Speaker 1: God channeling his dinner Clurk, get them dives makes the cat backhand sigh.
Speaker 2: Dustin off that gold globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 3: Wanna take your shot? We're waiting for you.
Speaker 4: Think you're looking real hot, Come in get it. We're here.
Speaker 3: The road comes through La.
Speaker 2: Come get it.
Speaker 3: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 2: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 3: I got it best overall, Miss Dan Klass. Padre's fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 5: Ring.
Speaker 2: You gotta do what I do if you want my spot.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Dodgers on Tech. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 1: Tim Case, Hi, everybody, Welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Day. Hope you're well on this beautiful Friday afternoon here in Southern California.
Speaker 2: Weather heating up here.
Speaker 1: Los Angeles Dodgers also read hot fifty one and thirty one on the season.
Speaker 2: Winners of four in a row, eight of their last ten.
Speaker 1: After a three game sweep over the Rockies in Denver, the road trip now continues in Kansas City with a three game weekend series against the Royals. Dustin May on the Mount in the series opener. First pitch from Kaufman Stadium is coming up at five to ten. Coming up over the next sixteen minutes here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We'll dive deeper into this pitchy matchup. David Vase will sit down with tay Oscar Hernandez. That's coming up in forty five minutes. We got your Dodgers magical moment. In just a few minutes, we will head out to Kansas City and the Gallpa Motors Broadcast Booth with Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Yesterday in Denver, Clayton Kershaw got another step closer to three thousand strikeouts. The Hall of Famer took the mound win six innings, allowed one run on two hits while striking out five. He went into the game eight strikeouts away from getting to three thousand strikes in his career. Only nineteen other pitchers have ever done it in the history of this great game of baseball. Clayton Kershaw after yesterday well, he had five punch outs. He is now three shy of three thousand, sitting at two thousand, nine hundred and ninety seven strikeouts for Clayton Kershaw yesterday threw sixty nine pitches over the six innings. Got a strikeout in the first inning, got a strikeout on the second inning, got a strikeout two in the second inning, one of the fifth, and one of the six. He came out after six innings and turned it over to Kirby Yates, Michael Kopek, and Tanner Scott, who were fantastic in each in inning of work. Dodgers down won nothing in the third inning when Mookie Betts tied it up.
Speaker 6: Payoff pitch coming to Betts, Looky swings, hits a ground ball right side diving stop Tony and nobody at first and Bets beats him there. Coming into score is Rojas. It is a tie ball game one one and Lookie Betts with.
Speaker 7: A basin and for Gombert, he was asleep at the wheel. Bets was almost halfway down the first baseline before Gomber realized, oh, I need to cover the bag.
Speaker 1: Well, you've seen that before Game five of the World Series, Yankees blundered covering first. Yesterday, Austin Gomber didn't cover Mookie Betts infield. Single scored mcguil Rojas. We were tied at one.
Speaker 2: Then in the six Dodgers took the lead thanks to Freddy.
Speaker 6: Nobody out first and second, Bets at second, as Smith at first, and it comes to pitch to Freddy.
Speaker 3: He swings it, drives it in the right field. That's a base hit.
Speaker 6: Bets will turn third, He'll come around the score and the Dodgers have taken the lead to the one. Wehill there it is Freddy Freeman with a base hit and an RBI that breaks an zero for eleven skid for Freddy and the Dodgers have their first lead of the afternoon.
Speaker 7: I just mentioned that one of the bread and butter pitches for Chavi against lefties has been the changeup.
Speaker 3: What was the first pitch to Freeman?
Speaker 7: Change up?
Speaker 1: And he was all over Freddy was all over it with the RBI single, Dodgers up two to one. In the eighth show, hey Otani with a solo blast to write his twenty eighth of the season, RBI number fifty two. Dodgers sweep the Rockies yesterday three to one the final. They've now won ten straight over Colorado, thirty first come from behind win of the season. Clayton Kershaw. He gets to win. He's now four to oh in his last four starts, four to oh with a one fifty seven ero, twenty one strikeouts over those four starts, and again next week his next started Dodgers Stadium, he'll be three strikeouts away from three thousand in his career. Dodgers now fifty one and thirty one, and they have a nice six game lead in the division and now they're in Kansas City to take on the Royals over the weekend. Dustin May gets the ball in this series opener, and with more we head out to the Gapin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neffertt and Rick Gus.
Speaker 3: Tim, thanks very much.
Speaker 6: We've got a nice night here in Kansas City, right off of Interstate seventy, the Royals and the Dodgers an interleague series game one of three. Dustin May gets the start for the Dodgers. He's four and five and a four to four six ERA. He'll take on one of the top pitching prospects in the Royals organization, left handed Noah Cameron, who's.
Speaker 3: Two and three, but he has an ERA of two zero eight.
Speaker 6: Dodgers start the day, twenty games over five hundred and fifty one and thirty one six up on the Pobres in the National League West, the Royals twelve and a half back fourth place in the American League Central thirty eight and forty three and moth. This Royals team has been scuffling to score runs. They've lost ten in a row at home. Overall, they have lost eleven of their last fifteen, including five straight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and the other part too, is and you talk about the offense not doing anything, ten consecutive home losses where they've been outscored forty three runs to twelve. Yes, that's in the past. They would like to change that. But one of the things that we're talking about during this series, and certainly during this ballgame, looked up a couple of numbers with the hitters and one of the problems many problems for the Royals first pitch strikes. Sixty four percent of the first pitches had been strikes. Okay, that's one thing.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: This swing rate at the first pitch is only twenty eight percent. I mean, they're letting more than thirty percent of first pitches in the strike zone go buy them. So they're hitting in the hole behind in the count early.
Speaker 6: Do you suspect that's an organizational thing where they want guys to take pitches and get deep in counts, because otherwise it's hard to explain why so many guys on that team and in that lineup would let so many first pitch strikes go.
Speaker 7: About the last three days, Tim, you and I were talking about the aggressiveness, overly aggressive by the Colorado Rockies, who looked like that they were coming to home play with a time limit and if they did not hit the ball within the first thirty seconds, they were going to be called automatically out. So you have two different philosophies. At least that's what it looks like on the outside. Dodgers have to take care of their own business. In fact, the last twelve games home runs have really been in effect. They've hit twenty two out of the ballpark in those dozen games.
Speaker 6: Against the lefty. Today, Dave Roberts has three lefties in the lineup, O Johnny leading off and Freddie Freeman batting clean up. Max Munsey will be batting in the eighth spot, and the numbers that he's put up this month, he doesn't put up the numbers like a number eight hitter is expected to.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're so much better.
Speaker 7: No, he had two weeks within three days hitting Grand Slams and hopefully that's going to continue. You'll bat in the eighth spot. Kick her Nanis will start in left field tonight. Tommy Edmund is at Zacha. Bay's pretty much as we normally see. The only change is really flip flopping Ti Oscar. Her name is will bat third, Freddie Feedman will bat fourth, and then Will Smith will be in the five spout doing the catching.
Speaker 6: Ga we go back to the fact that the Royals just struggling to score runs. They're averaging this season three and a quarter runs per game. However, the pitching staff has kept a lot of runs off the board and they've got so many losses. Obviously they're just not hitting. The pitching seems to be getting it done, and I know they're against left handed pitchers. The Dodgers have the number one slugging percentage at four sixty one, so you've got to figure something's going to give in that area.
Speaker 7: The other part two of the Royals, let's be honest about it, they've got some young guys that are getting really their feet wet. At the major league level, that's not sometimes an enviable position on a daily basis. So yeah, they're struggling and they're getting a direction. You start to look at the future. You have to build the future starting today and tonight.
Speaker 6: They're leading home run producers. Vinnie Pasquentino, He's going to DH tonight and bat fourth. He has eleven. He's got the most home runs on this team.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Well, it's a big ball park, there's no question about it. We mentioned the fact, okay, a lot of territory square footage in Denver at Corsfield. Here in Kansas City, it's the most square footage of any stadium in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 6: It should be a pleasant night for a game tonight. Temperature would be in the mid eighties or so around game time. A beautiful summer evening in Kansas City, Missouri, at Kaufman Stadium. It's the Royals hosting the Dodgers in interleague play.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans on this Friday, get your GameDay meal on It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor or your Shaky's Pizza Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We will check in with David bestI. He goes one on one with tay Oscar Hernandez. We break down this pitchy Mancha. We got your magical moment up next. So you're o Tani Erie Ryan. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Royals from Kansas City. I'm Tim Kass and this is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 4: Not well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and Royals from Kansas City. Dustin made Noah camera the pitchy matchup in the series opener. First pitch from Coffin Stadiums coming up in five point ten.
Speaker 4: This is the Otani rewide.
Speaker 6: Now the two two and Otani swings hits a drive deep right.
Speaker 3: Center field, way back.
Speaker 4: To the wall.
Speaker 3: Head has gone a home run show.
Speaker 6: Hey, O'tani home run number twenty eight, and the show rolls on in Denver, oh a mammoth blast and the Dodgers lead at three to one.
Speaker 1: Show hey Otani goes deep home run number twenty eight, also on base with o'walk now hitting two ninety one on this season as the Dodgers beat the Rockies yesterday three to one. The big three all driving in runs for the Dodgers yesterday. That show Hey Otani home run, Mookie Betts with an RBI infield single, and Freddie Freeman delivering with an RBI single in the sixth inning. Freddy struggling a little bit at the play. I mean, we're hitting three oh nine. How much you really struggling. But in Freddy's world, he is struggling. Feels good to get a hit yesterday, driving run. And here he is after the game yesterday with David Besse.
Speaker 8: Freddy, let's start with that game ending double play. What a throw by Paul has, What a stretch brought you?
Speaker 9: That's doesn't surprise me. The Andy out there, he's got an incredible arm. I think once you saw Tyler get off a little too far.
Speaker 2: He went for it.
Speaker 8: It feels like you have that feel at first base. You've been doing this a while, you know when to overturn things.
Speaker 3: You know when to stretch.
Speaker 9: Yeah, as a first rason when you have your foot on the back and you kind of feel when you're hit and when you're catching it. So yeah, a couple of times a day I felt like they were out and we got the calls right.
Speaker 8: How good did it feel in the sixth inning to deliver the goal ahead run there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, finally hit up. All good.
Speaker 9: It's been a long time, but you know, I just thought a lot of bad swings today. IVE been thankful that I was able to get a one good swing in.
Speaker 8: A good spot and it was good to give Kershaw all the runs he needed today.
Speaker 9: How good was he? He was playing Kershaw. You've been doing it for eighteen years and it doesn't matter what the velo is. He's gonna get out. He's going to strike people out. He's going to go just chance to the game. He's putting Gershaw like he always says, you.
Speaker 8: Know where the counter is for three thousand, I've got three more, that's right. Freddie Freeman a very inclusive and supportive teammate. He's the man Freddie Freeman delivers to go ahead basin and also keeping count of Kershaw's countdown to three thousand.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you DV, Thank you Freddie. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate that old car? Give m a call at eighty seven seven Cars for Kids right now. Friendly agents standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the key to donate your car today, still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup with Dustin May on the Mount David vs. Sagos one on one with the Oscar Hernandez up next, an injury report, and we'll here from manager Dave Roberts. It's a Dodgers and Royals on this Friday from Kansas City of Tim kase is.
Speaker 2: The world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio nowhere.
Speaker 4: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 1: Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues says, we lead you up to first pitch on this Friday from Kansas City Dodgers and the Royals, Morongo Casino Resort and spot. A good time for everybody, Dustin May, Noah Cameron. The pitching matchup first pitch coming up at five ten.
Speaker 4: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 2: We're insented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Tony Gonsolin on the sixty DIIL, Tyler Glass now on the sixty DIIL. These are the same names we keep hearing every day because the Dodgers have a lot of pitchers, starters or relievers on the injured list. Blake Snell, Rookie Sasaki, Blake trying to Bruce dar Garatoral. That's just the list of guys that could come back this season, not County and River, Ryan, Kyle Hurt, and those guys who are done for the season, including Evan Phillips. All Right, we head back out to Kansas City and check in with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 2: Anything else?
Speaker 3: Questions for Dave Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 4: The dug with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 8: Dave will Smith leads the National League in batting average, on base percentage. Has it felt like or how has he been able to keep the feel since Tokyo?
Speaker 10: I think yeah, he's having a tremendous first half. Number one, I see he's healthy. I think he's making very good swing decisions. Yeah, I think that he's in a good spot mechanically, been very consistent verse right, verse left, and it is good to see him getting that you acknowledgment and respect from the fans.
Speaker 8: He has one of those late kicks, right. Is that a big part of a guy going as well as he has gone for this long. He obviously has the timing down. But is it dangerous as well that if you don't get the timing it could be harder to find it again.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think that with anyone that has a leg kick, the timing is a very big factor can get out of whack. But his ability to kind of vary the leg kick at times, he has a good two strike approach. When he needs to hit the ball to right field, he can do that. But also when you're playing consistently, it certainly lends himself more to having a leg kick versus a guy that doesn't play very often.
Speaker 3: So he's just been in a really good spot.
Speaker 11: With Muncie.
Speaker 4: Like you guys have talked the last couple of years about wanting him to be a better hitter. What is it that he's done this year to not only have the power, but over the last you know, six weeks now, be like a three hundred plus hitter.
Speaker 10: I think he is. Yeah, so he is. In my opinion, he's a much better hitter. He's as good of a hitter as I've seen him in the big leagues. I think his swing is much shorter. He's hitting the ball to all fields the right way. I think when you have a shorter swing, you have you have a little bit more time to make a swing decision. Where I think that his swing decisions are even better. He's putting together much better at bats. He knows how to get a base hit now. And I think that there's times there's been spells in his career where it was the three probable outcomes and that was it. Where I think now he's a complete hitter. And so you see the runs batted in tick up. You see the homers, the quality of a bat all tick up.
Speaker 8: Then, like mechanical changes or is it more like between the glasses and just the shortening of being able to make better swing decisions more consistently.
Speaker 10: I think the glasses just kind of sharpening his vision. You know, there's a stigmatism thing going on that got cleaned up. Obviously, I think then to be able to see the baseball, to trust having a shorter swing, not having to be a max max efforts swing every time he swings the bat. Then the mechanics of being shorter not jumpy, and then it goes to the confidence, and then you got that part of it. So then now you've got a complete baseball player.
Speaker 1: All right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts talking about Max Munsey, and ever since he got his eyes jacked, he has been.
Speaker 2: A different player, certainly at the play.
Speaker 1: Well, we continue here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll check in with Dee David looking on his TV appearance to night on Sports at l A got a nice boot jacket on. We'll go back out to Kansas City and check in with DV. Next lead jumped to Dodgers and Royals. First pitch at five ten. I'm Tim Kakes' is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 4: Know as we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of l Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Royals from Kansas City on this Friday night, as the road trip continues.
Speaker 2: Dustin May Noah Cameron.
Speaker 1: The pitching matchup first pitch from Kaufman Stadium set for five.
Speaker 4: Times, joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on deck. I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David Basse and Dave.
Speaker 1: Now joins us from Kansas City. Is the series opener about to get under way at Kaufman Stadium, Dave Dodgers coming off a sweep of the Colorado Rockies, and a guy yesterday that got a lot of praise from Dave Roberts. We heard it from Will Smith and Clayton Kershaw mcguil. Rojas been a great defensive third base yesterday. Kind of feels like he's putting together back to back. Good start here, right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, if you remember him and keyk Hernandez at Dodgers Stadium. Also got the start at the corners against the Washington Nationals and both had a really good offensive game. Rojas certainly did and and yesterday Clayton Kershot deflected all the attention off of him and towards Miguel Rojas, so he credited for changing the game and the fourth inning by making a great play down the line and starting a double play, and after the game I asked Rojas about not only his defense, but offense seems to be getting better too.
Speaker 12: I wasn't getting good at bats against left against left ended pitching. I feel like I've been making the adjustment, you know, I need to be productive against against left end the pitcher because that's my job, you know. And in the last couple of days, I've been doing what I'm supposed to do against left ended. I feel so much better. I make a couple of adjustments offensively. And I don't I don't think that the surgery or anything like that was was a factor. He was just me trying to find something that it was like a little bit more repeatable every single day that I get I get to play, because it's not easy not playing for four days and get bats against leftist Sometimes I was trying to do too much and and I'm trying to kind of like do something that is more repeatable, and it's work in the basketball starts.
Speaker 3: And here's the thing Tim with Miguel Rojas.
Speaker 8: He also told me after the game that when the Giants brought in a position player to pitch in a blowout game, Rojas got in that bat against that position player, and his hitting coach, Aaron Bates, sent him the video of that at bat. Yes, against the position player, but also good hitting mechanics. And since then, Rojas has found the right spot to be in as a hitter. And as we're speaking right now, Freddie Freeman is in the batting cage kind of simulating hitting.
Speaker 3: He wants some hits today.
Speaker 8: So both those guys, specifically Rojas has found something.
Speaker 3: Freddy still searching.
Speaker 8: And by the way, Tim I did give Freddy the dead fish handshake in the clubhouse.
Speaker 1: Ooh, good things coming for Freddy after the handshake. David is brought to you by the twenty twenty five Ford f one fifty from California's best selling truck brand. It's time to see Ford in a new light. Take advantage of employee pricing through the end of June. Yesterday, David, it was all about Clayton Kershaw tried to get to three thousand strikeouts, three shy of getting to that milestone.
Speaker 2: But what a performance yesterday.
Speaker 8: I mean, come on, now, he's on a four game winning streak. He hasn't had a winning streak this long to start the season since twenty nineteen. When he went five to zero in his first nine starts, and the eras are very similar. In nineteen as Era was just over three three zero three this year three zero five in his first eight starts. And you know, we're all fixated, and rightfully so, on him achieving this milestone that only three other left handed pitchers have achieved in baseball history. But the reality is, in his last four starts, there's an argument to be made he's been the most effective and best pitcher for the Dodgers in their rotation. And here's what Clayton had to say after the game yesterday.
Speaker 11: I mean, you always want to be efficient, no matter what. Yeah, I mean, I think, you know, my days of throwing one hundred and fifteen pitches is probably over, but uh, you know, I think getting through six is probably the biggest thing at Cursefield. And you know, Doc's doing a good job of protecting me, which I appreciate too. So I want to just be able to go out back out there every fifth, sixth day. So whatever whatever that means for me is is good for now.
Speaker 8: So you're now just three strikeouts away from three thousand.
Speaker 3: You have a chance to do it at home.
Speaker 2: How special would that be for you? Uh, yeah, it would be. It would be very special. It would be were you kind of how mindful of you were that just at the total today while you're pitching.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, I know I had eight to go. Freddy's Freddie's really good to remind me every day. So and you know eight in Colorado is never going to be easy to do. So yeah, but you know, pitch well, got through six and a chance to maybe strikeout three at home would be would be really cool.
Speaker 8: And Kershaw's next start is going to be next Wednesday at Dodger Stadium against the Chicago White Sox.
Speaker 3: Just three strikeouts away.
Speaker 8: So if you don't have your tickets now, you should get them.
Speaker 1: Dodgers dot Com, get your tickets, David. You're in Kansas City. This is a Royals team, a lot of young talent on it, but a below five hundred team.
Speaker 2: What's going on with the Royals?
Speaker 8: They're not scoring, that's the biggest issue. They're pitching has been really good, but their offense has been really bad.
Speaker 3: If you look at what the Royals.
Speaker 8: Have done, they got shut out yesterday by the Rays. They have lost ten straight home games. They have scored a total of twelve runs in those ten losses. So the Dodgers are just need a few runs, it seems like to win a game here in Kansas City.
Speaker 1: Dave, great stuff. We appreciate it. We'll check back in with you in just a couple of minutes. Still to come here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we dive deeper. You know this pitching matchup we'll hear from Rick Monday. But up next your Dodgers Magical Moment lead you up to Dodgers or Royals on this Friday night, first pitch at five ten. I'm Tim Kase's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Morongo Casinos Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and Royals from Kansas City, Dustin May and Noah Cameron. The pitching matchup on this Friday night, first pitch set for five ten.
Speaker 7: I do not about a.
Speaker 4: Hot dog who wants a hot It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. Pitch Magical Magical presented by Hawpey hot Dogs.
Speaker 1: Well, today is June twenty seventh. We go back to June twenty seventh, nineteen eighty, Yes, forty five years ago. Dodgers on the road in San Francisco, Candlestick Park, Jerry Royce on the mound, and a night he'll never forget.
Speaker 4: Let him number back to Rice.
Speaker 3: He picks it up.
Speaker 4: He's got.
Speaker 6: A right At thirty one years old.
Speaker 4: Hash done no hitters.
Speaker 3: He missed a perfect game only by an arab by.
Speaker 5: Phil Russell in the first nae. What a magnificent moment for the big blonde. Rick Suckcliffe throwing his arms around him had all of the Dodgers happy for their player representative put foot on a magnificent show.
Speaker 1: On this date, nineteen eighty Candlestick Park, at eight nothing, Dodgers win over the Giants.
Speaker 2: Jerry Royce pitched.
Speaker 1: His first and only career no hitter as the Dodgers get the shutout win. And as you heard the great Vin Scully say, the only player to reach base was Jack Clark in the first inning on a throwing there from the shortstop Bill Russell. This Hoffey Magical Moama brought to you by Hofey Hot Dogs Hoffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffey hot Dogs Local It's so great, but we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check back in with Rick Monday. We lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Royals from Kansas City. I'm Tim Kasi's the world champion, Los Angeles Time Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on tach on your home for the Blue All season long.
Speaker 1: Dodgers rochum continues three in Colorado. Yeah, they got the swite. Now they're in Kansas City to take on the Royal. Dusted main NOE cameraon the pitching matchup. Time Now for the Dodgers game plan. Dodger fans, you need a game plan too. Start your future to California Community College. Financial aids available to help you with the tuition, the books, and sometimes even the rent.
Speaker 2: It's time to take that next big step.
Speaker 1: Classes can fill up quickly, so enroll today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 4: And now joined by David Bassey, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Well, Rick, we're back in Kansas City.
Speaker 8: Little known fact this is where Rick Monday first played his games.
Speaker 7: Well, not in this ballpark. In fact, we did go past the location of the old ballpark within one block and the and I noticed that I was looking at the street signs and you know the corners, I still recognized those. And there was a barbecue place that was at the end of the block and that Bryant's Barbecue, And mister Bryant's place is still there, different generations, but it's the same place. And if you come to Kansas City, right there's a plaque that shows where the old stadium was Municipal Stadium, and go to Bryant's Barbecue.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you kind of buried the lead right there. How good is Brian's barbecue?
Speaker 7: Well, let me put this way. It's a number of years later and still talking about.
Speaker 3: It, Okay, left the lasting impression.
Speaker 7: Absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 8: Hey, Rick, it's a little steamy here tonight at Kansas City. How do you believe that affects the field play and the ley?
Speaker 3: Guys, go on, here's what you have to do in this stadium.
Speaker 7: And again, this stadium was just vacant land with trees and what have you. In fact, when I was playing here, when I was first drafted by then the Kansas City is and played here for about a year and a half before they moved to Oakland. I used to write is out in this area. I mean there was a stable, it was right near here, and I'm talking within a mile or so, and this was not really a stadium itself. So you've got the football stadium right behind us. So if you feel a little bit warm tonight, and I know you're doing dual, both radio and television, so just look out to center field because in center field, for those that are not here, waterfalls waterfalls, I mean expansive waterfalls from right center field all the way over to left center field. Not a straightaway center, but in those areas. So just feel the calm, cool breeze that's coming off of the waterfalls. Here a Kaufman Stadium.
Speaker 8: Oh, you made me feel so nice. I just disappeared into an oasis of waterfall.
Speaker 7: I got a bridge I want to sell you also. So we're going to find out the Dodgers, of course, on a good streak, and we'll see dustin May tonight. It's kind of interesting to see, you know, the last twelve games Dodgers have hit a lot of home runs and they've been able to win now thirteen to the last seventeen, and in those seventeen games, they've hit twenty seven out of the ballpark and averaging right at six runs a game, So hopefully it's going to happen. Royals are having difficulty right now, and this might be the perfect time to face them. No question about that. They've lost not only five in a row, but eleven in the last fifteen.
Speaker 3: And ten in a row here at home right now.
Speaker 7: Isn't that something? And the fact that losing ten consecutive games at home, they've been outscored forty three runs to twelve. But you know what, that's in the past. Tonight is right now, so we're gonna find out what's going on. Speaking of what's going on, you're gonna have a conversation with Taoscar Hernandez in a few minutes on the pregame.
Speaker 8: That's right, ta Oscar is gonna join us with that great smile.
Speaker 7: Are you gonna find out any secrets? Because I happen to remember ta Oscar Hernandez having having been awarded a somewhat large sum of to narrow with the home run Derby last year. The home run Derby is coming up, the All Star Game is coming up. He's having a good season, so any sideline information you might be able to give us.
Speaker 8: We're gonna ask him whether or not he wants to be in the home run Derby this year.
Speaker 7: So the answer is going to be coming up in a few minutes.
Speaker 8: That's right, you will give us his answer. And I don't like to insert myself in what the players do, Rick, but I feel like I should let you in on something because Freddie Freeman was going through a therapy session with me earlier today in the clubhouse and a few others about how he's been struggling. And I said, hey, do you want to know how Michael Confordo got out of his slump? I explained the dead fish handshake. Freddie put out his right hand. I put out my dead fish right hand, and we made it happen.
Speaker 7: And by the way, not to be overlooked, Michael Confordo broke out of it after doing the pregame interview with David Besse right.
Speaker 8: So I don't know if the handshake has the magic off air, but we're going to see whether or not it works tonight for Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 7: So do we call you doctor Handshaker's at it?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 8: Do you want to feel the dead fish handshake. Not really our times though, Okay sounds good.
Speaker 3: We'll save it for other day. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, dving.
Speaker 1: Good choice by you there, Rick Monday still to come here on Morongo Causino Dodgers on deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Tim never Rick Monday will have the keys to the game.
Speaker 1: But up next, as they were talking about TV goes one on one with Taotkar and Nndez, as we lead you up to Dodgers and Royals First Bitch at five to ten, I'm Tim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Nework, as we were saying.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Lead you up to first bitch on this Friday night in Kansas City, Dodgers and the Royals from the K.
Speaker 2: Kaufman Stadium, Dustin may No and Cameron.
Speaker 1: The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zenchi Sushi. Enjoyed the game with a quick, affordable meal that the whole family can enjoy. They got different platters. They got different roles. They got the.
Speaker 2: Poke bowls as well.
Speaker 1: You can find it all at the zench Sushi counter right next to the deli counter at Rawse Zen. She handcrafted sushi, always fast fresh.
Speaker 4: And he's now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 4: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 8: We're here with an All Star outfielder, an all star smile, and he has the second most votes right now among National League outfielders. And that is the one and only ti Oscar Hernandez Tayo. Thanks a lot for the time. Always great to catch.
Speaker 3: Up with you.
Speaker 13: Thank you, thank you for having me.
Speaker 8: Do you know that you have the second most votes among outfielders in the National League.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I saw something on social media. You know, my family listening to it, so I know everything that is happening right now. So I appreciate all the people that both for me and give me the support to try and to get it to the All Star so wegain. I continue to do our job here and you know, trying to make those people proper.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know when you're stepping in the batter's box. You're not thinking about that, But how much does it mean to you that the fans have voted so many times for you already?
Speaker 13: It mens Alat, I mean, Dodgers fans are the best. They know they already know that already be insane in almost two years I have been here, you know, but especially when you know how many people you have behind your backs giving you the sport and everything that you need to us to continue to lose and produce for the Dudge.
Speaker 8: I know fans in LA and they don't just care about how many home runs you hit or how many runs you drive in. It's the spirit that you play with, and I feel like that's part of the reason why everybody in LA loves ta Oscar Hernandez.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I mean I always said my job here is trying to be the best player, the best teammate, and to do things to help with these same wins. So that's the only thing that I care about at the end of the day. All sorry, game, that's great, But if now I'm just going to continue to do my job here and just trying to be in another championship too.
Speaker 4: L A.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's right, back to back champions that's the goal for the Dodgers, and I know with the All Stars comes with maybe defending your Home Run Derby championship. What would sway you to do it again or is that even something that you would consider.
Speaker 13: I was considered in at the beginning, but not right now. I think I'm not gonna do it this year. I live this year, maybe next year because last year when I finished, I was a little tired, tired, tight, My body was a little tired. And with injury that I have am I growing this year. I don't want to put anything on risk in the season, so I'm gonna stay put and now participating this year.
Speaker 8: That makes sense ta Oscar Hernandez putting the Dodgers ahead of all that. Okay, So there's a chance that your little brother Andy Poe has could make the All Star team. He certainly has earned it. Would you encourage him to take your place in the Home Run Derby.
Speaker 13: I already talked to him. He said no, he's not gonna do but yeah, hopefully he made the All Star Game. He well deserved to be there and being starting there for the All Star Game, so hopefully people keep voting for him and making.
Speaker 3: A No Star Tayo.
Speaker 8: So much has been talked about you being a mentor to Andy Poe has what has made you the most proud about the way his season has taken off.
Speaker 13: You know, he's he's a guy that he's listening to now only to me. He listened to everybody. He takes the best advices from everybody and trying to put it on the on the field. He's been learning a lot, He's been putting a lot of work. He's been working really hard right now just to get better to you know, through the things that he know he can do. And he's I think he's already proving himself. He's doing a great job and he's helping this team a lot.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 8: Before I let you go, I talked about the spirit that you play with, and you're so inclusive and such a great teammate. You started the sunflower seeds when guys came back after the home runs. But how about this, Now your teammates have grabbed the sunflower seed bag from you and are playing with the same spirit. How happy are you that it's become contagious to be unselfish.
Speaker 13: That's what makes me feel really really good about myself, you know, You're just bringing that energy to my teammates, to this team and seeing my teammates doing the same thing. That's what this is all about.
Speaker 11: For me.
Speaker 13: That's way better than everything that is going on on the field. So I'm really proud of myself, on my teammates and the things that we have.
Speaker 8: A compliant how would you rate Otani grabbing the sunflower seeds and throwing them to you?
Speaker 13: You know, you're just trying to make everybody do the same thing. You know, fun and enjoy it. Everything, every single things to happen to ow my teammates and to myself.
Speaker 8: So everybody has their own style of how they throw the sunflower seats.
Speaker 13: Yeah they sell me, but they they though they own. But you know, at the end of the day, just to give that energy that puts it the energy and to make our teammates feel the same way that we feel when they do good.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 8: Dodger fans need to keep voting for Taoscar Hernandez. This smile needs to be in Atlanta with the starters with the National League All Star Team. Thanks a lot, tayl I appreciate it. Yeah, there he is the man Tayoe.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you DV, thank you ta Oskar Hernandez.
Speaker 1: Dodgers Baseball brought you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. And enjoy it on this Friday night. Enjoy the game. It's a group day. Shaky's dot Com. Lean you up to first pitch from Kansas City. It's the Dodgers and Royals up next. We'll dip deeper to this pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: I have Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Stagers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball Dodgers Roils.
Speaker 1: The road trip continues in Kansas City at the k first spitch coming up at five to ten.
Speaker 4: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 1: Matchups presented by your Southern California Toyota dealers. Work hard and play hard in a new Tacoma with an I Force Turbo charts engine. At the truck built for the Bowls. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Noah Cameron on the mound two and three with a two eight ERA. Twenty five year old rookie leftander, seventh round pick out of Central Arkansas at twenty twenty one, fastball, cutter, curveball, slider, change up, doesn't throw extremely hard ninety two miles an hour on the fastball, made his major League debut in April, win six and two third innings, getting the first career win. Making his ninth start this season last time out five and a third innings, two runs, five hits, two strikeouts, and a loss to the Padres last week and in fact the month of June four starts, zero to two, eight earned run in twenty two innings of work Dustin May on the mound.
Speaker 2: Somebody ordered a Code red.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here we go four and five with the four to forty six ERA for Dustin May, the twenty seven year old right hander already a career high at innings, pitch and starts in the season. Last time out six innings, three runs, five hits a home run, three of them in a loss to the Nationals last Saturday. This is his first time ever facing the Royals Dodgers in Kansas City, as we're fifteen minutes away for first pitch Keys to the game. Our next Tim Kas's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue All season long.
Speaker 1: Long Dodgers in Kansas City as they started a three game set with the Royals.
Speaker 2: Dustin May, no A.
Speaker 1: Cameron the pitching matchup on this Friday night, first pitch from Kaufin Stadium coming up at five to ten. Right before that, though, we had back out for a one final look before first pitch, Tim never Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 6: Tim, thanks again. Dustin May gets the start for the Dodgers four and five. His record, one of the keys to this one has to be first pitch strikes. He has a fifty six point three percent first pitch strike percentage. That's the worst out of any National League starter. And the Royals don't swing at the first.
Speaker 7: Strike, No they don't. We talked earlier the fact they have about thirty percent of the first pitches they're thrown for strikes they're taking. Here's the other thing, Dustin May. The first pitches that he has made, and we're talking about individual hitters first pitch a four to seventeen average. So on one sign, you got a high batting average. On the other side, you got a ball clumb It just doesn't swing at first pitch strikes, at least not until tonight.
Speaker 6: Noah Camera on the left hander is two and three and a two zero eight ERA. He made seven starts in Triple A. Omaha. He'll make his ninth big league start tonight. Batting average against them is pretty impressive, just one eighty two.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and the curb ball in the slider combined just a one fourteen batting average against. He also throws the change up, so you see some off speed pitches. Really anxious to see the six foot three left hand around the mound for Kansas City.
Speaker 6: Dodgers with the same exact record they had after eighty two games last year, fifty one and thirty one going into this one tonight Dustin May against Noah Cameron, Dodgers and Royals. First pitch around the corner, Tim.
Speaker 1: All right, when the game is overall, have you cover with all the postgame festivities, including Dodger Talk. Dodgers winners of twelve of their last sixteen, first place atop the nl West, Kansas City Royals twelve and a half games back in the Al Central, but don't sleep on Kansas City Dodgers Royals next enjoyed everybody, it's been Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck right here on the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network