Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Bell and Pollock Accident and injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell and don Ka. Ninety one FM.
Speaker 3: Got the nicey through Free Mandy Connal keeping sad bab.
Speaker 4: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to a Wednesday edition of the show. I am your host for the next three hours. Mandy Connell joined by not Anthony Rodriguez who's working in the morning show this week, but Grant Smith and we'll take him.
Speaker 5: Happy Wednesday, Happy Wednesday to you. I have to say before we get rolling, I love your outfit, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Is that from Japan? No, it's from Walmart, from the neighbor China. But through our fans, Walmart has up their fashion game. I was talking to one of our coworkers here about this because she complimented something I was wearing. I was like, Walmart, Highland's Ranch Walmart, and she was like, what pointed to her own outfit? Walmart? I mean, well, Walmart hired a fashion guy away from Target apparently a few years ago, and they've up their fashion. Yeah. I like it. It's fun. It's just you know, it's kind of flowing, kind of nice and can itch you ah, just reflecting back on that. Let's jump into the blog, because guys, we have so much stuff going on today. I went down a rabbit hole yesterday on Syria, and I don't understand for a guy who does not seem to worry at all about smashing historical norms, and some historical norms need to be smashed. As a matter of fact, We're going to get to one historical norm here in a minute that needs to be smashed, which is kind of the whole point of this rabbit hole that I went down yesterday. But it seems that Trump's foreign policy, which so much of I have agreed with. I have so agreed with his manhandling of NATO. All of those NATO nations needed to step up a long time ago, and lots of presidents have complained about it, but he was the first one to actually shove it down their throat and make them step up, and they are now. So things like that I love. I love that that he just crept all over historical norms when it comes to letting NATO off the hook when it comes to meeting their defense responsibilities. I love that about Donald Trump. But I think we're getting sucked in or at least pursuing similar strategies in the Middle East with Syria that have been pursued before, and I don't see them working. Let's do this. Let's get into the blog, and I'm gonna suck you down this rabbit hole with me. Fascinating, horrifying. You're gonna be like, what are we doing again? But anyway, find the blog by going to mandy'sblog dot com. That's mandy'sblog dot com. When you get there, go to the latest post section and look for seven sixteen to twenty five blog why is it only genocide when Israel does it? Click on that and here are the headlines you will find within. I think it was the.
Speaker 6: Office half American, all with ships and clipmans and state that's going to press plant today.
Speaker 4: On the blug Weather Wednesday at twelve thirty, Syria is committing genocide and no one cares. Scrolling scrolling. Should we really be giving meth and fentanyl smoking tips? Scrolling scrolling? Today's listener question, Phil Wiser chooses virtue signaling over common sense. Andy's wrong on ice masking too. The Anti Wolf group isn't raising much money. Big fires are burning on the Western slope. The governor wants your opinion about his ugly ass bridge timeline cleanser for the day, Pat Sir Tan is recognized as the best. Some cuts are coming to the federal budget. Another young motorcyclist is dead. Gabe Evans is raising decent money. Colorado cities are unhappy with Polus's land use takeover. Broadcast television hits a new low about the Federal Reserve's ostentatious remodel. The end of weaponized empathy. Dude, Grandma's gaming again. This looks like a food challenge to me. Want to make some keyboard music. Douglas Murray is having none of the lgbtqia plus nonsense, the right way to say no, we don't deserve dogs? And how did Japan get rich and not fat? Those are the headlines on the blog at mandy'sblog dot com. I did notice something in Japan, and that is literally no one is fat. I don't think I saw an overweight Japanese person. Now, I did see over white, overweight white people. I did see over white or or overweight people of other ethnicities that were not necessarily Japanese. But there were no fat Japanese people. Part of it is their diet and the food, yes, yes, because they eat what's the word. I'm looking for real food with ingredients that you've actually heard of, and I don't have you know, multi syllabic names. Anyway, that this video is really really good though, because it talks about what kids eat in school and back in the day, back in the way back machine, back in the back in the twentieth century, Grant, we had what was your school cafeteria? Like at school, Grant when and let's start high school, because like, I didn't have a cafeteria. I went to Catholic school in elementary school, so we did have like a cafeteria. We all had to bring our lunch. Really yeah, it was a private school, so they didn't have a kitchen. You just had to bring your lunch and then you all went to the lunch room and ate it. But anyway, that's a story for another time. What was your high school cafeteria?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Did they make all the food there?
Speaker 5: Eat all the food there every day? It was not the greatest food, but it was deep.
Speaker 4: So wait a minute, wait a minute, you know what we all like to complain about it, but I am not gonna lie. I would I would like I would pay ten dollars for a slice of octagon pizza. Okay, yeah, ten dollars I would pay. I would pay ten dollars for that. For that mashed potato with the meat gravy Sonic, that was my favorite. I always got an extra patty. I was in tight with the lunch lady.
Speaker 5: I thought it was so good and they would give me whenever it was something I really loved.
Speaker 4: We didn't actually have the patties. They just ground up the beasts and then put it in brown gravy and then scooped it over mashed potatoes. Oh, I can taste it right now. It's making my mouth water. It just made me think we had exactly like we all like to complain about it, but that food and those big fluffy rolls we had get about it everything. And see we all complained about it, but it's real food. And the lunch ladies, bless every one of their hearts. They were back there starting at six o'clock in the morning every morning making sure we had good food. They all weighed like three hundred pounds and had boobs the size of Massachusetts, right, I mean, they all just massive boobs.
Speaker 5: These lunches, and you know where I grew up, so like, oh yeah, seventy five percent. I would say, of the kids that went to my school relied on breakfast, that's every day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what they ate. Well. Well, now at my daughter's high school in an affluent suburb, they have pizza Hut or Dominoes or something like that. They basically bring in prepackaged foods, so they're basically just shoving ultra process foods down these kids' throat. Okay, that video is something you should watch. I did not mean to go down the lunch room, you know, reminiscent Panwagon there for a second. Shout out to all the lunch ladies out there. I mean it, they were amazing, so amazing. Anyway, anyway, sorry about that. I do want to go up. We've got Dave Phraser coming up at twelve thirty, and I do not want to start this conversation about Syria and the Druze until I can go deep into it, because boy, howdy did I go deep into it? Why did I go deep into it? Well, I got this message yesterday from my nephew in Israel, and I should say that when we went to my my nephew's wedding in Israel. He took us on a tour of well, lots of lots of Israel. We went to the border of Syria and Israel. Okay, I've actually seen the border of Syria and Israel. And as we were driving up there, we stopped and had lunch at this restaurant that was run by a Druze family. Okay, the Drews people d r O d r u Ze. Drews is a religion and it is a very insular religion. Pretty Much every Druze is related to every other Drus. They don't proselytize. You cannot convert and become a Druz, you will marry another Drus. But at the same time, they take their civic responsibilities wherever they are very very very seriously. They make up a large part of the Israel, Israeli Army, the police force. They're the most highly educated ethnic group in Israel. They integrate everywhere. They're in the the Israeli government. They are they are woven into the fabric and known to be upstanding, kind, familial, just good people, the kind of people you want in your lives. Well, there are five hundred thousand drus in Syria. And I got this message yesterday from my nephew in Israel, and he said, the Drews are the best ethnic group I have ever encountered. They're polite, familial, hard working, loyal, and make some of the finest soldiers in the Israeli Special Forces. This is an actual ethnic cleansing that is about to happen. Isis is selling Drew's women as sex slaves in public markets and in line with their interpretation of Islam. Now that's what started me down this rabbit hole, and it is bad. And as I kept reading, every so often there would be some mention of the fact that the United States and Israel are trying to bring the quote President of Syria into the fold. Donald Trump. You know, I think that we can all understand a little bit better why Donald Trump appears to suck up to dictators, Because he did it with Kim Jong un until he realized that Kim Jong un is a psychopath and there was no dealing with him. And now he doesn't speak of him at all. It's like he's just doesn't exist. Right. He did it with Putin, and when Putin did not do what Trump wanted, him to do. Now Trump is issuing threats. I don't think he was ever truly enamored with Putin. I think he was blowing smoke up his skirt in order to see if he could bring him to the table. Well, now the smoke blowing is over. But now we have Trump saying, you know, this guy in Syria, we think he's going to be good. This guy in Syria is an Islamist. He is a former al Qaeda leader. Now I'm not saying that he can't have a change of heart, and I'm not saying that we should work to achieve some sort of solution that doesn't involve war, Not at all. I would love to see all of this happen. Israel believes in it so strongly that they are allegedly in backroom communications with them with Siria trying to cut some kind of deal to bring Syria into the Abraham Accords. But here's where the problem lies. The problem lies is that they've already gone into an Alloyite vision village. Alo Whites are another subset of Islam, and they believe in kind of a mystical version of Islam. And please don't use me as as your theology teacher. On this, I'm giving you such a macro description that you can go look up more information about the Alo Whites or the Druz or any of that stuff. You can do any of that. But the Alo Whites are a subset of Islam, and they practice what's considered a more mystical version of Islam, and therefore it's blasphemous to some other Muslims, specifically Sunni Muslims, of which the new leader of Syria is he is a Sunni Muslim. So this guy went in in April and went into an Alo White village. Under the guise of this, they'll they'll allow the bed Ones to attack. This is the strategy in Syria right now. So the Syrian forces as they are. By the way, a lot of the president's army is from around the world. It's not from Syria. His army comes from Pakistan, his army comes from Chechnia, his army comes from a whole bunch of different Muslim strongholds. And we'll get to why that is in just a minute. But he allows the Bedouins because you know, there's always been sectarian violence in the Middle East, because we have all of these different tribes and clans and things like this, and they're constantly clashing with one another. The Drus and the Bedouins have been at it for years, just years about dumb crap. It's all about dumb crap. But nonetheless, they send the Bedouins in to the Alloyhites to attack, and then they come in and say, the governmental forces will come in and say we're repelling the Bedouins. We've saved you, we can keep you safe. We just need you to disband your militias and turn over your weapons. And guess what, after being in a civil war for very, very very long time again an incredibly violent and repressive regime in Bashi al Asad, they're not really looking to give up their weapons. And so in response, the Syrian military slaughtered twelve hundred Ala Whites in April. This happened in April. That doesn't seem that the rhetoric of the President of Syria is going to match the actions of the President of Syria, because he talks a great game about tolerance and oh, everything's going to be great in Syrian We are going to create this great, wonderful Syria moving forward, which everybody would like to see by the way, but deeds not words. So when the Bedouins came in to mix it up with the Drews, well here come the security forces. Only this time they fought with the Bedouins against the Drews and killed I don't know, like two hundred and fifty people in a village. Twenty one of them were men who were extra extra judiciously executed, which means the government took them into the center square and shot them in the head. And here we are trying to bring the president of this into the fold.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: I posted something about this on x yesterday and a lot of people were like, well, let them sort it out. It doesn't really matter. I don't care, we shouldn't. I don't even want us to be involved. But Israel needed to do something. Israel had to act because in Israel, and I don't know how many Drews there are in Israel, but there's a good chunk of Drews in Israel. But they're involved in every aspect of Israeli life. They are the residents you want in your community, and they cannot Israel cannot leave the Syrian Drews out to dry. They can't do it. And right now, there's a whole bunch of Syrian drus and I have to say, Drew's really hard like that. So you know, I'm not saying Jews, but the Syrian Jews have been right now a long time ago. So drus. They're in the southern part of Syria, which is in the sort of demilitarized zone that Israel has essentially said we are going to enforce because it borders Israel. And if they allow tanks and stuff like that to come into that area of the Goal On Heights area, then there's a good chance that they're going to keep rolling over into Israel. So Israel yesterday bombs Syrian military headquarters in Damascus. Now, the reason I'm telling you all of this is I want you to watch any news coverage you might see of this, because I have some stuff from CNN and other stuff that is just so insane, so insane. So this is really fantastic. So Israel bombs the headquarters of Damascus to make them stop attacking the Drews. That is why Israel bombed the HQ of Military HQ and Damascus, And CNN says this, CNN has reached out to the Israeli Defense forces for comment regarding civilian deaths. You guys, they already admitted that people were killed by Syrian forces. Do you think they reached out to the president of Syria to answer for that. Even when Israel is doing the right thing for good people, they are blamed in a way that no other nation is and certainly Syria is not being held to account on this stuff. And what do I want Donald Trump to do? I want Donald Trump to use his leverage to explain to this guy that one more incursion against an ethnic minority in Syria means that we will make sure that Israel has all the bombs it needs to do what needs to be done in Syria to protect those people. That's what I want to have happen. You know, I'd love for Donald Trump to call him and do the old Hey, man, we really want you to come to this party, like man, cannot wait to have you, so looking forward to having you as part of the team. But with this kind of behavior, I don't think we can be friends. You know, do the old make him an offer he can't refuse type thing. But even then, I'm not certain that this guy can be stopped in any significant way. As long as you have people in charge trying to build a new Islamic caliphate. You were never going to have them, you know, be a part of polite society. And that is what this guy's devoted to. That's why you have so many foreign fighters from around the world. Why in the world, from someone in Czechhni or or Indonesia, why would you go Why would you go to fight in Syria? I mean for money, sure, but it's about ideology, because they too believe that the Islamic Caliphate shall rise again and the world will kneel at their feet. How do you reason with somebody whose goal is that? How do you realize with someone whose goal is that and is willing to do whatever it takes in terms of violence to bring it to fruition. I don't know. I'm aggravated. I'm frustrated because I am old enough to remember when we've propped up dictators around the world, and I'm old enough to know how it inevitably always ends with an entire new group of people who hate us for meddling in their affairs. This is what I want from Syria. Leave the ethnic minorities alone and then go about your business. Leave them alone. If you did that you could have whatever you wanted, but that doesn't meet their end goal. And the United States of America is going to give them the legitimacy that they need along with Israel to do the things that they are inevitably going to do. And it's like, when in the world are we going to see that this is just untenable. I don't know what the answer is. I think the Middle East is a permanent disaster because of ideology, culture. There's so many different things that need to be dragged into modernity in the Middle East before it's ever going to be anything other than a sandpit where people are fighting over land so ugly that we wouldn't even pay for it here in America anyway. So that's the start of my rant. We're not even deep into it. Oh yeah, oh yeah. AnyWho got some text messages Mandy. Theocrats speak with a forked tongue because they try to straddle the fence between God's law and man's law. The problem is is Islama see that as the same law right? That's the issue. Mandy Tyrants and leaders share similar qualities, which makes it hard to tell the difference at times until you get to know them and to the text, who ask what religion are Drus they're a mix of Islam, of Christianity, of Judaism. They are a large mishmash. But they've been around a very very long time, very long time. But I don't think they would say they were any of those three religions. Even though there are lots of things that overlap. Fox thirty one's chief meteorologist, Day Fraser, ain't Day Fraser. What about this dug and bloomy skies today? What's happening?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that NICs re freshing change. Thanks for a cool front last night. So instead of baking at ninety five like we did yesterday, we'll only pop out in the in the mid eighties today. So that's that's the benefit of the dark and gloomy skies out there. But the price that comes with it is a chance for showers and thunderstorms, some of which we'll have lightning and wind and hail typical threats, and so we'll watch for that this afternoon. But the humidity level is higher today, I'm sure everybody by Colorado standards just about that, and that can lead to heavy rain but hopefully beneficial range. So there's a there's a trade out right, maybe keep the hail on the small side. We don't get any damage, but we can ring out some rain this with this higher humidity, and that's what I'm hoping for.
Speaker 4: Well, let me give out the text number if people have weather questions. Now's the time, five sixty six nine. Oh is who you text? Yesterday? I was driving home and I was all excited because I was driving to really like healthy rain, right, good rain, And then drove into my neighborhood and not a drop and I was like, dang it, Now I got to water on my plants. So how scattered are these showers? When are we I mean, when are we going to see like a solid line where I know I'm going to get rain? When am I going to get that?
Speaker 6: You know, when we're dealing with storms of convective nature, you know, it just depends where the first ones go up. And then we always talk about outflow boundaries. When the thunderstorms are kind of dying, they can throw a gush of wind across the ground and that can be a focal point for additional development. Those things, even the highest resolution models don't do a good job picking up on, so you kind of have to watch the radar real time. I will tell you if you're going to get your rain up and down the front range. As I'm looking at our high resolution models, it's going to start. The clouds are going to delay the start because they're delayed the heating, So obviously heating is a component to get the storms going. I'm thinking we're going to be somewhere in the to the three o'clock start. I think the best window goes till about five o'clock, and by five to six they're starting to push past the airport and go onto the eastern planes. So if you're going to get the rain, you're gonna have to see it by five to six. If you haven't seen it by five to six, your only hope would be that an outflow boundary comes back in your direction. But chances for that in this type of environment are going to be on the very low side. So that's your window coverage is about sixty percent Mandy. So I know a lot of people think that that means though there's a pretty good chance you know that you'll get rain, it's decent. It means a lot more of us have a better chance of seeing it, But it's not one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: All right, So we got a couple of questions, and funny, I have three different questions from three different textures, and they are all about the use of the word land spout. Let me read them all to you in one one, little fellow swoop here, Hi, Mandy, can you ask Dave what a land spout is? Mandy? For Dave, difference between a land spout and a dust devil May Wednesday question. Please ask Dave when and why did they start calling tornadoes land falts. So let's clear the air on landsfalts, shall we yep?
Speaker 6: So let me start with the lower end, the dust devil. The dust devil is exactly that. As the ground heats, the air rises, and if it heats in a finite area, you can get the air to rise and kind of swirl a little bit. Generally, a dust devil doesn't do much, and it doesn't connect to the upper atmosphere, and it only lasts as long as it's over that heated source and then it dies away. So if a dust devil comes up and it moves over an area that's cooler, it's just going to die out. The next one would be the land spout and land spout. Tornadoes and that's the frase you'll hear us use are defined as tornadoes. It's just that they form in a different way. So a tornado is generally associated with a large thunderstorm or a cumulomid. This cloud, the whole storm is rotating, and the tornado drops from the center of the storm down to the ground, and that rotating column of air can be violent, and as we know, we have categories for them or a zero one two through the EP scale that we talked about all the time. And the stronger the wind, the more damage you're going to have. The storms can be very large. We don't tend to see them. Most of colorado deals with the F zero EF one. They don't last all that long. A land spout is in essence, a dust devil that starts on the ground because of heating or swirling wind, and as a thunderstorm is growing, just starting to develop, it acts like a suction or a vacuum, and it stucks that rotation up and connects it with the cloud and gives it a little more spin up, and so it grows from a different direction. Now, the lamp spout that did the damage in Franktown yesterday. Most lamp spouts do not do damage. They last very they don't last very long, and their steeds are very very low. But I mean you don't want to be in one. I mean you feeling you've been stung by bees. The one that hit frank Down came up and hit the corner of a building. It looks like it took a roof off of a commercial property. That one only lasted ninety seconds, But ninety seconds enough. Here's the problem when it comes to land spouts. The radar the start at the ground. The radar cannot point directly to the ground radar right, so the radar is pointing over the horizon. So the farther out you get from the radar, the beam is getting higher and higher and higher off the ground because of the curvature of Burey. So because the radar is not pointed at the ground, it's pointed more in the middle aspect of the storms, where we can see the rotation. You don't get the notification of anything happening until it grows tall enough that it might be able to be seen by radar. So, in essence, we can be blind in those respects. When it comes to the technology, once it connects, it can grow tall, and generally the base of the thunderstorm is way up high, and sometimes you'll be able to see it growing up, and it does visually look like a tornado. It's just a different formation.
Speaker 4: But does it ever be come a tornado or is it always a land spout and it's always a tornado based on how they start?
Speaker 6: Now, it's because of the way it started. It's not going to the storm that's generating. It is not the typical formation of a classic rotating comberstorm. It's basically the thunderstorm is growing and the air going into the thunderstorm is kind of drawing up that land spout, if you will. The cloud itself is not generating the rotation and the spent.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it sounds to me as a Floridian. A land spout is the same as a water spout on the water, So.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it can be. But sometimes water stocks can be tornadoes that form over water, and they define them as water stops because they're over water.
Speaker 4: Okay, I've actually been in the Gulf. Yeah, I've been in the Gulf of Mexico on a small boat when I watched the land spout form and It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen in my life and also super terrifying. So I didn't enjoy the as we were running away from it as fast as we could, but it was really fascinating to see it happen in real time. It was really super cool. Here's one's for you, Dave. Ask Dave if a dust devil is related to the Tasmanian devil?
Speaker 6: Yea or the vice versa. Yes, the Tasmanian devil is related to the dust level. Yeah, because dust devils. We all know the cartoon, right, Yes, swirled the dust devil in the cartoon, you know, bugs Bunny and the Tasmanian Devil, a swirling pile of dust creating chaos. And so yeah, I think it's interchangeable. Which came first the chicken of the egg? I can't tell you.
Speaker 4: This is a serious question.
Speaker 2: They need.
Speaker 4: The smoke here on the western slope is awful. Please ask Dave if there's any relief coming dust in the next week. We've got some big fire fires burning on the western slope the border of Utah. Is there any rain coming to give any relief from that?
Speaker 6: You know? Unfortunately, the long range outlook for the next six to ten days. Does keep the western slope dry. They struggle at this time of the year. We're benefiting from a cold front that came in from the gas last night. They did not make it up and over the mountains to the west. So while there will be spotty storms over the west, for instance, the San Juans tomorrow, the San Juan Mountains in the southwest, we'll get some small storms out there, I don't see a huge relief coming. I don't see a widespread rain event enough to you know, put the fires out. The hope with the smoke might be that if we can get a little wind to stir it and get it up in the way. They do have their quality alerts right now for the west and southwest part of the state because of the smoke. It's unfortunate, but that part of the state we've talked about it for months and months and months, is the part of the state. The eastern half of the state has no drought. The western half of the state is still druggling in drought. And the trade off for rain chances may come with lightning, and that of course can spark additional fires. I mean, we've seen the news you know what's happening down in the Grand Canyon area in Arizona. You know, unfortunate to see that the lodge was lost and stuff. So the West is struggling a little bit. I just don't see a big enough storm right now to help. But any wind can help disperse the smoke, and that would be my hope, is that maybe we get the smoke up in a way so that they don't have to deal with the poor air quality and smell.
Speaker 4: Uh. Dave Frasier, Joy as always, my friend. We'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 6: Yep. Have a great rest of your week. You do.
Speaker 4: That is Dave Fraser from Box thirty one, and we'll be right back. Several of you are pointing out in certain ways something similar to this, Mandy, it's the Gulf of America, not the Gulf of Mexico. Trumpy Trump is gonna get mad at you. I would like to point out that not only do I still call it the Gulf of Mexico, I still refer to Mount Evans as Mount Evans. When people change names of something I already know the name of in a fit of peak, I'm not going to be bothered to learn the new one. Okay, I said this when he changed the name, and it's not in any way, shape or form a commentary or any sort of judgment on Trump deciding to do that. I'm just letting you know I'm not going to change what I'm saying. Okay, That's just how it is. I don't have time to learn something new about something I don't really care about, so it will always be Mount Evans. To me, it will always be the Gulf of Mexico. Have you ever had to learn all of the countries in Africa? And I'm very specific about using the African continent as an example, because they are the most guilty of this, although it does happen in other places. When I was a kid, I had to learn a map of Africa, right, I had to learn the countries in Africa. I knew them all, and like fast forward seven years later in my academic journey, I am somehow responsible for knowing countries in Africa again, and I'm like, I got this, except like half the names had changed, and I just thought, I can't be bothered. And to this day, I may know that a country has two different names, but I won't know which one it is. Currently No clue, you know why, because I don't live in Africa. Like if the states started changing their names, I would probably try to keep up. Like if all all of a sudden, Alabama was like, you know what, we're tired of being first, We're going to be Salabama from now on. Probably not, I mean I would do my best to remember Zalabama. That would be kind of cool, you know what I mean, Like a little zip zip bang for Alabama. We've been first all these years. We're going to see how the other end of the alphabet feels. Salabama, hire me for more marketing strategies. Okay, there you go. Anyway. Yeah, I'm not doing it to be uh obnoxious. I'm really not. It's just that's uh no. I know, when my grandmother was alive, my grandmother was a wonderful woman, not my crazy one, my other normal one. And she would give directions. And when my ex husband and I moved closer to my hometown, he didn't know where anything was, so we wouldn't. I tried to spend a lot of time with my grandmother, and uh we'd go over to my grand mother's house and my ex husband would ask her where something was, you know, like oh that sounds good. Where we should go?
Speaker 6: Try that?
Speaker 4: Where is that? And she would give directions. It would be like, okay, go down pass where the old kmart was, Like that Camart hadn't been a kmart in like eighteen years, and she's selling my husband, who just moved there, Go down where pass where the old kmart was. And then when you get down to where morel Salvage used to be, like everything was landmarks that didn't exist anymore. And to my ex husband's credit, he would listen very attentively, and then when we left, he's like, where is she talking about? And I would explain to him what was there now? Oh, okay, you know where this is now? Okay, yes, right there, that's what that used to be. So he had to learn where things were and where they used to be, just so we could get directions from my grandmother. And that's kind of how I feel now. I am my grandmother and I don't care that that old kmart has been a government office for the last, you know, thirty five years. It will always be the old kmart to me. Gulf of Mexico. It's just a thing, you guys. I can't help it. It's been the Gulf of Mexico since fifteen fifty, says this text, way before the US was even a thing. Yeah, I don't care. I just I don't care. I really don't. I still call Stapleton Stapleton, not whatever it's been renamed. I still call it Stapleton. And I'm a transplant. I don't even know what is that area called now, Grant? Do you know what do they rename it? Is that like Central Park? But isn't there a Central Park in the eastern part. I drove through an area kind of in the Littleton area that I thought it was called Central Park two, and I'm like, don't we have two of these generically renamed things.
Speaker 5: The Stapleton neighborhood is now officially called Central Park. The name change was the result of a vote by residents in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and a bunch of do gooders, stupid do gooders, not that we had anything else to be focused out to this texture. Mandy, it's k Martz plural. You are correct, what Dawn by the old K marts. I've never heard it called k Martz. Well that's because you're not from the south. The kts what. Oh, yeah, for sure A coke is always whatever cola beverage comes out of the spout. You just call it a coke.
Speaker 5: But it's not really called k Marts. It's k Mart, right, it is Kmarts. Okay, now I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: Uh this textter said Zalabama could trade with Ioming. See now we're cooking with gas, folks. It's getting good right up and here.
Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and injury lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell.
Speaker 3: Con FM, got Sy Many Connell keeping sad Babe.
Speaker 4: Welcome the second hour of the show. I'm your host, Mandy Connell, and joining me today for Anthony Rodriguez, who is being he's been sentenced to working the morning show for the next day or so. Now Grant's been sentenced on Friday. Yes, community service or you have to get up at three o'clock in the morning. And by the way, that is no disrespect to Colorado's morning news. This is just about the time slot. Yes, all about the time slot morning radio. You have to have a certain kind of constitution to be able to enjoy the morning radio schedule. And I have friends who love it.
Speaker 5: I did it for about six months, and I about month four I really started to enjoy it, and then of course my schedule change correct.
Speaker 4: So don't get too comfortable, no way, no how, anyway. So we're happy to have you, Grant forever, however long it is happy to be here multiple people. Mandy, please just do what you're told and call it the Golf of America. Thank you. I will not. I think one thing you should know about your talk show host is that I can be incredibly stubborn. Mandy. I agree with your sticking to the original names of places, but I have to admit that Gulf of America shrimp costs more and taste much better than the old Gulf of Mexico shrimp. Just asked Bubba gump ps. If I were red lobster going bankrupt, I would definitely change the name to red, white, and blue Gulf of America shrimp all you can eat, except if you're a Democrat. It's a little wordy, you know. I don't know how you fit all that on the sign, but I hear what you're saying. Anyway, Let's talk about some other stuff that's on the blog. No I want to talk about. I started the show with this and now I'm going to kind of expand on this just a little bit more because there's an update yesterday. After getting a message from my nephew that the Druze people in Syria were on the verge of being ethnically cleansed by the quote president of Syria, who is a former Al Kaedi leader and a devowed Islamist. I started digging into it, and I want to start with what the Druze religion is, because we don't really have Druz people here, and there are a lot in the Middle East. They live primarily in Lebanon, Syria, and Israel and have for forever, just forever. And the Druze faith is an Abrahamic, monotheistic, and syncretic religion whose main tenants assert the unity of God, reincarnation, and the eternity of the soul. This is from Wikipedia. Although the Druze faith develop from Islamism, they don't identify as Muslims. They maintain an Arabic language. They do not intermarry. Interfaith marriages are strongly discouraged. You cannot convert to become a Druze. It is a very insular religion, but they're also very good citizens. They've been a wonderful part of Israel. They are the most highly educated ethnic group in the Middle East, and they play important roles in Israel, and they play important roles in Syria. Because the Druz people are loyal to where they are. It doesn't mean that they're loyal to bad people or they're loyal to dictators. But if they're somewhere, if they're going to be in Lebanon, they're going to be good Lebanese citizens. If they're in Syria, they're gonna be good Syrian citizens. If they're in Israel, they're gonna be good Israeli citizens. And that is not enough for this new leadership in Syria, who in the last couple of weeks have gone into Druze areas and worked with the Bedouin tribes to just massacre people. And we have stories of Dru's women being sold into sex slavery by Isis. I'm a story and I don't know if I put it on the blog or not. I don't think I did. I think I put it on X and I didn't put it on my blog. A story of a young yazide women. Yazdi is another religious faction in the Middle East. When she was eleven years old, she was kidnapped and she was sold into sex slavery in Gaza. Ten years later, she was just rescued from Gaza after being held in Gaza as a sex slave since she was eleven. She was just reunited with her family in Iraq. Do you know how she got free? Her captor got killed. Any guesses on who killed him? I'm going to bet Israel. And by the way, Israel and Iraq have no diplomatic relations at all. So Israel retrieved this young woman who's now twenty one years old in Gaza. They then delivered her, I think, to the United States, but I'm not absolutely positive. And in the United States delivered her to Iraq. What Israel facilitated getting this young woman home after ten years? And these are the same people who are allied with the new president of Syria. Why in the world would we think that they would treat minorities fairly? You know, for all the big talk over here in the United States about how unfair our society is, and it is far from perfect. I certainly don't want to put a Pollyanna spin on some of the issues that we do have in this country. But overall, and it's demonstrated by the men yiminy successful black people and brown people in this country. When you do the right thing, when you make good decisions and you don't do dumb crap, you can become very, very successful in this country no matter what color you are.
Speaker 2: No one.
Speaker 4: I shouldn't say no one, but it is no longer acceptable in polite society to discriminate against someone because of their ethnicity or their color, or unless they're Jewish on andronic college campus. It's just not socially acceptable for most people. And yet that's exactly what's going on in the Middle East. So I just got this update and I want to share it with you because now the Syrian government and the Drew's minority have agreed to a ceasefire. And what happened to inspire that ceasefire is Israel dropped a bunch of bombs on Cereal. The announcement this is from the AP came after Israel launched rare airstrikes in the heart of Damascus, an escalation and a campaign that it said was intended to defend the DRUS and push Islamic militants away from its border. The Drews are a substantial community in Israel as well as in Syria, and are seen in Israel as a loyal minority, often serving in the military. So now we have a ceasefire between the Drews and the Syrians, but the UK by based war monitor Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said more than three hundred people had been killed as of Wednesday morning, including four children, eight women, and one hundred and sixty five soldiers and security forces. Notice how they don't distinguish who killed who right, who was killed and who did the killing, because what they're leaving out is that Syrian soldiers were involved in the killing. The strike in Damascus, by the way, killed three people and injured thirty four. Another Israeli strike it near the presidential palace in the hills outside Damascus, and Israel has basically said leave them alone or we will continue. So they're planning to leave them alone at least for now. So I mean, it's just it's a never ending mess. And again I don't want us involved in this other than to have President Donald Trump, who is giving legitimacy to the president of Syria right now, and I understand why he's doing it, right, Like I totally get it. Donald Trump wants to make a deal, and he's still laboring under the illusion that these people are going to honor the terms of the deal even when it's made. I don't believe them. I didn't believe Iran when they signed on to the nuclear deal because they wouldn't let us come in and check or even other countries, not even the United States. So I don't have as much faith. But I do understand if he can get as many countries in the Middle East as possible to just recognize that Israel has a right to exist, that is a sea change now, whether or not as genuine, whether or not at last, I don't know. I mean, put another weak sauce president in the White House, and who knows what will happen. There's always a dictator waiting to act when they feel like the United States is rudderless when it comes to foreign policy. And if rudderless doesn't describe the foreign policy of the Biden administry, I do not know what does. Because it accomplished nothing, zero zip. They couldn't even secure our own borders, let alone expect to help secure other people's borders. It's crazy, really, So that is what's going on, and I'd love for you to just keep your eyes peeled for information on what's going on in Syria. And I said this on Ross's show. My frustration about all of this comes down to one very simple thing. If we elevate this guy, if we somehow prop him up, if we decide that the devil we know in Syria is better than the devil we don't, and make this guy the guy we're hanging our hopes on, it just shows that we have learned nothing from a series of stunningly bad foreign policy disappointments that played out over a period of decades in the Middle East, in other places in Central America. I mean, at what point are we going to realize we suck at picking winners and losers? And a better strategy would be to look at the massive five hundred thousand drus live in Syria. What can we do to ensure that they will not turn on us? And the easiest thing would be to exert influence and pressure on the Syrian president, who, by the way, would love to have status in the world right, He would love to be considered a normal part of society. So why not use that pressure to try and bring him under some kind of realization that the easiest way for him to remain in power is to leave the drus alone, leave the Alowhites alone, let them do their own thing, let them practice their faith freely, let them have their lives. But that's only if the only goal that he has is to be a part of normal society. And I don't think that's what his goal is. I think his goal is the rise of an Islamic caliphate, and anybody he believes as a blasphemer is in the way, which is why we in the United States have to be concerned about it because guess what, you guys, do you think they just want the Islamic Caliphate to be in the Middle East. No, they wanted to be in Europe, where over the last few years, Europe has allowed an unfettered influx of military age Middle Eastern men into their countries. It's not going well, by the way, They're not assimilating. They're attacking young women at public pools in Germany. There are costing women on the streets in France. So much so and I read this and I thought it was a joke, and then I crossed reference to it and it was real. There are women in Paris who have now gotten pet pigs to walk through the streets of Paris, so no Muslim men will bother them. I mean, this is a culture clash of massive proportions. Only the problem is is that we live in the tolerant West. If somebody wants to practice the faith, I don't agree with more power. I mean more power to you. I want you to practice your faith as.
Speaker 2: Much you want.
Speaker 4: I want it to bring you great joy until it starts affecting my ability to live freely and my ability to practice my faith the way I want it practice. That's the West. When you're an Islamist, none of that happens. You're either gonna subjugate, You're gonna find or you're gonna kill people who don't share the same belief system that you have. And that's what's happening now. So I'd love to tell you, I'd love to just operate in a vacuum. And again, I'm not looking for boots on the ground. I'm not looking for direct military action. But I am looking for us to begin the process. And I think Donald Trump is established his credibility as willing to follow through on threats. I think he's pretty much I don't think anybody's gonna doubt him at this stage in the game. So it'll use him as a tool, and when the tool doesn't work, it'll blow up your nuclear facilities or whatever else you have. And I realize this makes Maga super upset and very unhappy. I get it. I don't love it. I wish Congress had the stones to come in and do some of the stuff that needs to be done, but they don't. They're the most cowardly group of people in the entire world, who would rather give their powers to someone else than have to answer at the ballot box for making a choice. It's just, it's incredible. It's absolutely incredible. Every time I do one of these like deep dives into one aspect of Middle Eastern politics, I come away even more horrified and honestly more confident. The Western culture is a superior culture to what they have in Syria, in Lebanon, in any of these Islamist nations. Their culture is not as good as ours. Ours is not perfect, but at least in hours you have the freedom to do dumb things. They're dumb things will possibly get you killed or excommunicated or even your family killed. It's absolutely nuts, but I do wish that you would share. Oh no, I do have the ZD woman's story on the blog today. Let me just share the details of this because the next time some young idiotic girl is wearing a cafea and telling you that Israel is the problem, I want you to share this with her, because these people are on the same side as the people she's supposedly supporting. A twenty one year old woman kidnapped by ISIS fighters in Iraq in twenty fourteen was freed from Gaza this week in a secret operation that involved Iraq, Israel, Jordan, and the United States. The Yazidis, whose faith is rooted in zoro Astrianism, mostly live in Iraq and Syria. They were targeted by ISIS in Iraq Sinjar District in a campaign that killed nearly ten thousand people in a matter of days and saw thousands of women kidnapped, raped, or abused as sex slaves. This woman was taken at the age of eleven and then trafficked to Gaza. She was freed after more than four months of efforts that involved several attempts that failed due to the difficulty difficult security situation resulting from Israel's war in Gaza. The Iraqi Ministry of Foreign Affairs praise the cooperation between the US and Jordan and said the girl was handed over to her family this evening after returning to Iraq, and that again went through the US because Israel and I Rock do not share diplomatic ties. I mean, ten years, how does a sex slave in Gaza? And that's the culture that young women on college campuses who will freak out if a guy asks them out more than once and call it stalking and sexual assault. That's the team they're rooting for now, is the team that sells women into sex slavery and lets them sit there for ten years in Gaza. I mean ugh.
Speaker 1: Ugh.
Speaker 4: Anyway, speaking of culture problems, let me share this story with you. Hey, Grant, did you know that when you're smoking your mess or fentanyl in your glass pipe, it is best to keep the flame moving around the bowl so you melt the drugs instead of burning them. This helps prevent the pipes from cracking and waste less drugs. Did you know that? I think that is something I did not need to know well at all? You know what that is what's being given out to drug addicts by harm reduction specialists who are also handing out foil and pipes for people to continue smoking the unregulated and untested drugs that will probably kill a good number of them.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm glad they're doing it safeer now. I et not wasting any that's important.
Speaker 4: I hate the concept of harm reduction because I don't think it does it. I don't think it. I don't think it is. I don't think harm reduction in other circumstances would be this. Would you say if you knew you had a friend who was a severe alcoholic severe alcoholic, would you call them up and say, you know what, I know that you're going to do this anyway, So I don't want you to get into a car accident. So I am going to come drive you to the bar you can get blackout drunk, and then I'll drive you home at the end of the night so you don't get into a car accident on the way home. That's harm reduction for an alcoholic. Doesn't it sound absurd? I do that for all my friends, of course. What about for your friend who obviously has an eating issue and is morbidly obese? Do you pick them up and take them to the Golden Corral buffet every day, because you know what, They're gonna do it anyway, and at least I'll be there to make sure they don't chuck to death on a chicken wing if I take them there. Is But you say it like that, and it really does sound like the dumbest thing that anybody could ever do. And here's the thing, you, guys. I totally understand that the thinking behind harm reduction is that a dead drug addict will never have the chance to get clean. And that's true, that's absolutely true. But that is why we cannot allow people to wallow in their addiction. I've now spent too much time talking to people who are who are either on I say, on the other side of addiction. I know that addicts can go a very long time being sober and then fall off the wagon and start the whole process again. I understand this, But I also know addicts who are addicts for a very long time, but then now they've been sober for so long that they don't have the same temptations and impulses that they had when they first got clean. And I know some people like this personally. I mean, I know someone who was like a heroin addict for twenty five years and now has been cleaned for thirty years, and they're not in the mindset of an addict anymore. I think that anyone who expects people in the throes of addiction when the brain has stopped making sense and only cares about getting more drugs, and that's what addiction is right. Addiction makes drug addicts choose drugs over their children, over the people they love, over their parents, over everything. That's what addiction can do. And expecting to just keep giving them the stuff they need to keep making a choice that can kill them at any time with a drug supply that is completely untested. We just had a story that there was a bad batch of fentanyl in Baltimore and like thirty people died in a day. Thirty people in a day, and you're handing out pipes and foil to make it easier for them to smoke their drugs. This is completely lost on me, absolutely lost. I think it is well intended and an absolute disaster. And unless you think I'm wrong, I want to share a tweet that was texted out by someone called gen x Genden a few times a month. She says I check in the Denver County Medical Examines fatal OD data twenty twenty five is looking grim. From January to May, we've hit two hundred and fifty five fatal ods, nearly three times the same or for the same period in twenty eighteen, and a seven percent increase from the twenty twenty three peak. And you, guys, drug addiction is often a lagging cause of death because the toxicology reports take so long, so that number will likely go up. So you're gonna tell me that telling people on little cards how to more efficiently smoke their drugs is helping solve the problem. I would say, no, it doesn't seem to be, not at all. We'll be right back in this segment. I want to do something completely different. I have what I'm just calling my silly listener question of the day, and I keep seeing those on the Internet and I love them, and I thought I would just bring them to you. So get ready, get ready to text in your answers to five six six. N I know, but first I want to ask this question respectfully. Mandy is your nephew and Israel. You're a prepper, as you talk Israel more than anything else that support Israel but still think the United States are upon for Israel. They say jump, We ask how Hi? Thanks?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 4: Can't help you? Just can't help you with that. It matters to me because eventually it will be in our laps anyway, that's the thing. Okay. Today's silly listener question is simple. This from a post on x dot com. Okay, algorithm, don't steer me wrong. What was your favorite non traditional gift that you asked for and received as a wedding gift? Building this wedding registry has me stressed, and I have one. When Chuck and I got married, we did not register for gifts we had we did not need gifts, so we didn't have a proper registry. But I have one from my first marriage that is very funny and I'm not gonna say yet because I want to hear what you guys have to say. So the question is this, what is the best non traditional wedding gift you asked for and then got? I actually have another one. One Valentine's Day, Chuck hands me a gift for Valentine's Day and as he's handing me this large box, he hands it to me and says, this is either the best Valentine's Day gift or the worst Valentine's Day gift in history. Intrigued, I opened it and it was a crossbow. Best Valentine's Day gift ever. Seriously, I mean, how cool is that? How cool is that?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 4: Uh, we're asking for non traditional and this first person said, Dinnerware said, that's a very traditional wedding gift. Brant, what are some of the wedding gifts that you and Olivia got, because you guys got married fairly recently. Yeah, I mean just the usual stuff.
Speaker 5: One of them that was really cool was we got a really really nice air mattress that we asked for and got.
Speaker 4: Well, I and what's funny is so I have wedding gifts for my first wedding that I still use. I had this amazing lasagna pan that my my friend who I worked at the radio station with, Simon, he gave me this lasagna pan and this really killers callander. So it was like a little pasta set, you know what I mean. I still have that thing and I use it all the time, and every time I pull it out, I think of him.
Speaker 5: We got a gravy boat that we did not ask for. But then it had one hundred bucks in it, so o gravy. That was just a delivery system for a little grand One other really cool thing that we did not ask for. I know this isn't the question, but one of Olivia's dad's friends made a He took like a huge chunk of wood and made this massive coat rack and that like burn it in certain ways to design it the old railroad ties.
Speaker 4: Is that that? Yeah, that's really cool. A crylic toilet seat with miniature rubber duckies in Boston in it. Mm hmm. That that is a unique and special thing. None of you guys got practical gifts a wedding gifts like non traditional weird things. So here is my story from my first husband. And if you guys don't bring me something else, I'm never gonna do these questions again. I thought you guys would really bring it. I was excited. This is yet another one of those examples where the talk show host thought something was very interesting and the audience is like, Nay, whatever, it's fine. So when my husband, my first husband, and I got married, so this was like nineteen ninety nine, the stores has just started giving you the gun. You know what I mean, the little zapper gun. So they give us this gun. We're mad with power. We're going to do our list. It's like Target or something. And my ex husband zap's a nose hair trimmer. So how many knows harea trimmers do you think we got as wedding gifts. We even got a better nose Haarah trimmer than the one we asked for from someone who was like, you don't want that brand, that's like the amateur brand. So he got a no Zera trimmer. I got a no Zera trimmer. We all got nos hair trimmers. It was fantastic and we had no one to blame but ourselves because, oh, by the way, we forgot to ask him, how do you take something off after you zap it? A Incidentally, we could have asked, but we did not. So we got noshair trimmers as our wedding gift. That was pretty awesome. Someone gave us pre filled out divorce papers as a gag gift. I don't know if I would take that kindly. I really don't know. My oldest son and his wife, they have an ex friend who is an ex friend because when he called to tell him he wasn't coming to the wedding. They said, I'll come to you guys's next wedding, and they were like, yeah, we don't need you in our life. Mandy, we got a condom dispenser. We now have seven boys. Apparently somebody poked some holes in your condoms before they gave them to you. I'm just saying. My best wedding gift didn't come until two years later a divorce. Well, that is non traditional, Mandy. For a wedding gift, I gave a good friend a worm farm set up. She loved it. I mean, but if you know your friend's gonna love it, but what about her spouse? Hey, you married someone who's excited about a worm There's always time to reconsider.
Speaker 2: Mandy.
Speaker 4: We got married just to get a knife. Nice knife set, you, guys. I forgot to talk about my knife I got in Japan. Oh it is it is next level knife. It is so good, so so so good. I am anti knife sets. Just to give you an idea. When I was like twenty, I think maybe twenty one or twenty two. One year for Christmas, my dad gave me my first really good ten inch chef's knife, a Hinkle. I still have it. I still use it all the time. And he said, always buy good knives, even if you can only buy them one at a time. And that's what I did, and I built my knife set based on that and it's pretty dang good and it just got better thanks to Japan Mandy. We gave our friends a partswasher. What is a parts swasher?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Who's parts? What are you washing? Which parts? You? We need more information about that, like private parts, That's what I'm asking, Like car parts, personal private parts parts, your bathing suit covers? What are we talking about here? I'm thinking suit cover maybe, But what does that even look like? Because that seems like that would need to be gender specific, if you know what I mean. That's what we were. There need to be two if there was, you know, unless it was the same sex couple. And not that there's anything wrong with that. I recently gifted a vacuum cleaner to some friends with the note attached this gift sucks well done. That was one of the best gifts we got. Oh you got to love a good vacuum cleaner. Are you really really exactly and vacuum cleaner and you're excited about both of them. Like the first day with the new vacuum. This is what happens. By the way, you're young, you just got your new vacuum, not that long ago, Grant. At some point that new vacuum is gonna need to be replaced, and you guys are gonna go out, you're gonna find you're gonna go buy a new vacuum, and you're gonna bring it home and one of you is going to put it all together, and then you're gonna go, I'm just gonna vacuum and see, and you're gonna suck up so much dirt. You're gonna be horrified, and you're gonna take the canister and you're gonna show your wife, Oh my god, that old vacuum wasn't doing this at all. I've I've had that exact same experience at least six times, because I have bought six new vacuums, and every time, oh my god, we're savages. Look at this, We're living in filth. Should have replace this. Years ago. My husband's first gift to me after we were married was a down sleeping bag, the best ever. We were campers, hikers, hunters, so this was valuable to me perfect gift, best gift for my first marriage, the number do an outstanding divorce attorney. All these pessimists given gifts. Uh oh, Mandy, I gave a shot back twice. It wasn't asked for, but well received. Who doesn't love a shot back? I mean, come on, a shot back is one of the most versatile tools in every garage. Mandy. We registered at ARII thirty five years ago, got tents, camping, cookware, and doggy bag packs for our two Golden Retrievers. Doesn't apply to me, but once I get a friend, I wait. I gave a friend couple a bicycle built for two. Oh, that's really sweet. That's very sweet. We didn't ask for this, but some friends gave us a Coleman cooler for our wedding forty years ago. Our twenty nine year old daughter now uses it for camping. They don't build him like they used to. Okay, I got a bunch of good stuff. Now we'll be back with a few more of these are right after this. You're killing my text line though. This guy is literally just texting every stream of thought coming into his head, and I'm trying to get back to the comments that you guys made off the topic at hand, and he is literally just filling up my text thread and he's not even talking about this show anyway. First of all, Grant, we have clarification. A parts cleaner is for car parts. Oh so our minds were just in the shutter. Yeah, well I didn't know that that's a thing. I've never cleaned car parts before, just left them dirty, or assume someone else cleaned them. I don't know. Mandy. I'm from Kansas. My wife and I received a homemade quote with our name on it and the date we were married. Now that's a very touching wedding gift. I'm talking about practical, non traditional, like wow, you open this up and you're like, well, I did not expect that kind of gift. Just you know, Mandy, a friend of mine gives toasters but has them engraved with the newlyweds name so they can't take it back. That is the most passive aggressive gift giving I have ever heard. Mandy. I bought a new Speed Queen washer and dryer last year, and I washed clothes for the next week. This washer and dryer is so much better than the old front load. Yeah, we all do it. We all do it, guys. I'm asking the question about your non traditional wedding gifts. You can text it to five six six nine. Oh. This one. We gave our oldest niece and her husband some bland wedding gift for public assumption and a secret gift with the administ to open it up in private. The joy of sex and more joy of sex. They were both very religious and innocent souls. They told us privately later that was one of their best gifts, as they knew some of the mechanics but not the details. They have four children now, sometimes they need a little help. I think they figured it out. Yep, seems like they got The books were probably very helpful. Best wedding gift I gave was a six foot step ladder. I'm not sure why, but I don't I wouldn't complain. Here's one, Mandy. I've never had any complaints about the envelope with the Benjamins. I like to give a thoughtful wedding gift that represents my relationship with the people getting married in some way, shape or form, because I'm not kidding everything I have For my first marriage, which was in nineteen ninety nine, I remember who gave it to me. I also remember when Chuck buys me things where we were when he bought them, like a gift, or if we're on vacation. What vacation I bought something on and I you know, I don't know why my brain works like that, but I can't remember my daughter's cell phone number. No idea, Mandy. I gave a set of congas to a couple that did a lot of percussion. We brought them in wrapped, but they were pretty easy to identify. Some said that we raised the bar, and that's what I'm talking about. You knew the couple and you bought something highly personal. I just I think that's really good, Mandy. Years ago, the wind blew my trash can away, and as a single mom, I didn't have the money to replace it. My neighbors bought one for me and gave it to me from a birthday. I took the lid, jumped in and said, it's a perfect fit. That's the way you go. Who knew trash cans were so expensive? Gully, They're ridiculous, It's so dumb.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I actually have a friend who lives in a different city. She doesn't live here, and you have to buy like the super expensive seventy gallon heavy duty lid ones, but you have to pay for them, and her neighbor kept stealing hers. Not only this, so this was like an older lady, but she had it on ring camera footage. So she went over to tell the lady she was taking her trash cans back. Lady had already spray painted her name on the top of them and said, those are clearly not yours, those are mine. She shows her the ring camera footage and she's like, oh, well, I didn't know those were yours, Like they just occurred, like the trash can fairy had just dropped them off. But it was a huge kerfuffle, a big kerfuffle. Mandy. We got a really nice luggage set for four and eighteen years later we're a family of four. There you go. Um, let me see here, Mandy. We had Waterford glasses on our registry, including champagne flutes that we received early to use for our toast at the reception. I have a pair of waterfor why did they didn't make it through the twenties? Just letting you know. By the way, if you ever come to my house, you'll notice my beautiful wineglasses are often from the dollar store. Not gonna lie. I have a whole set of party wine glasses that I got at the dollar store. Guess how much they cost? Grant a dollar? Correct direct, There you go. Let me see here, I'm trying to go the um. Did you mention the cool hummingbird feeders one that came in yet?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I didn't see that one at all. Is it the top one? Oh, cool hummingbird feeders? Yes, except hummingbird feeders attract bears where I live, so it's kind of like put them out at your own risk kind of thing. Mandy, we got a cheap framed poster of both Jesus and the Blessed Virgin from Aunt Aggie. She wrote a note saying these are for the bedroom. They're in the pole barn. Now, yeah, I'm not putting Jesus at the Mother and Mary in my bedroom. They don't need to see any sort of business that's going on in there. That's the last thing I need to have to explain to Saint Peter when I hit the pearly gates. Mandy, We gave our son and daughter in law a female calf. It's a gift that keeps on giving what let me see the end of that. To date they now have fought cows. Yes it is, and we gave our hang on Mandy. For my wedding gift, we got some baby clothes yep. Shotgun wedding, still married after fifty five years. Last one, Mandy. For my first wedding in nineteen seventy, I received a General Electric electric skillet. My husband polished the lid and we still use it in our RV today, fifty plus years later. That's when they do how to make compliances by gosh, by gully. Now they're practically disposable by back in my day.
Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and injury lawyers.
Speaker 2: Well, no, it's Mandy Connell, Andy, Dona.
Speaker 3: Ka ninety one at them got to Sadi and the Nicys through three by Connell.
Speaker 2: Keeping sad thing.
Speaker 4: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to the third hour of the show. I'm your host, the afore mentioned Mandy Connell. Anthony Rodriguez not here with us today. He did the morning shift. Grant Smith is here doing this until Friday when he has to do the morning shift. What is who did Zach pay off? That he doesn't have to do the morning shift. Well, there's a little more to it, yeah than most shows.
Speaker 5: So not to throw Zach under the bus, but he's relatively new and our boss is so nice now that people don't get thrown into the fire like when a Rod and I started to stop it.
Speaker 4: He's not that nice.
Speaker 5: I'll talk to him about that thro the fire he is. He's not there yet, but he will get there. And by the way, yeah, on your last topic, I forgot. We got a kayak as a wedding gift. That's fantastic inflatable kayak which I thought was going to be a nightmare, and we took it out and it was the easiest thing to pump up in the world and we've used it so many times.
Speaker 4: It was a great gift, excellent, and we asked for it and we got excellent. I'm on, have bought you that grant? You might have I'm thinking about her, like, wait a minut, how I vollue that grant And we gotta talked about it and I was like, no, that's an awesome gift. This is my favorite, uh non traditional wedding gift. This one said. We got a sex swing and we're still rocking it. You have to know somebody to give that as a gift, you know what I'm saying, Like, you just don't randomly give a sex swing to someone without without understanding. Oh yeah, yeah. Anyway, I got a couple of Colorado stories I want to jump into. You know, Phil Wiser is running for governor and he's trying to find ways to give himself an edge. Michael Bennett is crushing the fundraising, I mean crushing the fundraising and really sucking up all the oxygen and the Democratic primaries for governor. So he's kind of doing some stuff that part of it is a panda and part of it is to signal that he's going to fight Trump. So what are we talking about here? First of all, you, I mean I kind of went through this stuff with Wanda James, the CU regent who also owns retail marijuana establishments, who actually aggressively attacked CU's high on THHC program because it wouldn't Darry hurt her business. She didn't say that, but that's the real reason, and the other board members censured her, which really means nothing. I mean, you have to have an honorable society before CenTra actually means anything. But nonetheless she was censured by the other board members, and Phil Weiser has come out to say that's wrong. Dang it. That is the direct pander to the African American community, of which wanted James is a member. The second thing that Pilweiser has done. And part of me actually feels sorry for Phil because he's done all the right things that you're supposed to do. I mean, let's be real, AG stands for aspiring governor, right, So he's done all the right things. And now you know, Michael Bennett comes in. And Michael Bennett, though a very nice fella, I can't tell you a single accomplishment of Michael Bennett in the US Senate. I'm not saying there's not any, but what I'm saying is I can't tell you what any of them are. And now Phil Wiser's probably gonna lose the Democratic primary to Michael Bennett because he's a senator and name recognition and blah blah blah. So in order to raise his profile, he's signing on to all these lawsuits against the Trump administration. And the latest one is a coalition of twenty one state attorney generals who are calling on Congress to prohibit federal immigration agents from wearing masks and plain clothes. Now, guys, if ICE agents hadn't just been shot at at at a pot farm in California, if an ICE agent hadn't recently been shot through the throat just going to work, if Democrats weren't out there calling for violence against size agents, I probably would be like, you know, they kind of have a point. But I did go back. I looked on the internet for any indication that Phil Wiser was calling for protesters in Denver to remove their masks, or maybe a mask ban in public spaces like New York City is pursuing. Now do you know they're doing that? New York City is like, no more masks because now criminals are using them to hide what their faces are. And that's absolutely true. Same with the protesters. If you're so proud to come out and protest, show your face. Now, of course you could say, Mandy, if they're so proud to work for the government, show your face. There's a big difference. And let me tell you what it is. If you have fifty protesters out there and ten of them go rogue and start doing terrible things in burning down buildings or whatever. Do you now you find out how or who those protesters were, so maybe you could arrest the guilty. I don't know either, because protesters to show up, right, there's just a group of people who got together to be mad about something or because they want to riot or loot or whatever their end game is. If I watch fifty ICE agents go in and arrest people and ten of them do things that are wrong, do you know what recourse I have. I can go to ICE and say, you've got to find out out of your fifty agents, which ten we're doing the bad things? Because all fifty we know exactly who those fifty people are. Someone does they can be held accountable, and I grab this story. This is fun, you guys, this is super fun. A San Antonio City Council candidate publicly urged violence against federal agents, echoing a recent terrorist ambush by far leftist Matthew Ghana. Sounds a lot like guano, which is batpoop. I'll make that joke. A self described Democrat and candidate for San Antonio City Council is facing backlash after posting a now deleted post on x calling for the deaths of ICE agents. He said, I want to see a few dead ICE agents, Los Angeles. Don't let me down now. This is after a group of terrorists and far left US ambushed the Prairie Land Detention Center in Alphado, Texas. During a July fourth assault, armed suspects and tactical gear, open fire on law enforcement, and shot a police officer in the neck. Those ten people have been charge with attempted murder. Democratic leaders like Representative Jiapaul labeled ICE a terrorist force and praised those obstructing its operations. Acting ICE Director Todd Lyons and DHS warned that such rhetoric correlates with spikes and violence against ICE, including a five one hundred to seven hundred percent increase in assaults on ICE officers. DHS Assistant Secretary McLaughlin said demographic data showed a four hundred and thirteen percent increase in assaults against ICE officers in twenty twenty five, and warned that comparison to Hitler's gestapo or encouragement of writers is beyond the pale. But other Democrats have also come out to say their constituencies are demanding bloodshed and that's why I'm okay with ICE agents being able to wear masks right now because with the Internet, people can find out who they are, and they can tell people where they live. And now you're going to put their families and everyone else in danger. And before you give me any kind of crap about where they're ripping families apart, the people that they're arresting overwhelmingly are people who have broken the law in the United States of America. They have some kind of deportation order for something. These are agents of the government. I don't love the government, but these are agents of the government, not rogue people who are just walking around snapping people up and throwing them in vans. So stop it, just stop it. When we get back, guys, gals, I need you to take about two minutes of your time and fill out a survey. The guver's heard that we all hate his ugly ass bridge, and now it's time to make sure he hears that loud and clear. I need you to do Colorado a solid. Okay do people still use that phrase? Grant do me a solid? I still like it. I'm bringing it back, Okay. I'm not hip anymore, though. Well, you know the best thing. The best thing about being old is that you don't care about being cool anymore, which actually makes you cooler, right, it's the geezer paradox well known. There's a survey now. Apparently word has gotten back to the governor that not only does Kyle Clark hate his walkway, everyone else in Colorado hates the walkway idea. If you've not seen this, he wants to build this twisting, meandering, multi million dollar, useless bit of walkway in front of the capitol, but only on one side of the front of the Capitol. It completely disrupts the balance of the entire thing. He envisions it being full of artwork or something like that, but we in reality know it will be full of homeless people. And you're in. So this is our chance, Colorado, this is our big chance to stop the madness.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: I have put a link in multiple places. There's a link on my x account, there's a link on the blog today, but you can also just go, okay, listen to the url. Okay, it's of course the three ws. Then co Colorado one fifty walkway dot com CO one fifty one five zero CO one fifty walkway dot com. And there's a survey there, and I'm gonna walk you through the survey just to tell you which answers you should complete. Now you get to this big once you take the survey, you get this big one hundred Colorado, one hundred and fiftieth birthdays coming. What do you think of the proposed one hundred and fiftieth walkway at the state Capitol? And they ask, where's your zip code? Okay, perfect, put in a zip code. There you go submitting, and now there's a bunch of blah blah blah, a bunch of how cool it's going to be, a bunch of wouldn't it be amazing? A bunch of what people are saying. And then then we get to the questions and they are this voting closes on the twenty first. By the way, should Colorado proceed with the proposed one hundred and fiftieth anniversary walkway at the State Capital Complex? The answer is no. If Colorado does not proceed with the one hundred and fiftieth anniversary walkway, would you like to see and these are a multiple choice question, a major one hundred and fiftieth anniversary project in our state's capital city of Denver, or several smaller scale anniversary projects in other parts of the state that reflect our rich history and diverse culture, or no anniversary projects at all.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: I voted for the second one because I think it would be really interesting to go to important places in Colorado and have a celebration to kind of spread the wealth about the one hundred and fiftieth anniversary to other parts of the state, not just Denver. If Colorado does proceed with the one hundred and fiftieth Anniversary walkway, would you like to see the full one hundred and fiftieth anniversary walkway built as planned, or the one hundred and fiftieth Anniversary Walkway scale back to a smaller project. I left that blank. You're not gonna trick me, mister governor. And then the last one, twenty twenty six is just around the corner. Are you more excited about Colorado's one hundred and fiftieth anniversary the United States two hundred and fiftieth anniversary or both equally, And I'll let you do what you pick them on that for you. For me, it's about the US anniversary, but that's just me. And then you can join the Governor's propaganda I mean mailing list. You can do that there. So CO one fifty walkway dot com. Just scroll through all the crap to get down to the survey at the bottom. We have to bury this pedestrian walkway before it even gets off the ground. People, this vanity project, this legacy nonsense. We have to make it go away. And the only way to do that is to resoundingly reject this in this survey, so the governor starts to understand how much we just don't want this just don't. So there you go, people, I just it literally. You saw how long and I read them out loud. You don't even need to read them out loud, so you could probably do the whole thing in about thirty seconds. Just remember, don't fall for the trick question about if we do build this monstrosity. That's not what they say, it's what I say, So don't fall for it, because they're kind of sneaky that way, all right, you guys. I got a bunch of other stories on the blog today, including oh I embedded an X thread just because it is an X thread, babies doing the cutest thing ever, and if you're having a bad day, I don't care who you are.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: A baby discovering that they have control over their own foot is fascinating. A baby hearing a violin for the first time and being entranced by it fascinating and it'll make you feel good. I got a little misty. I did a couple of them. I did. It's true. Baby's doing cute things. You just can't go wrong with that. When we get back, I want to talk about the cuts that are coming to the federal budget. The recision process has started in DC and it looks like, at least out of the Senate, the cuts to PBS and NPR are going to go through. Not sad about that, but the Senate passed eight billion dollars worth of cuts and we're supposed to be excited about it. Yay, we'll talk about it next. When you send us a text, send all the thoughts in one. The text messages do not come in in order, okay, And if you send fifteen or twenty texts in a row, there's no guarantee they're gonna be in order. So now I don't even look at them, and it annoys the ever living crap out of me. Probably shouldn't mnit that, because now you guys, you're bad actors. Anyway, I got a couple stories on the bar on the blog that I want to talk to you. Great, let me ask you a question as a uh, you're like a younger excuse me, Yeah, you're a younger, younger millennial. Right, you're like at the end, yes, okay, as a younger millennial. How much network television broadcast network television do you watch, like on actual TV channels? Yeah? None?
Speaker 5: Okay, And well, I mean I watched shows, right, but like that's after like, like I said, I think I said yesterday, we just watched The Bear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we didn't watch it when it was airing on FX. I watched it on Hulu. Network is not a broadcast network. We're talking NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox News. You're ones you can get over the air on an antenna. Yeah. The only thing I'm watching on those networks as sports. For the first time since Neilsen began tracking TV use by platform four years ago, and probably the first time ever, over the air networks accounted for less than twenty percent of viewing in June. That is insane to me.
Speaker 5: It's crazy just from the way I grew up, because that's what everything was on Bret back.
Speaker 4: When I was a kid. We already had three channels, and we had this giant Antetna that was by our house that went up like forty feet. It might have been a little too close to the house because we could use it to climb onto the roof. Someone did not think that through, okay at all. So now you got cable, you got all that stuff, You got everything going on. To the Texters who are now texting one words, I'm going to block you from now on and you will not be able to tech any shows.
Speaker 5: Well, and it's just like, if you really do want to get your point across, it's important. There's so many texts coming in you're not gonna go to.
Speaker 4: Jumble of nonsense and it is so irritating. That's crazy and they'll never get rid of Yeah, and I'm just not reading now, just because we also see the phone numbers, you guys, so I know who's doing it. That's the thing. Please stop. Just put everything in one sole im asking. So now you've got a broadcast television under twenty percent for the first time. Now, part of the problem is that broadcast television is still using a broadcast television calendar. Right, you got new shows coming up in the fall. Did you watch any new shows that you're like, yeah, I kind of want to see that come back. In the fall. We watched one called Oh no, this is part of the problem. Oh, it's it's a show I really like to leave character she was always in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. The chick from that show, The Blonde Chick. Oh yeah, where she's like a lawyer or something. No, she's actually a super genius single mom who helps the solve crimes. I love crime procedurals, like I just enjoy them. I have seen a couple of episodes. I loved that show, and I'm excited for it to come back. But broadcast television is like, oh, we're going to give you new shows in the fall. In the spring, and then the summer, you're supposed to watch repeats. Guess what, we're not watching the repeats. I can't remember any is Abbott Elementary? Is that that's still on? Yeah, that's that's a broadcast shots. That's a good one. Yeah there was another one. But now High Potential, that's the show. I'm trying to think, Yes, High Potential, I have some very entertaining They're very entertaining. So ghosts that's funny too. That's a very funny concept. That's a good show. Back in the seventies and the sixties, you had all these wack a doodle concepts that got made into shows. I would like to see us go back to wack a doodle concepts for shows like ghosts, which is that what did she move into a house? And the ghosts of many many different generations still live in the in the house and it works. And that I mean, the costume budget's got to be nothing because they wear the same costumes all the time, every time. The guy with the arrow yea on through his head exactly. So there you go, Mandy, none of them. I wouldn't even know how. At this point, everything is streaming. Well, that's the other thing. A lot of people gave up their regular cable because streaming was gonna be so much cheaper, And now streaming costs as much where if not more.
Speaker 5: It's kind of like Airbnb hotels, yes, yes, or Uber and Lyft and cabs.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: In New York City, a cab is almost always cheaper. I check. I have the taxi ab, I have the taxi app, and I have Uber and Lyft, and I will check to see how much it's going to cost me to get somewhere on all three platforms, and the taxi cab in New York City is almost always cheaper always. You can find my blog this text are asked by going to mandy'sblog dot com or Randy Cromwell dot com. I know that direct is never gonna not I'm always gonna enjoy that always. And you can look for the latest posts and look for the headline that usually says today's date and blog that's going to be a blog. You might have to scroll over because we do post interviews there as well. Mandy, Nobody wants this great show but on Netflix, I already watched that. Nobody wants this so good. Adam Brody plays a young rabbi who falls in love with the Shiksa Kristin Bell, and they are delightful together. I never watched it, but my wife obsessed so good. It's so so good. And I think Kristen Bell and Adam Brody are nominated for an Emmy, so the any awards, Like I was gonna put him on the blog today, but they did not nominate.
Speaker 5: Gutfeld for talk show and that's ridiculous. I mean, I don't watch it, but I know that it has a huge following.
Speaker 4: It's not just that it's so funny. It's so much funnier than Stephen Colbert. At this point, it really is. It just goes to show. Like everything else in Hollywood, there is a serious anti right bias dy. Back in my day, nineteen seventy, there were five stations in Denver. Well weren't too lucky. We had PBS, CBS, and ABC. We did not have NBC, and I missed the entire Cosby Show. Thing. Did not see the Cosby Show until I went to college. Yep, I do watch broadcast channels quite a bit. NCIS is my favorite show, and I always watch Jeopardy. I gotta tell you, guys, I've been watching NCIS since the beginning, and now I just watch it because I'm committed. Right. It's like, I'm not going to be a quitter. If this show is going to be on fifty years, by god, I'm gonna watch it for fifty flipp in years, even the years that it's just not very good. I think the cast they have now is pretty good. We'll see what happens. Mandy. I watched Mysteries on PBS Channel six. They had many series that are really good in a little edgy you just want to keep watching. PBS has always had quality programming, and when that was one of the few channels that we had, I grew up watching Masterpiece Theater with Alistair? Was it Alistair Cook? Welcome to Misterpiece Theater. Tonight's on, I Claudius and you'd give you the little synopsis of what happened in the last few episodes, Mandy. Point number one, viewership percentage goes down for so many reasons, more competition and sources. Point number two, it's too expensive. Wages haven't increased at the same rate as inflation and expenses. YouTube has tons of free stuff and can go on any TV. Xbox has YouTube, Huluu all these apps. You don't even need a smart TV and Samsung point three? Are all my rants like this at every station? Am I a buffoon? Do they come in in weird orders? All my efforts defending Kobe the game's only started. I don't care about Kobe. I don't mean to be a jerk, but I there's not even enough words to tell you how little I care about Kobe. I do uber and lyft for the law for the life of me, I don't know how people afford it as their daily transportation. I only get seventy percent of the fare, and I feel like I'm robbing them. You know what, You're just engaged in a capitalist exchange, that's all. Mandy, I live in southeast Wyoming, eight miles from the Colorado border, picked up a thirty dollars digital antenna pointed at south and get all the Denver stations no charge. And that's what a lot of people who rely on streaming do now for the network stations. But I don't know how they would get credit for that, and maybe that's why it seems like their numbers are dipping so much. That's a good point. I didn't even think about that because I know a lot of people that have the over the air and digital antennas and they work really really well. I mean, they're digital quality. So you know, I'm not willing to put a fork in network television's stomach just yet and say they're done. But it is definitely not the world it used to be where they kind of ran everything. Now I want to switch gears for just a second. You know, Trump has been at Jerome Powell in the FED for some time now, But wouldn't it be interesting if the thing that leads to Jerome Powell being axed or quitting is the insane renovation that they are doing at the Federal Reserves headquarters in Washington, d C. The Federal Reserve is renovating, and I think that's important, renovating two massive buildings, but not that massive, two big buildings in Washington, D C. And the price tag, Grant, take a guess on how much it's costing to renovate the Federal Reserve buildings. Give me a guess, Grant, Grant, give me a guess. I just want you to guess to see how wrong you are. They're renovating the Federal Reserve buildings in Washington, d C. Two buildings. How much is the price tag right now? Seventy four million dollars? That is adorable, Grant, right now, the price tag is you're sitting down two point five billion dollars billion. I almost have like a Brewster's Millions moment. Have you ever seen millions with priory? Yes, where he gets like ten million dollars and he gets to keep more if he spends the ten million in thirty days or something like that. I mean, don't get me wrong. I have amazing taste. I can walk into a furniture store and the only thing that I like is the most expensive thing in the furniture store, and I find that out before I look at any of the prices. I have incredibly expensive taste. I think I would struggle to spend two point five billion dollars on a renovation. They just built a new Universal Studios for five hundred million from scratch.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 4: I mean I can't even what and think how many things are in Universal Studios?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all the electronics and everything else. The President is extremely concerned or excuse me, extremely troubled by your management of the Federal Reserve system. Instead of attempting to write the Fed's fiscal ship, you have plowed ahead with an ostentatious overhaul of your Washington, DC headquarters. That from a letter, and that was from Russell Vaught, the Office of Management and Budget Director, a letter to Jerome Powell. It would be fascinating if this is the thing that got Jerome Powell kicked out. Jerome Powell's being blamed for something that is not his fault, and that is mortgage rates. Because though lower mortgage rates are often correlated with lower mortgage rates, they are not necessarily connected. It's the ten year treasury that mortgage rates are more indexed to for a variety of reasons, mostly having to do with the fact that a mortgages a long term investment, not a short term investment. And the reason that those two things are correlated most of the time low interest rates and good mortage rates is because that's when our economy is getting ready. It booms with low interest rates. We've got low inflation, we're employment is good, so interest rates can be low, and the economy is usually roaring, which means that investors will buy our bonds. When they won't buy our bonds, then the price of a ten year bond yield goes up. And that's where we've been. And I think until we show some seriousness to really cut spending, not just nine million dollars that they're probably gonna cut through recisions, those investors are going to be a little more cautious. And that's going to keep that ten year treasury wheeled up where it is now, and that's going to keep the housing market locked up until one of two things happen. People just decide screw it. I'm going to take the mortgage at six point seven and figure it out later. But you know, we're in a tough situation. I don't think Jerome Powell has done a good job, to be clear. I think he's slept on what he said was transitory inflation, which clearly wasn't clearly was never transitory oriinflation. And he's just he's not done a great job managing things. Mandy, that's about what Ross is spending on trees, not bad. Wait is he building the Ross Mahaja? When Susan Witkin was renovating her house, I called it the Susan the Susan mahal as in the Taj Mahal. Right, I'm just gonna start calling Ross's the Ross Mahal.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, every commercial I hear he does for construction companies and more rooms exactly exactly.
Speaker 4: Mandy got to pay the union workers. Yeah, probably so anyway, Mandy. Media and Communications Networks. Reagan's FCC eliminated regulations like the Fairness Doctrine in nineteen eighty seven, enabling the growth of conservative media networks such as talk radio and cable news. Democrats generally supported maintaining regulations to ensure balanced media coverage, which could be seen as an effort to contain media expansion. Oddly, though, the Democrats are not demanding that the publicly funded networks do a better job at presenting both sides. If they really believed in it, they could absolutely enforce the fairness doctrine on public radio. But I don't hear them calling for that. It's so weird. We're either about to have rain or an alien invasion. That's what it looks like outside. I'm hoping for aliens. Well, I didn't bring my umbrella in, so I am too. I certainly don't need rain like this. No, I do need rain, I just need it at my house. It looks a little green, doesn't it. That's scary because that's the really tornado stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looks sketchy out there. We'll see. I'm hoping I can get done and like race to my car and at least grab my umbrella. Mandy, Well, what you've got to say? Billion, like doctor Evil, two point five billion dollars hand too, of course you can. I mean, if you're going to do an impre commit dude, I think the Cowboys Stadium costs two point five billion Mandy. I still have an old school big antenna on the house and never miss an episode of This Old House on PBS. I still miss Bob Bob Bob. What was Bob fila? Yes, Bob vila from this Old House. We used to watch This Old House when I was a kid. Maybe that's my love for you know what, I might do a whole hour tomorrow on what the blank is happening at HGTV? Okay, because I have one favorite network and it is HGTV, and they are canceling shows left and right, and they canceled two of my favorites. Did you post something about it recently? I'm so mad I right now. I was like, what are we doing now? They have like dumb eighties movies on there, not even good ones, like dumb ones. Don't mess with my channel. People don't mess with it. Do you think they're gonna have Pacburrow racing on the OA Show? Ryan Edwards? Since you're in here, I'd like to get your thoughts good. Yeah, fit my way. HGTV is so funny because my parents love this channel. I love it. They just no stop watching them, Like, are you guys gonna do renovations? Like no, no, no, no, I was just like watching it. I was like, well, are you saying it like getting some ideas? No, no, no, we just we just really enjoy it. I like to keep on trend, so when I do go to sell my house, I'll know quickly how to make it work for this when we we've remodeled our entire house over the last ten years, Like at every room in our house has been completely redone, but some of them, like generally speaking, I go just classic. I don't want anything that's going to be trendy. I don't want any of that crap. I'm just like something easily adaptable with a different backslash kind of stuff. And HGTV helps me, first of all, know I am never doing that my house because some of these trends they come out and they're just you're like, well, you're going to regret the crap out of that in two years. Like that's gonna be everyone painting their brick. Oh I don't mind painted brick, but be judicious about it. Okay, that's all I'm saying. No, I guess my parents have that things. They did the tiles, subway tile stuff in the kitchen. Yeah, I played out now they'll feel figure that out. They keep watching its classic though it really is, it's classic. I mean yeah, you know, I mean you watch the you know the things, you know the things. And now it's time for the most exciting segment on the radio on its guy World of the Day. I see it, I see it here. I can't do it without the pen. What's the dad joke of the day? Please, the dad joke of the day. And I like this one once I pull it back up.
Speaker 5: I took my eight year old daughter to the office with me on take your kid to work Day. We were walking around the office and she started crying. As my co workers gathered around, she sobbed. She said, Daddy, where are all the clowns you said.
Speaker 2: You worked with?
Speaker 4: Yes, that came from somebody's real life one thing. That is like a real life story. Because kids, they will say the things you do not want them to say at the wrong moment, wrong moment. All right, what's our word of today? Please? Word of the day today? Object A B J E C T. Complete and total abject failure, abject disaster.
Speaker 5: I would say that is wrong, okay, extremely bad or severe?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: You can also be described as something that feels or shows shame or someone lacking courage or strength.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a whole new world right there for me to object. Obviously, didn't know what that meant before I started using it regular Well, here we go. Who invented the recipe for green bean casserole? I suspect it was the onion people.
Speaker 5: I think it's onion, big French fried onion.
Speaker 4: Hey, you got to play with us here, we're going to do We're not to be ready to do jeopardy. No, of course, it was invented by the ever famous Dorcas Riley back in nineteen fifty five working at the Campbell's Soup Company test kitchen. So it was the soup people. It's big soup, not big onions.
Speaker 5: You got to have that cream of mushrooms, of course, and I make it like a bechamel with mushrooms, and it's delightful.
Speaker 4: But it's not as good as the dang can just saying, you.
Speaker 5: Know, that's also my nickname for Ryan Bechamel. Dorcas, Oh, Dorcas great.
Speaker 4: There we go. All right, let's do category one. The nicest things people are gonna say about you today, So don't rate the text slide Sports Jeffardy category for today. Ray me r a y me. Okay, they're all going to be raised.
Speaker 5: The twenty sixteen film The Founder starred Michael Keaton as a man It was Ray Crock.
Speaker 4: Wow. I did not know that was a good movie. That was a really good movie. Yeah, next one.
Speaker 5: He and his younger brother Dave both picked up the guitar and formed the band The Kinks.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, oh my god. Ross is screaming at the radio, and it's a name that everybody says the wrong way. What is their name? O god? And I believe it's pronounced Davis. Terrible. Yeah, I believe it is. Ross interviewed him and asked, but I have to remember I'm so disported in both of us. That's terrible. Ryans, we just stop right now and not Okay, go ahead, what's the next?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Guys will get this one. Okay. After a sitcom on which everybody loved Ryan, what is everybody loves Raymond? Incorrect? Who is ray Romano? Correct? That's a big swing right there, that's yeah.
Speaker 5: One of his less intense rolls was as shoeless Joe Jackson.
Speaker 4: In front of Dreams. Correct back to zero.
Speaker 5: Last one he had a number one hit with the title song from Ghostbusters.
Speaker 4: Oh God, uh Ryan, Ryan, who is Ray Parkers? Correct? I was like raised something Junior, But I can two to one Ryan swinging a miss on everybody loves Raymond costin big Yeah, hold on no that that was a minus one and then you had to fight back over the next two to get back to.
Speaker 6: I had to.
Speaker 4: I had to. I thought you got one that you got wrong. That would be Kraft and Ray Croe. Yeah, was in the It was in KO Sports today, which you got Harris, So it would be a lot of fun. We'll be reacting to the game last night. The Broncos signed their first round pick, which is also very exciting. Rookies report today, So all sorts of fun stuff coming up. The busy, busy busy gets coming back coming up next. We got another full show tomorrow. Keep it right here on ko A