Speaker 1: God channeling his dinner clerk get them dives makes the cat backhand sigh dustin off that gold globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 2: Wanna take your shot?
Speaker 3: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 4: Think you're looking real hot? Come in get it.
Speaker 5: We're here.
Speaker 3: The road comes through La.
Speaker 4: Come get it. If you won't it, I got it. Do you think you can beat this team in a series? It bist overall, Miss Dan Klass Padres.
Speaker 5: Fans can line up to kiss our ring.
Speaker 3: You gotta do what I do if you want my spot.
Speaker 6: Welcome to Dodgers on tack. Now your host walking you up to first pitch, Tim Kas.
Speaker 4: Dodger's gonna do it again in the hot desert of Arizona. Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deg Hope you're cooling off here on this hot Saturday afternoon early evening still to come. It is a hot one out there here in Los Angeles. Here world champion Dodgers twenty six and thirteen on the season, first place atop the NL West. After a dramatic come for behind win last night, the Dodgers and Diamondbacks are back at it tonight with the roof closed in Arizona. It's hot out there as well. Game three of this four game divisional series. Dustin May on the mound. First pitch from Chase Field is coming up at five to ten. Between then and now, here's what we're gonna get to here, Morago Casino, Dodgers on deck. We're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We're gonna hear from Blake Snell. David Vets will go one on one with the Dodger leftander. We'll preview this pitching matchup DV. We'll check in, of course throughout the show. I got your prize picks, double Play of the Day, your Dodgers magical Moment. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA. In a just a few minutes, we'll set it out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth. And here from Tim Neffert and Rick Monday. Well, last night in Phoenix, the Dodgers were up, then down, then up then down, then a dramatic ninth inning comeback for the win. Rookie Saki got this start. The young right hander would go four innings, giving up five runs on five hits. He put the Dodgers in an early hole, giving up home runs in the first. In the second, Dodgers down three to one, but they would come back and tie it and then take the lead in the third thanks to Andy Pius.
Speaker 7: Nobody out second and third chance for the Dodgers to take the lead. The go ahead runs at third. Andy pi has flied out deep to center. First time up.
Speaker 3: He swings that he reps it in the left.
Speaker 4: That's up, a set Smith is gonna score.
Speaker 7: Freeman Dingway Tom who will score, and Andy Pius gives the Dodgers the lead with a two run single. It is five to three Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Dodgers up five to three, and they weren't done. They would score five runs of the third to take an eight to three lead. They felt like they were good right until they weren't. Lord Is garrel a two run home run in the fourth and a grand slam off Anthony Bonda in the fifth, and the game was tied at eight. Oh my, the Snake took the lead in the sixth on a basis loaded walk given up by Luis Garcia should have been strike three. In the eighth, back to back home runs off Alex Vesia and the Diamondbacks, with eight unanswered runs, took an eleven to eight lead going to the ninth inning, and that's when things got interesting. Freddie Freeman a leadoff single, next batter Andedy Pie has an RBI double, Dodgers down eleven to nine. Next batter, Keith Gay, Hernandez an RBI double down the left field line that made it a one run game at eleven to ten. The very next batter, Max Muncie with the single to right that scored Keith Gay, and just like that, four batters into the ninth inning, the Dodgers had tied the game at eleven. Two batters later, Michael Confordo was hit by a pitch, so two on, one out, the lineup turned over to show, Hey.
Speaker 7: That's on deck, one out, two on, one ball, two strike pitch, and Otani swagsity hammer's a deep.
Speaker 1: Right field right back and gone a three run.
Speaker 3: Home run for show. Hell O, Tony, what a show?
Speaker 4: He is? Incredible. There's twelve home run Emma.
Speaker 2: Dodgers with a sixth spot on the ninth lead at fourteen to two eleven.
Speaker 3: Can you believe this?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: I cannot a three run home run for show Hey on a one to two pitch from reliever Ryan Thompson. Dodgers come all the way back six runs in the ninth and they beat the Diamondbacks fourteen to eleven. What a win. The Dodgers the only team in the modern era to take the lead of the game, then trail by two plus runs, then lead by five plus runs, then trail by three plus runs, then lead by three plus runs, all in one game. With the win, the Dodgers improved to twenty six and thirteen, they remained in first place atop the nl WES and Tonight, game three of this four game series, Dustin May on the mountain with more. Let's head out to the Galloping Motors broadcast booth at Arizona and welcome in Tip Neffett and Rick Monday, guys, Thanks very much.
Speaker 7: Tim Roof's got to be closed here a little hot outside, temperatures close to one hundred degrees, maybe a little bit over that as we move on here toward the evening hours in Phoenix, Arizona. But the first indoor game of the series will be played tonight as Dustin May takes them out at one and two against Corbin Burns. Burns one and one Burns the big offseason acquisition for the Arizona Diamondbacks. And before we get to today, how about last night, Maul, Did you have a chance to catch your breadthast to that?
Speaker 8: No crazy game? No, I don't think anyone else did either. I mean this had more twist and turns. You can imagine Dodgers are up eight to three going to the bottom of the third inning, and then you'd go fast forward and after eight innings the Dodgers are losing, trailing the game eleven to eight, and then the ninth inning came around. I gotta tell you that was an absolutely electric finish as the Dodgers come up with six runs five hits in the top of the ninth inning, And obviously the point at the moment was Joheo Tani hitting a three run home run. I don't know if that ball has come down yet. It looked like it was going to defy gravity. But for the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks, it was a playoff atmosphere last night, and you talked about a rockuscrash.
Speaker 7: My goodness, sold out house last night, and the fans were really into it. And for a lot of it in the ninth inning, you know, better than forty five thousand on their feet, and yeah, like a playoff atmosphere. Otani, by the way, when you look at his numbers entering the fortieth game of the regular season after thirty nine games last year, he had eleven home runs and nine stolen bases, he's ahead of his fifty to fifty pace after thirty nine games.
Speaker 8: It's been incredible in what he has done. And you look at this series, four for eleven, two home runs, five RPIs on top of that, and really, you look at that ninth inning, there was only one soft hit. That was the very first one. It was Freddy Freeman that led it off, and then it was Rockets. Regulaer Pie has crushed the double. Take Hernandez crushed the double, and then Max Munsey came on, crushed a single, knocked in a run. I thought that really the big moment was when Michael Confordo came on and he was hit by a pitch, and that allowed Otani because Confordo comes on with one. If he hits a ground ball, game's over. And it just extended the opportunity. And then Otani comes up and hits it nine miles.
Speaker 7: And that's why you have Otani leading off, because in a game like that, he comes up for a sixth the bat and wins it for you. And in another game, so he'll come up for a fifth at bat. You want him coming up again late in the ball game when it's on the line.
Speaker 8: And how many times have we heard people say, well, he's not driven in very many runs. Well, we've also talked about the fact the bottom part of the order has not consistently been on base. It was last night, and you see the damage that Otani does when the game is on the line.
Speaker 7: And Otani, who swings the bat better than anybody, was throwing a bullpen session today. Through thirty five pitches, all is well. And again the questions for the manager and the dugout today and Dave Roberts presser, when's he going to pitch? And that's basically been an everyday question almost this whole week, and really there is no determination on that just yet. It's looking like the can's going to get kicked down the road. Perhaps after the All Star break.
Speaker 8: Yeah, peyo, we could tell he's throwing a bullpen session because if photographers were not allowed past the end of the first base Dodger dugouts. So a lot of telephoto lenses were being used today just to watch Otani throw the baseball. We saw last night what he can do when he hits the baseball.
Speaker 7: See if he does it again tonight, Corbyn Burns, we'll start for the Diamondbacks. Dustin May will go for the Dodgers. Dodgers with the most wins in Major League Baseball twenty six and thirteen. The Diamondbacks are twenty and nineteen.
Speaker 4: Tim all right, I see count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on It's Shakey's Pizza Parlor. Yeah, order it right now, Pizza Chicken, Emojo's pick it up, Order at Shaky's dot com and enjoy it. Inside works nice and cool. Coming up here on Wrongo Causino Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from the manager. Dave Robberts, David Vasse goes one on one with Blake Snow. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Your magical moments coming up, your price picks, double play of the day, all that plus up next. You know Tani re want and we've been is it with Kirsten Watson from Sports and n LA. A lot to get to. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this hot Saturday afternoon. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball lean you.
Speaker 4: Up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this hot Saturday afternoon. Dustin May Corbyn Burn's the pitching match up. First pitch set for five to ten. This is the Otani rewide.
Speaker 7: Oh one and Otani hits it to left center field. That ball is headed back toward the wall. It bounce us off the warning track, it off the wall. Here comes Rojas steppling on third. Here's the relay play at the plate safe.
Speaker 2: Otani tire's the game with a two out run scoring double and it's three to three.
Speaker 7: One ball, two strike, pick Honey Swagsity hammers.
Speaker 2: A deep rightfield way back and gone a three run home run for show. Hey Otney, what a show.
Speaker 3: He is incredible.
Speaker 2: His twelfth home run Emma Dodgers with a sixth spot of the ninth lead at fourteen.
Speaker 4: To two eleven. Can you believe this show? Hey Otani? Can you believe what he did last night? Three for six, two doubles, that home run in the ninth inning as the Dodgers come all the way back thanks to his four RBIs last night and beat the Snakes fourteen to eleven.
Speaker 6: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 4: Hey Kierson down joins us in Chase Field and Arizona on this hot Saturday. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now friendly agents Dandy by to take your donations. That's Cars with the Key to donate your car. Well, before we get into what happened last night. Last year, the Dodgers won the World Series. A big part of that Daniel Hudson. And huddis in the desert.
Speaker 9: He is in the building. He actually lives out here, so for him to be able to come and visit to finally get that World Series ring he was actually teasing. So he has now won the World Series twice, one with the Nationals and then of course with the Dodgers. He's gotten to take part in both of those raids, but he did not get to take part in either ring ceremony, so for him to have a little special moment today, of course, he said. He walked in there playing bad Bunny, his favorite. So they had that, Josh Bart and just all the bullpen guys, the dogs, they were all together to share it with him. He said, it's not going to be coming off of the rings, not coming off of his hand for at least the next twenty four hours, and then it'll be put away safely at home. But for now he is basking in it. He's wearing his Dodgers jersey with the gold stitching and stuff.
Speaker 4: He did say.
Speaker 9: We were like, oh, you're gonna go sit in the bullpen during the games kind of hang out, and he was like, I don't know about all that. When I hear the phone ring, it might give me like a little heart palpitation. I might get a little PTSD back there. And as of right now, he's definitely enjoying retirement and being a super dad and the best uber to his kids.
Speaker 4: That is cool. Last night a wild night. It was some good, some bad, so ugly, but the Dodgers prevailed.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was truly a little bit of everything. There was even a point during the game when Keith Key Hernandez.
Speaker 3: Where I said, is literally right next to Dugout.
Speaker 9: He looked over at me and he goes, this is insane and everything about last night's game. I mean, if you look at the pitching side, it's clear our arms just didn't have their best stuff. You know, Roki Sasaki didn't have it. He just the command wasn't there. They were attacking him and of course getting him with the long ball. Then you see Anthony Bond. Unfortunately it gives up the Grand Slam. And for Dave Roberts last night, he just said, you know, he wasn't able to do his job. The good thing of the game last night, though, was that the offense found a way to show up, whether it was early in the game against their starting Rodriguez getting to him, or if it was late in the game up against Kevin Ginkle. So and of course you know it ends with Joe Hey because what else could happen, you know, and that's just the perfect ending for a game like that. But Dave Roberts is saying, you know, when it comes to the offensive side of last night, that's the positive, and he feels like this is probably the first time that he's seen up and down the order. Guys are clicking like, yes, there's maybe one or two like Michael Conporda who's looking for results, but they're pleased with kind of the hard contact and how the swing looks. Just hopefully he can be a little bit luckier out there.
Speaker 4: You're moving forward.
Speaker 9: But Dave did say that e specs, you know, he wants see the continuation of the offense and he's hoping that for the pitching side, Dustin May can have a strong performance.
Speaker 4: Let's see if this Dodger's team can ride that momentum from the ninth inning last night. Kirsten, we appreciate it still to come here on Marongo Gauzino, Dodger's on deck. We'll hear from Blake SNeW we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup with Dustin May on the mound, what up next? An injury report, and we'll hear the manager himself, Dave Roberts lead you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on the Saturday first pitch at five to ten on Tim Kasey is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law Law.
Speaker 4: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as he leads up to first pitch on this Saturday Dodgers and the Dinabacks, Game three of this four game set. As the road trip starts to wind down for the Dodgers, Marongo Casino Resort its paw a Grand Slam for good times. Dustin may Corbyn berds the pitching matchup. First pitch from Phoenix is coming up at fight ten.
Speaker 6: This is the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 4: Report, presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Evan Phillips on the IL with the inflammated right elbow, Tascar Hernandez with the left growing strain, Tommy Edmond on the IL with the sore right ankle, but he'll be activated on the next homestand we'll hear from Blake Snell coming up in about twenty minutes. Tyler Glass now on the EU, Blake trying to Michael Kopek, Bruce dar Graderol Kyle hurt Image, and the list goes on and on River Ryan. All these guys are over in Arizona at Camelback Ranch, rehabbing, working their way back. At some point they'll either join this team this year or next year, depending on their elbow surgery. Knew Dell Clayton Kershaws had to come back in the next eight to nine days. Let's head back out to Arizona and check out the Dodger Skipper.
Speaker 5: Any answer the questions for Dave Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 4: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 5: I thought offensively we were sound.
Speaker 10: You know, this is going to be a good one, good test for us offensively given who their starter is. But I like what we're doing offensively. I think on the pitching side it's going to be different. I think that Dustin is looking to bounce back from his last one. It'll be interesting to see how he navigates this lineup today, you know. And I think on the pitching side, just kind of just making pitches, executing, trying to eliminate slug which is something that these guys clearly feast on.
Speaker 5: But that's kind of a takeaway early.
Speaker 4: All right, there's Dave Roberts talking about what he expects out of Dustin May and this Dodgers lineup tonight against the Diamondbacks. So I continue here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll check out with David Vassay. We're leading you up to first pitch from Arizona. The roof will be closed, so he leads you up to Dodgers and Diamonbacks. I'm Tim Kase's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Lean you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Saturday night, Dustin May. Cormyn Burns the pitching match up, first pitch set for five ten.
Speaker 6: Joining Tim Kits on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 4: This is Dodger insider David base Stevie w We'll go back to last night, that home run from Showy Otani. After he hit it, did he mimic a Diamondbacks player in his home run celebration?
Speaker 3: I didn't catch on to that until I saw something posted on social media this morning from Bleacher Report where Lertis Gorriel, who homered against Alex Vesia in the eighth inning, really had over the top celebration as he was running from home plate to first base right in front of the Dodger dugout. And since Otani is a dh he is watching from the dugout, So I'm sure O'tani, in his dry sense of humor type of way after watching it, definitely was mimicking Guriel and his over the top celebration. And I'm sure the Dodgers enjoyed every minute of it, because Otani doesn't show that type of emotion after home runs. But that was more than I've seen in a regular season game for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, He's all about respect and that was pretty funny to see him do that. David is German by Ford. If there's one thing we like, its choices, find yours. With the Ford F one fifty gas hybrid all electric tough this march, it can only be called the F one fifty Rookie Sasaki. David, what are the Dodgers do with him now? Moving forward?
Speaker 3: Dave Roberts was asked about whether or not the Dodgers aren't considering sending Sazaki down to the minors because there's been talk about how they've tried to help his mechanics to get more fastball velocity or more fastball command. Well, we haven't seen either consistently since the start of the season. And here's the issue. You're compromising the rest of your pitching staff and your bullpen to accommodate Sazaki pitching just one once a week. And when he does pitch once a week and he only goes four plus innings, doesn't strike out a single batter, and only throws sixty three pitches, that's not helping anybody. So Dave Roberts and Mark Pryor have said they're not sending him down, but if this continues, there's got to be a serious consideration about maybe it would benefit Sazaki to get a breather in Oklahoma City and allow him to have these growing pains and when he comes back be more of a finished product than what we've seen.
Speaker 4: That makes sense. Tonight, the Dodgers get Corbyn Burns, the guy who's had a really good major league career. How do they match up against him tonight?
Speaker 3: DV, Well, can you believe Austin Barnes and Showhyotani have the most hits in their careers against Burns. That's in this Dodger starting lineup. Otani is three for six with the home run. Barnes is three for four. In case you're wondering about Max Munsey and my Michael Confordo, Monsey is oh for eleven in his career against Burns. Confordo is one for eleven.
Speaker 4: That's not good. Time Now for the Dodger Derby, brought to you by Sanadita Park. David and I pick horses at Santa Anita on the weekends, and we're picking tomorrow's third race one mile. Six horses currently listed in the field for the third race tomorrow, DV. Who do you like?
Speaker 3: I'm going with the number of six horse ridden by Jan Jay Hernandez cathl Oh.
Speaker 4: It's a good I'm gonna go with Lamas the three horse Kyle Frey riding Lamas the three horse. Good luck to you, DV. We'll check back with you in just a little bit. Celebrate ninety years of horse racing at Santa Anita Bark every Friday through Sunday, millions of payouts every race day. Get on track for experiences like the Memorial Weekend Carnival, California Beer Festival. He got Mother's Day Tomorrow, Free Fridays with drink specials. Explore experiences at Santa Anita dot com slash Evince. Be looking for something to do tomorrow on Mother's Day. Treat your wife or mom to Santa Anita. It's a lot of fun out there. And watch the ponies coming up here On Morogo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you'll hear from Blake Snell. W'll break down this pitchy matchup that's all coming up as we lead up to Dodgers and Diamonbacks. I'm Tim Kates is the world champion in Los Angeles. Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this warm Saturday afternoon going into the evening, Warm here in Southern California. Warm in Arizona. The roof will be closed. First pitch from Phoenix coming up at five to ten.
Speaker 6: Dog who wants that hot It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment. Bitch Magical Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 4: We go back to July third, twenty nineteen pre COVID Dodgers taking on the Diamondbacks. Dodgers had four straight walk off winds at home. They went to ten Indians against the Diamondbacks, and up came Cody Bellinger.
Speaker 11: Bellinger at three forty three, twenty eight home runs, sixty nine runs batted in the one to ozero five ball. All right, it's on its way and the Dodgers have walked off yet again. Five con second of walk off wins.
Speaker 3: They win at five to four.
Speaker 11: They're thirty games over five hundred, a fourteen game lead in the National League West. Fifty nine and twenty nine. Bellinger's second home run of the night, it's a walk off.
Speaker 4: They walk off winning thanks to Cody Bellinger's home run in the tenth gets the Dodgers their fifth straight walk off win at home against the Diamondbacks in twenty nineteen. This Hofey magical moment brought to by Hofey Hot Dogs, Hafey Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Haffey hot Dogs local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check out with Rick Monday and I got your prize fixed double play of the day, Don't go anywhere. Dodgers and Diabacks. First pitch of five to ten. I'm Tim Kates' is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio that work.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season Low.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Diamondbacks. Dustin may Corbyn burst the pitching matchup a good one game three of this four game set from Phoenix. First pitch coming up at five to ten got him with the two.
Speaker 11: For one hard shot to third throws a second hot in the first double what double hole tas.
Speaker 6: This is the Prize Picks double play of the day.
Speaker 4: All right, baseball fans, test your baseball knowledge playing daily Fantasy Sports and Prize Picks del well the free Prize Picks apps. Sign up using the code go blue, and you're gonna get fifty dollars instantly after you play your only first five dollars lineup. How about that fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup just for signing up and using the code go blue at Prize Pitch. Think you better than them seeds, so easy to play, Just pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up to two thousand times your cash. Strikeouts, RBI's first in he runs, home runs, triples, doubles. You're watching and listening to the game. Pick more or less at prize Picks. Join me and playing using the code go blue when you sign up. Here are my picks today. I'm gonna give you a bonus one Freddie Freeman more or less a half a hit, more Dustin May four strikeouts, more or less go less than four strikeouts. Hay Soong Kim more or less a half of a hit running an RBI. More for Hay Song Kim half of a hit, run and an RBI again. Join me at Prize Picks. Use the promo code go blue. Get fifty dollars after you play your first five dollars. Lineup Prize Picks, run your game and now.
Speaker 6: Joined by David Bass saying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Rick, everybody's still buzzing over last night's ninth inning by the Dodgers, culminating and show Hey Otani's big three run home run.
Speaker 8: You know I got good word that not only was that electric, I mean just absolutely crazy. Here's the other thing. Set like crowd last night, I got the impression, and especially when the Diamondbacks came up in that grand Slam that was hit by gury Elm that coming in the fifth inning, and then the back to back home runs in the eighth inning by Arizona also, and then you go back to the to the ninth. At the top of the ninth, it had playoff playoff atmosphere in here. I mean it was loud, it was rambunctious, and we also discovered that the local fans don't like the Dodger fans being in here rooting for the team either.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Usually in years past it's a huge Dodger fan crowd, but it was split the last two.
Speaker 8: God there were some people a little bit cranky evidently. So yeah, that worked out. That was absolutely a stunning finish to the ballgame the way that ninth.
Speaker 3: Then he went, I feel like the Dodgers would have been really sour if they lost that game last night.
Speaker 8: I agree percent, because they had plenty of opportunities and they let it slip right through their fingers, and you know, they recaptured it in fine, fine fashion and O'tani is just something else. I mean, it wasn't just Otani. I mean that inning started off in the ninth. For those who were not with us, Freddie Freeman hit a very soft base hit down the third base line. Okay, fine, then it was rockets a double by pis the RBI following him kk Hernanez an RBI double first pitch on the second pitch to Max Muncie, a line drive basse hit that knocked in a run. Then was a hit batter. I really thought that Michael Confordo when he was hit by pitch. I thought that was a big, big turning point in that inning because now you know it could have been a ground ball double play innings over right, Well, it wasn't. It was. It was a hit by pitch. And then O'tani comes up and hits a one to two pitch about nineteen miles to right field. He knew it was gone, so did everybody else in his place exploded again.
Speaker 3: You know it's funny. I just saw a video where they matched up to Scouriel's celebration and otani celebration. Some people in the clubhouse are thinking that Otani was saying, you know what, I noticed your over celebration in the eighth inning, and I'm gonna one up you with this home run and this celebration.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and the timing of it it was kind of nice. Here's the other part too, Curiel. He's entitled to to celebrate anyway he wants. He'd better not get irritated if if a picture strikes him out and celebrates on the.
Speaker 3: Mound, exactly right. Same with could tell Marte doing a fake jump shot between second and third as he's rounding the bases.
Speaker 8: Yeah, notes, Rick, you notice. Yeah, they's very good. Now you're one that will accept a challenge here and there. Correct, of course. I mean in the past you've done it. Okay, here's one for you, and we're going to roll back the years nineteen thirty nine. This is something to think about. We've already gone to Philadelphia, so we have to do it. Maybe next year, okay, because on this date nineteen thirty nine, there were thousands of onlookers. This is right in your corner too. But the Phillies backup catcher Dave Coble catches a ball thrown from the top of Philadelphia's City Hall. It was five hundred and twenty one feet above the ground level. They gave him a helmet to catch the ball, and he said it was like catching an adult coming out of the air.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine that that's called gravity? Rick, Yeah it is.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, kid, he equals MC squared. You got that right. So just something to think about. Well, we can find you a helmet, we can find you a glove. You might want a face massage.
Speaker 3: So I was wondering if you were going to be the one at the bottom, and I was dropping it down.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, sounds good. I'll be at the bottom this time.
Speaker 8: Miss is Monday did not have the brightest child, but that wasn't on the opposite of the spectrum either, wise guy. Huh yeah, yeah, thanks Rick. We'll take in with you a little bit later. We'll see what kind of heroics the Dodgers happened to get you fitted for helmet.
Speaker 3: Thanks Rick, I appreciate that. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, DV. Thank you, Moe Dodgers fans. There's Dodger game plan. You need a game plan to start your future at California Community College. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, so en roll today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here On Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Rick and Tim will have the keys to the game. But up next, so we go high and tight Blake Snell. It's the Dodgers in Diamondbacks. First pitch at five to ten. I'm Tim Kasey's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Networks.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, yes, is Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Lean you up to first pitch from Arizona's the Dodgers and diamond Bass Game three. There's four games set ready to live the Zenchy Sweet life. What are you waiting for? It's an unforgettable night in Los Angeles. Two premium sweet tickets to a game later on this month, complete with gourmet food, drinks, and preferred parking. It's luxury, it's exclusive, and it's just one scan away on your phone. Yes, head to the Zench counter near the deli counter. Any participating Rouse grocery store, the Zench counter. It's not hard to find right there inside. Participating in Rouse grocery stores, scan the QR code right there at the counter at Zench an enter for your chance to win this once in a lifetime experience. Details at Anti seventy ela sports dot com. Zench Sushi, Fast, Fresh and easy.
Speaker 6: Shavid and now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 6: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: It is snell Zilla Saturday. I am with my guy, Blake Snell. That's a new thing. Blake Snell, snell Zilla Saturday.
Speaker 5: There you go, man, just keep making stuff up.
Speaker 3: Are we gonna do this every Saturday? No, all right, sounds good.
Speaker 5: Back to you in the boots.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's great to see you. And I love having you on the road trip.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: Dave Roberts also said this, you're a great teammate because even though you're not able to pitch, you're still engaged in that dugout.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I definitely love being here and and love supporting the guys. And it's good.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 5: I gonna watch the game. Get to learn, Get to see you know, successes, failures, and then talk to his teammates and try to help him if I can, and if if that's something that you know, they trust me with, but if not, just there for a voice or reason.
Speaker 3: It was so early, even at Dodger FanFest when you were singing the praises of Hay Sung Kim. Now he's getting his chance. I don't think you ever doubted this guy could play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, I mean his speed, he's faster than I thought. His defense got a lot better from springtill now, and his hitting's actually better from springtille now. So there's been a lot of improvement from him, which has been excited to see. I'm excited to see, you know, his journey through the next month and and seeing you know, how how that goes, how he handles it, if he succeeds, if he fails. This game is very difficult, so you don't really know what's going to happen, but you know right now watching him play, it's been a lot of fun. And his energy. He's always happy, he's always excited about every day. So you know, that's really good to see.
Speaker 3: Isn't that the biggest thing in Major League baseball. A lot of guys can do it for two or three games, maybe a week, but consistency no matter what you're doing, seems to be the biggest thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's how you handle failure because it's coming and it's however you handle it is what's the most important. If I think failure is a good thing, and if you look at it that way, it's gonna get's it's preparing you to be a better version of you, and you got to go through it to really see that other side of you. I think there's a lot of good from it. But if you just go through the failure and you live in that moment and you're upset and frustrated and oh I saw and you start believing that, then you'll be out of league pretty quick.
Speaker 3: Blake Snell on snell Zilla Saturday is our guest. Where are you at as far as your progress to getting back?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm I'm gonna be throwing here shortly, so we'll see. We're just taking the day by day, going slow, but we should know soon. So once once I feel one hundred percent healthy, ready to go, that's the plan and then we'll see from there.
Speaker 3: You feel like you're moving in the right direction.
Speaker 5: Yeah, every day. You know, some days I feel a little worse than the others. This is the longest I've been on the il and forever, so it's been frustrating and difficult to go through. But I like being on the road trip. I like being able to, you know, support the teammates and and more so just be selfless, stop worrying about myself and start worrying more about the team. It's it's really helped me mentally, just you know, focus on day by day and when it's my time, it will be my time. But right now it's not, and I got to accept that and focus on rehab, get as strong and healthy as I can get. Then when it's my time, I'll be ready to go.
Speaker 3: Hey Blake, I know you face Freddie Freeman a lot in your career, but now seeing him play every day, do you have a greater appreciation of who he is as a baseball player.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I definitely do. He's he's better than I thought. I just like his consistency, his work. I think everything he does is just consistent. Same guy every day, doing the same thing, same approach, same intent. It makes sense. Why's you know as good as he is.
Speaker 3: What about seeing Otani only guy in baseball right now with ten home runs and ten stolen bases.
Speaker 5: I mean it's going up for sure. No, I mean, yeah, he's good, he's all right. Yeah, you know, it's just like he was. He was hot cold. You know, it's I'm excited once we get, you know, halfway through the season, and you know, you see the ups and the downs and how they handle it. But you know, he's even when he's down, like you don't even know that. So that's what's pretty impressive is you know his downs are aren't even downs. So to watch him, he's getting hot, he's heating up, he's playing goodbae. I know he likes Marlin's Ballpark as we saw, but yeah, I'm excited to see him continue to continue to grow and get better.
Speaker 3: Snell Zilla Blake Snell is our guest before I let you go. You have the most random connections with random people. Mark Ingram in Florida, first day at Marlin's Park. He's your guest on the field. How the heck do you know a running back as great as mark Ingram.
Speaker 5: I want to say random, I would say good people know good people. You know what I'm saying, it's just so random to you and random to me. It's normal.
Speaker 3: Who else is gonna pop out Bradley Cooper one day.
Speaker 5: If you want? Yeah, I mean good people, you know. I'm just I like to be around good people that have, you know, done pretty amazing things, and I like to pick their brain on what they did to be you know, a Heisman winner or have a successful career like he did, or you know, just anything. But I like being around people that have accomplished things and ask questions, and I find ways to meet people and uh, just you know, find ways to get better.
Speaker 3: I see that every day. You're smarter than people think They're gonna see it soon.
Speaker 5: I guess I appreciate that. But yeah, I like that on quiet, you know, I people don't know much.
Speaker 3: Well, we had a great Saturday. I'll see you next Saturday.
Speaker 5: All right, Snell Zilla Saturday.
Speaker 3: There he is the man, Blake Snell. He'll receive a pair of sunglasses to Canaan Canaan's world best polarized sunglasses. Canaan's lenses are clearer, lighter, stronger than other lenses, and are nearly impossible to scratch. Visit Canaan dot Com for your pair. I want to say Happy Mother's Day to everybody out there.
Speaker 5: Yea, I have Mother's Day to my wife and to my mom.
Speaker 3: All Right, there we go, Snell Zilla Mother's Day. We'll send it back to the studio.
Speaker 4: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, Blake, Snell and David Say. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. It's game night for better time, stay inside, listen to Little Dodger Baseball, enjoy some Shaky's Pizza. Find out more shakys dot com. Lean you have to first pitch Dodgers and Diamondbacks up. Next, we'll break down this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Katson. This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunter's Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Diamondbacks Game three of this four game set from Phoenix. They split the first two games. First pitching Phoenix, coming up at five to ten, and.
Speaker 6: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 4: Matchup forresented by your Southern California Toyota dealers. Work hard and play hard at a New Tacoma with an I Force Turbo Charts engine. It's a truck built for the bold. See your Southern California a Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Carbon burns on the mound for the Diamondbacks. Thirty year old right hander one and one with a three fifty eight e eighth season, now in the Big Leagues six with the Brewers, won't the Orioles. He signed a big deal with the Diamondbacks and free agency this past offseason, making his seventh start and he missed his last turn though in the rotation due to shoulder inflammation. He took one turn off to recover, was never placed in the il. That was last start on April thirtieth, six innings, one run, four hits, five walks in a win against the Mets. He is back two and three with an ERA of five forty and thirty two strikeouts and eight appearances against the Dodgers in his career. Last face the Dodgers at Dodger Stadium in last August with the Orioles five innings, one run, five hits, four strikeouts in a loss. Dustin May code red on the mound for the Dodgers, looking to bounce back. Twenty seven year old right hander seventh season in the Big League season one and two with a four to thirty six ERA. Remember, he missed a lot of twenty three and twenty four five and two thirty eight's four runs, five hits, two strikeouts six in a loss to the Braves last time out one in one with an ERA of four forty two and fourteen punchouts in five appearances against Arizona in his career. He last faced him April of twenty twenty three before he got hurt in Arizona six innings, one run, two hits, five strikeouts and picked up the w. Dustin May Corbyn burns Dodgers and Diamondbacks. We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch keys to the game. Our next I'm Tim Kasey is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio hour.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue All season long.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Diamondbacks from the Desert, Game three of this four game set. Dustin May Corbyn Burns. The pitching matchup first pitch coming up at five ten. Before that we head back out to the booth one final time. Tim neverert Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys, Tim, thanks again, we're getting you ready for this one. Roofe closed for the first time in the series here in warm Phoenix, Arizona. Dustin May gets the start against Corbin Burns. And for Dustin May, one of the keys for him is to keep the leadoff man off base. He has allowed seven hits to leadoff hitters. He's also walked seven. He's walked fourteen total this year, and seven of them have been the lead off fininics. So to keep the leadoff man off base and pitch you know, from the wind up a little longer in an inning, I think is going.
Speaker 5: To be a key.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the walk to strike out race is a little bit too high as far as the ratio itself. The other part two is he's had three starts at home, three starts on the road and at home era two point two on the road almost six and a half. That's got to change around a little bit more. But I think is just basically trust your stuff because when he throws strikes and challenge his hitters. We've said this for years now. He's got some of the nastiest stuff that's thrown on his ball club. Trust it, use it, and get guys out early.
Speaker 7: And Burn's coming off of a missed start due to a sore shoulder, so he's going to get back up on the hill here for Arizona. He signed a six year, two hundred and ten million dollar contract this offseason. So Carbon Burns against Dustin May, that's the pitching matchup here at Chase Field in downtown Phoenix.
Speaker 4: Tim all right, don't forget after the game is over. David Vassy has got you cover with all the postgame festivities, including Dodger Talk, all the reaction from the clubhouse and manager Dave Roberts. Dodgers looking to ride that momentum from that ninth inning last night and then comeback win over the Arizona Diamondbacks. Dustin May on the mound. Corbyn Burns will take the hill when we come back. Dodgers Diamondbacks on this hot Saturday, sit back and enjoy it. I'm Tim Kasi's world champion in Los Angeles. Dodgers Audio Network