc a prey at the FLA blocky prey at the SE See Jack mitt sink like Pluto, See Yeah Jo, like pole of Guernon, man response control, the triconemy a the finance public, the tooth less can attack to an.
Speaker 7: Trudeau's resignation affect the Conservatives election strategy.
Speaker 8: It's clear that the country has had enough of Liberal policies. Nothing has really changed in terms of what the Liberal Party will be offering Canadians. We're about to have a leadership race where all the candidates have either voted for or been the chief architects of Justin Trudeau's terrible policies that have inflicted so much misery. So we're going to continue to highlight that regardless of who the Liberal leader happens to be. Canadians didn't get tired of looking at Justin Trudeau's face. It's not like they got sick of his voice. They're suffering under his policies. The reason why he's so many Canadians are so angry at this government is because of the misery that the Canadians are experiencing. They're the ones that are having to put that roast of beef back on the grocery storeself a shelf. They're the ones who are moving out of their homes, into their cars and into tent cities. It has nothing to do with the personality of the man. It has everything to do with the policies that have been inflicted upon Canadians. And every single Liberal contender for that leadership race has been a vocal cheerleader of Justin Trudeau and his policies. And we are going to remind Canadians of that terrible legacy, no matter when the election is and no matter who happens to be leading the party.
Speaker 11: On the leadership race. As we know, there have been concerns about foreign interference in past Liberal nomination campaigns and others because of the party's membership rules. What is your assessment of that do you believe do you have concerns about it going into a leadership race? Do you think the party ought to change the rules?
Speaker 8: Well, we've had major concerns with how Justin Trudeau and the Liberals have handled foreign interference. They've dragged their feet, they've resisted accountability. They still refuse to release the names of of members of Parliament that we're listed in the security and intelligence report. Justin Trudeau has never taken this threat seriously, has sat on reports and recommendations and done absolutely nothing about it. So we are concerned, but we believe the best way to deal with all kinds of threats to can including foreign interference, is to have a new conservative government that will take these things seriously. Let's let Canadians decide. Let's let Canadians vote in a carbon tax s election so we can close the chapter on this terrible liberal legacy of nine years of misery inflicted upon Canadians and finally start a new challenge.
Speaker 7: With the US.
Speaker 8: Do you speak of strength that Canada needs?
Speaker 7: So what is your colleague Jamil Gravani, best friends with JD Vance doing to advance Canada's cause to get a car vote.
Speaker 8: You're right to point out that when a country has a position of strength, it's able to negotiate much better. And it's clear that Justin Trudeau has been personally very weak in dealing with the UNIS administration of both parties.
Speaker 10: By the way.
Speaker 8: Of both parties, Justin Trudeau had to capitulate to Donald Trump the first time he was president. He then back down to President Biden. Failed to get an exemption on softwood lumber or buy America, failed to get a new energy exports to the United States. So Justin Trudeau has been incredibly weak personally, and he has put our country in a position of weakness by imposing a carbon tax on Canada when the United States doesn't have one, chasing away jobs and investment. There are fewer voices in the US fighting to maintain access to Canadians markets. So our entire, our entire party, our entire caucus is focused on making Canada stronger, bringing in economic measures that will grow our economy, make more investors around the world fighting to get into Canada instead of fighting to pull out of Canada and invest.
Speaker 2: In other.
Speaker 12: Foreign interference. On foreign interference and the rules about the race that my colleague was asking about, you say, the Prime Minister and his party have not released the names, but your leader has not looked at the report unredacted to see the names, potentially names that concern him and take action. So, now that we are going into an election clearly in the spring, what's your party doing for foreign interference to make sure that there isn't any in your party and nominations. Well, we all know why.
Speaker 8: Justin Trudeau wanted to silence our leader. He wanted to put our leader peer poly of in a position where he could no information but do nothing about it. Justin Trude is the prime minister today. He has the power to release those names. He has the authority.
Speaker 12: No, no, no, don't de nominations of signing nomination papers. So what's your party doing?
Speaker 8: It's very clear, it's very clear. Do you you asked a question about the reports you no, No, I'll try to answer the question that you actually asked, even though you might not like the answer I'm giving. Justin Trudeau has had years to respond to the threats that have been reported to him through Ceasis, through our National security agency. He refused to do it. It took brave whistleblowers to raise the alarm and only then did did this liberal government do it anything about it? So well, I'll I'll let party officials answering questions of that nature. But there's no question that had we had an election in the fall, we could be in a position of strength, We could be tackling all these issues. We could have a much stronger economy. We could have a stronger administration with a clear mandate from the Canadian people limping along for the next few weeks because Justin Trudeau backed down from a fight. Because Justin Trudeau recognized that he had lost the confidence of the House of Parliament, but refused to let the Canadian people decide an election. I mean, that's essentially what he's done. He's essentially by proguing and shutting down the Public Accounts Committee, he's effectively moved the date, the inevitable date where he will face a non confidence vote, from the end of January to the end of March. Those are two extra months of uncertainty and chaos and misery that Canadians will have to live through. And it's part of country in an incredibly dangerous position when dealing with the United States. Yeah, they're going to be distracted by their own leadership rates when it comes to the tariff threat from the US.
Speaker 7: In the meantime, Canadians are wondering.
Speaker 11: What the Conservatives can do in the meantime, UH to protect Canadian interests from the opposition mentions before we head.
Speaker 8: To Natch, Well, he's he's eliminated the functions of the parliament. He' shut down parliament. He's he's put a close sign on the chamber, and he's shut down the committees that we're going to uh do exactly what you're saying, litigating his record and coming up with recommendations on how to undo the damage of the Liberal government for the past nine years. Instead of doing that, he shut down and you and and you are right, and our leader is right. Now we've got cabinet ministers who are supposed to be uh paring for the incoming US administration, supposed to be dealing with the economic challenges that they themselves have cost. They've been pretending to say they're going to be coming up with all kinds of economic plants. And rather than doing that, they're gonna be calling back room insiders and uh and and well connected senior liberals to raise money and build power coalitions within a political party. They put their internal party intrigue ahead of the best interests of canaides.
Speaker 1: Shameful.
Speaker 8: The best way, the best way to fix it is to call a carbon tax. Selections that Canadans.
Speaker 3: Came to say.
Speaker 7: H.
Speaker 1: The show has been produced by Depictions Media. Please contact us at Depictions dot media for more information,