Speaker 1: All right, we are broadcasting live on Preston Hatway at Southern Comfort.
Speaker 2: Hot tubs. Come on by.
Speaker 1: This is the time to get the hot tubs. Dwight says, sixty five dollars a month.
Speaker 2: I don't believe them.
Speaker 3: Well, then you're stupid. Hey, listen, hot tubs, hot tubs as low as sixty five dollars a month. It's the President's Day sale, folks. It ends tomorrow, So get out here today or tomorrow. Hot tubs up to fifty percent off. They got the hot tub furniture, they got outdoor furniture, they got massage chairs, they have correction officer. No, no, no, they're not for sale.
Speaker 1: Do they have hot tubs named the Lincoln or the Washington or the the Taft No, oh, the Clinton would be a very popular That would be a very popular hot tub.
Speaker 3: Oh baby, oh, it's it's not too hot. Get in here, Get in here. Hey. Before we get in the next second, I want to say happy birthday to friend of the show and dear friend of mine, Lane Gulay. Lane Gulay, the Vietnam veteran that.
Speaker 2: We did the honor flights with.
Speaker 3: I was on the honor flight. He was not Actually I was actually parted with him, but he and I just hit it off and we wound up getting into a lot of trouble together.
Speaker 1: Lane Goolay and I did shocking Yeah. And to answer your question, yes, what he's related.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he is related to the singer. Yeah, yeah, Marvin Gulay. No, it's not happy birthday, Lane Gulay. And sorry Jeff Tolki for all the trouble that we gave you. Uh, let's let's shift gears and get serious for a minute. Let's do some good for the neighborhood because we've got a hero family that we need to take care of. I'm talking about correction Officer Michael Weddah. We lost him recently, so I go to Chief Collins. Chief, talk about Michael for a minute and how much he met to you all corrections.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's Michael's a great story. You know, he's he immigrated here from Liberia and recently brought his family over. He graduated just in November from our from our academy, and unfortunately he was a victim of oahamicide this this past Sunday, and we really want to just get out and really take care of his family.
Speaker 1: So but this is an example of a person that did it the right way. He immigrated the way you're supposed to when you come to America. He got his citizenship, he got in with the corrections office. Tell me what kind of corrections officer he was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a great corrections officer. He actually got a citizenship in twenty two and then went to U of L and got a degree in choral justice. So it's it's so unfortunate. You really can't make sense of a senseless act. But what we can do is honor him, take care of our folks down at to jail, and especially take care of his family.
Speaker 1: Because part of this that makes it even sadder. Obviously he's lost his life, and I'm hoping he got some leads on this guy or girl whoever murdered Michael.
Speaker 5: But he just got his wife and son to the America, to America.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, it's he has some extended family here also. So it's you know, it's just a sad tale. You really can't make sense of it.
Speaker 2: Chief. I could see that you're emotional about.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I've known you a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's you know, it's tragic, you know, you you we've been we have a liaison actually another officer that's from lib area, you know, with the family every day. We're trying to get them through the process of the funeral and benefits, and we really want to focus on not only taking care of them right now, but post event really making sure, you know, they're okay. So it's been it's been a challenging week for us, but we've had a lot of people step up for us. I do want to thank Chief Humphrey with LMPD. Yeah, Brad Seburia with ab See cheap on Mail with l FD, all the local Jills, Old One, Bullet Hard and Fayette, They've all I've reached out and helped us and and and help us get through this and and supported us. So I'm here with our corrections as FLP president. We unfortunate, you know, fortunately, we just recently started a foundation for corrections similar to police have on a police foundation. You know, we we didn't think we'd be using it this this past but yeah, one of our lieutenant Jason Hill, really did the yeoman's work on that. Yeah, Derek Carell, I'm sorry, Derek Hill. And they've been working tirelessly to get something so I want President Lederick to speak about some of the things. We'll have more things going on, but we have some fundraisers going on right now, and we've sent you the link for that. You can donate directly. But we also have some fundraisers going on yes.
Speaker 6: So, as Chief mentioned, a team of Corrections employees in conjunction with FLP Lodge seventy seven and l m DC senior staff, recently created that foundation and they're already working tirelessly for fundraising for for Michael. Some of those fundraisers, we we host a Bingo every Thursday night at Bingo City, Breckinridge.
Speaker 3: We have a seven.
Speaker 6: Thirty session in a midnight session uh next week February twenty seven. The proceeds for both sessions are going to go to his Nice Wow Nice Roosters Dixie Highway. They're going to have an event on March fourth, from six to nine.
Speaker 3: It's buffet style.
Speaker 6: Adults are seventeen eight dollars of each PLU. Each sale goes to Michael's family on Dixie.
Speaker 3: It's where Bacon's used to Oh, okay, got you as soon as you get as soon as you get off the exit right there.
Speaker 2: Used to be like a trampoline place.
Speaker 3: Yeah there, it's still there.
Speaker 2: Oh still, it's around the corner.
Speaker 3: It's right down the street from Shively Records.
Speaker 2: That's not true.
Speaker 3: Actually it was.
Speaker 2: It was. It's gone ye yeah.
Speaker 6: But with with that being said, we're going to try to do a rooster's tour throughout the Lotisville area nice uh Dixie Highways kicking it off. We're going to see about if the other roosters can can join in. One of the bigger events we're working on is we're working with Top Golf. We're going to uh do a Top Golf event. We're gonna have nine bays uh in just fellowship supporting Michael's family. All proceeds are going to go to his family. We are looking for sponsors for the golf bays. It's a four hundred dollars sponsorship per bay. Those are filling up. I think we've got nine total bays and we're accepting uh items to be raffled off at that at that event too. Top Golf is going to give us a room to hold any type of raffle or fundraising we want to use. In addition to the bays, you can get with any of us on that.
Speaker 3: And if you're a bourbon collector out there, or maybe just a corporate citizen and you're thinking, hey, you know I need to do some good for the neighborhood. Now it's the perfect time. How can people get in touch with you all at seventy seven or with you chief with these items, because there could be people out there that could have they could have a top shelf bourbon that could maybe be donated. And there's other corporate citizens out there. If you have a business, boy, let me tell you you can really do some good with your product or services. Right now, what's the best way you get in touch with Lodge seventy seven.
Speaker 6: Lodge seventy seven, I can put my phone number out there. Chiefs easy to contact. We've got some cards here too.
Speaker 5: So yes, let's talk about corrections real quick.
Speaker 1: Dwight and I have we're lucky enough to do the show down with you a couple of years ago, and we did the entire our entire radio show down there, not once, but twice.
Speaker 5: They booked us. You guys booked this. We went through the entire process.
Speaker 3: I'll requested it in cavity shirts, but you do not have that.
Speaker 2: That's exactly whatever. We don't need that.
Speaker 3: We don't need that.
Speaker 1: But it was very eye opening for me because there was a lot of details that you don't know. You can't say it, but I will. It's a thankless job and it's almost unwinnable for what Corrections has to put up with every single day. It's like the mail, it doesn't stop, it just keeps coming and coming, and there are no letups. You all are the largest drug intake in the state. That is insane to me. Those numbers are insane to me. People that get locked up and you're and that are in your charge the only time they've ever seen a doctor. That's where I was going is with you fascinating. I think you guys do the best damn job you can. You're always outmanned. And talk about that camaraderie, especially with this situation and what you how you all are battling that every single day because the door never shuts and locks, it's there's always a flow in to see you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's so important to realize these folks, just like Michael, they spend you know, sixteen hours a day together and they're dealing with traumatic situations. You know, nobody wants to be in jail. We're dealing with with you know, forty of our population has some type of mental health issue. You know, we're the largest detox facility in the in the state. Obviously medically fragile people, and we got some really dangerous folks. So you know, they really bond really quick. And it's a family. You know, it's a brotherhood. We're dysfunctional half the time, but when we come together, you know, it's it's you don't mess.
Speaker 2: With our brothers.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, but don't eat the food.
Speaker 4: No, I think the food's great.
Speaker 3: I've had I've had the food. I've had the food.
Speaker 2: You eat the food.
Speaker 3: There's only one thing picture of it. By the way, there's only one part of it. I didn't care.
Speaker 2: But for a week.
Speaker 3: Let's let's get back on track though. Let's do some good for the neighborhood. Let's help out the family of Michael Wetta, recently murdered Corrections officer chief. What's the best way for people that want to donate Right now, I'm going to share the link again the Major Collins. I reached out to him, and Major Collins, Major Logston reached out to him. He gave me a link I shared on my page. I will reshare that as well. But can they call corrections in general or they can they call FOP Lodge? Is that better? Yeah? We are.
Speaker 4: We're funneling everything through our foundation in the link through the FOP, so we can keep everything central, but also you can support these events and we'll put more out. The first one, obviously is March fourth, six to nine pm at Roosters. That's going to be a buffet style.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Make sure you guys get me these because we'll push these out on the air as we get there because we're we need all these events, but we won't be drinking from a water hose.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the the Bingo at at Bingo City Break Ridge. That's that's sponsored by the OPE. Both sessions one hundred percent generally that's around ten thousand dollars. We'd like to everybody come out. My wife is a bingo person, so so we'll be out there next week on February twenty seventh. And you know, that's a huge that's going that's that's a huge thing for the family, and I really do want to focus that, Hey, this is this is tragic, but we need to take care of the family not only through this but going forward.
Speaker 2: So this is a great way to do it all.
Speaker 3: Oh, by the way, thank you to Chuck Weaver. He just stopped by and gave us a bottle of bourbon. You can do that too if you If you have a rare bottle of bourbon or anything you would like to donate, please do. There's gonna be an auction, uh for the family of Michael Waday.
Speaker 5: And by the way, are they close to fighting or where we at on the investigation?
Speaker 3: Do you even know? Well? Ongoing?
Speaker 4: I just want to think L and PD, Like I said, Chief Humphrey, Lieutenants Skaggs with homicide and and the lead investigator Snyder. I really can't comment on that, but I have complete faith that in those guys and that they'll they'll bring the person to correction.
Speaker 3: Is f OP seventy seven Lodge President Roger Lederick, Is that right? Good to see you, Chief Colins, Good to see you Major Logs, and always good to see you my friends.
Speaker 2: Guys, they walked in here.
Speaker 3: Look, I want to reach I want to reshare the link on my page, but you can get in touch with corrections. F O P seventy seven Lodge.
Speaker 1: Let's uh wrap it up and Saucertas folks, you want to stop on by. Sauceritas in three locations and New Ones and Shepherdsville, Saint Matthews and of course in Middletown, so stop on by.
Speaker 2: A couple of them have drive through.
Speaker 1: So if you want to get some Saucertas today, download the Sauceritas app. It's National Chip Day or Tortilla Day on Monday. Oh, National Totilla Day.
Speaker 2: All right, that's much tortilla. The biggle they guy, don't be a guy going guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I think with my meal are heavy?
Speaker 1: Uh Salceritas dot com. Please go on by there today or just download the app and order it up. Back after this Live on the Road on Preston Highway on News Radio eight forty.
Speaker 2: Oh me too, all right, welcome back.
Speaker 1: Southern Comfort Hot Tub is where we are. Come on buy and price out some hot tubs. Dwight's got one. The lady that came in there. It works at some of the projects in Frankfurt. She bought one from Southern Comfort Hotub.
Speaker 3: That's right. And we have Dusty Bow coming up at the bottom of the hour. Musician Dusty Bow. He's got a new single coming out, new record coming out.
Speaker 2: He's gonna he's here, he's gonna help us.
Speaker 3: Right, he's gonna help us on realing and he's gonna help us or Dragons Dragon the anchor. Yeah, a lot of pressure being a rock and roll guy. Okay, that's all right. Here we go reeling in the years, Dave, what year is this?
Speaker 7: These were all top twenty hits back in the day, including some Antha Fox.
Speaker 2: I want to have some fun.
Speaker 3: Eighty man not maybe nine or ninety maybe?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Was she a porn star?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Samantha Fox?
Speaker 2: Was she what popped in my head?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: She was?
Speaker 2: I think she was?
Speaker 7: And she?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, pop singer.
Speaker 3: Boys got that early nineties field I was.
Speaker 2: I'd say ninety one he Jackson, Yeah, that's it right, Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, Dusty, I like to make sweetsweet love to this song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a terrible song love making? What a terrible song? Please move on? Please move on?
Speaker 3: Hey, d all right, Dave, Hey, do you have the extra long extended remix?
Speaker 2: I probably do awesome.
Speaker 7: Then get into Dusty's time though you don't want that, all right, Samantha Fox. This next song I went to number one It was not initially released. Some DJ found it and said, hey, that's a pretty good song, and then it went to number one.
Speaker 3: When I'm with you, Sheriff, what I have no idea, no help at all in this one.
Speaker 2: Definitely nineties, you'll recognize it.
Speaker 3: Here we go. I don't Oh my gosh, it's the old ballad type.
Speaker 2: Oh is this eighty This might be late eighties.
Speaker 1: It could be remember that weird eighty seven eighty eight rock ballads that.
Speaker 2: Were just not very good. Yeah, but that I don't know that.
Speaker 5: That keyboard's got that yeah cheap casey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, here you go. I don't know that the vote, here's the hook.
Speaker 3: Yep, here we go. Here's the chorus, Here.
Speaker 2: We go, Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, that's when Brandy's getting worse.
Speaker 3: Dang.
Speaker 1: I saw the making of Bad and they said the music that they played in there was the only reason they chose that stuff, because that those artists were cheap. Really is everyone else that the songs they wanted. The songs they wanted were like two hundred thousand used it in the movie, and they're like, no.
Speaker 7: We're not paying that thing all right, Here we go, here you go Mike and the Mechanics the Living Years.
Speaker 3: It's eighty seven, no Carrick single. No, it's eighty seven, eighty eight, it's eighty eight at the earliest.
Speaker 2: Sounds like the Scarface score. Yeah, no, not anywhere.
Speaker 3: Oh I got a question.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Was Mike and the Mechanics doing side projects while Genesis was still was still in existence. Yeah, it's eighty seven or eighty.
Speaker 2: Eight, eight or eighty nine. It's either eighty eight or eighty nine.
Speaker 5: I know that.
Speaker 1: I know that radio played this song a million times. It was a huge hit, and it was probably in about a half a dozen movies.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking eighty eight. I like eighty eight. Is it too early?
Speaker 3: No, I'm thinking eighty seven. Eight.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, yeah, that's not I would go with eighty seven or eight. Yeah, said that what I am and where I am and what you are?
Speaker 3: Hate this lady Edy Brikeel Bhmian. Is that right?
Speaker 5: Dave?
Speaker 2: Indeed?
Speaker 3: Too many things? And know what I know if you know what I mean, for not us, it.
Speaker 2: Is eighty nine.
Speaker 3: I might be, it might be nine, eighty nine, it might be ninety.
Speaker 2: Man, this is eighty nine. Bro, Who did she marry she married?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: Really did Paul Simon get her to Simon?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Married Simon?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, let me marry her.
Speaker 5: Edie Brickell, it's eighty nine. She's got Harry armpitch cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got cute. She was kind of cute.
Speaker 3: She's Harry, got Harry.
Speaker 2: You don't know that Harry and she alive.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what else?
Speaker 2: Stop a green.
Speaker 3: You don't insatiable in the sack too?
Speaker 7: Bonjo born to be my baby eighty nine?
Speaker 3: I can't. I'm not a bon Jobe fan. Really no, I never have.
Speaker 2: Okay, everybody was.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't. Me and Chuck Weaver weren't.
Speaker 2: This is this is a just I'm gonna say. Ninety two man, I'm I'm still in the air. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But what bad Madas was in nineteen eighty nine? I know? But but how many shingles came out?
Speaker 2: And see what what was? It was? This was a formula song. Ninety four was the better Roses? Right? Or because that was a almost almost no?
Speaker 5: Uh, Blades Blades of Glory was like ninety two?
Speaker 2: Was it? Yeah? Okay?
Speaker 8: Because because I thought it was from the same time Havana did. Never mind that earlier. It was earlier, bros.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, edieber Kills, the one That's Got Me, Got Me eighty nine, The Bull to Baby. This is a bon Jovi just formula song.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: It's just they have a formula that's writing a song that it fits this sure.
Speaker 3: I interviewed, Uh.
Speaker 2: Was that John by Joe Bob Dylan doing John.
Speaker 3: As my bad Tony Venedi We interviewed by Joby. He's about four foot three still and he wears more hairspray than all the mandre sssound.
Speaker 5: He's better looking than you can ever imagine.
Speaker 2: Because it hits the man.
Speaker 3: His handler said, do not like chicken. It's around him. I go give us and the number one song straight up. Paula ab do eighty nine. I say nine, it's nineteen eighty, nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 2: It's not. It's done.
Speaker 3: We got it. Whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 2: This could be ninety. No, it's not. It's eighty nine when it charted, Oh you love me, February.
Speaker 3: I know February.
Speaker 2: I say, it's eighty nine. It's your call. No, no, what's making his No?
Speaker 5: No, no, let's go ninety okay, go nineteen ninety ninety, let's go ninety.
Speaker 3: Babies like that.
Speaker 2: I feel it's eighty nine, but he says ninety. Let's go.
Speaker 5: Paul I.
Speaker 7: Straight up was number one February the twenty first, nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 1: But it's a good call because it's February. You don't know when it comes around the year, damn it. We were sorry, yeah, good, try right there, right there?
Speaker 2: What about the other ones?
Speaker 3: Hey stick around news on the way and then the brand news single from Dusty Bow you.
Speaker 1: Want to Unlimited Landscapes go by and see my boys in Middletown. I've known Steve Butler for thirty something years, very long time. He's done a fantastic job with his business and basically he started with landscaping, then moved into you know, concrete and doing all that, and then pool installations about twenty years ago. And he has the best architects and designers.
Speaker 3: I had.
Speaker 2: I had a dream with Dave Jennings in it last night. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he Dave said he was gonna design the Unlimited Landscapes pool for me, and he was ridiculous, right, And I think it's had something to do with my face and tiles at the bottom but I was like, David, I don't think it's gonna work.
Speaker 5: So I said, let's let's let Unlimited.
Speaker 1: Landscapes dot Com take care of the business, all right, So get a pool. I know it doesn't feel like pool weather out there now, but if you start the process right now.
Speaker 2: Then you're rolling in the summer.
Speaker 1: Unlimited Landscapes located in middle to back after this on news Radio eight forty WHA is.
Speaker 3: News Radio eight forty w h A s. That's the new single from Dusty Bowl name the singles Trouble, name of the album is gonna be V eight. That's not out until July. Hey, Dusty, how you doing?
Speaker 2: Man? It's good. Thanks for having me, looking.
Speaker 3: Good, sounding, good new single. Got a going back out on the road this summer for several months. Indeed, Uh, okay, let's talk about this new record. How long did it take you to get it? Let's talk about Trouble. Uh kind of resonates with me a little bit. I keep my bibble with my booze, but let's talk about that. What inspired you on this single?
Speaker 8: Trouble just kind of what I was going through, you know, just just trouble, kicking the vices and also just staying out of trouble. Trouble, staying out of trouble, you know, just kind of keeping it together as much as I could. I was, you know, going through some stuff and then you know, you have different ways of dealing with it. But this was really helpful too, because it was just kind of like writing it down, getting it out of me, and not like consuming other things.
Speaker 2: Because sometimes you don't want to stop getting in trouble. Yeah, sometimes it's fine.
Speaker 5: That's the reality of it, totally right, saying you know what, this is who I am.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna do it, totally right.
Speaker 3: It is it easier to not fall pitfalls here? You've moved here and based out of by the White Louisville was a huge hotbed from original music, yeah, in the nineties, but you know you were part of that La scene and sunset for a real long time. Man, is it is it more difficult to stay out of trouble being the part of that Hollywood scene?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, there's a lot of things. It's Yeah, it's tough no matter where you are coming up or making it.
Speaker 2: That's one of the reasons I left, Yeah, one of the reasons I moved.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because it was just so it was everywhere, you know, and it was and it was not all bad stuff, but it was just like there's so much at that time before the pandemic, there was so much going on.
Speaker 3: All the time.
Speaker 8: You know, so shows or parties or just get together as their friends hangs whatever, and you know, there's just so much to do there.
Speaker 1: You know, that town is chewed up really smart talented people. Yeah, I mean, I don't know how many some of the greatest artists of all time will go I made no money for five albums, you know, I mean, or I got chewed up and I and they they took advantage of this. I think the I think the interesting part of trying to go out to LA and make it is you can't trust anybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then what is a good deal.
Speaker 1: If it's too good to be true, it's probably not total probably right, and that Yeah, we had.
Speaker 8: Some experience with that too, like that, you know, the quintessential like almost famous, like almost make it with the band thing where we had we just got involved with some people that had a lot of money, but also just they didn't they didn't have a lot of morals, we'll say they yeah, yeah, but it's it's really tough out there's places like LA and Nashville, especially because there's so many musicians to where it's like people that will just take fifty bucks for a gigg, we'll pay for free, you know what I mean, to where it's like it's tough to make a living, like almost everybody in those cities, not Nashville per se, but you know New York, LA. A lot of those people, even playing major clubs and stuff, they still have day jobs, which is nothing wrong with but I'm saying it's like, as far as just having playing music is a full time job, it's tough to do in those bigger cities for sure.
Speaker 3: When it comes to be a musician. Is the Internet a double edged sword? Here's what I mean. It leveled the playing field because now you know, artists can put their stuff out there, it can go viral. That would be a great success. But at the same time, we had Joe Elliott on from def Leopard, oh yeah, and I was talking to him and he said, look, nobody lines up to buy def Leppard albums anymore, right, you got to make all your money and touring. My point is you get the music for free. Anymore. Yeah, it's gotta be tough on an artist out there, record deal or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is for sure.
Speaker 8: And it is a double such sword because like, yeah, you can get your stuff out there a lot easier. But like when you know you have people if you're just you could you don't have to be that great of a songwriter musician anymore. You could just be really good at making content, right, and then you had develop a following and then all these venues or people want to book you, or labels will want to sign you, you know, just because you have a huge following. You don't even have to be good at the music anymore. There's a lot of people that are great at both, you know. So it's which is kind of the thing, but it's one of those things where you know, people like me and millions of other musicians you have to kind of make a shift to where like you're not just focusing on the craft anymore. A lot of it's marketing yourself and promoting and you know, trying, you know, following these trends and stuff, which I don't really like to do, you know, I kind of like to do my own thing, which but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is the double stuff it's thing with comedy.
Speaker 3: I look, I mean, I mean, I'm huge in the comedy scene. Love, and so I was had a meeting with comedy club here in Louisville. Won't name them the bunk now, okay, but I said, well, who you have coming up? And they you know, I saw one or two comedians that new and that. I said, well, who are these people? And they said, oh, they're big on TikTok, right, and those they're big on tick.
Speaker 2: You're not the demo anymore.
Speaker 3: No, but still, I mean, just because you're big on TikTok doesn't mean you're gonna do well.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you're correct. But all those stores, all those guys now are are huge. Yeah, they're huge. They have millions of followers. And because we're a fifty I'm fifty six year.
Speaker 3: Seventy nine, you know.
Speaker 5: But nostalgia wise, look, how old are you?
Speaker 2: Thirty eight? Okay?
Speaker 5: So did you miss the go to the record store?
Speaker 2: Oh no, okay, all right, okay, all right, I used to buy at okay, so I.
Speaker 1: Yes, And everybody's nostalgic and and we want to I miss going the record store, spending hours there and flipping through albums and then finding, you know, bid in the cassette or the CD or whatever, which I do, but I also enjoy that I have.
Speaker 2: This thing in my locket. Then I go so there's a song in a movie and I go boop. I'm like, what's this song? Totally? And then they goes and then I downloaded.
Speaker 3: We're just sharing it.
Speaker 2: With a friend.
Speaker 8: You can just hey, check out this new song. Yeah, it's just heard it. Yeah, we can instantly shoot it. So I'm consuming more.
Speaker 1: Music than I ever have before in my life, but I'm spending a tenth of what I've spent in.
Speaker 2: My life, right yeah? Does that makes sense for sure?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, because I mean that's what Spotify for Apple.
Speaker 8: It's like eleven or twelve bucks a month and you literally have access to every song that's ever been ever recorded.
Speaker 2: Which is it's can be crazy. I'm guilty of it. It's crazy, you know, it's fun.
Speaker 3: It's funny. The band Breckenridge, we're friends with them, and boy did they because.
Speaker 8: He became who became heaven Hill Yeah yeah, yeah, okay, yeah Eagles, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he liked them, he liked him. So he goes to Son and he says, look here here's the thing. Here's what we're gonna do. Your album is going to be released not on CDs but digitally. And they said, oh, kind of which craft is this?
Speaker 2: They walked away.
Speaker 3: They walked away from it and let's listen.
Speaker 2: They're listening now with their lives. Is one of the most talented guys, ripping guitar players.
Speaker 3: So the new record, the new record comes out in uh in July. Recorded in Nashville. You went down there and used the studios, but you got a lot of success. Man, you played south By Southwest. That's a big deal.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was cool. That kind of happened last minute too. Didn't want to do that for a while. Uh not, not really, to be honest, because you know, it's just kind of after being doing doing the bar gig stuff. Like anytime I can get in front of a room where people are actually listening excites me.
Speaker 3: You know, it's got to make you feel good. The Gibson Guitars reaches out to you and they say, look, we want to endorse you. We want you excl exclusively our Gibs and Guitars, big name. What that makes you. That's gotta make you feel crazy.
Speaker 8: It's the coolest thing. That's one of the coolest thing that's ever happened to me. Like, I've been playing guitars since I was seven, so like being you know, getting landing that with huge you can pay your rent huh And you can pay your rent?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean it takes a little. They're not they're not paying. They're not paying giving me guitar. I'm sorry, Okay, I thought they respond, that's no, that's that's the ultimate.
Speaker 3: Right, Hey, Frank Gibson, can you send me no let's Paul accidentally put that one on Craig's list.
Speaker 2: So tell people what's your music? What is the genre?
Speaker 8: I call it alternative Southern rock because it kind of goes, it goes, you know, there's some stuff that's that's heavy, there's some stuff that's, you know, just bluesy rock and roll, and then there's some stuff that's like outlaw country even singer songwriter kind of goes all over the all over the board. But it's it's rootsy, it's you know, it's it's definitely you know, Southern based music.
Speaker 1: Who's the weirdest person you listen to that you like, who's the weirdest artist or like that. I can't believe you listen to that?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Interesting? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I think about that all right. Weirdest, Are you a fan of I like of who very Man? Not really.
Speaker 8: I like Frankie Frankie Valley though, That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: You like all kinds of stuff. Yeah, yeah, you know a lot of instruments that I'm into it.
Speaker 3: You know, you know who introduced Frankie Valley and look this up to the rest of the band. Joe Pesci really yeah, absolutely, Jersey Boys, absolutely right, yeah, okay, it was Joe Pescie. Joe Pesci was friends with Frankie Valley. He introduced him to.
Speaker 2: The other guys, of course he did. I had no idea, all right.
Speaker 3: So all right, So going back out on the roads, city after city after city, starting in July. In the meantime, just like comics, you go and you play rooms, you work out your stuff. Totally. You can do any of that in town, yeah, okay.
Speaker 8: March seventh and playing a solo set up the Monarch Music and Arts Community, which is a great spot Old Bear knows on Art Road. Yeah yeah, yeah, awesome venue. Definitely check that out. And then March fourteenth. I'm at Girstal's. That's full band and we're playing with Turn three.
Speaker 3: They're Sean Kennedy. Yeah. I hope that you guessed on that record.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I think it's gonna be their first single off their album Fall from Grace.
Speaker 5: Great tune, Yeah, audience, he's one of the coolest dudes of Yeah.
Speaker 2: Awesome man, all head guys, shout out. Turn what's your percional life?
Speaker 3: You married?
Speaker 2: No, no kids?
Speaker 5: Okay, live with my brother, right, single, bachelor and.
Speaker 1: Cause that's interesting to me because you know, I'm go, my daughter's now twenty or whatever, so you start thinking about that.
Speaker 2: So, you know, we grew up with.
Speaker 1: Musicians and all that, and we're radio people, which is the worst to introduce your dad, you know, to your dad too. So I'm thinking when you're dating, So, what's this boy do? Right, he's a he's a musician.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's always there's.
Speaker 2: Always there's always the follow up question. Okay, so what's he do for a job.
Speaker 5: It's always like, musician for work has to make money, Like.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, listen, I gotta tell you, contrary to what you hear on the radio, there is actually good rock and roll out. There's a good country, there's good music. You gotta dig for it. I want you to dig in and look for Dusty Bow. I think you're gonna enjoin him. Happened to be one of my favorite actstasy. Uh, Dusty, proud of you man, Thank you. Well, don't this stuff going on with you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Somebody text me. I have no idea what it is. It says, tell Dusty. He wasn't even born yet for that year, So.
Speaker 3: I know who that is. Dusty d d U s t y bo beat. Oh, look him up. I think you're gonna like him. Dusty. Good to see you meg.
Speaker 2: Much so that do we have the nug the nug?
Speaker 3: I love the nug You're gonna love the nug.
Speaker 2: What's dound to love about the nug?
Speaker 3: Hey join next Saturday. The only thing that sucks about a Fat Tuesday is that Wednesday morning it's miserable. Thank you, golden nugget. We are gonna shove a Fat Tuesday down on Saturday nights throw and I'm talking about it in a big way. We're gonna have gumbo John Balia, We're gonna have all of the Mardi Grock gear going on right there at the Golden Nugget Saturday, March first, plus I'm gonna be inventing a number one, the Quila Hurricane. It's gonna be a lot of fun. The best part you don't have to get up and go to work Wednesday morning. Always something going on with the Golden Nugget. Wednesday's karaoke, Thursday's music Bingo, Friday and Saturdays live music. Get down the Golden Nugget. I'll see at the nug I love the nug Stick around more. On the way from sell the Covered hot Top seventy five oh one Preston Highway