Speaker 1: Five o five. I think about k r C the talk station Happy Monday.
Speaker 2: It was a.
Speaker 3: Damn hot, real hot?
Speaker 2: Were you born on the Sun's damn hot?
Speaker 1: If I had to place a wager on which sound by Joe would start to show it this morning, probably a lot of money wouldn't have been going on that one. Uh. Welcome to fifty five Caursy Morning Show. Brian Tima s right here, hope, but it had a wonderful weekend in spite of the heat, and the heat which continued. You think the world was coming to an absolute end. Oh maybe it is World War three breaking out, don't know.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Anyhow, coming up in the fifty five Carsy Morns Show, it is money Meaning at seven we hear from the former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Christopher Smith. Event for the Smith Event, and we'll enjoy learning together what's on his mind money money with Brian James today, how the Iranian attack will affect the market, oil prices, inflation, stocks, US dollar dollars and cats Let me together. The round's already threatened and voted to shut the Straightah horror moves down. They suggest that would increase oil price per barreled twenty dollars or twenty dollars sending oil north of one hundred, although they carry significant risk doing that. We can talk about some of that and the impacts of whether or not that will happen, and what might happen to the Iranian Navy in the event they try to do that. Keep FED rates right where they are, that's what the Fed's doing. And finally, new drop dead date for when so security runs out of money. Frightening prospect because it's sooner rather than later. This has been a problem that we have seen coming for years and years and years. And you know, Congress did anything, doesn't want to do anything. Third Reil politics can't not. Oh my god, I won't get voted back into office if I if I try to fix the thing. You know, say what you want about whatever needs to be done. The problem is obvious and it's looming large and getting closer talking about cutting the benefits. You look at your current so it's a security check and or what that sheet is which I just got mine recently, the sheet which tells you what you're going to get on a monthly basis depending on when you choose to retire. Reduce that by twenty five percent. Basically, that's looking to be what is going to happen in so far as SOS security is concerned. So twenty five percent less than what you're getting now or what they're telling you you're going to get when you do retire, and maybe even worse than that. So you got to do something, You got to act or not, as the case may be. Let's see what Jonathan Turley had to say. Because of course Donald Trump and Congressman Massi, you're going back and forth Congress of mass He does not believe that the strike was legal constitutional. He's made this statement out loud before the calling for a vote in Congress warpowers act. Whether or not that were to pass or not, Whether or not people are on Congress and Messy's side or not doesn't matter. Congress never acts and it likes to not have to act and let the president go ahead and go on his own. So really, whether or not Donald Trump's actions were constitutional or not, it just doesn't matter, and history is a guide on that. Jonathan Turley, he's a brilliant analyst legal analysis, writes for Fox News all the time. The Democrats in Washington talking again about impeachment's politician put it through, expressing outrage over President Donald Trump attacking Iran without prior authorization to Congress. For Costablanca, friends out there. One of my favorite movies of all time, Claude Raine's the police lieutenant there shocked. I'm shocked, shocked, that's gambling going on here and use that as a mechanism to close down the bar run by Humphrey Bogart's character. And then someone comes up to him your winnings, sir. So of course he knew there was gambling going on there. He was gambling himself. So that's the point that it' turley making, he says. The Claude Raines school of constitutional law, where politicians are shocked, shocked that Trump is using the authority that they accepted in democratic predecessors, and he puts out a whole litany of him. There's in multiple arguments about the constitutional role of Congress in connection with this bomb dropping. Nevertheless, Democratic members are now calling for impeachment, while others are declaring the attacks on unconstitutional sentimentorari. Leader Chuck Schumer particularly shocked that Trump took the action and is calling for a vote under the war powers Act Schumer and insisted that no president his words, should be allowed to unilaterally march this nation to something as consequential as war, with erratic threats and no strategy. That is a statement from House Minority Leader. Hawking efforts, well, I'm sorry. He issued a similar statement, probably verbadim analogous to the Schumer statement. I just quoted Shimmer, the same politician who was silent or supportive in earlier unilateral attacks by Democratic presidents. In twenty eleven, Obama approved a massive military campaign against Libya. Jonathan Turley said, I represented a bipartisan group of members of Congress challenging that action. We were unsuccessful, as were such prior challenges. He said, I've long criticized the abandonment of the clear language of the Constitution on the declaration of wars. Only eleven such declarations have been made in our history. That has not happened since World War Two in nineteen forty two. Over one hundred and twenty five military campaigns have spanned from Korea to Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq. It is not a rule honored solely in the breach. Democrats were supportive when Clinton launched Cruise missile attacks under Operation Infinite Reach on two continents. In August of nineteen, he ordered attacks on locations and Khartoon and sued on coast Province in Afghanistan. Warpowers Actor has always been controversial and largely ineffectual. Presidents have long asserted the inherent powers to conduct such attacks under their article to authority as the designated commander in chief of the armed Forces. The War Powers Act requires the President to inform Congress within forty eight hours in a written notice to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President pro time of the Senate of the action well when the action is widely reported in the press that moment it happens. It seems to be a bit of a formality, but President Trump reportedly did immediately notify Congress after the attack under the War Powers Act. Warpowers Act further bars the use of armed forces in such conflict for more than sixty days without congressional authorization for use of military force. That will be the authorization of use of military force that only this action has been Trump's action in bombing the Iranian nuclear facilities. He's relying on the nineteen ninety one that allowed US to well start bombing all kinds of targets in the Middle East post nine to eleven. That's what Congressman wentz Or, a former Congressman Winstrop was making the point of when he was on the program last week. That thing's still in effect, and Iran falls within the designated group of people supporting terrorism, So you can drop bombs on the various nuclear installations under the nineteen ninety one aum off. That's one argument anyway. Presidents have long maintained the right to deploy military assets unilaterally without congressional approval to address imminent threats, all the way back to President Thomas Jefferson, who did so when he went to war with the Barbary pirates at the start of the nineteenth century. Residents have also routinely ignored the War Powers Act when it limited their ability to conduct four military operations. Back in nineteen ninety nine, Bill Clinton ignored this sixty day deadline and continued to bomb forces in Kosovo. His actions were also challenged, but the court in Campbellvie, Clinton just shrugged off the violation and said it was a nonjudicical political question. In responding to the current demands, Trump could look at a curious ally. Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton pushed for unilateral attacks during the Obama administration. She dismissed the need to consult, let alone secure authorization from Congress. In March twenty eleven, Clinton testified that there was no need for such consultation and declared that the administration would ignore a sixty day limit on unauthorized military actions. Obama also defied the War Powers Resolution on Syria. He actually did ask for congressional authorization to take military action in that country in twenty thirteen, but Congress refused to approve it. He did it anyway, Congress expressly denying authorization for the introduction of the United States Armed Forces. Both Obama and Trump did precisely that Trump was wise to notify Congress. You notice that when you look back at history like this, and it's just such stark reality of what happened before, and the screaming and yelling and wailing and the national teeth about Trump doing exactly what his predecessors have done, setting the stage for this lucy goosey reality we have when it comes to war making. It's pretty amazing. And note that nothing happened there was no consequence for these prior uses of military force without congressional approval. People scream, people wailed, people gnash teeth. The actually passed resolution denying the authorization, and yet the presidents went ahead and did it anyway with no consequence. Fact to Turlie, Trump was wise to notify Congress and is currently in compliance with War Powers Act. However, what occurs after that is anybody's guess. The War Paras Act and the Authorization for Use of Military Force have been paper tigers for decades, and most in Congress wanted it that way. Politicians long ago abandoned the responsibilities to declare war. What remains has been little more than political theater, Amen, Jonathan. Even under the WPA, Trump would have sixty days to prosecute this war and another thirty days to draw down forces without congressional approval. The court in that case I mentioned before, Campbell versus Clinton, noted that even if Clinton violated the WPA by continuing operations after the sixty day period, he was technically in compliance by withdrawing forces before the end of the ninety day period. That's an additional thirty day drawdown period. Trump could likely prosecute this campaign in ninety days. Indeed, if he goes beyond the ninety days, we would likely be facing a potential global war with retaliatory strikes on both sides. In such an environment, very unlikely the Congress would withhold support for our ongoing operations in the meantime. Calls for impeachment are absurd given the prior actions of presidents using this very authority. Once again, some Democrats appear to be intent on applying a different set of rules for impeaching Trump than any of his predecessors. Trump can cite both history and case law and allowing presidents to take such actions. At most. The line over the War Powers is murky. The framers wanted impeachment to be based on bright line rules in establishing high crimes and misdemeanors. This is all part of the Claude Raine school of constitutional law. Members will once again express their shock and disgust that the use of the same military authority that they once accepted from prior presidents Trump has a great number of risks in this action from global military and economic consequences. The War Powers Act is not one of them. If history is any measure it, I mean, you know, you can argue Trump, and Trump's got his arguments. As Turtley illustrates, it doesn't answer the real, the constitutional question, which of course has been dodged. It's like the five d's of dodgeball when it comes to that. And I'm in full agreement with Massy or with Jonathan Turley's observation, this is exactly what congressional members want. They don't want any responsibility for dealing with what power has been delegated to them under the Constitution. We'll just play fast and loose with it. Hence the nineteen seventy three War Powers Act, which again has never been subjected to constitutional scrutiny, even though it delegates authorities specifically resting in the legislative branch to the executive branch. There you go five three, seven, four, nine, fifty, eight hundred and eighty two to three top pound, five fifty on AT and T phones. Much larger and bigger problems facing US. I think given the UH open borders that we have here, lots of people raising red flags about that. Sleeper cells, for example, are one critical problem we're facing right now five eighteen, Right now fifty five kr SE detalk station.
Speaker 5: Fifty five karc.
Speaker 1: Our h D five KRCD talk station at temperature jump it all over. I show up this morning seventy three, then it tells me it's seventy seven, and now it's say in seventy four, Todd if you check on your loved ones and make sure you go to fifty five kr sea dot com. Of course, Tech Fighter with Dave Hatter a particularly eye opening segment with Dave Hatter revealing that sixteen billion actual passwords have been hacked and some strong you know, encouragement case get a level of desperation and trying to help people to save them from themselves. Get a password manager. He did point out one that he uses creates really complex passwords that you couldn't possibly remember. He had like twelve fifteen thirty different sites you go to do every single one is supposed to have a different password for it because a lot of people use the same password for every single site that they have, creating a problem, especially if your password gets hacked. Hackers know that a lot of people use the same password, and then they'll jump around to all kinds of different websites, including your bank site, and liberate you from your assets. It'd be pretty easy to do if they have your password. So heed his advice and moving away from the bombing. And you know, I'll tell you what, say what you will about that bombing. Wildly of you is wildly successful. Not quite sure what Iran is going to do other than, you know, make good on their their threat to cut off the Straight of Horror Moves, which is described by the Wall Street Journal as a major gambit, so they might get away from it. Get away with it for a little while and look at the map when you see the Straight of Hormoves and realize that so much of the oil flows through that particular little narrow alleyway two miles, they said, they iron kid serve. We'll do some short term damage. Shipped patches through the strait is two miles at its narrowest and vulnerable to sea mines. Say Irankant harassed ships with its naval forces. They got those high speed patrol boats and as well drones and missiles that they could fire from on shore. But at least as far as the Journal's analysis, US has ample navy resources in the region that can clear the mines in pretty short order and of course eliminate the entire Iranian Navy if it tries to shut down the straight because they have little boats and we have big boats with giant guns. So oil futures are dropping around. But downplaying that threat just slightly, but just going back to a story that has unrelated to anything else, like that recent study. Thinking of Dave Hatter who talks about you know, artificial intelligence and chat GPT all the time, and I actually have tried it out and is pretty amazing. But it takes the need for you to exercise your brain power and does it for you. So MIT Media Lab did a study on exactly this, and it's pretty much I guess you could come up. You could know the conclusions of the study before even hearing them. Findings over there suggest that a long prolonged use of the language model could negatively impact an individual's critical thinking abilities, especially in young younger adults. Study involved dividing subjection into three groups, those using chat GPT, those using Google's search engine, which requires you to find the information and then you know, put it together, and then what they called a brain only group that relies solely on the individual's knowledge. Each participant's brain activity was monitored using EEG's electro and cephalobgraph feed results described as shocking. Subject to use chat GPT over a few months consistently demonstrated the lowest brain engagement and underperformed at neural linguistic behavioral levels. Say Initially, the chat GPT group utilized the LM also to ask structural questions for their essays, but by the end of the study they were more likely to simply copy and paste the generated content, in other words, not exercising one's individual You know, it rewrites. You know, when you scratch things out, you rewrite it. Well, chat GPT said this, and I don't like the way that's phrase using your own brain power to some degree, but they ended up just saying, nah, that's fine. The Google search engine group showed moderate brain engagement, while the brain only group exhibited the strongest most wide ranging neural networks, suggesting that rely on lllms like chat GPT can have detrimental effects on the user's cognitive function and over time. Shocking no one. I just think we're all getting just basically dumber because of the Internet. Generally speaking, you don't have to remember anything. It's always the answer is right there here. Let me look it up. What was the phrase? In that song that you were you're talking about with your wife and like, what was the name of that song? It's like I can't remember. Don't turn back into your your your files in your head. Just bough out the smartphone and get the answer, get the question answered right away, and move on with your life. The more we do that, the dumber we're all going to get. And this is just something that that study suggests. So there you go. Five twenty seven fifty five KRSIT Talk Station, Local stories coming up. Alternatively, phone calls are always welcome here in the morning show regardless. I'll be right back.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 3: Join the roads when they face them.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRSD Talk Station by one three seven hundred eight two three talk. It's time to hear from Tom. Tom. Hope you at a wonderful week and welcome back to the program, my friend.
Speaker 7: Oh man, it's gonna be sweltering in the Jays all. I can't stand this heat. I'm not a fan of the heat. I even grew up in South Florida and I can't stand it. Yeah, yeah, it's not it's no good. It's no good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, People complain about sub zero conditions the middle of winter.
Speaker 7: I hate it.
Speaker 1: I hate it, I hate it. And then you get the summertime. You get humidity coupled with north of ninety degree heat, and people hate it, hate it, hated. You can't win. Moving target here.
Speaker 7: Somewhere for about three and a half days in like April, it's really nice, and then you get it again in like October. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: Everybody is happy.
Speaker 7: For those like seven or eight days for the year. Otherwise somebody's bitching, no doubt about it. Your your study there is obvious. It's obvious. It's like, that's the Captain obvious study. You don't have to use a muscle or your brain cells. They're just gonna sit there and and they're gonna get weak and you're not you know, you're just not gonna use them and and uh, yeah, you're just gonna become more and more stupid pretty much. Uh and and and the problem with that is is that you revert to using your emotions more. You react to your emotions, and you don't think. Uh, you don't use critical thinking, you don't stop and wait, wait a minute, hold on, what's the consequence of this going to be if I do this and and uh, you basically you turn into a Democrat, which is it's no good for anybody. So and and I, I mean I that's kind of a crack and a sarcastic remark, but there's a lot of truth to that, because if you look at what did what a lot of the Democrats are screaming about and hollering about and getting all set about, it's all emotions. It's just it's there's no common sense rooted in in the and like the platform of the Democrat Party, at everything that they are, that they stand for, everything that they rail against it like you guys are being stupid, and and we just gotta we just got to stay the course with what we believe to be the right thing and keep putting people in there and electing people who are gonna use some common sense. We got, we got everybody sallible. Everybody's gonna make mistakes. I'm not I'm not happy with Obviously, we've talked about this a nauseum about what all the Republicans are doing. They make they make plenty of mistakes, but you know, if you add it up all together, there's no way it's gonna be okay for Democrats to be in charge because they have no common sense to their to their side, they everything that they're for is goes completely against what what those of us who use our brains, you know, understand is reality.
Speaker 1: So what I guess amid all this, I mean, I'm hearing some very coherent statements. Specifically, they do tend to rant and scream a name, call a lot, and their policy, the Democrat plat presently as it currently exists, seems to be just simply saying no to anything Donald Trump or the Republicans proposed. That's without any analysis as to the value of any given proposal or articulating specific reasons why it's bad. It's just a scream, Oh my god, you know you're taking away medicaidive people are going to starve and die. Well, if that's not no, that's not true. I mean, give it a thoughtful analysis. And also, while you're screaming about the efforts of the Republicans to try to save the program and get able bodied adults off of a program that wasn't created for their benefit of the first place, explain to us the Democrat proposal to save it, like social Security. Just screaming and ranting about Social Security and you can't touch it is gotten as closer to the day when they're not going to have enough money coming in to pay for the program, it's rapidly approaching. Have you got an explanation of how you're going to fix it? Do you have a platform?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: What you hear is just screaming and wailing and gnashing of tea with nothing to run on. And that's okay. If they have nothing to run on, that's okay with me because that means people won't vote for them.
Speaker 7: But let's ho so. But unfortunately they are. They are pandering to just the you know, the side of our voters that all they care about is their emotions. That's all that matters to them. And we've got to reach those people too. You got people that you know who who vote Democrat just blindly anti Trump everything and and oh no change, no dictators. I mean, you got to find a way to reach these people and somehow or other get them to understand, don't vote Democrats.
Speaker 1: Have a great day, Ryan, Thanks tomm you do the same five point thirty five Jay, hang on, get you next as soon as we come back from my mention of Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning. Zimmer Heating and Cooling, turn to the experts for all things related heating and cooling systems. They even have been Cincinnati area homes be safe, efficient and comfortable. Coming up on eighty years and congratulations third generation Chris and at the Helm right now taking a great customer service. You can count on them. The price is always right. And speaking of price, what a terrible time for your system to go conking out the middle of this heat and humidity. It's time for the folks that invented air conditioning carrier and we go with Chris Zimmer and the team at Zimmer Heating and Cooling. You get a new carrier comfort system and a savings of fifteen hundred and fifty dollars. So take the sting having to place to the system. I know it sucks part of home ownership, but you certainly will be very comfortable with this new carrier comfort system. Give Chris Zimmer a call to schedule appointment. It's five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five to one ninety eight ninety three. Schedule appointment online. Learn more about the company and the services they offer right there at go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: I'm at Evan CE five forty on a Monday, and a happy one to you. Christopher Smith min at seventy twenty for the smither vent Money Monday with Brian James, a Hi five and phone calls anytime you want to call in Yeah on those two segments five eight hundred eighty two to three Talk Jay, thanks for holding over the break.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, Hey, Thanks Brian. Hey.
Speaker 4: Wanted to build on your comments about artificial intelligence. I recently had a client who asked me to create a resume. First time. I had to dust that thing off and I don't know how long. So I really hated the idea of doing it. So I got on one of these sites that helped you put together your CV, and of course it had artificial intelligence help. So I laid out, I did the best I could, fed it into this thing and it was when I first read it I was blown away because under my work history, let's say I would have three bullet points for each place that I worked. It turned it into five and it was like an A plus plus until I looked a little bit harder at it. About the second third time I went through it, I realized of the five bullets, the first two looked like a professional writer was awesome, took what I wrote and made it like ten times better. The third one wasn't really any better than what I wrote, And the last two looked like Kamala Harris wrote it. It was just pure word salad is just yeah, well, just regurgitated and repackaged what was the first three bullets. So I would tell young people out there, don't rely or anybody out here, don't rely on that thing. To just do it one percent, because I don't think you're going to.
Speaker 7: Get away with it.
Speaker 4: If I was reading that resume, I would have picked up on it that the last two bullets under the work history were just garbage and just taking up space, which doesn't really reflect well. No, at least in my experience, it wasn't as good as what is cracked up.
Speaker 1: To be well, any of the other the funny component of funny sad pathetic at the same time. You know, modern businesses, larger businesses I've been led to leave using artificial intelligence to review the resumes, to weed through, you know, the weed from the chaff. You know, no, this person's education background is not sufficient for what we're looking for, et cetera, et cetera. So it takes away that the need for an individual to actually go through a huge stack of resumes, most of which are lurking online and employment websites for someone to find. So in order to find the people who might be eligible, they use artificial intelligence. So it's AI looking at AI. Oh my god, garbage in, garbage out jays. Basically what this is coming down to.
Speaker 3: And don't vote Democrats.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're double it down. Good to hear from you, man. You can feel free to call it to In the meantime, even though the world's falling apart around us, we still have a stack. Is stupid, because I'm not going to let the problems of the world stand in the way of the lighter part of the five o'clock hour. So let's start in Florida. Got a woman recently arrested after several syringes and a fentanyl were found quote inside her person quote thirty four year old Jessicarina. That person stands accused of myriad crimes, including smuggling and controlled substance possession of fentanyl corner to the Flagler County Sheriff's Office records started out June fifteen, pulled over for a mismatched license plate allegedly assigned to a Ford car, but a fixed to her Chevy pickup driver's side seat belt also is dangling near the door. Accord to the charging affidavit. Deputy wrote that such seat belt is consistent with the driver not properly wearing their seat belt, and a traffic stop ensued, but the deputy said Renos seemed to be taking her time quote upon her activating my emergency lights and sirens, the vehicle tapped its breaks several times, but it continued to proceed without stopping for approximately thirty seconds, despite having several safe lit areas to pull over. While making contact with the driver, she stated that she was on the phone and was talking to her daughter, which is why she didn't immediately pull over. I then inquired if the female was the registered owner of the vehicle, and she said yes. While attempting to get the operator's driver's license, she stated that she does not have a license and has an upcoming court date regarding her driver's license suspension. The traffic stop apparently confirmed the license plate was on the wrong vehicle. Reno was driving with a lapsed registration and without insurance. When asked about her seatbelt, she alleged apologized for being in a rush. Following her Miranda rights, she allegedly admitted that she was aware of her suspended license and had an upcoming court date previously being caught driving. She also said that she had her friend's license plate after her own license plate, in her words, blew off her truck. Then came the drug component.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 1: Upon placing Jessica underarrest with the above noted criminal charges of female debuty was requested to perform a search incident to arrest. During that time time, it was explained to Jessica that if she had any other contraband on or inside her person, she'd face additional criminal charges if it was located at the inmate facility. She said she did not, then booked in the local jail that's where the drugs were found. According to the affidavit, the booking decty detective's discovered a black sock tucked into the area of Jessica's huh my words, not the one the affidavid. Within the black sock that he's located six capped syringes in a bag of white, powdery substance. While inquiring about the substance, she said it it was fentanyl. Utilized the mobile to detect fentanyl field test kick. The substance weighed proximately three grams total package weight two grams if fentanyl inside the package. Booked into the inmate facility, she initially stated that she forgot the items were in her person. However, she later stated that she was afraid to say it because you did not want to get sick. I suppose that would mean as a consequence of fentanyl withdrawal, ultimately booked in a multiple drug and driving related accounts, posted eleven thousand, five hundred dollars beyond and got out five forty six and seven fifty five care see de talk station. Get rid of the pain. Maybe I would recommend if you're dealing with hip pain, knee pain, joint pain, that arthritic pain. You've talked to your doctor. You've had enough steroid injections to satisfy you. I mean, you're done, You're over it. It don't last, and you got the surgery to being discussed. Why not take QC kinetics up on its free consultation and find out if these are these these treatment protocols are right for you. They may very well be. That's why there's a free consultation. They explain their regenerative treatments which takes your own bodies healing power and helps heal and restore your damaged tissue. Well respected protocols include potent and powerful cellular level treatments. They've helped tens of thousands of people, many here right here in the Cincinnati area. So no masking the pain. They're going after the very sore it. So find out if you're a good candidate with the free consultation. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine fifty five the talk station. Hey, if you're listening to me, five fifty one if you have KERR CV talk station, back to the stacktor stupid going to Iowa for this one. Not a lot of stupid coming out of Iowa.
Speaker 3: Iowa.
Speaker 1: Woman recently arrested for falsely reporting than the man she was supposed to go on a date with to the police because and she, in her words, got cold feet and didn't know how to tell him. Eighteen year old sam Maya Thomas no relation, supposed to go on a romantic date with a man she met through online dating app. When the date showed up on her doorstep, the young woman reportedly got cold feet and decided you didn't want anything to do with them with the date. So instead of simply ignoring him, making up some sort of excuse to cancel the date, or flat out telling the guy she didn't want to go out with him, she called nine to one one, made ridiculous story about the man banging on her door being in an abusive X with whom she was seven months pregnant, and asking police to have him removed. North Liberty woman told nine to one one that the man on her porch was threatening to hit, punch, kick, and stab her. Police dispatch a car to the location. Officers showed up to her house, didn't find an angry assailant, but a calm looking man leaving her property, and police stopped the man and asked him about his relationship with the eighteen year old woman. He said they just met a week prior to a dating Appum, we're supposed to go on a date that night. Conversation showed he was being honest and he really did just meet this female. But the man's led victim insisted that they'd known each other for two years and that she even was pregnant with his baby. She claimed that he'd been abusive through the relationship and shown up on her doorstep threatening to cause her physical harm. Police let her discovered that she had deleted some of her texts with her date to cover her tracks. Then, after repeating questioning, she admitted that she made the whole story up and that he was indeed a man that she recently met online idiots doing idiot things because that idio is yes, indeed, let us see here. Police dash cam video captured police officers struggling with a convicted jewel thief in an attempt to keep the man from swallowing stolen Tiffany diamonds worth more than three quarters of a million dollars. What Florida Highway Patrol video camera recorded this apprehension of Jathan Gilder, who was thirty two on I ten Guilder driving a rented Mitsubishi, was pulled over by troopers who had received the be on the Lookout alert from the Orlando Police investigating the robbery earlier that day at Tiffany in Company. His rap sheet includes a litany of jewelry robbery is suspected opposing as a representative of an NBA player interested in purchasing diamonds. After being shown in a private room, the man grabbed two sets of diamond earrings worth six hundred and nine thousand, five hundred dollars and one hundred and sixty thousand dollars respectively.
Speaker 8: Geez Louise.
Speaker 1: Anyway. After being pulled from his vehicle on handcuff, Gilder was being walked to a squad carmen. A trooper noticed that the detainee was talking with a closed mouth and was moving an object around using his tongue tongue phrasing mm hmm, as seen in the arrest video, which was released. Troopers repeatedly ordered him to open his mouth and spit out what was inside. You're gonna get tazed, one trooper warn another declaring he swallowed something phrasing as troopers grabbed his throat and jaw, Gilder, through gritted teeth, replied, I don't have to. When he was told to open his mouth, police initially thought he may have been swallowing illegal narcotics, notre than he was I had white matter on his lip. Gilder's was a rev which is described as a cold sore cream. Field test did not detect any illegal substances. When a search of guilders vehicle turned up tifty and company price tags and ear ring cards from the stolen jewelry, the trooper concluded he probably did swallow the ear rings. One of us scator wondered whether the diamonds would perforate something internally, resulting having to result in surgery, taking a local hospital, where refused treatment evaluation while stating the items he did not want his stomach to be X rayed. Subsequently hospitalized under guard. Guilder first refused to take any laxatives, claimed to be a practicing Muslim who would only eat after sundown and before sunrise due to it being the holiday of Ramadan. After two weeks, he passed the gems items cleaned by Tiffany Mastered jeweler, and eventually turned over to a company's security manager. Accord to the Policers Board, they said, the diamonds are presumably back on the market. When if you have to issue a warning to someone about that prior notice this fair disclosure. I'm with you, Joe. You pay six hundred and nine thousand dollars for a pair of earrings. You hope it hasn't been down that path. Oh yeah, pulp fiction with Christopher walking in the watch good good recollection. Joe, don't go away. Got plenty to talk about and a warning that'll start keeping your eyes peeled. Folks, gonna get really dicey out there. I'll be right back.
Speaker 5: Co Hus happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour.
Speaker 3: Not gonna be complicated. It's gonna go very fast.
Speaker 9: Fifty five krs the talk station, just at the top of the hour, check in. Oh god, we'll tell you every day you need to know. Fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: The shot at six or six, I think about RCV talk station. You try to have Pappy Monday. Didn't get any local stories this morning, but like six articles, all of which involved shootings, and Gesture just sported me he had another one another shooting. I guess this morning, hospitalizing two women. But it's safe to go downtown, right, Joe? Now what after Parvall said, don't worry about it five one three seven fifty hundred eight two three talk. And that's just the random acts of violence from crazy people on the street waving guns around and just randomly shooting people for a particular particular reason apparently, But what if there was a particular reason they heard? The State departments issued a global travel war in the United States. This in the aftermath, of course, our bombing of the various nuclear sites in Iran. Ron doesn't really have any air craft left to defended space. Those are going to be ongoing. Those strikes, of course, most notably launched by the Israelis, but we we did an assist on the bunker busters, and of course iron Is vowed retaliation in the form of maybe closing the Strait of horror moves and maybe just apparently announcing a global ghot against the United States and its interest. So you got to worry if you're traveling, most notably and particularly hotbed areas, ones that probably would come to your mind immediately. But now we have the the concern over domestic problems here, major US cities on high alert after aristracts from Ronnie nuclear facilities. We've got New York issuing and a lot of cities issuing virtually identical warnings. It's because the Department of Homeland Security has suggested that we may be in for a real world to hurt thanks to the Joe Biden open border situation. Who in the hell came in our country? And who are the two million gataways? Tom Holman going on a tear on that the other day. Anyway, New York issued this following statement, which mirror is the ones that were issued in other major cities, including Los Angeles and Miami. We're tracking the situation, unfolding it around out of an abundance of caution. We're deploying additional resources too, religious cultural and diplomatic sites across New York City, and our coordinating with our federal partners, will continue to monitor for any potential impact in New York City. Again, comparable announcements from you know, mayor bass out in Los Angeles and Miami. Dade Police Department also says they're actively monitoring the situation, increasing patrols throughout the county. But note you have limited resources. We always have limited law enforcement resources. So if they focus their attention of religious, culture and diplomatic sites, what about that power station that's down the street in near neighborhood. What about American military bases? Now, you may recall the and coup that the Ukrainians were able to pull off, setting up and launching drones from within the interior of Russia, much to the surprise of the Russian military. You may not also note that Israel was able to load up some cell phones and some walkie talkies with explosives and blowing up a bunch of It's a terrorist over. I believe that was Amas. Get my organizations a little confused these days. Of course, the military strike itself that Israel launched, a lot of which came from within the interior of Iran, much to the surprise of the Iranians. But what about the United States. There's an interesting article and I'll give credit to the Epic Epoch depending on how you like to pronounce it, Epoch dot com, Good Place, Epoch Times dot com, Epic Andrew Thornberg doing the analysis on this one, pointing out US military now prioritizing the protection of its bases here in the United States from drone attacks, noting the ones that I mentioned before, these attacks from the interior of the country, which came out of complete nowhere for the least of the local officials. US military leaders increasingly concerns that similar attacks, which leverage low cost commercial drones against ex expensive weapons systems, could pose a lasting threat to bases in critical infrastructure throughout our entire country. And think of all the critical infrastructure I mentioned the power station plant down the street. A commercial drone, you know, hooked up with some sort of explosive device, fly it right on in there and blow it up, be in and out and no time, wouldn't it. We got a lot of crazies out there in the streets. US military leaders concerned about similar attacks, they point out how to defend them is very complicated. First off, all the states have different rules regarding the use of drones. And then if you look at overseas military installments that they're allowed to identify with with drones approaching the base before any potential harm can occur, military lacks that authority here in the United States unless the drones directly enter a facility's airspace. But even then, they point out, the options are limited. Use of kinetic symptoms that would simply shoot down a drone are out of the question. American soil corn to military personnel. One, they're not cost effective. Two running the risk of injuring civilians and damaging property when the debris falls of the ground, which no one cares about. In foreign military basis, lack of counter drone systems also a problem that are customized to deal with emergent threat. It's the basis here in the United States. Again without endangering civilians, they say, Well, the military and federal government do have electromagnetic weapons that can knock out drones by interfering with the electrical and navigational systems. They're typically poorly suited to environment rich in aerial traffic because they affect all electronic systems within a given area. So here comes a drone, you aim your electronic jamming device at it, and you bring down a commercial airliner, for example, to such issue as laid bare March first, with more than a dozen flights on final approach to the Wagan National Airport outside Washington received false collision warnings, prompting at least six flights to abort their landings. FAA later stated that a false positive is caused by government testing of counter drone technology near the airport. He writes, because of that weakness in the system. The Army is now exploring the use of directed energy weapons and its counter drone operations, including variants of weapons using lasers, microwaves, particle and sound beams, all in development, but also presenting some challenges because of how much energy they use.
Speaker 3: According to the.
Speaker 1: Congressional Research Service, Pentagon's newest counter drone weapons would draw one hundred kilowatts of power to fire a laser in a counter drone capacit, which is described as more than the average household uses in three days and doesn't include the additional power requirements for cooling. The significant amount of heat generated by those weapons, making defending military installations on US soil from drone attacks an infrastructure problem as well as a defense problem. Secretary of the Army Daniel Driscoll spoke about that at a hearing recently, said the directed energy requirements for defending US bases and supply chains from future drone attacks simply can't be met with today's power systems. Like to throw in a mens interject my own personal mention on uh AH, solar panels and windmills can't provide the necessary power to make these things work, Driscoll said, for a lot of the tools that are coming out direct energy. For example, they have incredible energy requirements. He said, You're going to have to have spikes of energy come through the lines that are just not set up. Current technology not sufficient for it. It's a grid problem, folks. Key to solving the nation's direct energy issues is the creation of nuclear microreactors, small modular nuclear reactors that would generate power for an individual base and its weapon. The answer to all of our problems, the elusive answer in front of us, says Driscoll. Push toward nuclear power matches and executive vorder signed by Trump last month directing the Army to deploy nuclear reactor at a US base by twenty twenty eight. Accord to the Order of vanced nuclear reactors include small modular reactors, microreactors, and stationary mobile reactors that have the potential to deliver resilient, secure and reliable power to critical defense facilities and other mission capable resources. Well, you know, if you really need it to defend a military base, maybe you're going to get it. But us out here in the general population, we're not allowed to have them. For reasons unknown. Driscoll pointed out the drone sidings over US military installations have been increasing, and the defending the nations munitions and other supplies also going to require rethinking how they store their material. So if you look at the abilities cheap drones that contest logistical lines, we know that we have got to spread out our preposition stocks. In other words, you can't line up the airplanes at the military base. It makes them too easy to just hit them with drones. How do you protect them? He said, It's no longer going to be sufficient to have big warehouses with a lot of American equipment sitting as a target. Right They've tried to drone proof or facilities because cheap commercial drones are so readily available, by creating specialized enclosures. They cite Seymour Johnson Air Force Base in North Carolina. They're investigating the feasibility of erecting physical barriers to protect the F fifteen E fighter aircraft station there from being attacked by small drones. Well, you know, it's one of those things that they're working on it. But the threat is right now. Going back to the warnings about US terror sleeper cells, the United States officials sounding the alarm regarding the threat of terror backed sleeper cells in our country. This after the drone or after the B two bomber attack, Department Homeland Security released a new memos sounding the alarm to a heightened threat environment environment in the United States from the National Terrorism Advisory System. Didn't sit any specific threats, but well, the Iranians have threatened retaliation, and we know by everybody's agreement, the border crisis under the Biden administration exacerbated the threat of terror cells in the United States. And while maybe they might be activated now, Bolton says the likelihood of violent extremists in the homeland independently mobilizing to violent response to the conflict with likely increase if the Iranian leadership issued a religious ruling calling for a retaliatory violence against targets in the homeland. I'm not quite sure they haven't done that already, Department of Homeland Security said in the statement. It's our duty to keep the nation safe and informed, especially during times of conflict. The ongoing Israel Iron conflict brings the possibility of increased threat to the homeland and the form of possible cyber attacks, acts of violence, and anti Semitic hate crimes. Now in the background of that, you got all these nngos non governmental organizations funded by maybe some of your tax dollars, but at least far left wing nut cases who hate the United States and are organizing a protest basically regarding anything they can come up with an idea to protest over. Now we've got the strikes on Iran, which people have already gone out on the streets and started a protest, coupled out with crazy terrorist cells that may very well be out there. He got a recipe for chaos, and there's a number of illustrations of basically how this has already happened. He got a terrorist that he was arrested and Antifaugh terrorists arrested for tremping to blow up a freeway. He built an IED. Fortunately they were able to find it after engaged in some unruly, unlawful activity throwing cones at cars and boards with nails in him, which drew police attention to this guy, and that's when they found the IED. That just happened last week. And over the United Kingdom, he had a leftist action group, Palestinian Action that's the name of it, engaging in a campaign of violent sabotage of Israeli links, supply chain since the October seventh attack, they claimed responsibility for a strike against UK United Kingdom's Royal Air Force. Two activists were able to infiltrate RAF Breeze Norton, which is the base, causing damage with paint filled fire extinguishers and crowbars, waving a Elset Indian flag before getting out of the area without being caught. The area described as a legally protected place in British law heavily guarded, which of course leaves serious questions about the state of its defense. Giving two activists on east scooters were able to cause damage undetected, got in, did the damage and zipped out on their East scooters at a military base. Started already this frightening stuff, folks. And then there's that grid infrastructure that's so exposed, and there aren't enough law enforcement in the world to cover all the potential risks that we face. Five three seven, eight hundred eight two to three talk fifty on AT and T phones. Really happy topic this morning, huh, feel free to call maybe you got a comment on that. But also you want to call a chimney care fireplace in stove if you have a chimney, regardless of whether you have a gas fireplace or wood burner haven't inspected, so you might to avoid the problem that you may face with water damage. Water damage could be happening right now and you may not even know about it. That's why the Chimneycare Fireplace is still will come out to your place four free and do that evaluation and inspection. They've got the skill sets to fix any problem that they find it. And that's of course a good thing for you because that water damage could be really costly. But if you have a woodburner, take advantage of what's going on now, the woodburning sweep and evaluation, video camera inspection of your entire chimney, plus a certified chimney sweep, you'll be good to go and ready to launch. I know you're not thinking about a fire right now, which is why it's the ideal time to have this taken care of. So it's just one hundred and sixty nine dollars and ninety nine cents plus tax for the woodburning sweep and evaluation for both either or two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred eight plus with a better business mayor locally own and operated since nineteen eighty eight finalm online and book the appointment there and learn more. Chimneycareco dot com, fifty five KRC dot com Our Hyard Radio Music Fast sext twenty four of the Long Wind in the last second, So New Hampshire, Gary, just hold, would you mind? I promise to take your call first out of the gate anyway? Former FBI Assistant Director Chris Wicker on the same issue. Because of the open borders, we are at a serious catch up phase. We don't know where those thousands of Iranians are, and they know specifically that a bunch of Iranians were let into the interior of our country. He said it. Who knows how many of the others got across the border. We missed an opportunity when they caught and released those thousands. We missed the opportunity to gather intel by interviewing them and thoroughly vetting them. We just simply let them go, which is gross negligence on the part of the Biden administration, they say. Reportedly, over twelve hundred Ranian nationals reportedly entered the United States during Joe Biden's time in office. White House Border z Our Tom Homan speaking with Sunday Morning Futures. Maria Bartoroma over the weekend said the challenge the United States had, I'm sorry, the federal four nationals flowing into the US raises concerns regarding the possible domestic sleeper cells driven by foreign terrorist organizations. That's and you know, this isn't something we talked about this while it was going on. And it really takes one conflict to set these crazies off. Six twenty five to five k s Detalk Station Gary, You're first when we return first. Maybe a place we need we all need more and more. Gay to Heaven Cemetery. It's a place for relaxing, contemplation, prayer, a place to remember life, a sacred space with the dignity of every person is respecting and life is honored from beginning to end. That's the mission over it, Okay, Gate of Heaven, Catholic Cemetery. Every person is sacred at every stage of life. It's more than a burial place. It's a sanctuary. Place is set apart for prayer, healing and honoring the legacy of life. So consider that during these troubled times, a peaceful and beautiful, absolutely beautiful environment to learn more about the cemetery, just go to Gateohaven dot org. That's Gay of Heaven dot org. I've KRC the talk.
Speaker 3: Station turned out be your radio.
Speaker 1: Channel's first one weather forecast. Hot Yeah sunny Heat advisor in effect ninety four real degrees feeling more like one hundred and one hundred and five with the index mostly clear of a nineteen seventy four. They're hot and even day I said it. Afternoon storms are possible tomorrow ninety four for the high no heat in next mentioned, but I'm sure there is one cloud overnight Claudi over night dry those seventy two in a high of ninety three et X index near one hundred and five for Wednesday with a chance of pop up storms as well, seventy three.
Speaker 3: Time for traffic. You see how Traffic Center.
Speaker 10: You see how you'll find comprehensive care that's so personal and makes your best tomorrow possible. That's fountless care for better outcomes. Expect more at ucehelp dot com. Crews are working with the wreck on one twenty eight that's above Smith Road outside of Ross traffic elsewhere do we okay? No major time toilings to deal with on the highways as yet northbound seventy five underd ten minutes between Florence and downtown chat King Vermont fifty five s DE talk station.
Speaker 1: Six point thirty. I fIF you have Garric De talk station Christopher Smithvan come out at seven twenty with the smither vent that further Ado. I promise you'd be right out of the gate, New Hampshire, Gary. Thanks for holding over the break and welcome back to the morning show.
Speaker 11: Another goo on Brian as an ex military, I could tell you I was aviation, but I was in one sixtieth and everything on a flight line is lined up up and down in nice little ducks in a row, you know, Yeah, I mean everything's laid out and open. So yeah, I know that exists. There's many ways to combat that, putting out decoys. You could put out gates and fencing to prevent first person drones and stuff like that. My mind races when I think of cells and terrace cells, and like, for example, the chuch and rebels back in the nineteen nineties, what they did to Russia just take over a school and then burn it up. They killed six hundred children over in Russia like that the terrorists did. Yeah, and then I seem to remember they took also took over a theater, and I think that killed over two hundred, although that might have been negligence from the nerve gas that you use trying to get the people out, you know. But still, while you've got people over here, you're going to attack over here. Soft targets are everywhere.
Speaker 1: Everywhere they are, and you know, everywhere one of the things that was cited. In addition to power infrastructure the grid, you also have places where people gather together, you know, like concerts and festivals, and I don't know anti Trump protests. I mean, there are always masses of people around anywhere. How can you possibly protect against all targets? Everything is a target, as you illustrate, Gary.
Speaker 11: Absolutely good luck taking your kids to the Macy Thanksgiving parade. And actually I'm not saying but there's rumors right now all.
Speaker 7: Over the rumor mill that.
Speaker 11: The fourth of July would be a good hit back date. You know, who knows they're on their time schedule, not yours. So terrorism is a hard thing to really deal with, especially now with all the new electronics exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, it wasn't that long ago the idea of having a drone readily available was outside of the financial reach of the vast majority of the population, or was exclusively the purview of the military or police. Go ahead and pull it up on Amazon by a drone and crazies out there, Yes, can do that. And if they aren't getting them online, you know, just on commercial level, they can get them from their crazy terrorist sponsor nations.
Speaker 11: I got one better for you.
Speaker 7: I got one better for you. I was listening to the Enforcer on X and they go deep into psyops on that and one of the things they found out with the operation going on with the drones inside Iraq, they were manufactured by the Massad who hired Iraqi engineers who thought they were working for their own government. Oh wow, and this was started a year ago. So don't think that you know, these guys have had time to work on this, and you know it could be an operation nobody even knows about you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, I know, Gary that the realities of what could be and what might possibly be are frightening as hell. Yet four years of open borders under the Biden administration and that's ample opportunity for selles to coordinate, prepare, and be ready for the Green light to launch an attack. I hope to God it doesn't happen. But if you know, the Israelis worked a couple years on getting all the things set up for the most recent operation, getting the materials into Iran, for example. I know the Ukrainians worked for what was reportedly a year and a half or two years ahead of time before they launched their strike from within the Russian territory. But there's been a lot of time for all these organizations with the massive humanity that came into the United States with the open borders, ten to twenty million, coupled with two million known godaways, all of whom could be sinister in motivation. Appreciate your service to.
Speaker 11: Our country, Gary, okay, Boddy, take care.
Speaker 1: You too, man, which you know I'm thinking about boy Scott motto, be prepared. Got a story to talk about what you can assist in being the eyes and ears against something like this happening just recently happened in Michigan the other day. We talk about that in a minting. But yes, real quickly in terms of shootings, two people in the hospital after a brawl. It took place this morning about three o'clock in the morning at seventh in Walnut, twenty nine year old woman shot in the thigh and hit with a shrapnel. According to you Since at please starting Philbacina speaking with Fox Nineteen other women also injured. She was kicked in the head during the fight. No information on the identity of the shooter. Incident remains under investigation. Got a man hospitalized getting shot yesterday Downtown Officers were called the Central Parkway Kroger at five point thirty in the morning. The man got shot in the leg at Third and Walnut. What's with Walnut Street? He then ran up Central Parkway and collapsed there by the Kroger. No suspect at this time. Investigation ongoing. I guess there's a stack of shootings out there. I hope it's not going to get worse. I know the weather's going in the wrong direction for that. Odor Exit od O r XIT. That's the website Odor Exit noeotor exit dot com products get rid of the smells you name a smell, even unk smell. I'd love to emphasize that one because that's one of the nastier ones to get rid of. But it works on that smoke, mold, mildew, human oders, pet odors, food oders, odors, odors, odors, one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee, use the products as directed on whichever oder you're trying to attack, and if it doesn't work, they give me your money back. Otero Eggs have been around for more than twenty five years, made right here in the Greater Cincinnati area. They products work. I've used them many times myself. So go to the website, buy it right there. They'll ship it immediately. You should me very well even arrive tomorrow. No guarantee, but very quickly shipped. Or buy it locally using the search engine that's available on the website. Again, odor exit dot com.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KARC and iHeartRadio station at six.
Speaker 1: Forty here fifty five car CD doog station and Happy Monday. Yeah, a lot of concerns about drones. Talk about that this morning. They're worried about American military bases given the realities of the Chinese Communist Party members and other potential paper cells from evil nations that want to do us harm. Being around military basis difficult to protect military basis from the short drone strike. I mean you're only a couple hundred yards away. You get a drone in virtually no time, the limited ability of us to shoot them down, given civilian areas around that could deal with the shrapnel and other problems that are raised, as I mentioned in that one article from Epic Times. But now again you've got just crazy individuals, maybe with a political motivation, maybe with a fundamentalist motivation, maybe just batcrap, insane and off their medications, which is maybe a scenario we had unfolding Wayne, Michigan Sunday morning. Suspect open fire on the congregation in the middle of the service. But there's a positive lesson to be learned from this one. The Wayne Police Department showed up to the active shooter at cross Point Church. Upon arrival, officers determined that a security guard for the church had shot and killed the suspect. One victim to get shot in the leg Gumman, described as a thirty one year old white guy from Romulus. Motivations unknown, but they say it appears he was suffering from a mental health crisis, one of many reasons someone might want to open fire on an innocent group of a congregation gathering for worship. Police officer Chief Ryan Strong said, you know, our interactions with him in the past were quite limited, nothing of note, he said, So this was not someone who was on anybody's radar. Showed up wearing tactical gear. There's video of the congregation ducking and moving to the back of the church and things of that nature. Strong said one staff member got shot in the leg by the suspect. Happened just quarter in noon local time. Outlets said. The armed suspect on his way to the Christian church when a p person outside the church tried to stop him using a truck. Accorded Chief Strong, several staff members from the church approached the government. A parrishioner struck the gunman with his vehicle as the gunman shot the vehicle repeatedly. At least two staff members shot the gunmen with what were fatal wounds. They were armed staff there. Chief Strong said he believed the gunman was intending to commit a mass shooting based on the prelminary investigation. They don't think he had any affiliation with the church either. Doesn't really quite matter though, does it. In the wake of the shooting, Paul County, Florida Sheriff Grady Judd urged those going to places of worship to be cautious and alert for suspicious activity, mirroring the notices that went out by the various mayors of the cities of New York and Miami and Los Angeles, be alert. We have this bombing that just recently went on. The Iranians are bat crap crazy and a lot of fundamentalists among them that would love to do you harm just in the name of I don't know, are striking their military base, are stopping or at least hoping. I'm waiting for the outcome on that one. It's still some big question marks floating around about how damn much damage there was done to that Fordham nuclear facility it got hit. Some are suggesting really severe damage, although not definitively so. But I'm hoping we set back their nuclear program into the Stone Age. Regardless of whether you believe it was appropriate constitutional for a president of unilaterally launched that, I think the results we can say are good, at least in so far as keeping around from getting a bomb. Remember, Iran funds the crazies in the world, and there are a lot of copycat crazies out in the world, people who hate the United States. We've seen a lot of that of late, haven't we from Antifa to BLM to the protests have been taking place recently, just absolute outright anti Semitism being expressed in the streets now, protests related to just Trump generally the no King's protest. It's Trump, it must be bad. A lot of organizations out there funding those protests, getting them all organized, and even paying some of the protesters. It's been widely reported that that is in fact going on here. Look, we got another opportunity to get a bunch of people together to protest Donald Trump for his actions against the Iranians. Let's take to the streets. Let's get out there and protest the deportation of criminal illegal immigrants. There's a group stir the pot. But at least you look at Wayne Michigan in the church. They had a active shooter protocol. They were prepared, and they neutralized the threat with no loss of parishion or life. The only loss of life was the guy who was going to try to come in and kill them. That's my going back to the boy Scout model. Be prepared, you can actually have an impact regardless of the motivation of the crazy person. And I'm gonna lump anybod who would actually try to go after someone, whether it's a political motivation or they're just off their meds, they're crazy and the world's filled with them. Six forty six I five k SE Detalk station. Feel free to call five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk go with ton five fifty on your AT and T phones and get into foreign exchange. Get your car fixed for less money. It's and yet another article read over the weekend, the cost of owning an automobile. It's out of the reach of a lot of people these days, and a lot of the reasons and is keeping the maintained. They were talking about every car's got one of those cameras on it now, so if you get in a minor Fender Benner, it could be thousands of dollars. I mean, it's just crazy. But one place you know you can save money having your car repaired and get a full warranty on parts in service when your car's got to be worked on with an experienced mechanic, a S certified. That's foreign exchange. You get a traditionally import manufactured car or a Tesla and can get it into foreign exchange and save money compared to the dealer. It's a great thing. I've been going there for years and years to that Westchester location Tylersville Road, exit off of seventy five. Just go east two streets. It's a real short jog and hang it right on Kingland Drive and you are in. Tell them, Brian said, how when you stop in with your car or when you call make an appointment. The number to call them it's five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six. Online you find them at foreign X. That's foreimndletter X.
Speaker 5: Dot com fifty five, KRC.
Speaker 1: Five KRC detok Station five eighty two three talk Go Time Play fifty five have an AT and T phone list. So what Steve's got to say this morning? Steve, thanks for calling the Morning show. Welcome.
Speaker 12: Well, since you tossed that phone number out there, I think I'll use it, why not and put my two cents in. And I mean this in a very respectful way to the two people. It's directed to you, to everybody listening. I don't mean it to come across in any way flip into anything about the president taking out the nuclear sites. Bottom line, I don't think he wanted to be the president of the United States who allowed Iran to get a nuclear weapon and it happened on his walk, you know. So yeah, there you go. Now, let's look my my representative, Thomas Massey, and I have voted for him every time in the primary and general election. I'll continue to do so. I really liked the guy at some point. And here's where I don't want to offend anybody. If you remember Michael Decoucus nineteen eighty eight running for president against George H. W. Bush in e No, no, no, not that. Yeah, we could. That's that's the easy one. If you go back to a debate, he was asked by one of the moderators, and here's where I don't want to offend. What would And it was maybe a death penalty question or something like that. He was the governor of Massachusetts. I believe, what would you do if your wife was raped? And he answered, matter of factly, letter of the law, Well, here's what would happen? Da da da da da da da da. When I think everybody watching, ninety nine point nine percent of the men were thinking I'd get a gun, I'd hunt the guy down and blow is, you know, head off. But that's but you know, and so and again I don't want to offend. But Thomas Massey at some point, I know what, you know, I don't know the Constitution as well as he does. I know that, you know, he's a man of principal. Napolitano is a man of principle. There's a reality in the world too. We don't want Iran to have a nuclear weapon. You know, you you're also you've got an executive branch that has grown stronger over the decades. Congress has permitted this to happen. It is, it is.
Speaker 1: And if you if you were listening to five o'clock our Steve Jonathan Turley, actually I was.
Speaker 12: I went to work at that time.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, but Jonathan Turley and you can find it yourself. Jonathan Turley, he's you know.
Speaker 12: Have you read that yet?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And he explained, I mean that that's the point. Congress doesn't want the role of waging war. They don't want any responsibility for it. And president after president after a president, both Democrat and Republican have done exactly the same way, sometimes with more impunity. Than Trump. Trump, at least under the War Powers Act, gave Congress the required notice within forty eight hours that this happened and was going to continue to happen. There's a sixty day period that he can continue to do this, and then a thirty day wind down period, effectively giving him ninety days under the War Powers Act. Now, if you ask Massy, he would say, well, the Warpowers Act and Neapolitano are not constitutional. They've never been tested in court. No one's interested in testing them because our congress people don't want to have to deal with the responsibility of making this kind of decisions, especially a dysfunctional Congress like we've got, who would never in a short enough period of time make a decision. They'd be harumphing it over in subcommittees for months and months. Meanwhile, you know that Ron builds himself a nuclear bomb. I get all I.
Speaker 12: Can say, Yeah, if I can say one more thing or about Massy, and again, I like the guy, and I'll continue to vote for him. I've sent money to him, so I mean, I really don't have a problem with But at some point, you know, and I know the letter of the law, and you're do you know again go back to what the caucus was asked and how he answered it. So with Massey, at some point you look at the people that are sitting around you in the room. I'm not talking about the four hundred and thirty four other members of Congress. I'm talking about the people that now supposedly agree with you and have your back. And look at those people and say, oh my god, these are the people that are supporting me, and you've got AOC and you've got the whole gang of them. At some point you might want to rethink and say, maybe, maybe, maybe I can understand why this was done. You know, that's my only point. Yes, he's not gone to offend or.
Speaker 1: Anytheam you're not. This is the thoughtful analysis that we go through. He is a constitutional purist, like Judge of Politano. There aren't that many around anymore, and they stand out like outliers. When I chuckled out a lot of your comment because it's a valid one. When you find yourself in a moment of absolute agreement on a topic with AOC, you might want to step back from yourself and ponder it a little bit. Six fifty five at fifty five KRSD talk station. I'm just looking for laughter wherever I can find it. Right now, crazy world. We got a little more talk about it. Then we get to hear from Christopher Smitheman with the Smith a van coming up at seven to twenty. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 5: News happens fast, stay up to date.
Speaker 3: At the top of the hour, we're moving very quickly.
Speaker 5: Fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 13: This report is Sponsoredvite.
Speaker 1: Seven oh six. Here thinking about KRCD talk station. Happen Monday Christer Smith then coming up back every Monday seventy twenty. But the former Vice mayor of the City of since nat Doim what we call the Smither vent and Brian James fast forward one hour. We'll talk about how they run attacks, affect oil prices, inflation, stocks, the dollar, everything bad, keeping rate high or keeping the rates right where they are, and also a new drop dead date for when So's security is going to run out of money, another something something else that Congress neglects action to save a program that so many people rely on. SO And it's really not good news at all when it comes to the social welfare safety net. But our Congress is largely ineffectual, and going back to Stee's point, I think it was a valid one. The whole Dacaucus conversation about you know what if your wife got raped, and you know, the vast majority of us out here in the real world dealing with practical realities and practical solutions, if our daughters or our wives were attacked and molested in some way, Yeah, we'd like to go ahead and take a baseball bat to the guy who did it, or even worse, going shoot him. And what is the consequence of taking that into your own hands. Obviously you could be prosecuted criminally. Maybe you throw yourself on the mercy of the jury. Maybe you hope that they exercise their right to find you not guilty even if there's guilty on a reasonable doubt. Jury nullification always found it strange the defense attorneys can't actually raise that and say, listen, you don't have to find him guilty. You are free to find him not guilty. He shot the guy who raped his child. You know, it's a compelling defense, isn't it. But what are the consequences if the president violates a constitution? Now we can all look at the War Powers Act, and you can argue, as Congressman Massy believes, it is not constitutional, and that's sort of jud judgment Politana's argument, because there are lots of Supreme Court cases which basically say you can't delegate powers that lie specifically in the hands of, say, in this particular case, Congress. The declaration of war handed over to the president, even for sixty days or ninety days like under the War Powers Act, never been tested, but it exists. Presidents have asserted the inherent powers to conduct these types of attacks requires the president to inform Congress in forty eight hours in a written notice. Donald Trump reportedly did immediately notify Congress after the attack under the War Powers Act. So he's followed the letter of the War Powers Act. Now he's got sixty days not without congressional authorization to use military force he is currently operating. I would I think he would argue, as did a congressman, former Congressman Brad Weinster of last week, that that nineteen ninety one authorization for Use of military force following nine to eleven encapsulates Iran and specifically mentions Iran, but were so far removed from the nine to eleven attack that it kind of causes one to pause and say, really, that thing's still around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: It's been the justification for literally everything that's gone on in the Middle East militarily speaking, since, of course, the authorization for use of military force was passed in nineteen ninety one. But then Donald Trump also has history as on his side, because so many other presidents, most notably Democrat presidents, have done the same damn things, sometimes with absolute outright impunity. So going back to you might having consequences for gunning down a person who raped your child. The prosecutor may come after you for doing that. That would be the consequences. What are the consequences for a president who, as the Democrats and Loan Thomas Massey claim, has violated the Constitution? Is it impeachment? Is that a high crime and misdemeanor? Well, nobody ever else has been impeached for doing the same thing, and even worse, Hillary Clinton the leading example of or Obama anyway, Buttertley pointed this all out and that op ed piece I read this morning about the status of the law, noting that president's routinely ignored the Warpars Act when it comes to their ability to conduct foreign military operation go back to nineteen ninety nine. Clinton ignored the sixty day deadline, continuing to bomb Kosovo that went to court. His actions were challenged Campbell versus Clinton. His Turtly puts it, just shrugged off the violation and said it was a nonju justicical political question. Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State, push for unilateral attacks during the Obama administration, dismissed the need to consult, let alone secure authorization from Congress. March of twenty eleven, she testified that there was no need for that consultation, declared the administration would ignore the sixty day limit on unauthorized military actions. Obama defied the War Powers Resolution on Syria. Did ask for authorization to take military action, but Congress didn't approve it. He did it anyway. He asked for an authorization for use of military force. Now, so, in that particular case, Conress expressly denied the authorization for the introduction of US armed forces. Both Obama and Trump did precisely that, and, of course, Turtly notes, at least Trump notified Congress in accordance with the War Powers Act by providing them with written notice, so he'll have sixty days plus thirty days to wind down, and that's currently what's going on. So where does what are the ramifications if Trump did in fact violate the Constitution, which is a very complicated question, as I pointed out, since the War Powers Act does seem to provide some measure of authority for him to engage in this activity and not parenthetically, he may have saved the world from one of the most tyrannical, evil and batcrap insane administrations or governments the world has ever seen from obtaining a nuclear weapon. Keeping my fingers crossed and praying to God that those bombers actually did blow up sufficiently that Fordam Nuclear base. There's still question marks swirling around the effectiveness of those bunker busters, but by all accounts, it looks like mission accomplished, which is a great thing for the globe. And many global leaders are kind of keeping their mouths shuts or praising Donald Trump for doing just that. Russian's the only one that's they're raising hell about it, suggesting that Iran may very well get nuclear weapons from some other country, question mark who that might be. Chinese have been kind of quiet, but impeachment if when you look at the parallel killing the rapist of your daughter and then being held accountable by the United States justice system, whether it's a local prosecutor or maybe some federal charge. You'll go through the process and you may be held accountable for violating the letter of the law. But in this particular case, the only thing they've got to go on is, I guess impeachment. So is the operating pursuing to a justifiable use under the Authorization for Use Military Force from nineteen ninety one? Question mark? Is he authorized to do this under the War Powers Act in nineteen seventy three? Question mark? And if you get past those and you conclude that no, he's not, and know he didn't or he isn't, leading to what would be then an arguable outright violation of the Constitution. Is that a high crime or misdemeanor for which he can be impeached? And like Jerry nullification, whether or not it is, and that's a legal question in and of itself. Are there sufficient votes in Congress to impeach him? I would argue the answer to that is no, Even if you got all the Democrats in the line up, coupled with Thomas Massey, I don't think the rest of the rest of the Republicans would be voting in that direction, and you've got to get a pretty sizable number of representatives to vote. Then it goes over to the Senate. Right thinks it's a bit lopsided in the Senate in favor of the Republican side of the Ledgers, so the likelihood of them getting an impeachment is slim, and none left the room. So lots of variables out there, lots of legal questions on the route to a potential impeachment hearing, none of which look very good and none of which are clear. Most notably given the history of presidents going all the way back to Reagan. Reagan sent troops into Grenada to protect Americans on the island against pro Kami forces without congressional approval. So there's another illustrations George W. Bush or an invasion of Panama to kick out Manuel Noriega, no congressional approval. There's Clinton the airstrikes against Yugoslavia to protect Kosovo, no prior approval. Obama committing the US troops to international military force in Libya, hmm, no approval and my point, no consequences. So I think Trump has a reliance argument to make as well. And there is something in the law where if you have sufficient legal grounds to rely you know that that establishes a foundation to justify your actions and unanswered questions. Seven fifteen fifty five krc DE talk stations. Stick around. We're going to hear it from a former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati doing the Smith event, Christopher Smith Aman up next. After a strong recommendation. Man, you're feeling it, aren't you. The heat, the humidity, the heat index. Your house is on fire. You're just struggling to get the air conditioned to even meet some reasonable temperature. You need insulation to those exterior walls. I feel pretty confident about that. So if you're under insulated or uninsulated, you are struggling right now, and there's no doubt about it, and your energy bill is going to be COI US. That is, assuming you're trying to fight the battle against the heat. Well, USA to the rescue the highest star value phone in the market. They can add it to whatever you've got in your walls by way of under insulation, or fill the empty wall cavity with the highest star value phone in the market, which is made right here in the state of Ohio. They've been at this for decades, thousands of homes enjoying greater comfort and lower energy bills. And this both come with a guarantee from USA you will save enough, probably especially with the temperatures right now, to cover the monthly cost. It's only ninety nine dollars a month interest free, speakin of free. It starts with a free inspection and free quote. So haven't come out to your place and find out if you can take if you are need in need of USA's premium foam and if you're adequately insulated, they'll tell you so five one three three eight one three six two six five one three three eight one foam find them online USA Insulation dot Net.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KARC and iHeartRadio station Cower.
Speaker 2: I'm here just pondering all the violence and sits to that in downtown, you know, to to wake up to a sixteen year old shot in his apartment who runs outside and dies on the sidewalk out there, essentially rushed to the hospital to this morning, there's a brawl down there at a bar.
Speaker 1: Just unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I don't know who's partying at three am on a Monday morning. I mean jobs work, what you know, I don't know what that is. But you know, all I do is see All I do is see young people, you know when I turn on the on the news being shot. And you just don't feel the urgency of city hall to do anything real about it, Brian Thomas. And the first line of defense is your police. But they spend so much time undermining the police, you know, not supporting them. The proactive policing of our day is dead, and so they're they're they're concerned about approaching the teenager, you know, and just saying it's beyond curfew. We're going to hold you accountable. You're not supposed to be downtown. You're not supposed to be downtown. So I don't you know, I don't get city Hall. I don't know what the mayor is doing. And this is on the backdrop, you know, of the of the citizen Sarah who said that her husband was stabbed to death in his apartment. We all know that's true. Patrick lost his life. What is it gonna take for city hall to take to say I'm gonna get my arms around it. I'm gonna get my arms around it. By first supporting the police. I have not heard a statement coming from city Hall or the mayor of Cincinnati that just says, I support my police department. How do they know if the leadership keeps saying we want to reimagine the police department or we want to defund it, or you know, just being unclear like in the thing we just had, and it takes them, you know, over a month to decide whether, oh man, we're not going to prosecute this this police officer. How the officers at the end of the day, how do they know that they have the support of the leadership down at City Hall and we and we just constantly see this kind of shooting, these kinds of deaths. That's that's what I'm is. It is key on my mind when I wake up and see a sixteen year old kid, I mean, you know I have a child in that age band you know, says he went to tatt he was a good kid, was volunteering, had several jobs. He's dead today. And I don't want to just run through it because by doing it it almost it almost feels like I'm making it normal and it's not normal.
Speaker 1: Well it isn't. I mean either are so many challenges that elected officials face, and I agree with you wholeheartedly. The elected officials, the council members, and the mayor should do more by way of out loud expression of support for law enforcement. They should do more by way of out loud support for people within any given neighborhood or community working in cooperation with the police to improve their own safety for the benefit of every human being in the city. They keep quiet on it. Now, that doesn't solve even the out loud expression of support for the police. I don't think would solve the problem of crazy kids with guns running around shooting. That is a broader societal problem we face, and we could point to any other number of sociological reasons for that to break down to the front of the nuclear family. I don't know the online chatter and influence that goes on. Maybe that's a component of it. I'm sure there's a whole mixed bag of things that would justify, or at least in the mind of a sixteen year old or a young person, to go out and just gun somebody down or randomly shoot into a crowd of people. It makes no sense, but it would help.
Speaker 2: Brian. But when you see city council introducing resolutions on Israel and Hamas as an example, and spending loads of time on that subject matter which they have nothing to do with, nothing to do with, and then you see all of these other things that are happening. You see a city council and a mayor that are distracted from the things are the reasons we elected them. That's the problem. You have a distracted councilor they're so busy. You know, just a week ago, they're downtown with bullhorns, you know, engaging with protesters about King's Day, you know, trying to protest the President of the United States. Now, if they could walk into gum at the same time, meaning the things that they're supposed to be doing, they're doing, well, maybe we give them a break. But when you wake up and three or four people are shot downtown and then the only thing City Hall says is downtown is safe. These are isolated incidents. You're okay, come on down to the bank. Somebody was beat up down here and shot. I promise you, your wife, your kids, and you will be safe. Come on down. It doesn't make sense now, and that is what is so frustrating. Brian Thomas, Well.
Speaker 1: The escalating crime and the violence in downtown since then is ruining their marketing component. They want people to come and live in downtown Cincinnati, and it's ruining it for people who even might consider It's like, wait a second, do I want to move down to that crime infested environment where people are getting shot every day of the week.
Speaker 12: Nah?
Speaker 1: Maybe not. Let's bring Christopher back. I know he's got more in his mind. Seven thirty one fifty five KRC Detalk Station. Brian Thomas here with Christopher Smith van during the Smith event. All right, Christopher, Well, what else is on your mind, my dear friend.
Speaker 2: Well, brother, I'm going to stay on this a little longer, sure, because we're at we just started the summer, and as you indicated as we went in the break, it's getting hot and we know that the kind of violence that you and I were just talking about increases as it gets warmer, because people are out at parks, their families are out doing different kinds of activities, and we have officers out here who are trying to do a job, trying to keep us safe. But the barrage of trying to just share officers down it just it just never stops. And so this notion, for example, the legislation that's out there that basically says that police officers will have no immunity in their job. And if something like that passes, you know, through the state House, and no one's gonna want to be a police officer because you're making split second decisions. And so this notion, you know, still we have a country divided, and you and I can have a discussion about why it's divided around race, but you and I know that if a white officer, male or female, in uniform or out of uniform, kills a youth in Cincinnati and are anywhere in the United States of America who is African American with a gun like we just saw, that officer's life will be changed, not just because you took the life of a human being, which is bad enough, but because of what society is going to say, do and scrutinize. And so the reality of it is, you see all these guns that are that are in these young people's hands in downtown.
Speaker 7: It's warm.
Speaker 2: We've got police officers who are being asked to do a job, but we want to reimagine you and they know that they're being second guess that's why they're leaving drop, which means they're leaving their employment early to retire because they know the stress of the job and what has taken place at city halls across the United States of America. It's the perfect storm, Brian Thomas, for this violence to continue to proliferate. And it's sad, as you indicated that it seems like the mayor in our city and the council and our city are focused more on just trying to collect money. They want people from the to just keep coming downtown. But when you're watching the news and you wake up and you got sixteen year olds walking around with guns. The big fight that happened over by the air and off it looked like about fifty sixty youth just teeing off on each other. How can you with a rational sense say hey, it's safe to come downtown. I just don't get it, Brian Thomas. And I'm hoping that city hall someone is listening, saying you got to get your act together. This is not just about opening up new pools. It's not about just making sure the rec centers is open. It's making sure that your police know that you have their back. And you have to do that with a proclamation. You have to do that standing with your police shoulder to shoulder, saying we want proactive policing in Cincinnati. And when we get the proactive policing, we have their back. We don't have one member of council or a mayor who is willing to stand with our polic in this city, and that's why the crime continues to get worse.
Speaker 1: Well, there's certainly an argument in there, Christopher, and I can't fault you at all for really hoping that they would become more proactive in their enforcement or engagement with law enforcement and support of law enforcement. I don't see there any downside at all, and one of the upsides might be well, safer communities.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 1: Seven here fifty about CAIRCD talk station Monday Monday is Brian James how the Iran attacks going to impact well, literally everything, And that's one of the topics with Brian James at the top of the our news. In the meantime, we continue with the former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati what we call this smither vent, Christopher Smithman. You have the floor.
Speaker 2: Let me just say, with the elephant in the Room number one. You know, I support the decision to attack the nuclear sites in Iran. I like the fact that it was only limited to those sites period. I think we shouldn't go any further than that. And I don't support Masthey, Senator Massey out of Kentucky saying that he's going to impeach the president over the decision. These are really tough decisions. Many presidents before this president had to wrestle with this decision.
Speaker 7: This is not new.
Speaker 2: This is a country that has been saying death to America, death to Israel, death to anybody. Really yea, and and and it's it was incredibly important for Iran not to get their hands on a nuclear weapon. That's our interest. Our interests is that and that only so if we can stay out of it from that point, allow Israel and Iran to work this out. Uh, continue to get people back to the table to have conversations about peace. That's where we should be. And I hope that Congress and the Senate supports that very limited military strike that happened over the weekend. It's over now. Of course, if Iran said, hey, we want to take an action, then things are going to have to be reassessed. But I hope that where we are today as a country is we don't take another step, We don't attack anything else over there. We stay out of it, and we now just allow Israel and Iran to work it out. They might continue to fight for the next three thousand years, but we can't have Iran. We can't have Iran with a nuclear weapon. Yeah, saying they want death to America.
Speaker 1: No, I'm accord with you. And I think in so far as additional actions by US military now, I don't think that's in play. And Trump has even said that, you know, it's up to the wrongs if they attack our interest, guess what we're coming back. And you know the Israeli forces, and of course, as demonstrated by our involvement with the bomb strikes, there is no air deterrence in Iran aitymore. They don't even have any airplanes left as far as I understand, and a lot of their surface to air missiles apparently have been wiped out. Clearly, we were able to get in and get out with a whole bunch of airplanes over the weekend, and Israel's been proving that day in and day out as well, and there's a lot of other targets Israel could easily target. They have told them you better step back and you better negotiate, because we're coming after your electrical grid and infrastructure. I mean, they could shut the power off. There's so many more steps that can be taken to act as a further deterrence or retaliatory action against the Iranians. So the Ruanian has got to be sitting back and going, hmmm, maybe we shouldn't And that would include maybe we shouldn't launch missiles into American military bases which are within very close striking range of the capabilities of the Iranians missiles. So you know, it would be a really bad idea. I mean, you know, if you're sitting down with the Supreme leader of Iran, you're like, dude, you really want to go down that road. You see what they just did here Fordham Nuclear Base the other day. Do you see what the Israelis are able to accomplish in twelve days and how they've wiped out thousands of your rockets and destroyed so much of your military infrastructure and killed almost every single member of your top military command. They've had a hands off approach to the other political leaders in Iran, the non military political leaders there all could be targets. And nobody's interested in regime change. Now, Donald Trump said, I mean, they're trying to mince his words, but he said, I Am not interested in regime change, and I'm not going to continue to wage a war in order to overthrow the Ayatola. God knows who'd step up into his place, but that could very well happen if they start launching missiles into our military bases or otherwise attack US interest. Christopher, I'm most concerned about the wave of illegal immigrants under the Biden ministry, the two million known got aways that very well could represent a threat right here domestically, and there is a lot of talk about that this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that is that is also very true. You know, I'm one of those families. I have a son in the military, and you know, he could be called up. He's in the Guard. He did four years active duty and now he's in the Guard and he could be called up. And so so these these kinds of discussions for my family are, like many who are listening, are very very real. And you know, as a as a guy, as a father who has somebody in the military, and I always say I've got skin in the game because my baby is in it, or can be in it, could be put in it. That the decision to stay very focused. People who are listening to me maybe don't follow this closely understand. But you had a country saying they wanted a nuclear weapon, and they on it death to America. And this has been going on for about forty years, and at a certain point there are other presidents that said, hey, we have more time because they weren't close, let's negotiate. I'm not getting into the weeds of the previous president presidents and what information they had. There was enough information, I think here for anybody to come out and say, six months from now, one year from now, a short period of time, Iran had the ability to have a nuclear weapon, put it on the put it on the head of a missile and firing. Well, that can't happen.
Speaker 1: Well, I agree with you, it can happen. Will be extraordinarily dangerous, given how unhinged the leadership is there and their outright, absolute desires to eliminate Israel and the United States. They've demonstrated that by all the missiles they've been launching on Israel through their terrorist proxies now for decades. You know, that's what they want. And think about the reality of them going after a nuclear weapon. Wasn't that the predicate for these nuclear discussions and accords that Obama was negotiating with them back in the day they were moving towards a nuclear weapon. We had reason to sit down and try to get them to stop doing that. They agreed that they would stop, you know, along a bunch of guidelines not enriched uranium up beyond twenty percent. They ignored that. They continued to enrich create a uranium beyond that for what purpose? You don't need enriched uranium to that level for civilian energy generation, which is what they kept saying, you only need about three or four percent. In Richmond they were at sixty sixty.
Speaker 2: And let's I want to remind Christians, which I am a Christian Catholic, and the Israel is the holy land for us. It's ground Zero's where Jesus walked, It's where he was buried, is where he rose, is where he was crucified. It's where David the King was. They just found artifacts a city. It is a it is an incredibly important area for Christians, and I think it's important for Christians sometimes just to say that out loud. It's not like people think Israel. They think of the Jewish community. That is true, but it is the holiest land for Christians. And we just have to remind ourselves that not a nuclear weapon blowing all of that up. It's just a red line that no one crossed and Iran. Iran continued to say that was their goal, that was their purpose. They didn't say their purpose was, you know, just to enrich uranium for power. They were saying death to America and death to Israel. And they got closer and closer to putting two plus two together, which would have been four, and that's a nuclear bomb. And so anybody listening who would say, well, this president, former president should have done this, I'm gonna just say those former president they weren't as close to putting it all together as they are now. And this president said, listen, we can't have it. It cannot happen. He attempted to speak with them, they decided they didn't want to have that conversation. Yeah, and this White House decided that they were going to neutralize those three sites. Now, what I will say in conclusion, I pray that that is as far as we go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do too.
Speaker 2: I pray unless there's any other action or aggression, we should stay out of that three thousand year fight. Let it continue to roll if that's what they want to do. It's not our interests. We've got other things that we've got to focus on. They now cannot put a nuclear weapon together.
Speaker 1: Amen. Brother didn't call looking for an argument with me, that's for sure. And at least, you know, Trump, Trump at least has demonstrated that he puts a red line down and you cross it that he makes good on his promises, unlike prior administrations. You know, he's already told them, don't hit us. World of hurts coming down on you, gonna rain down and you like hell fire if you if you hit us. He's on record, and I think now at least under this administration, Iranians probably believe them.
Speaker 2: And I think that Putin. I think Putin believes them right now, which is the next real discussion. So you're right. The the decision to do this also has other ramifications that could be very positive that other leaders around the world understand that just going and killing Ukrainian and sending in drones and doing that in the public square, uh you know, of the capital of Ukraine. You just can't continue to do it. And it's just been amazing how Putin has been calling for peace when he's in the middle of a war himself. So hopefully some of the other leaders will get the message, Brian Thomas and and we can make some progress for peace in Europe and it and it also serves as as a deterrent for China as they say they want to take Taiwan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we will see. One could argue that China is getty with excitement that we're involved in. All of our military resources are focused in the Middle East, so they can continue their nefarious actions in the South China Sea and elsewhere. Another topic. A very complicated world we live in, Christopher. I share it. I share your prayers that you don't get further involved in it and embroiled in the larger conflict. God bless you, Christopher. Look forward to next Monday. Have a great week by friends. Got a well hot day to state in the obvious ninety four heat advisory north of one hundred degrees, sunny skies clear every night, seventy four. Tomorrow partly cloudy with isolated storms possible in the afternoon ninety four. And I'm sure the heat index north of one hundred clear every night down to seventy two dry and more heat ninety three for the high on Wednesday, and again another heath in dex north of one hundred plus better chances for pop up storms on Wednesday seventy six degrees. Right now, it is time for a traffic update from Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 3: From the US UP Traffic Center.
Speaker 10: You see healthy, You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for a better outcome, so expect more.
Speaker 3: You'd see health dot com.
Speaker 10: Northbound seventy five, the heaviest of the highways. That's over a five minute to lay out of earl Linger into downtown snapbound seventy five. Now break likes past the Reagan Highway in northbound forth seventy one, a bit slow right side of the bridge making the ramp to westbound Fort Washington Way. Chuck Ingramont fifty five KRZ, the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven four at five care Seaton Talk Station, Good morning, Jonie, I just got a text message to my friend Jonie, so she and her friends are listening to Christopher Smithman and I talk and saying they're really enjoying the conversation. I certainly appreciate that. I appreciate you tuning into that. And folks who are just pulling up the show this morning, maybe on your smart a, your iHeartMedia app which you got at fifty five care sea dot com, always remember to get the podcast at fifty five care sea dot com. Really important podcast from last Friday's Tech Frider if Tech Friday that made the top of the air news this morning. Sixteen billion passwords out there in the dark web that would be passwords to your Facebook account, Google, access, Apple, and of course the breakdown from Dave Hatter on Friday explained how that happened and how it came about and what you should do to protect yourself. So heed his advice. I always recommend important segment to listen to if you're not up at six point thirty when he is on the program live. Just had one undred to fifty five KRC dot com and get that information valuable. It is value information for money. Money's Brian James. So just checking the futures market, and really they're down, but only just by a tiny fraction, you know, SMP, dal Jones, NASDAC and others. So maybe the conflict isn't going to impact the markets, but we are going to talk about that, most notably oil prices are up some but will they stay up? Will the straight of horror moves be shut down by the Iranians probably to their detriment if they try it? That stocks US dollar all the impact that the conflict is having fed keeping rates where they are. And then finally we'll talk about the drop dead date for when SOSIS security runs out of money. Yeah, not good news in that department. Brian James up after the news.
Speaker 5: Big things are happening, breaking news happening.
Speaker 1: Now we'll tell you more at the top of the hour.
Speaker 9: Is too aggressive and over the top fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: This reporting spongor.
Speaker 8: Dome now too, that's our new word of the years. Yeah, heat dome.
Speaker 14: Remember when his hook echo was the first thing, and then it was direct show or direct show.
Speaker 1: Now it's a heat dome. So I feel that heat dome looks like thunderdome. Get our weapons out and start beating the crap out of each other, which certainly could happen anyway. Obviously, we attacked Iran over the weekend, the United States b two bombers dropping the bunker busters, so we can get to the nuclear centrifugees at Fordham, clearly on the heels of Israel really having a very successful military effort against the Iranians. Question Mark what happens next. I know the Iranians are a little miffed. They have threatened to do certain things, including shut down the Straight of Horror moves And if you look at a map, boy, they got a lot of square miles along that straight and that that narrow its point, it's only two miles wide. And it was reported I saw in the Wall Street Journal that it's susceptible to mines, for example, as well as launches from the Iranian soil onto the shipping lanes and Straight of Horror moves. Although probably not a really smart idea for them to do that twenty percent of the global oil supply moves through that strait. That is a substantial amount. Brian, Where are we in terms of futures and how this looks?
Speaker 14: Yeah, and you're right, and that's not something I had looked at in a very long time. But you're exactly right about that map. That's that's beach territory apparently. Yeah, I look on a map that the entire Straight of Horror Moves runs along the Iranian border. So where we are right now is the headlines. We gotta be careful with these headlines, as always, read the article, not the headlines.
Speaker 8: And to make tu it's to say that I know.
Speaker 3: So the Straight of.
Speaker 14: Horn Moves as of now, as of this moment right now, has not been closed. They voted to close it, but it still has to go through Iran's Supreme National Security Council. They have different layers of management or different layers of decision making bodies similar to we, and of course everything goes through this supreme leader, the IE told. But anyway, Parliament voted to close it, they have not made an official decision. It is impacting transit. Some tankers are going the other direction or pausing their movement through there were just avoiding it entirely. In merchant shipping is also being advised to avoid those waters. However, the Strait of horm Moves is open for now. The reason why haven't they just slammed the door. Well, like you just said, twenty percent of the world's oil moves through that strait. They can't do that without hurting themselves. So if they just wanted to hurt everybody else, then they'd have done it already and it probably never would have been opened in the first place. But that will have an impact on Iran. They have to be careful what they do to themselves. You know, cut off the nose to spite the face.
Speaker 1: And you know, honestly, we have to acknowledge this is all over the backdrop of Irani and oil being subject to sanctions right now and their biggest customer China, and they would be the biggest loser if they shut down the Straight to hormeuse these these these tankers wouldn't be able to get to make their way to provide China with the oil it needs. And in fact, Secretary of State Mark Rubia made the point over the weekend's they urged China to remind Iran against the problems that they would face by closing the Straight. And China, of course is a bigger friend of Iran than anybody else is. So that's that's a lot of pressure that could come from China. Yeah, and don't forget India.
Speaker 14: India is not not far behind China in terms of buying oil from Iran. So yeah, and this is where one of those things where it would if you've been frustrated with globalization and disappointed at how that outcome has been. Well, globalization could be saving us from larger wars right now because everything being connected to everything else means that nobody can do anything unilaterally. Anything that one one organization or one country does will impact any other countries that maybe they don't even want to impact. Maybe that's not that's not the country that's particularly in the crosshairs, but there's always going to be a ricochet action, so it's not as easy to disrupt.
Speaker 1: As it used to be. Oh and then when you look at the map as well, on the other side of the of the strait from Iran, you've got Kuwait, which looks like that's the only avenue to get its oil out. The United Arab Emirates as well, And while Saudi Arabia does have a lot of square miles along the straight or Horn moves, I've read that they do have pipelines that should allow them to get their oil out by alternative means they do.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and so again, nothing is ever as simple as it seems forever. So there's going to be a major impact here, but it's going to be a whole lot of headline, any and article reading this week. We don't know what's going to happen this week. But what we we have just begun this particular chapter of global history here, Well.
Speaker 1: Yes we have. And the other thing we benefited from our own fracking, which allowed us to be one of the largest oil producers in the globe. Thankfully we have our own resources here, so maybe we'll have less of a sting although it being a global commodity, the price of a barrel of oil that don't necessarily go up if it does get shut down. What about inflation, any impact that this conflict's going to have on inflation? I saw the headline from USA today what an attack on Iran can mean for oil prices, inflation and the US dollar. Your take on inflation in the US dollar, Bryan, Well, it's not gonna help, let's put it that way.
Speaker 14: So, yes, so these strikes did drive oil prices up briefly. As we're sitting here right now, things aren't too too crazy. Stock market futures are up just a little bit, and oil is kind of calmed down. So early panic, of course, because whenever we get this initial headline, we just don't know exactly how far this is going to go, how long it's going to last, So of course there's always a shock. Golf and Israeli equity markets moved around, okay, but oil had a big spike. The infrastructure, however, it still remains intact. Right This was not an attack on oil infrastructure, of course, It was an attack on the nuclear side of things. So this is going to be more about the handshake agreements that are now probably no longer agreements, and seeing how everybody wants to react to it. But to your question, if oil settles in about the eighty to ninety dollars range right now it's about seventy seven bucks of barrel, then headline inflation could be looking at it, maybe a bump of point three to point four percent this summer core inflation. We're not looking for that to move whole lot, and the growth drag from those higher gasoline prices is going to be offset a little bit by more defense spending and stronger shale activity.
Speaker 8: For those fracking reasons you just mentioned.
Speaker 14: So at this point, knocking furiously on wood or whatever this desk is made of, we're not looking for any major impacts. Obviously, Let's check again next week and see how we come out.
Speaker 1: Right, Honestly, when I saw the futures markets and you indicated that up a little bit, they were only down when I saw them this morning by like zero point one point five pretty much across the board. So clearly this has not impacted what people's expectations are about the market oil notwithstanding. Do you find that puzzling or do you think that's like I guess market force has been looking at the it's the globe. It's a globe. It's a conflict in one small regional the world airgo. It's not going to impact my trading, It's not going to impact you know, the companies that I'm invested in. I mean, I guess I really expected it, just because of the bleak realities of war, that the futures will be down a lot more.
Speaker 14: Yeah, And I think I think some of this has to do with the idea that over the past several decades, the world has just gotten used to chaos, you know, I've mentioned this before, but I believe the eighties and the nineties where largely nothing happened. And I'm speaking comparatively. Certainly, lots of things happened, but comparative to the last couple and a half decades, then the eighties and nin ninety were kind of the anomaly, and I think we all lulled ourselves to sleep thinking that that was normal, that things just just just kind of hummed along and really nothing crazy, super crazy happened. But reality, if you look before that and since then, chaos has been the norm, and that's kind of where we are. So I do believe that this is another place where the never ending news cycle of headlines has helps a little bit because we're always we are bombarded with yeah news, good, bad, and different whatever news news news, that's all we hear, so I think it kind of lessens the impact of all of it in the short run. But obviously we do have volatility. As you just mentioned. I think you just called me out here a little bit. When I first got my cup of coffee, Brian, futures were down. By my second cup of coffee, they were up, and you just pointed out they're down again, not very much.
Speaker 1: But when we're down a fraction of a person, yeah, tiny little bits. And again I really expected, you know, a couple of single digit numbers and at least some of those markets, and I was pleasantly surprised. You know, maybe maybe we can just take away something positive from this. The world isn't in perfect place. There's chaos going on all the time in the world. We just know about it more now because of the Internet. And look, we all managed to live, thrive and survive, notwithstanding in the challenges here and abroad. So something positive might come from this. Who knows. Anyway, We'll continue with Brian James, Fed keeping rates right where they are. I was reminded to Carter pay Jimmy Carter and Paul Brian mean, we will have a little conversation about that, given Trump and his arguments with the FED on interest rates. A D fifteen right now fifty five Guy Zeed Talk station quick mention for Gate to Heaven Catholic Cemetery. You know, summer invites reflection and the Gate of Heaven's mission. Warmer months meaningful time to walk the grounds, visit loved ones, and connect with the peace and purpose of Gate of Heaven's mission, which is to affirm the sacredness of life at all times, honoring life on sacred ground and more than a cemetery, it's a sacred space where the dignity of every person is respected and life is honored from beginning to end. Such a gorgeous park like setting, its tranquil landscape, surroundings ideal for prayer, reflection and remembrance. Of course, creating a comforting experience for the visitors to Gate of Heaven, and all are welcome at Gate of Heaven. So visit Gate of Heaven dot org you learn more all about it, and maybe you would consider being buried there. Okay, Catholic cemetery, you know the information Gate of Heaven dot.
Speaker 5: Org fifty five KRC seen right now if you have KRSE.
Speaker 1: The talk station Happy Monday, right Thomas with Money Monday's Brian James talking money issues and of course the ongoing battle between the Trump administration and the FED chair Jerome pal rates. I guess it currently are four point two four to four point five percent, and he announced he's planning on leaving them there. I guess there's a lot of question marks floating around labor market. I guess is growing at what he called a solid pace uncertainty expressed about the impact of US tariff policies on inflation, and Brian, let's start there, because the whole world was going to come to a screeching halt. We're all going to die because of Trump's tariff policies. And I know he's sort of used it as a mechanism to sit down with some of the countries and negotiate better terms and conditions. But regardless of whether anything's been negotiated or agreed upon, it doesn't seem to have had a profound impact on our day to day lives, has it.
Speaker 8: No, not really. I mean there are those out there now.
Speaker 14: I'm sure there's somebody screaming at they're always advice or when shield or whatever, saying hey, this hit me in the face last week. And I do have personal friends who who have had to deal with the China tariff, specifically the own factories and things that bring over raw materials, and this has been an extremely stressful time for those folks. So certainly don't mean to imply that it's not out there. However, I think what you're saying is this has not changed the daily routine and the lifestyle of the average American, and I can and I can vouch for that myself. I sit down with average Americans every single day at this table and we do financial planning, and the only real concerns I hear is just general complaints about the price of things in general, not so much that somebody has had to absolutely change, you know, what they what they what they're doing. And I think this that's why we're still seeing the you know we were talking about earlier that even the crazy headlines have not impacted the market. The market is actually almost up to an all time high.
Speaker 7: Again.
Speaker 14: We of course gave back a little bit obviously with when the strikes became news last week, but at this point we're not so much concerned about yet about having to change how we do things. That would be coming through if if consumers were changing their thinking, then that would be coming through in the markets rather quickly. However, consumer spending came out okay in the most recent report. Remains to be seen, of course, what comes in the following months, But at this point, knock on wood, we're not it's not looking so scary out there.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know, I'm old enough to remember how bad things used to be. I mean, four point five percent. It's a lot compared to where it was before. But it isn't eighteen or whatever percent it was back in the Carter days when he was screaming at Paul Volker about, you know, lowering the interest rates. We had stagflation going on. That it was a very complicated situation.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Now now again, I always want to be fair to people who aren't in your and my fortunate situation of having ridiculously low mortgage rates. I would not want to be buying a house right now, not necessarily because of the interest rates. You're right, that's a relatively short term thing, and historically speaking, a six seven percent mortgage is still low over the last century. That is still a low mortgage rate relatively speaking. It's the purchase price, Brian, that's the part. When you couple that with the interest rate, it just makes it unattainable. And that's what's making it really hard for you know, for our kids, yours and mine are at that age to really pull the trigger there. So people want to see those rates come down. The President certainly does, but Jerome pal is not convinced yet that if he does that we won't quickly quickly quickly see inflation.
Speaker 1: Any tea leaf reading on the housing market, You're right, houses are outrageously expensive, and of course that came on the heels of COVID nineteen, when every man, woman and child would realize they could work remotely and then started buying up properties in the four corners of the United States of America as they fled California, New York. But California New York real estates still outrageously high. And I just don't see an end in sight on this. There's not a big, at least from my impression, a big build up of builders out there in the world that are building what you and I might call affordable homes or more affordable homes. So as long as the market is what it is and they keep building these large, you know, eight, nine hundred thousand dollars homes, there's not going to be any way to solve this problem them for the younger folks.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And it's it's really.
Speaker 14: It's the affordability that you mentioned there, that that's really not where the builders are. There's plenty of building going on, that's that's not the you know, that's not the issue. There's I'm up here in Liberty Township and we've lost a few more cornfields here over the last month and a half or so. I'm sure it happening. But but yeah, numbers wise, housing starts are down about ten percent, building permits dropped about two percent.
Speaker 8: So these are very recent numbers here. So that suggests that the.
Speaker 14: That the market's going to see, you know, not a whole lot of upside in the months ahead, But that does I don't I don't think it's lack of upside we're looking for. I think we're looking for for downside for like you said, for affordable housing. Affordable housing doesn't mean that we build a small house and price it where it is right now.
Speaker 8: They're currently unaffordable.
Speaker 14: We need to find a way for younger people to get a foothold so that they can start their lives, start their families, and begin to grow forward, because that's ultimately what's going to drive the economy over the next several decades, not you and me buying you know, a nice house.
Speaker 8: To retire into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, what really bothers It's almost like the answer to the problem is some sort of you know, massive recession come depression kind of thing in order to force the prices down would be catastrophic.
Speaker 8: Of course.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and that's you know, we're certainly not rooting for that neither, right, We're rooting for more of this soft landing stuff. Remember in three years ago or so, when soft landing was kind of the best outcome anybody could ever think of. Yeah, we never had that soft landing. We just kind of stopped talking about it, which I think is what a soft landing is.
Speaker 1: I think you're right, we just got used to it. Although the norm is not good for America's younger folks who are looking to start out and you know, invest in a home and at least get some equity build up as opposed to just paying rent the rest of their lives. Brian James the bad news coming up next. Not that this always rosy news, but yeah, the reports out so Security, the timeline's not looking good. One more with Brian James from all Worth Financial.
Speaker 5: Be right back fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you're listening to me right now, and we may as well get everybody the cold, hard bad news. So Security administration's got new trust fund depletion dates. I saw the Wall Street Journal article published on the nineteenth of June, social Security ICEBERG gets closer. Official trustees now estimate the need for a twenty three percent cut and benefits plus eleven percent to medicare in eight years. You know, our elected officials can ignore the problems that we're facing all day long, and they have been for years. I mean, you and I have talked about this before as a topic. It's been a generally running topic of conversation for decades in terms of where the direction social Security was going. And it seems like the day of wreckoning is now coming a lot sooner than anybody really projected. We're looking at insolvency in twenty thirty three. Yeah, here's the thing.
Speaker 14: I want to make sure everybody knows that insolvency does not does not and I want to stamp my feet and say this does not mean there will not be a Social Security check right now. There is more money flowing into the Social Security system than flows out. That's the surplus. It's not a pile of money that slowly draining to zero over here years. Next time you get paid, look at the top half your pay stub. Look at that fight a ligne. That is what you are paying for Social Security. The only way that the fund will completely go away is if that fight a ligne comes off of your pay stub. Now, there's those out there who would very much want the whole system to go away and for taxes to just not be a thing. That isn't realistic. We're gonna have an awful lot of people wandering the streets in their golden years. That ain't happening. So FICA taxes will be there, we will be paying them, and Social Security will be distributing income as it always has. So what does it actually mean though? So this is what Brian, would you just said? So benefits at this point are estimated. If nothing changes, then the inflows that the socicurity system will receive from those pay dubs will only cover about seventy seven percent of the pre crisis of Social Security benefits. So simply means that you, whatever your report says, if you're trying to do your own financial planning, look at your financial report that you can pull off of SSA dot gov or my Social Security report. Take that number for full retirement age, which is going to be somewhere between sixty six and sixty seven. That's the dollar amount you're supposed to receive every year or every month and knock about twenty to thirty percent off of it. As we're sitting here right now, that is the direct impact that we will see unless something changes over the next eight years.
Speaker 1: Well, do you think this would change the direction of people's behavior in terms of their planning for their own financial future. It certainly sends a warning shot over about folks who are relying on so secure like, oh my god, I'm gonna have to deal with twenty five percent less or whatever. But if you're young enough, we can start planning for your future. You can get around this problem that's looming.
Speaker 8: Absolutely.
Speaker 14: But then, and the answer to that is the same as if there weren't a problem. Save and save a lot of money. You know, you want to be in control of your future anyway, regardless of social securities issues. You still want to be able to call your shot. So the answer is, make sure you're saving and saving a good chunk, invest aggressively, don't make a mess of your credit. Do those things for thirty thirty to thirty or so years if when you're just getting started, and you'll be okay in the long run. Now that's said, there's a lot of things that could change. Something has to get We can't simply plow forward here. But as a society, we have been unwilling to elect people and unwilling to listen to those elected about the sacrifices that we will need to make. And it is quite simple. There's a million ways we can do this. But at the end of the day, Brian, we are either lowering benefits or raising taxes. There's a lot of ways that could happen. We are lowering benefits by simply reducing the dollar amount. We could raise the retirement age, make it have to be older before you receive that money. We could also in terms of raising taxes. It's not necessarily just a percentage that could be raised. They could raise the wage cap. Right now, nobody who makes over one hundred and seventy six thousand dollars, nobody gets taxed above one hundred and seventy six thousand dollars for Social Security that is capped. They could remove that. They could raise it. They could increase the payroll tax rate. There's a million ways this can happen, but more needs to flow in, or less needs to.
Speaker 8: Come out, or more likely a combination of both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one hundred and seventy six thousand dollars that's been around a long time, hasn't it.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, it goes up. It goes up, you know, every year a little bit.
Speaker 14: But the point is there's a lot, a lot of income earned by people that are that is way above that. If we simply remove that cap, which that's a pretty low cap when you think about the three hundred and thirty million people out there and the range of incomes that exist in this country, that cap is really really low. If we remove that cap, that was the one thing that we did, the whole problem goes away. It goes poof overnight, Brian. But we're not willing to do that. That's a sacrifice. This country, the society is not willing to make sacrifices yet. We're going to be forced to eventually, but we prefer to kick the cant so far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and maybe there's a bright light in this inability to buy a home reality younger people are facing. You know, I know there's always the problem of rent, but rent's kind of static, Brian. And you don't have to replace the roof when you're paying rent. You don't have to replace the water heater.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's a multitude of things that go into home ownership which are very unpleasant from time to time. Maintenance enough, keep a loon, plus insurance. Maybe they'll find a better resource in putting their money and socking their money away in an investment. And since not having to deal with the expense of home ownership, it can be Yes.
Speaker 14: The thing that scares me though, is now one of your largest expenses is completely subject to inflation. Your and my mortgage payments aren't going to change based on the inflat but rent absolutely will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's always that pesky energy bill which keeps going through the roof as well.
Speaker 8: We're all stuck with that.
Speaker 1: Lots of layers on this, Brian James, but I certainly appreciate you raising and bring us everybody's attention each Monday. On Monday Monday, have a great week. My friend will do this again next week.
Speaker 8: Stay cool, talk to you next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you too, man, It is hot out there. Five one three seven fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. It's got something you want to talk about. It's a great time to call in. Got a couple more segments to deal with here in the morning show. I hope you can stick around. I'll be right back.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KARC and iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 1: Hey thirty nine. If it's five KRCD Talk station, Thomas inviting phone calls, you care to talk about something specific? Five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five, eight hundred and eight two to three talk Pound five fifty on AT and T Founds. I went through the constitutional realities that are obviously brought up with Trump's use of military force. Many arguing he's well within his powers under the War Powers Act. I'm arguing that he has authority under the Authorization for Use of Military Force from nineteen ninety one. Of course, the likes of Congressman Mass you believe it to be an unconstitutional declaration of war which power resides exclusively in the hands of Congress, unless you look at the War Powers Act, which pretty much says it doesn't. So whole lots of questions out there, and you know this has been done so many times before by so many different administrations, going all the way back to Reagan. You got Bush, you got Obama, you have Clinton, they've all done this, and I know, two rights don't make a wrong, or two wrongs rather don't make it right. But you have like a dozen quote unquote prior wrongs. It does provide some measure of justification for Trump doing what he did. He can point to history and you know what, what is the accountability? I go back to Steve's call, you know about you know if your daughter or your wife got raped? You know is the whole Michael Dukaukas question. He danced around it and gave this very straightforward legal response, like, well, the system will end up dealing with the situation when many people, you can probably include me among them, would probably take matters into our own hands and let a jury of our peers decide whether or not whether or not we can get a nullification verdict from the jury. But what's what's the accountability here? I mean is the answer impeachment? I all I can say is good luck on that one. I mean this, this shouldn't be a question of whose ox is being goored since Democrats have done this many times before, see Clinton, see Obama. Nobody called about impeaching them, and there was some flagrant violations. I mean they didn't even pay attention to the War Powers Resolution in terms of the timing and the length of time when they entered into military involvement. So, but you got a lot of complicated layers here, layers that have never been resolved in the courts anyway, Like the War Powers Resolution. Is it an acceptable delegation of military authorization from Congress to the president under the War Powers Resolution of nineteen seventy three. It's never been tested in courts. So Trump would stand behind that and say, listen, I follow the rules. I notified Congress within the appropriate time. The sixty day window from military activity just started ticking on Saturday, so he's got a couple of months before he has to start widening things down, and that gives him an extra thirty day. So it's a total of like ninety days at least as of right now, there's no more military action involved in that. Ball is squarely in the Iranian's hands now. I think it's easy to figure out what we might do if the Iranians directly started launching military actions against our bases that are in the area. Other American assets tried to blow up some of our ships at sea out there that are trying to protect the region any number of things where Iran is directly engaged. But how do they have they been waging their wars, of course against Israels through their terrorist proxies. The Iranians weren't shown up and mowing down the Israelis. That was the you know Hamas or you know the Huthis or whichever rebel Iranians supported terrorist group out there you want to put your point your finger at.
Speaker 8: That sort of.
Speaker 1: Removes Iran from the equation. Yes, they are funding them and supporting them, but is that sufficient? And I use that in the context of what Trump might do in the event, and it's on everybody's radar. Homeland Security and everybody else has got major US cities on high alert stemming from the unregulated, unchecked flow of humanity during the Biden administration and the two million known godaways and what affiliation they may or may not have with the various forces out there like Iranian terrorist groups, and so New York, Miami, Los Angeles, all the mayors are saying, hey, we got heightened alert here out of abundance of caution. We're deploying additional resources to religious, cultural, and diplomatic sites across in this particular statement from the New York mayor across New York City, but a similar statement was issued by Mayor bass Out in Los Angeles regarding the same kind of thing places of warship, community gathering spaces and other sensitive sites. We're going to have more law enforcement and it could happen anywhere at any time. The background of all this is what we've seen now for the past I don't know how many years since the first Trump administration, organized activities paid for and funded by and organized by angry non governmental organizations who are trying to undermine the United States written large, and you know, even I predicted it, no magical prediction when the illegal immigrant population was coming over. If you get an administration that's interested in forcing immigration law and it's wanting to deport them, they will organize and take to the streets, which clearly they did. You got the No King's Rally. That's just basically an anti Trump rally, period, end of story. Anything Trump does we don't like. We think he's just this outrageous person and you know, no Trump, okay, But then you have people that actually have committed ideological motivations, like for example, terrorist cells. So let's assume for the sake of discussion, that there are terror cells out there, and that Iran does if he issues some fotware or whatever they want to call it, you know, death to America, unleashes the terrorist cells, tells them to do their dirty work. Are you going to be able to trace that back to Iran? A domestic terrorist action? Here? You got a group of crazy religious fundamentalists which come in all stripes. These days, the Internet's been an amazing thing. It's had a tremendous impact on the minds of our young people, so much so that some crazy philosophy can creep into the mind of your child in your basement on the computer that would turn them into some crazy religious zealot willing to do some harm to society. Now, if that influence came from the Iranians, or they were fundamentalists Muslims, would that mean that Iran is behind any given attack? Providing Trump with a means to make an argument that further military involvement is necessary over in Iran, that's a stretch. I mean, as long as is Ron's fingers aren't directly on the trigger, then you're gonna have a difficult leap to get from something happens here to a justification for further attacks on Iran. So be ever vigilant and be careful. And you know I would argue, don't participate in don't get involved in the craziness, because there's going to be a lot of craziness out there. There already is, and I just only see it as getting more in the aftermath of this. It's one more thing for people to protest about. As if we didn't have enough things to protest about. They already started this anti strike on Iran protest not very well attended. If you see the photographs, it'll it's actually worthy of a chuckle. But this is just getting started. A forty six fifty five Kara see the talk station. Feel free to call, be right back after these brief words fifty five the talk stage one more time from the Channel nine first one to weather forecast Heat advisory in effect Sunday today ninety four were the heat index in one hundred to one hundred and five territory. That's going to be the same tomorrow overnight to night seventy four. Claisky got a chance of storms in the afternoon tomorrow, coupled with a high ninety four and that heat index overnight clear in seventy two ninety three with a big heat index and a better chance. They're saying for pop up storms on Wednesday, eighty degrees. Now time for final traffic. Chuck Ingram from.
Speaker 8: The UCL Traffic Center. You see health.
Speaker 10: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at UCHealth dot com. Sethbound seventy one. There's broken down in the center lane above the Reagan Highway.
Speaker 3: After you've got to pay a stiffer.
Speaker 10: That traffic back eight up to two seventy five southbound seventy five continues slow and in outa Wachland northbound seventy five getting better between Buttermilk and Kyle's Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Eight fifty to fifty five KRSD talk station Christopher Smithaman this morning all about crime and the failure of the City of Cincinnati elected officials to really say anything in support of the police and the headlines this morning they didn't get to the local ones. We had a shooting in downtown this morning at seventh and Walnut, twenty nine year a woman got shot in a thigh after a brawl. All the other headlines man hospitalized after shooting in downtown Cincinnai. This one on yesterday. Guy got shot at third and Walnut. Crawled all the way up to the Kroger on Central Parkway, where he collapsed. It's okay, apparently no suspect on that one. One person got shot outside of a Forest Park restaurant. Happened Sunday afternoon, three pm. Mail thirty five years old, shot once in the chest. Condition currently unknown. No suspecting custody, Gallatin County. You're not free of it. Five juveniles attained. One still at large after at least one suspect opened fire at a vehicle and then led deputies on to chase. Happened Sunday morning. Man fatally shot mount Orbs. Suspecting custody in that case. Happened Sunday morning, three thirty in the morning, Brookshire Way. Twenty year old Ryan Ranke. The other one thirty nine year old Gary Teeter Theater, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds, pronounced dead at the scene. And a woman pulled a gun out during a parking lot dispute at a Northern Kentucky costco Florence, Kentucky. Do you think we're all on maybe a little bit of edge here, a little too much high tension, people willing to just do really stupid, stupid stupid things. Thank you, Joe Strecker. You know, it's like the world and people have turned into happy Gilmore. Remember that movie Hockey Player Plays Golf. They ended up getting to play golf because he had a drive. Anyway, his temper was Adam Sandler. I mean, you know, I'm not a fan, but his temper was just about as short as any temper could be, and he would just immediately resort to some violent act, like beating the living crap out of someone over something they said. There was kind of a funny, uh part of the movie where he and Bob Barker were playing in a pro am together and he tried to beat the crap out of Bob Barker, and Bob Barker beat the crap out of him. But the point being, we're all acting like that character. Cooler heads need to prevail, you know, in so far as this, you know, my concern over the growing number of protests and all these activists in the street and some of the violence that springs from it. I get this massive concern living in the back of my head this is going to provide if it gets worse, And it just seems with current state of affairs and my point about people having a short temper and engaging in terrible activities and their willingness to really literally break the law in the name of their cause, that if this grows, then it's going to provide this administration an excuse to declare martial law. How well would that go over? Suspension of the rid of Habeus corpus or means those evil police forces can pick you up and lock you up and maybe drop the key someplace and not explain to you, like Franz Kafka's the trial, what's you are charged with? Maybe they can't have anything and no lawyer can pull you out of jail. With the suspension of the rid of Habe's corpus a worst case scenario, I will agree, And maybe that's what the evil forces are looking for, a way to attack the system of government that would suspend your constitutional rights, a constitution that they all seem to uniformly hate. I don't know just make an observation, folks, but considering the gunman is dead after opening fire to religious church service having a Wayne Michigan, remember there is something you can do, and that is be prepared, a point I did make earlier in the program. This crazy guy, they think he was emotionally imbalanced. They had no prior records of him. He was not on a police radar anyway, armed in tactical gear, had a long gun and a handgun, and he started opening fire. Only one person got shot. No one died except the person who wanted to engage in what they believed to be was a mass shooting. They had a plan in place. They had security officials at the church, people who knew how to operate a firearm and successfully operated putting this crazy person down. When police are minutes away, seconds count. It helps if you're in the same position of these folks in Wayne, Michigan. If that church were Crosspoint Church. Congratulations for thinking ahead and preparing for hopefully something that never ever, ever ever would happen, but could have eight fifty five afty five KR see talk station Daniel Davis Deep Dives chamorrow. That should be a fascinating conversation with a retired lieutenant colonel military analyst, Breitbart Inside Scoop, the return of that phone calls, and a whole lot more topics to talk about it. I hope you can tune into the Morning Show tomorrow. Thank you Joe Stracker, Executi producer for Lina Up, Christopher Smith and Brian James. This morning again the podcast at fifty five krs dot com. I hope you have a wonderful day. Try to stay cool, folks, and check in on those folks who may be at risk of dealing with heat problems and milkle Wegg Glenn Becks up next. Big things are happening. This justin will tell you more at the top of the hour.
Speaker 4: What they are doing is terrorizing immigrant families.
Speaker 9: Fifty five KRS the talk station