Speaker 1: The city had to say goodbye to a Louisville legend last week, mister Irvin Johns. You might not know him by name, but you know his company that he leaves behind.
Speaker 2: That was Suburban Towing.
Speaker 3: Oh, Suburban Towing.
Speaker 2: He built that by himself. Man to an empire.
Speaker 1: And I got to tell you they've done so much good for the neighborhood because of Irvin John's and he did live his life like that.
Speaker 2: Somebody wrote a song about the guy after he passed. He Uh.
Speaker 3: I worked at WQMF, so did you. Yeah, it was one of their two or three top absolutely top businesses was suburban towing, Cosmo Limousine uh and I can't even remember the third boy, but suburban Towing was on a lot of our QMF stuff, Like there's stuff for on it. And they are I think that people are like, what's suburban towing? The big gigantic guy that gets the semis off the expressway. That's what they do.
Speaker 2: And also, you know, just regular cars and vehicles.
Speaker 1: And also a point is they helped prevent drinking and driving with a promotion for us. At one point on New Year's Eve, they were riding around with us and records. I rode with him, picking up listeners and inspiring them not to drink and drive. Even his son, one of his sons, Brian Johns, started Moseby Rerecords, which I guess would be a or not started it but acquired it maybe, And so they were competitors but still best of friends. And there was a time, I think it was last year, where somebody reached out and they didn't have a bed. It was in Portland, they'd have a bed to sleep on. So I threw up a flag on Facebook and I said, look, there's a woman in her seventies, she doesn't have a bed. Let's help her out. Acquired a bed through her friend Jerry Mason. Yeah, and he said, come get this bed. I couldn't get in my jeep. He sent Moseby Wreckers, the record rivers took it, delivered it for me. So this family, this John's family, they are they're a Louisville Jim and Irvin John's. You're going to be missed in a big way. But thank you for everything you've done with it, so much good for the neighborhood. Ye all right, let's move into food news now, as the McRib is back on December third. That's something that I never ever would. I mean, I liked it back then, but it's just I don't get it.
Speaker 3: You can buy buy the gallon now. You can go online and buy a gallon of the mcgrib sauce.
Speaker 2: Nineteen ninety nine. Is what is going to run you if you I like it, do that.
Speaker 3: It's delicious. It's delicious. I don't need it anymore. Gus you you've had a McRib, Come on, dude, back me up here.
Speaker 2: It's delicious, it's good. I've McRib and it's okay. The bun is Oh, the bun is so good in the burber not rib. It's pork shoulder in some kind of paste. Who cares to say? Here's what I do care about. Are fake boobs real? Can you touch them? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, then the McRib is real.
Speaker 2: I'm processing that. It's kind of asterisk next to it.
Speaker 3: I mean your brain started to God, yeah, he went.
Speaker 2: Anytime you do the fake boobs I got because.
Speaker 3: It's just it just brings people back to earth.
Speaker 4: It really doesn't go in there and get a rib, which I'm sorry rib, which is the Simpsons thing for it.
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is it right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: But here's the thing. Two years ago they did the McRib farewell tour. So the McRib, if you ask me, the McRib is the Oriental rug store the very first second, the second Orion rug store opens up, the very first day, it says, going out of business.
Speaker 3: Can we call him oriental rugs? Can we do? We have to call them Asian rugs.
Speaker 2: No, it's Oriental rugs.
Speaker 3: You can't call people, okay, okay, good, okay, you can't call people, Well you can't, but no.
Speaker 1: As soon as an Oriental rug store opens up the very first day, going out of business, that's the McRib farewell.
Speaker 3: Tour, making a joke because it's funny, all right, So yes.
Speaker 1: It returns anyway, it returns. The McRib returns on December third, which happens to be my anniversary of a hot blonde with low self esteem marrying me.
Speaker 2: You know, what's it? What other excuse? Because she's a smart girl.
Speaker 3: American males, we've been living off hot blondes that are low self esteem for years.
Speaker 2: I was with Alex Raymondo.
Speaker 3: Well Saturday when you and your wife, and Alex looks.
Speaker 1: At me and goes, you know, the three of us, our wives are way better looking than us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, I said, Alex. At least you're famous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's true. Selling tickets for half probub Oh that's right for the for the charity on Saturday.
Speaker 1: See Alex Riemuondo Live at Mister G's one night only December ninth.
Speaker 2: Get tickets now.
Speaker 1: Pizza Hut has introduced a wine that nobody in the right mind would drink. It's a tomato wine. I don't know why they do this. I guess they do this just to get in the news, right because nobody's going to drink this stuff. It's made from ripe, juicy tomatoes. It's confused with basil. The tomato wine is made in a corporation called Just Beyond Paradise Wine out of Kansas, where all the great wines are made. It's supposed to taste like a blend of herbs spices with rich sun dried tomato notes with a subtle hemp hint of toasted oak well. I supposed to resemble the pizza crust.
Speaker 3: Well again, people loved the tomato taste. It's like, I am not a what's the drink you drink when.
Speaker 1: I'm not either a bloody marry I've thought of a bloody marry, just a bloody.
Speaker 3: Marry, guy, bloody marry.
Speaker 2: I do not like those things.
Speaker 4: I can't get it.
Speaker 2: But people love taste.
Speaker 3: I can't. People like tomato soup. You don't like it. I don't like tomato that with girl cheese. But I'm like, that's disgusting. Want tomato soup, that's like, just give me a spoon and some tomato sauce, warm it up.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: And then the other thing is the bloody Mary's. I think that's why. So now maybe you make a bloody Mary with this red this tomato wine. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I think the bloody Mary has turned into more of a novelty.
Speaker 1: And here's what I mean. I have people send me pictures of their bloody Marys on a Sunday, have all these sticks on it. Want to have a stick stick with a pretzel on it, a cheeseburger and all this crap sticking out of the drink.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, what do you do You've never seen that? No, I've seen them. I've seen the like different things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they have like they have like a bloody Mary and one stick will have like a full soft pretzel, another stick will have a cheeseburger, and you know the star cacelery and all this crap that you eat along with your bloody Mary.
Speaker 2: It's a novel. Have you know what I'm talking about? You want to You're stupid, It's stupid, right. This is this is the equivalent of the glass dunt knockover.
Speaker 1: It's the equivalent of the big It's the equivalent of the big blue fish bow that people used to get at Phoenix Hill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I just walk around with it. I always thought that was done.
Speaker 2: I never drank it. They just walked around, just walk around with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I don't know. I guess I would try it. Maybe not.
Speaker 1: Delta Airlines, Starting on December first out of Boston, only Delta flights out of Boston will be serving up shake shake.
Speaker 3: Shack burgers, you know, Lexington.
Speaker 1: It won't be available at all customers, of course, it's just going to be on flight.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, that's the rift frof from the back is not going to get it shake shack burger.
Speaker 1: That's one of the qualifiers. Yes, First of all, you must be in first class. Second of all, the flight must be going to over nine hundred miles. Customers will be able to pre order them because you obviously do not find burgers at thirty thousand feet. You must select your order twenty four hours in advance if you qualify it, and you have to use, of course, the Delta app.
Speaker 2: I'll have to get a cheeseburger.
Speaker 3: How I guess these are on the long flights. I don't need a burger on a four hour flight or a three hour flight, right, I mean, just give me the snacks and I'll eat it when I get back or what Well, of course you wouldn't come on.
Speaker 1: It's gonna make I don't get the people when we come back from Mexico every time, or even going there, there's somebody that gets on the plane with a sack of fast food and then they wait until the and they open.
Speaker 2: It just stinks to heaven the greyhound of the gosh, it really is.
Speaker 3: I will say this, and I want to be mad. I don't want to be mean.
Speaker 2: Since when.
Speaker 3: Two seconds?
Speaker 2: Is this a new thing?
Speaker 3: But on the flight back from San Diego, there were two individuals and I'm not making fun of them. I'm just stating there both of them. It was a couple. It was a male female. They were pretty big. I mean, they were humongous, and they got on.
Speaker 4: They were in a so on tell like it as you went from pretty big, Well, there were two fats on the floor.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to explain it because they took up so they took the first seat, the first three seats in the very first row, so I guess they were a so they got on first. I wonder if they bought three tickets because every seat in the place is sold, like, but you could not fit someone in the middle seat right, literally, no one could sit there. And again I'm not trying to be mean, they're waight challenged, but they but they would have to have bought a third seat because there's no one could fit because each that one was by the window and one was by the aisle. But there was no room in the middle, like there was no literally you could not you could fit a child or a toddler in the middle, but that's it. I wonder if they make them. I wonder if they said you had to buy a ticket.
Speaker 1: Ticket, but but there's no qualifier when you're doting online, you're just buying your ticket.
Speaker 2: They don't say how fat are you?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: And I should.
Speaker 3: And again I feel for them, and I'm not trying to make fun of them. I'm just saying, I'm just talking. I'm bringing up the subject because they have to get on plane. They have to get on a plane like anybody else and fly. But you're talking about taking three seats. If there's two of them, they got to take up three seats, not one or not two.
Speaker 2: Should we start a fat airline just for fasts? Would be like a C one thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then I would fly that because the seat's bigger. I would I want more room. I got all the room.
Speaker 2: I wonder what if you're.
Speaker 1: That size and you know you're laid for boarding, and you're the last one when you get on the plane and you're probably three fifty four hundred, and you start walking or trying to walk down that aisle and you're hitting everybody, you're knocking their glasses sideways.
Speaker 2: I wonder if they're all looking at you, and you're seeing the look.
Speaker 5: Like please don't sit here, please not here, please not here, please not here. Yeah, okay, he's right next to me. Yeah no, I said so. On the flight out there, it was four hours and twenty minutes. That's a that's a longer flight than I'm usual to. All right, so four hour twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: The guy that sat next to me at the end of the flight, we were getting up and I said, you pass, and he goes, I'm sorry, what did you say? And I said, you did not speak for four hours and twenty minutes. You passed.
Speaker 2: God love my wife.
Speaker 3: You're welcome, and I said, thank you. I mean, it was fantastic. He knew the rules. This is an elevator. Shut the hell up. I don't want to know where you're from. I don't know why you're flying to California. What you got kids?
Speaker 2: I don't care. Shut up, dude.
Speaker 1: I wear my headphones whether there's music on or yeah. Correct, and God love my wife. I'm the worst flyer. I mean, I'm the worst person to travel with.
Speaker 3: Well, you would stop after not say travel with I'm worst person.
Speaker 1: That is true, that is accurate. I'm the worst person. But she'll take that middle seat for me.
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you, I haven't had the I haven't had the window seat. I can't tell you because you don't take it, because your job as the married guy is to take the middle seat. But I guess she knows what she's doing. If you take middle seat, everyone's life is miserable.
Speaker 1: I guess what she does. She tries to defuse the grenade that is Dwhite witting you. I make it's bad enough as it is.
Speaker 3: He's so low maintenance in yeah, well on some things, I am really really hmm, it's a short list.
Speaker 2: Well maybe I'm not. I'm trying to think one thing that I'm not made.
Speaker 3: I think the breakthrough this year is is Dwight coming to agree. And this is why lovebo Dwight. He's willing to accept, uh, the criticism. Like he was so upset when I was like, dude, you know you're high maintenance, not low maintenance, and he.
Speaker 2: Was like road maintenance.
Speaker 3: And I started going through things and he went.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, I made this truthful. What do I care?
Speaker 3: No, truly absolutely.
Speaker 2: What do we have?
Speaker 4: Uh, Bargain Supply and Shady race by Yeah baby, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Bargain Supply East Jefferson Street. It's Black November. They've already started with the specials. I saw one where you can bundle all of the ge products and a lot of the if it's the same one, so you get the dishwasher, the microwave above the oven and right and then the and get them all in one shot and you save like three thousand dollars. It's a great deal at Bargain Supply. Get it done, and I guarantee you they can get it in before the holiday season is over, so you can get it done. So go to Bargain Supply East Jefferson Street. It's like the man store, right you walk in. It's power tools and duct tape and whel barrels and extension cords and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: And then you get to the appliances.
Speaker 3: It was really her her situation, so you stay up front where all the guys stuff power tools, and she goes in the back with the appliances and picks out what you need. It's called Bargain Supply in the New lou area. Got their own parking lot.
Speaker 1: Got your stocking stuff for got your Christmas present right here at Shady Rays. I love my Shady Rays up to thirty three pair right now, but we'll be out there live December thirteenth, and I think I'll buy a few more. This morning, I wore my Shady Ray Color Rush aviators and it wasn't even sunny, but all of these fall colors were so much more bright and vibrant. That's what the color rush does. Even the lines on the road, they just come. There's so much more brightened, vibrant. If you lose them, if you scratch them, if you break them, if somebody steals them, they replace them. Shady Rays are risk free and right now this is in store only at the Oxmoor Center. Are you a University of Louisville Cardinal fan. Maybe you got one that you're shopping for for Christmas or a stocking stuffer. They have University of Louisville Shady Rays a couple of different styles to choose from. I also have Kentucky that beautiful blue and white. If you got a Kentucky fan in your group. Shady Rays at the Oxmore Center. Online is Shadyrays dot Com. Stick Around News at the bottom of the hour. After that, we're talking to Louisville Fire Department. Lots to get to news radio Dwight Whitton, Tony Vernandi, Gus Allen, news Radio eight forty whs.
Speaker 2: Oh, little Sam.
Speaker 1: Halen, if you will, maybe it's some Van Hagar and NewsRadio eight forty whs. Please don't cuss everyone talking in the studio right now, not paying attention to the radio show that's going on.
Speaker 2: Please don't cuss. Are we talking with Jordan's look at that little guy.
Speaker 3: We're out downtown and we get we are by the immigration office, so we get the families that have just become uh citizens. They come by and they wave at the at the at the window and there's and again some of these family they're dulled up. This is a big day for them, uh. And it's it's really neat, it really is.
Speaker 1: We're talking with Jordan from the louis Fire Department here pretty soon, and he's.
Speaker 3: Jordan is Also it's.
Speaker 2: Still Louisville, isn't it? Even though it's town and it's still Louisville. Is I guess it's not? Are you separate?
Speaker 3: He's also in a knockoff y m c A The U, the Village People. He's in the knockoff Village People band.
Speaker 2: I like no, I like the look he's got. The it's not just a regular must.
Speaker 3: It goes down coast.
Speaker 6: You want to go December fifth, I know where you're gonna be.
Speaker 2: Come on, that's right, because I wanted to be down there.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be talking to a little to Middletown Fire Department.
Speaker 2: I always thought it was everything was just.
Speaker 3: No, that was wrong with you?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm so freaking tired, Like, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Well, what's not wrong with me would be a shorter list.
Speaker 3: It's true, Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 2: What am I?
Speaker 3: What am I talking about?
Speaker 1: We're gonna be talking about We're gonna be talking about no our thing whatever?
Speaker 3: What's the what do we have up?
Speaker 4: I just told you like five seconds ago. Yeah, yeah, it's part of the hard thing.
Speaker 6: Again.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry I forgot.
Speaker 2: Well you have your brain checked out since.
Speaker 3: I'm dumb, that's true.
Speaker 2: But I'm smart enough to use Eland and Eland. Damn right you are.
Speaker 3: It's called radio segue kids, Eland and Edland. I want you to think about using them when selling your home or buying a homeas one percent commission rate. There's no haggling. You don't have to call and say where your real estate agent or your cousin that you're going to use and go can you do this for one percent because it's already in the contract and ready to go. One percent commission rate with Edlin and Edland five nine eight hundred, they're going to accelerate the interest rates to drop. It's gonna drop another point by the time we get to January February. And when that happens, these houses are going to start selling like crazy. So and they're selling like crazy now, So let's do it. Let's go with Edlin and Eland one percent commission rate five nine nine twenty eight hundred are going to eat land dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, sit tight.
Speaker 3: It is a short week, Thanksgiving week. We'll give us before the week is out, we'll talk about what we're thankful for on news Radio eight forty whas.
Speaker 1: I'm always jealous when Jordan comes in because he wears his fire department outfit.
Speaker 2: Good looking guy.
Speaker 1: Now he's got this really cool mustache, like a hulk Holgan mustache.
Speaker 3: Fu Manshew, it's what I call so what I used to do, the fou manchew Right.
Speaker 2: Jealousy runs through my vein. I want I want to some.
Speaker 1: Type of uniform guys. Can we get like this jockey uniforms? Sure, with lots of He's got lots of gold and stuff on his stuff on his collar.
Speaker 2: I'll send you a picture of it. Sure. Yeah, how's it going? How's it going? Jordan? Good with the middle town lagrange.
Speaker 7: Geez here from every single We've done this for a long time.
Speaker 1: Anchorage, Anchorage town, Anchorage, middle town screws that screwed up ever since time.
Speaker 3: It's just amazing. He just doesn't pay attention.
Speaker 2: Nay nay, oh nay, doesn't pay attention, clearly doesn't care, doesn't care. Oh I do care.
Speaker 6: We probably provide your pire protection.
Speaker 2: You don't know, you do, No, I know who you are.
Speaker 3: Just go over and backhanding, because that's what you're doing right now on the air.
Speaker 6: Oh I will you brought up this mustache?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's no shave, no battle shape, no member which.
Speaker 7: We've had a thousand conversations about men's mental health. Obviously we're both huge advocates for that. Uh so that's what this is for. I shave it off December the first. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: But are you why? Man? It looks it looks terrific.
Speaker 6: What do you I'm not he doesn't look terrific. I'm not good anyway, I'm not good for as soon as you walk.
Speaker 2: I walked to the wall and steered at the wall with a hug, and I so love the mustache.
Speaker 6: She looked away from schools is what he said.
Speaker 2: Clearly, I said, stay away from playgrounds.
Speaker 3: You got the venetti turned to the wall and stared at it, and Dwight was like, great mustard.
Speaker 1: I told him, I said, look, stay away from playgrounds. And I asked him if he bought a panel van that has freak candies.
Speaker 6: Getting shaved off on December the first.
Speaker 3: I'm going to guess that you're here because Thanksgiving has good people make bad decisionssah. Sometimes that's why I have a job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but let's let's talk about Thanksgiving safety because no, seriously, a lot of times often somebody will say I want to fry a turkey. If it's your first time frying a turkey, you might not know that turkey has to be thawed.
Speaker 7: Yeah, make sure you're doing it with somebody that's done it before. Don't just go to don't just go to YouTube. We get most of our business from YouTube.
Speaker 1: But you know, and you know what, even better, even better, instead of frying that turkey, go ahead and smoke that turkey with a smoker from grow Master's supply into specs cocke ding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'll let's go ahead.
Speaker 1: Seriously, if you are gonna If you are gonna deep fry a turkey, do it with somebody's done it.
Speaker 6: Before another four. Make sure it's thawed out. Uh, don'tkating on.
Speaker 3: Hang on, let's make the prouty list right now. Okay, what's the number one most important thing to know about frying a turkey?
Speaker 6: Not doing it? Make sure make sure it's undalled.
Speaker 3: Bengo, because if you put a frozen turkey into the greed, what is gonna happen. It's gonna explode? Yes, number two. Second most important thing about fry a turkey?
Speaker 7: Where you're doing it? Not inside a garage, not close to a home, not on your deck. What on your deck?
Speaker 2: No, that's true because they that makes way the time.
Speaker 7: It all the time. People do it on the deck. They got stuff in the oven, all this type of stuff. But historically more home fires happen in the kitchen than anywhere else.
Speaker 1: So what do you think is the most? What happens the most as far as causing fires some things?
Speaker 3: Isn't it too much oil in the So the reason is love is because you put too much oil in the thing.
Speaker 7: It could be too much oil, but more often than not, if the turkey is not fault out. I mean, it's it's just just that simple. You know, you should do it several days before you're gonna actually do.
Speaker 3: It, Wait water and grease till no.
Speaker 6: But you know you were asking to white.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what's the most The biggest thing we see this time of year are people getting hurt, people getting burned, either by frying a turkey or just normal cooking in the kitchen. But you gotta think it's not just you and Susan in the kitchen. It's thirty other people. We are moving around the kitchen trying to probably taste some of your jalapeno poppers or whatever that stuff is that you're always making.
Speaker 6: So it's chaos. You know, everybody's happy to see each other.
Speaker 7: People forgetting that someone's on the stove or forgetting that someone's in the oven. So some things that people can do is make sure that they have a fire extinger sure in their kitchen, you know, not putting water on a grease fire, things of that nature, not trying to swat it out with a towel or anything like that. The bottom line is if it happens, we hope it doesn't happen, but get out.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about let's talk about you mentioned the majority of the car or burns. Let's talk about little ones and pod handles not facing facing.
Speaker 6: You know where they can pull turn those handles away.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you a friend of mine's child did that and burned his face. Oh it's horrible, horrible, It's absolutely horrible. I gotta think that's kind of common.
Speaker 7: I mean, you take a kid that's about ya tall, that's about even with the stove, comes running through with a toy or a blanket or something and just knocks it off of there and burns his face, hands, feet.
Speaker 3: I think several times have received the smaller fire exting reshirts for Christmas. That's a really good present for people, especially for the people are like, what are we going to get on?
Speaker 6: And people are like, you know, how often did they go bad? They last a really long time.
Speaker 7: But if if you've had one that sat in your kitchen for a couple of years, take it, turn it upside down, hit the bottom of it and you'll fill that powder fall again.
Speaker 2: That was my next question. That was my next question.
Speaker 1: What type of extinguisher would you recommend for a kitchen that the powder?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you can go to home depot lows that they literally come in a box almost that you would buy like a yetti cup or a turboce cup in just that easy.
Speaker 6: It's it's a.
Speaker 7: Very quick pin to pool. We call pul aim squeeze sweep pass. So pull the pin aim squeeze.
Speaker 6: Sweep yep. Of course, fire out, yeah when you're doing that.
Speaker 7: Once you've put it out, never turn your back to the fire, So make a bourbon when you're.
Speaker 2: But you know, the.
Speaker 7: Biggest thing is we see is people try to put it out themselves and when the alarm goes off, people who have not had a significant fire or have smoked up their kitchen and then alarm goes off and we show up and they're like, we we tried to cancel all the the whole neighborhood's fired up because every Middletown fire truck is on their street.
Speaker 6: Once we get that.
Speaker 2: Call, I believe you need Middletown anchor Anchorage Middletown, correct you.
Speaker 7: But once we get that call, we don't want that on us. So we're coming regards absolutely, So we're still going to show up. But if if the fire happens, it's a bad day. Just get out. Let us come there, do our job, try to save as much as we possibly can. We see that time and time again where somebody tries to fight it themselves, they get burned, the fire gets worse, and then the day is just worse all together.
Speaker 1: So because it doesn't take long for home to go up, man, And it's insane how quick we're talking.
Speaker 7: In the kitchen. Right above the stove is the cabinets. Once it gets in those cabinets, the party's on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, and the other thing is it's the only day there's probably two days a year, Easter, maybe Thanksgiving, Christmas, where all the things that you use in the kitchen, like how many times is the microwave, the stove, the top of the stove, and the mixer and the and the and the whatever thing is all going at the same time, Like you don't really use that normally. And then on Christmas or Thanksgiving you've got everything working.
Speaker 6: And we're and we're cooking.
Speaker 7: So when you're cooking and you do burn a little bit of something that's not a fire, yeah, for whatever reason, the sound is obnoxious. But do not unplug your smoke detectors. Yes, we'll go into somebody's house. That's that's called. And it's maybe just been a very something burned in the oven, nothing significant. And the first thing we see is a detector hanging from the ceiling.
Speaker 3: Yep, they pulled it out.
Speaker 6: They pulled it out. They don't want to hear the noise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't want to hear the noise. Yeah that's true.
Speaker 6: Three am. When your house is on fire, you're going to wish.
Speaker 2: You always heard that damn noise. Absolutely, So how did we survive?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 3: I remember my parent like, I.
Speaker 6: Don't know you all, I don't know I have I.
Speaker 3: Don't know because I took how drunk are our grandparents? And everybody was cooking and all that? Like how in the seventies it was like they started drinking like in six of the Lord.
Speaker 2: It's like, how did how did we survive? Well, some families still do that, Tony, Oh sorry, Okay, So Jordan's with this. He is with Middletown. Anchorage.
Speaker 1: Fiddletown is first, No, mental town is first, because we're more important than Anchorage. The confirm we're deny that facts or facts, facts or facts.
Speaker 6: Both historical areas in our community.
Speaker 3: Have I a limb and think that the anchorage believes there.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say it's excuse me, incurage.
Speaker 1: Hey, what do you get caught to an anchorage fire? Do they ask you to wipe your feet before you come into the building, because I can see him doing that.
Speaker 2: The company anchorage people.
Speaker 7: In eastern Jefferson County, which whether they're in uh Burytown Anchorage or Norton Commons or Fisherville. Yeah, everybody gets tree of the same that they get the best service.
Speaker 1: So you got to have an elevator speech in the entertainment industry and we go, hey, what do you doing?
Speaker 3: You talk?
Speaker 1: You try sell them on something. What would be your elevator speech on safety? Like a sixty seconds we're getting ready to go into Thanksgiving. The most important things to pay attention to.
Speaker 7: Be smart for sure, use common sense. Don't cook and the weather is maybe going to be crazy. Everybody wants to have shelter or whatever. Don't cook in the garage with the garage door, and don't cook on the deck. Those are the biggest thing. Keep your kids away from them, your little kids away from them. Make sure an adult is around. It goes without saying, you know, don't mix alcohol, but just be smart. Our people are obviously there. The last thing we want to do is respond to somebody's house.
Speaker 6: That's on fire on Thanksgiving Day.
Speaker 7: And unfortunately it happens every single year, time and time again here throughout town, throughout across the nation.
Speaker 6: But just be smart.
Speaker 7: We don't want to show up and have to spray your Thanksgiving food with water because it's all burned.
Speaker 1: He just said, use common sense and be smart. I think he just told us to cater our Thingsgiving.
Speaker 6: The white you should probably stick to smoking things. That seems to be.
Speaker 3: Again again. You have to thaw the turkey, make sure they right amount of oil is in it. Don't do it inside or even on your deck. Please take it out into the yard or your driveway. Either way, we'll work and buy little tiny fire exchanges for Christmas presents for people that are getting to their new home.
Speaker 2: Jordan.
Speaker 1: Look, it's it's common knowledge that firefighters become really good.
Speaker 6: Cooks, really good cooks, real good.
Speaker 1: What's a Thanksgiving like in a fire department? I gotta think it's a spread?
Speaker 2: Is it a spread? It is?
Speaker 7: So you got to think that the guys are working that shifty, And we kind of had an unwritten rule during my time that the shift as a whole, nobody took off.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if I took off.
Speaker 7: It wasn't fair to Tony that I took off on He's not a home in his family. So we spend all of those other days of the year together. So we don't do that. But you want to talk about a feast, everything that everybody's going to have at their home, that plus more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if I were a firefighter, do you think they would suggested I do take off.
Speaker 7: Though everybody's gonna take up and suggest that they would want you to do some of the cooking.
Speaker 6: Seriously.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, also I would send that we have man Sanders on every week every week. We don't have you on every week.
Speaker 6: I think that's we'll talk about that offline. That's right, And I'm called the management.
Speaker 3: But I would say, ill, good luck.
Speaker 6: Had good luck.
Speaker 2: I got fired.
Speaker 3: But I would think that the firemen have way better Thanksgiving than the police officers here.
Speaker 7: Now we do have, uh, there will be times like if they're working in our area, well we'll invite them in. I mean, yeah, it's it's it's it's two professions that are almost the same.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well it really is early. Uh there.
Speaker 7: You know, you see the memes on Facebook every year, you know, thanks to those who are eating in the car this year or whatever that that type of stuff. We invite them in. They're more than welcome to come and come and eat at our station. Yeah, they're out in the streets. We're out in the streets. We're all working together.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you, Matt Sanders, after those the disaster, the explosion, he kept giving you all credit like, oh yeah, and then after well by the extrication of the kid of the guy that fell into the hole in the construction site, and he was just like, look, we are there to assist to them like that.
Speaker 7: That goes to to kudos to the local fire department. They had a heck of a week. Yes they did last week.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but he Matt says, he walked up to them and said, what do you need and we're out of your waist to stay out of your way. But that's when both sides are working together. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 7: I mean, I mean, even any given day where it's a whether it's a medical call. So many police officers now are taking the step to to get medical training because a lot of times they're getting there first. Yeah, we're seeing them in our trainings, whether it's medical or you know, we provide a lot of rope rescue training for the SWAT team. I don't know if you saw a couple of weeks ago, we had our guys on the Big four Bridge and they were assisting l MPD SWAT with some repelling stuff. So it's it's the same business, just a little bit different.
Speaker 1: He's my buddy, Jordan, he's we've been freshed what decades, decades?
Speaker 2: Decade?
Speaker 6: Wait, I wouldn't say that on the air.
Speaker 1: He's with Middletown First Anchorage fire departments in decades.
Speaker 3: Because there's no gray in the white, tends to cause wrinkles and grays.
Speaker 1: A little Claire, little missus Claire, all there, I show my great George.
Speaker 6: Listen. I want to be like Uncle Dwight.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: God bless you and God bless all the firefighters out there. Let's have a safe Thanksgiving, happy Southern covered hot tub baby. I was in it last night, drinking my number one tequila, listened to the sultry smooth sounds of the seventies. How about a vacation right there on your own backyard. You're gonna need one when the in laws come over and start screwing up your house, clogging up your plumbing, making your life a nightmare. What's the different, heye Jordan, what's the difference between in laws and outlaws?
Speaker 6: It's hard to say. Don't have any outlaws.
Speaker 2: Are actually wanted.
Speaker 1: Listen, you're gonna need You're gonna need a vacation for me in laws right there in your own backyard. How about a Southern comfort hot tub. Now you're thinking, well, I can't afford a hot tub, Oh contrare bonsor thank again, hot tubs as low as sixty five dollars a month plus. Right now you get a hot tub up to fifty percent off. Susan and I we used twelve the same as cash. It was a breeze baby, seventy five oh one Preston Highway. You're gonna love your Southern Comfort. How to back to wrap it up? Maybe or maybe not? In just a couple of minutes. News ready to wait forty whas