Speaker 1: How you doing out there? It's me Tigger. I am Duc Wayne Duck. It's me Bunkers Deep Bobcat. All right, y'all, did it great? Your favorite firefly you desire? Hold Old Knock Gud. My name is Jim Cummings and welcome to tuned In.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome everybody back to another episode of Tuned In with Jim Cummings. I'm producer Chris. I'm doing well today. Thanks for asking. How are you doing today, Jim?
Speaker 1: It's another day in Paradise is as always.
Speaker 2: Of course, we're always joined by Jim Cummings, the star of this whole thing, and today we have a special guest for you, Blake Silva.
Speaker 3: How are you doing today? I am doing so great. I'm so happy to be here. I can't believe I'm sitting.
Speaker 1: In this room. So thank you for having me. Yeah, thanks for being here, Thanks for being here, not miss it truly sounds good to me.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful day, beautiful day out here in southern California.
Speaker 4: Tis Yes, it is finally curling off too.
Speaker 1: Yes, so come on down. Yeah, we'll be here for you.
Speaker 2: So you are an avid collector of all things Disney.
Speaker 3: I am I mean, if you can tell I have a few, you have a few pieces myself.
Speaker 4: The yeah, I quite truly had to toe today.
Speaker 1: I mean, I do have a.
Speaker 4: Particular character that is my favorite.
Speaker 2: Hm and you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. You could take a wild guess.
Speaker 4: You might take a shot in the dark and hit something.
Speaker 3: But yes, yeah, And I'm usually only a stone's throwaway from Disneyland, so I'm a frequent Yeah. It's and it's not grumpy the dwarf, right, and it is not grumpy. I don't think that the particular character gets grumpy, but that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. He doesn't even become grumpy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I've always been a collector, so even as a kid, it's like rocks and shells and all the things. And then when I grew up and had money to buy the fun stuff, it was it was it was the cool stuff that I was always interested in. But yeah, collecting is like my where it all started with me, even you know, posting on social media and stuff. So it just became like, let me share my hobby and then kind of just spiraled.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's been quite a journey.
Speaker 2: Do you remember what your first collection was?
Speaker 3: I mean, I would say if it was something just generic. As a kid, it was rocks. I like, you know, my family vacation at the Grand Canyon or whatever, and I would always be in the shop with a little velvet bag collecting the little little gems that they had, and I.
Speaker 1: Had those little velvetes.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, And then it became a tackle box, and then it became rocks sitting on the windowsill and finding them in my bed or whatever, just like all over overtaking.
Speaker 1: Few seashells and the sea obligatory seashells. I grew up in Ventura, so it was right on the beach. Well there you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I was always a collector of sorts. And then I mean I think I've always if it's in terms of Disney, I've always had stuff like because my family, like I said, grew up in Ventura's only two hours away from Disneyland. So we were very much like every once in a while, maybe once twice a year, wake up a little extra early for school, and our perents would say, you know, mom or dad has an appointment that we have to leave early for school today for and then next thing you know, we're in the drive through at m MacDonald's and it's like, why are we getting breakfast? And then they're like, we're going to Disneyland, so oh that's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we had those really fun memories growing up, and it's wonderful we were Disney kids, like watching the VHS tapes. And I always tell people like, I was a Winnie the Poo fan before I could talk, and now that I can talk, all I talk about is Winnie the poof So good job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, take a lesson. Yeah, youth of America.
Speaker 3: I take that from my parents too, like allowing me to have something as a kid that I.
Speaker 4: Just like was head over heels with and oh that's great.
Speaker 3: I think I just kind of carried that with me even when I was too cool for school, like middle school, high school. There's always a plush somewhere in my room there you go. Yeah, but yeah, that's that's you know why I said at the beginning, I'm just so excited to be in this room with you.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well that's wonderful, that's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I would say that's probably the I mean, the reason that I'm a fan of yours too is because of that collector start. Because you know when I became old enough to care about like not just the character or characters, but like where they come from and why they exist. Like that's when I became aware of you. And you know, obviously you fill the shoes very well of Sterling, and that's quite a legacy that you get to carry on. So I just think that's so special. And yeah, being an adult who loves Disney, I'm like very tuned into those things. So yeah, yeah, it's a special it's a special thing. But you're talking to another adult who loves this.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. Oh yeah, oh yeah boy. Yeah. I mean I started off with a crush on a net Foticello, the Original Musketeer, So yeah, a hundred times. But it's so true.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and here I am. Yeah, so I could be wrong. I'm okay with being corrected. But you started voicing Poover.
Speaker 1: In eighty eight, maybe eighty six eight.
Speaker 3: Okay, about a year ago. It was very early in my Yeah, yeah, a deep dive. I was like looking at all the winning of the poop stuff. You know, Disney Plus is so cool and they give us like the chronological they'll be like, oh here you can watch everything from the very beginning, which I think the very beginning was Winnie the Poo and the Honey Tree in the sixties.
Speaker 1: So oh yes, that was not me. Yeah, but New Adventures of Winnie the.
Speaker 3: Pooh, I knew adventures and that was the first thing. Okay, great, okay, I love that. So out of all the animated stuff, I guess this is something I've always wondered. Do you have like a favorite thing that you've worked on for animated pooh air?
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, well, I've got a few of them. You know. The Search for Christopher Robin, you know, that was a very very good one. Yeah, and a game the Silver Shows that came up with some beautiful songs. Yeah, wherever you are. And while the movie Christopher Robin, yeah, Christopher was in both titles. Yeah. I thought that was so well done. Yeah, I mean I knew, I knew what was going to happen. And I remember sitting there watching it for the first time and I still weld up, ant, I know what's going to happen. I already know. I've seen this. I cheated, I did it. I looked ahead in the script here and it was so very well received, and it's one of the it and I'm just very proud of it, and I'm so glad that it was so well received.
Speaker 3: Yeah, twenty eighteen, I think, gosh, it feels like so long ago already. I mean, I would love for them to do more with just that that storyline. I thought you and McGregor was like brilliant in that role as well. And you got to do both Poober and Tiger in that movie, so you were double exposed to the plot and everything. Oh yeah, still out of response.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, absolutely it was. I just thought it was magical, so very well done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as a you know, as we said, adults who love Disney, I just think it's so fun when we get to experience, like right now these things that have been with us for so long again, like when we were getting new Star Wars and we're getting remakes or live action versions of some of these classics and beloved characters. Like I remember last year too, being like how am I getting Indiana Jones in twenty twenty three? Like this is so cool? So you know, even I kind of agree with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and Harrison he's cranking it away, Yes, I know, I know, unbelievable. So when that movie came out.
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously, as a fan, I was super excited, but just being in a theater and watching Winnie the Pooh on the screen was like so cool to me because as a kid, it was like just VHS, Like I was just enjoying it as everybody else was on my on my television, popping in the tape and going to a big screen. It was just I'm sure that was a really surreal thing too. I mean I haven't been super plugged into like premieres and stuff, but I'm sure you did something of the sort back then.
Speaker 4: That must have been a cool feeling.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, going to the premieres. Yeah yeah, it was, Yeah, yeah, it was. It was crazy. I missed one really good premiere, but that's a separate issue, that's but yeah, I just you know, I mean, I'm half a fan, yeah too. You know, I can't pull that out of me. I can't totally get away from it, you know, because I've said it before. I started off watching Zorro and Spinning Marty. I forget the name of that show, but it was it was like, you know, Davy Crockett Sorrow, I was I was a Disney kid from very early on. And here I am. Yeah, so I'm still there.
Speaker 3: What led you to like being the one that took over in eighty eight or whatever it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I can tell you that. Well, there was a big there was a big search, a search for Winnie the put Christopher Robin. So yeah, that happened too. But they just had everybody and their dog come out and audition, and my dad's dog was there. Yeah, there you go, I think so. And uh, you know, I I've said it before, I I I think I auditioned for Owl. Hal Smith was a friend of mine, so I wasn't too worried about getting Owl. But pooh Tigger and an e Or and I thought I crushed there. Oh you know, so.
Speaker 4: I don't think i've heard you.
Speaker 1: Well you you have. You don't need to Peter, Peter Cullen's doing just fine. And then Brad Garrett did it for a movie and they were both amazing. But no, I just thought I was a your And my agent called up about a week later and said, well, okay, we got the results back and I said, oh okay. She goesaid, well I got bad news and good news, and I said, okay, what's all. Give me the bad news. She said, you're not are And I go, oh, man, while you're kidding, who got a or who's he? Who's here? He said, well that's going to Peter Cullen. You go, oh, well, can't complain. You lose Peter Cullin. You're losing to the best. Okay, Well what's the good news? She goes, well you're winning the Pooh and Tigger. I said, the hell with that's quite a call. Yeah yeah, yeah, I said, you know or Shmi or you know you can have him? Yeah, yeah, So I took my consolation price.
Speaker 3: So at the time, I mean, you thought you nailed e Or, which would be on a technical level, but did you who did you want? Like, did did you have a connection to Pooh Bear before that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh absolutely, yeah, absolutely yeah. I mean that had to have cross but certainly Tigger yeah, because he was just he was just the coolest.
Speaker 3: I wonder if there was always the intent? Was was Tiggered the same always like or was there two different voices before you?
Speaker 1: No? No? They uh I know that will Ryan did it? For gosh what not? Return to poo There was a production that was on Disney Channel and it was by the same people who did Dumbo Circus and it was people in costume. God wasn't animated, Okay, so it was a it was a different critter and it looked different. Yeah, and they some of the voices were you know, here, and some of them were there and some of them weren't anywhere. And uh huh. So you know that was it.
Speaker 2: That was different era.
Speaker 1: Yeah, different era, and there wasn't you know, they'd been gone apart from that, they've been gone for you know, twenty years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, costumes. I don't even think I've seen that as a as a fan. I think I should probably look into you to at least say I've seen it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to be a tough one to find, don't I can't find it removed.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you. You on your social media, you have access or knowledge to so many different products, like products I've never even considered being products before, and you just come across all do you get like tipped off? How do you find all these different one of the things everything like that?
Speaker 3: So, I mean when we talk about being a collector earlier, like I was like anticipating today thinking like gosh, I hope they don't ask me like what's your count on Winnie the Pooh items, because I just truly like not that it's not quantifiable like it is like I could, I could figure it out, but I don't know. And you know part.
Speaker 4: Of that where do you keep all the stuff? So I have my own what I.
Speaker 3: Call Pooh Corner in my house, and it's just like a I could have more. I'm actually about to move in about a month and I'm thinking Poo Corner might turn into like Pooh Room or something. But you know, I have bookshelves and it varies from Funko pops to you know, bobbleheads and you know, non Funko and books, and I have VHS tapes that I that I have from years ago and that I've kind of like hunted down at strip stores.
Speaker 2: And are you like a completionist, like do you need every in some way set? Like do you need every poo funk goal?
Speaker 3: I will say, like as a Pooh Bear fan, like I'm so fortunate because I'd say I'm biased, but I would say he's like the most beloved character. Like and there's so much stuff, Like you go to home Goods or what like they just year round. There's plates and you know, bowls and cuts, just everything, and there's aprons and kitchen towels and they do kitchen towels for Christmas and Halloween and all. Like poo Bear is everywhere Hallmark, like in Target, and there's there's diapers at Walmart that have poo Bear on the box, like for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, besides maybe the name, yeah, I mean, besides the obvious.
Speaker 3: So I just I think that's kind of what gains me so much access is just like you really don't have to look hard. And when I started posting about my collection and you know, being outward about how I have a favorite character, which you know, lots of people do. I think a lot of Disney fans are always have that one thing that's like, oh, you know, they can answer off the top of their head what their favorite movie is, favorite villain, favorite character, And it's just always been that for me. But I would say, I mean, I'm bombarded by messages and comments when there's new stuff, so like people ask me sometimes like how do you know that this exists? And I'm like, because you tell me, yeah, you're yelling at me to go find it, and yeah, it's something as silly and simple sometimes as like going and looking. I get comments about, oh there's this new throw blanket and it's Winnie the Pooh tigger and piggle it and there are fall leaves and it's at these stories. You got to go find it, and so I'll take I'll vlog about it and go look for it and to no end sometimes like just you don't find it or whatever it is. So I would say, it's just such a vast world of collectibles, and sometimes I just it's a blessing and a curse to be the fan of Pooh Bear in that world, because I'm like I'm constantly behind finding somebody.
Speaker 4: I'm also constantly finding something new.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so and I don't know it as a fan yourself, like do you hold on to things?
Speaker 4: Do you seek those things out? Is it just too well? Yeah I do, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: I have to say, I do you know, I've got any number of scripts yeah from the past that are there and yeah, you know, and they're all signed by the by the cast members and uh yeah things like that, and it's and and you know, the memories are they're just golden for me. Yeah. I have a lot of cells, yeah, you know, and a lot of memorabilia. I got a what do I have memorabilia? I mean, I've got more Little Winnie the Poos and dark Wing Ducks and Tiggers and you know, and I just you know, I just put my name on them. And what I taught the whole family gets here, let's sell this. He's not signing anymore. There, they've got it. We got to get a couple of bucks out of this, so you know, doing my part, you know, yeah, a little forward thinking. They're right.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of signing, what's your favorite like, do you have a favorite convention that you go to annually or do you have a favorite con experience?
Speaker 1: T twenty three is a nice one. Always fine, I think they it's every other year. Yeah, and uh that's kind of like the the Rolls Royce.
Speaker 3: I would say, yeah, that's to be as a as a Disney actor or fan like, oh yeah, I mean that's the ultimate.
Speaker 1: And it was good.
Speaker 4: It was great this year.
Speaker 3: I mean I would say it's super experientially driven. And after D twenty three related to Winnie the Pooh was when I got reached out to by Margaret and also got to help Disney Junior promote played eight with Winnie the Pooh for the season two, which is just precious. When I first watched it, probably like a year ago, I was just like, Oh.
Speaker 4: Something new, that's Pooh.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna check it out.
Speaker 3: And I will say I fully expected to hear you. And I was so surprised, and not in a negative way because it's so cute, but I was like, oh, it's just like little kid's voice.
Speaker 1: It's literally little chill kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so they reached out just letting me know that there was a season two coming, and so they did this really cool One of the producers or artists on the show drew me with Poobert and Tigger and Piglet and and I'm like, this is official Disney artwork with me on it.
Speaker 1: And so I thought that was so cool. It's wonderful.
Speaker 3: And they sent it to me and just said, yeah, they wanted to make this for you. And I'm like, just very casually sending me like the coolest thing ever, because I have some cool stuff like that if you don't mind.
Speaker 1: A story, no, So in January, I.
Speaker 3: Was at Disney World and it was a hosted trip with the Parks and we got to do as a result, it's really cool, like private dinner in the Norway Pavilion in like their Norway Loft. It's like above one of the stores or restaurants. And we came into this cater dinner and there was an artist there that was a surprise to us, and it was Stacia Martin and you know, legendary Disney artists and historian, just amazing, amazing woman. And she went around our tables as we started eating and was just asking us about our favorite characters. And turns out she was there to draw live for us while we ate, and so of course she starts drawing, and we all had been given Raffle tickets at the beginning of the night and I was kind of like, oh, I was like what is this for?
Speaker 1: So then she comes in.
Speaker 3: I'm starting to put the pieces together like she's drawing for us, Like there are these like twenty two by twenty eight pieces of paper.
Speaker 4: So she starts drawing.
Speaker 3: She does ol Off and Bell and Dopey and Tiana, and she's just kind of going through like a list after she had talked to all of us and kind of heard like who our favorites were. So the of course, the whole time I'm like, please draw Pooper, Please drop Poover, And she hadn't gotten to him yet, and my ticket got called when the bell drawing was finished, and so I was like, I mean great, Like that's an amazing piece. I got to see it drawn in person, and so I get it. And the very last character she's introducing and I'm like, I don't I can't tell if she's talking about Poover. She's kind of just giving like a soft intro to she's gonna draw next, but I'm like, still fingers crossed. So she draws poo Be and she told a story, and like that was the most engaging part of the whole experience, was that she was speaking just fact after fact, story after story as she drew, and it was so fascinating, just perfectly drawn characters while she spoke. And we talked a little bit about, just like you mentioned the Sherman Brothers earlier and how they were tasked with writing the theme song. And I don't want to get his name wrong, Tony Martin. He was a set designer married to Julie Andrews at the time, and he kind of came to the Sherman Brothers while they were writing the song and told them like I grew up on these books like by Amil, and like I need to tell you like this important like take because they're having a hard time because Poo's not very like declarative. He's not running around this is me and I'm gonna go like he is. He is very like sir, go get my honey. But it's like, perhaps I'll go get my honey. Yeah, she described it exactly like that. I just thought that was so like I had never thought about him that way, and I never conceptualized like we have these declarative journeys and statements that our favorite characters make all the time. But then they wrote the song and it was like, you know what, I'm just going to have it be about the hundred acre would and who you find there because the animated there's not a whole lot going on in the books because they're kind of just walking around and talking and experience that's right, the forest or the woods together, and so that's kind of what they wanted to come across in the song. So buttoning up the story, a friend of mine won the drawing and we traded because her favorite princess was Belle, so.
Speaker 1: I have that drawing a PB hanging on my wall right now. That's great.
Speaker 3: And you know, he's always been special to me. But the way that Stasia talked about him, and hearing the excerpt from Tony he said, like, oh, growing up, I was always the ugly duckling and I didn't feel like I fit in, and reading those books, I always felt so safe because I thought of Poobert as the mayor of what i've or town I would be accepted in.
Speaker 1: And I thought that was so cool.
Speaker 3: And I've always felt a deep connection and I maybe I don't relate to, you know, feeling like an outcast as a kid, because I just I didn't ever feel that way. But putting to words that that statement about him being the mayor of this like town where I was accepted is so cool. And I sat there and was like, I think that's why he's special.
Speaker 1: To That's a safe spot, isn't it. Yeah, So I.
Speaker 3: Thought that was really cool because I've always had a connection and like you know, I always just tell people since I was a kid, I don't know, I just he's always been my favorite. I think he's a great friend. I think he's really honest and funny and yeah and sweet. But then she said that, and I was like, I think that's that might be the kicker.
Speaker 1: What you say is what you get. Yeah, there's no, he's never a con artist. Yeah, unless you've got extra honey. Rabbit has experienced some time or two. Yeah that's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's sometimes to his downfall. Yet I'm stuck here and there.
Speaker 1: If you're a fan of everything we do here at tuned In with Jim Cummings, you could support the show on Patreon for bonus exclusive podcasts, as well as early in ad free access to the show itself, prize drawings, and more. You'll feel the difference, so go ahead and join the tuned In family today at Patreon dot com slash Jim Cummings podcast Do It Now?
Speaker 2: Well, trailing off the Winnie the Pooh theme song, you made a little theme song. You make music.
Speaker 1: I am a singer.
Speaker 2: I am a singer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good voice, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, so, hearing about the theme song, I had just actually a few months prior to that dinner experience put out my own version of the theme song.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like that version, which which which one deep in the US.
Speaker 4: Okay, that one starts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I recorded it just because I was like, I want to immortalize this time of my life, Like I want to use my talent to do something that I'm really excited about. And so then hearing that backstory about the theme song kind of how it came to be, I was like, that's really fun. And maybe another fun thing for us to talk about is when Tigger was added, because Tigger is actually not originally included in the theme song, and.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming.
Speaker 3: That it's because he wasn't in the honey Tree.
Speaker 1: And I knew that the Gopher wasn't in the book. Yeah, that I knew. Yeah, But I know that oftentimes I'll be signing something for someone and they'll have an old book of a Milns, you know, original, and it's got a little map in there of the hundred acre wood Rabbit's house, I'll you know, and sometimes Tigger is not there, and I and I and I don't I don't get why. Yeah, And sometimes he's not in the he doesn't live in the wood. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe he's just nomadic and maybe that's the Tigger.
Speaker 3: Maybe you were a part of Tigger movie then, Yeah, And I used to love as a kid. Uh, watching them all dressed like him, like creating that acceptance with him and creating that family that he was like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love that. Yeah, I love the Tigger movie.
Speaker 3: Oh god yeah, seeing that I have a plushya poober and he's dressed as Tiggerah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's a good one, so fun. It's a pretty famous one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that.
Speaker 1: I don't see a lot of those that would hold on to that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like anyway, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of hanging on to it, what's the rarest thing that you say, you don't?
Speaker 4: I actually brought it, you did?
Speaker 1: I brought it?
Speaker 2: So would this be a good time to bust it out?
Speaker 3: Let me just make sure I don't anything here, so believe it or not, it's in my bag, but it's very well protected. It is a funko pop and it's from twenty twelve. I'm okay taking it out because I'm not sure. I'm not a stickler like that. I've taken it out of the box too, out of its box box. But it's a it's flocked so it's fuzzy and it's the two Fuzzy Love because yeah, he came out twenty twelve, San Diego Comic Con, and there's only four hundred.
Speaker 4: And eighty of those in existence.
Speaker 1: Wow, so now there's four hundred and seventy nine. Well all right, I suppose I'll give it back.
Speaker 3: So this this pop too, I got secondhand years and years ago during COVID, and you know, potentially it was a an impulse purchase, but I saved by selling I saved by selling some other collectibles.
Speaker 2: VID how much did that cost?
Speaker 4: So when I bought it it was five hundred.
Speaker 2: How much would it cost if Jim signed it?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, Well it's valued now is three thousand.
Speaker 1: So this when it's about to be three ten.
Speaker 3: So I've always actually thought about having you sign it, because I mean, you're the one, so get.
Speaker 1: We have the technology.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we can do it.
Speaker 1: We could do it.
Speaker 3: So actually, speaking of COVID, during the time when you were doing signings and videos for people, I sent in a box and you signed one of my pops over COVID, and I have the video still on my phone and stuff that you filmed for me. Oh good, so I was able. I can't remember who the company was V shout, I think, so I don't know if it was you were somewhere. I don't know if it was maybe you went to a con location and it was super limited, or maybe they just sent them when I sent that in.
Speaker 4: But it's not this one, obviously.
Speaker 3: But I have another one, the non fuzzy version of this that I had sign that's also a more rare collectible. And I mean, you know, there's so many people out there that are doing it for the value, sure, and I just don't I mean, as a true fan, I just don't relate to wanting that I want my name on it.
Speaker 4: I want, you know, those things.
Speaker 3: And you know what if somebody one day sold a collectible that they had signed, Sure, but you know, maybe you'll find someone who has your same name, that would be that'd be the seller's best best case. But I don't ever plan to get rid of them or you know, pass it on to whoever one day. But in the realm of collectibles online, I do a lot of hunting around for different things, and a big part of my thing is mystery items, whether so you know Funko Lounge, fly stores like Box Lunch and Hot Topic, like they still sell enamel pins, but they're single pins in a black box.
Speaker 4: And their mystery so you don't know what you're going to get.
Speaker 1: And I got in.
Speaker 3: I got into those because I lounge Fly was making a lot of winning the poop pen sets. So there'll be a set that includes Pooh Bear, tigger, owl, piglet e or and maybe they'll throw in roue or somebody. A lot of the fans are always like, come on, like we want rabbit, we want owl. So they listen and we get sets that have owl and rabbit and such. But yeah, I mean people love to watch the excitement, right, Yeah, that's not his brother.
Speaker 1: What did Cameron get? I forget years ago or what was that you that he got? He bought a mystery pack for like fifty bucks and he had oh my god, I can't even.
Speaker 2: When he got the baseball bat? Is that I can't remember?
Speaker 1: Maybe and sometimes you can buy the whole set and you'll get my homes in there and a couple of quarterbacks trading cards. Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, And it was like whoa, I mean, it was all of a sudden, it was like a ten thousand dollars per gosh, you know box made, they're like two or three in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you know of the Laarcana game, the Disney cards, so those are mystery packs as well. I mean, for the most part, you sometimes can get the.
Speaker 1: Starter set or whatever.
Speaker 3: But yeah, those are an absolute hit and I'm not supercluded into value of them, but there's tons of cards.
Speaker 2: That are Do you collect them?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: I started doing Lorcanic cards because they were mystery packs and it was fun to find out who But then then I started chasing after Pho Beer and friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 3: I got a Woo Bear a Tigger Rabbit for sure. I don't think that they have like everybody as characters, but yeah, there's some really cool cards and they all have different right you know, yeah, two or three each.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a couple of Rays and Peter two. And I remember I don't think I found Hondo Hondo. Yeah, I think I got three Hondas in one of them.
Speaker 3: He's one of my favorite Star Wars characters. I'm a I'm a junkie for the animated Star Wars stuff, so I lo. Yeah, One war is honestly is like why I fell in love with Star Wars as an adult, because like I watched it before, but when I revisited and.
Speaker 4: Just watched it all. I just thought it was so awesome.
Speaker 3: And that's another thing that I actually didn't even know you were a part of until until I became a fan of you as a as an actor, you know, and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my pleasure.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about this morning even, and I was just like, gosh it, like the list goes on, like when you did those awesome videos.
Speaker 4: I'm a voice actor.
Speaker 3: And gosh finding out even I don't even know if the character as a name, but in Shrek.
Speaker 1: Oh the I was the Captain of the Guard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you oga, Like I didn't even know that, And like that's a line that I can hear in my head because I've seen that movie so many times.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, that's so funny.
Speaker 1: Well that that's funny you bring that up. I can't remember the Will Smith movie where it was after the Apocalypse everybody was a zombie. I'm lug Oh, I am legend, I am legend. Well, apparently he had a few VHS tapes left over and he would just put them on like for background, and and he walks into his apartment and you hear me go, oh go you then you the movie? What are you doing in the movie? He was watching that movie in his movie, and I looked at my wife and I said, I can't believe I'm gonna get a check off this one.
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 1: I am legend in the credit. This is my new favorite Will Smith movie. Out of all of them, this is the one I like the most. Wow.
Speaker 3: Wait, I don't even think that I remember that now. Yeah, it's Halloween time.
Speaker 1: Everybody get out there. You gotta watch that. Go watch you gotta love that one part. I could promise you that is so funny.
Speaker 2: Somber and he comes in from the kitchen sitting there.
Speaker 1: That is funny.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like I can remember that theme of him, kind of like, you know, what else are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: That's popping an old movie.
Speaker 3: Okay, So before we move on from collectibles, I brought one for you to open. So I've got this really cool you know Disney doorables. Are you familiar at all? So it's just a toy brand by Just Play, and they do character little miniatures and there's usually big sets. They often include poo Bear and Tigger and Eyre, but Poober got his own set and rightly so and rightly so so on the back it'll show you all the options that there are. I think there's like eight and they have different themes and they all have different levels of rarity.
Speaker 1: Well, yes they do.
Speaker 4: So you talked about having little trinkets. Now you can have one more.
Speaker 1: That is crazy. Do I dare open it too? Yeah? Gotta find out where you get. It's a mystery. The people want to see the people.
Speaker 3: Let me just say right now, me Blake doing a mystery item with Jim and it's Winnie the Pooh Do doo.
Speaker 1: Boom boom boom boom. Let's see, shall we. Okay, here's a hint okay, and it's.
Speaker 4: Their depot with the soccer ball.
Speaker 1: It's soccer ball.
Speaker 4: Those are all fuzzy too, every single one of them.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, little fuzzy pooh yeah, oh.
Speaker 3: Man, first doorable. Wow, look at that because they are adorable.
Speaker 1: Look at that, ladies and gentlemen. And he's fuzzy and does his head move No it doesn't, but it breaks here we go. See anybody see that? Nice? That's one cute bear. That is thank you. This is wonderful. Oh yeah, of course I can't even sign it. It's too small. Yeah, I couldn't. I couldn't come empty handed.
Speaker 3: And definitely needed to have you do one of the things that I'm most known for, So.
Speaker 1: That is fantastic. Put it back, keep it in the original, just on a kind of.
Speaker 2: The original bag, the original bag.
Speaker 1: Surely that makes it much much more valuable.
Speaker 3: Of course you can sign the bag, Oh my gosh, plenty of real estate on the.
Speaker 1: Bas Absolutely, thanks man, and thank you for this too. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I came and gave you enough information to know what it's worth and you can hit the hit the road man.
Speaker 1: Yes, well that's that's pretty amazing.
Speaker 4: So when you or when is the last time I guess you were at Disneyland.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, it wasn't quite a year.
Speaker 2: We were all there, Yeah, about for Cameron's engagement. Yeah, Cameron's a little like a year and a half ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, year and a half. That sounds about right.
Speaker 3: Do you typically go visit the friends, the Pooh and Tigger, Well, yeah.
Speaker 1: They're they're very kind. They'll they'll give me somebody to walk me around. Yeah, yeah, it's wart I get recognized there a bit, I imagine. Yeah, I don't. I don't usually, but well, you know, conventions are Disney yes, as I do, yea. And it was funny we were there a couple of years ago, and there's this thing called Disney bounding. Yeah, are you familiar with her? Okay? And what that is for people like, say, for instance, if everybody wanted to be Disney Bounding of the Hunter acre Wood, which is what happened. We were getting ready to go into Club thirty three this place, and there were people standing around there and there was a very distinguished looking fellow and he had a brown vest on, and he had a mustache, and he had the traditional sort of eighteen nineties hairdo, and he had a vest and a cane. He was very proper. Then there was someone standing next to him, a lady in a big orangeish sort of sweater that went down you can see where this is going. Then there's a lady standing next to her wearing striped pajamas and they were sort of left right. And I said, I'm going to go out on a limb here and I'm talking to you, Piglet, you know, are you guys bounders? And he said, oh, well, yes, some goals and he gave his best owl. Oh I love it. Okay.
Speaker 4: I was thinking in my head it's got to be owl, but maybe I'm yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was, and it was very cute. It was very sweet, and they were just hanging around ling to you. When because was that your first exposure to the world of bounding? No, but only through the internet. Yeah, I don't know that. I saw many live people.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they're right under your nose, I would say, because what is bounding for anybody who doesn't yeh. So Disney Bounding was actually created by a girl named Leslie Leslie Kay, and she started the whole concept years and years ago, I can't remember. There's actually a book about it, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And they're recognized, you know, by Disney as like the official way to dress up without dressing up and uh, you know, as adults, we go to the parks and you're not allowed to wear full costume. You can't go to the parks dressed at in a Winnie the Pooh costume, just like I can't go to the park's dress exactly like aston because I'm just so ripped. Everybody's gonna think that it's but it's just, you know, you affect people's perception of the character because you do not work for Disney, and yeah, they don't want you running around taking pictures and doing a meet and greet and having a line for them because.
Speaker 4: People think you are official.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Disney Bounding was created as just a way for adults to kind of get away with repping their favorite characters without doing too much. And yeah, it's just you can use time period color shapes. I participate myself because I just think it's so fun. And the day that I did that dinner in Epcot, I was bounding as Tigger. Oh yeah, and I made a vest that was orange and.
Speaker 4: I colored black stripes on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, wore a lounge fly backpack of Tigger and had the ears and everything.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's pretty fun.
Speaker 3: It's like a kind of way for you to just like enjoy and like you capture the essence of the character without dressing as exactly like the character, because you can only do that for like Ogi Boogie Bash.
Speaker 1: You can actually dress up for Ogie Boogie Oki Boogie Bash.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The Halloween party at California Adventure.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I was gonna say, you have to explain that one to y.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, maybe if you're unfamiliar. You know, in Orlando they have Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. That's what it's called out there, and then we have Ougi Boogie Bash takes place in California Adventure.
Speaker 4: So Ogi Boogie is the generous host. Go meet him.
Speaker 3: They have a bunch of different characters, I mean the they premiere a lot of really cool face characters.
Speaker 4: Last year they had.
Speaker 3: Judge Doom from Roger Rabbit, who from Roger Rabbit. And this year they have a live action face character doing hades which is pretty fun. Oh yeah, so they've got a lot of cool stuff and even Doofen Schmertz from Phineas and Ferb they have this year.
Speaker 1: Oh, you have a real.
Speaker 4: Person dressed up as a cartoon man.
Speaker 3: It's really interesting. The prosthetics and stuff are pretty awesome. You got to look it up because it's it's pretty great.
Speaker 2: Do they do that like I've seen that paint where they make it look like it's animated, almost like the highlights and the bold makeup.
Speaker 1: Yeah know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I mean, it doesn't it looks like a cartoon human. So yeah, it's pretty It's pretty cool without being a costume, right, like covering his face or anything. But yeah, I've always been so curious because I've seen various videos. You know of voice actors interacting with their characters and such at the parks or you know whatever.
Speaker 4: I know that's probably so cool.
Speaker 3: I mean, I would love to be one of those cast members that just happens to know who you are that day.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's pretty special. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And do you feel like you get a lot of maybe not just from cast members, but just in life, Like I'm sure you hear a lot of touching stories about what Hubert means.
Speaker 1: To the people.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, he has some tattoos, I'm sure like mine. Oh yeah, yeah, mine's very tasteful.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yours is very very subdued. It's his head. It's an outline. Yeah, disembodied floating head. That's great. We got hit him making I got to hit him poo. But yeah, there's there's plenty of beautiful stories from you know, people that that have told me over the years, you know, things that who has saved them or given them a safe haven. Yeah, you know, and I cherished that. Do you relate to that? Sure? Yeah? Oh yeah, you know I couldn't imagine meeting Zoro or Davy Crockett you know, when I was when I was a kid, So I yes, I get it, yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: Because I'm sure you have your own deeper connections to Poobert that oh yeah that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah, he's he's gotten me through times of trouble. You know, I was going through this horrendous and it wasn't even like a custody battle with with an X and but it was all the dust was all settled, but it was all about you know, getting money, blah blah blah. And I actually even wrote it down. I said maybe I should bring this up. I don't know if I should, but anyway, I was making Christopher Robin at the time, and you know, you go to the courthouse and you're it's all straightforward and it's all this that and and it's very very taxing. And then I would leave there and go to a hundred acre wood, you know, there's no other way to put it, and uh, you know, and spend hours and hours making Pooh and Tigger come to life in Christopher Robin. And I have to say that it's it's when any of the Pooh can save you, Yeah that's all. Yeah, yeah, I can save you that. Huh.
Speaker 4: Thanks for sharing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I have a lot of people that come up you know, like to this conventions mm hm. You know, people will come up and they'll and they'll have stories like that, and then I ended up with one of my own. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm sure people even listening just feel special to hear you share because it's extremely validating as a connecting fan to know that that connection runs so much deeper than just you, because you know, I have my own my own stories that just you know, times of uncertainty or just whatever, and just having that one thing that kind of grounds you and comfort character is a perfect description of Poober, I think, and you know Tigger too, And I know that a lot of people find themselves in those characters. There's you know, speculations that each of them represent something or whatever, and you know, people find themselves in their demeanor and their actions and their behaviors. And but yeah, that's quite a dissonance going from that such going into the studio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a pendulum swing unlike any other I can assure you. If you're a fan of everything we do here at tuned In with Jim Cummings, you could support the show on Patreon for bonus exclusive podcasts, as well as early in ad free access to the show itself, prize drawings and more. You'll feel the difference. So go ahead and join the tuned in family today at patreon dot com slash Jim Cummings podcast Do It Now. You know, I've often thought that Winnie the Pooh is can be like a mental spiritual oasis. You know, it takes you away from the every day and whether it be it great or be it not so great. Yeah, you know it's a safe haven. Yeah, it's a safe haven. The hunter Acre Wood's a pretty pretty safe place to be.
Speaker 4: And have you visited the real one in the UK?
Speaker 3: No, I have not got to go. I know I have not either, but uh yeah, we could do a part.
Speaker 4: Two podcasts.
Speaker 1: Catch the Next Flight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, would you mind looking it up?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I don't want to butcher the name, but I I want to say like Hartford or something.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: But there's the house that the real Christopher Robin grew up in. Is on Airbnb really yeah, which you know, of course everything is everything is accessible, but you can go and I don't know how much time you actually spend on social media, but there's a cafe in the middle of the woods that was inspired that the hundred acre Wood was inspired by and you can have breakfast and it's this themed Winnie the Pooh Cafe and they have Winnie the Poo toast and honey and coffee and tea.
Speaker 1: There's gotta be some honey in there for the tea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta have the side always. But yeah, and I've always wanted to visit just because why not. And there's there's even activities like there's a bridge and you can play poosticks and there's sticks that you can.
Speaker 4: Throw into the water. Just because of that reference, Like it's so cool.
Speaker 1: I've played poo sticks many times. Play in Missouri with a similar little bridge. Yeah, I gotta play poo sticks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you kinda got a transport there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's a violent sport, but once you get past that, it's competitive. It's dare I say highly competitive?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think we're just so lucky as fans of him to be able to see that stuff. And I just I love hearing the you're a fan of him, Like, I just it's I'm sure there's like a little bit of a weird like am I saying that I'm a fan of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, well, fortunately it was around. It came from literature, yes, and and that that and I'm Strolling Halloway was the original original He did the first three without with I dare say, without Walt Disney going back and digging up from literature, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Yeah, it's true, you know, but Walt's genius as usual came through. And you know he tapped. He did the same thing with Mary Poppins that was kind of a popular children's book, I guess, right, yeah, and not a nursery rhyme, but in that neck of the woods. And uh and you know he mind all those those perfect little place a both jungle books another one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's another product Sterling was involved with, right.
Speaker 1: Yes, well he was cal Yeah, he's call and now I'm blue. So I'm I'm I've got the trifecta. I've been king Louis for a long time. Yeah, pooh for a long time. And just recently they needed blue for d C D twenty three's not a twenty fifth, get what it was?
Speaker 4: Something for you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, they need they needed blue. So I was below, come on on their little bridges, let's get going. Come look out now you know.
Speaker 4: So, uh, did you get to sing the baar necessity?
Speaker 1: I have not, not not then. And Phil Harris was a friend of mine. Yeah, I got to meet him and work with him a few times. Then he kind of retired and here I am. Yeah, then I have you done any work as Cheshire Cat? Oh? Very little? Yeah, not much, but yes, yeah here.
Speaker 3: And as far as the parks go, like you're stamped in there right like you you've done work for you?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 4: Hondo and Galaxy s Edge? Oh yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, every time you hear Hondo, it's me.
Speaker 3: That's like always my favorite fun fact with friends that don't go to the parks often, or even just friends that are not included in as deep. But We're waiting in line for Smugglers Run and I'm like, it's many.
Speaker 1: I hear that. I know it is, Yeah, the same Smugglers Run.
Speaker 3: You've seen it. Oh, it's pretty amazing. Gosh that animatronic. I just remember seeing that for the first time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it knocked me out. I've said it before. You know, you're sitting there looking at it, you go, wow, that looks really good. And then because he's facing the other direction. Yeah, and he's doing this that the other yeah. Yeah, and then he turns around and walks over and looks down at you and to go, oh, hello, I wasn't expecting that. No, so cool. I'm waiting for him to jump down and high five. Yeah. Yeah, Hi.
Speaker 3: Okay, So maybe I just I'm not familiar enough if there's a cameo. But he's never been seen in live action, right, just Clone Wars and Rebels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. Yeah, gosh, that's.
Speaker 3: So cool that it feels because he feels live action there of course, because you're well and that feels like it. Yeah, it feels like you have seen him in live action because of that. Yeah, which I guess that is part of the universe. So that's pretty special. Have you done because he's obviously coaching you through the ride when you in the Falcon?
Speaker 4: But have you heard of or done chewy mode before?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I haven't, but I heard an inkling of it. Yeah, please take it away. Yeah, I get to teach you. Some of them don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know exactly how to do it at each station, but typically the cast member will assist if you request chewy Mode. It just involves like, you know, everybody's got to be buckled, and then there's like switches at each station the two pilots, two gunners, and two engineers that have to be hit before the ride begins. And if you hit the marks on all of those buttons and switches before you touch anything else, then Chewy will coach you through the whole ride. And naturally it's chaotic because.
Speaker 4: You don't know what the heck can you say? It's just that the whole time.
Speaker 3: Never have I ever performed as badly on that ride as when I'm but it's a riot.
Speaker 1: But at least you had him to blame for it. Oh yeah, I was just he made me do it. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And then of course you still report back to Hondo at the end and he's all angry that you're ruined the ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah this much, you know coaxium and.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, that's right. And then if you do well, he says, we still have some time, let's go get some more. Yeah. Pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: I've had that happen like once. Yeah, you know, Oh that's fun. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sometimes there's like that extra they do, like the extra scenes at the end and stuff, there's extra time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was awesome. I remember when it's interesting because when you're on the when you go to Disneyland, it looks like you're getting on the Millennium Falcon, the spaceship it's and it's actual size, it's real and and I remember when they gave us the first walk through. I just sat down at that that weird little chessboard, the three D and I wanted to hang out there. Yeah, Milaiavant and the lady says, you know, this is a problem, And I said, what's that? She says, People get on this thing and they go, wait a minute, this is the Millennium. Yeah, okay, I'm just gonna sit what a moment. Yeah, I'm gonna sit down. And it smells like the Millennium Falcon, you know, and you're sitting there loving life. And the people had to gently go okay, but you have to do the ride now because there are other people behind it.
Speaker 4: That immersion is no joke.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and so you've obviously visited, but have you you've been with other cast members then, or I say, customers gets confusing with the parks, but with other Star Wars actors, not.
Speaker 1: On that one Princess and the Frog. Yes, but no. In fact, the first time I saw the Millennium Falcon, I saw the raw it was over it in Glendale with the imagineering where they put it together, come up with it, and it's this big giant thing like this, like here's the here's the cockpit, and you walk up and you get in and it's just you know, and then then of course they incorporate that into the ship when you're in the park, so it looks like you're getting on this big and which you kind of are. But and then the thing goes like this all over all on the side, and I screwed up and I was the navigator and I went and I remember sitting there and we're going like this, Okay, this is actual gravity because you're strapped on the floor. Yeah wow. And I thought, okay, this is a little too real. You want to get me up there, my land lover. But because I don't know what I'm.
Speaker 4: I'm going to kill us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's it's insane, you know. The attention to detail means everything, And that was one of the tenets of Walt Walt's original because I've seen any number of you know, documentary footage and well, we're here in Anaheim, California, making Disney and they hear where they're on a roller coaster. They're doing it, and it shows how and he said, everything has to be real. The more realistic it is, the better, you know, you don't want to leave anything to imagination. And it's it's a beautiful concept.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean the whole land itself is just.
Speaker 2: I've always I've always felt like Disney. Disney just strikes me, especially when you're in the parks, as like an engineering company more than anything, more than entertainment, more than storytelling. To me, the engineering of Disney since its inception has just been incredible, from the way they make films, the innovations, I mean, the technology and the park rides, you know, all the inventions that they really have to come up with in order to storytell, in order to and I mean, like, if you think about it, Star Wars and Disney are like a match made in heaven because, you know, George Lucas didn't even make his vision at first because the technology wasn't there, you know, and what other company, let's build the technology, you know, the huge what hollow screens that they used they started using in the Mandalorian. I mean seeing those is just I saw this video on YouTube the other day where they're designing this like multi directional treadmill where you can walk and you just walk in place. And so let's see like all the virtual reality without the glasses. A big screen three sixty around you.
Speaker 4: Did you see the Lucasfilm Area D twenty three.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: They had a smaller scale version of that screen. Yeah, and you could take pictures.
Speaker 2: It was right around the corner too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah it was and it looked exactly like you could take a photo and it looks like you're on the ship or you know, wherever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so cool.
Speaker 4: I mean that technology is amazing.
Speaker 2: And like going back to the animatronics, like the animatronics in Hondo incredible. Yeah, animatronics in The Princess and the Frog with oh Man beautiful.
Speaker 3: I've got to go on it a couple of times a year in Florida and it's pretty fab.
Speaker 2: Avatar Avatar Animatronics in Florida. It's just like it's it's so fluid that it's like almost creepy on It's like Navvy River Journey ride. Yeah, it's like it's a little too large, like in the collar in the in the Clan, but with the like medicinal like Mother of the Clan.
Speaker 1: Like it's just unreal.
Speaker 4: I'm like, that's she's real.
Speaker 2: She's right there.
Speaker 3: Oh God, Like you said about Honda, it's like he's going to jump down and.
Speaker 1: Just come to any second now. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well I remember on the Avatar ride too when we did it. You know, you get on and you're in this what is that a cyclorama?
Speaker 2: I guess it's like a little like motor bike. Yeah, you're so like an Imax screen almost, yeah.
Speaker 1: But it's all yeah, and you sit on there and then you you connect to your avatar of trying to get the sequence, and then all of a sudden you feel brea it starts breathing. You go, oh, okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: You know, that's probably one of the coolest attraction moments I've ever had in my life, just like getting ready to do this amazing and that you know it's going to be great, and then you feel it between your legs as if you're actually riding it.
Speaker 4: Yes, you feel the breath.
Speaker 2: I love it when they hit you with the mists.
Speaker 1: And the smell. Yeah, all the flowers exciting.
Speaker 4: And thrilling, sore and over the world.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, absolutely, Well, it's just amazing because you just feel like you're there, you know, and and I just you know, we sat there and because we had a or a guard or somebody to walk us through, as can we do it again? Like three more, four, five times? Yeah, that's one thing you want to redo.
Speaker 3: They just have the technology and like with the trackless systems now like Rise of the Resistance, Yeah, rightually in Tokyo. I've never been, but Tokyo's Winnie the Pooh ride is trackless and there's a big tree in the middle of the room and you glide and like I have only seen a couple of videos, I try to leave leave my imagination open too some things before I can myself. But you know, our ride's awesome in California, and it's different in Orlando, and like that's that's really fun. But it just seems like such an advanced approach to the Winning the Poo ride that I just can't wait to experience one day. I'm going in April because I'm going to Star Wars celebration in Tokyo.
Speaker 1: Ohky yeh'd be fun.
Speaker 3: So hopefully i'll get to see the ride then, but yeah, yeah, have you been to all the no Tokyo Love to Go?
Speaker 1: Yeah, looks like it, really. I have a had from Paris? Does that comet? Yeah? Sure?
Speaker 3: Hey, they were selling Disneyland Paris merchandise at D twenty three, so I think we all could just buy proxy.
Speaker 1: We've all been, I've seen it.
Speaker 2: Well, you've been to the one in Paris. You've been to the one in Paris?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I haven't been.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They have the best rides.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so the best and the castle with the dragon underneath. Yeah, I think there's a dragon in there. Yeah, pretty cool. Yeah, they have the most thrilling rides. I haven't been to the Tokyo one either though.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Gotta get over there. Yeah, got to think of a and for Disney to pay for us to go over there. I guess that's what I'm really saying. There's going to be something coming up, got to be. Got to be some anniversary something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So what are you most excited for right now in in your in your world?
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, well something you can talk about, you know. Yeah, there's one thing I can't really talk about, But I have an interesting thing. Have you ever heard of Tomorrowland? Oh? Yeah, I went through twice. No, not the Disney No, then, well I don't know. Maybe ah see, I got I knew, I knew you were I.
Speaker 4: Thought we were doing a bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, how about Frontier Character how about Frontierland? Have you ever heard of that? Okay? No, But tomorrow Land is a rave. Oh the biggest raves based on Earth. Okay, yeah, yeah, Yeah. It's massive, yeah, massive, And it's usually held in some really interesting place. You know. It was in Brazil for a year or two, in Rus Belgium. Uh. Anyway, I'm the guy who I'm the There's there's some more wrapped around it. Tomorrow Land. There's a place where people can go and become one through music and you know, and it's all just rave music and people probably just getting high beyond there. I did not know this. Yeah, it's the biggest rave in the world, and they have and they're all bigger than Woodstock. Yeah yeah, yeah, And they spend astonishing amounts of money to recreate a world for that one and then it goes two weeks three maybe something like that. It lasts that long, well, you know, and then I don't. I don't know that they're consecutive in a row, but they donds Thursday Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's one of those like a Coachella, the Rave world, Yeah probably, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, infinitely bigger and it's the damnedest thing and everybody's there and they're all walking around banging into each other because they're doing god god knows what. But it's kind of cool. Yeah, and have good food. So the next one, that's a good question.
Speaker 3: I just did have you redo it every years, like every summer, every summer, because they tell a new story or yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's all based on some you know, the people of you know, the Children of Icarus. They fly too close to the sun. The land in a place called to motive Land, and it's kind of like that. Yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: That's a fun fact that that's that's it's really crazy.
Speaker 2: You should watch like a trailer of it on YouTube. It's got the production value. It's like it's reminiscent of Disneyland, but it actually is for for like adults. Obviously.
Speaker 1: I wonder how long this has been a thing, because have you been a part of it since its inception, So maybe I missed the very first year.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, it's yeah, like a dozen years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh gosh yeah wow. Yeah, I'm trying to think I remember doing it in this one house. I did it at home and that was good. That's like twenty years maybe almost. If you're a fan of everything we do here at tuned In with Jim Cummings, you could support the show on Patreon for bonus exclusive podcasts, as well as early in ad free access to the show itself, prize drawings, and more. You'll feel the difference, so go ahead and join the tuned In family today at patreon dot com slash Jim Cummings Podcast. Do it Now.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you another question, Blake, since we're here on social media, like and subscribe if.
Speaker 1: You like this content, by the way, and is that what it is?
Speaker 2: When did you start like getting on the full grind hustle of social media because you post so much content. I mean it's just like astant flow.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I felt like I was on your page scrolling for you know, ten minutes and I was like three days ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Some people love that, Yeah, some people probably.
Speaker 2: Don't love but I think it's important for like people who have a social media following to explain to like, you know, kids who may be watching, you know, younger generations who want to do social media as a career, like what it really takes and how much you have to post and plan and can you get into that a little bit and when you first started really doing it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've so Before I even started my journey that I'm on right now, I was working as like a photographer freelance and I went to college for graphic design. So I out of college worked for like five years as a professional designer in house at a couple different companies and tried a bunch of different stuff. I still do freelance stuff here and there. But yeah, I mean I started in twenty twenty over Covid. I started posting on Instagram just like kind of casually, just about my Funko pops or whatever it was.
Speaker 1: And I think, like there's a.
Speaker 3: Huge testament to social media working when you're not forcing it to And so many people pursue it because they're like, oh, I want to do this and I want to have this many followers and I want to be famous and all this stuff, and it never works. When you do that, when you when you just jump into it and you say, here's.
Speaker 1: What I'm going to get out of this passion. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And so my passion was sharing the things that I love, whether that was Disney or collecting Funko Pops or you know whatever at the time. Was sparking joy during a lockdown.
Speaker 1: Well, you know it is you if you're passionate about something, then you know you're going to draw others to you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it was a huge like community builder right off the bat, and that was all it was, was just making friends over lockdown and having something to talk about and having something that was like more joyful than just sitting at home watching paint dry. And it just was it was interesting to kind of feel like okay. So whether it was like oh I just I have five thousand followers on Instagram now or whatever it was. Then you know, TikTok came around, and you know those those platforms that are honestly blowing people up overnight, like following wise, like it's just people are shooting into like having so many eyes on them.
Speaker 4: And in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: One, I started posting on TikTok and had no experiences with video at all just was like, oh, let me just take someone around.
Speaker 4: The first video I ever had that.
Speaker 3: Got a million views in my life was me going to Hot Topic the store, oh boy and finding a Winnie the Poop pop And so I always like, I have the pop still it's like a Valentine's Savers and he's like Cupid and he's like shooting a bow. I know the one, and I think so far, like I look at that pop and I like thank it for like what I'm doing now, because it like showed me that sharing what I'm interested in can bring people and you know you're not alone, Yeah, bring you friends and like just help you even just be excited more about those things. And you know, that video happened and it was like maybe I should just keep going.
Speaker 4: And you know, soon enough it's one hundred thousand followers.
Speaker 3: Soon enough it's ten thousand on Instagram and then growing, growing, and you know, I'm about to hit a million on TikTok, which is just crazy. And it's been three years and I will say, like I never intended this to be like what I was doing it, whether it's.
Speaker 1: Not be it God or the universe.
Speaker 3: Like I just took the call of like this could work for you. And I got laid off from my job in February of twenty twenty three, so I was working full time.
Speaker 1: Probably the best thing you ever happened to. I know.
Speaker 4: I always say, now, I didn't get let go, I got set free.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: And while I liked it and I liked the work that I was doing, I didn't know that I would find so much fulfillment. And you know I have I have bigger dreams than just being an influencer, if you want to call it that. Like, I have no acting experience, but I've always wanted to ptry voice acting. I've always I'm a singer, so I've always wanted to be able to Well that's that's a plus do music. That's why I put out my own versions. I did the Winnie the Pooh song, and I did a song from the New Little Mermaid movie. It did the Prince ballad.
Speaker 1: Well, I can tell you for a fact that the best, the people who do the very best in voiceover were singers. Yeah, every single person whoever you want to name, Yeah, from old day modern they started off as singers. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I just you never know, and like when I lost my job and kind of realized, like I was putting in the work, posting multiple times a week on top of working a full time job. I was already a full time creator. I was already putting my effort in and it wasn't a chore, It wasn't it wasn't like daunting task. It was just because I was like excited to share the next thing that I got, or share this fact that I had. And I built a huge community around my love a Pooh Bear, so you know.
Speaker 4: I love that they're out there. Yeah, I love, love love that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I see people at Disneyland and they come.
Speaker 1: Up, You're the Pooh guy, like that's great. So it's so cool, and you know, and yet something else we have in common. I get that too.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's another reason why I was just thinking earlier and I mentioned it that my gosh, the people who are supporting me are going to be so excited to see me with you today. So yeah, just like very very grateful. But yeah, it's just I don't know, I mean, as far as pursuing, it just takes consistency and.
Speaker 1: Hard work and genuine.
Speaker 2: Do you have a schedule for yourself? Is it like, Okay, I got a post like.
Speaker 1: At this point.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I mean I used to tell myself like get ten videos up a day, and that was like crunch, like I want to grow, and I did. But I would never put that on myself now because I just recognize the value of like showing up when you're ready to fully show up, and you know, a huge part of it from you was showing up for those that were showing up for me. So like the people that support and I try to respond to comments, I try to message people back, and if I get mail to my po box, I always give them a thank you, make a video showing what it was.
Speaker 1: And I get a lot of.
Speaker 3: Winni the Pooh stuff to my po box and I mm hmm, I don't I actually thought about bringing it, but someone sent me.
Speaker 4: I think it was a pin.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it was like they call them fantasy pins when people make them themselves rather than being like licensed Disney merchandise. But there was a pin that someone made into a magnet and it's all the Winnie the Pooh characters and it says your name on it. It just says it just says Jim Cummings and I was like, maybe someone just made this themselves, but they like send it to me.
Speaker 4: It's a magnet.
Speaker 3: So I have a magnet with your name on it.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: But you know, just like really cool stuff.
Speaker 3: I like am eternally grateful even if it all went away tomorrow social media, like the relationships that I built getting to sit here with you, Like I was on the phone on my way here and Bluetooth and uh, don't worry, and they were like three years ago. Like if someone was telling you, like you'd be on your way to go hang out with Jim and do a podcast, like you would not believe it.
Speaker 4: I was like, you're right, I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: And it's all just because I decided one day to go a hot topic and.
Speaker 4: Pick up that stupid pooh Yeah.
Speaker 3: And you know, I'm grateful to you, even just because without the legacy, I wouldn't have the passion and the excitement for this thing. And you know, I'm grateful to brands like Funko and lounge Fly and Disney, Like Disney Disney's been so good to me in the last you know years, and you know, treating me so well at D twenty three and that cool drawing that I got from the production team of Playdate with Pooh and yeah, yeah, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I never know what could come of it.
Speaker 3: I think of everything as an opportunity to be seen and push toward those goals and those exciting things that I want to do. If I get to sing for something one day or I don't know. And I was even like, I'll put out my cover of the Winnie the Poos soong. You never know who might see it and be like we want you to do it for the next show or whatever. It is, like, yeah, you just never know. So which Winny of the poofsong?
Speaker 1: Way did that do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the I've been a hundred Yeah, so I've heard that before. It's it's great, It's my favorite. And I have gotten some comments like, oh, you got to do house at Pooh Corner or I don't, I don't know if that's an official.
Speaker 1: People send that to me on and off whenever they go and see Kenny Loggins. Yeah, Kenny, that's Kenny Loggins. Yeah. Yeah, how does yeah to get back to pookon a buy one so help me? Yeah, if you can, I've got to get Yeah, that's a beautiful, beautiful song. So Kenny log he's great anyway. Yeah, and people will said, have you ever seen this? And you know they're from the twentieth row, you know, fiftieth row. Yeah, yeah, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: That's the first time every time, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Love it and I love the Gotta Get Up that one? Yes, me too. Yeah, now, that one I sang for the and they were thinking of using it for the show, but they kind of went away. I don't I don't think they It was way bad. I mean that was eighty seven. Was that for New Adventures? Yeah, okay, and I sang the same theme song. Yeah, and it popped up somewhere I don't know where we find Oh.
Speaker 4: It's floating around.
Speaker 1: Wow. That was that was pretty good. They should have used that, but they got somebody kinda sounded like that anyway. He sounded a little more Kenny Loggin's ish, which I think at the time was cool. Yeah. It was you.
Speaker 3: Eversed like music and a personal realm before all of this.
Speaker 1: Well, I was always in a band. Yeah, as a kid. You know, I've been playing playing drums and singing in bands for not much money since I.
Speaker 4: Was thirteen fourteen. Yeah, yeah, that's really cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I grew up in the church and stuff, so I was always doing worship and you know, that's how I started singing.
Speaker 1: And then just a lot of people. Yeah, and then I was in an a capella group in college.
Speaker 3: Very nerdy, very fun, and just you know, as I you know, you gain connections and it's like, oh, I know someone who has a studio and then you go and do a project or whatever it is, and yeah, it's fine. I always want to I always have ideas. I want to do more songs or I've always wanted to do a fun new version of the Heffalumps and Oozel song.
Speaker 4: Oh, this is a good question for you. Do you know Lumpy's full name?
Speaker 1: Wow? Mic Lumpy. I don't know. The answer is no.
Speaker 3: I asked because I I think I remember the full thing, but it's it's quite long. It's hefridge a trump trumpler bromp it Heffalump the fourth so Hefridge Heffridge. I think it's trumpler trumpler brom bit prompt. Yeah, well you because I think I'm not quite sure about the trumpler, but Heffridge trumpler brompet, heff a Lump the fourth.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, quick, folks, get back right away.
Speaker 2: Hefridge trumpler, trumpler a trumpel trumpler. Okay, Heffridge trumpler, he's a trumpler. Brompet, Brompet. Heffalump the fourth.
Speaker 4: Okay, that was pretty good.
Speaker 1: But that's close to trumpet. Yeah, yeah, they were getting like the sneaking trumpet in the.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know, and that's another good one. I love the Heffalup movie.
Speaker 1: And he makes that sound at both ends. Not everyone can do that. So see fun facts to know and tell me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the fun fact stuff is always like I don't even know sometimes like where I get the information. But I just as a fan, I'm just like I always want I want the fun facts. I want the cool I mean, even just like the I'm sure you're familiar with, like the origins of you know, why Huber even came to be. Oh you you know, I forget the name of the the man who found the bear, but.
Speaker 1: Edward be or somebody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Edward Bear was the original plushy that a Millen gave to Christopher Robin. A lot of people don't even know Christopher Robin was a real kid. Obviously the fictional was inspired by you know, he wrote it about his son, but you know.
Speaker 1: That he was a mascot. Yeah and Canadian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the I guess that there's a book called Finding Winnie that's all about it. And it was a soldier that was I think taking a train through Canada during World War two, right, And he's at this train thop in Winnipeg, which is why he named and they have a statue I think of this bear and they do twenty bucks for this cub.
Speaker 1: And I remember reading and can you imagine a guy standing there with a bear cup? No, in a very very young bear cup.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, quite.
Speaker 3: And you know he got in nineteen thirteen, fourteen, I think twenty bucks. It's probably five hundred bucks today. So it's like at the train station, twenty dollars.
Speaker 1: Bear, take it, or you're going to join the army? Yeah, well let's buy a bear?
Speaker 2: Why not? I could use a bear on the battle for no.
Speaker 3: I just I don't know if it was like an empathetic purchase or you know, maybe we could use this in battle.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but who knows, but you know, ends up.
Speaker 3: Bear ends up in the London zoo and that's where AA Mill and Christopher Robins saw it. And then I think because of Christopher Robin's affinity for that bear, Winnie, that's why he gave him Edward Bear. And yeah, I've gotten questions on my social media before, like do you know why like his name is Pooh because there's always that is his name Pooh?
Speaker 4: Or is he a Pooh? And is his name Winnie like? And I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think we all we all lovingly call him poo bear. But I've looked into it. There's some clues in some of the books, and some of the books old enough to describe Christopher Robin dragon Edward bar around the house or whatever, and that the sound down the steps it would make, Yeah, is why he's Pooh. But then Amil also wrote short stories before Winny of the Poot and Friends or Many Adventures, and there was a I think I forget it was a goose or a swan.
Speaker 4: I think it was a swan that.
Speaker 3: Was named Pooh in the stories because that's the sound they made then they were shooing it away. And then there's also a description in the book that is the sound he would make when you try to get a fly off of his nose.
Speaker 4: Poo bear pooh.
Speaker 1: I think they did that in the very first one. Yeah, poo two mmmuse yeah, yeah, and there was something. Yeah, it was it a fly, maybe so a fly.
Speaker 3: Or maybe a butterfly because that was a common butterfly.
Speaker 1: It was a butterfly. That's that's the common because it rings a bell. Yeah. I could see the picture with the butterfly right here on his nose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's kind of cool to have that like a causal like, okay, whinny, we know where that comes from. And then pooh, the always throws the.
Speaker 2: Like I heard, Yeah, I heard the swan or the goose one whatever that was. Yeah, that's I think that's the one. Yeah, what was his name, red Moon? I think Red Moon told us that story as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this guy read Moon. He's like a collector, a super collector. Yeah, incredible. You should watch the episode. Yeah you haven't seen it. Watched the episode with read Moon. It's a really good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's awesome, very informative, pretty severely cool. Yeah, I could learn a thing or just any collector.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: Well, is there anything you want to say to the audience. Is there anything you want to plug.
Speaker 3: If you if you are convinced enough after watching this to listen to my version of the theme song, I would love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean you just look up Blake Silva and you can listen to any of me, any of my songs that I sing.
Speaker 4: So I don't have any like original music.
Speaker 3: I haven't really pursued that, but got a few Disney covers, love my Winnie the Pooh song a lot.
Speaker 4: It's a very special project.
Speaker 3: And earlier when we talked about Tigger is not the theme song, he is added later it's like.
Speaker 4: I think it's a.
Speaker 3: Kanga and little Roue and Tiger too, and they add him that way, but he's not originally in it.
Speaker 4: And so my friends and I we.
Speaker 3: Wrote an alt ending, oh good to the song where we really just used the the the melody.
Speaker 4: We said uh.
Speaker 1: Po yeah, yeah, yeah, and you.
Speaker 3: Know and we say bouncy chounty, flouncy, bouncy fun fun Tiger and poo and me and you, Oh there really really good pair.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we did like an alternate ending because that's the question always get, how come tiggers on the song? You didn't include Tigger in the song, and I'm like, well, I could have said and Tiger too, but I wanted to give him more of a moment. Yeah, give him something to let him have his cake. You need it too, So yeah, if you'd like to listen to that. I mean, I'm on social media, Blake's pop nook, pop culture safe corner of the Internet. So who's my comfort character? And I sometimes people say I'm their comfort creator, So I love that, and uh yeah it's fundy there. Yeah, not bad. That's not bad, not bad at all. Keep up the good work. Thank you, fantastic you too. Yeah, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate good stuff. Mane pleasure.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you all for watching another episode of Tuned In with Jim Cummings. Today we had Blake Silva. Thank you so much. You were a great guest, very interesting stuff. Don't forget to like and subscribe. We were so close to one hundred thousand subscribers on YouTube and we thank all of you for that, and we really want to get there by the new year. So let's get that goal set and let's get that goal made. A special thank you for all of our subscribers on Patreon. Thanks to all our patrons. If you don't know, you can find bonus content on Patreon. That's patreon dot com. Slash Jim Cummings podcast.
Speaker 1: Just tune in.
Speaker 2: It does always. Thank you for tune again. We will see you in the next one.
Speaker 1: All right, pretty tasty. I loved it. Yeah, thank you so much