Speaker 1: By Yes, it's The Been and Skin Show, ninety seven point one. The Eagle, thanks for hanging out with us today. The Cowboys have named their new coach and a lot of people think it's a joke. We'll play you some of the audio coming up here in thirty minutes. This segment is brought to you by Roller Town Beer Works in Salina, Texas, and we have on Thursday one of the biggest things that we've done in a long time out the brewery. We were just talking about it here during the break. We have KT and Skin's Atomic Music Bomb Trivia and it gets going at seven o'clock Thursday, and it is going to be a blast. You're listening to The Eagle. That means you love music. It is a combination of music, bingo and trivia and fun. We have nineteen beers on tap, the beer is flowing, there's prizes to the people who win. There's five rounds. We interact with you. It's going to be a blast. If you dig our show, if you love breweries, if you love music, bingo, trivia, all those things rolled into one and ben cheddar Wheel is going to be there serving up delicious food.
Speaker 2: So we have food, beer and music, fun all night long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Thursday is gonna be one of the best nights in the history of Rollertown Salina. If you love our show, if you like to laugh, drink beer, if you like music, having Skin and KT with their big music brains, you know, leading the way and Skin critiquing KT's decisions in the game show that we all get to be a part of it. It's gonna be epic. I have to I cannot wait for this. It's gonna be really, really special. So bring your team, bring your green hat, bring your whole crew. It's gonna be awesome. Anything you want to have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think this is Thursday night. Right now is Monday. Let's give give everyone enough time to make plans. Start texting your friends right now. Yeah, they're at work, they're melling in the rest of their day. Right now, they're just waiting till five o'clock to get here. Start texting them. Hey, Thursday night, you're gonna be on my team for music trivia.
Speaker 2: Let's go. It's very simple. Christina, You're coming out Thursday, aren't you. Totally I'll be there. I'll see you guys.
Speaker 1: Then go see Christine. She just promised she was gonna be there Thursday night.
Speaker 2: You promise. Oh she just said she's a liar DJ. She's six to ten here. Oh yeah, that's right. We should be given away bowling for Soup tickets all week? Are you really bowling for soup? It is going to be their Thursday night. No, they're not.
Speaker 4: But they're going to be at the Long Run Ballroom in February and Christine's is giving away ticket.
Speaker 2: That's cool. I read the promo email.
Speaker 3: I do want to say this too before we get out here on this Rollertown sponsored ad.
Speaker 2: Second. Yeah, I do want to say that.
Speaker 3: Yesterday or Saturday, Skin and I got to go out to the new Frisco location and watch them pour the foundation. And it's one of the most special things I've ever seen. That thing is going to be massive. It should be ready to go in October roughly, but they've poured the foundation. It's on Main Street and Frisco at the big White grain silos couple doors down from FC Dallas. It is going to be exquisite.
Speaker 1: You watch it happen, youar like hard that concrete will eventually get hard. Yeah. And it's a hard job. Yeah, And it's very difficult. For those guys. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Juice moves hot gosh, come.
Speaker 4: Stay on top in the woods shovel. So I'll have a little audio here Christina. But back in November or December, I think Skin came to the show and was like, do you know the Billy Corgan Bill Burr thing? And I'm like, no, I don't know what you're talking about, but this is what happened. On Howie Mandel's podcast, the lead singer of the Smashing Pumpkins, Billy Corgan, said this.
Speaker 5: My stepmother said to me, do you know who Bill Burr is? Bill Burr might be one of the children that your father sired in his days on being a traveling musician.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's very strange.
Speaker 4: And you know, people start posting pictures of Bill Burr and Billy Corgan's side by side, two bald guys, probably redhead.
Speaker 1: You can't really tell him, Billy Corgan? Well, can I say something about my thought at the time too? And I could have some of this wrong, but here's what my thought was. I was like, man, a lot of Bill Burr's material is about how his dad was just beaten down guy that just whipped his ass all the time and whipped all the kids asses. And so Bill Burr's beaten down because his dad was beaten down.
Speaker 2: He has an old cartoon about it.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I was like, this is really effed up of Billy Corgan to do this, because what he's implying is that his and I'd never heard that Bill Burr's dad was a musician.
Speaker 2: I'd never heard that.
Speaker 1: Maybe is maybe he's not have no idea, but I was like, Billy Corgan's implying that his dad got Bill Burr's mom pregnant. Yeah, that seems really out of line to me. This is really bizarre and weird. So they're going on Howie Mandel's podcast. Now I'm not like a Howie Mandel fan.
Speaker 4: It's clear that Bill Burr has some respect for him the way he's busting his balls.
Speaker 2: Uh. So Bill Burr.
Speaker 4: Is on Howie Mandel's podcast to promote his stuff, and then Holli Mandel pulls this stunt.
Speaker 5: Well, I want to do something out of a place of love.
Speaker 1: I got something special that I planned for you, out of a place uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: I got something that I planned for you, bringing the surprise that I, uh and look who's here. Oh hey, what's up?
Speaker 2: You sit down?
Speaker 5: Billy Corgan.
Speaker 2: Billy Corgan, I'm an ass. I thought this would be great to bring bring a family together.
Speaker 5: He didn't tell you. He told me you were totally cool with me coming. That's what he does, That's what he does. Can this be like edited out or no? I can I can go. I mean you told me Bill was I'll do it.
Speaker 6: Like, did you ever think the fact that I never told that story that you know, maybe you shouldn't. Did you ever you know me like emails and crap that I got like I sort of like went away from that.
Speaker 5: So let me just fill out. Let me just fel do we talk on a regular basis. We've never met.
Speaker 2: Billy Corgan is highly uncomfortable, and you can tell that that's real. So is Bill. Yeah. Bill was very uncomfortable too, and how he's loving it. So I didn't see the first thing y'all talked about.
Speaker 3: I saw this and came in and I was telling you all about it, and I got the feeling it was old news. But this was like a new development to an old story. Yeah, which I had no idea. Okay, so this is where it kind of escalates a little bit here.
Speaker 2: If you do the math.
Speaker 6: He was a piece of with you, and he had two kids this close together, and he named them the same name.
Speaker 5: He thinks it's different because he's Billy and I'm Bill. Like that's how we told the difference. Well, I was Bill when I was young. But you're right, I mean, with all.
Speaker 6: Respect, I just thought I don't have you know, it's it's it's not that I don't like him, it's it's it reminds me of.
Speaker 5: All of that. So, you know, it just seems more of the same from what I've been hearing. Whatever. I mean, I like your music. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is legit.
Speaker 2: This is legit. Has there been follow up to all this out there? Wednesday? It was okay, I didn't know. Okay, I thought it was over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think Ben brought it in Thursday and I hadn't seen this, and then you know, then I was like, okay, we'll read up on it, and then I forgot Okay.
Speaker 4: So this is Billy Corgan, highly uncomfortable Bill Burr is, but it's like fresh for him because he hadn't talked about it or dealt it. He's just been hiding it. And Howie Mandel's just sitting there. His daughter is right beside him because she's the co host of his podcast, and I think he's kind of a dirt bag, and I think it's all known and they all just kind of laugh at it. He's got a bunch of buildings that he owns and Billy Corgan was working out of one of them has a studio or something that you know, he pays rent to Howie Mandel. Okay, so there's there's a weird thing going on there too. But I could tell because some people are like, oh my god, Bill Burr hates how He Mandel. So I think Bill Burr like respects him because he's taking shots at him. You gonna tell Bill Burr's being funny too to say that, yeah, my dad was a piece of s.
Speaker 2: To name him Bill and me or name him Billy and me.
Speaker 4: Bill like, Bill bur though, is like he's just reacting that this is clearly not okay. But but some people are saying it is, and it's I think here's here's why I think it is.
Speaker 2: But again, I need I need to watch it. Right is number one you can see the pain man.
Speaker 1: Okay, now I get it, But why did Bill Burr go on Howie Mandel's show three weeks after the Billy Corgan thing?
Speaker 2: And well it's it's three months after? Is that how long it's been? This is in November?
Speaker 1: But he still knows it happened, Like, would you have said something to Howie Mandel beforehand? Hey, that wasn't cool that you let Billy Corgan do this thing or whatever? And then secondarily, so I want to make sure I understand this. So it's Corgan's step mom that told him this, So.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, there gonna get into this. Stepmom is not birth mom.
Speaker 4: They're gonna talk in a minut about how how he found out. Okay, Okay, you've.
Speaker 5: Done well for yourself. I'm happy for you, you know, but I just would.
Speaker 6: Prefer it you just kind of around no, not telling these stories like why why did you feel the need to do that?
Speaker 5: Okay? Can I can I give you the setup on all this because it's just old. You can do whatever you want because you Okay, I'm trying to respect now as you are. Okay, wait, he told me you were cool with me a Cubs fan. That that tracks.
Speaker 6: Wrigleyville, a bunch of south Sides where it's at what's up?
Speaker 4: He's deflecting, but with comedy, like he's heated, and he just started calling him for being a Cubs fan.
Speaker 2: And then this is the last part.
Speaker 5: So I told him privately that story. He said, oh, you've got to say this on the air.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but he always does that because that's the thing he's bringing in here, not because he's trying to heal the bullsh we went through growing up.
Speaker 5: He's getting here just for the ratings.
Speaker 1: Love this.
Speaker 5: Are we going to go play catch? We're both on ours?
Speaker 2: It's so good. I think it's real. I think skin brings up a good point.
Speaker 3: It is Hollywood, and it could all be fake or not fake, but it could all They could have all known it was about to happen. But I really watching it. Either Bill Burr's gotten much better at acting than the last thing I saw him in, or it's real.
Speaker 4: I just think I think you could tell by just the mechanisms. His body language changes a little bit because he did get He even talked about he say, I'm trying not to get heated about things anymore. And then he started calling Howiemandel you're just more of a lounge jack.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, is this thing live?
Speaker 1: Because if he was really that pissed off about it, he could be like, dude, don't post any of them.
Speaker 4: As a can. The first, first or second cut where he just kind of says that I'll do it, okay, I think he's just like, we're here.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's already a thing.
Speaker 1: I also don't think Bill Burr is the kind of guy that would do like some sort of elaborate bit. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's his style.
Speaker 4: He was talking about guy's gonna go hang out or whatever he goes, and like he's like, well, I'm a vegan, so I don't know he goes, I'll sit there and drink coffee while you're having your Brussels bru. I mean I think it shows you in this too. How funny Bill Burr is like off the cuff. I mean fairly we all know that, but uh, it is interesting. And they sitting by each other, dude, have the same shaped forehead.
Speaker 3: They look similar.
Speaker 4: We need to have a penis measuring contest to find out. Yeah, dude, that's how you would know. No, we just need to have one anyways, Okay, yep, all right.
Speaker 3: Coming up next, let's talk sports DFW Schottenheimer. It's happening. We'll discuss it next. The Cowboys have a new head coach.