Speaker 1: Lover Kane After Dark with Eric remembers the podcast You'll dig If you lucky, then you win and left so big. Vera's a love of ballunatic with above so brill the story.
Speaker 2: Is a crazy the real deal.
Speaker 1: Eric's the talent the people with sas, He's kind, He lever gets the kind of crash a Claire Brush, the show's er quaint third always in the note, we guarantee to.
Speaker 2: Make you laugh. Plus sure we're late. Don't go your seat belts and don't be late. Here we go. Get ready, it'll be great on with the show.
Speaker 3: Us day.
Speaker 2: I missed the days where I could talk to you and tell you things.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're going to start off this podcast.
Speaker 2: Can we start off the podcast? I have one question?
Speaker 3: No, no, because this is necessary. We're all going to take a deep breath for three seconds, hold it for three seconds, and then let it out for three seconds, and then we're going to start the podcast and I will explain everything and you can ask your question.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: Ready one? Two? Anyway, Hello, welcome.
Speaker 2: Before the storm. I'm not sure. I'm a little frightened. I may repete a little while you were doing your breath's exercises, my brother.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, we uh Tuesday night. Usually we live stream on Monday nights. But Mama, uh, I was just you know, when you just you have one of those days. And look, I am extremely grateful for many many things in my life. I do not have it bad. I do not have problems like when in comparison to others. Okay, However, that said, there are a few things going on.
Speaker 2: Boy, have you got problems that.
Speaker 3: Are completely overwhelming me? And yesterday I decided that you guys are podcast family, You and Claire and our close friends and everybody who knows me would understand, Hey, it's okay. If we live stream on a Tuesday night, it's not going to be an issue. Nobody is going to care, Nobody is going to pass away. Right.
Speaker 2: You're lucky that I'm still alive.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad that you were available to do this on a Tuesday, as Clare and you two as well. I don't know if you saw the video I made yesterday slaying in the traffic department, yes, with the doors locked, slaying on Elvis's bed, who's no longer allowed at ihearts duty for pooping for a pooping incident into in the sales department. That was a while ago. So anyway, so I was laying down and I decided to just explain to you why we weren't having a podcast on Monday night. And I'm sure everybody can relate to one of those days when you just literally can not, right, you just can't.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot. I'm sitting next to mister Perfect, the one who everybody recognizes, and thanks for all the hard work.
Speaker 2: You're welcome everyone.
Speaker 3: We won't even go there. But so the live stream starts at seven. Usually I get home from work on a Monday night around like four point thirty, where I can get out all of the equipment, set up, all the stuff, plug in all the whoreror do this, do that? I mean, there's a lot of moving parts when it comes to putting this on. Think you wouldn't think so. You wouldn't think so boy looking at it.
Speaker 2: But truly, it really is a lot of work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there's one person who does it because Claire is uh literally works at three in the morning, and I don't want her to do anything else because I show up and then leave because I don't want to lose her.
Speaker 2: I've made the sacrifice. I know.
Speaker 3: You be quiet because it's me that sets everything up. It's not I'm not complaining that. I'm not complaining, so then I contribute nothing. No, you just show up so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, we've received several comments about Claire being an incredible addition to our poscion's delight, and we are not doing anything to lose her. Why are you? I just don't want you to do anything about is bullying me.
Speaker 2: I will.
Speaker 3: I will beat him up for you. Wow, I will go there.
Speaker 4: You guys should have seen just before the camera's roll, he was yelling at me.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's so mean to me.
Speaker 4: And I have receipts.
Speaker 3: It's got to be a scandal. Oh my gosh. Remember the person who used to say I have the receipts? Oh yeah, oh god, that is that brings that gives us PTSD.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna trauma dump any second.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: Okay, so proceed. I just got home twenty minutes ago and set everything up because I had to read you a story that's it airing tomorrow during Cogo's AM six hundred morning news program which is awesome, which Claire directs and amazing on from five am to nine am, and it often will feature stories that I do. I do a lot of the feature stories, and this week we're doing Cogo in the community ocean Side all the things that make ocean Side special. So I had to do my four minute long feature piece for tomorrow morning. And now my boss I think so highly of her, and I really appreciate when she gives me criticism because it's always constructive and she's just trying to make me better. Right, today I had a little temper tantrum. Now, on a normal day, I'd be like, of course, that makes complete sense. I see what you're saying, which I did, but today I had to do it over again. And I'm not mad or anything, but that's what set me back so late.
Speaker 2: Did Momy have a meltdown? No, this is just a tempera tantrum.
Speaker 3: This all started this morning at six point thirty in the morning. No, this started at three.
Speaker 2: In the morning. Oh hell no.
Speaker 3: We have two new roommates for two months. They are friends. I'm going to be like, this is very vague. We know them who needed a place to stay for a couple of months. They did, you know, help us with the rent. And of course I'm gonna give somebody who I know who's in need a place to stay. So this person and her family member, being very vague, uh huh, they are staying in Hobvier's room. My other roommate, who I love tremendously, Marie, has her own room. So Antonio is now sleeping in my room. That said, I put up a pillow barrier because I don't want any touching going on. He has his own blankets. I have my own blankets. Enough said, nothing funny, no funny business. That doesn't happen anymore, and it won't. And he's a great person and I'm gonna make the sacrifice because this person is in need. Well, it was really warm last night. I was warm and through the pillow fort calms a foot, not by accidentally, because he was tossing and turning in his sleep and it was pressed against my ankle.
Speaker 2: Oops.
Speaker 3: No, And I was really hot and annoyed, and so I'm like I can't, So I came down here on the couch, set up camp down here. Mind you, four people are sharing my bathroom four four four and this morning, Antonio wakes up. He told me last night this factoid which I forgot about this morning, which was, hey, Laura, if you do eat the eggs this morning, I, I don't know think about it because they expired two days ago.
Speaker 2: Oh oh oh no.
Speaker 3: This morning Antonio was nice enough to say, hey, you want me to make you some eggs? I said, that would be really nice, thank you, and some tortillas. Oh, how great. And it was like seven o'clock in the morning, so the six thirty, well, I forgot about the egg expiration.
Speaker 2: Oh no.
Speaker 3: So a couple of hours later, I was not feeling good at all. I was like, I had to lay down in the fetal position. I wasn't gonna puke because I don't puke now. I had to get ready for work, and for forty minutes, the bathroom that is shared by now four of us was occupied. Somebody on the one of the members of this family is male and young yish twenty ish, was in there for playing music. I don't know what. I didn't hear any water going on, so I'm like, I got a goal. I have to brush my teeth. I luckily I put my makeup out in my room I have to use the restroom. Oh my gosh. So I'm just like, Okay, I can't. So I get in my car outside in the driveway. I have a toothbrush in my glove compartment and toothpaste. I had some water that's boiling hot because it was sitting in the sun, and I brushed my teeth in my car in my driveway and spit it out in my driveway. There. That's how my work day started.
Speaker 2: That that sounds like a living hell. So that's however, you don't know how long I would have lasted in that situation.
Speaker 3: What was I supposed to do?
Speaker 2: Two seconds?
Speaker 3: Was I supposed to do? I did, But I tried to make a big thing for Oh my god. Anyway, get to work, Uh do the story. I really was. This story was going to be award winning because I was put I put a lot of work into like the the sounds to like the sounds of walking on the deck. It was about the Ocean Side pier and the ocean sounds and you know, the seagulls and people talking. Because it was about the importance of the pier. I had interviewed them, the mayor of Ocean Side, and it was a four minute story that I was putting together. Well, I worked a long time on it, and then that's when my boss said, you know what, this kind of doesn't sound right. You're writing is good, but this isn't. And she was right, it didn't sound great, but it was ararable.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now I said, okay, i'll I'll just recut the whole thing. You're right again. She wants to just make us better and I get that. So that's like five fifteen. Okay, I'm already an hour and fifteen minutes over my work. So I do the whole thing. I can't figure out where to put it. All these things. Then I can't find my car keys to get home, So then I call you. It's like six fifteen. I finally finish a story, Clare, it's in there. Think I pray, just look for Ocean Side Pure story, redo or final product, because that's what the name of it is, because I had to do it so many.
Speaker 2: Times and she wasn't being fancy. Redo is not spelled r e d eux no no.
Speaker 3: And so then I call Eric and he doesn't answer, of course, because he never does, and when I need him the most, because I wanted to tell him that we might be starting a little bit late, so I don't usually leave a message. As I was hanging up the phone, the bottle I was drinking out of spilled instead of one in my mouth and went down my shirt and I said the F word really loud you, not to you, but just to life and my shirt and the bottle in general. Well, you heard the message and thought I had just said that to you so horribly and so loud and viciously that you sent me a picture to punish me. And I didn't appreciate that at all. Claire, do you know my phobia of small, small patterns and tiny holes together. I'm aware of this, okay, one of the things I can't look at very close range, especially magnified as a strawberry because of the seeds. He sends me this picture to punish me, and I thought I was gonna be He goes, no, I didn't send you a picture of anybody throwing up or any kind of deep holes or anything. So I look at the picture. It's a strawberry, and it's start with my ad. I go, and I can tell he was still at home at six point thirty. I'm like, get your ass in the car again. Here we were shouting out. So then I call Claire and my Claire, we're doing the show. It might start up a little late. That's okay, kind of had a day and all right. So all that said, if that's the worst it gets for me on any given day, I'm a very lucky person.
Speaker 2: Right Well, I have to interject, because there's something we need to discuss, oh amongst ourselves and amongst our viewers, listeners, subscribers, and orders. I would like to address Mommy's filthy trash mouth. Because Mommy's mouth, because I did call her back, and this is the thing. I love it when she gets mad, because I will just send a picture. Like I didn't take offense to the message. I just immediately was like okay and just said a picture. So but when I got her on the phone, I felt like I was talking.
Speaker 3: To don't even don't eat someone with Tourette syndrome. I was gonna say, don't even uh, sugarcoat it. Don't degrade sailors, Like do you know a lot of people say, oh, you talk like sailors. Sailors don't even talk about a truck driver or a truck drive. No, don't insult them, Okay. I was stewing out every bad word in the whole wid Oh, in my car, I was screaming.
Speaker 2: And you know me who's pure of heart.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't do that on the podcast, like I was doing it in my car and.
Speaker 2: You, Oh, I thought it was I thought my ears were going to fall.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I had to get it out and I knew that. Well. I didn't think you judged me, but you did judge me.
Speaker 2: Oh, just call me judge Judy.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that was my day. Then. Oh, I purchased something incredible on TMU. Oh boy, it's a big giant disco ball with this really cool lighting system. So it was perfect for the podcast. Like we played last Yes episode, Well, guess what. The hook fell out of the ceiling and it came crashing down on the floor. Oh and now it's sitting outside all broken to pieces.
Speaker 2: Oh is that why it was out there?
Speaker 3: Yes, so there's my big disco ball.
Speaker 2: Did you return it?
Speaker 3: No, it was my fault. I think I made a hole in the ceiling where there. I think you need to have a beam in order to hook something that's that heavy, right, right, So that was me just being stupid. Okay, so I'm done with my rant in my day and everything. How is everybody else today, Claire?
Speaker 2: How are you? I'm pretty good?
Speaker 3: Yeah? How was work today? It was everything good? Let everything go as well as could possibly be. It's pretty regular. Had a good show. We had a good show, right the hush nice? Yeah? Okay? And then you had a good little nappy. I had a great nappy.
Speaker 4: I'm feeling rejuvenated.
Speaker 3: Love it. Yeah. How was work today for you? Did you run into any ne'er do wells or anybody they give you any trouble evildoers?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh good, you had a good deal work.
Speaker 2: I was fine until Laura traumatized me.
Speaker 3: Nine until you gotta talk with me. Okay. So I'm really about this episode because there's a movie I was supposed to see with you on Saturday night. I don't remember what happened.
Speaker 2: But I this is me Laura. The movie starts at seven pm.
Speaker 3: Crickets, this is me not remembering that I said I was gonna go. I don't even remember.
Speaker 2: She doesn't remember her problem, I don't remember getting everything. One of us is going to be in a home sooner than the other.
Speaker 3: Now this movie is something that I have been dying to see. I almost went Sunday to see You by myself, and that is something I don't like doing. I won't go eat dinner by myself. I don't wrong with that. Seeing a movie by yourself makes me really.
Speaker 2: Really sad.
Speaker 4: I think I know what movie it is.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'm gonna put the whiny dog outside for two seconds. Eric start. Just give the background of the movie, but don't give your review until I get the dog out here. Okay, tell everybody what you.
Speaker 2: Saw, and then, well I saw a couple so I'll talk about it in my Hollywood report. But Saturday night I went and saw Disclosure Day, the new Steven Spielberg film with Emily Blunt, and surprisingly, I liked it very much. Okay, I'll talk about everything while she's gone, But Noah's very good. Emily Blunt was spectacular in it. A lot of people didn't like the ending. A lot of the reviews online people are kind of trashing the ending. I didn't mind it, but it was a it was a very good movie.
Speaker 3: How long was it?
Speaker 2: Two hours and twenty minutes?
Speaker 3: Okay? On your Facebook page, you were like, ohmg, like I loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 3: The movie is called Disclosure and Disclosure Day well okay, yes, And the the rumors behind it, or the controversy is that this is the government's way of soft launching us into some very vital information that we're about to receive that we are.
Speaker 2: Not alone in the universe, And it's explained very well in the movie.
Speaker 3: Do you now believe that we are not alone in the universe? I think it changes his mind because you were like, so, oh, there's no such thing as aliens. There's some such things as the spacecraft. There's no such things in the area fifty four or whatever. Fifty one, no, forty five.
Speaker 2: I mean it was entertaining. Am I gonna completely change my mind? Now?
Speaker 3: Were there aliens in it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Did they look like the aliens from Close Encounters the third kind?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Because you do realize there are six different types of aliens. There are the reptilian ones. They are the grays, They're the Nordics.
Speaker 2: These are the ones that had the heads that look like a guitar pick. And then the big eyes.
Speaker 3: Are the big alban dies. Are the grays are the gray?
Speaker 2: Ah? Yes?
Speaker 3: Were they good?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay? So there are two schools of thought. One school of thought is that these beings that some of us believe have come to Earth before, especially during nuclear testing, and when nuclear weapons came into play, a lot of sightings started happening then, as if these beings were like, uh oh, we got to stop this civilization or they're going to damage not only themselves but possibly are surrounding because they're so powerful. So did they like cover that at all?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Uh not? The like, yes, they a little bit, they did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, disclosure dates. Now that what does Emily Blunt play?
Speaker 2: Her character is very complex. She plays a newscaster or a weather girl and something happens and I'm not gonna say what because it's a it's a crucial part of the movie that really plays into it.
Speaker 3: So the one school of thought is that they're here to help us say stop it, don't and destroy whatever. The other school of thought is they're coming and they are going to take over all of our resources and kill us all because they want our planet.
Speaker 2: The movie was not a it wasn't like a warning. Okay, it was done very well.
Speaker 3: Does it make sense when I say that some people think this could be like a little bit of an easy way, an easy way into telling the world that they are real. Yes, okay, I think you've changed your mind.
Speaker 2: I haven't changed my mind.
Speaker 3: Oh an alien freak like way.
Speaker 2: But it was a good movie.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I want to see it. I want to stream it's so bad. I just don't know how to get it illegally. I would have to get it illegally, right, because it's not out of anything. Yeah. Wow, I saw a movie that was I think illegal because in the background there.
Speaker 2: Was like somebody.
Speaker 3: You could tell that somebody had videoed it from a chair in a movie theater. So I'm not exactly sure how I ended up on this streaming service. But it was Hokum, the one with Adam Scott. You and Adam Scott from this severance. I know Adam Scott. I don't never heard of Hokum. Oh it's good.
Speaker 2: It just looks terrible.
Speaker 3: It's really it's campy, but in a really freaky way. It's really freaky. It's about like an old hotel. He's an author, he has a writer's block. It's like this whole.
Speaker 2: Thing, like the shining.
Speaker 3: Similar vibes, similar vibes, similar vibes, Yes, that's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: I watched. I don't think I talked about this, did I It was so bad I blocked it out. Keeper.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I who's in?
Speaker 2: I don't even know. Avoid it at all costs.
Speaker 3: It was I know bee Keeper was a movie, right beep?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's with my boyfriend Jason. Yes, this is just Keeper. This was called Keeper. It's done by Osgar Perkins, who did the Monkey. He did Long Legs. He's the son of Anthony Perkins. I did not like this one at all. I love the Monkey. I did not like this one.
Speaker 3: I've heard of them.
Speaker 2: It's about a couple that goes to this house in the woods and I can't even tell you what happened. I didn't even finish watching it. It was a snoozefest.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. Okay, Okay, Well, there's something that I think I'm going to wait to try on Thursday's podcast before I want you to do your double D news someone. I think we should launch right into that, okay, and then i'll tell you after the double D what what I'm going to try. And if this works, it will be a miracle, and I'm going to do it live Oh my god, I can't wait. We'll do it live.
Speaker 2: We'll do it live, all right, A lot of stuff. I have a lot of stuff. No surprise here. I'm surprised it didn't happen before they were together for over a decade. Jelly Roll and Bunny XO are divorcing. He filed on May eighteenth.
Speaker 3: I saw that story and there wasn't much to it. No, like, well, if he's filing, either he's.
Speaker 2: He cited he did something, or he cited reconcilable differences. This is what.
Speaker 3: Makes me angry because then that because I'm nosy.
Speaker 2: No, this is what I'm I'm predicting. What. So, you know she's been on the she wrote a book that's a New York Times bestseller about them, about her called Bunny XO.
Speaker 3: Is she a porn star?
Speaker 2: No, she was a stripper. Oh, I don't know she did porn or not. I'm not sure. But she led a life before she met him. And I'll bet you anything. This book just came out a couple of months ago. She's been on the circuit promoting it. I don't I watched an interview with her on Howard Stern. I think she had said he hadn't read it. I'll bet he did and was shocked by the stuff. He read it and was like, I can't be married, not.
Speaker 3: If he wants to continue to have a decent career. Yeah, like I can't if it's bad.
Speaker 2: Because it was a lot like what she was talking about on Stern, I was like, holy smoke, Oh my goodness. I mean everybody has a pass I get it, but I was like, boy, us up past and some people just can't get past it, you know.
Speaker 3: Well, and we don't know what goes on behind exactly.
Speaker 2: Who knows. Maybe she could be a super freak.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I love this show. It's on Netflix. I watched every season. They're starting their tenth season selling Sunset. You hate it, I love it.
Speaker 3: I can't stand those two twin dudes.
Speaker 2: Oh I know the little the little ball twins. Okay, So Christine Quinn, who was on the first couple of seasons, who is the big villain. She got married, married a nightmare, got divorced. He was terrible to her. She is back shooting season ten. Now they've had a whole cast upset, like some people are off, some people are still on. So I cannot wait for season ten to air is going to be good.
Speaker 3: The big reality show everybody's talking about on that vein is Summer House because this person had an affair with that person. He was married and this friend they were friends. And no, no, no, no no, did you read my notes?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I stole your thunder great, thanks Kane straight from LA I'm sorry, exclusive correspondent. I just averd about West Wilson, who is gross. He's disgusting.
Speaker 3: He's saying or just acting they're all beautiful people.
Speaker 2: He's always biting his nails and he's he's on so many beta blockers.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, what are beta blockers? And should be?
Speaker 2: They mellow you out so like I could literally.
Speaker 3: Am I allowed to take them as a solober person?
Speaker 2: Probably not all. I mean, they turned you into like a zombie. So if you saw him on the Summer House reunion, Andy Cohen flat out asked him and the girl, are you guys on beta blockers? Because nothing was affecting them. They just sat there like zombies, like, no no emotion, no nothing.
Speaker 3: Can you just buy these things that end like G and C or whatever?
Speaker 2: No, you have to have them prescribed by I.
Speaker 4: Think either your doctor prescribes.
Speaker 3: Them where you're getting them illegally.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah, I'm not telling a secret. I'm not. He did say he took them.
Speaker 3: Okay, is it like xanax or something?
Speaker 2: Uh no, No, it's more like a complete like mellows you out heroin. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Anyway, the thing I think Okay, I don't really know much about it.
Speaker 2: They block something in your root, in your brain that receives like it doesn't allow you to really react to anything.
Speaker 3: Okay, I need an ID of that, right right?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Stata. But no, he's gross and the fact that he has dated all these gorgeous women. I'm like, there must be something that I'm not seeing because he's got a gross personality. He's not cute, just gross.
Speaker 3: He probably has charm, charisma he does not, and a big wiener.
Speaker 2: Ugh maybe god no, because apparently Dick pick Scott sent out of him and it was not impressive. So I don't know what it is. Maybe he's good with his fingers. Tyra Banks so on Netflix right now. It's the documentary that everybody's talking about about America's Next Top Model.
Speaker 3: It came out a little while ago, but yes, I think in like may or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes she is now because she looked so bad in the documentary. She's now suing Netflix for defamation, saying Netflix use sixteen minutes from a three hour interview and spun it to support a false and defamatory narrative.
Speaker 3: The documentary is basically about how these models and these girls were treated and how when they finally won their prize or the winner, never did get anything what they were promised right and apparently.
Speaker 2: Well in the biggest, the biggest kind of bomb. I mean everybody that watched the show saw it. There was a model named Shandy and all the girls, which this was weird to me, and I remember when I watched it, I was like, are these girls under twenty one?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Because there was alcohol in the house. They had all these male models there. They were drinking in the hot tub and she got assaulted by a male model in the shower while cameras were rolling and nobody did anything to stop it. So then when Tyra Banks had her own show, The Tire Banks Show, the talk show, she had some of these models on. Shandy was one of them. Shandy said, I've never seen the episode. I don't ever want to see it because she was in a relationship at the time and the guy was like, she told him what happened and he was like, I'm done and he broke up with her. I think it was her fiance. So she said, I've never seen the episode. I never want to see the episode, and Tyra's like, let's roll the tape of that moment that it happened, which sent that girl into a tailspan, which was really mean. Like if I said something like I've never seen this video of me, like falling down or whatever, and then somebody's like, oh, let's show it, it would be embarrassing. Yes, So she's claiming, oh, no, I didn't have any part of the production, like blah blah blah. Well everybody has gone on. Everybody that not everybody but key people like j Manuel who.
Speaker 3: Was one of the well he was one of the Yeah, he was the one that would help them transform them.
Speaker 2: Yes, and he said she and Ken Mack, who was the producer, had their hands in everything. So I don't know if it's just because she's not really relevant anymore that this is all going on, but I mean, that's probably the worst thing she could do, is now threatened to sue because she comes off not looking good at all. Oh no. And then you know the big tall guy that taught him how to walk Miss Jay, Yeah, he had like a stroke or something terrible happened healthwise, and she never went and saw them. And then they were talking about how they all got fired, and she spun it to say, oh no, that's not what it was, and near all like, no, that's what it was. Like. She didn't have the decency to come to us and tell.
Speaker 3: Us, do you know what's going on with the Blake Lively thing?
Speaker 2: That's all done?
Speaker 3: Is it done? Did they settle?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they settled out of court, and she didn't get anything that she was asking for.
Speaker 3: Did he get anything?
Speaker 2: I don't think I forgot.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I don't think he really did either. No, I don't think he got anything from her. Do you remember Jean Shellout from the Today Show who did the movie reviews and stuff like that, with the big curly black hair and the mustache, the glasses. He died at a hundred he was he was one hundred years old.
Speaker 3: Wo Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh man, he made it all right. So we are going to talk about some stuff on HBO. Max. It just came out on Friday. It was out in theaters. It got fairly good reviews. It's a movie called They Will Kill You and it's about a girl that goes to work at a hotel it's full of satanists, okay, and she becomes the target.
Speaker 3: Is it eighty four?
Speaker 2: No, it's not, But it was. It was funny. It was it whipped along at a speed like it was super fast. It like it's the fastest ninety minutes I've ever It was a great movie.
Speaker 3: Side note, isn't normal for somebody to be able to watch like a dateline or a documentary about a man who stalks and viciously kills his girlfriend and chops her up in pieces and throws her in the ocean, and that is able to go okay, night night and want to sleep.
Speaker 2: Now I do it all the time.
Speaker 3: Is that normal? Oh?
Speaker 2: I do it all the time.
Speaker 3: Because I was teaking about that the other night, I'm like, wait, I don't think this is normal where I can watch something like this and then just go okay, ninety night, what do you? And I'm not that way. It gives me, It doesn't give me nightmares.
Speaker 4: It just makes me sad.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's just interesting to me that I guess that people are capable.
Speaker 2: Of something and what people do, and then I think that they're going to get away with it. Like I'm like, I.
Speaker 4: Used to have a higher tolerance for that stuff before I worked in the news.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now I'm.
Speaker 4: Going to work and I'm like, well, this guy, you know, allegedly dismembered his landlord and this other you know what I mean, all this whatever.
Speaker 3: It because when it became more real to you, Yeah, it's more real now.
Speaker 4: So when I'm off work, I'm like, I only watch fun stuff and I only read books about mermaids.
Speaker 2: Like I watched five date lines in a row.
Speaker 4: Last night, and you didn't get sad.
Speaker 2: No, I was riveted.
Speaker 3: And then I went Night Night they Keith Morrison.
Speaker 2: Yes. Oh, and then and then I watched some with the two, the guy and the girl the date Line twenty twenty ones. Oh yeah, yea where they talked about like this. I'm on one right now. Were this girl in college she gets a stalker like one of her classmates, and she gets a residency in a completely different state and he shows up in that state. She gets a sick your restraining order and is the second that restraining order was up. He shows up. She's now moved to a completely different state, and he shows up there and kidnaps her. Oh no, and has built a soundproof room in a storage unit and has her handcuffed in there and that's where I am right now, and said he'll let her out if she sleeps with him, and she was.
Speaker 3: Like, hell, no, I'm watching something called Squatters.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the Kelly rip up Mark Kenzuelos on Hulu. They have to do Squatters, Get the fuck out of my house.
Speaker 3: No, it's just it's a series. It's like a documentary series. Oh they did. Yeah, okay, well obviously because you're you're in man, you're in property.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, I didn't know that. It takes a lot of work, a lot of paperwork, and a lot of time to get somebody, oh a renter, Yes, out of your house.
Speaker 2: Yes. During the oh during COVID it was they were so back logged. It took forever.
Speaker 3: It follows the stories of these landlords or whoever trying to get these people, like one guy, it was his mom's home, the house he grew up in, and these people they weren't even renters. They just showed up one day and started living there. And then it takes I mean, it takes time in court, it takes paperwork, it takes the police. You can't just kick them out. They have rights, they have they have.
Speaker 2: Rights than the than the did you see the one yet of the house in Malibu where the guy in his roommate lived there and they rented a room to this girl who is a complete grifter and she had done this all over Malibu. Oh my, And they finally they got her because the police showed up and they said, can you come outside for a moment, And the minute she got outside, they changed the locks. And because she moved in, never paid a lick of rent.
Speaker 3: And they're always a mess, they always screw everything up.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, dirty and like wealthy.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. Yeah, it's really interesting, and it's just it's so backwards.
Speaker 2: So I had a friend who bought a house in Vegas. He rented it, he lived here, he rented it to a couple and one night his neighbors called and said, hey, did you what's going on at your house? And he's like, what do you mean? And he goes, well, there's a moving van that's up there and they're taking everything out, like appliances. He had to hop on a plane fly to Vegas. By the time he got there, they were gone. They took all the cabinets, everything out of the house. The house was like a shell inside they took everything.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmmm anything else I'm having my.
Speaker 2: So anyway they will kill you was fantastic, So watch it on Netflix. There is a documentary that just came out on Friday called Maternal Instinct. Have you watched it?
Speaker 3: No, you've seen it.
Speaker 2: Must sit down tonight and watch it. It is insane. Okay, it's a crime documentary and I'm not going to say one word just what you can't believe how people are like. I mean, this is beyond beyond the links that a normal person would go to. And I saw last week I got to go to a sneak peek of the new Rapaul movie called Stop That Train and good it okay, and the three drag queens in it were hilarious. So it's like an homage to Airplane and the Naked Gun and all that, and I get it. This for me was a little like I like funny movies when they're just flat out stupid, like I love The Naked Gun and an Airplane, but gags can go on too long. It's almost like an SNL skit that just goes on for ninety minutes and you're like, okay, let's like the New Naked Gun. I thought Pamela Anderson and Liam Neeson were great in it. They were. Their comic timing was great, but there were there were little skits that they kept repeating them, and like poop jokes that just went on and on and on, and you're like, okay, let's wrap this up. So there were some funny gags. Would I rush out to a theater and see it? No? Would I watch it on streaming?
Speaker 3: Sure, my sweet beloved, dearest Jerry in Heaven and I loved this one. Comedy. And I don't know if you've ever seen it or if you've ever seen it, but I don't generally like comedy movies. This one I laughed out loud by myself. I was in hysterics. It's called Bad Trip. It's with Eric Andre. Have you heard of that actor? Watch it tonight? Will you please?
Speaker 2: You told me about it? I got about five minutes.
Speaker 3: You'd so disappointed. I'm really disappointed. It was a bad trip, Hlarious. Give it. Go past the car wash scene, get to the scene where they're at the bar, and then it gets going. You're going to time.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think I want to give it a second chance?
Speaker 3: Anything else, Darling?
Speaker 2: Uh No?
Speaker 3: Okay, Claire, do you have anything to bestow upon us before we talk about the Fine Old Globe and conclude this this episode?
Speaker 4: I don't think.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: What have I been watching?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: The first episode of the Vampireless status. It's it's good. I feel like I'm putting in the work now to have a big reveal later. Like it's kind of confusing now, but like I'm trusting that we're setting the stage for something, for it all to come together.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you're working hard and paying attention to the storyline. You can't just watch this half assed. Yeah, Okay, I see what you're saying, all right, but I trust.
Speaker 4: That there's it's different, I think if you've read the books.
Speaker 2: But I haven't run the books.
Speaker 3: So okay.
Speaker 2: Oh, and they just finished rapping They just wrapped shooting The Exorcist with Mike Flanagan's The Exorcist with Scarlett Johansson.
Speaker 3: What does she play?
Speaker 2: She plays like Regga McNeil's mom.
Speaker 3: Oh, is it a remake?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know if it's a remake, but I guess they're saying it is scary as hell.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And I love that movie, The Exorcist. It's one of my favorite movies.
Speaker 3: Do you think that they could remake The Shining ever?
Speaker 2: Well, it sounds like they did with this thing you saw.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, it's totally different than that, but that one. I don't think that you should ever ever touch that Exorcist. I think it's kind of the same thing. But we'll see, all right now, there are many things that you need to see at the fine Old Globe. There are several things running right now, and then we'll get to the thing we really want you to see. You need to buy tickets for now begin again. Yes, but first of all, right now, because there are three stages at the Old Globe, there are, yes, and it's in Bulbo Park in case you didn't know, but it is the Gym of Bubbol Park. It's an incredible, beautiful theater, so fun to see live theater. Right now, the own Bras are playing until June twenty.
Speaker 2: First, we have a friend of that last night instead it was fantastic.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, oh great, okay, Sirrah, and No starts on July eighteenth. Measure for Measure is going on right now until July twelfth, and then we have Begin again Much You do about Nothing and then Begin Again starts in September. Yes, Now, this is the one that is the musical of the whole season, and it's gonna be incredible. This one is they're hoping and thinking. It's Broadway bound and it's something you really need to see. Now. When you do call or go online to get your tickets, you can pick and choose. You can buy your tickets to see one show. You can see like why as many.
Speaker 2: As you want.
Speaker 3: Seriously, it's really fun date night or really fun friendnight, fun night on your own.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can call six one nine two three four five six two three or go online at Wwwtholdglobe dot org.
Speaker 3: Next episode two Things. I received one two three four five packages from Timu. I don't remember what I ordered at all, so we're going to open them live on.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is the unboxing is going to be great.
Speaker 3: I don't know, because it could be really really embarrassing. I have no idea what I have.
Speaker 2: No clue this is going to be amazing.
Speaker 3: What if it's like like like probiotics for like a nice smelling badge or something like. What if it's like something horrible?
Speaker 2: Well, let me put on my big surprise face.
Speaker 3: Shut up. And then I got a product that I've seen on not only on Instagram, but on something else, and I bought it, and I'm going to try it live or not live, but on camera, and we're going to see. I don't understand how this could possibly work.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what it is. So you're not telling me.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not. Okay, I'll give you a hint. It has something to do with self tanning. Oh brother, it is so awful that we're gonna try it.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be great.
Speaker 3: It it's either gonna be awful or the best thing that's ever been created.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's coming up.
Speaker 3: On our Thursday episode. Thank you so much for being patient and waiting for Tuesday for our live show and first to come out, and thank you for being cool, oh and kind.
Speaker 2: And before I meant to say this at the beginning of the show, guess what just opened up right around the corner from your house.
Speaker 3: Mister Charlielie. I know instead of happy meals, they have frownie meals. I know because it's all vegan.
Speaker 2: And it's supposed to taste just like McDonald's.
Speaker 3: Vegetarian or vegan all vegan veget I mean it's no meat. All you know is there's no meat. It's gonna be great. It's where the old Chuckole lot yes was. I can't wait. I know.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited for that.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Thank you so much. I feel so much better. I love you, guys. I love you. I love you, and I love all of you our podcast family, and love your podcast.
Speaker 2: I love you too. Thank you, love your podcast.
Speaker 3: Love you my sweet babies. Bye guys, Bye,