Speaker 1: Two questions. Number one, are you horny? Number two, do you want to go to a mav game in March. If the answer is yes to either one of those questions, you have a chance to win MAV tickets right now for the March twenty first game against the Detroit Pistons.
Speaker 2: That'll be a Friday night game.
Speaker 1: That'll be a lot of fun, and we will give those tickets to the first person who answers a trivia question I'm about to ask you now.
Speaker 2: You have to have the iHeart app.
Speaker 1: That's that free app that you can use to stream all of our programming podcasts, live programming radio stations all across MRCA. It's a dope app and there's a little talkback feature and if you hit that microphone bam, you can lead these thirty second talkback messages. Well, the first person that tells us their name, their phone number, their email address and can answer which member of this four person show has not had the neurovirus in the last three weeks. If you've been listening, you know, and you can win MAV tickets. Dude. The Pistons are good. They're really fun to watch. They got Caid Cunningham. He has a DFW native, made his first All Star Game this year, and he is badass. Thirty eight points, double digit assist.
Speaker 2: You're gonna give it to you.
Speaker 1: So if you'd like to win those tickets, answer that question and leave your name, phone number, email address, and maybe you're the one to get the magic. We'll talk about what Stephen Jones is saying ahead of the Mini or the Combine this upcoming week, and what the cowboys might be doing next. We'll do that in thirty minutes, little cowboys talk for you. But right now it's time for.
Speaker 2: This juicing your moves. Hot gods, if you live, come stay on top in the shovel movies real quick.
Speaker 1: So last night was the Screen Actors Guild Awards. Last week was the Critics Choice Awards. This Sunday is the Oscars. Let's go so the Critics Choice Awards. Your winner for Best Movie was the movie Anora, which I saw him to you a little about it. A lot of sex in that movie. Let's go the Winter last thing, yes, more uh the uh the actresses. This is Mikey Madison. Okay, I'm looking her out, looking up right now. I'll be quick here. She basically is a stripper and then she to hit it off with I don't know. She's kind of young, so it's tough. Okay, I remember her as a kid in the TV show to look it up, she's an adult, so I should hit click on Mikey Madison nude, uh not on the iHeart WiFi.
Speaker 2: So images she hits it off with this guy.
Speaker 1: He's a Russian Oligark's son who's living in America with daddy's money and just kind of hanging out. So she hits it off with this guy and then he's got to go back to Russia if he doesn't get married. So he's like, will you marry me? And they get married and then, uh, I want to spoil an anora virus a n O r A. I'm gonna tell you the first half of the movie is very good and then it tel spins into a weird, crappy comedy. I don't know, I don't really, I mean, I again, I'm coming at all well through all these movies, going ten should not be nominated.
Speaker 2: Five should be nominated. And you know, Benley that it is it. Oh, she looks to be receiving is has a lot of sex going on. Man, Okay, watch it. It's good. It's a good movie. Dog in this movie, like it's it's such an easy watch. Snoop is not in the movie that I remember.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a it's a very easy movie to watch, unlike The Brutalist, which is tough, you know, to fight through. But it's also I like The Brutalist way more than I like to Nora.
Speaker 2: Really yes, but your.
Speaker 1: Winner Last Night Screen Actors guil Award is a movie called Conclave. I know one person on the planet who has seen Conclave, Christina.
Speaker 2: He lives in my house as Mike's Roy. Oh why did he watch it?
Speaker 1: He just wanted to watch it.
Speaker 2: He's had some time. He had some good time. So with Conclave, it is a story of.
Speaker 1: A it's a book that was written few year but here basically the pope dies. They organize a conclave, which is it's like a committee, all right.
Speaker 2: But it's just we got it. We have to roam things up a little bit, right.
Speaker 1: So, oh wait does this how have Ray Fines? It's get Stanley Tucci, Ray Fines and John Lutkeowt. All right, I've seen clips of this.
Speaker 2: You know, is might put it to me. There's not like explosions and stuff.
Speaker 1: But it's basically the political gossip going on is they're trying to elect a new pope, but they got to fight through who's had scandals, who hasn't had scandals. And I think it's amazing that it won last night, when right now the current pope is in the hospital with kidney failure at the age of eighty eight. I feel like the last thirty years of my adult life has been a constant rotation of a pope going into the hospital. They keep bringing in the oldest guys to be pope, and when you put an old guy in that position, he's gonna have some health issues. We're kind of doing that at president too, though. Well, one of them is strong was an Ox though that's true. That's true. He got shot. I mean he he'd flipped the shooter off and like his fist in the air while blood was shooting out of his number one.
Speaker 2: As an Ox, it made him stronger.
Speaker 1: If that bullet whipped within five yards of Biden, he would have fell over. Oh yeah, the wind, The wind of the bullet knocked Biden over. Meanwhile, it's like Trump's bullet had steroids and he started doing jumping jacks.
Speaker 2: These guys.
Speaker 3: So an eighty eight year old pope with kidney failure, and it's tough at that age because of all the drinking that you have to.
Speaker 2: Do on the job. Yeah, so much wine. Are they allowed to drink?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just say blood of Christ and then they go bottoms up. I know there's some turtles in that movie too, So I don't know. You can figure that out if you will to see conclav or not. I'm debating it because at one and now it's got a chance to win on Sunday Night. So I I do think I've seen the movies that have a chance to win, because here you're updated odds for Sunday Night. I'm thrown off by the turtle comment. Turtles, that's tough, man. I really truly don't know, but there is a turtle situation. It's hard to.
Speaker 2: Understand mean turtle situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're uninformed and you didn't have to bring that part up. You've sidetracked the whole show. Like all I said was that there's some turtles in it, and I moved on. But you don't don't bring that up if you don't expect us to be like wait, what, Well, you don't think there's gonna be like some like very vivid imagery from any of our listeners who go watch Conclave over the next week and they see the turtle part of the movie and they think of the Benning skid show. That's a valuable thing, Listen, that's the power of radio.
Speaker 2: Is this the scene from the movie that's both combined?
Speaker 1: So right now, the one at the least, let's say the tenth, ninth, and eighth would be The Substance Dune Part two and the Nickel Boys.
Speaker 2: Nickel Boys. Is that a real movie?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so funny that it was a real I don't call nic Nickel Boys now, n so, but it does underscore the idea that there is a movie nominated for Best Picture that none of us had heard of or understood what it was. Again, that's the thing, but there's it's why it should be. Five number seven a movie called I'm Still Here. But it's the highest rated on Rotten Tomatoes of all these. That's the one with The Guys six, Amelia pres five, Wicked four, Timothy Shallow may Is, Bob Dylan three, The Brutalist two, Conkave won Anora and I can tell you.
Speaker 2: I just don't think Anora is that good? How's that?
Speaker 3: How's everybody saying it's such a great movie. It just sounds like soft core porn.
Speaker 2: And when you watch it.
Speaker 1: There's you know, there's like some some goon squad stuff going on.
Speaker 2: You know it's good. That's not a good sell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the Russians come in to get the guy and he runs off.
Speaker 2: Does he Jason Bornham or anything exciting? They're kind of soft honestly. Oh no, it's like overweight, washed up Russian. It's weird.
Speaker 1: It's like a very spris It turns into a bad comedy. Am I the only one that has seen a complete unknown?
Speaker 2: Yes? I don't know what that is to get to it?
Speaker 1: Because Timothy Shall I think he's showing Timothy Shalmaloon. I don't think he is. He shouldn't be well. I see it first. Adrian Brody's great and The Brutalist. Oh okay, now he is hurt by the controversy that two minutes of dialogue in his movie is ai because you will notice when you watch the three hours and thirty five minutes of The Brutalist that his Hungarian accent does come in and out.
Speaker 2: It's a little over the math.
Speaker 1: I think that he won't win because they know his acceptance speech is a beat down.
Speaker 2: Maybe and Timothy's will be good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Timothy shallow May wins for Best Actor at the Screen Actors Guild Awards.
Speaker 2: Has this big speech. He's like, I want to be one of the greats. I know it's a weird thing to say, I want to win awards. I want to be one of the greats.
Speaker 1: And everyone's like, God, I love this kid, even though he's not really a kid anymore.
Speaker 2: You know, how old is he? Twenty five? I don't know when is that streaming? That's we want to watch that movie where eight.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed it so much I would go see it in the theater this weekend. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So there you go. There's your updates on that. Good job, Kevin. That's pretty good. That was really good. Yeah, I was confused.
Speaker 1: We get more into that coming up in some shows that we do in June. Shane Gillis is your next host of Saturday Not Live. That will be this Saturday.
Speaker 2: Guaranteed to be good? Is he?
Speaker 1: Is he coming in concert or he recently came? He recently came okay, but he could come again if he wanted to. Oh, or a beast.
Speaker 2: Remember Ben went to the show? Yep, yep.
Speaker 1: I couldn't remember if it was that or it was the guy that. Uh who's the other guy there? Yeah, I thought it might be him. He's coming. I'm going to that too, Okay. Yeah, both guys just selling out arenas. Yeah, those are huge. So Shane Gillis on his podcast is discussing Quentin Tarantino.
Speaker 2: I don't play this audio for you.
Speaker 4: I just watched a clip on the Internet of Quentin Tarantino talking about Django. It's why he code switches hard as on BT and he code switched harder than anyone you've ever seen in life in a bad like He's got to do at code switching.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'd never heard of the term code switching, had you, guys? No, Nope, So I looked at up. Code switching is when someone changes languages, dialects, accents, or tones of voice in the middle of a conversation or situation. And it could go either way. It can be somebody doing it in a real fraudulent like what are you doing? Or it could be in a terrible situation where somebody's just trying to move up in a corporation, so they have to act a certain way to try to survive in their job, right, and so it could be many different things, but it's basically like putting on a mask and being something that you need to.
Speaker 2: Get what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Now that you explained it, man, you understand now when I said it with my words, you just went back to all and he didn't you shoot?
Speaker 2: All right, keep going. He's not good at ease. He's like, so damn, my man, Jamie came through. Yeah, well, crew, why do you do that live movie?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: Jamie? My man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, goes the BET Awards comes back with Rick Ross, Rick.
Speaker 2: Ross and the whole posse. We all got contact high on the set that day.
Speaker 4: It's like totally apparently he just does that. Though I like him and he's the man, but that's wild. Yeah, dude, it's funny when dude's code switch that do like a very offensive black accents the switch.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm not that computer savvy, So if he has sent me something that I plug into my cutepewter, I don't know if I would.
Speaker 2: Have ever heard it. All right, hey, download this, I don't know how to do that. That is that's Quentin Tarantino. Dude, it's really weird. What on earth is happening?
Speaker 1: So I saw some commentary about this, and I have seen people say this before, that like he doesn't know any better because he's on the spectrum.
Speaker 2: Oh now, I don't know if that's accurate or not. I just choosing that to get out of everything. Now.
Speaker 1: I've been telling everyone I'm on the spectrum to wash away all my pastings. It's smart, Yeah, it's smart in these these days and times. God, that's uncomfortable though, right, It's very uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: And you see it too. Yeah, he's crazy, you know what?
Speaker 1: Though he works with certain people that it's like Samuel L. Jackson expects that out of him and is fine with it. There was a huge controversy. Uh, go and check your email, kid. There was a huge controversy. And I'm trying to remember what movie it will Oh, I think it was Pulp Fixture Maybe is after that where there was a bunch of N bombs in his movie And I think it was Spike Lee that was calling him out and Samuel L.
Speaker 2: Jackson came to his defense. Samuel L.
Speaker 1: Jackson works a lot with Spike Lee, and he works a lot with Quentin Tarantino, and he's like, man, people can say everything they want, but like, I hang around black people that talk like this, So I don't know why we're acting like they don't. And people are just mad because it's a white guy that wrote the dialogue. And Samuel Jackson's like, what happen it? And so he's a unique dude.
Speaker 2: But that sounds outrageous to me a bit. Yes, you should watch the video too, because Samuel L.
Speaker 3: Jackson is there, I think, and he's just got this look on his face where he's not making it as like what like, uh, I'm gonna push away from this.
Speaker 2: All right, There you have it.
Speaker 3: There's the Hollywood Shuffle coming up next, and around the sports, a massive game that impacts the Metroplex tomorrow Tomorrow night, as the MAVs go to La.
Speaker 2: To play Luca and the Lakers. We'll discuss next