Speaker 1: Stop college students. People are talking about channing.
Speaker 2: We are Hamash just turns my stomach.
Speaker 1: Fifty five k r C, the talk station five O five A five k r C, the talk station, Freddy Eve.
Speaker 3: Some service.
Speaker 1: Certainly will.
Speaker 4: Vacation, and so it's critically important that to the extent you can find anything that gives you an ability to be patient in this extremely dangerous and unprecedented crisis that you do.
Speaker 1: Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. Social media is on fire over that nonsense. Be patient, you better learn to live with and be patient, patient with our government incompetence anyhow, Happy Friday, Brian Thomas right here. Let us see Joe Strecker in there, and the executive producer Booth appreciated wining up a beginning at seven o five Guests. I've got some good guests on the program today. Donald Neo Americans for Prosperity. We talk about supporting Trump's tax cuts for Ohio families, and of course Trump's tax cuts set to expire, and if they do expire, I read some fun facts the other day. Million plus people are going to lose their jobs and six jillion dollars or something like that worth our billion or something I don't know taken out of the economy. Well, that's your confiscatory tax policy. The more money you take away from US government, the less money we have to spend on what we think we want to buy, making our own choices with the money we earned from our labor. And you know, just think about it. In the flip of a switch. You know, the Trump tax cuts hadn't built in expiration date. That always just frankly in the five o'clock ur pisses me off. Why don't they ever do anything permanent. Well, that's because they got what they want to have a fight down the road, a new administration will be in place. You know, they think the one side who doesn't want the tax cuts thinks they're going to be empower when they expire, and of course they will take more of your money from you. Random and arbitrary as it may seem, it is. I mean, how do you arrive at any given percentage of what you're taking from someone thirty six percent or whatever tax rate you find your fault you fell in based upon I don't know, somebody behind the scenes deciding that at X number of dollars earned we are going to start taking a certain random, seemingly random percentage from the dollars earned thereafter. So your tax the one rate to x amount, and then over x amount your tax at a different rate higher, and then over another amount they take even more money. Where do they come up with these numbers? You know, the sausage making that goes on behind the scenes. I have never laid witness to. But in the final analysis, when you sta what comes out, it's like, Okay, why and why can't they just take a flat percentage from all businesses and individuals, which I'm in favor of, just fifteen percent. Period into story. Get rid of the entire tax code. No more ride offs, no more incentives, no more dangling carrots as I like to call them, from the federal government to do something throughout the year so that you can lower your tax exposure. What a manipulative evil force. That tax code is an entire industry is built around people and not understanding it. I mean, think about accountants. I don't have a go to accountants. I mean you provide a valuable function in a world. We have a tax code that's what fifteen thousand pages long or something like that. Who in the hell has the time to go through all that and understand it. Well, vast majority of that doesn't apply to regular everyday Americans like you and me. All those Daniel and Carrerotts have incentive, I mean, with the exception of the child tax credit you know, are built in therefore to manipulate business and industry. So anyhow, sorry, we didn't go down that road, but started with Donovan and Eil Americans for Prosperity at seven o five. Senator Ran Paul returns at seven thirty got a topic, a whole bunch of topics talk about with Senator doctor James Thorpe gonna be on the program at eight oh five talk about the book Sacrifice, which documents the the true story of what is described as a very respected doctor of maternal fetal medicine who in twenty twenty found his profession and again, in their words, lost its mind and soul. It's colleagues argue around him to take take bribe money. Thorpe one of the few obi Jins to bear witness and broadcast the multiple pregnancy complications including miscarriage, stillbirths, and many others resulting from Yes, the COVID nineteen shot. He stood in defiance against others in his medical profession sacrifice. I wonder if he lost his license at some point it was threatened with his license, losing his license probably, And it is Thursday, so we could hear from my heart media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe. Yeah. As to Kamala Harris's statement about being patient, one person observes what she's trying to express here with this confusing word salad is that it's super important for LA residents to be patient with the bungling incompetence and appalling stupidity of California Democrats and not to link the ongoing disaster to their woke civilization destroying policies deviney from American greatness. I thought that one summed it up as well as any of the other criticisms Kamala Harris got online anyway, I got an Israeli jimas ces fire. Biden said the it's in phases while Trump and Biden wrestle over who gets credit for it. And I don't think anyone can deny that the election of Donald Trump probably had a lot to do with this. I know that's what the Israeli Times concluded. Accordingly, reporting from The Israeli Times, a tense weekend meeting between Prime Minister Benjamin not in Yahoo and incoming Mid East Envoy Steve Whitcoff incoming Mideast that'd be one of Trump's guys, led to a breakthrough in the hostage negotiations, with the top aid to US President elect Donald Trump doing more to sway the premier in a single sit down than outgoing President Joe Biden did all year. According to two Arab officials speaking with the Times of Israel on Tuesday, well, okay, they've at least concluded Donald Trump was largely responsible for this, But regardless of who's taking credit, it's in phases. As I mentioned Biden to, the first phase will last six weeks and includes a full and complete cease fire withdrawal of Israeli forces from all the populated areas of Gaza, and the release of a number of hostages held by Hamas, including women and elderly and the wounded. They're doing it in order of most important to release first, and that group is first. So I'm proud to say Americans will be part of that hostage release in phase one as well, and the Vice president, and I cannot wait to welcome them home after. Of course, they're out of office now. In exchanges are released hundreds of Palestinian prisoners, Biden said, and Palestinians can return to their neighborhoods in all areas of Gaza, and a surge of humanitarian assistance into Gaza will begin. He said. During the next six weeks, Israel will negotiate the necessary arrangements to get Phase two. Uh huh, that'd be profits Phase three. Phase two. You know, I knew you had that on by handy Joe. You read the news anyway, Phase two, which is described as a permanent end of the war, he said. Let me say this again, a permanent end of the war. In case you didn't hear him the first time, he said, there's a number of details the negotiating to move from Phase one to Phase two, but the plan says if negotiations take longer than six weeks, the ceasefire will continue as long as the negotiations continue, So any side can walk away from this and the fighting will begin immediately. I think we all need to keep that in the back of our mind because that is a very, very very possible scenario. Senior Hamas official confirmed to in reporting on this one Fox News that the deal was reached as well. There was some rumors around that they hadn't agreed to it, but it's widely circulated. Everybody's on board on this at least right now. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Nett and Yaho's office set in their statement that the final details were still on resolve, but it'd hope that details will be finalized tonight. They will be yesterday. Trump, who threatened last week of the deal was not struck before inauguration day, remember the words all hell will break out in the Middle East quickly and well. He praised that the epics ceasefire agreement could have only been happened as a result, could have only happened as a result of our historic victory in November, as it signaled to the entire world that my administration would seek peace and negotiate deals to ensure the safety of all Americans and our allies. I'm thrilled American and Israeli hostages will be returning home to be reunited with their families and loved ones. And again. Steve Whitcoff, Trump's envoy to the Middle East Many sources confirming that he was pivotal in the role of negotiating the peace deal. Okay. The agreement calls for the release of three high hostages on the first day, followed by weekly batches. Again, women, children, men of were fifty prioritized initially, younger men and humanitarian cases included. Later updates on the hostages. Statuses will alternate between announcements of survivors and confirmation of those who did not survive captivity. And it's interesting because in some reporting it said that most of them are still alive and another reporting that they say half of them are dead. So the fog of war, the fog of well not knowing the status of the health and well being of the hostages or in some cave someplace. On the sixteenth day, okay, the second phase begins a dressing the release of younger men soldiers in return of remains. Speaking to the dead hostages, Netanyahu assured hostage fami families that every captive is accounted for in the deal. Only one thousand Palestinian prisoners will be freed in exchange, with murder convicts barred from returning to the West Bank. Instead, they'll be sent to Gaza cutter or Turkey, And you got to wonder out loud, you know, did anybody ask Gaza Cutter or Turkey if they were interested in getting the murderers back or deported to their countries? They say, to ceasefire also is negotiated in some humanitarian aid to Gaza. Up to six hundred trucks of supplies entering daily by the twenty second day. Keep dwelling on where do they came up with these specific days This placed residents will be allowed to return to northern Gaza.
Speaker 5: Well, queer offit, get.
Speaker 1: Us yeah, Phase three profit. Well, I guess we can be happy that they're not, you know, killing each other on a daily basis. We'll see how it works out. I call me skeptical. You can do that. It's okay, and feel free to call me up and say it to my face. Five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talko with pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Don't forget fifty five cars dot com, get your Heart media app. If you can get a chance to listen to Judge and Paulatana. We defended the Fourth Amendment yesterday in the face of Fiza. Michael Canal's book Blood and the Badge. You can get a copy of that and help out the Cincinnti Classical Academy. Donate a few bucks. They've got new facilities they need to be reworked to allow the free classical education to take place for an even ever growing number. What a wonderful, wonderful opportunity for young people presented by the Cincinnati Classical Academy. So if you can help them out, check out what the doctor hero there had to say yesterday by checking out the podcast page. I'll be right back. Hang around. This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station. Is your retirement plan missing a piece? At Brown Financial Advisors? And it's five twenty one Happy Friday, eved I on three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three Taco with County fifty on eight and t phones. The Trump effect may have had an impact on the Israeli Jimasies fire hostage deal, and I think the Trump effect is also having an impact on the FDA, which in the last moment of the Biden administration, is busily churning out new rules. For example, the the the the rules curbing the levels of nicotine in cigarettes. You know, I'm I'm of the mind that FBA could completely ban cigarettes right there. Aren't good for you. They cause cancer, they cause insurance claims to go up. Because they are responsible and connected to direct correlation between smoking cigarettes and cancer and other diseases, you know, blood pressure, cardiovascular problems. They could just outright ban them. Remember the Biden administration was going to ban menthol cigarettes outright, but oh oh, and they can't do that. Apparently black people and a higher percentage smoke menthol cigarettes, and they found that to be a political minefield, so they backed off of that. So now they're just going to go after the nicotine levels. And it's been observed by folks who've studied this that if you lower the nicotine and cigarettes, they're still going to have some in there. It's just going to be reduced to a certain amount. But that's going to cause people who are already addicted to smoking and the nicotine that the cigarettes provide to smoke more cigarettes. You're not getting the same nicotine infusion into your body, so you make up with it by smoking more. It makes perfect sense, but you ask yourself. The question, why don't they just ban them outright? If there's such an evil and a danger. And we've all known this since nineteen sixty four Surgeon General report came out in spite of the tobacco companies fighting against it. They ended up paying dearly for that effort. That was the tobacco litigation. But I mean, if the FDA's job is to protect us, then why why not just say I'm sorry, they're illegal, They're banned, you cannot have them because of all the damage they do. Well. US Food and Drug Administration officially banned red dye anyway, red number three erythrazine, and it's been banned from foods, dietary supplements, and ingested medicine. According to release yesterday from the Associated Press, food manufacturers must remove the dye from their products by drummer LL Maestro random date January twenty twenty seven. Drug manufacturers, on the other hand, have until January twenty twenty eight to remove the red dye from their products. Now, I don't think red dye has any connection with solving or curing any particular disease state or pain or symptom. The red dyece is for color. So what's the problem with pharmaceutical is just pulling it out of their products in advance of January twenty twenty eight. Why do they get an extra year. I'm just asking for friends. Any foods imported in the United States and other countries also be sub to the new regulation. According to Jim Jones, FDA's DEW Commissioner for Human Foods, they have a division. The FDI is taking action that remove the authorization for the use of fd and c RED number three in the food, ingestin and drugs. Evidence shows cancer and laboratory mail rats expose the high levels of fd and c red number three. Importantly, the way that fdn c red number three causes cancer and mail rats does not occur in humans. So is this being done to protect rats? Joe is, because it causes cancer and rats, but it doesn't cause it in humans. Yeah. As Fox News reports, it's us as a color additive in food and ingested drugs to give them a quote bright cherry red color. Close quote. Now, I guess I will I will nod and acknowledge that in terms of drugs that we are all used to the pills that we take and the color helps us desire to determine which pill it is, and some some people I suppose, are eating like dozens of different pharmaceuticals every day and they just identify by, oh, the red pill. I need to take the red pill. And if they take it out, the red pill is no longer going to be red, It's going to be white or something. So maybe that's in an effort to stay the confusion that some consumers and drug takers might have. But I have a feeling that this has largely to do with something that RFK Junior had commented on previously, because he's huge, huge, huge against all the additives that are going into our foods generally speaking. So there you go. But they won't ban cigarettes, So ban FD and see red number three five twenty six. It's five KCD talk station. Not that I'm advocating that they ban them. You have the right to abuse yourself. I suppose that's part of being a human being. Stick around. We've got more to talk about local stories coming up, and phone calls are quite welcome to stick around. Place fifty five The talk station Monster BTK, the latest installment of The Critical Joe is deciding that he wants to have a bet On when Hamas is going to fire the first rocket? How many days into the ceasefire deal, Willy Well just randomly start chucking rockets and missiles into Israel. What day did you pick Joe the twenty first? You said that they don't work on Martin Luther King Junior day. I will acknowledge Joe cracksby up all time anyhow. And this is a sad thing. I mean, it's positive on a lot of levels, but it's really sad going to local stories, I've got so many fond memories of Morgan's canoe livery and canoe rental. It's called Morgan's Canoe and Outdoor Adventures. It's closing the Little Miami River location after sixty years. And I know the Morgan family. I knew Rob Morgan was one of my fraternity brothers. He's a great guy, and his mom and dad started this. They were just really, really wonderful advocates for the environment. And when they opened up the canoe delivery, the idea was that the canoes would be sort of rented, but they didn't cost any money as long as you brought back garbage. And there was a ton of garbage all over the place. People used to dump things into the Little Miamay River all the time, and that's how it all got started. They cared so much about the environment they were going to put their resources to getting people to just help clean it up. So it's been a great success. Rented canoes from Morgan's a bunch of times over the years. And then when I met Rob in college and we went up to the delivery and got kayaks and we went down the river together. So anyway, Rob were out there, I had great time doing that. Anyway, Kayak and Canoe Delivery announced the closure on social media on Wednesday, calling it a bittersweet could buy. The livery in Fort h And, Ohio, first open in nineteen sixty four, also had several cabins in a campground area along the alongside the canoe rental area. Morgan family wrote in a statement, this is a perfectly beautiful ending to our lifelong stewardship of the river, the legacy of this river and its importance to the people and wildlife we live on through so many conservation efforts. And they announced that over twenty five acres at the Warren County location we protected land through a collaborative effort between the Little Miami Conservancy and the Hot Department Natural Resources and the Susan Gare Peters Foundation. The statement read to our loyal customers and community, thank you for sixty amazing years together we've created memories of a lasted lifetime and helping sure the Little Miami River remains a treasure for future generations. Now, for their part, Morgan's are still going to keep the location in Brookville, Indiana one and twenty. Location sits in the Whitewater River and offers canoe, kayak, rafting, tubing trips as well as camping options. So morgan Rental will continue in part, but the famous Fort Ancient, Ohio area location and well, I guess a park. Now we'll see what the terms of conditions of that and whether we'll be able to use those facilities ourselves and enjoy nature. Thirty three year old man dead after a rollover crash having an I two seventy five early yesterday morning. According to the Coraine Police Department, happened in the westbound lanes of I two seventy five near I seventy five just before four to a m. A driver in a single vehicle rolled over multiple times, appearing to have landed at its top on the just off the road, please said. The driver and the passenger were critically injured, both taking a UC medical center. Robert Anthony Simmons was pronounced dead there, according to police. Not clear if he was the driver or the passenger. Police also did not say the current condition of the other person in the vehicle. Crash apparently resulted in the hire entire highway being closed during the morning commute while Cruise worked to clean up. The interstate reopened at eight am. Police are investigating alcohol as a factor and it does remain under investigation by Coraine's police traffic unit. But if you have information, the cole Ran Travick you know, would love to hear from you five one three three two one, twenty six seventy seven and House Speaker Matt Huffman here in Ohio just a month ago, city wanted to drastically change the state's marijuana WA. Marijuana marijuana WA. Say it, Brian, apparently change your heart. Morgantrowe WCPO reporting these backtrack on at least some of his proposed restrictions after meetings with state House was resident marijuana enthusiast back in twenty twenty three November election, we overwhelmingly passed issue too, allowing adults twenty one and over to smoke, vape and ingest weed. Individual highlands are now able to grow six plants with up to twelve per household. Dispensaries now can sell recreationally and they have been since August, the last year. Aja Carabello with amplified dispensary said to Morgan Trowe, it was a front row seat for history on that day back in August. Great to see new customers coming in over the month after month into the regulated market here in Ohio, he said. Store location have roughly fifty two thousand unique customers since the launch. He said the state reports more than two hundred and sixty five million dollars in adult use sales since January eleven. How about that, you said. Smoke shops, though, are stealing buyers from the well licensed marijuana stores with Delta eight products that are not regulated or tested. He noted the folks should be looking for the green DCC sticker on their dispensary doors so they know they're entering into a license facility with saved products at Delta eight, described by many as not safe let's see here. According to Huffman last month, there were some fundamental flaws in the initiative that was introduced and passed by the voters, which you will usually have when there's not a vetting from all sides. The build that the Senate passed last December addressed many of those things. They passed the build a restrict marijuana, decrease the THC content, and raise costs, among dozens of other restrictions and changes to what the voters shows. It would ban the vast majority of vapes. It would also limit homegrown marijuana from twelve plants down to six. Upan said, the amount of home growth it's happening, of course, is far beyond the use for one or two people who may be growing it at home. The only reason that someone will be growing that much weed is to resell it. Oh yeah, let's see. But he has backpedaled apparently recently. Upman said, it seems that folks are kind of take talking a lot about that home growth thing. I just don't think it's really that big a deal in terms of this issue. Oh, I don't think anybody realistically is suggesting that we're going to repeal the legislation or legalization of marijuana. He said, I'm not for it. I wasn't for the casinos coming Intohio either, But there's lots of stuff that's parts of our constitution in the law that I don't like. So backpedal. He is five point thirty six coming up a five thirty seven fifty five ks the talk station. We got a stacker stupid to dive on into in a moment. But if you have HVAC issues, problems concerned, you need a repair, you need a maintenance upkeep, you need a new unit, you need a new system, call Zimmer. It's easy to set to a point with Zimmer at the website Go Zimmer dot com. And they've been at this for more than seventy five years, three generations of Zimmer family members help them make sure your homes are safe and comfortable and efficient. They are of course carrier licensed, carriers, distributors and sellers, and they can install a new carrier unit in your home. You'd be glad you got one of those. So if you need a new HVAC system, turn to my friends at Zimmer Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning. To get in touch with Chris Zimmer by telephone. Please tell them, Brian said, how when you do five one three five one ninety eight ninety three, they'll treat you right. The price is always right. The service is superior five one three, five two one ninety eight ninety three. Or again, go Zimmer dot com fifty five KRC dot com. Hey, it's Bobby Bonds. Shot nine first one and one forecast breezy overcasts, some snow showers. High thirty three today, down at twenty three overnight with cloudy skies, mostly sun tomorrow on up for thirty nine Friday night. It's going to be rainy towards midnight, maybe after wintery mixes possible in the northern areas. Thirty three to the low and a Saturday the rainal COATINU with Thadi skuys in a high forty twenty six degrees. Right now, it's time for first traffic, but.
Speaker 5: You see how traffic centat. Don't let injuries slow you down the U see Health Orthopedics and sports medicine experts can keep you moving. Schedule a same day appointment at you see health dot com. Highway traffic in pretty good shape this morning. No major time delays to deal with it all, including southbound two seventy five across the Carrol Cropper Bridge and the ongoing roadwork there northbound fourth seventy one wide opening brand in Bend seventy four problem free, Chuck King a month fifty five k R and see the talk station by forty one.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station and a happy Friday Eve to looking round at Fort Heaven, Senator Rampaul on the seven o'clock hour after we talked with Donald and Neil from Americans for Prosperity, feel free to call love hearing from you if you got something to say five one three, seven nine fifty two to three talk over to the stack is stupid? Follow along with me? Shall you or William? We go to Harwinton, Connecticut. Two people set to face the Connecticut judge in connection with a manslaughter case that happened there last July. Logan Diaz Lopardo Logan is twenty one Abigail Whipple. She's twenty arrested earlier in the week, stemming from an investigation began back in July when twenty four year old Kevin Gangle was struck and killed on Clearview Avenue, struck by an automobile. Police claimed that this Diaz Lopardo guy was driving the car and Whipple was his passenger. The girl court to the police support Whipple and Gangle. The victim dated for over a year, and the night before the crash, Gangle and Whipple, the dead guy and the gal got into an argument. Next morning, the girl, Whipple found Gangle had blocked her phone number, which angered her, according to police, so she reached out to her friend, this Diaz Lopardo guy. Ah, Yes, Joe Streckery hit the nail on the head on that one. She told police that she was not interested romantically in Diaz Lopardo, but he was obsessed with her and would do anything for her. Don't be that guy, she tell it told troopers, but I kind of let him on a little bit sometimes. I didn't want to hurt him, you know what I mean, like I would always say. One day, state police told Whipple they wanted to take her phone in for the investigation. She said out loud, I mean, maybe I've threatened Gangle, but I didn't mean nothing, And I said everything I say is out of impulsivity. After connecting collecting snapchack snapchack chat text between Diaz, Lopardo and Whipple. Police, of course got them the morning of the crash. Police noted in messages Whipple asked this Dias Lopardo guy, can we beat his ass please? And you I want him hurt. She also sent a message to her former boyfriend Gangle, the dead guy, minutes before the crash, saying I warned you. That's when Diaz and Whipple hit Gangle with DIA's Lopardo's car. According to state police, Gangle thrown seventy feet and died. As a consequence. DIA's Laparto charge with manslaughter in the first degree with intent to injure, manslaughter in the first degree with grave risk of death, and conspiracy to commit manslaughter in the first degree. Whipple, the former girlfriend, was charged with conspiracy to commit manslaughter in the first degree accessory to manslaughter in the first degree. As a part of five hundred thousand dollars bond, Whipple a quarter of a million dollar bond. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots, without question. I don't understand. Don't understand. I guess I'm not supposed to because it doesn't make any blanket sense. Emory Federal Credit un makes awesome sense. It's a great way to bank, better way to bank. Emory hometown banking at its finest and great rates and pleasant customer services. It's not, you know, like one of those institutional you're just a number of kind of feelings get at the big banks. And you'll find that out if you become a member with Federal Confederal Emory Federal Credit Union and take my advice and do that, and you can earn twenty five dollars and twenty five dollars later. And how do you do that, Well, you become a member. You're both going to get a reward of twenty five dollars because you, as a member will refer friends and colleagues to Emory, letting them know about the benefits of banking with Emory, and they'll get twenty five when they become a member, and you'll get twenty five for referring them. Just a little extra cash to help you and your loved ones unlock the world of financial opportunities. It's good marketing and you'll be glad you're banking with Emory. So check it out online. Go to EMORYFCU dot org for all the details. Certain restrictions do apply and you can learn about that there. But you can also learn about the benefits of banking with Emory ANIMLS number four zero one zero eight seven, federally ensured by NCUA Equal Housing Lender fifty five KRC.
Speaker 6: The talk station is your New Year's resolution to stop procrastinating.
Speaker 1: Breezy overcasts and isolated snow showers. Today, High A thirty three done A twenty three overnight with thoty sky, sunny tomorrow with I have thirty nine overnight rain and a wintery mix is possible in the northern areas. Thirty three for the low A high A forty on Saturday, with more rain overnight clouds during Saturday during the day twenty seven degrees. Right now, time for traffic.
Speaker 5: From you see up Traffic Center. Don't let injury slug you down. Do you see health Orthopedics and sports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule same day appointment at you see health dot Com. Highways in pretty good shape this morning, no rex to deal with, and I'm not seeing any weather issues at the moment. Stop pen seventy one wide open pass fighter in the Reagan Highway before getting into Kinwood in ben seventy fourth under five minutes north Bend to seventy five Chuck King Ramont fifty five krc LEAVE talk station.
Speaker 1: Five forty nine coming up a five fifty fifty five KRCD talk station. Havey Friday Eve back over the stack is stupid? Man in Florida arrested last month after police alleged he made sexual contact with a horse. Why are you doing that? Specifically, endeavoring to engage in sexual activity with the horse's nose. Why are you doing that? TMZ reporting on this one got the arrest affidavit for a guy named Donald Callaway, fifty three year old man who was arrested in December in Lake Wells, Florida. Document reports a police said they got a call about alleged sexual activities involving an animal. Cops say the unnamed witness told him that she saw a man pleasuring himself next to the head of a twenty eight year old horse named Raven, which is also alleged The man was well, yeah, yeah, endeavoring to use the horse's nose. I can't. I know. I'm struggling with fec compliance in some measure of decency, which is impossible at this juncture. Cops also say witness claims that this man continue to pleasure himself while touching the horse. Cops say they received a video from the witness showing exactly what she described to them. Obviously say the video doesn't actually show Callaway actually in, you know, completing the nose effort, but they did add that his actions then movements make it seem like he is certainly trying to police confront of Callaway. According to the document, they say, Calloway called the decision domb, adding I have had any sex in probably two months, and maybe it was just a sexually frustrated moment. Rested and booked on one kind of sexual contact with animals. According to online records, he was still in jail as of the time of the reporting. Hey look at this karma, poetic justice. Black Lives Matter co founder Patrese Colors said she had apparently two of her luxurious mansions go up in flames in the Los Angeles wildfires. Triesce Colors came to prominence and I underscore the word wealth amid fiery protests and riots that swept across America advocating for social justice and change. She's well now in for some her own change these mansions. Obviously, in these very upscale neighborhoods, symbols of success funded by the donations meant to support a movement against systemic inequal an organization that was founded on Marxism. It's my main criticism with Marxism man that people in power always live like lords and kings. Anyhow, witnesses report that is the fire and gulf one of the spranging estates, a crowd gathered not in an effort to put the flames out, but to watch it unfold. So I'm suggesting that they were there for the return on their investment. One onlooker reported saying, it's like watching all that BLM money go up and smoke. Guess this is why what they mean by burning down the system. Oh that's rich, isn't it. Go to Pittsburgh, where a woman there is accused of getting two underage boys drunk and then trying to sexually assault one of them after police say they came to her house asking to show or walk away for money. What police said the two boys were walking along a wind gap avenue asking residents that they needed their walkways or driveways. Shovel Rochelle Stuart allegedly gave him alcohol. Officers showed up to the department building about nine pm Wednesday, where they found the two boys, who looked to be around age twelve or thirteen, and the police described highly intoxicated. Boys told officers they've been asking residents along the road about getting the driveway shoveled, and they say Stuart agreed to pay them five dollars to shovel her front walkway. Documents for fourth that Stuart allegedly invited them inside for hot chocolate. Then was when the alcohol was offered. Courd to police, Stewart gave the boys multiple drinks consisting of vodka and wine until they were drunk, and then one of the boys told police that when he was drunk, Stuart sat down next to him and put her leg over his and then touched him inappropriately. Do what the hell. Boys immediately left, but they had to go back after realizing one of them forgot their coat. That's when police showed up. Stuart denied letting the boys in, but police found the victim's coat on her couch, along with half a gown of uh well a vodka half empty. One of the boys also took a video of Stuart sitting with the other rubbing his shoulder and arm. See there's always a video out there, folks. Stuart was arrested.
Speaker 7: In him serious, the biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche than you.
Speaker 1: There isn't a day that goes by there isn't one of these stories out there along the same lines, whether it's a teacher or a neighbor or someone down the street. And we've talked about grooming. It's not a laughing matter. This is crazy stuff going on in the world. But Lord Almighty, you'd think in this day and age that the adults would wake up to the fact that someone's going to talk, someone's going to have video or photographs of what you're doing, the illegal, immoral, inexcusable conduct that you're engaged in. And the idea that an adult would actually tend, not in this case, but any other adult would actually text a minor and document and verify that they are grooming or otherwise engage in some sort of sexual activity with them is beyond my comprehension. It's also beyond my comprehension that would happen in the first place, but incriminating. You're dealing with children here. They're going to talk amongst themselves and share the information with their friends. You are going to get caught and thank God for it. Five fifty six fifty five kr see the talk station. Don't go away, We'll be right back after the top of the our news your voice. Thank you for dalling McColl your country.
Speaker 8: Thanks refreshing for here it every day.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station, Monster beat six or six to fifty five care the talk station. Very Happy Friday, Eve ten, Brian Thomas looking forward to fast forward one hour. Donovan and Neil returns from Americans for prosperity of supporting Trump's tax cuts, well for Ohio families but ultimately for all families. Firm believer in allowing you to spend your money where you want to spend it, and the government not taking it. Government's two bigs taking on too much responsibilities and it isn't ever satisfied with the money it takes from us. Look how much is overspending has been going on? And Biden has patting himself on the back last night and a rather rambling and confusing speech under his watch. I think eight trillion dollars in additional debt has been racked up, eight trillion dollars. Never satisfied with the taxes that go into government. Senator Ran Paul hit me on at seven thirty. He got a whole bunch of things to talk about with the Senator. Eight toh five with doctor James Thorpe, the book Sacrifice. He bucked the system in connection with the COVID nineteen vaccine, and uh well he went through hell to do it, and he's going to be talking about that sacrife, how the deadliest vaccine in history targeted the most vulnerable. Sit on the edge of your seat waiting for that one. I certainly am. And then Jay Ratliffe at eight thirty I heard media aviation expert Jay ratlt we'll talk about Southwest Airline pilots reporting to work, drunk, Department of Transportation suing Jet Blue over chronically delayed flights and now Frontier in Southwest apparently next plus hub delays and anything else that Jay and I decide we want to talk about. I enjoy my conversation with Jay, and I sure hope you do too. I've enjoyed my conversation with you too, encourage people to call up you've got something you want to talk about five one three seven, eight hundred eight two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. The numbers keep changing. It's like the fog of war. How much is it going to cost? How much damage has been done out in Los Angeles? What is the destructive the dollar amount of the destruction described as the worst fire disaster in history, now apparently courted at ACI Weather, who does crunching of numbers like this, with new damage economic loss now estimated between two hundred and fifty and two hundred and seventy five billion dollars. Accuather pointed out that that amount of money in losses is more than the inflation adjusted damages of two hundred billion dollars from Hurricane Katrina. It's amazing, isn't it. It was just last week the ACU Weather's figure for this total economic damage one hundred and fifty billion dollars. Insured losses believed to be around twenty billion. That number has gone up a little bit since then. But remember insured losses or the losses that are actually covered by insurance companies because there is an insurance policy and there's a whole lot of folks in this mix that do not have insurance. We'll get to some details on that in a moment, but I just this is kind of mind blowing. I do do not know how people manage. According to IRS data data analyzed by JPM, the average home in the area and you've heard this figure before, the Pacific Palisades area, right, you know what it is? Three point five million dollars average. But JPM reports that more than half of the tax returns in that area alone report an adjusted gross income of under two hundred thousand dollars. How do you make a mortgage payment on a three and a half million dollar home when you only make something less than two hundred thousand dollars. In Altadena, by contrast, the average home there is still in excess of one point two million dollars, but more than eighty percent of the tax filings show incomes below two hundred thousand dollars, with more than sixty percent in the Altadena era area reporting less than one hundred thousand dollars. I don't that, Oh question mark, why would you live there? How could you live there? But you got to remember a lot of those folks have been in these houses for decades and their value went up. Of course, the mortgage tied to what your mortgage, and you know it was at the time you bought the house something less than probably the current or former market value of the homes in those areas. So they were sitting on millions of dollars and untapped equity, I guess unearned gains. But as to the insurance market, the reason so few people have insurance out there is because of well, California's owner's insurance regulations, which prohibit insurance companies from adjusting premiums that actually reflect what the risk is. Many insurance companies left the state of California because of that. And guess what, you know, who's going to be paying for the damages on this I know you're going to say you you probably will be because the federal government would come in with, I don't know, something more than the seven hundred and seventy five dollar check that Joe Biden was handing out to people who've been displaced by the fires. But they're in for a real wake up call. California's Fair Plan described as the insurer of last resort there, which sells fire policies, fire damaged policies to homeowners who can't find an insurance company out there in the world or can't afford the insurance of the premium for the insurance if they can even find it. And there's been some changes to the California Fair Plan rules advocated by the insurance companies. They were previously on the hook, all right, So you go to the insurer last resort fair and Fair has x number of dollars to cover the cost of claims. If the number of dollars to cover the cost of claims is exceeded, then the insurance companies have to bail them out. The insurance companies did this and agreed to this as a consequence or for the right to do business in californ there's your law on the books. Listen, if you want to sell insurance policies in state of California, you have to agree to pro rate your your share of the market to cover anything that Fair can't cover. The new rules allow insurance companies to build their customers if they're forced to bail out the plan. So guess who's going to get the bill for this. It's going to show up on your premium. So, for its part, Fair has an estimated two hundred million dollars in cash. Remember the figure I just gave you a two hundred and fifty billion dollars in damage. They have two hundred million in cash. There is reinsurance, but it only amounts to two point five billion dollars. So there's your total pool of money in the fair plan to cover what losses there are. Accordingly, the insurance companies are going to be asked for a distribution unbelievable, and they point out that fairs business. In other words, people turning to the insurer of last resort balloon after private insurers pulled back to the state because the state wouldn't less them adjust premiums to well deal with the risk models that they were looking at which warned of likely massive fires. Insurance companies are good at figuring out where the natural disasters are coming and considering that California has had a multitude of fires over the years, Yeah, you have to rate for that. Analystic morning Star DBRs now forecast insured insured losses of up to thirty billion dollars. So that's the only amount out there in the insurance world. That's the highest for any fire world in recent times. But thirty billion dollars is for homes that actually had insurance policies, and they point out as reading this journal article, the Fair Plan wasn't set up as a typical insurer. Of course, it's a state run thing, so it doesn't work right. It operates with very little care in the bank. Two hundred million dollars again for the purpose of keeping rates down, so policyholders can actually afford to pay for the Fair policy. But if they don't have enough to cover the losses, huh. Fair Plan required to take all comers, meaning it has customers heavily concentrated in fire prone areas and apparently with very wealthy or expensive homes alta Dinas zip code alone. Fair ensured almost one billion dollars of properties at the end of September last year, and that's up forty seven percent from the prior year. So if they run out of their financial resources over at Fair, the state can call on the commercial home insurers to pay the rest of the claims by opposing imposing the an assessment, an assessment roughly proportionate to each insurer's share of the home insurance market. And if the Fair Plan blows through the two hundred million which it clearly will, and the two point five billion dollars it has in reinsurance, it's going to need more money because of the rule change late last year of the state's insurance commissioner, Ricardo Laras said by the insurance Commissioner, I don't know if he waived his pen and change it or was a legislative change, but it was changed. The companies can now add to their customers bills fifty percent of the first one billion dollars of an assessment and one hundred percent of any amounts over that, subject to his agreement. Of course, since the insurance rates are already going through the roof out in California, it's going to really, really, really sting. They set up this fair plan, they say back in the nineteen sixties when the Watts riots led to a bunch of fire damage in La prompting commercial insurance to pull out. And they did not just then, but they continue to pull out. Seven of the twelve biggest home insurers in the state stopped or restricted sales of new policies, saying rates allowed by regulators are insufficient to compensate for wildfires and other losses. Again, you know, this is the puppets. String masters in government don't get insurance. Apparently, you can't tell an insurance company it can't rate for the risk. The insurance company will either leave or go out of business because they don't have enough money on hand to cover the cost of a catastrophic fire. That's just the natural order of things. So I guess the point being is only going to get a lot worse than California. From an insurance perspective, you should let market forces dictate the terms of condition. This will allow people and force people to make responsible choices. This is the point that was brought up the other day. Let's see here, I'm going to buy a three point five million dollar home, and my insurance is going to cost me some un godly amount every single year just to cover for the case of fire. And there's a huge fire risk around here, which is why the insurance company is charging me an ungodly amount for premiums. They have to be able to cover the losses HM is insurance that much down there where there's not a fire risk. Let me check. Oh no, maybe I should buy down there where the houses are cheaper and the fire risk is in as bad and my insurance won't cost it damn much. Matt to get you called a second, just looked up and saw you were there on the line. I want to mention foreign exchange first. For traditional import manufactured cars from Asia and Europe, it's foreign exchange. Save yourself some money. We're talking about money a lot this these days, and of course inflation's kicking people in the butt. And fixing your car can be very expensive. As everyone who owns an automobile knows a se certified Master technicians at Foreign Exchange will fix your car to your satisfaction. You will get a full warrant yeer on parts and service. They have data access to your manufacturer's technical information, they do software updates and program all of it. And they also service Tesla's too. Just drive out of Foreign Exchange with more money in your pocket as compared to if you took your car to have its service by the dealer. Awesome, and the team in the west Chester location will treat you great. They're wonderful folks and they know what they're doing. And again money savings is very important. It's the west Chester location that's Tylersville exit off of I seventy five East two streets hanging right on Kinglin and you're there five one three six four four twenty six, twenty six. Please tell them, Brian said, Hi five one three six four four twenty six, twenty six online foreign X four in the letter X dot com fifty five KRC. It's gotta be a breezy day, overcast day with some isolated snow showers and a high of thirty three twenty three overnight with cloudy skies, uh sunny tomorrow high of thirty nine overnight rain after midnight wintery mix is possible and the northern area is full of thirty three and then if high a forty on Saturday, it'll be a cloudy day and they say rain will continue overnight. Right now twenty seventygreeness, Let's get a trap update from the uc UP Traffic Center.
Speaker 5: Don't let injuries slow you down. The u SEE Health Orthopedic Sands supports medicine experts get help keep you moving, schedule a same day appointment au seehealth dot com. Highway traffic and pretty good shape for the exception of a wreck. Northbound seventy one's ramped and data in Montgomery traffic is not backing on to seventy one northbound four seventy one. That's doing fine past Grand and bound seventy four is problem free chucking Vermont fifty five krs. The talk station.
Speaker 1: Six twenty two. If you ABOUCRCD talk station, you're gonna go to the phones. If you'll at calm, feel free five one three seven, fight two to three talk man, thanks for holding on the breg Welcome to the morning show.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Brian, I have a potential solution to these problems with these fires. Yeah, and it works on multiple levels. It doesn't just correct that issue, it corrects the many issues.
Speaker 7: I believe.
Speaker 9: What you do is you go in and you harvest the dead wood and the undesirable trees. You bring the wood back to a power generation plant, you burn it. What you do is there's a it'll make biochar. You can ask Ron Wilson about what biochar is.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 9: The biochar is extracted out and UH it's returned back to the forest and that will improve the soil of the forest. It also will control weather because wood is a insulator, biochar is a conductor. And what happens is when you have winds blown across the earth can it makes static electricity. If it doesn't go back into the soil, it goes up and makes storm, big storms which will make tornadoes and lightning strikes which burn down buildings and such, it kills people. The biochar will reduce that and it'll it'll even out the weather situation. So you're making electricity, you're improving the soil, you're reducing dangerous fires, and you're helping the weather out.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I can't argue with you because I've never heard of the biochart before today, or it's impact on the environment. I guess the only thing I see here, and I think it's what's been one of the larger impediments now environmental litigation and NIMBI litigation when people try to engage in any fire deterrent project, and there have been a multitude of proposals in California to clear out all that stuff. Clearing it out is one thing. What you do with it along your lines is a different story. But you got to clear it out first. So getting the work done has never been done, or has been has fallen behind unbelievably. So in spite of the efforts and the money that's been allocated to do it, so you still have the challenge of actually engaging in the gathering. And if you can't gather, you can't do anything with it. So I mean, they are theories are the worst enemies themselves out in California along those lines. So I guess I can't argue that it wouldn't be a good idea if it works as you describe. But considering the I mean, think about it. If fifty thousand acres have been burned, that is a huge amount of land, and I just I'm trying to imagine the amount of workforce and labor that would be necessary to do that gathering and to do that clearing, And where do you start. I mean, I think of my daughter in Eric or fiance. They are trying to they're in the process of and over time, I guess it will ultimately be done and getting rid of all the invasive honeysuckle that's on their property. Fortunately it's around the perimeter. Most of their land is open and farmable, but there are so many of those things. I mean, they spent days and they only ended up getting out the tiniest fraction. I know, it's just one, you know, a couple of people working, but when you expand the amount of gathering that needs to be done over countless acres across an entire state. Because they've got this problem elsewhere in California, it just seems like a Sissifian challenge. I don't know. If they do the gathering, maybe there's something there that can be done with it along the lines of what you're saying, Bobby, hang on and get your call right after we come back. I want to mention QC Kinetics and a lot of people out there living with pain, arthritis pain, knee pain, hip pain, shoulder pain, back pain. And you know, I am certain like so many people that I know. Even you're seeing the doctor, you're getting yoursteroid injections or what other kind of injections you get, and you're maybe talking about surgery, Well maybe stop that and talk about living a life of comfort this year without surgery or medications. And if you're a good candidate for QC kinetics new treatments, well they may be able to get you there. That's what you want is and the nation's leader in regenerative cellular treatments technology. You're giving peace like you an option other than surgery than all natural approach that uses your own bodies natural healing abilities and they concentrate that right where the problem is, dealing with your arthritic plane. So QC Kinetics, they have been life changing for so many people, tens of thousands of satisfied patients across the country getting some relief with QC kinetics. So you can have real, lasting relief from chronic joint pain without drugs, without surgery, and no down time. Imagine that. So why not talk to him. It's a free consultation. Get QC Kinetics to call and schedule that appointment. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine one more time. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine fifty five KRC.
Speaker 5: Turn up your radio.
Speaker 1: Here's a Sean handed any morning minute.
Speaker 10: Adam Schiff is a congenital wire. He has no business being in the US Senate. But of course, the people of California, that's why with everything that's going on out there and all of this this that could have been prevented, and they practice basic common sense, you know the science of forestry and removing brush the kindling for fires and having control burns and doing the things that you would normally do to prevent forest fires. You know, it's it's just, it's just sad. But I bet that Gavin Newsom, if you ran tomorrow, would probably win. And if Kamala runs in two years, she'll probably win. And the congenital wire one is the people of California don't even seem to care.
Speaker 3: Check out the Sean Hannity radio show later today.
Speaker 2: Right here.
Speaker 11: The election is officially over, but is your money still at risk? We still have a staggering thirty five trillion dollars in debt. Interest on this debt now costs more than our entire defense budget for the first time in history. On top of that, we're still feeling the consequences of the brutal inflation we saw under Biden and the global chaos ripping across the globe. That's why thousands of concerned Americans are turning to precious metals to help hedge against these threats, and they're reaching out to the top rated precious metals company, gold Co to make it happen. Gold Co has over six thousand five star reviews and has helped people just like you purchase over two and a half billion dollars in gold and silver. Right now, they're offering a free gold and silver kit to help you diversify your savings. Visit Hannitygold dot com or call eight five five eight one five gold to get your copy free of charge. Plus you could receive up to a ten percent instant match on bonus silver for qualified accounts. Visit Hannitygold dot com or call eight five five eight one five gold. That's Hannitygold dot com.
Speaker 12: It's just like my car radio on my phone.
Speaker 1: Janel nine, first one to WETHERFOCASS got a breezy day to day Overcass isolated snow showers in a high of thirty three down to twenty three over night with cloudy sky, sunny tomorrow thirty nine for the high. Rain is likely overnight Friday after midnight. They say a wintery mix is certainly possible in the northern areas thirty three below and I high forty On Saturday. There'll be a cloudy day then rainback overnight twenty seven. Right now, time for traffic.
Speaker 5: From the UC Help Traffic Center. Don't let injury slow you down. The UC Health orthopedic sand sports medicine experts can help keep you moving schedule with same day appointment at u S Health dot com. There's an accident northbound seventy one's ramp to Dana in Montgomery, but other than that, traffic in pretty good shape and I'm not seeing a huge delay to get by back wreck. Southbound seventy one is doing just fine in no trouble. On to seventy five. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty one. Here a fifty five KRCD talk station five car Sea dot com. Get your podcasts when you can't listen live, For example, to Alex Chantefilo talking about who might be jd Vance's replacement. Of course, the Wine's going to make that decision on his own. I said it was going to be John Houston. You see, President Donald Trump is uh well saying, hey, VvE Gramma swimming, you should consider the appointment to the US Senate seat. That's Trump's I guess preference supposed to He's egging vveck On to consider doing that, which I believe he is. That may be who Trump wants question. Do you think Mike Dwine will listen to anything Trump has to say in connection with his selection to replace to fill the Jdvan's seat. Let's go to the phone. Who A, Bobby's got Bobby, thanks for holding over the breake there. Welcome to the.
Speaker 2: Program, Happy authority, my brother. I got a couple points i'd like to bring up if I may.
Speaker 5: You may.
Speaker 1: That's why I let people call. I like to hear points people want to make.
Speaker 2: Well, since eon' Muskari has an all of a sudden the White House, I mean, you know, we got to have a place for Vvek to go. And I think him being a senator would be great. But Mike DeWine, you know how he is. I think he listening to the show yesterday. I think somebody's trying to put him up for sainthood.
Speaker 1: That's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Man. I'll tell you what, man, it was like pulling a ten pound vack you want or none in the sack yesterday?
Speaker 1: Jeez, And.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got one more honeysuckle. Tell them to get more goats and some uh, you know, cable and stuff. And you don't eat that honeysuckle right up?
Speaker 1: They love it. Really, you don't get don't goats is pretty much eat everything.
Speaker 2: They love honeysuckle you put them on a cable. They're only gonna go so far.
Speaker 1: I suppose that that may be true. I don't think they'd have any uh any aversion to actually getting a goat, just let it run around the farmland and eat whatever the hell it wants. But well, I guess you know, if they eat the honeysuckle, the tree or the plant itself will stay there. If they eat all the leaves off it, won't they just grow back. I mean, I thought you had to actually cut it off at the base and then dump round up on it or some other you know, weed killer or brush killer type product.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. I'm not into the chemicals or anything like that, but you know, I think the goats would be a good start.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll pass that tip along to him. We'll see if they go for a Bobby, have a good one, man, have a good one. Let's see here, what do we got going on in terms of local stories. I'm just so sad about this, the closing of Morgan's canoe livery in Fort Ancient lots of time there, I mean, been renting canoes from them since I was a little kid. And of course, as I mentioned in the last hour of friends with Rob Morgan, who was a fraternity brother of mine, and we did some canoeing out of his place a bunch of different times. I've done the family since the early eighties when I first met Rob. They're just they were the best people, his mom and dad who started the canoe operation because they cared about the environment. Little Miami was just absolutely polluted. It was a dumping ground. They give canoes to people and in return for a promise that they would bring back garbage that they picked up on the canoe trip down the river, and that worked very successfully. Of course, this has been sixty years they've been open. So what they're going to do is they're twenty five acres at that location is going to be protected land. They're working with the Little Miami Conservacy, the Hut Department Natural Resources, and the Susan gear Peters Foundation. So they've donated this land for the purpose of conservation and a statement of the Morgan family said to our loyal customers and community, thank you for sixty amazing years together, we've created memories of a last lifetime and helped ensure the Little Miami River remains a treasure for future generations. So congratulations to the Morgan family for all they accomplished over all these years. Now the other location in Indiana, Brookville, Indiana location that's going to remain open. So if you want to rent from the Morgan family, you can still do that. You just have to go to the Whitewater River in Brookville, Indiana at that location thirty five right now, fifty five krs. The talk station stick around. We've got more to talk about. Of course, we do like to hear from you though. If you've got something to say, have a go a governor to y five one three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eighty two three talk. And something you need to do is get in touch with cover since the John Roman and the team are there to help you with medical insurance and get medical insurance for you for a lot less money. If you're struggling with a price, you can act, you can actually if you want a price you can actually afford. John is saving folks like thirty to sixty percent with better insurance coverage because he and his team work for you. First off, will be note that any information you give the John Roman and his team stays with them. They have an obligation. You do not pass that along, so your information will not be sold to anyone a hip of violation on that. But you give them all the information you can by filling out the form of coversince he dot com. I'm going to ask you a bunch of different questions and they will. Working with two hundred plus insurance companies and with access two thousands of different types of medical policies, they put together a package of insurance that will give you dollar one coverage that will be less money. Couples under sixty five save in five hundred to one thousand dollars a month with better coverage. That sounds great, doesn't it. They improve small businesses bottom line while allowing small businesses to actually get medical insurance for the employees that their employees can afford. It's amazing. They do it every day. It's not going to cost you a dime to get to engage in this process. And once you are insured through cover SINCEY and you'll be glad you are. They will take care of any problems you run into. They're great about that. Don't have to call the insurance company ever to deal with some denied claim or some coverage question. You call John on the team. It's a well oiled machine over there, and they do this every single day. It's a benefit of working with them. Five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five. Start the conversation by calling them up or fill the form out at coversincy dot com. That's coversincy dot com fifty five KRC. Here's your nine first one to weather forecasts. Gonna be breezy today, isolated snow showers and a high have thirty three, cloudy overnight down to twenty three. A sunny day tomorrow with the high of thirty nine, thirty three overnight, with rain likely toward midnight and a wintery mix possible depending on where you are. Overnight low thirty three and a high have forty on Saturday, with cloudy day and a rainy night twenty eight. Right now, time for traffic update Chuck from the UCUT Traffic Center.
Speaker 5: Don't let injury slow you down. The UC Health Orthopedic Sands sports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule the same day appointment at UCHealth dot com. They blocked off the ramp northbound seventy one to Montgomery and Dana to clear the accident. Other than that, traffic in pretty good shape, although southbound two seventy five that is starting to slow onto the Carol Cropper Bridge. Chu Ingraman fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Heyday six forty one. If you bought karsde talk station, love to hear from hi if you've got something to say. If I went three seven, four, nine fifty five, eight hundred eight two to three, talk down five fifty on eight and T phone. Here's one I haven't heard. I mentioned Trump urging vv gramaswam me to try to grab the JD vans seat. Maybe try to persuade Mike Dwine. Maybe Trump is on the phone with Mike Dwine right now. I am convinced personally that it's John Houston. If you heard my conversation with Alex Trantefilo about that, Well, here's a new one. I have not heard this before, but Maureen said and sent me a little mean thing breaking. Trump wants to Ramaswamy for JD's Senate seat. Dwine wants to appoint himself that I had not heard. I'm not saying it's true. I don't know that would take some Huevos, though, wouldn't it Anyways, talking earlier about the sanity that is California in terms of an insurance market with the vast majority of the home the the fire insurers, the homeowners insure insurance companies pulling out of the state within the last several years, and I was talking about it in the context of that insurer of last Resort, that FAIR program they have in California, and so all these folks who couldn't afford insurance or couldn't find an insurer for their homes that were surrounded by Kindling end up getting a policy through Fair. Fair is underfunded substantially, so basically have two point seven million dollars to play with or billion dollars to play with, and you're talking about tens of billions, if not hundreds of billions of dollars in total losses here. Fair is going to be on the hook for a lot of that, since it was only a small percentage of the people there are insured if not through Fair, and a point that I think it's worth making. Insurance US companies aren't dumb, and since they knew by doing business in California, they were going to be responsible for paying for any uninsured or non covered losses under the Fair plan. So you've got let's say, fifty hundred billion dollars in losses. Fair has got a total of two point seven billion dollars to play with. That gets exhausted, they still have to pay for the damage done, so they turn to the insurance companies in pro rate, and the insurance companies have to write them a check to cover everything else. That, of course now is going to be passed along to the currently insured people in California. But at my point on insurance companies leaving the state, they knew damn well that this Fair program wasn't funded fully, and they knew damn well that they were going to be on the hook for the liability. And prior to this recent rule change which now allows the insurance companies to pass it along to the policyholders, they knew they were going to be on the hook for it that could put companies out of business, so they left the state. California set this up up. This is why I did the lead into this batcrap in Sanity Representative Sydney Kalmingder. You probably never heard of her. I hadn't before reading this article from Fox Democratic California was on CNN the other day talking with Sarah Snyder. We need to find out the facts, a full scale investigation on what went wrong, and the CBC, the Congressional Black Caucus, for example, are curious about who decided to sacrifice Alta Dina, a historically black community in the La County area. Now there's your conspiracy theory right there. But I'm not done yet. Going back to the insurance, she says, there's no reason why only two fifths of the folks who had their houses burned down were insured, and why companies are leaving California in droves as well as other disaster prone states. What do you mean you need an investigation? Your insurance commissioner won't allow insurance companies to rate the risk that they are insuring, capping any increases in premium by a I think like ten percent, But even that has to receive approval from the insurance commissioner, which is hard to get. Insurance companies realize they're staring at a massive potential liabilities, so they left there. I answered your question, idiot. Los Angeles fire insurance expert Richard Giller, also on function, is that the state policies to blame for these canceled policies. Lawmakers refused to allow insurance companies increase premium costs for residents in the wake of ever more destructive fires. Consequently, insurance companies are written fewer claims, canceled claims, or even left California entirely. He said. So, the insurance companies tried to seek approval for rate increases in the California Apartment of Insurance, and the Insurance Commissioner decided, you know, they didn't want homeowners to pay more money. It all came to a head with seven of the twelve largest insurance companies pulling out of the state again, question answered, going back to the conspiracy theory, though I got a new one for you today. So question was Altadena's sacrifice. This goes to the whole kind of Lahina. They did it on intentionally thing. So you can couple that general conspiracy theory that's been floating or out there for a while along with the one that I got this morning, which I don't again necessarily believe. But they set houses on fire using their electric smart meters. Yes, it was an intentionally done thing, and they burned houses down by I guess overloading the smart meter with electricity sparking fires. So again i'm not I'm not aligned with that theory. But you see how quickly these things crop up. Six forty six if you have KC detalk station, if you didn't see that one coming a mile away, USA Insulation, get your home insulated. It's the right thing to do. You'd be more comfortable day one. Cold temperatures out there, of course, those aren't going to go away. And guess what, it's going to get hot. The climate changes. It's called seasonal change, right, So it's gonna get hot in the summer. It's already cold out there.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: If your home is properly insulated, you will be far more comfortable, and you'll be able to keep your house at whatever temperature you like. I think of my friend Eric, who just recently turned his heater on. He likes it at like fifty degrees in his house. You're out there, Eric, I know you are. But if you like a warmer home, it's not gonna cost you as much to keep it at whatever temperature is desired. Because USA's foam saves heap loads of money. It's only ninety nine dollars a month interest free, and it's highly likely that you'll you'll save that much money every month. So the bottom line is you will save money, so it will ultimately pay for itself, regardless of what specific dollar amount, but very affordable. What one night out a month, you've got ninety nine dollars a month to cover, and again it's interest free. You'll be eligible for the twelve hundred dollars tax credit next year when you're doing this year's taxes, and you'll enjoy that comfort and savings all year long. So do the right thing. Call them up. It's a free inspection. You're either under insulated or no insulation of those exterior walls. They'll inject that foam in there with the highest R value on the market US intilation dot net to learn more. Thousands and thousands of homes in the area have done the right thing and made this telephone call. It's five one three three eight one three sixty two sixty five one three three eight one foam fifty five KRC your head. Uh breezy. Day to day is slated snow showers and a high of thirty three flaudy over night twenty three for a low sunny skies tomorrow former day two, going up to thirty nine degrees. They say rain around midnight and after overnight. Friday, wintery mixed possible low of thirty three and cloudy skies on Saturday, with rainy overnight forty to high Saturday. It is twenty eight right now in time for traffic from.
Speaker 5: The UC Help Traffic Center. No but injuries slow you down. The UC Health Orthopedic SAMs sports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule a same day appointment at ucehealth dot com. There's an accident northbound seventy one on the RAM to Montgomery Data. That ramp is now blocked to clear that wreck. Elsewhere. Highway traffics starting to build a bit. You'll need a couple of extra Minted's soap two seventy five between the Lawrence per Gramp and the Carrol Cropper Bridge. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC Lead talk Station.
Speaker 1: Six if you want to give about car CE talk station and continuous conversation various elements of the craziness going on in the LA wildfires. Of course, we all find out how unbelievably expensive it is to live there. What the values of these properties are which are just beyond the reach of the average human being. California State of Emergency that was declared by Governor Gavin Newsom on Tuesday bans price gouging for a whole bunch of different things, goods and services, including rental and according to the I Guess the state of emergency, any rent increase above ten percent since the start of the state of the emergency is illegal until the crisis is over. But it's been widely reported that some landlords and agents have been raising prices by far more than the ten percent allowed by California. Get a load of this five bedroom rental and Santa Monica listed for twelve thousand, five hundred dollars a month back in February of last year, up to twenty eight thousand dollars a month, described to one hundred and twenty four percent increase. Joey at twenty thousand dollars a month, you manage that butt, brother, huh. Inside editions, Lisa Guerrero posted on some social media site. Clients of our friend were trying to Lisa house with their home being renovated before the fire. The lease eighteen thousand dollars a month. They were going to sign the papers the day of the fire. Now the people renting want thirty thousand dollars a month. One real estate agent, talking to New York Times, I'm Samir Tapia, said to review more than four hundred listings, revealed nearly one hundred properties that had raised rents above the ten percent. North Hollywood listing went from eight hundred dollars a month to five thousand, seven hundred dollars per month. This is mind boggling. Well furnished Beller home on Zillo twenty nine thousand, five hundred dollars a month, just a month. A few months ago, it was only only fifteen to nine. Why would any wood move there? One listing twenty was previously twenty nine thousand, five hundred dollars month. Now, granted it's a nine thousand, six hundred square foot tutor mansion at bell Air, but it's up to thirty nine thousand dollars per month. Well, if you've got a piece of standing property out in La I'm guessing that if you ignore Gavin Newsom and his cap at ten percent, you can make yourself a heaplow to money. People in times of desperation end up having to do desperate things. And it is you know, I have to say, I know the laws of supply and demand. Are the laws of supply and demand? The housing stock supply has dropped dramatically if you haven't noticed, which means whatever standing in the general area well is going to be under significant demand. Is it unethical and immoral or either to at least look out for your own best interests as a property owner and just put it out there and see what you can get, see what the market will support in terms of the rental rate? Is it illegal or immoral for the governor to just arbitrarily I would say, come up with ten percent as a cap on rent increases. Talk amongst yourselves, stick around, Donald and Neil. Americans for Prosperity joins the program after the top of the air news talk about supporting Trump's tax cuts. Senator Rampaul at seven point thirty, I hope you can be around for those.
Speaker 8: Your voice, Thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 13: Your country gives us all some more to think about.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krc the talk station seven oh six at fifty five RCD talk station, Very Happy Friday. E to Senator ran Paul at the bottom in the hour. In the meantime, Welcome back to the fifty five PRC Morning Show. On the website to refer to people, it's Protect Prosperity Day. Protect Prosperity dot Com with Donovan and Neil from Americans for Prosperity. Donovan, Welcome back to the Morning Show. My friend's good to hear from you today, Brian. Great to be here with you, and I'm telling you these expiring trunk tax cuts. I don't know if you saw the reporting. I got a They was widely reported, but I got it out of Fox News. Ernstin Young did a study on behalf of the American National Associate of Manufacturing. They figured if Congress does not act by the end of this year to preserve the tax cuts and Jobs Acts that they call the Trump tax Cuts, we will lose an estimated five point nine million American jobs and it will impact the economy profoundly. They say the manufacturing sector alone five hundred and forty billion dollars in lost wages of one point eight nine trillion GDP swortfall the manufacturing jobs one point one three seven million manufacturing jobs at one sector alone will be lost if these tax cuts don't remain in place. That's just that's that's some serious numbers. Donovan.
Speaker 14: Well, yeah, that's why we at Americas for Prosperity have launched this Protect Prosperity campaign. It's a twenty million dollar, fifty state campaign that is designed to help raise awareness and apply necessary pressure on Congress to make sure they act, because you're really dealing with two things here, right, We're coming out of four years of Bidenomics, where folks have experienced massive increases in inflation that many folks call a hit in tax and then what the number two punch if Congress fails to act, as you sort of as you outlined there very well, is if the Trump tax cuts from twenty seventeen are allowed to expire, now you're going to see an actual increase, a visible tax increase on your bill, on your paycheck you get every two weeks. And that's why we need to get Congress to act protect Prosperity and make the Trump tax cuts permanent as soon as possible this year.
Speaker 1: So is this effort in terms of how the logistics of the Protect Prosperity work, the twenty million dollar nation nationwide campaign you're talking about, is it to just the raise awareness about these specific points, so the American population is aware that we need these tax cuts in place in order to continue our prosperity. Or are you asking people to take action to get in touch with their elected officials in DC to tell them to pass to keep these taxes at the current level. I mean, how's the effort gonna work? Yeah, I mean, it's what we do best, right.
Speaker 14: I've been You're so many times talking about it, and your listeners give us a hand all the time with it, and we're gonna get out there and get things done right.
Speaker 1: Part of what we're.
Speaker 14: Doing right now is elevating the voices of Ohioans who want to see these tax cuts made permanent, right, connecting them to their member of Congress.
Speaker 1: Because here's what we're gonna do, right.
Speaker 14: We got Bernie Marino elected, We've got great folks like Warren Davidson here in Ohio, Jim Jordan, and many others, Dave Taylor down in Southwest Ohio. They've committed to getting this stuff done right. But what we need to do is give them the support, the grassroots support, to make sure that they have the stories to file in the halls of Congress. Right and talk about the real Americans who are going to be impacted if these tax cuts are out to inspire.
Speaker 1: So it's a full court grassroots press.
Speaker 14: That we'll be engaging on over the next four to six months to help see this get done well.
Speaker 1: Speaking to Ohio specifically, and because you're the Ohio state Director of Americans for Prosperity Donovan and I saw your quote on this, let my listeners know the impact on ohioans in terms of dollar amounts if these expire.
Speaker 14: Yeah, well, the average cost is going to be about twelve hundred dollars for individuals that their tax rates will go up. Businesses will see an average of eight hundred and twenty one. Keep in mind these are averages, right, This is spread out over the four million Ohio wins who are are employed by a pastor, I entity or something.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 14: So, but these have sort of you know, multi layered effects, right, It's not just that you're going to you know, you might see a little more out of your paycheck every two weeks when a business as taxes go up, what do they do, Brian?
Speaker 1: Do they just eat that cost and say oh shucks. No, they raise the price of their goods and services. That's right.
Speaker 14: They have to pass them on their consumers because they have they have family with mouths the feet as well.
Speaker 1: Right, So it has a ripple effect through.
Speaker 14: The economy in the uh you know, on an individual level, on the thousands of dollars scale, but certainly on a nationwide level millions billions dollar scale, that if we don't get this done, it gonna it's gonna really put the country in a jam.
Speaker 1: Now, are you working with the Trump team on any level? I mean, is it would that even help if you had Trump or a Trump team's ear on this.
Speaker 14: Yeah, well, I think you know, he'll be sworn in on Monday. We're excited about that January twentieth. It will be a big day for our country. And uh, you know, part of our work is is elevating the Trump tax cuts. Right, he's the guy who got this done in twenty seventeen. We did a lot of grass I was around them, We did a lot of grassroots work thanking members and the president for getting that done. And we're gonna be doing that again.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 14: But ultimately, the way these things still work, right, Congress has.
Speaker 1: To get to get the ball rolling.
Speaker 14: We're confident they will but we want to make sure they keep this as the top priority coming into the spring as they and they work to get to get the country back on track after four years of Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: All Right, when you're outspreading the word on this, that is going to have the how you walk through the arguments against the increase in taxes, You're gonna run into people to say, well, look, we've we've been spending like drunken sales. We've got this massive hole we've got to fill, which is the thirty seven trillion dollars in debt we have. If we cut taxes, that means less money going to Washington and therefore probably a more sizable borrowing. They will not. They mean the fundamental point being our government never ever cuts, It just continues to expand and get more expensive, and fewer tax dollars going into the Washington makes it impossible to overcome the challenge of the deficit.
Speaker 14: Then it's a false premise Brian put out there on it. It's your money, it's our money, it's your listener's money, Brian, it's not Washington's. We've put five they've put five trillion more dollars in the last four years that put us up to thirty six trillion dollars in national debt. It's a problem, but you don't solve that problem by continuing to feed the beams that mismanages that money and letting him take more of your money. You tell them stop, you're not going to get any more of this, and you've got to tighten your belt and get the fiscal house in order.
Speaker 1: And we can.
Speaker 14: We can do that with this new Republican majority as well, but it starts by making sure these Trump taxes to stay permanent so that we don't add that, you know that that second punch of the inflation and now the raise, the increase in in income taxes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I had a conversation with Congressman Massey about the Republicans and reigning and being fiscally responsible, and he didn't really leave me with a positive feeling about it, because you know, behind the scenes, when they're hammering out these omnibus deals and and reconciliation, they're always looking out for their own best interest, and even with their own best interest, it's their pet project in their state. I always been relying lately on the F thirty five aircraft. I think it's a pointless and unnecessary, countless billion dollar item that isn't going to be benefit us time in war times. We're moving more toward drones. We don't have enough submarines things, I mean, allocation of of you know, scarce resources like tax dollars. They don't listen to the screams and cries of you need to cut, you need to cut, let's quit paying for dumb things, and they get very territorial, even though they're supposed to be fiscally responsible and pay lip service to it. When it comes to their own backyard, they won't cut.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Well, I mean, and that's why, you know, grassroots organizations like ours and folks that Congress are master are important right the foot. They're the folks who are going to keep Congress on. And something happens when you get out there in DC. You drink the water, and even the best begin to change just a little bit. But back to my point, right, don't feed the beast. It's your money, not Washington's. Well, of the best ways to keep them from spending more money is to make sure they don't get it every two weeks out of your paycheck by letting the Trump tax cuts expire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I pled with them to let me know who the specific people are and to provide me with specific illustrations. Is comment. Didn't call my listeners, he said, listen, I got to work with these people. It's like, wait, you know, the one guy that you think will wake is standing out and out the people who are responsible for not you know, tightening the belt a little bit. He's stuck up there with him. So it makes it a little more challenging. All right. So the website is, UH, is protect prosperity dot com. What do my listeners need to do?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: First thing, go to protect prosperity dot com. Sign up to take action.
Speaker 14: We're reaching out to folks who do that to get them connected to events and activities we have coming up. The other thing you can do if you're you're hearing about this for the first time, or you're wondering about the details of it, or you gotta. Uh one of your progressive friends is saying, we gotta, we gotta. We can't afford to cut taxes anymore. Uh, go give them that website, educate them, but go to protect prosperity dot com today, sign up and take action with us.
Speaker 1: So it's uh, it's dot com. I had, I think I had. Okay, I did say dot com Protect Prosperity dot com. I'm staring at the website right now. Donovan and Neil, keep up the great work. We'll keep our fingers crossed that they don't raise our taxes. Certainly we're not getting the very good bang for our buck when it comes to taxes anyway, and it is our money. Let's be able to spend it how we want. Let's improve the number of jobs out there. Let's expand on businesses. Let's well make things better for the state of Ohio with Donovan and Neil and Americans for Prosperities. Help Donovan. Until we talk again, Hope you have a great week and weekend. Have a great weekend, Brian, Thanks for having me. Thanks brother. It's seven to sixteen right now. If it's about care see the talk station. Time for you to mention because I want to and it's important. Jimmycare fireplace and stove. We've got a beautiful showroom four thirteen Wards Corner Road. It's the building with all the chimneys on it. It's kind of funny when you see it, but yeah, they do have a huge selection of fireplace inserts in there. For example, that's where I got my fireplace insert. Absolutely love it, both wood and gas. They've got free standing stoves, self feeding wood waste pellet stoves. Those will keep you warm for very little money. Just Trekker's got one of those, and they also have accessories everything related to fireplaces and chimneys. You're gonna find it at the showroom four thirteen Wards Corner Road, so check it out. In first place you should check it out is online at Chimneycare Code, where you'll also learn about all the services that they perform, including inspections of your chimney may need to be swept or II five chimney sweeps will do that. They do video camera inspection and they determine if there's anything going on in they're like water damage. Maybe they need your your damper, replace your cap, replace chimney top replacements. They do that, tuckpointing, waterproofing, repairs of pellet stoves and gas fireplaces, all of it and so much more. A plus of the better business bureau locally in and operated since nineteen eighty eight. Trust the experts again online Chimneycarecode dot com. Here's the phone number. To call for the inspection. Five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. Five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station. Well did you know that Future Health offer Channel nine says today will be a breezy day, also a chance of isolated snowshowers. High up thirty three tonight, cloudy twenty three for the low most these guys. Tomorrow at a high of thirty nine, then around midnight rainal start down to thirty three. Overnight could be a wintery mix depending on where you are, and rain on Saturday night, but it'll be a cloudy day Saturday one up to forty degrees twenty eight degrees. Right now for about KERR City Talk station traffic update time.
Speaker 5: From the UCUT Traffic Center. Don't let injury slow you down. The uc health orthopedics and sports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule a same day appointment at ucehelp dot com. There is an accident with injuries on the end of the ramp. It's on Mostellar at the end of the West to seventy five ramp. I'm seeing no traffic moving southbound on Mostellar towards to seventy five northbound seventy five beginning to fill in through the cut. So it's inbound seventy four from Montana Chuck ingram Mon fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty one at five KRC, the talk station Happy Friday E Senator Ran Paul Bottom of the are looking forward to that. You feel free to call, got something to want to talk about? Five one, three, seven, four nine fifty eight hundred and eighty two to three talk. Let us see here out everything. They're taking everything away from us. I mean, I don't mind. I'm banning the the the red dye which announced it was made yesterday by the FDA, So they're finally going to get rid the red dye number three FD and c RED number three, which is in all kinds of things. It's just the food coloring. It's also in pharmaceuticals. Although the pharmaceutical company get an extra year beyond the county of your twenty twenty seven January when it must be removed from all foods. Pharmaceutical companies get until January at twenty eight if I recall reading the facts correctly. But so I don't mind. That gives rats cancer. It's unnecessary. It's fanned every place else in the world, but on the heels of the recent studies saying that they should, we need a cancer warning on alcohol. Study published in the Journal of Neurology. Thank you doctor Daniel Wang for bursting another bubble. Persistent professor of medicine and at the Bring Them in Women's Hospital at Harvard Medical School. His team report that people who eat more processed red meat had a fourteen percent higher risk of developing dementia over more than four decades, and those who consumed minimal amounts so red meat bad. Not the first person to suggest that that's the case, that this is focusing on process and apparently very little meat. According to their studies, they said they analyzed data for more than one hundred and thirty thousand health professionals enrolled in two major studies. Every two to four years. People filled out detailed dietary surveys asking about their intake of more than one hundred and fifty foods. Also collected health data and dementia diagnosis, and asked people to brief questions about their memory. I got a John Asia scept this on this how accurate that could actually be. But in any event, based on the data, they say, we see if people have higher process red meat intake, they have higher risk of dementia, higher risk of subjective cognitive decline and cognitive function. So say it, doctor Wang, and it's not much. What's up pictures, that's a punking lot.
Speaker 5: Come on, will you know?
Speaker 1: Damn well, that's exactly what I was thinking about, Joe, Thank you very very much. Not much red meat through each the upper limit of what they were studying. The fourteen percent higher risk of dementia was linked to people who ate at least one quarter of a single three ounce serving a process red meat daily, equivalent to two slices of bacon, one and a half slices of a wanna or a hot dog. So process meat bad. Anyhow, you'll have more of this coming with rfkg're not that I mind am raising health awareness. I am all in favor of it. But more is coming now. And thank you for everyone who reached out to me about my cancer. The result of my cancer appointment the other day, because I said it was coming because I wasn't getting treatment. There's a wait and see approach. Well I'm in wait and see approach, Volume two so no change is really in anything related to my cancer. There's no worry about this particular type of cancer metastasizing. And since I'm not struggling with symptoms related to the lymphom I have, We're going to kick it down the road until April. I'm gonna get another CT scan. Of course, it affordable imaging services where I've already scheduled it, and we'll see things where they go from that point forward. So anyway, good doctors at OHC, and I believe I am in I'm getting excellent care. But for those who are asking, I truly appreciate it. I just wanted to pass along the information to the listening audience, to the extent you're wondering what the hell happened with that cancer appointment. There you go Fast and Pro Rofing. Get in touch with Fast and Pro for the most superior roofing work. You can get maybe a little subjectivity in that, but I know what I got, and I love the roofing work and the siding work and the gutter work and everything they did for me and my home. And they have just superior roofers, long term employees at Fast and Pro taking great care of you. And it starts with a free inspection and a free quote for work that needs to be done. Like if you know you want your siding replaced, of course you're going to get a quote for that, but a free inspection. There could be something wrong up there, and a professional roofer is the only person that's really going to know one way or another. And just that's what they are. Professionals a plus with a better business bureau. And it starts with honesty and it ends with well professionalism. Folks that will respect your home will clean up after they're done that place. I bet it'll be cleaner when they walk out after replacing your roof them before they got there. And it's any kind of roof, commercial and residential, shingle, metal, stuccos, They do slate work and adobe work, so you've got a whole variety of roofs. Also exterior projects like sighting and railing and things of that nature. Skylights, they do it all and they do it better than anybody else. Find them online look at some of the projects they've done, including that custom metalwork stuff oos gorgeous, Fasten fast and Fasten pro roofing dot com five one, three, seven, seven four ninety four ninety five. That's seven seven four ninety four ninety five fifty five KRC. Here is your Channel nine first one and weather forecast. It's going to be a breezy day today with isolated snowshowers possible thirty three for the high, then a twenty three overnight with clouds. Tomorrow's sunny and a high of thirty nine, so warmer day overnight low of thirty three with rain kicking in around midnight. Maybe get a wintery mix depending on where you are. You got clouds on Saturday with a high of forty It's twenty eight right now. It's time for a traffic updates.
Speaker 5: From the UC out Traffic Center. Don't let injury slow you down. The UC health orthopedics and sports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule a same day appointment at uc health dot com. Latest accident is on the ramp from northbound seventy five to eastbound for Washington's Way. It adds to heavier traffic between Buttermilk and downtown. There's a wreck on mostev r at the end of the West two seventy five ramp that's affecting traffic coming off of a highway both east and westbound. Chuck Ingramont fifty five KRC the Talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven point thirty here, fifty five kr C the Talk Station. Fingers crossed. Senator ramp All by Dollon in here soon. He's scheduled to be on the program talk about Uh well, Christy Noam's hearing which for the Partment of Homeland Security, which has been kicked for a day. I guess there was some paperwork that had to be done. I saw some reporting on Politico on that and then the Russ Vaught officer management and budget. And he has interesting perception which I think is probably an accurate one, although it did rub some of the Democrats the wrong way. He said that he does not have to spend or the Trump does not have to spend money that has been allocated by Congress, authorized by Congress. He's got no obligation to do that. Presidents have the ability to spend less than an appropriation if they can do it for less. And on that topic, welcome back to the fifty five Caursessey Morning Show, Senator Ran Paul. It's always a pleasure to have you on my program, Sir, glad to be with you, good morning. My understanding is I know Christy Noam's Department of Homeland Security hearing is on the agenda for us to talk about and we can. I just saw that it got kicked for a day. It's supposed to have They're supposed to have that tomorrow. Is that is that correct?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 8: So yesterday we had Russ vote who will be the OMB director and he was the previous OMB director under Trump in the last administration. Nome, we're still waiting on some paperwork. Everybody goes to an FBI background check and some ethics paperwork, and it wasn't completed. We're hoping it'll be completed, so we can do that tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, And I get the impression you probably on board with Nome as the director of the Department Homeland Security. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I'm going to support both Nome and rust Vote. And really most of Trump's picks have been pretty good, in fact, so good that I would have picked him myself. Just met with Marty McCarey yesterday. Marty McCarey's the doctor from John Hopkins who's gonna be head of FDA. He's gonna be probably the best director of the FDA we've ever had Jay Battaria, doctor from Stanford, who I know well, is going to be in charge of NIH and hopefully cleaning house over there. Cash Mattel at FBI is going to clean house bat Bondie at Department of Justice.
Speaker 13: I mean, just a lot of.
Speaker 1: Good people and a lot of hysterics and the Democrats during some of these hearings, but I guess that's to be expected in terms of russ vote. I saw him that he said in during the hearings that for two hundred years, presidents had the ability to spend less than an appropriation if they could do it for less. He was asked in Pestiti if he thought Donald Trump didn't have to spend what had been allocated as a chains of parameters of how we would use that. That's something that his team would have to consider in the confirm That obviously rubbed Democrats the wrong way, including Richard Blumenthal, who expressed astonishment that someone would even say that.
Speaker 8: It is a technical question, but it is an important one. It's called impoundment. So if the Congress allocates a billion dollars for an aircraft carrier, and let's say Elon Musk gets involved, looking at every nut and bolt he makes it for eight hundred million, you've saved two hundred million. To the president be able to impound that there is a real question. I mean, there have been some laws against him doing that. But there is another possibility of an impoundment that's absolutely legal and no question on that's called recision. The President could simply ship the two hundred billion dollars back to Congress. It gets an expedited vote, and the expedited vote can be fifty percent vote, so there's no filibuster, meaning that Republicans alone could cut that two hundred billion. So I think there it's a tool that has never been fully utilized. Trump tried it once in the previous administration for only fifteen billion, and two Republicans is deserted and voted with the Democrat and we lost even a fifteen billion car recision. I'm hoping they will try again, and it's one of those things they have to understand. They're going to have to come and lobby. Not people like me who are for cutting, but there are some of the bigger government Republicans. They're just have to come over and lobby them and try to convince them to vote for us and convince them really that the circumstances of our debt are pretty dire and growing more dire. Interest rates aren't coming down, and that's you know, not only is that the debt was accumulated, but with interest rates twice what they were ten years ago. You know, we're paying off the debt at two percent. Now we're paying off the debt at four percent. Yeah, that's a big deal.
Speaker 1: That is a huge deal. Well, that recision. I love that concept because it outs so called rhinos, the ones that aren't interested in being fiscally responsible. I mean, they have to vote on that, and that's something I was having a conversation with Congressman Massy Bud. He says, you know, it was the Omnibus bill and of course the Reconciliation Bill, and I said, you know, you guys are in charge now, you can just deliver on cutting and he just kind of chuckled, and you said, well, you know, when you're talking about cutting projects in a Republican's home state, they're a little they're wary to do, you know, not going to do it because it's their stuff and it's there, it's their pet project. And even if it's something ridiculous, like the F thirty five. You know they won't cut. I said, well, why don't you start naming names. Let's spread the word on who's doing that kind of thing so we cannot make the same mistake next time around. And he said, well, you know, I got to work with these people. I just got to I wasn't comforted by that statement.
Speaker 8: Well, part of the problem is is newspapers and media used to be better at this. I can remember even in Bowling Green, when I first came to Bowling Green and finished my medical training, there would periodically be four or five votes in the paper of how they voted. Third party groups do this, like there are libertarian groups that Republican Liberty Caucus, which is libertarian Republicans says a libertarian leaning index each year. There are business groups that do it. But it's just not far and wide enough and it's not out there. And you know, the internet has so much information, but you rarely come across, you know, rating systems that have prominence which show how how your congressman voted. You know, if you know, I pointed out in Festivus report this year that there was a four hundred thousand dollars grant to study whether or not lonely rats use more cocaine than group social rats and load ball. When you're lonely, you tap the cocaine button more. And anyway, the thing is is what kind of grief would the public give if they knew that their congressman not only voted for this, but voted to double the amount of money given to this agency. It's called the National Science Foundation. And we had a bill which was to subsidize billion dollar chip companies and also double the size the National Science Foundation, and every Democrat voted for it, and have the Republicans voted for it. But you're right, somebody's got to point it out. Somebody's got to point out who's voting for these things.
Speaker 1: Well, congratulations you are, I understand the chair of the newly seated chair of the Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee. Can you talk about what you're going to be doing on that as well as the remain in Mexico hearing, which I understand is a guesst Today.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this morning, we're gonna have a first hearing. I thought would be important to do it before the inaugurations. I think inauguration day is going to be busy and Donald Trump's gon announce a lot of things about the border. Our hearing is called Remain in Mexico. We're going to have the previous director of Homeland Security under previous Trump administration, Ken Kuchinelli, talented lawyer, constitutional lawyer from Virginia, and he's going to talk about does the existing law already give the president the power to control the border. This is the debate we had with the Democrats. They're like, oh, well, we'd love to control the border, but we just need to give Biden the power to do it. We don't think that's true. We think the power already gives great latitude to how any kind of asylum program is created. We frankly think that the president has the power to simply make people who come across the border illegally in eligi for asylum. Then you wouldn't start these four year long processes applying people all over the US waiting for their when they'll be detained. We also think the president, for the couple million people that came in last year, unattended young males coming into our country, I think the President could move their detainment date the next month and say your detainment trial you're hearing is next month. But this is what the ones that already got here that buy let d and if you don't show up, you're a felon. And then when we find you, you'll be kicked out and never come back. And so I think there's a lot of things that can be done. They're dramatic. I think Trump's going to use a lot of these dramatic things that he already has the power for. We wanted to make sure the public knew that the law actually supports quite a bit of latitude for the president.
Speaker 1: Well before we part company. I just have been observing that I've been expecting some sort of much like the first Trump administration mass protest along some lines previously was anti file or Black Lives Matter, I expect this deportation effort is going to result in masses of illegal immigrants taking to the streets and protest of being kicked out of the country. Any concerns along those lines, or concerns from a homeland security standpoint that terrorist activities might take place, Now, I.
Speaker 8: Guess mass protests of illegal aliens happen. It will be easier to find them.
Speaker 1: I love that, you know.
Speaker 8: I think, look and I don't want to. Don't get me wrong, I am very pro immigration, lawful immigration. I have a lot of good friends who came here, many of our best Americans just got here. But we just can't allow millions to come in without any kind of scrutiny or screening. There really there have to be limits we can't have, and you can't let ten million people in a year. It sort of overwhelmed the country and overwhelms all the government systems and the hospital. So not to mention the risk of that bad people, terrorists, and also many of these countries that are run by socialists just empty their jail. Yes, you know, so Venezuela's just led a bunch of their criminals go. That's what Castro, you know, with the Mario Letto is back in the eighties.
Speaker 2: So we can't do that.
Speaker 8: But at the same time, I want to make sure that at least this Republican isn't perceived as someone who doesn't like immigrants. I have many good friends who have just gotten to this country, and I'm i'm I'm pleased with with our friends.
Speaker 1: Senator rand Paul, it's always a pleasure to have you on the program. I wish you best of luck with the Homeland Security Government Affairs Committee work and the hearings that will kick in. We'll be watching and wish you luck on the remain in Mexico policy, among others. Until we talk again. Best of health, my friend. Thanks as my pressure seven forty one fifty five krs DE talk station. Imaging can be affordable. I mentioned I'm going to get another CT scan in April. I've already made the appointment at Affordable Medical Imaging. In fact, you know, it's kind of funny. When I saw I have them on that point with my doctor, she said, are you going to go to the same place she went last time? I said yeah, I thought well, I said, just print me out of script. I'll take care of it. By the time I got home, I got a call from Affordable Imaging Services. They'd already got in touch with them, so it's scheduled the MRI. I'm ready to go. It's going to or the the CT scan rather and it's not going to cost me nearly what it would cost that the hospital always like to point that out. I'm in a new calendar year with insurance too. We got a massive out of pocket liability. I don't want to write a check for five grand or whatever for the CT scan and pay extra for the contrast and the radiologists report. That's CT scan with my contrast six hundred dollars. That's right, six hundred to Affordable Medical Imaging. And it includes the price of the board certified radiologist report, which was fine with my doctor the last time she got one. So they have the same equipment with medical professionals, just like the hospital, but they don't have the overhead. It is low overhead. But when you can save so much money, and you got so much out of pocket liability, why wouldn't you go where it's going to be less and it's all things are equal beyond that five one three seven, five three eight thousands, and I'm gonna call you do have a choice when it comes to your medical care. Five one three seven, five three eight thousand. To learn more about the pricing for the MRIs and echo cardogram's ultrasounds, long screens and cardiac scorings, check it out online at Affordable Medimaging dot com. Fifty five car station.
Speaker 6: Hello, I'm victory, time for your nine first one and weather forecast breezy today, isolated snow showers and a high thirty three, clouds every night down to twenty three.
Speaker 1: A sunny day tomorrow thirty nine for the high that'll feel nice. Rain likely overnight, they say around midnight, maybe a wintery mix if you're north of the area. Thirty three for the overnight low. High a forty on Saturday, with a cloudy day and then some more rain overnight twenty eight degrees. Right now, let's got a traffic update from the u.
Speaker 5: See How Traffic Center. Don't let injury slow you down, but you see health orth Phoedix and sports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule the same day appointment at u see health dot com. Cruis are working with the wreck on Mott Stubb Are at the end of the west two seventy five ramp with injuries. There's a wreck northbound seventy fives ramp to eastbound Fort Washington Way, but they got over to the shoulder. That's looking a little bit better. In bound seventy four that's back into North Bend in northbound fourth seventy one heavy from Graham Chuck King Ramont fifty five k SEE the Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRCD Talk Station. Thank Feel free to call. I got a few minutes here. If we get top of the our news, after which we're gonna hear from You're gonna love this one. Doctor James Thorpe, with his book Sacrifice the How the deadliest vaccine in history targeted the most vulnerable.
Speaker 15: UH.
Speaker 1: Doctor Thorpe one of the doctors who bucked the system, and he saw what was going on a daily basis first hand, documented it, published papers, spoke on countless media platforms, and was terminated in Senate hearings in Washington, DC without any cause, and went on the campaign around the country. Did an effort to get the truth out. This the book is his story on that. So. I know a lot of listeners have problems with the COVID nineteen jab among others, but notably that one, and I'm among them. I did not get a vaccine. Early in the program, I was talking about this screwed up insurance market. I'll get your colleges. That's Nick on the phone there. The insurance market, it's all screwed up in California. A lot of insurers left for a multitude of reason, and not the least of which they weren't even be able to price premiums to deal with the risk that they were facing. And everybody knew about this risk. We've been talking about it for years and years years, the fire risk. And of course, you know, one day the match gets lit and the whole place burns of the ground, which is what we're dealing with right now. And God bless the people out there. And I don't have any ill will toward them, but they live in a completely screwed up state. So Governor knew some issues this emergency order. And I was talking about the rental prices. Any rent increases above ten percent since the start of the state of emergency is illegal for the duration of the crisis. And I gave you a couple of illustrations. There are listings in this article I saw on I guess it was zero Hedge, you know, pulled a bunch of these different listings, different articles from different sources and talk to different real estate agents, and you know what, the North Hollywood property was over one night, eight hundred dollars and then the fires let up, and the next day they are asking fifty seven hundred dollars per month. I thought, wow, well, that clearly is in violation of the ten percent cap, but maybe it's not. The lawyer brain and mind kicked in a moment ago and I thought, wait a second, you can't raise rent more than ten percent. That suggests to me that there's already a rental agreement in place. So if you're already renting a place, the landlord can't come in and say, oh, by the way, it's not eight hundred, it's now fifty seven hundred dollars you owe me per month. But if it's not rented again, you got to go back to market conditions. Is someone willing to pay fifty seven hundred dollars per month for this one North Hollywood property that previously was only eight hundred dollars a month. Maybe there is someone out in the world that'll do that, or maybe they'll try to haggle with the owner of the property and negotiate down to something like four thousand, seven hundred or what. But if you don't have a rental agreement in place, I think some of these can be justified simply based upon the law of economics. And since we're talking about with Senator Rampaul about illegal immigrants, guess what They arrested an illegal immigrant the other day, Los Angeles who was trying to start fires with a blow sheet and has a really significant rap sheet. Juan Manuel Sierra, thirty three years old, caught, they point out, not by law enforcement, by a group of residents in the Calabasas area of San Fernando Valley. They tackled him and his blowtorch. He was near their houses. Viral video neighbor captured shows that well, the neighbors grabbed him and held him down until this police showed up. He was arrested for violating probation. Has not been charged with arson. I was supposed, you say, yes, they probably need some proof of that. But he's got several misdemeanors on his rap sheet as well as at least one felony, and you got to wonder why they didn't do anything about this. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement said in a statement on Tuesday this week they have placed a detainer on this former Mexican national. Sierra has multiple encounters with law enforcement from November twenty sixteen to present for a variety of charges, and was convicted of assault with a deadly weapon on October tenth, twenty twenty three, in Van Nuys, California. Arrested by the Los Angeles Police Department January tenth on felony probation violation. Apparently has multiple monikers aliases, but he was arrested with for assault with a deadly weapon causing great bodily injury in twenty twenty three, according to the police records, convicted in October, and here you go. The court ordered his release citing time served. Two months later, he's booked again for vil and domestic violence restraining order, only to be released in January. Early January, So I thought they cared about women out in California. His latest arrest has passed October possession of narcotics paraphernalia, which is a misdemeanor California, release without bail three days later with a court date schedule for November. His booking docket, however, does not show a court proceeding for that date. Interesting, and they also caught a couple of more arsonists. Two men charged with felony arson in Los Angeles. Not related cases, but they happened in different parts of Los Angeles County over this past weekend. A court of the DA's office Jamie Mota, thirty seven in jail on a three hundred and fifty thousand dollars bail for allegedly lighting a stack of wooden pallettes on fire behind a shipping yard Saturday afternoon spring Flames spread to a tractor trailer and surrounding bushes. He could be at a seven years in prison of convicted, and add to that in Irwindale, Reuben Michael Montez, twenty seven years old, one hundred, four hundred thousand dollars bail for him for lighting a fire under I six OZHO five overpass in River Grade Road. It does sound familiar, doesn't it, Joe. He was already on probation at the time of the incident and faces up to fourteen years in prison if convicted. And only Tuesday, District Attorney Todd Spitzer, Orange County, along with one other elected official, asked Governor Newsom to make looting a felony. And you wonder why it isn't already? Why wasn't looting a felony already on the books in the state of California? I wrote, loll after that, because this is the state that of course decriminalized stealing less than nine hundred and fifty bucks, or at least made it a misdemeanor which sparked a crime wave in various cities in California. As you all know, seven fifty five right now, fifty five KOSTY talk station, doctor James Thorpe saying no to the powers that be and well suffering for it. He wrote a book about it. We're going to talk after the top of the own news about sacrifice, how the deadliest vaccine in history targeted the most vulnerable.
Speaker 12: The twentieth day of January, the President Hi, Donald John Trump inauguration day, the first one hundred days and to be on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: This report is it's the stuff people are talking about.
Speaker 16: I totally agree with you about the states rights issue for recording abortion.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRS the talk station. At five, I'm coming to with ATO a six to fifty five KRCD talk station. You hope having that happened Friday. Eve always love my Thursdays because I heard MEDIAVAH. Nextpert Jay Rattley joins the program at a thirty, so he'll be right at the bottom of the air. We've got quite a few topics talk about with Jay, and I was hoping to have the doctor on the program. You know it's too good to be true to have doctor James Thorpe on the program. The book Sacrifice, How the Deadliest facts in the history target of the most vulnerable. He is, He's got an amazing background. Joe called the publicist to see if he could reach him because the number just went into voicemail. Two hundred and seventy five publications. He's got seventy on COVID nineteen related problems that he witnessed himself, and he was one of the few people that was running around screaming about how COVID shots should never be given to pregnant women. The quote for the book by early twenty twenty one was clear that not one pregnant woman should have ever been given a COVID nineteen vaccine. Every mother in the United States should be outraged, yet the silence is deafening due to medical censorship. So but I subscribed. He's witnessed the carnage that was doing two fetuses on a daily basis first and documented in a bunch of published papers that I mentioned a moment ago. Spoke with media platforms and insentate hearings, got fired, got fired for speaking the truth without any cause. So he's been on a tirade and he wrote a book about all of the problems that he faced and what he discovered about COVID nineteen. But I think he was physician for like forty years, but obstetric obstetrician gynecologists and maternal fetal medicine physicians. So just because he didn't show up on the program doesn't mean I'm not going to recommend the book to you. It's they called Sacrifice, How the deadliest vaccine in history targeted the most vulnerable. Joe Strecker and I were having to laugh there at the top of the hour news because in the morning, when I started out the program, you know, I guess I was happy that Israel Hamas had entered into some form of agreement, some cease fire deal, get the hostages back. I know, the Palestinians, a lot of them are going to be released under the terms of the deal. And Joe and I both expressed some well cynicism, little maybe lack of a belief that this would actually work, and that Joe predicted that Hamas would probably launch a rocket probably by Tuesday. He said, they take Martin Luther King day off. But we didn't really have a whole lot of faith that this thing was going to last. And lo and behold you heard at the top of the ur news Hamas is already backing away from some of the terms and conditions. So, whether Trump was influential and instrumental, as it was widely reported he was in negotiating this deal, it seems to be falling apart before the ink is even dry. So I can laugh sort of kind of on that sort of anyway, we're talking with Senator A and Paul earlier about whether or not funds allocated by the federal government need actually be spent in the context of hearing the other day on one of Trump's cabinet picks, who was of the mind that no, Trump needn't spend the money even if it's allocated, for example, if he can find a cheaper source to perform whatever work that money was allocated for. So we followed through an outline that during my conversation with Senator ram public you can find a fifty five krse dot com. That's but all in the name of not spending as much. You know, we're in kind of desperate times here with the runaway spending in Congress, and you know, lo and beholders. A report released by the House Oversight and Accountability Committee just yesterday about federal telework policies, and here's another place where we can cut some expenses. They accused the Biden administration of prioritizing union demands over taxpayer interest, wasting billions of dollars on under utilized office space. Now, the federal government already owned so much property it couldn't even keep track of. But before remember there are maintenance and upkeep obligations that go along with that, and that's part of the line items in our budget every year. Now, I don't know if they actually do the work to maintain and upkeep all these buildings, much in the same way we know the City of Cincinnati doesn't do the work to maintain and upkeep the roads, and yet there's still funds allocated for But beyond that thirty page report slamming the continuation of all this work for home arrangements, leaving the offices completely endy empty, yet in the of maintenance and upkeep. Obviously, COVID nineteen caused this and justified, or at least on paper, allowing people to work from home. But according to the report that Biden Harrison administration has seated too much authority to federal union bosses, allowing their preference to work from home to take precedence over fulfilling agencies, mission and serving American people. The report shows of the two point two eight million federal civilian employees, get your head around that number, two hundred and twenty eight thousand of them are never required to report to the office. One point one million are eligible for telework. They spent an average only three days per week in the office. Healthy Human Services Remote for workforce group from only two percent twenty nineteen to twenty nine percent. Last year, GSA remote workforce jump from six percent to fifty percent. Department of Education, you know they never go to go to work, right when from two people were two percent working remotely up to fifty five percent. I think those are the ones that wanted school closures to continued because of COVID long after the threat was passed, and in spite of the fact that it didn't pose a big threat to children in the first place. So in the highlight INDUS report all this unused office space. The Government Accountability Office study from twenty twenty three found that seventeen of the twenty four federal agencies used, on average, an estimated twenty five percent or less of the capacity of their headquarter buildings. That's a lot of empty space. Some agencies report occupancy rates of their buildings as low as nine percent, while the federal government spends approximately seven billion annually to lease and maintain office spaces. So if you're looking for places to cut and you're looking for some sensibility, if they're going to continue working remotely and I doubt that they're actually getting their job done, let's just assume for the sake of argument that whatever it is they've been hired to do is actually getting done at home. How about you start consolidating some of these various office buildings. You're only using nine percent of one and the other one's only using twenty five percent. Seems to me you can take the nine percent of the one building and consolidated with the other one, freeing up the need to lease and pay for maintenance and upkeep, sell the property. Come up with another arrangement. There's a better way of doing business. And I know Trump is all about moving a lot of these these agencies out of Washington, d C. And bully for him. Get them away from the pollution, get them away the lobbying pollution. I'm talking about the political pollution that is just rampant in Washington, d C. Thus, Swamp make a move out into rural areas or places where the population isn't so batcrap leftists. Now, I doubt that they would pack their bags and move to any area of the country, the flyover country that they so loathe. But at least it give us a great opportunity to try the experiment. There's no reason all these agencies need to be stacked up on top of each other in that well what I could characterize as infected community. Let's see what Edwin's got this morning. Edwin, thanks for calling the morning show. Good to hear from you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Good day to you and everyone listening. You know, at the other day, I was watching them posing questions at Pete Hexcess and a lot of stupid ones. I know, everyone agrees, and I don't agree to a lot of you know, what they're doing, especially like when they ask them, you know, about his being inebriated and then the activation of what he did to a woman. But it almost seems like it's a prerequisite to get into government or something on their side of course, So what I'm to just show him the secret handshake and let him in. I mean, he's done a straightened things out once he gets in there, and I see nothing but good things coming with this new administration coming in.
Speaker 15: What do you think?
Speaker 1: I agree? It is just an amazing amount of hypocrisy that they would scream and yell about his marital infidelities. I guess his current wife has forgiven him. They've made up different relationships for different people, and that's the way the world works. You know, Sometimes it works out, and sometimes, as one of the senators pointed out, listen, we've got a room full of people here who've gotten divorced because they fooled around on their wife. Right, So it does happen. He seems to have worked things out. But see, they think they can get away with it. But this is twenty twenty five. Our societal norms have changed dramatically over the past twenty thirty years. Where Republicans used to, you know, sort of have this evangelical superiority about him. You know, we're better than that. We're not sinful, and you know, we believe in God and the Bible and wave it around and make accusations about people who were unfaithful. But you know that always comes back to bite you, because, let's face it, people are well capable of failure. They do make mistakes, and it does happen. And just because you stand behind this high and mighty approach doesn't mean you're all united in actually walking the walk while you're talking to talk. So the Democrats would get away with it, as you know, pointing the finger saying you guys are a bunch of hypocrites, look at this and hold you out as an example. But again, fast forward to twenty twenty five. None of this comes as a surprise to anybody, and it's well documented. Over the course of our nation's history, presidents have not always been really that faithful either. John F. Kennedy widely regarded as a swinging you know what, I think LBJ was too, But I mean, you can go on and on Bill Clinton. I mean he got caught sort of red handed, if you want to call it that way, and it ended up resulting in an impeachment because he lied to the FBI. He lied to us about marital infidelity. And look, he's still married to Hillary Clinton. And as so far as getting drunk, what are the drunken? Say? He who in America's military hasn't gone out on a bender? I mean, wow, double standard, double standard five point three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight to two three ta pound five fifty on AT and T phones. And I really don't think the Republican Party stands for that high and mighty approach anymore, at least I haven't heard it very much.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Zimmer Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning, the folks that take care of your HVAC needs. They are wonderful folks and that's how they've been around for three generation, the Zimmer family seventy five years in counting, taking care of their customers and doing so very well. The customer service is fantastic. The price is always right, and so you know you might want to get hooked up on a maintenance program. You can get all the details on that at Gozimmer dot com. All the services that they provide, and it's a huge spectrum. They service all different types of manufacturers, but they are an authorized carrier dealer and I recommend you work with Zimmer if you need to replace your heating unit this year and HVAC completely. Turn to the experts at Zimmer. They're the ones account on you'll be glad you did. And if there's two ways to make an appointment learn more about their company. Like I said, go to the website go Zimmer dot com where you can easily schedule that appointment or call Chris Simmer directly. And if you speak well then please tell me. Brian said, Hi the number five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three fifty five. KRC the talk station for more, Channel nine says, as far as weather goes anyway, breezy conditions today with isolated snow showers possible and a high of thirty three overnight, just clouds in a little of twenty three sun Tomorrow, yay, high thirty nine overnight rain, wintery mix if you're to the north, possible anyway, thirty three for the low, and then we have a cloudy day on Saturday with a high of forty and some rain overnight. Right now it's twenty seven degrees. If you about kercd talk station. Let's see what Chuck Ingram has on traffic.
Speaker 5: Conditions from the UC Health Tramphing Center don't but major slow you down. The u see Health Orthopedic Sands sports medicine experts can help keep you moving to schedule the same day appointment at u see health dot com. Northbound seventy five is running close to an extra fifteen minutes between Donaldson and Downtown. Southbound seventy one now getting closer into an extra half hour between Field Zerto and Redbank northbound four seventy one. Facts been ran Chuck Ingramont fifty five krs leave talk station, Hey twenty.
Speaker 1: One if one KRCD talk station. Before to the next segment, as I always do, I heard mediaviation expert Jay Ratlif the meantime, got a couple of callers online. Let's start with cribbage Mike in the order which they receive. Andrew Pappis, hang on your next cribbage Mike. Welcome back my submarine or friend.
Speaker 15: Good morning sir. Over the course of my twenty nine year career, I had the opportunity a couple times to be stationed in DC and one and no part of it. However, a good ship made of mind that I served with and still in in contact with today. His last tour duty was at the Pentagon on the submarine side of things, and his wife, being from that area of Fredericksburg, Virginia, they purchased a home there now is the crow Flies. From what I remember, it's about forty five minutes. However, the morning and evening commute with no accidents or anything, and somebody like Chuck Ingram pointing the way, it's about an hour and a half. And I don't know if you're familiar with the term slugs when it comes to commuting, and it has nothing to do with the politicians there.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't, so slugs.
Speaker 15: And I just couldn't believe this, So they have. I think in most places there it's like six seven lanes going each way up by ninety five into the Capitol, and about four or five are HOV lanes. And I think you have to have a minimum of four people to be in your car to legally be in that HOV lane. So these slugs for people that do it on a regular basis, or let's say you have three people that you normally commute with, you got your four. Somebody calls him sick literally on the way. You could get off in any age that he says, and there'll be people standing there and that's that's how they get to work every day. So when when situation, they get a free right to work. And then you now had the legal amount of people in your car, you pick up US one, two or even three slugs. Let's say you don't normally drive in but now in order to be in that HOV lane. But you know, to put up with all that nonsense or to get up like at the hours that we go to work, hour and a half each way with no accidents. Yeah, you're spending there on nine ninety five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you hit the nail on the head on. One of the reasons why my wife and I moved from Chicago back here is because, well, we were considering moving out to one of the farther suburbs out because we didn't like the school system and the political environment in the neighborhood where we lived. And I was looking at an hour plus train ride I didn't have to get on the Expressway. It would have been probably double that on the express So I know a lot of people in Chicago they have commu times like that. That's crazy, man, Mike, Always a pleasure, my friend. Thanks for your service to our country. Drew Pappus, Welcome back to the morning show, my friend.
Speaker 17: Morning Brian. I forgive me, I'm kind of dragging a little bit this morning. I had to stay up late and give some analysis of these Biden speech last night. I know you and Jill were probably snoozing during the performance by our formal president. I gotta tell you, what a what a what a pathetic I mean, what with so many contradictions as far as what he said versus what he did in office. And I mean I actually almost felt bad, almost, I was a caveat that almost felt bad because what a fitting, get pathetic end to a completely anemic, inept, corrupt, and absolutely pathetic administration. And I just I don't get. I just I don't did you feel like when you watch a replay? I mean, I don't think he fully grasped the fact that A he wasn't the candidate anymore, and B even though he wasn't the candidate, his ideas and his administration through Kamala was completely rejected by the voters and they lost. And he was still spreading the same bs during the speech, seventeen million new jobs. You know, need we dissect that further. I mean, that's been dissected to death. Yeah, it was just and I'm tired this morning, but I wanted to watch it because I think only ten other presidents have done a farewell address, if I'm not mistaken. And yet he bought the need to come on there, and I just think that he doesn't.
Speaker 5: I mean it was.
Speaker 17: I created a new word last night, and it's where illusion and dementia intersect. It's called delusional.
Speaker 1: I saw your nets.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean my part. Listen, my Facebook post is nothing more than an extension of my consciousness.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know.
Speaker 17: And and I was I was probably too much yesterday. I was overloading people's speeds. But I got to tell you, I was just so overcome. I can't shout at the TV anymore. So I have to figure out new way to release that aggression.
Speaker 1: Well, I certainly appreciate it. I thought it was comical, hilarious and quite a Stute's like it's like your comments this morning, and Joe Strecker putting a plug in for himself. He said, you can always do a podcast. Joe Strecker produces podcast.
Speaker 17: So getting Joe Joe Strecker is a wonderful producer of podcasts, and and if the in one of these days, you know, I will when I when I when I ceese uh my current activities, I will definitely consider producing a podcast.
Speaker 1: Cool. Maybe you not get together and do that. That would be fun.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 17: I hope everyone has a chance to at least rather than listen to what me or anyone else says about it or even you not no disrespect, but it was nineteen minutes. Yes, you won't get that part of your life back, but you need to. You need to listen to this man's speech. And still you know, just understand, he's been president for four years, he served in government for over fifty years. Yeah, and he having to come before the American people at the eleventh hour and make the case that he was a good and honorable not only president of public service.
Speaker 5: That's pathetic.
Speaker 17: Your actions to speak louder than your words, and sadly that's not the case with this person.
Speaker 1: Well, and he seems me the old adage sort of modified for sec compliance reasons. You can't polish excrement, you know what I mean A lot the record.
Speaker 17: Speaks for itself, nor can you pick it up by a clean end.
Speaker 1: I'll see you, take care, You're always great. Hearing from you. Eight twenty seven. I heard me. The aviation next for Jay Rattliffe is up next. I hope you can stick around fifty five KRC. The simply Money minute is spunfor Ketton nine. Weather forecasts got breezy conditions today, overcasts isolated snow showers, high HAVE thirty three, cloudy overy night down of twenty three, a sunny day tomorrow. Yeah, high HAVE thirty nine, got a rain likely around midnight Friday night. Wintery mixes possible if your north thirty three will be the low and then a high A forty on Saturday with body skies and a rainy overnight twenty eight. Right now, time for traffic update.
Speaker 5: From the u S Help Traffick Center. Don't let injury slow you down. The u see Health orthopedic sans sports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule the same day appointment at you see health dot com. Southbound seventy one continues slow. Below fields are all off and on the red bank. The lake times have dropped closer to the ten minute mark. Southbound seventy five heavy in and out of Lockland. Northbound fourth seventy one slows north of Grand Just a couple of extra minutes needed there, Chuck Ingraman fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's a thirty one fifty five car CD talks dation. Happy Thursday slash Friday Eve and a great time to be tuned in because good we get to talk to I heard media aviation expert Jay Ratliff every Thursday here in the fifty five carse Morning Shore. Welcome back, my friend. It's always a pleasure to having you on the program.
Speaker 13: Wait, pleasant, good morning to you.
Speaker 1: And you know I always add different stories to the ones that you add, so I wanted to.
Speaker 13: So what's the morning? Is that a curveball or two?
Speaker 1: This one is just I just one of your comments on it because it's weird. I don't know if you saw the article about the United Airlines seven thirty seven Max that hit a coyote takeoff. What the hell?
Speaker 16: Well, you know it happens. Look, we've had, you know, deer struck, moose, alligators, We've seen all kinds of things with you know, because you can't control the wildlife you'd like to, but sometimes you can. And if you are a pilot and you and I are, you know, tooling down the runway and we're about to take off and we hit something, Well, then the first thing that we need to do if we can, is stop the aircraft and get it back so that the mechanics can look at it, because you know, if you hit anything, it could cause problems structurally damaging the aircraft. But you're also worried about were there were anythings there that might have impacted the hydraulics that would have interfered with their ability to control the airplane. So it happens, and we have about three hundred thousand reports of wildlife strakes a year or I'm sorry, that would be between I think the last several decades, nineteen ninety in present. So it happens all the time. Most of the birds that you can't control where they're at most, Yeah, but sometimes you have wildlife that makes its way onto you know, we frequently had alligators coming out and stunning themselves on runways.
Speaker 13: You know, you can't land with.
Speaker 1: That's that's funny. You got to hire someone to shoe the alligators away.
Speaker 16: Well, there's airports in several places up north that have dogs that go out that are designed to chase birds away when you've got birds on the ground, and you know, there's things that you can do to remove the plants they feed on and other types of things to try to help them kind of go elsewhere. But I remember when I was in Alabama, the Tupelo Airport would be closed for like thirty minutes every day for bird migration where the birds would come across the airfield and they just knew to shut the airport down. And it was and I'm like, wait a minute, it's like these person got to watch or something and every day and it pretty much was. And so it's stuff that impacts commercial aviation on pretty much an ongoing basis.
Speaker 1: How about that, well talk well, but a win on a win for common sense. Now, this could be you could substitute American Airlines for any other company, But I don't know if you saw American Airlines alleged that their retirement funds were mismanaged by the ESG Investments because ESG Investments was following the Environmental Social Governance ESG rather ESG measures of investing. In other words, you got to go with companies that pursue this environmental Social governments governance, and that ultimately resulted in harm to the pension fund because those things weren't giving a good return on investments, so they violated their fiduciary obligation. Big win for the employees there and for common sense.
Speaker 13: Well, you know you.
Speaker 16: Want to invest Many people say, you know, you can invest in green companies. You can invest it, and it looks good on a corporate balance sheet, where you can show your investors in the world that you care by only investing in specific things solar energy, electric energy, or whatever might happen to be things that are designed to help the planet. The problem is if those sectors aren't exactly shall we say, on fire, well, then all of a sudden you're going to be noticing that you're going to be losing money instead of making money. So I finally get to the point where it's like, yes, we want to help save the planet any way we can, but our primary obligation is to make money. So it's a lot like these companies that establish these woke policies thinking this is going to help define us, show the world who we are, and kind of help push us in this direction. When you turn and then find out that the majority of your consumers are not for that. They want equal opportunity. They want the best person in whatever job it might happen to be, regardless of what's going on, and they go elsewhere. And how many companies have we seen back off of those those policies because they just blew up in their face. If it's a Budweiser, if it's a Disney, whoever it might happen to be, it doesn't matter the ideas they play, follow the leader in that kind of direction, and then they find out, you know, the rest of the country is not really following us here. Yeah, well we never were. But somebody convinced these the people at leadership, that this was going to be a good idea because this is really going to establish things. It's a lot like in the European Union a number of years ago they polled individuals, would you pay an extra amount of money every time you fly to help offset the carbon imprint that the airline industry has on commercial aviation which around the world, which is again single digits, It's minuscule compared to other industries. But yo, yeah, seventy eight eighty percent. Absolutely. I will and Brian when they were given that opportunity to do so, less than three percent actually did pay more.
Speaker 13: So you know, when it.
Speaker 16: Comes down to it, it's it's not going to happen them. And that's one of the reasons that a lot of times, when you do what some people say is going to make you look good, and when it goes flies in the face of common sense, it turns.
Speaker 1: Out not to be a good idea seems so evident upfront to me, but that's what lawsuits are for. Jay ratlif hold on, We're going to find about a drunk pilot as well as the Department of Transportation suing Jet Blue. Don't go weby right back fifty five KRC man.
Speaker 5: It's the new year, and for me.
Speaker 1: It's weather time. Channel nine says breezy conditions, isolated snow showers and a high of thirty three, clouds every night down to twenty three a sunny day Tomorrow, thirty nine for a high Friday, it's going to be a wintery mix. Oh I'm sorry, Friday night, wintery mix towards the north, but likely showers overnight. About midnight events is when they're going to start thirty three, it'll be to low and then I high a forty on Saturday with body skies. It's twenty nine right now, it's time for traffic.
Speaker 5: From the u SEE Traffic Center. Don't let injuries lag you down the you See Health orthopedic sandsports medicine experts can help keep you moving to schedule the same day appointment at you see health dot com. Cruiser working with a wreck eastbound on the Reagan Highway near Galbret triumphing on northbound seventy five clearing out through the cut. Southbound continues to slow through Lachlan because the wreck northbound seventy one near reading on the right shoulder. Chuck Ingramont fifty five krs deep talk station.
Speaker 1: We've ever been in the cockpit before day out in the pass p's iHeart Media Aviation expert. Get the privilege of talking to him every Thursday here on this time. Getting at the bottom of the hour podcast. This conversation will be at fifty five KRC dot com. We will find also the podcast conversation in my conversation earlier this morning with Donovan O'Neil about Trump's tax cuts and Senator Rand Paul. So we got another drunk pilot Jay Huh.
Speaker 16: Yeah, Savannah, get right down the road from where I'm at right now.
Speaker 5: Well, I find it so.
Speaker 1: Hard to believe just the concept of showing up to work drunk. Oh, you do the details here in a minute. But you're a pilot. You know it's against the rules. And I would suggest that if you show up to work drunk, that's probably an indication the guy's an alcoholic or girls the case may be. Because if you can't resist drinking when you are responsible for any number of lives doing your job, and you know it's wrong and you know you're going to lose your situation, I don't understand how it could even happen that people would go to work drunk, But go ahead, Well.
Speaker 13: It happens.
Speaker 16: It happens far too often than we like. And of course it's obviously an embarrassment for the airline involved, it's an embarrassment for the pilot, you know, unions around the world. But we also remember that alcohol is an addiction that many times controls people. People don't control it, and you have situations where occasionally you don't have pilots that show up to work intoxicated under the influence.
Speaker 13: And that's what happened here in Savannah.
Speaker 16: He was on the flight deck he was in the cockpit when he was arrested and taken away, and the flight was delayed considerably. Obviously Southwest had to come up with another crew member. But you're right, the rules are very very clear. They have bottled to throttle the number of hours that's required, and you just you can't take that chance. If you're a pilot and you hear someone that you know went to a great amount of effort to become a pilot, it's normally a great expense or time to achieve that, and then to have it thrown away by a decision like that is you know, it's unfortunate. I thank god it was caught before you know, the airplane took off. I don't know if it was reported by the TSA, which happens a lot. The TSA officers, even though we call them officers, they have no law enforcement, you know, powers at all. So what happens is when they observe someone that appears to be under the influence it's a crew member, they will quietly notify airport police who'll investigate to see if anything's going on. It maybe somebody's having a reaction to some medication that just got changed or something like that that it causes them to appear to be maybe a bit ineberator intoxicated to a certain point. That's why you never say you look drunk. Know, you appear to be under the influence of something.
Speaker 13: We don't know what it is.
Speaker 16: They may wreak of alcohol, but somebody may have spilled a drink on them. So you really never want to conclude definitively one thing or another. But what we know here is that you know, he was arrested, the span of airport taken away, and uh again, that just it's a really unfortunate situation for them. I don't know if it was a crew member that reported him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was going to ask, because I mean, he made it into the cock not the case right, right, He made it into the cockpit though, so I mean he got far enough.
Speaker 16: If you and I are flying and I'm the captain or even find the first officer, and I noticed that you're a bit.
Speaker 13: Under the weather.
Speaker 16: And again, I don't know what's going on personally in individuals lives, but typically what happens is, look, I got this, I'll take care of it. The bulk of this flight's work. You just kind of you know, chipping in help, and you know it happens kind of all the time. The problem is, if there's an emergency situation and you need all hands on deck, you need every crew member at the top of their game. You're endangering the lives of everybody on that flight a by reporting for work in that condition. So that's the reason that we take it as seriously as we do. You simply can't allow yourself to be in that kind of impaired state when you are driving a car by yourself down a road, or yes, if you're at the controls of an aircraft that has one hundred and fifty souls on board.
Speaker 1: Well, based on your comments, is it a phenomenon within the airline industry generally that pilots sort of look out for each other nudge nudge, wink wink, much like police officers reluctant to, you know, rat out a fellow officer. Is it one of those types of things that it is?
Speaker 16: Okay, it does, And there's been times I've closed the door of aircraft thinking I need an extra prayer here because things just didn't seem to be right. But you didn't dare say anything. You didn't do in this now this Jay would, but a younger j would not. Because I was in the industry and right kind of getting my feet what type of thing. I did what I was told, and what I was told was shut up, Everything's going to be okay, and you know, typically it was.
Speaker 13: And that's the problem.
Speaker 16: If you allow that to happen once and nothing happens, you know, okay, we will just keep doing this until eventually you have a horrific accident, and then of course it shines the light on that kind of a practice. And you know, the bottom line is just you just hate to see it. But we've got so many pilots in the industry, so many flights today. This is such a minor occurrence. But it's like, you know, doctors, it's pilots, it's nurses, it's your CPA, it's other people that have these types of issues.
Speaker 13: You just hope they.
Speaker 16: Don't drive buses or fly planes or anything like that where the impact of that kind of decision can infect so many lives and places in danger.
Speaker 1: No doubt about it. I just see the Department's transportation is hard at work. They already sued Jet Blue. I guess now they got Frontier in Southwest and their crosshairs. Why chronically delayed flights.
Speaker 16: Yes, and you know Monday is a big day for a lot of people because that's the day we see.
Speaker 13: The baton passed.
Speaker 16: The torch goes from one to another with regards to one administration to another. But I'm going to miss the pressure that the Biden administration is placed on airlines. And I've said that before because when you look at the dot, they're saying, if you have a chronically late flight, we're going to hold you accountable.
Speaker 13: In other words, if you've got.
Speaker 16: A flight that's delayed at least ten times a month where it arrives thirty minutes or late each time, you know it's a problem and you as the business need to fix the problem because you can't blame it on the weather. You can't blame it on the ATC if.
Speaker 13: It's happening ten times a month.
Speaker 16: So yeah, Jet Blue find two million dollars, a Frontier find six hundred and fifty thousand dollars. Southwest now is also looking at fines because of these chronically delayed flights. It's like you're scheduling something that you know can't possibly be pulled off, but you're doing it anyways, and you're putting the you know, the convenience of passengers and their schedules at risk, and you just you're not going to be allowed to do that. And I can tell you, Brian, no other industry or no other administration has applied this kind of pressure. And it reminded me of the passing of Jimmy Carter. Jimmy Carter was looked at as an absolute failure as president, but he was also the man of fact. If you go back and look at his January nineteen seventy eight State of the Union, you would think it's a Republican president talking when you hear him say there's too much government in business.
Speaker 13: There's too And he said.
Speaker 16: I'm going to deregulate the airlines, the trucking industry, and the rail to make things more competitive.
Speaker 13: And he did, and he's the.
Speaker 16: Reason that we are enjoying the cheapest fairs ever pretty much in the commercial aviation for airfares than what we did before, because he was the one that brought about the Deregulation Act of nineteen seventy eight, Brian. He also deregulated breweries. He said, the band on home breweries and they had like five thousand at the time.
Speaker 13: He said, no, it's.
Speaker 16: Now not going to be a law where you be prevented from doing that. And they've got what fifteen thousand breweries now. So you know, Jimmy Carter did a lot to get government out of business and I'm thrilled to see it. And the Biden administration has really held the airline industry accountable to a degree that's never been seen before.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 16: Trump in his first administration didn't apply this kind of pressure, and my fear is going to be as of Monday, the airlines are going to go glad that's over and it's back to the crappy business before. So look, I'm glad Joe Biden is on his way out. I did not want that administration at all, but I do wish other administrations would take this kind of lead and hold airlines accountable, because for the first time in a long time, they've been doing it and making the airlines pay when they do these kinds of things such as chronically delayed flights.
Speaker 1: The burning question in my mind is always, okay, let's say Department Addressed Transportation wins and get some sort of monetary damages. Lovied, who gets the money. It's the government that puts it back in its pocket.
Speaker 13: I guess.
Speaker 16: Well, in the two million dollars Jet Blue case, a million went to the dot, a million or government went and a million went to passengers and refunds.
Speaker 13: So you know that kind of thing I like to see.
Speaker 1: But actually some of these, some of these.
Speaker 16: Brian, it's like, we're going to find you a million dollars, but you don't even have to pay four hundred thousand dollars as long as you promise never to do it again.
Speaker 13: Okay, I promise never to do it.
Speaker 16: I mean, just come on, please, Do I get to negotiate with the irs if I've got a tax bill?
Speaker 13: No, these guys do we get to negotiate with the police officer? He pulls this over.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I know this is the ticket, but I'd prefer to pay that that doesn't happen. But the airlines are allowed to get away with it. With sends the message, Well, you know, I guess you're okay to do it again.
Speaker 1: I can tell by the tony your voice day. Finally, we always close out with hub delays. How's it looking out there for air travel?
Speaker 16: You know, we had some minor de icing delays this morning as we kind of knocked the frost off of aircraft. We had issues early in Detroit that are improving for the most part. Right now we're in pretty good shape. We're gonna have some issues obviously rolling towards the northeast later today, maybe into tomorrow, but right now, if you picked today kind of in honor of our conversation, you picked a great day to fly, and at least from a weather standpoint, think should be in pretty good shape.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. Thanks so much for the information, Jay Ratleff. I always enjoy hearing from you and our conversation. We'll look forward to next Thursday and another iHeart Media Aviation expert report. In the meantime, hope you and your better half are well and have a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 16: You too, my friend, to watch out for those coyotes on the runway.
Speaker 1: Exactly fifty fifty five KRC detalk station, be right back fifty five KRC attention near rot