Speaker 1: Well, well, what do you want your stand more right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we want a picture of your mom's boobs. Yeah, what your mom has the sweetest tubes ever? Yeah, I totally want to suck your mom's tits.
Speaker 3: Good week, kick Ass. Welcome to going down to South Park, the podcast where we always have our sales of time, and this week we're going all the way back to preschool Andando and I am guy.
Speaker 4: Yes, welcome back to uh yess the happiest days of your life?
Speaker 3: Yeah, can you and call your preschool days. My earliest memory ever is my dad driving me to preschool and it was a road rage thing where I just remember him to yell nat you're good or something like that. That's my earliest memory is being out in the front of the BP petrol station out in Karia waiting at the lives and this guy going for a red light and Dad yar, Natte you're good.
Speaker 4: I guess we need to define what preschool actually is. I mean, is it kindergarten.
Speaker 3: Trip so we call it daycare? So daycare, then you have kindergarten in Australia, then you have school. So we had daycare, then we had kindergarten. I have memories of kindergarten. I remember sort of. I think what it is is we have a family. You know, your family always those couple of family video tapes and when you were a little kid, like a montage. It's like you push record and they'd stop and then they record another day and it's all just on one videotape. We have like the family video and one of them is at Easter weekend or Easter week at kindergarten. I think because I can watch those videos, it almost like it triggers those memories. Yeah. Yeah, but I can remember, like the big slide where you watch the video and it's all ohn s now is with kids kindergartens, I wonder. But back then there was just this giant slide, no sides on it, and just kids going down left front stand and falling off the side, banging heads and it's just like having an absolute ball. Kids were crying, but they got over it sure, you know, yeah, it just falling down banging their heads like, ah, you know what, there's a giant slide on going back up. We made a tougher stuff. I didn't really have preschool as such.
Speaker 4: I don't recall any sort of daycare yeah, okay, prior to kindergarten, I do recall kindergarten, and I understand I was a bit of a Romeo. I was sort of macking on the Murray sisters quite a bit, Caitlin and Samantha.
Speaker 3: This clarriage as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah again, and yeah, certainly the early years of school. But yeah, no, no preschool, no daycare for me. I think I was just the apple of my mother's eye being tended to at home. Before that I was sent out in the big wide world.
Speaker 3: Or you had your four older sisters, mum rat home. You were the baby of the family, correct, Yes, yeah, how I ended up the way I am pretty much. One thing I did not do at preschool was start fires. Understandable but good for you. You get a gold star, get a little elder stamp. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think I might have started my share of fires when I was little. Not in a param maniacal kind of way. But you know kids have curiosity about fire, don't they.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was always scared of fire. I think I ever started a fire just because I'd seen in Australia it's always bush fires, and you think, don't any small fight can become a big one. You sort of. You taught that living in Australia, so I just never really had the fascinatve of fireworks. And I had a couple of mates who would get like crackers and stuff, and I'm like, I don't want a part of this. This is going to end badly. I always had just a fast I'd light a machine. That's pretty interesting actually, and then either guy that the ants on fire. Oh no, I never do that. And I was always a friend to our animal friends, so even insects. Yeah, I think I was.
Speaker 4: I think I've said the story once that I was in the kitchen lighting matches as a little boy. Does I think I was in single digits at this stage? God, I hope I was. If I was above the age of ten and still lighting fires, then i'd probably again like trend boy hat in Juvie. But lit it and I thought it was out and I threw it into the bin and it caught something in the bin and the bin started to go up a little bit, like oh boy, this got out of my control real quick. I don't like this scenario here. It's like I think I just end up grabbing glass of water.
Speaker 3: I throw it in there and is this is like that, I wa ski forever what could have been?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Yeah, that's kind of like, okay my ease back on the Yeah, fire is not that intoxicated.
Speaker 3: You should have just whipped it out and we on it. Yeah, I wasn't as I wasn't as quick thinking as the boys here. Apparently that's a game that people play as fire. And I've never been inclined to pull my my you know what out in front of my mates and compare and it's like sword fights and stuff when you wing, you know, you see step brothers and whatnot. Parents. I never did that. Never did that, not the ural or anything like that. I never like pulled it out and compared either. It was just like, you know, mine's mine. I would never do that, you know why. I wouldn't want to be found blacking. They do you want to make it when I was feel bad? That's correct, That's exactly what I meant. No, I don't think I ever did a whole lot of compare and contrast either.
Speaker 4: When it came to you know, the older parts pieces, just knew yours was the best pretty much. Yeah, it's yours.
Speaker 3: There is no comparison, so there is no substitute, not.
Speaker 4: A winger comparison kind of guy, and certainly Yeah. Look, I think if you've had a few at the pub and you're next year, you made it the ural you might do.
Speaker 3: But I never ever did that. Okay, I think your mate wasn't part of it. You just just did it. That's correct. Stop stop that, mister Davis. Yeah, but the boys certainly did. Yeah, they certainly did. Yeah. So this one, in this episode here Preschool, I really liked it because I feel like we've season eight so far, it's been great, but most of the episodes have sort of felt like they've got a theme or a message social commentary of some kind. This one didn't feel like I had any of that. It felt very much Early South like, where it was just the boys get themselves into predicament and get themselves out of it with throwing. Throwing in some sci fi pop culture references as well, so you get the Kate Fear reference in the Star Trek reference as well with this clarage. So I really liked it for that in that regard. Yeah, Yeah, just a lot of fucking around, Yea. It was just fun. It didn't have to have not every episode has to have a theme behind it or a message. It's just I mean, the message could be that you should be facing your if you make mistakes in the past, face them, own them, and learn from them.
Speaker 4: They make that fairly explicit with Shelley. Shelley, Yeah, I was about to call a stace. I'm like, no, that's Dando system.
Speaker 3: Only a mum's got to going on. Everyone's a photo of her, mum's boobs and noise shit out of me. Great great songs, sounds of Wayne. Oh yeah, fantastic. It's made fairly explicitly what she says. You know, you've got a face up to what you did. You have to confess and all this, which you do in all it really is good. You don't have to, but you should. Well, yeah, it's generally good for the soul. But then people who say that are usually ones who have never committed such a horrific crime in the past. It's like, I can understand why the boys, but boys being boys, they're still kids, why you would not want to own up to us, Like, Okay, I've gone so long with getting away with this. Yes, that's true. I just if Tread's not on the scene, I'm fine with this. One. No one's asking questions about it. Poor miss Clarridge going to spend the rest of her life as she is. Yes, but if you're not talking to Miss Claigs, you're not seeing Miss Clarridge. It's just like that's gone on. Absolutely, Yeah, which is not the right way, But I can understand why you'd be like, well, if I've gotten away with it and I don't have to confront Miss Claridge anymore and have it in my face and Trent's locked up, I'm free clean slate exactly right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but mostly yeah, this episode is just the boys messing around, Yeah, getting into scrapes, getting into misadventures, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: It's pretty much just a parody episode Cape it is it is, which is good.
Speaker 4: I would to jump ahead a little bit, not just this episode, but way into the future right now. I mean, we talked recently about, you know, the series return of South Park, and it's Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Parody or satire or whatever. There have been a couple of episodes since then. No one's talking about them, no, and I must confess I'm not that interested to watch them. I mean, I'm sure I'll catch up with them eventually, but it feels like I was just what South Park does.
Speaker 4: Now I'm just kind of rare. I mean, good on them for doing so. I mean, if anyone deserves to be called out, it's the current Potus because he seems like a bit of a train wreck.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, it's like, I'm assuming there.
Speaker 4: Are good jokes in here, because I trust Parker and Stone in that regard. But at the same time, it just feels like this is really just a delivery system for political satire slash social messaging. And I don't mean to say, oh, Jaju's gone woke. I'm not saying that. It's just like and I'm not even saying south Back's noting I feel like homework. But it's feeling a bit like, I hope that you're not prioritizing saying something over cracking jokes.
Speaker 3: Well, this episode here is a good comparison for that kind of episode as well, for the for the Trump one that came out the season premiere season twenty seven, pretty six anyway, the latest one in twenty seven, I believe where if you don't, if you are in the know, if you don't, if you don't know anything about US politics at the moment or the Paramount Deal, which is Nikola Nikola, she knows, she knows about Tump, but she's not into us politics. She's not. She has no idea about the Paramount Deal, what's going behind the scenes. Most people wouldn't be right. We live in that world, so it feels like everyone should know and just does know. It's not that when that's what we talked about fractioning, how everything's fractured now and have you live in your bubble of what you enjoy and everyone that is in that bubble enjoys it as well. And because you live in there, when you step out, not until Easter, but you go, oh, it's really insignificant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's not a whole lot of stuff going on at the moment, certainly in the world of art and culture and entertainment. Yeah, but that everybody is across. I mean, it seems like even the average normy would kind of if you said, hey, did you hear that Taylor and Travis got engaged, they might go, oh, yeah, because everyone a lot of people are talking about that.
Speaker 3: But that's what I'm trying to say is that this episode here is a great episode to compare because this one here you can put on twenty five years later, and you don't have to have known what was popular at the time, what was in the news at the time. It's just four kids who are getting come uppance for lying in the past about this boy, Trent Boye. And you don't even have to have watched Cape Fear. I haven't seen Cape and you.
Speaker 4: Certainly don't have to know about the well, the fact that Miss Claridge's wheelchair or her ambulatory device is basically ripped off from the regar subject.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean I wouldn't have known that, you know, if I hadn't an episode of The Menagerie Christopher Pie he got the same sort of scars, is in the same device, Yes, one beaper is yes, two beachers no, that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but no, you don't have to know any of this. It's basically just yeah, kids versus bullies, kids versus a bully or kids afraid of a bully.
Speaker 3: And the episode Cape Fear, which you are the biggest fan of Simpsons, right, I love that episode, not the rate gig particular, really liked the episode. Like SiO episodes, that episode isn't popular because it's a Cape Fee parody. No, that episode is popular because it's just a really fun funny episode. Absolutely, And they took the story of Kate Fee and applied to the Simpsons, which are the best parodies, the ones that work without knowing the source material.
Speaker 4: And I mean Kate Fee is not necessarily that original story. I mean, no, no, of course, yeah, of course version from the early nineties as a remake of a nineteen sixties Yeah, but even then, that's kind of a pretty basic plot about you know, a criminal. It feels he was hard done by by his attorney and seeks revenge. It's just straight revenge.
Speaker 3: Out of prison, He's going to get revenge. Yeah, he said that cap Fee is pretty fucking good movie, of course is going to be well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Danara and Nick Nold, jessicating young Juliet lewis great support cast.
Speaker 3: And it's just one of those film that's on my list of honestly, it's top ten for movies I know I have to see and I just have not done it yet. Should I watch that over Jaws too tonight? You've got that doesn't like it? Is?
Speaker 4: It is pretty nasty. It is pretty mean spirited, Okay, I mean there's some really feel bad after watching it. You feel like I've been put through the ring. It's been a while since I've watching because it's not exactly feel good viewing. It's a really good movie, yeah, really well made, well acted.
Speaker 3: As gorsees. He does that though, does that very well.
Speaker 4: It's kind of it's a really sort of nasty, pulpy thriller. And if you're in the movie that kind of thing, then yeah, Barman's have at it. But h B warn going, it's like, holy shit, there's some really nasty stuff in this.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The thing about this episode two is that you're watching it right and you feel like you should be rooting for the boys, But when you really break it down, they're the villains. They fucked over Tread and I was continuing to focus and it's they deserve their comuppets and Tread. It's not like getting out revenge because he just wants to hop. It was like, I just want to get some come up and for what you gotta put me through and then we're clean slate. Yeah, I want to even out the legend. Yeah, that's exactly I was. Fully deserve revenge isn't the best. Two wrongs don't make it right. But you understand why Trent's like, I just want to give you a wet Willie. Then we're even oh, I'll forgive you, we'll move on. But they can't even accept that. They will not accept fate. They they don't want it.
Speaker 4: I think they'll be getting more than the wet will I think they'll be getting some of the other nasty punishments that are doled out.
Speaker 3: But this episode was just so much fun in that regard where it just felt like, Oh, I don't have to try and think of, oh, what's the message here? It was just twenty two minutes of dumb South Pike fun. Yeah, and sometimes that's all you want. Did you have any favorite moments from the episode?
Speaker 4: I like when Yeah, Trent is out of out of Juvie and Butter's is the first person he tracks down, and he's been forced outside by his parents who just don't want him inside it all because he's so scared and so worried. But he's outside, he's trying to calm himself down, but he's doing a very scared version of his Apple the song.
Speaker 3: You've Got are you saying? Sound like trying to like it's like he's go to my happy Place. Yeah, so he's drying and sort of garments down on examples. I thought that was great.
Speaker 4: I think when they we mentioned the two main sort of pop culture references that have come up, and this's the Star Trek Star Trek and KP when the kids go to see the sixth graders to get protection. Have you ever heard of a movie called My Bodyguard?
Speaker 3: No, I know the Bodyguard, not My Bodyguard.
Speaker 4: This is My body Guards from like the early eighties. I remember seeing it at the Village twin and Geelong back in the day.
Speaker 3: Earli role for Matt Bridge Cinema. That's correct, early role for anckname Chris Makepeace. Have you ever heard of him? He was, Yeah, he's one of those guys, one of those eighties that guy sort of We watched a movie what do we watched a couple of days ago. It was we're just looking through like Netflix or something, and it was The Client. I think it was called Jones film totally Jonson s Sara. I'm watching this and I'm going this movie is just filled with that guy's Oh absolutely, like so many. I was like, it's that guy, it's that guy, it's it's her. I'm like, yeah, I couldn't nange. Yeah, but it's like these guys are all faces for my childhood. They're all there's just been in so many movies.
Speaker 4: It's the great thing about Yeah, movies from that era in the two thousands as well, I mean not so much these days.
Speaker 3: I mean certain certain, but that guys anymore, aren't they well certain.
Speaker 4: Rereador has got the clout to pull it off, because I mean, if you're a well known working actor, you can probably ask for a little bit more than just you know, the daily rate. You can say, you know, I've been in this, this, this, this and this. You know, how about you pay me scale plus you know, and the way the system is set up these days, like no, I think we don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think we need to do that. But you look at it, you look at you look.
Speaker 4: At Yeah, a movie like The Client or Roland Emmerick movies were really great for this, like Independence Day and The Day after Tomorrow and twenty twelve that way way way down the cast list of like you know, the personal will be like they're like the present Secretary of Defense or something.
Speaker 3: It's like somebody that's that guy from Twin Peaks or whatever. It's like, Wow, they actually spend a bit of money and spent a bit of time casting. That's fantasy. It's funny because we're watching watching me at the moment. And what's his name from? Yeah, the main green doctor Anthony, but he's he's the assistant for Susans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, my bodyguard start.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: This guy Chris Makepiece, who was a bit of a sort of a proto Michael J. Fox stup, you know, fresh face old Google and what you talk Yeah, Adam Baldwin from Firefly, Serenity and a bunch of other stuff earlierle for Matt Dylon and some other.
Speaker 3: People make peace. Okay, yep, oh yeah, yeah, how are you talking about? Yeah, yeah, you would have said a very very memorable face this guy. Yeah yeah, good little actor. That's good, little actor. I just remember as being this sort of a young actor.
Speaker 4: Basically, this kid goes to a new school, he's targeted by this bully and he's like, oh god, this guy's going to make my life miserable. Luckily, there's an even bigger guy who's like, oh yeah, that guy's a psycho.
Speaker 3: I don't have anything to do with them. I like, you killed his dad or something like that. He's a legend. Yeah, yeah, and he's like the most fearsome kid in school. And yeah, our hero goes, I'll pay you twenty bucks a week or whatever.
Speaker 4: This is nineteen eighty dollars to be my bodyguard. So this guy doesn't fuck with me, and they form a friendship, and you know, the big guy gets little drawn out of the shell.
Speaker 3: You learn about ways so sort of were drawn and so angry and all that stuff. It's really really good. It's a very.
Speaker 4: Very early eighties movie, and it feels kind of gritty but also very sweet. Yeah, probably on tub. Everything's on TV these days. I went on TV there and.
Speaker 3: I said, holy shit, there's so much here. Shout out to Tube the pod. Ye be a friend of the pod. Everything's free. Oh yeah, you got to watch an ad or two. But I don't mind watching ads anymore. If she's free. I don't know. We're going back to where we were, buddy, that's true. We had to go back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so there's a but I was reminded of that when they first go to see the boys first, who were riding their bikes around everything, that this is a long, very long and drawn out way of saying that I loved that the sixth grader had a T shirt with his own faces.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that as well. The leader. I really liked the preschool designs. They just had little one had like a I can't exactly what they were now, but each had this little logos on their shirt, just to signify little kids. You know, kids you have to wear theme shirts. Maybe that's sort of a sign of the sixth grader. This guy is an idiot, hasn't grown up. He's still a little kid. Good they're having his own face in his shirt. He's fantastic.
Speaker 4: That great And also just the deal that they that they cut with the sixth graders, well, the initial one was like, here's it's a twelve pack.
Speaker 3: Twelve I've got a twelve pack of Dr Pepper shoots and letters. Only played three times, I only used three times. That's probably a trivia question. Harry Potter and the Coop on for free fries with any deluxe burger purchase at Red Robin. I've just got the reason I love this because this feels like what would four boys would genuinely raid from home. You get something, I'll get something. What board game don't I want anymore. Absolutely well, I'm raiding the fridge for this, for the Doctor Peppers a great little treasure. When they turn it down, I was like, what what do you mean? And finally you would be way too young for this. But using Madonna's sex Book as a reference, I know exactly what it is. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but I mean you you had only been a little kid when it came out. I've just known. I've looked back to this and gone, diggity damn it, what are we doing here?
Speaker 4: It was incredible when it came I mean, and I don't just mean because wow, but I mean the fact that it was so mainstream. I mean it was in bookshops there, it was wrapped in place it couldn't really open it, although some you'd go to, like the bookstorenge along and someone would invariably have like stuck in a little pocketknlf or something.
Speaker 3: Open it up and yebees and more, because it was a pretty jutch up to it. You've bought it, you stained it, you bought it. Yeah, but I mean it was pretty explicit. But the thing of it was as well, She's the biggest star in the world basically, oh yeah, who.
Speaker 4: Weekly Magazine it's not as big a deal now as it was.
Speaker 3: Then, but I mean it was like weekly, Who's weekly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like the weekly magazine of like what's going on in the world of yeah, well yeah, it wasn't just sort of arts and entertainment. Also, I had like his the news story or whatever, but they printed like actual explicit pictures from in it, like this is something.
Speaker 3: You can get off the supermarket job. It's next to the TV GUIDEA. Well, there's Madonna's pubes.
Speaker 4: I didn't expect, but yeah, the fact that they were using the sex book, so there's what boobs look like.
Speaker 3: Yes, I love in that. It's just the rest of that episode, the pronunciation of boobs, bibs, bibs, bib bib It was like the same pubes, but they're the best. And it just makes sense for six grades to want to see a kid's boom's boobs, like the sen her at school, like she's the hot mum. I want to see her pubes. I knew she had a heart wreck. Was that one kid he goes, I'll tell you what, it's second of titties and and these days like dude week, oh god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was always funny, but you, mainly because it was so out of bounds to be sort of like when you're young and dumb and just you know, wanted to sort of rill up your made. So then sort of talking about your mom's so hot or or sisters, sisters are off limits.
Speaker 3: Well you knew, you knew that, Yeah, the sist mom was hot when you mat didn't make jokes about it, because they made jokes about It's like, oh, the joke is that she's not really And then when they make jokes, I was like, oh, they don't make jokes like, oh, ship, they're talking about it when I'm not around.
Speaker 4: The joke is either you're so horny that you will go but just about anyone, or you know she's just not or she's so nice that it just be ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like not my mom.
Speaker 4: She's like, would you like some rice? Crispy s get it stuck on your beers there? Because I had one friend at school, well, no, I had friends at school, but I had one friend at school whose mum was like and none of it, none of us ever said, hey, redacted, your mum is so hot, but we're all like was a friend Stacy. No, Essentially that but it was kind of like that. Yeah, the mum's got it going on very much.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Going Down to South Park is brought to you by the four Finger Discount Patreon, where you'll find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including exclusive South Park reviews and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes of four Finger Discount, Tales of Futurama, Bobb's Pods, Speaking of the Hill, Talking Seefoud, the One About Friends, and so much more. So go ahead and join the family today at patreon dot com slash Fourthinger discount. That's okay.
Speaker 2: Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Speaker 3: Right trivia time. My first question for you is how many crayons were in the pack that Trent was given back once he'd left juviy Oh damn it. It was an eight pack, eight pack of crayons with au crayon sharpener.
Speaker 4: Right again, another sort of well, it's not really a shout out to anything in particular.
Speaker 3: But that's that's Blues Brothers.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I think there's so there's a lot of yeah, a lot of movies where someone either is getting bailed out of out of the police station, out of amand or they're being released from jails, like he's all your bloggings and it gives an indication of like, yeah, you're a bit of a bad ass or whatever. You came here like half a pack of Lucky Strakes zippoo later sunglasses.
Speaker 3: Switch believes, Oh, boy, I know everything about this person. But it's like he's got crayons and there's something else, kitty and it was like a knife. It's like kill all my views or some ship like that.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Trent Boyet, when we see him, we see tattoos on both of his arms as he's leaving. What is on his left arm?
Speaker 3: One of them says, no, no, something, No? Is that the one is that? The one? Is that the one? Or is it the other one? The vengeance is it's the second one, you see. So the first one's vengeance saith my lord or something. The second one is no Ah, forgive, never forgive. It's never forget for ye okay, because maybe you'll forget about this because yes. One next question for you is what is the name of the pet store that Miss Clary's drives into. Oh it's not because that's rhinoplastic. It's pets. You love pets. You love that you, Well, we do love them, we do. I only have one more places they come in here and destroy you. That is today. Do you want to do? You want to talk about that? Just real quickly. That's I don't get angry at the cats anymore. I've just accepted my face. It's like cats are going to be cats, man, cat.
Speaker 4: I have one more question, one more trivy question. One of the ingredients of a Texas chili.
Speaker 3: Bowl, so it is Tabasco sauce, a telephone, and something to do with the anis it's just as Yeah, And I looked up the meaning of it, and apparently this was something that was just created by South Park. There's all these different meanings and it's like what people their interpretation of what it could be. I don't ever want to go down that road. That's true.
Speaker 4: There are one or two in here that oh yeah, that's something you hear about from the playground, like the wet Willy and things like that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, or actually Polish bike rides another one. Yeah, I think I've got two different definitions of that. Oh yeah. One one was so ridiculous that it doesn't make sense because it's it's something you do to a female doesn't make any sense. The other one was just forcing someone to ride a bike without seat on it. That's a Polish bike ride.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think there might be a joke about that as well. Yeah, basically I think butters his anus is in trouble. He did not look well after that peating from Trent. Oh boy, I love cheesypoofs. You love cheesypoofs. Weeed didn't cheesypoofs. Sweet be starting, of course with the tastes of all cheesepoots, Miss Katie g j. Of course, we also have Glen Gomez, Justin Parker, Zach Pruitt, Shanny Macher, Elliott j O'Neil, Isabella Murphy, Rage Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sean Dvie, Pete Anderson, Timothy Bells, and Andrew Davis, Kevin Dentzel, Planned Flood, Bello, Window make, Jack McFadden, Heath Appleby, Adrick McLeod, Mark Trelevan Ginger and Pickle Preston, Murray, Talia and Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Logan, b James Shepherd, Joe Reading, Sect, Dave Pretzels McNally, Gavin Lane, Dami Miller, Charlie Joe and Abigail be sharp Kater, whoo bet you're exhausted. Bag full, bag could always be. There's room in the bag for more always. You know when you buy a packet of potato chips crisps as they call them overseas, and you open it up and it's like, this shit's only are full. That's stringflation. What the hell? Yeah, but there's more room in the bag. Yeah, more cheesy poops, get early access to the show and whatnot. Let me tell you how grateful we are for each and every single one of those, absolutely keeping the lights on here at going down to South Park. Without you guys, we wouldn't be able to get into a review as we are about to right now of Preschool, which originally aired on November tenth, two thousand and four. The top three films at the US box office when this episode aired, Number three still the Grudge, Number two we got Ray, and number one. The film that debuted this week was The Incredibles. Ah fantastic movie. Yeah, are you be? The best Pixar film of the last twenty years. It's my favorite. Credit too is good as well. Yeah, I think Toy Story two gives a good run for its money. I was sorry too. Is a film I did not appreciate enough until I was older. Yeah, I never liked I only gone to the movies and watching Toy Story two and going I don't really like this at all? Didn't I didn't obviously I was a nerd, but I didn't get the collector aspects to the story. Yeah, rather two is in there as well. Also, I've never watched that's great. Yeah, I've heard great things. Yeah. Both directed by Brad Bird of the Simpsons fame. It might be a bit of a hot take here because I know that everybody loves up. I think everybody loves the first ten minutes up, or at least holds it very dear to their heart. There's a lot of good stuff afterwards, but I think everyone remembers the first five minutes. Yes, it is a really really good movie, and the kids used to watch it all the time. I remember it always. I think it affects you because you just those first five minutes are probably the most beautiful thing picks I've ever done. I think, Yeah, can you think of a better five minutes of animation ever? Even the Simpsons? That is the I think the peak of animation. Oh yeah, it's brilliod. Yeah, it's really it's just it's life in a nutshell, and it's something that everyone can if you've if you ever ever been in love, Oh, you can't watch that and not just break down, correct, But yes, I just think The Incredible is yeah, is a great movie. And apparently they're making number three now, so so I have heard. Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is the only time I'll feel bad for the MCU, because they're all doing it right. They're not exactly hurting for cash anyone anyone affiliated with that?
Speaker 3: Is it best to be here? A movie of all time?
Speaker 4: Incredibles, well, Fox and now Disney. I keep trying to bring the Fantastic Four to the screen. I haven't watched First Steps, the ones that's just come out.
Speaker 3: I don't have any need to.
Speaker 4: No, I mean, I feel like this will shop on Disney Plus later and then I'll be happy to.
Speaker 3: Check I watch twenty five minutes of it and then get back to the rest of it. At some point. Quite possibly they already made the perfect Fantastic Four movie with the Incredibles. I think you said that, yeah, yeah, yeah, So anytime that you try to bring the Fantastic four to the screen is kind of like plus Incredibles. Incredibles has the ability with the animation as well, so they can do things that you can't really do in live action. Absolutely, yeah, I mean, well, they can do wonderful things with computers. Incredibles is just better. It is, it really is, and debut at number one and deserve it to stay there for a couple of weeks as well. All right, so the episode written and directed by I'm assuming Trey Parker, that is correct. Yes, it says Dante Alexander played young Stan marsh Skylar James Sandak as young Butter's stotch. Dante Alexander, like they don't have Oh was he the kid? He think I won the contest to voice the character? Well there was alex No, Dante Alexander is an actor. Yeah, okay, but you remember what I'm talking about when alex you're right, my mum, my dad. That's why I'm getting Alexander. I think alex from that now, he's just an American actor from New York and his voice few characters in South Park from primarily those which appeared in season eight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, well, yeah, I mean we can talk about this and now I feel like but I mean, apparently this episode started as according to as Perer Wikipedia, an idea for a spinoff title South Park Kids.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm glad they didn't do that so much. Yeah that would have really the jokes run to the ground within the first minute of them being on screen. Oh yeah, absolutely like the designs of them, like I said, with the preschool shirts and Kenny's with the scarf over his face and whatnot. But seeing a what three year old cartman making dude jokes to Kyle just didn't work. No, I didn't play it didn't work at all. Yeah, I'm watching this going, oh this really and it shouldn't really work either as eight year olds, but just watching a preschool or do it just felt so forced.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, yeah, this is apparently this is on the supposedly on one of the on the commentary for this episode, they talk about that, which you can track down if you have the means and the wear with all.
Speaker 3: Where did you see that? On the wiki page page. I can't find anything about the TV show in production either. The children's sensors swear. He's not actual swear. He has been stead men at words of words like big dummy, That's why I was wondering about that clause. I went, what's what the census? Because I've got the Young Cup version. I was like, why is it censored? I tried to find another version, like, no, that joke being is not actually saying swear words. Yes, so starters an idea for a titled south Park Kids here that would have been And ye I'm glad because the south Park as a whole, the brand would have not suffered, but it would have been tarnished. Remember that time they tried South Park Kids? Yeah, no one needs that. Why do you think they would have They would have even attempted that because Muffa Babies worked. Muffa Baby's like eight nine seasons out of it, But Muppet's South Park Kids. No, Like it's it's funny enough for them being eight year old saying this ship three year old. Absolutely No, I don't want it. I don't need it. I'm glad we don't have it. Yeah. Then there was a rat school and it starts off it's just sort of under all the bansterer of kids. Whatnot? You hear Clyde saying it's man from Atlanta's with web fingers. Who is Patrick? Yes, yes, who they've named Jack before. Yeah, but well here's the leg of scuzzle butt from one. Yeah. Are you familiar with Man from Atlantis? Oh I do, I am, actually I looked it up. But just another nod to a seventy sci fi show. Absolutely. Yeah. Yeah. I remember watching this as a little kid thing where men from there. That's your kid. It just sounds like a cool place. But I don't think it's that interesting.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, just this what supposedly advanced civilization that's sunk into the ocean and he exists at the bottom.
Speaker 3: Of the sea or whatever. Because there was that Disney movie Atlanta's the Lost Empire. Yeah, I never saw it. I remember looking at it going, this just does not look fun to me. It looks silly. Yeah, I've had it's great.
Speaker 4: I think it might be, Okay, I sort of vaguely remember. I think it's in the vein of something like Titan Ae or Treasure Planet, all those movies that sort of came out the Treasure Planet. Good to watch it, not long ago. Treasure Planet's not bad. Yeah, okay, I started to rewatch it on Disney Plus not long ago. All right, then again, I think twenty five minutes and it's like, I got that stuff to do. I know it's going I know what's happening here, and I'm an adult.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean it was nice to hear a shout effort. Yeah, you mean leated with the whip thing. Yeah, but this is where stand walks in and he's just he has to interrupt himself. I've got to tell you something. You got to tell you something, guys, and he announces that Trent boy Yette has gotten out of Juvie after five years. He's finally gotten out after the horrific crime from back in the day. We don't know what it is just yet, but they're all terrified. The name just sends chills down the stade and you play the music que and whatnot. Carton walks past. How you guys going t cool? Yes, And he's the meanest, dirtiest, toughest kid in the world who's super pissed off and us that trompo yet, Yeah, that's the one, and butters are stressed out as well. He says he's going to go run and hide, So he leaves school and hides and says, mate, maybe he's forgiven us. Maybe it's been so long he's forgiveness. They were only in preschool at the time, So then we get the flashback to South Park kids. I love first of all that they they're saying, what the meanest toughest kid in school? What he's like? Little guy? Remember how Yeah, but size doesn't matter. It's all attitude. No, no, no, I mean not even his side, but just at that age, like the toughest kid when you're eight years old, Yeah, probably not that tough. I mean, yeah, I think they did a good job of making him come across this just visually as the tough kid. Tough kids just have that demeanor to them. Yes, the haircut or whatnot, but the little junkyard dog and usually sort of frown. You're making the kids say, uncle, just beating me with the hammer and what not. Woo do you see what?
Speaker 1: Do you know how to start a fire? Sure?
Speaker 3: I burned lots of stuff.
Speaker 1: Start one, the I'm gonna put it out.
Speaker 3: We're firemen.
Speaker 1: Do you you know how to put out a fire?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll play.
Speaker 3: Fireman all the time.
Speaker 1: Don't worry Trent. All right, fine, hey, fellows, you'd better be careful. Shut out pleasers. We know what we're doing, all right? Then, wow cool cold seven bringing the fireman.
Speaker 3: Woo woo woo wooh. Clan clan clan, clan clan, come.
Speaker 1: On, fireman, put out the fire and whole clank clank clay else.
Speaker 3: We say the school, hey, put.
Speaker 2: It out, Tramp that you don't now they said they could put it out.
Speaker 3: Get back away. Now, I'm suppose we didn't get we didn't start a fire reference, but he says, and then that was it. I was like, this just felt like they were setting up a punchline there. But basically so TRD here he does something wrong by starting the fire. But he's like, but they promised they knew how to put it out exactly. You feel like he should have started, But you feel sorry for the kid. Oh yeah, and miss Clarice. Goodness, gratcies me very tough break from clarage. Yes, yeah, So she gets burnt horrifically. She's taken away in the hospital. When the cops us, what's going on? This boy here says that you didn't do it.
Speaker 1: No, no, no no.
Speaker 3: They just throw him under the bus and Trent boy gets taken away forever. We again, well do not have to worry. Yeah, I did, like the police sort of pretending to like tussle it and describing them. But then it cuts to the present time and they explain, how, look, we can't tell our parents that he's got nag's gonna because they've never been lying all this time. Kyle's always more worried about what his parents are going to say, and as opposed to what the other option is, which is getting what she kicked out of him.
Speaker 4: We've always seen the Brovlovsky parents, particularly Sheila, a little more.
Speaker 3: Punitive. Well, this is when Kyle, I think these kid says, my mum's gonna break my legs. But miss Claire, she goes by, and what would you call that machine? It's almost like an iron lung kind of thing, isn't it. It's a combination Beata device or the Davros device from Doctor Who. Yeah, yeah, that's true. Yeah, and Kyl's again says, maybe Trent's forgotten about it cuts the Trent getting out of prison, prison, looking very ready to kill somebody. He's got tattoos, vengeance his mind. Say, if the Lord never forget, gets given all of his stuff that you had when he went in, which is the creole eight pack of a sharpener, a pair of plastic round tip scissors, one marble blue, one switchblade knife with kill or portrayers on the side black. And he asked, where you going, kid, and he said, I've got some business dick care of. Then we cut the butters. He's hiding in his room in the dark, in the corner.
Speaker 4: I love it when people getting out of jail say shit like that, we should keep this guy. Give me in the oven a little while longer, ready to let out.
Speaker 3: But Butter's is hiding now in his room. His parents knocking the door. They say, you case like, yeah, I'm finding someone to stay in here. And we've all been through this, was like, well, he's obviously hiding, but I'm like, mom, I'm happy inside watching TV. Oh yeah, don't you know your reason? An indoor kid? Go out, go outside and play. I love when they met the front door. Butter's play play you. This is honestly me without ginger cat crash. He goes outside, but here's the wind. He runs back inside. Sometimes I just throw him outside closed and I'm like, you're a cat, get out there and be a cat. This is your natural habitat. Go outside and frolic. Yeah, go go run in the grass. Climb some fences, get into trouble, your little shit ed. But then he is where Butters is out the front, looks over the road and he sees trend and you would ship pant. Oh god, that's like a Michael Meyer scene. Have you ever heard the story about You're Aware of Nightmare on Elm Street. I'm assuming I know what that.
Speaker 4: Apparently where's Craven? When he was very young, he was in his room and he looked out the window down to the street below, and there was like some disheveled old guy sort of walking along the street.
Speaker 3: Eat. Apparently this old guy could have sort of sense that young Wedd's Craven was up and his window looking down. He sort of looked up at him, the old going home alone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and pulled a face and yeah, just a scared little weds crave and little west Grab sort of ducked away, and.
Speaker 3: Then he looks back up and the guy's still there and pulls another and pull the face again, like what a lord? And I didn't believe this fucking guy. Yeah, just doing this to scare this little kid. So that would sound like a fun time for the old guy though, right, Oh god, yeah, I always prefaced my stories would say, I'm proh, I'm sure we've heard this one before. When we lived in England back in nineteen seventy nine, I was about nine years old when we got there, and for the first couple of weeks or so, we were staying in I guess a bed and breakfast while we were sorting out our house. And I don't know if this kid, who would have been maybe five or six years older them, which would have made him like a mid teenager, was the kid of the people who owned the bed and breakfast. He said he was watching you. Well, yeah, yeah, he told this story. Yeah, and he kind of had a he scheduled. Yeah, he probably wasn't weird at all. You just screamed in his face. And right off didn't screamed in his face. I mean because I was I was outside playing around. I was like, I was like but.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I just playing, just playing by myself, which I was prying to do. And also they won't know whether kids around anything like that. But I looked up and yeah he was. He was looking at the window and he sort of had like a weird leer on his face, like the joker or something. Literally went ah, ran of because yeah, he had a very pale face, black hair. You were Damien Omen two of course, Yeah, he looked a bit like Damien Omen took.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that kid's a really good actor, by the way, Like I like Damien Omen too, but that's what he looked like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, black hair almost sort of combed Hitler style and just a pale face, and he was sort of like and.
Speaker 3: He was probably there's nothing sinister about it a friend.
Speaker 4: No, he probably thought, look at this sweet little Austraian kid frogging around in the snow, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Just like, ah, you fucking weirdo ran out of there. Oh man. So yeah, that kid never forgot that moment. They kid never got that. Now he's probably like, never went outside again. I just wanted to make a friend, anti social forever. Um, why did kids scream in my face? It's your teeth show horrible? Speaking of I said, it's very much not Michael Myers. The scariest scene for me in Halloween one is when she looks at the window and he's just standing in the washing and it's just back and he's gone. I'm like, that is there's nothing, no special effects there, It's just dud standing in the in the washing, it scares of ship out of me.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and before that as well, when she's walking down the street and you know where it seems standing in front of the.
Speaker 3: Carmena Lord. Yeah, yeah, indeed knows how to make movies. Trent goes over there, and I'm watching this going I wonder if Trent's going to get there and say, look, Butters, I know you made a mistake. I know it wasn't your idea. Blah blah blah blah blah. No, cust the butters fucked up great line in there. I was like, I can't stand here and scream like that. I'm going upstairs because the pairs here scream yeah, I'm going upstairs and leave him to it. So cut the butters. In hospitals just love that. It's so not a few to visit Butters. And the kids are staring at him like, oh, that's gonna be us next. What happened to him? Doctor?
Speaker 5: From the test results, it would appear your child was tortured by a bully. He received a massive snuggie He's underwear pulled up so high it nearly killed him. He also received two Indian sunburns on his forearms, Charlie horse on the thigh, and a second degree titty twister, and from the damage to his head area, it appears he was also given a swirly class woman. It also looks like he received a nuggie and a Polish bike ride.
Speaker 3: What's that? We aren't sure.
Speaker 4: We only know that there is no cure Indian sunburn. We never referred to them that Chinese Chinese burn.
Speaker 3: We call him. We've discussed this day. Every country just has their own name, racist name or something.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, because I mean, I can't recall an Asian person ever giving me using the the Chinese burn.
Speaker 3: That not at all. It's a great torture though, I mean, are a great sort of bullying device. It's not not.
Speaker 4: Do you think the kids out there or the listeners out there know what a Chinese burn? Should we explain? Do kids get physically abused anymore? Is it just emotionally it's just psychologically and emotionally tormented. Yeah, twenty four to seven.
Speaker 3: But their parents cry and they blame themselves. The boys are worried. What are we gonna do? Kyle thinks the mum's reactions is gonna be worse, So he said we can't tell my mum stands as we just need to get protection. And it's where Carmen says, what are we supposed to do with condoms? And I've gone I feel like we've established in the past that yes, they are learned, these kids, right, but just things like condoms, can't really wouldn't know what it is they need to go. What are we do with condoms? It just feels out of character, just feels like they usually they do a good job of having them do this wacky, outlandish shit but still keep them as kids. Yeah, he's eight, you know. We we record on or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we record an episode of four Thing Discount earlier today with Daniel Connell, Yeah, stand up comedian, and we talked about Home of the Smithers. Very good episode, but something I mentioned was that it had just great traditional sitcom gags and there that would fit into just about any classic sitcom, just.
Speaker 3: Real good one liners.
Speaker 4: And this feels like an attempt to sort of do that kind of thing, that whole we need protection, we need carnons, but it feels like the bad version of that kind of joke.
Speaker 3: I felt that joke might work better if Butter said it because can'tan being the idiot in that regard. I don't know, I'm not used to can't remember being the idiot when it comes to knowing things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or just conflating protection and condoms.
Speaker 3: Because this gig, this gag works for someone who plays the innocent character because he's too innocent to no. I guess that's not that's not it either. Just felt it's a very good gag. Yeah, it wasn't really that great, was it.
Speaker 4: It doesn't feel it doesn't feel south Park in me. It just feels like sort of like something here on Caroline and the City or the single guy Caroline.
Speaker 3: In the City. That's the show. I've known it for a while. What's another one from that time, kar in the City, who was the one that had the naked truth? Oh? Yeah, we like that one. Yeah. Going Down to South Park is brought to you by the four Finger Discount Patreon, where you will find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including exclusive South Park reviews and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes of four Finger Discount Tales of Futurama, Bobby's Pods, Speaking of the Hill, Talking Sifould, The One About Friends, and so much more. So go ahead and join the family today at patreon dot com slash four finger discount. We come for a commercial down the six Gras is riding their bikes being goofballs by the lake. The boys arrive, six Gus try to intimidate them. They say, what do you want? What are you doing in their area? They say they want protection and they offer them in return at twelve they said, twelve pack Doctor Pepper's Shoots. The Letters game used three times. Harry Potter two DVD and I Keep on for free fries with any Deluxe Burger purchased at Red Robin.
Speaker 4: Do you remember the subtitle of Harry Potter too in a Chamber of Secret? That's great, Jason, Well, I knew was that it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it. I'm just throwing a question out there. I've never seen. I can tell you what they called Quinto over the next Chamber of Secrets. I know there's Prisoner of Azkaban. There is is actually I can't tell you the more for Goblet of Fire. Goblet of Fire. That's one with Pattinson okay, five three, a prisoner prisoner okay, Chamber of definitely hollows is that one? Hello's definitely definitely, Hello is the last because I've never seen them. I've seen the first one. Actually you got half blood prints in there and the Order of the Phoenix or the Phoenix. All right, that's the newest one, isn't Isn't it that the one they made that could play for No, no, no, that's part of the I don't see the freecasts or the cast of the TV show. Yeah, people are ranting about it, and I'm like, well, this is just this is always going to happen. It's not your Harry Potter anymore. Yeah, You've got your Harry Potter. Go and enjoy it or not. But then they say they want more, and what do you want? We want a picture of your mum. We want a picture of our boobs and the bubes. Yeah, un totally want a second. Man's tears weak. But it has to be a good pitch too, and Cartman says, well, it looks like we have to get an neked photo. Stands Mum, like, imagine being in this situation. It's like, I don't want to be killed. But the alternative is to take a photo of my mom's boobs and have all the six Traders looking at it like a lose lose situation.
Speaker 4: I think actually taking the pit well, I mean because you've got to try and take it secretly and that's work good like doing that, yeah, first of all, but its imagine it busted by your mum taking a picture of.
Speaker 3: Her with her chef. That's long term trauma.
Speaker 4: That's like wait and then then well yeah, then everything unravels to explain, oh well, I needed to.
Speaker 3: Give it to the six those who will protect us because we said, you know, see one fine, and we set Trent Boyant to ju you fucked. It's funny here now because Nicoli used to like walk around with like nothing on kind of thing in front of Alliott, right right, but the thing is now Elliott he's seven and a half. It's kind of like, I think it's in that age now where I don't think this is appropriate anymore. She's like, yeah, you're probably right, but we've got friends who their kids are like ten, they're still walking around with nothing on it, And I'm like, more power to you. But I just feel like, I know, just it just feels when boys. Because Elliot started to notice no girls. Now he talks about how he's got crushed on this girl and whatnot. You probably named the girl but we won't name names and of their kids. But like he's got he's got crushes on girls and this that and girlfriends. I just think, you know, boobs are probably something he's just going to just naturally sure discover soon kind anything and be attracted by hardwired into your system.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's just in a lot of cases, Nicholas, just like, yea, maybe I shouldn't just have nothing in front of it anymore, Like is that weird? But he's only seven and a half, But it just feels like maybe he's at that age. No, I think I.
Speaker 4: Recall, you know, you mentioned that I grew up in a house with four sisters and a mum. They were going to be occasion when I when I was that age, when I was like.
Speaker 3: Hey, put it sure, what's going on there? So then we cut to Trent and he's working out very much Cape Fear with the with the bench press and whatnot. And then Miss Clarage she's just driving through town, just trying to going by her day, doing what she can, and she says she doesn't need help crossing the street. They establish the two beep things go yep, no, worries you do it by yourself. But unfortunately her battery dies while she's mid road, and now she can't answer anybody, and you have to be so cold. I'm just trying to help you. Ooh sorry, And everyone's just being really everyone think she's ignoring him. Yep. Everyone jumps a conclusion. Cars just drive around her and whatnot. Then Trent arrives at Kyle's house and I like this scene because he says it's KRL home. He's not home at the moment. He says something in the lines of sorry, thanks man, thanks for your time, man, whatever, he just walks off. I'm like, this tree kid seems respectful. Oh, sure, he just wants to get his revenge. He's not wreaking had it's not going to kill you. No, No, he's precise he's precisely targeted. Yeah, the boys now practicing how they're going to ask Sharon to be allowed to take a photo of her boobs. That cartman's got the wig on.
Speaker 2: You see, mom, All the kids at school were told to bring a picture of their mom's breast for anatomy class. I don't know soon that sounds afully strange. You cannot have a picture of Maha dress. But mom my teacher went in and note, you gotta go. But man, but mag this is hopeless. Why don't you just sneak in your mom's clout and get a picture which she's changing clothes. That's it, dude, I'm not taking a picture of my mom's boobs. No, you're not doing it either. We just have to find something that looks like boobs to take a picture of. What else has big round, squishy globes.
Speaker 3: And it's, of course Cartman's backside. And they're looking through the sex book to get ideas of what nipples look like and whatnot, and Cartman explains, well, she's been older. He go draw the nipples a bit lower. How do you know? I just know that he ain't wrong. Then Kenny draws the necklace as well, and then they return with the photo of the bubes and they fall for it. They're the hottest chits they've ever seen, they say, and they agreed to help out. Each kid just wants three minutes alone. The bushes with the photo and new she had a hot wreck. Yes, exactly right. Yeah we can be like that someday, Yeah, you will be. We come up from commercial misclarriages. Unfortunately still on the road. Just yeah, cars weaving around it.
Speaker 4: No yeah, I mean no one has taken the opportunity to or had the fourth check the maybe check the battery.
Speaker 3: Imagine being in a situation where you can't communicate. No oh, just the idea of being unable to communicate and understanding you. It's just it's God bless those people. I just can't imagine if anything worse. But so then the kids are now happy that the sixth graders are going to be helping, and they think we're safe, we're good. Now. Then they say, what's she doing in middle of the roads. Some say she's just giving up hope. And they see the bikes, or they're going in the corner and see the bikes all piled up, broken, destro and you think, oh shit, Trent's got to them. They're going to the hospital. The sixth grades are all in there with various Indian sunburnes and titty twisters. One's got a wet Willy's and the leader who is there here looking all disheveled, he's been again. He got a Texas chili bowl. But he explains to the boys here, we told him that you paid us, Like, oh no, now they know that we've tried to hire some some some muscle, so it's gonna work out terribly for them. The doctor says, I wouldn't want to be on this kid's bad side. And they think they're all dead because Trent knows that that they've been they paid the sixth graders stand says they need better help. There's any one more person left who can possibly help them, and cut to Shelley. Yes, yeah, I'm glad that Shelley got her moment as well, because Shelley is a character who is very much one note. She usually just there being angry all the time. For her to be the one to be almost like the voice of reason here, oh yeah, I thought it was a nice character. Just ad a bit of substance to a character.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, you're right, and you're right about the one not thing that's it can be. When she first shot up in this, I'm like, but no, you're right for to be. Yeah, the voice of reason in this regard is yeah, refreshing.
Speaker 3: She says, I will help you as long as you go and become clarriage. Yeah, come clean, apologize, make amends, and I will help you so the car is still driving around, Miss Clarage misclaredge. The people in town are really worried about you.
Speaker 2: Look, if you're having some kind of problem, you have to be able to talk to people.
Speaker 3: Just tell us this. Do you trust that we want what's best for you?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Or no? All right, fine, but someday you're gonna have to learn to let people in. Bitch, what a hard life, Miss Clarridge has had, good at all? Not getting any better. No, it's not about to at all. Boys arrive and they're about to come clean before Trent arrives. Of cart and squeal Trent and they say, look, I've been locked away for five years? Might have been how long ally's been? Crap too? No, magical Christmas were talking proof for Trent. No trips to Afghanistan for Trent was the other one fighting stras And yeah, most of those references from what the earlier season. I just thought this felt very much like a tribute to old school South Park. Yeah. Then Carton pulls out his mum's taser. And when he first said that, thought is it's going to be a vibrator. That's what I thought it might have been. He said, you don't know how to use it. He turns on the taser, which hits Missclarridge's device charges, the battery charges, she drives into what's it called the she does into little gas shack right. I saw this as an homage attribute to King of the Hill and Judge because it says, for all your pro paine and pro pain accessories. Ah dimessed that part because they have any necessary because they have pals with my Judge of course, like Beavis and but Ed was big inspiration for South Park and whatnot. Like Mike, Judge is the man through Parking Stones's eye. So I thought this would be their little way of just paying tribute to the man. It's a little east yeah, if you know, you know, but now you know. Yes. But of course this results in everything exploding, causing Miss Claires to catch on fire. Out again and call me crazy, But just the beeps of people like her, it's her screaming no that was haunting, Like this poor woman can't communicate, She's just beaming saying no, no, no, while she's on fire. I felt so so for the woman, which is why the thing is, this poor woman is going through so much help because of these boats, and they still won't own up to it. Oh, it's a little dark in that regardless. Yeah, they drive into that. She drive into the pet store, the cat's roll clinging to her face. She eventually crashes into the fire hydrant puts the fire out at the front of Tom's run out Plassy. The cops are there again. They think Trent did it, you know, they think he was returned to finish her off because he was there when it all happened. So, Trent, you just had to finish off your old preschool teacher.
Speaker 2: No, they did it, Trent.
Speaker 3: Ms clariicge. Did Trent Boyer do this to you? Yes? Yes, take him away?
Speaker 2: Now you gotta listen to me.
Speaker 3: So Trek has taken away again. The kids think that has been fire. It's gonna be another five years before he comes back. They've fled absolutely nothing from any of this story. And they rub it in by well Cartman dropping trou and showing off that butt. Yeah, and they finally attractive and they drag him into the bushes. Bibbs, bibbs, Bibbs bibbs And at the end of preschool a really fun episode. I really really like this. Just I wouldn't say you switch your brain off kind of entertainment. But it's just it's sometimes you want something you want to say down the shallow end of it. Something funny happened in South Part that didn't require any prior knowledge of anything happening in the world at that point. In talk, A lot of the season eight episodes have been good because we lived through that time. Oh yeah. If you didn't live through that time, a lot of the references you wouldn't quite get a lot of the themes still work now in regards to my last week, yeah, we will go back, so yeah, but there's been episodes where it doesn't quite good. This as another one that's, of course, where you sort of think, if we weren't there, you might not quite get it as much. But this one here just felt very much as timeless episode of South Point. Oh yeah, yeah, just some yeah. Sometimes you just want to have a little fun. Yeah, and that's what this episode provided. Having sales the time you might say, you might say that, all right, So the next episode, I've gone down to South Park. The next episode we are reviewing is Quest four ratings. Looking forward to that one thing. Don't forget guys, you can get in touch with us South Park Mailbag at gmail dot com. We're going to be recording a mailbag episode very very soon, so we want to hear get all of your questions sent through South Park Mailbag at gmail dot com. Send them all through, or you can also get in touch with us via the Patreon channels as well, or via discord. If you're a support of ours on Patreon, you get access to our discord at Facebook Community and early and ad free access to this show, all the other shows we do here in the network, and our exclusive shows, whether it be TAZ if you Drama, Speaking of the Hill, Talking Seinfeld, or Bobby's Pods. You want to get access to one hundred hours of bonus content. Support us on Patreon now and the links for inscription of this podcast. But for now, mister Davis, any final words for those incredible listeners out there, See you later, incredible listeners. I am often to take a Polish bike ride.