Speaker 1: Good time for the twenty twenty four Initials Invitational presented by Stay all Right, it's time let's go. No more wasting time, no more messing around. These are the final four that are trying to fight for a spot in the finals against the A. J.
Speaker 2: Mon Sewer and Mike Grim.
Speaker 1: They're already in, but let's go around the room and see who could be the third finalist. This is game five thirty nine in Initials history. Let's uh, let's meet Tyler George. He's an Olympic gold medalist. He won a gold medal in curling, which is a real sport. He's on the board, real thing hawk. What happens if Tyler wins today?
Speaker 3: Tyler sponsored today by Radco and ragcud dot com. If Tyler wins, youill receive ten percent off your entire order now through Monday in store or online at ragcu dot com when you use the promo code Initials. Discount does not apply to toppers, but it does everything else. Thank you, Radco, Go Tyler.
Speaker 1: Zach Halverson is the rooty of this game. We'll see if he can get that one final sack at the end of the game. Zach, What happens if you win.
Speaker 4: I am sponsored today by our friends at Seventh Avenue Pizza.
Speaker 2: Head on over to your local.
Speaker 4: Lunsond Byerley's and take advantage of the buy one, get one free sale going on at all on All Seventh Avenue Pizza. And if I win today, tweet at Meat Sauce One and take Seventh Avenue Pizza through the end of Sunday, and one lucky winner will win one hundred dollars sput towards restocking their freezer with Seventh Avenue Pizza.
Speaker 2: NFL Networks.
Speaker 1: Tom Pelasero is statistically off to one of the best starts in Initials history for a career. He's off to a blazing Startlet's see if he can add a finals appearance to his resume.
Speaker 2: Chris, what happens If Tom wins?
Speaker 3: Tom sponsors today by our good friends at ABC American Building Contractors, and if he wins today, tweet at Markety Parish and tag at ABC will help through the end of Sunday and one lucky winner will receive a one hundred dollars Visa gift card.
Speaker 1: Justin guard is the reigning defending champion of Initials. He won last year against Nordo and aj justin trying to get back to the finals. Today he is in the correct seat thanks to to Zach Hawk.
Speaker 2: What happens If.
Speaker 3: JG wins JG sponsored today by our great friends are Great Clips, and if he wins today, you can tweet at Marnie Gellner and tag at Great Clips today through the end of Sunday, and one lucky winner will win one year of free haircuts at Great Clips.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Great Clips and fantastic News for all of you. You can buy the home version at Initials Game dot com. Version four and five available now. Initially Yes, yes, Initials.
Speaker 2: To play at home Initials Game dot Com. What if I wanted to go play with other people?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys, I'm glad you organically brought that up. Initials Game Live. There are bars all over the Twin Cities where you can play this. Uh, they're adding all the time. By the end of the year, it's going to be something like one is or so right here in the Twin Cities. Yes, and beyond Tyler and beyond. I forget invited. Other than the tournament. I'd like to play a little bit more than four times a year. There's one now, one and a dine at the end of the month.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 1: That is right? And dead at Wooden Hill. Oh, Wooden Hill, Yeah yeah, I've never been there. It always looks busy.
Speaker 2: There you go. It's right by Minnesota Made Hockey Initials game Live dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, so, but before we play quarters not quarter. This is the semis semi final number three. One of you has a shot at seventy three thousand, five hundred dollars. It's time for the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union initials.
Speaker 3: Jackpop, that's right, you heard him. Seventy three thousand, five hundred dollars. You're going to buy a new car, save money in your current carloan. Do it with Saint Paul Federal Credit Union now a free Carlon rates his lowest six point two nine percent Apply today, Saint Paul f c you dot org slash kafan federally insured by the NCUA. Get on the phones now one in one hundred three two zero five three two six.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: This thing goes up five hundred dollars every week thanks to our friends at Saint Paul Federal Credit Union. And I just got these last two packets out of the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials Vault. Whatever one is not selected today will be the finals packet for next week. There are two left, Packet number one and packet number two. I gotta think who's the lowest seed here?
Speaker 4: Tyler?
Speaker 2: George Tyler, by deliver the twelfth seed?
Speaker 1: Man, think about this, the low the four lot of questions, the wool play, and how we got to death. It is no rese, yeah, no reseed. It was just how the bracket worked up. And man, that does no one last weekater.
Speaker 2: Than this one.
Speaker 1: I'd like to be on the Initials board of directors and have a vote about how this whole thing goes. Tyler, is the lowest seed? Fade in your hands. You want packet one or packet too.
Speaker 2: We're going numero uno.
Speaker 1: You're going one, all right, Packet number one. Let's see if you can win somebody seventy three thousand, five hundred dollars. They can't have to get one right, they win two fifty. If they get them both right, they win the Progressive jackpot, which is now up to a record seventy three thousand, five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: What is your name and where are you from?
Speaker 5: Tony B.
Speaker 1: From South End Paul, Tony from South Saint Paul, Tony, How would seventy three thousand, five hundred dollars change your life?
Speaker 2: It would change it dramatically cool. What would you spend it on like a hookers and blow?
Speaker 1: Move to St. Paul take the South out of pro Probably not? No, okay, not not hookers.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Well, Tony, all you have to do is tell me the write two letters and I'll give you seventy three thousand, five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: What do you want to guess? We're gonna go A as an apple and ass as a snake, A as an apple and S as in snake. All right, A S.
Speaker 1: For a shot at seventy three thousand, five hundred dollars. Tony in South Saint Paul is going a S? Does you have at least one rite for two point fifty?
Speaker 2: And is he alive? For seventy three thousand, five hundred dollars?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Sorry, Tony, Hey, Tony, just out of curiosity. Sorry to break your heart that, Tony. What's your last name or at least what does your last name start with?
Speaker 2: It starts with to be okay, it was the initials of my girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Oh you went with your girlfriend's initials. I hope that works out for your own. Your own initials would have won you two hundred and fifty dollars. But be selfish, Sorry, dude, take it easy.
Speaker 2: Tony. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The reason why I asked because his name is Tony, and the initials for game five point thirty nine just double.
Speaker 2: T, T and T T to talk of violin. Oh, you might not want to say that because that might be a thing here in a second. That's the short rule of yelling. He possibly on half the show. Maybe, yeah, maybe that's one of them.
Speaker 1: How they've been green right now, that's got to be a pretty new relationship, you know, to do the initials of your girlfriend one hundred percent. They're not married, no, right, like I wouldn't have that white Oh my god. Yes, and hence that's why he said.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, not hookers. And she's in the car with me.
Speaker 1: You can't see a wink over the phone there, good point, all right, some my final three the initials are double T that go here we go?
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, that's plain Zak is playing Hi everybody. Double T number one. Clue number one mostly cylindrical. Clue number two are often gray, brown, reddish, and more. Clue number three offers structure and support. Zach Zach Tree trunks Zack. Let's go Zach the world the board. He's playing loose, he doesn't care, he doesn't expect to win. Look at him. Tree Trunk gets Zach Halverson in the lead. Zach has one.
Speaker 1: Here's number two of double T. Clue number one ken backfire. Clue number two is sometimes lighthearted. Clue number three often distracts or frustrates.
Speaker 2: Clue number four. This is prominent in professional wrestling. Clue number five this is heard.
Speaker 1: Tom Tom was first trash talk trash talk just by a sliver Gersey. Yeah, Tom pelissero trash talk, and we have a tie between Pella Sero and Halverson.
Speaker 2: One a piece.
Speaker 1: Here is number three of double T. Clue number one strongly connected to the word no. Clue number two involves an abundance of crying guards. Zach guardy was first temper tantrum, Wow out, Zach, I was gonna say I'm passed.
Speaker 2: All right, Zach is passing. Clue number three.
Speaker 1: Features defiant behavior. Clue number four often involves tantrums. Clue number five in theory lasts exactly one, Yep, Terrible twos, and Zach is back in the league. You're on the right path, Gersey, but specifically the Terrible twos.
Speaker 2: I just learned you can retract a bid if you're second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you if you're ringing second, you can technically say that's what I was going to guess, and then you can back out. So yeah, Uh, Terrible Twos gets Zach Halverson his second point.
Speaker 2: Believe America lose. He's playing Louise. Here he comes. Uh, Tom has one, Zach has two.
Speaker 1: Here's number four of double t Clue number one, Yeah, might be pushed.
Speaker 2: Clue number two.
Speaker 1: Sometimes extremely detailed. Clue number three might be powered Clue number four.
Speaker 2: One of these was used to explain a plan in Back to the Future three Tom yep three time travel No Palla Sero out for the rest of number four. Clue number five often found on an oval or circular path. Final clue clue number six.
Speaker 1: These are miniature replicas and are often played with by kids.
Speaker 2: Zach Zach Tanka truck No.
Speaker 1: Down to Gersey and Tyler five or three two Tyler Tyler five or three two one Gersy five or tiny trucks.
Speaker 2: Those are toy trains? To toy trains would be the right answer. No, yeah, you figured it was wrong, but it was a great guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody gets toy train and Zach holds onto the lead. Still, Zach, you have two, Tom, you have one. Here's number five of Double TEA. Clue number one dates back centuries. Clue number two is extreme lee small. Clue number three, one of the words is a body part. Yep, Tom Thumb, that's right, Tom Thumb. You knew that was going to be in there, and Tommaso guessed it on the first time.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Funny because Sauce has been sitting on his own pinky.
Speaker 2: Tom has to Zach. I am obsessed with as many donuts A clue in there, Tom Thumb, No, No, it's not.
Speaker 1: Yes. Maybe if we had played this game a couple of weeks ago, I could have done that, right, Tom Thumb, Donuts at the fair a plus.
Speaker 2: All right, we have a tie.
Speaker 1: Pello Sero has two, Zach has two, but there's still tons of time. Here's number six of Double t Clue number one involves multiple fields, areas, or skills. Clue number two features excelling or proficiency. Clue number three can be found in sports, business, entertainment, and more. Clue number four involves versatility and capability.
Speaker 2: Clue number five. This is extremely valuable on Broadway. Guardsy go for it, tone tapping.
Speaker 1: No, I was thinking the same thing, man, I was thinking the same thing. Gerzi for the rest of number six or sorry, yeah, number six. Here's clue six of number six.
Speaker 2: Clu number six.
Speaker 1: This is a performer who is good at acting, singing, and dancing.
Speaker 6: Tyler triple threats.
Speaker 2: That's a triple threats.
Speaker 1: Nice job, man, triple threat They can do it, all those triple threats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I blame Tyler. He picked a packet number one. I blame me.
Speaker 1: Six to go and the champ has yet to score. But you've got tons of time. Nobody's pulling away because Zach and Tom each have two. Tyler has one. Here's number seven of double.
Speaker 2: T Clue number one.
Speaker 1: Thousands of people choose to go here every year. Clue number two started in nineteen twenty three. Clue number three immortalized Will Rogers and soap SuDS. Clue number four involves research. Clue number five, known for black and scarlet.
Speaker 2: Zach Zach Texas Tech right, and Zach goods point number three.
Speaker 7: That's the Texas Tech Red Raiders immortalized who in SuDS, Will Rogers and Soap SuDS says, that's the horse I believe they have like a statue of big statue on campus of Will Rogers and Soap SuDS.
Speaker 1: Key Texas Tech. All right, Zach Halverson with the lead with three, that's a great story. Tom has two, Tyler has one. JG yet to score. Everybody mathematically still in the missile because there's five left.
Speaker 2: Zach go here we go. Here's number eight of double T. Clue number one is often first, but not exclusively. Clue number two. These could reflect a certain message or theme. Clue number three. These are often heavily promoted. Guardsy go for it, Ted talk man, I like how he's.
Speaker 1: Laughing at all to start taking some shots, Ted talk no incorrect, Gerdsey out for the.
Speaker 2: Rest of number eight. Clue number four.
Speaker 1: Can be played and heard, Zach, Zach title track, Oh my god, those are title tracks?
Speaker 2: Is starting to kick some ass came in that room. Okay, he's a main room though. We sure that's a title track.
Speaker 1: Wow, Zach, Oh, I'm mathematically eliminated, aren't I No, you need the last four though you got anything else, Gursey, and we have a new champ. Otherwise, you are still mathematically and there's four to go.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling it.
Speaker 1: Zach has four, Tom has two, Tyler has one. Gersey needs the final four. Here's number nine of double t.
Speaker 2: Clue number one.
Speaker 1: Not always but commonly done individually. Clue number two is competitive.
Speaker 6: Tyler, go for it table tennis.
Speaker 2: Both of those fit but incorrect. Tyler out for the arrest of number nine. Clue number three.
Speaker 1: Features a specific distance. Clue number four involves speed.
Speaker 2: Is Zach Zach time trial? It's gonna happen. We're so close. Zach is on the brink of that three Titans of industry.
Speaker 6: Wow, time trial, get it.
Speaker 2: Here's the old situation. JG. You're mathematically out. Tyler, you're mathematically out. Tom. You need the last three.
Speaker 1: Any combination besides Tom getting the final three and Zach walks it off. So Gersey, Tyler, and Zach all currently playing for Zach Alberson. Be cool, Zach, you played loose all morning. Don't get tense now, Zach going for the win? Peli Sero needs the last three for the tie here available to run the stream next Friday. There we figure it out. Next uh, Next Friday is gonna be on the brink of happening for Zacho if he just gets this one. Here's number ten, Zach going for the win of double team. Clue number one, somewhat cylindrical. Clue number two. The first word is slang for its origin Tom Tom tube top. Zach wins is moving on some pitches, moving on to the finals. Finalist Zach Halverson didn't expect to say that phrase.
Speaker 2: Wow, let's let's play these last half out? Why you play the gamew Zach? No, all right, let's finish.
Speaker 1: I don't know, and he is five. He could really run up the score here and post a giant number. Okay, calm down, let's see clue number three, often found on the side.
Speaker 6: Tyler Tyler, Tater tots.
Speaker 2: Tyler gets point number two.
Speaker 1: All right, Zacho's moving on, But let's play these last year.
Speaker 2: No, but let's get one for pride.
Speaker 1: Right, there's number eleven of double t Number one often involves deals or special offers.
Speaker 2: Clue number two. This is an informal tradition.
Speaker 6: Tyler, go for it.
Speaker 2: Taco Tuesday, you're getting hot. You're getting hot too late. That's Taco Tuesday. Here's the final item, the ones for the end. Well should have got some of those first ones.
Speaker 1: Number one, commonly connected to sudden stops, Tom, go for it, Teeter, totter. Zach makes Zach tyre track down to gery, and Tyler occurs to the biggest.
Speaker 2: Clue. Number three, one of the words is a body parts.
Speaker 6: Tyler, go for it, toe tap no, gergy, you get.
Speaker 2: All three throws?
Speaker 1: Yes year. Number four often connected to debilitating pain, okay, turret.
Speaker 2: Zach's going out of the final.
Speaker 1: Zach, the finals one week from today, a J Mon Sewer versus Mike Grimm versus Zach Elverson, a bracket that nobody had.
Speaker 2: Grimmer is so excited, no doubt, because Grimmer.
Speaker 1: Thought, no matter who of the three of you got to the finals, it would be a J and Gersey, or a J and Tom, or a J and Tyler.
Speaker 2: Grimmer's like, I got no chance. Grimmer's good.
Speaker 1: Into the finals, all right, Zach, Now that it's I wanted to get me going true percent?
Speaker 2: Chance? What chance did you think you had before today started? Like one?
Speaker 1: I mean, look at it, and I was worried too about the surge. Tyler is very streaky, particularly towards the end, and we just saw it there. It just came a little bit too late.
Speaker 6: But breaking down the tape, that was man, I studying tip some pictures.
Speaker 2: Man, all right, Zacha, what happens now that you've won?
Speaker 4: Well, you can tag at Meat Sauce one and tag Seventh Avenue Pizza through the end of Sunday one lucky winner when one hundred dollars to put towards restocking their freezer was Seventh Avenue Pizza.
Speaker 2: Wow, I can't believe I read.
Speaker 3: That nobody was going to break your stride today, Zach.
Speaker 2: No, No, nobody's gonna slow me down. Playing loose.
Speaker 1: Gerdsey Identa takes a tough loss last night as a twenty one point at point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now you get shut out by Zach shut out. Excuse me, turkey, good point. I didn't excuse me. The game was so over I forgot to give you that last guys to mind lost to Zach. Yeah, that is true.
Speaker 1: Two weeks ago, Tom and I should be paid endorsers for you dining in public schools.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not that anymore, Not anymore. The checks did not cant go Bear's baby, go Bear, get sniped on what you snite me on trash talk thrash trash talk. Yeah, what a mess. And I felt good. I mean I felt good in my guesses. I was in control at that point.
Speaker 5: I guess I killed myself going early on time trials if I get that when we're tired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was waiting for time trials, was waiting for Tom Thumb and nobody got toy training. You don't remember Doc Brown pushing that toy train the future was back to the Future three.
Speaker 2: I didn't make that one.
Speaker 1: You were trying to figure out how that train was going to get up to eighty eight an hour pushed.
Speaker 5: As soon as you say back to the future, then everybody drinks time traveling.
Speaker 6: You get that out of your head.
Speaker 1: Texas Tech, I was nowhere. He didn't say the worst back to the future. See at least Tom's smart. It's by far the worst far. First one is the only one that's an A plus the other two.
Speaker 2: The second one is weird and dark and tolerable. Three is a bunch of nonsense. And I'm proud of them for that the correct answer. I love it. Chris loves the thing.
Speaker 7: I like it.
Speaker 2: I like the Cowboys stuff.
Speaker 1: I would like to play other than a wooden nickel or wooden hill Hill Hill. It would be nice to play every once in a while game Live dot Com and go play it at a bar around sound Okay, that makes sense. I've got plenty of sure, you can get invited more than once tournament. I'd just to make faciok expressions again based on what Zach says or does. That was the ultimate rope a dope hell he not being able to read for the first nineteen minutes I was here and then just bang out initials. Unbelievable, man, and then giving you a play settings basically where you were all supposed to sit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, football player, he was playing chess today.
Speaker 6: He's a football player.
Speaker 1: He put all three of you in a room right to forget that he even exists. He was going to sit back there in the dark and just for god, we'll remember now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. I'm so proud of you, Zacho. Well done, Thanks guys, thank you, well done. Yeah. It's been wow. That's crazy. I can't believe you wanta we got it? You want to say, I want this is the first Oscars speech. Ever, I want to think. I want to thank my Grandma Marley and there you go.
Speaker 3: That's the that's the big one right there. Yeah, that's the big one. Didn't nobody broke your stride because Grandma was in here?
Speaker 1: Man, good job, congratulates a good luck today, Zacho dot Com, Tom Tom Pols Sero NFL network. Where can people watch you in the NFL network? I assume today the Insiders Central Time every Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday. Listen to the podcast. Let's say everywhere your podcast is promoted more than our shows on those station.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 1: And I couldn't tell you how to find it. Yeah, I google it like everyone else. Handle that, h Gersey, what's next for you? Enough said today? And then bumper to bumper tomorrow. That's right, the wolf Pack. They're staying right across the street. Anybody see the big truck at the tree. That's a rope a dope. If they're not, their equipment truck is over there, is that right? I drove by it and Tyler, what's next you Outside of the Olympics in two years.
Speaker 5: That's doing some broadcasting for the Grand Slam events. They'll be in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, first week of October. Looking forward to that, getting more of the broadcast scene.
Speaker 1: Love, I assume you're going to link up on social media. People want to watch that and find out where are they can watch you do some broadcast.
Speaker 5: We got a new wave of that stuff, Jared Allen and some investors involved, George Kittle, DJ Hockinson.
Speaker 2: So wow, no kidd, good for you guys talk stuff.
Speaker 3: Thank you Tyler, thanks for being here.
Speaker 2: Man, always appreciate it. Fellows.
Speaker 3: Thanks and this real quick if you don't mind. Happy thirtieth birthday Alexander Hockey, good call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bailey's nineteen tomorrow. Don't forget Smitty O. I'm can I forget three.
Speaker 1: Huge sauce his birthday and somebody body cares. Somedays Friday football Feast with charge Pa nor No no, that's next nine and we'll see you on Monday, five thirty to nine.
Speaker 6: This side outs.
Speaker 2: So I ain't ready, haven't waiting for days, and I'm talking about I don't know no just what you went through. So when I I wrote this song, say thank you