Speaker 1: Welcome everybody to the eighth edition of the thunder Buddies podcast, where I'm here with my favorite professional projector, Gail, and we're gonna tell you about two new vehicles coming into the game as well last yearing some of our most fun experiences we've been having recently that honestly, I think it's good to take a step back and go can war Thunder be fun? And we're gonna tell you how we've had fun. Lady, how you doing?
Speaker 2: Gail? You suck man, you suck. I was like today, I'm gonna keep my composure. Nothing you do is gonna get to me. It's not gonna mess with me at all. And then you tried extra hard. Come on in profession. Yeah, okay, okay, how we doing. Thank guys for listening. Welcome to episode eight of the thunder Buddies. Thank you guys for being here once again for another week. Thank you guys for hanging out. I think we're starting to get excited. There's a lot of dev blogs coming out and a lot of cool things that we're gonna talk about today. We have a big update coming out in the next potentially three weeks, so we'll start seeing a lot of cool stuff and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So this will also be like the first episode and I think like a month where we won't even mention Nabel. Besides the fact that I just said the word neighbors content in this episode.
Speaker 2: Either nobody said about that riff just saying no one, no one's upset it is, you know, trouble. Is that what you're talking about? What's that from the Holy Boomer reference?
Speaker 3: Okay, something from a long time.
Speaker 2: I don't even known.
Speaker 1: I think it was one of those old you remember, the old like Disney movies of like Robin.
Speaker 3: Hood and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, they were like they were like animated foxes. It wasn't Robin Hood. It was like a fox.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's something like that. But I feel like I remember from my childhood.
Speaker 2: Okay, as long as it's not like the Song of the South or something, we'll be okay. I don't know where we were going with that. That's an animated Disney movie.
Speaker 1: The fact that you jumped straight to that comment section, let me know if it's not about Gail Well the new vehicle comeing in.
Speaker 3: It's an air vehicle. This one.
Speaker 1: Actually, you were talking about it before we started the recording of how originally it was planned for the Welcome to have a premium variant, but one that is coming in a new twin engine high altitude fighter with a lot of cannons to be honest for the br that it's going to be a but a high altitude British fighter. This is gonna be the Westland Welkin and did have premium version. This is gonna be a tech Tree version, and apparently they pulled the premium version and didn't say why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yep, I saw I saw one of my news guys talking about it and they posted on the forms that it was gonna have the Welkin f Mark one and the late version. Which it's interesting because the devlogs title still says it still says the Late in the title, but it's not in the dev blog anymore because I guess they pulled the premium version for unforeseen circumstances. They said it might come back at a future time. So interesting. But yeah, there is a new tech Tree plane coming out and it's a unique one for the British and I think a lot of British people feel a little bit left out sometimes, so I think Rev is more excited about this plane than I am, so I'll let him run about. Well, it's about but it looks all right to me.
Speaker 1: I will say Number one, it's coming to the era of the game that I'm always the most passionate about props. Right if you're a jet guy, does nothing wrong with that. There's a lot of people who enjoy jets. I just I've always enjoyed the prop era of war Thunder, and that's where it's getting thrown in. It has the same four to twenty milimeter cannons as the Whirlwind does. For twenty millimeters cannons that anything at this br range is very good firepower, so it's got great firepower. The drawback to this is that it's got a seventy foot wingspan. This thing is made for high altitude flying. If you're down at two hundred feet you're trying to make some dogfight turns, good luck, you're either ripping the wings off or you're getting shot down. Yeah, there is a play style that I think this really fits in.
Speaker 3: I would argue it's a very niche play style, but it's still exciting.
Speaker 1: And the reason I'm into this a lot is Number one, for the size of the plane.
Speaker 3: You got a lot of rounds.
Speaker 1: It's almost six hundred and twenty milimeters rounds, which for you air.
Speaker 3: RB guys can be big because that's not a lot of having to reload and reland.
Speaker 1: And also just the fact that it's different stylistically to what you're used to. Again, this is a high altitude style bomber made to go thirty five forty up to forty four thousand feet.
Speaker 3: How often do those.
Speaker 1: Scenarios come up in war Thunder really depends on what you're playing.
Speaker 3: But I think the main key that I get excited about is this isn't a copy and paste.
Speaker 1: People said, hey, we don't like the battle Pass Spitfire because it's a copy paste.
Speaker 3: Well, you have a unique.
Speaker 1: Style plane for the British Tree now that you can chase after and play and explore. That will be a different experience from other things in the British Tree.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, yeah, I agree. I think it's unique. I think the best way to compare it if you've played the British Tree before is it's gonna be kind of like the Hornet, but even more a tune for higher altitude. So what I what I'm imagining is kind of like those later fock wolves. The dog knows fock wolves, but the but the ta, it'd be like moving the fock wolf to the TA would be kind of be like moving the hornet to the welkin. So yeah, it's a high altitude good for intercepting. Not great for maneuvering, especially low outtude, but high altitude if you like intercepting bombers, if you like being that play style where you're high in the out, you're high and like high altitude, and you want to use those frontal twenty mills that really bring people pressure. And I think it'll be good. I don't know. I'm interested to try it. I like props a lot, the British props I've always slightly enjoyed, but I don't never love the spitfires. So I like the hornet a lot. So I'm more excited than I think you. You think I'm putting off, But it's all right, I'm why are.
Speaker 3: You projected on me?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Rams more excited and then like, oh now it's my fault. You're not excited. What the hell, man, do you like the welkin or not?
Speaker 2: It's alright, it's all right.
Speaker 3: It's the reason.
Speaker 2: It's one of the first week of dead blogs. Okay, because they know it's not the most exciting aircraft, you know, like it is what it is.
Speaker 1: This is the type of meat and potatoes vehicle that I think makes warth under fund though, right. This is the type of vehicle that if you have enough of these Joe Bob over there and Billy Sue over.
Speaker 3: There, they love this. Right, And this does have to be clear.
Speaker 1: This isn't just like if your dogfighter has no purpose with almost any twin engine aircraft, which the Welkin is, but this one in particular have an advantage, is going to have much better early battle climb rate. Right, So you get up top, so you talk about can it fight the fighters? Yes, in that early portion of the game where you can get to fifteen twenty thousand feet way before they can. Yeah, you don't have massive, massive frontal armament in combination with way more potential energy stored up because you've got way more out through them, you can do a lot with this.
Speaker 3: It's is gonna come down to playing that type of play style.
Speaker 1: If you are someone who is just really used to a six you know, zeros and spit fires, you're doing low turn rate dog fights. I guess my rate dog fights at low altitudes. Yeah, this could be a very different experience to you. But that doesn't mean it's useless either. There are ways that this could be a very fun, very effective plane. And I expect to do this when I'm deciding to go chase those B twenty six's and AM two six four's and I want to go bomber hunting.
Speaker 3: This could be a really nice addition to that. And again, like you said to the British.
Speaker 2: Tree, yeah, yeah, I we'll see how it is. I we'll see when the stats actually come out, how it'll be climb rate wise. If if it has some of the best climb rate at this br I think it'll be it'll be a lot of fun to use. So we'll see. We don't know enough about it yet. Just a simple dev blog from guidgen this week, just in their in their schedule of deav blogs talking about what's coming. You know, it's it's just it is.
Speaker 1: Worth noting that they said that the speed and things like that and the turn rate are not good, but.
Speaker 3: They they did take the note.
Speaker 1: That it has their quote impressive climb rate, which historically translates in war thunder to it being in.
Speaker 3: The upper echelog of that category.
Speaker 2: But maybe not.
Speaker 3: So Yeah, it's I don't think it's going to be the best, Like.
Speaker 1: Well number one, Why don't think it's gonna be the best because they took the premium out, because if we're gonna put the best anything, they're going to try to sell it right, So I still think.
Speaker 2: It's weird. I don't know what the difference was because I I quickly skimmed the dev blog when it first came out, so I don't actually know what the premium was different than the tech Tree one. But it's interesting that they're adding the tech Tree but they pulled the premium for the updates, so who knows what the premium was different and why they pulled it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could just be.
Speaker 2: Economics with Guigen. They might just have decided that the British didn't need another premium right now and they wanted to save it for a later date or something. I don't know, but there you go. There's there's your another new vehicle coming in the major update and it's not a boat. Thank god. We actually got some insight into something else that was coming out, so it'll be interesting. I will see how it goes.
Speaker 1: I told everybody, like, get through and the boats will start to dry up? Am I so impatient? In twenty twenty six, can you people calm down? Like, give us few boat people thirty days to have a freaking boat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my Atlanta. Good news.
Speaker 1: By the way, if y'all are here, if you do want to spend money, you're just in here, like well, damn it.
Speaker 3: I wanted a.
Speaker 1: Premium welcome stay towards the end of this show. We got a premium for you to buy don't worry, just coming out soon.
Speaker 2: And and one quick, very small thing for all my top tier airb players if you didn't catch it this week. They also made it so there was a there's a meadow right now and top tier where no one really knows how to notch or BVR, so that the there was all these tiktoks going around about just shoot down the enemy missiles. We were hoping they would fix that. They didn't necessarily fix it, but they did make it so if you fired your Fox ones or Fox threes on an enemy air it will not proxy on a target smart smaller than an aircraft, so it doesn't really change anything. All that someone can still fire their missile at your missile because if you fire a missile on a missile, then the filter is looking for a small target. So it didn't really fix anything, but it does seem like there's a trend to guideen. They've been actively shooting down these like unplanned metas that have been coming out recently, so it seems like they might be pushing towards that meta to be removed. But it's a first step. You might notice that your missile doesn't get hit by as many missiles now, so it is what it is, you know.
Speaker 1: On that topic, I'm particularly curious of how these type of changes will affect and this is just pure conjectured time lazy and gentlemen, welcome to to the conjecture segment, but we know that they're working on it won't do eventually, get too stealth.
Speaker 3: Aircraft with JIM fighters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, out of updates like this end up affecting things like that, talking about those having extremely small signatures for radar and everything. And will these be the type of decisions they have to reverse or change again or are they purposely planning long term for these type of things. I'm very curious because to my knowledge they're still going. Obviously, infantry being the focus that is absolutely still right there being worked on on the table, is working towards fifth gen fighters.
Speaker 2: So I actually didn't even think of it like that, But yeah, you're right, that's a really good point. That's why I keep you around. RIV. Everyone thinks of this, like, yeah, you're firing on a plane size signature. It won't detonate on anything smaller than that now, But yeah, you're right, if they add fifth gen or they add stealth fighters like they plan to. Sealth fighters have a smaller radar signature than like an AIM one twenty does, so will it detonate on us? Will always just sail right past a stell? And well, I don't know. I mean, I don't know a lot about this is what stealthy.
Speaker 3: Questions, Like, how are they going to get the math.
Speaker 2: Right exactly exactly?
Speaker 3: You jump going from worth gen to fifth gen on exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So like if you fire on a fifth gen that has its bomb base open and the signature is huge, but then they close their bombbays, it's still tracking a tiny ass like signature. Is it gonna go off? I have no idea, And that's you know, I stand by my point. I've been saying this for two years. If they add self fighters, I think it's gonna be hardly broken. That's my opinion about that. But interesting, it's an interesting thought. They might have to reverse this change eventually.
Speaker 1: I always definitely prefer to err on the side of positivity, but I will agree with you that the scale of going to Gen five when it comes to aircraft is not like going from Gen three to Gen four for aircraft. I mean, it's a totally different way of how they're approaching. You know, when you went to the early gens, you can look, you can tell what they were focused on, and for the most part, they were focused on all right, well we want to go first one to mock too, who could have the fastest jet out there?
Speaker 3: And things like that, and that structure has changed a lot.
Speaker 1: And could argue that, you know, Gen four and Gen four point five, and people have had this argument the war under community. Should they stick to just that because going to that fifth gen adds so much complexity. At the same time, as somebody who likes exploring things, I wouldn't mind giving it a try, but it's it's absolutely something I understand. Everybody out there being worried they're going to screw it up because.
Speaker 3: It is complex.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I understand that. I agree with that. It's we'll see. Only time will tell. I guess when it comes.
Speaker 1: I'm waiting for them to say that the Felon and the Raptor have the same you know, radio center and stuff, and they performed the same go ahead guide and make my days. See how much anti communists propaganda and do.
Speaker 2: That we're too close to the Fourth of July. You're said communists people might actually believe you. It's nuts.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm ready for the Fourth of July.
Speaker 1: In the years of being the best, I'm ready for all of our non American fans.
Speaker 3: And well we've made it to the eye Roll Ports another show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, Reff, we know what your favorite thing is about America. Now tell me what your favorite thing has been recently on your stream. What have you done recently? Rev that that that really wets your whistle? And tell me something to talk. Let's just break from the news something. Just give me something to give me something other than talking about the fourth of July right now, please.
Speaker 1: But besides the fourth of July, Well, we wanted to do this segment because I think it's important for everybody to remember that.
Speaker 3: At the key.
Speaker 1: And this might sound simplicitic, but this is a game and it's supposed to be fun and one thing that you know, not just to self promote, but partially to self promote. I hope other creators like this. We genuinely enjoy the game. We have some really fun moments, you know. For me, it's not even the games where like I perform necessarily very well. Right, you know, the best match I've had in the past month, I did a match and again very rare for this to happen, but had a match where I got over twenty kills, no deaths.
Speaker 3: I'm sitting here on my high horse. That did great.
Speaker 1: Of course, the next match I go like three kills, six death type deal.
Speaker 3: But those aren't the ones that are the most fun to me.
Speaker 1: For me, we recently had a streak of best squad wins. My favorite wager in the game is the best squad. Now keep in mind that if you're listening, one of the reasons to hang out with people like me and Gail and anybody else in a squadron is because I do believe for Silver Lion purposes, the best Squad wager is the best wager in the game and the easiest one to complete. Just get three of your buddies, and if y'all are even halfway decent at the game, y'all are gonna get best squad every time. Because almost nobody runs four players deep, it's very rare, so your ability to get that high score is simply quite easy in almost any game mode, whether it be air ground. You having a good four person squad of even halfway you know.
Speaker 3: Experienced players almost guarantees you get that wager.
Speaker 1: But we had a run over the past few months where I didn't have a single wager fail. For those who don't know how the wager works, the goal is to get ten straight or ten total best squad wins or losses. You got to finish this best squad and you get I think three mulligans, as in, if you don't get it three times or if.
Speaker 3: You don't get it twice, you can keep it going.
Speaker 1: But the goal is to get ten and the payout will be based on how much you bet, So if you do like a ten thousand silver lion bet, I think the max payout is two hundred and fifty silver lions.
Speaker 3: For you achieving all ten.
Speaker 1: And we had this streak where don't matter if we're doing ground, we would switch to air and we just kept nabbing it, man, and everybody was just getting these payouts, and we're having fun because you make these huge hits. You're like, I can actually afford those gamble boxes that come around and seal all my silver lions and stuff.
Speaker 3: So it wasn't an individual memory.
Speaker 1: It was just like the whole group and we would be rotating people in so on my stream, how I do it is everybody has a Q system and you do two matches and once you've done two, we Q in the next person.
Speaker 3: And the fact that.
Speaker 1: We kept managing to get these best squad wins just over and over with different people slot and the man, it was just so much fun as a community that it was easy to be excited like I want to be next.
Speaker 3: I want to get in there and you know, be part.
Speaker 1: Of that wager and do stuff like that, and it ends up kind of you know, trickling down to other groups now, like and I know you've had a similar experience where it will just be your group before. Now you'll have your other friends who have a group before they're trying to do the same thing at the same time, and.
Speaker 3: Those little moments don't seem like.
Speaker 1: A lot, but when you're experienced with your people, it is so much fun to be going through those.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean two hundred and fifty thousand sl for pretty much just playing the game is it's nice, especially if you're just starting off. Yeah, there's another streamer who does that's pretty much his whole focus as doing Arcade Best Squad. He actually holds the record for the most best squad medals in a single game, and it was something obscene, like two hundred or something. It was something nuts and it was Bearsden. He does that all the time, and that's it reminded me of that the whole time every I mean, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Why like going to bears channel because he's very much engaging yeah people there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's all about squad play. It's super cool. I really think that I always play with a squad in the stream, but we never actually like chase best squad wages or anything like that because usually usually it's not that easy to do in realistic because a lot of stuff can happen to realistic that would stop you, But I mean a best squad wage.
Speaker 3: Actually air realistic where you get one.
Speaker 2: Play, yeah, exactly and essentially two people get and it's rude. Yeah, if you guys don't know how the best squad wager it works. You really don't have to really do anything except get points while being adjacent to your buddies. Like, just stay next to your buddies and you'll you'll get best squad.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, you've got best squad. We've got that best squad wager. You're completed.
Speaker 1: When we went out and did a bomber setup, like all of us ran out like B twenty five six school, So like you don't even have to do dog fighting because believe not bombing and it's indiary.
Speaker 3: Bombs will score you a lot of points as well, So it gives.
Speaker 1: You an opportunity to earn what is the most important singular currency in the game, the silver lions, while also allowing you say, if I have a bad game, well, Gail makes up for it because we're all together, right, So if you're one of those people like man I all have a stretch of games where like six of them terrible, it doesn't matter if one person has a terrible stretch because we all come together, we all score together, and that's again, I really enjoy that aspect of war thunder.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's fair. Yeah, that's sick. And that brings me into one of my favorite things we've done recently and what we do a lot of interesting things, but the biggest event that we've done recently that really that was really interesting that same way was during my during one of my last sabbathons at New Year's we did a really big thing. Well two, we did two things. One of them was we wanted to like we will to use the stuka like the stuka was intended. So yeah, we uh I put I told everyone in chat, hey, if you want to try to do this, put this stuka on and put this tank on or these tanks on at this br and we'll all just go North American servers and we'll all get into the same game. And I gave everybody a countdown, and I think we got eleven people from the from the stream out of sixteen on our team, so only five people on our team for a ground r B game. We didn't know eleven out of our sixteen were from our stream, and we all had low tier Germany with the low tier Jericho Sirens stuka and we got a bunch of points. We waited like ten minutes into the match until everybody, like I had a mod saying how many people out of the eleven or whatever had said that they were ready for their stuka, and we just kept playing until everyone had their stuka. I think only one person didn't get their stuka, and we all spawned in stukas at the exact same time, and we all turned our smoke on and we flew in and we just all inverted in and dove and there was like ten or eleven Jericho Sirens stukas just screaming down and we carpet bombed the whole map with stukas, and some people brought multiple bombs, so it went on for like five minutes of someone dropping their bomb, pulling up, coming back around, and everyone had their smoke on. It was an absolute disaster. I've uploaded a.
Speaker 1: Clip imagine of the opposite team begun with ten or eleven of y'all all going out, there's now nobody to fight and you're just dropping.
Speaker 2: You're like bomb, You're like, where is everybody? Dude? Because of the five people that were in the game. I imagine most of them had left by that point, so it's like everyone just vanished. Everyone jade out. They saw like seven people jay out and they're like, what's going on? Why did they hold in me? Team? Just leave? And then like two minutes past and you just start hearing the sirens. It'd be it'd be like that meme and this.
Speaker 3: Is actually war Thunder.
Speaker 1: I appreciate y'all so much because the amount of bandwidth y'all must need for this is insane. The fact that y'all allow us to have recordings of all those matches ready for us to save if we will. Yeah, awesome, that's one that should have been saved and like put on YouTube. Yeah, because that truly was an epic moment of just like ten eleven stukas at one time, and in particular with the the siren.
Speaker 2: Going, yeah, oh yes it was. It was effective too. What is the guy who's the guy who plays the Green Goblin and the Old Spider Man movies? We do you know? You're old? You might know his name?
Speaker 3: Actors name?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The actor's name, yeah, what do you know? His name?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 3: William Dafoe.
Speaker 2: William Dafoe, Yeah, yeah, I'm imagining the William Dafoe meme the gift where he's just staring up at the sky like terrified. That's why I imagine the enemy team was. I don't even know if we ended up winning that game, but it was worth it was worth the meme.
Speaker 1: But that's that probably the old negatives. Was it a was it a domination capture three points game?
Speaker 3: Because you can't capture nothing if.
Speaker 2: I don't remember the same.
Speaker 3: Time, Like, that's a that's a solid trade off.
Speaker 2: Absolute.
Speaker 1: We'll have to have a conversation one day of what do you, as in like the community, care more about.
Speaker 3: Do you care more about your.
Speaker 1: Kill death ratio or the wind loss ratio? Because that's absolutely a match where you say, screw the wind loss. We're here for fun and you get as much as done as you can.
Speaker 2: I'm one of the people who I don't care about my win loss or my kdie. I don't. I don't care at all. I would just prefer to not like, just grind and enjoy my time. That's all I really care about. I don't.
Speaker 1: That's such a loser mentality as what losers say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then right after that we did another one where we all brought in that French World War One bomber so that they added during the World War One event last year. Except if you don't know this war thunder kind of has a thing where you can only bring in four bombers on your team, four big bombers like that. So we tried to snipe in all the bombers, but it didn't work. So we had a squad of four of us in the World War one bomber, and then we had like eight people. It was almost the whole team as well, but they were in whatever the reserve British biplane is, like the Fury Mark one or something like that. So we had like an improp to World War One kind of team where we had four of our World War One bombers escorted by like a metric ass load of these biplanes, and these guys were diving on us in like the early BF one on nines and stuff, and it was just chaos because they couldn't even out turn the bomber because it's just a it's made out of wooding canvas.
Speaker 3: Like things like the AT fifty one and everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a fantastic Like that's one reason I love going back down to like baby planes, because you get down there and you can make like a three sixty turn in two seconds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's hilarious.
Speaker 1: The speeds are slow, you've got enough to actually generate lyft and stay up, but you can turn on a dime.
Speaker 3: And everybody's shooting these peace shooters just like.
Speaker 1: Every plane has amazing handling, except they all have got like twenty two R guns on them.
Speaker 3: You got on like three thousand rounds and take anybody down.
Speaker 2: I was so much fun. I remember a moment where we're flying at like one hundred feet because we didn't have we didn't have the horsepower to climb back up. We had done our bombing run and we had all turned around to go back home, and we're flying at like one hundred feet, and I had his buddy next to me, who was flying like wingtip the wingtip in these World War One bombers. And a plane comes in from above us, and our poor single gunner on the nose with this single thirty cow was trying to shoot this guy down. And I look over at him, I'm like, get him. My gunner's dead or something, and then I just see the enemy plane just fly straight through him, just boom just takes out my teammate twenty feet off my wingtip just annihilates him. And then the plane came back for me and he like pulled up behind me to get shot on me and my single thirty guy, my thirty cow guy in the back pilot sniped the enemy plane like it was. It was great. Yeah, the moments like that's what makes warth underwarth Under, you know, like like that that's awes woar.
Speaker 3: Thunder has so much fun.
Speaker 1: It's easy for us to get into, like the the very true and nuanced conversations of the problems that the game has, but.
Speaker 3: It's still has so many of those quality moments that we can develop for ourselves.
Speaker 1: And at the end of the day, that's to me what I quantify as a good MMO. Can me, you and few others lo again right now and have a good time problems aside which all problems to be fixed. I hope nobody ever looks at this podcast goes, well, there's shells. They just love guides.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's but at the same time, there's value in finding the fun in a game because and it's not just this game, but for me being a content creator, professionally for several years now.
Speaker 3: I've noticed is all.
Speaker 1: These different games you'll go to, there's so many people who just aren't having fun, Like they might legitimately enjoy the concept of the game, but they've gotten so frustrated from it. I think it's important trying to draw people back, like, hey, why did you fall in love with war Thunder?
Speaker 3: And how can we get you there? Do you enjoy it again?
Speaker 1: Because there's nothing worse than playing a game but being miserable while you play it.
Speaker 3: And I've watched so many streamers do that.
Speaker 1: Like just slog through warth on you like you're clearly hating what you're doing right now.
Speaker 3: You gotta have those moments of timestimes.
Speaker 1: All you need to do is hear an example of you know, like gail Or rev and you can go replicate that yourself and be like.
Speaker 3: Man, I had a blast.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad I got out of You know what, I'm just normally grinding on because I'll tell you one thing about war th Under. You want something that I'll suck the life of you, do just the grind, Like make that your goal. Where all I'm gonna do is grind. Man, that takes the fun out of the game so much for me personally.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, So it's good to.
Speaker 1: Have these moments and know that if I change it up, man, I can I can get real excited again about the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think it's a good lesson. Yeuh, because I mean I was just expressing how before we started to podcast, how much I've felt even burnt out of warth on there recently, and it's it's exactly that. It's like I've been looking at the wrong way, you know, like when you when you see that when you sit out there and you play worth on there every day, even if you're not making content on it. For me, I finished every plane in the game again on Sunday or Sunday, every plane. I have every single one again, and I've got to the point where I don't even fly planes anymore, which is what I used to do all the time. I'm just trying.
Speaker 3: To do.
Speaker 2: And I'm just trying to grind out the tanks, and I'm like, yeah, I don't hate tanks. I don't. I don't mind it. You know, it is what it is. But yeah, you're exactly right. I think sometimes that's that's kind of issue with how worth Under is structured. It's like there is an infinite amount of stuff that you can do. But at the end of the day, the purpose of the game is to grind. And I think if you let the grind, like, if that's your sole focus, you're gonna find yourself really burn out. And sometimes you just got to take a couple of mental days just to do whatever you actually want to do and actually like just get your buddies on, or just even if you're playing by yourself, just go play something that you find fun. You know, even if you get nothing done, just go do what you enjoy.
Speaker 3: Sameless self plug.
Speaker 1: But between me and Gail, I think we stream every day but one day a week just between the two of us, and then you've got our only Snails group, which is a whole group of streamers of war Thunder. That's what I'm saying is we can find you somebody, like if you're out there like, well it's just me Rev and Gale.
Speaker 3: Nobody wants to play with me, Okay, cool, we'll play with you. Right, there's probably a reason nobody wants to play with you. But you know what, I'll play with you. Come out, calm up, bluff, come do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, we can find you somebody for sure. If you don't have anyone to play with and you're listening to this podcast, oh we can find you somebody. I got one hundred and fifty streamers with all their viewers will find you somebody to play with for sure. Yeah, I mean that definitely helps a lot. Playing worth under alone unless you have a good Netflix show to put on or something, can be really dreadful sometimes. Yet I understand that for sure, and like you said.
Speaker 1: Especially if you get caught in that grind mentality, which and I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that. Like for me when I when I first got into the airside of this game, my favorite World War two jet or World War two.
Speaker 3: Playing period is the measuresment two sixty two.
Speaker 1: And while that in me two two might not be the best best playing in war Thunder, because it's.
Speaker 3: Not, it was still a big goal for me. It was fun.
Speaker 1: But even during that grind, it's you know how many times you have to play it BF one or nine, how many times? You know, it's good to break up the monotony, do something just a little bit different, And even for me recently, that's just been you know what, heck it, let's just go jump over to the British faction I've talked so much trash about and play it to have a different experience and you might find you like something, right. And I found out through that that because early on in Ground, I just really to a degree trashed the British stuff because the shots are terrible, the actual AMMO that is early shot is bad.
Speaker 3: Until I found instances where.
Speaker 1: I'm like, really really would like to play British, which is every time a daily task says you need to get a critical I immediately go guess where I'm playing it out right, So like those opportunities can sometimes end up becoming that pathway you needed to find something in the game you.
Speaker 3: Didn't know, right.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's good to try things out and just focus on the fun.
Speaker 3: You'll be surprised when it opens up for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure. Yeah, one hundred pcent agree with that. And I think it is that time of the year where everyone is super super busy. We got people graduating whatever they're doing, you know, people graduating high school, college, people just you know, finishing their school year. We got people, you know, the busiest time of the year for most businesses is early summer. So is that time of the year where and also warth Under isn't really coming out with major updates that really get people going and bring you back right now, at least it's not more important than some people's real life things going on. So it is that time of the year where it's very easy to well, I need to get on and play warth Under because I have premium and I don't want to waste my money because I bought premium during the premium sale, you know. And I'm just getting on and I'm grinding, and they're doing esports tournaments every freaking week, and you know, everyone's trying extra hard because they think it's that's the only way to play worth Under is to be sweaty. And then now it makes especially if you lay on the weekends like I do. Like all the people are on. Everyone's trying to get as much grinding as they've done can done, and it's very easy to get burnt out right now. And I think it's it's nice to remember that this game has been going for nearly a decade and a half. If you take a week off your grind to go enjoy yourself you know, put the grind down, do what you enjoy. It's not gonna hurt anything. The game is not going anywhere. There are always gonna be people that are at your pr It's not like you're gonna get left behind, you know. So I agree with that completely. Yeah, take your time, enjoy the game. Do do interesting things with your buddies, do cool wagers, you know, challenge yourself to do interesting stuff. You know, put the grind down every now and then. It's I think that's a good good insight of the week there, John briv.
Speaker 3: And further insights. Guess what you're getting, ladies and gentlemen. You've got to hear this. You thought the B and PD was great. You thought the Terminator dominated?
Speaker 1: Wait do you see this latest premium Puma which will not be better than I was?
Speaker 2: Like, it's like, where you're going with this?
Speaker 3: Say, where's he going with this?
Speaker 1: Hey, if you're out there and you start dominating terminators with this Puma, send us.
Speaker 2: If you guys didn't coming out, Yeah, if you guys didn't see a new dead block came out today, which is a new premium Puma, which whoop, whoop, it's a Puma. You know, it's a copy and paste. I think it's identical to the Puma that's already in More Thunder. And we're talking the top tier Puma. We're not talking the six wheel or the eight wheel drive fourteen. Yeah, we're talking rank eight or sorry, rank seven German Puma. It's I think it's identical copy paste than the normal Puma. However, this is going down the trend of Guidge and lately where they add copy paste vehicles, but one looks cooler. So this Puma, I don't know if it looks cooler.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, don't you start.
Speaker 2: Those.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: It's covered in palettes. It looks like you threw this thing into Mad Max for some reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's got some camo nets and canvas rags and stuff hanging on like they're dirty. Soide.
Speaker 1: But to me, you correct me if I'm wrong. This Puma is the exact same thing they did with the Tigers last year. Or they had the Tiger West and everything for Tigers with.
Speaker 3: Awesome skins, and yes I bought them. Okay, call me what you will, yeah, but that's what this is.
Speaker 1: If you've got the standard tech Tree Puma, you've got the same Puma. This is essentially a bonus cosmetic Puma that is with.
Speaker 3: It for you to purchase. You decide for yourself.
Speaker 1: It's the same thirty millimeters cannon, same coax with the five five six. I don't believe there's a difference in the armor profile. It has the same rangefinder everything.
Speaker 2: I believe it looks. Yeah, it's got toe missiles and stuff like that, but I think it's identical. Uh. I don't know. I'm gonna call it dirty sock Puma because the more I'm staring at it all it's got palettes just straighted. It's like you drove this thing into a Walmart warehouse and you just decided that pallettes were good armor, and you just started strapping pallets on the side and then throw a cameo net on and then all the crew just hung their dirty laundry on the side of the pallets. I don't understand what that's about. I don't even know what guid that's trying to do there, Like it's it's legit. They're they're dirty laundry hanging on the side, so it's like close it's the clothesline Puma, And I don't know.
Speaker 1: The theory would be, is there use a lot of these different changes, especially later stuff they're basing off the war going on in East Europe right now where they cover these vehicles with everything, simply because if you can create any level of separation between primary armor and detonation and increases survivability. Obviously you're not stopping penetration with these, but you're trying to stop, you know, anything that would set off a fuse before it actually touches the armor profile. Look, do I think it's gonna make a difference in game. No, That's why we're being honest and tell you it's a reskinned premium. But at the same time, if you play that br and you want to have multiple versions of something like this, ifb in your run, now will be your opportunity to have it. I will admit I'm a little bit of a sucker for cosmetics, but also at the same time, for me, it always comes down to price point, because if you sell me a cosmetic vehicle, which essentially what you did with like the Tigers, and you put a price point like one hundred or eighty bucks, I'm not interested. Put a price point lower, then maybe I am interested.
Speaker 3: So It's another thing. If you're a Puma fan, here you go.
Speaker 2: And I'm actually kind of curious if what the armor value of the palettes, if they'll have any, will be. I wonder if it'll be like the the the log armor that's on the earlier tanks, or if those pallettes are just gonna not have armor value at all, because sometimes those.
Speaker 3: Say it, don't.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're purposely leaving it out when we talk about the logs on the early tanks, talk about the logs and all the Russian tankstylenium, then nobody can debate.
Speaker 2: That's what I was trying to say nicely. Yeah, I wonder if it'll be as effective as some of those Russian logs tend to be for no reason we'll see. I doubt it, but who knows it. It does look like it has. It does have its heat shield below the pallets too, So if anything, maybe the pallets are visual armor where someone might accidentally shoot your heat shield or your heat cage that's below the palette because I can't see it. Maybe I don't know. It's interesting it does come. If you do buy this pack, just know it. If you're in the US, it's seventy dollars for a Rank seven German premium, but you also get a premium account for twenty days. You'll get twenty five hundred GOE, you'll get a unique title called the spear Our Spearhead Force, and you'll get a unique decal for the coat of arms of the Allied Joint Force Command in runsome I think that's German. I don't know, but there you go. They didn't now that it is what it is. It's another it's a copy and paste. I prefer they add premiums like this that look cool over ones that are overpowered.
Speaker 1: So you know, I would agree with that.
Speaker 2: I'm okay with it.
Speaker 1: That's such a difficult conversation to have because I understand, like, hey, we're gonna spend money on the game, you want to get quality for it. But the inverse of that is that means that every time there rese a premium, you.
Speaker 3: Know that's the meta and we don't want that game either.
Speaker 1: So for anybody that gets out there and goes man, how would you ever spend seventy bucks for a cosmetic because supporting the cosmetic version is what keeps away the We're going to make a super Puma that if you don't why, you're the worst at your br right now, you know, so just saying like the next Puma could have a nuclear.
Speaker 3: Missile on it. Pah, how about that? Fomo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'm gonna throw a curveball at you, Rev And I sent you a DM that I did not tell you. We're going to talk about this beforehand. But there have been leaks for other premiums that might be coming out this update, and you guys are gonna love it. It's gonna be great. There's gonna be there's gonna be more anime tanks coming out that they haven't announced yet. These have been leaked out of the data minds, so they might not actually be coming, but I would say they probably are coming. Everyone loves their anime pillows, their anime tanks. It looks like we're gonna get a Challenger two and.
Speaker 3: It's three eleven seven, three three of them.
Speaker 2: Oh there is three. I didn't even see the third one.
Speaker 1: Three one, a Russian one in a Japanese one, all eleven seven all based on the sin Rai Maidens.
Speaker 2: Yeap So a Challenger to tes anime tank, a type ninety anime tank for Japan, and then a Chinese NBT two thousand anime tank. It's Chinese. Yeah, Rush already has the T eight so yeah, so a Challenger a Type ninety and an MBT for two. We'll see how that goes. I mean people are gonna buy them. I wonder if they're gonna add more anime pillows because last time you could get anime pillows of your maiden on your tank. So we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 3: I'll say this anime.
Speaker 1: Tanks obviously not a curve ball, because I'd read up on it already, but I will say I will never yuck somebody's jump personally.
Speaker 3: Will you ever catch Rev with a wee, you know, anime girl pillow on his tank or something. No, that's not me.
Speaker 1: And I say this as somebody if y'all don't know, I'm a massive anime fan, I am. I'm a huge nerd millennial. I grew up with anime. I love anime. I just don't want anime on my tanks. But if you're out there and you enjoy it and you're gonna give them money for it, thank you for supporting the game to not spend, Yeah.
Speaker 3: You'll be absolutely not up my alley.
Speaker 2: And I think they'll be eighty dollars. I think the last three anime tanks. Correct me if I'm wrong. It's been a year since they came out. At least it's something I think they were like eighty.
Speaker 1: It's not something I remember, but again it's it's not something I would spend on like you. You're able to get me to buy the Greek Spitfire before I'll buy Anime Girl tank. But again that's just a personal thing. It was another was it the European Canadian? I think I was listening to he was talking about it, and it just the truth of it is, this game has a massive core demographic of people who love things like anime, and as a company, you would be pretty remiss and silly to just ignore those people throwing their money at you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So it's a very Eastern European thing too, like the whole anime culture. It's very popular in Eastern Europe. So it makes sense.
Speaker 3: Like Apple watches and.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows that reference.
Speaker 3: Inside jokes message.
Speaker 2: I think it ties in well to the Puma discussion. The anime tanks were copy and pasted from the tech Tree or premium versions that they were whatever they're gonna be, they're gonna be the same as the Challenger to the Type ninety and the NBT that you're used toe skin. Yeah, but what's unique about the anime tanks because I have all three anime tanks guyde and gave them to me to try to go sell them. I didn't have the shame to ever use it. But I do have the other three, and there is a version that's super anime and there's one that's not. So there is a you can't put the skin on supp look at me like that. There, You're actually a very very handsome donkey. You're probably one of the most handsome donkeys I've ever seen. That's the truth. There's a skin on that you can change to where it might look it looks different than the tech Tree. It might have an interesting like like decoration on it, but it does look like a normal tank. So it is a good entry level, top tier tank, just like the other three. There was already an Abrams and a T eighty and a Leopard I believe were the other three anime tanks. So it's a good entry level premium So I'm sure they'll be coming this update. If they're in if they're being data mined in the stack cards, how already been made. It looks like like they already have the picture and everything made for the stack card. That means we'll probably see them be announced probably this week or next week would be my guess. So expect three more anime tanks, which means more low tier players at high tier br So you either love that or you hate it. I remember when the anime tanks came out, everybody was just complaining because top tier was just infested with your whole team being level fours who bought the anime tanks, you know, So that'll probably be a thing that we'll hear about. The Puma's gonna.
Speaker 1: Do this, So sorry, players, that's such a silly thing to gripe about. Like can we not just gripe for the sake of griping?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sorry, Yeah, like let let.
Speaker 3: People play in the freaking game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean wourth. Then there's just one of those things where it doesn't matter what they add, people are gonna complay and it's just kind of it's it's the whole.
Speaker 3: We'll say this, you're not going to get me on these three guys.
Speaker 1: And but if you make like a lamboyant peak girl's umpanza.
Speaker 3: Full on skin the anime. You might get me there.
Speaker 2: Maybev Rev doesn't like the anime. He'd be down for.
Speaker 1: Like saying, if you want to do anime, let's just go full on completely.
Speaker 2: Rev wants a partnership with Sidney Sweeney or something. He'd buy that one for sure. Yeah, I don't know. People complain just to complain. But there's a bunch of new stuff. We're getting to that point of the month, the end of May. There is an update coming out soon, so hopefully you guys are excited to see some of the new stuff coming out, or just excited that they are starting to announce new stuff. The dead period of the year is like slowly fading away. We're gonna start getting cool stuff, and then towards the end of summer is really when we start getting those like three or four updates back to back to back, and it really starts ramping up to the holiday season. So hey, at least we're getting new stuff. I've not seen anything yet that's like, Guidge, and what are you thinking. It's just like, yeah, it's about what you would expect from the summer update. So I'm happy with it. I don't think I'll buy the anime tanks, but if the Snail wants to slide them into my inbox, that's okay with me. Rev doesn't want them at all.
Speaker 1: Those are the keeping count. That's four tanks and a plane and no boats. Y'all can stop whining.
Speaker 2: Yeah, next week they'll anounce that they're taking Navel out, so it'll be okay. So oh my, I.
Speaker 3: Have multiple players who would quit playing warth.
Speaker 2: On you believe it or not if they yeah.
Speaker 3: Same time, Please please guide and make it better, make it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I've actually been looking at my discount code redemptions lately. I don't know how often you look at that. When people use your discount code, it tells you, doesn't tell you obviously who, but tells you what they got. I mean during the sale, like thirty people bought premium boats with my discount code, and I'm like, damn, there might be a lot more people that actually played Naval than I thought.
Speaker 1: You know, I try to tell people that, but I get told like, nowhere crazy, everybody just plays high tier air, Like no, we're everywhere, just you know, is it? Midtally the worst of the three game modes. I think that's the only part we don't deny. It's like you recognize us. We're just not trying to say the Naval's great. We're just saying recognize us.
Speaker 3: We exist.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean women, there are four game modes. If you want to throw Helly PV in there, I'd rather play Naval. You know, Helly PV.
Speaker 3: What's the reason I said there's three games?
Speaker 2: We don't even talk as.
Speaker 1: Made that comment earlier. You talk about grinding through the entire ground tree, Like, well.
Speaker 3: What's next, buddy? You gotta either do helicopters of Naval.
Speaker 2: What do you got? I don't know. I'll go play Fortnite or something after we get tanks.
Speaker 3: Just start streaming all the Jedi Survivor games.
Speaker 2: You leave my Jedi games alone. Yeah?
Speaker 3: You no more patchy here? Straight? Have you done the dark side play through of the I Run yet?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Or have you only done light side playing through?
Speaker 2: I don't think you can really go dark side in those Jedi games. The old ones you can for sure, like the Old Knights republics. Oh. I mean, cal Cassis is a bad Jedi, don't get me wrong. Yesterday, I just cut some dude's arm off just because he set a certain your dominance. He's not a good guy for sure, But I don't know. I don't think there's a certain way to play it. The old Jedi, he.
Speaker 3: Cut somebody's arm off, you told him to do that.
Speaker 2: But yes, speaking of game modes, just a reminder something to expect for June. They did say the infantry should be coming back for the June I think is what they said after the major update or yeah, another clothes bait or something like that. So we will see another infantry test, probably within the next month or so, so keep that in mind. They're usually drop it right in the middle of a major halliday where people are busy. They love to do that a lot. But so we'll see fourth of July probably, Yeah, infantry test. Don't go barbecue, stay home and play infantry. I would imagine something like that. But it's interesting. I'm interested. I'm excited new stuff coming out and new nice dev blogs, fancy animations, premiums that people will spend money on. So I'm okay with it.
Speaker 3: More importantly, fun experience.
Speaker 2: Exactly, And if you want to go make free money and play with a squad this week, go play with Revduce, Go play some arcade, fly some Wingman stuff, get some best squad wagers, go hang out with Rev. If you want a good experience, take a break. That's our advice for the streap. For the streap, that's our advice for the podcast. Take your time this week to just enjoy the game. Do what you like. Take a break from grinding. Grinding sucks. Everyone's feeling it right now. If you're not having fun, take a break, do what you enjoy, play something that you like, you know, play a different game mode, play a low br just enjoy yourself this week. That's that's my advice. It's the summer, it's a struffled time to year. Put the grind down. It's not going anywhere. The grind's just only gonna get worse later this year, So take your time. That's my advice for the day. REVV Final thoughts.
Speaker 1: One thing that I say a lot to the other games that I've made content for, I'll say it to the war th Under community. Remember you can never fall behind in war th Under because you can never catch up. By the nature of these games, there will always be something new coming. There's always gonna be something that releases, so you are never falling behind. You're equally in the same spot always, So don't worry if you haven't gotten to that fifteen that you want so bad.
Speaker 3: You'll get there. Make sure you're having fun, long on the process.
Speaker 2: There you go. Quote of the day don't don't force yourself to grind. Rev says you'll never fall behind because you'll never catch up. I don't know if that's depressing or helpful.
Speaker 3: Half empty, but let's just be real.
Speaker 1: We would we rather war Thunder came out with new stuff or not. I think most of us would rather they're continually coming out new stuff. We might disagree on what that is, like how much we like it or not. We want them to keep doing that well. By nature, we then have to that the grind never stops.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're going.
Speaker 1: It's like you you were bragging when we started this podcast. You had finished air. Guess what you had to go do. Go refinish the air.
Speaker 2: Don't ecuse me be a bragging It's a sore subject. Dude. Geez man, God, dude, what you are Australian now, dude, Jesus, Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: We do appreciate y'all for watching as always, thank you so much for tuning in to the war Thunder Thunder Buddies podcast, whether you do it on iTunes, Spotify, our art radio, the YouTube's or even if you came by the stream, we appreciate you. Hope y'all are having a great week and slash weekend depending on when you're listening to this and if there's any topics you'd like to talk about feel like we've missed on things. Even if you disagree with us, or if you want to call us just a bunch of weirdos, please do in.
Speaker 3: The comments section below. We appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you guys for listening. And we're almost the two hundred subscribers, so thank you guys so much, and all the comments too, So we appreciate you guys and all the listeners who might go a little bit unnoticed on the other platforms, like Rev said, like all the audio platforms. Thank you guys so much too, So we appreciate you guys. We'll be back next week. Last week we promised you a guest. I'm not gonna do that this week. There might be a guest there next week. Are my honest? My fault?
Speaker 3: The plan guests had a honey do list to go.
Speaker 2: Okay, Thank you guys for listening to episode eight of the thunder Buddies podcast. We will see you guys next week for another episode and maybe a special episode coming who knows, but we'll see you guys next week. Thank you guys for being here, Thank you guys for listening, and take a break from the grind. We'll see you guys next week. Thank guys for listening. Until next time.
Speaker 3: You said all those things like fob tops, just hit the stop.
Speaker 2: Be appreciative of the viewers.
Speaker 3: Rev.
Speaker 2: Damn dude, God