Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to the seventh episode of the Thunder Cousins podcast. I'm joined by Nightingale TV, who is always doing his best to maintain his composure at all times, and we're going to talk to you about all the things happening in your favorite snail game, war Thunder.
Speaker 2: How are you doing, Gil, even fifteen seconds? Fifteen seconds? You couldn't go without making a single joke about something, Jesus, I'm doing okay. You might notice that it's been two weeks since we came out with an episode, and that's my fault. I'm sorry. I was dying. I was dying. I tried to be here. I told Rev I'm going to do it on Tuesday next week. Tuesday came around, I said, let's do it on Wednesday. Wednesday came around. I said, let's do it next week. I don't know what the hell was wrong with man.
Speaker 1: It made me wait in the rain with the boom box outside three days.
Speaker 2: I don't know what was wrong with me, but good god, I felt like a Victorian child. It was bad. But anyways, we're here now, and we've got a lot to talk about now because they've come out with a lot of new stuff to talk about in the last two weeks that we've not had a chance to talk about. So I know Rev is super super excited for one specific thing. He's gonna have a great time with it. He's gonna tell you guys all to go buy it. I don't know that much.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, home, down, chill out. I didn't know about all that well. We will be discussing a massive post made a couple of days before we air this, which is the new community updates coming out, which talks about the nuclear escalation event that we just had. Right It talks about sound mods because so many of you weirdos out there want to mod the game. You know, there are a lot of people who like sound mods. I've actually never used sound mods in my playthroughs. It's just not stop about super experienced with for those who like them. That'll be an interesting piece that y'all want to talk about. There is a roadmap that was essentially laid out in terms of events, which I'm cool with. I like that. Now some of y'all might not like to hear that. Of of what was it, the next four events coming out, two of them were naval based events, so they might now be as excited when they hear that part. We'll go over what's going to be the events, and as the man alluded to, there's also a new premium battleship dropping and I'll have my opinions on that, and I'll just go ahead and say, y'all know I'm a naval player, but woo doggie, you'll see he's got to listen to the show to find out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got a lot to talk about, a lot to talk about. It's probably one of the biggest blog posts or dev blog posts that we've seen, definitely this year, I would say in the last easily the last eight months, is probably the biggest post we've seen and the most transparent I think I've seen Guide and Bee in a long time. Based on the things to expect in the in the events to expect, I think it's kind of interesting.
Speaker 1: So, I mean all started because of the thunder Buddies podcast, by the.
Speaker 2: Way, Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's all it's all us, yep, all all two hundred. It didn't happen until we're the common denominators. There's no other denominators. You're right if you okay, So, yeah, do you want to talk about the the new pre order real quick before we jump into this huge blog post.
Speaker 1: Ah, let's not let's not bore everybody with pre ordering naval chips. Let's jump in the nuclear escalation. Okay, because I will say this talking about transparency. One thing I love that gaming companies do. Hell Divers has done this, Star Trek, all kinds of Battlefield six. They actually shared some numbers. Now, I wish we had access to numbers period across any event that happened, so we could see how successful was it. But they did release some numbers of Nuclear Thunder. How many people played, how many matches, how many air targets, astroid, et cetera, et cetera. I love these numbers. Then we'll use that as the springboard to the fact that lazy gentlemen now but officially announced it's coming back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's not not like I wanted it to, but it's come Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm a little disappointed too, But yeah, the numbers they released are pretty good if you would just quickly jump over them. They came out the whole fancy little graphic talking about the numbers. But yeah, one point three million people played Nuclear Thunder when it was out for April Fools, which is a huge amount of people, especially for being a near top tier air experience, you know, and that doesn't mean all those people played every single day, but at least that made unique people played, which is huge. Yeah, like that's a lot.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of people to try out. Now. I will also just be clear to our viewers and listeners, we've got nothing to compare that to Handy. So, like, I don't have for you what was the April Fool Submarine event participation numbers? I will say this, odds are. No matter when we would like pull back from yesteryear, these numbers would be higher just because the war th under population is higher today than it's ever been. So yeah, odds are this is the greatest April Fools event they've ever had in terms of numbers. But as we said a couple episodes ago, I want to make sure I, you know, bring it back up. Just because the numbers are higher doesn't mean it was a better event. I love the event as it is. We don't get into that as an ad nauseum discussion, but I don't think it was a good April Fool's event. Yeah, but for more numbers on that one point, three million uniques one and eighteen million number of players spawns. However, I want to compare that to the following only fifty nine million air targets destroyed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was basically a point you out there, they got to kill.
Speaker 1: There's two people dying and doing nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah oof, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: That actually points to what you said, that's it's araab without being arb. It allowed people to experience that who had never done.
Speaker 2: It before, exactly. Yeah. It was a very entry way to get your way to top tier.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: A lot of people, I know my community, it really coincided with my my decal coming out, So a lot of people were playing Nuclear Thunder and they were playing these jets that they'd never flown before, and then they were deciding, hey, maybe I do want to go buy this top tier premium or something like that, you know, like so they okay, okay, so they visual experience on YouTube is gonna be good for that one. I didn't even catch that you were pointing at me, So yeah, I mean it was just like it was an April Fool's event, but it was unlike anything other than they've ever done before, more of a test more than anything. So yeah, Obviously, seeing that many people playing it isn't that surprising. But I mean sometimes we forget how many people actually play war Thunder, and one point three million people playing in April Fools event just based around nuclear bombs and top tier air is pretty impressive. So yeah, I'm glad that they released the stats. It's pretty cool. So one of the craziest stats I saw was the max number of targets destroyed by a single explosion was forty one. Somebody in the world it dropped one nuke and got forty one kills, which is nuts. So I'm sure there's there's gotta be a TikTok about that somewhere.
Speaker 1: More impressed for me was the maximum number of bombs dropped by a single player. The max number dropped of the standard nuclear bomb was six hundred and ninety four.
Speaker 2: By one Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: The max number of hydrogen bombs dropped on the targets about single player was two three. They did not list who those players or player was the should have had They should have been making credit. If you did that level of grinding, you deserve a shoutout young man and young woman. But that's insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I think I only dropped I only dropped ten of the big boy nukes during that event. Someone did twenty times that. Yeah, like throw his name out there. I want to know who that guy is. I don't think he need be upset. Yeah, like that's that's that's huge.
Speaker 1: Y And then the most horrifying number to share, in typical snail fashion, there was a total of two and thirty three mega tons worth of nukestrop yess a nuclear thunder event.
Speaker 2: My god, so.
Speaker 1: You people need Jesus destroy stop killing judas reference to Mad TV. But yeah, that was kind of crazy, and I do appreciate those numbers coming out. That was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So the the the the reason they brought all those stats up one because they had an opportunity to make a cool graphic and look at their spreadsheets, but also they use it as a way to say that is coming back. It's coming back after the release of the next major update. I think the average timespan you're looking at for your next major update is early to mid June, so I think we'll have one in the next month. With the next four weeks will have a next major update, so you can expect nuclear Thunder to come back probably the second half of June. However, as Rev said, they have they are making changes to how Nuclear Thunder is coming back. It's going to be coming back at a higher br with more countries, so you can't get much higher than it was. It was already twelve oh essentially, so it's it's going to be top tier and it's gonna have more countries.
Speaker 1: So, I don't know, it's gonna be. Is just a bunch of greepins f fifteens and s thirties grass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, it's just a br mess. It's just going to be a nasty BVR fur ball, it's gonna be. I don't know. I'm not excited to hear that. I think Rev and I would have loved for them to go back to like the fifties and have like B fifty sevens dropping nukes at like eight seven to nine.
Speaker 1: You mentioned fifties. Yeah, how awesome would this have been if the theme was like the Korean the Vietnam escalations, Like yeah, Mike, fifteens going against early sabers and like that's where everybody would have been like, nobody's really done this. This seems like a lot of fun. Yeah, Instead we're just gonna go back to what we yeah always do.
Speaker 2: And I think it would I think it would have tied in really good to a vehicle that they are teasing later in this depth that we'll talk about in a minute, but they are bringing in another Century Family aircraft, so an F one hundred plus series aircraft that they teased later in this dead blog we'll get to that. It would have been a great tie in for that because they could have done that sixties like late fifties to early seventies kind of aesthetic for the next go around and really tied in that event. And they honestly they could have had that new plane in the event to really hype up the hype up that event. But you know, we don't make the decisions. I think going further in the top tier just ostracizes more of the player base, because I mean, I have every plane in the game. I don't even like playing top tier air. A lot of people that played this last event they didn't enjoy it because they thought twelve O was confusing. If they think twelve O is confusing, fourteen oh is going to be unplayable. It's just not going to be fun. BVR.
Speaker 1: If you're the person like me who has your radar set to default keys and you're just still ault X to try to find the baddie. Guess what, you're already dead. Might as well go to another mode.
Speaker 2: Yep, so all we'll see. You know, we hate it on we we hated on their last couple decisions, and they've kind of pulled through with some interesting choices. So maybe they find a way to make it work. Maybe they won't be Fox threes, but I imagine that will be. But well, I guess we'll see. We'll see towards the end of June, but be expecting that on the horizon. If you like the Nuclear Thunder event, it will be coming back in June, most likely at top tier with more countries this time. So if you're a top tier air player, I hope you're the.
Speaker 1: Only question I have is will that include everybody getting access to it? For example, let's say that we launch it, here's April fools, everybody had it. What are the default planes the factions they give you for play this event.
Speaker 2: If it was going to be like thirteen oh or fourteen oh, and they want to bring in other countries, I would imagine America would have like F fifteen, F sixteen. You know, Russia would have their flankers, they're mad twenty nines. Maybe I doubt they'd give them an SU thirty. Sweden would get like the grippin. Sweden also has a super hornet, so they could give them their super hornet. You know, that kind of area is kind of what you'd expect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was thinking definitely along the lines of twenty nine's and briefings and F sixteen's, which are fine aircraft in themselves, to be very clear, like the F two from Japan, which is a even though it looks like in F sixteen, it's not an F sixteen. Argue with your mother. They're very different platforms. They just look very close. But even then in today's game where it is right now, that's not the same as running super hornets or SU thirty's, Like there's there's big differences there.
Speaker 2: So yeah, just different place styles.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we'll wait and see what it looks like. We don't want to condemn something before it's here. But I am honestly disappointed that it's going higher in tier versus lower in tier. I agree, I agree, hopefully if nothing else will get the option.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they said it's gonna be more like the Seed event when it comes back, So it's gonna be like more bullet hell and CD kind of like where it's gonna be just an event tab on the right side. It's not gonna be like a whole April Fools thing. So yeah, if you don't want to play it, but then we won't play it. But we'll see. They also did say it's gonna come back with some tweaks for some of the ground targets and other issues that they're were, so hopefully they do fix some stuff, so we'll see. Hopefully it's an improve.
Speaker 1: Here's what that's going to be, Gail, because I love the AA aside from the accuracy of it in terms of like the lower accuracy, I love the difficulty scaling of that AA. And if they go unnerve that to where it just becomes missile dog fights, that's gonna make the event worse. Enound.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am interested because in the nuclear thunder event, some of those long range SPAA were incredibly good at smoking you out of high altitude. And if people, if this is top tier, people are gonna want to climb in BVR because that's a lot of what those aircraft are meant to do. And if you're getting dodged a shot at by Sam's the whole time, it could be really interesting. So I don't know, who knows. It might it might not be a mess. People might be on the deck anyways because you're still dodging spas. Who knows. It's guidgen. They love to make anti aircraft the best vehicle in the game, so it could be who knows. I don't. We'll see in a month, I guess, but it's.
Speaker 1: Even though recent history shows that's not how that was. Yeah, let's let's shop into the next one. Update on sound mods. Now, you're more familiar with these than I am, but neither of us used them.
Speaker 2: No, so I I have installed sound mods before, I have messed with them. I used to play with them a little bit a few years ago with and they were still a little bit infancy and the audio levels were super scuffed. It'd be really loud or really quiet, you'd have missing audio files. You have this that it's come a long way, and I know my community. It's probably my most asked question over the last couple of months. Ever since they removed sound mods are when our sound mod's returning, And now we finally have an update from Guidgen. They plan on bringing them back this month, by the end of May, I believe, is what they said in this post, So we'll see. I mean, I'm pretty sure they said yeah, the end of this month, so it will see. I they removed them because they were causing issues, supposedly, I don't know about that. I know there are there's some things going on. There's some back drama that's going on with the sound mods and stuff like that. You know, the people that you're supporting with the sound mods, so you know, if you like sound mods, go for it. Some people love the rxis, the RCSM mods and stuff like that. I think they sound really good for props and but there are some sound mods that give people advantage. I think that's what Gaigen is trying to really figure out. And some of the authors have been pulled into some legal drama lately. So make sure if you do you do a sound mod.
Speaker 1: I think the company, by the way, yeah, it tells you to turn your engines off sound wise yeah yeah, and turn their engines to max so you can hear them three miles away behind a rock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's but yeah, sound mods are coming back in the next couple of weeks. So if I know a lot of people that I've talked to in my stream legitimately haven't been playing unless they can have sound mods. So maybe it'll bring people back. Maybe everyone will be in a little bit better mood when their sound mod is back. But it's you know, a lot of people have put a lot of hours into developing these mods and to have them ripped with no warning kind of sucks. So having them come back is a nice thing. Guigen didn't have to do that. They did not have to let you mod their sound files because they already pay a team of sound guys to do sounds already. The fact that they let us do sound mods in the first place is awfully nice of them, So the fact that they're bringing them back is a wth w Guigen, you know, like, so they're coming back, keep that in mind. Just just be warned. You you have noticed how Guidgeon handles it now, so you can reinstall your sound mod, but if they get removed suddenly with the next major update, again, don't be surprised, because Guigon does retain that right to do that. So if you do do a sound mod, just know it's not forever. It's always going to have compatibile to compatibility issues regardless of how good it sounds. Just just just be warned. You know, It's not like it's not like they fixed every issue with them. When when they do come back, they just are coming back in the same fashion they were before. So there you go, there's there. At least there's news about it. It was pretty radio silent. They just kept kind of dancing around that. So at least they finally released something about it, which is cool. And then a very small thing before we get into the events that they announced, a very very small thing. They're given the Japanese G four M one a new cockpit texture. Just another bomber. They did say a few months ago that they have committed to developing the bomber cockpits in game, so this is just another follow through on their promise. There's one more bomber this time. The G four for Japan is getting an updated and fancy cockpit. So if you like, if you like low tier or mid tier props and you like Japan, you could have a bomber that has a cool cockpit. Now I think it's great. I think it's been a long time coming on the bombers getting their cockpits. I mean, even like the big, like the most common bombers, like the B twenty nine and the B seventeen and the B twenty five's never having a cockpit never made sense to me because there's so many of those in every in every like museum ever that they could go take pictures of. So I'm glad they're finally following through on doing those. So just just know that Guigen is still doing stuff for props, even if it's just a little bit here and there. They are still working on developing some lures here stuff, So it's a little we love props. I love props. Yeah, okay, best place to play.
Speaker 1: Okay, But now we get into the events conversation, right, So just a quar real quick and skinny of it. Hey, May naval event, naval vehicle. Also June D Day related vehicle event. Interested in that July we're going to have a ground event vehicle, and then back in August back to naval which are actually focusing on a World War One Soviet ship, which does have me slightly intrigued. But of the events coming here. I do appreciate them lnting us so ahead of time. All of those that didn't say this specific what is it going to be on they gave you the genre. Two of the four next events will be ship based events.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the May one they just announced that today too, so that is the I've already forgotten the name of it. It's a French coastal ship with a forty mil on it. I think it's from like it's actually kind of a more modern ship. But that is gonna be our next event as soon as this kV eight one wraps up, which I think by the time this episode comes out, I think the kvight one will be officially over. Like I don't think you'll even be able to buy it anymore. So yeah, you may. They may have already put that in game by the time this podcast comes out. If not, it's just another French coastal ship. That's the May event that they're talking about here, and then the interesting one. I do love when Guidin is very cryptic about their hints because when they dropped this devlog, me and my buddy Wookie, we sat in discord and we like, like we try to solve the riddles on what these vehicles are going to be. And for the D Day event in June, they said, a slightly unrelated vehicle to a real life operation, but still pretty cool. We'll be celebrating with a certain British aircraft that will be hopeful that will hopefully float your boat if you catch our drift. This will be the last vehicle event before the month long event pause. So we have two more events. We have this May event with the French Coastal Ship, and then for D Day you're gonna get the the a plane event. It's gonna be a prop plane. And then you're gonna have a month off before we go back into the events we've there's been a lot of hot hypothesizing in the community on what that June floatplane is gonna be. The it's the best guess is like the Supermarine Walrus or the Supermarine Sea Otter, or like a sea Fox or something like that. They're all very incredibly cursed. They're like these horribly cursed biplane froat floatplanes. They it looks like a twelve year old put them together by spare parts.
Speaker 1: Early days of aviation.
Speaker 2: Man, Yeah, but it's so ugly. But like that is those are that kind of D Day related float planeans that were British, so expect you can look it up. I don't know. Rev might throw pictures on the screen for you, but it's it might be something like that. It's cool, it's unique, but usable in game. Probably not just funny to have, you know so, But I'm down for World War two events all day. I like that stuff a lot. So, and then during our one month event pause after that D Day event will be tank Football coming back. So if you guys like the Rocket League mode for war th Under, it will be coming back in July as well.
Speaker 1: Did you ever like that?
Speaker 2: I've never I've only spawned in that like two times, to be honest, and I was probably watching Netflix and had Spotify up and didn't care at all. So I.
Speaker 1: Think I appreciate it that it's a neat change of pace. If anything, this is the type of thing that an April Fools event should be. Yeah, not that there's any they wrong with running it in July. I think it's neat. Look, I don't think most people, like the average player is probably going to be too into it, but I think it's a nice change of pace for those of you who have been, you know, grinding out all of your F fifteen's and stuff, and you're tired of it and you want to do something different for a real quick run, and you're saying, Rev, I'd love to do something, but I refuse to do Nabel cool tank football. This gives you a nice change of pace. It's not terribly crazy in terms of like super important, and if you also happen to be a fan of the World Cup, then it's more things for you to play with. So awesome in all directions. Yeah, I like stuff like that. I like novelty things. I only like them when the greater game is working well. And yeah, feel free to drop in the comments, how wrong, rev is? I do feel like the game is mostly working pretty well right now. Yeah, so have about it, have a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are some small performance issues, but yeah, game is running pretty well, so.
Speaker 1: It is MMO doesn't have small performance that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so through the Tank Football is done. Is The first event in the new event cycle will be in July. It's gonna be a ground vehicle, and it said a British ground vehicle. A single edge curved sword vehicle is sure to leave devastating slashes on your enemies. I think everyone agrees that's going to be the British Saber light Tank, which if you have played the British ground Tree before and you've used the Scimitar, it's the same thing, except take the scimitar, take the turret off, and put the Fox's turret on it. It's essentially what the Saber is, which the Scimitar already has the Fox's gun on it, just a different turret, so it's gonna be pretty much a scimitar. But the Scimitar is all right. People like the Fox, I think more than the Scimitar. The scimitar is a little slow. If you're gonna have that gun, you might as well be on the Fox. But you know, it's kind of tracks with their event vehicles being something that can be somewhat decent, but it's unique in some sort of way, so you know, if that's what it is, at least it's unique. We don't have another one of those in game. And then the final event that they teased is all the way in August. They're telling us about three months in advance on these events, and that is the one that Revduce is talking about I don't know anything about it other than the fact they said it's a First World War Soviet ship, So I don't know if you have. I've not looked at it that I don't know if people have hypothesized.
Speaker 1: I mean, that could be a litany of things. World War One is interesting because that's the time where basically every major nation had a lot of naval ships, like we talk about like the American Navy and modern times having a massive fleet. And while yeah, it's far more technologically advanced and there's more tonnage in terms of number of ships every country had done, y'all are gonna be blown away by this for those who don't study history, like an autistic nerd that I am, did you know that Brazil had one of the largest navies in the world around this time period one? So really, there's a lot of really cool things that that could be. I say that as a guy that y'all know looking I'm not the biggest fan of Russian stuff, but I'm very interesting to see what it is. And I'm also again kind of like biasly encouraged. Don't know how you would worried that with the fact that we're seeing more of this stuff seemingly to hint at earlier stages of the game. Right we're seeing more tanks, more boats, more even aircraft that are in that kind of four point zero five point zero and below range, which and I know I'm not saying that people who are above that range shouldn't get content. You absolutely should. If you're a high tier player, you deserve high to your content. But I am very happy to see these type of things being focused for those who aren't in that realm. I'm excited for things like that because it opens up the new players to feeling that freshness and good or bad, there's always going to be that group of players who feel like they're getting left behind and nobody loves us. And you know, you don't anybody to feel like that, whether they're a brand new player or have five thousand hours. You don't want anybody to feel forgotten. And that's probably my biggest win here. We'll see what they actually end up being, though it's gonna being a ship I actually hate. I don't know, but I like the idea of what we're seeing, which is they're splitting. We're gonna make sure we're giving some to the mid levels. The low BR players and the high BR people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you did you make your sacrifice the Zeus today? Just as just a fair thought, any blood for the Blood God. It's storming like crazy outside. Hopefully my power doesn't go out. Pissed off Zeus?
Speaker 1: Dude, off guard? Are you talking like what he's saying.
Speaker 2: We actually had a whole conversation on street yesterday about how the fact that all these events they announced tend to be low like we're all lowered to your stuff like seven AHO and below. And it's like, I I really like that some people in the community were like, oh, they're not getting anything new, and then they were promptly attacked by everybody else that actually plays the game and doesn't just want to play top tier all the time. This is great. I think it's fantastic. Now, obviously this doesn't involve the major updates at all. The major updates could still come out with you know, an F thirty five in four months and you know, but and this is just a way to like tide people over. But I don't know, I think it's cool. I like when they don't just push top tier, top tier, top tier, because I think Geigen is probably starting to realize, well, they've probably known for a while that they are kind of in a corner. They don't really have anywhere to go. They've finished their ground trees. Essentially, air is within a year of being done, Naval is dead, So what are they gonna do? You know, they kind of have to start getting people excited to play mid and low tier again, and so doing events just based around that is nice. And another caveat about these events is they just these are five events they've talked about. Four events they talked about. Only one is Russian, which is nice because the biggest gripe recently has been it feels like every event or every battle pass and everything was just always a Russian vehicle lately. So thank god we're getting something that's not Russian. So for the least the next three months, we're only going to get one Russian boat. And I mean, if you're listening, how many people actually do the boat events? I just take that as a as a couple of weeks off of grinding more than their homework, you know. So I don't know, I don't this is what it is. I'm excited for it. I like mid tier a lot, probably my favorite brs in the game are like four to oher to eight seven. You know, it's like my favorite range, so I'm excited to see it. So and then.
Speaker 1: Speaking, I mean that's where I'm at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And in speaking of the major updates, they told us nothing about the major update. There's a whole thing about the upcoming major update with a really cool picture of an A ten which cool thumbnail. They said, the next major updates around the corner, and we're not gonna tell anything about it. That's since you all, they said, so good luck on the major update. Not too much. They've told us no no hint towards what the vehicles are gonna be. There are two four small things like that they did announce, like gameplay wise, but no hints towards what to expect vehicle wise from the next major update. And one is a tank. I use a lot, so I'll tackle that one real quick. And it's the term three. I know a lot of people are excited about that, especially those tank nerds out there, because people have always given the term three, which is the premium German tank at eight seven. Now it was eight three, now it's eight to seven. They just up tiered at this update. They've always given it a hard time because it's like a gyroscopic turret that should have like a three plane stabilizer. Meaning if you're listening and I'm trying to I gave you a visual on the video, But if you're listening, think of like a ball sitting in a cup. You know, no matter how you move the cup, the ball's always gonna be in place, kind of like a chicken's head. That's how the term three's turret should be. You know, your chassis could be on like a forty five degree angle, but the top of your turret should still be flat. So they're actually implementing that now, and they would like you to know how much effort it took. So they said it took a moderately complex It was a moderately complex task that required both a custom trigonomech trigger Jesus trigonometric solution to a three axis orientation handling, and deep integration with the Dogger engine. So there you go. Apparently they worked pretty hard on that and they want you to be proud of it. But there was a pretty cool little graphic in the Dead blog where you can swipe your mouth left and right as fast as you can and see the difference. So it's cool term three is getting a little updated. I don't think there's any other tank in the game that does that. I might be wrong, maybe like the Google Blitz or something.
Speaker 1: It might be the only one that has a three plane stabilizer.
Speaker 2: Yeaes stabilized.
Speaker 1: That's a very niche set ueah of all tanking. But it's that they go on to say, the primary challenge was not the mathematics itself, Night and Gale, but adapting the stabilization logic to support a highly unconventional control scheme while preserving precision and consists.
Speaker 2: My god, dude, someone will really put their thinking cap on to put that sentence together. Yeah they won't. Yeah, so we got GPT Yeah the good translation in that time. Yeah, so term three is getting some love. I always saw tiktoks making fun of warth Under, comparing it to the other tank simulator games like worth Under's so realistic. But look how the term three acts in this game. Like Roadblocks is one of those games that goofy mod for Roadblocks that has tanks in it, Like worth Under, They're like Roadblocks has better tank physics than warth Under. Look at the term so now they're finally getting caught up a little bit. The term has been out forever, but they're finally giving it some love. So that's if you love the term. Most people hate the term because fighting it is annoying as hell, But if you like it, it's kind of cool. Son is so dramatic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just the Internet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so any way, Internet. See. Another thing that they did announce is a new missile simulation graph window. So what does the hell does that mean? That pretty much? That means if you are one of those guys who plays a lot top to youer air, or you watch a lot of videos on top of your air and they are good, Lord, it's raining outside, and they always show you those graphs of how missiles perform, and you're like, where are these getting these graphs from? You know, it shows you how they perform, you know, in the first ten seconds to the last thirty seconds, you know, or like range and whatever, and you know it's just these fancy graphs, these line graphs for every missile that's gonna come pair missile statistics, So you know, the stat card is not going to be the only thing you have to look at. There's gonna be an in game line graphs now for each missile, so you can compare how they perform at range, at speed, at altitude this missile compared to that missile. They're putting it in game now, which is pretty cool. That has existed on third party websites in the past. Stat Shark, I think, has stuff like that, So they're pretty much just taking this third party idea. They're taking stats that are readily available in the game files that other third party people have used and made graphs out of, and they're just doing it themselves. It's just another layer of transparency. If you want to really get down to like the meat and potatoes of your top tier missiles, you're gonna be able to do that now. Most people probably never going to open that window, but it's gonna be there with the next major updates.
Speaker 1: So the other thing I mentioned was putting all radars on like a cyclical flow, allowing you to essentially automate that process versus manually controlling it. I think that's also neat. That's one that is and they even said it in their devlog that it's a mouthful. It is such a mouthful that I want to see it in action before I render any judgment that could be beneficial to more casual, higher tier air radar players like myself, for people like you and those who go crazy meta, that's probably not for y'all at all.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Rev is discussing the they, So man, how do I explain this? So at the moment in top tier, you can manually sweep your radar, I think the key fault the default keybind might be hold alt and then you can grab your radar and swipe it left and right. So instead of just expanding your radar scale out and hoping it picks something up, you can like narrow your band and manually sweep to a sector that you want to look at. So that's already in game. From my understanding, what they're doing is they're gavving and they're adding a key bind where while you're manually sweeping, you can switch between the targets it's picking up while it's in that manually sweep band. So it just gives you a little bit more niche like like like usability. I do know some top tier guys that do it a lot. I know I watch my buddy Rico. He does that a lot. So there are people that use that a lot of those BVR guys that play high tier, they play high altitude, they're really trying to make sure they fire on the exact target they want, and they're sweeping at what they think is their weak point to take that area out first. That's gonna be good for them. So it's just another another way to increase the usability of top tier planes. So another key bind.
Speaker 1: I'm just hoping it allows me to stop picking up freaking missiles. Let me rotate off dis missile. It won't make me stop yeah looking at Yeah, that's what I want.
Speaker 2: And another top tier air change is They also announced that there's gonna be updated damage and X ray models for the mid twenty seven, the mid twenty three, and the F fifteen a's, which is interesting. They already did this on I believe the mid twenty nine. I think they did this a couple months on or the frog Foot or both, I don't remember which one. A couple months ago they announced that they were going to be upgrading the top tier plane models to be adding a lot more components on what things could go wrong if you get hit electronically. So it seems like those that the Farmer Aircraft frames like the Make twenty three, Make twenty seven are getting that, Oh not the farmer, the flogger. Sorry, the twenty three and the twenty seven they're getting upgraded models. And the F fifteen they have pictures of it, and the F sixteens and the F sixteen. Oh they did say the F sixteen's they didn't show a picture of the F sixteen. Interesting, Okay, so you go, so two Soviet it's two Americans.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's multiple F fifteen models of sixteen models and twenty threes and twenty sevens Now, it doesn't go into whether it will be all of the models, though I'd be honest, I'd assume it would be all models of fifteen, sixteens, et cetera. But yeah, four different ones. Two on the Russian side, two on the I guess you could call it NATO side. And those will get done. But that is your major points except for one teeny tiny thing that I know Gal is going to spend money on. There's a new pack coming out. This pack is four dollars a gale. But inside this pack you get the missile knows where it is titled, and the anti air tree decals.
Speaker 2: They're just trying to get you to spend money that came out two months ago. I think. So it's been out for two months.
Speaker 1: And yet do I want to spend four dollars of the.
Speaker 2: D I've already spent four dollars on that. I already bought that the day it came out. Actually, so you are right, yeah, so that's so yeah, that is actually so yeah. They want you to go buy a four dollars pack because you read the dev blog. They hope that you got excited while reading the dev blog and they're like, oh, I'll go spend four dollars. You're right. I forgot about that. Oh oh and we forgot oops, totally forgot. Uh. They also are upgrading the multifunction displays for a lot of top tier aircraft. So if you're a simplayer or your guy who just likes the nerd out over over your front person, your first person view, your multi function displays are being made more authentic. So that's cool. And also two or through four air five five vehicles they said is coming out for the next major update. So I guess I forgot all about this. They did say what's some things that are coming out next major update, but nothing top tier. Really one big one is another riddle. They said for the US, we'll have a magic aircraft with his namesake being able to communicate. It was spirits. Everyone is saying, that's the F one oh one voodoo, which is a pretty cool it's a it's a century family of aircraft. It belongs to the same thing as the F one hundred, the F one o four, the F one o six, And we don't have the F one o seven, and I think the F one o three is an early version F the F one o six, So this is one of the last century aircraft that we don't have yet. So it got from I was saying, yes.
Speaker 1: I you you're saying one o six.
Speaker 2: Right, No, the one o one, the one o one voodoo.
Speaker 1: You're saying one on one right, yeah, yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying, What do you want? B two spirit?
Speaker 2: The B two spirit? But okay, I saw someone said the B two spirit. But it wouldn't make sense that the B two spirit is able to communicate with spirits right where they say the same word twice, that's the voodoos. They kind of tone.
Speaker 1: I think that's the point of it. It's it's so on the nose.
Speaker 2: Maybe a B two would be nuts, but I think it's the one on one, but we could be right.
Speaker 1: It would also be just as useful as the Nighthawk.
Speaker 2: So that's true. I mean, I don't think they'd bring the B two in yet, but that would be crazy, I guess. I mean, it would be just as useful as the Nighthawk. Who knows. Maybe you know now that you say that they could bring it in with the nuclear thunder event coming back, that could be your nuke craft that you bring in for America. Yeah, honestly cool, that would be cool. I don't think it's that would be cool. I don't think it's gonna be the B two, I mean, but it could be. That'd be that'd be badass. I think it's the finite. My my gam my vote is the definite one. If I'll put money on it right now, I got five dollars.
Speaker 1: Is cool. I think my only counter to why it would be unlikely to be the voodoo, and again that's just giving opinion, is you're talking about something that's if we're throwing out BR, what BR should it be. That's a lot lower than BR we would be talking about with thunder that's yeah. I would think in the nines.
Speaker 2: I know, nine to three, probably probably Nino.
Speaker 1: That just seems like a really random item to to hype up and bring in, you.
Speaker 2: Know, uh, yeah, you're not wrong. But they also brought the F one o six in recently, which was the same thing essentially, not the same aircraft, but the same bre for miners saying the F one oh one, the only thing it really had were the aim for falcos or the falcons, which is what the F one o six pretty much has. So expect if it is the Voodoo, expect those early not great American missiles that the F one oh six had the event vehicle from last year. I don't know if it ever had a gun. I know a lot of people are saying it had nuclear capable payload. I don't think they're gonna give us nuclear capable payload, but it did have possibility of carrying that. But I think it's the Voodoo. Honestly, if it's the B two, that'd be cooler, but I doubt they're gonna do that. The most heavily classified would.
Speaker 1: Sell a lot better too. We're just from a yeah it's nail perspective. Yeah, Well, because the last topic we have today is about an eighty dollars item, and if that's what they if they were making eighty dollars items, B two makes a hell of a lot more sense than what they want to sell you.
Speaker 2: Well. And then yeah, they also did announce quickly the Washington B one for the RAF that is a British B twenty nine that's coming. They announced a new Indonesian Leopard two. They announced Sweden getting Norway's Nomad SAM top tier SPA and the chev Shirvana Ukrainia for the Soviets it's a boat, and the USS North Carolina. So there you go. That is everything that they talked about in the dead blog. Boats, planes, tanks, stuff like that. You know it's worth under so but Rev wants to really talk about this boat that they want to sell you because he thinks it's the best purchase you can ever make.
Speaker 1: First Off, don't lie my name. That's why we're not cousins anymore. Second off, Second off, look, ladies and gentlemen, y'all know that for those that don't know, there might be people who don't know. By now, I actually do enjoy naval in SDA in SDFC, I enjoyed naveling war Thunder, even though I acknowledge it's not a very good mode. Okay, I'll just sit there and tell y'all we actually had a whole podcast. We're not gonna make y'all rehash that. But this game will bring in things that you know, and I understand it. It's a game is here to make money. I've actually got no problem with that. And if people do, cool, don't don't you know, spend with your wallet. But the big item that's coming, and the only reason I care so much is because it calls eighty American dollars like freedom dollars, and what you're getting is a Rank seven French battleship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, eighty dollars for any quote, I think is ludicrous. I don't think anyone's gonna spend eighty dollars on any boat. I'm sure somebody does. They're not. They wouldn't be asking eighty.
Speaker 1: I would spend it on the Iowa, for example.
Speaker 2: But like I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I'll put it this way. The bad selling point of this is even in the first lines, is like of one of the last battleships to every sale, and I'm like, I wonder why probably because they charged eighty bucks then like they do now, I'm sorry war Thunder as one of your few naval players. Like cool, it'll be nice the one week this goes on sale. I have more than three actual opponents that aren't bots in my naval battles, which be neat. But come on, guys and gals, eighty dollars but the art, Okay, I want to be objective and I want to be fair. There are neat things about the gen bar. For example, it has two front turrets, each have four turrets inside three hundred and eighty millimeters guns. And those four guns that each turd has, so eight three hundred and eight milimeter guns. Is that's spicy? Like that's that's the ICEE firepower, you know. But again based on where the state of naval is right now, So then come in with an eighty dollars price tag. Look, I get the argument, because if you made this price tag forty then you have to then go argue, okay with a bringing out the ans. You fifty seven felon, but we made this forty bucks. Now we got to sell the felon for forty bucks. I get it. You want to maintain a standard and that's an actual thing, but still eighty bucks for this.
Speaker 2: Thing we talked about Yeah, on our one of our last episodes, we talked about how Naval is dying and one of the things they could do to fix it. And I think charging eighty dollars for your premiums in Naval for a top tier battleship is not how you get people to play Naval. If you want to get people to play Naval, cut every boat price in half. Take a loss on your boat, like development, see if more people start buying them and playing them, run it for a month, you know, like the only thing they're doing is like nobody opened that ninety nine point five percent of players opened up that dev blog. The people who did open the dev blog saw eighty dollars price tag battleship clicked off. I'm never gonna buy that, Like that's that's riddly.
Speaker 1: The thing is like, it's not even it's not even a case of like, hey, this is going to be the best ship in the game. And now I guess they could, right, it is very possible to Snail could just decide that we're going to uber bump this up. When I was talking about what it has weaponry wise, which in terms of like as a ship. Yeah, three hundred eighty millimeters is a lot until you remember that the Iowas had over four hundred milimeters. Yeah, it's saw I used, which never was freaking real is shooting basically intercontunistical ballistic missiles that year. Yeah, like, this is not going to come in for eighty bucks and make you a top tier good player. No, you're buying this because you have a passion of French naval history, and even as a collector, that is a high price point for something that will not throw you to the top of the diminishing naval leaderboards though, and won't even outperform the big naval battleship update we just had a couple of months ago.
Speaker 2: M h A lot of money, man, yep, I don't think I I wouldn't recommend buying it, But I also don't play top tier naval because I like fighting real people and I don't like having two teammates and two enemies, and that's what top tier naval is. So eighty dollars I think is y'all are going to buy it?
Speaker 1: Use my link, that's what you say, you care. Use reduce's link. If you're a few naval players out there like me and you're like, you know what, revs, screw it. I am willing to spend eighty bucks for some French history, and you know what, more power to you. I've literally gone after things that have no real use in game, but I wanted it because it was part of American history and I respect that. That's you use my link saving three percent on that eighty dollars purchase.
Speaker 2: And receiver his did cant. Yeah, So yeah, that's pretty much. I mean, that's that's pretty much all the big stuff. And that was a lot. I mean, that has a serious amount of information that came out. So if anything, if the you know, the point of today's episode is bravo to the Snail on actually being super transparent about the next company, the next events coming up, and I'm glad they're finally listening to the community and the committee wants a little bit more of a heads up but when the events are so and what they're gonna be and if they should plan around them. So there you go, a little bit transparency from the Snail. Never hurt. I have nothing bad to say about that death blog at all. Like, I wait, a little bit about the ship, but that wasn't even the same blog, so bravo to the same.
Speaker 1: That's even negative about the blog either, Like I appreciate the transparency of telling us what's coming, I just don't like what's coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all that's fair.
Speaker 1: I give them big golf collapse for the actual post. Yeah, that's awesome. Keep that going, guid Joe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hopefully we get more of those. Hopefully that's a trend that they're going to just start putting a little effort in and be more transparent. So good job, Guidjen. There are way more developers who do way worse of a job when it comes to transparency. So I'm pretty proud of it. I'm excited for some of the stuff they're coming out, and hopefully you guys are too, hopefully. And you heard a little bit maybe you didn't know about, and you guys for listening. I appreciate you guys being here. Rev. I'm sorry again we missed a whole week, but this is episode seven, so thank you guys for listening for the seventh episode of the Old thunder Buddies podcast. We've made it this far two months now, we've been doing this, so I appreciate you guys. We are at the time we record this, we are like twenty eight subscribers away from two hundred, so thank guys so much. If you guys are listening to this again, if you haven't subscribed, subscribing helps out more than you know, helps out a lot, so keeps me in Rev here Rev well, yeah, he'll I'll at you goofily if you hit the subscribe button. There you go. You just did any Smile at you. Thank you. We appreciate you guys hanging out. If you guys haven't hit that like button, leave a comment down below. If you have anything. If we messed anything up and you want to correct us, leave a comment down below. Helps out a lot. We try to reply to every comment and we do read every single one. We appreciate the interaction down the comment section that you guys always do so, and as always, if you guys have a guest or if you want to be a guest on the podcast, feel free to let us know. We're looking for guests that could be on the podcast in the future too. We have a couple lined up, but we're always interested in doing that too, so expect maybe guests soon as well. So we appreciate you, guys. Rev and I love doing this. We love telling you about what's going on. We love sharing our opinion, even though our opinions might be a little bit based, but I think it's cool. I think the Depth blog was cool. I was excited for this week. I was excited to see that post, and I'm excited for some new stuff coming out. So we appreciate you guys hanging out. REV. You anything you wanna say.
Speaker 1: Big take you, sir, Listen closely. Don't ever follow this podcast until you turn your camera on you hear me, sir, You hear me. Love you, appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, we'll see you guys next week. Thank you guys for listening. Thank you guys. I appreciate it.