Speaker 1: Billy Cunningham, the Great America work on this glorious Friday afternoon in the tri State, has winners set in this global warming finally given away to reality. I'm going to have some nasty weather coming up, and Thanksgiving doesn't look good either. But until then, Rob Sanders, Kent County Prosecutor, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Rob. First of all, we have the issue of marijuana big time between Ohio and Kentucky. There might be a difference there, but I read with interest this story written by Kevin Grosha of The inquir But a woman committed paper terrorism trying to take over homes in Hyde Park and Amberley Village, and she had great success in doing it for a while. Plus she went to a local BMW dealership and wrote a check for one hundred and thirty eight thousand dollars to drive off on a brand new BMW happy to sell it. And I also watch him this morning, Sheriff Bouchard, and one of those suburban counties around Detroit. They've had terrible circumstances in some of the Royal Oak communities of these Chilean games in Venezuela and Chile and I didn't know this, but inside of America right now, there's about one hundred and fifty to two hundred separate gangs each with five to ten members who operate in high end communities to burglarize homes, break into cars, steal cars, et cetera. And they try not to hurt anyone because they don't want much public scrutiny because if you hurt someone, they get a little more public scrutiny for people like you. So before we talk about these high end gangs that are terrorizing homes, breaking into cars all over Boone County and Cincinnati, et cetera, is it a difficulty. You have many high end areas bo and Bean and Kenton County in which large numbers of individuals have multimillion dollar homes. And according to the Inquir story, this is happening around her name around the country. Her name is Katie Sharad. She tried to take over a two point seventy five million dollar Hyde Park home. Among the tactics, she monitors it for a while people are gone on vacation or left for a while. She breaks into the home, moves in furniture, changed the locks. She then files quick claim documents Hamley County Recorder's Office and what she says, she's the owner and Sharad is sixty four. So can you walk us through if you had a Villa Hill's home that was broken into, and there's a million dollar home and the family's gone for a month and someone moves in and they change the locks, what can the police do?
Speaker 2: Well, Willie, thanks for having me back on again. It's a little cold than the last time we talked. But what you're talking about, it's been a problem in other parts of the country. It's not something we've really seen here locally, certainly knock on Wood. Haven't seen it in Kenton County just yet. But imagine if you're out on vacation, you know, the one of the many iHeartRadio vacations that you were provided each year to luxury resorts all over the state of Florida. But imagine you come home to this wonderful, high end, exotic residence that you finally broke down and decided to purchase here in Kenton County because you knew how much safer it is on the south side of the river, only to come and find out somebody living in your home. And when you call the police and say, hey, this person burglarized my house. You know, this is where I live. And the person the burglar says, the heck with Willy, this is my house. I don't know what he's talking about. He hadn't been here for thirty days. Now. Anybody like me or Tony Bender would say, well, will he takes thirty day vacations all the time. That's not unusual. But well, how's the police officer going to know. He's going to say, look, you all need to figure this out. You know how many people walk around with the deed to their house in their back pocket and can pull it out for the police and say, no, here's the proof, here's my home deed to prove that I live in this residence. And if the other person pulls out their own quick claim deed, is this lady apparently manufactured in this case in Hamilton County and she says, nope, here's my quick claim deed. I live here. They sold me this residence. I can tell you that most police officers are probably going to go, well, look, I'll take a report and turn it over to the detectives and let them figure it out. But you guys need to go hire yourself some private lawyers and figure this out. Who's got the clear title to this residence. In the meantime, you're left without a home. I mean, I guess Willie can just fly back to Florida. It's your luxury US state down there. But most people don't have those second homes, so they would be forced to I guess go get a hotel room until they can hire an attorney to start aviction proceedings or something. Because if there's no clear proof who owns the residence, what are the police to do? And certainly this is not the kind of crime. That's not like a liquor store hold up or a fist fight or a domestic squabble. This is not something that police handle on a day to day basis, so they probably wouldn't know what to do right off the bat. But I can only imagine the horror these folks in Hyde Park and Amberley Village were going through when this lady basically hijacked their homes.
Speaker 1: Her name is Katie Charad, also known as Leila Israel, and it began with the one hundred and thirty five thousand dollars check that was hot pull off the lot with the BMW, which, by the way, it bounced up at the.
Speaker 2: Good trick too, and it Willie. I mean, I can't go to Walmart and think for anything with the check without running them through the little scanner to see how much money I got in my bank account. This is getting Leadia apparently bought a BMW, but geez.
Speaker 1: The scheme began in the home in Amy Village in January of twenty twenty three. She had the locks change, She was able to deceive the title company, et cetera, and she actually closed at a title on the home. And then the checks were no good. I would think they have to be verified. But then a week later, on January sixteenth, the police responded to the home when the homeowners came home. The locksmiths were hired. They were paid six hundred dollars to change all the locks, and the prosecutor said, well, you can't do that. They investigated it. They did not kick her out of the home because they thought, well, she says she lives there, You say, we don't.
Speaker 3: What do we do.
Speaker 1: It took a week or ten days they finally figured out it was a crime, arrested her, and the Common Police Court judge in Hamley County on that circuit says gave her approbation and find her eight hours.
Speaker 2: This lady must have been a heck of a con artist, Willy, because according to what I read in the enquir she even had a real estate agent showing her houses. So I guess she could just go out and shop for houses and see which one she wanted to steal. Because I mean, but I guess they say, if you're going to steal, you know, go big or go home, and in this case, go for a two point seventy five million dollar home, because she certainly was not just buying a little shack down on the riverbank somewhere. She was she was going for the for broke. I guess if you're gonna steal, steal two point seventy five million. But it believed it or not. It says that the deal fell apart when there were problems with the proof of funds documents, and I can only imagine, Yeah, when you show the proof of funds documents and there ain't no funds, it's pretty tough to prove that you have them. But I guess somebody must have let her in, or maybe just because they showed her the residents, and she realized nobody was there at the time, and so there was nobody there to call the police if she broke in. This is crazy stuff, but I can imagine that what this really would be terrorism for a homeowner. If you can imagine coming home, calling the police and having the police tell you, well, it's going to take us a week or two to sort this out.
Speaker 1: Go and I guess she used the real estate agent two point seventy five million. She told the agent I got it, got the money in cash, and she used that as part of the scheme. So the agent would show upgraded homes all over the tri State and then from that she could say, well, the agent said the house is unoccupied, the owners aren't here. So that was a way of saying, okay, this house is available, and then she would quickly I agree to buy it, move in, change the locks, go to a closing, and from doing that she would know which houses were occupied which were not, because the agent bought and sold what she had. And now, unfortunately she got in front of her real judge, Patrick dinkelocker hang them high, so high your feet can touch the ground. He sent her to state prison for three years and he said, enough of this year out of commission. I'm certain when she gets out, she's gonna do the same thing, and I'll just continue.
Speaker 2: It'll be looking for another scheme. I'm sure, Willy, because three years. Although I am pleasantly surprised to see that they're still a judge in Hamilton County that actually puts criminals in prison where they belong, three years in all that time, not that much time at least, I know this is a non violent property offense. To the people that write the laws in the state capital book, to the people that came home to find somebody squatting in their house, it's a pretty violent crime when you have to go get a hotel room somewhere for a couple of weeks. Well, family who lives in your two point seventy five million dollar mansion. Yeah, I can imagine that to them. Three years probably doesn't seem like nearly enough.
Speaker 1: At our sentencing, a charad told pack Judge Denk a locker quote, I got a hold of some knowledge and I just did it. I wasn't aware of the consequences. Duh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's you know, Willie. To some people, it's amazing to some people when I say people to some criminals out there, to them, going to prison is just an unfortunate reality that a lot of times they can avoid. You know, they look at going to prison like you and I look at going to the dentists like you know, I really don't look forward to going to the dentist, but you know, you've got to go in once twice a year get your teeth clean. That's just how life works. They look at prison that way, and she's probably standing in front of judge of inkle locker saying three years okay, yeah, well that happens. I guess, you know, it's really not the deterrent that we would hope it would be. But hopefully prison won't be a very pleasant stay for her, certainly not as luxurious as the two point seventy five million dollar home that she stole, and she will be less inclined to do it again. But you know, really, stuff like this is happening more and more, and it's such a nightmare for the people whose identities are stolen. And if you've ever had just something as basic as somebody else's credit cards show up on your credit report and you're going, hey, wait a second, why is my credit score getting dinged for a few points here because this isn't my credit card. I've never had a late payment or I've never been passed due on a bill, but yet it's shows up on your credit report somehow. Trying to get that fixed is a nightmare enough. I can only imagine what happens if somebody actually steals your identity and starts opening up credit accounts in your name. And that's what we had happened in Kenton County not too long ago. We found out about this guy named John Sharp. Kenton County Police arrested him a couple weeks back in November. His case was just found over to the grand jury. They found when they searched his home, over fifty three different identities that this guy had stolen from Ohio, Kentucky, California, Pennsylvania, and Utah. And they found out that this guy. The police here in Kenton County didn't even know what this fellow was up to until police in Florida called him and said, hey, we got a guy in Florida down here that's got some credit accounts opened with your local cable company and with the Value City Furniture store in Kenton County and he's never set foot in Kentucky, So he's asking us to ask you how somebody opened those accounts when he's never been to your state. And when they started researching this John Sharp fellow, they found videos online of this guy actually filming himself teaching other would be criminals how to commit identity theft and how to open up credit accounts in other people's names. So we've got fifty three different victims right now in counting. We've got thousands of dollars. Ken Ganty Police Department still calculating the total loss from all that identity theft. But John Sharp's now sitting in our Kenton County Detention Center on a fifty thousand dollars cash bond, looking at up to twenty years in prison for a real similar scam. The totally different. He can go out and steal a house, but he was stealing people's identity and using it to furnish his own house. That's what we found. He spent some of the money on at least from those stolen identities, was opening up a credit account in somebody else's name, and in buying furniture for his own house.
Speaker 1: Can you go to jail because in Hamlet County unless you're get in front of it like a tech a locker, you're not going to jail. In fact, a lot of these gangs that break into cars, like in Madisonville, like in Price Sale, like in Boone Counties, having a whole bunch of car break ins. It's almost penalty free because at least in Hamlin County, if you're a juvenile, you can show up in front of a juvenile court judge in Hamlin County, nothing's going to happen to you. And so just don't hurt anybody, don't shoot anybody. Just do that and you're below the radar. If you engage in multiple car break ins in Kenton County and you're caught, what happens in Hamilton County, nothing happens.
Speaker 2: Well WILLI? It depends if you're a juvenile and now I'm important caveat here. Kentucky law breaks up responsibilities for prosecuting among two different prosecutors. Come up with attorney, which is what I am, and I handle adults. Fell any cases in juveniles when they commit things like rapes and murders where they get bound over to be tried as an adult, But most juvenile crime is prosecuted by our county attorneys, and not a whole lot happens in juvenile court, and it's really not the county attorney's fault. Our state legislature a few years ago gutted the juvenile crime laws in Kentucky. They nun treat juvenile crimes much less. Hamilton County treats all crimes and that's no punishment, no accountability. But if they're adults, yes, the adults still go to prison. I think you get one bited probation on the south side of the River for property crimes as long as nobody's hurt. But if you do it a second time, or if you've got prior felonies on your record, we actually put people in prison for that's still over here. And a lot of folks that travel to Northern Kentucky that aren't from Northern Kentucky and maybe don't listen to the Bill Cunningham Show and don't know about all the different cases where we have convicted people and incarcerated people for these types of defenses. They are shocked to find out that there are still jurisdictions in this country where you can be held accountable and you may sent to prison, even if it is just breaking into cars. In fact, Kentucky, one of the big problems we have as adults employing juveniles are putting them up to it, paying them. However, they convince the juveniles to steal the cars, break into the cars. I know that half the guns on the street used in crime are stolen in car break ins. That's where most of the illegal guns and most of the guns used to commit other crimes come from, is car thefts and car break ins. Can those people we actually just doubled the punishment on adults that put the juveniles up to it. If we can catch the adults, but the juveniles your right still space very little punishment, very very different. And I think a lot of kids turn eighteen and think they're going to get the same slap on a rist they got the whole time they were in juvenile court. And at least in Kentucky, once you get to adult court, you face much harsher consequences than if you're still hanging out in juvenile court.
Speaker 1: Now, lastly, with the four to seventy one shut down, seemingly a homeless individual I started a fire that caused that blow towards to occur. Northern Kentucky's almost impossible to get to after about three o'clock in the afternoon. There are some who say, well, it's leg on a hi to smoke some pot. Smoke a joiner too, take your time, you'll get there eventually. What is the differential, goes pot used Nowington Park? I was there for Blink and there were individuals walking around with marijuana smoking and in Washington Park, which is illegal, but police didn't rest or didn't sign anybody. And what is the differential if you want to smoke a little dope here as opposed to smoking it looking back at Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Well, Willie, marijuana is still illegal in Kentucky. We don't even have medical marijuana, much less recreational marijuana on this side of the river, so it's still illegal over here. Don't do it. Of course, we can't stop you from going to Ohio and doing it. However, if you're going to smoke dope in Ohio, legally take your uber back over because driving high is still illegal on this side of the river, as it always will be, even once we have medical marijuana approved in Kentucky, which is coming January of twenty twenty five. But you still can't drive high. So you know, if Tony under decided to smoke up so he can, he needs to do it in the cab or in an uber or something along those lines. I'm just hoping that somebody from DOT or k DOT or one of the dots passes a rule that you can no longer put playgrounds or anything else flammable underneath bridges, because this traffic over here is a nightmare. You know that it's the bridge four seventy one bridge to Campbell County that apparently burnt up. Didn't apparently burn it burn up, but apparently from this playground fire underneath it's caught. That means everybody from Campbell County now has to go across bridges into Kenton County and then cross back over into Campbell County once they're into Kentucky. And you're right, the local Department of Transportations have been tweaking the traffic light patterns to try and ease up some of the traffic, but I can tell you that it's still pretty thick, and it starts early in the day. I don't know who gets off at three pm, but there's enough of them that they start backing up traffic that early, but they and certainly by five six o'clock it's a nightmare getting home for even Fortunately my ride's not that far because I'm just a couple exits up the road and in Fort Mitchell. But anywhere you go anywhere around the interstate and anywhere east west between Covington and Newport has been nightmarison traffic. As we as we work to get this traffic lights adjusted and hopefully they get that bridge fixed soon, because yeah, it's it's been a real pain for everybody over here. I know that there is one thing I am glad it's so many of the good people in northern Kentucky fought against the tolls oh that they wanted to do on the Prince Best Bridge, because the estimates then were the seventy plus thousand people would use other bridges other than the Brince Best Bridge just to avoid the tolls. And if this which is estimated only to be a little over thirty thousand cars a day, causes this much traffic backup, thank God for the people that fought the tolls and kept them off the Prince Benz Bridge, because we'd be dealing with this every day forever instead of every day until they get that bridge fixed.
Speaker 1: I hear numbers like five hundred million dollars in March or April by Red's opening day, which is unbelievable. Rob Sanders. Hopefully there'll be fewer car breakings in Boone County, not homes commondeered in Amberley Village, Hyde Parker Villa Hills. Keep everybody straight, Rob Sanders, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours and thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, Rob.
Speaker 2: Willie, thanks for having me Happy Thanksgiving two day. Still I'm still kind of a believer. But counting down to day's the opening day.
Speaker 1: Well, eighteen percent chance of the Bengals making the playoffs after last night? Who knows Steelers lost eighteen percent chances a heartbeat, Rob Sanders, God bless you and God bless America.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thanks WILLI take care.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more. Don't be Cheech and Chong relaxing getting back to my home state of Kentucky. Just enjoy the ride on news radio seven hundred WLW. Just when you thought life was getting a bit too easy, things happen. Like Rob Sanders and others talking about individual squad is going into your home. I've seen the stories at Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, have not heard about stories here. But it's in this market, it's coming to this market. It's happening in this market now. And there's a way to protect yourself. I'll talk about in a moment. There is a way. Good friend mine named Glenn has sent me a link to a website to help you solve the problem. Should that arise in your home that you're gone for some period of time and squatters show up, move their stuff in, maybe live in your house for a while, change the locks, call a locksmith. How many times have you called a locksmith? Did they say, well, prove to us you own the home that hadn't happened yet, and so you change the locks. In Las Vegas, I'm watching the story at a Las Vegas, which is a course, a large fluent area in which people of thousands move in move out every day, so they have somebody different living in your neighborhood. It's not done unusual, And there's services in Clark County, Las Vegas, in which you can hire individuals to go into your home, and you first have to prove through the Recorder's office you have a legitimate ownership interest and as the squatters have left the house for one reason or another, or simply because the squatters are still there, and the two hairy s men get access to your home, and in Las Vegas's services available, it costs five hundred dollars a day for these individuals that you retain. And what it means is they move into your home and they might start playing loud music, stay up all hours of the night to make the squatters uncomfortable that someone else is living in the home that they don't want to live with, and they voluntarily exit the home themselves. And there's companies that will hire individuals to make life miserable for the squatter because if the police show up from Las Vegas Metro, they don't get involved in civil matters. And these squatters, much like this woman that was in front of Judge pat Dinkelocker, is quite inventive about switching identities. They can have driver's license issued or other identifiers using that address. And as they're real home, so the officer shows up doesn't know anybody personally. The squatters have identifying documents that they own the home that they have dummied up, which isn't difficult to do. And they have driver's license, credit cards in their name using that address. And so the homeowner comes back after a week or two or three weeks vacation and says, oh, wait, what's going on? The police are called. The police say look at both set of documents, saying this is a civil matter and I don't want to get involved. But he tells whoever's in the house to stay there, whoever's not in the house don't come back. And then you get an attorney that could take weeks, months or years to resolve the whole issue. And then they move into some other house. And this circumstance in the Hyde Park and Amberley Village, this woman who's a con artist would hire a real estate agent just show her upscale homes between two and three million dollars. Not too many communities have those, would you agree? But the agent might say, well, the family's moved out, they don't live here, and the house is staged and they and so the scammers say, wait, this is perfect. I can live in this brand new home or this home that is unoccupied but may be a state out and maybe their stuff is still there. I can set the closing six or eight weeks away. They're not coming back anyway from like quote vacation or whatever. They moved out. Then the squad can live there a ten or not attend to closing. The squader might say, you know what, I'm having surgery the day before closing. I can't go. I'm in the hospital. I've had a heart attack, and therefore I can't go to the closing. And you need to set it off a week or two and you buy some more time, some more time, and more time. And this woman moved into Amberley Village. Similar things happened. The Amberley Village police basically know almost everyone living in Amberley Village. She was finally apprehended, goes in front of a Liberal Democratic judge and gets probation. She then highlights a home and she gets out at Amberley Village or Indian Hill or Madeira or Montgomery or Blue Ass. Let's go to the city of Cincinnati. There's a thousand cops. There's a half million people. There's about eight hundred thousand in the county, about three hundred thousand in the city of Cincinnati. That means the cops don't know the circumstances. And you move in you get another real estate agent. You look around. This home is unoccupied. Presently it has tricked out with certain stuff. The homeowners have moved out. She moves in and it took a while to get her out and to figure out what was going on. And by the time that happens, maybe damage has been caused to the home, something like that. And unfortunately she found herself in front of her real judge, Patrick Digelocker, who gave her three years in women's state prison. Because she's in her sixties, She's done this most of her life. Assume the identities of others happens all the time. How many times do you pay a credit card statement without scrutinizing every item in the credit card statement? Right and make sure it's yours? And so we have a recorder in Hamilton County, Scott Crowley, I think related to legendary Pat Crowley, who developed a form a year or two ago. A friend of mine named Glenn sent it to me. I'm looking at it. It's called the Recording Notification Service to Protect your Home. Recorder Crowley is please to announce real Estate Fraud Alert Recording Notification Service has been implemented free of charge. So if you own your home in Hamley County. When a document is recorded, it says into the official records of Hamley County with an identity that is being monitored. By signing up for this program in email will automatically be sent to the provided email addressed below. Please note this service applies only to documents recorded after sign up. Check here to sign up for our recording notification service. And so I'm going to do this after the show. I'm going to sign up. And that means that if someone seeks to file a document relative to your home before it's entered upon the official records of Hamliny County, an email is generated to you saying is this you? Did you take out this mortgage hopefully from McKinley Mortgage? Are you selling your house? Here's a quick claim deed from Segman Dennison to the squatter? Did you sign this deed segment? Is this you? And then from that the investigation can start before the house is transferred. How many times have you heard Sean Hannity and others talk about how home luck allows you, Shall we say, to be notified if someone seeks to take the title to your home. I don't think I would hope the recorders, within the sound of my voice would contact the office of Scott Crowley and Recorder's office. These are the best practices. Maybe it's true in Kent County should have asked Rob Sanders, or in Warren County or in Switzerland County, why not have the same program available that if anything affects the title to your home legally, that you'll be notified and given notice that this is happening, so you can say, wait a minute, that's not me. In many of these scams, these squatters are experts at confusing the police who don't know circumstance answers because it is a large urban county as to who owns the house and who doesn't own the house. You can get driver's licenses online, false IDs online. I'm told that young folks do that constantly to buy beer or whatever in bars. And from that you can have the address of the home that you're squatting in as your official residence. And of course TMV has never notified you produce a driver's license that has your name on it and the home the home that you're squatting in, and the police or stimy to say, what are you talking about and they don't want to arrest anybody, but this woman finally was apprehended and arrested for engaging this behavior, which seemingly she's done most of her life directly and indirectly, including stealing cars, etc. And it's called paper terrorism. She took over homes in Hyde Park and Amberley Village and lived in them for quite a period of time, brought her family in with her and they all live there. And her name, of course is Katie Sharad, also known as Leila Israel. Was breaking in the homes, moving in and changing locks. She also filed and tried to follow documents with the County Recorder's office claiming ownership of the house, so if the police would go online, they would say this person owns the house. An official with the county agency called Sharrod's actions a form of paper terrorism. She's sixty four years old, unemployed, as a criminal record taking up to nineteen pages, and if it's only property offenses, pretty hard to get to jail, like breaking into cars without violence. Unfortunately in Addison's case that did not occur, but nonetheless, if there's no violence involved, as a low priority item and Pat diick A lockers centered to three years in state women's prison just for the Hyde Park case, and that's the most recent cost. She's been in these activities for the last thirty years, false identities, using paperwork to steal cars, including a brand new BMW and she simply valued one hundred and thirty eight thousand dollars. Prosecutors said she created the check herself as part of a national scam involving federal reserve checks. She was arrested after the local dealership confirmed the check was fraudulent. Ultimately, she pled guilty to forgery and was sentenced to twenty six days in jail on that case, and she came back out moved into a home in Amely Village in January of twenty twenty three, months after she had pled guilty to the BMW case, and she was able to deceive the seller and the title company, according to prosecutors, by providing fake documents showing she had the funds to buy the seven hundred and ten thousand dollars home, and she kept delaying closing for one reason or another, such as health problems. The deal was set to close in the early part of twenty twenty three. She was given the keys to the home, but when she didn't wire the money, the deal was canceled. Shot and her family moved into the house anyway, changed the locks. Am Amely Village police recalled under the leadership of a Chief Police, Jack Monaghan, and a week later the police responded to the home. Locksmith hired by Sharrod was in the process of changing all the locks, ignoring all that stuff, knowing there wouldn't be much of a recompensive She was caught. Well, in this case, she was caught. Unfortunately, she got in front of a tough judge who sent her to prison for three years. But as Rob Sanders just said, you know what, that's the cost of doing business, going to prison for a little bit of time. If you or I went to jail, it'd be catastrophe. If she goes to jail, she has spent a few years of her life in jail. She comes back out and does the same stuff, stealing without a gun, which reminds me of what's happening with all the car breakings. There are crews and gangs generally of juveniles or breaking into cars all over Boone County, all over The tennis tournament had some terrible break ins of cars, and then Madisonville in those upscale apartments and in West Price Hill. And that's why I advised those who ask me what do I do? And I said, what you do is never have anything of value in your car. Putting it in their seat, putting it in the glove compartment, and putting a gun or something of value in the trunk doesn't Don't do that. I tell people. Number one, never, never, never, never have anything of value in your car you wouldn't mind having stolen. And secondly, do not lock the doors because the first thing these thieves tries to open up the door. And if you open up the door and you get in quickly and don't find anything, you shut the door and leave. But on the other hand, if the door's locked, they're going to break the window. Then they're going to open the car door, costing you over one thousand dollars to get everything fixed, plus all the hassles, and then steal whatever's in the car. So, whether it's in your driveway and a parking lot at a sporting event is Bengals had many many car break ins at every home game, especially at night, So do not lock the doors to your car. Most importantly, rule number one, two, three, four, and five is never leave anything of value in your car are especially a weapon or money, or your wallet or a purse. Don't do that. And what you have to do to protect yourself in these worlds is doing something like that. I mentioned that I read I know about this circumstance and Indian Hill off Drake Road, where a man who had obviously by the looks of the house, the house is worth millions and millions of dollars, and they were gone for the winter. And of course Indian Hill Rangers and other police departments, you can notify them that you're gone for two months or three months. Keep an eye on the house. They'll drive somebody through every now and then. Looks good and the way you go. Well, this crew, they think from Chili, had put some GoPro cameras in some bushes that were somewhat undetectable to monitor the house offline, offline for a period of weeks to make sure no one was there. They noticed the same lights came on at night, the lights went off, they were on a switch, and they finally said, okay, this house is ready to go. They also looked online at the Recorder's office and found out who owned it. Then they did research on the homeowners to find out who they are and what they might have in the home. They then at the right time, they did it at night. They had the right cameras, they had the right to eyewear to break into the home. On the second floor, they cut out a window, they put in the cloaking device, and no signals, no cell phones could come out of that home. No notification to a burglary company they knew ahead of time. But what kind of burglary system the house had. They went in through the second floor, they cut out a window, went in, They stole watches, they they stole jewelry. Also, one large TV set was taken, and some stuff and the furniture in the closets, and that they have a stopwatch. They hit you have exactly ten minutes to get and get out when that nine to thirty mark hits there out the window. And of course it was in February, and the house was certainly broken into, and it was so cold that a lot of the pipe froze and broke and almost destroyed the inside of the house. And this was an Indian hill where they find Rangers Police Department the best there is, but nobody can prevent all crime, every circumstance, and so fore warned is forearmed. Be aware of these circumstances, Maybe have a safe room in your house in case they make a mistake, and come in when someone's in the house and protect yourself. We live in difficult times, and hopefully with the Trumpster in the White House there'll be less illegals into the country to do this kind of stuff. According to Sheriff Bouchard, in north of Detroit, there's cruise about one to two hundred different crews, each containing five to ten men that are breaking into upscale houses all over the country, including Travis Kelsey's home in Kansas City and Patrick mahomes and various NBA players, and the same thing happening to them because they figure those are the places to break into. Fore Warned is forearmed. But once again, if you live in Hamlet the County, go to the website Scott crowd All Haley County Recorder I'm looking at it now Recording Notification Service and then they notify you if something's happening to the title of your home. Say tuned for more coming up next to Leland Vedder of News Nation to talk about Pete Hegseth, talk about the sex scandals involving Matt Gates and Moore all at showing of the Reds and the Bengals. News Radio seven hundred WLW Bill Cunningham to Greater America. Let's continue with more. Leland Viddert on Balance Monday through Friday on News Nation that was the first network to announce the shall we say, the election of Donald J. Trump. Joining you and I now is Leland Vittert on News Nation. Leland, welcome again of the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, you've had reporting and many have also about the may I used to turn backing down of Donald Trump. And there was some reporting to the effect that after Matt Gates did his senator greets round and around, the Trumpster had a sense that it wasn't going well for Matt Gates. He wasn't gonna he could afford to lose like three or four votes and that's it, and that he made the call to Gates, or did Gates make the call to him. The media says the Gates made the call to the Trumpster and said, you know what, take me down other media accounts were or Donald Trump got the call from the leadership of the Senate Republican Party thuned specifically, and so this isn't going well. Then Trump made the call. And what's your sense of who called who first and how did this play out?
Speaker 4: My reporting is that it became clear to the transition team and then to Donald Trump that they didn't have the votes to get Matt Gates through. And remember, things were getting worse, not better for Matt Gates. The more things came out, the worse it looked, not the better it looked for him. So the senators I know have talked to were thrilled because they really did not want this over the next.
Speaker 1: Month or six weeks.
Speaker 4: I think I think it shows a couple of things. Number One, all of this talk that there, you know, Trump was gonna last through recess appointments and he was going to put in whoever he wanted, and you know the rules, the rules did not apply to him, right, Yeah, Yeah, the rules applied to him and Republican senators, some of a number of whom a third of whom are going to be in the Senate after Donald Trump leaves. The White House said you're gonna have to do play by everybody else's rules. Number two is that we've We've seen it time and time again. Donald Trump demands loyalty, requires loyalty, talks about loyalty for everyone but himself. And by that I mean he did not expend political capital to save anybody else. And you know, he could have, really, he could have really started twisting some arms when it came to Matt Gates, and he did not.
Speaker 1: Yep, he didn't. And the fact when he was told cars, the brand of Donald Trump has never apologized, never back down, never sweat. But in this case, it appears that the more that came out about Matt Gates, the worst that got. And there was reporting of the ten thousand dollars through VENMO that the seventeen year old girl, there was more than one incident. And then you wrap it up to the nude pictures. I think it's disgusting for a congressman on the floor of the United States House of Representatives to walk around with naked pictures of his sexual conquest and share them with congressmen. And in fact, the ethics report wasn't dealing with the human trafficking element. They were dealing with breach of the rules of the House by shall we say, conduct unbecoming and then also using campaign money for personal reasons. And so this is going to be death by a thousand cuts. And at some point Matt Gates said, and I would think down the road, the Trumpster is going to take care of Matt Gates anyway. There'll be something, an ambassador, something that doesn't have to be approved by the Senate to take care of Matt Gates. So one might ask, before we talk about Pete Hegseth and his problems in Monterey, California, did is Johnson really happy now that Gates is out of the Congress and that the deal was, okay, you do this, resign immediately. We'll try to get you through. But that doesn't work out. At the worst, going to happen, Matt Gates will be out of the Congress. He doesn't get along with Republicans much less Democrats. Is Trump that's smart to set it up that way, Get rid of Matt Gates, get him into a position that he can't be confirmed, let him back down. That Here comes Pam Bondy from Florida, eighteen years prosecutor, eight years as the Attorney General, part of the transition team in twenty sixteen, et cetera. He likes her quite a bit. So Is Trump that smart? To put up Matt Gates have a deal with Johnson, the Speaker of the House, that we're going to get him out of the house. He's not going to succeed. He's going to back down. Then I get the person I really want. Is Trump that smart?
Speaker 4: Well, perhaps in retrospect, if that's how we're looking at it, but I would give you the other side. I've never I've heard that Donald Trump plays forty chests all the time and explanation.
Speaker 3: For his behavior.
Speaker 4: That said, I have yet to find a situation where you see something that really phenomenally happened for Donald Trump and you can trace it back and go, oh, I see what he was doing all along? This Matt Gates thing has caused a lot of problems for him. And first of all, in Washington is exposed that I don't want to say the Emperor has no clothes, but it's exposed that Donald Trump isn't all that powerful. It's exposed that this whole resets appointment thing that you know, every Maga I said, you know if Gonzune doesn't agree to recess appointments for everybody, soons out and we're going to blow up the US Senate.
Speaker 3: That lasted what a week?
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: So it does not. It does not. It doesn't fit the pattern of forty of successful forty chess.
Speaker 1: Now that Matt Gates has gone and Pam BONDI, I would think, is going to fly through. Women seldom have sex problems, except if you're a teacher. But that's a different story. But it looks like the hot white lamps are going to be on Pete Hegsyth. Now I've read the twenty two page report out of Monterey, the police department, and it's a he said, she said she had a rape exam so to speak about four days later that turned out to be negative, and there was some money paid under an NDA. And I've had Pete Hexith on a couple of times. I'm sure you have. He was probably at Fox when when you were there, or Leland Vidert. Now that Matt Gates is gone and the betting markets now have Pete Hegseth, he was a eighty one percent getting confirmed. He's now at fifty two percent. He's going down with the hot white lamps going Pete hegsyth about the NDA? What is in the NDA? The woman was contacted a week ago. He said, look, I'm done with it. I got to talk with my lawyer. He said they were both drunk. She said, we were drunk. We ended up in a hotel room somehow naked, and she says, I kept saying no, no, no. He kept saying yes, yes, yes. They're not sure they had intercourse or not. Neither one of them are sure about that. So where is the Pete Hegsett situation. There's nothing like a sex scandal set Washington a flutter.
Speaker 4: Well, you never get caught on your first time, Okay, in look, Bill, if somebody said this about a number of people who you and I both know, we'd go.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know this man.
Speaker 4: This would never happen. Okay. The problem is that everyone who knows Pete Hegset reads this.
Speaker 1: And goes, yeah, it sounds like him, sounds.
Speaker 4: Like this is this.
Speaker 1: This is a guy.
Speaker 4: This is a guy who has cheated on his multiple wives with women who became his wife, who he then cheates on again and had children with other women. So I think, and when your best defense is well, I wasn't charged with anything. Being being cleared is very different as a prosecutor. You know this than being not being sharged, right, okay, and when your best defense in front of the United States sent it is why I wasn't.
Speaker 1: Charged with anything.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, And I number one, I think the standard should be higher. And every Republican Republican comes back with, well, what about this and what about that? Well, Republicans won allegedly because they were going to be better not to stay in his Democrats. But number two, and this is what confounds me about Donald Trump. And this is where I think he becomes ill served by his sort of hanging out at mar A Lago, always being told what he wants to hear, which is no one's saying this about Marco Rubio, nobody's saying this about Susie Wilds, nobody's saying this about Doug Burnum. All people who are loyal to Donald Trump. They are exceptionally good on television at prosecuting the MAGA message.
Speaker 2: They believe in.
Speaker 4: MAGA, and they're all confirmable. No, I mean, I'm just I'm watching MSNBC and I've got you've got Democratic congressman going. You know, I may not agree with Marco Rubi on everything, but the president's entitled to a cabinet that he likes. Marco Rubio is a great, a great pick. It's confounding to me. So either either somebody like Marco Rubio isn't a tear of the house down kind of person. So therefore Donald Trump's not being true to mega or he's picking people because he likes them on television.
Speaker 1: I'm on television every day.
Speaker 4: That doesn't make me the best pick to run, you know, to run the Congress Department.
Speaker 1: Well, the fact the matter is that Brett Kavanaugh hearings were a wild what was her name, Christine blasi Ford and it.
Speaker 3: Was yeah, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 4: This is totally different, totally different than Christine blasi Ford had had a made up story with no corroborating evidence.
Speaker 2: Right from forty years ago.
Speaker 4: This is a woman who was paid off, This was This is somebody who has a long history of behavior that you would be disqualifying for any man to allow his daughter to date him, okay, or for your wife to allow you to hang out with him. No, I'd love to tell Rachel, Hey, Rach, I'm gonna go down and you'll get some get some bruskies with Pete.
Speaker 1: With wedding off. Wedding's off there.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, well yeah, yeah, you know, honey, you know, honey. He has no idea. How much longer you have to do?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 1: Oh? And I can imagine if if they subpoena this woman. Here we go and then he backs down, and I don't know. There's so many qualified people with the Magma movement that would become Secretary of Defense. He picks someone that, shall we say, has a little bit of a checkered past. We'll see what happens now. Last ladies about Elon Musk. Elon Musk and Vivek Ramaswami, my good friend from here in Cincinnati, says that they're going to cut the federal workforce by thirty to forty percent. But he's Elon Musk and Vivek has a unique idea how to how to cut people can when you tell the American people what their plan is in the first gusto about seeing who wants to work or not, this is kind of remarkable.
Speaker 4: I think I think it's a great idea. And I have been on record as quite skeptical of those because they don't have any power. But the idea of forcing federal employees to go to work like the rest of us do, because right now about a million federal workers are eligible for remote work, which is just absolutely insane and the fact that we're paying people to stay home is nuts. And anybody who works for a living agrees with that statement. So fifty percent or so of the government workforce who's eligible for total work, that would end and you know what, it's universally popular. It would get people to quit. You could then have a hiring freeze because you know what is it. You know, one in one in three or one in two government jobs is were done. And it's amazing how the world still functions when non essential employees don't come to work in Washington on snow days. And it's actually a.
Speaker 1: Pretty genius idea.
Speaker 4: And the other thing it'll do, I mean, I get everybody complaining about traffic and everything else.
Speaker 1: Nobody cares. We all sit in traffic.
Speaker 4: But the one real, untold story about government entitlement, especially in Washington, DC, is all of the businesses, small businesses, minority owned businesses that rely on government workers who come into the office. I'm talking about the bodega's downtown in Washington. I'm talking about all the cafes that were built all around all of the government buildings. They all went out of business. And it's high time that if those folks have to go to work every day and struggle because no federal employees are there, how about after four years the federal employees can come back.
Speaker 1: It's amazing they're not required to report to work. Also, there was a massive hiring increase over the past two years of the Biden administration, putting more people to work on condition you don't come to work. It's all truly unbelievable stuff, and I think it'd be great now. Lastly, according to Elon Musk, he's got two trillion dollars in mind to cut from the federal budget. The whole budget's about six and a half to seven trillion dollars. That's about thirty percent cut. If you take defense, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and interest on the national debt, that's about seventy percent of the budget, which means if you cut two trillion out of the rest, there'll be nothing left for any other branch of government. We're in trouble is that more of Ah shall always say an advertising ploy, an idea a mean of two trillion dollars, but in reality it's going to be maybe a few hundred billion, which I think is great. But Elon Musk and Vivey cannot cut that much out of the federal budget unless you cut everything defense, social security. You've got to have interest on the national debt. We borrow about six billion dollars every day of brand new money to fund our spending habits. Isn't that a dream that will not come true?
Speaker 4: In Elon mus No, No, Elon Musk has done some incredible things and unbelievably successful in fucking trends and destroying conventional wisdom of what can be done, you know, catching the rocket with the chopsticks, on and on and on, and it has done things that the government said that could not be done. The one thing that both the vake Ramaswami and Elon Musker is going to come up against is a rule from the Gipper, which was the closest thing you'll ever get to eternal life as a government bureau or program. And next, because government bureaus, programs and spending are really popular, especially with the Congressman where that money is spent in that district. And everybody's got their pet projects, their pet road project, their interchanges, their airports, their parks, their gazebos, whatever it is that the vake Ramaswami and elon musters never try to be cutting. So yeah, you can nibble around the edges. Government was created to protect itself, So I think they're going.
Speaker 1: To have a very hard time.
Speaker 4: Mean, and you point out rightly, if you really were serious about this, somebody would have the guts. I don't know, maybe a president who didn't have to run for re election would have the guts to come up and say, if we want to make America gradient, we want to keep America financially solvent for the next fifty years, we're going to reform Social Security and we're going to reform Medicare, and you know what it's look, it's going to go a long, a lot, long, a lot farther in saving America than deciding what bathrooms people can go in.
Speaker 1: It was important, it's important. I guess every congressman has their own bathroom anyway. It's one of those tempests, and the teapots don't amount to hell of beans, but it gives each side enough time.
Speaker 4: To I saw and Nathy Maye is raising a lot of money off of.
Speaker 1: It, absolutely, and the Democrats are raising a lot of money. It was a big issue at least in the Ohio Center race between Bernie Marino and Shared Brown.
Speaker 3: That was a big.
Speaker 1: Issue, and I would imagine it continues to be a hot button issue in Ohio and elsewhere. But we got to run. Leland Vinter, you and yours have a great Thanksgiving, eat some turkey, back at it. I know you'll be on between now and Christmas quite a bit, and the nominations continue. We'll see what happens down the road. But Leland Vinder on Balanced News Nation, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Leland, thank you very much. Thank you, God bless you. Let's continue with more and we'll see what happens down the road. But until you means test social security so rich people like Tony Bender don't get benefits. Until you tell Tony Bender a multi millionaire, look, you got to pay for your own medical expenses when you're sixty five years old, which is about thirty percent of old folks, shall we say, or able to handle their own bills. Until that happens, there'll be no cuts in social Security. Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Are you distraught after the recent presidential election? Here it don't cry cryo. We understand your pain and we're here to help. Our expert team of cryogenic care providers can cryogenically freeze you until the Trump presidency has ended. No more crying, no more anxiety attacks, just blissful sleep until Trump is gone. When you awaken from your slumber, we'll even have a party ready in waiting for you. It will be like his presidency never even happened. It was all just a bad dream. As an added bonus, you can choose the Vance add on package. We'll extend your sleep for an additional four years at a fifty percent discount. In the event JD. Vance wins the next presidential election, everything will be okay. We're here to take care of you in your time of need. So remember, don't cry. CRYO. Where am I?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Please tell me it's over. Wait, something isn't right.
Speaker 6: This is your captain, Elon Musk. I want to be the first one to welcome you to Mars. Sorry, Donald Trump Junior was just elected president, and he deported all don't cry cry o customers to Mars.
Speaker 1: What the.
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 3: Quiet? And I'm I'm broadcasting all right, saga.
Speaker 1: The Springboro Panthers are here for Warren County, having won the state title and girls soccer undefeated, untied, unscored on. Is that correct?
Speaker 3: No question. The Panthers have arrived, have made that long trip south.
Speaker 1: They're challenging. They're your program. They're challenging right now, Elder. The Panthers of Elder needed to fight the Panthers Spring Bud. You know what I'm saying. Seg Man introduced the head coach in the assembled multitude of great Panthers crawling around the floor. They look like black cats just crawling around.
Speaker 7: Willy, we want to introduce the Ohio girls Division one state champion Springboro their first state title, defeating Kuyahoga Falls Walsh jesuit and penalty kicks.
Speaker 3: Another team from Cleveland going.
Speaker 7: Down hard Well, Cleveland stinks to South Southwest Ohio. They went in penalty kicks four to two. They wind up twenty one one and one.
Speaker 1: I understand, dear Park girls beat him. I think I think that's what happened.
Speaker 7: I think the coach will after that a seventeen shutouts? How many seventeen shutouts? They just told him, I said, you get a Red FC Cincinnati, get ahold of the reds.
Speaker 3: Oh, they only gave up eight goals the entire season.
Speaker 1: How many did they score though, coach a lot more than eight seventy six to eight.
Speaker 3: I think they got to go from here to the west end.
Speaker 1: Introduced the head coach here seconment.
Speaker 3: The head coach Willie is Jamie Tipton.
Speaker 1: Jamie TI welcome. I introduced you.
Speaker 3: He's got here here today.
Speaker 1: Oh who I'm Adam Green. Adam Green, he's the assistant coach. Assistant coach, Adam Green. Introduce your players that I've done the work. The adults here mean nothing. It's the kids that did it all. Introduce them please.
Speaker 3: So we have co captain Sarah Beucci, she's a defender.
Speaker 8: We have Testa Blaine co captain attacker senior.
Speaker 1: And we got Malon Mitchell our goalkeeper senior. But I'm near eye there. You got in a fight with somebody. What happened near eye?
Speaker 9: It was during one of my games. I got headbutted.
Speaker 1: Oh is that good or bad? How does the other girl look worse than you.
Speaker 9: Look sadly, she looks fine, Sammy.
Speaker 1: How many stitches are in your head there?
Speaker 9: Around twenty?
Speaker 1: Did it hurt when they put him in? You know, I'd say, doc, give me twenty one. That didn't. I didn't feel anything.
Speaker 9: It wasn't too bad. I had a lot of adrenaline.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Who scored the winning goal or whatever? The winning kick in the penalty kicks?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Oh, she's a freshman.
Speaker 1: She's still in school studying. Yep, all right, now tell me the last game you talk kicked it? What's your name, Madeline Mitchell? Madeline Mitchell? Tell me the last game? Set it all up. The Panthers are fighting some team from Cleveland, and the girls up there don't look right anyway, but nonetheless, explain what happened in the last game.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, So we're like fighting really hard, and it's a hard battle.
Speaker 10: The whole game.
Speaker 1: Everyone's getting bruise, everyone's bleeding.
Speaker 10: It's bad.
Speaker 1: You got you got crutches, you have amputations, exactly, exactly, heads rolling on the carpet, everything.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and then we go into double overtime. Everyone's just kicking the.
Speaker 1: Ball, kicking out like crazy. It's hard to score in that time. There we go in PKSH and drama.
Speaker 10: That was interesting.
Speaker 11: That was fun.
Speaker 1: What happened to the first kick?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was like a good PK. I'm gonna say, was it the one hole the three hole? Like in the hockey? Is there like holes in the net you kick the ball to one, two, three, four five? Sick?
Speaker 11: No, it's it's just really like reading like their hips, I guess.
Speaker 10: And that's how I don't.
Speaker 1: Have any tape on this. I had a coach on about a week ago that won the state title. They had tape on the goalkeeper on pks. Which way she went? Did you have your coaches? Did coach Green get that done for you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You, that's from Mickey, But they hand it on tape, so you just have to read the hips and the shoulders.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I mean, I would say that their pks weren't the best, but I feel like our team had pretty good pks and that's in the end how we won.
Speaker 1: Now, when you won, what was it like on the field of honor? When you left all left You had no eyes, no no teeth, no hair, you had nothing left. As you're rolling, all of you were on different parts of the field. Going nuts.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 1: It was amazing. The human pile.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, everyone everyone just ran to me and everyone just jumped up and down.
Speaker 1: And your first championship.
Speaker 11: Yes.
Speaker 1: How long has Springboro High School been around? It's been a long time. In nineteen hundreds, so for more than one hundred years. By the way, who was president in nineteen o two?
Speaker 10: Was that the Coolidge guy?
Speaker 1: That's not bad. Twenty years off nineteen oh two. As you know, there's Tonny Roosevelt to got in office because McKinley got shot. You know that segment? Correct? Sure did? Now what LI said? Coach? What LI said? You have an assistant coach here with you. What's your name?
Speaker 3: Mickey?
Speaker 1: Mickey? And you live in bond Hill. I do you go back and forth to the northern parts of Warren County?
Speaker 6: I do?
Speaker 1: How does the team look? Forget about these girls? They don't matter anymore. They won the stag titles. We can't forget about. You can't forget them ever. Gonna a You're gonna get them rings segmental buying rings. If you need money for rings, see the segment.
Speaker 13: We are we are getting them rings. They're they're responsible for designing their rings. So where we're real processes on them.
Speaker 1: It'll be one ring though, You're gonna have one ring designed for everyone. Yeah, all right, how does the team look next year? These girls look mean, they look nasty, they look ready for action. What about next year?
Speaker 13: This is this is three of our our seven seniors. We've got six players and the manager that are seniors. Everyone played, Everyone made a big difference. So next year we're gonna have to really have some kids step it up, because I'm saying them it's going to be.
Speaker 1: Big and Springborough is a good educational facility. Correct, girls, get ready for these questions? Are you prepared? Who's the governor of the state of Ohio?
Speaker 8: Mike?
Speaker 1: Which four presidents are on Mount Rushmore for presidents? Uh, George Washington Bingo and the third president was.
Speaker 10: Teddy Roosevelt.
Speaker 1: That's one of them too, but that's the last one. But the other team, Abraham Lincoln Bingo right there? Now, who's the third president from Monticello, Virginia. He's on. You've got Washington, Thomas Thomas Jefferson, and then was honest Dabe and then of course Teddy Roosevelt. Here's another question. You girls look pretty smart. What's this care root of thirty six? What's the state capital of Kentucky, Frankfurt, Ben? What's the state capital of California?
Speaker 9: Sacramento.
Speaker 1: Who came into the Union first? Was it Kentucky or Ohio Ohio Road?
Speaker 9: The answer is Kentucky Herery good.
Speaker 7: Second, guess Ohio was eighteen o three one Kentucky like seventeen ninety six or seventeen ninety seven.
Speaker 1: I think hias Rob's say give me into the students report, please.
Speaker 7: Will he the stooge reporters of pro service, every local Thamestar heating and air conditioning dealers Tamestar quality. You could feel a northern Kentucky called Johnson Heating and Cooling eight five nine four seven two sixty fifty one much.
Speaker 3: You need that today because it's cold out.
Speaker 1: There, colder than a will diggers behind.
Speaker 7: We want to thank Lear's Prime market your Thanksgiving holiday destination next week. They got fresh turkeys, all the fixings there, located in beautiful downtown Milford.
Speaker 1: Good beat Barley Soup two segment.
Speaker 7: Lear's Prime and good clam chowder and some of that too, Learsprime dot Com.
Speaker 3: Lear's Prime always a cut above.
Speaker 1: Se segment US came away one hundred and thirty pounds. Look at him now, too many firss's big boys. Is there a big boy open in Springboro?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: I got to come up to because everyone around here is done. Yeah, father, I got an offer to pick up one of those statues. Yeah with Springboro High School. Like to have an eight foot tall mister big boy out in front holding holding. Maybe a Cleveland school right there. Yeah, get a super big boy. I love hot Futson.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: Segment does two. Obviously.
Speaker 7: National Women's Soccer League Commissioner Jessica Bourban today Willie announced at Cincinnati, Cleveland and Denver are the final three cities buying for a pro women's soccer expansion.
Speaker 1: What famous basketball player is part of the ownership group at FC?
Speaker 3: That is one Caitland Clark.
Speaker 1: Have you girls heard of Caitland Clark? You like her?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know? Could you beat her in soccer if you had to?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Please continue.
Speaker 7: The National Football League announcing today the Bengals Week sixteen matchup against those Cleveland Browns, originally set for Thursday, December nineteenth, will now take place one o'clock kickoff on Sunday, December twenty second ak the game has been flexed.
Speaker 1: Why is that segment?
Speaker 7: Because right now both teams aren't doing too good, especially the Browns.
Speaker 1: By the way, they looked good last night though, yes they did in the snow. I don't know which team to root against. I root against both of them.
Speaker 3: Well, let's see Willie.
Speaker 7: Good Luck tonight to playoff action all across the Tri State in high school football. High school football Tonight, Shoe kicks off coverage at six Fox Sports thirteen to six sixty.
Speaker 3: That leads into the Ohio Regional Final. Moler v.
Speaker 1: Saint X Coach Green, who do you like their Moeller? Or say next, who do you like Springborough? Springborough? Good answers, good answer, right, Anderson takes on LaSalle. There you go, Tafta and Altar. Centerville meets Huber Heights. Among the game.
Speaker 7: He's a Kentucky New kath And Campbellsville Martin County travels to Beechwood Southwestern against undefeated Cooper and Highlands up against Pulaski County and also Willie and Indiana to night Class three A State semi finals.
Speaker 3: Good luck to Batesville. Batesville, they will take on Heritage Hill.
Speaker 1: Home in a cascod company. We will bury you as ir Moatto.
Speaker 7: Cincinnati Bearcats football at Kansas State tomorrow night at seven here on seven hundred WLW eighteenth rated Bearcats and basketball and the atl Georgia Tech tomorrow at one thirty NKU and Kentucky State at.
Speaker 3: Twelve thirty versus sy I'm gonna get to that.
Speaker 1: Did you forget about those? Second?
Speaker 3: Kentucky at number three?
Speaker 1: Texas Kentucky?
Speaker 7: But the Big Ones at noon has a shoe. I'm to Ohio State be number number five? Indiana?
Speaker 1: How many points do the Hoosiers get to? You know, they got to get seven or eight? I would think seven or nine. And then the final game? What was the spread on the girls game? Do you know how many?
Speaker 3: What the Springboro game?
Speaker 1: And your girls make a lot of money on ned name, image and likeness, don't you?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 6: Not a dime.
Speaker 1: We have a little disagreement on my left.
Speaker 3: Is Oh there you go.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Not a dime. Not a dime, not a dime, yep, yep, a lot of money. Go ahead.
Speaker 7: The congrats to the Cincinnati Bearcats volleyball team, will you and women's volleyball?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 7: They upset number twenty four BYU in the middle of the night, Cincinnati time, last night in Provo, Utah in five sets.
Speaker 1: It's a great trip from here to Provo Utah. For mot sakes, how do you get there from here? I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Go west, young man, and turn left.
Speaker 1: Is Indiana plus ten and a half.
Speaker 3: In the shoe. There we go? How about that?
Speaker 1: Not bad?
Speaker 3: Show?
Speaker 6: We go?
Speaker 7: Tani and Aaron Judge of the National League and American League MVPs red Shortstop La Daily Cruz wound up eighth eighth in the National League voting unknown if he got a million dollars like Hunter Green Guns.
Speaker 1: Green yesterday got a million because he was in top ten and cy Young.
Speaker 3: In his contract.
Speaker 7: If he finishes six through ten in the cy Young he gets money, and he would have gotten money if he would have finished in the MVP voting a certain spot.
Speaker 1: Girls, how much money do were you paid to win the state title? Please continue?
Speaker 3: Also, the New.
Speaker 7: York Football Giants, will he are cutting quarterback Daniel Jones?
Speaker 3: Oh oh, that was has been a disaster.
Speaker 7: He stinks he is Hopefully he's going to go on waivers and unlikely somebody's going to pick him up. Because they would have to pay him the rest of his four year, one hundred and sixty million dollar contract.
Speaker 3: What thank you?
Speaker 1: He stinks. Yeah, And so to the Giants, so to the Jets, so to the Bear the Jets. How about the cowboys? Who wants to watch that on Thanksgiving? Dan to make me sick to my stomach to watch the cowboy?
Speaker 3: I'll eat more. That'll be good. I bet you will.
Speaker 7: And also Willy, we want to say a happy birthday to a happy birthday number seventy seven to Jim Marshall aka Winkie, a graduate of Withrow, the home of the Tigers right now, Ronald three years in the US Army, twenty seven years in the Cincinnati Fire Department.
Speaker 1: Jim Marshall, any guy that ran backwards with a touchdown for the Vikings, was that the same guy Eve?
Speaker 3: He went to the wrong end zone?
Speaker 1: And not him? That's not him though, that's not him.
Speaker 3: It is, oh, it is.
Speaker 7: That is from Chris and Scott, his sons. So, Jim Marshall, you are citizens of a citizen of the day. Happy number seventy seven of the ladders, lots of fires. He's going to retire soon. He's been retired. Right, seventy seven year olds aren't going up trees. I don't think so, segment. Thank you very much, Yes, sir, and once again springbroke. Congratulations, And I understand from a friend of mine there's a big stadium there too. Springborough's coming all out for their boys and girls sports. Correct in football, hockey, whatever it might be. But good events that I had? Is that correct? You guarantee to come back next year with the new team? You girls wire done.
Speaker 1: It's over with. You've done all you can do. But next year? Can you win and on again? Coach? Can you bring him to heel, make him feel the wrath of the Panthers, especially from Cleveland, because Cleveland's not a good place to be. You want to get out of Cleveland as soon as possible. Girls, congratulations? What lies ahead? One by one? Would you want to do with your life? If anything? I want to be a lawyer, rais zip cl equider nunk pro tunk. My wife and I are both lawyers. It's an honorable profession. Make sure you make the life of others miserable by being a lawyer. Suit people so they have nothing, make them squeal like a pig. You know what? I'm saying, make him feel bad. You're laying down when I'm picking up. Exactly you want to be a lawyer? Ye, raise zip cell oquitter. What do you want to be?
Speaker 9: If anything, I'm looking to go into civil engineering.
Speaker 1: Really, you're pretty smart. You got to get down to the bridge at four seventy one.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: You got to get those ditches out of your head first, you know what I'm saying. You look good at and next looking at go into forensic science. Forensics a CSI. Springboro a lot of murders and crime to cant Warren County is a hotbed, right gentlemen, ladies, thank you very much. Congratulations. Let this be the beginning of great stuff in your life, not the last thing you've done, not even the best thing you've done. The future is unbridled. Live your life. And by the way, don't be a clown. You know what I'm saying. Don't be a clown and sue somebody make their life miserable. You said don't be a client. You point it to your coach. Am I right wrong about that, best friends, it sounds like it said men, please get us out of the students.
Speaker 3: Report Willia and honor of the Springboro Panthers, the Ohio Division one state soccer champions. We leave you with the immortal words of the stood report.
Speaker 1: I paid my Have you paid your dues? You have not paid your dues, The lawyer says, no, have you done you have You've done your sentence, but committed no crime. Somebody committed a crime against you. You may have you made some bad mistakes.
Speaker 8: I've made a few.
Speaker 1: That's what he said. Right there. Freddy Mercury. You know who Freddy Mercury is? Yes, who is it that said? That's pretty good? My segment stand up hit it for the Panthers at Springborough. Got go ahead, come on and keep on. Find guess what because.
Speaker 3: No time.
Speaker 1: Live with Cleveland the World segment. Thank you, let's continue. Seven hundred W l W. Congratulations girls, teach by Billy Cunningham, the Great America. Thanks forgots again to the Springborough Panthers in northern part of Warren County undefeated, untied, unscored on won the state soccer title and about thirty minutes Saint Ursula. We'll be here to talk about their state championship next week as Roger Bacon, the home of the Spartan's. But until then, Keith Faber is the State Auditor. He's more or less announced he's going to run for Attorney General in a couple of years, maybe a year from November. And away we go in Keith Favor. Welcome again. You're in the studio, which is quite unusual. Love to be here until he's good to be in person. Let's talk about fraud, because everyone I know on their cell phone gets these magnitude of calls, especially now. They assume you're sixty five years old looking for Medicare and Medicaid whatever it might be. And I hit all the delete and I say, blocked the call, and that never works. And you've got a call recently as a as a normal man about Medicare. Explain and you're you're the state auditor, right, and they call you tell me what happened. Look, I get the same calls everybody else gets in my cell phone. I was getting two or three or four a day. And you know, they call and they say, hey, this is Medicare open enrollment. Here's this information. They're not going to put you in a Medicare plan. They're trying to steal your information. If somebody calls you for that stuff. The best thing you can do is hang up. I like to screw with them a little bit, because if they're going to waste my time, I don't want to waste some of their time. And so, you know, I go down the road.
Speaker 14: Eventually they figure out that this person's not serious and they hang up on me. But I got to call literally last night driving back from Cleveland, and it was somebody purporting to be Bank of America, claiming that somebody had opened or applied for a credit card in my name. And they are really good at social engineering. And this is the secret that most people don't know. If you're over thirty, all of your information is on the dark web. So they have your name, they have your social Security number, they have your address, they have all of your information. And so this person gave me the last four of my social Security number and said, we just want to know did you apply? And I said no, Well, here's your conference number to say you didn't apply, and kept going on with a bunch of other stuff, trying to get you to talk to them, And then they're going to transfer you to another person, and that person's going to try and ask you for your information, and then they're going to try and get your solid security number or your address from you. What they're really trying to do is get you on tape saying yes to what they want to get you to do, because then they'll use that tape to lock you into things on the credit cards that the credit card companies will use and to try and do other things. The short answer is, if you get one of those calls, if it's not from an eight hundred number, that's them, hang up on them, don't take the call.
Speaker 1: If I get a call that says is this Bill Cunningham, I would generally say, yes, that's a problem.
Speaker 14: It can be. It can because I don't know who you are, Bill, and they'll even know your last four. They may not know your whole social Security number, but they're going to probably know your last four, particularly if they have hacked or gotten access to one of these things to where they've gotten new data and other information that look, every day there's a new hack, there's a new data dump someplace. And the reason I say over thirty is because what they're doing is going back in and hacking into a lot of the backup databases for a lot of these big credit card companies and healthcare companies and have all the things. The old backup data wasn't as secure as the new cloud data is, so the younger people's information weren't in all those old databases like yours and mine and other people who have been out there for a while. But it's really bad, particularly for senior citizens. And we are taking steps with the Ohio Cyber Command to try and encourage people to just be your own best advocate, be vigilant. My brother was a computer professional for the Department of Defense and his father in law had passed away during COVID, and so he's been taking care of his mother in law's finances. And he was literally sitting out on the lake in the pontoon boat and his mother in law calls him and says, hey, where's the information on my brokerage account account number? And my brother says, okay, why do you need that? And she says, well, I'm trying to put this information. This guy called me and said he could get me a better return, and I'm trying to put all this stuff together. He said, don't touch anything. I'll be there in a half hour. I have to get off the lake. I'll be there at a half hour and we'll see what's it. But that I don't want you to touch anything. Put your phone down, go sit on the couch. He got there, and she was literally one click away from sending all of her finance information, her passwords, and everything to a guy who pretended to be somebody who could have helped her get a better return. If somebody's calling you, somebody's communicating you to send you an email for that stuff, just delete it. Unless it's somebody you know and have the ability to personally touch them, or you called them at a reputable business.
Speaker 1: Be very very careful. Be via favor I get almost every day now PayPal, and I have no relationship to PayPal. I've never bought anything from PayPal. I will never buy anything Venmo. I have none of that stuff. And I'm told right now that someone is using my name and they want to confirm that I have bought an eight hundred dollars computer, a MacPro computer through PayPal. You did not, They did not. It's fake. They want you to click on it, want you click on it.
Speaker 14: You're giving them access to your information, and you're giving the access to your device or your computer. I got one literally yesterday claiming to be docu signed. Wanted me to click on to sign a docusigning document. I got one the other day from somebody. It's not PayPal, it's it's one of the others that they want you to click on to open up, you know, to to challenge an account. Oftentimes I'll get something from Lows pretending to say you just want to a tragger grill, congratulations, congratulations click here. All of that are scams. Low's not giving out tragger grills. They're not sending you on solicited emails. They're not sending you information like that. The short answer is, if it's too good to be true, it is if you didn't do the transaction. If you I got one the other day from United Airlines saying that my ticket confirmation, and here's my confirmations. I didn't book the United Airlines ticket.
Speaker 1: You don't call and say, hey, Wayne, that's not me.
Speaker 3: I did do that. I did not.
Speaker 14: And you know what, watching read your credit card statements, watching to read your other statements, because I mean, you can certainly do what I did with the Bank of America yesterday. Okay, once I got through and hung up on the lady and after she tried to call me back from three different exchange numbers. I called Bank America to say, as somebody filed an application in my name and their Bank America folks, I used the number on the back of my credit card. I didn't use the number that they gave me. I used the number on the back of the credit card. Ultimately, what they did was said, no, this was a scam and you were wise to not play Heith favor.
Speaker 1: For example, let's say you're eighteen years old and you applied to go to college. Could be xavior U c NKU could be Toledo, and all your information is on your application online. You fill it a home addressed data, birth, sois curity number, driver's license number, all that stuff. And then University of Toledo was hacked yep. And so every young person who went to Toledo U see Ohio state, their information is on the dark web.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: And that's what happens. I have a close family member who had his home equity line was tied to his checking account. Someone in Illinois went in and I had the name and the photo of this person, and all their private information goes into a bank in Illinois, and what draws eighteen thousand dollars from the home equity line of credit into the checking account. That quickly left the checking account right out the door. Yep. And fortunately it was a fraud. The bank's liable. Am I correct on that generally that's true, But it takes a while.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 1: Well, and then you got to change everything. It depends on the bank. That's right. Identity theft is a big deal.
Speaker 14: And you know, I come from the school that we need to have, you know, public examples of folks that are doing that, and that's one of the reasons we need a new federal government to go after some of these foreign actors that are participating in part of this. But look, it's not just it's just not individuals. We have issued in the Auditor's office now a second bulletin instructing local governments to be very weary of something called vendor redirects. A week doesn't go by that I don't find about one hundred and fifty thousand, in one case, six million dollar vendor redirects where the community thinks that paying ABC Paving for paving their roads, and in fact somebody has got them to send their check for ABC paveming or the direct deposit or the acch to some hacker or somebody else. It literally has happened to a school district just not far from here that was in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, and this is happening every week. And so we directed a bulletin to the fiscal officer folks to saying, look, do not ever, never, ever, ever, never ever accept a redirection instruction electronically, not over the phone, not electronically, not by email, not by snail mail. Require people to come in person. If you've got a vendor that wants you to change how you're going to pay them, and then for a secondary safety method, have them bring in the person that they're dealing with in your governmentity. So if they're working with your street superintendents and doing pavement, and Joe's paving is the one who wants you to send their check to a different bank account, have Joe come in and tell you that in person with driver's license. That could happen to a homeowner. Correctly, it absolutely will happen. Somebody will call you up and say, hey, Bill Cunningham, great American, we want you to send your mortgage payment to this bank at a different bank at fifth Third. That's happened, and if you sent it to the wrong place, guess what you could be out that money. Now you may or may not have insurance coverage for it. But when that happens, do not rely on the email address or the phone number that they give you. It'll be a great looking email address, it'll look just like Fifth thirds email edders. The logos are going to be the same. Don't rely on the stuff.
Speaker 1: We sold your loan. So let's say, for example, I'm a fifth third bank. YEP, I get a nice official looking in the mail and an email beginning February first, twenty twenty five, we have sold your loan to a XYZ mortgage company and this is where to send it. Right, what do you do?
Speaker 14: I would first of all verify with who you got the loan through. If you went to the loan broker at fifth Third, I would call that person or call Fifth Third themselves and verify from fifth Third what's you're supposed to do and then get that in writing from fifth third. Make sure that it's actually fifth Third you're talking about, but use the information in your files, use the address, the telephone number on that information, or even go find the fifth third information on your own, as long as you're at a verifiable website. But the other thing, when somebody sends you an email, here's a trick that even the hackers are getting good at trying to spoof. If you hover over the from address and the name, if it says Bill Cunningham and you hover it over and it says from you know, great American one two three at gmail dot com, it's probably not Bill Cunningham. Okay, you're going to have to look at those addresses to see who it's actually from.
Speaker 1: Life's life's so complicated, hey you And if you're an older if you're in your sixties, your seventies and eighties, and I've had fraud alerts from people I know that they have to someone's going to come by to pick up ten thousand dollars in cash. The Venmo account was wrongly credited and you've got to pay the money back otherwise it's a legal matter. And this older woman who didn't have a Venmo account, but they sent her an indication that she has a Venmo account that had twenty thousand dollars put into it, and she had to give back ten thousand dollars in cash because they don't want to go through any And a person literally showed up at her house to collect ten thousand dollars in cash and the older woman had it ready to go.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, Well we saw this up in Clark County, Springfield a lot long ago, that an older gentleman was being pestered by a guy telling him that he was going to send an Uber driver over to pick up some money and that his grandkids needed to get out of jail, and he came out and actually shot the Uber driver. They saw as a scam, and the reality the Uber driver had nothing to do with it. He was just doing a pickup. Those are the kind of things we need to track down and find the people, and look, law enforcement has a role in that, but it's a bigger picture than just one one mistake.
Speaker 1: You're one of the men or women on the state reapportionment board. It's the governor. I think we vote for that person. You do the auditor, which is you Keith Faber. We vote for that person's correct secretary State. We actually vote for that person, and the legislature picks two in the House Democrat Republican two in the Senate Democrat Republican. You're sitting on the board which was ruled quote unconstitutional by an activist Supreme Court justice who's fortunately retired. You have to get back together sometime soon. What's going to happen next on the Reapportionment Board of which you're still a member.
Speaker 14: Well, I was actually the last chairman when we did legislative maps and got a seven zero bipartisan vote. So the legislative maps are in place for ten years, and we did that. The current Supreme Court, the allied liberal organizations that sued us not once but seven times, dismissed their lawsuit with regard to the legislative maps. So that case is over. We now have the congressional maps that we have to draw, and the congressional maps are going to have to get drawn by the legislature.
Speaker 1: They have the first crack at it.
Speaker 14: Hopefully they get it done because frankly, as a member of the Redistricting Commission, I don't want to deal with this issue anymore.
Speaker 1: I'm done.
Speaker 14: Okay, you have to hear you haven't lived until Mark Elias and Air Colder have sued you not once but seven times. But if they can't get it done. They can't get it done in the way the constitution requires it. Will come back to the Redistricting Commission. Hopefully this time I won't be chairman. Somebody else will get selected. But if they you know what you have to serve. But you've had enough. I've been there, done that, and literally have the T shirt. So I want to make sure if they pick somebody else, we will participate. We will draw constitutional maps for me what I've always believed the best way to draw districts are to draw districts that are compact and keep communities together where you can, so you have a right to be represented by somebody who shares your thoughts, your ideas, and your values. If you look at the red blue map in Ohio, you'll know this that people in Ohio tend to live around people who think and vote like them. And when you want to get into this concept of proportionality and dicing and splicing and moving districts all over to get a political result, that's called jerimandering. I will not do that. I believe the current constitution prohibits that, and we will draw maps that keep communities together, that are as compact as possible and Ultimately, that means that if you're in Hamilton County, the odds are you're probably going to be voting for somebody who shares Hamilton County's value Landsman. If you're in Butler, Claremont, or Warren County, the odds are you're going to be voting for somebody who shares Bubby ask his question, these values.
Speaker 1: My friends in Warren County, we're lumped in with most of Hamilton County, and Warren County is not happy with the liberal Democrat named Greg Lansman representing them in the Congress. What do you say to the good residents of Warren County to vote seventy percent for Republicans and they can't oust Greg Lansman because most of the votes in Hamlety County. Why did you hook Warren County with Hamilton County.
Speaker 14: Well, again, that map was actually drawn by the legend Well, we actually participated in it. But the concept was to hit this proportionality guide and the proportionally guide that Marin O'Connor was trying to force down our throats where you have a roughly you know, fifty four forty six distribution around Ohio. I don't think proportionality is a mandate in the Constitution. I think compactus. I think keeping districts that keep communities, cities, counties, and townships together where you can is the priority. And if you're drawing districts like that, look, you're going to have more Republican seats than Democrats in the state that Donald Trump just won by twelve points.
Speaker 1: So in the next event, you're going to do it again sometime next year, and not to be this year.
Speaker 14: It'll probably be the well's next year, year year. I'm forgetting where we are in the calendar. We got Christmas yet.
Speaker 1: And then you'll be sued again by Mark Elias and by Eric Holder. I assume you'll be sued no matter what. Well maybe maybe not.
Speaker 14: The big difference is we now have a constitutional Supreme Court. We have a Supreme Court. Remember last time, they could have continued their lawsuits on both of these maps, and they dismissed both of them. I look, if they sue us this time and we violate Articles two, three, four, five, or seven of the Constitution, we should be sued. If we don't violate those and it's only proportionality they want to sue us. One God bless you. I think the court's going to follow the Constitution.
Speaker 1: Lastly, there was this floating idea of a grossly expanding the House. They're up resentatives from ninety nine to like one hundred and fifty. As an American, I don't want one hundred and fifty. We have enough government. I worry about the one hundred and fifty ninety nine House and thirty three Senate. It's enough for me. Where do you stand on that?
Speaker 14: If anything, Look, I served in the in the legislature, I was former Senate president, I served in the House. It is it is much easier to herd cats in thirty three than it is ninety nine. It will be almost impossible to herd cats at one hundred and fifty. And so you add that, it just makes it more difficult to get things done, more difficult to have an input. Yeah, smaller districts mean it's going to be easier to elect somebody from your neighborhood of your community, particularly when you've got bigger rural areas. But in the end, I don't hear rural areas complaining about their legislators. What I hear is suburban and urban people complaining that they want more Democrats because the legislature doesn't share their statewide perspective. Really, Ohio is well represented in the mix of the legislature. Is Ohio sixty five percent republican state? Probably not, but we're certainly not a fifty four percent Republican state. And as you go through this mix, I think the current legislature can do what you do. But here's the key. We elect people to represent us. If you an't vote, I vote for you.
Speaker 1: That's right. If you don't like your representative, vote for you. Now I'll say to favor, don't know what he's doing. But if the other way was that the board of experts would get together, I don't vote for to draw the lines, and I have no say on what they do, and they can pay themselves for othery one and I got no I want to have a say right or wrong.
Speaker 14: It was literally one of the worst ideas, and you've seen the places that this has happened. It comes for a political outcome. You can't take politics out of a political process. Drawing legislative lines is inherently political. And what every time they've tried to do this effectively, what they do is figure out a way to exercise their political bias into the lines. The best solution in this area is to have districts that are compact and then allow people to be represented by people who are vocal and share their thoughts and their values and their issues.
Speaker 1: That makes no sense at all. Yeah, that's just crazy. I'm crazy. Keith Favor, State Auditors soon to be State Attorney General. Thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show in person. By the way, you're here anytime you exist, I last give me one capsule on an email, a text, or a phone call that you don't recognize, and who is that? And they want information? What do you do? Hang up?
Speaker 14: Delete because they want to use your voice. They want to use your voice, they want to capture your information. And they they're really good at what's called social engineering, where they pretend to get you convinced that they are somebody who they are not. Do not fall for it. Look, we have to be right one hundred percent of the time. The hackers the scammers only have to be right once. The other thing is And we didn't talk about this, and I'm not paid by these folks, and I don't care who you use.
Speaker 1: But it's not a bad idea to get it any theft protection. Yeah, if in third bank for five bucks a month, if you.
Speaker 14: Have the ability to get it, get it, because when it happens, it is a pain in the butt to uno a lot of this stuff, and they'll help you do it. The other thing is if you think somebody slides or cheating with your state information, call the State Auditor's Office one eight six six Fronto h Our Ohio auditor dot gov. I have now put nearly one hundred and thirty people in prison for lying, stealing, and cheating with your tax dollars. Heith favor, godspeed, thank you, thank you. Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred. Wow.
Speaker 1: And now I want to hand it over to the President of Ukraine, who has as much courage as he has determination.
Speaker 9: Ladies and gentlemen, President putin, oh.
Speaker 3: Hello, hello, quiet skulls. I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Gosh segment. We're near the end of the avenue of champions. We save the best for last segment. Please introduce these state champions before us.
Speaker 7: Now, Willy, we have the Saint Ursula Academy Champions. They're ninth, ninth count of eight nine state volleyball championship. There the Division two volleyball state champs. The Dogs Saint Ursula wins overcame a two niel deficit in the final match.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, where good front of Rocky boys?
Speaker 7: Where's white House? Anthony Wayne? Is that north of Columbus North close to Toledo, Bengo? So there's another team that goes down hard to southwest, ohighway, So it'll be nice about what so what they wanted again? Saint Ursula twenty two and four and head coach gretch and crumb Deck is here. Gretchen, welcome and introduce your ladies. Here the champs of the world Division two.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's great, so excited to be here today. Thanks for having us. So we have Emsley Bernard. She's our setter. She's a senior, sets it all up, that's right, kind of like our quarterback quarterback. Then we've got Nia Jones. She's a middle hitter, so it's a quick set to.
Speaker 1: She hits in the middle.
Speaker 8: That's right, all right. And then one of Emsley's favorite targets over there is Molly Cree. She's our outside hitter.
Speaker 3: She's thirty thirty kills and twenty three digs. Willie in the final is that right?
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, unbelievable. What's a dig? Did you say?
Speaker 6: Dig? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's a dig?
Speaker 10: It's when the hitter hits it at you and you you pass it high to the center to.
Speaker 1: Emsley Tansley that she like goes forty eight inches up in the air over the net and that's over and slams it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, and the last one, the.
Speaker 8: Last one who digs all of them. I'm a Fritch junior. She's our libero.
Speaker 1: Maybe she'll be like a grave digging lego. And maybe gay old old Cunny when you're irrelative, and maybe go up to gate to Heaven Cemetery at some point, get some extra work on the side. Explain the last game, because I understand, coach, you had difficult to send herseless backs or against the wall. Things are looking ugly, that the failure was in front of you. But then you a rose like a mighty phoenix. You said, no, not on my watch. We're not going to lose on my watch. Explain what happened, coach.
Speaker 8: So we had an interesting morning or bus did not show up to pick us up. So we were all at school, right, So we had about an hour to get up to Wright state. So luckily we had some cars there. We saw everybody in and hide tailed it up seventy five.
Speaker 1: What happened to the bus showed up at the wrong time, Scottie Crosswell, Crosswell could have gotten gotten here there quicker. So the bust. Did you ever find out why to bust and show up?
Speaker 8: It was the wrong time. It was an interesting situation.
Speaker 1: So but you got there.
Speaker 3: That was one overcut, that one hurdled overcome.
Speaker 1: Big hurdle. We came right there and they didn't. They didn't want you to come anyway. They wanted to win, that's right.
Speaker 8: They just wanted to walk out of there. We want us, that's right. So we get up there, little flustered, trying to calm everybody down, trying. It took us a minute to get into the locker room.
Speaker 1: You can't get on the locker room, can't get there, Number two, number two.
Speaker 8: Number two, trying the locker room on the second floor. But we got on the court. We had time to warm up, kind of settled down a little bit, a little bit, but you could tell we were still a little frazzled, little dazzled. We went down a little bit in the first came back made a big comeback to uh, we lost the first set twenty five to twenty three, so good progress. But but second set coaching error. I will take that one. I wrote the lineup backwards.
Speaker 6: What did you do?
Speaker 1: Wrote like hierogalyphics or something.
Speaker 8: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: You want it backwards?
Speaker 8: I wrote it. You're supposed to write it this way, and I wrote it counterclockwise.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 8: Oh, that means that we were out of order, so they had to play in a lot in a way that they were not used to playing and rotate. So yeah, this is a big coaching mistakes.
Speaker 1: Don't make that mistake again.
Speaker 8: I will never make that again.
Speaker 10: Trust me.
Speaker 1: We will triple check that with my on the second game.
Speaker 7: Score that game, I think it was twenty five twenty one, they won.
Speaker 1: So we go down to how are we looking. We were a little a little so frazzled.
Speaker 8: Little frazzled, but honestly, they always looked determined, and they really did. I feel like that they felt like they were going to pull it out and just kind of have a little determination. And they came out in the third set and we kind of traded points here and there, back and forth, and then I think we just hit a spot in the match where it was like, forget it, we're taking care of this.
Speaker 1: You got to win three games in a rown, right, you do have to win three to a team is good or better than your team. There, they wanted to win badly. They had guts, guile, determination, they had fear of God in love with country.
Speaker 4: Is that correct?
Speaker 15: Correct?
Speaker 1: But it wasn't enough for the bulldogs of Saint Ursula. Explain what happened, Well.
Speaker 8: We had a little wardrobe malfunction with a situation wardrobe somebody not quite as bad as that, but we had to go get another pair of spand X. But somehow we had a gummy bear end up.
Speaker 1: On a shoe bear on it.
Speaker 13: This is really.
Speaker 8: No bust, no, but I'll tell you it really did settle us down and kind of last we finally could laugh and then we were good. So the girls took care of business and they did a great job.
Speaker 1: Was it scored the third game?
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 7: Seventeen forty five, sixteen, and then with the final fifteen to nine.
Speaker 3: You only go so much into final.
Speaker 1: Fifteenth final set fifteen to nine. It was over, and who had the winning winning hit or the strike who did that?
Speaker 8: Our girl, Molly creature, Explain Molly what happened?
Speaker 1: It's all on your broad shoulders. You're looking beete and bloodied and unbowed. You can't get the bust your pants are get there there all of a sudden, what happens to the last point.
Speaker 15: Yeah, we were feeling super confident after having a good lead in the third set, and then we got a good pass from Emma right here, Emma.
Speaker 1: The passer, yep, Burrow You're like Jamar Chase Joe Burrow is.
Speaker 15: And then a great set from Emsley and then I yep, and then I hit it off the block and went.
Speaker 10: Out and we got that point.
Speaker 1: You went nuts? Was there a human pile on the court there?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 15: And one of our girls actually got a little bit hurt in the dog pile on the floor.
Speaker 10: She's fine now, but she had a score.
Speaker 3: For the gummy bear.
Speaker 1: Concussion is twenty five stitches something like that.
Speaker 3: A girlfriend Springborough got hit.
Speaker 1: Had a girl sitting right there. She had twenty five stitches in the eyebrow playing soccer. That's not good. You can play volleyball. How does it look? Next year? Coaches gets look ready to go into College. How does the team look next year?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we will definitely miss those three seniors along with their other four. We have seven seniors this year, so we will miss them a lot next year. But I feel pretty good about what we have coming back and then some of the new ones coming in. We're really lucky to be at Santors so where we do attract some really good academic and athletics.
Speaker 1: So they're smart too, you're saying they're super smart. Let me ask some questions, then, girls are Saint ars? Give me the four presidents on Mount Rushmore left or right?
Speaker 10: George Washington?
Speaker 1: Correct? Abraham Lincoln that's number that's number three.
Speaker 10: Jeff Thomas, Jefferson, that's number two, and number four Roosevelt.
Speaker 1: Which one? Teddy?
Speaker 6: Teddy?
Speaker 10: Teddy Rose?
Speaker 1: Now what is the square route of.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Good? Right there? All right? State capitals? What is the state capital of the state of New York Albany? All right? What's the state capital of the state of Washington.
Speaker 10: Olympia?
Speaker 1: That's correct? What about the state capital of Kentucky?
Speaker 10: Frankfurt?
Speaker 1: Who is the governor of Ohio? Mike, can you name one US senator from Ohio?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 1: As two? As you know, one of them just got elected to the Vice presidency.
Speaker 10: JD Vance.
Speaker 1: That's correct right there. In fact, you're using this as a class. Who's your favorite British poet?
Speaker 10: Nia Jones.
Speaker 8: From England?
Speaker 1: Are you from England?
Speaker 6: I am you are?
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 10: Hello? I'm Na Jones.
Speaker 1: Who's the Prime Minister of England right now?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 10: Richie Sumac?
Speaker 1: Whose place did he take?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 10: I'm not sure his hair?
Speaker 1: The other guy India?
Speaker 10: No, I can't remember. My mom's going to be so mad at me.
Speaker 1: Your mother. What are you doing in the States. How'd you get here from England? My dad used to work for P and G during God the Proctor and God, so we moved around a lot when I was younger. You still have an accent? Are you aware of that?
Speaker 10: I do, I'm quite aware.
Speaker 1: What is your plans in life? You're going to go into college, You're going to go to trade school, become a mechanic, possibly grave digger.
Speaker 3: Would it be he's going to be the Prime Minister of England?
Speaker 1: England?
Speaker 10: I mean no, I'm definitely going to college. But I'm actually US citizens. So if I become president, everyone watch out.
Speaker 1: Where were you? Where were you born?
Speaker 10: I was born here in Cincinnati at Christ Hospital.
Speaker 1: That's a good place to be born.
Speaker 10: But then I moved away.
Speaker 1: That's right. Where were all?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this question. Then, where was Elon Musk born? What country Elon Musk?
Speaker 5: You know who he is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, richest man in the world. Yeah, where was he born?
Speaker 3: Give me a hint.
Speaker 1: It's in a It's not in North America, not in South America. It's not in Europe. It's not in Asia. It's not in Australia. It's not in Antarctica. Africa. Bingo, which country? South Africa? He can never, he can never be the president. He was born in South Africa. But John McCain was born in South in Central America. But he could become the president because he was born on a US military base. Write that down segment. Give me some sports and make it fast, will he?
Speaker 7: The astoos reports of proud service of a local tame Star heating get air conditioning dealers. Tamestar quality. You could feel on the east side it's heating it air at nine three seven, four four four forty four oh one?
Speaker 1: How many How many seats are there in the US Senate total seats one thirty five one hundred two for each one? How many about this house are representatives? How many members are in the House of Representatives.
Speaker 10: Four thirty five?
Speaker 1: Bing, go right there? Segment? Please continue?
Speaker 7: Will he playoff action all across the tri State in high school football tonight? The high school football Tonight show kicks off coverage six o'clock. What about Rocky Bimon Sports thirteen to sixty? Where is he the Ohio Regional final? Moler Saint X at six forty five?
Speaker 1: Who do you like in that one?
Speaker 3: Coach?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I gotta go with one. What about your girls? Moller or Saint X?
Speaker 10: Gobamersuck?
Speaker 3: Also to Anderson and La South Tafton Centerville tonight?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 7: How many senators and the Elks in Kentucky, New f Beechwood, Cooper, Highlands, Newport, covecath and Ryle go at it?
Speaker 3: And also good luck tonight the Batesville get them all?
Speaker 7: In Indiana Class three A State semi finals from Batesville against Heritage Hill.
Speaker 1: Pretty good? Can you girls do the Trump dance?
Speaker 3: Look like you're doing the robots.
Speaker 15: I've seen that.
Speaker 1: Google it the Trump Dance? You'll be going nuts? Segment Please continue.
Speaker 7: Let's see the NWSL, Willie and Pro Soccer women's Pro Soccer announced, what about pro volleyball? What about the Wincinnatti, Cleveland and Denver? The final final three cities vying for a franchise?
Speaker 1: And who's the star that Mike is joining?
Speaker 9: FC?
Speaker 3: Caitland Clark.
Speaker 1: Have you girls heard of Kate Hegland Clark. She's going to be here part of FC. The Brits like them too. You like America, America?
Speaker 10: I love America?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Segment Please that's a good answer there, segment. Please continue.
Speaker 3: Bengals update, Willie.
Speaker 7: The National Football League has announced that the Bengals Week sixteen matchup against those Cleveland Browns flexed, originally set for Thursdays, December nineteenth, is now take It will take place Sunday, December twenty second, one pm. As Santa Claus gets ready to come to town.
Speaker 1: And coach I had on the Satan Saints came marching in here. Seatan, I'm sorry, the Seaton Saints came marching in here. And you've beat the Seaton Saints, is that correct?
Speaker 8: We did once? They beat us once, but yes we beat them as well. We're pretty evenly matched this year, so it was always a really good game to watch.
Speaker 1: So you were the hammer, then you were the nail. Yes, unfortunately, girls, Congratulations, you've done well. Let this be the beginning of the rest of your life. This is just a ladder upon your way to success and be in life as good as you are in volleyball, and you'll be good. No drugs, no drinking, no smoking, buy lottery tickets. That's a great idea right there. But nonetheless, make yourself proud, you promise. And by the way, don't be a clown.
Speaker 2: You agree.
Speaker 1: Don't be a clown even if you're from Britain. I like the Britain despite what your country's done to Ireland over the past five hundred years. That's agitations. Well, it's the capital of Ireland. Very good segment. Congratulations girls segment. Get me out of the student's report.
Speaker 3: Will he in honor of Saint Ursula?
Speaker 7: The Division two Ohio volleyball state champs with their ninth ninth state title, get a bigger trophy.
Speaker 1: Case I'm undefeated, untied, unscored on.
Speaker 7: Everybody, have a nice weekend and who day. We leave you with the immortal words of the stood report.
Speaker 1: I paid my have you girls? Paid your dues time after time. Have you say yes, I have paid.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 1: You know where Freddie Mercury is. Yes, this is him at Wembley Stadium nineteen eighty six, raising money for USA efforts. And he says one thing about you girls here later on, get ready. You've made a few mistakes, haven't you. No, no mistakes. You're any girls, You're ready sing here, we are here, we are girls, We we chiefs, my friends singer girl sing.
Speaker 6: And we keep.
Speaker 1: Even with a wardrobe malfunks and they keep fighting.
Speaker 2: No bus.
Speaker 12: Sans, no time for lose or toledo and play on the losers.
Speaker 1: That's it, Freddy Girl segment. Thank you Coach God, bless Saint Ursula and Marge Shot who gave serious money to Saint Nurse Right, I love that, lady. Billy Cunningham News Radio seven hundred w l W, Oh my God,