Speaker 1: Come on there, we go back from the weekend. Hit It, hit It, hit It. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, keeps.
Speaker 2: A rod roll. Let's go babay.
Speaker 1: Wait you wake your hands out those cupcakes. It's milk Monday. It is a three game day for the rod Ryan Show. What does that mean? Well, all we do is play games on the air with you. We got fresh out of bad head to head other. John's going for win number two. We'll play that game at around six twenty. Hey, twentieth anniversary party tickets are coming your way in Homeroom. I got my Homeroom shirt on today. Many of you received your merch over the weekend. That's good news, man, Send us a picture of you wearing your rod Ryan Show merch. So our last really full, big week in the rod Ryan Show care Store, I'm gonna beating me up big time. Get in there and spend a little money so we can get some backpacks full of school supplies to the kiddos. So twenty ffth anniversary tickets on the fun fact flashback the Texas Hammer game at seven twenty every Monday. We're gonna have fifth row tickets to the third Eyed Blind Show. This Saturday, we count down five four, three two one Game five of the suburb Summer Sizzler, brought to us by Shell Federal Credit Union. Katie takes on League City at A twenty. We're gonna give away Chris Stapleton tickets all week. We'll start out at nine ten on this Milk Monday, and then believe it or not, Monster Jam coming back in October. We'll talk about it and we'll have those first pair of tickets before they go on sale. And yes, we'll be all over Monster Jam coming up. So that's gonna be in the fourth and final hour together. Ten percent chance of rain man. I love telling you that. Partly cloudy high ninety four. Good morning Tessa. One of Houston's headlines. Hey You'm running Ron Good running homeroom.
Speaker 3: So this week, the city of Houston is going to celebrate late the late congress Woman Chila Jackson Lee. There are gonna be a series of remembrance events. And if you didn't know, the longtime Houston lawmaker died at seventy four years old after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. So she's going there's going to be a lying in state in Houston City Hall Rotunda from nine am to seven pm. Houston Mayor expected to be at City Hall to greet her family.
Speaker 1: Then this is open to the public.
Speaker 3: There will also be a brief prayer service today, so will be getting into those events. I believe the Vice President Kamala Harris will be in Houston again for her funeral. Also, wildfires once again the main topic in the western part of our country in the United States. There are hundreds of thousands of acres already burned, and we're kind of usually removed from other weather events, but Governor Greg Abbott is sending a small army of firefighters from here, Texas to northern California to help.
Speaker 1: Battle this wi wildfire.
Speaker 3: It is scorched an area bigger than the city of Los Angeles, So we'll be talking about that this morning as well. That's kind of the serious stuff. If you go to the Rod Ryan Show blog page, however, you'll find a rundown of some of the fun viral moments from the opening week of the Summer Olympics in Paris.
Speaker 1: I had a ball myself watching the Olympics. Our group chat was lit this weekend. It was rattened up about the Olympics. Man, it was so good and opening ceremonies was Friday. So if you.
Speaker 3: Didn't see Selim Dion's comeback performance, if you didn't see Snoop Dogg being a torch bearer, if you didn't see these performances in the rain, there were so many viral moments from just opening ceremonies and then you're like Bob the cap Catcher. If you don't know what I'm talking about, like that guy, please go to the blog page and find out.
Speaker 1: What you're missing. Yeah, that guy went. It was like one of the most viral moments of the entire weekend. Some guy so weird with I'll just say a non Olympic body. That guy's not horrible shape, but just like with a speedo important jumping in the pool and uh yeah, that videos on. There's a couple Olympic blog pages up today, and I'm sure the sports blog pages loaded as well. Let's talk about Deadpool and Wolverine.
Speaker 3: It opened with two hundred and five million dollars at the domestic box office. That makes it eighth biggest opening of all time, and I also set the record for the biggest opening for an R rated movie. Okay, so Hugh Jackman, Ryan Reynolds doing it big. They have been hitting the press tour for that really hot, really hard and it paid off. Queens of the Stone Age or sending their force vacation. The band canceled eight European tour dates last month so that frontman Josh Homie could recover from emergency surgery and he needs more time to mend, so it's under doctors orders. There are seven news shows that have been canceled. You can go read about that on the music blog page. Those are using Sadline.
Speaker 2: Take it Out Sastro's photo. The Dodgers yesterday six to two. They didn't take two of three from LA over the weekend, though. They're also tied for first place in the Al West with the Mariners. Still so new, they're going to open up a three game series with the Pirates that min it made. It'd be Jake Bloss on the mount for this Drows going up against Pittsburgh fall Schemes first pitches at seventeen. You can listen to that game at on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. In the Olympics, the US currently has the most medals so far in the Paris Games with twelve, but they have just the fifth most gold medals behind China, Japan, Korea, and Australia right now. Some notable highlights from yesterday's Olympic Games. The US men's basketball team beat Serbia, the US women's soccer team top to Germany. Tory House Congratchen Walsh won gold and silver in the women's one hundred meters fly in the pool, and then Laurence Scruggs won gold for the US in fencing. You can see some more of the updates on our sports blog page later today, and then in football News, what Football a few.
Speaker 1: Days away from the start of the preseason.
Speaker 2: The Texans are gonna play the Bears on Thursday in the NFL's Hall of Fame game.
Speaker 1: We're almost their gang.
Speaker 2: And then I think we don't have a weekend without football, or some a week without football until February. From now on until February, there will be football in some capacity every week.
Speaker 1: Wonder Andre going in and reason he's going to be thrown out the first pitch. This week, there's gonna be an Andre Johnson day at Astros. They're gonna do the bobblehead and all that. Stuff. So it's a huge week for Andre Johnson. I mean, the first cool, the first Texan to go into the Football Hall of Fame is huge. So it's facing Texans week too in the Olympics.
Speaker 4: It is a.
Speaker 1: Sports Yeah, it's a great sports week. All right, let's go guys on this Monday. I hope you had a great weekend. Who had six picks? I did? I already sent him to the hill? All right, maybe some baby update, updated baby pictures. So yes, all right, Alex has six picks. I've got open phone lines. Why are they open? Let's go fill them up? Who wants it? On the first phone call? Seven one, three, two, two nine five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now ninety four five Buzz the Morning Rod Ryan's Show on this milk Monday. Guys, had a great weekend. We are back at it for a full five days this week. I think we can handle it. Three games today on the show, I mean Monday. It just snacks you in the face. Normally it's a two game day, but with the suburb summer sizzler, we got game five coming your way at eight twenty. Can't wait to hear Katie and League City battle it out. Another week of the Suburb Summer Sissler, another week of you possibly playing. If you haven't signed up yet and your suburb has not been represented, please get in. We got six thousand dollars up for grabs in total from Shell Federal Credit Union. So we're just getting things underway with the Sizzler. And a couple of good matchups last week. Couple of rough ones we played four, so two good games in two and aye okay, So I'm looking for big, big games all this week. It's always shaky in the first rounds of the brackets, so I can't wait till that. But so much to do before we get there. Other John going for win number two fresh out of d head to head. And then we got twentieth anniversary party tickets for you. If you don't know about this, it is the hottest ticket in town, hands down, as we celebrate twenty years of you guys keeping this show on the air. Here at ninety four five the bus. We're gonna be at Carbark Brewery on October twelfth. You got to win your way into that show. Speaking of Homeroom, I've got my homeroom shirt on this morning. It is available to you. This shirt that I'm wearing. Some of you are watching us on Facebook, some of you watching on the X someone you watching live on our YouTube channel. This t shirt is available. It is exclusively for you guys that join us each and every morning in homeroom. We've never done a homeroom specific T shirt. I love you guys more than the other hours. Stop telling them that, But now they're starting to ask questions like I got a guy that listens at seven twenty every day. He's like, how come I don't have my own shirt. I'm like, you know, we'll do the other hours, but Homeroom guys, get your shirts. Get into the rod Ryan Show Care store. This Saturday, we're going to be doing the Backpack Drive and it's gonna be my last big push. We are going to do a special day on Wednesday, which I'll talk more about that later on. I thought today was going to be more rain. It looks like we're coming out of this. Maybe some real sunshine tomorrow. Today partly Claude only a ten percent chance of rain, high of ninety four. Alex has six picks. Do you think that we should post Jared Cook's six picks? Yes? Him and his wife are at the Paris Olympics, and he sent.
Speaker 5: Six pressure throw up. I'd like to see that, he says.
Speaker 1: Hey, brother Rod and Alex, knowing that Alex has six picks. Today. My wife and I are in Paris for the Olympics. We've had an amazing opening weekend. I thought i'd offer up six picks from the games.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We're gonna definitely share these. That's amazing that we've got listeners of the Rod Ryan Show over there in Paris. All right, I'll send those over to the Chile. Notice I didn't ask Charilli if he wants those up.
Speaker 4: It's that time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Will, Good morning, here, say brother Rod.
Speaker 7: How's it going to smaller?
Speaker 1: Really good? Brother Will? What do you got? How are you gonna get a started today? For with the first phone call?
Speaker 7: Well, went to the movies in the last two week years and last weekend, and I saw the movie Twisters this weekend, and I saw the dead Pool. Okay, and I believe to me that I liked the movie Twisters a whole lot better than Deadpool. And I felt like the third Deadpoole was, as you say, jumped the shark if they're just a little over the top for me.
Speaker 1: Really, So I've got just at the top of my email because I just talked about the guy that sent in six picks from Paris uh friend on friend of Eli Deadpool Wolverine review movie review for me. F just f. He spelled out the word with ten exclamation points. He said, you're welcome. Chris Daughtry Deadpool Wolverine one, two, three, four, five Tamales five Tamali's praise, five Tomali's five, Chili Pepper's excellent movie, funny as hell, not kid friendly. I've got other reviews of this, people that went to the midnight screening. We talked about this on Friday. Will what was it about the movie? You said it jumped the shark. All I've received is amazing reviews about Deadpool.
Speaker 7: Well, to me, it's just a little a little over the extra, just all the extra cameos, all the extra stuff, and it just made me me just a middle aged fiddle here like it. It's just a little too much for me.
Speaker 1: I get.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 7: I enjoyed the first two movies. Yeah, we wouldn't watch the as we wouldn't watch the third movie. Yeshould they just I don't know. Maybe they're hot for me, which is a little too much hot for me there. Maybe I expected more from all the hope and all the tiktoks and all the advertisement I was here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a lot of hype surrounding us, which there was, Batman, I don't remember the.
Speaker 1: Last time somebody pimped a movie so much. And I don't watch the I don't want you know, we have stuff on in the background here, but you couldn't open up social media. You couldn't turn on your TV without seeing Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds. They were on you know, Kelly and her Husband's show, and then Good Morning America and Good Morning This and Good Morning Houston and Good They just there was nothing they didn't do. They said, they said no to nobody. They were just on every late night show. They hosted one of the late night shows. So they put in their work. Two hundred million dollars, the biggest opening ever for an R rated movie. All right, will I mean not everybody loved it, apparently. Let me take a short break. When we come back on a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the fresh.
Speaker 8: Hot Houston's alternative and tell them At The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The Buzz ninety.
Speaker 1: Four to five The Buzz, Welcome back rod Ryan Show. Let's Go Homeroom. Got a couple of Homeroom photographs Dallas Daniel wearing his stuff. Adam thecomp got his Homeroom shirt on today. I got my Homeroom shirt on today. Hello Homeroom. Uh, it's six twenty two, partly cloudy, ten percent chance of rain, high of ninety four today. What's trending?
Speaker 3: The number one search on Google right now is smoll Viles. She is the premier athlete. This is athlete, This is like the celebrities athlete. She's our hometown girl. But everyone's kind of watching her, cheering her. On the bi she tweaked her leg and kind of face adversary adversity. She still has like the highest score combined score.
Speaker 1: On all of the like the beam, the vault, and even bars was her lowest.
Speaker 3: But yeah, she she basically guaranteed a spot in the finals with her performance.
Speaker 1: And I know she she's super famous and she's got people coming at her. But Lady Gaga posted over the weekend on her Instagram, on her story watching I think on her main thing. It's like I'm watching the goat right here, right, and celebrities are posting about her, right that still has to like make freak her out a little bit. She's the goat. She is the goat.
Speaker 3: Also over the weekend, probably the biggest thing that happened here in Houston was the fact that Alex Bregman walked it off for the Astros versus the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I know he had the w last night, but man.
Speaker 3: If you caught any part of that game, it was just a rollercoaster of emotions. Down five, they come back Reregman just I don't know what did he say at the end? I was I was trying to you know, we read lips for our occupation is like this is my house or this is my hunt.
Speaker 1: I could not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I couldn't quite see it. But that was one of the best moments ever. And then Katie Ledecki also a top search on Google. She got emotional in her post four hundred free press conference believe you won a bronze medal, But that just.
Speaker 5: Adds for her collection. She's awesome.
Speaker 1: That's what's trending on ninety four five of us. I'll watched that race. Okay, where's our current champion here?
Speaker 9: Good morning everybody, it's Other John. You're fresh out of bed head to head one day champion. Congratulations auser on your third child. But it's not me and Jeremy on Milk Monday, and I hope to make it win number.
Speaker 1: Two seven one three, two one two five if you want to play here.
Speaker 4: Good summer.
Speaker 10: Oh god, it's shutting already.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show US five the buzz Moduskin begging, rod Ryan Show milf Monday. Good morning, home room, thank you for joining us. I hope you guys had a great weekend. Alex has his six picks. We had a listener out at the Olympics. You gotta check out these pictures. Haw how and I been to the Olympics before we went to the Winter Olympics. Checked these out. I got some listeners. Husband and wife out there in Paris here ten percent chance of rain partly claudey high of ninety four. Let's play a game, and now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge, Listeners to your corners, Other John, good morning, good morning. Here are you doing great. You're going for win number three today too. Unfortunately, Oh, win number two. That's right, I see it. I gotta written down here too, win number two. And you've been in the Hall of Fame? How many times?
Speaker 9: Two times?
Speaker 1: Two times? Hall of Fame? I know you're gonna know this. Have you played Kenny the cash Man before? Oh?
Speaker 9: My goodness, No, Kenny is interesting because Bill either blow me away or jumping super early for me.
Speaker 1: So well, we're gonna happen. We're gonna find that out. Good morning, Kenny, Kenny the complaining cash man.
Speaker 11: Not complaining, just cash man.
Speaker 1: Not yet? Yeah, you haven't. We haven't even asked the first question yet, Kenny. How many times in the Hall of Fame? Eight times? Eight times? All that bitching, all that bitching, all those years, eight times in the Hall of Fame, and I still can't make this guy happy? Okay, okay, what are they playing for? I've got a rod riding show t shirt? All right, Kenny? You played this year? Oh yeah, this would be my fourth time? Wow, fourth time? All right? Otheran, John, let's go step it up. Shout out your name. When you think you know the answer, here comes your questions. What makes a chewt choo sound and Kenny Kenny for speeding. Other John. What makes a chew choo sound and runs on a track a train? Did other John predict that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did other John?
Speaker 3: I don't think Kenny was speeding?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 12: I knew, yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought he had enough.
Speaker 5: I thought he had plenty to get that one right.
Speaker 1: I knew I messed up. Yeah. Wait a minute, Kenny, did you just say you messed up? You messed up like the game didn't mess up. There wasn't a delay. It wasn't It wasn't a crappy question. It was you.
Speaker 11: It was absolute.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's you on the phone. I really don't. I think somebody's calling in as you a I Kenny?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 1: Here we go a center. Next question Other John and Kenny. What five things?
Speaker 6: Kenny?
Speaker 1: Why would you do that? I go ahead? Kenny? Answer three? Two? Her one ring? He got it before the buzzer rings rings? What five things? Interlock for the Olympic logo? Wow? Okay, interesting, Other John? You're still with us?
Speaker 9: Oh okay, I'm just snapping over here.
Speaker 1: Okay, what garnish is used? Why would you do that? There? We go go ahead?
Speaker 11: Oh God, this one the other week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three two didn't pull that one off. I think other John's going to get this. What garnish is used in a Shirley Temple. He might not get it for three two one, But surry, Martina, Kerry, you did not get it before the buzzer. That is the correct answer. Though, that's too drink. But that's not an alcoholic drink. That's why John got an alcohol drink and he told us that he doesn't drink this one. I'm like, all right, I got you. You could drink a Shirley Temple Jones.
Speaker 4: That's a good question.
Speaker 1: Is using shirk plate.
Speaker 11: But I should have known with the dirty martini last.
Speaker 1: Week for the win. Guys, I don't know if this is a good game or not. It's a Monday game for sure. Here we go, Kenny, another John. What do you call the flying camera that can get aerial footage? Kenny, dron that can get aerial footage as you operate it from the ground. Drowne very very Monday. The thanks. I don't even think it's Kenny. I don't say, I don't. I don't. Chili can go and backlog, he can check the number. I don't think it's him. I have at the branded forever. Listen the new new Kay the cashboorn. Know you've said that before. Other than John, you should have got that Chiley Temple question would have been a different thing. All right, pulling right now. Just could not get it in before the buzzer. All right, Kenny, can you join us tomorrow? Absolutely all week? We're here only dude, so I'm inviting you to join us all week? All right. I'd love to join young on.
Speaker 12: The Right Right Show celebrating twenty years ninety four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Alienam Farms, cover of Smooth Criminal, rod Ryan's Show, Welcome back from the weekend, Everybody, No Monday, links and guests packed this morning. Nothing more important than the rod Ryan Show. Cares online store. It's really like our last big week. I'll probably will keep the store open just to try to get some extra money, but boy, I'm behind on the backpack money. We're gonna do something fun on Wednesday. But if you want to get your homeroom shirt, some of you are wearing your homeroom shirt this morning. I am check it out as you're watching us live Facebook on the X on the YouTube channel at Rod Ryan's show. I need you in that store this week. And if you don't need our merchandise, if you can drop twenty bucks in there, if you can drop a couple of dollars in there or whatever, I'll take that as well, so we can go get those backpacks. We're gonna give those out on Saturday. Ten percent chance of rain. I love talking about that partner Claudi's. Guys, I have ninety four. Oh he's back. Cransh out of bed Head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 11: Good morning everybody. Kenny the cash Man is back for a fourth time this year. This eight time Hall of Famer is now. You're fresh out of bed head to Head one day champion. Plan on hearing me all week long and join me on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: When I make it win. Them were two bitches. So I think most of you know that I usually work with people through when they win the champions. I work them through on their speeches. Sometimes, guys, hey, I don't want you to hold my hand. I can do this on my own. Kenny as long as he's been playing, and he's like, dude, go ahead, help me with the lines. And then we get done with the speech and he's like, dude, really good lines. Thank you. I think this is not you. That was not Kenny. That was not Kenny. Somebody that knows Kenny check on him because there's an imposter and there's no way that that's him. So to worry, he'll show his real self at some point this week. Don't worry. He can't. He won't be able to help himself. It's the fun that's to the day. We make you look smart in front of your body.
Speaker 4: It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 1: There's some fun facts for you today. Jared and Amber Cook they've been listening to us on iHeart for many, many years. They are at the Olympics right now. They sent in some six picks, honing in on Alex's action this morning. Yeah. Only two countries, there's hall right there. Hell and I went to the Olympics one year. Only two countries have participated in every Summer Olympics since they started in eighteen ninety six. Obviously Greece, anybody the other country, Great Britain, Great Britain. Good guess no, no, I guess we could just start naming all the countries Australia. Yeah, Australia has been in every Games since eighteen ninety six. There's a lot of countries boycotted certain years when like we didn't. I don't think we went to the nineteen eighty Summer Games. We've definitely we've got a couple. Yeah, the eighty Summer Games. That's why we were worried about Russia not coming here because we wanted to play them in hockey. They used to have the Olympics, the winner and the Summer Games in the same year. Okay, there's a there's a name for a person that studies flags. No, it's a vex illologist. That is vexillologists, and the art of designing flags is called a vexilography. Can you learn? Can you earn a living as a vexologist?
Speaker 4: Days?
Speaker 1: She made? She didn't study them, She didn't she designed Yeah, I guess she did design flags. Just one? Maybe is anybody important one? The most important? Is anyone's full time gig studying flags? Or do they have some kind of DoorDash deliverything on the side.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Miss Piggy and the Philly Fanatic were created by the same person. That's neat. Her name is Bonnie Erickson. She had a design company that ma mascots, and eventually she ended up working She not only did Miss Piggy, but that was like her first one. And then Jim Henson said, Okay, you got to come over here and work for menk it's the fuck that's of the day. We make you look smart and funny. Your buddys. This the fuck that's to the day. Okay, what are you giving away?
Speaker 3: Wow, I've got the passes to the Rod Rano Twin anniversary party at Carrock Room. That's right, shine down b October supplying theory uh, the X season more.
Speaker 1: Okay, you have to win your way in. It's your fun back, all right, the fun fat flash back. The Atlanta Falcons drafted a sixty five year old man in the seventeenth round of the nineteen seventy two NFL Draft. Who was it? Of course, the league vetoed the pick, but they did pick him seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. Okay, man, I'll go here there we go high out. That's it, brother Rod. Good morning, talk to me, Ben, talk to me baby. How'd you do on Friday.
Speaker 6: Friday was amazing. The Dow was up six hundred and fifty four points. Kick off this morning at forty thousand and five eighty nine. NASDAK up one hundred and seventy six to seventeen thousand, three point fifty seven benchmark ten year Treasury set a four point one five percent. Oil stands at seventy six dollars seventy two cents. The barrel to the most act is the big Studs three M, Salesforce and MX, the big duds MERK, Walmart and IBM. The economic this morning, it's all clear right now. Futures on the upside looking pretty good. Hang on to this be a pause opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm out of here.
Speaker 6: This is Hallan manager director with Ramy James Porte for The Rye Ryan Show from Ramy James on San felipp and Augusta. Don't for you get toys rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 8: Opinion's expressed are those of Hellland and not necessarily those are Raymond James of Associates Income Ember NYC, AS, IBC, I ART Radio or at sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. If there's no insurance Transmison, we'll get to me.
Speaker 1: This is not a.
Speaker 8: Solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to yourand this program is or an educational and informational purposes on the stones of utes are based on movement, as reported by.
Speaker 1: Young Finance ninety four or five. Buzz Welcome back, Rod Ryan Show, Come on your fun back. Good morning. Who's this Daniel? Hi, Daniel, Welcome to the show. The Atlanta Falcons drafted the sixty four year old in the seventeenth round of the nineteen seventy two NFL Draft. Who they draft? Daniel? Or did you did your line drop? John Wayne?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yes? Correct answer, Hey, no it didn't. You just said there, Daniel, Good morning, Daniel. Good morning to you, sir. How are you today? Did you just say John Wayne? That was a correct answer? You win? I did? Thank you? Phones something going on his phone, dude? You won?
Speaker 3: Hey, congratulations, man, I'm gonna give you a pair of passes to the Rod and Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 5: We'll see you.
Speaker 1: They're October twelfth at Carbak.
Speaker 5: Congratulations, Thank you all right, thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad it worked out because your phone sounds crabby. I don't know, Shelley, if we need to reset these phones. You know, it's a Monday, so who knows what kind of Windows update happened that just jacked everything. Daniel is into the party. You have to win your way into the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. It's October twelfth, Carbock Brewery. I think all week long. Well, let me check on that. I don't know if everyone's given away tickets this week. I know we have tickets eatune every day this week to that party. We also only and I say only, have a ten percent chance of rain. Love that partly cloudy Hi ninety four. Tessa has Houston's headline.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: City of Houston will be celebrating late Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee with a serious of.
Speaker 1: Remembrance events this week.
Speaker 3: She the longtime Houston lawmaker, died at seventy four years old. Her body will be lying in state today City Hall from nine am to seven pm. I believe President Joe Biden will be in Houston a day to pay his respect, and then Vice President Kamala is returning to Houston for her funeral, which is an invitation only funeral service on Thursday morning at Fallbrook Church on Walters Road.
Speaker 5: So that's a big story happening this weekend.
Speaker 3: Also, state legislators will question leaders at Center Point Energy today about the company's performance after Hurricane Beryl hit Houston. There is a state ordered investigation looking into centerpoint to actions, and Centerpoint must provide a full report to Governor Greg Abbott.
Speaker 1: By the end of the year.
Speaker 3: Company executives have issued a public apology during a hearing last Thursday.
Speaker 1: They had to.
Speaker 3: They were kind of grilled for the in front of the Public Utility Commission of Texas. The Commission is developing an online survey for Houstonians to respond to.
Speaker 1: It should be available in the next few weeks.
Speaker 3: Hey, Happy National Chicken wing Day everyone, really Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Trying to settle it once and for all.
Speaker 3: On the Ron Ryan Show Twitter page, the ex what's better flats or drums?
Speaker 1: Flats?
Speaker 5: Agree, Alex, I don't really care, but I guess i'd go.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm not tossing a drum off my plate, correct, But I mean, do you tend to grab one more than the others? If you give me chicken wings. I'll eat them flats. I mean, if you if I had to pick Maybago flats. But I don't know the ratio because you're gonna say, okay, well, drumsticks, there's more meat on there. There probably is, But the ratio of the skin to the meat and the sauce, it's perfection with a flat. Yeah, flats all the way flat.
Speaker 2: There's no question if you give you a wing, if it's boneless, if it's boning, I don't care.
Speaker 1: I'll eat it no matter what because wings are due. Drums. Drums are beating flats. I saw that.
Speaker 5: I saw that at last check, which is interesting.
Speaker 1: Good that that makes me happy. I'm like, good, more flats for me. Okay, you are drums. Forty six percent of you are flats. Happy National Chicken Wing Day. We have a link up. There's all kinds of uh chicken wing specials today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like Wingstop, Buffalo Wild Wings, Applebee's Popeye.
Speaker 1: So you can go check all that if you didn't know.
Speaker 3: The Mayor of Buffalo, New York, declared this a holiday back in nineteen seventy seven. So this is a forty eighth year that National Chicken Wing Day has been celebrated Robert DDY Junior is returning to the Marvel Cinematic Universe as the villainous Doctor Doom and Avengers Doomsday. He says, new Mass, same task. What I tell you, I like playing complicated characters. So that's some pretty big news for the Marvel Cinematic Universe again, he's returning. He revealed on stage among a group of people that he would be you know, new Mass, same task. That's where he comes out with the quote. There is a comics book storyline where Doctor Doom takes on the role of Iron Man, So maybe there could be a connection to you.
Speaker 1: What I was gonna say, Can you guys that follow these movies, can you just pretend.
Speaker 2: That if there's eight thousand movies and everybody like plays different people than Yeah.
Speaker 1: But how can he play two universe?
Speaker 5: There's seventy five Spider Mans.
Speaker 1: They can all be the same person. Are you buying him as an character? And can you look at him and not see iron Man? That would that's amazing. I only see him as Doctor Doom. Actually I don't even see him as I All the actors out there, you could have had anybody you wanted, and you took somebody that everybody already associates with someone else. It's weird to me, but the way that they did the reveal, I guess Comic Con the San Diego one is still a big one. He surprised everybody on stage, so when you see the unmasking in the reveal, it is pretty cool. The place loses their minds when they see him under the mask. So that's a link on links and guests and music news.
Speaker 3: This past Friday, if you didn't know, was a one year anniversary of Snad O'Connor's passing, and a cause of death has finally been announced. Her death certificate list natural causes but says she passed from COPD chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbated by bronfield asthma. She'd also been suffering from a respiratory tract infection at the time, so if you don't know, she was found unresponsive in her apartment in London, sadly unable to be revived, so you know, her mental health which people were concerned about, that didn't play a direct role in her passing, according to the death certificate. Also in other Shenadoconnor news, there is a National Wax Museum in Dublin. They had to remove a wax statue of her because pretty much everyone thought it was terrible. Even her brother called it like inappropriate. He said, the museum can do better. If you want to see what we're talking about, you can go to the music work page. Those are used some sidelines.
Speaker 1: Take it, Alex.
Speaker 2: The Astros fell of the Dodgers yesterday, six to two. They did take two of three from LA over the weekend, though they're still tied for first place in the Al West with the Mariners.
Speaker 1: Today they're gonna open up a three game series with the Pirates. That minute made.
Speaker 2: It'll be Jake Bloss in the mount that Destro's going up against Pittsburgh's Paul Skimes first pitches at sevent ten. You could listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In the Olympics, the US currently has the most medals so far in the Paris Games. They got the fifth most gold medals with three. They have twelve total medals. China, Japan, Korea, and Australia have more golds than US currently, so Noble highlights from yesterday. The US men's basketball team beat Serbia, the women's soccer team top to Germany. Tory Husk and Gretchen Walsh got gold and silver, and the women's one hundred meters fly and Laurence Scruggs won gold for US in fencing. In in football news, we are only a few days away from the start of the NFL preseason.
Speaker 1: The Texans are gonna kick it off against.
Speaker 2: The Bears in the NFL's Hall of Fame game on Thursday night in Canton, Ohio, celebrating Andre Johnson getting inducted into the Football Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: That what's going on in sports? The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz some forty one's Fat Lip rod Ryan Show on this mill for Monday. Welcome back from the weekend, everybody. Hope you guys had a great weekend. I haven't had a chance to dig around too much. I saw we had a great couple that sent in some six picks today. They're in Paris at the Olympics. They are some iHeart listeners. I believe from Colorado. Alex has his six picks. I haven't had a chance to look at those yet, but those are sitting waiting for you on links and guests. I just did a start and listen. You don't have to do that. Daniel, who just won those rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party tickets. He's like, I wanted to apologize for the crappy phone call. Thanks so much for the tickets. He's super excited to go to the party. Daniel, I don't know that it was your fault. I mean, if a phone sounds bad, I'm assuming it's the equipment here. I just assume that that is all on our end. I appreciate the email. You don't have to apologize, I asked, Chili. He just said, well, you know, there's the cloud and all of that. I did a hard restart over here, Chili. Does that mean that I knock us off of Facebook Live and all of that when I do that? Or are we still Are we still up and running?
Speaker 10: Naw, We're still up and running because I got it on my aim still going, so we're still on that.
Speaker 1: So you just told me to do that just to shut me up. Yeah, this restart of my computer didn't really have to happen. You did it to shut me up.
Speaker 10: No, I mean I'd say it if it'll make you feel better, Go ahead and do it.
Speaker 1: But is I to do it on my aim right now?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Will that knock us off of Facebook? Yes? So I have to go over there and star. Are you up the game? Okay? So as long as one of us is on it, then we're still good, all right, So restart on your end because we got three games today. The guy sounded fine on fresh out of bed, head to head, so and the first phone call the day was good. So I just think it was maybe it was Daniel's phone. Maybe you should apologize for that crappy phone, Daniel. Maybe it was you. I don't know, I don't know. It's all right, it's all good. Texas Hammer game this hour. Well, let me back up, Let me back up, because that's it. The rod Ryan showed twenty Thin a Verse three party October twelfth, Carbock Brewery. The announcement was last week. It was met with a lot of excitement from a lot of you wanting to get in. Unfortunately, we're only giving away one pair a day today or this week, so that was it. But other great things were given away. How about Rose five four three two and then front row tickets on Friday show for the third Eye Blind concert, which is Saturday night. So we're gonna count down in those first five rows. So row five, So yeah, roll five today on the Texas Hammer Game, I mean third time line. All they gotta do is play that first album. It's not like they don't have other music, but they had five singles off of that first album. The first album is their greatest hits album. Yeah, so it's kind of like Alantis, Morris sat or Hoodie. You know, you play that first album, everyone's gonna be happy. So that's what's gonna happen on Saturday night. So we're gonna get into the Texas Hammer Game coming up in just a little bit. Suburb Summer Sissler. That's where I'm a little bit more sensitive. If there's phone issues, I can't have that game. Screw up man. That's six thousand dollars on the chopping block Charles from Katie taken on Tom from League City. If you haven't seen your suburb on there yet, it's not too late for you to get in on the game. So make sure you go to the page and you'll see sponsored by Shell Federal Credit Union. If you don't see your suburb in that bracket, that means you're eligible to play. That means you're eligible. I will keep the sign up going on until we get to the second tier of the bracket. It's anyone's chance to get in and play this game, all right, So that's not until around eight twenty. Chris Staplden tickets and then, believe it or not, we're gonna talk about Monster Jam on the show today. Monster Jam October nineteenth, tickets go on sale. I think next Tuesday we're gonna give away tickets before they go on sale. We'll have four packs of tickets all week and pit passes. I was told the Rod Ryan Show Master Jam Truck is going to be performing in this thing. So it's just the one show in October that we're going to be a part of. So we'll talk Monster Jam in the fourth and final hour of the show today. You guys know about your aura points? Are a point? Do you know about your aura points?
Speaker 4: Nine?
Speaker 1: You guys, you're sixty nine of them. Don't know about the points? You just lost so many aura points by not knowing you. By not knowing what your aura points are, you lose aura points. Okay, jen Zers are using them in a jokey way, I guess to track how cool they are. Now, I just try to keep up on some of these things. It's very hard to keep up on all of this. So someone posted a video of a girl pushing on a door that's a pull, and that's negative one thousand aura points. Wasn't in our old building in the studio. It was a pull, and somebody like haha, jokie put push on it. So anyone that didn't regularly work in the studio lost a thousand AURA points every time because they were following that and the guy that put it there so many aura points. So a teacher, yeah, yeah, yeah, I guess they would go up every I think they get extra points every time somebody you know eats it. Every time someone eats it on that joke. So a teacher's kind of blowing up on TikTok. This teacher is explaining everything you need to know about our points. I have this and so much more. The oldest, the oldest woman, the oldest human person, the oldest person, thank you in America is here in Houston. She's not the oldest in the world. I think there's two other people that are older than her. But the oldest person in America is in Houston, just had a birthday. She's on three Things you Must See too, so Ora points super old, awesome lady. And then this hot air balloon which I don't know. It kind of was on a bucket list of mine, and then I don't know, I just kind of lost interest in it being in a hot air balloon. I thought I wanted to do that really bad. And then I'm okay with not having that checked. I'll do it if the I won't go out of my way to do it. But if if the, if it presents itself to me, I'm down for it. But I'm not seeking it out anymore. I still want to do it. You do, yeah, Okay, it seems a little crazy. The steering. There's not really wind. There's not really steering, right, I don't know how to control where it goes now, where the wind blows the wind decided well. A hot air balloon was forced to land in the middle of a neighborhood near Seattle last week, within ten feet of the nearest house. So I got a hot air balloon landing in a very densely populated neighborhood. I still want to go and I am not I'm not. I'm even more not seeking it out after this videos. Three things to get out, Three things you must see. It's it's I spent a lot of time on the link that you guys look at least go to win the best game in Houston. Who wants it? Okay, if you want it, you gotta want it. You gotta want it if you want to play the Texas Hammer Game Row five third eye blind tickets Saturday night called Chilly Now on our awesome phones seven one, three, two, two, five, nine, four five, Get in the queue. Houston's Rock, Houston's Alfernatives, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five to buzz. Welcome back. This is your Rod Ryan Show on a Monday. Welcome back from the weekend. You know every Monday we played the Texas Hammer Game. We got a full bank of calls ready to play that game. We're gonna start counting down on the first five rows for a Saturday night's concert. Will tell you all about it in a moment. First, got a temper cent chance of rain, partly cloudy, high of ninety four. You want your Auras score to go up, you should tell us what's trending right now? Oh, let me do it.
Speaker 3: And Cassie Cassidy Cook and Sarah Bacon also known as a Cook and Team. Cook and Bacon became the first American athletes to medal at the Paris Games on Saturday morning. So they got our first counts in the metal in the metal victories they were silver. But it's pretty cool because Cassidy Cook is from the Woodlands, so yeah, so a hometown representing big time. Another Olympic moment that you guys probably saw Flavor Flav being a super fan for the women's water polo team. The US women's water polo team is such an iconic thing, such an iconic memory, I think for all of us that are into the.
Speaker 1: Olympics, and he's everywhere, like wearing that you know, they got to wear that head gear so they don't get the so they don't get their ears bashed in, and he's just walking around the Olympic village. He's everywhere. I mean, he's Flavor Flav. He's so recognizable, but he's got the he's got the head gear on and he's been a really fun addition. Him and Snoop are probably like the two takeaways that they've been so fun to see interacting with everybody, snoop taking pictures with people and him doing his was that the crip walk or whatever it all of It's been great. I really I'm here for every moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Flavor Flay definitely like America's girl dad right now. And speaking of girl dads, Jason Kelsey is all in on supporting the rugby team US rugby, him and his daughters and his wife Kylie. They are at the Paris Olympics and he was in the rugby team's locker room after their winning game against Brazil.
Speaker 1: So it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: They were asking him, they were like, hey, like women's water, Polo has flavor.
Speaker 1: Flavor Like you want to be our like our girl dad. So I thought that was a sweet moment. And then something crazy.
Speaker 3: Guys, this couple was rescued after a thirty six hour search. They were diving and they're divers and they were in the Gulf of Mexico and a storm swell took them under, so they got separated from their boat from their crew everyone thirty six hours they were being looked for. They were both dehydrated, they had jellyfish stings. The dudes a diabetic and he almost went into a diabet at coma, but they found them and they are going to be Aoka.
Speaker 1: Coastguard. Big shout out to the Coast Guard for that rescue. That's what's trending. On ninety four to five The Buzz so real quick, Roscoe Hill boxing, Klein High School. These are all olympians. Cassidy Cook diving, Woodlands, Simone Biles gymnastics spring, Orrin Buiser rugby. I saw that kid, he's young Woodlands rugby player. I saw him score. That was pretty fun. Jonathan Healthy Taekwondo Spring Texas, Alisha Elisha Jackson track and field Spring, Jacob Wooten track and field, Tomball Texas. I mean we're representing, Yeah, we're representing. I know we have a ton of delegates, a ton of athletes there, but this area has got a lot. So that's really something to be proud for. We're proud about absolutely. This is damn handler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer Game. What Ron Ryan on ninety four band All right, so go ahead tell us about those tickets again real quick. So we're doing five four three two one this week.
Speaker 3: That means today someone's gonna win a pair of fifth row tickets to see Third Eye Blind with Yellow Card in Arizona. They played this Saturday night at the Woodlands Pavilion. Tickets round sat taking master dot com. But fifth row right here available for the text hammer hands.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, Amber says she knows what's up? Good morning? Oh no, I'm for well, just just nail it, okay, stip stick stick, the lands stick, the landing. I'm going to play a clip The Texas Hammer's gonna spit some lyrics. Okay, real easy, you tell me the name of the band, the name of the song. Boom. We get to these great tickets, we part ways as great friends, and then we move on to the next element of the show. Okay, okay, all right, easy, right. I don't know if I could have set it up any make it any more easy? All right, here we go. Let's take a listen together, in.
Speaker 13: Every truth that you deny, in each regret, in each goodbye.
Speaker 1: Name of the band, name of the song, Amber, I don't have it.
Speaker 13: Wow?
Speaker 1: All right, Well we go from Amber to Sandra. Sandra, good morning, oh, good morning, good morning. Let's take a listen to the Texas Hammer.
Speaker 13: Here in every truth that you deny in each regret, in each goodbye, deny, bye bye what you got.
Speaker 1: I'm a safe.
Speaker 3: Because I don't got it?
Speaker 1: Oh all right? Seven one three, Thank you Sandra, seven one three, two and two five nine four five. If you think you know it still Ron Ryan Show, I pooped, but ninety four to five bozz. Good morning, rod Ryan shoe Sirvanna, come as you are not a Monday, Welcome back from the weekend. I hope it was a great weekend for you. I think we are coming out of this rain situation, which is amazing, unbelievable, how much rain we've had. I don't have to tell you that ten percent chance of rain today. I love talking about that. Tomorrow Sun's gonna come out today. Party Claude, tomorrow Sun. They're telling us we're going to see the sun tomorrow today. Highs up around ninety four. So with the rain, we're getting out of the eighties and move back into the nineties where we need to be. July and August. All right, what else, Well, it's you know, it's the last week. I do need to mention the Rod Ryan Show Cares online store. I'm probably wearing my homeroom for a t shirt for first time we've ever done first time we've ever done a specific homeroom T shirt. So I'm wearing mind today. Many of you have gotten your stuff in the mail, and if you did get if you received your T shirts and stuff, I just took a picture too. I don't talk much about it, but we have like a The only way to describe it is a Stanley ripoff. One of those style cups in the Rod Ryan Show hair is online store and I've been probably using that for about a week now. I've been very, very excited about getting that in the mail. So all this merchandise, all this it's it's all for backpacks. It's all for the kiddos. We're trying, I think every I'm starting to see all kinds of different things now for school and back I'm starting to see back to school. The aisles and the stores are starting to recognize it. So we kind of beat you up all summer long. But boy, this Saturday, oh my god, this Saturday. Thursday is August. I believed Wednesday might be August. No, Thursday's August, damn it so is Saturday, the third. We're passing out backpacks to the kids full of school supplies. I need you to get in that store.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I need some more money. I need some money. I do I need more money. I'm sorry, I'm just now I'm begging. I'm bigging like Monuskin. I'm begging at this point for you to go into the store and spend some money. Drop some dollars in there. I really really appreciate that. You can find it easily on the world famous Rod Ryan show page at the buz dot com. This is Damn Handler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer Game. Mister Adler gave us five grant with Ron Ryan on ninety four. Yeah, dude wrote us a five thousand dollars check. Thank you, thank you, and thank you to everybody that took a picture with a hammer. Now let's get back to the task at hand. Here, this is the Texas Hammer Game. We have the lyrics. You have to tell me the name of the band. You have to tell me the name of the song. Brent thinks he has it. Good morning, Brent. How you doing Rod, I'm doing good. How are you today?
Speaker 4: I'm good man. Just back at it on Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. Let's take a listen to the great Texas Hammer.
Speaker 13: Here in every truth that you deny, in each regret, in each goodbye.
Speaker 1: Name of the band, name of the song, Brent, Lincoln Park, New Divide, Alex. So that sounds correct. You know, you know why it sounds correct because Alex told me what it was. So that's how I know it. Yeah, you are the winner of the Texas Hammer game, Brent. What are you giving them?
Speaker 3: You'll be in the Fifth Road to see Third Eveline with Yellow Card in Arizona this Saturday at Woodland's Congratulations.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, guys.
Speaker 4: You'll have a good morning too.
Speaker 1: Man, I appreciate you. I appreciate you. First two gals kind of struggled with those lyrics, Brent said, I got it. I got you. Thank you for the great Texas Hammer, for helping us out with our backpack drive and letting us play this silly game every Monday.
Speaker 13: Every trait that you deny in each regret, in.
Speaker 1: Each that's so good. So it still puts a smile on my face every time we play this game. Here's the song, it's Slink in Park and New Divide ninety four or five the buzz Lincoln Parks New Divide, Thank you again, to the Texas Hammer for helping us out and all the things that we do, but helping us out each and every Monday to allow us to play the game. We'll help your onf to a great start to your day. I did do a poll question and it is National Chicken wing Day. Yeah, and the argument is about as split as it could possibly be. Man, I wanted to I wanted to settle this once and for all when it came to chicken wings. It's flats and drums. Some people don't call them flats. I don't know two boners. I don't know the two boners.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: People ask me, what's a flat? What do you call it? I mean that's what I've always called it. I mean I'm from Buffalo.
Speaker 3: Drums and flats, two types, that's it. Yeah, wings on your plate.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But if I said flats, I mean you knew immediately which I was what I was talking about? Or do you need do you need the setup of drums and flats? And then by deduction you figure, oh, that's the other one.
Speaker 3: No, I'm more confused by you say some people don't call them flats.
Speaker 5: I'm like curious as to what they call them.
Speaker 1: It's split I'm wanting to settle which one is better. You said flats. I did too. Alex is like, I don't care. I get it chicken wings or chicken wings, But what I'm grabbing is the flat. A pileo wings is sitting there. What's the first thing you grab? A flat? Absolutely? So the drums fifteen forty nine point seven percent flats, it is. That is the tightest pole question we've ever done.
Speaker 3: Do you have my favorite flavor of Buffalo wings or is it just classic Buffalo sauce for you?
Speaker 1: So what I'm now liking, I've always said the reason I got kicked out of Buffalo is because I can't eat real hot wings. Can't eat hot food. And I suck at bowling and Western New York. That's it. It's bowling in wings, you know. So I sucked at both of them. I like the barbecue wings. And then when they put them on the pit and they get little gummy they get do you understand that? Like yeah, like sticky? Yes, So the barbecue sauce becomes a little sticky because they soak them in the sauce and then they throw them on the pit and that really gums them up and it's it is absolutely my favorite wing by far. If you know, not everybody offers that put them on the pit after you've sawced them. God that barbecue sauce though, because you know, I guess the sugar in it is what maybe like caramelizes a little bit, and the stickiness of it. It's the best. It's the best. I mean, what is it?
Speaker 2: What do you like?
Speaker 1: Lemon pepper? I do like lemon pear. It's weird that people freak out over lemon pepper. It is so mid to me.
Speaker 5: I do like lemon pepper.
Speaker 1: It's a top flavor for you. I oh yeah.
Speaker 3: When I if I order and I get like three choices of wings, I gotta go hot, like original hot, then I go lemon pepper, and then the third one is always like it just depends in the mood. I'm either getting something like casian or garlic parmeasures.
Speaker 1: When you order hot, you trust yourself that no matter what it is that they're calling hot, you're gonna be okay with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Actually, and I get aside, I like a side of like whatever is the hottest, Like I don't want it on my wings because I don't want that time, But I do want to like dip a little for a little heat.
Speaker 1: Right, Think about how you guys freak out when I say pop down here, and I don't use the term soda. The reaction is crazy down here, like people jump on them. Where are you from? Boy? Where are you from? Boy?
Speaker 3: Pop?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll get the same reaction ordering ranch dressing with your wings? Up north? Where are you from?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Where you use guys from because around here we do blue cheese and blue cheese only.
Speaker 3: My brothers went up there for a football game and they said when they asked her, branch.
Speaker 1: Threw some like packets at them, like you are treated Like when I say pop, I'm treated second class, you're treated third class. Up North. It's like, here's this discussing.
Speaker 3: It was just like impact, like the blue cheese was homemade in Higgins and then like and so they put that down.
Speaker 1: They're like, oh, can we have some rich juicy? Said?
Speaker 3: They came back and just like threw a couple like U wrath packets of ranch.
Speaker 1: And that's what needs to be explained. The blue cheese up there is so good, you know. I guess you guys could get clothes like Marie's or whatever you got in the in the store, you know, in the you know where the where the cold dressings are. I mean, Marie sucks. It sucks that dress. I'm sorry. If mss Marie's listening, you're you're blue cheese dressing sucks. The best thing you could order, and I just fat boy doesn't need it. Rudy's if you ever wanted to taste what real blue cheese and buffalo tastes like. I don't know if you can order it. I never looked into because I don't want it. It's so good. Rudi's is the premiere blue cheese, and you'll you'll know why some people are grossed out by blue cheese. And I get it. I love it. I get it. Oh my god, I love it. I love it again. Alex doesn't care, doesn't care. Flats drums you do, so you won't use it, so I will not ever use it. Do you use ranch exclusively or do you just not dip? I think, like if you if you're trying to like judge a wing, yeah, yeah, yeah, if you're if you're doing a judging of the wing. But I mean, just at eating the wings, you dip them, right? You like the dip?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well, the wing debate is on the X at rod Ryan's Show. There's Wing deals today around town. That's on Links and Guests, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four, The Buzz rod Ryan's Show on this Monday, Milk Monday. The Suburb of Summer Sizzlers coming up next hour. We have Katie taking on League City. I think Chile has matchups made. Uh, he's putting these together. He's got matchups I think for all week right now. So if your suburb hasn't appeared yet in the brackets, then you can still apply to play. We got Charles from Katie Tom from League City. Head to head winner advances in the brackets, wins nothing, but just keeps their eye on that prize on that five thousand dollars to win the whole damn thing. Loser goes home. That's it. One game, one game to prove yourself in the brackets. Ten percent chance of ring partly Cloudey Hip ninety four. We'll get into that at around eight twenty. Right now, we got Tessa in Houston's headlines and.
Speaker 3: Vice President Kamala Harris is returning to Houston this week for the funeral of Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee. She will attend the imitation only funeral service on Thursday morning at Falbrook Church on Walters Road. Jackson Lee passed away earlier this month month at age seventy four. Thursday trip to Houston will be Kamala's third visits to Texas in the past month. Jackson Lee's body is lying in state today at Houston City Hall from nine am to seven pm. President Joe Biden will be in Houston today to pay his respects. He is also expected to be in Austin this afternoon to deliver a keynote address at the LBJA Presidential Library. So he'll be marking the anniversary of the Civil Rights Act of nineteen sixty four. So that's kind of the political stuff. There are wildfires at are the main topic on the western part of our country right now. There are hundreds of thousands of acres that are already burned. Governor Greg Abbott is sending a small army of firefighters from here from Texas to northern.
Speaker 1: California to help them battle that wildfire. It's the Park Fire.
Speaker 3: It has scorched an area bigger than Los Angeles Abbot is dispatching one hundred firefighters to the scene, along with a fleet of twenty five fire engines and other vehicles and resources. The governor says, the nation is stronger when we come together in times of crisis. The deployment is being coordinated through the Emergency Management Assistant Compact, which helps states support each other. So we send these firefighters that are going over there, we send them our prayers. If you go to the rod ranhow blog page, you will find a rundown of some of the fun viral moments from the opening weekend of the Summer Olympics in Paris. Now, if you didn't know, opening ceremonies were on Friday, and it marked a comeback performance for Celine Dion.
Speaker 1: There was so much.
Speaker 3: It was raining, but there was so much performing and dancing an artistry.
Speaker 1: There were Marianntoinettes with their head cut off and Gozira was rocking out on a castle. I mean, did you guys see that bad?
Speaker 5: I was ecstatic.
Speaker 3: I got everyone talking because metal we were talking about, you know, people's interest in the Olympics and whatever the poll showed. You couldn't tell from your feeds over the weekend. If no one cares or not, because it seems that the people that are locked in are really locked in. Snoop Dogg was a torch bearer. He's been all over the place. Whereder you mentioned him. He's high af everywhere sea walking. You have Flavor Flave cheering down the water polo team overall ten out of ten blog page and Olympic coverage so far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's some fun viral moments and we've got them all for you on one blog page. Chill. He has that up on links and guests and there's some really really fun stuff.
Speaker 3: The metal horse on the river, Alex, you said you wanted one of those. That looked pretty crazy. It looked like an AI horse. Just the boats on the river was just something we had never seen before.
Speaker 1: The opening ceremonies were on water river boat parade cool. Lebron looked pretty cool with the flag. Lebron like leading the charge at the flag. Yeah, looked like he was like leading like Washington going down to Della, Delaware. That's what I'm sure he was going for that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Deadpool Wolverine opened this weekend this past weekend with two hundred and five million dollars at the domestic box office for their movie. That makes it the eighth biggest opening of all time. The movie Deadpool Wolverine also set the record for the biggest opening for an R rated movie. Queens of the Stone Anger extending their force vacation. The band had to cancel eight European tour dates last month so that front Josh Homie could recover from.
Speaker 1: An emergency surgery. He needs more time to mend. So but we don't know right Like, this is another one of those Jamie Foxx situations where they're not saying specifically what it is.
Speaker 3: They're not saying specific but there they are saying that it's doctor's orders that Josh remain in doctor's care in the United States. So these seven shows that have been canceled, I mean, they include a bunch of big stocks Portugal, Norway, France, and they can't do it.
Speaker 5: So those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we hope he heals up.
Speaker 4: What you got.
Speaker 2: Astro was fellow the Dodgers yesterday sixty two. They did take two of three from LA over the weekend, though they're still tied for first place in the Al West with the Mariners as well. Tonight they're gonna open up a three games series with the Pirates at minute made. Jake Blos will be on the mount for the Stros, going up against.
Speaker 1: Pittsburgh's Paul s. Pittsburgh's Paul skeens first pitches at sevent ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 2: In the Olympics, US has currently got the most overall medals so far in the Paris Games with twelve. They have the fifth most gold medals with three, behind China, Japan, Korea, and Australia. So notable highlights from yesterday, the US men's basketball team beat Serbia one ten to eighty four, the US women's soccer team top of Germany four to one, and then in swimming, Tory Husk and Gretchen Walsh both got gold and silver and the women's swimming in the one hundred meter fly and Lawrence Scruggs won gold for US. In fencing and football were only a few days away from the start of the NFL preseason. Texans are gonna get to kick it off against the Bears on Thursday in the NFL's Hall of Fame game to commemorate Andre Johnson going into the Hall of Fame in Canton this week.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in Sports five the Bus, Good Morning, brod Ryan Show. That's Green Day, Welcome to Paradise. Halfway part of the show, Pee put suburb of Summer Sizzler coming up. Katie takes on League City Sizzling all week long, each and every morning at eight twenty, we work our way through these brackets. You can go see everything. You can still sign up to play. If your suburb hasn't been repped yet on the show, you can still sign up. Suburb Summer Sizzler sponsored by Shell Federal Credit Union five thousand dollars, two hundred and fifty dollars going to the winner. The final four people all get two hundred and fifty bucks. Five thousand goes to the winner of the whole damn thing. So I can't wait to sizzle. Later on, we got Chris Stapleton tickets for you all week long. We haven't given those away yet. We'll do that closer to around nine ten. And then Monster Jam tickets. We got Monster Jam back in our lives October nineteenth. I get to go on sale next Tuesday, and there'll be some pre sale opportunities. But the best part about it is we have tickets and we'll give away four packs every day this week with pit passes, so that's in your future. On the show, the flats have overtaken the drums finally. Yes, the question this morning deals with National Chicken Wing Day, so trying to settle it once and for all. What's better flats or drums? That question is on the x Chili, are we back up running on everything? I can't see him because he didn't reset it in here, Chili. Are we still Facebook live X live? You're still doing all that stuff? Yes, sir from the YouTube channel everything? Hi YouTube? Can you see my shirt today? I can't see you, Chili, Yeah, I can see it. Okay. Home room for life even though we're at the halfway point of the show. Sound like a thug saying that homeroom homeroom for life, Man, I am a home room. First hour of the show. We have a we have a shirt talking specifically about the first hour of the show called homeroom.
Speaker 10: Actually, I'm going to I'm going to be MP today after work to go get some shirts.
Speaker 1: So okay, very good, Yeah, go pick up mine mine. Your stuff is waiting to yes, I need anything for you. I was on the X and I saw some of you. Thank you. Mondo got three shirts. He got the Astrodome look at one, bring on the Houston Sunrise one, which that is that's Pleasure Peer that we used for that on that shirt. So and then the twentieth year anniversary one. Here is Kate Stopher. She's got her Homeroom shirt on thank you very Much. I saw Ashley with an eye with her shirt and her merchandise. So, yeah, the store, I'm gonna I'm gonna beat you up big time this week on the store. I need you in there. I need you in there. I was waiting for the first email to come in and it was Trevor who said, what a stupid list. Hb's not on there. Get it off your website. What is it America's Best Grocery Stores Listen. I know, and I'm going to include myself in this.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I know us Texans, we like all things Texas, but we do live in a bubble people, and EGIB is not in any other states a friendly neighbors. It's there's I looked it up. There's about three hundred and eighty stores, and I think there might be a couple in Mexico, but that's it there. Hib is a Texas store, So it didn't make it didn't make the best grocery store list. I think you have to be in multiple markets. No, they're just being lazy and not coming down here, so they don't get it, are they? Yeah, momivate this list.
Speaker 3: If they went into an HIB, I guarantee you they'd be like, you know what, this is the best one we've been to.
Speaker 1: You sound like the people that when Dinah was here, she would talk that way about publics. And that's a Southern Carolina's Alabama Rocks, Florida, Georgia.
Speaker 2: See, you know, because you went there after church on Sundays and we would get pub subs.
Speaker 1: That was you have to go.
Speaker 3: You have to go to know.
Speaker 1: Number two on this list Wegmans. You guys familiar with it? Or no, you never heard of it? No, Wegmans. I got a sub there. So Buffalo known for the chicken wings. I rave about how great the pizza is, but the subs, what's different about it? I don't know. Shredded lettuce figured it out. I figured it out. Shredded shredded lettuce on a sub is just so awesome and salt, pepper oil oil is important. Oil and mayo on that sandwich. So the Wegmans. Wegmans came in second, the Great Wall Supermarket. There's only twenty two stores, but they're in seven states, and it's a I think it caters to Asians. Way more stores should be ATV has three hundred and eighty stores. You're right. Wegmans has about one hundred stores. They were number two. Publics was three, but they're in eight states. But it is weird. Publics is the only other supermarket that I've heard people I don't know, I mean, was it. I like CHIB. I think it's great, but Kroger's closer, and I go there more. It's just closer. I'm about it. I'm convenient me too. And I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: There's a Central Market, which is a one thousand dollars per item right out of the house. Then there's a Costco, which is cheaper, but you have a bulk supply of something and I don't always need that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's tough when you're cooking for one or two.
Speaker 5: But the I mean, Kroger's probably closer than CHIV.
Speaker 1: But gotta go Chib Sprouts came in at five, Whole Foods came in at seven, Albertson, Albertson's at nine, Kroger at ten. America's Best Retailers. Newsweek has been running a whole series on this, so they finally got around to the grocery stores. And yeah, that's the reason the AGIB is not on the list. I just don't think there's enough of them, even though the number one store only has twenty two stores in seven states. Crap crack, Okay, guys, I want to sizzle. I want to sizzle on this Monday. Low chances of rain ten percent chance of rain, specifically partly cloudy's guys, high of ninety four. That's the summer SIZZLEHI need Cady taking on League City. We'll meet Charles and Tom after the break. Houston's rocking alternative, The Ryan Morning.
Speaker 4: Show six to ten am, ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the bus Welcome back Rod Ryan Show. All right, we're getting set up for the sizzler. We're gonna say hi to the two people that will be squaring off against one another. Ten percent chance of rain, nothing over that today or tonight, partly cloudy. High of ninety four, and I think we're getting the sun out tomorrow. All right, let's go what's trending, says six Picks from the weekend. Oh I haven't had a chance.
Speaker 5: You haven't seen that little baby Emma face.
Speaker 1: Oh I want to go see go look at that little baby. That's that's Alex had no part of that.
Speaker 5: That's just Emma, that child.
Speaker 1: I can't when am I going to see?
Speaker 5: It's gonna be when she starts talking.
Speaker 1: Then we'll know that's now it's baby, Lord help us.
Speaker 5: Also, you're looking at.
Speaker 1: Girl blog page is doing well a set.
Speaker 3: He found women who don't have sex at least once a week are seventy percent more likely to die in the next five years. So get it in, ladies, Please please tell ye that page for your health and for your youth. You got some gypsy ros Blanchard there too, she got some ink. That chick who's out of jail after she plotted her Mom.
Speaker 1: Dude, my wife is watching the show she's on, oh, the Lifetime one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah that And then of course Monday, and uh, I gotta go look at the couple that sent in their picks from the Olympics. So they they did a six picks too, So that's what's trending on Nighty for five that buzz I think it's Jared Cook.
Speaker 1: Your kid is all your wife. Yeah, that's good though. All Right, all right, alex Is is pizza and your kid. You didn't feed any pizza to your kid. You probably smell it. Hold on, dad, give me some of that pizza. All right, alex Is six picks killing it right now on links and guests. Very good. I want to say hi to some people that are going to be battling it out to the death. Good morning, Tom, Good morning Ron. Tom. You are representing League City. That's correct. Don't f it up, dude, Okay, I'm not you're taking on Charles this morning, Charles. Good morning, brother Charles from the best side, representing Kay Town. We've got a lot of listeners out there, Charles. I don't know how you made it through, but there are gonna be a ton of pissed off people if you don't win today. Yeah, okay, so many so why as we know, Tom, you're on the understanding that you will be what is it excommunicated from League City? Yeah, you will be Yeah, for life. Both of you guys have the risk not being able to cross the county line. All right, Charles tom on the flip the suburb of Summer Sizzler. We sizzle after this twenty years so mayhem in the morning. Let the run Ryan Show only ninety four five the Bus, ninety four five, the Buzz three days, Grace Animal. I have become Rod Ryan's show. Just because a few of you are asking, I already gave away Home in homeroom. The first hour of the show is around six forty. This morning, I gave away rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party tickets. That's going down with the Carbot Brewery on October twelfth. That's the show that you have to win your way in. That the only way you're getting in is if you win your way in. All right. We got acoustic performances from Shine Down, Sublime Blue October three of a Dead Man X's. There are no tickets available for sale. The only way to get your way in is to win your passes from ninety four to five to bus, so we will have those for you every day this week. I would guess tomorrow. I know Chile seven to twenty. I think he's gonna put him in. They were in homeroom. They'll be in the seven o'clock hour tomorrow. You need information about the party. Some of you are just so confident that you're gonna win your way in. You're making plans. You got the babysitter, the whole thing. Doors open at three o'clock on that Saturday, it goes till ten. Oh boy, that's gonna be a hell of a party, that's for sure. Well, we party on air every morning at eight twenty four years running now the suburb Summer Sizzler. Charles, Good morning, Good morning, representing kay Town, Best Side Texas, tom el Town, the LC League City. Come on, who's talking? Tom?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's me Tom. Hey real quick, I just want to put it out there. My name is Charles, So I'm taking one for the team. I'm changing to the Tom. I'm also too, I'm also too scooped, Charles. I'm letting you know that I got the two pre workout scoops for ready to go.
Speaker 1: Like Tommy two scoops now, yeah, yeah, yeah. So Chilly had mentioned that we had a game coming up where both guys had the same name. So Charles now going by Tom, Tom, how did you come up with that name? Is it your middle name at least or something. Is it something familiar to you? It's what my friends. My friend's going Okay, so he's going by Tom. Don't just don't screw up and say your real name. You got to commit to that. We've had this come up before on what fresh out of bed. That's why we've had a couple of John's play each other and then other John's and yeah, and what's happened in the past. And I'm not trying to plant that seed Tom as I'm going to continue to call you Tom moving forward. If you want to change your name, if you beat Charles White from Katie, you can change your name back. That's fine. You got to be in that mindset because once you're in the game, get it, you're in game mode. Just make sure you shout out Tom. All right. I'm looking at a big piece of paper with Tom on it. All right. Well, well, as I'm talking to you, have you done any training for your matchup today? Just to two scoops of pre workout? Okay? What about you, Charles? Have you been practicing? I listened to the buzz all weekend on the beach from Galviton. Okay, very good, So when a song comes on, do you try to, like you, scream it out? My wife was quizzing me. Yeah, very good. All right, we have Charles and moving forward, Tom, what you're going to have to do is shout out that name. Alex, let's get that song in there. You're gonna have to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song. Day five, Day five, Game five The suburb Summer Sissler brought to us by Shell Federal Credit Union. Charles, Are you ready? Tom? Are you ready? Tom'sdre Here comes your song boys? Good luck to you, rocking you madame. That's unfit. They're all the same fucking company, fast little dress and you get it worried. Nobody's gonna make a most No one's making a mould on that. All right, Alex, good thing? I had it. Back up, Charles and Tom, they know do y'all know? Okay?
Speaker 4: The band?
Speaker 1: No harm, no foul? Right now, Tom, who was that? Honestly? I don't know, Charles, who was that? I mean, I know the song, I know the song, okay, so what is it?
Speaker 5: What is the song?
Speaker 1: Alex? Old War Kids first? Okay, I'm not one of my favorite bands. I knew the band. I need the band, but I struggle with that song title. I didn't know it was called first. All right, here we go backup, ready to go, shout out your name when you think you know the song title and the band. I wouldn't have gotten that one right either. All right, here we go, Charles and Tom. Shout out your name, Tom, Tom breaking Benjamin, I will not bow. That is correct yourself? Okay, Alex is not going to agree. I understand what happened with that first song. Yeah I do. I couldn't. It's not written in front of me either.
Speaker 3: The song they said they said first in the part you heard, it's literally in the cliple.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have got it. He got this one fast enough. It's fine, Yeah, it's fine. He redeemed himself bigly. Charles. I don't know what you're gonna do in Katie right now. I don't know where to go. I don't know what you're gonna do embarrassing, but I can tell you you're gonna have to get out of there, all right, Charles, goodbye? Okay, now we can start calling you whatever you want. Tommy to scoop, Tommy Tuscoop. Are you going to This is the question moving forward. Are you gonna use your real name? Yeah, it's it's completely up to you, all right, Charles to scoop Charles. League City advances in the tournament tomorrow Tuesday, we gotta Sila on the show. Sheila from Kleine Chick Fight Elizabeth from Brenham, Elizabeth from Brenham. That'll be the matchup tomorrow as Charles Ballard. League City advances as a tournament. The Suburbs Suburbs Sizzler. Right, we don't need your attitude. We have one of our The rod Ryan Show on Buzz Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Marcy Playground, Sex and Candy. I would have got that one.
Speaker 4: That was easy.
Speaker 1: That was easy. The suburb Suburb Summer Sizzler. Good. Uh wait, Katie take on League City this morning. I thought we had a couple of know nothings on for a hot minute there. It started very Monday e Monday ish and then boom, he nailed that breaking Benjamin Song nailed it. So uh clearly putting in a little practice or at least listening to the Buzz Tomorrow Chick Fight Klein versus Brenham, we sizzle every morning. I can't stress enough. It is not too late to sign up for the Suburbs Summer Sizzler. Alex is gonna hate this. Zillow is uh one of those home buyer websites. I know, one of my favorite websites. Look, do you still look anywhere I go? Like if I'm traveling out of town just for fundies, Let's let's see how cost it's weird here because you became a home buyer after like watching all the Zillow points, you became a home buyer, and then it's like the same for me. I love my house, I really do. I'm glad people are enjoying it through Airbnb.
Speaker 4: Like it's just.
Speaker 1: Every time I'm like, I really like this place. I'm glad about this. I love that for that I have this, Yeah, okay, I love this for me. Here is the dumbest headline ever. This is what's going to infuriate Alex. He's been in a good mood today too, and I hate to do this. I'm always in a good one million dollar starter homes are the norm in now two hundred and thirty seven US cities. I'm gonna throw up. No, I'm not even shocked. I was looking for homes. What any think I don't own a home right now, buying a home for the first time is still I do believe it's still in the conversation of the American dream for a lot of people. Okay, I've given up the first time home buyers. You will find a price tag of one million dollars or more for starter homes in now two hundred and thirty seven US cities. Back in twenty nineteen, there were only eighty four. It's tripled. It has tripled since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: And it's like you're getting a million dollar starter home that is somebody's old home where there's a bunch of broken stuff that you still have to fix, right. But it's not like you're getting a brand new house where you just plug and play and everything's good to go. It's like, yeah, these this roof's gonna have to get replaced. You're gonna have to get a new water heater, You're gonna get.
Speaker 1: All this stuff. You got to not out this wall because it's got debt, it's got rot in it. Now you got under your mind, Oh you've been here before, buddy, I mean, let's talk about let's talk about Malibu. Okay, anybody be surprised that a starter home, a fixer upper in Malibu would start at a million. So it's cities like that, that's what's that's what's kind of the heat. But there's two hundred and thirty seven cities. Now, California is the state with the most of these million dollar starter home cities. They have one hundred and seventeen cities in California. California not too so. I think I've talked about this, Maybe I haven't. Before I took this job. I was up for here in Cleveland to do the morning show, and you're like, Rod, of course, why would you even think, Well, Cleveland was pretty attractive because they carried the Browns. I was going to get the coach, I was going to get the quarterback on the show, you know, and Deshaun Watson. Eventually, well, yeah, I don't know if I probably wouldn't still be there. But I also I had a guy call me up and said I'd like to throw your name in the hat for a job, for a morning show job, and it was in San Francisco. He proceeded to tell me on the phone that he just bought a million dollar fixer upper. Now he was going to be the market president. I know, I had an idea what he was going to pay me. It wasn't gonna be anything near what he was making. And he bought a million dollar fixer upper in San Francisco. The word million dollars and starter home or million dollars and fixer upper. I don't think those two things should ever be in the same sentence. But they shouldn't be. They should not be attached to one another. You shouldn't have to win survivor to win it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, how are you supposed to That's that's the sentiment I felt when I was living in LA Like my paycheck was barely enough to live, Like, how would you ever even start to save for a home? And then when you're saving for a home, you got to save a twenty percent.
Speaker 4: Of a million? Like what? What?
Speaker 1: Just across the country we're talking about million dollar homes two hundred and thirty seven US cities. We all know, the Hampton's all the you know what I mean, it's places like that. The typical starter home still is right at around two hundred thousand dollars the average in the US. It's just not in those super nice supercities. Yeah, and not in Houston. Although the home values here it's good. I don't think the starter home is two hundred thousand dollars here. I don't think it is. I don't know you would know about it. I don't know you have Ballace houses on Amazon. Yeah, I didn't take enough one. I think it fun. You can move the fans. You're right, you're on some beautiful Starter home, Rock and Alternative where he used to The rod Ryan.
Speaker 4: Morning Show six to ten AM. The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four, The Buzz boy, it's hot. Yeah, but did you forget about popsicles? What you're talking about? Popsicles? So rod Ryan Show ninety here we are, thank you, Good morning, rod Ryan. Shump what he said popsicles in ninety four to five The Buzz. Let's get right into Houston's headlines.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 1: We're gonna give aways some Chris Stapleton tickets at nine to ten Monster Jam tickets on no other show today. I've seen nothing above a ten percent chance of brain I need that in my life. Party Claude's Guy's Hype ninety four. Tessa has Houston's Headlines.
Speaker 3: Vice President Kamala Harris turning to Houston this week for the funeral of Congressman Sheila Jackson Lee. She will attend the invitation only funeral service on Thursday morning at Fallbrook Church on Walters Road. Jackson Lee passed away earlier this month at age seventy four. Thursday's trip to Houston will be Harris's third visit to Texas in the past month.
Speaker 1: Jackson Lee's bodies.
Speaker 3: Lying in state at Houston City Hall today from nine am to seven pm. President Joe Biden will be in Houston today to pay his respects and then later head to Austin for a speech about the nineteen.
Speaker 5: Sixty four Civil Right to Act.
Speaker 3: He's going to be the keynote addressed speaker at the LBJ Presidential Library. So yeah, political busy, political season for both the President and vice president right now. Also going on in Austin, State legislators are going to question leaders of Centerpoint Energy today. They want to talk about the company's performance after Hurricane Beryl hit Houston. This is a state ordered investigation and it's looking into the company's action. Centerpoint has to provide a full report to Governor Greg Abbott by the end of the year. Year Executives for Centerpoint have issued a public apology. During a hearing last Thursday. That was last week we were talking about that.
Speaker 1: They had to.
Speaker 3: They appeared before the Public Utility Commission of Texas. The commission says they're developing an online survey for Houstonians to respond to him.
Speaker 1: This should be available to us within the next few weeks. Did you see Mattress Mac. No, he teamed up with Grizzies hood News. Oh wow, he partnered with her. Wow, gave her the exclusive and set up a not a GoFundMe, but a petition dot org. What is a petition for? They want those people fired, the people that are at the head of Center Point. Mattress Mac went to Grizzi's Hood News for that, not the network. He's got his hand on the pulse of the people. Yeah, he does. Grizzy. Grizzy is in those streets. I quite like Grizzy. Yeah, it was pretty amazing to see that. I saw that yesterday. Insane. No, I need it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll look around for that one.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Hey, Happy National Chicken Wing Day everyone. We are trying to settle for once and for all, which is better. Drums are flats and our pull's been pretty split for most of the morning.
Speaker 1: Do you have enough date? Drums were just slightly leading, flats are now slightly leading. It really it's fifty one flats forty eight drums.
Speaker 3: Well that's a good deal because that means, you know, if you put a plate of wings in the middle of two people, you know, maybe half of them reaching for drums, half of them reaching for flats.
Speaker 5: It's great news.
Speaker 1: I'd be fine if I never ate a drum. I mean, listen, I love chicken wings. But if I could find maybe that's that's my person, the one that just loved the drums and I eat the flats. There you go, match made in heaven. That could be like added to your dating profiles. Yeah, you know, like I'm only looking for someone that likes the drums because I'm a flat.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 1: I'm just a guy who eats flats for my drum.
Speaker 3: Growl right right, Wingsopuflow Wild Wings, Applebees, Popeyes, Hooters. They all have deals today, so if you want to see what you got to do. Some have codes, some have you know through the app, some have I want to get one deal, so go check it out.
Speaker 5: A National Chicken Wing Day.
Speaker 1: We got the best deals for you on the rod Ryanshop blog page.
Speaker 3: Some big news in the Marvel Cinematic universe was announced Saturday at Comic Con in San Diego. Robert Downey Junior is back, baby, but he won't be returning as Iron Man, as you know.
Speaker 5: Should I spoil it?
Speaker 1: Should I spoil it?
Speaker 3: Iron Man did not survive the Avengers End Game in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: If he'd watch that. Yeah, So Downy's gonna be playing the villainous.
Speaker 3: Victor von Doom aka Doctor Doom in the next two Avengers movies, Avengers Doomsday and Avengers Secret War. So he busts out. He's like new Mask, same task. What I tell you, I like playing complicated characters. So it's unclear how he can play two Marvel characters. But he's very good at his job. It'll be fine.
Speaker 1: It is clear to Micah Gillis, who sent me an email and took the time. Okay, I'm not I'm not busting balls here, Okay, took the time to say, Rod, here's how this works. Now let me know in the multiverse. Oh no, I'm not going to read his email because I don't unders because I don't understand any of it. Okay, they can't play each other in the same universe, but that actors can act in any capacity anyway. It is the layers to his email, it's so insane to me, and he's just saying it so matter of factly on how this is possible with the multiverse, with.
Speaker 5: The times, and by the times, I mean the multiver And then.
Speaker 1: He's got fantastic foreign hair. And then he's like, you know, he goes see Loki to understand the unlocking of the multiverse, So I have to go see Loki to get any better get on it. So if we could get Loki on Chili, could you get Loki on the phone please, so we can find out how Robert Downey Junior can do both?
Speaker 7: Oh is it?
Speaker 1: Maybe? I don't think. I think it's low costa. I think's brother.
Speaker 3: This past Friday was the one year anniversary of Shnae O'Connor's passing, and a cause of death has finally been announced. Her death certificate lists natural causes but says she passed from COPD chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbated by bronchiol as. She'd also been suffering from a respiratory tract infection at the time. Shanade was found unresponsive in her apartment London and sadly was unable to be revived. So even though she'd suffered with mental health issues for years, her mental health didn't play a direct role in her passing away.
Speaker 5: So yeah, that could be a relief for some people to learn.
Speaker 1: It just depends.
Speaker 3: But if you want some Shenado O'Connor news, go to the music blog page. You can read this article and also learn how the National Wax Museum in Dublin just removed a brand new wax figure of Shannada because.
Speaker 1: They got this one wrong. It's bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was called a little inappropriate even by her brother and the museums that they can do better. So they're gonna try. They're gonna try to get a radio going. Those are used in deadlines.
Speaker 2: Take it Alex the Astros fun of the Dodgers yesterday sixty two. They did take two of three from La over the weekend, though they're still tied for first place in the Al West with the Mariners as well. Tonight will open up a three game series with the Pirates that minut It made. Jake bloss will be on the Mount for the Stres going up against Pittsburgh's Paul Schemes for pitches at sevent ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. In the Olympics, the US currently has the most medals so far in the Paris Games with twelve total. They've got the fifth most gold medals with three. Some notable highlights from yesterday's Olympics. The US men's basketball team beat Serbia, the women's soccer team top to Germany, and then in the pool Tory Husky Gretchen Walsh got gold and silver and the one hundred meter fly and Lawrence Scruggs won gold for the US in fencing. In some football news, we're only a few days away from the start of the NFL preseason and the Texans get to kick it all off against the Bears on the NFL's Hall of Fame game Thursday night in Canton, Ohio. They are commemorating Andrea Johnson becoming the first Texan we get inducted into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Does this answer my question when you look at the rankings of the countries and the metal count They start with not who has the most medals at number one, but who has the most golds at number one? Which will be it? Is that more prestigious if you have more golds than everyone? Yes, over the total medal count, more first placed golds are important. Yeah, I know that. But the most medals were listed as fourth on that list fifth. Yeah, so obviously that's the metric used. Yeah. The cock of the walk is who's got the most goals the golds? Okay, interesting that China is at the top right now, Oh my god, we have all the athletes. Did you see our boat in the parade?
Speaker 5: It looked it was going to seek There were so many athletes out there, and.
Speaker 1: A ton of Texans in there. Houston's Rock and Alternatives, The Rocks, The.
Speaker 4: Morning Show, six to A ninety four or.
Speaker 1: Five, okay, ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Brought Ryan Show, that switch Foot Meant to Live. They're gonna be out on the road with our friends Blue october Man. That would be a great show to see the next time we get to see Justin We'll be at the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Park October twelfth at the Carbox Brewery we're gonna have acoustic performances from Shine Down, Sublime, Blue October, Theory of a Dead Man XS, no on sale. No tickets are being sold. The only way to get your way in is to win your way in. And we gave away tickets this morning in Homeroom, which I'm repping the Homeroom T shirt, first time we've ever done a Homeroom specific T shirt in the Rod Ryan show Cares online store. Let me just ask the man chilly now, because I know people want to know where these tickets are. I guessed Chili that you would put those at seven twenty tomorrow. Would that be right? He's scrambling, Oh there he is, Hi, Chili.
Speaker 10: Hey, yeah, that'll be correct at seven twenty am tomorrow.
Speaker 1: So then that's today. We gave away fifth row tickets for third I Blind, so tomorrow at nineteen in away fourth row. Okay, so five four, three two one all week for that show. That show is Saturday night. Yeah, because there's no prize in the eight o'clock hour because we don't give anybody anything until the end of the Sizzler, so there are no tickets. Yeah, so you skip the eight o'clock hour and you go right to nine ten. Okay. Yeah.
Speaker 10: So also also says we have extra prizes. There's gonna be some good tickets and good prizes on a fresh out of bid. So you know, you could be playing for you know, concert tickets tomorrow. Okay, you'd never know. So, I mean, if that's enticing you to call in tomorrow, you.
Speaker 1: Know who's not playing for concert tickets tomorrow? Other John Yeah man, that one, that one hurt Manny the cash Man got back here this morning.
Speaker 10: Those alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages as what knock Other John out man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he got a bunch of drink questions in the last couple of games. I might have to take them out. I'm gonna have to take them out.
Speaker 5: It's teaching them, he start.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he's got all those kids. He never goes to the shows though he even even admitted he goes. I give him away, he goes, but he never takes us up on all those concert tickets that that that he wins. All right, Well, tomorrow rod Ryan showed twentyth anniversary party tickets at seven to twenty. I don't know, maybe Chilli, you can see if the other guys are doing it again. This week Jeremy Teresa Carroll Lee. I don't know if they are, but you can know, yeah, you know. And then this just in They ran an article on this on CNN. If you're watching the Olympics and you're wishing that your body looked like what you're seeing on TV, ah, give yourself a break. Okay, give yourself a little break. The easiest thing you can do, because I'll do it as well. Is there anybody put together like a swimmer? Is there anyone? I get it. There's gymnasts, there's all kinds of things. But those people in the pool how it absolutely their body. There's no other athlete at the Olympic Games. You could say rugby players because they're still thick. But it changes your body. It widens your shoulders and your back and your laugh. Those swimming bodies are the most ridiculous bodies. They really are. For me, when I see it, it's such a noticeable thing. Of course, the seven foot basketball player, but the body style, it makes me like, why aren't I swimming? Why are swimming? I want to look like a swimmer? You want the swimmers back the last? Yes, you're like the last.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 1: So they talk to a fitness and body image expert here, and it's like, listen, it's not realistic. They do this for a living. Think about what you do for a living, which is an athletic right, Okay, Olympic athletes are in the best shape in the world because that's all they do. They're in the prime of their life, they're young, and that's all they do. So they put it like this, you would never expect someone to be as good as you are at your job if they did it three hours a week. Because if you're really doing good, you're working out three hours a week, you're doing good. You're doing better than most people. Yeah, but you're not going to look like that. Unfortunately, that's all they do. That's all they do.
Speaker 3: The hout like, you know, kind of bitching about how they're performing. They kind of plays then because it's like if I was training all that time, I probably would have executed that better.
Speaker 2: It's just like they're like when you're watching these superhero movies and you're like, man, I can't believe that I don't look like Wolverine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Hugh Jackman works out all the time and he'll die if he up keeps that body type. He bends bars. Okay, he lifts enough weight that when he's doing I don't know, clean and jerk or whatever whatever this dude's doing, he's bending bars. He put out that instagram that we posted. If you're not bending, your pretending that was him.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: I've never come close to enough weight on a bar that I've bent the bar. I can't even believe it's possible. So yeah, take that Ledecky. You couldn't do this. If you only put in three hours a week trying to be trying to hit the post, you couldn't do it. Okay.
Speaker 3: He probably will be a swimming commentator at some point, probably will end up on the MIC's side.
Speaker 1: So she needs to so she needs to practice. Yeah, but they say that it's good to watch the Olympics. It's good to be inspired. It's good, and they say people do that's one of the things that happens. I believe that you watch the Olympics, people will start maybe working out a little more. I know that kind of like that Ninja Warrior show. When it's one if I don't work out that day, I don't watch it. I only watch it on days that I work out. I feel like a pos watching them competing. You didn't get it, and I didn't do anything that day. Incredible, it's a true story. I cannot watch it.
Speaker 2: They jumping out like monkey bars and bouncy walls and stuff like that. You're like, yeah, they're really in shade. But like, this isn't like an Olympic sport, not yet, not yet.
Speaker 1: So you find yourself feeling that you're looking at those swimmers bodies. Look around your home. Consider what you have, Consider your family, your friends, and your pets. If you spend as much time working out to look like that, you wouldn't have any of that stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no time.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying that, Like athletes have families, they have to pick I don't know, they have to sacrifice, Yes, sacrifices. Let's give away some tickets.
Speaker 13: What do you got?
Speaker 3: I have a pair of tickets to see Chris Stapleton on his All American.
Speaker 1: Road Show at Milnet Made Park.
Speaker 3: Miranda Lambert, who is coming out with Bangers right now, is on this bill, and so is Grace Potter. Tickets are on some out ticketmaster dot com, but you can win of them right here.
Speaker 1: Remember when I tried to get that song played on the Buzz White Horse, and everybody looked at me like I was crazy, except you. I love us, except you. Everyone else looked at me like I was nuts that I was trying, Like what are you doing? Why would you play this on this radio station? Because there's a rock song? That's why it was the best rock song at the time too. All right, Well, we're not above giving away tickets to go see him, though, Chris Stapleton tickets call her ten seven one three two one two five nine four five? Am I crazy? Or is everyone around me crazy? And I'm the only same person I question that Rock and Alternative, The Ryan Marnick Show, The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. All right, we'll get over to Alex in a second. Hope, if you guys would have been cooler, this song could have been a Buzz song. I tried it for three days, right, I think we did it Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Yeah, and you guys were not accepting this. I couldn't get it pushed through. Has not left my workout playlist since we played it. This is still in heavy rotation on the YouTube video circuit at my house. Good Morning, Rod Ryan' show, Good morning. Hey, I'm giving away some Chris Stableton tickets. Nobody wants them because he's my wife will take over. He's country. What are you doing? That's country, Rod, What are you doing? No, every phone line is ringing. Of course people want these tickets. What's your name? Dustin?
Speaker 13: Justin?
Speaker 1: Dustin? All right, Dustin? So you're wife wants these tickets. You're winning them for her. Does she get to go take a friend or you're gonna go with her to the show.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll go together.
Speaker 1: We'll make it a date night. Yeah, Yeah, dude, that's gonna be awesome. Yeah. I saw him live. I'm even more a believer than I was before he played jazz Fest. Marina Lambert on Miss Bill This is a huge show.
Speaker 5: This is a huge show.
Speaker 1: All right, Dustin? Congratulations, man, shout out to the wife. Have a great time. It's a rock song. Yeah it is? Yeah, all right Online it's Alix online ninety five the muzz Sorry what you got? Dude? All right?
Speaker 2: If you like me and didn't do anything else besides watch the Olympics all week, and this is an AOL for you, you're gonna find out which Olympics sport.
Speaker 1: You are oh yeah, okay, okay, okay, gold Zone.
Speaker 2: I say it on my six picks, but like gold zone is red zone for the picks and it's absolutely electric. Bro It hops up with like a little notifications like gold Medal Alert, and that means that whatever you're watching is up, like the a metal will be a word at the end of it. I can't imagine most people know what that is due they have like a six screens and it's like they'll go like this the you know they do the quad boxes on red zone, We're going to the octo box, and we got kayaking going on over here.
Speaker 1: We got judo over here, we got this over here, we got women in soccer. I'm like, well, I'm watching all of it, and obviously it's all US centric.
Speaker 2: Like when whatever we're in the gold zone is just if it's a gold medal giving out you're watching it, and then it'll be it's on peacock you just go and it says gold zone.
Speaker 1: It's lit. I was watching.
Speaker 2: I had NBC's USA feed pretty much all weekend and then I had my iPad up with the gold Zone on. It was awesome, but uh, the only two sports that I think you're kind of stupid or uh horse the horse stuff like where the horses are crip walking and that's kind of like that's the word that the horse doing the work, not anybody else.
Speaker 1: Just some legymnastics is kind of born, not all of it. I would like to be a water polo. Do you guys remember polo is so sick? Okay? Do you remember when the Olympics were in Los Angeles one hundred years ago, not that long, but when they created a statue of what they thought was the perfect Olympiad, they used the guy from water polo. He had the perfect body. People don't realize they're treading water the whole time, and then when you see them come out of the water, they're like, try it, Try to come out, Try to come out of the water up to your waist and throw a ball.
Speaker 3: Would sport polo as a concept in a sport, like my mind doesn't register that, like the fact that they're playing this for and they're treading water the whole time like it, I could never ever, ever do that.
Speaker 1: Most yahoos are watching that and thinking that they're touching the ground or something. I imagine that people don't know that they're completely treading water.
Speaker 5: Okay, so sick.
Speaker 1: So I got, Okay, swimming, swimming is what I got. It was pretty sick. Got a picture of Michael Felts with that Rod would you get? I got a Ross? He would have been maybe like a row one of the Ross dude, one of the cast members of Friends. Is not an Olympic event to Ross loves pivot pivots. Could I get the real link? Please check it out see what Olympicus for you. I will finish. Rod Ryan Show Pages, buz dot com. Jackass you Smarck sweat, Oh you smile like stupid? No, no, no, nothing. The Rod Ryan Show ninety four to five, ninety four, five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Lincoln Park and Lost. Where did we talk Lincoln Park? Was that on the Texas Hammer Game?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Morning, it was Lincoln Park song? Right, Yes, yeah, Texas Hammer Game every Monday at seven twenty. That's how we gave away the Fifth Road tickets. So all week five, four three two one for the third Eye Blind Show, Summer god Seur Saturday Night Woodlands Chris Stapleton is August twenty fourth, and our g Stadium is that right, Chris Staple's an all American road show. Oh it's at Minim Park.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: That's a minute, yeah yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: And then Monster Jam an Arch that's right. Okay, So that's where I got Energy Stadium Monster Jam. There's going to be just one show in October, October nineteenth, Saturday Night. On nother show. We're gonna give away the first four pack of tickets and pit before they go on sale one week from tomorrow. We'll get you in on some pre sale information and all that. We'll share everything with you Monster Jam. You know, those are our pals. So Ticketmaster's going to have your tickets next Tuesday, August sixth, so all week long. Again it's tickets before they're even on sale. We will hook you up. We will get you in. And I don't have a confirmation, but I gotta. I gotta talk to them to see if Ore rod Ryan Show Monster Jam Truck is gonna run. Hopefully it will. I came across this and some of the stuff was relatable, some of it wasn't. Do you still have I think you had even mentioned this today on the show because we were talking about the grocery stores and hib wasn't on this particular list of the best grocery stores in America, and I said, well, it's not a slight on AGIB. I was waiting for one guide to send me like an irate email, which I got. They're only here in Texas, and I don't know if that took them out of the consideration, but I know that the rankings and the ratings for AGB are very very high. The customer satisfaction numbers are through the roof. It just wasn't included on this list because they're not in multiple states. I think that's what kept them off the list. But you must have brought up Costco or maybe Sam's Club or something. Do you still go to Sam's Club or Costco?
Speaker 5: I have a Costco membership, and it's right. It's right down the street from my apartment.
Speaker 1: It's just when you're cooking for one or two people. I found, well, okay, since post divorce, Rod, Huh, what am I going to do with all that food?
Speaker 3: What am I going to do with all that I don't really go for food as much as I do like paper towels, toilet papers, even like pods for washing dish pods.
Speaker 1: I try to get all that stuff in bulk. The food every now and then, maybe like some ground beef.
Speaker 5: But I'm gonna freeze most of it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's what I go for. People were asking, and I've done this bit before, what's better Sam's Club or Costco? It was split which everyone's closer?
Speaker 4: Is better?
Speaker 5: But people they're literally the same.
Speaker 1: People like the brands. Is there a Kirkland's Kirkland signature brand? Is it Costco?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: The other way around. I believe it's the Walmart and it's it's the Sam's Club. Kirkland is at Costco. Oh, that's Costco for sure. Okay, then what's the one at I don't know because I don't have a membership.
Speaker 3: It might be Sam's Choice or sam Sam's something.
Speaker 1: I don't know. So I know people like that stuff. And you know what I did do, and I took it on listers recommendations. I have a Costco card. I don't care if it's a Costco or Sam's. I don't notice any difference. I don't go enough and I don't even know if I go enough to pay for my membership, to be honest with you, but I did get that prosecco and it was good. Didn't people say that that was the number one driver we're going to Costco is And I thought that was Kirkland. I really did think it was their brand. But whatever the Costco brand is, or you said it was Kirkland right that, I think that was the prosecco and it was really good. It was really good. So people are asking, is there a single item that you purchased at Costco that saved you enough to cover the annual membership fee? This is relatable. One person said, the amount of money we save a year on goldfish crackers probably pays for our membership. That is not an exaggeration. If you have a bunch of little kids goldfish crackers, a mountains of them, you need them in bulk. But people use and I don't use any of those what do you call those like large discount stores. I don't know what the what the quality big box store, big box stores. Maybe you can get prescription eyeglasses through them. I don't use any of those type of services. It seems like a lot of that stuff when you're walking out tires, car battery. I haven't bought that stuff from those types of places. Really you know, because I don't. I don't do that stuff myself. I'm not a man. Prescription eyeglasses people say that if you take a look, you will save on a couple of years membership if you get your glasses through Costco.
Speaker 3: My mom used to get all of my contact prescriptions through Sam's Club. Yeah, yeah, okay, it's always like I gotta go Sam's pick up your contacts.
Speaker 1: Like what.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: So they say allergy medicine, like the three hundred and sixty five pill bottle of Kirkland Zyrtex is something like fifteen dollars. They say, if that's something that you need to take, just that one thing will pay for your membership.
Speaker 5: So I keep a.
Speaker 3: Sprassle sized advil bottle and then I buy the Costco Ibuprofen, which is like this huge bottle, and I just refill that little advil with it every time I travel, and that thing has lasted me two years.
Speaker 1: Contacts made the list people were talking about that. You know, you can get things like insurance through these places. Most people say rental cars, vacation packages. Yeah, they get pretty good discounts on Costco. Okay, you can rent the car there, Yeah, go.
Speaker 3: To well, you go to costco dot com when you're looking at a rental car, and then you can book it through their website and get a discount if you have your membership.
Speaker 1: That's true. And the other thing they sell. And I think this is in the because I just recently went and I hadn't been in a long long time, and I did endup buying a bunch of crap. I don't need it, but they have they have gift cards. No, I remember when that made headlines. I don't think they have coffins on the floor, but I think you can buy a coffin from Costco at some point. But you can get gift cards a cost. So like an Uber gift card, a one hundred dollars Uber gift card, you can get it for eighty bucks. Yeah, you save twenty dollars and like people get off on that. They do that with Southwest ones too, and there's restaurant ones too. Yeah, right there at the front. And I just I'm the dummy that's gonna buy that gift card. And I'm perfect, I'm the perfect sucker for them, because I'm gonna lose it, not use it or whatever, and I'm gonna pay that I'm gonna save my money. Guess what, No, I lost whatever I paid for it because I've never used the card. Yeah, I'm an idiot to give. But most people say that saving on gasolone. If you're tied in with one of those places that has the gas pumps, and if you really count how much you go for gas and if you look at it, they say, that'll pay for your membership. If you just excoosed to go there.
Speaker 5: For now, we feel great.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of I mean, you paid for gas. There's a lot of crunching numbers out there. Guys. There you go all electric? All right, Well, we're going to do just some mandatory Metallica here in the nine o'clock hour Monster Jam tickets coming up on no the show. Sit tight and enjoy the next six minutes of your life with Metallica on ninety four or five the buzz You're ninety four five the bus that's Metallica and wherever I may roam Rod Ryan's show. Well, I've already told you what we're giving away. I know the show. It's gonna be Monster Jam, it's gonna be pit pass in a four pack tickets, bring the whole family. Out. It's October nineteenth, so you know when Monster Jam is now. Tickets are going to go on sale a week from tomorrow, and we'll try to get you all the pre sale information and all that fun stuff. But just sit tight. After the break, we're going to do Know the Show for a Monster Jam four pack, the first one of the fall season, Rock and Alter very soon.
Speaker 4: The Rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. All right, welcome back. Last segment on the show today is Know the Show for Monster Jam tickets before they go on sale next Tuesday. The show is October nineteenth, Saturday Night, Energy Stadium. What's your question today? Someone just tell me what we're trying to settle on the X. Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna be a stickler. You have to call them what we call on them. Both things.
Speaker 3: You have to.
Speaker 1: I want to you got to use the verbage seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 11: If you know the show, Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety.
Speaker 4: Four point five the bus stations from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: The Rod Bryan Show. Every morning six to ten on ninety four to five the buzz, Let's go, Let's go ninety four or five buzz, three doors down, Krypton eight. They're gonna be opening up for Creed sold out show. Hopefully we didn't shoot our whole wad on those. As we get a little closer to that show, I hope we have some more tickets to give away. That's a hot ticket, nothing hotter than the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party ticket, because those you can't buy. You gotta win your way in. We'll have tickets, We'll have more tickets for you, and we'll give away tickets all week. Tomorrow at seven twenty I already confirmed it with Chile. Tomorrow at seven twenty twenty f anniversary party tickets at the Carbot Brewery for our big show October twelfth. We were just talking about that in the break three o'clock. That is a marathon drinking day. You're at a brewery starting at three o'clock. The party goes till ten. Pace yourselves here. My voice party goes ten. Hey what you're ten now? Three? Okay, No, I'm not doing shots with you at three point thirty. Come on, Rod hey man twenty years man, here's a shot. No, thank you, I appreciate it. I'm glad you're here. No gotta save that. It's gonna be a that's gonna be a marathon. Dad. All right, we have great ticket here talking about monster jam. Let's go now, time for I know this show on ninety four five The.
Speaker 12: Buzz La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: Good morning Rot Ryan show La Hello, Hello, Hello, sure, Yes, who's this Eric?
Speaker 7: Eric?
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show, Tessa. What's your question?
Speaker 3: Eric? Can you tell me what we're trying to settle on the X on the Road Ran show Twitter page.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be flatter drums? Oh my guy knows it right. Yes, you have a preference, Eric, flats or drums. It's National Chicken wing Day today. What's better? I like the flatspier, of course you like the flats, they're better the crispier. The ratio of skin, sauce and meat is perfect on a flat. It is out of balance on a drum. I have to agree with you. Okay, what you got over there? What's you giving them?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Dude, I'm gonna give you a four pack of tickets with pit passes. This is for Monster Jam in October Energy Stadium, October nineteenth. Congratulations, let's go right, Just so you guys know, those of you that aren't Eric, you can take advantage of a special presale happening August first through the fifth use code Judge zone take JDG.
Speaker 5: I'll tweet this out. This is weird, Okay, I put that there.
Speaker 1: Flats are winning by a biscuit, though I mean it really is almost fifty fifty two point eight, say flats forty seven point two the remaining numbers there, drums Happy National Chicken Wing Day. There is a link up that has got all your chicken wing specials today. A lot of places offering of deals today. Okay, other John lost this morning, Kenny the cash Man, So we're going or is it an imposter? He was way too nice to be Kenny the cash Man, Kenny or whoever this guy is that's playing now. He's going for win number two tomorrow. Fresh out of bad head to head home room, Join us Texas Hammer. Thank you seven twenty We play every morning. Alex's sixth picks did very very well Todaybody wants to see those updated baby pictures. Keep in coming. Dude, Yeah, dude, not enough. Your baby looks like a completely different baby from the last picture that I saw. Yes, say no, she doesn't. Uh five four three two one. What am I talking about? Well, I'm talking about the third I Blind concert on Saturday Tomorrow. Fourth row tickets will be given away on the show The Suburb Summer Sizzler. I've got my sheet here, Sheila, I reckon, we got a Sheila, Sheila from Klein and Elizabeth from Brynham. Sorry, that was my bad Australian accent.
Speaker 5: That's all right.
Speaker 1: Tat Tuesday is tomorrow more Sizzler Moth anniversary passes. Chilly did say that the rest of the guys on the show or on the station will have tickets for you today. So that means Kara Lee tonight, that means Teresa, that means Jeremy. We'll have tickets for you for the twentieth anniversary party at rod Ryan Show all Socials shop in that rod Ryan Show care store. Thank you to everybody that this Homeroom shirt that I'm wearing today. It's first time we've ever done something like this that recognizes Homeroom officially. The first hour of the show it's the number two selling shirt. The number one selling shirt is the twentieth anniversary shirt, and I'm using I'm drinking out of. I'm gonna put it for the people that are watching us. I'm drinking out of my Stanley knockoff Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Cup today. So that's available in the store. All the money is gonna help us purchase as many backpacks as possible. So I need you in that store this week. Please go Team USA Man Olympics. Nothing else needs to be said. Man, we're on a twenty hour break. We're back with you tomorrow. AMF. Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.