Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, Welcome to another edition.
Speaker 2: Of Let's Get Biblical.
Speaker 1: With your host, a man formerly in the world of entertainment as.
Speaker 2: A stand up comedian and actor, now an evangelists for Christ.
Speaker 1: Here he is j D.
Speaker 2: For the music beside my session message. Welcome everybody to another episode of Let's Give Biblical right here on your favorite podcasting platform, whether it's Freaker, Spotify, Apple iTunes, and more. We thank you, guys for listening over the last seven years to a program that brings the Bible to you in a unique way, taking the scriptures from the good old bi b l e. The basic instructions before leaving manual, and using the forms of transparency in the hopes of transformation in your life, my life, and the collective life around us. Guys, thanks for listening last week to a new program, and in two weeks two weeks ago, we had a brand new program and segment here on the show went very well, and we're bringing it.
Speaker 3: Back this week.
Speaker 2: And it's called what is it called mister Moviefone musical breakdown? That's right, what is it again? Musical breakdown? And he works really hard on that voice. We don't get a lot of funds for the show. In order to give you a cool drop one more time musical breakdown. I love it here on Let's get Biblical with KDI. Two weeks ago we played a song by Brandon Lake which was called Gratitude. We took Gratitude and we wrapped it around the scriptures from the Bible in how music can affect our mind, body, and soul just like the Bible. And we do use a lot of music on this show that is Christian based, but we may get into a few songs in the world that we live in that could have been undercover Christian songs where the Lord works in mysterious ways. We'll probably do that in weeks to come here on the show. But this week we want to talk about a man that I love. His name is Zach Williams. Zach Williams is in the world of Christian kind of country music. And I know what you're thinking. For you non believers, atheists and kind of lukewarm believers, kind of walking in faith and trying to figure out your life. You're like, I don't know about this show. I'm getting all these creepy feelings, right now and it just doesn't feel right. That's because the soul is trying to come out of your skin. That is the opposition trying to break out of the skin that you're in because.
Speaker 3: You are a child of light.
Speaker 2: So what we do here on the show is is we have a phrase for everybody, from non believer to somebody who's been walking with Christ a very long time, and we dare you. We dare you to stick around. We dare you to listen to the show. We dare you to grow your faith with us in a unique way. And we do that through what segment.
Speaker 3: Again, musical breakdown.
Speaker 2: Right here on. Let's get biblical with the likes of Zach Williams. Today, I'm gonna have a little bit of testimony why this song hits my heart, all right, As a former stand up comedian actor, it really hit my heart when I first heard this song, and it's called hated Now. When I was walking in the world, when I did not have Jesus and didn't know Jesus, I was hated as a stand up comedian and an actor, and I'll tell you why. And then all of a sudden, when I started following Christ, I became hated you would think, why would you leave the regular world of entertainment and acting to follow Christ and still be hated? Well, my testimony is coming up with that, and we'll also take that song from Zach Williams and wrap it around some scripture, because, believe it or not, we as Christians are meant to be hated. Here's Zach Williams on our musical breakdown with hated and let's get biplical with kat.
Speaker 4: I'm walking in and keeping your commands, getting backs turned on. I'm juggling with since my flesh I don't want to kill, but then the world won.
Speaker 3: Like a pride on myself. You let me run somehow.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day the claws with faith and I run back to the truth being.
Speaker 5: Found world it's all ready out. I think I'd rather he hated it. Loving you you.
Speaker 6: Seeing this meaning kind should set my mind. Uncle leans a book.
Speaker 7: With my fury, where my treasure is, where rap measure up. So why I'm trading there. It's chasing the wind just to walk with you. Let them from their stones. I won't be alone.
Speaker 5: No, this won't be nothing new. It's being in love cound the world.
Speaker 1: On raiding.
Speaker 5: I be God, rather.
Speaker 2: He hated it.
Speaker 6: Loving you love me first, like the thing being loved about the word it's all rated so reading, I think.
Speaker 5: I'd really.
Speaker 7: Be hated.
Speaker 5: For loving you, love.
Speaker 8: Me, Lord, I've come back being hated for loving you, Loving.
Speaker 2: You the music of a Zach Williams and hated right here on this week's musical breakdown on Let's Get Biblical with Kate. One of my absolute favorite songs when it comes to worshiping of God. And the reason is it talks about us as Christian believers being hated by the world that's around us. And I know what you non.
Speaker 3: Believers are thinking, why do you want to be hated?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Are you hated? Right now? Let me just ask you. Are you disliked?
Speaker 2: Because hate is a big word, right Are you disliked by family members, friends, co workers, maybe somebody online? There's a lot of hate out there in the world. As a matter of fact, the word hate has become such a big word in American vocabulary over the last ten years. Ah man, you're a you're hating on that? Why you Haten'? Well, I'd rather be hated for loving Christ than the things of this world. And let me tell you something how it ties into me. Now, we're gonna take these lyrics and we're going to put them inside the comments section on our site. So when you click on the program today and you read the description, you're going to see the lyrics to Zach Williams and hated And it starts out by saying, I'm walking in a land where I'm keeping your commands, but gets my backs turned on me. You see, as christ followers were doing just that. We're walking in the land just trying to follow Christ, but we get hated on because we want to show the light of Christ. To me, that's crazy, that's insane. Just as much as a non believer and atheists may look at me and say you're crazy for believing. And somebody we can't see, I feel him. I know him because of the personal relationship that I have developed through prayer, reading the Bible, and also the testimony of others. And today you may be starting your walk and wondering where you're at in life, and you want to start this relationship because we say it every week, because it's very important. This is a relationship, not a religion. And that's where you were told wrong years ago. It's not a religion. Christ was not put on this earth and born as a baby, and they said, hey, he's here to start Christianity.
Speaker 3: No, he wasn't.
Speaker 2: He was here to develop a personal relationship with us, so we can follow him into the promised Land which his kingdom come, which is coming soon. Back to the song and the lyrics, it says, I'm juggling wills. It's my flesh I want to kill. We're always battling our flesh. You know, non believer as much as us believers. There's times where you want to pick up that bottle, or you want to turn on that porn a porn website.
Speaker 3: I said it.
Speaker 2: You want to flip to this girl's instagram even though you're married. Ladies, you do the same thing. You may be looking at this guy's instagram and going.
Speaker 3: Ooh, there we go. That's your flesh.
Speaker 2: And as a matter of fact, next week we're gonna talk about the battle between the flesh and the spirit. Here on, let's get biblical. But the world won't want me, It says, like a prodigal son. You let me run because somehow you knew at the end of the day, my applause would fade and I'd run back to the truth. And this is where I'm gonna stop me. As a former stand up comedian actor, that's all I did, running after the world, trying to get your likes, trying to get your laughs, get your pictures with me.
Speaker 3: So I can be out there in the world and people know me.
Speaker 2: This program has nothing to do with me other than my voice and God using it as an instrument, not just for your will, but for mine as well. Each and every time I do a podcast, I say that God uses my instrument that he is put inside of me with speaking and entertainment for a reason, and that's to deliver his word in a unique way. I thank you guys for sticking around, because when I was a stand up comedian and an actor, that's all it was about God. I was a I'm sorry, Lord, forgive me. I was a pos I really was. You can figure out the acronym on that, but I was. I was such an egotictical, egotistical prick.
Speaker 3: I said it.
Speaker 2: If any former stand up comedians or anybody I ever worked with or listening to this program, forgive me. The Lord has already forgiven me. And I know it's a path I had to go down. I had to learn what I was doing to you, because I knew later on in my walk as a Christian, I was going to be hated. I would step on people just to get to the next gig. Ooh, it was a headlining gig for one hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: When I could have been at home with my kid, been at home with my family, I chased the things of this world. Nor longer do I want to. I made a video for one of our other podcasts the other day, our San Antonio Spurs Weekly podcast, because I'm a big Spurs fan in the NBA, and I made a video roasting a former Laker, and I did it, but I didn't post it yet because I started thinking, I'm throwing shade. I'm throwing hate, as the world would say. Now, even though I'm meaning it to be funny. I'm hating when I shouldn't be doing that because I'm hated as a Christian, and I don't like the word Christian. I'm sorry. And the reason is is because this is a derogatory term that was used by the Romans to point out followers of Christ. I'm a christ follower. I walk with Christ, so you'll hear me slip and stumble from time to time when I say that I'm a Christian, I don't put myself in those categories other than I'm walking with Christ and that's where I want you to be. But know, if you're out in the world, that's what you're doing. You're trying to gain the world. Why just answer yourself that question? Like I didn't post that video. I was thinking, why am I posting it so I get likes, I get laughs?
Speaker 3: What is it actually doing?
Speaker 2: Same thing with some of you people out there posting your pictures of what you eat. Why why do we post everything? Because you want the world to love you. You want people you don't even know to press that like button because when that like button's hit and you get in notification, you get this shot adrenaline inside of you where you feel loved. Well, guess what you could have that every day when you are absolutely walking in Christ, to know that you're constantly loved. And listen, my mother and father loved me unconditionally, and maybe you don't have a mother and father. Maybe you weren't loved. And this is why it's hard for you to come to the Lord. To me, it should be easier. Everything else on this world has not worked for you. Why would you not come to someone who's just giving you what they call a gop a love.
Speaker 3: This love is so.
Speaker 2: Grand and big that he's trying to wrap his arms around you and just hold you and protect you and love you. The world's not going to do that for you.
Speaker 3: How do I know? Because I just said it? How do I knew?
Speaker 2: You could say that was a fraudulent slip, but that was Lord, He wanted me to say that to you. How did I knew? Because I walked there. I may not have been the next Kevin Hart. I may not have been in the next Larry the Cable Guy. Thank God, I'm just kidding, Larry the Cable Guy.
Speaker 3: I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: But I know that I was able to entertain people, make them laugh, and also use from time to time the word of God on stage. I don't know who I've affected negatively positively, But I can't wait for the day that I am up there in heaven and the Lord is like you have waited for an audience for years.
Speaker 3: Here they are.
Speaker 2: They're the ones that came to me because of the things that you said that I had you say that to me is worth being hated for more than what the world wants from you. And then the world throws shade and hate on you when you think you're just getting to the mountaintop. It's not about being on the mountaintop either, Ladies and gentlemen, if you know anything about science agriculture, where do things flourish on the side of the mountain, on the down side of the mountain in the valley. As Christ followers, I don't mind walking through the valley right. Although I shall walk through the valley of Shadow of Death, I will fear nothing when I walk through the valley. I just feel this overwhelming love protection.
Speaker 3: From the Lord, and.
Speaker 2: He leads my narrow paths straight. You may be at a crossroads in your life. You may be looking to go to the left when you're supposed to be going straight. You may be looking to left and right. There's things that look more appetizing to you. They're the things of the world. A job that can give you more money, a spouse that could give you more But in front of you, when you follow the Lord, eventually those two left and rights come to the center. While you're walking with Christ. A spouse that follows the Lord with you, a job that coincides with the Lord that walks with you. And now the hate from the world be ready. You're going to be hated as a follower of Christ.
Speaker 3: But it's such a glorious, joyous.
Speaker 2: Walk with Him when you make that decision to stay straight and listen. We're gonna stumble. We say this on the show a lot. We stumble and fall short of the glory of God. We hit those rocks in the middle of the road and we stumble a little bit. But the next rock we see, Lord's like, go around that one and we listen.
Speaker 3: We obey.
Speaker 2: A word we don't like as human beings is obey. But in this song Hated by Zach Williams, we read the first part and then it would go on and saying being loved by the world is overrated. I think I'd rather be hated for loving you. You say, in this meantime, I should set my mind on the things above, where my forever is, where my treasure is, where I measure up. That gets me every time, because in this world of walking with the world, we're trying to measure up.
Speaker 3: What are you measuring up to?
Speaker 2: You're measuring up to the next Instagram follower that has ten thousand followers and you have four. Are you trying to measure yourself up to another social media influencer on TikTok or wherever it may be, and you're just not measuring up? As we spoke of last week on the show, we talked about the four hundred years of silence where God did not say anything. Maybe you're in this rut in a quiet time for a reason, as we've mentioned, and that's where you're trying to measure up. Are you measuring up to the world? Are you measuring up to what God has aligned for you? So I'm trading in the chasing of the wind. He says, just to walk with you. So let them throw their stones, because guess what, when you say you're gonna walk with Christ, people are gonna start throwing their stones.
Speaker 3: They're shade.
Speaker 2: Oh now, all of a sudden he wants to be a pastor. Oh, all of a sudden, he was a comedian. I I've seen the bad things he's done. I've seen some horrible things he's done. I've seen the way he treated his wife in the past. I've seen the way he was with women and I'm talking about me and the world talking about me throwing those stones. I was able to withstand those stones for the Lord, and there's been nothing better in my life. I was able to deal with the rotten tomatoes on stage being thrown at me, not literally but figuratively. I had stones thrown at me on stage. That guy's not good enough. He's not a good comedian, he's not that funny. I don't know why he's headlighting here. I don't know how he got to work with so and so. All those stones that were thrown in the world to hit me were to build that callous for when I walk with Christ. Guess what, those stones that are casted by the world now because I'm a Christ follower will not hurt me. It helps that I have the full armor of God on daily and I pray for that, and the Lord gives me that gift, and he also protects me with his mighty shield and sword. He can do that for you. But are you willing to just trade in the chasing of the wind. This is where you need to make that decision in your crossroads right now. But what does the Bible say, Katie?
Speaker 3: What does the Bible say?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a song. It's a great song, and we're hated. I know I'm dealing with social media pressure, family, pressure, friends, pressuring me. You're now pressure. I'm not pressuring you. And the reason why I speak the way that I do because I don't want you to walk that.
Speaker 3: Way no more. Neither does the Lord.
Speaker 2: I know what it felt like. I'm not good enough, You're horrible on stage. Yeah that was okay, but hey, oh you're going to another gig. Are you getting paid for that? That's family that asked me that.
Speaker 3: Stones.
Speaker 2: So the Bible says this, John fifteen eighteen. If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.
Speaker 3: That's Jesus.
Speaker 2: If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. Matthew ten twenty two. Your will be hated by everyone because of me. Wow, let's stop there for just a second. If you're in the world trying to make it, somewhere somebody comes up to you says, sign this contract, sign.
Speaker 3: Over your soul. We've heard this.
Speaker 2: We've seen entertainers go from light to dark. You've seen it. You wonder why they're singing about certain things, and then all of a sudden they're singing about the dark side, but they're now making millions and they've got so many followers.
Speaker 3: They're getting those clicks and likes. Right.
Speaker 2: Well, when you do that, there's people that hate on you. Right, Oh, I can't stands Taylor Swift. I can't stand Justin Bieber.
Speaker 3: Now I don't.
Speaker 2: There's hate there, right. You will be hated by everyone because of me. I'd rather be hated by everyone while I'm following Christ and not the opposition trying to give me all the luxuries of the world. Matthew ten twenty two goes on saying, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. Can you stand firm? Luke six' twenty.
Speaker 3: Two, blessed?
Speaker 2: Blessed blessed are you when people hate?
Speaker 3: YOU i love that.
Speaker 2: One blessed are you when people hate? YOU i think being a stand up comedian and dealing with hate and what people say behind my back and whispers in my. Ears, MAN i love when they, Said i'm, like, yeah bring that. Hate WHEN i used to play, basketball you're too, small you're not good. ENOUGH i always use that as fuel to the, fire and NOW i do the same. Thing but for The, lord AND i allow that flame to burn in a different.
Speaker 3: Direction that's up To. GOD i love.
Speaker 2: That blessed are you when people hate, you when they exclude you and insults you and reject your name as evil because of The son Of? Man oh you Follow god voodoo? Magic luke six twenty. Two and that's what we're gonna end, With luke six point twenty. Two blessed are you the people when you're, hated when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil because of.
Speaker 3: The son Of.
Speaker 2: Man so what path are you gonna take? Today are you gonna con continue to follow the? World are you going to turn your life over To? Christ either, way you're gonna be. Hated But, man WHEN i know that day comes and The lord is right there, saying blessed are you because they hated you for, Me jesus was the same way when he went up that hill and carried their. Cross they hated. Him they beat, Him they hit, him they spit on. Him they continue to beat him until his flesh was torn off his. Body they put a crown on him that's stuck to his head with thorns that are one inch. Thick ripping his couranium. UPRIOR i know that is, Graphic, katie but he was hated.
Speaker 3: To save, us.
Speaker 2: So that decision to, today you're doing the same. Thing let a few people, Say, oh he's Following, christ she's Following. Christ if that is the LASHES i have to take compared to the ones That jesus took on the, Cross i'm good with.
Speaker 3: That those are my. Lashes that's my.
Speaker 2: Shade as the kids would say, Today, KATIE i don't where the. Start my life is in. Ruins i'm at a. Crossroads like you.
Speaker 3: Said it's amazing you just said.
Speaker 2: That now that's A lord talking to, you not. Me what you do is repeat after, Me Dear, God i'm a. SINNER i fall short of the glory Of god. DAILY i believe in. YOU i believe You. ROSE i believe you died.
Speaker 1: For my.
Speaker 2: Sins thank You lord for that he. Knew. Today cleanse me of my sins and allow me to walk with you to the end of my. Days please be my Personal lord and.
Speaker 3: Savior. Amen that's.
Speaker 2: It pick up A bible now read.
Speaker 3: It start In.
Speaker 2: Proverbs you want to, Know, jesus have you moved on From? Proverbs my listeners out.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 3: Move to The New.
Speaker 2: Testament go ahead and read About jesus's Boys, Matthew, Mark, luke And. John because you want to learn About jesus and develop that personal. Relationship you go talk to his, Friends you read what his friends wrote about, him and then you go straight to him in. Prayer your world will open for. Him it's an amazing road you've just. Chosen, well be ready to be hated for, him not to be hated by the world on. You that cross is too big to bear right now for.
Speaker 3: You Let jesus carry the. Cross he loves.
Speaker 2: You we love, you and thank you for listening to another episode Of Let's Get biblical With. Katie next, week we're gonna talk about how you're gonna battle the, flesh HOW i battle the flesh daily as men who we battle it every time we scroll because there's somebody doing, something we're, like oh wait a minute, NOW i can't look at. That i'm gonna talk about that and more how we battle the flesh and the. Spirit thank you guys for. Listening we'll see you on the flip. Side god bless.
Speaker 3: You take care