Speaker 1: We're joined right now by a guy you might see towards the end of the game. He is one of the young emerging infielders in the Dodger organization. We have heard about, but now we see him in the living flesh, and I just got to tell you, La, I like him even more in person. That is the one and only Alex Freeland. Thanks a lot for the time, Thank you, thank you for having me on. I should have known you were a great guy when I saw that stash so perfect. I mean, how long have you had that stash? You and Gothier are competing for the best stash in camp so far.
Speaker 2: Let's get one thing straight. Gotthier copied me. Gotthier looks like me. I don't look like Gothier. Got there looks like me. But I've been rocking this stash for a good three years, four years a while. I know it's not impressive, but it gets the job done.
Speaker 1: Oh it does. It gives you an edge on the field, but then some classiness off the field.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, the girl likes it, so I gotta keep it.
Speaker 1: Oh, now we know the reason why you gotta keep it. Your girlfriend likes it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, she likes it, she said, I can't shave you it.
Speaker 1: The only guy that matters, the only opinion that matters though, in this clubhouse is your buddy Gavin Stone's right. What's his review on the stash?
Speaker 3: Let's ask him. Hey, Gav, come here, we got a question for you.
Speaker 1: So the stash right here, Gavin Stone takes a lot of courage to rock and keep it the way he keeps it. What's the review on Alex Freeland's stash?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just a typical stash, like whatever, you ten out of ten?
Speaker 1: You said, it's point nine. All right, we'll take it. You gotta take that from him, right, I'll take it.
Speaker 3: I'll take it, Alex.
Speaker 1: So when you're in this part of the clubhouse, it seems like the camaraderie you have with the guys you're coming up, you guys are built a really tight bond. It seems like more than others.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean just because like we all came up together, we came through the system together.
Speaker 3: I mean we played the most with each other.
Speaker 2: So like Gator, Cody Wardo, Fettie Okey, those guys rush Like we all just came up together. So we played together the most. So I think we're just easily comfortable with each other.
Speaker 1: When you look at the other end of the club, you see guys like Key k Hernandez Chris Taylor. Are you aware that that's the type of player the Dodgers are looking for, a versatile player that can play multiple positions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm aware of it.
Speaker 2: I mean, for me, like, I've only played short like my whole entire career, but I'm more than happy to go play another position a very good lineup, So I have no issues going to second, third.
Speaker 3: Right field, left bench, right bench, center bench as long as I'm on the team.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, guys that play shortstop, they have a badge of honor that they never want to move off that position. Do you feel the same way.
Speaker 3: No, I definitely feel the same way.
Speaker 2: But who's gonna tell Mookie Bets to move out of short?
Speaker 3: But again, like I said, I'll play anywhere.
Speaker 1: What's it like being in big league camp with not just veterans but established all stars.
Speaker 3: No, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: It's just like a good overall experience, just to like be around them, see how they hold themselves accountable and how they go about their business. So it's like you kind of get to feel like how you're supposed to do your thing, and like if you want to be an I started like looking at him, a look at an All Star and how he handles himself, so you're.
Speaker 3: Like you get a feel of like how you should carry yourself.
Speaker 1: So it's good a lot of you guys are getting opportunities in the games.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm sure some of these guys are pretty nervous coming in for the first time, but like yesterday was my first time being a game, and I just I was just gonna play freely and just have fun. So I mean, I think that's the best way to impress Doc or any one of these guys.
Speaker 3: Just go out and play freely.
Speaker 1: So when you were growing up, what made you choose shortstop or did short stop choose you?
Speaker 2: I think I've only and always played short I never tried to catch.
Speaker 3: I mean I pitched.
Speaker 2: I feel like every kid pitched like growing up, but like I always felt like shortstop was like the captain, and like I grew up watching Derek Jeter a lot and Chipper Jones as well, So like I figured I'd just stay on the left side of the infield and stick with that.
Speaker 1: You got a lot of Chipper Jones swagging you.
Speaker 3: I wish, I wish that'd be cool though.
Speaker 1: Alex Friedland is our guest. Also, so you're a unique player because you are very open about the fact that you have a club foot, but you find a way to perform at a high level. How did you adjust with that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it's something that I've had since birth.
Speaker 2: I'm very open about it, Like I'm more than happy to share about it with the guys that come up and ask. But it's something that I've had my whole entire life. So it's not like an adjusting to anything. When when I didn't have it, like have like a normal foot to begin with, So I didn't really adjust, like I just learned how to use it for what it is. But I've been given this god given ability to play baseball, So thanks to the man upstairs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, Alex, it's incredible to just everyday life to go through that, but to play in professional baseball. That says a lot about who you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm gonna go out there and give it my all. I mean, it is what it is. I'm not gonna say feel bad for me. Because I'm different or I'm not gonna look for handouts. I'm I'm a normal person. I'm a normal guy. Treat me like one of the other guys. So you're pretty fast too, kind of kind of.
Speaker 1: It's great to introduce you to La because all we see is the Internet and what people say about you, So in person, in living color, Alex Freeland's even better.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. There he is the man with the great stash and the great game, Alex Freeland, right next to the floppy hair of Nick frosso ling Weeni