Speaker 1: I debated whether to read this email because it's a little bit dicey and it's like Kenny puts a lot of pressure on me. But I'm gonna go ahead and read it anyway, because this is kind of what we do on the Minnesota Goodbye Hello Fabulous crew, says Sarah Davy. She calls me that because today on War of the Roses we made fun of adult men who I put a why at the end of their name, like Tommy, Scottie, Mikey. That type of thing. Totally up to you if you want to read this on the pod. But I was listening to Wednesday's Minnesota Goodbye and heard how you were bothered by a friend asking if everything's okay. Honestly, I've been wondering the same thing for a while. I know marriage isn't sunshine and rainbows, but I was wondering how Susan is. That's my wife? Does she or your kids get upset about how you talk about her being lame, acting like an old lady and having no hobbies. No, she really doesn't listen. I mean once in a while she will, but I think kind of, you know, it's kind of like you ask about your partner's work and how things are going, but you don't watch them work. Maybe I don't know. It's like we've been known each other for so long that she doesn't listen, and I don't mind. The novelty's kind of worn off for her and she'll tune in once in a while. But I think she's doing other things in the morning. But does she mind if I say anything about it? As a P one listener. I love your and the crew's candidness, but that doesn't mean it doesn't come at a cost of potentially hurt feelings that might create more distance. I can also understand your perspective of wanting a partner to be up for more adventures too. I'll also say to a parent of kids that are quickly growing up and becoming more and more independent, I can relate to Susan in terms of finding myself and needing a hobby, so many phases of life that we can all eventually relate to keep up the great and relatable work. Well, no, it's not like we're having problems. It's just that I get frustrated because, like you know, I want because I've realized that so much of my life. Yes, I've had adventure and I learned to fly, and I've done a lot of boy scout stuff and I ride a motorcycle. But I want to have adventure and Susan doesn't like adventure. We were going to go flying last Sunday and because I needed some video because I was taking video whatever, and I needed some video. So I'm like, okay, well go flying with me. And last time we went flying was up to Duluth, and she didn't enjoy it. The entire time there she was like, are we there yet? How much farther, how much longer? And it was I could tell she wasn't having a good time. So I said, hey, well you go flying with me, so take some pictures of me flying so I can post it on social media. And she's like yeah, sure. Well on the way to the airport, she's like, yeah, I'm not going to go up, and I said, well why, I just don't want to. I'll stay on the ground. I'll get video of you from the ground. And I was, I was I don't know if annoyed is the right word, but I disappointed is a better word, because it's safer I wouldn't do it, and she didn't want to go and she wants to spend a lot of She's crocheting now, which I'm glad she's doing something because she hasn't had a hobby. And I'm not trying to pick on her. She hasn't had a hobby since she took karate twenty years ago. Sure, And I think everybody should have a hobby or a passion, and I've got a million of them. Yeah, you know, Jenny plays pickleball and does the unicycle, and you go bike riding and you go hiking, and Bailey goes to you know, fringe festival and improv and things like that. So it's just kind of like, I don't know. It's not like we talked about a lot. If your spouse got gained a lot of weight, Okay, well that's one thing. What if your spouse decided that they didn't want to do anything anymore. Sure, And it's been a challenge. I'll be honest with you. It's been a challenge because I want to go do fun shit, right, I want to go not I don't want to do anything dangerous. I don't want to go wingsuit flying, No, but I want to have some adventure before I'm too old to go have adventure. And that's why I climbed Pike's Peak a few weeks ago, three weeks ago today, because I want to have some adventure.
Speaker 2: I feel like you might have mentioned this already. Does she?
Speaker 3: And this is asking a big question. Do you know if she has like any form of depression or anything about the contributing factor of like not wanting to do anything anymore?
Speaker 2: But you said she hasn't had a hobby in twenty years.
Speaker 1: No, she's never wanted to. She goes up with her girlfriends here and there. Sure, I wish she would go more, and I just I don't know. I just want her to have a happy life for her too. Sure, And I don't know. I mean I could dig a lot deeper and go, Am I the one that's making her bored? Am I the one that's making her sit on the couch? Am I the one who's not? But I don't know. I mean, we went on vacation in Hawaii. We had a great time, but her idea of fun on vacation was to sit by the pool and play on her phone all day. And I'm like, well, let's go do this. Let's rent a canoe, let's rent ATVs. No, I'm pretty happy here. You can go do it by yourself. I'm like, well, I'm not going to go rent an ATV by myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I wouldn't. If Andrew didn't want to do something, I'd go do it by myself. And you are like that, Yeah, I would absolutely I would not. I do not waste my time on vacation, on vacation, okay, No, Like in general, if the reason I wanted to do around here too, I would go do it by myself.
Speaker 3: Because you just mentioned that you went to like a movie by yourself for the first time, like recently, right.
Speaker 4: Because I don't like movies. Okay, it's not because I was unsure sure by myself. I just am not a movie person.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, Sarah. That's a really good question. And it's not like we fight in bicker all the time. But I think sometimes you go, God, you're only I think Susan is fifty six, and I think sometimes she wants to graduate to sit in a rocker and crochet with a cat on her lap stage, and I'm like, those days will fucking come. Yeah, those days will come. They say when you get older, they're the go go years, the slogo years, and the no go years. So go Go, Go, Go Go is where you buy an RV and you travel to all the national parks, and then the slogo years are where you don't really have that kind of energy, so you maybe go on a cruise, right, or you go on a road trip or whatever. And then the no go years are where you don't have a lot of choice. You are in a fucking rocker or a Rascal scooter and you are looking forward to bingo tonight at five o'clock.
Speaker 2: So you're in Go Go and she's in Slowgo slash, no Go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, and I think I you know, I mean, I love her, but I'd still that is frustrated to me because I wanted to go do things. Yeah, do you want to go do something? Bailey?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can go do stuff.
Speaker 1: What do you want to go do?
Speaker 2: You asked me to go flying one time and then you never asked me again unless vont was available.
Speaker 1: You were I'll take any time you.
Speaker 3: Too, Can you come? And Font was like no, and then you're like, oh well that's a bummer.
Speaker 1: Take your fight anytime you want to go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you want to go flying. Yes, I do, but only when the leaves starts changed. So give me a hot minute.
Speaker 1: Well okay, good, okay, yeah, pick pick any thoughts on that. Let me know. Maybe there's somebody else who's listening, and that's kind of like, yeah, you know what. It's not like I'm ready to call Jonathan Fogel, but at the same time, I just want more. Yeah you know, yeah, Okay, that's all I want to say about that. Thanks for asking, Sarah Nosy, all right, next one, Dave Jenny Bailey, don't say my name. I appreciate Dave and Jenny clarifying their points about weight gain in a relationship. I thought Bailey's point was important about looking at the behaviors versus just focusing on the weight gain. Currently, I'm in my late twenties. Following high school, I went into the Marine Corps. I was medically discharged four years later because of health issues that developed. It's been a struggle since then with my mental health, trying to find the right meds, and I developed eating disorders one hundred pound weight gain. Since twenty twenty, I've had various unresolved health problems which I've been fighting to get figured out this year, I was finally diagnosed with several auto immune and hormone disorders. In July, they detected an early stage of aggressive rare uterine cancer during a scheduled surgery. The treatment is complex, so I'm scared about what will happen with that and if I'll get to have children. Now I'm properly medicated, continued diet, exercise, dietitian, etc. I've lost forty pounds. Thanks you guys for putting on a great show and being vulnerable on the radio. You brought me joy and comfort during these hard times in my life, especially this year. You guys are awesome. Sincerely, P one listener P one is a term for like people who listen the most like P one, P two three, P three, So P one means you listen to KWB is the first station of choice. I think one of the things that I like about this is we're not afraid to like. You know, we say vonsters the pot and he'll be like, sushi sucks. Ye, Well, I don't think that. I think one of the things that we should be able to do on the podcast is give a bold opinion and then look for people who have different in opinions, and I think that's important to be able to do because I think a lot of radio shows they're so vanilla they don't want to I don't know, rock the boat, so they'll just stick to say things like, oh, Taylor Swift is so delightful, and my gosh, I love the Minnesota State Fair where I don't mind telling you the cherry in the spoon is a piece of shit. It is a piece of shit and should be sold for scrap metal.
Speaker 4: WHOA Have you ever gone to see it at night?
Speaker 1: Why would it's ugly during the day? Why wouldn't want to go see it at night?
Speaker 4: I think it has a different buye at night because it's lit up and stuff. I just think that it's I think at night it's top tier.
Speaker 2: During the day it's me, you know what.
Speaker 1: And the funny thing is with the cherry and the spoon, I don't care. I don't like it. I think it's stupid. And I've gone over this a million times and people will send me memes and they'll send me funny things about the cherry and the spoon. I don't care deeply. I just don't spend a lot of time thinking about the Cherry in the Spoon.
Speaker 3: I said one time that I didn't like hocus Pocus, and now people are like, I'm watching your favorite movie, hocus Pocus, and I'm like, uh huh, I'm never gonna say I don't like anything ever again.
Speaker 1: I don't want to watch hocus Pocus because Bette Midler's teeth and lips in the poster, yeah, are so disturbing. I don't want to watch.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's actually a decent movie.
Speaker 3: I just don't care for it, really, But anyway, that's fair enough to know it's same.
Speaker 2: It's my cherry in the spoon.
Speaker 1: Yes, like, yeah, I don't like it. So this is a little bit long, but I'm gonna see how much we can get through. Hello Minnesota, goodbye, crew. Please keep this anonymous. It's extremely controversial subject and honestly, even if you don't read this, that's perfectly fine by me. Laugh emoji. Listening to the episode you had people we were talking about people still wearing masks. Now, assuming you asking good faith, I thought I would give you some possible reasons. As someone who is part of the COVID aware community in Minnesota. While there is no one size fits all answer, and many people have more than one reason. The most common are they are immune, compromised, or disabled in some way. Their spouse or other family member that they have direct contact is they were disabled by COVID specifically and had someone close to them pass from the disease. They didn't get sick while wearing masks, so they continue to do so. Much of the COVID cautious community are people who like to keep up to date on research articles specifically, and then they go on to a big article that says COVID is still dangerous. And while some people think who masks also alter their behaviors because of more risks, many of us go out just with the mask to help lower the risk of infection. I still go to most of my events that I did pre COVID, dancing, museum, shopping, working in person. I just choose to wear a mask so I don't end up being bed bound again from another COVID infection. I don't mean to sound preach you're route no, not at all, because at the end of the day, you can do whatever you want to do, but just because, but I want to share some of the valid reasons that people choose to mask in public. Love your show, and I hope that it leads to help you understand our reasoning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the immuno compromise is the word I was trying to come up with yesterday. I couldn't come up with that, But that's I have friends who are not necessarily themselves are immuno compromised, but like they have a direct family member that they see often who is. And so those are my friends who continue to wear a mask, or they'll do it when they're at like, you know, an event or something where there's a lot of people that could you know, breathe and sneeze on them and whatnot?
Speaker 2: For sure?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I don't. You know, I absolutely religiously wore a mask. I got the vaccine. You may know me as a man of science. And so I think the thing is, like, I think if we look back at COVID four years plus later, we we realize we may have overreacted a little bit. Maybe.
Speaker 3: Well I think we were. We were panicked because we didn't know so much exactly.
Speaker 1: Right, That's what I was gonna say. We didn't know, right, And I really thought that a lot of us were going to die. I thought there are going to be several people in this building that die of COVID, And I really thought this was one of the biggest and it is one of the biggest events in human history in the United States or in the world, because it affected the entire world. And as it turned out that it was not like Bailey's going to drop dead and rich is going to drop dead whatever. But I really thought we didn't know. And I think we'd also seen Contagion with fabulous Gwyneth Paltrow where you got it and you died, And I really think there was something to that where people thought this could be the one that kills half of the year's population.
Speaker 3: I mean, it killed a lot of people, so I think it was a valid fear, and like I knew people who died, so like I totally get still wearing a mask, but like, obviously now vaccines have given us like a peace of mind where.
Speaker 2: We don't feel that was our way out.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but like, if I'm sick, I'll still wear a mask because and I think I probably will for a long time that if I'm sick, I'll wear a mask to benefit the people who are around me.
Speaker 2: If I like go out to a place and have, like, you know, a really bad cold.
Speaker 1: So if you had a cold, you would wear a mask. Yeah, okay. Next email Dave, long time listener, first time writer. I still laugh when I think of midnight masks. So I think they're talking about the high Room call years ago where Hiram would call the Catholic church and say, Hi, what time is midnight Mass tonight? And they'd say, oh, it was eleven o'clock and He's like, wait a second, Midnight Mass starts at eleven o'clock. And then there was a whole bit with Hiram and it was very funny, and that was a long time ago. Thanks for remembering that one Trevor from Wisconsin. While you were away for your Pike's Peak climb, there was a discussion about hand washing and that you were disgusting because you don't wash your hands after you use the restroom. I'm on your side, true. Here's how I've looked at it. Did you guys talk about me behind my back?
Speaker 4: I don't know why I got brought up, but something got brought up. So of course I dropped your name in there. Of the person who doesn't watch it.
Speaker 1: You've been a real bitch today. Jim, you said earlier that I walked like Kermit the Frog. You said I walk like Kermit the Frog, which hurts my heart.
Speaker 4: I think it's the pumpkin spice latte. It's making me a little fiery today.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh, here's the Trevor's thoughts. If you take a dump, wash your fucking hands. If you take a leak and don't piss on yourself, why the fuck did you get What the fuck did you actually get dirty? You need to washing it. In a lot of cases, I wash my hands before I take a piss. My dick has been cleaned in the shower and in my clean underwear all day. On the other hand, my hand's been touching all kinds of gross shit. Think of being at a casino with all the buttons and money you touch. No way, my hands are cleaner than my shalong.
Speaker 2: But don't this is an honest question. Doesn't your pen get like sweaty during the day?
Speaker 3: Umm?
Speaker 1: Not particularly? No, No, not really.
Speaker 2: Because I would be washing my hands to get like the pean off of my hands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, I just.
Speaker 2: Or just the pino the penis odor.
Speaker 1: Well, I think some guys don't maintain the ball and the dick area very well. And I think of a guy is like sweaty and he you know, he's wearing the same underwear four days in a row, using the same dirty towel for two weeks, sleeping in the same dirty sheets. Yeah, he's got a dirty dick.
Speaker 2: Gross.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you got to watch that thing anyway. I hope you agree. Bring back Corey foleyl just kidding. Vont Jenny Bailey are amazing. PSU are one hundred percent right that cauliflower sucks. New staff writer would love a sticker. So I say her name is Secretary Brie, and Brie will take care of you. Yesterday, I'm going to bring this up again because I thought it was so fun and interesting. I think I saw this. I get a weird I get a feed that's called weird history or something on my Facebook, and it was like the best movie openings of movies that sucked, and one of them was the number one answer was ghost Ship.
Speaker 2: Can you not describe it again?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: No, I absolutely will describe it again entertainment. I don't want it so for in entertainment purposes. The opening to ghost Ship is a very elegant cruise ship and very elegant. People are dressed in gowns and tuxedos, and then they're dancing on the dance floor and having cocktails and they're very elegant and beautiful. And then you see a gloved hand reach into the frame and pull a switch. The switch trips a wire that rapidly at the high rate of speed, sweeps across the dance floor in one's fluid motion and cuts everyone in half. And it doesn't they don't topple right away, and it's unrealistic because they don't die right away. It takes them a moment to realize they've been cut in half, and then they top half of their body topples over. And it's called ghost Ship and it really is. I mean it is like if you like horror movies like I do. We're done now, Bailey, Bailey, We're done now.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Then you find it like, really wow, that was crazy, But then they say the rest of the movie sucks. This person Chad writes on to say, I was eleven years old that movie came out. I thought the trailer looked super cool. I had my stepdad take me to see it in the theaters. Still crazy. I was only eleven, and I thought it was a really cool movie with a twist that I never saw coming. It's not really that bad. But also, I'm the guy whose favorite movies are all the Saw movies. I saw all ten of them. Love you guys. Currently live in Colorado and driving back. Now, what's funny is our machine failed at that point. Now, we went on for a couple of more minutes on the Minnesota Goodbye, and one of the things we did was ten ways to know that that person is the one, and it all got cut off because I looked up and the recorder decided to just fucking stop who And so we missed Because we have the best music, the best content, but the worst equipment. Yes, so the computer decided to stop. So we don't even know where it's stopped. And we're not going to go back and do that again, So we'll just do that tomorrow. So do I sound frustrated?
Speaker 2: You do sound frustrated.
Speaker 3: I think that's okay, though I don't know if this got in, But in Whichita you can get a house for two hundred and forty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: No, see that's amazing, because you know, I don't think we got to that part yet, because yeah, that was Yeah, we talked about a woman who sold her house and made.
Speaker 3: Four thousand profit in four and a half years.
Speaker 1: She sold the house in Montana and made three hundred thousand dollars profit. I'm like, that's a house by itself.
Speaker 2: Wild And I looked up Gaylord, Minnesota too.
Speaker 3: You can also get a house for like two hundred thousand dollars their full blown house.
Speaker 1: Is that crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, I'm moving.
Speaker 1: We will continue with that. Just remind me tomorrow because I'll forget all about it on the Minnesota goodbye. We'll see you tomorrow. Send your emails to Ryan Show at KDIWB dot com