Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel and FM ninety six to nine in the games Mike the Bulldog Beyond on jr. R.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Page brought you by a Rhythm on a Ruby Street, downtown Tavaris is coming weekend free event, right.
Speaker 3: Yes, Saturday is gonna be a good party out there. Gates are at four. It's free to get in. They suggest that you bring a blanket or something to sit on because there's you know, limited seating and two stages of music, food, beer. It's gonna be a damn good time. We'll see you out there, City of Tavari's this Saturday, starting four. I'm gonna be out there starting sick. You'd be bringing some bw O goodies, right, Yes, I definitely will have stickers. I don't know if we have any more koozies. I'll look today.
Speaker 2: Well, Bulldog the process Wick, Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful down there in downtown Tavari's right there on the Harris Chain of Lakes is awesome.
Speaker 5: Oh you go boating out there?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? I love boating.
Speaker 2: Hey, Bulldog. The process of stripping the Detroit Lions coaching staff for parts contain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, Aaron Glenn, the defensive coordinator, is now gone. He's the new coach of the New York Jets. Of course, Ben Johnson, the offensive coordinator, the most highly thought after a coaching candidate out there. He became the coach of the Chicago Bears earlier this week. And speaking of coaching searches and all of that, my Jacksonville Jaguars are buffoons. They are buffoons. I don't know if you saw what they did yesterday. They fired their general manager Trmp Balky. All right, Why did they fire Trent Balkey because he had become a hindrance in trying to hire a coach, as they Ben Johnson might have wanted to coach the Jaguars, but he didn't want to work with Trent Balky. And then yesterday Liam Cohen, the offensive coordinator of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, was scheduled to come to an interview for the Buccaneers and he withdrew to stay with the Buccaneers the offensive coordinators. So what did the Jaguars do? They fired Trent Balkey yesterday that he should have fired him two weeks ago when they fired Doug Peterson, the head coach the Jaguars. I don't know what their owner shot Khan is thinking, it's just Befuneri going up there, going on up there in Jacksonville. Why didn't they fire this guy when everybody said he should have been fired two weeks ago. And maybe they could have had Ben Johnson, Maybe they could have had Aaron Glenn, maybe they could have had Liam Cohen. And now they're scrambling to hire a head coach up there because they wouldn't fire their general manager.
Speaker 2: They failed to follow the simple rule that we repeat on this ship. What must be done eventually boldog should.
Speaker 5: Be done immediately.
Speaker 4: Absolutely so anyway, that's the Jaguars travails. And I've been saying this for years now. Hire Tony Basselli, the Hall of Fame player, as the general manager. The guy loves the franchise, he knows the NFL. So hired Tony Boselli.
Speaker 5: And go from there. Anyway where what else we got? Oh?
Speaker 4: You wanted the College Football National Championship rankings not good?
Speaker 5: They weren't good. It was announced yesterday. Ratings. What did I say? Yeah? College football TV ratings not good?
Speaker 4: Twenty two point one million viewers average for Michigan for I'm sorry for Ohio State Notre Dame. That was down twelve percent from last year.
Speaker 5: When Michigan Michigan be last.
Speaker 4: Year, I can't remember now anyway, it was down twelve percent last Michigan beat Alabama last year. It was down twelve percent from last year. And you had a marquee matchup, you had, you had Ohio State Notre Dame, maybe the two biggest brands in college football, and you're down twelve percent from last year.
Speaker 2: Twenty two million. Don't don't get us for that's great numbers for any most any show would take that if they had numbers. Well, when it comes to an event like this, that's definitely soft.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was overshadowed. There was so much other stuff going on. I want to break it down a little more for you that that twelve percent I believe that comes out to almost three million viewers shaved off.
Speaker 5: It's a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and again, this was a marquee matchup. ESPN's blaming the fact that Ohio State jumped out to a big lead thirty one to seventy.
Speaker 5: I think it's more than that. I think it's more than that.
Speaker 4: I you know, I think it's obviously overshadowed by the NFL you mentioned overshadowed by Inauguration day layoffs take Yeah, the playoffs take too long for crying out loud, and yeah, I do think there was a lingering effect that fans aren't sort of protesting where college football is headed right now. They hate pay for play, they hate any they hate all of this stuff. I think they may be protested protesting.
Speaker 2: They hate unless their team is reaping the benefits of it at the time.
Speaker 5: Let's be honest, Well, how State fans don't hate it.
Speaker 4: But I think in general college football fans are disenchanted with their sport right now.
Speaker 2: Agree or disagree, I think there's an element of truth to that. It's I don't know if it's disappointed or aggravation might even be a better term.
Speaker 5: Yeah, whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you who else is aggravated right now, Miami Heat fans because Jimmy Butler, their star player, has been suspended from.
Speaker 5: The team again. He misses a flight.
Speaker 4: To Milwaukee and the Heat who he just came back from a seven game suspension. Now he's been suspended twice. Of course, he's trying to pout and malinger his way out of town, like many NBA stars do, and the Heat are suspending him. I want to know where Adam Silver, the NBA commissioner, is on this. This is an embarrassment to the league, and Silver is a whimp. He wants to be all buddy buddy with the players. He needs to come out with a statement and say this sort of player behavior won't be tolerated. You can't just this guy's making fifty million dollars this year to play professional basketball. He needs to start acting like a professional instead of a spoiled brat.
Speaker 3: Here's a question, how do you miss a flight where you're flying with the team like you and I commission.
Speaker 5: He's trying.
Speaker 4: He's trying to force his way out of town, and we saw it here in.
Speaker 5: Orlando, Miami.
Speaker 2: Miami traffic's a bitch.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, Orlando traffic's pretty heavy too. Palo's never missed a flight. Franz Wagner's never missed a flight.
Speaker 2: But if you're running that team and you got to go who clearly doesn't want to be there, what do you do?
Speaker 4: Like, you gotta try of trading, but teams aren't gonna give you a lot because they know they know that the Heat are desperate. So yeah, it's unfortunate that NBA players have this much power that they can, you know, essentially hold a team hostage, hold a fan base hostage, and drive their value down so they can be traded.
Speaker 5: I don't get it, all right, Magic or back home tonight?
Speaker 2: Got Portland coming in dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ne, obviously they need to win that. Portland's not a great team, and don't think the Fronds or Jalen Suggs will be playing tonight. So we'll see if the Magic can get up off the snide tonight. They really need to, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Mike the Bulldog Byonkey, host of Open Mic on AM seven ninety six ninety Game, very generous with his time to accommodate us with the sports page here on j r R each morning.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Bulldog Out the Lynching Taco Off the Air podcast. New episodes posted every Thursday on the iHeartRadio app, downloaded for free at WJRR dot com