Speaker 1: Check Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Catch the show Monday through Friday, ten am to noon on Check.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 2: Your local sports coverage lives here.
Speaker 1: And the man wearing Dennis Curran's old number six makes it too nothing.
Speaker 2: With Don Taylor, I was just gonna say underrated egg, deviled egg and Rick Dolly Wall.
Speaker 3: Now, are you gonna go on the coach at eight o'clock tonight?
Speaker 1: Sit down and let's put it in.
Speaker 2: Here's Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 1: Can't o'clock in downtown dank grub. We're the Paul Carson Studio. Thanks for tuning in, folks. It's Donnie and Dolly the team on Check. Gon Taylor along with Rick Dolly Wall. Ryan Henderson is our producer. He's the man that the controls our director. The voice of God is Derek war How are you?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm not good. It's it's raining. I don't know what the heck's going on. You're complaining what the heat is? No, he was good last night, I tell you boy. Uh, but the rain this morning. We're two days away from.
Speaker 1: Jowing and disagreeable.
Speaker 3: So you think it's okay for rain to come down.
Speaker 1: I like the variety. I like the you know, where were you.
Speaker 3: In October, November, December, January, February, March.
Speaker 1: When it rained, Well, I'll tell you what. It wasn't just rain. It was cold, it was crisp. I'm Canadian. I don't mind hold at all. I don't think you spent any time up north. I think so. You like rain nine months of the year. You know what. I grew up in Vancouver. Rain makes me feel comfortable at home.
Speaker 3: The big change for me is got a dog. Now you gotta walk the dog four or five times. You got to play with him in the backyard, throw the ball. He loves his balls, and uh, you gotta you gotta throw balls. Your father like son, you know what I mean. The dogs love balls. You throw them, they run. But hey, when you have a dog, everything changes. You gotta walk them, you gotta play with them. And I'm tired of the rain.
Speaker 1: We'll start to go fund me page for it. Hey, don't you have two sons in their twenties?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know what, he one of them brought the dog home and you know he's got the dog. I do ninety five percent of the time. It's ridiculous that happens a lot. I love him though I love Leo.
Speaker 1: Sounds like it. Okay, lots of hockey news, oh boy? All right. Obviously, Stanley Cup playoffs going on, American Hockey League playoffs going on. But we're going to start this show with well a weather update from Rick, but also the Canucks assistant coaching situation. What's the latest, Rick.
Speaker 3: Keep an eye down on a guy named Kevin Dean as a possible fit in Vancouver. An assistant coach on Adam foot Staff. Dean was let go by the Chicago Blackhawks a couple of weeks ago. High end defensive coach, has been an assistant in Chicago and Boston the last seven years. Derek Forbert had him in Boston. A few years ago. He was just an assistant on that USA team, the one the world's for the first time in ninety two years. The Canucks really like this guy. League source on Dean Donny smart, defensive coach, great with the kids. Who's coming up the ranks right now? Donny for the Canucks d beat You know, if you're gonna be great with the kids, Mancini, Hey, Leenlander, maybe Van Lander. Hey, you nailed it. Canucks have three young defensemen coming up through the ranks. You want a defensive coaches good with the kids. This is the guy, Kevin Dean.
Speaker 1: And let's just make sure we got things right here. This is not Kevin Dunning.
Speaker 3: It's Kevin Dean, that's right, right, Yeah, Kevin Deneen has the coach for decades.
Speaker 1: Stumped you there?
Speaker 3: No, I know, Kevindanean. What are you talking about? Philadelphia?
Speaker 1: Hartford?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me? He was a great player and a coach.
Speaker 1: Blackhawks finished thirty first overall, and they know what they did in that year, Well, they fired everybody. They let go of this guy and the Canucks pick him up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, if he's on the radar, he's on the radar. I can tell you that much right now.
Speaker 1: No, But I mean, you know it's you know, you tend to be quite negative. So one of the worst teams in the league lets him go and the Canucks pick him up.
Speaker 3: If they pick him up. But I you know that plastic defenseman they got in Chicago, he's turned into a top forty. He worked with him, He helped develop that guy. And Donnie, I'll tell you this much too. A lot of teams are after Dean right now. He's well thought of in the hockey world. But what did Chicago do at the end of the year. They fired everybody.
Speaker 1: Don't that brings me to this? This wasn't at the end of the season, but they also let go of Luke Richardson during the season head coach. Wasn't he on the radar for the Canucks as an assistant coach as well? Because Adam Foote said, I'm paraphrasing here something to the effect of, hey, look, we probably need some experience on the staff.
Speaker 3: Kevin anyway, demon, I've been told they're still on the Canucks radar along with this Kevin Dean. Now you're going to get I will almost said Kevin Denan. I just did Kevin Dean Anyways. I believe Luke Richardson's still in the mix, but I believe this Dean guy. Keep an eye on him.
Speaker 1: Keep an eye on him anybody else. Regard the Canucks' assistant coaching staff. What's happening with Yogi Yo? Yeah, they like Yogi.
Speaker 3: I will not be surprised, Darnie if Yogi's Backkski Sevskovski, one of the best skill guys in the Lower Mainland. Don't you know him through minor hockey. I've known him through minor hockey. This guy, I'll tell you some of the top NHL stars get Yogi. They fly him all over North America in the summer to train and do stuff with him. He's really good.
Speaker 1: Kevin Dean as a hockey player, drafted by the Devils, not as a coach. As a player eighty six to overall round five in nineteen eighty seven. Strange situation with his Hockey dB page in that and if indeed he gets hired, if indeed this happens, maybe well he's with the Canucks. I don't know if this is going to happen, but if you ever get him on the show. In ninety five, the dB page has him listed as winning a Stanley Cup with the Devils and a call to Cup with the Albany river Rats the Devil's Farm Club. Oh wow, put that in your pipe, pipeball smoke it. Also an assistant coach before he went to the Blackhawks with the Boston Bruins, and spent a lot of time with the Providence Bruins as well, one year as a head coach.
Speaker 3: Derek Forbird, who I said last week, you know, might be leaning towards leaving Vancouver now, Forbert loves this guy, and maybe he stays in Vancouver, so things change week to week.
Speaker 1: Kevin Dean spent a season ninety nine double zero with the Atlanta Thrashers and rain for Horizon player.
Speaker 3: Wow Kevin in too many years too?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, and as you mentioned, helped the US win the World Championship recently part of that part of that staff. Okay. Meanwhile, Florida beats Carolina last night in the Eastern Final, Eastern Conference Final of the National Hockey League five three, so the Panthers not surprisingly win that series in five. Do we know Fred Brendermoor has been fired yet? Right? Do we have that information at all?
Speaker 4: Is Well a post game he kind of ripped into it. He said, all I hear about his negativity. I think that is what it is. I think that's what it was. He almost said, Yeah, that Ryan guy in Vancouver, that punk, he's been ripping me. But he said a lot of negativity about our record in this and that he won one game again in the Eastern Conference finals. So I guess you've improved a little bit. The bottom line is you choked again.
Speaker 1: Okay, we had this argument a million times. You're so wrong, And he did say the Florida is now that they hires somebody who's never been to a conference final. You know, let go Rod Brenda Moore and I'll say it again sells hockey. Well, he's also your buddy. So this is when it comes down to.
Speaker 4: He said hi to you in the morning skate one time or something in Sonwi're.
Speaker 3: Tayner Hall just re signed in Carolina after a short period. They asked him why. He said Rod Brinda loved the guy. That's Jalen Chatfield told his agent, I'm not going to the UFA mark because i love Brenda Moore. So you know what, put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Speaker 1: Players love them.
Speaker 4: Players must love getting to the Eastern Conference final and then fizzling out your after your tea.
Speaker 1: The team that you follow more than any other is the Vancouver Connects. Would you be okay with them getting to the Western Conference final? You're in your out even if they do lose again. It made this point the other day.
Speaker 4: If that played out for seven straight years, he's gone three times out of the East Conference final. You're telling me the conversation would not in this market. Be it what's the deal?
Speaker 1: Why can't they get over the hump? Be a conversation about amongst people who do nothing about hockey.
Speaker 4: No, exactly, they can't get over the help, they can't get over the hup the carolina or can't take it has more.
Speaker 1: To do with coaching or more to do with personnel. It has to do with personnel.
Speaker 4: Okay, but the one common denominator. They've had changes on the roster, one common denomination. You had this head coach earlier and I won. Let's just we won.
Speaker 1: You lost. Let me tell you though, Rod Brendamore is a scary individual, Like last night postgame, his.
Speaker 4: Eyes, it's just like, well he's you know, and he's got that little gray hair, like the little part of the top.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, but I'm afraid of anybody. And Rick Hacket's in this category as well, anybody with muscles in their face, right, that's that's frightening to me. Do you want to tell that guy's fired? No, Like I said, whatever you want. If I saw him wash his car, like he came into the studio ron just before we started, Ryan wanted you to get fired last year. I'd love to see it. Let's let's next LULLI. Can we get on Quinn's with us today? Can we get onto the subject We wanted to talk about this situation after the game if we got the video here. It was strange and I was wondering about it. Paul Maurice with a long converse end of the series, end of the game, long conversation with Rod Brindemore, and I was wondering at that. With that, I was wondering, what the heck are they talking about. Maybe it's, you know, something that happened during the game, and maybe Paul Maurice was was complaining. But we find out it had to do we got the clip here. It had to do with the handshake line and Paul Maurice's belief that coaches shouldn't take part in the NHL end of series handshake line.
Speaker 5: It's a personal belief and I really appreciate what he did because I understand the risk that there's a bit of a risk go so the story goes like this, I don't believe that the coaches should shake players hands at the end. I don't There's this long list of people in suits and tracksuits. I mean, we had like four hundred people on the They're all really important to our group, but not one of them was in the game. There's something for me visually with the camera on of just the men who played block shots, who fought for each other. It's the end of one season, it's excitement for the other. The last thing that a player on the Carol Hi and Hurricanes deserves is fifty more guys in suits have They have no idea who they are, and that's not a negative. There should be something really kind of beautiful about just the camera on those men who played shaking hands and we should respect that. So we talked to Craig Berubi on the ice in Toronto, and I figured if I could, if I could sell it in Toronto, and he was he understood it because he's played and Roddy's played, so they both kind of get it. I don't know where it changed. When I first got in the league, you would never go shake the players. Now some coach wanted to get on camera, is the only thing I can figure out right, And there's a I don't know, maybe you want to shake Wing Gretzky's hand or something. I don't know why it changed, but I don't think it's right. I think there's a really nice, kind of beautiful part of our game when just the players shake hands at the end. When you think of all the wars, that's not the right word, all the great competitions on the ice, I mean hard going after each other, and yet they shake hands like that. That's special. They're not sending Christmas cards to each other. This was nasty out there, something very special to it. So I appreciate the risk that he took because he's concerned that somebody here is going to be upset that they didn't shake our players' hands. I asked him not to, and he said any and and he understood it. So that's what happened.
Speaker 1: I get where he's coming from. It's his belief. I'm just not sure of the timing of the conversation. I don't know exactly when you'd want to have that conversation. It's out there now, so everybody's aware of it and they can make their own choice. But right right at the end of a series, and you could tell that Rod Brindamore was not happy. Well, he wasn't sure what to do with that. I mean you want respect for your fellow coach, but is that the time to do it? And also I'm going to disagree with him. Who am I to say? It's Paul Maurice, He's want to Stanley Cup and what the hell do I know? But I think the coaches are involved in the battle. He used the war and I'm people hate the war comparison, But are generals involved, They're making decisions that they're there, They involved in a you know, I think they are. And I think two there. I think there are probably players on the Panthers who wouldn't mind shaking Rod Brendamore's hand exactly. I think, first.
Speaker 3: Of all, you nailed it. Brenda Moore just lost his team got kicked out. Not the time, not the time to have a lecture. That's all Maurice was doing is lecturing, and Ryan.
Speaker 1: Helped me out of here.
Speaker 3: There's photos of Paul Maurice doing this the handshake to two series ago, two series ago. So did he just wake up one morning and say everybody stop, like stop lecturing Rod Brenda Moore, Like I I just very not at that time as right here, yeah, right here.
Speaker 1: This was after the first round, the first.
Speaker 3: Round, so Paul Maurice is doing this in the first round, decides round two against Toronto to change round three.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna lecture Brenda Moore. Come on, man, yeah yeah. And he didn't do it after the Leaf series if if I'm not mistaken, he didn't he told to do it. But I mean, come on, you know, it's hard to knock somebody who is whose team is onto its third straight uh Stanley Cup final, who won a Stanley Cup last year. I just I just wonder about the timing. That's the number one problem I have with this. That's your belief. Hey, you know some you're having a beer somewhere, you know, in the offseason. Rob, what do you think of is this? Is this right? It's not. It's not the other thing too. It's not a rule. And and look there are he there are his players, The Panthers are his players. Maybe he feels they shouldn't shake a coach's hand. I know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: He's got the right to do it himself, but he doesn't have the right to tell the opposing code.
Speaker 1: Not at that time. No, I don't think so. But I'll tell you what. It's good for talk shows. So I was like that, like us kind of pleased it happened. But good Ryan, Okay, here's what's coming up on the show. Quin Tator's helping us out in the studio as well. DTMZ Is it just me coming up in the eleven o'clock hour. Yespra Sorenson is gonna join us. Pride of Denmark love them, head coach of the Vancouver white Caps. Scoreless draw last night at BC Place against Minnesota and MLS play, so they're unbeaten. Streak across all competitions goes up to fifteen games. They have that big match Sunday Mexico City against Cruise Azoul CONCACAFF champions Cup Finals. So Yespa's gonna join us just after eleven o'clock. Big ride the quitter Guy later this hour and up next. He's an old coach. You'll have a few things to say about the NHL handshake line farhand Lollsy from TSN Donnie and Dolly the Team.
Speaker 2: Check Donnie and Dolly. The Team is supported by Abelauctions dot CA. Closing your business we can.
Speaker 1: Help Able Auctions specializes in hewing British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 3: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories, or any other type of business assets.
Speaker 1: Able Auctions can help for a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email sales at able auctions dot Ca. That's sales at ABLA auctions dot Ca.
Speaker 3: The Mayside Resort is a booutique luxury resort like no other. Nestled on the bluff above beautiful Parksville Beach, this beautiful ocean front property prides themselves on offering a uncompromising fusion of West Coast authenticity and bespoke luxury.
Speaker 1: Their guests have come to expect a truly personal experience where all senses are indulged.
Speaker 3: The setting is gorgeous, the memories last a lifetime. Whether you're looking for a pen aramic ocean view or an on site fitness center, indoor outdoor pool, ocean front restaurant, loud high speed internet access, or the perfect place for your next corporate event, the Baseide ocean Front Resort the perfect choice any.
Speaker 1: Time of the year.
Speaker 4: It's called two five zero, two four eight eight, triple three and fuck yours day.
Speaker 6: Today Thursday, and all our guests today including Farhands standing by.
Speaker 1: Brought to you by our pole question sponsored the Waddling Dog for ahand Loalgy joining us now from TSN Farhand, Thanks for doing this, sir, are you I'm good.
Speaker 7: I had a refreshing change to my day today.
Speaker 8: Rather than talking to Henderson, I got to talk to one Quinn Taylor.
Speaker 7: I didn't realize it was bring your kid to work there. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he comes here every Thursday and today he's handling your segment. Because you're so easy to deal with. We thought this was a good way to when you go that compliment to you, far It.
Speaker 7: Well, it's about time you had a professional in the building there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well you got that right, You got that right. Okay, you're a coach, you've been a coach. Yeah, we talked about this in the first segment. I know the sport you've coached has been football, But in regards to hockey, are you okay with NHL coaches taking part in handshake lines? You don't.
Speaker 8: Look, I'm mixed about it, first of all, Like philosophically yes, right, I.
Speaker 7: Mean they're part of the game, they're part of the team. They're part of the narrative.
Speaker 1: All of that.
Speaker 8: But I also appreciate and respect the sentiment that Paul Maurice had right that there's so much in the way of support staff that you know, the other players don't necessarily know that. It does elongate the process, especially if you're the team on the other end you've lost, right and you know the other team's about to celebrate and things like that. So, you know, I kind of get it right, like if you kind of left the support staff away, maybe there's kind of a happy media in there. I don't know, But you know, at the same time, I appreciate moments like Pete de Boor and at the end of that series against Winnipeg him being able to hug Mark Schifley and tell him your father would have been proud of you, right, So that moment, that opportunity is also lost.
Speaker 7: So I don't know that there's a wrong answer, right, you know.
Speaker 9: I think.
Speaker 8: When certain sports present their championship trophy and it goes right to the owner, I think that's wrong, yes, But in terms of this, I don't know that there's necessarily a wrong answer here.
Speaker 7: I get both sides of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, My problem with it is the timing of the I guess if you want to call it a lecture from Paul Maurice towards towards Rod Brindamore.
Speaker 8: Aren't you supposed to say that before the game and then you're assuming you're gonna win, right, Like, there's no good time for him to say that. It's just I'm gonna come over to your bench and I'm gonna shake your hand because they don't want to go through through around it. So I get it, like it's it's awkward television because it was clear Brindamore wanted to go out and do that. But you know, I'm sure at some point there's gonna be a meeting in the offseason about anna analyt right. So much different about NHL celebrations. Think about Baseball right, where they basically pop champagne for everything, including making the wild card right like, as opposed to the NHL where they don't want to touch the trophy. So I don't know if they'll have a protocol, but.
Speaker 1: You know who knows.
Speaker 8: I get it, and I'm sure every coach is going to have their own preference here.
Speaker 1: It's good for talk shows, far hand, that's all we care about. So all we care about content, content, good content.
Speaker 3: Forget about the handshake thing. Florida is a third straight trip to the Stanley Cup Finals. When I look at the Canucks far hand, and I look at Florida, and I see how far they are behind, how much work they got to do. Look, the Canucks are out of their pro scouting meetings. June is around the corner. Brace yourself for some changes and brace yourself for some big moods from the Canucks. I can't see anything otherwise. They got to get going here and at the time is around the corner.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Rick, they have to and they're so far away, right Like when you look at the depth of that Florida team and just how they're built back to front, and you know, when you have experience, you know that just adds so much to it and then it makes it so much easier to build. Right, Like, the canucksre are really at a Jim Benning stage from remember with the year that he had to give all those guys four year contracts and I think there were seven four year contracts given out at free agency, and four of them were by the Canucks and they were all marginal players, right, and I remember talking to a Canuck executive in the parking lot of Roger's Arena that day and him telling me we had to, like, we had no choice. We weren't getting these guys without that. And they're back in that circle again. And you know you've heard reporting about how the drama that happened this year and the Quinn Hughes situation and everything like that, that's going to make it difficult for Canucks for the Conductions to be able to get guys to sign as free agents, to waive their no trade clauses, all of it. So when you're Florida and you've got the benefits of winning and taxes and sun, it becomes easier to build when you get to this point, right Like certainly the would have been a point for Florida where it was difficult because they were paraty of to lose. But now you add all the good stuff on top of winning, and the Connuction are so far away from that. So you know, whether they we know their needs at center, well, they have to take away from the back end or the wing to add to the to the solution at center. All of that, it's it's gonna feel like a game of whacka Mole this summer and we'll see if they can even wind up having one more whacked down than pops up by the time we get to September.
Speaker 3: There is winning, though, It's just not in Vancouver. It's inn Absburg.
Speaker 7: You know, Hey, stuff, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: Texas tonight, Galardi versus Aquallini. It's it's gonna be good. It's gonna be good. You were out there covering practice yesterday. But I mean, the great thing with the Canucks, Manny Maloliture is done just a fabulous job down in Abbey.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Man, he's been fantastic, you know.
Speaker 8: And you hear the messaging post game, and like I was watching one of the clips and just seeing how the players were locked on him, right, and he his messages getting across. And you know, we don't say this often because the organization has done such a poor job of development, and some of that has been because of how they've drafted, right, they haven't put enough into the system because they're always trying to play for now. But all of that said, with the collection of players that Manny has had this year, this team is finding ways to win. They're getting production from players this organization needs to produce. They've resuscitated Archer Sheilav's value. Like there's so much positive that's gone on there, and you know, hopefully the organization can ride the wave and get into a final, right because you don't get to these points off and I think, what's been ten years since the Canucks have done this and certainly not the abbots.
Speaker 7: For a version.
Speaker 8: So it's a really good story and it's nice to crowd just starting to come out in Abbotsford and pay attention.
Speaker 1: Talk with frearhand lology. BC Lions play their second or final preseason game Friday in Edmonton, any idea, and he only took four stamps, I believe over in Vancouver Island. Any idea. How much Nathan Rourke is going to play?
Speaker 8: I think you'll play somewhere between a quarter and a half, right, just depending on how it goes. If the first quarter is good, he probably doesn't see it ton of second quarter time and vice versa. But yeah, they want to get him going. They knew that in one of these two games they needed him to play, so I would expect that you're going to see the starting unit, right, like as many starters that are available on the offensive side of the ball especially, will play in this game. You know, I don't know about au Una the right guard, ter de Joan Allen the right tackle. I think those guys might take a little bit more time to get going. But you know, in terms of the starting receiving corps, we're gonna see James Butler, We're going to see that entire group. So I'm looking forward to seeing it because you know, there's been some areas they've needed upgrade.
Speaker 7: We'll see what it looks like.
Speaker 8: Against them, you know, And this is going to be kind of the best version of a preseason game because it'll.
Speaker 7: Be both team's best.
Speaker 8: Groups, right, Whereas usually teams put their best group on the field at home and not necessarily a way. The Lions didn't do that because about early that first preseason game came in Victoria, right, they wanted to give those guys a little more runway. So now you're gonna see the rare situation where the best Edmonton and the best of BC for the most part, we'll play for at least a short period of time, and it'll be a week one preview. Whereas you know, you look at Calgary and what they did to Edmonton last week. You know, Edmonton didn't have anybody right, whereas Calgary played their starters at home. It was a lot different measuring stick as opposed to what this one will look like.
Speaker 1: Is Aaron Rodgers going to sign with the Pittsburgh Theaters and they're talking about that signing maybe coming in early September.
Speaker 7: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 8: It's ridiculous, right, the amount of drama and attention and theater around this player constantly, and that look, I don't know what he's dealing with family wise, but I'm sorry when it comes to Aaron Rodgers, I'm just preconditioned to rolling my eyes a little bit right because of his process and.
Speaker 7: What he needs to go through. And you know, is it worth it?
Speaker 8: If you're Pittsburgh, I know you don't want Mason Rudolph to be your quarterback, but I'm telling you, you know, to Codbrick, Dollywall, I'm telling you, Aaron Rodgers is going to show up and half that locker room is going to not be interested in him. They're going to be disappointed. It's not going to be good for that room to begin with because they'll know he's not all in. Because all into them means, you know, ten eleven months all into Aaron Rodgers might be eight, and that's just not good enough.
Speaker 7: In the sport.
Speaker 8: They're gonna behind from a chemistry standpoint, they're gonna behind in terms of the offense, all of it.
Speaker 7: It's just it's not a good situation.
Speaker 8: And it's unfortunate that an organization feels desperate enough to let this player dictate terms because at this age he's just not worth it.
Speaker 1: And yet one way or the other, will all watch We all watch you every Thursday on this show. Thanks for this, farheand begrudgingly.
Speaker 7: All right, wait, well done, buddy.
Speaker 1: Segment's not over, farhand. Thanks for this, appreciate it for an logy, Tia Sam, I thought he's going to give me a thanks back there. Yeah, I thought he was left me hanging, left me hanging thirty one to four Stampeders over the Abonton team that the Lions are playing on Friday. That was the score, Bernon Adams. Okay, uh, we thank you, Forehead. We're gonna update the poll. Question next is Donnie and Dolly the team It's one love golf, but hate the rain.
Speaker 3: Hideout Golf is now open located in the Sands Hotel on Davy Street. Hideout Golf is your new go to golf simulator bar, perfect for everything from casual rounds to competitive play.
Speaker 1: Hideout Golf has an exclusive offer for Donnie and Dolly listeners. Get twenty five percent off simulator time for your first booking. Just use the promo code Dad Dad twenty five. That's Dad Dad twenty five.
Speaker 3: Ready to t up your next night out? Book now at a Hideout Golf dot C eight.
Speaker 1: Watling Dog Poll question has to do with the end of last night's Hurricanes Panthers game. Visit one of Victoria's favorite pubs where you can enjoy twenty taps twenty screens your home for the connuction UFC. Come sit and stay at the Dog.
Speaker 3: Today, Rick Ryan get her up the Wattling Dog Pop Bowl question. Should NHL coaches participate in the handshake line Yes, No or don't care don't care wow forty eight percent? Then comes thirty six percent yes, sixteen nine forty votes. Already he's hopping.
Speaker 1: It's popping and not stomping. Delaney's okay, Tyron Langley and Aldergrove inbox. This is from Martin Davies in Comoks. You know it's a serious submission when they when they full name, go full name, didn't put his middle name in. Paul Maurice chooses not to shake the other team's hands, he should try it. He should not try to influence what other coaches wish to do. Paul does not speak for his own players either. They should be allowed to shake the hands of anyone they wish, and that includes Rod b. Again, that's from Martin Davies in Beautiful Comos. That's just if I'm a player and I've been around for a while, and you do interact with other teams a bit, obviously, But I think a lot of guys would like to meet Rod brindanmore, a lot of guys would like to meet Paul Maurice, even if it's for four seconds or four and a half seconds. M'd have played for him four years ago. You never know. But you know, the other thing too, is that it's such a small world. Yes, and I know you've just you know, it's obviously not going to be your number one priority. Your number one priority is to try to, you know, if you're a Florida Panthers, to beat Rod Brindemore's Carolina Hurricanes. But it's such a small world guarantee some of those players have some sort of connection or maybe their fathers or relatives do with Rod brindanmore, they wouldn't mind chatting with him for a second.
Speaker 3: Donnie, this has been happening for thirty forty fifty sixty years and Paul Maurice just wants to change it in the last two weeks.
Speaker 1: Come on, I get it. I think he comes from a good place. Again, I'll go back to the timing issue. Like it's just like he doesn't have the right to tell Brynnemore's pissed off and they've just lost and he has to deal with in a postgame interviews talking to his team. He doesn't need the election from Paul Murrays at that point, was this before or after the headshakes? It was before, it was after the game up before the game? No, But was it before the handshakes or after? It was before?
Speaker 3: Okay, he doesn't have the right to do you watching last thing? No, but I got he doesn't have the right to do this. He doesn't not at that time. I think you know it's it's it's something maybe you get together with some coaches like I said in the first segment, a couple of beer or maybe just one other coach.
Speaker 1: And hey, what do you think about this? But not that point, it's emotional. At this point Rod just walked away. It's like, okay, buddy, they didn't have a brawl. Oh, coaching staff against coaching staff. That would be a story you can tell.
Speaker 4: Brenda Moore is basically saying he's taking a back dude.
Speaker 1: He's like not now, yeah, like I'm just trying to get out of here. Man, Hey you won you know? Like yeah? And he and Rod Brandamore didn't shake hands.
Speaker 4: Well no, because again, then that opens another can of worms, right Brenda Moore says, blows him off and does it anyway, and Maurice isn't involved, then it's you have one guy and at the other, and then it's a whole other thing. So I'm gonna guess Brenda Moore went you know what he said?
Speaker 1: I'm sure in the end, and you have he has to think quickly as if he needs that at that point. I said this in the first segment as well. These are Paul Maurice's players. If he doesn't want his players to shake the coach's hands, I guess it's his right, but it's not a law.
Speaker 4: But and again, as we talked about, he did it Maurice in the first round. That's it, Like, yeah, you didn't do it in Toronto. You decided did he talk to Maruba? For whatever reason it was Toronto. Maybe that's why the added fish bowl. You thought it would be better not to remember. It's just bizarre. And again is you know, we talk and he is a very good communicator. And I actually do listen, like listening to him talk Paul Maurice, both of them actually, But like what this is just an added thing you're bringing into the mix, Like why are you bringing this storyline conversation.
Speaker 1: That you don't have to? I get maybe you could talk about it in a more casual situation, but not that. Well, forget the lecture you won. Good for you stop with the lecture. Yeah, you know, I I I And again he's in charge of his players. I get that. I just I'm going over old ground here. But he just didn't like the timing you.
Speaker 3: Won, he lost, and you're giving him a lecture you won, he lost, and brutal timing, brutal time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's almost like he's picking on him at that point. If it's possible to pick.
Speaker 4: Again, I think a lot of what he said I actually agree with. And once you once you did that with Brubay, why not pull brindanmore aside before game one because they would have ran into each other at some point and said, hey, look at last round, this is what happened. No matter what happens here my plan at the end of this series. And I'm not going to shake hands with the players. You could have told him then, but to do it on the ice right after the game.
Speaker 1: And that time there's two guys I don't want to be telling what to do, Craig Bruby and Rod Brinda. No kidding, just me.
Speaker 3: Not an inch of fat on either one. I mean those guys are built. I mean they work out every day.
Speaker 1: You know that well, Rod the bodd And if you've seen some old boy, there was an incident with Paul at Paul what happened with him. Craig, you never make a mistake. I forgot Craig Ruby. Hey, Rick, Greg Ruby, which was really tough to watch. Yeah, and and not nothing against the Ruby at all from newest mister Brewin. But this is going way back to the eighties when he's playing with the Flyers. I don't want to mess with that guy. Yeah, all right. Meanwhile, the Florida Panthers, I'm going to state the obvious here. I often do that, but just what an impressive team you look at, uh four, their five goals, not including the empty net goal last night, where were they all scored from right in front of the net? And how you know, you minor hockey, junior hockey, you merely go to the front of the end. Good things happen, you know, And punctuated by what turned out to be the winning goal, what a play by Barkoff here and behind the net, taking on Orloff, who was doing his job, and you know, nine out of ten defensemen aren't going to be able to handle Barkoff and he gets the puckive. Hey, you know, enough's being made about that shot, which was from the den top angle, but it was just a tremendous play by Barkop. But in front of the net, you.
Speaker 3: Kids out there, well, what about Barkoff? They just talked about your best two hundred foot player in the NHL. But superstar player making a difference at the right time. That's why you pay these guys eleven twelve thirteen million for this or eleven six, eleven six. This is why you pay Barkoff what you pay them. And we're not even talking about how greatest defensive game is. But boy, oh boy, that's why you pay guys like that the big bucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just really really impressive. Now. The other thing that you watch the Panthers play, and obviously everybody's been focused anybody who's a hockey fan who's been focused on them in these playoffs, especially during the conference finals, but they do so many things well, go to the front of the net, they're tough. You know, what they do follows. I'll say it from from a coaching point of view, and this is part of it. Watch them break out. It's just I love watching them break out if something's not there. How many times did you see the Panthers during that series just flip the puck up if something's not there. They don't mess around. They keep things simple or high and hard off the glass, flipping the puck in the air where the opposition can very few giveaways, and they're not afraid at all to go to the middle to break out. But the little short passes just so well coached. Here, we are compliment complimenting pal Mariice, but that's just a really good hockey team. And when things break down, what happens. They've got Vibroski go.
Speaker 3: Strong up the middle of the ice. The fore check is great. They're a heavy set team. And Donnie last night Brendamore said that was hard hockey. Brad Tree Living this morning in Toronto said Florida's a standard. There is the standard Brandamore said it last night, Tree Living said it this morning. So if you're the Vancouver Canucks, okay, the standard is Florida. Okay, that's what Heavy said us. So far, so far, they're miles they're not even closer.
Speaker 1: Again, sad. The sad part is that they were getting there at this time last year. Yes, And when I say that, it's when they had Miller, when they had the door off and there was some edge. Nothing against anybody right now, but there was that edge there and that that and and it wasn't complete, but it was getting close and it just went away so quickly. And I know a lot had to do with a very unusual situation with two of the star players not getting along. But that's hard to take for Vancouver hockey fence that they were, they were going in the right direction. Building was alive, there was some edge, The city was aliven. The city was alive, and it wasn't It wasn't just about winning. It was the way they were winning. Nobody was pushing them around. It was it was a lot of fun for a lot of people who have waited for a long time, and it looks like they're gonna wait even longer now.
Speaker 3: But just think about what Brendamore said, hard hockey hard What are the Canucks don't have a lot of hard players, hard skill.
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 3: They're not hard to play against. They gotta find some guys that are hard to play against.
Speaker 1: Don Okay, And for people who are just tuning in, we mentioned that Kevin Dean, who recently was let go by the Chicago Blackhawks, looks like well, the rumor is that he's on his way to Vancouver to become one of Adam Foot's assistant coaches. Why are you laughing?
Speaker 3: I think that's the guy that Canucks are interested and I will see if he ends up in bed, but I think he's on the radar.
Speaker 1: Good defensive coach. Donnie.
Speaker 3: For those defensemen. And what are the Canucks got coming up? Some good young d Dpad and Will Lander and men. This Mancini kid, go out and see him play tonight against Texas Western Final. He's been good. He's been a horse in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Kevin Dean from Madison, Wisconsin. Yeah, home of the Badgers. And you mentioned it also with the Canucks. Abasford Canucks tonight game one at home against Cole Linde and the Texas Stars. What's the latest on Attu Ratu who hasn't played since Well, what do you want me to do?
Speaker 4: I'm not an a to Ratu expert, you know, a medical guy in Abmsberg.
Speaker 3: I have not covered them day to day like I covered the Canucks day to day. Well, they are the Canucks, No, the baby Canucks. They're the baby Canucks. But they've been winning in Abbsburg, Donnie, without their number one center to Ratu. Here's another stat for you, don Abitsburg is twenty four to four and two. Are you ready for that? In their last thirty games since March first, they've been on an incredible role. And Manny Maholter, I'll tell you this guy if he doesn't get he didn't get the Canucks job, but people around the league are noticing the drums.
Speaker 1: And opening in Pittsburgh. His old buddy Kyle Dubis.
Speaker 3: But I'm here in mitchms. I'm here in Mitch Love and Pittsburgh. Possibly Donnie did the Canucks. The Canucks were interested in him, Mitch was their son. Well, he's with the Capitals. Was there some thought about him being an assistant code here?
Speaker 1: No, he was here for you. You feel like I'm surprising, Tony. You're catching me off all these questions. Hey, we talked about before the show.
Speaker 3: They interviewed Mitch Love and Vancouver for the head coaching job.
Speaker 1: Okay, not the Well, sometimes he's already in assistance. Times people get interviewed for a head coaching job, they end up being an assistant coach.
Speaker 4: And he's a BC boy too. By the way, Mitch Love, there you go for average silver tip.
Speaker 1: Dtm Z and is it just me coming up in the eleven o'clock hour along with Yes, Berce Sorenson at the top of the hour, Big Ride. The Twitter guy is next, but not before we take care of our title sponsor. Considering closing your business. We're talking about able auctions. Here Rick any thoughts on.
Speaker 3: Oh well great Jeremy, great guy.
Speaker 1: Not sure how to get everything sold and you're building emptied? Let the experts at Able Auctions help. Abel has been helping business owners and managers sell surplus equipment, inventory and vehicle fleets in a timely and orderly matter for decades. To set a quick email to Sales Atable Auctions dot CA to get started. We'll get your right We'll get right back to you. Rather with some ideas and auctions quick, easy, free and absolutely no obligations. Sales at able Auctions dot CA. Sales at ab l e Auctions dot CA. A again Yes. Pers Sorensen of the white Caps on their way to Mexico City. He's at the top of the hour. Up next, Big Rye Donnie Dolley the team on check.
Speaker 3: Our podcast is brought to you in part by birds Nest Properties, lower Mainlands leader in rental property management. From finding a tenant to collecting rents and property maintenance. Birds Nest Properties delivers five star property management services with the reviews to prove it. Birds Nest Properties your Vancouver property managers who take care of everything so you don't have to own a rental property. Give the folks at birds Nest Properties a call today six oh four two six to zero, double nine, double five, or visit Birdsnest Properties dot CA.
Speaker 1: Just before we get to Big Rye, Troy and Victoria Delaney's okay, tying Langley an all the grove inbox. Maybe what Paul Murray's actually said to Rod was, hey, buddy, grab a box and pack up your office. Some guy in Vancouver says you're done again. That's Troy and Victoria speaking of which Big Rye.
Speaker 4: I think that is this distinct possibility. Oh that he heard me ripping and that's what he was angry about. It's possible, Big brother Twitter guys, or maybe not big other Twitter guy.
Speaker 1: Brought to you by Surrey Mitsubishi.
Speaker 4: It is the final days of the Outlander plug In Hybrid Electric Vehicle Day, happening at Surrey Mitsubishi this month again a few days remaining, save eighty five hundred off their most popular all wheel drive suv. The Outlander plug in Hybrid is whisper quiet, fuel efficient, lets you drive electrical gas and can fit seven passengers of three roads of seating. Eighty five savings are your until May the thirty first on the outlinder plug in hybrid at Suri Mitsubishi. Visit them in store one three eight two zero one o fourth Avenue in Suri.
Speaker 1: I have to say this that when I was coaching minor hockey, oftentimes we'd look at the opposition bench and you'd come off the off the bench onto the ice, and you'd see the other coaches not taking part in the hand jakeline, and there is oftentimes a sense of relief amongst the coaching staff because that meant we didn't have to walk across the ice and risk falling. Yes, right, the walk of death.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you, when I see anybody going the ice, trainer, coach whatever, in shoes, dress, shoes, whatever, it is one of the most nervous things to watch. Like, I am just so scared for those people.
Speaker 1: Everybody I know has either if they haven't fallen, they've stumbled one day. I don't know if he wants me saying this, but Ron Toygo has a great start when he was coaching minor hockey about slipping on the ice. I've seen a ton of coaches take the spell the walk of death.
Speaker 4: All right, last segment, you guys, of course we're talking about Florida moving on to the Stanley Cup Final for the third straight year. This is from arda Ocale of ESPN. Florida will now have a team in the Stanley Cup Final for the sixth straight year. A state slash province Cup final streak of six plus has happened three other times in NHL history New York the Rangers in seventy nine and the Islanders from eighty until eighty four.
Speaker 1: That was six times, eight times.
Speaker 4: In Alberta the Oilers in three different spells, and then the Flames were in there in eighty six and eighty nine, and ten times in Quebec with Montreal from nineteen fifty to nineteen sixty.
Speaker 1: Taylor covered all of those series in that decade. Ye know, you got to come up with something else, Like it was all straight there too at one point.
Speaker 4: This is something you've touched on, but again it really is starting to bug me more and more. Taxes know that the state of Florida is in six straight cup finals, one of which is in the bubbles.
Speaker 1: So you can remove what if you want for the lightning if you want, But the.
Speaker 4: Bottom line is that they've been able to put these teams together the two organizations in that state, which again especially with Florida. Florida bugs me more than Tampa because we used to always hear I remember when you guys we talk about it ten forty and people from Florida would always say, Tampa's a really strong market. Don't lump them in with what's happening with the Panthers. Well, they've had their issues, they've had their issues, but that was more of the stronger market. So I have more problem with the Panthers. And now the three straight that's so damn impressive. And I'm sorry, I can't help but think that they're in the start of their window.
Speaker 1: Like I don't, I know, Sam, Bennett's a question mark. Your contract graduation is very very good if they resign, if they re signed Bennett, yes, Bebroski's up at the end of next year, but a lot of their especially up front, signed last for multiple seasons. Yes, tax free state.
Speaker 3: You have the beautiful beaches, the water, you have you walk your dog, walk the dog. Uh, you have no media stop don stop, beautiful place to play hockey you walk in. You can walk down the street, the beach. No one knows you you know what, and you can't do that in Vancouver. But anyways, this is why they're winning.
Speaker 1: Ryan.
Speaker 3: The players love the tax the free state, go to the games and flip flops. You know what, there's no media you love it. There's no psycho.
Speaker 1: Anti passion. What are you talking about, don The media passionate about hockey in Vancouver. In Canada, fans passionate about hockey in Vancouver.
Speaker 3: So Matthew Kachuk left, Where do you leave, Donny?
Speaker 1: Calgary? Where to go? Florida? Sam Reinard, know, I'm not saying you're wrong. Yeah, I'm saying that. I just I have a hard time believing that players, players are so weak minded that those sort of things would bother did matter? Those things matter. You may not, it's you may You may not believe it. No I believe that. Believe it. I don't think it's right.
Speaker 3: Well, too bad. Number one thing. Talk to enough age. You're antimedia. No, it's not not antimedia, Sam Reinard, great kid from North Van, hours away from being a UFA.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 3: He signed in Florida, got the deal done and took less money. You know what, that guy in the Canadian market would have got eleven twelve and he ended up with nine whatever that they love being in Florida.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but is number one. But more importantly, it doesn't come down to them with no media. But it also comes down to them winning because look at Seattle has no tax.
Speaker 4: I don't want that people walking to the Seattle Kraken because there's no tax. They're also an expansion team that has done nothing since he entered the NHL.
Speaker 10: There's no no tax thing it matters. It's look at the teams that have no tax. It's also it's Dallas, Fils, Nevada, Nashville, but I mean Nashville.
Speaker 1: I mean it's not like they've run this. It comes down sim Sam Ryan Rick.
Speaker 4: If if Florida won last year and everyone went look at the age of their core there at the back end of this, maybe he doesn't stay. He stays because the outlook with the Panthers, Yeah, the tax.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe it's his circle because maybe the outlook is good because a lot of players have stayed.
Speaker 3: Sure the deal to me, Denzel leaves Carolina and and literally two weeks later where he picked Tapa bab.
Speaker 1: Why would you not want to play in Carolina?
Speaker 3: I have no Last time I checked there's not many beaches in Carolina like the ones that A second's beautiful.
Speaker 1: I don't know that. Where was Gensel close to going though? Where was he? Where was he close to going here?
Speaker 3: I thought, I don't he said so.
Speaker 4: There was a lot there was there would have had no issue because of his relationship with ruther d being and talking. But I think that was legitimate. Look at the way was the way the Canucks acted last year. I think it was legitimate. It wasn't some fantasy. Now people are saying.
Speaker 3: Mitch Marner wouldn't mind going to Florida.
Speaker 1: Oh jeez, what why?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: Why is Mitch Marner thinking Florida? Exactly what we just talked about taxes?
Speaker 1: But also you sound like you're all for it, stop it, do for it.
Speaker 3: He can't wait to get out of Toronto because look at somebody posted his Twitter.
Speaker 1: Do you think they do that in Florida?
Speaker 4: But that's bs Rick, That's garbage. That happens with any sports team anywhere.
Speaker 1: Back in the eighties. No, right now, well that's explain what. Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: They got two tax unbelievable players that are leading the charge.
Speaker 1: But why would Zach Hyman go there? Who's not going to take part in the just looks like he's gonna take part in the sound like a final if they if indeed they get there, and Andrew Kane, why would they? Why would they go to Edmonton?
Speaker 3: They went because of the lure of McDavid. Why when? Why did Luca sign there? Because apparently it was supposed to be plunk put on McDavid's line.
Speaker 1: It never worked. Why though? What so David is the lure? So what's the lure of McDavid. What's the lure in Vancouver right now? What? We don't answer the quest. The lure of McDavid is that you're gonna win. Yeah, but have they won? As Ryan would say, yes time they won the Cup. That's why they went there.
Speaker 4: But they went there last year, so it's okay to go there, Ryan, But it's not okay for brindam or to go to the Eastern car Conference. Finally said to stand in the Cup final, okay, but they went to the day have to.
Speaker 1: Stand in the Cup final? Do you get a Cup after winning the East? Why are you not? I don't know that year you do get a trophy? Thank you, it's not the one.
Speaker 4: Does anybody care about that trophy, by the way, like there's so much.
Speaker 1: May Wales Charles cares about that.
Speaker 4: There's so much made about these guys not touching it, touching it whatever.
Speaker 1: Nobody cares about that trophy. Like I've never sit this second, Hold on a second. Do you know in your segment by the way, has got taking a major left terre? Do you not watch to see if they're going to touch it? But I'm just saying the watch and the and the Panthers, by the way, touched it two years ago they lost the Stanley trop Final, Yeah, thank you, among other things. Last year they didn't touch it. They was so they decided Maurice was freaking out after his Rod Brindamore, before his Rod Brindamore lecture, don't touch the trophy. He had a lot going on. It was probably more after the game than during the game. The anti media stuff from you're in the media and you hate the media.
Speaker 3: Go ask Matthews and Marner if they're happy with all the crap they deal with on these Well, let me ask the mask. Some of the biggest icos are on cannocks Twitter.
Speaker 1: Do you who cares well you've got We've got them on our show. Okay, and you're you managed to be Matthew's doing RBC commercials, He's doing this company's com There's there's some benefits as well. You sound like you feel sorry for these guys.
Speaker 4: The thing is right, I'm not going to feel bad for the guys that regularly no show in the postseason.
Speaker 1: They deserve all the smoke they get. Those guys are ghosts.
Speaker 4: That's why the stuff the crap with the Panthers after that series was a joke.
Speaker 1: Oh the pressure of this and that those guys no showy. They bring it all on themselves. That's right. But there's a reason why they don't want to re sign in Toronto because you want right. I get what you're saying. I just don't agree with it. You know, if I was playing Winnipeg, Winnipeg lots of attention, cold cold, lock your dog in the snow, in the snow with a t on that long John snow. That's media into that. It love it right, and they the media even in Winnipeg, is in Vancouver or Toronto. The media in Winnipeg is in Vancouver or Toronto. Can they give me Vancouver and Trump?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I look, I'm never gonna fiss over any of these guys. They make a boatload of money. Yeah, they're gonna answer three or four questions after the game, three or four. So you think in Vancouver and Toronto it's three or four questions? How big is the media pulling Vancouver?
Speaker 1: Now? Five? Six guys they gotta see see anybody on the road. Come on, you're talking to people out there in television land and podcast land that have tough jobs and they make nothing compared to these guys. Feel sorry for them because dog answered three questions? Do they have twenty year careers? Do they have forty year careers? Those guys make more money? Do they have sixty years? They make more money, and a lot of them make majority of them make more money than most people will make. A lot of them also get traded.
Speaker 3: They get the waivers, they go to Abersford, they get stuck in the miners. You act like every single player in the National Hockey Nague has a twenty year career.
Speaker 1: Asked them to trade with the normal person exactly, someone who's not in the national home. We've paychecked a paycheck job. Bet you talk to the agency, it's just sid The agents are good guys.
Speaker 3: To give me good info.
Speaker 1: Up next, we talk with another good talk about that.
Speaker 4: Oh you way over, You're way over the board, he me, I've been talking to keep talking.
Speaker 3: You look at the clock up next.
Speaker 1: If I did this, it'd be because oh yeah, white Caps head coach. Danish head coach.
Speaker 4: By the way, keep an eye on that in this interview with this Yes we're Sorenson. He's up next. It's a big week for the Vancouver white Caps. Played last night game this weekend as well, Sonny the team I check.
Speaker 1: Hey everyone, it's Donnie and Dolly and we're looking to partner with your company.
Speaker 4: We have several packages and price points to fit your budget and spread the word about your company on the show, in our podcast, and on social media.
Speaker 1: We'd love to get involved with your company. Called two five oh eight eight oh twenty two eighty two or email advertise at check media dot Thursday and all of our guests today brought you by sponsor of our pool quest, the Great Waddling Dog. White Caps last night played a scoreless draw against Minnesota at BC Place. There on their way to Mexico City Sunday concer Calf Cup final against Cruz Azul. Here to talk about all of that, head coach of the white Caps, Yes, Bro Soren said, yes, Ber, thanks for doing this, sir.
Speaker 9: How are you I'm good, thanks, How are you very well?
Speaker 1: Very well? What's your opinion of the way your team played last night?
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 9: I think we played pretty well. We couldn't open the score and you know, they sat pretty tight of the back, and we have difficulties. I have opened up the defend. But on the other hand, we didn't give anything away, so that was that was okay. Sometimes you you play a game like this and you you have difficulties scoring even though you have opportunities, and and then you have to be satisfied that you that you get a point and you don't concede any goals in the other end.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're hard not to look ahead for your players, for your team, maybe even yourself. But is it hard not to look ahead to Sunday in Mexico City.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yes, it is. It has been, It has been since we qualified. I think that it's it's a special occasion, it's a special game and and everybody knows. I think we've been pretty good at you know, trying to focus on on the next task ahead. But I think also that it's it will be inhuman if if people are not also having maybe not too far back in their minds, what's going to happen someday. So I think it's been a balance the last few weeks. But I think we managed pretty well.
Speaker 3: Yesper you've already won big games in Mexico this season. Already, you're three to zero to four in the MLS, the only team that hasn't lost on the road. Why does your team play so well on the road?
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's a very good question. I think it's the question that some of the opponents are trying to figure out. But also it's not that easy just to say that that we are very good on the road. I think that we are very good in general. I think that's the main thing. We don't play particularly different away than we do when we play at home. I think sometimes it's like we saw yesterday, people when they come meet us at BC place, Okay, now, they have a lot of respect for us, and they try to defend with everything they got. When they play at home, often they open up in front of their home crowd. I think maybe that could be be a part of the answer. Then we have better opportunities, but also yeah, we could have lost in Improvements, we could have lost in Austin. So it's also sometimes a little bit random that you that you get these streaks, but we'll try to keep it alive. Also pass Sunday.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of streaks, fifteen game unbeaten streak, I mean, this team is on such a role. Yes, but it's just I don't know how you feel if you if you're gonna lose again. But anyways, fifteen games, it's a pretty good streak to be on.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's it's sometimes you know, you can even really believe that it's that many games because I think it's been a short while. It's it's we're just four months into the season, three four months. But it's it's great. It builds confidence. People believes that, you know, if we have difficulties, we can turn it around like we did in solid like we did at home against LAFC. And players, you know, they have they have trust in each other and also in what we are doing and helping them doing from the coaching staff. So I think that's it's it's something that's you know, accelerating also the growth of the team, and I think that's you know, it's it's it's just great for everybody.
Speaker 1: It gets get back to Sunday's game in Mexico City. I know you've been around for a while, yes, but passionate fans altitude, heat, and I know you've played in won there before. But how intimidating is it to play in Mexico City.
Speaker 9: It's difficult. It is difficult. Maybe also the game this season so far where where you know we have the least probability come out on top, was at Pumas. I think the altitude is very, very difficult to handle if you're not used to it, because it's not just about the you know, the running and how it's difficult breathing, and it's also how you handle the ball and the ball just flies down there. And now it's it's good that we've been there before. It's good that we've tried it, and it's also good that we know what it takes. But I think it is very difficult conditions. And then going up against the Brucessul in the final, there'll be a lot of spectators, they will be cheering them on. They will be pretty hostile environmental, I guess towards us. That's normal yeah, but it also, of course animates are players to do their best. So I think it's yeah, it's going to be electric hopefully, and I hope that we will play our best and then I hope that will be enough.
Speaker 1: Your team has played so well, and it's played so well without Ryan Gold. Can you give us any I don't know what you can say, any update on his health situation.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I would like to, but I can really he's far from he's far from being ready to play. And also yeah, also the longer it takes for him to get onto the pitch and train with us with the ball, the longer it will have to take for him to get up to speed and up to game relevance. So I think that it's yeah, it's just some of the the unfortunate things that you you can really predict and you can't really do much about until the pain for him is gone.
Speaker 1: He want one more question? Yeah, yes, you've got some. You got some explaining to do. How do you explain Denmark beating Canada upset in Canada at the World Hockey Championships last week. We were stunned.
Speaker 9: Here was it an upset?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yes, er, yesper this is it is over you got us, Yes for beautiful.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, I can't explain it. I know they cannot explain it. I know that the one who needs to explain it maybe is the Canadian coach about him, I don't know. I think I think hockey is a little bit similar to football in the regard that you can be the best team, you can play the best game, and you can still lose out. That's how it is. We were the best team yesterday and we played the best game, and we also could have lost out. But yeah, that's how hockey is sometimes, and that's how football is. I think cannot be Denmark the next ten times.
Speaker 1: Well, congratulations on that and hopefully congratulations after Sunday as well. Yeah, all right, appreciate it.
Speaker 9: Yes, I would take that. Thank you, great.
Speaker 1: Stuff, Thank you so much. Yes for sore Incent head coach of the white Caps. Zero zero against Minnesota yesterday. Off to Mexico City and Cruise a zoul, big game, big match on Sunday, and they've got that watch party outside BC Place on Sunday as well. I'll be watching. Is it on TV? It's on one Soccer, that's TV. You're gonna be okay, an hour to find one soccer. That's the problem. Going to the watch party. Then outside Terry Fox plastic Sunday Sunday, what time six? Yeah, and the door is open at four thirty all right for that watch party. There you go, you're going down. I like it, get the air, keep it in mind, all right or thanks to a cocky yes persorre. And so when it comes to when it comes to the World Hockey Championships, that was fun full question. Waddling dog pole question will update it next. Donny Dolly the team check Dolly.
Speaker 2: And Dolly the team is supported by Abelauctions dot c a Closing your business we can help.
Speaker 1: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help. For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold, Please email sales at able auctions dot CA. That's sales at a b l E Auctions dot CA. Wattling dog pull question. This is a one of Victoria's favorite pubs the Dog where you can enjoy twenty caps and twenty screens. You're home for the Canucks and UFC. Come sit and stay at the Dog today, Rick, get it up, Quinn the Waddling Dog.
Speaker 3: Pop poll questions Should the NHL coaches participate in the handshake line? You got, yes, no, and don't care? And right now leading is don't care. Forty seven percent, thirty seven percent say yes, and only seventeen percent say no. Eleven hundred votes. A Ready, he's hopping, it's bopping, it's not stopping.
Speaker 1: Don and Siicamoose, Delaney's okay, Tyron Langley and Aldergrove inbox, is it just me? Early? Is it just me? Shaking hands at the end of a series is a show of respect. I've been in a few with the old Sickamouse Eagles, win and lose. It's always about respect. And a lot of people are saying in the inbox Rick as well. Players want to shake and maybe even shake hands with or maybe even converse. And we talked about it earlier with an opposing coach especially well, somebody like Paul Maurice has done so much, Rod Brindemore, who has done so much maybe there's maybe he's a former coach, there's some connection there, like we talked about earlier. So I'm I'm not And Paul Maurice is such a smart guy. He's usually right about so many things when it comes to hockey. I'm not so sure about this one.
Speaker 3: I go to Colorado, Dallas Mikael Rantinen, right, and the coaches got to meet him, former Avalanche and so the Yeah, coaches want to meet with players sometimes do right.
Speaker 1: So there you go in the situation with Scheiffley into boards and all the Jesson stars a series.
Speaker 3: Peter Debor paid his respects, you know. So, yeah, I have no issue what.
Speaker 1: Coach is in there. Okay. Meanwhile, Game five of the NHL's Western Conference Final the Oilers at Dallas tonight. Oilers with a chance to advance to the Stanley Cup Final once again against the Florida Panthers. They're up three to one. There are some lineup alterations, which you would expect given the situation with Zach Hyman.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely so. First I want to mention Eckholm is back in that Dallas or no Edmonton lineup with Bouchard. What a first pair of that is? He hasn't played in the playoffs and they get him back tonight. So Eckholm and Bouchard sadly that means Richmond native Troy Stature is out.
Speaker 1: Dunny, there's been really good.
Speaker 3: He's been good. Two games ago, seventeen minutes, last game thirteen minutes. He's given you solid minutes in the third pair of Troy Stature. Just such a reliable six to seven guy. But he's going to be out.
Speaker 1: Echoing back in and there's one other change, if I'm not mistaken. No, Jeff Skinner. Oh, Skinner's in net.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh Jeff Skinner, Yeah, oh yeah, Yeah, Skinner's back. He's been a healthy scratch because what's his name's out, Zach Hyman he broke his wrist, he's out. And Jeff Skinner. He caught me off guard there because Stewart Skinner has been so good. He's only allowed two goals done in his last three games. Jeff Skinner, who was a free agent signing last summer, finally gets back in the lineup.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He played the first playoff game, which and then after a lengthy career, was his first playoff game in his NHL career.
Speaker 3: He hasn't been great in Edmonton this year Conn sixteen goals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that was they expected more.
Speaker 3: Cannucks checked in on him last summer, but he elected to go to Edmonton.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, why would he go to Edmonton? Why would he want to go to evon the lure of mc david. Yeah, but there's there's media. There a lot of media and snow don't.
Speaker 3: Lump every n and with the same thinking and philosophy.
Speaker 1: These guys have their own thoughts. I can't knock you on getting Jeff and Stu Skinner mixed up because when I was making my notes and I'm old, I know it, I wrote down Chris Skinner who used to play He was a Canadian fullback for the Lions during the Doug Flutie era going wave, but you don't remember him. I don't remember Skinner anyway, I can't. I can't knock you forgetting your you know, having a problem with the Skinners. For people who just are tuning in. We've mentioned this a couple of times during the show, but a lot of questions in the inbox and elsewhere about the Knucks coaching situation, their assistant coaching situation. The name Kevin Dean not Daneen. Kevin Dean has come up.
Speaker 3: Kevin Dean was let go by Chicago a couple of weeks ago. I keep an eye on him, Donnie and Vancouver. It could be a fit on Adam foot Staff, high end defensive coach, really good with the kids. I was in Boston and Chicago last seven years. Derek Forbard had him in Boston. Was just an insistent on the US team at the Worlds. I think the Canucks really like this guy. Let's see where it goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the more I read about him today, and I can't say I know a whole lot about him, but the more I realized I know, and I joked earlier, being let go by one of the weakest teams in the NHL in Chicago, that might, you know, point towards negativity, but there's a lot of respect for him in American hockey circles. In NHL circles. Meanwhile, also Canucks, don't forget tonight Abbitsford Game one against the Texas Stars led by Cole lind Others. Get out there.
Speaker 3: Abitsburd packed that rink tonight Game one of the Western Final. Aquilleni and Galard, either teams are in the American Hockey League a Western Final. But here's the thing for you, Donnie. Is there a skinner in either line? These two teams did not play each other at all season, and now they're meeting in the Western Final. A colon, a former conduct draft pick, is in the Texas lineup.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 3: We'll keep an eye on him.
Speaker 1: You've got some business, yeah, absolutely, look at this.
Speaker 3: Uh looking for a gift fan? For a sports fan? How about an addition to your man k Pastime Sports the place to visit check out the largest selection of sports member Biley, autographed items, training cards and collectible games in Western Canada. You got four locations. You got Langley, Metro Town, Guildford, MAL and Capilano, MA. All look of this in North Vancouver. If you can't visit the mid store, you can shop their massive collection online at pastime sports dot Ca. Follow them also Facebook and ks for the latest info on card drops and in store signings.
Speaker 1: Okay, Quinn Taylor's in for Ryan Henderson laptop situation. Good kid.
Speaker 11: Yes, we got a Thatcher dem cole player card. And then it's Jonathan Lecaramaki draft sign puck.
Speaker 1: And we brought brought up Thatcher damp with Thanks Quidy, we brought up a Thatcher Dampko during the show yesterday. Keep him, trade him that sort of.
Speaker 3: Thing and keep it on the Canucks to you know, talk to the Demko camp in the near future, you know, feel him out, feel himut donety. They got to feelhim out. They got to feel him out. What he wants on it.
Speaker 1: One more year left on it, on his deal and.
Speaker 3: If they feel him out here in the next few weeks John on what he wants on his next year, next deal. If they don't like it, you could see a Demo trade.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, we exhausted that car.
Speaker 3: If I was the Canuck stron and this is me, what do they call it?
Speaker 1: Spitballing?
Speaker 3: I would uh, I would go three years, gravin napkin. I'd go three years with not a year more and around six million.
Speaker 1: That's what that's that's a dream scenario. Then he would what do you I'm spitballing. I didn't tell you.
Speaker 11: There's no way he would sign that. You don't know that, Quinn, I do I could guess that. You don't know that six million?
Speaker 3: If he asked for seven or eight or six years, it's seven eight million. He's going out, He's out, He's outright.
Speaker 1: I'm just giving you my spitballing theory. Okay, spitballing theory. Okay? Is it just me? He's coming up in a couple of segments. Up next, we thank Quinn during the birthday segment as well. But up next DTMZ Donnie delight the team. I check. Love the crack of a baseball bat or the smell of hot dogs. The Vancouver Canadians have you covered.
Speaker 4: Come enjoy a Vancouver summer tradition with three foot hot dogs, sushi races, firewords and Blue Jay prospects, all at the iconic Rogers Field and not Bailey Stadium.
Speaker 1: Visit Canadians Baseball dot com to get your tickets in details on all the summer fun the Seas have to offer. That's Canadians Baseball dot Com. Come for the fun and stay for the baseball.
Speaker 3: Day. It's eleven thirty one on a Thursday morning. Donnie Dolly on check TV. No time for DTMZ. Brought to you by the world famous Wiston Golf Club. Go see Big Al out there.
Speaker 1: A great track. Great track. DTMZ brought to you by the Arnold Palmer Design, Whist the Golf Club reminding everyone Tea times can be booked online now for any time during twenty twenty five. And if you've got a group of twelve or more, ask us about our Donnie and Dolly midweek group specials at whistergolf dot com. Forward slash Groups Sad news from the music world. Yeah, guitarist, and this is from a few days ago. Guitarist and songwriter Rick Darringer has passed away. No cause of death disclosed. He was seventy seven years old.
Speaker 9: Stupid, don't what do daddy?
Speaker 1: Does you know?
Speaker 9: SNOOPI girl, I'm in love with you.
Speaker 4: That's the last.
Speaker 1: Remember that tune, Paul, do you remember that tune? Oh?
Speaker 3: Beautiful song? I honestly a beautiful song.
Speaker 1: So, Rick Darringer and the McCoy's hit number one.
Speaker 4: Dolly Walls never focused on a piece of video harder than this piece.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, hey, look this is a good tune, good video, good tune. It's a combination of a good song and a good video.
Speaker 1: It's got both. The guy passed away, show us respect. Let me Ryan have some respect.
Speaker 3: We're talking about what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Rick Geringer and the McCoy's hit number one on the Billboard Charts in nineteen sixty five with hang On Sloopy, which is the official rock and roll anthem of the state of Ohio. They made it official after they saw this video. And that's where Rick Arringer was born. Okay, okay, you can can the video now, ri Ricks and not focused inspect, come rid of the video, right? Speaking of can stop it? Respect? Right? Can I just say all respect? Yeah? All respect involved. The lip syncing was so bad, by the way, so bad. I didn't notice.
Speaker 4: I know, I know, I know, but it's not even close in some points, Like I thought the audio was off of it's so bad.
Speaker 1: Video is pretty famous, by the way, you don't say really yeah, And it had a little bit to do with the actual son. Rick Garrett also scored a major solo hit in nineteen seventy three. Rick, you'll remember this song, rock and roll houchie Coo. I don't remember that, Okay, Well, it was in the eighties, so that's not surprising. Didn't have a video like that. I didn't have a video like that. He was a respected guitarist who worked with the likes of Steely, Dan Weird, Al Yankovica, John and Edgar, Johnny and Edgar Winter, Robert streisand oh Here, Todd Rundgren, Alice Cooper, meet Loaf, kissed, Bonnie Tyler and Cindy Lauper again. He leaves us at age seventy seven.
Speaker 3: Birthdays all right?
Speaker 1: Having birthday is on this May twenty ninth. The line has said at four, Quineto's going to join us for this lion is set at four by barking up the right Tree Lumberyard and Casino in poos Coopy b c. Where you didn't work, one of the few northern cities where you didn't work.
Speaker 3: I was an hour away from Pooce Coopy up.
Speaker 1: North Fort Saint John. Yeah, rock and roll, here we go. When's helping out Shark's six to seven Canadian? I don't even know if he's with this. I wrote this a long time ago. Shark's six to seven Canadian defensemen played thirty four games with the Canucks this past season before getting traded to Pittsburgh. Drna, retired Bruins right winger played junior hockey for Oshawa. Concossed by ahead from Vancouver's Aaron rom in Game three of the twenty Horcoff.
Speaker 3: Norcoff, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: You're completing round. You know some people are just North Norton by the first name for their last time, or maybe just a letter age. All right, undrafted any shot right winger from Winnipeg one cups with the Habs Avalanche and Stars. Mikeyth, Mikeyth, very good, Mikeyth, former Habs captain. Suspicious but yeah, no kidding, who doesn't know? Mike Keane, also known as k Former News Bruins right winger born and look at your head just popped right up. I mentioned the News Bruns. You got excited, almost as excited as you were earlier in this segment. Former News Bruins right winger born in Boston. I did not know that ninth thrown round Blackhawks draft pick. We went to high school with it. I would die you.
Speaker 3: Brian Noonan uh Brewby and Cliff Ronnie was a great line in New West Queens Park many many years ago.
Speaker 1: They dominated to play for the Caducks too. Brian that's right, six' four shark center From Saint albert traded To San jose From ottawa In. March spent five seasons playing junior hockey with The Vancouver. Giants. Zed oh, yeah He Zach Zach.
Speaker 3: Austin, yeah thank. You well you Said, zed but you didn't Say.
Speaker 1: Zach no no what? Right zed was a clue off. MAN i don't play videos like. That just. Start Legendary american comedian and actor born In, London england That He's, american known for hosting MULTIPLE uso tours with The, army most of the oscars nineteen. Times his signature tune thanks for The. Memory he used to play golf Hop, Hope, Yeah capilano all the, Time Bob. Hope oh he was. Great thirty Fifth president of The United states Of america served from sixty one until his assassination In dallas in sixty.
Speaker 7: THREE.
Speaker 1: Jfk kennedy be, good, yep, yep. Okay is it just? Me Isaying quinn looks Like Mason. RAYMOND i feel like every Time i'm on somebody SAYS i SAID i look like. Somebody yeah that, Happens, yeah it. Happens, yeah play that video. Again Noel, gallagher, meanwhile is fifty eight years. Old DID i say you? To just me is coming? Up i'm rattled and he And oasis is gonna play us Out february ninety six in the Album what's The Story Morning, Glory this Is oasis and don't look back At. Anger good tune on check a better place to play on A Bc thursday. Morning LIKE i, said is it just? Me it's next.
Speaker 2: Slip Inside they.
Speaker 1: Don't you know you? Are It's outlander Plug In High Bred Electric Vehicle days At Surrey nitsubishi.
Speaker 3: This month get up to eight thousand and five hundred off their most popular all wheel drive s U, v The outlander Lug In.
Speaker 1: Hybrid The outlander Plug In hybrid is whisper, quiet fuel, efficient lets you drive electric or, gas and can fit seven passengers in three rows.
Speaker 3: Of, Seating cruise past traffic and h ov lays even when driving, solo and again save up to eighty five. Hundred Visit Surre mitsubishi at one three eight to two oh one hundred and Fourth avenue In surrey or online At Surrey mitsubishi DOT.
Speaker 1: CA a offer Ends may thirty, first.
Speaker 3: Just before Is it Just?
Speaker 1: ME a lot of People delany's inbox making a, point and this includes news nick About Rick derringer's most iconic, Song yeah not rock and, Roll huchiku or hang on, sloopy but the Real american theme song For Hulk. Hogan oh you know now he came up with.
Speaker 3: That, yeah that was big in the eighties And Hulk hogan really used that song to propel his.
Speaker 1: Career there you. Go, yeah things you didn't know About Rick, dringer the late Great Rick. Derringer what do you got all?
Speaker 3: Right with the news That Jonathan taves wants to resume HIS nhl, career it would be a low key culture reset for The. Canucks scott And South. Surrey, Uh scott And South. Surrey, ryan what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Here? Huh we keep going Cow how CAN i? Go and he's playing the video just? Talk, OKAY i. Can't that just ruined my.
Speaker 3: Concentration Jonathan Taves cannucks broadcasting lesson focus? Anyways do you does anybody on this earth think That Jonathan taves? Unflustered who is thirty? Seven unflustered at thirty? Seven it's Got vancouver on his? List come, on we might not have a. Choice he is From he is From, winnipeg. Right look at the hair, THOUGH i think it was down to his.
Speaker 1: Shoulders, sure, okay.
Speaker 12: There was everyone had a seventy, Six but look at that seventy is looking hair. Though oh that's it? Is, okay back To john, Days.
Speaker 3: Ryan stop with the, video stop with. It Jonathan tame's come, on, man he's thirty. Seven you think he wants to sign In.
Speaker 1: Vancouver but would The jets be? Interested or maybe he's A Winnipig. Native jets will be all over. That bring the kid. Home Stephen, Vancouver is it just? Me Has rick been brainwashed by his agent? Buddies they plant these excuses with him and let him do their dirty work in the. Media Shame, rick.
Speaker 3: Shame just stop These Stephen, Vancouver Stephen. Vancouver the agents are good. Guys they know what they're talking. About they tell me good. Stuff they tell me good. Stuff look at. THIS i Know i'm late to the, discussion but doesn't Trading demco remind you Of. Christanna there's a risk they didn't take and see how that worked Out scott and Black. Creek you KNOW i Lost christanna is a free. Agent as a free, agent you know they should never Let tantiv. Walk it was an absolute blunder on behalf of the previous. Regime and look they Never they finally replaced them five years later With Philip.
Speaker 1: Perronic gavin East Van is it just me but talking about yesterday's paper shack? Memories remember we talked about the paper. Shacks is it just? Me or was your crew chief a six two giant who laughingly threw stacks of fifty newspapers straight at your? Head this guy is Gab you are so bang Or gavin is so bang on with. This the truck would pull, up you, know back up to the front entrance of the, shack and somebody would go over there and the news papers STACKED i guess fifty sixty newspapers in a, bundle and whoever the, youngest most inexperienced person was would have to catch the bundles from somebody throwing them as hard as they could at their. Head that is so bang. On that was a tough, environment BUT i kind of loved.
Speaker 3: It we don't see the newspapers being delivered like that, Anymore, no we just.
Speaker 1: Don't we. Don't but thanks for. That that's that's a great.
Speaker 3: MEMORY i like this one with The conducks have found a way to keep Big zidor. Off if they had known the cap was going to increase so much over the next few. YEARS rp and White. Rock that's a good submission because if they knew the cap was going up to ninety five, million The canucks could have easily brought back the door off earlier with a better.
Speaker 1: Offer. Yep, Yeah and that's the type of. Player AND i know he didn't have a great season In, boston but, boy he electrified the audience At rogers AND i just want anybody watching the game on. Television i'm talking about The vancouver. Audience is it just me or was the salary cap designed to make all teams equal in what they can pay? Players but the tax advantages in various states gives those teams the ability to sign players for less gross salary because their net salary is actually higher than it would be in other states or. Provinces? Unfair should salary cap be be in after tax dollars for equality like the salary cap was intended. For that's. Unsigned it's a great. Submission it's a great, submission and not the only one that has stated something like, this and some something to make things equal for the teams that are in provinces or states with a higher. Taxes look at The ryan had the stat Was ryan had the stat about all The. Florida how many years in a? Row six years in a. Row, yeah that The florida teams have been in A Stanley cup Final and it's just something.
Speaker 3: There And donny said and with all in all, Seriousness Sam bennett wants to resign In. Florida now we're hearing martyr's name In. Florida, GEE i wonder. Why here's a great Submission florida of. It, yeah and they're winning and That i'll stick with that argument that.
Speaker 1: The beach is no. Media all that's stuff.
Speaker 4: Done, Yeah, Okay Now florida learned they needed to be a, big, physical hard team to play against From Tampa bay and every other team that has won this war that's called The Stanley cup.
Speaker 3: Playoffs what a great Submission florida learn From Tampa bay losing to. Them you're in year out and playing them so. Much this is how you build the, team and they went out and built.
Speaker 1: It florida is just such an old school. Team AND i just it's gonna be such an intriguing matchup Because edmonton has all that offensive, talent at least from from two players at the very three or four at the very. Least it's just such a great intriguing, matchup and then you've got all, any, any any carryover from last. Year it's just gonna it looks like it's gonna be outstanding. Again i'm Dismissing. Dallas that's not that's not. Fair but it looks like it's gonna be a. Rematch sheldon From? Surrey is it just? Me But rick needs to pick up his dog's. Crap ah saw him walking his dog the other day and he just left it. There, now come, On, wreck that's not. True i'm a big dog picker up or poop. GUY i do not.
Speaker 3: KNOW i do not let my dog poop in anyone's yard without picking it. Up IF i don't have the bag with, ME i go run back home AND i come back AND i do.
Speaker 1: It take her to the. Bank that's a false.
Speaker 3: Text do you Know Sheldon? Wreck, NO i don't Know. Sheldon Who's? Sheldon and so that maybe was a friend. HEAVY i know all my neighbors who watched the, show and there is No sheldon in my.
Speaker 1: Neighborhood Jap. Joe is it just? Me but imagine the Love matthews And marty would get if they won In. Toronto they'd be. Legends. Statues you don't get that for winning In. Florida can't only focus on the. Negatives another great submission from Jap, joe WHO i read a.
Speaker 3: Lot by the, Way, well what is your fascination with this?
Speaker 1: Guy? LIKE i mean every? Day good? Submission CAN i say good? Submission you don't think they would just be legendary like statues and don't but they're not. Winning set for.
Speaker 3: Life look What Tree living said this. Morning the DNA's got a change in the. Leafs he said that you expect big.
Speaker 1: CHANGE i look At lannie And darryl doing the hearing aid, commercials you, know the nine hundred years after their careers are.
Speaker 3: OVER i Think Wendall clark's in commercials.
Speaker 1: Too.
Speaker 3: YEAH i Love Wendell. Clark he was really, good.
Speaker 1: Big in the, eighties, yeah and. Nineties, yeah if you got a. Submission here he's waving us.
Speaker 3: Out, eh somebody IS i saw somebody waving.
Speaker 1: Look it stop with the, Video, ryan, Geez oh my.
Speaker 4: Good somebody somebody sent us by the way in The Delaney's okay tire In langley and all the groovy in.
Speaker 1: Box. Uh she has her own channel YouTube. Channel the woman dancing in the.
Speaker 4: Hangar that's from the nineteen Sixties Sloopy Girl Lisa Leonard.
Speaker 3: Dalton that's her, now though you don't say her in the. Video, yeah she's got her own.
Speaker 1: Channel yeah. Wow. Yeah there she is dancing now. Too but she's not dancing, now is. She well she was just ago Sorrow yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow nineteen seventy Five Sloopy. Girl the things you learn on this show every.
Speaker 13: Day, okay we're, YEAH i think it's the right time to group, upbreak and then we'll wrap up the.
Speaker 1: Show the poll question, Next Donnie, dolly the TEAM i. Check The Wabbling Dog pub has been owned and operated locally since nineteen ninety one and has since built its reputation as one Of victoria's favorite watering. Holes with twenty, TVs twenty local and domestic, taps and over two hundred, seats The Wabbling dog has something for, everyone including Every canucks, GAME ufc pay per, views and an unbeatable daily happy hour from four to. Six The dog is your one stop, shop with its attached cold beer and wine store offering up hundreds of local and important, products as well as an extensive inventory Of donnie And dolly. Merchandise their award winning hotel offers dog friendly hotel rooms that are appointed with antique style furnishings and modern, amenities and only ten minutes from the airport and very. Terminal there are countless reasons to, come sit and stay at The Wattling.
Speaker 3: Dog Dog Paul Rick ryan get her up The Wattling dog pop pole. Question and it is a very simple SHOULD nhl coaches participate in the? Handshake mine yes nor don't? Care don't care is leading at forty then comes yes at thirty, six twelve hundred.
Speaker 1: Votes, ready it's it's. Happened here's the other thing too when it. Comes AND i Respect Paul maurice a. LOT i, mean you don't look forward to losing a, series but IT'S i don't. Know it's such a. TRADITION i WOULD i would want to take part in, it you, know LIKE I i want. TO i feel the coaches are part of the. BATTLE i disagree with Pal maurice. THERE i know you're. Not you know what a lot of people are making AS i switch gears, HERE i know a lot of people are making a big deal about, well the one tradition that they really hate his owners getting The Super bowl trophy first, yes, yes that. Is it gets a little bit. Different these guys are a lot more involved than THAN i know owners buck. Up but in terms of the actual you know, battle if you want to call it that maybe the wrong. Word coaches are much more, Involved no problem with.
Speaker 3: It i'm With brenda more on.
Speaker 1: That get in that.
Speaker 3: Lineup, absolutely, Photos, No, no we got to do a BIRTHDAY i Almost, philip happy blated. Birthday we were supposed to do this two days. Ago we kept Forgetting. Philip you're watching with your, wife you watch together all the. Time happy blated. Birthday uh and absolutely a happy birthday in The philip from his. Wife and absolutely we forgot two days in a. Row we were not going to forget three days in a. Row, philip have a good. Day what do you?
Speaker 1: Got? Photos where we're going?
Speaker 4: Round so this Is Stephen. Langley he sent us. To first picture Is Cocoa Heead Crater hike In.
Speaker 1: Oahu oh oh, ah, yeah what Goes ryan.
Speaker 4: There WHICH i believe Is, hawaii right somewhere In. Hawaii, Yes so there's that one and the second. One the second Picture Stephen langley again him and his dog On Hornby.
Speaker 1: Island and you'll notice he's got his waterling.
Speaker 4: Dog hat on as well as The donni and all his shirt and my brother and his now wife are actually On Hornby island right now because we have a family friend who has a cabin on horn a large.
Speaker 3: Dog well it's a beautiful dog, perspective but, yeah you had a beautiful. Dog go back to the stairs And, RYAN i want To you've never done. This, NO i haven't done, this but this is. Beautiful that's. Insane that's.
Speaker 1: Insane that's the workout right, There.
Speaker 3: Donnie, now if you want to get the conduction, shape send him to who or wherever that.
Speaker 1: Is get them running this every day in the suppay it's The, Spain. Hawaii that's the.
Speaker 3: Stairs you get your heart beat, up you work your. Legs i'm telling, you that's the best workout right. There and no disrespect To. Steve, yeah but you're like this. Too what you went on vacation last year To. Scotland you did a big. Hike steve goes on Vacation hawaii does a big. Hike, well but time.
Speaker 4: On, VACATION i am sitting on a beach on my ass doing.
Speaker 3: Nothing, ah what a dumb. Statement you want to go and see the, site show the view.
Speaker 1: You that's. Great i'll look up. PHOTOS i don't need a Hike.
Speaker 3: Ryan you know Diamond head in by Y Kiki beach right. Now they got like a two month wait to get up. There it's that. BUSY i don't get.
Speaker 1: To go up.
Speaker 4: THERE i don't get. It, okay one other photo we got. Here this is from uh what is? This dave Hold?
Speaker 3: On this is breaking The.
Speaker 4: Ridge proud to support local media even though there's just five of. Us he was talking yesterday because there the, province the. Provinces that's. Why that's why he was, SAYING i think you guys said yesterday talking about the. Paper that's five, people.
Speaker 3: Paper, guy, paper, RADIO TVs done either the, Best breaking The.
Speaker 1: Ridge that's a nice, man cave you the show. On we appreciate. That So abbotsford tonight out In, Abitsford game one of The Calder, cup the a H L Western Conference final against The Texas Stars Aquilini Gallardi. Bowl that's. It we're. Good. Thanks, yes music was a hint pactor tuning in folks on behalf Of Ryan, Quinn Derek. Rick everybody here at oh boy and Check i'm done and you have to date the world of sports