Speaker 1: Oh, okay, let's do this.
Speaker 2: Shawn Salisbury to usc Troupes, longtime friend, Shawn Salisbury.
Speaker 3: Dan Matthew, excuse, this is the Shawn Salisbury Show. Some one three two one two five seven ninety then number two. Jump aboard. Let's keep it going with John and Fresno wants to weigh in. John, good morning, Hey, good morning guys. Good morning Dan, Hey Seun.
Speaker 4: Good to hear you.
Speaker 1: Bok, my friend, did you back? It's you too, brother. I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: My first vacation about eight years, so it's kind of nice. That's great to be well, it's great to be back with you.
Speaker 1: Man. I miss you, guys. Thank you. Yeah, you deserve it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: Hey, Nick, here one thing I like about the Astros. Yeah, you're right, Sean, you came to close to you had. But one thing that gave the manage that chant to do is the sais that we got on this team and them youngs, them young guns. Hey, you look here, and you know what the moves he made by making opinions the lead off. Hitler having the best year so far of his career. Miles is having the best year so far of his career. Hey, lord, before you found a superstar out there coming up. Cam switch solidified right here. Your third basement is hitting, he's raking, then this, and then you got your first basement that's beginning to hit. Now pitching his deep bullpen is showing out. So what I'm saying is that by them having this team together and the way they playing allows you're done to come back healthy. So that's why they don't have to rush them back. And hey, look here the way they're playing just to be a couple of games out of their division, Hey, they'll take that in the day. So my question is gonna hang up is when you're done come back, how do you think they're gonna work that thing?
Speaker 1: Why he won't break up.
Speaker 4: The uples, up his youngsters, and who's gonna be the man out?
Speaker 1: And I hang up in this.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the call, John, I don't really think there is an odd man out right now, Sean. Because of all the things we talked about this morning with the lineup, you notice who we haven't mentioned, Janar Diez. He's another guy that's been incredibly inconsistent for this team this year, so much to the point that Joe has had to rely on Victor Carrattini, I think a lot more than he wanted to be able to at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, and brought his name up earlier. The inconsistency. You still haven't had him rake like you expected. Hence Victor Carrattini, who I think is one of the more unherlded important players to a team in this league, especially this team. They've needed him leadership, versatility to step in and he just continues to do it. And the guy's been reliable. This isn't the same Yainer that is that we expect to be an All Star. Correct, it's not that guy yet, no, so, but we've we've seen flashes of it last year. Guy can play. Yet well, you haven't seen his consistency, because when you do, the lineup would be again Painya al Twove, Jordan Walker Parades or or whoever is in the four, five, six hole, whoever you decide to put in there. Walker Parades, Yiner, Diaz, Jiner Diaz Walker Parades, those first six and even you know, hell the way that the you know that Jake Myers has played, so you get seven, I mean you're you're now looking at a a roster that you say, okay, that can Rake as we had ert Alex mentioned earlier about the way they can play, but think about it again. Al two Bays had his ups and downs this year, started off fast and went through a lull. His bats started to pick it up. Painia has been pretty damn good all year long. Diaz up and down, Walker hasn't hasn't stayed up. Jordon, I mean as far as his power, Jordon has been hurt. And even before that there was obviously bothering because the power wasn't there.
Speaker 1: I mean, and.
Speaker 2: Paradis has been really good. So in truth, you've had two players in the first six that have been consistently good this year.
Speaker 1: Parades and Peana.
Speaker 2: The rest of them have had Altovey started hot, but the rest of them, whether it's injury or performance, they have not been consistent. And this still, this team is still above five hundred and still staring Chlaue, I mean, can reach out and grab the division lead. And remember again Wesnsky, Spencer Arraghetti, uh Renelle Blanco getting mccolors back after all this, I mean, I'm not saying, you know, it's not a matter of all this is a great team, but you've got to consider man if I started taking players out of other lineups like this, how many of them can sustain and survive it? And that goes to their development of young players and a pitcher stepping up and doing their thing. We see all France do it in you know, a year and a half or so ago, where they needed Renelle Blanco last year.
Speaker 1: There's always somebody. But what's it. What will it be.
Speaker 2: Like when Jiner and Walker and Jordan are all in the lineup and all rolling.
Speaker 1: Let's hope we see it.
Speaker 3: Well, it's also too I think one bit of good news with Jiner is watching his at bats this weekend, which I would say that probably Sean. I watched about ninety percent of the games this weekend, obviously at Buzzfest on Saturday, so wasn't able to see the end of that game, but did notice that he was starting to lay off that slider that has sent him kind of with the butt going in the third base dugout and the bat going through the zone and not usually a good swing. So if that's starting to be the case, you hope that he's able to start jumping on the pitches that are in the zone.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's absolutely no question because if he does different ballgame. You are one hundred percent correct, And wouldn't it be nice to have all this going at once, stand for about thirty games? I mean, you know, it'd be nice for a month to say, okay, now make the rest of them chase. But yes, they hit the balls you can reach and are in the zone.
Speaker 1: Key. And it's not.
Speaker 2: Only for the Ironer Dias and for the Christian Walkers and anybody else. But when Jordan's back and healthy and swinging when he's average, he can load you up and carry you. When he's really good, well, then it's not even just his his ability at the plate, it's his presence. Guys like that impact the game even when they're not swinging well because the pitcher still wonders, well, is this the time? So you're still you know, protected, and you're still pitching. You're still not going to try to You don't want to be the reason he's out of his that he gets healthy on you. And I'm not talking about physically, I'm talking about starts feasting on you or whoever that is.
Speaker 1: You don't want to be the guy. Oh here we go.
Speaker 2: So the whole key is, yeah, laying out of laying off balls out of it, which has been a big part of paying his success this year in Agnes.
Speaker 1: But for other guys, it's being able to drive the.
Speaker 2: Balls that are in the zone that normally a guy like Jordan hits all he uses foul pol the foul pole. So we're going to find out when he gets back. The question is when will he the threshold of pain kick in. And then if Jayinter and Christian Walker can add the power bat that we think they both have and that we've seen it times from both, then it'll make for a really good change up for this team because right now you're getting a lot of good production from guys you probably didn't expect it to plate well.
Speaker 1: I mean especially too.
Speaker 3: That's one of Jordon's calling cards is how good he is at recognizing pitches that are outside the zone and being able to square up the ones that are in the zone, and I mean to the.
Speaker 1: Point out of the ballpark the other way.
Speaker 2: Dan, it's a pitch it's just off the plate, then instead of rolling over on it, hits it the other way for a home running the Crawford boxes.
Speaker 1: That's who he is and when he's.
Speaker 2: Seeing it like that, even if he doesn't hit it, Pitchers are afraid to throw it, so you know, they get a little they get a little testy and little curious that you know. Protection for him is big, but also it's like anything a great running back, even if he doesn't carry it in a game.
Speaker 1: Linebackers are afraid to be the reason why he runs over them, so they still got to get.
Speaker 2: Stout and ready, which helps play action over the top. Same thing here even when he's not even the threat of Jordan Alvarez enhances the lineup greatly because the pitcher is always there's that anxiety of okay, don't let me be.
Speaker 1: The reason today is the reason.
Speaker 2: He busts out of this and then starts a forty five game where he's like as good as areas in baseball from which we've seen which we've seen