Speaker 1: Once again, Welcome to the minnesod Goodbye. Is there anything we want to prelude the show with today? Is there anything we want to discuss in advance? Or are we going to dive right into the emails?
Speaker 2: It's Friday?
Speaker 1: It is? Yeah, how's that? But people might listen to this on a Sunday, but it is a Friday.
Speaker 3: I am doing something very unique this weekend that I'm very curious how it's going to go. I'm playing in a wheelchair basketball tournament.
Speaker 1: Are you going to be in a wheelchair?
Speaker 3: I am Yeah. I'm pretty sure that's the requirement for everyone, because.
Speaker 1: I seriously thought that was only for people who were confined.
Speaker 2: To a wheelchair, right, I thought so too.
Speaker 3: But it's a charity event that just started like within the last couple of years, and someone I know through the Timberwolves, I think he honestly organizes all of it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I was looking at photos.
Speaker 3: Because at first I was like, Ah, that doesn't really seem like politically correct.
Speaker 1: That's the first thing I thought, Yeah, But.
Speaker 3: Then I was looking at photos from last year and like, no, there's everyone plays in a wheelchair just to like be because you're playing against other wheelchair athletes and so.
Speaker 1: Like their genuine wheelchair athletes.
Speaker 2: So you get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna get your ask.
Speaker 2: Oh I I'm a not good at basketball. B yes, I will get my ass kicks. So we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 3: But I'm very excited for that because it's just something super fun, unique, and it's a charity event to raise money for the organization, so.
Speaker 1: That is super cool. I admire you. I'm not a basketball person. That is won my weakness. I hated basketball day and Jim we had a station basketball team. We were called the basket Cases back when I was about nineteen years old, and I sucked. I was so bad. I remember one time the general manager, who was good, I would get the ball. They pass it to me out of like charity. They passed me the ball and I wouldn't know what to do, so I my head would dart around travel I probably would do everything wrong and I would like then pass it immediately to somebody. And the general manager got my face one time during the heated game and he said can't you shoot? And I felt so honest, fucking yes, so fucking belittled and no I did go back, but it's still it really upset me because it was embarrassing and it was and one of the other DJs was very kind. He's like, don't let him bother you. He's an asshole. And I'm like, yeah, so I don't really. I stay away from basketball. I stay away from two things, basketball and dancing because I cannot do either one. You guys do it, well, let's do this TikTok dance, and I'm like, no, number one, I can't dance number two. Nothing looks stupider than a guy my age doing a TikTok dance, especially if you can't dance.
Speaker 2: What if you were.
Speaker 3: We don't really try to make you do like huge choreograph dances. It's usually just something where it's like, all right.
Speaker 1: One couldn't do that way either, remember that one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: Caging doctor B emergency emergency, caging doctor be emergency. Well, you guys are like no, and I was bringing like, are you idiot?
Speaker 2: One this way, the arm goes this way.
Speaker 1: I couldn't do it. I couldn't do it. I stay away from this stuff. All right. Now, let's dive in tell y'all emails. Here we go with Sarah. Question came to me while listening to today's show. Do your radio executives care that you beg people to add your show as a preset? Beg feels like a negative word in this context. I'm not trying to be rude, but when you say things like we're on the chopping block if we don't get presets, now, I know you're saying it tongue in cheek, but just curious. Have a great day from Sarah. You know we're not going to get fired and we're not going to get in trouble. But they definitely do appreciate and acknowledge when we get a bunch of presets because they we have certain things like that they want us to do, like they want us to plug more people listening on the iHeartRadio app, because let's face it, that's probably the way radio is going is fewer and fewer people. Do you have a radio? You have a clock radio? You have a clock radio on your nightstand?
Speaker 2: Uh No, I don't have any time on my nightstand.
Speaker 1: Okay, any generation, a generation to go, everybody had a clock radio on their nightstand. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I literally just took mine off not that long ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you have a radio on your kitchen counter? No, Okay, I grew up with a radio on my kitchen counter. Do you have any sort of a boombox portable radio at all?
Speaker 2: I have an ie home, but it's in the garage.
Speaker 3: Ye's where you could you used to be able to put your iPod in it and then play, but it also.
Speaker 2: Has a radio on it. Yeah, but I do have that in my garage.
Speaker 3: And I remember during COVID time that I had to like stay home for a week, and so I would listen on that because it was a quicker delay than.
Speaker 2: The iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I would listen on the terrestrial radio so I could keep up with you guys because I was still working.
Speaker 2: But I just had to be at home because or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think for a lot of people they have a car radio and other than that, they don't have a radio besides that. Yeah, I think I do somewhere in the house, but I don't listen to it. I listen in the car or on the iHeart Radio app. So anyway, they want us to promote the iHeart Radio app, which is actually a really really cool app. I like it. When I I'm out on a motorcycle ride, I will bluetooth it to the motorcycle and listen to either KTBB. I don't listen to KBB a lot. And the reason is I hear those songs all day. Yeah, it's kind of like, if you work at Red Lobster, are you going to go to dinner at Red Lobster? If you work at McDonald's, did you ever go to Bubba Gumps when you worked at Bubba's?
Speaker 3: No? God, No, I ate there all the time, like because of breaks. You know, you work at twelve or double so that's all you eat is Bubba's food, and then you never want.
Speaker 2: To go there.
Speaker 1: So and then they tell us, you know, hey, set us as a preset, and it just it's just something that and they can measure that. They can actually count the number of phones users subscribers that have us a preset.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they tell you one funny story that just came to mind. You said, dude, did I ever eat at Bubba's?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 3: However, my high school graduation or my college graduation, my parents came to town and my sisters and we did go out to eat at Bubba's because I had a discount.
Speaker 2: And they're like, let's just go out to eat there whatever.
Speaker 3: Of course, the one fucking server we got was like a guy I had just hooked up with, like a few months ago, like just happened to get put in his section. He was our server. My mom and dad have like a weird relationship. They get along and everything now, but like my mom acts a little obnoxious around him.
Speaker 2: So she was saying stupid shit and.
Speaker 1: I was just.
Speaker 2: She was like, my ketchup tastes like shrimp sauce. Were like, Mom, that's fucking cocktail sauce.
Speaker 1: You eighty.
Speaker 3: And then there's this guy who I just hooked up by then I'm like, oh my god, he must think I'd come from just a bunch of dumb, dumb stues.
Speaker 1: Oh that's funny. It's a good story, all right. Next one is my question for Bailey. I heard you join your church choir. I would love to know your three favorite songs that you were learning or singing at church. I'm a music director at church and I would love to hear what others are doing it. Thank you, oh man.
Speaker 4: Well, so the reason I joined the choir was because every two years, for like the Lens series, they do Broadway, and so I literally joined so that I could do the Broadway series, so like we sang for Good and to Find Gravity from Wicked, and we sang make Them Hear You from rag Time and Seasons of Love from Rent, and then our pastor works the lyrics into his sermons. So that's why I joined. I mean, there are other songs that like. Because I used to be in the choir like ten years ago, I don't remember a lot of those. Like I remember in the Bleak Midwinter, I remember singing that that was a nice song.
Speaker 2: But I don't know any of the names of the other like.
Speaker 1: Choir songs, So you're no help at all.
Speaker 4: Oh, no help at all.
Speaker 1: I love the traditional hymns because I grew up going to a very traditional church. Yeah, same, I do like them to Yeah, I love those, and I don't know whether they even sing those anymore. We do, and I mean we.
Speaker 4: Do kind of sing some traditional in our church because like the Christ, the Lord has risen today, Like I do like those the ones that everybody knows and holy, holy, holy, all of that stuff. I have like a list on my phone of my favorite hymns. So I do like traditional hymns. But I joined because we did a Broadway Series.
Speaker 1: Of course you did. Yeah all my mom, So thank you for that one, moving on to the next one.