Speaker 1: Show time is here. No time to fear, Corilla is so near, becase show time is here.
Speaker 2: So on with the show.
Speaker 1: Let's give it a go, Correll, show time is here, and no time to fear. Corilla is so near becase show time is here.
Speaker 2: So on with the show.
Speaker 1: Let's give it a go.
Speaker 2: Carell is the one that you need to know. Now it's show time.
Speaker 3: All right in just sixty seconds. The most fabulous I mean, he's really something. The best, most fabulous host will be here. He just tells the truth all the time, Bigley, and he's funny, this guy.
Speaker 2: Have you heard him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's funny and smart, smart and funny, not like those nasty people on lamestream media. So don't go anywhere. He's almost here. I know he doesn't speak well with me, and that's okay because I mean, he's really quite fabulous.
Speaker 2: Oh I was show Sime.
Speaker 4: Showtime is here. It is Thursday of the twenty seventh. I am Correll. We're gonna be talking entertainment today. It's an Oscar weekend. We're gonna talk about films and Gene Hackman. What a weird story there, and.
Speaker 5: Lots more uncensored, unfiltered, un hinged. He's the Corell Cast. Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 2: It is the Crell Cast. I am Correl.
Speaker 4: Why do we have a love hate relationship with entertainment, Hollywood and award shows?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's always boggled my mind.
Speaker 4: We watch them, we talk about what happens at them, but then we denounce them and say they shouldn't have them, or why are these people awarding.
Speaker 2: Themselves or whatever? You know.
Speaker 4: In fact, entertainment is the only industry that gives out awards that people criticize. You don't criticize teacher of the year at your school. You don't criticize when your kid gets an award and you put a stupid bumper sticker on your car that says my kid was the student of the month for seventeen months at such and such.
Speaker 2: You don't ever criticize that.
Speaker 4: You don't criticize artists if they win a prize, cooks who win a bakeoff, But give an award to an actor or a singer, and people just lose their frickin' minds.
Speaker 2: I will never understand that.
Speaker 4: Now I vote on Grammy, I vote on the sag After Awards, which were just this last week I vote on the Dorian Awards for Film and Television from the game Lesbian Entertainment Critics. I've been to Oscar at least ten times. In fact, one of my badges is right well, right here, look I'll see. Oh I can't pull it over. But here's my last Oscar badge. I'm trying to pull it over for you to see. Oh, it's just a little bit too far away. But I've been to Oscar ten times, so I know a little bit about it. So we are going to talk about that today and other things as well. So glad you're joining me at YouTube dot com, forward slash really Correll, Like and subscribe my patrons. I love you, Patreon dot com, forward slash really Correll. Someone sent me a note and said that I'm the best investment they make every month. Thank you so very much. And of course, TikTok Hi, TikTokers, how you doing? Is DJ Valentino Rose out there on TikTok today? You know you got to tune into him on Friday nights at seven o'clock if you want to hear some fabulous disco Correll approved disco. Honey, Yes, that's DJ Valentino Rose on TikTok every Friday, seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: He is live. Tune in.
Speaker 4: It's a great disco show. It's my friend Steve. You all know him. It's a great disco show. You get to see Tino sometimes as little Dog Valentino, and he plays really great music, some of which you can't even get any more on vinyl. So it's a great show. So tune into that. So Hi, Steve, if you're watching anyone else on TikTok. Hello, all right.
Speaker 2: So the first thing, the first story that hit me.
Speaker 4: Gobsmacked me in the face this morning was ninety five year old Gene Hackman, who I love and adore. He was one of the best character actors of my lifetime. You know, as a leading man. Okay, I mean he was, he was a great leading man, but he was a really incredible character actor. You know, when you had him in your cast, you were gonna I don't care how bad the movie was, if Gene Hackman was in it, it was going to be elevated a little better. Even Barbara Streisand's least favorite movie all night long, she did not like making that movie. She didn't like the movie, but she loves working with Gene Hackman, and it's why she did the movie to work with Gene Hackman. So, you know what, it's a weird story out of New Mexico. Gene Hackman, ninety five years old found dead with his sixty three year old wife and their dog. So when I first heard it, I thought, oh my god, was he like dying? And they decided to all just go together because I could see that happening. I could you know, he's ninety five and about to pass and she's been with him thirty years and doesn't want to go out without him, and you know, they figure the dog should come with us, and I could see that. Unfortunately, there are seniors that make that decision that kill themselves as they approach the end of life. I'm not going to have the discussion whether or not. You know, it's weird. I thought to myself, if I do get some horrible neurological disease, or if I have one and I only have like four or five years left when it's close to me checking out Ember would be like fifteen, would it be better just to put her down to when I die? And then I thought, no, she deserves to live her full life. But there are some people when they pass away, they take their pets with them.
Speaker 2: The Egyptians did that. You were buried with your pets, don't I don't. You know?
Speaker 4: Muttville is filled with wonderful senior pets whose owners passed away and they have a new lease on life. Maureen Langen has adopted several from Muttville senior pets that you know, needed homes because their owners passed away, so they still deserve a good life. So I didn't I didn't understand what happened. So now the daughter, as being reported by TMZ, is saying they're going to do a carbon monoxide you know test on the bodies, I guess, or at the house. But then again, all of my fire alarms now have the carbon monoxide alarm. So I can't imagine Gene Hackman, who is a millionaire, that his home didn't have that. I mean, I just I can't imagine that. So was the carbon monoxide intentional? Did they just go to bed last night and turn on the oven and blow out the pilot light and call it a day. I don't know. It's just a very very weird story, you know. Robin Williams, Yes, yes to Michigan Rob, we need to help Carell boost the show, hit the like button. I agree with you, Michigan Rob. Thank you, James says, Robin Williams did that. Yeah, he committed suicide. He didn't want to get sick with the Louis body syndromes and the dementia, and he just checked out. So did Gene Hackman. We don't know, but that's a weird story. You wake up and Gene Hackman wife and dog and the head That's what the headline all says, you know, Gene Hackman, wife and dog found dead. And I was like, the dog too, you know, and no, weird. That's it really got me from the story because Gene Hackman's ninety five, so I'm like, well, you know, finding him dead crapshoot. But his wife is sixty three, and she was a pianist and had a life to live, and she would have been secure, you know, with his money when he died, and the dog too. It had this has to be an accident. I just can't imagine Gene Hackman his wife sitting down and saying, let's kill ourselves and take the dog too.
Speaker 2: I don't know them. I ain't living their lives. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just he doesn't seem the type. So we'll see how this unfolds. But it's really weird, you know. And it is weird about the pets. There was a couple of parents, the grandparents, that got sued because they didn't meet their son's wishes. He died and he wanted his dog put down and buried with him, and they adopted the dog and said, no, we're not putting this dog down. We're you know, we're gonna adopt him, give him a good life. And well, it's in the will. It's in the will.
Speaker 2: Know what you know?
Speaker 4: Well, and you know technically the courts, I mean, the dog is your property and if you put it in the will that it's to be killed when you're killed, you're gonna have to go to court to undo that. So but the parents won. They didn't have to put down the dog. They adopted it. So that was what struck me from the story that the dog died too. That's what makes it suspicious. If we had found Gene and his wife and the dog alive, well I wouldn't have thought, you know, something's weird. But with the dog dying too. I'm thinking carbon monoxide. So and FYI, if you don't have those sensors in your home, please get them. I went out and bought them at home depot. They're not thirty bucks, you know, and it could save your life. So, because carbon monoxide is oh, I've died from it once. And that's the truth. I died from carbon monoxide poisoning when I was nine years eight years old, from the back of the seat of the car. All the stuff was piled up. We were moving again. I was sleeping up top of the stuff with the dog. The dog fell into the front seat, foaming at its mouth and poisoned. My parents looked back and saw me. I was foaming at the mouth and poisoned, and I'm told not breathing. I then went with my mother to the farmhouse to call the ambulance. Which is weird because I stayed at the car with Dad as he did CPR and stuff. But I have a vivid recollection of going with my mother to the farmhouse. I later described the man and woman that were there, the living room, the phone, and the way back. How did I do that, I don't know, but I died once by say Rocky walk so get the centre. They're not expected when we come back. I want to support the Corell cast. Then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really Corral channel. Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash really Correl, that's Krio and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 5: If you're not visiting really corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at really correll dot com.
Speaker 4: And the envelope winner is and the Oscar goes too. It's Oscar Weekend. By the way, Jane Hackman had two oscars. And now they're saying they found pills on scene. So what they gave the dog pill? I see, I don't understand any of this story. You're gonna take yourself out rehome your dog? You know, don't kill unless it was like seventeen or something. I don't like. The dog was on death's door too. But a sixty three year old woman killing herself just because her husband's dying, you know. I mean I wanted to die when Andrew died, but I wanted to live. I mean, inside my heart was broken and I didn't want to go on, but I knew I had to. I mean, you get over grief, you get over lost. You can't tell that to a person who's going through it, but trust me on this. I've been through great loss. I lost a generation of friends to AIDS. I lost my husband, my mother, my father all right in front of me, and many a dog. And yeah, it's heartbreaking and you want to die. You don't want to go on, and you think you can't go on. I thought if Andrew died, I'd never be able to go.
Speaker 2: On, but I did. I think that's almost the cruelest joke.
Speaker 4: You do go on and you find a new life and it's different, and you always miss them, and you never get over the grief. You just learn how to deal with it, and you still get grief. Tsunamis that wash you over sometimes and then they're over with and done. But you know, I can't imagine killing myself because my thirty year elder husband is dying. So I just I want to hear more about what happened.
Speaker 2: We'll see. Also for the people that.
Speaker 4: Want to chat, it's YouTube, dot com, forward slash really Carrell and at TikTok and at Instagram.
Speaker 2: Feel free to go ahead and chat. And I read them.
Speaker 4: We were having a lot of chatters there for a while and now we're only down to like ten or twenty. But go ahead and of course leave your comments down below the video. All right, Oscars are this weekend. As you know, Oscars are big business. They always have been. That's not new. If a film or an actor or actress won an Academy Award, there was always new box office interest in it. I started watching Ally McBeal because it won an Emmy, and I thought, I haven't seen this show, and then it became my favorite show. Many actors their careers are launched by winning an award obscure actors, and all of a sudden they're up for an Oscar and then the next thing you know, they're getting bigger parts.
Speaker 2: So in a Hollywood awards do serve a purpose. But are they commercial? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Are they politicized? Absolutely? Are we voters swayed by campaigns?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Voting for an award is just like voting for a president. The same politics are involved. You got one side saying vote for me, go another saying vote for me. You got people campaigning come and watch our movie. We'll give you, you know, appetizers and treats and you'll get to meet the director and all of that. To try to get people interested in their film or their television shows, there are campaigns. There are publicists whose sole job is to work award shows where they get clients that are nominated and try or get clients that want to be nominated and do these camp they're called FYC campaigns for your consideration, So there is a big business behind awards, and it's almost unfair because you'd like to think that every performance would qualify and that you'd be able to see some obscure people winning. But the fact is, it takes money to get noticed by the ac Unless your film has a lot of buzz online or a lot you know, it takes a campaign. It takes buzz to get noticed by the Academy. So that's the unfair part that to win a Grammy or to win an Oscar, you have to have an infrastructure behind you. You have to have a publicist that's out there doing this FYC campaign. Your studio has to be behind you. Netflix has agreed to fly the Carla Gascone is her name, Carla Sothia Gascone. They are sending her to the Oscars they haven't paid for her to go anywhere else because she seems a bit racist in some of her tweets. Some I can understand of what she posted. Others are just flat out racist. So she's racist. Is there a racist trans person? There is, and it's her, But again, many actors are many. I mean, Mark Wahlberg is a big racist, and you know he still makes movies.
Speaker 2: So we'll see what's going on.
Speaker 4: But I have the Oscar and I'm going to go through and talk about why I think some are going to lose and some are going to win. It's this Sunday at five o'clock, three o'clock red carpet. I'll be flying back from Long Beach.
Speaker 2: I go. I leave for Long Beach in.
Speaker 4: Two hours and I'll be in Long Beach for till Sunday. Phil Hendry show is Saturday night. We're all going to go. A bunch of KFI people are going to go. And for those of you saying you asked me for money and then you fly off to Long Beach. My airfare was free Southwest Airlines. I had enough miles. My friend David G. Hall used as miles to get my hotel. I had enough Hurts rental miles to get my Hurts car, and the only money I'm spending really is on food.
Speaker 2: And I have three.
Speaker 4: People wanting to take me out to dinner already, so you know it will be a very affordable trip, because no, I couldn't afford it, and I told them when they invited me down, I said, I can't afford it. I'm sorry, I don't have five hundred dollars, you know, to come to Phil Hendry show. And the response was, we want you there. Let's find a way, and that's what friends are for. So they did so after in a leading role. Adrian Brody tim for the Rutalist, Timothy Shamaley for a complete unknown, Coleman Domingo for Sing Sing Refines for the Conclave, and Sebastian Stan for the Apprentice. The two very long shots there are Coleman Domingo and Sebastian Stan. I think it's great they're nominated. They didn't have big campaigns and I don't think they're going to win. Ray Fines is coming off the sag after win, and so I believe that he's got a good chance. Otherwise, it's Adrian Brody's contest to lose. He won the Golden Globe. I know people love Timothy Chamalay, gave him the sag After award. I think Oscar would go more for Adrian Brody. And again there's politics in that. There is you know, Coleman Domingo for sing sing. He plays a convict and it's set in a prison, and the movie didn't really do all that well. And so that's what I mean by politics. The people that have been out front, Adrian Brody, Timothy Shamalay and Ray Fines. That's why I think that that's it's gonna be Adrian Brody. But if not, it will be Ray Fines. And watch Timothy Shamalay win just to prove me wrong. Actor in a supporting role is going to be Kernon Culkin. You might not even you don't even need to read any other names. It's gonna be Kerndon Culkin. He's won every award, SAG after, Golden Globe. He's gonna win this. He's great in the movie with Jesse Eisenberg that Jesse Eisenberg wrote and produced called A Real Pain.
Speaker 2: It's a wonderful movie. Do see it.
Speaker 4: Uri baranav for Ana. These are the obscure actors that are now going to flourish. He's in this movie in Nora, which everyone's making a lot of hub about. It's not gonna win a lot of awards, but the fact that it's out front is going to get its director and its stars Sean Baker as the director and its stars a lot more work. So him, Kieren and Edward Norton, Guy Piercer, Jeremy Strong, Kernan Culkin's.
Speaker 2: Win in that category.
Speaker 4: Actress in a leading role, Cynthia Arrivo for Wicked. No, they're not going to give to someone in a musical. They're just not Carlo Sophia Gascon Emilia Perez, even though she's trans and they like to be politically correct, she's a racist. They're not going to give it to her. Mickey Madison for a Nora. She's cute and young. They're not going to give it to her. Demi Moore for the substance. She's taken home the trophy, and then Fernando Touris for I'm Still Here. Nope, Demi Moore for the substance. She's older. They tend to give it to older, established people, saying this may be one of the last time she's nominated, and it's a comeback. Everyone loves a comeback. It's gonna be Demi Moore, trust me. And the Substance is an interesting film, by the way, so I liked it. In a supporting role. We're going to have Zoe Saldono for Amelia Perez so Demi and the leading and Zoe. I don't think Isabella Rosalini's gonna win, even though she is older. Felicity Jones for the brutaliss no Ariana Grand Nope, and Monica Barberino for a complete unknown. No, it will go to Zoe Saldona. Trust me on this, trust me?
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then we got animated feature.
Speaker 4: I wish that Memoir of a Snail or Wild Robot would win their beautiful film. I think Flow is going to do another beautiful film about a black cat.
Speaker 2: You should see all of those.
Speaker 4: When we come back, We're want to talk a little more about the politics and why we love to hate a workshop.
Speaker 2: You know, why why is there always this patre You're going to talk about that when we reached out, and.
Speaker 4: Why you all act just interested when you know you carry carrel here. And I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons of Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corell cat, then please go to patreon dot com forward slash really Corell. That's Patreon dot com forward slash, really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com forward slash, Really Correll. There's so much great free content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or cat. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram, and don't forget the website that's had it all all along, Really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support the show to Patreon at Patreon dot com, forward slash, really Correl. Thanks from thirty years of support to the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog.
Speaker 2: And let's keep the party going as long as we can. By the way, a lot of these movies and such are streaming already, so if you want to catch up, Conclave is on peacock Sing Sing is on Netflix. The Apprentice is out there streaming as well Anora. They're all kind of streaming, so you can find them. Find hell. Oh, it's on I Believe Hulu.
Speaker 4: It's about a black cat, so of course Bebta and the chatroom adores it because she's cat lover, as is David and Toby uh. And a Complete Unknown is streaming again on max I Believe, so you can go and watch a lot of these performances. Unlike other oscars in the past where you still had to go to the movies, a lot of these are already streaming, so go and check them out. Check out Memoir of a Snail. You'll just love it, be Beta. Check out Memoir of a Snail. Yes, I'm talking directly to you in the chat room, ba Beta, I know you will love Memoir of Snail and Wild Robut Wild Robut is absolutely brilliant. Both of those are animated. All right, Before we move on to the love hate relationship that everyone has with a word show, I don't care about Oscar, Yes you do, but anyway, there's this show on Hulu that you're probably not watching that you should be. It's called Paradise and it's James Marsden, he's looking fabulous, and Sterling k Brown and just a bevy of incredible actors. And it's sci fi, okay, And I'm not going to give away more than you learn in the first episode, or you could read the you know, read the summary. But something happens, some cataclysm happens, and these billionaires have built an underground society to weather it out, not just a bunker, but like an underground society, and the billionaires are running it even though there's a president. James Marsden plays the president and he would make a dad vote for him. But what really strikes me about this show Paradise and others like it, we see where we're headed. Science fiction is just science prediction. Half of Star Trek has already come true. We see where where we are headed. Science fiction writers, creatives see where we are headed. Climate scientist see where we are headed. You know, regular scientists, they see where we're headed. And these shows like Paradise, which is great, it's a wonderful show. Please watch it and the one Extrapolations on Apple TV. We know what's coming and we aren't doing anything to prevent it. It's obvious the rich are going to destroy the planet and then destroy us. It's obvious they're going to continue. These billionaires, these oligarchs, they're going to continue. Do you know the headline yesterday about Trump's cabinet meeting was Trump meets with his acolytes and brings his favorite oligarch that was in the Guardian meets with his aco life and oh they called him a would be Caesar, would be Caesar and oligarch meet with acolytes.
Speaker 2: Now the rest of the world sees Elon Musk.
Speaker 4: For what he is. An oligarch. He is an oligarch, and he is controlling our government. So by definition, we now have an oligarchy. We are not a republic and we are not a democracy. At this moment, we have a billionaire two if you believe Trump billionaires ruling.
Speaker 2: That's an oligarchy.
Speaker 4: So in a whimper democracy and republic, the democratic republic that we have it has died and we have very quickly become an autocracy or an oligarchy.
Speaker 2: Period.
Speaker 4: That's I'm not making this up. That is fact. And when you see where that leads in every science fiction, this is us or the last of us, the zombie one, This Paradise one. They all have a worldwide cataclysm extrapolations usually.
Speaker 2: Brought about by climate change, which also leads to war over resources.
Speaker 4: Because with climate change and the great catastrophes that happen, food becomes scarce, water becomes scarce, so we fight over it, and the world pretty much ends and only the rich survive. Now we know this is what they are setting up as we speak. The world's billionaires are setting up their long term survival bunkers in New Zealand. Zuckerberg over on Hawaii building a bunker that goes underground and has blast doors and everything they're preparing.
Speaker 2: We're not.
Speaker 4: So why don't we think it'll really happen? Entertainment Academy Awards, all of that, These movies often show us a vision of the present, past, or future that needs to be seen and talked about, you know, needs to be explored. That's what when Hollywood is at its best, that's what it does. For instance, the movie with Demi Moore that really addresses the false ideal of female beauty in Hollywood and agism. Amelia Perez, a trans character that you'd never expect to be trans Wicked, The Wizard of Oz is nothing but political rounding up the animals that can speak and that are educated, so they can take away their education and take away their descent. Hello a wizard who isn't really powerful, who has everybody fooled, but there's really nothing.
Speaker 2: Behind the curtain.
Speaker 4: Hello conclave the politics of the Catholic Church that's going to be on display here with the pope you know, kicks it. So we know where we're going. Science fiction has been showing us for look at the Twilight Zone, or better yet, a black mirror. Just binge, watch Black Mirror, and you might hurl yourself over a bridge because it's obvious where we're going.
Speaker 2: And yet we don't believe science fiction.
Speaker 4: Why don't we watch Paradise and go We've got to get rid of billionaires, because we have to get rid of billionaires worldwide. We have to take We can leave them nine hundred million dollars, which is more money than any human could ever get, but anything over that is taken for taxes for the country. For whatever nine hundred million you can keep nine hundred and one million, we'll take that one. There should be a one hundred percent tax on income above nine hundred million dollars. Because billionaires are going to kill us so they can survive. It's obvious. All right, I want you to have a super great weekend. I'm gonna try. I'm going to be seeing friends in Long Beach. I have a fear of flying. I don't know why. I guess Trump and the FAA and all of that. I kind of had anxiety about leaving my house and leaving my routine. I got to get out more because and I see so many doctors for this leg and everything. I'm worried. I am I even physically able, and yet I just ran up hills, I did weights this morning, I did yoga, So yes, I'm physically able. I just had a hard scan. It was fine, you know, a nuclear stress test. The blood flow to my heart is great, there's no blockages. And yet I'm worried about physically being able to do this trip. My mind is a mess. That's why I have to do this trip. I have to prove because I'm got to get back out and sing. Do you want to funk?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: And I took photos yesterday. I'll send you patrons over the weekend. Some of the photos I took. Oh they're grand, I look fabulous. Oh, my god, do I look good?
Speaker 2: Well? The outfit looks good. I look old. God. I was looking at the photos going, who is this old man with me?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: But the photographer was very nice. He goes, dude, you don't look sixty two. You know, you look early fifties. You know, if that you could still pass for forties. And I'm all, with this waddle, with these crows feet pass for forties. It'd be a rough life. I am corel Be who you want to be is going to hurt anybody. YouTube dot com, Really, Carrel, leave your comments, Patreon dot com, Really, Carrel, leave your comment TikTok, Instagram, Really Carrel.
Speaker 2: Watch live. We'll see you on Monday.
Speaker 4: Until then, stay safe, and you know, finding mativeness is fast sad way to go.
Speaker 6: All right, Oh bet that's gonna Watchcasting from a completely different point of view, yours listen daily to the Corral cast on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 5: It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view.
Speaker 1: Yours.
Speaker 5: Listen daily to the correlle cast on your favorite streaming service.