Speaker 1: In there, folks.
Speaker 2: Before we dive in, just a friendly reminder that Beer Belly Sports is a podcast, not a mensa meeting. They're not CNN, ESPN, not your mom's book club, and they're definitely not to be trusted with an intelligent thought. They're here for laughs, beer, and a good time, not pulid surprises or perfect stats. The opinions, hot takes, and wild predictions you're about to hear are strictly their own and possibly influenced by whatever was on tap earlier in the day. If you should take anything that they say too seriously, that's on you, Bubba. So crack a cold one, sit on back, and remember. It's all good fun, just a bunch of Minnesotans talkin' sports, sippin' beer, sometimes making sense and demonstrating the thoughts that kept them out of the really good schools. Everybody, please just take a breath and we'll begin.
Speaker 3: So, what I don't really don't know is like, like I know how some stuff from curling works, but I don't know a lot of it. Like I just I just always throw a bunch of fucking rocks sheep. Well, I don't like I see it. I mean We've been to the uh here bimigi for uh uh for curling, and it was pretty cool to watch. I actually do want to do some curling.
Speaker 4: Well, then you should know it's more than just throwing a couple of.
Speaker 3: I know, you just gotta like, you gotta try to line up. You gotta try. It's like shuffle board. Obviously.
Speaker 4: I bet you would eat ship.
Speaker 5: Actually a broom.
Speaker 4: So back in the old days, it was like a it was like an actual room, like you would see your ninety year old grandmother sweeping off the sidewalk with It's not huh, yeah, no, it's not.
Speaker 1: You know, I can't help but curl this cold Core's light into my mouth free ad silver bullet is Oh yeah, speaking of that, Yeah, of course we'll get in that here shortly.
Speaker 3: Let me just try to share all this stuff to multiple sites right now.
Speaker 4: Sure, I'll keep us from here.
Speaker 3: Just just go ahead and yeah, just keep going with the cold opening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I still don't know why they call it a cold opening.
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's it's what we've always said since the beginning of time. No, I know why they're original.
Speaker 4: Well, like, what's cold about it? You would you would actually think it'd be a hot opening because you're kind of just jumping right into.
Speaker 1: Shiit what's a hot I guess what's a warm opening?
Speaker 4: Kind of like kind of like your first date off of a dating app, you're trying to feel each other out. That'd be like a lukewarm opening.
Speaker 1: So that's why you cold open is because you don't want to do that every time.
Speaker 4: But I mean you're doing the same thing. Like a cold open would just literally be like playing the theme music and getting.
Speaker 1: Put the title out there and just start.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe like a cold opening would kind of just be like really feeling it out. Like if I turn to you and be like, Hi, I'm Travis, that'd be about as cold as it gets.
Speaker 1: I feel like I suppose I I am Travis exactly. Hi, I'm Sam Boring.
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: It depends, It depends on the day.
Speaker 4: Matthew Angelica Geff, Thanks, No, So it's this is like a lukewarm opening, then, why well it's not. There's nothing cold about it. We all know each other, right, There's there's nothing cold about it.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 4: That is that is nuts though, because that probably came like cold opening probably started God knows when what I was thinking about this the other day. You know, when you watch an old movie, like an old comedy movie, and it's just like a completely different style of humor than what we're used to now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like.
Speaker 4: You with how about that airplane food? And people actually thought that was funny at one point in time, and now we make fun of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess it's based on well, like vulgarity has gotten more common.
Speaker 4: What the fuck do you mean by that? That's a good one, thanks, button guys, not on it though, No, it's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 3: We're off to a hot start, hopefully.
Speaker 4: When did swearing become normal?
Speaker 3: I feel World War two that way of Viking days.
Speaker 4: They were still they were still grunting at each other back Bruce, Oh poor Bruce, I love you, but no, realistically, just thinking, I don't think I ever got my mouth washed out with what lucky more than twice twice, But I didn't even get a bar of soap. My mom was a big like, here's the hand soap bottle. I got one of each, and you know what, the hand soap. I would rather chew on a bar of soap.
Speaker 3: I feel like, yeah, the soap bar wasn't bad. It was because you could.
Speaker 4: At least bite it with your teeth and it won't get on your Christmas story.
Speaker 1: Soap looked pretty good. I'll tell you that honestly didn't look that bad. Ralphie knew what he was doing. Yeah, I think it would be funny if they actually if it's the same fudge. What did you say, got it in Cleveland?
Speaker 4: Or is it kind of just a shithole or is it kind of just the same for every generation? Like once you hit a certain age you can just start swearing.
Speaker 3: I don't know how how okay, better question, how old were you when you started swearing?
Speaker 1: Fifth grade?
Speaker 3: I feel like that I got to.
Speaker 4: I got after school detention once in third grade loser for swearing.
Speaker 1: I got attention one time in middle school for I said fuck because I dropped a touchdown in in recess football.
Speaker 3: That's that's tough.
Speaker 1: I thought it was valid.
Speaker 4: And you were putting up an MVP game, I suppose.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had hands, Yeah, hands like frying pans.
Speaker 4: God Reese's football.
Speaker 3: Yes, we are our? Is that a blacktop?
Speaker 1: We had? All we had in the South Dakota.
Speaker 3: A blacktop of South Dakota.
Speaker 4: The whole state is nothing but field. You guys couldn't find a patch of dirt to play on?
Speaker 3: No, we did not, could have go out too far, that's crazy, but yeah we played on the blacktop. My brother Mitch like hit stick me into a trailer. That fucking sucked.
Speaker 4: That reminds me of like one of the best football video games ever, Street Football Team. Oh hell yeah, Street two on the GameCube?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you kidding me.
Speaker 4: The game Cube is also probably the second best gaming console ever, behind the PlayStation two, behind the PlayStation two. What the GameCube was sick?
Speaker 1: You know what? PlayStation two has to be the best. PlayStation two and then the Xbox three sixty eras, we're pretty great. I'm not an extravate.
Speaker 3: He's still interested in the PS two.
Speaker 4: How much were you selling it for?
Speaker 3: Again? You they were gonna give you a thousand.
Speaker 4: I'll give you two grand right now?
Speaker 3: Shut the fuck up. Do you have it on you, Venmoet?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me check my wallet, pretty PlayStation two? Swell, I have I can slim?
Speaker 4: Yeah. I don't want the slim, I want the fat.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's a fat boy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean growing up, we had tell you what I got a twenty dollars bill that I can draw two more zeros on and give you two. Have you ever seen a two thousand dollars bill?
Speaker 1: No, I have.
Speaker 4: What I've been a two thousand dollars Billyeah, it's up your bunghole. Bunghole is a crazy word to.
Speaker 3: Use TV from my bloader.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't.
Speaker 3: Let's let's get it. Let's just get a show. Let's get a show.
Speaker 4: This is that that That is not what I thought you were going to say, not even close.
Speaker 6: This is doll fisting tb Yes, Maddest scroll into his phone. Scott's got on his bis this degree.
Speaker 7: Dustin keeps the show rolling on.
Speaker 4: With the Big.
Speaker 7: Manisode, talking spots and having.
Speaker 6: We take bi shot bats with out each other. Beer belly spot is.
Speaker 3: What we're come.
Speaker 7: The Sammy brows a spots.
Speaker 3: Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. It doesn't matter where you are. This is meer really Sports company from the Runway Lounge. My name is Matt Jeffrey. To my immediate left, we are gonna have Travis Krout and then on the very far and of the bar, who is not named Bruce, who is not named Dustin, who is not named Scott. He's making his Beer Belly Sports original show debut. Sam Caliber, thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: I'm here almost every week, don't care so yeah, uh, great show for you guys.
Speaker 3: Today we are mixing beer really sports and the Silver Bullet Session Shams. Yeah. Yeah, this is met to the button bar for that one.
Speaker 4: Ye yep, seamless plug. That's me and Sam show.
Speaker 3: Yep, you guys show it only yep on the Beerboy Sports Radio Network. Brought to you by Kept for.
Speaker 4: Productions, Yeah speaking and brought to you by.
Speaker 3: Yeah Tay Show. It's being brought to you by.
Speaker 1: Seven of that pizza pizza before it was trendy financial local circle k or grocer in the Twin Cities area. We just had one, uh and it was the best for pizza We've ever had.
Speaker 3: The best sip.
Speaker 4: By that best it was. It was It is fantastic.
Speaker 2: Zaw.
Speaker 3: That's one of my favorites.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is it the the Italian sausage.
Speaker 4: One No, well, sausage meatball.
Speaker 1: Sausage meatball.
Speaker 3: It was really good.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Today's show is also being brought to you by Soda Stick. Use the promo code beer Belly to get fifteen percent off. They have a bunch of cool shirts, cool everything. Honestly, hats Bruce has some pretty rock and underwear from them.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Wow, he has a lot of things right. He wants the Randy Moss, but no, they need to make it, which I think could be great.
Speaker 4: They have a lot of cool stuff, so check them out and use promo code beer Belly for that fifteen percent.
Speaker 3: Off your whole entire order. By the way, too, also being brought to you by the Knobbing Kettle right here in well just south Bamdge, Lake Alice area, if you're looking for a great prime rib and they have a Valentine Day event as well too, so if you if you have a sweetie you want to take down both of you.
Speaker 1: Bring a hot date, bring a hot day.
Speaker 3: They are taking reservation at the Knob and Kettle. Great state. I do not know there's They have a thing on their Facebook page about what they all have and I did not really.
Speaker 2: I saw it.
Speaker 4: I think they were doing a prime rim deal.
Speaker 3: I totally it makes sense. But the Knob and Kettle just south of bamigi uh in Lake at Lake Alice, downtown Lake Alice. But yeah, you guys should go check it out. Great place, also being brought to you by Home Choice right here in Bamigi. If you're looking for any you like appliances, TV electronics, PS fives, Xbox, Uh, my like my laptop. Like I said, newbous of Times has come from Home Choice right here in Bimigi. Go into the store here in Bimigi and say beer Belly Sports and you get one hundred dollars off of your entire purchase that goes a long ways.
Speaker 4: That's all you gotta say.
Speaker 3: All you gotta say. Let's go into there and be like if you get your stuff like Berbally Sports promo code and boom, hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: I mean, do it when you're checking out, so then you're not an inconvenience and they have to refund you though I can look at the lady that now has to refund your credit that you just guess, don't be that person. It's like the person that orders Ranch after they get served food.
Speaker 3: Get Ranch, like you.
Speaker 4: Knew you wanted Ranch before before?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I can't. Can I get guys anything else? Ranch?
Speaker 4: It was Yeah, it was the first time ever. I went to Rutgers on Monday and uh and the waitress actually came back when you know, when they do the check in, like, how's everything tasting the first few bites and you know good? Then can't grab you guys anything right away And someone says ranch, which immediately irked me, and she just whips it out of her pocket and threw it.
Speaker 3: On the.
Speaker 4: That's how big of an inconvenience it really is for.
Speaker 1: Those What about the people that are scratching lottery tickets to check out of the gas get.
Speaker 3: Into the finished and then awesome and brought to you by Urban Gerbert's here in bamidgi Uh. It is still plenty of time to get catering done if you look at like I went there the other day and I got the Northern. It's a it's a cheese steak basically what it is, super good. One of my all time favorites is the Northern for Urban Gerbert saying again, catering soups are still on, Like we talked about the Wild Wild I soup one of the best. I have one of the best.
Speaker 1: The official sandwich of beer Bellley Sports.
Speaker 3: It is technically the official sandwich of Beerbelly Sports. Thank you, let's go.
Speaker 4: I love the Oh fuck yeah, I don't even like Buffalo Chicken. Like, I'm not a spicy guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we're both. We're all white, so we're not big in the spice.
Speaker 1: I'm big in a spice. I got some recommendations.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the eruptor fantastic, fantastic.
Speaker 3: Uh, then let's try try and go through all of them again. And then Paul Blind and Communications been serving the Butmigie and Grant Rapids area for over fifty years and of course had the Gigazone which is being powered whichs been powering beer really sports for about two years now. So yeah, the Gigazone, the Gigason Thanks Brian.
Speaker 4: Is that the last one at the bottom?
Speaker 3: If that's all of them? Actually, okay, cool, we got them all. Anyway, Anyways, Justin said, hey, Travis is back. Let's talk about his upcoming engagement.
Speaker 4: Jesus, if we drew a line. I thought I drew that line last week. I guess not. Anyway, this lady at Circle K when I was going to pick up this pizza, there I was, and there's one checkout person, which that's a completely different.
Speaker 1: Topic if we don't have to dig that.
Speaker 3: No, but.
Speaker 4: This lady, it's one of my biggest pet peeves like read the room kind of deal. There's probably ten people in line for this one. Dude. She's sitting there buying scratchers and scratching them at the counter, having him scan the barcode. And then she won and had to do it all over and then her card declined when she was paying for that, so she's digging in her purse. And I didn't even feel bad. She was like an eighty year old woman, and I would not feel bad at all. But I'm like, you are just being a nuisance to society right now. Speaking of nuisance to society.
Speaker 3: I'm reading going through Twitter and now reading all the things right now. No, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: On the way on the way here, actually, on the way to Circleka to get here, we saw one of the most hated people on the planet, a bicyclist.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: And well here's the crazy part. The car that was behind me. We were in the left lane. Car behind me is in the right lane. I just hear them getting on their horns, so I look up, thinking they're honking at me, and I turned to Sam and I go, what the fuck's this person's problem? And two feet later we look to our right there's a bicycle list in the right lane, blocking traffic, like riding in the middle of the street, and there is a bike path to the right, and then there's another actual bike path on the other side.
Speaker 1: Of Yes, actually I believe it's illegal to block traffic, to drive a bicycle.
Speaker 4: No license plate, no blinkers.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, they just the the city has a has built a bike path for reason for that. Yes, and this people from blocking an entire lane of traffic on the bridge.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that pissed me. Oh no, that pissed me.
Speaker 3: What the fuck?
Speaker 4: I was so mad.
Speaker 3: I was kind of wondering when you said, like, yeah, turn on the oven, will be there a little bit, And.
Speaker 1: That was the that was the lottery ticket, lady.
Speaker 4: Oh I spent probably eleven minutes in that circle k for a thirty second transaction.
Speaker 1: And Travis had to stop me from bringing you a buzzball.
Speaker 3: Geffrey, Yeah, I had one of those.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were gonna do is it ship, but we couldn't find anything at the liquor store.
Speaker 1: That wouldn't wouldn't have crossed the line. Plus also that if you're leaving lake View, that's the worst corner in the entire city. Oh yep, because the speed limit speed limits thirty five, but nobody. No one's going thirty five.
Speaker 4: Unless you're driving in front of me, you're going thirty five, okay, Or if you're that bicycle ASTs you're going uphill going seven.
Speaker 1: Sh oh. It was like that too.
Speaker 4: She was houffing and puffing.
Speaker 1: Go on. I mean she got over it, though she.
Speaker 4: Did had a reflective vestment on two, so you knew she planned to do that, which sucked.
Speaker 8: Ye.
Speaker 4: Anyway, let's let's get into this.
Speaker 3: You're gonna do it all right. I find the right button for it.
Speaker 2: It's time for the b Billy Sports six packs, thought to you by Bryce Primo from teams Cermac real Estate. Just like your favorite Minnesota team, you need someone who knows how to close by, sell, move, win. With Bryce Primo and the themagey area called two and eight seven six zero ninety seven eight nine, or send an email to Premonition Free sixty five at hotmail dot com.
Speaker 3: Oh, prepare yourselves. The boys are going to talk about twinties.
Speaker 6: God a win, twins quick gone starckde win twins.
Speaker 4: Well, the twins aren't gonna win anything.
Speaker 3: Are you sure about that?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 3: Are we gonna do our uh twins predictions are? Uh?
Speaker 4: I told you they're gonna win sixty two games, sixty whatever I said it was. The over under was set at like sixty two and a half, and I took the under.
Speaker 1: Really, I don't know who said that seventy two.
Speaker 4: No, they're not capable.
Speaker 1: Joe Ryan is Joe Ryan in a contract here, gotta be they're gonna ship him off.
Speaker 3: Oh did you did you see a thing about what he said?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 4: He was like happy to be here, and he's like, we still have a few of the original guys like Jeffers, Pablo.
Speaker 3: Jeffers such you love you love Pablo so much. When he said Pablo, any thought of you? I was like, Oh, no's Liam is welcome back? Liam.
Speaker 1: I think he's just gonna be Taylor Rogers. Glad to have underwhelming is what I think.
Speaker 3: Uh. He signed a minor league, so you probably did.
Speaker 4: I mean that should tell you enough.
Speaker 3: Did you see that? Uh? Nicholas Casiano got released for the Reds did.
Speaker 4: From the Phillies. That's actually where I saw that. I saw that he had to apologize.
Speaker 1: His hand wrote all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Dude, so many grammatical errors.
Speaker 1: Well the guy. The guy didn't go to college by the way, Yeah, I would know that didn't go to college.
Speaker 4: No, but uh I saw that, Like after he got yanked from a game in Miami, he brought a beer into the dugout and just cracked it open and sat right next to their manager and was like, hey man.
Speaker 1: He was being a piece of ship.
Speaker 3: He was being a piece of hen't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: And that's not a good look. If you're looking to get traded. You think another team picks him up?
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, Yeah, he still has a good bath.
Speaker 4: I think the Twins will pick him up.
Speaker 1: No, yeahs got him.
Speaker 4: He's the kind of scumbag the Twins need in that club.
Speaker 3: He needs to play for the Tigers.
Speaker 1: He was drafted by the Tigers, brought up by the Tigers. He was a third baseman with the Tigers, and then the Tigers let him go. He led the league in doubles with the Tigers because their America Park is double machine insane, So then they traded him at high value. He had two really good years, got paid, and now he's kind of on the coumdown. But he's just never played defense. Like the Phillies legitimately, the Philly has had success with him because they literally just put him on the warning track and they found out that if he moves in and to his left, he catches a lot of ship.
Speaker 3: And they moved to the left. They moved him.
Speaker 1: Back and back to the as far back and right as he could be, and they let him buck and serviceable.
Speaker 4: That's like an actual.
Speaker 3: Thing, though it just reminds me of the JFK back and to the left.
Speaker 4: Sorry, but like you look at other outfielders in the league that are good.
Speaker 9: Athletes, I would just like to see.
Speaker 4: You can read the ball off the bat very well. Correct, he can move backwards and catch catch the ball going backwards. But what they did with Castians is they just put him so far back that anything hit over his head, all you have to do is turn around because you're not going to catch it any If.
Speaker 1: It was over his head, it was off the wall.
Speaker 3: They're out, no.
Speaker 1: God and whatever, don't get they just so move him to right field for twins. I mean, he would be the best all that that over that overhang could give him fits if he came to Minnesota. He's not coming to play defense now, he's a d H for sure. He aged a lot for for Billy.
Speaker 3: I can see that.
Speaker 1: Then swaggy though, he's too swaggy for we had Josh Donaldson.
Speaker 3: We talk about real.
Speaker 1: Get no, you had Korea. Correa was too swaggy for here. And look at where he ended up at the store, your store. At the end of the day, I go to the door store that you know what you've never heard?
Speaker 4: You've never heard that quote from Carlos Korea. He goes, yes, I love it here, you know. I go to the Dior store. I see something I like and I buy it at the Deort store.
Speaker 3: And it was.
Speaker 1: Because he so he had just come out of Houston. The Giants were going to sign him to the same contract value as the Twins, and then the giants saw something and said never mind. And then he goes and he conned the Twins out of all the money.
Speaker 4: Literally all of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fine, everything's fine. It's not it's just I'm just trying to be nice.
Speaker 4: It's just not going to be a good year for the Twins.
Speaker 3: Well, you're going with sixty two.
Speaker 4: They have another booboo manager.
Speaker 3: You're going sixty two, Wins. Sam's going seventy two. I'm going sixty five wins. I gotta text everybody else to figure out what they want, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be I just think.
Speaker 1: What's crazy is the White Sox will probably be worse.
Speaker 4: Nope, I said the White Sox will finish better than Twins.
Speaker 1: I think they finished. I don't know that I do. It's such a bad organization.
Speaker 4: Do you know how many Twins games I suffered through last year?
Speaker 3: Me too.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying it's not achievable, but.
Speaker 4: I you know what, I I think the White Sox are.
Speaker 1: Going to be better. So who's winning the division?
Speaker 3: Tigers?
Speaker 1: I think the Tigers are Tigers. I actually think it's gonna.
Speaker 4: Go Detroitay absolutely choke it.
Speaker 1: Which could happen, because that's hey, you got you got the second The second half of last year was the worst, the worst feeling I've felt since getting swept in the World Series. That was so bad. No, the Tigers didn't make it five they.
Speaker 3: Got well, oh no, sorry, I think of the White Sox.
Speaker 1: They got swept. They got swept in fourteen, and they got swept in O six. The Cardinals swept him in O six, and then the and then they got swept by the Giants. Shout out Joey who texted me about who texted me about Verlander yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's a great pick up for them because he's, yeah, not really slowing down.
Speaker 1: So Casey Mayes, who was the number one overall pick, has been disgusting. He's not very good. I don't personally like him. The guy that was most excited to watch this year, Ryse Olsen, laboram surgery, so he's fucked for the rest of his career. They say he's gonna miss a year, but I've just never seen Labram's heels.
Speaker 4: Speaking of surgeries, you see uh three hamm eye bones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's also it just Twitter is fucking wild, right, I mean it happens like you're still getting on just read it.
Speaker 3: I mean another read right now, but like it's fucking wild.
Speaker 1: Lind Or. You know what though about Lindor is he's a switch hitter, isn't he? Yes, so he'll be I mean, Hammy is not that bad. It's like six weeks and then you do four weeks of Lindor and Corbyn Carroll Corbyn, Carroll Corbyn Carroll, Uh, fantastic baseball player. Anomaly baseball player because he like just the way he swings and like the way he plays. You're just like, that's weird, but it's so good. I mean, Jeffrey getting gaslighted.
Speaker 3: It's so bad right now, I don't like it at all.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's getting bananas on Twitter for be really sports and one of our colleagues not right now anyways. Speaking of the Minnesota Twins, ten sweitz Are is gonna have his show, but his podcast is gonna be come back. He's gonna do a couple for the UH spring training and then he's gonna do I think it's every week again for for the Twins, depending how they go, which I don't blame him. We like did do a lot of them, but they start doing really shitty.
Speaker 4: So how how can you unless you're me, I can talk about how shitty they are.
Speaker 3: I know you're the greatest.
Speaker 1: So who's selling tickets for the Twins right now?
Speaker 3: Twins?
Speaker 1: Like? Who?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 1: Who's gonna go watch? Who are they gonna go watch?
Speaker 3: I mean they're free, I'll go.
Speaker 2: No, like.
Speaker 3: You you might actually know nobody, nobody, do you know?
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, maybe go watching Joe Ryan's start, But again, is that really worth it? It could be he's not winning a Sai hung that's the thing, But.
Speaker 3: Could he? No? All right, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 4: Pitches in the same division as Scoobale.
Speaker 3: Let's move on. We gotta get Yeah. The next one is the Olympics are still going on. I think we got through our first week of the Olympics already. Hard what happened? Do you want some sad music?
Speaker 4: The mixed doubles curling team lost the gold medal game to uh who are they playing?
Speaker 3: Sweets? Probably they're pretty good at ship.
Speaker 4: In Sweden it was another Scandinavian.
Speaker 3: Team, Norway, damn throw?
Speaker 4: Who was it? Dumbass? Wasn't Finland? Either way, they lost and it was heartbreaking to see they were They were from Deluge, so that it was an easy, easy team to root for. Yeah, yeah, just a bummer.
Speaker 1: Well it's a metal count right now. Norway is number one at Fortner. Well, I guess in terms of gold Norway's the number one with seven. Italy has six, the United States has four. I mean, is there some sort of home cooking here with the Italians?
Speaker 4: I was just about to ask, what's an Italian winter?
Speaker 1: Even like I just while it's right now, So I mean, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think it's cold, is it?
Speaker 1: It's semi Mediterranean as how I would say, hmm, interesting.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're not wrong.
Speaker 1: I mean it's it's snowy.
Speaker 4: I just like the Olympics because it gives me an excuse to watch sports I know nothing about and trying deep dive.
Speaker 3: Into a big apparently watch anything. Only think I've been able to watch, like the skiing and like the last like seeing.
Speaker 4: I don't like, I don't I don't love the snowboarding ship and.
Speaker 1: Like the I'm not a Winter Olympics guy.
Speaker 4: No, give me the Summer Olympics over the winter.
Speaker 3: You see that flag football is coming next from the Summer Olympics.
Speaker 4: I don't want to watch a bunch of nflers go tear their a c l overseas well.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're gonna be NFL maybe old.
Speaker 1: But see that's the thing. Is just reminds me of the Pro Bowl and how dumb the NFL has got.
Speaker 4: But like, let's let's.
Speaker 3: Think say anything like any like NHL player that plays for Olympics.
Speaker 4: For hockey that's so different not really still get hurt they sure can, but there's something different. They're playing the sport that they do professionally, NBA, they are playing the sport that they do professionally, and and the flight football is just not even a real sport.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's something about it's not it's.
Speaker 4: Not a sport.
Speaker 3: It's going to be.
Speaker 1: It's it's a dumb one, full contact football.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're right, I want that too.
Speaker 4: Well, then why are you telling me that that's a stupid hot take?
Speaker 3: But it's it can also be a sport too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could go dice up some scrubs in the in the middle of a field too. Let's not forget what I did.
Speaker 1: I mean, you want to watch you want to watch the Latvians play flag football?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, they're gonna kill they, We're gonna torch them. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Why is that fun? American football?
Speaker 1: We invented it.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, in the northern part of Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Everyone else is going to be out there trying to play rugby without contact.
Speaker 1: It's just baseball is in the Olympics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 4: Flag football just seems a little communist to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, like all of the Pro Bowl stuff is it's like Pro Bowls. It's like, like the MLB should go back to the All Star Game meaning something. It should mean home field advantage. It should really should because is like has it? Has it always been? They go two games back and forth and in game seven it's always been like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, but uh, I got really into the luge today.
Speaker 9: That was fun.
Speaker 1: Bob setting sick.
Speaker 4: I mean, I literally, I just I was trying to watch the snowboarding one, like where they just go off the big jump, you know, yep, and it's like they again are just making words up.
Speaker 1: Well, we all only cared because of.
Speaker 4: Sean White yep, correct, and now there's no one like that, so it doesn't even matter until someone starts absolutely dominating it then people can care again. Yeah yeah, but I just think.
Speaker 1: I mean, have you heard about uh, I don't even know what the sports called, but it's the ski jump where they like fly really far.
Speaker 4: Eddie, Well that's not what it's called, but that's what he did, Like the Hugh Jackman's in the movie with Tarr Tarran Edgarton.
Speaker 1: Whatever it is, they go off a steep hill and then they fly with skis. All right, well these guys, yeah, yeah, like the high jump for skiing, whatever it's called. These guys have been injecting acid in their penises. I did here to enlarge them so that they get extra centimeters quote unquote unquote centimeters in their package, so that they get extra surface area on their suit.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: And apparently it can add like six ft the lift you get.
Speaker 1: It's like a crazy amount. Like it's the dumbest thing.
Speaker 4: With no major health effects. So if you wanted to, oh, well, I'm just letting people a website.
Speaker 1: No, I know a guy joined ski jumping.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we quit wednesday. We quit wednesday bowling to uh to pursue our ski jumping. You didn't have to say that, Sam.
Speaker 1: I mean, that was big news for the Olympics.
Speaker 4: It was and completely legal up until now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I suppose they've been getting away with it for a while. No, but like, could you imagine being the guy to call that out whistle blower? Like, hey, uh, can.
Speaker 4: You imagine some guy from last Olympics right there, they're in the locker room shower probably it was, and he just looks down at a guy and goes, he goes, no way, no, that was you're doing something. Yeah, I think I would remember that.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: I don't know how they did find that out.
Speaker 3: Though, you're gonna do some investigation, some investigation.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna hop on a flight, don't really and sniff my way into a Locke.
Speaker 1: Hello, just don't use, don't use, AI had figured.
Speaker 4: Yeah, such a direct shot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, little, Yeah, that's fine, that's it. We're having a good time. Fine, it's fine.
Speaker 4: Anyway. Olympics, scho U s A next one. Let's get into a n.
Speaker 3: D s U football So they are ind the Mountain West. There was talk that they were gonna have uh stop, go to State Montana Montana State and then uh some there's another team in there.
Speaker 1: But maybe you and he has been good recently.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like like back in the day, how st S and nd SU had to come up to the f C at yes, yes, yes, uh it was a packaged deal to bring them both up. That was back in five oh six, I think because I remember that story. But yeah, now now NSU going its own way. Obviously, you can't fund the whole fucking thing to move. I mean, the basketball basketball team has really good. They're in the really good Summit League. It's always pretty solid for.
Speaker 1: Basketball baseball's had a lot of success recently and some too where Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Summit League's bad for college baseball.
Speaker 1: Though, yeah, but I mean like, but I mean got to give it to the Bison. They went down and they took l s U to eight innings. Like Jay Johnson even said it himself, like the Bison came down, they were beating his ass and he had to come back. Recently they've been really good and then they've just been getting gutted. You know what transfer portal.
Speaker 4: As a huge NDSU Bison fan.
Speaker 3: My long time, longtime fan, a long, long time lifelong.
Speaker 4: I I don't know how they're gonna do. I I can't see into the future. I don't have the crystal ball, But my god, do I hope that they have like the most mediocre, like one game above five hundred season. We'd be such a reality check for those scumbag Bison fans.
Speaker 1: They're in the conference with with the troops. They got air force there.
Speaker 4: Some of the troops they ain't beat in the academy.
Speaker 1: The troops run the triple option.
Speaker 4: Yea, they haven't seen that.
Speaker 1: And it's not it's I hate to be that guy, but it's not the FCS triple option correct and then they got my Cowboys go pokeso.
Speaker 3: Oklahoma State.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not bought it on that. I love the why Iming Cowboys. My uncle went there, so it's not just Josh Allen sick Jerseys. Yeah, I was War Memorial. I've been on the middle of that field, Warmorial Stadium.
Speaker 4: No. I just really hope that they don't compete for anything that's tough.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: No, I hate nd s U. I hate their fans, and they've been sitting They've been sitting here on that fucking high horse for so long, and it's time to get get back down to reality. Like, I can't wait to watch them go get waxed.
Speaker 1: By states there beating this.
Speaker 4: Random team and then be like, you guys didn't beat my Gophers this year.
Speaker 3: Get hell.
Speaker 1: The Rainbow Warriors are in there.
Speaker 3: They're not really good though.
Speaker 1: There they were good this year. They were really good. They beat cal cow Is not that good, but.
Speaker 3: Gophers barely beat So that tells you something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nd SU Air Force bois State, Colorado State.
Speaker 4: Your Rams. I've actually been a lifelong fan the Colorado State Rams. I have multiple hats.
Speaker 1: Which is crazy of you because I'm a Wyoming guy. The Border war Hawaii Rainbow Warriors, Nevada Wolfpack, New Mexico, the Lobos, San Diego State, San Jose State, UNLV, Utah State in Wyoming, and then they just this starting this year they added UTEP, who's pretty good.
Speaker 4: How mad do you think these other teams are? They got to travel to fucking far.
Speaker 3: At least you're in a dome.
Speaker 1: We I mean, I guess I bet your people. I bet you. The UNLV guys have never heard of Fargo, North Dakota, never have Northern Illinois and NDSU.
Speaker 4: Or I think you think anyone on that Rainbow Warriors.
Speaker 3: God, Scott, Scott's just chined in random squirrel interjection. Congratsuate Hiving Boys Hockey on getting number one seed over Hermantown for Section playoffs.
Speaker 1: Jackets go Blue jack Blue Jackets, got a hell of a squad again. And chishm Chism Hiving Chism.
Speaker 4: They are good. They are good. They've been ranked like either one or two all year. They're good.
Speaker 3: Graduations the girls here in Bimigi for advancing to the state as well too. So anyways, uh shout.
Speaker 1: That Sandford basketball thing.
Speaker 3: Too, that was so I really was going to go to that tomorrow night, but I got other plans happening tomorrow night. No, not neither of that's happening.
Speaker 4: Comfy chair, co chair.
Speaker 3: I got a chair. I got a chair. It is decided. Yeah, no, I've not going to that. I was. I really wanted to. Ryan asked me, and I was like, I'll do be really sweet to go do some announcing for uh for them. But I got too much. I got that ship going on to Plus, I'm coming back from Brainer tomorrow and still working and I don't nothing. I'm gonna be too tired. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Into the Super Sorry, Big Game recap. Big Game, Big Game recap. It was one of the most boring football games.
Speaker 3: I was over at Scott's house. Didn't really watch a lot of it. I was more on my phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was awful.
Speaker 4: That's the consensus about even even the Super Bowl commercials were it was all just AI.
Speaker 3: A lot of it was a lot of AI and crypto AI is going to be.
Speaker 4: Like I think I only saw like two or three beer commercials.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sucked was the first one.
Speaker 3: I won.
Speaker 1: Budweiser did one, Budweiser and bud Light and.
Speaker 3: Bus had three.
Speaker 1: Of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Wow, not a whole lot of car commercials. There wasn't. There wasn't a Ford, GMC or Chevy commercial.
Speaker 9: There was two Lays Lays won It Lays one.
Speaker 3: Oh god, Matt Matt on his Matt on his phone. I'd be more shocking if he wasn't on his phone.
Speaker 1: That's true, just like Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: No, it's not bringing that up.
Speaker 4: We're bringing it up.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: By the way, you didn't compliment me or Sam on our haircuts.
Speaker 3: You have the haircuts. Well you're both you're wearing hats, so it's kind of hard to know and whip it off. Let's see it.
Speaker 1: Well, I only cut off seven inches of hair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just went for a trim.
Speaker 3: So I love it the hair wave.
Speaker 4: I just went for a trim, Like I said.
Speaker 3: See that a boy, Sam, you got that stuff of Roland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it was. It's actually incredibly cold right now, oh, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I only cut off an inch and a half, And I was like, God, this, I feel naked.
Speaker 3: You should should grow a beard or just kid. Maybe you do have the good stashes rolling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been looking all right lately.
Speaker 3: Keep it going. Yeah, yeah, I try to music's fine.
Speaker 1: Travis is rocking to go tat right now.
Speaker 4: I I fucked up shaving my neck yesterday. I was like, so, I was like, yeah, we're just gonna We're just gonna do this.
Speaker 3: That's happened where I went too far. I'm like, well, we're gonna blend out then.
Speaker 4: Nothing worse, nothing worse, you know how carefully I have to trim my mustache in order to not fuck that up because that is my entire.
Speaker 1: Look it, last time you didn't have a mustache.
Speaker 4: August two years ago. I'm not kidding you for a job interview. I shaved it off.
Speaker 1: That's right, Yeah you did.
Speaker 4: That is the last time. I hate that. I knew that off the top of my head.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Anyways, you used to shave it off in college, right because I.
Speaker 4: Couldn't like actually grow one. And it was it was the definition of just a ship stash. And now it's like just.
Speaker 1: A ship stashes are so in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's so in. I've been ahead of the game.
Speaker 1: You just look around TikTok and nothing nothing. People have ship stashes all the time.
Speaker 4: Now, Yeah, it's vibe. But a Super Bowl kind of sucked. My Seahawks did win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the underhit which was insane. Oh my god, that was all went over Yeah, yeah everybody because it was what forty six and we were like hammer that. Yeah, the number two offense Yeah, like.
Speaker 3: Snoresville.
Speaker 4: It was just a terrible football game. And I am I am very upset with the NFL.
Speaker 3: What else is now.
Speaker 4: There? The Seahawks kicker should have won MVP. I thought that Scott he single handedly outscored the other team. Yes, and everyone's like, well, how did they get there? Blah blah blah. Still had to make the kicks.
Speaker 3: Scott says the same thing at his house, like on the app, on the NFL app, it did not have like for a Super Bowl, like who do you think is going to be a Super MVP? And it should have been the kicker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it should have been. Kenneth Walker probably deserved it too.
Speaker 3: I guess over one hundred yards, I think yeah. But Scott said, just wait till your kids. Wait. They have kids in they're eight and twelve, and and you had never had a clean, clean face, like shaving babyface. H Kennedy has yet to ever see him with the clean shave I showed. She was like, don't ever do that.
Speaker 1: All right, I've known my dad.
Speaker 4: I don't think anyone will ever see me with a cleanly shaven face ever again. I look like I'm twelve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've known my dad for twenty six years. I've never seen him without a mustache.
Speaker 4: Seeing crazy because I've known my dad for twenty seven years and I have only seen him with a beard every dear season.
Speaker 1: Oh I've actually I've known Tim now for three years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's always cleanly shaven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, good for him.
Speaker 4: That's just way more effort than I'm willing to put forth.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the salesman in him, though, old school sales.
Speaker 3: Old school.
Speaker 4: You're right, You're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would never catch an old school salesman like you think like they'd be a beard. Are you kidding me? No one's gonna buy anything from you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're gonna be like, who's this guy they just hired off the streep.
Speaker 3: I mean that's what I I do, just fine with doing my stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could probably do though, you could probably do better.
Speaker 1: I mean we're clean. You should see it. Bowling old heads that just grab a random shirt out of their dress. The shirt come in the shirt.
Speaker 3: Hold on, we'll get into that here in a second. Geez, Okay, let's get into it now. Okay, this is not nom this is bowling, all right. So our bowling update for the Silver Bullet session.
Speaker 4: For those of you that don't know, we're in a bowling league every Wednesday. It's a thirty week league and we take it very seriously.
Speaker 3: Well pretty s being the ski jumping league, right.
Speaker 4: We did just recently retire after last week retirement tour. Anyway, Sam go on about this shirt and what the shirt said, going off of like old guys literally will just take a shirt out of their closet or draw whatever. It's not even a shirt. You should hang up. It wasn't a polo. It was a key shirt.
Speaker 1: And definitely a dress her shirt yep.
Speaker 4: And they tuck it in with jeans, yep. They tuck it in, no belt. They tuck it in, no belt.
Speaker 1: It was like an O D green with yellow lettering that said wouldn't you like to know?
Speaker 9: And some like some some weird symbol, weird symbol.
Speaker 4: But it just said wouldn't you like to know? And he had the audacity to tuck that shirt into his jeans with no belt.
Speaker 1: No, he had a belt, did he He had a belt?
Speaker 4: That might make it worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was gonna say navy jeans and an O D green shirt.
Speaker 4: Crazy, but uh, it's crazy. The style.
Speaker 1: You just can't take any shirt and tuck it in. Yeah, you got a match, right, Yeah, there's shirts you tuck in and with your shirts that you can't.
Speaker 4: The thing I think of is a shirt with a collar, you tuck that in. Yep, a shirt without a collar. In other words, a fucking T shirt. The only exception you get is if you're wearing suspenders with those jeans, then you can tuck in your T shirt.
Speaker 3: Brilliant.
Speaker 4: And if you're also wearing suspenders, fuck fuck you. Why there's a guy at bowler wearing suspenders.
Speaker 1: He was bowling in we don't know, we don't know. We don't name dam in suspenders.
Speaker 3: But no.
Speaker 4: The bowling update was it was fucking awful.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 4: We lit the world on fire last week, beat the living breaks off a team and we're in second place and we are seven points behind the first place team, which is so manageable to catch up within a week. And yeah, I have the yips.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 4: I have the game two yips.
Speaker 3: Are bowling out of your mind in the first game, and then got.
Speaker 4: Even out of my mind. I bowled like a one fifty two the first game, which is well below my average, and then I bowled like a fucking like a one twenty four game two, and I was just happy to break one hundred. Then came back strong with the one eighty two and still lost.
Speaker 1: Injuries.
Speaker 4: I think about it every time my elbow hurts. I'm like, can you imagine how good of a bowler I could be if I didn't tear my a c L.
Speaker 1: I mean, I had my in I could have I could have beat my guy Game one and knee locked up mid throw, threw it in the gutter and I was like.
Speaker 3: Did you get PTSD?
Speaker 1: No, it just fucking hurt.
Speaker 4: I almost I almost committed an over the line follower.
Speaker 1: Because you're one of those sliding guys.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I'm an a and I stuck.
Speaker 1: It's probably than me you slide.
Speaker 4: I stuck on the sticky spot and it's on my surgically repaired knee.
Speaker 1: What happened your artificial al and you probably have an ai ne.
Speaker 4: Kinda yeah, I mean kinda, but stuck turned on it and I had to look down at my feet because like, I've never committed an over the line foul, and that would have been the most embarrassing thing. And I know they were the type of team they were playing. That would be like he went over the line from the back table. No, no, I just remember I came back and I'm like, nope, check my feet, did not commit a foul. Those those guys, some of those old heads take it way too seriously, to the point where sometimes some of them take it so seriously it actually will piss me off to the point I will then take it seriously and start yelling.
Speaker 3: And ship Scott asked, who is the bowler on the team that just rostered for their high high for their high handicap. Let me read that, who's the bowler on the team just rostered for their high handicap.
Speaker 4: That's that's our new that's our that's our new body that we have. He has like a ninety handicap or someone. But he still loses, which is okay because he's there for fun. He gets us a lot of points.
Speaker 3: Actually, good for him.
Speaker 4: He does. But he's a good time yeah, you know, not a good bowler. He but he tries and he doesn't bring the team down. Great guy, like I'll bring the team down.
Speaker 3: He's a great clubhouse guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, yeah, well, I mean like if he I guess he doesn't very often get blown out by.
Speaker 4: No, he's always pretty close.
Speaker 1: It's like a blowout for him is like fifty pins, which actually doesn't hurt us as much because he gets so many pins.
Speaker 4: Compared to when I get waxed by fifty pins like I did last night.
Speaker 1: Travis gets waxed by fifty seven pins.
Speaker 4: It's that one hurts.
Speaker 3: Travis gets waxed.
Speaker 4: Okay, you can't write that down for a show title. That is so out of context. We find out you're gonna have to put in bowling in parentheses. Good God anyway, bold like ship yesterday. Can't wait to get back on the lanes next week. Good I might go this weekend for something to do.
Speaker 1: It's gonna suck when it ends.
Speaker 4: Actually, what the fuck are we supposed to do? We're not playing softball this year.
Speaker 1: I'm not playing baseball or softball, and you're not good enough at bags to join a league. Never do that. I'm also not a darts guy.
Speaker 3: Seasons anyway, that's fun.
Speaker 4: We can start smoking cigarettes.
Speaker 3: Watching Captain Kangaroo.
Speaker 1: I was thinking, look, I need to find those lucy breakers.
Speaker 3: Bakers. Yeah, elaborate.
Speaker 1: It's like, have you ever had have you ever had a camel crush?
Speaker 3: They?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think there are they a barstool company.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. I think that barstool guys just like them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know either. Let's move on because I'm getting into a sour mood.
Speaker 3: Now, okay, this is one of the golf No.
Speaker 4: I do that enough. I'm not good enough to keep paying for golf. That is the craziest thing about it. That is the craziest thing about golf. You pay to suck at something. Yeah, Like, even if you're good at it, it's still the most frustrating planet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, scratch golfers that throw their clubs. Yes, all the time.
Speaker 3: Uh. This is the probably the Travis's favorite part. It's the public transaction.
Speaker 4: The public transaction on VENMO. So for those of you that don't know, this is one of our segments on the Silver Bullet sessions where me and Sam look at our VENMO timelines to look at people who are making public transactions to where anyone can see what you're paying someone for, and you shouldn't do it because of us, because it is crazy, the amount of things people will pay for and put something stupid for the reason they're paying it. Like Matt, you still have to vendmo me. By the way, how much I don't know fifteen bucks? So people will put like for example, And we don't name dropping this segment either, No, we don't. Someone woman to woman here paid someone. I can't see how much. But eight hours ago, said Perrogi's with a heart. Why why do we all have to know you paid them? That make it private? There is a private option for a reason, Sam, what do you got?
Speaker 1: Uh? This one? Just because of how crazy it was? It's still from it's from last week. But clutch for the kitty, Yeah, it is crazy.
Speaker 4: Clutch for the kitty, or like this person, birthday coffee? Love you. You can still say that privately, they'll still get that money. But you want people to see that you're paying someone for that birthday coffee. You want people to know that you're trying to be a good person, but little do you know, kind of being a scumbag about it? Yep, I am glad all the TikTok shop because I can pay, I can pay through venmo on that.
Speaker 9: There's quite a bit and mob updates a.
Speaker 4: Lot of Wi Fi slash water softener. Thanks, like, what do we what are we doing? Oh my god, speak of the devil. We have a wedding DJ deposit again. That is fiance to fiance.
Speaker 9: Popstroke and now we all know popstroke, pop Stroke.
Speaker 4: I've been to Popstroke before. That's Tiger Woods as mini golf course.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't know what that was.
Speaker 4: I've been there in Florida. It's actually it's actually Florida. I'm going back.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: It's cool if they have a QR code on every hole and you can put in your order, like your drink order, and they just bring it to that hole so you get logged up pretty quick. But uh, oh my god, some of these.
Speaker 1: Are just so too fucking drunk.
Speaker 3: F u k n yeah, Scott Scott said, how how do we feel about the new trend of venmo ing bachelor slash batcher at drink money? Fuck that?
Speaker 4: Like, if you if you weren't invited, listen, even if your friends, if you weren't invited, why are you paying them?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like if you were if you were invited but you couldn't go, right, give them like fifty bucks for what you would have spent whatever for the drinks you would have bought.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's fine and dandy, but again, it doesn't have to be public.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, the people that go around with like the Venmo name at on their like car that they're driving, crazy the newlywed thing.
Speaker 4: You know what pisses me off even more when a friend at a bachelor ratt party it's never the bachelor party, it's always the bachelorette party goes Venmo for the bride's drinks Tonight's and plugs their own Venmo account, not the bride's but their own.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh, I'm gonna give you twenty dollars because I think you're gonna buy her a drink tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, miss me with that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I It's the same thing with Instagram birthday story kind of deal, you know, like people repost them all the time, like it Sorry, it's like we we know you obviously have friends, and if we don't know you obviously have friends, probably don't care, but like we don't need to see that you are paying people for things and then putting dead on arrival for the reason you're paying.
Speaker 1: Here's one bus driver, move that bus exactly.
Speaker 4: You weren't on Home Improvement Extreme Homemakeover. Sorry, this is what.
Speaker 1: Happens tips had frost tips about that twice?
Speaker 3: Did you really twice?
Speaker 4: You didn't know that?
Speaker 3: I didn't know that, dude.
Speaker 1: You know what, here's one for playing mermaids. Yeah, public transaction.
Speaker 3: That was me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was drunk. No, I was. We were in Arizona.
Speaker 3: What you're playing mermaids for?
Speaker 4: See frosted Tips. You didn't even answer the question Frosted Tips. What a time that was?
Speaker 3: Answer the question? What what mermaids were you playing?
Speaker 4: Well, it was one of our best friend's wives that I was ven mowing. So it was a fun joke because we were in Arizona, sitting by a pool and she wanted money for food.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this whole segment about you, you.
Speaker 4: Know what, We all have lapses, man, We all have mental lapses at times. And was I under the influence of something?
Speaker 3: Sure, anybody could be here too.
Speaker 4: Here's one for no, you're not You're not ven moowing someone.
Speaker 1: Alien at a ransom at noon.
Speaker 4: On a Thursday under the influence.
Speaker 3: Could it's your function alcoholic?
Speaker 4: Well, anyway, let's move on now that I somehow got roped into us. Fine, well, no, that's bullshit, that's bullshit.
Speaker 3: Uh, let's go take a quick break. But when we come back, we're going to do Carl all right, misconnections. We're gonna do our draft. What else we have planned?
Speaker 4: Oh, hang on a second one, now, Sam got got one. He didn't do it himself, says but says the lord's work in parentheses, gambling and drinking.
Speaker 1: I cannot, yeah, see control when other people publicly transact me.
Speaker 4: No, that's just the September utilities. Thanks, I need it on September.
Speaker 3: Late.
Speaker 4: L you have so many wedding flights hard eyes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, wow, this is getting fucking deep.
Speaker 4: Geez. Anyways, he's good. Well, that's a good one. That's a good one. Anyway, let's go to bread.
Speaker 3: All right, So Wenna, come back. We're gonna do misconnections, our draft, anything else you can think of.
Speaker 4: I have one weird of the news.
Speaker 3: Okay, that works for me, to news of the news of the weird. All right, be back in a few minutes. You listen to beer Belly Sports with the Silver Bullet Session. I'm short that you know what I'm doing, and I'm drunk enough to really enjoy doing it. Beer Belly Sports Podcast, Hey brew, So, why are you loading your recliner ATV and a fridge into your truck?
Speaker 10: Because I just saved one hundred bucks at home choice in Bumigi use the promo code BBS as in Beer Belly Sports.
Speaker 3: Hold up, you actually use a promo code.
Speaker 10: Heck yeah, mention Beer Belly Sports in store and boom, one hundred bucks off your items.
Speaker 3: I'm heading there right now.
Speaker 5: Do they sell cageraraiders?
Speaker 10: Oh, They've got everything, furniture, appliances, electronics, you name it.
Speaker 1: Head to home choice in Bomigie today, use promo code BBS or Beer Belly Sports in store to get one hundred dollars off your purchase.
Speaker 11: People need to be entertained.
Speaker 4: They need the distraction.
Speaker 11: I wish to God that somebody would do something to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, voices that scream over and over. Why do they come to me to die? Why do they come to me to die?
Speaker 12: Okay, you're a freak with a microphone.
Speaker 4: This semi pro of sports radio Beer Belly Sports.
Speaker 8: This is Lewis from the Knob and Kettle Restaurant and Lounge, where we serve our smoked prime rib Wednesday through Saturday night along with our maid from scratch soups and desserts. Come enjoy one of our delicious appetizers like our smoke and poppers or our Walleye bites dipped in our own housemaid batter and served with our signature tartar sauce. On Thursday evenings, you can enjoy live music with Lous two miles east of a Taska State Park on Highway seventy one. We're open noon to nine Wednesday through Saturday, and we're ready to serve you. The Knob and Kettle Restaurant your prime destination.
Speaker 2: Take your next gathering legendary with Erbert and Gerbert's Catering. Why settle for the ordinary when you can have extraordinary SUPs and sides this holiday season. Take the worry out of your meal planning with Erbert and Gerbbert's Colossus boxes, giant soups, creamy mac and cheese and sides. It'll make everybody m smiling. Big groups, small groups, hungry groups. Take cater to the ball. Unwrapped the flavor with Erbert and Gerbbert this season and call it in or order online to make your holiday extra delicious. Herbert and Gribberts on the corner of fifteen ten Bimagi Avenue.
Speaker 12: Looking for fast and reliable internet service, choose Paul Buny Communications your local broadband cooperative. Switch today and choose from two great deals. Save twenty dollars a month on our gigabit Internet service for a full year, or get your first two months of internet service free, and both offers include a year of free gigazone Wi Fi service. Don't wait, switch to Paul Bunyon Communications powered by the gigazone. Sign up now at Paul Bunyon dot net or visit us in Bimigi or Grand Rapids. Some resriptions may apply call for details.
Speaker 3: So we're just gonna wing it. There's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens.
Speaker 1: Now, let's see what happens.
Speaker 5: So where is that Beerbelly Sports podcasts?
Speaker 10: Are you a fan of Minnesota sports? Do you need some Minnesota gear? If those are both a yes, go to Sodastick dot com to get your original Minnesota inspired goods. If you haven't seen this stuff yet, you gotta check it out. One of my favorites design is the Minnesota Moon by Randy Moss or the John Randall Hatton I'm actually wearing right now. All of their appail is designed and screenprinted here in Minnesota on super soft, super comfy shirts and hoodies.
Speaker 3: You'll love it.
Speaker 10: We're going to hook you up with fifteen percent off your next order. Use the promo code beer belly one word for fifteen percent off. That is a sodastick dot com designed by Minnesotan's for Minnesotans. Code beer Belly for fifteen percent off your next order.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Beerbally Sports. We're a week two to be SADI Pro Sportstock Finance mag Jeffrey. Along to my left.
Speaker 4: Is Travis Stuff goes and on the.
Speaker 3: Very far end as a man who's not here because he's destroying my bathroom. It is.
Speaker 4: There's nothing worse than a bar ship, But my god, does a Matthew Geffrey household ship have to be close?
Speaker 3: He walked out here, all right? Well you later, yea.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I got some news of the weird.
Speaker 3: I haven't find the news of the weird button for you, since I've added a few new buttons. I don't know where everything's at right now, kind of mixed up in yeah, fun ship. Yeah, let me find it real quick, dude, the hell is that there? It is?
Speaker 4: Anyway? This one comes to you from New Zealand. A serial underwear thief at New Zealand school identified as a cat Jesus So, a serial thief who has been stealing items including towels, shoes, and underwear from a New Zealand school for over a year, was finally caught on camera and identified as a literal cat burglar.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 4: I don't know what I don't even know what to say about that one. But uh, that's why you can't trust cats. That's why I don't cuss cussed traps, trust cats. Welcome back, Sam, Thanks, How was it everything come out?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got irregular needed to happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're back to even now. It is what you're saying, Paul.
Speaker 3: Strike, put an out, pouch in and just everything back to full striketh.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then this one, actually I saw on Facebook today. So couple arrested after pickleball brawl involving more than twenty people. Authorities said Jesus So, a Florida couple was arrested after the two were allegedly involved in a fight over pickleball that included about twenty people in Vlusha County. They are sixty three and fifty one years older, respectively, and said the fight happened Sunday at the Spruce Creek country Club. They even put their mugshots on there.
Speaker 1: Look at that.
Speaker 4: They look like, yeah, the dude looks like he means business too, Like he's wearing the one glove on his paddle hand.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's the he's the guy who's like.
Speaker 4: Yeah twenty the the guy faces charges of aggravated battery causing bodily harm and two counts of battery on a person sixty five or older jow. And then the wife is charged with battery on a person sixty five year older as well. The couple is now out on bond. Yes, yeah, that is that is crazy crazy work. Oh my god. Missing pet snow found another neighbor's compost fifteen months later. A pet snake that escaped from its owner's home in England was found fifteen months later, living comfortably under a neighbor's compost heap.
Speaker 1: Full of fish and chips.
Speaker 4: The man said, is his pet milk snake escaped from his reptile His pet milk snake. That's what kind of snake it was.
Speaker 3: Was a milk snake.
Speaker 4: Escaped from his reptile room in Donnington, Lincolnshire. Yeah, checks out. This guy a reptile room. And he was shocked to see photos of the serpent on social media. Fifteen months later, Oh my gout. So they posted on Facebook and said, is anyone missing a pet snake? We have found this under our compost heap in Donnington? What is a compost heap? Is that just a ship pile?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I know what, I know what compost is, but a heap of it.
Speaker 3: I feels like you're grass and leaves and all the shit. It's like in a pile. No, no, no.
Speaker 4: And then the man told BBC the News, the news that was reporting this, BBC checks out. There was a little inkling in my head. I was like, that's exactly the same snake that went missing a year ago. And then when I got there, I was like, yeah, that's my snake. The markings and deforming on its tail, which I knew was my snake right away, and uh snake appears to be in good health. For those of you that were wondering and had likely found plenty of food in its neighbor's garden.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 4: It's heartwarming. There's hope out there for if anyone does lose an animal, any reptile. It's nice that it has survived and has come back to its proper home. That's the news of the weird that that is. I didn't like reading that one. I didn't Matt, what are you gotten next?
Speaker 3: Next? We are going to do we're miss connections about that. I don't have a lot of them, but I did a few of them.
Speaker 4: So it's the most frustrating part of the show.
Speaker 5: Frustrating not even listening.
Speaker 3: To Matt Reid.
Speaker 4: The ship people will actually put on redda is mind is all right?
Speaker 3: First one, thanks for stopping on the old intro for it. Guys, appreciate it. Sorry, No, I's sorry, we had pass it right. Yeah. First one, the stupidest misconnection imaginable. We were sitting next to each other on the l and you were playing with your color Stress cube the Love that Love. I love the brand and told you about their New Model. It was love at first sight. It probably wasn't. I think we were both autistic. I wanted to ask for your number at the end of our conversation. Don't look at me like that. But was it a rush to get off at my stop? Anyways, I miss you and this might be might be destiny. So message me on the off chance you see this, or if anyone knows a girl with the blonde braids, robber lad Bow's headphones and stressed cubes here way I can hear it too, Send their way. I owe them, I owe you the world.
Speaker 4: I bleed the fifth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have nothing.
Speaker 4: I have nothing to say about that except we need to get you on that Australian show on Netflix. No, do you know exactly who?
Speaker 3: What? That? Fine is? What? Yeah? Fine ish fin?
Speaker 4: I Like I said, I have no comment.
Speaker 3: I don't legend. You know.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of times that I won't bite my tongue. This is not even one of those because I don't have words for it.
Speaker 3: Good moving on, Yeah, next one misconnection. Someone on here two to three years ago you posted a picture of your walk or your walks on here. I think you had a dog. You messaged me directly about something I posted. We chatted, I misgendered you, you threatened to cancel me. You turn out to be English woman with a sense of humor. We messaged back back and forth for a while until you asked me to hear my voice and call me. I said it wouldn't be appropriate as I was in a relationship. You sent me your Instagram handle, then deleted all your comments and profile on here. My brothership has collapsed this year and I'm very strange. I'm in a very strange place. Now. I've lost your Instagram handle and the chat log has disappeared.
Speaker 4: Probably got blocked, probably on the off.
Speaker 3: Chance that was still post. All the off chance that you still post here, drop me a line if you're interested and want to talk.
Speaker 5: That's that's tough that, I mean, what are we doing?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: This is why I hate this segment? Like what are we doing here?
Speaker 3: Scott City has plenty of comments. I bet you do this one up in Winnipeg Misconnections Mail thirty one. This is a long shot, Bud. Yeah, here we go. We met around January fifteenth at the Safeway pharmacy in the North End. You were just trying to use a blood pressure machine and a security guard decided to go on a weird power trip. Thanks guys on a weird power trip and harass you for no reason. After we started talking and ended up chatting for a bit and I walked you home. You were cool, easy to talk to, and memorable in your shortness.
Speaker 4: Laughing face emoji talking Canadians.
Speaker 3: Man. For the reasons I don't understand. My brain completely forgot that phones and phone numbers are a thing, so I never asked for your contact info. If this sounds like you, and you remember the random person who walked you home and vanished like an idiot, say, Hi, you know what, it would be nice to hang out with you? Probably no, I remember it safely.
Speaker 4: I was like, Jesus, No, that guy is so in love he couldn't even get her number. Like that's how in love he was a guy.
Speaker 3: Good for him, good for him. Next one, bad.
Speaker 4: For him, but good for him.
Speaker 3: Next one. This is now in Minnesota, girl a clear like dental and eating prairie God, Damn, I always hate it. That's like usually an hour like thing, just like dies on me, not dead air, just like like any other like audio behind and no beds happening or back to misconnections. Where is it here?
Speaker 2: We go?
Speaker 3: Delaware, Delaware? Yeah, Wayne's World. I love Wayne's world too. Scott was like, do you what do you say? Delaware? Am I?
Speaker 4: God, you've never seen anyway? Back to uh? Where were we clear Lake?
Speaker 3: We were in clear like we just started. Girl at clear Lake Dental in Eden Prairie on January twenty second, at four pm. I was looking for a girl who looked twenties or thirty years old. I was sitting in a waiting room at the same time. I was at the clear Lake Dental in Eden Prairie on Thursday, January twenty second, shortly before four pm. I know her first name, but I'm not writing it on here for privacy reasons. He y. We were both sitting in the waiting room for several minutes waiting for our appointments. Then the dentist opened the door and called for you. I thought you were good looking and I wanted to talk to you, but I shied away. If this is you and I, and if you happen to see this post, feel freely to reply. I'm interested in talking to you and getting to know you for friendship or relationship. Okay, no, you know what.
Speaker 4: This guy's off to a better start than most of the people. He had a place, a date, and a time. Granted, granted, it's a little creepy that.
Speaker 3: He had everything down perfectly a little.
Speaker 4: Bit, but also how he remembered the person's name in a waiting room like this. This gal must have been.
Speaker 3: She's the one, must have been something something a banger.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I mean good for him again. If you knew her name, you could probably find her in a different way than Reddit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: How many misconnections actually get follow You know a lot of people ask that too, and there more than you'd think, more than I'd like more.
Speaker 3: We have read a few, uh misconnections that got connected. No ship, we have read a few of them.
Speaker 4: God that's sick name.
Speaker 3: Baiting shop, chop chick, same hat in backster, question mark Baxter Baxter rolling roll into town. I'm sorry, I rolled into town this morning to fish, stopped and got baited up at at three seventy one, I think and saw you turned you turned around and had me had had the same repella hat for Paula. Scott's gonna grow me on that one. Jeff, No, you look like you were cool and fun chick to know you had you. Yeah, you got a scoop of windows and I was behind you in line to check out.
Speaker 4: You should have.
Speaker 3: You should come fish this weekend if you want to see this. Oh yeah, let's go.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you know what popped into my head, And this happens with a lot of these. I try and picture the person posting this, and you're at a bait shop in Baxter and and I'm sitting highway and I'm sitting there like trying trying to picture this guy who goes Reddit's a good idea?
Speaker 3: Fuck it?
Speaker 4: And you know what he he never looks as good as I think either. I bet oh got it.
Speaker 3: That is sickening this keyboard typing.
Speaker 4: And how long do you think he waited to post that?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 4: Like thirty seconds after? Like he got in his track told the boys in the back like hang on. He was the one driving, and he goes, hang on, I gotta make a Reddit post.
Speaker 1: And then I was gonna say, this guy's on Reddit.
Speaker 3: No, this is Craigslist. Oh are on Craigslist.
Speaker 1: So he's forty seven years old minimum, I.
Speaker 4: Would say probably fifty three. I picture him wearing.
Speaker 1: People still sell things on Craigslist.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: Crazy?
Speaker 3: Uh? Scott said Bruce, and I looked up once. I think it was one to ten of one percent of small figure of quote unquote misconnected connected connection.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I just one out of ten is not bad for posting on Reddit. You would probably take that same ratio on Tinder.
Speaker 3: Do what you gotta do?
Speaker 4: One of ten.
Speaker 3: Don't get me fishing right now. I'm fishing right now.
Speaker 4: Go meet the bait shop back.
Speaker 3: I do have to go down a Brainer tomorrow. I might have to. You should, Can you know, lady?
Speaker 4: Can you go Facebook live from there? It's like, do some investigative.
Speaker 3: Work marcore investigator.
Speaker 4: Do you remember a girl and a guy wearing the same hat as you would if I?
Speaker 3: And what if found?
Speaker 4: What if the checkout lady was like, yeah, she lives like three doors down?
Speaker 3: You have to go knock at five in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: No, what do you mean? No?
Speaker 4: Do it for the plot?
Speaker 3: Do for the plot for the show? Do for the entertainment value? Exactly?
Speaker 4: Would I tune in? Probably not?
Speaker 3: But will it be recorded?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 4: Will I watch it? I'll be up yeah, not died anyway, Moving on, moved on.
Speaker 3: A cool.
Speaker 4: Cool, Sam, You're going to the box.
Speaker 3: I think, all right, you are going to the box?
Speaker 4: Is that what's next?
Speaker 3: Uh? It is? It is a whiskipedia. So people do not know what whiskey Pedia is. Uh. This is where we play a game where it's not what we know, it's what Sam knows.
Speaker 1: Which is a lot.
Speaker 3: Wow, humble fucking brag. Do you want to do five? We want to do ten questions right now, we're doing really good on time. Do ten? Ten? Shut that door on the way out, thank you.
Speaker 4: Well, Uh, I'll send you a tweet when you can come back. Funk off serry post.
Speaker 3: All right, So again, this is not what we know, it's what Sam knows. Now these are some old questions too, by the way. Okay, first one, if this player had never scored a single goal, he would still be a NHL All times points leader, which with his assists alone, it is correct.
Speaker 4: Wayne Glensky, Glensky.
Speaker 3: Glensky is at that one lady from.
Speaker 4: No it's from a vine. Oh, oh my god, is that Wayne Glenski. It's a dude that can barely skate and it's like, oh my god, it's Wayne Glanski because he's wearing a grat Ski Jersey, I got you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyways, yes it is Wayne Gretzky. Next, next questions, Uh, the silhouette of the official NBA logo is the Jerry West? That is correct?
Speaker 1: Two for two?
Speaker 3: Who is the who is the astronaut that said wil Armstrong?
Speaker 4: Three for three?
Speaker 3: How many Elvis won? How many Grammys?
Speaker 4: I feel like this is a trick question. Grammys weren't the thing back then.
Speaker 3: So zero three?
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, I was going to guess four. That was my other guess. I don't know. You gotta remember Elvis was before my time.
Speaker 3: I'm aware of this.
Speaker 4: That's obviously.
Speaker 3: Fear of computers or technology is what.
Speaker 4: Technophobia close cyberphobia. If it was the internet, I could have got that.
Speaker 3: Probably this one. I'll give you closer to one hundred. Okay about blank grapes go into one bottle of wine? Wait? What about blank grapes go into one bottle of wine?
Speaker 4: I thought you said grapes, oh, like as in what you bury someone? No, seventy three ooh not even close seven hundred Wait you said closest to one hundred.
Speaker 3: Like like from like a hundred.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, those bag that's that's on you, but also more on me. I'll put the hand up on that.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh yeah, three so far yep. The sand castle in the largest sand castle in the world measured blank feet high, give you closest. Ten seventy eight fifty four. Doctor Seuss wrote this story on a bet. What is that story?
Speaker 4: Green eggs in hand?
Speaker 3: That is correct? What is the what is the only only bird that can fly backwards? This was a tough one.
Speaker 4: Is it like a well known bird? Yes, okay, I'm gonna go with the humming bird.
Speaker 3: That is absolutely correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's five, by the way.
Speaker 3: Last one, what is the main profession of the Nintendo character Luigi?
Speaker 4: What is the main professional's brother?
Speaker 3: What is what was his profession? What is the main profession of Nintendo's character Luigi.
Speaker 5: Plumber?
Speaker 3: That is correct? What?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Shut up, yeah it is. You didn't know there were plumbers? Oh my god, you're fucking killing me. All right. Anyways, that was really good. Imps, that was really good. I'm really proud of you on that one. Yeah, he didn't bad and eye like, fuck got this ship? Anyways. Oh yeah, we're mixing bull shows today. We're doing Silver Bullet, the Silver Bullet Session and be really sports and it's just me, Travis and Sam tonight. So it's a mix of bull shows, which has been the.
Speaker 4: Same crew that's here for Silver Bullets.
Speaker 3: Basically, that's just I don't talk as much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're just producing your little heart out. Yeah, anyway, let's get into it.
Speaker 3: Sam's best, all right, all right, So let me find the button for this one. All right, Sam, Again, it's not what we know, that's what you know. There's ten of them, how many? How do you think you'll get?
Speaker 4: Four?
Speaker 3: Four? Okay, all right, First one. If this player has never scored a single goal, he would still be the NHL all time points later with his assists, which is a whopping number of one hundred and sixty or one thousand and sixty three.
Speaker 4: Arizona State of Hockey.
Speaker 1: Shane Down.
Speaker 3: Answer is Wayne Gretzky.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, the guy that said I know a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not about hockey. Doesn't matter what it doesn't matter what we know. Well, you know I know a lot. Fucking pendic. Oh so we got to do a draft too, don't forget about that. That'll be the last part. Second question. The silhouette of the official NBA logo is Los Angeles Lakers guard.
Speaker 4: Nicknamed the logo.
Speaker 1: Hockey and basketball suck, So gonna get better, Magic Johnson.
Speaker 4: Jesus. By the way, those first two Matt didn't even have to finish reading the questions.
Speaker 1: For me to get well sad, Really, I've given you my top five in the NBA. True, it's five, Chauncey Billups.
Speaker 3: All right? Number three? Who is the who is the old? Who's the art? Who is the astronaut? That said? One small step from man.
Speaker 4: You ship?
Speaker 3: Buzz Neil Armstrong? Are you fucking kidding me?
Speaker 4: I went to college like the moon landing was fake for one, but like everyone knows Neil Armstrong, Oh my god, Buzz Aldrin was the one that like never stepped foot on the moon. He was the one in the in the shuttle orbiting around the moon. I think anyway, could be right, could be wrong.
Speaker 3: Who knows the next question? Yeah, next question, Elvis won? How many grammys?
Speaker 1: Zero?
Speaker 4: That's a good answer. That's a good answer.
Speaker 3: Exactly what I said.
Speaker 4: That is exactly what I said, because it sounds like such a layup of a question that it almost sounds like a trick question. I said, because grammys weren't a thing back then.
Speaker 1: So the Grammys word thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he won three.
Speaker 3: I guess you did win three?
Speaker 4: Bullshit.
Speaker 3: Number five, the fear of computers or technology is what? The fear of computers or technology is what?
Speaker 1: Man? I guess I don't know anything. Ai phobia, Jesus.
Speaker 4: Cyber phobia, I said, techno phobias.
Speaker 3: It was pretty close this one. I'll give you to the closest hundred year.
Speaker 4: Are we playing prices right? Rules here?
Speaker 3: Can't go over No, he closest hundred Oh okay about blank grapes go into one bottle of wine.
Speaker 1: Grapes yep, twenty four hundred, A lot lot better.
Speaker 3: Than I think I won that you had if you were you would win if you were playing.
Speaker 4: Well, No, hang on, you said seven hundred.
Speaker 3: At seven hundred is the answer? So I was.
Speaker 4: Only I guess, like seventy three or whatever.
Speaker 3: He's in the box, not you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: Fuck the largest sand castle in the world measured blank feet high. I'll get the closest ten in the world. Yep, seventy two feet that's literally I think that's what he says. Said fifty four is the answer? All right? This one, hopefully it's an easy one. Doctor Seuss wrote this story on a bet green Eggs and ham Oh my goly shit, we got one. He did it.
Speaker 4: We got one.
Speaker 3: We got one. All right. What is the only bird that could fly backwards?
Speaker 1: Humming bird?
Speaker 3: That is correct? All right? There you go to what is the main profession of the Nintendo character Luigi Plumber? Yeah? Oh the hell? Yeah? Then he cuts firing back.
Speaker 4: Get three.
Speaker 3: That is whiska pedia.
Speaker 4: You know, I didn't know that, but I guessed it right overalls are That's exactly.
Speaker 1: I should have got the uh you know, you know what got me on the astronaut one was I I immediately thought Lance Armstrong and I was like, I was like, I can't say that. I can't say Lance arms So at least buzz Aldrin was there.
Speaker 4: Okay, which well known cyclist only has one?
Speaker 3: Neil Armstrong.
Speaker 1: It was the biggest cheater in sports.
Speaker 3: Okay, bella cheat.
Speaker 4: Let's not convince Bill Belichick to Lance Armstrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, so let's do it. Draft. Yeah, he's excited for this draft. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I haven't thought of it all.
Speaker 3: I haven't either. We're I think all was gonna go off the cuff. Don't be looking it up. Sam don't be cheating over looking.
Speaker 1: I made the list.
Speaker 4: It was his fuck, it was his idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I was on the John, Oh did you not.
Speaker 3: A bitch bit?
Speaker 4: You didn't. I weren't pooping at all, that's all.
Speaker 1: You should go in there and smell.
Speaker 3: No, did you spray? There's two of them in there?
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 4: Oh ship, No, I got to write.
Speaker 3: Oh, I gotta work everything else.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, well, you know when you said we're going to take a break, I figured it would be.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I'm trying to go through commercials.
Speaker 1: So I thought it was gonna be like five minutes. I was gone for like eight minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I tined yourself.
Speaker 1: Huh, that was just a game.
Speaker 4: You don't want to get sucked into like the fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: No, I can't do that here. Yeah, we'll be asking questions.
Speaker 1: The record ship for for me here like uickness, the only.
Speaker 3: Ship that's what's a record? Alright, So let's talk about what is this draft? What are we doing? Sam?
Speaker 1: You brought it up, all right, So this draft is going to be you can only have these five bottles of liquor for the rest of your life.
Speaker 4: With any mixer you want, by the way.
Speaker 1: So yeah, like there's no there's no limit on the mixers. But these are the five liquors bottles of liquor that you can and it's by brand, so like you can't just say yeah, like it's a brand. So it is a bottle. So if you are a vodka fan, then like there's obviously several different brands, but if you like a particular brand of vodka, you could get fucked here.
Speaker 4: How are we going to decide the order?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll think of it.
Speaker 4: I'll last, I'll think of a number between one and three. YouTube guess and if you're wrong, I'll.
Speaker 1: Go three, three three.
Speaker 4: You want to do a three way of rock paper scissors.
Speaker 3: I don't care. Oh cool with that roper scissors.
Speaker 4: Shoot, nope, I'm thinking of the number one, one, one through three.
Speaker 3: It's three, one through three.
Speaker 1: It's three because.
Speaker 4: There's three of us.
Speaker 3: Matt two.
Speaker 4: Matt goes first. It was a two, and since I didn't guess, I'll go second. Sam. You're you're getting the ass and you're the donkey.
Speaker 1: But I already said yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: It just make me feel better about.
Speaker 1: It, all right, Matt one hour warning ship.
Speaker 3: All right, first one for me. I'm gonna go with Jack Daniels. Obvious, it's my all time favorite. It's one of the best ones in the world, the Old Seven.
Speaker 4: I have a question, what do we have to buy these ourselves? Or are they given to us free of cost? Kind of?
Speaker 1: I guess if so. I mean, like, you have this list for the rest of your life, so if you can't afford it right now, you would be able to and all right, whatever amount of time, Okay.
Speaker 4: Sure, all right, Matt went Jack Dane Niels Classic Jack Drinker. I could make a joke, but I'm not gonna Uh. I'm gonna go with uh cosam Egos Big Tequila.
Speaker 13: Go.
Speaker 4: I love tequila, so I'm going Cosa Egos. It's good, it's queen. It's gonna be a clear tequila.
Speaker 1: And you're number one of all time, right, you.
Speaker 4: Know, I don't really drink mixes anymore. Besides tequila tequila.
Speaker 1: My number one overall is going to be Jim Beam Bourbon. That's the best utility bourbon in the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hell yah, So Snake Draft number two. This might surprise some of you. I'm going Seagrim's Gin with lime with lime, with lime with lime. That's great stuff right there.
Speaker 4: Because you don't need the line. I I don't hate that pick at all, and I'm I'm actually gonna follow follow suit here and go uh aviation gin Nice. I liked you, I mean funk I'd hope so weding No, but Aviation gin Gin is my favorite winter got winter both. There's something about tasting the pine needles and the juniper. You know, it just makes you feel like Christmas.
Speaker 1: It's real pine and it's not that I PA bullshit, right.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm going Aviation Gin. Matt, you got two picks in a row here.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna probably go with Jamison Orange. He makes that with some lemonade. It is elite in the summer, especially if you're out golfing.
Speaker 1: Jameson orange and sprite.
Speaker 3: Oh yep. So yeah, so I'll go mel kiper bit on it. It's a great pick if you're looking for that great golfing type drink. Jameson Orange elemonade. It does eliminade, does cut out that alcohol before I note, You're fucked up in no time. That is james An Orange. My next pick will probably the Cardi Lamone is probably my bastard elite.
Speaker 1: Macari, Lamone and diet Oh so good.
Speaker 4: That that is a fantastic pick by you right there. Gosh, I'm just not into uh.
Speaker 3: Scott says, aviation is is amazing.
Speaker 4: That is it makes you feel like you're on an airplane.
Speaker 1: Whose gin is that?
Speaker 3: Ryan?
Speaker 4: Ryan Reynolds? Sure a handsome fellow, handsome motherfucker. Yeah, you know what it's like, would you? It's a crime to be that handsome and that funny.
Speaker 1: Just like Bradley Cooper.
Speaker 4: Like, let's think about it though, Will Ferrell, hilarious guy.
Speaker 3: Not a good looking guy, great looking guy.
Speaker 4: Bodie, but yeah, curly headed fuck all right, you geriatric. With my third pick, I'm a I'm just gonna keep it simple and go grey Goose. It's a smooth vodka. I don't hate it. I would never buy it myself, to be honest, but if they're being supplied to me, why not. It's it's top shell for a reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, yeah, all right, My next one, it's gonna be Crowned Vanilla. O. Good choice, crown vanilla and coke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know what, we all know what vanilla coke is and what it does to a guy. But you get best of both worlds. You mix that with a Coke zero. You're looking at a zero calorie drink right there. So good, that tastes just like it. So yeah, I love that pick.
Speaker 1: But I get another one, right yep, this one? Uh, Travis, you know this, you scumbag. No, no, no, this is a personal one for me. And it's that's Yaegermeister. Oh damn, not gonna sum one. I love Jaeger. It's not the licorice for me, it's you know what it is. It's it's the experience over the taste. For me, it's drinking.
Speaker 4: You're the worst kind of the experience.
Speaker 1: That frosty bottle negative eighteen degrees celsius. Yeah, fantastic.
Speaker 4: So I'm going with my fourth pick. I'm I thought this is what Sam was gonna do. I'm going the smearing off blueberry vodka that was on the list, but it is mixed with either water with a splash of lemonade or just lemonade. Oh my god, thank god, I just thought of one. Uh but uh, it is fantastic. It's refreshing.
Speaker 3: Scott says, great goose and Travis's grand rapid people are bougie.
Speaker 4: You know what, Scott, shut up? I said, I would have so taken Tito's to and even I felt bad about a Tito's comment. I would drink a bottle of Spedka if I had to. You know what, it doesn't even matter. Give me the plastic bottle of smearing off.
Speaker 3: Scott.
Speaker 4: You you could never because you're from Grand Rapids. You could never even think of the depths that I've gone.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Give me just what's the shitty real vodka everyone has here?
Speaker 3: Uh Ko Kharkov?
Speaker 4: Yeah one, Scott, You've never once gone to a liquor store and bottle bottle of Kharkoff I have?
Speaker 3: I have.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't know the pain of you. No, all right, Matt, your fourth and fifth pick now that I am just I am fired up about that comment.
Speaker 3: Uh My pick will probably be Apple Crown with Cranberry Crown Apple. You know it's pretty good. It's basically Washington Apple. Just take out the apple pucker. And then my last one. I hate saying it. I don't want to say it because I have some bad members with it.
Speaker 4: Ye Fireball, Sam, You're gonna be so mad at me for this, and you know where I'm going discontinued. This is the one that could win me this list. I am going Jeremiah Weed Sweet. It took me saying blueberry vodka to think of that. That should have been my number one pick, honestly, because it's discontinued now. But I'm not gonna say who in town still has it, because I don't want that getting out.
Speaker 1: You can still find it.
Speaker 4: But if me and Sam go to a bar and see this bottle sitting there, we automatically know what we're drinking that night. Because it is discontinued. Deep Eddies is. It's close, but it's not the same. It's not the same. So I'm going Jeremiah Weed sweet Tea vodka. Mix it with lemonade, and good God is it good? Sam, your last picks around this thing out.
Speaker 1: So multiple stolen valor out of my picks here, So I'm gonna have to go. I'm just gonna go straight Deep Eddies the lemonade vodka.
Speaker 4: All right, sweet tea, lemonade, the lemonade. Okay, that that is good?
Speaker 1: Though, yes it is.
Speaker 4: Deep Eddies is not a bad flavored vodka choice, by the way, if you're into that like which obviously blueberry vodka. Guy. Absolutely, I try that it.
Speaker 1: Should, yeah, like smearn off blueberry, a little bit of lemonade.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And like I'm telling you, with these, they're like Jeremiah Weeds or the Deep Eddie Sweet Tea vodka and the blueberry vodka. You get yourself a red solo cop right, you're at the lake, you're on a boat.
Speaker 3: Oh you motherfuckers.
Speaker 4: He wasn't talking to me and Sam by the way, he was talking to his two dogs. But you actually you actually mix it with mostly water because the booze tastes that good. Actually it's not sharp or anything. And then you just give it a splash a lemonade or something like that in there, and god, is it just refreshing.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, like the adult version of pink Whitney.
Speaker 4: Kinda that's a good way to put that. That's a really all right, mel here you go.
Speaker 1: Would you get caught with pink whitney right now?
Speaker 4: No, I never liked it to begin I don't think it's bad. It's no, it's not bad. I never bought it because, like I was never the type to bring like just a bottle of pink wet to a party. But my god, if someone was throwing it around. Was I going to take some?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? That's the that's the adult version is deep Eddie Lemonade.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'll take a look.
Speaker 3: Here's our melt Kuiper. Look for the bottles we would end up with. We had five to choose from. I had the first overall pick. I went Jack Dan's. I went to classic pick. Nothing wrong to go out the old classic number seven Jack Daniels. Next one is gonna be Travis with his Why was how you pronounce it again? Tequila? Okay? I know this is now.
Speaker 4: I'm a big tequila guy.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know I've heard of it, so I can't get too much deep into it, so I never really had it.
Speaker 4: It's top tier top is it.
Speaker 1: The actual migos? Is it there?
Speaker 3: I don't know Sam, Sam's last, Sam's picking the first round? Who went jam at Beam Bourbon? Another classic one? A good staple to have and you usually I do that on the rocks. You can't only mix oh Jim.
Speaker 4: You do a lot of Jim Beaman and Ji Diet.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite. That's my go to cocktail.
Speaker 4: Mine would be a Tequia Soday.
Speaker 1: Costumigos is George Clooneyes.
Speaker 4: By the way, you know what another handsome guy ages like fine wine.
Speaker 3: Must be nice James. Next next one, oh, Pierce Brosman number two. This is the Snake draft. So Sam had this first pick. In the second round, he went the Seagrum gin with lime. Very good solid pick out. In the second round, good choice. Yeah, next one is Travis. In the second round he had the Aviation Gin Ryan Reynolds Gin.
Speaker 4: That's a really good, perfect more of the classic gym. Yeah, no lineman there, you gotta add it yourself.
Speaker 3: And then I went in the second round the last pick in the second round Jamison Orange makes it a little lemonade, really really good in the summer. I highly recommend it. So in the third round that the first pick. In the third round, I went with the Bacardi Lomone with diet another good one. The Travis goes with the classic gray Goose. He goes top tier gray Goose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a scumbag from Grand Wrap deal.
Speaker 3: And then Sam went with Crown Vanilla. Good choice to get that Coke Vanilla, very very good choice. In the fourth round, Sam went with Gig I had it on my list. I sided not to go with so yeah, not bad, not about that choice. Travis went with the Smearnoff Blueberry Vodka. Now that's what I don't know too much about. I'm actually looking forward to tasting its. Let's see how it goes.
Speaker 4: I'll bring it next week.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah. And I went with the Crown Apple with with cranberry. Now what I learned is don't drink too much of this because you'll get a stomach stomach ache really quickly too much sugar. Number five the last pick from me, Fireball Classic one. I had some awesome memories and bad memories of the old Fireball.
Speaker 4: I've never had anything but positive experiences with that ship.
Speaker 3: That you have. H Then last one for Travis, he had a Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea Vine.
Speaker 4: And if you know, if you know that kind of game, then you'll respect that pick and you will be asking yourself the same thing I was. How'd it fall to number five?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Hundred percent? You know I agree with you. That's a very very good pick. Last one, not least Sam the last pick Deep Eddies Lemonade Vodka. Yeah, I mean, since I can't decide, I know Scott's listening. Scott, who do you think had the best pick. I'll read him off. I'll start with mine. Jack Daniels jameson orange Butccardi, Lamone, Crown Apple, Fireball, Chas had Cosmeados Aviation, Jin Greg Goo smearing off blueberry vodka, Jeremiah Weed Uh Sweet Tea vodka and Sam with the jim Bean Bourbon seagrum gin with lime, Crown Vina, Crown Vaneva Yegg Instment at least his deep Eddies Lemonade vodka.
Speaker 4: It's crazy. You two are just such dark liquor.
Speaker 3: Drinkers, weird. And then there's me, fucking hippie.
Speaker 1: That's a good spread.
Speaker 4: Like I dabbled in Morgan every now and again. You know it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two whiskeys vodka.
Speaker 3: Justin said, like back in the early two thousands, I used to do Parrot Bay and pineapple juice. Fuck, I remember that.
Speaker 4: Have you ever heard of parrot Bay? Sam?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What is it?
Speaker 4: Realm?
Speaker 3: Basically?
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't that Kenny Chesney or something like that?
Speaker 4: No, he's blue Chair. I've tried. It was fantastic.
Speaker 3: Let's see what Scott answers back. If not, I'll just go with I don't go Travis. Travis had a really good pick. Yeah, that Jeremy, Like you said, I think that really set it off.
Speaker 4: That would that would be like a three week heater for me and snake drafts for those of you that don't know, we do a snake draft every time we do a Silver Bullet Session show on various topics. So that would be a three week heater for me on that uh win streak that is three games is a win.
Speaker 5: Travis Twins, let's calm down.
Speaker 4: But you know what you could you could say the Twins after the All Star break. There you go before the All Star break. They they went on like they went on a stupid run last year, didn't they. It was like after games, no before it was like they won like thirteen games in a row.
Speaker 1: I thought it was after after they sold everyone and no one knew. They just didn't have any data on them.
Speaker 3: That's what I was thinking, like to get somebody new, like up from the miners or whatever, and they just bents random people. Yeah, no, it was a.
Speaker 4: It was the first first part of the season.
Speaker 3: So Scott said he's going with Travis because of the tequila engine.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you, Scott.
Speaker 1: I mean there's dark and there's light liquor guys. Clear liquor guys.
Speaker 4: I'm a clear liquor.
Speaker 3: Guy obviously you Minnesota people.
Speaker 4: But like I would never lickor because I don't.
Speaker 3: Know her bro hold one. Alright, well, that's fine, and find the button we get in the show. How about that sound like a good time? Yeah, if I can ever find the fucking button for it. No.
Speaker 4: I you're doing great, sweetie.
Speaker 3: Good doing great. Yep, everything's fine. All right, what a great show we had for today. It's a mix beer Relly Sports and silver Ball sessions.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by beer Belly Sports. Nope, uh, beer Belly Sports Radio Network, Geffrey Production. Here you go tune in almost every Tuesday whenever we feel like doing a show.
Speaker 1: I will be on hiatus. I'm going on a hiatus.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, you can rob bank again.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: So we can do a show next week if you want. If not, we cannot do a show. I don't care.
Speaker 3: We'll see. Yeah, all right. Today's show is being brought to you by.
Speaker 1: Seventh Avenue Pizza Pizza before it was trendy.
Speaker 4: Found out your local circle k locations or if you're down in the cities, it's availab At a bunch of other grocery stores and other spots down there too. Also being brought to you by Soda Stick. Use promo code beer Belly for fifteen percent off your entire order of Soda Stick. Check them out at sodastick dot com.
Speaker 3: That's right they We're also being brought to by Home Choice Here Bmiji. Get one hundred dollars off on your purchase when you use a promo code and store. Beer Belly Sports also being brought to you by Urban gerbetz here and Bimiji. It is soup season still. Even if the warm weather is still approaching us, it's still soup season. The bread is fantastic. If you want to dip your bread into the Superman the All.
Speaker 1: Time Bag guts there, you have to put it in the broccoli chatdar.
Speaker 4: Must it makes you buy the soup. You eat that bread, it's weird.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it's got to be dipped in the soup.
Speaker 3: Brought to buy Knobbing Kettle Valentine's Day. Just round the corner register right now, get your table. Seats will go fast At the Knobbing Kettle. They are doing a steak dinner or the Steak of rib prim Prime dinner. Don't okay? I think so this sounds right.
Speaker 1: Get a side of horse ratis with that.
Speaker 3: Oh fucke you said the Ruben's best.
Speaker 4: Ruben The Rubens top notch, guys, top.
Speaker 3: Notch Okay, Austin brought to by Paul Bunyan Communications, been serving the Bimigi and Grand Rapids area for over fifty years.
Speaker 1: That's it sponsors, thanks guys, Yeah it is.
Speaker 3: It is the primary rib perfect.
Speaker 4: Wait what in the so for an appetize where they have prime ribbed asparagus main course? Fill it make in flaming your surf and turf options smoke prim reb is an option as well. So I wasn't wrong. I just wasn't right.
Speaker 3: Typical That is actually not a bad don't have a penny more o there is. I wasn't wrong, but I wasn't right, all right. Thank you to the rightest producers on site engineers. Why otherwise doing as all of us In the words of Red Green, keep you a stick on the ice, Bye.
Speaker 13: Bye, wonderful, just wonderful.
Speaker 3: How would you know you're not even facing the stage? All right?
Speaker 13: Did you have to tell me I was having such a good time?
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to beer Belly Sports. This has been a have free productions show, so now you just know it's gotta be quality.