Speaker 1: Old time is here. No time to fear.
Speaker 2: Corilla is so near because show time is here.
Speaker 3: So on with the show.
Speaker 2: Let's give it a go. Carrilla is the one that you need to know.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: It's show time.
Speaker 5: All right, in just sixty seconds. The most fabulous I mean, he's really something, the best, most fabulous host will be here. He just tells the truth all the time, bigly. And he's funny, this guy. Have you heard him? Yeah, he's funny and smart, smart and funny, not like those nasty people on lamestream media. So don't go anywhere. He's almost here. I know he doesn't speak well of me, and that's okay, because I mean, he's really quite fabulous.
Speaker 3: Let's play a game today.
Speaker 4: Let's try to figure out when exactly did America stop having standards? Plus, Mexico is all in a tither about gentrification, But whose fault is that we don't talk about it today?
Speaker 1: Honey, uncensored, unfiltered, un hinged. It's the Curel Cast. Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 4: It is the cREL Cast, and I am Corel. Honey, When did America stop having standards? We're gonna try to figure that out. Today, and also gentrification comes to Mexico and they don't like it. Well, whose fault is that? We're gonna talk a little about everything. Welcome tomorrow. Warner, poor thing out swimming in Costa Rica one minute and dead and drowned the next. My thoughts go out to his family and all those that loved him. Never watched the Coffee Show, but still I know who he is, and that's just a tragedy. So young, fifty four years old, just way too young to drown. So that's a very sad piece of news out there today. Terrible news out of Gaza. Of the world is just condemning the human rights violations going on by Israel, and finally, in the European Parliament they have spoken out against Israel and said that Israel is losing its standard in the world because they're just committing genocide war crimes. And that, of course is going to play into when did we stop having standards? Because our funding of Israel and are not demanding that we go in and feed the gossens is a direct indication of how low our standards have gotten in terms of being Americans. So we're going to talk about all of that today.
Speaker 3: I would tell you. Last night, I was born.
Speaker 4: You know, here watching just lately watching TV, and I watched Man of See you ever seen Henry Cavill as Superman? So I didn't know why it was a big deal that there's a new Superman who has dropped dead gorgeous. But can I just say, can I just say, Henry Cavill is the closest thing to a Christopher Reeve Superman I have ever seen, and that.
Speaker 3: Is possibly the most.
Speaker 4: Attractive man alive on planet Earth today. I'm making that up. Henry Cavill is everything a man should be. He is polite, he is kind, he is funny, he is drop dead gorgeous. Jesus, I would let that Man of Steel do anything he wanted to me. So it was an okay movie. The Man of Steel the first in the reboot of the Superman movies back from twenty eleven.
Speaker 3: I didn't mind it.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to watch the second one, Batman be Superman, because how could that even be a battle? I mean, Batman has no superpowers. Why doesn't even make a movie about Batman visus? Why would Batman even be mad at Superman? I hate when they pit heroes against each other and all that. That's just ridiculous crap. To me, Batman and Superman would never be mad at each other.
Speaker 3: What the hell? And I don't care.
Speaker 4: If the comic books they were, I don't care, then the comic books are wrong. They're on the same side. People on the same side should not be at each other's throats the way it is. Any If you haven't seen Man, it's deal with Henry Cavill. Watch it, just to watch him. Oh oh oh, And I was singing right before we came on. Oh my god, the best song in the world came on, Bonnie Pointer. Heaven must have sent you. What an incredible, incredible song. And the end of it, you're sexy. Set See that's so sexy.
Speaker 3: Don't know what to do? Make me pretty. If you don't know the part of our song I'm singing, then you don't know the song. I just not let you know. I love that song.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm getting chills. Oh, Frissian, that's called frission. I'm having a Frissian attack, all because I love that song.
Speaker 3: What to thank you for the joy you brought me? How love that song? Anyway? Okay, onto the matters at hand. We only have thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: Thank you for the things not lay my head. I'm gonna be standing here talking topics since in my head it's gonna be Heaven must have.
Speaker 3: Sent you, honey, it's amazing.
Speaker 4: I'm doing a show quite frankly, after I got off air yesterday, and for the last three days I have laid down and slept because of my back, and I was so worried that I had developed cadua aquina yesterday one in one hundred thousand, rare condition because I think to her and my inner leg hurt and.
Speaker 3: Those her symptoms.
Speaker 4: But today it's not as painful, and so I'm moving through it with But oh, yesterday I was a mess. Who's going to take care of member if I have to go in the hospital three to five days?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: Oh, just on and on. It was horrible, just medical anxiety over real symptoms I was having. I didn't know if I should call the doctor.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 4: My sister's in the hospital in Arizona. Uh so, I Oh, it was stressful mess. I'm so grateful that part is over that I'm not as stressed today about Katsua appliment as I was. Anyway, So I read a great article this mornrning and the article was about when did America stop having standards? And it's a really well thought out article, and it quotes many people who have written books about this, about how our standards have just gone to crap. And it's funny because it played right into what I was talking about on the phone, excuse me, on the phone this morning with a friend because Stephen Colbert last night read what Donald Trump had tweeted, which was glad that Colbert got fired. His humor is even lower than his ratings, or talent is even less than his ratings. And Colbert looked right at the camera and said, you know, if I were talentless, how could I come up with this witty repartee? And he looked right at the camera and said fu except he said the word. And I said to my friend, I said, look, I'm not flighting Colbert.
Speaker 3: He has every reason to say that about Donald TRUMPO.
Speaker 4: But I am saying, can you imagine Johnny Carson turning to the camera and saying, f you, Ronald Reagan or whoever, David Letterman you know, or anybody really I mean, telling a seated president to f off it? Just it wouldn't have happened ten years ago, Hey, they would have been fired like immediately. But because ours have become so low now again, I'm not I'm on to I'm on team Colbert. I'm not citing against Colbert. I'd say the same thing if I were him. But the fact is that we accept it. It's not okay to just tell a seated president to f off. And if you look around, our standards have everything, they're gone. We no longer have standards when it comes to what we buy. We buy the both cloth clothing the year or two and then out it goes.
Speaker 3: You know, at the Lakes House where I used to stay.
Speaker 4: When I first got here, my friend Daniel Charleston, before he died, you know, owned it. He has ken More appliances from Sears washer dryer from nineteen sixty two, the year I was born, and they still work perfectly. Nowadays, you buy an appliance, you got to buy another one. They want you to buy the insurance and all this. And I was asked, why is it gonna break? Are you selling me jump? And the fact is yes they are, and yes it is. We have zero standards. When it comes to entertainment. We we let things like reality TV pass as entertainment. Love Island is entertainment. You know, big, huge reality shows are entertainment, and they're all horrible.
Speaker 3: They all deal with the lowest.
Speaker 4: Common denominator, and yet there's a pleasant even the products we buy or I mean, the ninety nine cent store is just filled with stuff that meets no one's standards. Tamu Shine, just crap products, you know, And I just I wondered to myself, when did this happen?
Speaker 3: When did we.
Speaker 4: Lower our standards? There's so much much as America we now have zero you know why as firing the CEO or resigning over the discamp. It's ridiculous. We we now accept the worst behavior. And Donald Trump is the epitome of how we have no standards at all at all. If we had any standards, he wouldn't be president.
Speaker 3: You know, Today the House.
Speaker 4: They literally ran out of Washington CC so they did just have to vote on.
Speaker 3: The EPTE five.
Speaker 4: I want to support the count like the YouTube video, Really, let's go to YouTube dot com forward slash really Correll, that's k r e L and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 1: If you're not visiting really corell dot com daily. You're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at really correl dot com.
Speaker 3: All right, we are back. Did I get rid of the echo? Is there an echo? Did I get rid of the echo? We are back. Hopefully the echo is gone.
Speaker 4: I'm hoping. I'm sorry about that. Thank you in the chat room, you know, thank you. I hope the echo is gone. Is the echo gone? Please tell me in the chat room. You were kind enough to tell me that there was an echo. Let me know that it's gone. So all right, great, I hope it's gone. I see I don't hear the show. I don't hear things as they're going out, so let me know if the echo is gone. I have tried to get rid of it. So if you made it this far through the echo, then thanks.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Hopefully we didn't lose too many of you, but if we did, we did technical things happen. I'm sorry. So hopefully the echo is gone. Is the echo gone?
Speaker 3: Everybody? All right? Thank you so much, thank you, thank you Ac Mallet for letting me know.
Speaker 4: All right, God, I should do the whole segment again because it was a great segment about how low our standards have become and just how ridiculous like Trump is the epitome of how we have no standards.
Speaker 3: And I don't say you and I.
Speaker 4: Because we didn't vote for him, but let's be real, you know we all now except you go to the store and you buy expensive fruits and vegetables because they are and you get home and they rot within three days, like there's no quality standard anymore, even for the food they sell you. And I'm just so curious, when did that happen? On social media, people post things and say things that they would have never ever said it ever ever like ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever, and now just flows out their mouth. When did when did we accept appliances that you buy one and it's just a give it.
Speaker 3: In two years you got to buy a new one. When you know, when did that happen? Nothing last anymore? And we accept it?
Speaker 4: Well we have to, Yeah, we kind of do have to, So we keep lowering our standards. Instead of elevating ourselves and elevating our standards, we keep lowering our standards to accept the crap that we are given. I'll never understand it, I will, I'll I'll never understand how we have allowed we have just allowed our standards to become so low. And if you look around, it's it's everywhere. It's we have no expectation of greatness and government anymore, none are. Our standards are so low when it comes to elected officials, and that's just sad. You know, we have no standards when it comes to entertainment anymore. We will call anybody now a star, oh TikTok star, YouTube star.
Speaker 3: You know it's like this Matt Rife guy.
Speaker 4: You know, he's cute and I'd certainly have sex with him, but he is not a funny comedian. He is no George Carlin, who yesterday in history got arrested for the seven dirty word.
Speaker 3: Show.
Speaker 4: And you realize the sec there is no seven dirty words. The FCC does not outline the words you can and cannot say. The standard for indecency says anything that is indecent to the community. Doesn't list the words. But yesterday George Carlin, people like that that Letny Bruce, who used to push the boundaries of they elevated comedy. You know, they didn't rely on crowd work and just talking to I hate these comedians nowadays. All they do is use the fucking crowd as a prop. Write your own damn jokes, you know, stop using the audience as a prop.
Speaker 3: But oh no, they're great. Matt Riith is a great comedian. No he's not. You know, Oh so and so is a great singer. No they're not.
Speaker 4: You just have low standards. And I just I really do wonder when that came about, I really truly do. When did our standards just? Did we just give up? Is that why we have such low standards? We just realized that we're gonna get the like an iPhone, Why the fuck do you need a new iPhone every year? An iPhone should last you ten years and they should be upgradeable. So every year when they come out with new bells and whistles, your phone should do it. You shouldn't have to get a new phone every year every two years. What low standards is that we have such low standards with everything now and it's just it's kind of sad, and.
Speaker 3: We pay more for it.
Speaker 4: We pay more for inferior products than we have ever in our lives. We buy shit that is completely inferior, and we pay more for it.
Speaker 3: It's maddening.
Speaker 4: We live in an era of junk, junk politicians, junk products, junk entertainment. And now everyone's a talk show host, everyone can have a podcast. When did our standards become so low that someone like Charlie Kirk can make a fortune. When did our standards become so low that a network like Fox News could even exist? And I know it was when we all became idiots. It was with the dumbing down of America, when they stop funding education, which they have. Hell, he's now going to dismantle the Board of Education. So when we no longer emphasized education. Our standards are so low when it comes to education. If our kids can freak and read, they don't even have to write anymore. It used to be read and write. Now it's just if your kid can read, that's it. That's our standard of education. Can they read? Yes, okay, pass them, that's it. Can they do trigonometry? Can they explain scientific theorems? Can they debate?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: No, no, and no, But that's okay. Such low standards. Some states are limiting cell phone usage during the school day. Good, I'm all for that. I blame the Kardashians.
Speaker 3: I do too. Actually, it's funny you bring that up.
Speaker 4: Because that show in my business, in entertainment, that show changed everything, And so I do blame the Kardashians and Survivor. Survivor was one of the first reality TV shows to hit big. I blame those two shows, the Kardashians and Survivor, for the downfall of entertainment.
Speaker 3: I truly do.
Speaker 4: You are absolutely right in the chat room, and yes, influencers, how low is your standard for information that you're going to take information from some asshole online that you've never met, that has no credentials. That's why I follow this guy called Scotti Fitness. He is a wonderful dad, he is a wonderful uncle, he's a wonderful brother. He's totally physically fit, he's handsome, got a huge mustache. But in every episode he's every post he post, he says, he says, f V shred and V shred. Is this guy that lives here in Vegas, a total trumper. You know him, you've seen him if you've been online at all. And he's just this really buffed who wants to tell you how to eat, wants to tell you this, wants to tell you that, and he's full of crap because he's trying to sell you something constantly. We have such low standards that it is now a way to make a living by selling actual crap on TikTok, crap that will break, that you will use once crap, actual crap. And now people are making tons of money selling crap on TikTok. All right, let me come back. Mexico is upset about gentrification. Well so is Lisbon and Barcelona, but they're rallying in Mexico. And I got into an online fight with an idiot because I tried to say, why are you blaming America for gentrification in Mexico. Well, because it's the American Yes, sixty thousand Americans did migrate to Mexico in the last year. And yes, rent prices have gone up at home price. How is that an American fault? Talk about that?
Speaker 3: Let me return. Don't go somewhere because I'll be back to tex.
Speaker 4: Stay rerect right in. Oh girl, Hey Corel here, and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons at Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corel cast, then please go to Patreon dot com Forward Slash Really Corell. That's Patreon dot com Forward Slash, Really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com Forward Slash, Really Corell.
Speaker 3: There's so much great free.
Speaker 4: Content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablet. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram. And don't forget the website that's had it all all along, Really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support the show through Patreon at Patreon dot com Forward Slash Really Correl.
Speaker 3: Thanks for almost.
Speaker 4: Thirty years of support for the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog.
Speaker 3: And let's keep the party going as long as we can.
Speaker 4: Someone in the chatroom at YouTube dot com Forward Slash Really Corell reminded me of a bet Mender quote where she's all at standards, then.
Speaker 3: Maybe lot Buck got them? Ah righty. Don't forget YouTube dot com.
Speaker 4: Forward Slash Really Carrel is where you watch the show and chat with me like and subscribe. Also Patreon dot com forward slash really, Carrel. Let's try to get that back up into the nine hundreds. Okay, it's at eight hundred and ninety eight dollars. Let's get it above nine hundred. Patreon dot com forward slash really, Correll. If you are not a patron, don't forget. Do you want to funk? Is still there, It is still charting, it is still being played on radio, and the video is still at YouTube dot com forward slash really, Carrell?
Speaker 3: Do you want a funk? Come on?
Speaker 4: Do you wanna let's dance and sing? You know it's got Our standard in music has plummeted. I mean, Benson Boone is fine, he is, he's cute. He doesn't he identifies Mormon anymore because you know, he's young and handsome and his music is okay. But he's no Freddie Mercury. You know, Freddie Mercury is up here. Benson Boone's here. You know, he's good, and maybe in time he might prove to be a Freddie Mercury, but he's no Freddie Mercury right now, just because he wears jumpsuits, you know. And so in music we have people touring that can barely sing a note and people paying fortunes to go see them. You know, it's just anyway. So Mexico had a rally yesterday. It's their second. It's huge. Thousands showed up and they're rallying against j gentrification of Mexico City. Now, during the pandemic, Mexico City tried to get people to come and be digital nomads, and they did. And just last year, sixty thousand Americans went into Mexico on visas. We are migrating in huge numbers to Mexico, which is ironic. It's so ironic as Trump announces today that they are going to start going to all sanctuary cities and sending in ice.
Speaker 3: They're evil and everyone and I should be fired.
Speaker 4: But anyway, So they're rallying in Mexico about gentrification, about rents going up and about home prices going up, same thing that happened here in Vegas, and they're blaming Americans. And I got into this online debate, how is it. This is Mexican greed, this is you know, Americans came. Mexican landowners and Mexican rent property owners realized they could charge them more than they charge Mexicans.
Speaker 3: Because Americans are used to paying much more.
Speaker 4: So a four hundred dollar apartment suddenly became a twelve hundred dollar apartment. But to an American, a twelve hundred dollar apartment for two, three bedrooms or whatever is cheap, so they pay it. So Mexicans are mad at Americans for living in their city because their rents have gone up. Why aren't they mad at the Mexicans that own the property. You know, Gentrification is a sad thing.
Speaker 3: It is. It's necessary, but it's sad.
Speaker 4: And when I say it's necessary, it's because it normally happens in really bad neighborhoods. You know, like in Long Beach. There's many like over on a street called Daisy in Long Beach or anywhere in West Long Beach. You know Daisy and Magnolia, run down Icky areas well. They gentrified. Now they're great. You can't afford it house there anymore. When the gays move into a Look at West Hollywood. West Hollywood was a dump. It was a big Jewish community that wasn't kept up really well. And then in the eighties the Gaze went there and spruced everything up. And now you can't afford to even live there because the gaze made it so nice. Look at the Castro in San Francisco. The Castro used to be run down and all of that. The gaze fixed it up, and now even every straight person wants to live there. Gentrification happens, But when it happens, it is not the people moving in. I don't set the price for rent. I don't set the price, you know, for what this condo cost. And Americans don't set prices in Mexico. Mexicans do so. If rents are unaffordable, if houses are now unaffordable in Mexico City, blame yourselves. Your people are the one profiting and making money. Now, there is a valid argument about American investors buying up a lot of the properties and raising the rents.
Speaker 3: That is a problem. It happened here in Vegas.
Speaker 4: It's happening in many cities where corporations or investment firms or whatever come in, buy up a lot of the properties and then raise everything up. That is a problem. It should not be allowed. And again that is a problem of government. It's Mexico's government's fault that they that happened. It's the government in Nevada's fault that they let that happen here in the Nevada, in every city, San Francisco, Seattle, New York. It's the government's fault that they allowed these investment firms to buy so many properties. They should not have, but they did. But again, how is that the fault of the person moving there? Tennessee is now gentrifying Nashville and the surrounding hill areas of Appalachia, and prices are going up. Why because a lot of people are moving there. I can't imagine why, but a lot of people are moving to Tennessee. I wouldn't, but a lot of people are, and so things are going up, and the people in Tennessee are mad about it. Well, we're not the one setting the price. We'd prefer they stay low. We're all trying to move somewhere where it's cheaper. But then it gets more expensive fast when everybody wants to move there. So blaming the people that are coming to the area, No, blame the government. They let it happen. They absolutely let it happen. Chinese doing that too. Yes, it's happening everywhere. It's happening everywhere. There's these corporations, these governments, these groups of investors from China, from Japan, from wherever, who are buying up a ton of properties, raising the rents, raising the property values. Now, look, I paid one fifty eight for the condo. It is currently at two sixty. I ain't mad about that. I'm sorry that you can no longer buy one hundred and fifty thousand dollars condo in Las Vegas, two bedrooms. But I'm not mad because I bought it back when you could. And this condo that I'm standing in that I paid one hundred and fifty eight thousand dollars for when it was originally built and sold it sold for forty one thousand dollars. I wish I'd paid that for it. So gentrification is a sad thing, but being mad at the people who move into the area is not the solution. Kicking out investment firms kicking out you know these equity firms governments that buy. China owns forty two percent of downtown La Saudi Arabia, the Saudis, they owned so many American cities like own the downtowns Well, our government didn't stop it. So if you know, stop someone from doing something, they won't do it. All right, Greed, Yes, We're all going down, Kennedy, we are. Our lack of standards goes right into greed. They are taking more money from us and giving us less. Look at you know anyone that gives you service. The healthcare industry talk about lowering standards.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean an industry that should be striving for higher standards keeps lowering them lower and lower and lower, and now, starting very soon, if you buy your health insurance through the exchange, it's going to go up seventy five percent. So if you're paying two hundred, you're about to pay three seventy five. If you're paying five hundred, you're about to pay almost eight hundred dollars. Blame Donald Trump for that. That's in his bill, and that's what's happening. Yeah again, lowered our standard, accept bad stuff the American way now days. Hey more dead lass, I am carel Sorry for the echo at the beginnings. Be who you want to be for long, don't hercy buddies. We'll see you tomorrow when the pump days.
Speaker 3: Oh pick the hundred shows. I have one hundred today.
Speaker 4: Woo woo, happy hundred show shoving a cake.
Speaker 1: It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view yours. Listen daily to the COREL cast on your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view yours. Listen daily to the CORELL cast on your favorite streaming service. Show old Time is here. No time to fear.
Speaker 2: Corrala is so near because show time is here.
Speaker 1: So on with the show.
Speaker 2: Let's give it a go. Carella is the one that you need to know. Now, it's showtime.