Speaker 1: Big Food and Beyond with Cliff and Bubo.
Speaker 2: These guys are your favorites, so like to subscribe and raid it live Stary and me.
Speaker 3: Righteous go on yes today and listening watching Lin always keep its watching. And now you're hosts Cliff Barrickman and James boogle Fay.
Speaker 4: All right, Well that brings us to our guests this evening. We are blessed with getting the man himself, the king of the big Foot podcast, Wes Germer from Sasquatch Chronicles. He's been a huge help to us. He's helped us get our show off the ground and give us advice and just super generous this time and knowledge. And again he's coming with you for us beat on the show today, So welcome to Wes.
Speaker 1: Welcome Wes. Hey, guys, thanks for having me on. I really appreciate it all pleasure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you for coming on. It's been a long time coming between our schedules and your schedule to finally have you on as a guest, and we're just thrilled about it.
Speaker 1: So thank you. Yeah. First things first, Cliff, how's my dog doing?
Speaker 2: Our dog is doing fine? Yeah, did I talk about that on the podcast? Who our listeners know, Yeah, West fell in love with Sochi, and I mean, who I mean to know Sochi is to love her.
Speaker 4: So that's how you can.
Speaker 2: You can always tell if somebody knows has ever met her because they love her.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, she's doing great. She's she's I say it all the time, but I wish they could be old dogs longer. She's just perfect. She lays around all the time, super Stoked needs super Stoked to go outside for the smallest of walks. She's absolutely fantastic. She asked about you too, so whatever that's worth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's easy to fall in love with, that's for sure. And it's so cool that you guys. You know, I really like your guys' podcast because it's so different. You know, sometimes you guys tackle different subjects. Sometimes you guys have guests on. I like the Variety and the show. And you know, even with my show being Sessquatch Chronicles, amlingly interview eyewitnesses, and I don't think I'd quite have the show if it weren't for you guys doing finding Bigfoot, you know, with the whole I know, you guys get a crap for finding Bigfoot, but really it was the start of bringing eyewitnesses forward, you guys going out doing the investigations. You guys really were the first ones to start that. Well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I m'd be giving us a little bit too much credit, but we certainly did bring it to the public. I think put it into the public scrutiny for a little while. And you know, it's surprising we don't get as much crap as you would think for finding Bigfoot. Some of the Bigfooters like to flick poop at us, you know, but I mean that's because they weren't on TV. You know, they don't get it, and there were some hokey things about it and stuff. I totally get that for the most part. But by and large, you know, the show and I don't think any of us as cast members on Finding Bigfoot really understood this right at least at first, you know, it sank and eventually Bigfooters were not the target audience, you know, the target audience or the general public who doesn't know anything about it and kind of introducing them to this whole thing. Bigfooters all have an opinion, but they also all have buttholes and they all stink too, So like it doesn't matter what they say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so true. You know, it's kind of curious. One thing I wanted to ask all three of you, Matt, Bobo, and Cliff.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, who's only interviewing here?
Speaker 4: Buddy?
Speaker 2: Whose show is this?
Speaker 1: Anyway? I apologize, you're right.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, I'm just totally kidding you. Go ahead. That's a great thing about interviewing podcasters is because it's a real legit conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah. One of the things I was really curious on your guys' opinion on is you know, a lot of times when people encounter these creatures, they'll talk about the force going quiet, dead, silent. It feels very unnatural. Like when I've experienced it, it felt weird.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I had a witness one time to describe it like being underwater or going underwater, you know that sort of thing, or like a switch. It's like the forest takes a deep breath and just goes quiet, and it's usually right before they see the creature or while they're seeing the creature, everything goes silent. And to me, I mean, you know, I've had researchers go, well, you know, anytime there's a big predator in the area your pray is going to be quiet, and that's true to an extent, But the bugs don't shut off. The crickets don't shut off. What's your guys' take on the forest just going quiet.
Speaker 4: I think I think most of the times just the forest does go quiet. But when you get that like or that underwater for things, like where you get like in your in your hair goes up. Because I mean, I've been in the forest tons of times when it goes quiet, my hair doesn't stand up. But I've had those ones where it does go up and and everything goes dead quiet. You feel like you're, like you said, like that underwater feeling kind of. I think that's they're infrastounding us, and like the infrastund shuts everything down, is what I think. But I'm sure Cliff and metelhouse some kind of scientif an exploation for that is not that, But that's my take.
Speaker 2: See, the thing is, I've encountered sasquatches where it's been very like a loud forest with tons of life and things moving and chittering and crackling, and there's been bigfoots around. But I've also encountered them in the deadliest of quiet situations, So I don't think there's a pattern. Personally, I don't see one being predominant. I see that in the good spooky stories people say the forest went quiet, and then something dramatic happened. I think there's a pattern in human storytelling. But as far as I can tell with sasquatches, and I've been around them fair amount, you know, in my opinion, maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I have. I don't think there's a pattern as far as that sort of thing goes. If people do describe that sort of thing, especially with some sort of kind of a murky or a fuzzy description of some other sensory input or response, I would agree with Bobo that is probably infrasonic, because as doctor Krantz even noted in his book that many people note the feeling of being watched even before they observed the sasquatch that they later found out was in the area. So I do think that infrasound is the most likely culprit, so to speak, of all the weird spooky stuff that may or may not even happen around sasquatches, but are certainly prevalent in the stories.
Speaker 4: To Cliff's point.
Speaker 3: You know, a number of the experiences that I've had were in noisy forests, Like the first encounter that I had there was a number of cicada sounds and tree frogs, like the forest was pretty loud, And I've had other experiences of that nature in other parts of the country and then again in quiet forests. But I don't think any blanket explanation could cover all of the stories of the experiences. But I think one really important insight that I had gained from studying a number of other disciplines was that when something novel emerges, and especially if it's something novel and threatening, you know, we have a hardwired response that's called the orienting reflex, where essentially you involuntarily direct all your attention to the novel thing that's emerged. So in those cases, all of your cognitive resources get devoted to this myopic tunnel vision assessment of the novel or the threat. And so you'll see this phenomenon in people too that have other frightening, threatening encounters. For example, like if you've ever been driving down the road and someone swerves into your lane and you think you're about to get hit head on, and people will report the absolute disappearance of all other sensory information. And so in retrospect it's like, well, you know that there was a song on the radio, or you were listening to a podcast or this or that. But you know, I've asked many people like you ever had that experience, and they'll say, yes, I'm big what song was on the radio? And they're like, oh, I have no idea because it's not committed to memory. It's deemed immediately irrelevant by your cognitive systems, almost like neurobiologically, and so in memory, it's as if there was nothing on the radio. And so I think there's a large number of these cases, not all of them. I'm not trying to explain them all away, but I think for a number of people going about their business and what they perceived to be sort of explored territory, and then this novel, frightening thing emerges and they direct all their focus and attention to it, again involuntarily, it's against their will. They have no agency in that. In those systems being activated in memory, they're thinking like there was an absence of forest sounds where they may not have been. It's just that none of those were experienced and therefore none of those were committed to memory. So I think that constitutes a large number of those cases. And there are, to your point, like a handful where people say like they observed first that the forest went silent, and then observed something. But in all the people I've interviewed, that tends to be on the rarer side. Most people just have this frightening, shocking experience and then you know, describe like the absence of sounds and all very often like, well when did you notice the absence of sounds? And oftentimes it's like during the event or in the recollection of the event. So I think that constitutes a big portion of it, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that does.
Speaker 2: What do you think, West?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think there's something else going on there, because it's so odd if you've ever experienced it, the forest just going silent. But there might be something to Matt's point, you know, I was in a major car accident and I can't remember the sound of the crash. I can remember what it felt like hitting the windshield, I can remember pain, but I I can't say that I remember any sounds going on. It seems like everything just kind of slowed down. In that car accident to where I. You know, you would think I would hear the crash, but I really don't remember hearing the crash. Is it like fear, do you think, Matt? Is that what you're saying is it's your brain chutting down the things you don't need at that moment.
Speaker 3: I think fear is a component, know of it. But if you the way I laid it out in the book is like a cascade of these system failures. You know that car normal baseline operating systems, and that number one, you're in a place that you consider to be implicitly like explored territory. So you know, if someone were to send you to a habitable earth like planet that no human had ever gone to, you would know that like, oh, man, I might encounter some life form that no one's ever seen, Like you'd have some preparation, you'd be you'd have that as part of your perceptual system. People just don't feel that way when they're in Kentucky or northern California or you know, Utah or something like that. And so when something like that emerges, it's shocking because it is completely unknown, it's totally novel, and so that's the sort of first shock, and the immediate response in the face of novelty is the orienting reflex, coupled with the involuntary freezing response, which is called tonic immobility, and so you know, you're basically paralyzed involuntarily. That's conserved across all primates, but especially humans, great aps, et cetera. And then one of the first things that we try to do is map the anomaly, which is sort of like a categorization exercise. And as you know, like these things when you talk to witnesses, this blurs the lines of so many categories that most people will say, like they spent those seconds cognitively going what am I looking at? Like it's kind of like a person, and it's nothing like a person. It's kind of like a bear. It's nothing like a bear, kind of like an animal, it's nothing like an animal. And so they're unable to map the anomaly, so to speak, and so that creates a sort of cognitive shock that's simultaneous with the physiological shock, you know, the thing that's instantiated in your body. And then on top of all those things, you have the basic predator prayer response, because there's no older fear than the fear of like the large intimidating animal, the thing that's bigger than us. You know, we're all here because our ancestors successfully navigated that at least long enough to reproduce, right, And so I think it's a host of things novelty, you know, the unknown in the form of a large intimidating animal that's very difficult to categorize without a lot of prior exposure. So you know, if you studied sasquatch your whole life and you went into the forest hoping or expecting to see one, you might have a different response versus as you know, because I listen to your podcast and you'll say, like, what do you think about this, and the vast majority of your interviewees say like, oh, I thought it was all nonsense until I saw it, or yeah, I heard stories, but I never took it seriously, and so bam, you have these multiple systems like failing all at once.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like if your body goes in a freezing you know, you start shutting down part like your body like takes all the heats of the core.
Speaker 3: Well, I think a big part of what people describe that they frame as mystical, metaphysical, paranormal. Are these physiological and cognitive responses, and so they're not lying when they say the sasquatch paralyzed me. And you'll find those same beliefs associated with a host of other animals around the world, and it's it's true. It's just that the animals not generating something that paralyzes you like it's happening within the human observer, but because you're powerless to it, it does feel like it's being imposed upon you. So I think that explains a lot of it, not all of it. I'm not trying to write everything off, but I think that's a way to bridge the gap between acknowledging that people are really genuinely having these experiences that people want to write off as oh, that's just paranormal, therefore it's a lie. It's like, no, there's a perfectly normal explanation that says, like, these animals can't exist and these experiences are real, devoid of a metaphysical explanation.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo will be right back after these messages. So three to six months doesn't seem like a long time right in bigfoot Land. It's not very long because we've been looking for sasquatches for decades and decades and decades. But when you think about what can happen in three to six months? But what would you do in three to six months? I'm going to give me six months go squatching squad of course, of course, And how much do you think is going to get done during that time? In squatching you're gonna see one in six months? Probably not, But in three to six months, what you can see if you're not going to see a sasquatch, is thicker, fuller hair regrown from Hymns our sponsor, Hymns. Not bad for just three to six months.
Speaker 4: What if you start using Hymns now in six months, just imagine that thick, full crop up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Hymns will give you a convenient access to a range of hair loss treatments that work all from the comfort of your couch.
Speaker 4: They make it pretty simple, man. They use real doctors. It's clinically proven ingredients on the use like finesteride and monoxaville.
Speaker 2: And I love that I had no doctor visits because, first of all, doctors who wants to go see a doctor. Nothing personal doctors. But also you make an appointment now you get in August or something forget that. So this process is simple and one online, and I know you have access to the internet because you're listening to us right now.
Speaker 4: You can pick how you want to do it, like chewables, oral spray, serum, treatments, whatever, whatever you want. I mean, they can work with you in customersage, with your preferences.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it could be a one time thing, it could be ongoing care. No insurance is needed at all, and it's all at one low price and that covers everything from these treatments to the ongoing care if you so choose.
Speaker 4: Well, nonway. I said. The proofson the pudding, and there's hundreds of thousands of subscribers that trust it and give it positive reviews. So there you go.
Speaker 2: There's your pudding, thick hairy pudding. Search your free online visit today at hymns dot com slash beyond.
Speaker 4: That's hi ms dot com slash beyond for your personalized hair loss treatment options.
Speaker 2: Hymns dot Com slash beyond results vary based on studies of topical and oral monoxidal and finasteride prescription products required an online consultation with a healthcare provider who will determine if prescription is appropriate.
Speaker 3: Restrictions apply. See website for full details and important safety information.
Speaker 4: Well tigers have them for sound, because you always say, like, how tigers have that attributed to him? And that could be why people say, like it froze me? Is the inver sound hit them? I think that's on the table. I just don't think we necessarily have to reach for that. When you can show examples of like devoid of the animal generating any sounds or pheromones whatsoever, people will absolutely have those same responses and they go into dissociative states. If you listen to enough interviews with people with grizzly bear encounters, especially people who are attacked very often, it's because they spook to grizzly at close range, and one of the first things they go into, especially if they're not a woodsman, like not a grizzly hunter or somebody with a lot of experience, they immediately go into cognitive shock and a dissociative state and tonic immobility and bammed. Then the attack happens, and you know, grizzly bears aren't generating some force that's compelling the person to respond that way. It's just the normative human response.
Speaker 2: Grizzlies are just dicks, Yeah, and it can be I did this were bringing up a couple points real fast. Its number one. A couple summers ago, somebody came into the North American big Foot Center and was talking about how he accidentally surprised a grizzly bear. I forget it's in glacier or somewhere like that. It comes around a corner and there's a grizzly bear right there, ten feet from him, fifteen feet from him, like entirely too close. And I thought it was interesting because he said right away a voice came into my head said you need to get out of here now. And I always bring that up with people who claimed telepathic communication with sasquatches. Is that are we to believe that grizzlies can do this as well? Because that happened to that man. I thought, I always think that that's really interesting as far as some of the stuff that you're talking about there, Matt. But also back to the original thing about noises and no noises and stuff of it's not exactly it's not exactly in response to the question necessarily, but I do think it's worth pointing out that number one when we were on Finding Bigfoot, and you know, I learned a lot about finding sasquatches on the show, of course, because Moneymaker is very good at it. You know, I will say that till the day I die. You can talk whatever smack you want about the show or mat or anybody else, but Matt Moneymaker is one of the best in the world and actually finding where sasquatches are. And one of the things I learned from him is always you know, it didn't take long to figure it out. A lot of this stuff out, of course, but always look for where all the animals are, because the forest, just like the ocean, is largely empty.
Speaker 4: Honestly.
Speaker 2: You know, when I was when I was fishing in southern California, it was always ninety percent of the fish living ten percent of the ocean, and that's I believe that's approximately true with the forest as well. So you're always looking for where there is the most animal life. So the loudest place, you know, the place for the animals are crunching around doing their thing and moving and making noises and all that owls we always use owls as an indicator species because if owls are in the area, that means the rodents are in the area, and then the food chain continues from there, right So, And I'm not sure which way to go in this either because at the same time, on the other side of the coin, the very coin I'm talking about right now, I have found that some of the best sasquatch spots are places where it's deadly quiet all the time. So it's a little bit of both as far as noises in the woods. And I know that's not in direct response what you're saying, Wes, but I do find that there's a certain dichotomy here.
Speaker 4: There's a certain.
Speaker 2: Complication in the noise no noise sort of thing as well, because you do find sasquatches where all the animals are, generally speaking, but within those zones where the animals are moving, because that's where the food happens to be at the time. If you can find the quietest spots in there, that's likely where the sasquatches are going to be, because I think that a great deal of their observation of the woods themselves is not a visual observation. I mean, it's nighttime, for example, and you know the forest is thick, you can't you just can't see very far. I think that the vast majority of their observation of their environment, of the animals, including humans in their environment, is by listening, and therefore I think that they gravitate towards those really quiet places so they can tell if something comes in or out very easily.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Interesting, I'll see. My next question is where do you see yourself in five years?
Speaker 4: What's your take?
Speaker 2: Was?
Speaker 1: What's my take? Bobo? I don't know. You know, I've experienced it, and I think there's something weird to it. I think you could be onto something with the infrasound. I can't disagree with any of your guys's opinions though, I mean, all of you guys could be onto something. It's just weird how everything. Again, you you would anticipate things going quiet, but things like crickets and the insects just don't shut off. And people report that, they'll say everything went quiet, even the cricket shut up. And it makes me wonder sometimes. And you know, you might be right, Bobo. With the infrasound, it's really hard to say it's that. And I've always been fascinated with when people say that feeling of being watched, and you know, I don't. I'm not saying that's anything paranormal. But I interviewed Rocky Elmore, who's a border patrol age, and he told me what they would do is they would sit on the side of a path in the bushes and they would hear the people coming through on the path. And it's funny, because well it's not funny. It's interesting that the government actually has instructions on not to look at the people as they pass by, so they're trained to actually look at the ground as the people are going by. And I asked Rocky why, and he goes, because people know when they're being watched. They absolutely know when they're being watched, and a lot of times they'll look in the direction of them being watched. And so I've been fascinated with that since too as well. I'm kind of getting off track, but.
Speaker 2: No, I agree with you there. I tell a story when I was living back in Long Beach. I remember I was at a place in line for a burrito or something, which is where I tend to be oftentimes, but I remember getting a weird feeling and I turned around and there was some guy, you know, like mad doging me from across the rooms. Like I don't know what I did, but I wasn't even facing his direction, you know, when I kind of like felt compelled to turn around and see what was going on behind me because I felt something, I just didn't know what it was. And they go, oh, the why is that guy staring at me? And then it kind of occurred to me.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, not.
Speaker 2: Odd that I kind of felt that or sensed that in some sort of way.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Rupert Childric, I believe his book is called The Sense of Being Stared At is probably the most prominent researcher who's done a lot of work into that subject. You know, it's interesting, like I've experienced. I can't recall a memory involving insects, but like many times because I'm out in the summertime a lot, and you have a lot of tree frogs and frogs and all the pools of collected water on roadbeds or just anywhere on the ground, and there's been like plenty of times that I've been walking through a loud forest and I've made a noise, whether I'm like stepping on a stick that breaks or something like that in the dark, and all the frogs go quiet, and like the proximal ones start first, and then it's like this wave of silence that extends out beyond you. Like the frogs at the distance maybe they didn't hear the stick break, but they heard the other frogs go quiet, and so they go quiet too. That that might occur in some of these cases where proximal to the sasquatch moving or being seen, like critters go quiet and then it just extends out as other critters noticed the silence, and there's got to be some beneficial adaptation of like, well they go quiet involuntarily for like self preservation, and so it'd be good for all of your species if you notice that your your buddies are setting up that like, oh, I better shut up too because something's coming, you know. So there might be something to that. At least maybe that extends to insects or birds as well.
Speaker 4: Who knows. We know that. I mean everyone's heard that where the frogs shut off, like you know, like it spreads out and all that. I mean, that's normal.
Speaker 1: I actually had an eyewitness one time. He was in his tent. He was camping, and I'll make the long story really really short. But he was sitting in his tent and he could hear this thing coming in at night. It wouldn't just crash through, we would slowly make its way to the camp. And at first he thought it was a person. He didn't even know what it was. One of the things he said, though, I thought, was kind of fascinating. He goes, you know, crickets are on a timer. And I go, what do you mean they're on a timer? And he goes, listen to crickets. They will do their noise for like thirty seconds and then they'll stop for ten seconds, and then it'll turn back on for thirty seconds and then they'll stop. And if you notice, they're all in in sequence with each other. And it was kind of fascinating because this creature would only move when the cicadas and the you know or whatever it was, the crickets would be loud, and the minute they would stop, it would stop moving. He could hear it stop moving in the forest and I thought that was kind of fascinating.
Speaker 3: Oh, definitely. I think there's plenty of like ambush predators that move. They use the natural sounds as subterfuge. At one sasspatch encounter I had in Oklahoma sort of fit that model. That's why I don't think they're necessarily generating something that would always tip off their presence, because it seems like their whole lifestyles dependent on not being detected anything. So whatever percentage of their diet consists of animal protein, you know, if they're grabbing prey, they would just never eat if they constantly, if they were like generating something that let everything know like, hey, I'm here all the time versus you know, these these other examples. But yeah, that's that's an interesting one for sure.
Speaker 2: Well, unless they didn't want you there, which is what I think that a lot of the human things are. Because I don't think we're necessarily seeing its prey species for sasquatches, and as evidence of that is we're all here, you know, but we would have been killed by now if that was the case. But I think that if if a sasquatch says it finds us camping in their zone and they're saying this isn't cool, they might they might be over there growling, But I would agree that they certain in my opinion, they almost certainly do not know that we cannot hear any infrasonic noises that they emit in the same sort of way that I'm convinced that they don't know that we can't see in the dark, because you know the thermal imaging shots that are available out there. They're all hiding, you know, Like, why would they be hiding from us if they know that we can't see them in the dark. Right, So it's like when I was in fifth grade and somebody told me that dogs are color blind. I couldn't really wrap my head around that because I wasn't colorblind. I think that they have the same sort of intellect, you know that outside of their experience, it's really hard for them to figure that out, you know. So why would they be making noise if they can hear it and we can't. They wouldn't know that we can't hear it.
Speaker 1: I had a guy on the show. I've talked about this many times, and you bring up a good point, Cliff, about you know, why don't they attack more people? I often wonder that. I mean, I'll hear our encounters where I think this guy's dead. I mean, I'm talking to him on the phone. He's obviously not dead. But they seem like they get so pissed to a certain point, but generally they don't kill you. And I've always wondered about that. Oh. I had this guy on the show one time and he I always used the Finding Bigfoot illustration. I'm like, you know, and he watched the guys on Finding Bigfoot how it looks like they're lit up when like Cliff or Bobo or Renee, they had their cameras right in front of their face, and I was like, they're actually walking around there dark. That's actually this infrared light hitting them. And I know a lot of people have wondered if Sasquatch could actually see that infrared light. Obviously I don't know, but this is just an illustration of what someone told me. But he had these things on his property, right, and he was trying to get them on video. And he goes out there one night and he's up on this hillside and I know the camera camera ed was a cannon. It was a night visioning camera where you press a button and that infrared light kicks out. Well, without that infrared light, you just have starlight to kind of see. And he sees these two guys down below him while he's up on this ridge and it looks like they're talking to each other. He's like, is that my neighbor? Is that my neighbor on my property? And you know, he totally threw bigfoot out the window for some reason. He was like, it's got to be one of my neighbors. And he was on the starlight portion of the camera. Well, he clicked that button. And I know the camera because I used to own one as well, But he clicked that button and that infrared beam comes out, which really lights it up when you're looking through the eyehole of the camera. The minute he hit that button, it was two of these creatures. They both turned and looked right at him, like he had turned on a flashlight or something and shined it right on them. And so it does make me wonder, you know, if they can see in these different spectrums or hear in these different spectrums that we can't.
Speaker 3: I totally think they do. I've had that experience with Elk in the dark, you know, where I'm watching Elk through a night vision unit and then I turned on the infrared illuminator and it.
Speaker 4: Just turns and looks right at me.
Speaker 3: And then with game cameras, I've seen the same phenomenon where, you know, I use these Verreconics game cameras in the field for years, because you know, infrared light only refers to the human visible spectrum, so it's infrared as any below the human ability to detect. And so I had a number of pictures from these stationary cameras where animals would walk right by them during the daytime and never look at them all seasons, you know, so summer you could assume it'd be noisy with like insects sounds the day and night in the wintertime when it's totally dead and quiet, and during the daytime they'd walk right by, and at night they'd stop and look right at the camera. And so I don't think it was that they were hearing it or that they were smelling it, because then you'd think, well, hearing and smelling are not light dependent, because the camera's not firing that ir flash during the daytime, and you know, if they were hearing it smelling it, they should be just as interested in it as day or night. But it was only at night that they'd stop and stare and look right at that flashing light. And so most mammals that operate at night, can see into the infrared range or the near ir range at the very least, So to me, it would make perfect sense that these things could too.
Speaker 2: Well, there's two I have two data points for my supposition that they do that exactly that same thing, seeing a little bit at least into the for red. And number one is the Kentucky pancake video, which I think is legitimate and its attributed again to Matt Moneymaker, was part of the Ericson project where the lady put out the thing of food in that infrared spotlight and it did not enter the spotlight when the sasquatch came up to grab it, it stayed at the edge of the spotlight and reached in and picked up the plate and sat there at the edge outside the light and ate the thing, which I thought was interesting. And also the case when Bobo and I were out at the water spot and we had sasquatches there that night. It was one of the crazier nights I've ever experienced, and I think Boba would probably back that up. The thing was making as much noise as it possibly could to scare us away by splashing in the water of this swampy area that we were camped next to. That's what we call it, the water spot, and it was just going crazy. It's going like bananas. And then I had one of those Sony night shot cameras because this is way I don't even know what year, Bobo, what do you think, like two thousand and two or three or something. I've no idea. You're five six, I have no idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like two thousand and six.
Speaker 2: I had one of these Sony night shot cameras and I was just I was going to turn it on to record the noise, you know, because at the time I was still working with mini disc players and my mini disc had run out of whatever, and I didn't nothing was recording at the time, you know, And so I turned on the camera just to record the noise. But unbeknownst to me, the night shot was enabled, and it was about a foot above the ground, all the way on the other side of this pond. Thing that's got to be you know what is that, Bobes. You're good at distances one hundred and twenty yards or something like that.
Speaker 4: Oh from where it was, Yeah, it was it was a good hundred and ten yards. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always ask a football guy. If you don't know, you know. Yeah, So that and the second I turned it on, even though it was facing the ground, like a foot above the ground and that far away, instantaneously, at the exact same moment, all activities stopped and it went completely silent after that. So that that was pretty telling to me, because I don't think that was just a coincidence. I think they saw that I turned on a light of some sort and then it just totally went dead quiet. So I've got two data points to sup support my hypothesis on that one. I do think they see in the infrared.
Speaker 4: They do. They totally do.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, you hear so many your reference stories like oh, I've heard this off the air. They wouldn't go on the air. Like, what's some stories you can tell us like that you heard over the years that didn't make it to the show.
Speaker 1: There's a couple I remember I had this and this kind of fascinated me. This eyewitness from Washington. He was actually near Bumping Lake. I think he was farther up in the hills though I don't think he was actually on the lake, but he was out there camping. He was doing bushcraft, and he's kind of in the middle of nowhere out there, and so he sets up. This guy sets up his camp. And I've had so many people run out of Bumping Lake, by the way, but this guy set up his camp. And the next day he decides to go for like this long walk and he comes back to his camp and all of his stuff had been gone through like a person had gone through it. And I'd asked him if anything was missing, and he said that this guy does road construction. And he said that his bright orange vest, anything bright orange, was taken out of his bag. And so he really thought someone was screwing with him that night or during, you know, the whole time he was out there. Well, that night he falls asleep and he heard this huge crash through the bushes, and this thing sprincester his camp and as it ran by his tent, it actually ran its hand across the top of the tent, or what he assumed was the hand across the top of his tent. And so now in his mind, you know, this is someone. So he jumps out of his tent with a gun, and there's nothing, and he talked about the force being silent. He said, everything was dead silent, no crickets, nothing, and we kind of talked about that earlier. But the next day he goes out, decides to go hiking again, and he leaves. And every time he went hiking, he was there for a total of three days. Every time he went hiking, he would always leave the same way and come back the same way, and same thing he would he took off, he went hiking, he came back to his camp and his tent was actually the stakes were pulled up and the tent was turned one hundred and eighty degrees away from the woodline. And so again that night there's weird things going on. He said he felt like there was pebbles being thrown at his tent and he couldn't really and he would yell at whoever this was. He was like, you know, I got a gun, I'm gonna shoot you, and no response back, nothing, And during the day it would be quiet. It seemed like it only happened at night. He couldn't really figure out how this person unless they hiked in, because there's really nowhere to kind of drive into where he was at well. The third day, he gets up, he goes for a hike and he leaves the same way he always leaves to go for a hike when he you know, exits the camp and on his way back, he kind of got turned around and he couldn't figure out exactly how to get back to his camp. So he takes a little bit of time trying to get back to the camp and he comes back from a completely different route. And when he came back to camp, he said he was kind of coming in quietly in case this person was in the camp. He was going to confront him. Before he left. That morning, he actually put his fire out, and you know sometimes those fires kicked back up if you really don't dump water on them, or you know a lot of winds going on, those coalsl kick back up. Well, this fire had kicked back up, and he had thought he'd put it out, but when he walked into camp, what he saw was like this four foot tall creature and what it was doing is it was grabbing the logs out of the fire and it would look at him and drop one, grabbing another one. Look at it and he said it would make it was making really odd noises like ooh ah. And it was really the expressions on its face, he said, reminded of him, well love like a kid, you know, a kid in wonderment or a kid that's amazed. And one time he had reached in and actually grabbed one of the logs and he sitting there watching this from the woodline. He described this whole creature. It was black, it was covered in kind of a reddish blackish hair. The last time I grabbed a log, he thinks it burned its hand because it dropped the log and it screamed. And when it screamed, he said, it was like almost like a pain scream. But he said it was so loud, just the sound of saying coming off. And he goes, this creature really wasn't that big. He goes, I'm talking four four and a half feet tall. But when it screamed, he goes, I felt the scream. I felt like my organs felt like they were shaking when this thing screamed. And it ended up running off and he packed up and got you know, got out of there. But I've had a I had a guy run out of Bumping Lake, this older gentleman, he was in that area he was camping and he had called me. He doesn't believe in Bigfoot, by the way, he said, it was some ape, but he had pulled into He was actually camping on the lake. He had pulled in set up his camp. He said the sun was just going down and he was starting to light a fire when this ape looking thing came crashing into his camp and he said it looked pissed. He said that the face on it was pure rage, and he didn't know what it was. He didn't know why this thing was pissed off. He told me he thought it was an ape that probably escaped from the zoo. But as he described it, I mean, this ape is eight feet tall. It's huge. I mean, there's nothing about it. It sounds like an ape. But it had actually picked up his cooler and had thrown it. And he goes, when I talk about it, and he goes, this cooler was full of water, ice, all my food. He goes, I was going to be there a week. It was a heavy cooler. He said, this thing picked it up like you and I would pick up a shoe and just toss it. And he said it had white teeth, had teeth like a man. He said, had big, square teeth, and it was just pissed. And he thought that this thing was going to kill him. And he said it would growl and it would mumble, and he said, you know, my little dog does that. He goes, when my dog's growling, it almost sounds like it's like it's grumbling to itself. He goes, that's kind of what this thing was doing. It eventually left, but before it left, it screamed at him, and he goes. The weirdest part about it screaming, He goes, it almost like did a bow, but its head wasn't facing the ground. It was facing me. And he said it just went out. He could see it taking all this breath and it screamed at him and like you were saying bubbo earlier with like infrasound. He goes, I felt like I was stunned, you know, And that might have been fear. I mean, I probably would have said the same thing if something that big was screaming at me. But and he said it went marching off into the forest. It didn't really run off, he said, it just kind of walked back into the forest. He got in his truck and left, and he called me and said, he told me exactly where his camp was at, and he goes, I left behind thousands of dollars of stuff. He goes, if you want it west, it's yours. I'm not going back. And this guy was like in his late sixties. But he refused to say it was bigfoot because he did you know, bigfoot doesn't exist. He was sure it was some ape that escaped from a zoo or something like that, which in you know, makes no sense at all. But you guys know that area bumping the lake, don't you.
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you guys had experiences there? I mean I've had a lot of my witnesses come forward.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was right there when Bart had his famous sighting up there. I was with him. Actually, I was like, dude, I'd go sit outside of camp and then he experienced that. And then after he saw that, I went out and I had to go number dose. It was actually the same area where he saw it. I walked out a couple like I don't know, two hundred yards and dug a hole and I was due to my biz. All of a sudden, I got something ran at me full speed through the woods like big heavy bipeople just boom, boom boom, and I said, damn it, I'm taking a turn, get the hell out of here, and it just stopped. And then later that night, I was with my buddy Jamie Jayden and he had like a nine months old some of them. We were in the same tent and there was two smaller ones going back and forth around, going into the camp and out of the camp, and like you know, it was dragging. It's doing that whole thing about running its fingers along the side of the tent as it walked by on the roof, and just that mumbling like you can't make out words or language, but it's like you know, something's talking about. You can't make anything out if you're hearing that, like grumbly, low mumbling stuff. And I've heard some screams there, and yeah, stuff's happen when I've been there. Yeah, it's a great spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's consistent too. It's been a long time. I know several people have seen them there. And I was standing twenty thirty feet from Bart when he saw his. I was just distracted elsewhere because it was dark, you know, and he Bart didn't say anything, He just kept snapping. I mean, what is he just snapping about feeling all snappy at me.
Speaker 1: Why do you think they're in that area, Cliff? Why do you think they hang out, especially at Bumping Lake. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know what it is. I've only been there once or twice, so I'm not an expert in the area by any means. You know, I know a little bit about the geography and stuff. But what I find, at least from the areas that I tend to work, is that they're in the same areas all the time. Like, I really don't think they leave. And this whole migration thing, I don't know where that that came from. This whole migrating thing, there's just zero evidence of that. You know, it's ridiculous to me at least because the spots that I'm working, we're finding the same individual's footprints year round, just just a few miles apart. It's mostly an elevation change and that's really all it is. But again, you got to look at the zones, right, So what is it about that area? It's probably going to come down to well, food, water and cover, and with sasquatches, you have to look a little bit further and think about strategic terrain, what sort what features in that environment enable them to get a step up on whatever animals are going after, or on the converse, using the same skills to create some sort of defensive strategy. What can I observe what's going on and then get out quickly? And it probably has to do with the steep sides to that, I mean, because it's not all isolated the bumping Lake. I mean, I've seen footprints from a place called Rattlesnake. I think it's a creek just a little bit up the slope from there. The next valley over produces stuff too, So it's that zone. There's a group of sasquatches in that zone that probably stay there most if not all, of the year, essentially just move up and down the slopes depending on what the weather's doing. But once they are there, and this has been coined as the halibut effect, you can look at locations that were active twenty fifty, one hundred or more years ago, and if the area has not changed dramatically, in other words, been paved or something like that, the sasquatches are almost certainly still there. Whatever it is about the zone, they stay in the same area and I'm really interested to see that if after Discovery Day happens, after these things are academically accepted species here in North America that you can study using wildlife biology methods and things like that, if there's going to be some sort of like you know, for lack of better terms, almost like a cultural territory where like families have lived for generations and they just don't leave because that's what they do, you know, because why leave if everything you need is there? And so it's going to be interesting to see. I think that that will be on the table after academic acceptance of the species and maybe has something to you know, we can look at ourselves. I think when we look when we look towards sasquatches as well as the other ape species, we're holding mirrors up to ourselves, right because we learn about say like the process of grieving through studying chimps, you know, or compassion or warfare for that matter, by studying chimpanzees. Right, Well, it goes two ways. We can look at ourselves and learn and at least hypothesize a little bit about sasquatches I believe, you know, I mean, they're not humans by any stretchy imagination. But they're in our family. Just like you can learn a little bit about your say, your brother or sister by looking at yourself, you can learn a little bit about their species by looking at ourselves. And the fact that many of us are home bodies and like have seventh generation Oregonian or whatever these people claim, you know, that kind of stuff, you can probably find some sort of parallel behavior in their species based on our own, you know. So, I don't know, it's going to be interesting. And these areas, there's something about them. They like, everything they need is there, and at the end of the day, if you have everything you want, why leave, you know? And that might be a generational, multi generational phenomenon for all I know.
Speaker 4: Oh, I definitely think it is.
Speaker 3: Like there's a really interesting study of chimpanzee cognition that I referenced in the book, but it basically looks at how much of like the chimpanzee cognitive capacity is devoted to mapping not just space but time. You know, they're in a different environment. It's not a temperate environment like North America, but we do obviously have subtropics and temperate environments, et cetera. But because resources are paturally distributed, like in a given forest, you know, the fruit let's say, berries, apples, whatever the case, maybe is not evenly distributed. You know, they'll be in patches or you know, certain clusters of certain foods. So there's this spatial mapping that's required to locate and memorize places the most beneficial routes of ingress and egress to and from those places. But also they're ephemeral because they're seasonal, so they're not always you know, ripening or available, et cetera. So they're constantly mapping space and time for a significant portion of their development, and then they operate within that map throughout their lives. And that's probably a big part of like hominoid cognition in general, and so I think the same would apply to sasquatch. It's like they seem like they have an intimate familiarity of the areas that they live in and a map of that of space and time, which would include the patterning of human activity. And you think if they were migrating and they were constantly inserting themselves into environments with which they were unfamiliar. First of all, they have to cross so many roads and interstates, you know, not just the two lane country road that people see them cross, but then also like they would have no idea where the best water sources were, where the prey aggregate, where humans come and go the most often. You know, I think the sidings would be so much more numerous if they were just constantly stumbling into places that they were unfamiliar with.
Speaker 2: You know, stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 1: But going back to what you guys were just saying, and I don't know if you would consider this migration, Cliff, I don't think I'd really consider it. But back in I honestly it was twenty fifteen. For about a two year period, I would get these eyewitnesses that we're all seeing the same creature. None of them actually came on the air. I think maybe one of them did, but all of them I talked to you privately. It was this large gray sasquatch that people would describe as being you know, sometimes people say, well they you know, their hair was clean, and this one wasn't like that, This saying was dirty. It was filthy and had a piss poor attitude. But one of the unique features about their creature is had a scar across his chest, almost like you know, like you'd have someone cut you with a knife or something, had this huge scar across his chest. And eyewitnesses would contact me and again, over to year period, I talked to a lot of people that had run into this creature.
Speaker 4: I heard the same stories I heard about that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's fascinating because they would all describe this same creature. And by the fourth or fifth one, I was like, did have a scar on his chest? And people would stop. There'd be like this long pause on the phone. They'd be like, well, how did you know that? And it's because people locals in the area were telling me about it. But what was weird is in the summertime you would almost find it closer up towards Mount Saint Helens, and in the winter time you would find it down kind of off the mountain, you know, near yakole Yale, that it would come all actually come off the mountain and it would do this whole like weird counterclockwise circle. People were even seeing it down near the Columbia River and it would circle back up. But it seems like the hotter it got the farther up the mountain it went, the colder it got the more it came down. And I don't know if it was following animals or not, but and I don't even know if i'd really consider that migration.
Speaker 2: Well, the furthest distance that I've said this before, but the furthest distance I'm aware of that two sat that at the same sasquatch has almost certainly been found is sit about sixty miles and that is, of course the sasquatch that we named the species at Bigfoot, you know, because we have Bigfoot's footprint from Bluff Creek in nineteen fifty eight to nineteen sixty three, nineteen maybe nineteen sixty four, the nineteen sixty three and for sure and then down in High Impalm, which is sixty miles away but also on one ridge, one mountain ridge. So right now I happen to have my Google Maps open, we're looking at twenty miles between Mount Saint Helens and the river and the Columbia River, and it's significantly shorter, so I'm that's well within the zone now. But this is also a singular case. And if my model, my hypothetical model of sasquatch social structure, which is loosely based on the orangutan structure, is correct. If it's a big male of some sort, then they would expect to be ranging a bit further than the other ones, because what I think is going on is a female and its offspring hang out in a smaller area than the male, and that abuts another female in an offspring of abutting another female in an offspring sort of thing, and then the big male moves through and does booty calls essentially with his harem essentially. So we're looking at twenty mile between Mount Saint Helens and the river versus sixty miles between Bluff Creek and High Impalm with another set of females down there, not Patty, which is what the female was up in Bluff Creek, but a different one in High Impalm. So I think that's well within reasonable range. But again I would even have to wonder, like if it was gray, could that be an indicator of age? And I'm Matt, I know you've done some work with old, older male silverback gorillas, reading about them kind of returning to places where they once grew up because they were run out of their social group. At some point. You kind of have to wonder if a sasquatch has passed its prime and a younger, a young buck so to speak, comes up and displays them, is he going to be hanging out in the same areas or is he going to be wandering a little bit more widely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in those cases it was actually sub adults reaching adulthood, So it wasn't the older males being displaced, but it was sub adults being driven out by the current dominant male that were returning to these areas. And George Shaller wrote about that in The Mountain Gorilla Behavior in Ecology.
Speaker 4: Which is a great book.
Speaker 3: It details the first observational field study of mountain guerrillas that it ever occurred. But to that model, yeah, I mean that's the case with most mammalian species, and especially the analogous mammalian species like bears, have the same model. Where in Appalachia, a male will have a home range of about sixteen to eighteen square miles, the females are like two to four square miles. The same is true of tigers, like Siberian tigers, the male covers about fifteen hundred square kilometers. The females cover about four hundred and fifty square kilometers, and so if you apply that to the sasquatch, like it answers so many questions, but it also, like I think the most important one is like, if the males are moving that much and they're straying from defensible core areas and coming more into the periphery of human habitation because we're so prolific, that answers the question of like, why are most sasquatch sidings of lon males? Well, it's like there's a perfectly normal behavioral ecological reason for that that applies not only to apes but to these other analogous mammals as well.
Speaker 2: But again back to the point West, I wouldn't consider that necessarily a real strong migration as opposed to just wandering around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's kind of what I thought too. And this particular creature had a real piss poor attitude. Like I said, it terrified everyone it ran into.
Speaker 3: That's a common feature of the large gray males, which I do think is a function of age. But when I was with the North American Woody Conservancy, there was a number of sidings down there of at least one very large gray individual, although some positive that there might have been two, but we did a whole episode because they colloquially would refer to that one as old Gray. And it was fairly bold, and I wouldn't say aggressive as much as just like confrontational, almost like direct confrontation, but without you didn't chase people or scream out a roar at them, but it would be pretty confrontational. And so if you go back through a lot of the literature, whether it's John Green's database or the things, you find that, like, these grayer ones tend to be very large, not just in height but in mass, because you know, you have these subadults that are almost of equal height, but they tend to darker in color and thin that sort of a lean, lanky basketball player Olympic swimmer build versus like something of the similar size, but it's just built like a you know, brick crap house, just big, thick and massive. And those gray ones tend to be like pretty confrontational in the sense of like they don't seem to have as much fear or avoidance of people, And so I'm always fascinated by those stories. So that's really interesting.
Speaker 2: Hey, Wes, you know you may have noticed we do a podcast too, And by the way, whatever it's worth whenever you you text us after our episodes come out and heckle us. I'm always flattered, by the way, because you're the you're the king of Bigfoot podcast. Honestly, I mean you really are. And uh so we deeply appreciate your help getting ours launched and everything. And and then you know, on a Tuesday or something, I'll get some heckling bust iner butt email or text from you and I said, oh crap, I forgot Wes is even listening, you know, because I forget anybody listens, but they do, and you're one of them. And it kind of makes me up my game a little bit and be extra thankful for our editor, Matt Pruitt. But doing a podcast is hard, man. It's not just sitting down once like an hour a week or something like that. There's a lot more that goes into this. And God, you're kind of a one man show in a lot of ways. I must how many of these things do you pump? Like in a busy week, are you doing like two or three episodes? And I imagine you take a week or two off or something like are you doing two or three of these things a week sometimes?
Speaker 1: Or yeah, I do a public show and then I do a member show. But you guys know, I mean sometimes you're range for eyewitnesses to come on, then they don't show up, and so throughout every week, I mean, I'm talking to people, and but I mainly do two episodes a week, and it doesn't seem like much work. I think a lot of people think I turn on the mic and hit record and there you go, we're done. But there's a lot that goes into it. But to answer your question, Cliff, yeah, two a.
Speaker 2: Week, two a week, Yeah, because that's it's tough man stuff to even do that. And it doesn't sound like could be very hard, but from experience, it can be excruciating.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: People need to understand just like how big and awesome Wes's audiences and how generous Wes is. I remember when we first talked, Wes had reached out to me. We were talking about podcast production, and then he was like, so, why'd you pick a bigfoot podcast? And I was like, oh no, no, I'm not a podcast guy. I'm a bigfoot guy that just happens to do this. So then we talked about a Bigfoot for a few hours, and he promoted an episode or two of a podcast I was producing at the time, and we had this like massive spike in listenership, and so I reached out to you, Wes. I was like, dude, that was super kind to you, man, to bring people's attention to thank you so much. Wes was like, oh, no, dude, that was all you, brother, and I was like, no, it was not, it was you because it was this huge spike.
Speaker 4: So greatly appreciate that. Man.
Speaker 3: You've always been super generous with making our content available to your audience, and like I always say, like, whatever we give you props, I'm like, well, I'm pretty sure one hundred percent of our liststeners listened to Sasquatch Chronicles, So we're preaching the choir, but we do so happily because you've always been so generous to us.
Speaker 1: Oh. I appreciate it, guys, and I appreciate the kind of words. I don't know if I'm the king of the Bigfoot podcast. I think you're the only one that says that, Cliff, but.
Speaker 4: I'm going that says it. We all say it. I said it first. I've been doing it for twenty years.
Speaker 1: I made up the word king.
Speaker 2: And when I first saw that, you were, you know, retweeting or reposting our episodes and thinking what is this? Oh my gosh, it was just amazing. It was just it was humbling, honestly, you know, yeah, because you know whatever, we're on TV and stuff. But that's stupid, man, Like, you have a huge listenership every single week and it keeps coming back from more and you've been killing to sing for for how long has Sasqatch Chronicle has been on the air now, and it's forever right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was two thousand and twelve, I think, or thirteen.
Speaker 4: Twelve, thirteen years. Yeah, that's crazy. It is crazy. We doubled our We doubled our listenership after I was on a guest on West's show. We doubled our listenership in like ten days.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I've seen those things happen many times, like when Wes had you guys on and it was great to see. So it's super cool that you know you've stuck with it this many years and that you're you know, you've built such an awesome loyal audience and that they're so open minded to listening to other sasquatch related shows too. Like it's that's like the quiet side of the community that people just don't realize exist, you know. They they just see this sort of like content creators and talking heads. They don't realize, like now, man, there's a lot of people out there who are super interested in this subject. They just don't go around like posting about it.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's it's guys like John Bennernuggle. You know, when him and I became friends, and you know, he meant a lot to me, and he would always tell me, you know, be kind of people, be humble, try to have those qualities because it'll it'll bring more people in. He goes, there's enough arrogance, there's enough egos in the bigfoot world that just be different. And you know, I would watch John and even Bob Gimlin at these conferences, and I mean the nicest guys. I saw a lot of crazy people go up to John a lot where I probably would have ended the conversation, but he sat there and talked to them. I never heard him speak poorly of anyone, you know, so it kind of gave me a goal to shoot for. You know, the bigfoot world is ugly enough. There's enough egos, and I try and stay out of it, you know, with the different researchers and everything else. And with the podcasting world. That's what I and you and I were talking about this Matt at Cliff's house, you know, the podcasting world, I really especially when it comes to like Bigfoot and cryptids and stuff like that. And they're not everyone's like this, but I will say most of the podcasters are really super easy to get along with. They're really you see a lot of the ego die Dama, and you know, if I contributed to that in some little way, then I mean that would make me happier than anything else, just changing the dynamic and changing the attitude in the room, because you don't quite get the the attitude you get with like in the bigfoot world, that you don't get it with the podcasters. The podcasters generally are pretty cool guys. And it's like I tell people, man, it's hey, if we all help each other, it's your success is my success. My success is your success.
Speaker 4: Dude. You're cool guys, and even rip off your whole freaking just copy you completely.
Speaker 1: You're still yeah, which can be difficult at times. I'm human, but you know, I try. I try to be nice to everyone, and I really try to help everyone, and sometimes it's been me. But at the end of the day, I think that's really how you change the attitude of the big Foot world. If these guys don't have an ego, then why do you have an ego? You know? Or like you? And you and Cliff, I mean, you guys were on TV. You guys are coolest guys on the planet, most laid back guys on the planet, fun to hang out with. And if anyone's going to have an ego, you guys should have an ego and you don't, So it just makes it makes it more welcoming for more people to come into this subject, you know, newer people coming in.
Speaker 4: I think Bob Gimmel definitely was the example that a lot of us strive to be like like Fob because he's just so gracious.
Speaker 2: But I'm glad you brought up Bender Nagle as well, because he's again just the nicest, was the nicest kind of the planet and so much of a I feel like I will honestly be striving the rest of my life to have the patience and kindness that John showed to people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll tell you a funny story. Johnny's to always put me in check because I would be like, well, it's an ape. And towards the end of John's life, I will say his attitude kind of changed a little bit. He was more willing to hear more of the weird stuff out and really think about it and give you his answer on it. And if he didn't know, he would say I don't know, but you know, he would he would put me in check in certain ways to where I would give an answer and John would be like, oh, I didn't know you had it already, you had it all, figure it out, Well tell me more. You know. That was like his old man way of, you know, putting me in check, basically saying you don't know everything. But John was I love John. I did a whole thing for kind of remembering him. And it was the week he died and I couldn't even get the show out. I tried to record it and I would break down in tears every time I tried to do that remembering John. And he called me right before he died and he was trying to say goodbye, and I wouldn't hear it. I didn't want to hear it, and I would I would tell him John, You're gonna be fine, you know, And I would cut him off, I don't you know. And I regret that now because he died the next day. But he was calling to say goobye and I didn't want to hear it. So John, John was if I could be half the man he was, I would be. I would call it a win.
Speaker 4: That's how That's how I first talked to you, was we need that thing for John, you give a tribute to him, contact you saying that was great, And then yeah, I mean we can't forget Joe and either as partner sidekicks. She was awesome too.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, let's go ahead and turn to the member section because we have a lot of questions we want to ask you with a more select listenership perhaps, And of course, if you want to be a member of the podcast, you know what to do. Go to the website, hit that button, or go to the link that Matt'll probably post below in the show notes. But Wes, thank you so much for taking some time out from your ridiculous schedule to join us. And be on our podcast because honestly, we would not be here in whatever position we have now in the Bigfoot podcasting world without your help. Your instrumental in getting us going and our canntinued success. And we can't thank you enough for that. So I really really appreciate your time and your guidance and your mentorship. Really do amen and your friendship.
Speaker 1: You guys are too kind. You guys are definitely too kind. Thank you again. It was my honor coming on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and keep doing what you're doing. It's obviously like influenced a lot of people. It brings a lot of people joy.
Speaker 4: We love to show. My wife and I were on the road.
Speaker 3: We listen to two episodes all the time, and of course, like I have a bunch of my favorites, a couple of those I want to ask you about in the member section. But just keep up the great work. It brings a lot of joy to a lot of folks.
Speaker 4: I got a question for you, Wes, what do you think these things are?
Speaker 3: Just can stay tuned to the member section to find out Wes's answer.
Speaker 2: Ripping you off.
Speaker 1: I wasn't sure if you wanted me to answer that or.
Speaker 4: I just do my west impersonations. All right, folks, well big thank you to Wes Germer. I mean you heard platitudes come from Matt and Cliff and I can say the same thing. Wes is a great guy. We appreciate them. But until next week, y'all keep it squad.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond