Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan ray I WBZ.
Speaker 2: So we're talking about three Donald Trump related issues. One is his order that Harvard no longer accept international students. Now, that's gonna end up in courts. It's already ended up in quarts. There was an amended filing today, okay. And then we have the new Trump Travel Band, and he does on the travel band related to what happened in Boulder, Colorado. Rob, I'm gonna have you play cut number three, Donald Trump announcing the travel Band, Cut three, please, Rob, gonna have issues, Okay, we'll hold that if we're having issues, and we'll get to that later on. In the meantime, let's go to Dean and Randolph. And the other issue is the the bromance between Elon Musk and President Trump. Seems to be over. Dean, we're having issues. I hope we're not having issues with you. Go out ahead, Dean.
Speaker 3: Well, I know this is twice in one week, because we did have a conversation on Tuesday, I think. But then the pure and I I agree with you with the travel band obviously because a lot of those countries, uh, I don't like us, and we've been have problems and like you said, I ran uh and some Afghanistan.
Speaker 2: In Afghanistan, you've got Somalia in there.
Speaker 4: Right in a lot.
Speaker 3: And a lot of those people don't realize Libya Libya. Yeah, they forgot about the the marathon bombing. Those individuals went to school here, they were going to school. Yeah, and and and this is where they were planning what happened in Bula, Colorado.
Speaker 2: In all of those cases, these people come here, they take seats in our classrooms. They they in many cases end up in Section eight housing. They get on food stamps. There's all of these organizations who showed them how to. I mean, there's no organization for me, there was. There's no organization I can walk down to and say, hey, can you help me out here or whatever? Yeah, there are organizations that will meet these people where they live. Uh, do you have food stamps? No? I don't have food. Let me get you some food stamps. Okay. What about clothing vouchers? Do you have clothing? No? I don't you have some clothes? That would be great? What about some TVs? Do you have a new TV? No, we can get you a new team. And it's like and the bombers, the bombers. They went to school here, they lived here, they were on first stamps, and they took everything from here. And the only thing they did for us was killed some people at the marathon and injury.
Speaker 3: We supported est Mike. I hate to say the state is opportunity. They come up here. I'm in that, you know, I think you know what I do for work, but I see that every day they come up here. They come over the border. Hey, we gotta get the Massachusetts of New York because they give everything for free. Well, it's great.
Speaker 2: The people who are coming here are not stupid, particularly the bad people who are not here. I'm not Stewart. They're going to go hang around in Alabama and Mississippi, which are not favorably inclined. They're coming up north. They're coming to Massachusetts.
Speaker 3: They go ninety five north AND's go to Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got it.
Speaker 3: Then it is caught. And you just saw the news this cast some Chinese socials with a fungus trying to poison our crops.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that was beautiful and that fungus which actually was.
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 4: I mean, well, I'll.
Speaker 2: Tell you what I can tell you about that, because I watched it very carefully tonight, and I've heard about it. They had this this fungus which if it ever got into our crops were poisoned the crops, but also could kill Americans if the if the was undetected in the crops. This is serious. How would people want the companies, all these Chinese companies that are buying land and vacant land next to a military bases. I think, right, a lot of land spend spend the winter in North or South Dakota and enjoy across country skiing. I don't think so.
Speaker 3: To go back to Harvard. What Trump's trying to do, I understand he may be going to an extreme, but I can see a different way that he's trying to be protected because Jewish students have the right to be safe on a campus, and it's obligation of these universities to have that responsibility. I mean, it's a lot of hate hours. We just saw that in Colorado and a couple of two weeks ago they were killed, and it just goes on and on. So I could see a travel band, I can see a checking You have to have that now because a lot of people dislike us, but they want to come here to go to school. They want to come here, Like you said, they love the benefits. They love coming here to California, Austin, or New York. They love it. I mean, where's it end?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it generally ends with a problem. And as they say, there's a whole bunch of countries here. Who Again, I'm sure there are a lot of good people in those countries and a lot of suffering in those countries. But but I don't know that I want people from Iran right now coming to the United in America. And the reason is that the only people who are led out of Iran are going to be people that the government will allow to get out of Iran. Iran is not an inchy place to get out of, Okay, It's surrounded by a mountainous terrain. Same way with Libya. I just think that that, you know, let's let's just comment down for six months, let's see what happens. Okay. So I'm on the travel being, I'm fine on the being on students. I don't think that's his role. I do think there's a role of the CIA and the FBI and local law enforcement. I think we need to be more aggressive on that. Our friends on the on the left, they want to tie the hands of law enforcement.
Speaker 3: Uh and which I don't understand. Well, I mean yeah, I mean they did, like Mayor what was talking about the mask on the ice. Well, they're trying to hunt these people down and find where they live in their families. So they're showing a security issue of safety of these people. They're being docked just like it's secret police. Like she's calling them secret police, like you're back in nineteen thirty and Nazi Germany.
Speaker 2: Well that's the language that Leo Foley called her out on, and she has every right to call because to it's it's like it's a good call. It's like the people. Yeah, I'm very impressed by the US attorney, the new US attorney, Leofole and this whole again the language that the left uses. Remember, you know, when when Trump was running, it was going to be Hitler, Hitler, Hitler, Hitler. You know, there's things Trump's going to do that I'm going to disagree with.
Speaker 3: But uh, of course we are, I mean sides.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and I've already I've criticized the arrest of the tough student. Good, but I want to see cooperation from local police departments. Who have information as to who's in the ground to increase the chances of one getting the bad guys and bad women out of the country quickly. And I'm not really interested in giving them the same level of due process that American citizens have.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not, okay, I agree.
Speaker 2: Simple as that. And I know that there's already lawyers working to keep this guy's family in the country.
Speaker 3: I don't have a lot of sympathy for I don't have sympathy for them, the family.
Speaker 2: Okay, because they it's unfortunate, and but you know, guess what if I'd love to give them a little bit of a little bit of due process, but with them, due process is going to go a long way. A little bit of due process will go a long way before, right.
Speaker 3: But with a lot of evil. And then people are just I don't have the tolerance for due process. You hate us that much, you have no business being Eisier here anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I hear you. I totally hear you. People around keep calling the show. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks, thank you very much. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Take a very quick break. George and Fitzburg is next, Christian and Peabty, Tom and Dorchester and I get room for you. Here's what you gotta do. Six one seven, two, five, four to ten thirty. That line just filled. Six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. That line is still open. Back on night Side after.
Speaker 1: This, It's Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the phones. Were go going to go to George and Fitchburgh. George, second time up tonight, go right ahead, George.
Speaker 5: S Hi, Yeah, I'm enjoying the warm mother.
Speaker 2: No, it's don't worry which We'll be back next to Sember.
Speaker 5: The conversation is very uh show. It's a steady and studied.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you.
Speaker 5: I appreciate.
Speaker 2: I think I appreciate both those those observations. What's your take on all of this, George, I.
Speaker 5: Think it's most unfair of the president to be actually to use another word that they use in Ganglan, extorting people to behave the way they want, even though it's contrary to what we establish as constitutional and Bill of Wright's issues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's I think he's over the top here out over his skeys, whatever you want to call it. I think I tend to agree with you, and I think that he's wasting a lot of capital. I've read the correspondence between the White House and Harvard, and Harvard wrote a pretty conciliatory letter. And by way of background, one of the attorneys is Robert Hurr, who's a for Harvard, who's a pretty conservative Republican. He actually was the guy who to put was Joe Biden. In October twenty three, wrote and wrote the report that said that Biden was in trouble and didn't seem to understand exactly what he was talking about. So, yeah, I think sometimes you got to take a victory and uh and accept a victory as opposed to continuing just to hammer hammer with a sledgehammer. I don't get it. I really don't understand it. If he had said, well, you know, Dan, if he had said, we're going to be in all these students coming in from from communists China because we just found out that someone was trying to bring in this, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: There was a problem. The excit from Afghanistan was was not control and it led to the death of a lot of American soldier women and men at that point us by a bomb throwne and by the Taliban. And now the Taliban had all the rights to Shall we say all the women are back to nothing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How does that? How does that all, George? How does that relate to what we're talking about tonight? How does that relate to Donald Trump?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I know, well, let's just go back on him.
Speaker 2: It goes back on Donald Trump. I see. Okay, that was during the withdrawal from Afghanistan, and the decisions that were made leading up to it were made by the Biden administration. That was in August of twenty three, as I'm sure you recall.
Speaker 5: Other than that, the president is very, very vengeful and anybody who opposes him.
Speaker 2: All right, I think I think I tend to agree with him that, George, I got a role here. We went somehow from the students who were bringing in, you know, poisonous materials to infect our crops to what happened in Kabul in August of twenty twenty three. I'm just trying to make connection.
Speaker 5: Okay, So thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Have a nice feeling.
Speaker 2: Talk again. We'll talk again. Let me go next to Christian in Pebty, Massachusetts. Christian, you're next on nightsig go right ahead.
Speaker 7: Hey, Dan, I haven't talked to you a while. Listening by Luie uh to bring up with a clement sense to this, I'm thinking we're all listening to the same thing around and round and now America round. We are in a position where you have to pay attention as one saying the case by case yes, but you also have to be oh man, how doesn't worked. I was putting this way. You can't have Harvard Ununiversity not be diverse. But at the same time, anybody who's going to be a student there, yes, they should be checked out. They should be background checked through everything, including their families. And somebody like Colorado where a family member will do something and announced I've never done I've never told any It was just me well that you were sacrificing your family because of what you wanted to do, and that means they don't get the due process because you already sacrificed your family because of what you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know if that analysis holds up legally, but I'm not necessarily in disagreement with you in the moments of anger that we all feel in light of what happened in in Colorado, no question about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But back to Harvard, which is the main focus here. Harbor's Harvard will get through this. And Donald, as you say, Miss President Trump, I may not agree with him, but if you have opposing views and you need to set boundaries within yourself. Of at this point, I've successfully made the message across I don't want to destroy the entity for an American institution. So at some point you that common sense kind of starts to become aware of his being. I don't know if it will, but you would hope the people around him can say, well, we're the top of the country where your cabinet. Can you look at what you're doing and there might be a better avenue instead of wasting so much time and energy on that laser being.
Speaker 2: Got fair enough, fair enough, And there's a lot of other issues, including tarifs and including immigration, borders, back bank including Ukraine and Russia, including more in peace in the Middle East, including whether Iran is apparently is very close to getting a nuclear weapon. A lot of stuff on his place. They can't have it, Yeah, but what do you do about it? That's the question.
Speaker 7: Well, that's why all this energy needs to be refocused to some other things that need to pay more attention to.
Speaker 2: I mean, one of the things that that George Bush was rightfully criticized for in two thousand and after nine to eleven, there were warning signs and there was there was lack of communication between FBI, CIA and those guys from the country a long time learning how to fly airplanes and not wanting to learn how to take off or land. They just wanted to know how to steer the plane when they were up in the air. And there was a an FBI agent in Minnesota who sniffed that out and she couldn't get her information up the chain of command of the FBI that maybe nine to eleven could have been stopped.
Speaker 7: Now one last point to Massachusetts. I really think that you can't be having the police departments of the state being opposed to what's going on for the process of removing people that are not of good nature, lack of kind of words. They have people on the radar screen and they can say, look, there's a record here, there's a qualling here, this is the one not the eighteen year old kids was going to school and has no clue. So if you have an interaction between the forces, then they can be more accurate with what they're picking up and it'll be more towards the real goal of those with the bad thought to be here.
Speaker 2: But I also think that our state officials are not so inclined, and our state officials from the governor on down has said to for example, the state police don't cooperate with the Feds. And there's this this court decision from twenty seventeen called the lun decision, which to me is a very confusing decision which a lot of people rely upon. And they're people here who don't want anyone out of here. Okay, that's the problem. You have some people who are the Trump people who want to throw everybody out, including the eighteen year old kid. And maybe we get to the eighteen year old kid at some point and you give them a hearing and you find out what his goals are. Right now, let's focus on the bad people. Let's get the bad people out of here, and let's expedite that process. Okay, you give them an immigration hearing maybe, or you give him a quick hearing in federal court. Uh, but you you're not going to give him ten years and twenty appeals they get a more.
Speaker 7: Nope, don't get those.
Speaker 2: That's too much. Yeah. Absolutely, we're in the same page. Christian, appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Calling really do very night.
Speaker 7: Thank you, and I'm still listening.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Please keep listening and keep calling. I need your voice. Thank you have a great name. Go take quick break here. We're coming up on that. We just hit ten thirty. As a matter of fact, I believe you. We're coming right up on ten thirty. That means the news is here. The only line that's opened was the one that Christian just vacated six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty and it just filled. So we are. We're rocking and rolling here. Stay with us, all points of view, welcome, coming back on night Side. You're on n.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the phones we go. We're gonna go next. Tom is in Dorchester, Tom, next, do on nice saga.
Speaker 3: Right ahead, Dan, how you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing warm enough for you tonight over there at Dorchester.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Dahn. With all due respect to you, Yep. We have the most brilliant human being in the world as president of the United States. Now, I want to talk about the bromance you were talking about. This guy is so brilliant. He took he took talking.
Speaker 2: About are we talking about Trump or Musk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, talking this to the bromance. I thought, you want to talk about that too.
Speaker 2: But you're telling me this guy's brilliant and we're gonna talk about the bromance. I went on the which side of the bromance you're talking about?
Speaker 3: No, I'm talking about the whole situation. What Trump did? Let me explain what Trump did. He took he took Elon into the back room and he said to Elon, you know, if the Democrats were in power, did blow the deficit right out of control? And he said, yeah, I know that. And he said, Eon, how do you like having your cats burnt? And he said no, how do you like being called the Nazi? And he said, oh, that's terrible, he said. He said, I'll tell you what I'm gonna do. You're gonna go out and say this this thing is, this new budget is an abomination and you don't agree with it at all. And the Democrats, who are the stupidest party in the day, I alwash, that'd be declassified as a party. It's a communist party. It's a fastiest party.
Speaker 2: Of tom You know, again, always welcome to express your opinions, But I'm gonna I'm going to dispute you when it gets beyond opinion and you make a statement like that, But go ahead, So he tells me, he tells Elon going out there and say this is a disgusting abomination. I got it, so far, go ahead.
Speaker 3: This is Bruce comes back and he says he doesn't agree with Trump at all, and he's mad at Trump. And I was watching the Democrats tonight. Oh, we'll gladly take him back into the boat after they called him a Nazi for the passion four or five months.
Speaker 2: Okay, so give me the strategy, tom, I'm on the edge of my chair here as.
Speaker 4: To the.
Speaker 3: Democrats. Will will stop burning his kas and he'll stop causing call him a nasty if he disagrees with Trump?
Speaker 2: All right? Oh, I got it. Okay, So I just got one question, right, got one question?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: I follow you. I understand the strategy now that you've explained it to me. Why then if it was kind of you know, these two guys working in the back room together and you know, Swung telling the other guy what to say and how to say it. Okay, now, Musk tonight, release the statements that says the reason that the Epstein suicide. Information is not being released is because Trump was involved with Epstein on you know some of that whatever they call those Lolita I expressed planes. Now, if if this was like discuss between them, why would Elon say something? You know, that's pretty harmful. If it's true that.
Speaker 3: The brilliant Donald Trump will throw that out there, he'll say, you know, I'd say that, and the Democrats will love you. And when they released me the papers, they might find out he visited the island and with all the other celebrities and politicians and he said, this is this is just craziness going on here. He threw him out of his he was down in Marilago. He threw him out because he's he was getting cozy to one of the young girls at Marilago.
Speaker 4: He threw him out.
Speaker 6: So, uh.
Speaker 2: Again, if he's that brilliant, I don't know why he would have been on the plane to Lolita Island. But we'll save that for another night.
Speaker 3: I don't think he wanted I don't think he wants that all. They're going to find out he didn't go it all, but in case they did, he he might.
Speaker 2: I'm glad to know that shaken in either Donald President Trump or in Elon Musk and I appreciate your analysis.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much. Yeah, you very well.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Have a great night. Okay, all right, good night. There we go. We're just getting all sorts of analysis. Let me go to Joe and Lyn. Joe, you're next on nice sego right ahead, Joe.
Speaker 8: Good evening, Dan, thanks for taking my call. I have mixed feelings. I understand how Harvey feels. He went to Harvard, but Harvard shouldn't even be allowing that to happen.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, And he went to Harvard Law School, but he went to Princeville.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Harvard Law School.
Speaker 8: They shouldn't even be doing that to the Jewish students. And I am for the travel band especially. I'm forgetting taking our land back from the Chinese at around military basis. These people shouldn't be doing this. And if you don't like this country, I agree with you on some things. No hearing just gets them out of this country.
Speaker 4: We have to be careful.
Speaker 8: But too many people are doing this. And I'm sort of a little bit of an isolationist. Like my friend in Brighton, this is going too far. Look at these kids that brought this stuff in. They would have ruined our crops. They need to be deported.
Speaker 2: That if if that stuff had gotten into the crops and we were not and we didn't burn the crops, uh, and that got into the food chain, you'd have some dead Americans. That's pretty nasty stuff. And that's why if he's in.
Speaker 8: You know that those Chinese are sneaky people, Well, we can't.
Speaker 2: Trust I think the leadership of the CCP is sneaky. Okay, we don't have to label one point four billion people or whatever the colored part.
Speaker 8: We needed to get them out of here, I think, and go straight in this country out. But I have mixed feelings in Hart Harvard shouldn't be doing that, and I can see why Trump wants to stop their funding until he gets all of this out and make sure that they promise this will never happen again. It's supposed to be an Ivy League school in these schools, you know.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize, but it is an Ivy League school.
Speaker 8: I think it is. Isn't it is Harvard?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 3: Yes, it is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, I'm glad you brought that up because I would have forgotten that. Joe. I appreciate that, appreciate.
Speaker 3: That okay, thank you very much, much very much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of good information here in case you missed it, Dorian and Chelsea. Dorian, you're next on nightside. Dorian, right ahead, Hi Dan, Hi Doreen.
Speaker 4: I agree with you about the there goes my fruit and vegetables that I depend on. That's terrible when I heard that.
Speaker 2: Well, I hopefully your fruit and vegetables are going to be okay.
Speaker 4: I hope. So you know why I don't trust no one anymore. You know, I'm going to say this, dear, you mentioned this. This started way before. At nine to eleven, I went by the hotel those those animals stayed at, and I was shocked. In Maine, they stayed in Maine when they bombed all those buildings.
Speaker 2: Yes, I well some of them still, some of them stayed up in Maine and some of them stayed, believe it or not, at what used to be the it was then. I think it became a day's in on Soldier's Field Road right next to well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I know the ones that I went by the sleazy hotel in Maine where they stayed. I was modified. I thought they stayed in the high class in Port when they didn't. I went by that hotel. It was a shack. Yeah, all right, because my sister lives in Maine with her husband, and I'm going to tell you something. I don't want to get into a nine to eleven because it's all dying and over with.
Speaker 6: But they'll never.
Speaker 4: Forget what they did to our people, you get it. I am disgusted with the government. You don't know who to trust, who to talk to. I'm sorry, Dan, I'm going Austere radio. I'm sorry. My stomach is in notts over this whole situation.
Speaker 2: Let me try to calm you down a little bit, Doreen for a second here. I don't want you to stoch so no. Yeah, we're talking tonight about Donald Trump trying to prevent Harvard from accepting foreign students.
Speaker 4: I agree, no exchange students, Okay, I made the car. No more exchanged students in this country. These are the ones that going back stating the troublem. I'm sorry, okay. Why am I taking it out on the Jews? Why are they taking it on the Jewish people?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, unfortunately, there's there's a very sad history of anti Semitism around the world.
Speaker 4: No, I know, I know, Dan has to be stopped, no question, I know. Dan.
Speaker 2: So you're okay with the travel band that the president.
Speaker 4: Wants to Oh yes, oh, yes, yes you do have.
Speaker 2: It sounds to me like sounds to be like you have some faith in Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: Is what I'm here, and you say, well, this, this shouldn't.
Speaker 3: This should have been done.
Speaker 4: Way before Donald Trump was president.
Speaker 2: We can't change that now though, Doreen, Right.
Speaker 3: No, we can't. No, we can't.
Speaker 4: The damage is done, Dan, The damage is done a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Well has been done. The question is how do you prevent further damage from occurring? That's I think what I should.
Speaker 3: Well, if I had a.
Speaker 2: Pearl Harbor was a harbor.
Speaker 4: Yes, I know about Pearl I'm yes, I don't, but.
Speaker 2: But that I don't think we're going to have a repeat of Pearl Harbor. But there are other other targets in this country that we need to harden. Uh. There are nuclear power plants that could be hit. There are there are there are you know, electrical facilities, there are oils.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Yes, we have to think we have to be smarter than the bad guys, Doreen, And we can. That's what happened in the past, but I think as a society we have to prevent and think about what could happen in the future. That's I just don't want you to get discouraged, that's all. And I don't want to have an u stomach.
Speaker 4: No, Dan, you're absolutely right, you are correct.
Speaker 2: All right, will you my history, keep calling the show and keep listening to the radio, and I'm always here to talk. I will, I will have a great night. All right, good night, Go take quick break. Now, all of a sudden, we've got a couple open lines, so let's jump on board six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six one seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. I got who's up next? Oh, I got Liz in East Boston. I got Will in Long Island. And if you want to call, I might be able to get you in before eleven, and if not, we'll carry over into eleven. I think this is an important conversation, and I think we got to get President Trump to focus on what's important. And I don't think his focus and his attention on Harvard is particularly helpful. Now I'm much more supportive of his travel Band, although I will admit the travel Band may in the short term prevent some people coming to this country who should be welcomed here. Not everyone in Libya is a bad person. Not everyone in Iran is a bad person. But those countries they know who the people are in their countries, who they will allow to travel internationally. And I want nothing to do with anyone that Iran will let come towards us. Back on Nightside after this, You're.
Speaker 1: On Nightside with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get rolling. You're going to go to Liz and East Boston. Hey, Liz, welcome back. How are you tonight?
Speaker 9: I'm fine, Thank you. I want to say that I agree with the Travel Band. I'm free with Harvard not accepting international students anymore. I mean, just think about it, like your kid works really hard, he's an American and his seat at Harvard goes to someone that's not from this country.
Speaker 2: That's a factor. I understand the concern about that. Yes I do.
Speaker 10: And you know, didn't didn't do a lot?
Speaker 7: You go to Harvard?
Speaker 4: Did what in lot? No?
Speaker 3: Salman on you shure.
Speaker 2: No, did not go to Harvard. I'm sure if he had gone to Harvard, he had family members in the Boston area who were flown out of this country the day after the bombings, when when no Americans were getting access to airplanes, which is again a very curious aspect of the whole interesting. Yeah, yeah, so I'm very much aware of that, to be honest with you, And uh.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's I'd just like to say something about that that kid that was you know, arrested by ice and etcetera.
Speaker 9: I mean, he's been here for ten years.
Speaker 10: His parents have been here illegally for ten years. They still don't speak English. I mean, what's this boy's plan? Is he going to continue to live here illegally or does he have a plan to become United States? I mean, my understanding, grandparents did it, My great grandparents did it, and it was hard but not easy.
Speaker 9: But there's a way.
Speaker 2: Okay, my understanding. I try to answer your question. My understanding is that he made bail tonight. He was given I think it was two thousand dollars bond, which was up two hundred dollars in cash. H and his lawyers say that they he's going to request asylum. I think it's interesting that the father was on television. I don't think he's turned himself in yet. I think he was the person that the the ICE agents were looking for. So we'll see how this plays out. It should be fun.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the dash driving around like the maniac one hundred miles per hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were some reports of that. And and again the father came here a long time, came here a long time ago. He's still illegal. H And but again I think it was a mistake to pick up. The amount of publicity that that that ICE has or has been devoted to the eighteen year old kid far out weighs the good that ICE did in picking up some bad people fourteen and sixty one bad people.
Speaker 7: That's well, that's a liberal media.
Speaker 9: They just want to you know, they take this one case and they blow it up instead of talking about all the murderers and rapists and women beaters.
Speaker 7: You know that he's wrong with this kid, I mean, I mean, I think it's terrible.
Speaker 9: But you know what you hear, illegally make a plan you.
Speaker 10: Want to live here?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well I think that he now is going to file for SA for asylum. I don't know where he's from, don't know what will happen.
Speaker 1: To that from Brazil.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, that's your correct. I should have known that. Yeah, And again I don't know coming from Brazil, if he would qualify for asylum. It's not as if you could just say give me asylum and all of a sudden that makes you a citizen. So, Liz.
Speaker 9: And another thing is, you know he's on that volleyball team. What if my son missed on the volleyball he was the one who are illegal aliens. It's another thing.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 10: They kid a triumph for sports and they don't make it and someone like him makes it.
Speaker 2: All right? All right, thank you, Liz, appreciate your call. Keep calling the program. Let me go to Will down in Long Island.
Speaker 4: Will.
Speaker 2: We're up against it a little bit, but I don't want to have you hang it through the news. Go right ahead, Will.
Speaker 6: Well then you know, I know you had some sellar like you said, sellar analysis before the break there for a second. But we can have a little bit of analysis here. See. I think the key to what Trump is doing and a lot of these aspects, okay, but mostly with immigration. This is his Andrew Jackson moment. The civil war that's being fought in this country right now is between the branches of government, separate but equal branches. And one branch in particular as well overstepped its bounds. Really since Marbray versus Madison, the whole idea of judicial review, that whole illusion, okay, is really dependent on the president's willingness to oblige a court order. Some of these lower courts and what they're doing. He just needs to outright defy them, and he can certainly do that if Home is on board.
Speaker 2: Okay, certainly, Well, at that point you're buying another impeachment for seeding and maybe.
Speaker 6: Right, but that's maybe, okay, hold on, go ahead.
Speaker 2: In that regard, you also get an impeachment removal.
Speaker 6: Right maybe. And that's exactly what separate but equal meant, because the whole idea of this judicial review, that the Supreme Court and any court actually is the end all be all of the interpretation of the Constitution is not true. It's exactly why Corey Booker, in something we haven't talked about yet and I've been meaning to talk to about, introduced legislation last week to turn the control of the marshal over the judicial branch. And then they and the media tried the coin of phrase it in a way that it's for the protection of the justices.
Speaker 4: No, it's not.
Speaker 6: It's a way for you to grant powers again to the judicial branch which were not intended by our founding fathers. Okay, the real separate, but the real separate but equal way to do that is they have their opinion. The executive branch can enforce or decide not to enforce, like you know, like remember Marshall made his order, now let's see him enforce it. And then our legislative branch has the option to impeach and remove, which will not happen under certain circumstances, especially with these lower courts, because we have a Republican Congress right now, right, so I doubt he's going to get removed for that. More importantly, it made Soda Mayor say something last week or two weeks ago that was very important.
Speaker 4: Well, this, uh, this breach is.
Speaker 6: For precedents, okay, which is going to wind up bring into the Supreme Court. Not I'll gladly take the loss in the lower court to bring to the Supreme Court. This ability for some judge in California to you know, make a ruling that you know, sweeps across the entire nation and affects the entire nation. Okay, that should not be the case.
Speaker 2: Is that issue is going to get to the Supreme Court, and which is more this June. But I can't see it not getting next to it next October or maybe maybe if it's really critical, sometime this summer. Normally the court leaves in the end of June, doesn't go back to October first. You know, they're off July or August, in September. This might be a different summer for the US Supreme Court, is what you're saying. And I disagree with you, right.
Speaker 6: And if Trump is gonna die on a hill, right, I mean, first off, you could only have this term supposedly, right. I always said stupid things, but we know how that is, right. So if there's a hill to die on, this is it? Okay? Because this is going to bring back the power to the executive branch that it is supposed to have. Okay, And.
Speaker 2: Look, Will Will Will Will. I'm up to the against the eleventh. I'll hold you over for a couple of minutes if you want on the other side of the eleven.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, but I want a conversation.
Speaker 2: I think you've made your point. I want a conversation between you and me after eleven. Fair enough, Okay, we'll be back right after the eleven if there are lines open. You know the numbers. Let's keep it going.