Speaker 1: Sports Page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. The Games Mike the Bulldog Beyond You on JRR.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Page brought you by Kaufin and Lynd Injury Attorneys. Good morning, Mike Biyanki.
Speaker 3: Good morning gents. How are you this morning?
Speaker 2: Ready? Ready to do the do here this morning? What do you got for us?
Speaker 3: Well, what we got is obviously everybody's monitoring Hurricane Helen, especially up in Tallahassee where Florida State's football team is trying to get ready for the game at SMU. I guess from last I heard, Florida State's gonna ride out the storm in Tallahassee and then fly to Dallas for the SMU game on Friday, So we'll see what happens there. Obviously, it's a big game for Florida State. They're coming off that win against Cal on Saturday last Saturday, and they're trying to keep some momentum. So it's got to be a distraction. Obviously, Obviously they are bigger things and football games, but to them, you know, this is a you know, a big game, So you wonder how this is going to affect their preparation because you know, a lot of the players are from the Panhandle, and uh so they're worried about their families.
Speaker 1: So yeah, is definitely a big distraction, right, I'll say wow, I'll say so.
Speaker 3: And SMU is a pretty good team. SMU put up. I think they put up sixty six on TCU. They did last week. They did, so they can score some points. W NBA, the Caitlyn Clark Show is over. Caitlyn Clark in the Indie NFE. Ever, get eliminated from the playoffs last night. They lost game two. They only they played best of three first round of the WNBA playoffs, so they lost game two. So they're out of the playoffs. But what a season, what a calendar year it's been for Caitlyn Clark when you think about, you know, her college career. Last year, she broke the all time record for college scoring. Then she comes in to the w n B A is the number one overall pick. She set regular season w NBA records for assists in a season, points scored or assisted in a season, points by a rookie, three point field goals by a rookie, go down the list. So very successful season. Obviously, Oh I forgot to say, and she said all sorts of television ratings records for the w n B A. She was awesome. I mean, there's hands down, she's a stud. I'll tell you what that Indiana team they'll be. They'll be champions in I'll say two to three years, two to three years. She's going to get better and better as she progresses throughout her career, so we'll see what happens. The Rays also got eliminated from the playoffs last night. Nobody expected them to make it, but they lost to the Tigers seven to one. So the Tampa Bay Rays will not be in the Major League Baseball postseason NFL game.
Speaker 2: Real real quick. Can we back up to base ball for a second. The Oakland A's will play their final game in Oakland today, Bulldoug, have you ever been to that stadium?
Speaker 3: I have never been to I don't know that I've ever been to Oakland.
Speaker 2: I've driven by that stadium, and I'll put it to you this way. I haven't stepped foot inside of it. I drove by as quickly as I could with the windows and roll them up, roll them up.
Speaker 3: I guess it's I guess it's sad that this is the last game. But let's face it, Oakland has had many chances to redo their stadium. I mean that thing is ancient.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: They they lost their football team because they wouldn't build a stadium. They lost the Golden State Warriors to the other side of the Bay because they wouldn't build an arena. So hey, if if you want to be a professional sports town, sorry, you have to build arenas, you have to build venues.
Speaker 2: Then the A's are like, We're off to West Sacramento for the next few seasons before our new digs in Vegas are ready right right.
Speaker 3: NFL game tonight Dallas at the New York Giants. The Cowboys are under some pressure. They're one and two. They got smoked last week. I don't know if you got Taco Bob. I don't know if you have any access to Devon Singletary in your fantasy league. Devon Singletary, the Cowboys have the worst rushing off defense in the league. I'm predicting, Devon Singletary. They're running back for the for the Giants. We'll have a big game tonight. I just picked up Giants quarterback Daniel Jones. Wow. I mean I was sitting on a couple turns so I liked. I think the Giants could actually beat the Cowboys tonight. We'll see what happened.
Speaker 2: Hey talk, Why don't you drive over to Melbourne and join us for Thursday night football at Crickets on Wickham Road.
Speaker 3: My old stomping grounds in Bervari County has to live over there.
Speaker 2: We're gonna their pregame at six to eight unless we're told otherwise. But as of now, it's it's a it's a go as of now.
Speaker 3: Good good. By the way, what did you have you guys seen this story about the UNLV quarterback.
Speaker 2: The nil that he supposedly was promised.
Speaker 3: By Matthew Sluca. He left. They're undefeated right now. N lv's undefeated. They're having one of their best seasons ever, their ranked number twenty three in the Coaches Bowling. Their quarterback, Matthew Sluca, says he was verbally promised one hundred thousand dollars of NIO money from an assistant coach, the offensive coordinator, and they haven't delivered, so he essentially has left the team after three games.
Speaker 2: And then the head coach, when asked about it, said that none of those offers are valid unless they come from me.
Speaker 1: Hey, you guys all invited us on yourselves with this nil man. Now you got kids that are gonna dictate how things go and.
Speaker 2: Another reason you need the GM model now in college football. Yeah, here's my question. Like, the agent came out with a statement that they jig. So the agent came out with the thing they were nigged on the promise. Here, I'm like, what kind of agent are you? Why didn't you get a writing?
Speaker 3: You fool? Like, what are you doing as an agent? GM?
Speaker 1: Put a GM in and then the agents are going to be on top of their game making sure everything signed. That the GM is going to make sure everything's signed and there's no verbal agreements.
Speaker 3: This is this is what you get.
Speaker 2: You did it. I hope this isn't one of those deals where the agent is one of his buddies.
Speaker 3: It sounds like what agent wouldn't get this in writing his friend Todd.
Speaker 2: All right, dog, If you want to get catch up with that Mikeel Bulldog Yanky, you can find him over on AM seven ninety six to nine, a game hosting open mic on adjacent to This Weekday Morning Say. He takes some time out of his show to join us here at jr R each morning for the Sports page, brought you by Kaufin and Lynd.
Speaker 3: That's right. You can listen to under Oath with Attorney Jeff Cobbin every Saturday morning seven point thirty FM ninety six y nine. In the game. You can catch extended versions of Under Oath by searching your favorite streaming platform.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, Switch and Taco are always on demand. Download their podcast daily on our free iHeartRadio app. Get it now at w j r R dot com.