Speaker 1: The right quiet.
Speaker 2: Dodgers playoff Baseball is back, and with it an annual postseason tradition scam is back.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 2: This is Sax and Cakes in the.
Speaker 4: A APPA go with Proway.
Speaker 2: Dodger legend Steve Sacks is joined by your favorite Dodger pregame host, Tim Kates. If you want to talk Dodgers, get in on the show on eighty six six nine, eighty seven two five seven now. While the Dan Patrick Show streams on the Ihearts radio app. We've been banished to the Internet until this Dodgers playoff run concludes. Here they are broadcasting live on AM five to seven e LA Sports. It's Tim Kates and Steve Sacks.
Speaker 1: Nobody said it was gonna be easy. Sure, the Dodgers had a three to zero series lead and we're on the verge of sweeping the Yankees, but you know they weren't gonna go without a fight on and off the field. Yankee fans grabbing Mookie Bets, Yankee players hitting home runs, and now it's a Dodgers three to one series lead. After the Yankees win Game four last night eleven to four, It's Sax and Kate to the Am. Tim Kates, along side two time World Series Champion, Rookie of the Year and our favorite Number three, Steven Sex. Thanks to Jeff Nelson for joining us last hour. David Vasse will join us coming up at the bottom of the hour. A lot of Dodger fans fired up this morning, saxy about what the two Yankee fans did to Mookie Bets, but also fired up for this Dodgers team and getting back on track. I can feel little tents, attitude, little tints feeling around the office here as I make my way through the building during the commercial breaks, you know, people asking me, what's gonna happen? Can the Yankees got the momental? What do you think? Can Jack Felerty stop it tonight? What's gonna happen? You think Garrett Cole is gonna to dominate the Dodgers. I don't know. I don't know how it's to play out. I certainly hope hope Jack fulherity goes out there and shoves. I hope the Dodgers offense gets after Garrett Cole, Bud. You can feel the tense feelings. Now, what what's this celibratory mood yesterday? And getting ready for a world series parade, and some idiot on the radio said this series is O v R. I don't know who that was, but now we got ourselves for fight here, Sack.
Speaker 3: You got a nice little fight going right now.
Speaker 5: I think that the general narrative has to be with the Dodgers in that locker room is one word, and that's trust. You gotta trust what you got going. You gotta trust you know, the guys, the starters. You got three guys lined up right now. You know, for the most part, you know, you wish everybody's one hundred percent healthy.
Speaker 3: They're not.
Speaker 5: Freddie is not one hundred percent healthy, but it has an affected him. Right Otani of course is having to hold his arm up to his in his jersey so he can run properly. He's not one hundred percent, but that's okay.
Speaker 1: They're still playing.
Speaker 5: There's still banging heads with these guys, and you just got to trust that you're really, you know, got the best you can be considered. You know, along the lines of the injuries, you have the guys that you got it, guys that are hot on this team, that can do it, and so yeah, you just got to say trust it and let her go.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to go after show Heyotani, but I'm gonna go after Showyotani. I know he's got the bang dubb shoulder, but if he's good enough to get out there and play show Hey, needs to be show Hey. I need to see some of these the show Hey magic out of Show Hey Otani. Runners on base last night, had an opportunity, came up, could not deliver, had a hit last night, but also struck out last night. Has been very quiet in this World Series outside of the ball he hit off the wall and it ended up at third base at the game at Dodger Stadium. Just haven't seen a lot of Otani. I know they're saying the same thing about Aaron Judge in New York. But this is the World Series. This is the biggest stage. Superstars have to be at that level. We're seeing it from Freddie Freeman, got to see it from Showey Ootani. We just have to first.
Speaker 5: Pitch of the game yesterday, probably a foot and a half two feet out of the zone. He offered it the pitch. Okay, look things about that number one. I don't want to take the aggressiveness out of Show Hey Otani.
Speaker 1: I like the action.
Speaker 5: I like him, you know, putting it on the line and being aggressive and going for it. However, you know, professionally speaking, ball's way too high. You know what the differences are. But when you have a one oh count compared to an oh one count, they're massive differences. So every pitch can get can get the whittled down to the micro level and you can kind of analyze the hell out of this. But you know what, let her fly? I mean, what the heck? You don't want to change the essence of what Otani's about. He's an aggressive guy. You know, he's looking to go deep every time he gets in the box. Damn he almost hit sixty this year. Yeah, let him go. And I think, look, he's only got to be right once. I mean, you get three guys on like Freddie Freeman did and hit the Grand Slam, you only got to be right one time, right, And that pitcher has to be right every pitch. He's only got to be right once.
Speaker 1: What about a god like Maxi Muncie oh for three three punch outs last night he drew walk and as what you mentioned earlier, there was that one time he had twelve stream row. Yeah, I get it. He's he can walk, he can get on bays. We can certainly know he get the long ball. I look at the bats last night and then even go back to the last couple of games here this World Series. Max a munths he doesn't look completely comfortable at the play. He's chasing pitches. He doesn't seem like his timing's on. You can make a case he looks lost at the plate.
Speaker 5: Well, he's chasing the high pitch right now. There are some really good sliders that were thrown down and into the back foot of Muncie, and he took him.
Speaker 3: He spit right on him.
Speaker 1: I mean three inches out.
Speaker 5: Of the zone and I'm thinking d yum Man, Max is on it now, you know. And then they throw the pitch up in the zone. He's a high ball hitter. That's where he makes his living. And he know he did. He swings and misses. He has a little bit of a trend to swing upward on the ball, as do most hitters today. He liked that, right, Yeah, what we don't want to get down that road. No, I don't like that. But that's the way. That's what it is today. And you know what it's not. It's almost like you live or die with it. You know he's gonna get a home run or he's gonna swing and miss. And that's why I like swinging down to the ball. But that's another story. But I think if he just brings it down. See, for a lot of hitters, you got to tell that. You gotta make sure that you tell yourself, hey, I got to make that picture bring the ball up, because most of the time they get you down out low on the zone. Today, hitters aren't pitchers aren't stupid. They know that hitters like to swing up on the ball. So if you're pitching up in the zone and he's swinging up, guess where he's gonna hit at the bottom of the ball like they want to do, and they're gonna either pop it up or swing and miss. So that's why today you've got to have a guy like Max Munsey say, hey, I got to make this guy bring the ball down in the zone so I can get more of a level cut at the ball. So that's what it is today. It's opposite when I was playing, it's make him bring it up. Today's version is make him bring it down. And I think that's what Max has to.
Speaker 1: Do great analysis from the great Steve Sacks there on Max Munsey what he needs to do and certainly if he can get it going, just another added factor for this Dodgers off events going into Game five tonight. Mookie Bets last night drove in a run, Mookie had a base base excuse me, scored a run, and also had that incident along the right field line. Afterwards. Mookie Betts didn't want to hear about the incident down the line when he talked to the media.
Speaker 7: And when it comes to the person in play, it doesn't matter. We lost, it's irrelevant. I'm fine, he's fine, everything's cool, and we need the game. We lost the game, and that's that's what I'm kind of focused on. You got to turn the page and get ready.
Speaker 3: For tomorrow game story much.
Speaker 8: I'm not sure.
Speaker 7: I can't look back over there. Everything's fine.
Speaker 3: A lot of you guys were talking about that.
Speaker 7: You the Yankees working to lay down You know, what did you see differently out of out of the them? Obviously they hit the wall, but just to kind of turn the page for the fight they're gonna fight. If you made it this far, you you have a resilient team. That's gonna fight the whole time. We expect that. Obviously, we didn't play well today and they did, and that's why they won. The feeling of ready home and again the first inning for too nothing to leave, it just went out. I mean the show great, it's great trying to get on the board first, and that they fall back and can't do anything about it. Now do you ever have to rationality? No, I've never had that, but again it's a rodant.
Speaker 8: You guys have been so patient at the plate.
Speaker 1: There were a few more strikeouts today or what you attribute that to?
Speaker 7: Is it just trying to make something happen in later in I would say we're human beings and we're not machines up there. So they had a bad game and as part of it, so we upturned the page and get ready for tomorrow.
Speaker 9: Do you feel like you're still pretty control of the series.
Speaker 8: Or when a team wins a game like this you're worried and might get.
Speaker 10: Them a little more life.
Speaker 7: I mean, we're up three to one right now. We feel pretty good about it. But you needed that they're they're gonna fight. It doesn't matter what the score is and doesn't matter when when they're gonna They're gonna fight, and so just I mean, no lead is safe until you win the fourth game. Well, so, Muki, you know going into this, you knew this was going to be an up and down series.
Speaker 3: Anyway, some good for him and some.
Speaker 10: Good good for you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, they didn't make it this far on accident, So you know what I mean. Act they're a really good ball club, and they showed it tonight.
Speaker 1: All right, there's a mookie post game last night. I'm not sure the constant asking them about did you expect the Yankees to keep put up a fight? Do you did you expect this to be a serious Of course they expected it to be a series. Of course, the Yankees are going to put up a fight. They're not going to go quietly. They got here. They want to win, was what I mean. Sometimes the media ask such stupid questions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, no, we know, we expect them to lay down. I can't believe they even you know, got one run. We were shocked to see them, quite shocked. You believe they were the best team in the American League. I can't believe they're here and they're fighting against us, and what do you think they're gonna do.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't know if I like the fact that. I mean, he doesn't want to harp on the incident in the first and I understand that, but uh, it was a big incident. I mean, he wants to downplay. He says, I'm fine, it say irrelevant, we lost the game. I get all that, but I mean, Mooki, it's it's a pretty serious incident fan grabbing on to you and holding on, not letting you move.
Speaker 5: Muki's an absolute, you know, top flight competitor. And I'm not speaking for Mooki at all, that's not my business, but I got to think that he said, man, I'd like to thump that sucker. I mean, of course he would. You know who wouldn't you know?
Speaker 3: Some loser like.
Speaker 1: That is grabbing the ball out of your God.
Speaker 5: The more I think about it, right, and I'm just kidding, I'm like you, I'm getting ticked off, right, And I don't want to do that. That's not a good spot. I mean, I don't want to be ticked off. It's not good We said it earlier.
Speaker 1: It's like a WWE match in which the referee is not looking in these two Jabbroni knuckleheads from New York. One grabs a wrist, the other one grabs the other arm and tries to get the ball out. Now, like, nobody's gonna see this. What's a Jabbroni? You've used it a few times. I haven't gotten to grasp what a Jabbroni is?
Speaker 11: Is that?
Speaker 5: Is that a is that just kind of like a surname for something or what is it?
Speaker 1: It's just like an idiot, you know, a foolish dude.
Speaker 8: Dude.
Speaker 5: You know, I was gonna I almost almost a loser, Yeah, I almost. I was going to use the word. These guys were a couple of troglodytes. Okay, but but you know I didn't go there. I didn't want to, you know, do that. But Jabroni is kind of kind of an Italian you know, background to it as well, you know, yeah, an idiot, a stupid guy. Yeah, a loser, you know, Jabroni freaking loser, Yeah, trogadit'e a guy that lives under a bridge or you know, just kind of like a caveman. Like, Okay, these guys are about that smart exact.
Speaker 1: PJ and Whitty are you next up here? On Saxon Kates and am how you doing? PJ?
Speaker 10: Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 8: Guys?
Speaker 10: Thanks for picking my call. Hey a couple of points here. Yeah, since you've been talking about this for a while, last few segments that Mookie, this incident terrible. I feel we would have been equally as a fit if anything like this having a Dodger stadium. So I hope, you know, uh, looking at the fans in New York cheering on when Otani got hurt, I hope a lot of New York fans just you know, just speak out against all that. It's really really a bad class. And those two idiots you know last night were idiots. I even didn't even like when was it and one of our excuse one of our fans took away a double or he reached over the fence to do that.
Speaker 8: I was upset.
Speaker 10: Even though it costs, it wasn't it wouldn't have been a home run, But just the fact that they're interfering, I'm like, come on, let them play, don't don't be idiots. You're out there to enjoy the game, don't try to mess it up. So anyway, on that point, I hope the New York media and the New York fans really get on these knuckleheads and like, you guys, what the heck they're letting them back the next day. Come on. So anyway, that's that. The last point is the way I see this series is the way I've always seen baseball, where and sax you know this. Players have slumps, teams have slumps. I'm thinking the Yankees just happened to fall into a slump. Uh, And the Dodgers were on a roll. If you remember back in the twenty seventeen season when the Dodgers during that regular season, they were getting chunks of wins like eleven game winning streaks, fourteen game winning streaks, and then they hit the big slumps. And I remember back then, I'm like, okay, please don't be so don't be on the ball just before the playoffs, because nine times out of kim, you're going to fall into the slump. And in the playoffs these slumps are magnified because it's just the short series.
Speaker 9: The Dodgers are on a.
Speaker 10: Roll right after they beat the Padres. I think they were on a roll. They were great. Yankees were good, but I think they hit a slump. Now yesterday I was fearing okay and and I even called it, well, my wife, oh this this inning when they had who was the three big batters coming? When they got the grand slam bump, Bolty, something's going to happen. Sure enough, it seemed like to woke, come up, see coming out of the slump. But the Dodgers are still doing good there. Eventually will get a slump some how if we keep going, you know, fourteen to fifteen games, but they have three games to win one.
Speaker 9: We're on a roll.
Speaker 10: We should take this. But now it's a series. Like you said, I didn't think they would sweep, but now it's a series. Even if it comes back on Friday the Dodger Stadium, I think the Dodgers still have the momentum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that about it. Appreciated, PJ. Thanks for checking in. The momentum can go back and forth game to game. He can maybe go back and forth within a game. We certainly saw that last night. But with Jack Flaherty on the mountain tonight, and with the high leverage relievers from Bonda to Vesia to trying and to bruise dur Garaderole, you know, Michael Kopek, I mean those guys are ready. Those guys didn't get in the game last night. Yeah, they got an extra day's rest. They'll they'll empty the tank, so to speak, tonight, Saxy day off tomorrow, and if they need to play game six, hey, they'll have forty eight hours of rest in between Game five and Game six and they'll be right back out there ready to go. That's why they didn't use them last night. I got a couple tweets you're saying, why not use them?
Speaker 11: Lot?
Speaker 1: So you could use them again tonight, day off tomorrow if you need for game six. No, no, no, empty the tank tonight in game five and then give them a day's rest.
Speaker 5: Right, And again the word trust. I trust Dave Roberts. He does the right thing. He knows as good as anybody what these players are feeling at the moment the game starts. I trust the one hundred percent. So you got to go with that. And I don't agree with people that say it was a punt yesterday. No, not a punt. They intended to win that game, just like they do tonight.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Reggie in La. Reggie, thanks you for being patient, Thanks for joining us this morning as well.
Speaker 12: How you doing, hey, guys, You know I hope Major League Baseball steps in and really comes down and penalizing those two guys. And I want to let you know, Steve Sack with JABRONI means Debrony means in terms of professional rest and is the guy that does all the work to make the guy the other guy look good.
Speaker 6: That's all they do.
Speaker 12: They're there to make everyone else look good and not.
Speaker 6: Do anything else. Okay, a couple of things. I know I talked to you guys yesterday about Tommy Egnan about it, and I know Sax said he liked the versatility. But when we saw on one air he had I think that was the air had because he wasn't a full time short stuff, which any other full time shows. I don't think they make that mistake the other. The other last thing is when Bolby was was going in second and it looked like he got tagged out and then he jammed the ball out of his hand. I don't understand why he wasn't called out on that play. I want to hear his thoughts on that.
Speaker 12: Lastly, and lastly, the secks did you like the national anthem?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 5: Okay you Reggie, thank you Reggie. So first of all, I didn't see I didn't hear the national anthem. I turned it on right at five o eight because I don't want to talk about maybe my negative attitude about the anthem, but I don't want to be discon disenchanted with the way I might hear something, and I want to go into the game on a positive note. Okay, So what was an answer national anthem?
Speaker 11: Tim?
Speaker 1: I know something. Was it a chante that sang the national anthem? I think it was pretty good. I have seen highlights on social media.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm taking it was pretty good from what you take. Okay, So anyway, the ball again, we covered this in the last segment. You got to control the ball all the way through the tag, not just at the point of impact. He was out if he would have controlled the ball, But you can't expose the ball to the runner. If you do that, bad things happen, like we saw. So what I like to do is I like to tag the guy with my wrist and cup the ball, you know, towards my body, so you protect it and then get the heck out of there. You don't want to keep it on there unless it's a bang bang play, and then you hold it on the runner because he might pop off, and that's what they like to do today with all the visualization that they have available, So you just like to kind of hold it on there and see if he does pop off. So everything was okay, except I really wouldn't want to expose the ball to the runner.
Speaker 1: He is Steve Sacks. I am Tim Kates and Saxon Kates and the am here on this Wednesday morning, October thirtieth, the Yankees fight to play another game, and that is Game five. Tonight is the Dodgers again look to close them out in New York three games to one in this best of seven World Series matchup. Yankees win last night eleven to four. Dodgers look to get back on track tonight with Jack Flaherty and a rested Bullpen ready to go in the Bronx. Well, I'm wrongo becauseino Dodgers on deck starting at four. First pitch from the Galpin Motors broadcast both coming up at five. Ohoa, David bess Hey joins us in your phone, calls the rest of the way, and Steve's keys to Game five. It's a Dodgers Yankees right here in NFI seventy LA Sports. It's Scam, Sax and Kates in the am on this Wednesday morning, October thirty. Thanks for being with us as you head to work. You sitting in traffic making that commute, dropping off the kids to school. Maybe you're heading to school. We appreciate you being with us, taking us with you on the go live everywhere on a FI seventy LA Sports as we lead up to Game five of the World Series. Yes, this thing did not end in this weave. The Yankees with an eleven to four win last night in Game four over the Dodgers. Clavor torre Is a home run in the eighth inning and a grand slam from Anthony Volby in the third inning, bust that had opened. The Dodgers, though hung tough, making it a five to four game in the fifth inning, but that was it as close as they would get. As the Yankees go on and win Game four to force a Game five tonight. Garrett Cole and Jack Flaherty the pitching matchup tonight. First pitch coming up at five oh eight p m. We'll get to David Vast in a couple of minutes. Your sexy, but a lot of Dodger fans went impatiently and we appreciate that. Sam and Rialto is next up. Sam.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Hey, good morning Joman. How you doing today?
Speaker 5: Good Sam.
Speaker 9: Quessure for you, Steve. I want to talk about hitting in bats. Hardness of a bat? Is that a choice of like maple of pine, also to evil by feel? Is it scientific where you look at the compression of the bat to the ball when the hitter is in a slump, do you do something that is drastic to change your bat?
Speaker 8: That's question?
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you, and the answers would be, uh, yeah, some bats are harder than others. Maple tenants has, I think is the going word that it's the hardest one. White ash, I think is the the other kind, the adirond neck bats. And you know, so what I tried to do with my bats is the wider the grain of the bat. And you can look at this on the head of the bat. The wider the grain or the fewer lines that you see in the bat the heart of the bat is so the theory being if you have more lines in there, the bat has a tendency be a little bit more porous and not as strong. But if you have less lines in the bat, the bat has a tendency to be, you know, stronger. So I would go with the bat that had the least.
Speaker 3: Amount of lines in it.
Speaker 5: And if you're going bad, can sometimes change a bat and that could maybe help you get a little bit.
Speaker 3: Of a better feel.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, all the bats, even though you have the same model, feel a little bit different. I use an S two model, and I would have one bat and it would feel okay, and I have another bat it would feel great.
Speaker 3: And so those are the ones you use for the games.
Speaker 1: Louisville Slugger s too. Is that what it was?
Speaker 5: Yes, m M Louisville Slugger. How many bass do you still have? I have a couple. I usually order like a dozen a year from louis Really yeah, and then I, you know, sometimes people want them and I give him out. You know, it's just you have a bat chair and I give him out. But the for the most part, I don't carry a lot of bats.
Speaker 3: Around the house.
Speaker 5: I do have one bat. It's kind of like Tom Cruise did in that movie. Uh, what was the movie where You're a good man?
Speaker 3: Yeah? If you good men and.
Speaker 5: I have a bat, it's weird, but I got what he was doing in that movie. Because I'll carry my bat around when I'm getting ready for a speech and it helps me think. It just I carry the bat, I kind of hold in my hand, and it just lets me be at ease and I can think a lot better with the bat.
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: It takes you into a good moment, good space mentally. That's a good thing. Yeah, and always a good thing. Is David Vasse, our Dodger insider who joins us from New York City as we're gonna play a Game five tonight. The Yankees win last night eleven to four, forcing a Game five in this best of seven World series. Dave, good morning to you. I know you wanted this series to be over. A lot of Dodger fans did, but here we are at Game five. The Yankees fought back last night, and I give a lot of credit to the Dodger reliever, especially Land and Nact, for what he did last night. I know a lot of Dodger fans think that Dave Roberts punted Game four last night, but it was a feel situation and the way things went, especially late, he stuck with Brent Honeywell, overall, what did you think of Game four last night from the Dodger.
Speaker 11: Side, Yeah, I don't think punted is the right word. Landon Knack and Bank Cascarius combined to pitch six innings and only give up two un runs. It came down to one of the real relievers, Daniel Hudson giving up a Grand Slam to Anthony Volpi on a really bad pitch. He struck out Juan Soto on a great slider, and he gave up a Grand Slam to Volpie on maybe one of his worst sliders. So I don't think punted is the right word. Dave Roberts obviously used the cards that he was dealt. That's the situation that Dodgers have been in all postseason long, and that's how they've navigated the postseason as well. So I know Dodger fans were disappointing last night, but look again, I feel like they're a little spoiled. But Dodgers are still up three games to one with a chance to win the World Series tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, agreed, Dave. Good to be with you this morning.
Speaker 5: I want to ask you a little bit about Max Max Muncy, such a great display he put on getting on base twelve times consecutively. Was amazing, And it looks like he's just chasing the ball up in the zone maybe a little bit too frequently.
Speaker 3: Right now, we've.
Speaker 5: All been there, we've all done it looks like he's really laying off that low ball and the slider in the back, the back of the foot. He's doing a good job on that, But what's your assessment of months he may be just going a little bit too high for the ball up in the zone.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I was thinking about that during the game last night, Steve. It's really incredible that this is the same guy that you know, set a record for reaching base twelve consecutive plate appearances, and here he is zero for fifteen. I don't know what to make of that, except that the Yankees are pitching him really well or he's trying to do too much. But I think he's just got to go back to being Max Munsey and stop trying to, you know, be a hero. I guess I think that's what he's got caught up in.
Speaker 1: What about shoey O'tani David certainly his place at the top of the lineup. It's a figure there. Then it's whether he's healthy or not. He can still do damage with one swing of the bat, But Dave Roberts seemed a little frustrated last night. They asked him, is he hurt? Is this why he's not swinging the bat? Do you see any differences? And he said, no, he's chasing pitches. He's got to get back to what he does right, and that's smaller the zone up in the box and you know, whether it's a walk a base, it doesn't need to chase pitches out of the zone. It sounded a little like frustration from Dave Roberts on what show he's doing right now in this World Series.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he's two for fifteen, he only has one extra base hit. I think there's no doubt in my mind his swing is compromised because of the less shoulder, But he's got to be able to just stay within whatever his body's allowing him to do. And if it's not allowing him to, you know, swing the swing for the fences, then take the singles, take the locks. He's a big part of the offense and his presence alone means a lot. But certainly he's got to be able to He's hurt, There's no doubt about it. He's hurt. So he's got to figure out a way to be able to, like I said, adjust with the injury that he's dealing with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, David, Tonight's when tonight game with Flaherty, I know it's going to always be a feel the manager is going to have his vegerant to the pulse, and he certainly does. But given that, given that fact that there's two games after this one, if it gets to that, how much will they empty the tank tonight? You know, given a two or three run lead, whatever it may be. Again, that will dictate, but how much were they willing to go? I guess my question is to empty as much as they can tonight.
Speaker 11: I think they're in a position to empty the tank, Steve, because tomorrow's a day off, and I'm just going by recent history on how the Dodgers have navigated the NLCS. They're able to use their high leverage relievers tonight, and even if they lose the game, they're able to bring them back in Game six. So yeah, I think that's part of the reason why Dave Roberts didn't use them last night. And I know fans are having a hard time reconciling that, but that's how he has to navigate this with a pitching staff that's a little thinner than others.
Speaker 8: Day.
Speaker 1: We've been talking about it all morning and getting fired up every time we watched the video of the two knucklehead fans down the right field line. What they did to Mookie Betts. Not only did he leap up and get it, holding on to his glove, holding on to his wrist and prying the ball out of his glove. One of the fans after the game, here's this quote. We always joke about the ball in our area. We're not going to go out of our way to attack. If it's in our area, We're going to d up. Someone defends, someone knocked the ball, we talk about it. We're willing to do this end quote. These guys are complete idiots for what they did last night. I know Muki didn't want to talk about a postgame, but is any talk about it after the game last night, anything from the Dodger side about how ridiculous this is.
Speaker 11: Yeah, MOOKI wasn't too happy with it. Obviously he was pretty upset, but he was more upset they lost the game. Look, I talked about it before. I thought Dodger fans, they don't seem to understand the rules either, But those two fans went too far. They really could have hurt Mooky because he was basically dangling from the high wall with these two knuckleheads pinning his two hands on the wall, trying to get the ball out of his glove and rip the glove off his hand. He really could have got hurt. The Dodgers dodged a big bullet right there, and I can't believe those guys would be allowed back into the Yankee Stadium. I mean, like I said, I've tried to explain to Dodger fans because we saw with Jerks and Profar Robin Mooki in the NLDS, we saw Alex Radugo make a great catch in left field at Dodger Stadium and Dodger fans getting out of the way. But there's a there's a difference between trying to knock the ball out of a player's glove and fell territory and what those two guys did that was so over the line. And man I heard that they allowed those fans to stay in the stadium even after they removed from those that's can't believe they would allow that unreal.
Speaker 5: You're you're right, David and we've We've had a few other choice words, Tim and I as we've gone along the program today, troglodites, cretans, skunk chumps, Jaeboni's, Yeah, whatever you wish. But you know, I think the Dodgers have still got the momentum. Inasmuch as they lose the game yesterday, their momentum is still with him on on the macro side of this, they've got. They're up three to one right now, everybody's fresh and arrested. I think that locker room's got to be excited, vibrant and can't wait to get at it. This is a chance now that they've come back and stung them a little bit, where you really get the ir up and go after these guys.
Speaker 3: What about that, Dave?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, without a doubt, Steve, I mean, come on, they're up three games to one. I hate to keep bringing up eighty eight, but how about you guys, Yeah, we lost it, we're in control of that series. Yeah, and Mark McGuire hit a walk off Grand Slam in game four and yeah, you know, you guys came back and one of the World series in game five. It feels similar to that where okay, you got one. Congratulations, but the Dodgers are still one win away from winning the World Series, and that's gonna be a hard locomotive to stop.
Speaker 5: I agree, and you know, like everybody else, Look, I think the fan base has to realize Dodgers still got their big boy pants on. Okay, they're grown men, they're professionals, and this one loss is not going to dictate you know, the professionalism. Uh, and you know the wheel to go out there and craush. So I think it's right up the rally right now.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm with you. I Look, the Dodgers aren't a great spot now. I guess the only question is Freddy Freeman going to hit another home run in the first sitting?
Speaker 4: Right, That's the only question.
Speaker 3: I shout tonight, Dave.
Speaker 1: We appreciate it. It's gonna be a fun afternoon. We'll hear from you later on today. Before first pitch, of course, wronggo because you know, Dodgers on deck. Get started at four o'clock. First pitch from the Galbum Motors broadcast booth at five. Oh wait, enjoy the rest of your day, Dave. I think there he goes David Vase. I think he's a little tired of being in New Yeah. I can hear it in his voice.
Speaker 5: I think he wants to get back with Brad Paisley, get back on that ranch in Cannessee after the World Series victory.
Speaker 1: Only after the World Series. But you know it would be cool. And I'm you know, I'm not even gonna go there. I got criticis I'm out. No, no, no, I can't because if I say something, I'm going to hear it. I heard it when I got home last night. Really, I was like, why did you say what you said? I said, are you talking? It's a three hour show. What part are you talking about? And she said the part that got clipped and put on social media where you said it's O V E r oh. She goes, you realize you can't say that, right, Like I agree with missus Kates. You cannot do that, you know because people if they lose tonight, you know, people are going to get after you. And I said, well, they're up two to nothing. I walked in. It was a two nothing game. Remember I scolded you for that. I know you did. I know you did.
Speaker 3: I tried to interrupt you. You can't say it's.
Speaker 1: Over, I know, and I'm already hearing it from fans on social media, Jackson.
Speaker 3: Makes his exciting we want to hear the inner tim.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I stand by all right, this thing is over. The Dodgers are still gonna win this series. Are you going there again?
Speaker 1: Dodgers are gonna win this series? Well, the series.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But are you saying tonight, because I mean, it's like a quasi hexs you're putting on the team.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say it's over tonight. Not doing that. No, not doing that, because you're right, that's bad bad juju. I guess.
Speaker 5: But but you think you think that, Uh, there's no way they're gonna lose the series. If they're gonna win, that's different than saying it's over tonight.
Speaker 1: I still think they win the series.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's that's fine, that's not a hecks. I think I think they will too.
Speaker 1: Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy Your phone calls Steve's keys coming up as we lead you off to yes. At Game five of the World Series, the Yankees forced a Game five of the win last night. Dodgers look to close it out tonight. First pitch right here on NI seventy five. Oh wait, it's Sax and Kates in the am. Sax and Kates in the am here on a M five se many LA sports with you here until the top of the hour. We'll get to your phone. Calls to just a minute. Steve's keys as he leads up to Game five of the World Series Dodgers and Yankees. Real quick sacks. He just saw this on the USA Today. The two Yankee fans who are ejected last night in Came four for interfering, interfering and grabbing Mookie Betts could be back in their seats down the right field line for tonight's game. According to ESPN and USA Today, the season ticket holder Austin kapol Bianca and his friend John Peter, would be allowed back into the ballpark for Game five. According to them, they were told they would not be not allowed back into the ballpark. The Yankees did not immediately respond to the USA Today for request for comment. After the game last night, Coppo Bianca said he had known he had done something wrong, but seemed to indicate he had no remorse. Quote I patrol that wall and they know that end quote We're not going to go out of our way to attack. If it's in our area, We're gonna d up some of defense. Someone knocked the ball, we talk about it. We're willing to do this. End quote. Okay, these two morons talk about it, plan it out, and it happens to be right in front of them, and they executed exactly what they've always talked about. One grab the player, one grab the ball.
Speaker 5: This is out of This is insane that this happened last night and they could be let back in the ballpark against that ridiculous. Now, let's see what the Yankees do. Let's see the Yankees man up and say no, you're not coming in a ballpark.
Speaker 1: They should.
Speaker 5: The Yankees should be the ones to step up and say we don't allow that kind of behavior in our ballpark. This is a family venue. They come in here, this is the family atmosphere. We don't allow thuggery to be promoted here in the ballpark.
Speaker 1: Out, get out.
Speaker 3: That's what they had to do.
Speaker 1: The player's safety is the thing that's first and foremost in the situation like this, and what you're saying by letting them back in the ballpark for a game five is it's a slap on the wrist. We're okay with what you did. Welcome back with open arms, back to Yankee Stadium. Even though you attack the Dodger player on the field. What are the Yankees gonna promote if they let these two thugs in? Really, what are they promoting? They're gonna have a promotion next year? I guess attack a player night, Yeah, you know, I mean it's embarrassing. I mean, the Dodgers shouldn't have to say anything. They shouldn't have to go to Baseball and say, hey, Rob Manfred Baseball, what are we gonna do about these guys over here at Yankee Stadium? Will you please tell the Yankees and Brian Cashman and the Steinbrenner family to do something about their over the top fans. They should have to do that.
Speaker 5: And you know, it's not representative all the fans. Most of the fans that you probably talked to there are probably pretty cool.
Speaker 3: You know, they get it.
Speaker 5: They got families, they got kids, they get it. You got these two jerks, these two thugs that are down there doing this and they had to be kicked out.
Speaker 3: That's what I think.
Speaker 1: It's embarrassing. What happened last night. Is the fact that they could be let back into the Yankee Stadium to jakalops.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Idiots, absolute idiots. People want to get after Dodger fans. Shame on them. This is this is way over the top and embarrassing for Yankee fans. New York should be embarrassed. Yeah, the fans around them in that section tonight should tell them to get out of there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the fans should stick up for Mookie, and I'll bet you they will.
Speaker 3: You watch. I'm serious.
Speaker 5: You think, well, it's New York. They're all like, No, they're not. They're not all like that, not even close.
Speaker 1: Let's hope not. Eddie and Sam Piedro's been wait in a while. Any thanks for being patient.
Speaker 8: How you doing, Hey, thanks for taking my tom Guys. You know one thing I don't know if I've heard, is when that happened at the at Dodger Stadium at Melee, they stopped the game. The players left the field and they went over the PA and warned the fans. I don't know did they warn the fans at all? Did they stop the game in New York? I don't they just let it go like nothing happened. A lot of the fans there didn't even know what went on.
Speaker 1: No, and they didn't stop it. They didn't stop it any appreciate the phone call. They didn't stop it because play on the field didn't have to be stopped for you know, trash that was maybe thrown on the field of Dodger Stadium whatever, or beach ball sometimes. But it was happening. It happened in the stands as far as the two gentlemen being escorted out like they were, so play continued. But yeah, there should have been something said. Maybe there was. I wasn't inside the Yankee Stadium, but it felt like there should have been just a little bit more done about what had happened.
Speaker 5: What gives them the right in there to pry open a player's glove when he's vulnerable off the ground, take the ball out, and then the other trumperella grabs his arm, and who knows what he's doing, right exactly, you don't know, you don't know what he's got in his hand.
Speaker 1: I mean this exactly.
Speaker 3: This is your grease ball.
Speaker 1: You cannot put hands.
Speaker 5: On a player a player, you have no right to even touch him at all.
Speaker 1: It's embarrassing. The Yankees need to do something, if not Major League Baseball do something about this. This is unacceptable. Manny in Downtown LA. Thanks for being patient, Manny.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, going on, guys. I don't know if you just saw the newest headline they came out of New York post. It says, the city of New York to honor the two students that almost hurt hurt Mookie with the key to the city and the first place tonight. That's kind of what it feels like right now. It kind of feels like New York is kind of grasping that straws, trying to gather some anything they can get to get some type of momentum play, which kind of brings me the Mookie postgame interview. He doesn't want to give anybody anything to feed off. Okay, you've got to be silent, you got to be deny tonight in Game five. These guys who haven't been hating need to show up and just take them out while they're down.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 4: I have zero, zero, zero anxiety. I have one hundred percent confidence in this team. I'm sitting back at the beach drinking a Mike tie in the coconut. I'm feeling really good about tonight Dodgers in five.
Speaker 1: All right, appreciate it many thanks for checking in all right, Saxy game five tonight. You've been spot on with your keys to the game. Obviously, the Dodgers didn't execute what they were needed to do in Game four last night. That's why we're sitting here get ready for game five. What's the key for the Dodger tonight?
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, a team doesn't, you know, fret when you lose a game. They won ninety eight games this year. Okay, the winning this team and all of baseball, no problem where they sit right now. Keys to the game Number one is how Flarity is able to pitch, and if they're able to utilize that bullpen. I almost want them to utilize the bullpen tonight. Flarity can go five or six innings and then just get a real good shutdown by the bullpen. I think those are That's one of the keys. The other key is this is going to be a collective thump tonight. I don't think you're gonna have one guy because it's everybody been doing it. I mean, show hey does it with guys on base. At bottom of the order sets him up. We've seen some great things happen with the executive consecutive times that months he's been on base. I know we struggled a little bit now, but hey, you know what, you got other guys to pick him up there, and you know, Hernandez has been phenomenal at times. I think this is going to be a collective thump tonight for the Dodgers. Look on a bad day, on a bad day, tim they scored four runs. Usually on four runs, you got a good chance to win. But on a bad day they score four runs. This won't have up in two days in a row. No way to give up a bunch of runs. And I bet they score more than four. So I think the Dodgers on a collective thump tonight.
Speaker 1: I hope. So we'll find out either way. Sax and Kate's and the am back tomorrow morning, either celebrating a World Series championship or Saxy. We're getting ready for this series to come back to Dodger Stadium for Game six on Friday. We'll talk tomorrow, Timmy, all right, there he goes Steve Sax. Thanks to Katie, thanks to Michelle, thanks to all you Dodger fans for being a part of the show. Will be back at it tomorrow six am. Colin Cowherd coming up next, Rogan and Rodney at noon, Petro Some Money at two o'clock. Flecks back as we lead up to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Decad four, first pitching the Galput Motors Broadcast booth at five o age song