Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI A M six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. We got some unhinged mail that I'm not even gonna.
Speaker 2: Hour on the air. Yes, you know how radio works, right, we do a show here, Darren the red light, Yes, you point the red light.
Speaker 1: Jesus, Mary and Joseph. Don't worry, it's not like he sells advertising. Oh we got our calendar, our bird calendar from autumn. I love our bird calendar.
Speaker 2: That is a very well put together oka.
Speaker 1: At the western meadow lark as January's bird. It's a member of the blackbird family, flashes a vibrant yellow breast crossed by a distinctive black V shaped band. Or a fun fact about the western meadow lark, because there's one right here. They stick their closed bills into the ground and then open them while they're.
Speaker 2: Stuck in the dirt like a like a your posthold digger.
Speaker 1: Sure. This is to reach insects that other birds can't get to. This is called gaping. Do you want to know what a group of meadow larks is called?
Speaker 2: A lemon? A podka? A couple stories that we are following. The FBI now says that that pickup truck driver that drove through New Orleans Bourbon Street acted alone. Officials said yesterday that they were looking for some additional suspects in an attack that's being investigated as an attack of an active terrorism but the Deputy Assistant Director of the counter Terrorism Division said evidence now shows that this guy acted alone. There weren't other people who planted explosive devices that apparently he did it by himself, went changed clothes and then got into the truck and plowed through the crowd. Law enforcement also said that the person who died in the explosion of that Tesla cyber truck packed with explosives and fireworks outside of Las Vegas hotel was an active duty Army soldier. Officials told the AP that they had identified him as Matthew Levelsberger. The official spoke to the AP on the condition of anonymity. Apparently they have been searching his residence and other properties, apparently in Colorado.
Speaker 1: Patrick Mahomes was not selected to the Pro Bowl. This is for the first time since becoming the quarterback starting quarterback in Kansas City in a second season. He is a three time Super Bowl MVP, six time Pro Bowl pick was not among the five chiefs chosen. Travis Kelcey made it for the tenth time. However, are people just mad at at Patrick Mahomes or do they realize his quarterback play has not been stellar.
Speaker 2: This year despite their records.
Speaker 1: He's had moments. But it's just kind of interesting, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Well. Tradition has states that on January first, you get up and you watch the Rose Parade.
Speaker 1: Right, I hate watch that thing, and I feel bad about it because they're fellow broadcasters, but they're just awful. They're so phony. They hate each other. It's obvious. I mean, like I was just saying off the air, one of the opening moments was Mark right, I can never get done. I could not pick him out of a lineup. Is he an actor?
Speaker 2: Always a TV guy? Oh? Where? I think he's on like one of the entertainment shows, Entertainment and I.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that makes sense.
Speaker 2: That's why they would pair him with Lisa Gibbons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. One of the things that he said is, oh, you're just the best partner ever to work with ever ever, And she's like, well, you know, she's maybe that's too much. And he's like, well, I just wanted to check that box. And I mean that set the tone for how much fakery exists in that booth.
Speaker 2: Well it's and it's so it's a weird thing because they they'll do obviously the national broadcast, there's you know CBS at NBC and ABC, they they'll do their broadcast. But then you've got the local channels that will do a broadcast, and and the one on KTLA's that's kind of the traditional one that you go to. That was the one that was always Bob and Stephanie.
Speaker 1: And Chris Shauble looks like he actually loves doing the parade, like he wants to be there. He loves it. He's got excitement for it. He's great. The other two that you know, they could be doing their taxes. They don't care.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if it's just axitement of proximity. I mean, Chris is right there. I think he called a TV corner. He's on that corner where they got to make that sharp turn. And sometimes they will do a performance on one side of the of that intersection and then they'll come around where all the TV boots are and then they'll do another presentation in this section. He's right there, so he gets to see all of this. He was interviewing the president from the University of Oregon. Obviously they were in the Rose Bowl yesterday. Then it's enormously wonderful achievement. It brings us off. Microphone doesn't work.
Speaker 1: It is so frustrating a first season covering the Chargers on the sideline, I had a microphone that consistently did not work. They would to me, I would start talking. I could tell I was not on the air. It is so frustrating as a reporter for that to happen, because a you want to do your job, and this is an exciting job. It's the kt LA Rose Parade, and he's killing it and the microphone cuts out. So he did a couple hits. I think that was the third hit with that president. He also to interviewed the Ohio state president as well. Cut out there, and then they just didn't go to him because he didn't have a working micro How does that happen? How do you how do you have a broadcast at large and not have a working microphone with no interference down there where you know he's going to be broadcasting. It's not like he's going.
Speaker 2: Rogue run a cable, run run a cable cable. I know that what one hundred feet run one hundred foot table?
Speaker 1: I started, I started losing my monusor texting rich Ramos, our engineer here. I was like, what the hell is this happened. I'm like, I'm so thankful for you and always having a microphone for me that works, because.
Speaker 2: It is so frustrating. Here he is with the president of the Ohio State University. You're pretty joining us.
Speaker 1: Before we get into please.
Speaker 2: Explain to the audience your military background, because it is, if just depressive.
Speaker 3: I was in the Navy for thirty eight years, retired as a pike Piple animal flew up in nineteen different aircraft carriers, over two thousand carrier landings.
Speaker 2: It's American record.
Speaker 3: Very privileged to serve for that long. My last five years, baby was leading the US Table Academy.
Speaker 1: Also top guy the overmodulation.
Speaker 2: Well that's the other part about it. Listen, Chris is a loud guy, and I had the okay, so I was doing my daughter's volleyball games for a while. I remember that whole chapter in my life. Chris's kids went to the same school, so Chris and I got to know each other through that, and I would there were times when I couldn't do it, and he would. And people were saying, could we turn his microphone down? Not because he was not because they didn't like his enthusiasm. It's that no, but he was there to turn it down to the right level so you could still get the enthusiasm without having the overmodulation.
Speaker 1: Are you did you infiltrate Chris Jobble's microphone yesterday because you were jealous that he outshown you at the volleyball games?
Speaker 2: I did not. I did not. I love Chris. He's such a great guy.
Speaker 1: He really seems like it. I don't know him, but.
Speaker 2: That personality, he is that nice and that excited about everything, that happy. He's that happy.
Speaker 1: And him doing the intro for Jackson State was awesome and it made the two in the booth sound even dumber. Sorry, God, New Year's Same b Good Lord, I'm.
Speaker 2: Awful it didn't go anywhere. That's really good. In a couple of weeks, I actually have my baseball camp coming up and they had a question for me, which was, what do you want your walk up song to? Be, and I don't know the full context. I'm not sure when they're going to use it, or if they wait until the last day, or if they're going to use it every time that I go up to bat. So if you have a suggestion about what it should be, let me know. We've got a couple of suggestions.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I think the booty song is a strong entry, except for it might creep out some of the guys that you'll be playing with right, like like you want it's almost like you want them to look.
Speaker 2: At your booty, right And that's not what I'm going for.
Speaker 1: It's not what are you going for?
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's why I'm That's why I'm I'm open to suggestion because I had a list that I put together when I saw this, and I thought, well, some of these, some of these would be funny. Some of them are traditional, like walk up songs where it's like a heavy guitar riff or something like that for the first ten or fifteen seconds, because it's not long. You know, I'm not playing the whole song, so it's got to hit hard right away.
Speaker 1: You could play the old KFI news What was that warrant? Rat Rat round and round that might be fun as kind of like a but again might get you fired up to do a newscast.
Speaker 2: I don't know if somebody is going to be then I get it, you get it. I'm the only one that's kind of.
Speaker 1: What your walk up song is for. It's to amp yourself up, That's what it is. That's why guys get to pick their own walk up songs, like what amps you up? Like what makes you want to hit it out of the park. One of the things you'll have to keep in mind is you'll probably be going with other guys that are in your age range, and we'll be picking out similar songs.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, so you got to be a little esoteric. You got a little esoteric, which is kind of why I chose the ones that I think. I have five. I have five that I chose that could be possibilities. Okay, but I'm open to others. Are you going to share those with us? Yes? I will share them with you a little bit later. New organ go you first.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say. New Orleans is preparing to reopen Bourbon Street to the public after that deadly truck attack on New Year's Day. The governor there says there would be an unprecedented law enforcement presence prior to the Sugar Bowl that will be this afternoon. The he would reopen Bourbon Street, he says, to the public at three thirty pm, which is twelve thirty hour time, a half an hour before Georgia and Notre Dame are scheduled to play that All state Sugar Bowl, which was postponed twenty four hours because of that deadly truck attack that killed at least fourteen people injured dozens more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what. I don't know the exact conversations that took place about deciding to postpone it. I wasn't surprised that they did. I was surprised that they only did it twenty four hours and the Attorney general in the state Louisiana said, Hey, my idea was you got to go at least Friday or Saturday. We need time, And I don't know if it was the we need time to heal or we need time to prepare. Security wise, it's already a humongous event, may not be the Super Bowl in terms of the level of security that would be required or would be given, especially help from federal agencies. And things like that. But it's already a massive, massive event, I mean New Orleans. On New Year's Eve they said it was one hundred percent staffing already because of the you know what happened they previous to what happened with the attack.
Speaker 1: Right, They've called in resources too. The National Guard is coming in. Correctional officers and members of other state law enforcement divisions have been deployed to help the city with security for the Sugar Bowl as well. So all hands on deck and then some.
Speaker 2: Ohio state did crush Oregon forty one to twenty one in the Rose Bowl yesterday. They move on to the CFP semi finals, of course, and then Texas took overtime, two overtimes to beat the Sun Devils in what turned out to be it was fun, a very fun gamer watch.
Speaker 1: And to end on a pick like.
Speaker 2: That, well, a few hours before the ball dropped, the computer dispatch system for the La County Sheriff's Department crashed and we had to go back through the old fashioned way of calling out one atom twelve, one atom twelve.
Speaker 1: All patrol car computers were nearly useless, and like you said, the decks handled all the calls by radio. They first learned about the problem around eight pm when deputies at several stations were having trouble logging onto their patrol car computers for something.
Speaker 2: For some reason, they said, it was not allowing personnel to log on with the new year, which made it inoperable. It's not cleared out how long they said that it was going to take to fix the problem. But deputies and dispatchers are doing everything old school radio's patrol car computers. One deputy said early yesterday, it's our own little Y two K.
Speaker 1: I wonder if there I read a couple of things on Twitter over the weekend about different computer systems malfunctioning to roll over to twenty twenty five, and I thought, wow, this is very y two K. But y two K nothing happened. Everyone expected something to happen. It did not happen. Very minor things that happened. There was a what was it?
Speaker 2: There was a Chinese hack of the Treasury Department that took place while we were out, and it was one of those things where this is minor. You know, this is a potential minor thing compared to what happens when the Department of Treasury has its computers infiltrated by a Chinese sponsored government group. They said that there was some concern of course dealing with the Rose Bowl football game, rose parade, etc. And of course the law enforcement and specifically the Sheriff's participation in security around those things. And they said that they're definitely behind on some technology. It's an antiquated system, and we have recognized that for some time. This was an issue not just under Sheriff Luna who was in the Rose Parade, but it was also under former Sheriff Vinueva as well. He posted a letter to the Board of supervisors in twenty twenty two. He said that he wanted funding for a new computer aided dispatch system, saying the existing system was so old that it couldn't comply with the data collection requirements. They said that we have now officially officially issued a request for proposals to acquire a new modernized centralized CAD system that will greatly enhance the capabilities the union. Of course, this said, this is a proof that we need more money from the county specifically and from other agencies to make sure that we stay up to date on that kind of a kind of information.
Speaker 1: So what are some of your ideas.
Speaker 2: Okay, so my ideas, well, let me see if i'll play them so that you have an idea about them, because I've got some. I've got some ideas, and I think I think they're good ones. But again, I'm not so in love with them that I'm not willing to listen to other options. Okay, Now again, this is a walk up song, which ones.
Speaker 1: This is for adult fantasy camp.
Speaker 2: That that one, that one, that one.
Speaker 1: I should say, adult fantasy baseball camp.
Speaker 2: I was trying to explain this to Richie today and I said, f see camp and his eyes lit up, and I had to clarify exactly what I meant by that. So I mean because it's a g it's literally g right, a little out of character for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if you can pull that one off. Do you want me to be honest? Yes, Okay, I'll sugarcoat things all right.
Speaker 2: So that's it's good.
Speaker 1: I like it. I like a hook, right, I just think it's.
Speaker 2: Just on a little higher energy.
Speaker 1: Okay, a little macklemore. I like that for you.
Speaker 2: I don't like him politically, but he's a Seahawks fan too. Yeah, there's that.
Speaker 1: That's a problem that I don't get over that. I'm gonna have to beta that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, you get into a little bit more. Uh, I guess you'd say, well, this goes back a few years. Hell, I wish I was.
Speaker 1: I like that fun good. I like that.
Speaker 2: That's Gilo money and and good good, stronger guitar lick at the beginning.
Speaker 1: No, I like this song, but not for a walk up song. It doesn't make me want to hit the ball out of the park. It makes me want to step into a pitch a little bit.
Speaker 2: And this was probably the most esoteric choice on the list, Ban and Connecting.
Speaker 1: And there was single one in my brain is Electra like that?
Speaker 2: Just like the rest Jack White singing Elizaretto.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just that one again doesn't get the blood pump in.
Speaker 2: Okay. Sometimes, So out of those you have said.
Speaker 1: Maclamore, potentially, No, you said not one Snoop, I love, I wish, but that one's my front runner. But like you, I'm not in love with it to the point where I'm old on it. It's just an option.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, like Spice Up your Life by the Spice Girl, Ooh.
Speaker 1: I love that? Or what or what about shout out to Matt Maybe Senaia Twain Let's go.
Speaker 2: Girls saw her on New Year's Eve. Looked like she could care less about what she was doing, couldn't care less about what she was doing, really so from her residency in Vegas. They did part of I don't remember which channel I was on, but.
Speaker 1: Careful say something like that around here.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying. And she still got it, but it did not look like she was in it. Blake Lively and Justin Baldoni. This is not about these two high profile people. It's about the dirty ass nature of pr firms in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Also, it's a warning to not talk about a woman's weight ever, they will destroy you. They will destroy you. I think that's what this is.
Speaker 2: The explosive devices and to areas. But Christopher Riah, Deputy Assistant director of FBI's counter Terrorism Division, said that now the evidence shows that this guy was solely responsible for the attack. He had professed his allegiance to Isis, although they're not saying exactly when they believe or how he was radicalized to take on this act of terror.
Speaker 1: What do you think is the most on time airline in the world.
Speaker 2: In the world something from Greenland, something from Greenland. I don't know. Aero Mexico okay.
Speaker 1: Most on time airline in the world, the US airline that fared the best Delta, but Aero Mexico slightly ahead of the Saudi Arabian airlines Saudia and Atlanta based Delta.
Speaker 2: You know, airlines build in certain delays of you know, they'll say the flight.
Speaker 1: For the Sacramento Southwest is classic for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'll they'll tell you it'll take you an hour and twenty minutes minutes from sacram out of a Burbank.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My sister flew Sacramento to Burbank early satter day morning.
Speaker 1: Flight time forty three minutes.
Speaker 2: First of all, they took off seven minutes early. Wow. And the flight time was early. They landed thirty two minutes early. Wow. Now I'm watched. I'm sitting at home. I'm gonna come pick her up. And here in Burbank, I'm sitting at home. I can time it out, right, it's about twenty five minutes to get to the airport. If I time it out so that I leave five minutes, or if I leave twenty minutes before they land, it's perfect. She's just going to walk off the airplane, get right in the car, and off we go. Well, she lands, and it was early, so I had back timed and I had to get everything right. I'm doing the math in my head, and she says, but don't rush because our gate's not ready yet. They sat on the tarmac in Burbank for twenty five minutes.
Speaker 1: That's what happened to wait for the gate. That happened to me flying back from Sacramento when whenever that was right a few days before Christmas?
Speaker 2: Did you take the early flight? Is it because the early flight later early flight?
Speaker 1: But it wasn't that, or it wasn't like the first flight out or anything like that. But I sat on the tarmac for forty five minutes waiting for the gate. And that's infuriating when you have to pee right, And so I get up because I'm like.
Speaker 2: I got a pee, Like, I go ahead, try and stop me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And one of the flight attendts like she's like, ma'am, we can't take off if you're in the lavatory. And I'm like, we're not taking off. We landed here, Well.
Speaker 2: I guess we're not taking off.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 2: All right, so let's let's let's go through this whole story about Blake Lively and Justin Baldoni. This is a story about the movie It Ends with Us, which came out over the summer. I never saw it. It's on Netflix now. I'm sure it's getting a renovated you know, look at at what it is.
Speaker 1: It was based off a very popular book by a very popular author, and what some of the early high that it got, or the publicity that it got, I should say, was that it was being kind of sold or publicized as this romantic comedy, when in fact it's a movie about domestic violence.
Speaker 2: The trailers definitely made it seem very lighthearted, and I remember when you saw it and you were like, that is not what I signed up for. At least that's not what the expectation was for a lot of people. So the story came out when it made it into movie theaters back in the summer. There were stories of kind of rumors, kind of hints about how Blake Lively wasn't easy to work with and she had these sort of diva behaviors, and she threatened not to show up to work some days, and she was throwing a wrench into the production schedule and all of the stuff that was going on, that she wasn't going to be involved with the pre release press tour that all movies now have. Well come to find out that she claims all of those stories were part of a PR campaign against her because she had threatened to sue Justin Baldoni, who not only was one of the stars of the show, he's also the director of it and a producer. That they thought she was going to come out and either sue him or at least bad mouth him, so they fired the peremptory shot and went after her with this low level but wildly successful campaign that Blake Lively is a bee.
Speaker 1: She has all of the text messages too, that went back and forth between Justin's team and the movie's publicity firm and the operatives that exist there. How she got those text messages is wild. Somebody had to roll.
Speaker 2: It was the head of the PR firm that was doing his bidding, But now the allegation, at least from the head of the PR firm is it wasn't our firm. The individuals that were working for us.
Speaker 1: Well, she drops this massive lawsuit claiming that her co star Justin Baldoni showed nude videos or images of women to Blake, that he discussed alleged pass porn addictions or sexual conquests, that this was kind of the way it was on the set, with him being wildly inappropriate.
Speaker 2: One of the things was that she had texted him a message something along the lines of I'm going to be in my trailer if you want to run lines because we got new dialogue, and that he would burst into her trailer while she was breastfeeding or while she was pumping breast milk or something like that, and that he would ogle her while she was doing that. Now, in the New York Times write up about this, it said that he was sexualizing this thing about her breastfeeding and making comments about it when his countersuit. By the way, he sued the New York Times on New Year's Eve and said that everything that article was only taken from her perspective and he was never allowed the response, which was, I was put in this position of those are the only times that she's available is when she's breastfeeding. I didn't This was not a sexual thing. It's just that's what was happening when we were running live.
Speaker 1: I've seen breastfeeding and breast pumping numerous times. I know I'm not a breast person. That's not my thing, but it's never been a sexual thing whatsoever. In fact, these not a dude. I'm not a dude. Now.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying all dudes, but I can understand why a dude would see that and.
Speaker 1: Be like, I think that's like the not the least. Yes, yes, and I know it's beautiful and it's giving life and food and nourishment to your baby. I get it, but it's not sexy.
Speaker 2: Well, I saw one opinion piece about this today and kind of looking at how what's going on is more an indicator of this is like the last vestiges of the Me too movement, where we've gone beyond the actual allegations between a woman and what she says this man did, and now we're getting into the gross, swampy, nasty work of publicists. Uh yeah, that's uh so.
Speaker 1: Mike Johnson doesn't have the votes needed to remain in that role they're saying.
Speaker 2: It does as of right. As of right now, the only Republican who has come out and definitively said that he would not vote for Johnson. As speaker again is Thomas Massey out of Kentucky. Others have said that they doubt that they would, but they're not being specific because that's how you bargain in Washington, DC. You get what you want by you dangle your put your yes vote over someone's head, and in that case, that's going to But Trump has endorsed Mike Johnson. He doesn't want to change horses mid stream, and Mike Johnson's done for I guess, for the President the lex purposes. So he's done a fine job so far and has been a Trump acolyte for the for the most part. So we'll see. I mean, I'm on pins and needles.
Speaker 1: Couple things. If you miss any part of the show, you can check out our podcast. We do a live podcast every day.
Speaker 2: Every day, but tell your kids.
Speaker 1: If you're not around when we're doing our live podcast, you can I don't know, download the full podcast after the show on the iHeartRadio app. Also, we are asking for suggestions for Gary's Adult Fantasy Baseball camp walk up song. Every player has a song they walk up to the plate to get them all fired up. Some guys go with funny, some guys go with what amps them up. Sometimes it is a team inside joke, like I think it was a Miley Cyrus song the Dodgers had a handful of years ago, Won't Stop, We Won't Stop.
Speaker 2: Some of them are goofy, like Will Smith's walk up song was by Will Smith. It's a different other Will Smith.
Speaker 1: It can be funny or it can be serious.
Speaker 2: And I'm not looking for the one. You made a great point that some of those songs, like the World's great at one hundred greatest walk up songs, they're all gonna be taking, they're gonna be they're gonna be used, and that I don't need that.
Speaker 1: I don't need any four guys all using enter Sandman Metallica.
Speaker 2: That's what Which is one that I have? You know some people have already suggested, So I'm looking for something that's I don't know that I not even just me uh that that would have fun.
Speaker 1: I kind of like the whole Metallica. I see more of a ride the lightning situation, maybe fade to black.
Speaker 2: Let me also point out, because it's a San Francisco giants just gonna say that.
Speaker 1: So if we get a Bay Area band like Metallica, that'd be cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or what about starship Jeffers star No, that's too deep.
Speaker 1: We can build this this world together. What is it We've built this city. Wait, nothing's going to stop us now. Don't they sing that one as well? Yes, that's what I was thinking. That sounds awful. I love that idea.
Speaker 2: No, nothing, because again it's the same thing you're talking like forty fifty sixty year old guys.
Speaker 1: You know that right. I will not let you use you're going to do.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do Sarah the first slow down song that anyway, we'll take those suggestions. We're talking about this. This and this was the term Purduccan of lawsuits between Justin Baldoni and Blake Live, Too many, unnecessary, all of that, she started getting a bad rep in the summer when the movie was coming out. She alleges that that was because of a PR campaign put together by his people. He at least has some amount of separation from that because the allegations that he directed his PR people to do this, there's very little evidence. There are some messages that went back and forth between the PR people themselves, but not with Justin Baldoni specifically. They said the guy was an a hole, he's showing her naked pictures of women, talked about his past porn addiction. Here's one of the things that I saw the allegation as well. He invited people onto the set the day that they were doing her sex scenes, and he cast his buddy. Haven't seen the movie, so I don't know the context of it, but he cast his buddy as the obgyn during a birthing scene, which means in the production of it, he is all up in her business when they're shooting the scene. Now, she claims, among other things, that this guy was just an a hole and was mean and was vindictive. He in a countersuit to The New York Times, he said he would also sue her, but said that everything that they did in the New York Times article was completely wrong. She then filed not only the civil rights the civil suit she has filed now a federal court in New York against him.
Speaker 1: This all started by the bye. One of the first things I heard about this fight between the two of them was the fact, allegedly that he asked her personal trainer how much she weighed. Asked Blake Lively's personal trainer how much she weighed because he didn't want to hurt his back in a scene where he's lifting her up. That was the first sign of trouble that anybody heard about. And then things just went to hell for him because how embarrassing is that. One of the things that sticks out about this film. If you were a Gossip Girl fan or whatever, and you saw Blake Lively as a teenager essentially, and now she's a woman. She looks like a woman. She looks like a normal weight woman, and it's very different from the girl you're used to seeing on Gossip Girl fifteen years ago. It's not that she's fat, she's just a woman. Now. She's a mom. She has a woman's body, and I think that a lot of people when they saw this were like, oh, that's she's put on weight. No, she doesn't put on weight. She's just a real woman now, as opposed to the girl that you saw mom of three kids. I think, yeah, something like that with them.
Speaker 2: One of her one of her family members, Bart Johnson, actually is a brother in law. I believe he said that of Justin Baldoni. He's a fraud. He puts on the costume of a hero man bun and all. He used all the trendy catchphrases and buzzwords, but none of it is genuine. Everyone fell for it for years. Rewatch his videos with more critical eye and watch him compliment and praise himself with faux humility and self deprecation water performance.
Speaker 1: He seemed he came across like an a hole when I watched that movie, which is sometimes you can kind of get who somebody really is despite them acting. I mean, and not just because he plays an abuser in the movie.
Speaker 2: And Jenny Slat played the sister I guess in the movie, played Baldoni's sister in the movie Opens the Shop or something like that. With her, Yeah, she said, I voiced my support. She takes action against those reported to have planned and carried out an attack on her reputation. Blake is a leader, a loyal friend, and a trusted source of emotional support for me and so many who know and love her. As I mentioned the text messages, those damning text messages that Blake Lively's lawyers got a hold of came from the head of the PR firm. The head of the PR firm is not named in the lawsuit.
Speaker 1: Someone calling you people, no, oh yeah, oh, it's a scam A scam.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh they hung up before I had a chance to out them on the air.
Speaker 1: Oh, that would have been fun.
Speaker 2: Would have been fun. We'll do a quick swamp what you know what, let's make a new Year's resolution, yes politics, Yes, less politics, and we can eat up one of the swamps Watch segments with some of our walk up song stories. Yeah, okay, we'll do that. We'll do one section of swamp Watch. Yes. By the way, for those who have been asking there is a new swamp Watch introduction, there is not yet. Oh I'm saying when the new president is inaugurated, that will be the day that we tell you and play for you the new introduction.
Speaker 1: So we're not just going to go back to the old swamp Watch when he was president the first time.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: No, oh okay, that would be my route less work. That's lazy, and.
Speaker 2: I get it. I get it. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.