Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine.
Speaker 2: In the games, Mike the Bulldog beyonci Jr R Taco.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure, but I think I since we might get out. How did that taste? Oregon State out of the dog this morning?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Baby, the CBC, come on DC tournament.
Speaker 3: You see Oregon State?
Speaker 4: How did that taste?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 4: I thought he was gonna do it? Yeah, taste for the magic you see.
Speaker 2: If rallies past Oregon State seventy six to seventy five in the first round of the c b C Tournament out in Vegas, UCF shorthanded their best player in the Big Twelves, leading scorer key Shawn Hall. He didn't play in the tournament because he's already entered the transfer portal.
Speaker 4: He's gone.
Speaker 2: In fact, a bunch of on UCF and Oregon State, Oregon State's top three players didn't play in the game because they've already high tailed it out of the program because they've entered the transfer portal. UCF has some players who actually are in the portal, but they stuck around to play in this game. Ask me why they stuck around to play in this game?
Speaker 3: To see the teaming overflow crowd of eleven people in the stands.
Speaker 2: Money Nona, nona, No, No, because UCF has some of their NIL deals structured smartly intelligently that if you want that last NIL payment, you have to play the entire season, including any postseasons.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 4: So I was correct on money. Good good.
Speaker 2: Yes, So players who are already you know, gonna transfer out, they're playing this one last tournament so they can get paid on their way out the door. So anyway, so good for UCF. They won this tournament. I don't know this tournament is going to be around next year.
Speaker 3: Wait, no, they won the game. They didn't win the tournament yet.
Speaker 2: No, no, they won the game and they advanced in the tournament. They won their opener last night. Now they will play Cincinnati Thursday night in the in the next round. Good for you, CF Taco Bob mitching the magic. The only thing consistent about the Magic is their inconsistency. Okay, they win last night one hundred and sixteen to one oh five over San Antonio Victor Wimbayama. Of course these San Antonio Spurs star he's out for the season blood clots. But man Kentavious Calwell Pope welp Welcome to a season already in progress. In fact, the season that's almost over. KCP finally lived up to his billing when the Magic acquired him in the offseason. He hit seven of nine to three pointers last night scored twenty three points for the Magic. He pretty much clunched the game with back to back threes late in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 4: Since the All Star break.
Speaker 2: By the way, Magic aren't playing very well home, but there are seven and two on the road, the Franz A and Palo Banco. They both scored twenty four points for the Magic. Other superlatives ban Cao now has twenty plus points in eighteen straight games. That's the sixth longest streak in team history. He and the Franz have now both scored twenty plus in nine consecutive games. That's set the longest streak by a Magic duo ever and also the second longest in NBA history by a duo.
Speaker 4: Twenty three years old, a Pat, tell the dog what I'm wearing today.
Speaker 1: He's got his Magic shirt on today, Bud. Yeah, I didn't even did not even know the score of the game. And last night when I set my clothes aside. I said, I'm wearing that Magic shirt because they're gonna win tonight.
Speaker 3: And they did so, my god, they slide into seventh now right in the East.
Speaker 2: They're in the seventh spot now in the East and by the and I realize we overreact to the Magic on a game by game basis, But here's my overreaction today. This is the conavious call. Well, Pope, we've been waiting for. He showed up last night at the right time with KCP. Now Cole Anthony's back, Caleb Houston has been hitting threes off the bench. Pallo and the Franz finally have some help. This is what the Magic.
Speaker 4: Need to make some noise in the playoffs.
Speaker 5: They need consistency, which is what you started with, getting consistency out of the Tampa Bay Lightning fourth winning the row in a row for to one over the Islanders last night.
Speaker 4: Doggie boom, how did that taste?
Speaker 1: New?
Speaker 4: What how did that taste? Hey? Tiger Woods?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just this was I'm surprised he did this, to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tiger Woods pranked millions of his social media followers on April Fool's Day when he posted the message quote, I can't believe I'm saying this, but a few weeks after rupturing my left achilles, sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber and the explosive list my doctors have me doing, I am now ready to play the Masters next week.
Speaker 4: Can't wait see y'all on the course.
Speaker 2: Wow. He waited six minutes before clarifying that yes, it was a joke and quote, my achilles is still a mess. So he was trying to prank, and he did prank his social media followers. Last week, of course, Tiger posted on social media that quote love is in the air and acknowledged that he's in a romantic relationship with Vanessa Trump and even posted a couple of romantic photos with him and his new squeeze. And now he's pulling an April Fools prank on social media.
Speaker 4: I have a theory.
Speaker 2: My theory is Tiger has been irrelevant on the golf course for so long.
Speaker 4: Now he's bored, and he missed the pot.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, he's bored with money. That can be a bad concoction, you know, just sitting back, Hey, bulldog.
Speaker 3: NFL owners yesterday voting for some rule changes, although they tabled the tush push band for now.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Evidently they're going to revisit the tush push at their May spring meetings up in Minnesota. So yeah, the NFL is incredible. They are the only league in the world that could make us take a break from March Madness, the opening of baseball season and all of these other sports going on to debate and discuss the merits of the tush push for an entire week.
Speaker 3: So what touchbacks now are going to come out to the thirty five yard line in hopes of increasing the number of returns. Both teams will now get a shot at possession in overtime in the regular season.
Speaker 4: I like both of those rules, by the way. Good deal, good deal. Yeah, So yeah, the tush push has been tabled. By the way.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the NFL owners meeting, our own brand and crab It's host of our afternoon show on our station. He's been down there reporting on the NFL owners being He came on our show yesterday and said that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are trying to block Orlando's bid to get the Jaguars for the twenty twenty seven season because the Bucks contend that that would hurt their business over in Tampa because they have, you know, fans over in Orlando as well.
Speaker 4: I say, screw the Bucks. Yeah, threw the But I see what they're saying. But uh, whatever, dude, just deal with yours. What if the.
Speaker 2: Buck's ever done for us? They've never played a game over here, preseason games here before. Yeah, I'm talking about regularly. Well look, look, here's the bottom line. The state's population has grown to the point where there's plenty of fans to fill both those stadiums during the regular season. Come on, right, and how many fans are at how many Bucks season It's not like Bucks season ticket holders are going to cancel.
Speaker 4: There's some tickets to go to the Jams.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm a Jags fan now, yeah, forget the box, I'm Jags all right.
Speaker 3: He is Mike the Bulldog, being like you, host of open Mic on a M seven forty and FM ninety six ninety game, taking time out of his show each morning to join us here for the sports page on j R R.
Speaker 2: By the way, a happy birthday to Marvin Gay posthumously obviously, Oh oh, fellow.
Speaker 4: The w j r R, Orlando's rock station.
Speaker 2: Early