Speaker 1: You are about to witness amazing emot has coming living Mon's property of all times.
Speaker 2: Yes, my bow sock on you bow down to your laughter.
Speaker 1: Can you dig it? Can you dig it?
Speaker 2: Theere you digger? Allowed to play?
Speaker 3: Allowed to play, Come out to play.
Speaker 2: Come to play.
Speaker 1: The first The.
Speaker 2: Sun is rising. God, wake up, Wake up now, don't worry.
Speaker 1: We're on here to show you how jenn Witz horses glass station K and mo g Homer go.
Speaker 4: This is a family bee.
Speaker 1: Don't turns out town tas wait and say.
Speaker 2: Are you ready? Are you ready to job? In time to start to show past recline about Prescott.
Speaker 1: It's a big mass Marty show.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the work a week.
Speaker 4: It's not such a war kick that makes up the stuff in.
Speaker 1: And make it hardcore. Hey wisby and then mess picked up your phone.
Speaker 4: There a lot you're on the air.
Speaker 3: Eight Good morning, it's the Big Man Morning Show and BMMS and whatever you'd like to say to eight two nine four five. It's an online the website that rockskmod dot com. Past shows are available on iTunes search under b MMS. Listen with your cell phone get the iHeart Radio app, available from the app store of your cell phone provider.
Speaker 1: More on that at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 3: And we're on Facebook, Facebook dot com, Slash BMMS six y nine.
Speaker 1: That's where you can hang out with us each and every day. Good morning, Lindsay, Good morning Corbin, Good morning, Gimpee, Well, good morning. Tickets to Guns and Roses.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be.
Speaker 3: Up thunder Ridge Nature Arena on Saturday, September twelfth. Get your tickets thunder Ridge Nature Arena dot com and see what Gimpie wants to talk about. We got conspiracy theory. Thursday, Mike Malega will come talk to us about all things baseball and other sports and top list today it's the top fireworks names. Hey, long time ago, I did a segment called porn or firework? Oh was it a porn or is it a firework?
Speaker 1: Kind of like that?
Speaker 2: Right, don't shoot you at my face.
Speaker 3: Master Explosion, Cleats and Cold Ones is tonight. We're gonna be out at Roosevelts from six pm to eight pm. It's cold Core's a lot I'll be waiting for you. They got usually a ton of giveaways as well. Plus we're gonna sign someone up to win a trip.
Speaker 1: The live soccer match times Windling. By the way, we've got a cup more.
Speaker 3: Of these, so if you want to make sure, come out and see us Roosevelt six pm to eight pm. I was thinking about the whole fireworks thing and how because people have been pregaming, it feels like in my neighborhood, Oh yeah, fireworks.
Speaker 2: All week, And.
Speaker 3: I wonder do they should they enforce the fireworks rules this week, the laws.
Speaker 2: So far as you can only do it on like the third and fourth and between the hours of you know what is it, like six and then.
Speaker 3: City limits all those things, Because I gotta be honest, I don't think they do.
Speaker 2: I don't think they do either, because it's been the same thing's been happening in my neighborhood. I think the police I don't. I don't think.
Speaker 1: I feel I hope they have other more important things to deal with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I I think unless if there's a burn band, then.
Speaker 1: I don't know anybody's ever gotten in trouble for a burn band for.
Speaker 2: Real, because during the burn bands, you're not supposed to barbecue, you're not to do any right, but they were still out there doing it.
Speaker 1: I still see people doing it.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie. I have grilled during a burn band.
Speaker 4: None of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, should they enforce it?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. Really, Yeah, I mean they got bigger fish to fry.
Speaker 1: Give me, what do you think?
Speaker 2: I don't think they should dot dot dot. If you are blowing off fireworks during the week or like hell, even just after midnight, right after twelve midnight, I think that's when they should be like, okay, yeah, this is after midnight, people are trying to sleep whatever, and now it's a noise problem. Okay, then that's when they should enforce it. But up until eleven fifty nine, fifty nine, I've ad its.
Speaker 4: I mean I would say up until like ten thirty even, like you get it, like ten to ten thirty, Okay, be respectful of.
Speaker 2: Your name leading up to the actual holiday itself. Yeah, okay, I don't hate that.
Speaker 4: I'm still working.
Speaker 2: I don't hate that. Yeah. Not everybody's off for.
Speaker 3: The week, right, Yeah, and well listen, I'm okay with like a little uh Saturn missile pack right, yeah, buzz bomb whatever, but full shells.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: We had one year a neighbor who did fireworks like at eleven o'clock at night.
Speaker 1: They started their.
Speaker 2: Just some fireworks.
Speaker 1: Was this on the fourth of July itself?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I would let that slide because it's on the holiday itself, and a lot of the places don't start until nine thirty ten o'clock because you gotta wait for the stupid son and go down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they're typically only fifteen minutes and so it's usually over by ten fifteen. Started at eleven, now, granted, and I have little ones, but put him to bed, and they kind of didn't just go go go. They did some whatever, dietd some so it went on to like almost midnight. But their finale was a giant like just a boom one and it was so loud right woke the kid, woke me up from a dead sleep, woke my kids up from it. I mean, it was one of the lottest fireworks I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Everybody came back down, go back to bed right well. Next day. On the neighborhood facebook page, people were.
Speaker 2: Like, what the hell? And the.
Speaker 1: The guy that did at his house, he just you know, do what I want. You can't tell me? Right s A d like and you're like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Dang, man stands around man planch flag.
Speaker 1: Sure, don't tread on me.
Speaker 3: Country free, well free for you, not free for we, right, But the idea that, uh, it's just like yeah and.
Speaker 2: You give none none. But it was the loudest firework I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: So listen, you want to do sparklers and some buzz bombs and some satderment, a lot of rockets, okay, yeah, till minute okay, but the loudest firework.
Speaker 2: Definitely.
Speaker 1: You paid two hundy for that one shell, probably more you think he held onto that one for so long for that reason, for the finale. No to piss just to piss the neighbors off. No, just be like I'm knowing to everybody in this neighborhood unhappy.
Speaker 2: If you walk.
Speaker 3: Around with that on your shoulder and then plan and plot until midnight, I think you're mentally handicapped.
Speaker 1: I think you have a mental disability.
Speaker 2: It's definitely something wrong to carry.
Speaker 3: That all day, like carry and plot and plan and like nope, it's eleven fifty, we got ten more minutes.
Speaker 1: Like huh, yeah, you're not a good human.
Speaker 2: Some people are like that though.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately the idea of how much the uh shells are also I'm like what, Yeah, that's the.
Speaker 2: One thing that slows me down from buying a whole bunch of them and having one of those massive displays, because they are but loving expensive and they always have been. That's the thing. This isn't anything new, This isn't a twenty twenty you know, six inflation sort of thing. Fireworks have always been expensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember was it last year?
Speaker 3: We went and I gave each kid like, all right, here's fifty bucks, buy whatever you want. Uh huh, And they were like wow, they tried to go. They went, you know, my kids have good taste. Man, went right to the end. They're like, what about this. I'm like, you don't have enough? Aw let me show you where the dollar bin is. Right the dog that poops, that's hilarious.
Speaker 4: My one of my my girlfriend of mine, I saw her yesterday. Her son puts on a fireworks show for the neighborhood and friends, and he sends out invites. He does research on fireworks, like weeks, maybe a whole month in advance, like research research. He's a numbers guy, and he says, it's not always in the name, like the names, it's the names will fool you, they'll suck you in and then you're very disappointed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course. Yeah, like I thought everybody knew that.
Speaker 4: I mean I didn't because I know nothing about fireworks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just because it says it's the Devil's dingling doesn't mean the right right.
Speaker 4: Right right, But he will do so much research and then he'll go to get coupons.
Speaker 1: They have coupons.
Speaker 4: They have coupons for fireworks. That's I had no idea.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the tip, and well yeah.
Speaker 4: And then we'll go to the best fireworks stands to get his fireworks. And I went over to their house yesterday and their office is floor to ceiling damn near with fireworks really yeah, wall to wall wow show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we always like to We always like to go to If you ever been Jake's Fireworks over there by the hard Rock, we always like going in there.
Speaker 3: Well set up system, air conditioned, air conditioned. They have little monitors to show you what they do, right, real nice. I just went to their page to see and yeah, no, they have coupons. Yeah, they have coupons. I would have never guessed that. And you can join their get their app.
Speaker 2: Where you can get another disco to get rewards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good for them. Yeah, I'm not not. Something I think about doing is getting coupons for fireworks.
Speaker 2: But but it makes sense though because they are so expensive. Kind of coop. What are we talking about here? Ten dollars off.
Speaker 3: Percentage, buy one, get one free any one item priced up to sixty bucks.
Speaker 1: That ain't man bundle prices.
Speaker 2: Three for fifty okay, some of those bundles, well they can get expensive, but you're getting a crap load.
Speaker 3: So they have like one of them, like you get three for fifty, but they're eighteen bucks each, okay, or three for two hundred, and they're seventy eight dollars each, so you're basically you're getting by two get one free.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, not a bad deal. Sure.
Speaker 1: I first time I ever went, I went to buy them and I was like, give me, give me the booze blaster, give me the mother in law, right, give him my ex wife right.
Speaker 3: And you're like, yeah, nothing crazy, no shells. And they're like that'll be five hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: You're like ten things, Yeah, let me take out a second mortgage. Yeah. I'm like I get in the car. My wife's like, oh that's nice, and just five hundred dollars. She's like what, I'm like, I didn't know. I'm just d like never again. Pretty much straight to China, get them from there, straight to the source. The illegal ones too.
Speaker 3: There's a place by my house where they set up camp and they just hang out there, right, And I can only imagine, like do you just stay up and you drinking party right like you're r ving it.
Speaker 1: It isn't like clocking in and out at work if.
Speaker 2: You're running one of those stands. Yeah, oh yeah, that's a that's a party right there.
Speaker 3: It's like if you have people over to barbecue. I've ever been to a barbecue competition. Like you're up all night, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you feel good.
Speaker 1: You're in another world.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We've talked about doing that before, like buying fireworks, especially with being on the radio and having a fireworks stand and just doing I just don't want to man it.
Speaker 2: Right, you gotta get the little booth, right, you got to.
Speaker 1: Rent a tent, right, Yeah, you gotta have somebody watch it twenty four to seven?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because thieves And then what do I do it with the stuff after? Ah, I can tell you what to do with the stuff after, Like you have a big one you blow at the f up. You're like, this is the leftovers because they're already paid for. Right, You've already paid for everything that's under the tents or in the booth, and so you're just trying to recoup your money and make some profit off of it. From what I understand, I'm probably wrong, but so it's like, all right, well they're already paid for, we gotta get rid of them. Let's blow every last one of them up at one time. Right.
Speaker 3: It's not like when you have a restaurant you want to donate the food, right, you can't take it to good will?
Speaker 1: Right, right, I'm pretty sure they don't take.
Speaker 4: How long do they stay good for? Like if you don't sell them all in one season.
Speaker 1: I've never checked the expiration date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good poin gunpowder goes bad? It does, it does.
Speaker 3: I just did a quick search and it said for a small stand, the margins anywhere between fifty and seventy percent, which is a crazy if you know anything about margins, that's insane. So you can profit anywhere on a fifteen hundred to six thousand dollars standing, getting where between ten and thirty thousand dollars in profit.
Speaker 2: That's a good chunk of change, it says here. When your fireworks are stored in a cool, dry place, they typically last three to ten years. Wow. Yeah, that's cool. I've got this one giant fire it's like a it's like a tiny stick of dynamite. That's all I can describe it as. And a friend of mine gave it to me about six years ago, and you still have it. It's been sitting in my toolbox, just waiting your tool box, yeah, just waiting for the right time to set it off, because I'm like, what am I gonna do with this miniature stick of dynamite? I mean, I guess I could dig a hole and bury it in my front yard and blow up a hole in my yard. But I'm like, what am I gonna do with this? So it's just sitting there waiting. I don't know. I'm supposed to go out to the lake this weekend. I might take it out there, right, See what I see? What perch I can get up?
Speaker 1: You're gonna.
Speaker 2: Or blow up in my hand? Effuses fast out right. I'm not gonna lie. I'm a little scared of lighting it.
Speaker 3: So my dad was My parents were smokers, right, and we would get fireworks. Nothing crazy, but we would get fireworks. And when we buy them, I would be like, we gotta get punks, and my dad would like, no, we don't.
Speaker 2: Got a pack of twenty right.
Speaker 1: He give me a cigarette and light it with this, and I'm like, ah, what, yeah.
Speaker 2: You not being the smoker, actually used it for that and me being the smoker at that time, sneak away while I'm lighting it. Fourth of July, all rules were out the window. What besides that, besides that, I mean just staying up lay, you know, cause and terror. If you can sneak you know, a beer away from from the cooler while they're not looking, it's all good because why because they were tanked at the end of the night and they didn't know. That's true. So it's like we we had our own little party. It was a good time.
Speaker 3: I feel like I tell this story every year, but I have a fond memory of that happening, right, like my parents neighbors and all that, and my mom wanting to take us to the neighborhood the city firework display and us driving to where it was and we go there. But we got there like people were walking back to their cars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, after and we tried and we tried to I'll never forget that.
Speaker 3: I'm sure my mom was insanely frustrated at the time because I'm pretty sure we were all supposed to go, well, one more, one, one more, you know that type of thing, right, right, But I just remember it being in the.
Speaker 2: Car and being like, like, why is everybody walking back to their car? Nothing like a core memory of disappointment.
Speaker 3: Because you know that getting to those type of things there is challenging from traffic, street closures and things.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I had a similar situation. We didn't miss the show, but I really wanted to be at the firework show at Rama, and when the kids were really little, the twins were about two or three years old, and it was really important. I was like, let's get there early, Kevin, and will get a blanket out and we'll sit underneath.
Speaker 1: Right Norman Rockwell, yeah.
Speaker 4: Exactly exactly, And he was like, all right, fine, So we went really early. We got a great parking spot, we got underneath underneath the show, like we had great seats, got the blanket out, and we're all sitting there. The show starts and the kids were all scared to share and they were screaming and crying, and we had to leave and walk through crowds of people.
Speaker 1: Very different experience in what I described like opposite ends.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, but it was really we can't. We couldn't, you know, Yeah, yeah, because they were screaming, they were terrified, Like who does it love children?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Children don't love them pets.
Speaker 4: How old were they that Marcus would have been four and the twins well, you know he would have been five, twins were about two.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well no, it's beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful, dude, like it exactly.
Speaker 3: All right, We got to take a break. We got tickets to guns and Roses we're gonna give away.
Speaker 2: We'll be back.
Speaker 5: It's time for news quakies, world news, local news and news that just makes you say, what the Here's Corbyn, Gimpe and Lindsay with what's going on news quakies from the Big nine Morning showing ninety seven five.
Speaker 4: Man who thought he had cancer had brainworms instead. Doctors in Spain got a shock when a patient they thought had brain cancer turned out to have worms living in his head. The sixty year old man went in after two weeks of worsening headaches and small changes in his behavior. A CT scan showed lesions that looked like cancer that had spread from elsewhere in his body, so doctors started him on a steroid and he quickly improved. But when more tests failed to find any actual cancer, a closer MRI scan revealed the truth. The lesions or cysts from the pork tapeworm. The infection, called neurosisterosis, happens when tapeworm eggs reached the brain and is a leading cause of seizures worldwide, though it is very rare in wealthy countries. Oddly, the man had not traveled anywhere the parasite is common. Doctors think he caught it locally while working construction, where he was often sharing meals and restrooms. He was treated with an anti parasitic drug and he eventually recovered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it doesn't sound like they missed it. It sounds like they were just doing the thing.
Speaker 3: And like, because I guess they don't expect people to have parasites worms in their brains, right right. I don't love the Hey, he was doing construction, that's how.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 3: Usually he's working out doors. No, I know that, But like, how does he get the parasite in his brain. Usually parasites sometimes come from eating infected meat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe living in water. Maybe he took a dip somewhere, okay, and I you know, got into his ear canal and then worked its way into the Brain's.
Speaker 3: The only thing I can think of drinking some pond water. Yeah, yeah, I'm thirsty here in Spain. I'll just drink this creek.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know how the water is in Spain. I'd like to think that it's clean, but maybe you do have to drink from a creek.
Speaker 1: No, it's a pretty modern country. They have filtration.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: I think don't people have quote unquote parasites on them already to a degree?
Speaker 2: To a degree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mites come to mind.
Speaker 2: Yes, skin mites, Ye, just mites. Yeah. Well, I'll see your parasite and raise another one, all right. An explosive diarrhea parasite has hit at least twenty states wow nearly half Wow. The CDC is given out a warning saying that at least twenty states have given a reported one hundred and forty five people a case of explosive diarrhea. The parasite is called the cyclospora, and it's hospitalized twenty people between May and June sixteenth. Now. In addition to a severe case of the Hershey squirts, your other symptoms include appetite loss, bloating, fatigue, cramp, puking, and nausea. New York, New York currently holds the lead with the most cases, but Texas and Illinois are not that far behind, so they say, And they say that this parasite, this explosive diarrhea bug is going as far west as Alaska and as far south as Florida. It could be here. What about that?
Speaker 3: Would you rather be insanely constipated or have insanely explosive diarrhea? Which would you rather have?
Speaker 2: I think I'll take the diarrhea.
Speaker 4: Better out than better out than in. Lose some weight I.
Speaker 1: Mean not necessarily, but right, but maybe a pound?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: But constipation is the It sucks.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yeah, being backed up is no fun. I'd rather be evacuating the city than have been being stuck in traffic, you know what I mean? Yeah, at least that way you can still drink, you hydrate yourself, so that way you're not losing a whole bunch of you know, nutrients, and all that stuff that happens when you when you have the diarrhea, cha cha, and when you're just backed up, you just it keeps building on top, right, No, thank you.
Speaker 1: Man legally named Santa Claus arrested in child sexteen again.
Speaker 2: I feel like we've rich stories about a couple of Santas that have been and it probably is a different Santa. Would not surprise me this one. His name is Santa. His name is like honest dreamers, listen, yes, says Santa Claus.
Speaker 3: Seventy five year old New Orleans man legally changed his name to Santa Claus was arrested in Louisiana during an undercovered child exploit exploitation sting.
Speaker 1: Please Say Clause.
Speaker 3: Contacted an undercover detective posing as a fifteen year old boy on a dating app, discussed sexual acts and arranged to meet. He was arrested without incident when he showed up to the meeting location in a sleigh.
Speaker 2: No what said video bills on.
Speaker 3: He faces charges of being a bad boy and going on the naughty List, and a bond was set a twenty thousand per charge. The sting was run by the City Police Department's cyber crimes unit led to eleven arrests thirty seven charges overall. Police said warrants were also issued for ten additional suspects. Authorities use the case to warrann parents that online checks child exploitation and the risk kids face on social media, gaming platforms and dating apps.
Speaker 2: You're dating apps for children, that's what it says.
Speaker 1: This also said something really and I kind of breezed by it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if anybody else picked it up, but I feel like it says police say Clause contacted an undercover detective posing as a fifteen year So was the detective posing as a fifteen year old or was Santa Claus posing as a fifteen year old? I think it was the undercover detective of posing as a fifteen year old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's how that works out. This is disgusting and I just had to look dating apps for children way and it says there are no safe, approved dating apps for children. However, moving down the line, there are teen dating apps. One called you Bo, which is often called the tender for teens. What this live streaming and swiping app lets users meet strangers based on location and age. There's another one called Hoop and winkt swiping apps designed to help users expand their Snapchat followers list. And then there's the Whiz, a popular discovery app that allows teens to chat with people worldwide. Oh my god, wait a minute, but wait there's more. Kin Zu is another one, a private messaging app design specifically for kids and families to connect with pre approved list of contacts.
Speaker 3: So, my kid is in its inter tweens and we've been discussing the whole phone thing. She obviously wants one, has friends that have one, and recently had a discussion about when you exclude your kid from having a phone, you may be excluding them from a social.
Speaker 2: Circle as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, not finding out about movie get togethers, any social stuff, right. Okay, And now you hear that and you're like, oh, I don't want to make them an outcast. Yeah, And then I hear that and I'm like, nope, hell no.
Speaker 1: Yeah a dating app?
Speaker 2: Uh huh. Not only do you have to worry about Fortnite and Roadblocks, right, because we've talked about that before, how roadblocks is so it's a breeding ground, yeah for predators. Now you got to worry about these apps and the kids will go they'll hear about them. I probably just told a bunch of kids where to go. I was going to say exposed a bunch of children, but that doesn't seem right. Told a bunch of kids where to go. So now they're going to go behind their parents' backs start looking into these apps and they don't know it's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe you did give some kids the inside track, but you also just told a lot of adults.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you very much. I didn't even think about it, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're also being like, wait, what a minute, All right, we're gonna go look for that app in my kid's phone.
Speaker 2: There you go, Now you know what to look for.
Speaker 1: I also was thinking about in the story how it talked about the detective has to pose as a fifteen year old that has to be a division of the police department. That is really hard to deal with.
Speaker 2: Say the worst maybe maybe, I mean, if you think it be joyful, no well no, no, no, no, no, it can be. It can be as it is weird to pose as a fifteen year old boy or girl, and you've got to have these disgusting sexual conversations with these creepy old men. The mindset behind that is we are, we're busting pervs.
Speaker 3: Like, oh yeah, right, No, I have a friend. I have a friend who's in that division, and he the reward is the payoff.
Speaker 2: So as awkward and weird and disgusting as it is, like you said, being able to bust these guys and you're getting another perv off the streets, yeah, I think is far greater. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And he's I mean the stuff he tells me that he sees and incurs when they apprehend them, things like that, it's wild.
Speaker 2: It is insane.
Speaker 3: I've gone to him before and asked him his thoughts on things and he's like no, no, no, He's like, eh, all right, Yeah, and you think this is exclusive to boys, like it's everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's everyone. And they also they don't just do old men. Let me phrase that.
Speaker 3: They don't just investigate men like old men older. I mean, go, I guess they're all older guy's named Santa Claus, right, They also investigate like peers, so like children.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, like are we talking like sixteen and twelve?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, okay, it's everybody. Okay, they're everybody, okay, which.
Speaker 2: Is good, good because you're stopping those younger pers from becoming older, creepier pers Maybe maybe.
Speaker 3: I know about to Bruce Banner mandal Uh, he's the incredible haulk for those that don't know he's before he turns.
Speaker 1: Nevermind, all right, we got to take a break.
Speaker 2: We'll be back. The Big Man Morning Show returns.
Speaker 4: Last morning, Corbyn. We're celebrating America turning two hundred and fifty with our two hundred and fifty k USA giveaway at eight o'clock this morning. Be listening for that keyword and you can win your share of the money twenty five hundred to be exact. When you hear that keyword, enter it online at kmod dot com. And if you don't win at eight, be listening at eleven two and a five o'clock.
Speaker 2: Good luck, Good morning, Gimpy, Oh, good morning Corbyn. Come join us tonight. We're gonna be at Roosevelts for our next cleats in cold one spot. Rosevelt's right there on Cherry Street. Will be there from six to eight. Come get you a corps light and sign up to one tickets to a live soccer match. Let's see what Gimpy's got, Let's see what Gamby's got. Crown No World, take my strong hand, give train on give train round the world. Take my shroung hand my give everything gets me going in the morning like old men getting raked. I woke up the other day and got this email from Airbnb, and uh, I thought it was kind of interesting. The subject line is Airbnb implements anti party screening technology ahead of its summer holidays. Oh, like, that's net How the hell do they do that? So I started digging in on it, and apparently this is nothing new. They've been doing it for the last couple of years. And they say that they use algorithms to build ongoing efforts to enforce Airbnb's year round global ban on disruptive parties, which is yielded a fifty percent drop and party related reports. And I could bore you with all the statistical bs or whatever, but that sent me down the rabbit hole of Airbnb horror stories. Okay, so I've gotten Airbnb's before I've even thrown what one could consider a party at an Airbnb. Really. Yeah, The one that really sticks out is this is a couple of years ago. I want to say, I was still with the nurse at the time, so this has been at least twenty twenty twenty twenty one something like that, and rented an airbnb down in Tallaquakers. We're going to float the river for my birthday. And we rented it out for like it was like six to eight people something like that, and it was just the people that were going to go on the float trip with us, right, and we had a party. It was a birthday party. But it wasn't a rager, you know what I'm saying. We we've stayed up, we barbecued, we drank, we float, we come back, we drank some more. That was that.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't call that a party.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was a party for you, But I don't think that's the part of the definition of party that they're implying.
Speaker 2: No, no, again, it wasn't a rager. We kept it nice and clean. We didn't have the police called out there. We didn't have a PA system, nothing like that. Nothing like some of these that I've been reading on.
Speaker 3: I know, people like when they're for a guy's day, when they're team's on TV, they'll get an airbnb and invite everybody over to the airbnb to watch the game.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, that happens a lot.
Speaker 2: I guess that's uh, that's the way to keep from trashing your own house.
Speaker 1: But I guess.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing when it comes to that sort of thing, right, Uh, what do most people do when they're dealing with something that's not theirs. Let's take the whole rental car, you know what I mean? You drive that rental car like garbage because it's not yours. Right, So my thought behind that is is that's dangerous because you don't know what twenty of your friends is going to become a drunken asshole and then start tearing stuff up just because they can, right right, Like this one here, it starts off the flat that became a pop up brothel. But you weren't expecting that when you rented out your airbnb, were you. This guy Collin says that the first red flag should have been when they wanted to pay with cash as opposed to going through the website. So this guy Colin googles up their names and finds out that they're actually high profile escorts who have been using the property with their clients. Colin says that when he got there, he found empty bottles of wine and prosecco, along with used condoms and rappers overflowing from the trash can.
Speaker 1: That's stop. Maybe hanging over the side, but overflowing. Get out of here, Lizz.
Speaker 2: You don't know what's happening. But if there's whores in there and they're just turning, John's left and right. Another one was a New Year's disaster. Apparently this gal had rented her London apartment out and within a few hours the neighbors called were like, hey, there's one hundred person party going down at your house. And when they came back to check it out, they said, and I think this line is hilarious. In addition to leaving a stench of cannabis behind, get out of here, the partygoers managed to rip floorboards and pull TVs off the wall.
Speaker 3: What the hell people, Yeah, there's a couple of people on the tiki taki that document these weird things that happened at their airbnbs. I was fully invested in the guy for a while where people sleep in like one bed but not the other.
Speaker 1: And then they took the the grill and they couldn't find the grill. They stole the grill.
Speaker 3: He doesn't know he's got cameras and it doesn't show them loading the grill up on the front porch.
Speaker 2: It's just gone that. It just disp awful. Aliens took it. This one here says the Airbnb apartment that turned into a junkie den. They said that they rented this apartment out for ten days, all right, and after the checkout, the owner went to the property to do some cleaning, and that's when they found drug paraphernalia, drugs, other unidentifiable substances that were strown across the apartment. She says that her home had been completely ransacked. Valuable items had been stolen, expensive rugs used as ash trays, and the only towels left behind were soaked in blood. They said the guest and her visitors caused more than ten thousand dollars worth of damages. So you want to be an entrepreneur, huh right, right, It's like, Okay, I can make some extra money, I'll rent my extra home out and you just never know who's going to be doing what in there. This one here says the guests that refused to leave. Now, this is kind of interesting comes out of Palm Springs, California. When they went ahead and booked this apartment or whatever. Right, the thing about it is. When it came time to check out, the people who rented it refused to leave, and they say that California's tenants rights, which makes it difficult to invent evict a guest or a tenant after thirty days without having to pay or a relocation fee. They did say that they left quietly in the night after two months. They didn't do any damages, thankfully, but they had ended up having to leave due to the firestorm of publicity and the help of a couple of lawyers. So they had to get the law and they had to get the local news involved, and they stayed there for two months. Ye two months. Yeah, I can't imagine. Be like, guys, guys, please come on, and there's nothing you can do, not a damn thing you can do.
Speaker 1: You think you can do something?
Speaker 2: They're squatting at that time. Yeah, and squatters rights. Squatters shouldn't have rights, that's no.
Speaker 3: But let no, but to look at it, I agree, one hundred But look at it from the other angle. What could stop somebody from coming in and saying that's your house, right like this is this.
Speaker 2: Is no, this is mine? I got Yeah, you'd have to have the proper documentation. I've seen those videos on the TikTok as well, where the police get involved, like they had a vacation home up in the mountains or whatever, and the owner comes it's like, Hey, we're going to stay here for the summer or whatever, and there's people living there. Yeah, and they got to get the law involved, and and and and they're like, they asked, what do you have, what proof do you have? Right? And they provide some kind of fake documentation, but the owner actually comes out and with the actual real documentation. But you you don't have that at you're ready, right, you don't have a deed at your ready. No, you've got to find it and you're safe or your safety posit wherever you keep it. It's a giant paining right.
Speaker 3: So, but in those scenarios where somebody's scamming the homeowner the other way, that's why it's they have that type of right if you will. And the other thing is that there are people that because if your warrant, your deed gets changed in the courthouse, how do you know, Yeah, true.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't know, because it's not like they're going to send you a letter. They just assume it's you you would think they would ask for some kind of identification at that point, you.
Speaker 1: Do, you have to provide some letters.
Speaker 2: But I and.
Speaker 3: I'm being I don't really know. Right, you buy a house, it just gets taken care of. How the sausage has made no clue.
Speaker 2: To me, Right, You're just happy to move in and have a place to live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So think of when it comes because that's actually a thing that people are doing now, is changing your deed out from under you just.
Speaker 2: Straight going skip the middle man, go straight to the courthouse. See, that's another good reason just to rent. We're talking airbnb. Horse story is this one here says the owners rented out their cabin to five young adults that came back to the disgusting smell of death. I say, the only thing that they found that could explain the smell was six dead deer under the house. How they get there, That's what I'm wondering. Listen, getting into.
Speaker 3: Cross basis not easy to shove a deer in. There is a whole other thing and do it six times right right.
Speaker 2: This one here says that while most of the tales come from the point of view of the host of the airbnb, this guest horse stories they say that they went with. This comes from a former employee who shared their experiences. It says, I used to work customer service for Airbnb, and one night, around four in the morning, I got a call from a guest saying that their place they rented was burning down.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Twenty minutes later, I got a call from a host saying that a guest had burned their place down. And it wasn't really that person's job to figure out who was that fault or even what actually happened, but one thing was for certain that the place did burnt down. That's another thing you don't really think about somebody committing arson at your house. Yeah, you know, here you go, you're being nice, you're trying to make some extra money, and then you get assholes who are like, you know what, let's burn this mother to the ground. Yep, just because I thought ripping up the floorboards was bad, ripping TVs off the ball was bad, You're gonna burn that whole some bitch down. It says here that the the the paranoid patron is what they call it comes from the host. It says, allowing multiple strangers into your home and you sleeping at your property without really knowing much about them. Said there's a level of assumed trust which you do. You bring these people in and you're like, okay, I expect you to take care of this place as if it was your own property. They said. One guest in particular, was extremely paranoid that her Airbnb had hidden cameras throughout the unit and despite the host being a living host, which let's just pause right there for a second. I think that's weird. Yeah, I think that's weird when your hosts live on the property with you.
Speaker 3: On the property is different than in the house because you can have land and have a different building.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll give you that. If you've got like a mother in law.
Speaker 1: Suite, like hold, I'm like another building on them, like you know, land, I guess.
Speaker 2: That'd be all right. But yeah, it reminds me of that. Oh god, damn. Was it an Airbnb commercial with Yeah, yeah, he's like, right, here's the rules that that would be so weird to hear. You're trying to get coffee in your under rus and you got the host right there, you're bumping into him. Hey, what's for breakfast?
Speaker 1: That's a it's an air. It's a B and B, a bed and breakfast by that.
Speaker 2: Point, right right, there's no air that are involved. Uh. And the cameras is another thing that worries me. I'm not going to say I'm paranoid like this particular person is, but I get it. The the hosts, the owners, they're just trying to protect their stuff. But isn't there that an invasion of privacy at some point in time?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Not if they tell you in the description, Okay, I'll get I'll give you. Having one in the living room, I just cover them up.
Speaker 1: Well. Now, the exterior I don't worry about, no, But the interior I've covered.
Speaker 2: I cover them up. I've only runted a small handful of ones. We had. When we went to Memphis, there was a security camera outside. I don't want to say there was one in the living room as well, But I didn't bother me any because my thought is, if you're not doing anything wrong, right, you should be fine. But I guess if you're finding cameras in your bedroom, that's where things turn a little weird.
Speaker 3: Yes, down in Broken Bow there's so many airbnbsque type of rentals's, but they've got a great system.
Speaker 1: It's super efficient.
Speaker 3: Some of it's on Airbnb, but they have companies that manage it locally, so people will like that have patrol that goes by.
Speaker 1: I mean it's okay, and they're no nice houses okay.
Speaker 2: Which makes sense. If you have that much invested in a house kind of like that, you want good security, you want cameras on top of it, so you're not getting people that are ripping TVs off the wall or putting dead deer underneath the porch.
Speaker 3: There's a whole like OnlyFans subgroup that that's all they do is go and do airbnbs and shoot video content.
Speaker 2: Kind of like that brothel that I was talking about exactly. All right, what do you do. Let's say you've got an airbnb, you rented it out, and you come to find out that it turns into a brothel or an only fans content site. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think when you decide to do an airbnb, you have to know you can't really control.
Speaker 4: That, right.
Speaker 2: I guess you're right.
Speaker 3: Either you're in the business of being an airbnb or you are not. This isn't This isn't a it's a hotel essentially.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're right, but it's still your property and your rules, right, And it reminds me of that when they were shooting more it was the Killers of the Flower Moon. Right with Leonardo DiCaprio, there was a story that came out that he ended up getting kicked out of the Airbnb.
Speaker 4: That he was staying in for smoking.
Speaker 3: He was kind of having a party, right, But again, I don't know the validity of that. Yeah, but that's that's violating the rule that you agreed to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess you're right.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I'm just saying, if you're gonna have an Airbnb, you have to go. I'm gonna be an Airbnb that expends whatever to happen. That's part of the game.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: If you to me, it's like going, I'm gonna make cakes. But if you have you know, black hair, I'm not giving you a cake, Like what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: Why are you in the cake business?
Speaker 2: Right? You got to be open to anything and everything.
Speaker 1: You either want to make money or you do not want to make money.
Speaker 2: Take the chances of property damage and whatnots Anyway, I didn't realize that there were so many horror stories behind these Airbnb.
Speaker 3: Guns n' Roses at the thunder Ridge Nature Arena on Saturday, September twelfth. So we're gonna throw your pair of tickets. You get to go up there. Get your tickets thunder Ridge Nature Arena dot com. It's Thursday. So Schnip Schnapschner is the game. Current record is well, I.
Speaker 2: Am leading with eleven and you have seven and Lindsey has four.
Speaker 1: Last week's winner.
Speaker 2: That would be mean.
Speaker 3: So Corman and Lindsay eight three three four six Oh kmo D. Eight three three four six oh kmo D call up, decide who's going to be your clue giver. Whoever gets the most right is going to win those tickets to go up and see guns and roses at the thunder Ridge Nature Arena in Ridgedale, Missouri, on Saturday, September twelfth. Eight three three four six oh kmo D. Good morning, you're on the air. What is your name, Tracy?
Speaker 2: How are you today?
Speaker 6: I'm doing well?
Speaker 4: How about you?
Speaker 3: I'm good Tracy. Who would you like to give clues? Your choices are Lindsey or Corbyn?
Speaker 2: Tracy.
Speaker 3: Sixty seconds are on the clock. Timer starts after the first clue.
Speaker 2: Are you ready? Yes?
Speaker 1: Here we go. Uh.
Speaker 3: This is a metal device that goes on that sheet of legal that you scribble on.
Speaker 1: And it's also the little helper on Microsoft word and exactly. H.
Speaker 2: This is the social media platform that has.
Speaker 1: Pictures mostly.
Speaker 2: Not Facebook.
Speaker 3: Yes, uh, State Farm, Geico, Liberty Mutual, Yes, but specifically yes.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 3: This is a giant star that explodes reula No, no past the opposite of dirty.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Uh, this is people call it. It's a brand, but people use it to moisturize their lips. But it's a brand, it's a generic term.
Speaker 1: No, there you go. Uh. The person that stops the soccer ball from going into the net. Anyway, no specific time time time. We got five girl, might be good enough for the wind.
Speaker 2: Hang on the line. Okay, okay, good morning, you're on the air.
Speaker 1: What is your name?
Speaker 2: Richard? Richard? How are you today? Good? You and lindsay have to beat five? Are you ready? I'm ready? Here we go.
Speaker 4: If you remarry someone who has a kid, it is now your what.
Speaker 2: Step kid step?
Speaker 4: Yes, but another word for it, another word for kid.
Speaker 2: In law.
Speaker 4: No, No, you said yes blank France. Yes.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: This is at the end.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: When when ships are coming in to the to the uh at the ocean, No, no, no, at night they need something to see yes, uh huh.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: They're always asking for money and they're using you. They're such a what.
Speaker 2: Bomb?
Speaker 4: No pass uh. This is one way you use your tongue when you're getting fresh with someone.
Speaker 1: A smooch time time time.
Speaker 2: Let's see. That's gonna be me. So sorry man, Richard, it wasn't enough.
Speaker 1: It looks like you got four brother thanks calling.
Speaker 2: Gratulations, Tracy. You're getting those tickets. You're gonna go see Guns.
Speaker 3: And Roses of the Ridgdale Nature Arena on Saturday, September twelfth. Everybody else can buy their tickets Underridge Nature Arena dot Com.
Speaker 2: Excellent job, lady, Thank you, sir. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a good one. Hang on the line so cap you can get your info U the one that Lindsey passed on.
Speaker 2: It's a borrow.
Speaker 3: It's also somebody that you have a friend. They never pay for anything. They're constantly asking to spot them and they're just.
Speaker 1: Known as a.
Speaker 2: Bum. Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's a song called Many the blank er.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, Many the moocher.
Speaker 1: Many, Many the moocher. Yeah, okay, mooch.
Speaker 2: Gimme what would you do? Yeah, another word for a kiss, all right, exactly, and I'll take the s off of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's good. Yeah, the one that I passed on or yeah, I want to start show him soon. Sorry, go ahead, Lindsay.
Speaker 4: Star explodes or Champagne Yeah, the guys by Oasis, Yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know, over that's what he says, Champagne soup and over. Uh.
Speaker 1: And then the one that I did. I don't think we got that at the end.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought that was very easy. Uh, that it could be very topical.
Speaker 2: Right now you got it?
Speaker 1: Well afterwards she did not get it. She said tender.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then maybe.
Speaker 2: Trapper a b.
Speaker 1: Okay some hive right yeah, and my my brother's blank nice yeah, goalkeeper, goalkeeper all right. The record now.
Speaker 2: Keeps me in the lead with eleven, but moves Corbyn eight leaves Lindsay at let's go ahead and see what Kimpee has in his four by four. Justice Barman prioritizing birth's touring following Supreme Court birthright citizenship ruling, Justice Departman is directing its staff to bring fraud charges and alleged cases of birth tourism. This is in response to the Supreme Court birthright citizenship ruling on Tuesday. Following the six to three ruling, the DOJ's Office of the Deputy Attorney General says investigation and prosecution of birth tourism schemes should be a prioritized by all Criminal Division staff. The Migration Policy Institute claims up to twenty six thousand babies born annually in the US could be attributed to birth tourism.
Speaker 1: It feels like a small number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I guess what else we got here.
Speaker 1: Compared to the what four million that happen every year?
Speaker 2: Right, right? Right? These are people that are just coming here just to have the babies. So they're like, yeah, well, my baby's got a citizenship. Now what else we got here? How long?
Speaker 3: I'm asking the question, how long would you have to wait before you could travel with a newborn?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know if I think as long as there I think it's easier to travel with a newborn, honestly, because.
Speaker 3: They're still I'm talking about the health and safety of the baby.
Speaker 1: Maybe a month, a month, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm happy with that. There's a new anti terror law that takes effect, a new Florida law that targets suspected terrorist organizations, is being highlighted by Governor DeSantis. It gives state officials a process for designating domestic terror groups and restricting public supports for those organizations. During a stop the other day, desantists said that the law is designated to protect public institutions and strengthen public safety. It also includes penalties for providing material support two groups labeled as terrorist organizations. Bad news, I guess sort of for PlayStation people. Sony to stop making physical PlayStation discs. Sony's gonna stop making physical game disc for PlayStation starting in January of twenty twenty eight. After that, all new games will only be available in digital format. The switch won't affect games already released on disc. I guess that's a good move on Sony because the cost to print it on a disc sure mechanical, Yeah, when you can just have it downloaded straight to your console. But if you got people like like I've got a buttload of physical games, you know that I collected over the years, and it's nice to have that visual right there. Yes, and you don't get that with this digital stuff. You just gotta you know, I guess you want to show your friend, like, look at what I have here in my library.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think people said the same thing about DVDs and watching movies and now downloading them or just streaming them straight.
Speaker 1: Feel like it feels like enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. Lastly, here Tulsa establishes forced to Prevent Domestic Violence. A new task force is being created to prevent domestic violence here in Tulsa. Mayor Monroe Nichols issued an executive order creating the Tulsa Domestic Violence Prevention Task Force yesterday. The crux for the tax force is assessing existing programs, evaluate impact, promote collaboration, provide policy guidance, identify best practice resources, and increased community awareness and prevention efforts. The Tulsa County and Oklahoma consistently rank among the highest in the nation for domestic violence incidents.
Speaker 7: Good Morty Lindsay, Good Morning Corbyn, Happy thirty fourth, porn Star Birthday two, Mokomora, She makes Dallas proud and hits like all in for Sin, Best Butt Sluts one in two and pone Star Paradise three.
Speaker 4: She was a Latina Starlett of the Year Award nominee.
Speaker 2: Good Morning Gimbie, she got really pointing Boobs. Good morning, Corbyn, don't forget to join us tonight. We're gonna be at Roosevelt's on Cherry Street for our next stop on cleats and cold ones. Come get you a nicy cold Corse lights, sign up for those soccer tickets. Come on now. We'll be there from six to eight.
Speaker 1: It's Typer big Man Morning Show's top list random topics, randomly drawn with random results.
Speaker 2: Now here's Corbyn, Kimpy and Lindsay with this week's top list.
Speaker 3: This week's top list are firework names, firework names, What do you got?
Speaker 4: Lindsay coming in at number five because it's brought on by one of our favorite videos. Put it in reverse. It's literally the name brought on by Terry.
Speaker 1: Right, put it in reverse. The number four.
Speaker 4: Neighbor hater, And I imagine the neighbor hater is just really loud, right, a really loud firework.
Speaker 2: Just one that goes boom and rattles all the windows.
Speaker 4: Exactly and it makes your neighbors hate you.
Speaker 1: So I had that one on my list.
Speaker 3: I'll take it off, but it is a thirty second duration whistle, red Star crackle, Green Star sparkle crackle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think that's that bad.
Speaker 4: No, I don't either.
Speaker 3: That's a neighbor might like that actually. And it's just a little fountain, right, so it's not very big at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Number three.
Speaker 2: Milf nice.
Speaker 4: May and I love fireworks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 4: Number two America's middle Finger.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I like those names.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do too. I just think they're fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I'm imagining America's middle Finger when it's up in the sky. It's so big and it's so bright, and it's like, yeah, it's us, we're here.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I could be great if it actually blew up into a giant.
Speaker 4: And then number one for me is Wicked Pissa. I liked the show Wicked Tuna and there was a guy there was a boat with the Wicked Pissa, and I just I loved it. I think that's a great name, the wicked Piss. That's one wicked piss of a firework up there. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 3: Doing our top list and it's firework names, Top five firework names.
Speaker 1: What do you got can be?
Speaker 2: Well? Now coming in at number five is cat scat Fever. That's just nasty. If you ask me, I like you. The the play on words. You know, it's cat scratch fever, so cat scat fever, and if you just know what scat is, that's what makes it even more hilarious. Coming in a Number four for me is Banging Hard, Get another movie that Lendsy could probably promote.
Speaker 1: That's I actually had that one too. Sixteen shots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, red palms and titanium, dragon chrysanthium, green palm palms and titanium dragon chrysanthium, yellow palms and titanium dragon chrysanthium, purple palms and titanium dragon chrysantheum and titanium dragon chrysanthium.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a good time. Uh So. I also had the Wicked Pissa. That was number three for me, just because it's a funny, funny name. Number two, number two and number one could probably be interchangeable. But number two for me is Gunfighters from Hell. That sounds dangerous. That sounds like it's gonna put on a good show. It's probably weak af but whatever. And then the number one for me is Doom Death Blossom. Do the Doom Death Blossom.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 3: That sounds like it better deliver right absolutely, That's the like I want the names are fun, right because I want it to deliver, right, I I want it like you want to hear the name and go, oh yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: The one you save for the end, for your grand finale.
Speaker 3: We're doing our top list, we're doing firework names, and I got number five as the poopy puppy.
Speaker 6: Poopy puppy, it's just a cardboard dog with snake howls and whistles, sparkles come out and then yes, a snake comes out of the back end.
Speaker 1: It's not doing well, Doggie, the sect.
Speaker 3: Number four, call the cops, okay, an eighty seven shot brick be brocade and white glitter whistle with crackle, blue star red glitter, red glitter, green glitter, blue star, silverfish, gold palm, blue star red green, blue star and delay crackle. It's number three, number two howl yeah, hey yeah, nope, how yeah, how.
Speaker 1: Yes, hell yeah. It's a play.
Speaker 2: It's a play. Uh. And this is a cake one.
Speaker 3: And I didn't know what these were, but Cake one is six hundred and sixteen shots green blue, purple red uh. Cake two twenty five shots magic soundtail up to a red plume blossom.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then Cake three is twelve shots Okay, hell yeah, how much are those?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't have the price.
Speaker 3: And then the last one that I have here only because I loved the creative name for it. And this is just one of those small launchers, right, it's got the plastic cylinder.
Speaker 1: Bubba thump. Okay, Bubba thump, because that just yeah, Bubba Gump. And then I learned it's a whole series. Bubba's expanded. He's not just in the thumb business anymore. No, Forrest really took it in a whole new direction.
Speaker 2: I always got to take care of his family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody scooter stick, Yes, Joe Derrek reference.
Speaker 2: With slin kiddy chasers.
Speaker 3: I don't I thought of this with fireworks because I've I've said it before. I don't like them, but I do like watching them, Yeah, especially in a controlled environment and doing this and going down the rabbit hole of names and seeing these these like totally jacked right, that's one of them, right, going and seeing that, I'm like, I kind of want to.
Speaker 2: Go buy one. Now you might get into it. No, I'm just saying seeing it, you're like I kind of want to I want to get this, and especially the ones that light up this like do the whole thing.
Speaker 1: But you can't just go buy one firework.
Speaker 3: No, So, like if you wanted to buy this box right called totally jacked that is nine inches by fourteen inch, which is by eleven inches, you're not just buying that, No, you.
Speaker 2: Gotta get more. It's like a drug, man, It is like a drug.
Speaker 1: And you know what else it is, It's a measuring stick.
Speaker 2: Absolutely with your neighbors, says if you come in with some weak ass display, you're gonna be the laughing stock of your neighborhood. Fit Corbin over there with this little boomstick and his sparklers.
Speaker 1: His poopy puppy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your dog took a crap on the sidewalk, the.
Speaker 4: Howl yeah, how yeah, two seventynine Yeah.
Speaker 1: Usually those block ones aren't cheap, honey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but again, those are the ones you save for like the grand finale of your display. You don't start off with those.
Speaker 4: Maybe, it says for a a DIY backyard fire show, All these are that, oh for sure. Yeah, you're looking at for ten minutes in your backyard. You're looking to spend anywhere from two hundred to one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: You're spending way more your own backyard. For ten minutes, you're spending way more than two hundred.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it ain't gonna be that great two hundred.
Speaker 3: Because that one hell yeah is I don't even like a minute probably, So you got to do and that's two hundred and something.
Speaker 1: You got to do that ten times, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah. A professional budget, which they consider for like local celebrations or small wedding is anywhere from five to ten thousand dollars five thousand to ten thousand, and then a mid size community event is ten thousand to fifteen grand, and stadium production fifteen grand to twenty five grand just ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've always thought fireworks at weddings are kind of weird unless the wedding's been outside the whole time, because you got to ground everybody, come outside, come.
Speaker 1: Out here, and it's never long enough.
Speaker 2: No, that's what she said. I don't think I've ever been to a wedding that's had fireworks.
Speaker 3: I don't live far away from a wedding venue, so on occasion, yes, because you'll be like asleep and then all of a sudden and you're like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: The idea that you know, we got this extra ten grand. What should we spend it on? Oh, I don't know, the honeymoon. No, No, we're gonna get somehow yes and some bubba thumps.
Speaker 2: Sure you don't want to vodka luge? Uh.
Speaker 3: Somebody said there's one, a good local one in Kowita, and it's called the Kowita c h I starter like chit chat.
Speaker 1: Uh somebody else.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it was actually called, but my uncle called it the big Mambo Jombo. It was a bottle rocket where the rocket body was the size of a tall Boy can of beer. It was so heavy we had to rig up a bucket of rocks to keep it from tipping over.
Speaker 2: Those are the ones you see in cartoons, right that when they launch, like I don't know, they tie one of the cartoon characters to it and launch it up in the sky. Yeah yeah, yeah, all right, sorry, computer did something weird yours two? Huh yeah?
Speaker 3: Just all these flashing okay, anyway, Uh that's what That's how I know things have changed is when you're out like a buddy's house or neighborhood, you guys are doing fireworks in the in the street or whatever, and they're like, hold on, I gotta get something to stabilize it.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm like, eh, we're moving. Come everybody back up for the lows bucket, right or well, like he said, we had to rig up a bucket of rocks. No, no, we're gonna need another rock.
Speaker 2: What are you doing man?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Listen, safety first, bro, we need this thing shooting off and if somebody's owls and setting it on fire, come on, we're professionals here.
Speaker 1: I remember because we had grown up in Iowa and we would do fireworks in the street. But you'd have to like wait for the car.
Speaker 3: You have to pick up the stuff and like kick it over to the curb. Yeah, but we always pull like a board down. So but why I'm looking back, I don't know why. It's who cares if we put a burn mark on the concrete?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, but stability, I guess.
Speaker 1: Oh now I'm a fire marshal right right, Well, that way, you know, once the starts to take off, you know that that asphalt is a little level sometimes you know where you got that good flat piece of plywood?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that also catches on fire by the end of the night.
Speaker 1: What's your beta favorite beta firework?
Speaker 2: Beta fireworks? Yeah, like it's the weakest one out of them all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is like you'd be okay with your kids playing with oh, lindsay uh.
Speaker 4: Snake or a smoke big one smoke bomb.
Speaker 2: As beta as they get.
Speaker 3: Smoke bumps always disappoint They sound like they're gonna be awesome, but then they always do that.
Speaker 1: They don't last long, they aren't the right color, they're never a color.
Speaker 3: They're good for mosquito propellant for a minute, yeah, right, but they're if I want to I want to smoke like I want smoke.
Speaker 2: I want I don't want to be able to see you through military grades.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, for a few minutes, like at least sixty minutes, sixty seconds to.
Speaker 2: Them, you know, two minutes.
Speaker 4: I want to be able to disappear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the landing zones over here.
Speaker 3: I want a smoke bomb where you light it and the people like what's happening, just like you do with fireworks. Right, that's the same thing with a snake. I want a snake that's the size of a coffee can. I want to light it and let it just like if you know what rhinoceros tooth ef it toothpaste is like, and it just shoots up into the air.
Speaker 1: Like that's what I want.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but taller than me.
Speaker 1: Yes, I wanted to rival the Hey we're selling used cars, guy, it needs.
Speaker 4: To come out like the sand monster from Beetlejuice.
Speaker 2: My god, that's a lot of molten ash to have to clean.
Speaker 1: Right the burner on the edge away?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what would yours be?
Speaker 2: Gimpy? Oh, rum the candles all day? Man. I mean, when you're thinking about.
Speaker 1: It, that feels not Beta though. No, it's shooting fireballs, dude, that's not Beta.
Speaker 2: Yes, but you could be taking those mortar shells and holding on to them and then launching them at each other, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So it's just when I thought Beta, I was thinking a little more entry level.
Speaker 4: Oh, Sparkler maybe snips.
Speaker 2: Things so much like sawdust, you know, clean them up?
Speaker 1: Man, they do not clean up.
Speaker 2: Oh I hate them. Bottle rockets are always good too. You can't go We stab bottle rocket wars all the time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: You take a piece of metal pipe and you get dirt up in the bottom of it, light it, shove it back.
Speaker 2: No, we would just hold the stick man and just hold way way wait throw yeah, or if you just the hole in your hand right there, just my little circle right there. And yeah, sure you're gonna get some burn marks on your work, but it's fine. Don't be a pussy, no no.
Speaker 1: I remember the day after my dad getting the ladder out to get on the.
Speaker 2: Roof all right to get all the stuff off. Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: We didn't have wood shingles, right, just get.
Speaker 4: Them out of the gutters, eh.
Speaker 2: Safety man, safe first, right.
Speaker 1: People that work in hospitals, they talk about ers being like crazy. I can imagine crazy on the fourth July.
Speaker 4: I wonder if they get more visits on the fourth or on Thanksgiving because they say a lot of people burn themselves on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: But it's not even close, okay.
Speaker 2: Right, because you've got you know, bottle rockets fire, we're shooting in your abbawl, yeah, straight up your nose.
Speaker 4: Truth.
Speaker 2: You know what, you burn your hand trying to dip your turkey into some hot oil, your ears.
Speaker 4: Or food poisoning too, and it's not it's undercooked, or when people try to deep fry a turkey and it explodes on them.
Speaker 3: But fire department maybe, yeah, right, right right, But I think injuries to like the er. I think it's dramatically. It's not even a competition. This okay, this is July fourth, is the er super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, man, ladies and gentlemen, we've got a big night out of us. Everybody be prepared, stay on your game. Lots of missing limbs.
Speaker 3: So this says that uh, forty five thousand people go to the US e RS for injuries on July fourth and July fifth each year.
Speaker 1: So ninety one thousand over two days.
Speaker 3: Wow, Memorial Day forty one thousand, Labor Day forty two thousand, So it's about ten percent higher than those other two holidays.
Speaker 4: My goodness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you've got the you.
Speaker 3: Got the perfect storm, grill, alcohol, yard tarts, heat, pools, boats, traffic.
Speaker 1: Is a culmination of chaos, man, for sure, sounds like a good time and all when you have like poopy puppy and oemg right, cats, cat's.
Speaker 3: Cat fever, all just waiting for you to bring your cigarette that's smoked down to the butt, take a break and we'll be back. I'm not really clear why this was a story yesterday, but it seemed to get a lot of traction, where Reuters reported that the FBI say most of the notes or some of the notes with the Nancy Guthrie case are fakes, right, and then other people in the age and say, no, that's not true. So who do we believe, right, Well, they're it's both sources within the FBI, it says. The FBI says some of the ransom notes in the case were likely faked, but others still are under investigation. Two ransom notes were reported in early February, just days after she went missing, Savannah Guthrie's mother. The first one demanded millions in cryptocurrency. The second claimed she had died. Teams reached out to the FBI to try and clear some things up, and Harvey I never get enough of the spotlight. Levin says he spoke to an FBI official and another source that say it's unknown at this point if the ransom notes are real or not. They told him that dozens of notes the tabloid received about a person knowing who the kidnappers were or most likely fake, but nothing has been determined.
Speaker 2: So it's we know, but we don't know.
Speaker 1: Probably not. We'll have to wait and see.
Speaker 2: That's the story.
Speaker 3: How do they determine if they're fake or not? How do you determine if they're real or not. I know, I think there's only one way to find.
Speaker 2: The person who wrote it, or at least glued the pieces of the old magazine together.
Speaker 3: You would need some sort of cliche holding a newspaper with today's date, photo, something they're part of their dress, descript something.
Speaker 1: That would be the only way to go like, yep, this is real. Yeah, and this has been a thing forever. It's they see people that are nefarious, are not in actors of good faith, take advantage of this situation, right to try and get some cryptocurrency, right, right, which is terrible.
Speaker 2: Let's do the hypothetic.
Speaker 3: So the hypothetical is it wasn't an attending kidnapping, right, That's the perceived perceived story is that it wasn't It wasn't a kidnapping to get money, right, because if there was, there would have been a ransom note, a clear way to make that happen.
Speaker 1: Yes, And so they think it was a robbery gone awry.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's this old lady have?
Speaker 1: Just like just a home break in? Right, easy suspect.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fair. That happens a lot, a lot, a lot.
Speaker 3: And so if that person took them, they would not be then going, well, you know what, now I'm gonna get int the kidnapp in business?
Speaker 2: Yeah right, or I guess maybe it's possible.
Speaker 1: And then you write one and you send it off and they don't reply back, and you're like, what happened? I don't know how many If you kidnap somebody and you write a ransom note and they leave you on red, how long do you write another one?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: No, I'm serious, I'm serious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would. I would if if if I'm looking to extort somebody, you know, and they didn't respond after give them maybe three to five days, three to five business days.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Squeaky Wheel gets the oil in a kidnapping scenario, Well, you don't want to be too noisy, right, because then that's how they track it down.
Speaker 2: So you do have to give some space and time.
Speaker 1: Listen, what I know about kidnapping is all based around history and.
Speaker 2: And TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, And so I know that if you ask for money, the drop is where they get you.
Speaker 4: Yeah right.
Speaker 2: Meet me at the park at midnight.
Speaker 1: Yes, and everybody in the park's an FBI agent.
Speaker 2: Right, all just reading newspapers and walking their dogs, always getting the trash picked.
Speaker 4: Man, do you have to wire them?
Speaker 1: No, you can't do that either, right because they'll be waiting for you at the bank, or the wire location will be divulged in the bank because it's a federally well divulge who you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's gonna take a little more work. You could set up a fake name and a fake account, blah blah blah, but that's just too much.
Speaker 1: I don't think you can set up a fake bank account.
Speaker 2: Oh you can if you've got the fake documents. You know, fake ID, fake births, are.
Speaker 1: Sold security number, they run your credit to open a bank account.
Speaker 2: Got all that stuff. Man, you know you've got to know a spider or two to get that information to get those documents. But I'm sure it could be done. But again, what are you gonna get from a TV anchor's mom.
Speaker 1: I mean, she's worth a pretty pity.
Speaker 2: Maybe you're trying to get it from the TV anchor. Well, Savannah Guthrie is her name.
Speaker 3: I think we looked it was like thirty million, thirty seven million something like that was their contract, not to mention whatever other stuff she does.
Speaker 2: Forty million her estimated networth, So she guess, yeah.
Speaker 1: This news lately is probably raizy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: She earns eight million annually, eight million lucky.
Speaker 4: I think that I think that's I think that Savannah Guthrie has come to terms with her mother is probably passed on and she needed medication. When she was kidnapped in the first place, she didn't.
Speaker 1: Have Savana Guthrie's mother, yes, yes, yeah, uh.
Speaker 4: And whether or not the the ransom, Why didn't they just make a phone.
Speaker 2: Call because that could be tricked? I have right, Yeah, what are you gonna do? You put the socko over the phone. So that's how that you disguise your voice, right.
Speaker 1: Anybody knows they have the briefcase ready to hit start right, keep them going. You hang up at twenty nine.
Speaker 2: Right, right?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 2: We lost them, damn it.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't know if she's good.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 1: And you lose somebody in that dramatic of a way, you just get over it in a short amount of time.
Speaker 2: Oh no, even in a normal way. You don't get rid of you. That's your parent, your.
Speaker 1: Mom, right, just because they you know, they're sick.
Speaker 4: And dying, Like would I say says the guy who go back to work in a week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then does it still grieve while you're working? Getting over it? Is not not going back to work.
Speaker 2: Right, There's still jobs that need to be done and sprockets that need to be made. You lost your dad in a tragic way.
Speaker 1: Are you over it?
Speaker 2: No? But yeah you are still working? Yeah, because I had to.
Speaker 1: And Savannah Guthrie, you think she's done it in just a few months.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, No way.
Speaker 1: You lost your dad in a tragedy, your mom in a tragic way, well both of them, but yeah, yeah, and I guess that's true. Yeah, yeah, but your mom was in the hospital, like you expected everything to be good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were expecting everything, but expecting your to die so soon. I'll figure we had a little bit of time left. But yeah, yeah, still still dealing with that mentally, but yet still still at work. How long did it take for me to what I took that week off just for? And I think we made you funeral bus and stuff like that. Yeah, yeah, I probably would have been here. Just good for some people that keeps their mind off of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this ain't a charity case, so we have to do a job, and I'm not talking about you specifically.
Speaker 2: I'm saying like in an office environment, like yeah, we got to do a job here.
Speaker 1: We can't have you know e, or walking around are like, hey have you done that?
Speaker 2: No Ah, where's your GPS report? Sorry my mom? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, crying in a meeting because you know, we have to do the marketing plan for the Mother's Day event.
Speaker 2: Turn in your spreadsheets and it's all just tearstained.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to go go deal. Nah, embrace the feeling.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: Don't pack it down away.
Speaker 2: You know you're talking to right, Yeah, no, listen.
Speaker 1: If they're an Olympic sport for packing it down, not acknowledging your emotions, brother, you would be in the Hall of Fame high Sight Hindsight's twenty twenty if I could go back, because they're always like, take as much time as you need a month off of work as they never mean that, by the way, of course they don't they have to say that, of course they don't.
Speaker 2: But I'm taking full advantage of it. No, I have the boss call me out'd be like, hey, it's been about six weeks. I think you can come back anytime.
Speaker 3: Well, now he's back channel it rights are like, hey, Mildred, you're friends with Lindsay you talked to her a lot, right.
Speaker 1: What do you count there?
Speaker 4: She's been gone and two days.
Speaker 2: Thanks, cool story.
Speaker 4: I'm just thinking like if she needed all that medication and stuff and gone, she's.
Speaker 1: Ah, it's not our Listen. If you can get soecurity and do a bank account and do all this stuff, it's not impossible to think you have a medical accessibility.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, let's just cartel it, right. You think the cartel doesn't have infrastructure, right, right.
Speaker 2: They got doctors, they got crooked doctors that can get the medicine the needs to stay alive.
Speaker 1: Well, they're only crooked because they're connected to the cartel, but they're legitimate doctors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure. Right.
Speaker 1: It isn't like, hey you got shot, mister wolf, who do we get? I know a vet down the street which also works allegedly, let's go to Atwoods and get a shot. Right, But again, what's the reason to keep her alive if there's no communication? Right right there? You're not getting more money? Yeah, but also they may not be telling us.
Speaker 3: I think when this happened, when they get ransom notes and things like that, they don't typically acknowledge it because they don't want to encourage it. And they I would think they'd also be some sort of response if they knew who it was and if it was real, there would be some sort of.
Speaker 1: Dramatic response, right, not just like, well, we're not sure how long? Here's a question how long?
Speaker 3: Because you know, like when it first happened, they had the special phone number. People like hundreds of tips of people calling in, which is wild, right in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now somebody's got hundreds of tips.
Speaker 3: Anyway, they you know, all hands on deck, like the head of the FBI went there.
Speaker 1: Whatever, Right, what when how many days go by before they pull the field team?
Speaker 2: Right? How many days go by where they're like, we need to change that number.
Speaker 1: We got another problem.
Speaker 2: I think you spend at least thirty days on it.
Speaker 3: Well it's been more than that, but they're not. I don't think they have the full team there anymore. Right, And the question I'm having is, as the loved one, you go, whoa right you want?
Speaker 2: You want the full team on it until two cases we're done, right, get me a body or whatever. Yeah, but they got other jobs to do. There's other cases, there's.
Speaker 1: Other people missing, human trafficking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do they have do they have rules? Like they do they have a set time frame.
Speaker 3: Do you sign a contract to by the way, yeah, like you know, anything you have connected to you, you got to sign a contract. Nowadays you're in a stupid ass foam gun and you got to have a contract to bear your first child if you lose it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then do you go no, listen, we signed for thirty days.
Speaker 1: You said, you said, we didn't know there's gonna be a national emergency.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm taking you to Cork for breaching contracts.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't it be crazy if like Savannah herself was behind it.
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't think. No, I wouldn't think that's crazy at all. I think people are crazy.
Speaker 2: It's very well possible. I mean, you had the theory of the sister in the beginning there.
Speaker 4: Brother, the brother in law.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: A lot of people did though, because they were the last people to be with her.
Speaker 1: Isn't it funny too?
Speaker 3: That's a whole other angle of like you're just like, oh man, this is horrible, and you turn around and everybody's pointing at you, and you're like, what.
Speaker 2: You're like, no, why would I And then there's I'm not crazy. I'm not crazy.
Speaker 3: Everybody right, And then how do you decipher that you can't tell me. That doesn't get in the way of the relationship that he's with the sister. He has with the sister, you can't tell me at Christmas or at Thanksgiving, they sit across their turkey and cranberry sauce, and Savannah's like.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, son of a bitch killed my mama, I know you did. Or he's like, I did it.
Speaker 1: You know you didn't say you know? I kill you?
Speaker 2: Coming together?
Speaker 1: Now get me again? In or reverse on. Men don't make me mom you oh man, he's he won't put his trash cans away. I can take care of get I can take care of that.
Speaker 2: I know somebody. I can make your problem go away. Just like everything's just hyper.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Have you been I don't know what the guy's name is. You've been watching any shows?
Speaker 2: George? Yeah, Man, I watched this murder, you know, True crime, oil a Mama went missing? Man? Was it was good?
Speaker 3: You just dissect everything that's said, You're like, what do you mean he's he just admitted it all right, we got to take a break.
Speaker 2: We'll be back. Four of the Big Man Morning Show is Nes