Speaker 1: Promise is made, the promises kept.
Speaker 2: Politicians won't join us.
Speaker 3: In the chat post out a politician and I love it.
Speaker 2: Fifty five krs the talk station. Well, I guess that's me. Fifty five krc the talk station. Sean McMahon. Where's a little music there, buddy? What happened? I was expecting, by the way, it's it's Dan Carroll and for Brian Thomas. And Brian Thomas has taken I think he's taking the whole week off because I'm here Monday through Thursday. And then I think, now, now we got some music. You always say it's all about timing. Let's let's let this play for a second. All right, here we go. I need to drink a coffee anyway, you know, Sean McMahon can only go up from here, right, Come on now, little Van Hallen, Now we can go. Fifty five krc de talk station, Dan carrollin for Brian Thomas. It flows a lot better, you know, when you got a little music going on back there. But Joe Strecker is taking the week off as well. So that is something that is a combination that hardly ever happens when you have Joe Strecker and Brian Thomas off at the same time. So we are going to do our best to uphold the great traditions and serve the great audience of fifty five KRC, especially here in the morning show. I always always tell people how great and loyal and just outstanding the audience here is on fifty five KRC that listens to Brian Thomas every single I run into so many people who tell me they listen to Brian Thomas every single morning. So it is great to be sitting in in his stead Monday through Thursday. This week. Where do we start today? I was, I was. I did some shows last week, and I was on a Friday afternoon down the hall at seven hundred, and then Saturday came and I had a bunch of stuff to do with my brother, and I ran around with him for a large part of the day. Then I'm probably like a lot of you. I had to get the grass cut. With all the rain we've had over the last several weeks, I just have not been able to get a lawnmower on my yard and I and I finally said Saturday is the day. That was it, And so I got and that was it was a major operation it was multi hour task to get the to get the yard at least looking halfway it was it was like a miniature jungle out there. So I was able to get that done. And then of course Sunday was the Masters, and I spent part of Saturday watching the Masters as well. But the thing is when I sort of took that Saturday off and didn't look at a lot of news on Saturday, I uh, I watched the I watched a little bit of the Masters on Saturday once I got done with the yard work. Then my wife and I went out and got a little something to eat. We got home and I forget what we watched on TV. And then that was pretty much it. So I started preparing yesterday Sunday. What did we have? We had some we made some breakfast in the morning, my daughter came to the house. I had a few errands to run. Then we had a Sean McMahon we had We had a master's event in the Turnament, master's event in the neighborhood on Sunday. That sounds fun. A buddy of mine has installed a putting green in his backyard last summer and and we used it for a master's event. A Master's putting competition, which I won. By the way, I was about to ask, did you win? I won? I shut It's five holes and I made three aces on my first three putts. I shot three under par, new course record, and I won the trophy, I won the money, I won everything. Did you get a jacket? There's no jacket. No jacket, you know, that would be for the actual Master's competition. But this was just as good. It's pretty good. So I did that and I got done with that, and I got home the end. In the afternoon, I had the Masters on TV, and I'm preparing for the show this morning. And so it was a little more than twenty four hours since I had really looked at the news, and it is absolutely amazing the news cycle and all the stuff that I have to talk about today. And so I'm looking at the news, and I'm looking at the news and I'm thinking, what am I going to talk about? And then this pops up and Tommy Helms passed away on Sunday. Tommy Helms a great second basement for the Cincinnati Reds for so many years back in the Sevan. This was this was my childhood. Tommy Helms played for the Reds. Let me see if I can find this year. He was born in Carolina, North Carolina, in May fifth, nineteen forty one. Let's see was he was a Red third baseman for one season. Then he became the second basement in nineteen sixty seven, and I was a Wei Lad, a Wei Lad in nineteen sixty seven. He was an All Star second basement in sixty seven and sixty eight, won a Gold Glove in nineteen seventy and nineteen seventy one. The Reds traded him in nineteen seventy one first baseman Lee May. In nineteen eighty three he came back to the Reds. It's part of the coaching staff. And the reason I I mean, and again you know those days listening to the Red it's Tommy Helms was such a great guy. And I actually years ago I got to play golf with Tommy Hilmes. I went to way a golf outing and I want to say it was I think Chris Collinsworth had his name on this particular event. And it was a golf course way out east. I cannot remember the name of it, but it was way out east and and uh, I was invited to go to that, and I went and got out there and I saw who I was paired with that day, and it was me and Tommy Helms and a couple of other guys. And I spent the day riding around the golf cart with him and just so many, so many great stories about his time with the Reds and his time in Major League Baseball. And you know, some other Reds players were there and they'd come up and and they and they you know, laugh and tell jokes and and Tommy Hilmes, he was he was very good golf. We had We didn't win that event, but man, we we played very very well that day. I was playing a lot of golf back then. Actually hit the ball fairly decent. And uh. At one point he turned to me, we had it was a tough part three and it was there, it was like a two hundred and something yard part three and I hit a shot in there, I don't know, four or five feet away from the hole, and he turned to me and said, I like the way you carry yourself. I was like, I'm going to remember that. Tommy Elms is he has given me a great compliment. But you know, for for a little kid who watched this guy play baseball and just just that whole you know when you talk about and really, when I was a kid, it was the big Red Machine days and the Reds were so special, and it was it was just a mesmerizing time. And to have the ability just that one day to hang out with a guy that I watched all those years and put on a pedestal. I don't want to say I idolized him, but it was.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 2: It just seemed like it was such a it's a big deal today when you're a kid and you know, you got sports heroes and people you look up to. But to have that time to spend that day with Tommy Hilmes, and it just left such a lasting impression on me. What a great guy. He was so funny, so great to be around, and we had such a great day together. It was one of the funnest events that I had ever been to in my life. And to see that he passed away yesterday, I believe at the age of eighty three. So God blessed Tommy Helms. And you know John Sadak was apparently talking about and I did not watch the Reds game yesterday. They announced this during the Reds game during the Reds broadcast, we had the Masters event on the at the function I was at, and John Sadak said during the broadcast, Reds Hall of Famer Tommy Helms passed away lost at the age of eighty three, National League Rookie of the of the Year, two time All Star, nineteen seventy nine Reds Hall of Fame inductee. I think I know, I didn't know. It was not like, you know, I'm thinking of something else, but nineteen seventy nine Hall of Fame inductee lost today, information shared by his wife Kathy. So all the best to Tommy Helms and his family, and God bless him. What a great guy, what great memories, and I'll never forget him watching him play, and especially that day, just having that lucky opportunity to spend that day with him and the fun that we had that day, I will never ever forget it. So God bless Tommy Elms and all that he stood for, and he will definitely be missed as one of the great. So many great guys on those years with the Reds, and I've been fortunate to have had the chance to meet and got to know a little bit some of them. But I was talking to Tom Brennman down the hall a little bit earlier this morning, and he was talking about so many of them are starting to starting to lose, far too many of them, and that's life. But God bless Tommy Helms a lot of stuff I want to get to today, and we will do that during the course of the show, and the phones will be open for you as well. Five one, three, seven, fifty five hundred. Of course we'll have Chris Smithman and the smith Event, and then Andrew Pappas will join us a little bit later on as well. So it's going to be a great day. I hope you can hang around as we well, we'll talk about the forecast after this, and it does not look that bad at all. It's Dan Carrolyn for Brian Thomas. I'm fifty five KRC the Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC dot Com in this edition of the Marketers Report.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC the Talk Station, Dan Carrolyn for Brian Thomas, Sean McMahon running the big board in the fifty five KRC Command Center, and for Joe Strecker who is taking some much deserved time off. So we appreciate always appreciate Joe Strecker and and everything he does. But Sean McMahon is here today five one three seven if you want to pick up the phone. One of the most surprising things I saw as I was getting ready for the show today was this headline, Kamala Harris wants to reportedly create a Institute for Policy and Ideas. Yes, I said that, Kamala Harris. Can you imagine if Kamala Harris had her own museum or a somewhere where her great ideas could be on display, that would be a giant void. That would be a very empty to think about it. During the campaign, after she stepped in for Joe Biden, and we could go down that rabbit hole if we want, but for now I won't. But after she stepped in for Joe Biden, did she have a single policy idea that was legitimate, that was her own, that came from her own mind.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think the answer is no. Everything that she talked about was consultant driven, was focus grouped, was nothing but bromides and platitudes. It was all nonsense. And then when she was when she was pressed on those ideas, I mean and by friendly reporters, friendly interviewers. Even in you know, even on the View where it was a total love fest, she couldn't she couldn't articulate a single idea that made any sense at all. And now apparently she's considering a center for policy and Ideas. You know, a few months ago it was, you know, Kamala Harris has signed up with a talent agency, and she's going to be doing speaking event and there's going to be a book and maybe she'll do all these great things. Well, none of that has happened. It maybe some of it will. I don't know, but apparently she is seriously and I saw a piece over the weekend where her and her husband are plotting their strategy for political comeback for her and for the life of me, I just do not see it. I see her popping up at an event here and there, and when you listen to her speak, it sounds like she is three sheets to the wind. So I don't know if I know she drinks. And I'm not here criticizing anyone who enjoys a glass of wine. I mean that, God knows, I enjoyed bourbon. I had my share of beers over the weekend, but for her to appear in public like that, that would be like me, Sean McMahon, would you would you be surprised if I came on this microphone, behind this microphone or the one down the hall and I was three sheets to the wind. I'd be stunned. Yeah, yeah, I would. He would be stunned. I appreciate that because that's not how I roll. And if I was in public life, I would not go to an event or speak at an event. And she has done this multiple times where it just looks like she is hammered, And if she's not hammered, then that's even more of an indictment on the way her mind works. But the New York Times put out a piece talking about how you know, they're still processing her defeat. They're trying to find out what went wrong. All they got to do is look at her performance, look at what she did, and again when it came to her ideas, the interview that she did with Brett bhar was an absolute disaster because Brett bear was not about smoking mirrors, not about the puffery, not about him. He wanted to bear down on the serious issues, and once she got past her memorized talking points, and she had nothing else to offer, And then her people had to step in after she was I believe ten to fifteen minutes late for that interview, they had to step in and get her out of there. They had to throw in a towel. One possibility establishing an institute for policy and ideas? What policy? What ideas? Maybe she has some now, but anything that comes from Kamala Harris, how can you believe that that came from her and from some political consultants. And then of course we had the spectacle a few days ago where we had this professor on MSNBC who was saying, well, you know, we didn't vote for Kamala Harris. This nation is not ready to blue vote for a black woman to be president. Well, what a bounch of crap. No, we you know, were when the left makes these arguments that were racist because we didn't vote for somebody, it shows that they're out of arguments, that they have no genuine ideas. And you can go right down the line of all the nutty and crazy ideas that she had, and that was reason enough. The color of her skin doesn't figure in one iota, not one bit. Five point twenty five we got to get to a little break here, and we were roll on five one, three, seven hundred Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas on this Monday morning, fifty five KRC, the talk stations.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC and iHeart radio station.
Speaker 1: I Heart Radio.
Speaker 6: Straight from the studio.
Speaker 2: Fifty five kr C the talk station, five point thirty on this Monday morning. Good morning, Dan Carroll and for Brian Thomas. And look at this we've already got We've already got our first caller of the day and it's Larry in Moscow, Ohio. And Larry, you're on fifty five KRC. How's it going, okay, Damn on my way to work? Man, Yes, sir, I wasna.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I'll just go tell you. I googled it when uh she first started running for president, Kamala and uh, how.
Speaker 3: To pronounce her name?
Speaker 7: They had a they asked her if she had an article out about it herself, and it's like the comma in a sentence, so they it's Kamala. I guess what how she pronoun us her name? And I noticed she was saying Kamala, So maybe you could research that, but I'm pretty sure it's it's like the sentence, Kama, it's Kamala and uh, that's all.
Speaker 8: That's really all I had.
Speaker 9: I wanted to start your day off right and uh and correct you and uh, but let you know that I love I love the show I love the show Man and uh, I'll listen.
Speaker 7: I listened every morning, and.
Speaker 10: Uh, you have a good day.
Speaker 2: Well, Larry, thank you very much for that. Larry wanted to start my day off right by giving me a slight correction. What what am I? I think I'm saying, Kamala Harris, right, and then and and and maybe maybe it's Kamala Kamala. I don't when all I know is that when I first knew of Kamala Harris, when, uh, the first time I knew of Kamala Harris is when Barack Obama was present, and she was the Attorney General of the state of California, and Barack Obama was in California for whatever event it was, and he said, and I'm paraphrasing here, but he said, without a doubt, Kamala Harris is the best looking attorney general in the United States of America. And that you know, at the event that got a lot of cat calls and a lot of hooping and hollering that kind of stuff. And I said, when when he said that, at that time, that's when I started looking at at Kamala Harris and who she was and and I made the comment, I said, that is going to get Barack Obama in trouble with women, because women are going to look at that, and they're going to look at her, and they're going to look at themselves and they're going to think, you know what, I don't look like her, and they're going to say, you know, this is uh, this is the kind of woman that catches Barack Obama's eyes. And if I don't look like that, well, you know, that kind of puts me out of the running. And and it's sure enough, it wasn't but a month maybe a month and a half. Two months after that, there was a poll came out and it showed that Barack Obama was losing ground with suburban women. And so I was right on that. But but that is when my my bigger point is is that is when the way I pronounced her name sort of got ingrained into the way I say it or into my memory. So if that's if I'm not pronouncing it correctly or up to the standards of some Well, then you're just gonna have to deal with that. But the piece that I was reading from when Fox News was talking about some of the uh, some of the Twitter reactions to this notion that Kamala Harris is going to have a think tank or an institute for policies and ideas, and one person said that the Babylon b couldn't have come up with a better headline. Matt Wicklock, who was I believe Matt Whitlock is a regular on the Glenn Beck Show. The Kamala Harrison Institute for Policy and Ideas sounds like the Babylon BEE or if the Kardashians opened to think tank. Uh. Doug Powers posted Kamala Harris Center for the unburdening of what has been should provide a bottomless well of material. Let's see if there's any more good ones here. Let's see. Let's see. Let's see. I can only imagine the type of deep thinkers that will be affiliated with this venture. So that's Kamala Harris taken a couple of shots on this notion that she wants to open a think tank for different ideas. What else do we have? I got I've got some audio coming up from Stephen Miller. I don't have time to play it right now, but I'm going to play that a little bit later. Steven Millery, the Deputy White House Chief of Staff, is just fantastic. And that's one of the things that I really like about the Trump administration is that if you look at the Sunday shows, he's got his people all over the Sunday shows and they're doing a great job of putting a consistent message out there. And I want to talk about a little bit later on and maybe in the next segment, but I'm hearing a lot of criticism of the Trump administration right now, a lot of criticism of DOGE. I think some of it not totally unwarned. But you know, I was looking at my calendar and I was thinking Trump got sworn into office. If I'm not mistaken, January twentieth of twenty twenty five. Today is April fourteenth. Taxes are due tomorrow. By the way, if you haven't done that yet, Sean McMahon, you got your taxes done, I do. He does good and you're good for you already already assigned, sealed, delivered. All that stuff got your return to your giant tax return and all that, just waiting for the Feds to send the check. Just send the check. Check is in the mail. But Trump got sworn into office on January twentieth, So I'm looking at my counter. January twentieth to February twentieth, that's one month. February twentieth to March twentieth, that's two months. Then March twentieth to April fourteenth. He hasn't even been in office three months yet. In already we're hearing all this criticism of the Trump administration because well, we don't have the results. You know, we don't have you know, we don't have lower taxes, we don't have lower food prices. We don't have you know, Doge hasn't done this, hasn't done that, all this stuff. He hasn't been an off office for three months. Yet. Look at the ship of the United States of America, and especially the economy of the United States of America. That is a as a ship. It doesn't get any bigger than that, and a big ships take a long time to turn around. And I think we're going in the right direction. But to sit there and criticize because you don't have the results yet that you want when it hasn't been three months. I don't know about you, but I'm not pressed. I'm not pressed to get to the bottom line of all these den I know I'm late for a break here, but I'm not pressed to get to the bottom line of all these different issues. And if you look at what is happening, I mean, there are hundreds of balls that are being juggled in the air right now. Can we please just have a little bit of time to let some of these things settle out and filter out? Five point thirty seven. I'm late for a break, Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas. I'm fifty five krc the E Talk station.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Do you have a mass of irs five on this Monday morning? Dan Carroll and for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRCV Talk Station five one, three seven, fifty five hundred and I was talking about lots of balls being up in the air with this administration. I mean, I've got stories here today on oil prices, I've got stories on the Panama Canal. I've got stories on what dog is finding the I mean, the things that Doge is finding continue to be just unbelievable. What about this one tariff talks. Trump Advisor reports one hundred and thirty countries are now seeking a deal. Number of countries that made contact with the United States since President Trump unveiled the Liberation Day tariffs has more than doubled over the past week. Kevin Hassett was on the Sunday talk shows on CNN with Jake Tapper and he was talking about this. So last week, right after the announcement about the terariffs, more than fifty countries reached out to the Biden administration. Then a day or two later it bumped up to seventy countries. Then Trump announced the ninety day pause on the tariffs, and that cut or put a hold on the ten percent rate that was going to cover most of the countries around the world. China went to more than one hundred percent though, And now they're saying that it's one hundred thirty countries that have responded and the Trump administration is negotiating with one hundred thirty different Think about that, one hundred thirty different countries right now looking to make trade deals with every single one of them. I don't know how you can look at that and then come to the conclusion that these things aren't going to work. And I'm working on getting a couple of good guests this week to talk about the tariffs, so I don't have anyone really today. Maybe Papas can talk about it a little bit, but maybe Chris Mother. He's a smart guy, he's a financial guy. But when you just look at what is happening in terms of the countries that want to negotiate and don't want to be on the wrong side of this, it's one hundred and thirty different countries and they're working with every single one of them. And I saw a great piece over the weekend that was talking about how we really when you look at everything in totality, when you add everything up, that the United States really has the upper hand on this when it comes to dealing with China. I mean short term, I can I can also see the argument how the outlook sucks. I can see the argument about how this is not going to be good. But when you look when you take a more long term view of it, I think you can see some of the you know, the way the wheels are turning, the way the gears are grinding right now that this thing is going to have a positive outcome. And again, not even three months in office yet, so we just got to give it a little breathing room. I know it's hard, give it a little breathing room. And if this thing doesn't work, well, then I'll be here to say, I guess I'll be here to I'm not, and I don't. I don't think I've said one time yet that I'm one hundred percent sure that this thing is going to work, but that I'm just looking at the things that are in motion right now, and the way I see it looks like those things are going in the right direction. You got to get to a break here. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC, the talk station fifty five KRC, the talk station Claremont County Veterans. You'r DD two four fifty five KRC, the talk station five point fifty on this Monday morning. Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas. Glad to be here, Glad you are here as well, the great audience of Brian Thomas. Always my pleasure to be here talking with you. Five one three seven fifty five hundred. Donald Trump has had his annual physical. He was talking to reporters on board Air Force one after his exam at Walter Reed and uh, it turns out he's the most fit president ever to occupy the Oval Office. How about that, Sean mcmahn. Not surprising at all, isn't it? He said? Is physical went well? He says, I've I felt I was in very good shape, good heart, good soul. I didn't know seul was something they could check during the course of a physical, but apparently in Trump's case, he's got a good passing grade on that. Says, I wanted to be a little different than Biden. I took a cognitive test, and I don't know what to tell you other than I got every answer right I've never had. I've never taken a cognitive test, and I don't know how. I don't know how those things go, but apparently Trump got them all right. What does it mean to be a Democrat today? Great piece by Eric got an American thinker, and he writes, let's think about that. To be a Democrat today, you must support vandalism of tesla in cities. You must support government waste, fraud, corruption, inefficiency, and abuse of taxpayers. You support theft and crime, whether committed by illegal aliens or homegrown citizens. You support torture, abortion, murder, assassination, assisted suicide, euthanasia, genital mutilation of children. And he in parentheses he talks about when you talk about torture, he says a moss abortion, planned parenthood, a murder of Luigi Mangioni, a general mutilation, gender affirming care, and he's not wrong on any of those. Moreover, you somehow believe that illegals, non citizens, and criminals should have more rights than your fellow law abiding citizens. You are vehemently against securing the borders. You approve of open borders and all that entails. You are effectively, or you effectively, believe that the LGBT community has more rights than hetero sexuals and the Muslims have more rights than Christians. You believe there is no systemic, substantive, moral or ethical difference between the United States and communist China. In fact, if you believe that Trump is a bigger threat to democracy than China's president, the Chairman Jijingping, you are loath to punish China for any of its myriad acts of deliberately detrimental that are deliberately detrimental to the United States. You believe that only white men are bright enough to figure out how to obtain a valid ID suitable for voting, or write a check, board a plane, purchase beer, drive a car, etc. Etc. Yet you claim to hate racism even while saying that white people are inherently racist because of their race. You claim invasive species are existential threats to our native ecosystem, but that undocumented immigrants are a boon to the economy in the way of life, because diversity is always good. What else does it mean to be a Democrat today? It means you must embrace projection, gas lighting, obfuscation, hypocrisy, and flat outline, it means you despise the truth. This is a staggering litany of stunningly damaging ideas and behaviors. Nonetheless, if you fervently support all of these unconstitutional, criminal and evil beliefs and actions, you still get roughly one third of the country to support you, and maybe more and increasingly violently, so remarkable and revolting. Ultimately, this means that you, not Trump and his supporters, are an existential threat to the Republic, which, when you get right down to it, might be the whole point. This should be the defining issue of our time, should it not? And I say Eric Utter makes a pretty good case there, all these things, all these beliefs are being exhibited by the left and by Democrats today, and when you talk about the left, I don't think there's any real separation from Democrats, even main street Democrats. Maybe a few individual cases, but by and large, I don't know how you can really argue with that. If you'd like to five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, it's Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas on fifty five KRC the talk station fifty five KRC de talk station, Little van Halen rolling out on this Monday morning, Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas. So glad to be here. Glad you are here as well. Joe Trekker taking the week off too, So Sean McMahon is running the big board. I'm here Monday through Thursday. Then maybe I don't know. I don't know who's in on Friday. Kevin Gordon's in on Friday, or old buddy Kevin Gordon. Always loved talking to him. Maybe I'll have him on as a guest. Maybe maybe one of these days this week, Kevin Gordon and I we we start talking, man, we just it just goes on and on and on. But good stuff. So it's gonna be a big It's a big week for me. Always glad to be here with the great Brian Thomas audience. What do we have going on the first hour? I complained a lot about people who are jumping the gun. We just can't wait for all this, uh, you know, can't wait for results. Gotta have results right now, results, results, results, Just can we please just give it a little time. Haven't even been in month three office yet, or office three months yet, Pete, Pete heck Seth has been busy. He uh publicly firmed America's recognition of Panama sovereignty over the Panama Canal. Let's see, despite President Trump's repeated assertions the US would reclaim the strategic waterway, and we certainly respect the sovereignty of Panamanians, I said before he left Panama for Washington. So that is a probably a touchy diplomatic situation. And heg Seth is working to get the Panama Canal. Who knows what's going to happen there, but there's no doubt that China is on notice that and Panama's unnotice that we want something to happen there. So what's going to happen again? And I talked about all these different balls that were up in the air. This is one of them. What's going to happen with the Panama Canal. I know one of the things that is going on is there's been some firings and this is this is something that needs to happen. Colonel Susannah Myers has been fired. Susannah Myers was the officer in charge of the US Space Force Base in Greenland, stripped of her command after she sent out a mass email that distanced herself from statements by President J. D. Vance and the Trump administration after his visit last month. Commanders are expected to adhere to the highest standards of conduct, especially as it relates to remaining nonpartisan in the performance of their duties. The Space Command statement read. Myers assumed control of the eight to twenty first Space Based Group in July of twenty four, fired off a message to troops in her command stating that the views discussed by Vance during his visit are not reflective of Patufic Space Base. Petufic pu Ffik the Patufic Space Base. I spent the weekend thinking about Friday's visit, the actions taken, the word spoken, and how it must have affected each of you, she wrote to her subordinates. I do not presume to understand current politics, but what I do know is the concerns of the US administration discussed by the Vice President on Friday are not reflective of the Patufic Space Base. I commit that for as long as I'm lucky enough to lead this base, all of our flags will proudly fly together. Well, you know what, she wasn't in charge very long after that, and I say, good, you can't have this kind of stuff going on in the military. A total of six hundred and fifty men and women, including civilian contractors, from Greenland, Denmark, and Canada, live and work at the Patufic Space Base. Actions to undermine the chain of command or subvert President Trump's agenda will not be tolerated at the Department of Defense. Set Assistant Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs Sean Parnell Vance Press Secretary Taylor van Kirk said the Vice President Vance is grateful for his visit to the base and for the opportunity to have our brave servicemen and women a station there. President Trump has made his vision for an enhanced security footprint in the Arctic the Arctic abundantly clear, and the Vice President is committed to implementing the President's agenda. This includes strengthening the partnership and cooperation between the United States and Greenland, which is critical for both America American national security and the safety of our partners worldwide. And if this base commander can't get on board with that, well, guess what it's time to go. And Kurt Slickter has written a really great piece on this and talking on in town hall dot com, and of course he is I think he's still a colonel in the reserves right now, and he talks about the Space Force colonel in command of Greenland, formerly in command of Greenland, who ran her full mouth to undermine her commander in chief, demonstrates to an all common and all too common problem with today's senior military officers. We keep seeing these passive, aggressive and mostly not so passively aggressive officers acting out and throwing childish tantrums of resistance to the president. And that the people of the United States elected it's inconceivable to those of us from the military who won the Cold War. We stayed the hell out of politics. Somehow they must have missed that civilian control, block of instruction. Nonpartisanship is a vital principle to our officer corps. To be political on duty is a violation of our oaths, it's a violation of our ethos as an officer, and it's got to be brutally crushed. Even Barack Obama understood that when he properly can General Stanley McCrystal for having a staff that thought it was okay to diss the president the reporters, So that you know, this firing of these officers is nothing new, and it shouldn't be anything new, and it should happen with regulation, and it has happened with regularity under the Trumpster and Pete Hegseth. The fact that you're a senior leader, even when you are in a command position, does not mean make you the main character, save that for the personal psychodrama that is your life. Call it servant leadership or just plain leadership. But you never leverage the authority you've been entrusted with to pose posture or pontificate. That's because your rank does not belong to you. And he talks about how he had the rank of colonel, but he talked about how that rank was on loan from the American people. Your politics don't matter when you're a military leader at all. Politics have no place in the military none. But apparently some officers these days think that there is a Trump exception to their duty as officers to be a political just as there appears to be a Trump exception for every rule, regulation, norm and standard in our society and government. They are wrong and utterly bass conception of their duties as leaders as poisonous to the organization. If you aren't loyal to the commander in chief, then who are you loyal to your own personal conception of right and wrong. Well, if that's true, then soldier, you're in the wrong career field. There are a wide range of jobs where you can do and freely share your thoughts about our political leadership and its policies, but being a military leader is not one of them. And he goes on to sort of give some examples like that, or of that. He says, some are clowns, like permanent election loser Ami McGrath, who embarrassed herself even more than usual by supporting this despicable lack of support for the civilian chain of command. General Barry McCain effort, he tweeted, responsible Air Force commander true to her oath of office, he says, it's heartbreaking, but McCafferty is eighty two solid Democrat for Clinton appoint you whose ex timeline betrays his full blown trumped arrangement syndrome. Yeah, so they you know, these examples creeping up in the military, these different leaders who was he had the one gal that wouldn't hang up the it's you know, so petty that she wouldn't hang up the photos of Trump and heg seth and she got fired, And I say, good, get him out of there. Politics has no place when you're when you when you're in a position like that to lead troops and you think you know better than the president, the commander in chief and the chain of command, it's nice time for you to go. If you can't put that aside and do your duty, it's definitely time for you to go. And for too long, it's gone all the way up to those who are even right next to the president and that's how we largely a large part of it is how we find ourselves in the position that we're in today. Six fifteen. We got to get to a break five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred Dan Carol for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: The talk station, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Monday morning on fifty five KRC, one day before your taxes are due. If you haven't got it done yet, you gotta get that done. I put myself on lockdown last week so I could I can get mine done. And uh, we'll be finishing that up here probably today. I've got just a few clicks left and I will be finished. I'll be finished with mine and I'll be able to not think about it for another year. Always I always tell myself, I'm not going to do to wait until the last minute, But I always do. I don't know why, but I always do. What do we have going on? What's going on? Gus of economic news? Rising deficits continue to set records, which is not good. The nation's deficits so far in fiscal twenty five set a record. As the House GOP moves forward with its budget reconciliation bill, which includes more than five trillion in tax cuts and protected and projected economic growth that would cover only about sixteen percent of its cost. And that's I think that's the thing that Trump is relying on more than anything else, is economic growth. And I think there's a lot of indicators out there that that that growth is coming our way. But you know, it takes a while to get that ball rolling two. Takes a lot of effort to get that train rolling down the track. And I think, you know, that was started happening during the first administration. But when when Biden comes in and it does all the crazy economic things that he did, well, that just puts a big, you know, throws a big old ranch into that. According to the latest Treasury data released on Thursday, the deficit has hit one point three trillion for the first six months of the fiscal year, about one hundred and forty billion more than the same time frame of the previous fiscal year. So we just continue to spend way, way, way too much money. One point three trillion dollar figure represents the second largest six month deficit on record. Budget resolution that the Republican House let the public Republican Ledhouse set in motion on Thursday carries a hefty priced egg, and economic growth alone won't cover the cost of the tax cuts and the benefit package. Conservatives and Congress are calling for spending cuts far above the amounts outlined in the resolution. According to the Tax Foundation, if the resolution is passed and signed into law, extending the expiring twenty seventeen Tax Cuts and Job Act would decrease federal revenue tax revenues by four point five trillion from twenty twenty five through twenty thirty four. So that is a nine year long forecast. I would have to and I hope there's someone that does this, and I would imagine with AI that this can be this could be done. Maybe not that I don't know that much about any Sean mcmannon, you know anything about AI. Do you've done anything with that yet? Not really, not really me either, But I would imagine with AI, you could go back and look at that and look at these projections by the White House Budget Office, you know, Congressional Budget Service, all these different organizations whose job it is to forecast these things and to you know, examine different policies and the rest of that and then say what the outcomes are likely to be in a you know, an economic sense. I would imagine you go back and look at those works and see and see how right they are, and see where the flaws and the analysis are. But this one's talking about, you know this that that if these tax cuts, the Trump tax cuts, stick around from twenty seventeen, that revenue is going to be decreased by four point five trillion. And in so many times when these tax cuts have taken place, the resulting economic activity has actually boosted money that's gone into the treasury. But every time that money gets boosted well and wean, it winds up getting spent again. And that's it. That in, you know, is wherein lies the problem. Not only do we spend that money, we spend well above that figure too. For far too long now. The GOP comressional leaders have said the final package is going to include more than four billion in spending reductions. We will see about that, but the spending reductions needs to get up to the hundreds of billions and maybe even beginning with a te a trillion to really start making any difference. So we'll see what happens with that. I mean, there's all kinds of economic, great economic activity out there on the horizon. But again, it takes a while to get that ball rolling. And I don't know if all that sort of stuff has been included in this analysis, but maybe one of these days we'll find out. Five twenty five, five twenty five, six twenty five. On this Monday morning, Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC, DE Talk.
Speaker 1: Station fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Are you looking? Six thirty on this Monday morning? I guess this is going to be a Van Halen kind of day. Jess Strucker always rolls out to the Van Halen. We don't have to do it every single break there. Sean McMahon, you know, top of top of the Houra. I know you weld. I love Van hall I can listen to it all day, but you know we don't want to. We don't want to wear it out. So but you know what, that's your call, brother, that's your call. I don't you know. I'll stay I'll stay in my lane and we'll see what happens. How about a little local news. How about a little local news? Uh, three shootings in five and a five hour span overnight. I believe this is the span from Saturday night into Sunday. So It's busy night for since a law enforcement according to Channel five, started just before ten steps away from the University of Cincinnati's campus, where a man was killed another hospitalized. After that shooting on Short Vine, a fifteen year old arrested in connection with that shooting. Just before midnight, police were called to Newfield Avenue in response to another shooting. They found a victim on the scene with a gunshot wound. That person taken to UC non life threatening injuries. Springfield Township police went to Hamilton Avenue north of Adams Road about two thirty in the morning. This was yesterday morning. Person shot in the lake. There so far too many shootings going on in and around the city of Cincinnati, and this one with the fifteen year old who was charged in that just terrific. And it was a day later yesterday. The family got together to remember that young man's life. Kyle Merrick m I r ic K suffered a gunshot wound just twenty five years old on Short Vine. Taken to the hospital, but he died from his injuries. A fifteen year old fifteen years old arrested in charge with the murder. They gathered at Clifford Park last night in Colrane Township. More than fifty family and friends came together released balloons in his honor. He makes everybody laugh, lights up the room, said Bryant Merrick. His father just a wonderful guy, loved the Lord, loves his family. He always said God's got me. One of eleven children. The father told Local twelve news that his son worked two jobs. The father of two kids pretty big on social media, said he does TikTok famous, so he's famous on TikTokers. His father said, just wanted to make everybody laugh. Wanted to get out there on his YouTube. That was his main goal, build up his YouTube. His sister said Jakekeisha McDonald didn't know Kyle or his family, but said she witnessed the shooting. I was just in the car listening to music. Once I heard all the shots ring out, I turned the music off, hopped out of the car. Didn't know where the shots were coming out we're coming from. So once I hopped out, and I says, I seen her brother running down the street holding his chest and like him taking his literally seeing him take his last breath. And it's just our fifty to fifteen year old charging that murder on short Vine just horrific. Oh what else? What else? What else? Harrison Township four thousand people lived there and no longer going to get full police protection. Sheriff's office notified Harrison Township that it will only respond to non emergencies there. Harrison Townships in the far western part of Hamilton County, right on the end of Indiana border. Sheriff's Office has provided service patrols there since twenty eleven without compensation, but that all came to an end last week. Roads are a problem, Traffic is a mess. Is traffic really a mess in Harrison Township? That's what some of the locals are saying. That's all, but the regular Sheriff's patrols there are a thing of the past. Township got a letter from the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office says there were no longer be patrols or written tickets or ticket writing. Deputies will no longer respond to theft, criminal damaging, other non emergency calls unless the crime is in progress. There's a if there's an injury wrecked, they'll go to that. A homicide, they'll go to that. People in Harrison Township pretty much on their own. Tom Low's Cap says of the Harrison Township Board of Trustees, we just don't have the money. How can you pay for something that you don't have. They don't have the money. Township could not afford to sign a contract with the sheriff's office would have cost forty grand a year for the next two years, more than double that in twenty twenty seven. So Harrison town no more, no more full time police protection. So please don't commit crimes there. That's please all criminals, please stay out of Harrison Township. Please. They need a break. That doesn't strike me as a high crime area to begin with. And I don't know the announcing that you're not going to have regular sheriff's patrolser anymore really that creative a thing. But it's in the news and I'm talking about it. It is six point thirty six. I'm a little late for a break. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas on fifty five krc DE talk station.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Are you a business Owner?
Speaker 2: D nine first running forecast from Jennifer ketch Mark. Mostly cloudy today, some scattered storms this afternoon, wrapping up around six tonight. Today's I seventy three. It'll be clear and a little bit cooler over night. The every night low forty four. Then tomorrow partly cloudy and not as warm. Tomorrow's HI fifty six, but we're back up into the sixties on Wednesday under partly cloudy skies. It is sixty five at fifty make that sixty four at fifty five krc DE talk station from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 4: The UC Cancer Center offers the latest research base and holwood stick approaches to head and neck cancer called five eighty five U SEC see highways. Not bad at all for your Monday morning to mute. And I'm not seeing any major time delays to deal with ASM yet. Just beginning to build a bit southbound two seventy five approaching the Carroll Cropper Bridge. But that's not going to cost you a whole lot of extra time, Chuck Ingram on fifty five kr scene the talk station.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRCD talk station six forty one. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred. DOGE continues to come out with just a jaw dropping information. On Sunday, they revealed that illegal immigrants with criminal or terrorist records received public health benefits under performer President Biden. Under the Biden administration, it was routine for border patrol to admit aliens into the United States with no legal status and minimal screening. So far, CPB identified a subset of six point three thousand individuals parolled into the United States since twenty twenty three on the FBI's Terrorist Screening Center watch list or with criminal records. Six thousand more than six thousand individuals coming in to the United States who were one on a terrorist watch list or two I had criminal records. These parole leagues have since been terminated, or these paroles, I should say, have since been terminated with immediate effect. Right a DOGE post. Despite having no other legal status, paroled aliens are able to file for work authorization and receive Social Security numbers. The agency added a DOGE found that of that group, six three hundred illegals nine hundred and five collecting medicaid, including four on the terror watch list. See this is the kind of stuff that I think bugs me more than anything else. Got all these illegals coming in. The Biden administration just waved them through and then they immediately start collecting government assistants in one form or another. So you got even ones who were on the terror watch list. Oh you're on there. Here you go have some free you have some free medical care. Here's some walking around money. We know you're a terrorist or impossible terrorist, but that's okay by us. You know, I said, I read that piece earlier talking about it. If you're a Democrat these days, this is the kind of stuff that you have to believe in. Two hundred and seventy six thousand dollars would paid out forty one collecting unemployment insurance, receiving forty two thousand dollars in benefits, twenty two receive federal student loans. Student loans. That's fantastic. So you can be a criminal, an illegal alien, on the terror watch list, and by god, if you want money to go to school, we're here to give it to you. That is just fantastic. Four hundred and nine of these individuals received tax refunds. Yeah, and that that cost us seven hundred and fifty one thousand dollars. And then they talk about the food stamps, the snap benefits, and that part is to be determined. Uh, Steven Miller was on talking about this, and you know, I don't have time to play that cut right now. We'll do that after the after the next news and traffic update, not right, not news, but the weather and traffic update coming up here in just a couple of minutes. There is also a new narrative that is starting to emerge amongst those on the left when it comes to you know, one of the things that Trump wants to do with the tariffs is get companies to start making things in the United States again, right maybe all you know, all those jobs that are overseas and those factories over there people are working. He wants that to happen here. But there's a new narrative now on the left talking about how well you know you gonna have those factories move back in here. And I guess those jobs, just those sorts of jobs just aren't satisfactory to those on the left. And so we'll get into that a little bit later. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC, the.
Speaker 1: Talk station fifty five KRC. When divorce places your home.
Speaker 2: I had a good Monday morning to you. Once again, It's Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas. Six point fifty on this Monday morning. I hope you had a great weekend, had fun watching the Masters over the weekend, participating in a little event that we had in the neighborhood, and brought the trophy home. I brought home the hardware. Sean McMahon, you gotta love that a win, A win is a win, as I always.
Speaker 10: Like to say.
Speaker 2: Uh, Doge was talking about I was talking about Doge the last segment talking about all the illegals that came in and you know, the ones on the terror watch list, the criminals and so forth, getting all the government all the government benefits.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: Stephen Miller was talking about the illegals and and why they came in and really confirming what I had been saying about this whole notion, this whole idea of allowing so many to cross the illegally into our country the entire time. And Steven Miller was laying this out over the weekend. Sean McMahon, can we hear cutting number two please? And it was by design. That's their that's their belief.
Speaker 11: It is is absolutely by design. You've summarized it for your audience perfectly, Sean.
Speaker 2: This was not a loophole.
Speaker 11: The Biden administration Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Majorkis devised a scheme to fly illegal aliens into the country and then to escort them in mass across the board by the millions, and to give them something known as parole, which gives them a work permit, which gives them which gives them a Social Security number, which gives them access to the voting booth. This was the plan all along to get them here illegally so they can get free government benefits, get hooked to welfare, and be able to participate in American elections. This was an attack on democracy by the Democrat Party. It's the same attack that we see Sean when you have California, a sanctuary state that is refusing to turn over even illegal alien criminals and gang members to ICE. So these are illegal aliens in California who have been arrested by California police, by California law enforcement for serious crimes, for crimes against children, for felonies, for crimes that threatn pup look safety, and they are refusing to hand these criminal illegal aliens over to ICE. Instead, they're freeing them back into the cities to offend and offend again. By any definition, what California is doing is criminal.
Speaker 2: It is a violation of our laws.
Speaker 11: It is one of the most heinous things that I have seen in my entire life in Washington.
Speaker 2: So there's Stephen Miller, and I sort of have a policy on my radio shows that whenever I get a chance to play his soundbites, I'm going to do that. I have one going to I'll play a little bit later another one and talking about the tariffs, and they the information that is really wrongly being reported about the moves that Trump made over the weekend.
Speaker 3: But this.
Speaker 2: Appearance by Stephen Miller is part of a larger effort by the Trump administration to combat another phony narrative that is being pushed out there that all these deportations are rounding up individuals who, for one reason or another, don't really deserve to be kicked out of the country. And Marco Rubio wrote a great piece, a great op ed about this. As a Secretary of State, and he starts this way, visiting America is not an entitlement. It is a privilege extended to those who respect our laws and values. As Secretary of State, I will never forget that US law lays out clear rules about who can and cannot come to the United States. The State Department consular offices. Our officers are required to apply these rules in each of the millions of these applications around the world each year. Under the Immigration and Nationality Act, aliens who endorse or espouse terrorist activity, or persuade others to endorse or expouse terrorist activity, or support a terrorist organization such as AMAS, are ineligible for a US visa. What's more, the INA gives broad authority to revoke a visa. This authority is fundamental to safeguarding our national security, as well as protecting Americans and lawful visitors within our borders. The Trump Administration's commitment to security and the enforcement of our immigration laws is unprecedented and unwavering. We expect, and the law requires all visa holders to demonstrate their eligibility every day their visa is valid. This includes respecting our laws, behaving appropriately according to their visa type, and continuing to meet these standards throughout their stay in our country. The US visa holders should know in no uncertain terms that the US government's rigorous security vetting does not end once a visa is granted. And there's more on this, but I got to get to a break. But this is why I like Mark Arrubio. This is to my way of thinking, explaining this in the clearest way possible. But yet Democrats and our friends on the left will have you believe that all these kicking out of illegal aliens in our country is somehow wrong and the due process rights of these individuals is not being upheld. And I tend to disagree with that, and I think Mark Rubio is right on the money. Six fifty five Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRCV Talk Station, fifty five R talk station, Good morning, seven o five on this Monday morning, April fourteenth, one day away from tax Day. And then that got that great what you want to be reminded of? First thing this morning. It's Dan Carolyn for Brian Thomas. Glad to be here. Glad you are here as well. Phone lines are open. Five one, three, seven, nine, fifty five hundred. At the at the end of the last hour, I was talking about Marco Rubio, Secretary of State, who wrote just a very powerful hoped for Fox News and it's entitled why making America Safer Means revoking VISUS when threats arise, and Marco Rubio makes a great point talking about visiting America is not an entitlement, it is a privilege, and if you violate the sanctity of that privilege, well then we have every right to kick your sorry ass out of here. Sorry. That's uh. That that that's the bottom line. And you know, we see all this handwringing, all these different individuals on uh, you know, on on TV, and it is increasing in regularity, mostly because this one dude, this dude at Columbia University, Mahmoud Khalil, who was an agitator at Columbia University, is now facing deportation. And you got all these judges saying, oh, you got to bring him back, you can't kick him out. All this other stuff. Well, Marco Rubio is making the case that you know, just because you have a visa doesn't mean that that you're somehow special. And he talks about a US visa holder should know and no on certain terms, that the government is rigorous and uh when in its security vetting, and that that does not end once the visa is granted. Working together with Department of Homeland Security and other law enforcement agencies. We continuously monitor and review these cases. The vigilance is essential because circumstances can and do change. For example, visas may be revoked if the visa holder has engaged in violent crime or drunk driving, supporting terrorism, overstaying the time permitted for their visa, performing illegal work, or anything else to violate the terms of which we granted them this privilege or compromises the safety of our fellow Americans. When information about such activities comes to the Department's attention, our expert staff review it and assess it and whether revocation is appropriate. Recent events have underscored why our commitment to enforcing THENA and protecting public safety is particularly vital. Today, there are over one point one million four instancedents in the United States, including at our nation's most elite universities. In the aftermath of October seventh, twenty twenty three, terrorist attack against Israel, some of these foreign student visitors engaged in anti Semitic activities and intimidation of Americans, many who happen to be of the Jewish faith. These foreigners shut down college campuses for American citizens, harassed Jewish students, blocked hallways, blocked highways and storm buildings. The Trump administration is committed to taking the necessary steps to stop these activities at American universities. As Secretary of State, I will continue exercising my authority to support President Trump's zero tolerance approach to foreign nationals who abet terrorist organizations or participate in activities that threaten our national security, your compromise a compelling foreign policy interest. The Supreme Court has made clear for decades that visa holders or other aliens cannot use the First Amendment to shield otherwise impermissionable actions taken to support designated foreign terrorist organizations like AMAST, Hezbollah, or the Hoodies, or violate other US laws. They will continue to face consequences, including visa denial, revocation, or deportation. And last week I was talking with Todd Bensman of the Center for Immigration Studies, and he wrote a piece about how some of these people on the border or on the border that there are judges who are hearing these cases and many of these individuals are coming who are in the country illegally, and you know, here we're talking about visa holders, but he was talking about people who are here illegally and they're going before a judge, and many times they'll do a month or three months in the United States facility, then they'll be shipped from to back, you know, wherever they came from. And so you know, we again we have all these talking heads on TV trying to tell us how that this Trump administration is out of control and depriving these people of their their due process rights. Well, I mean listen to what Marco Rubio is saying. Then doesn't work that way. You know, you when you get a visa to come into our country, you understand the terms under which that visa is granted, and you violate those terms, well we are perfectly at least the Secretary of State is within his authority to kick you out, and he sums it up like this. My first responsibility is to keep the American public safe. While I am Secretary, we will never hesitate to act decisively and in close coordination with our US government partners when information indicates a visa holder could compromise our security, has violated the US law, or visa revocation is otherwise warranted. US visas are a privilege rather than a right, reserved for those who make the United States better, not seek to destroy it. From the inside. And I don't really don't know how you can say it any better than that. And Marco Rubio, to my way of thinking, is doing a great job. I want to play this cut by I've got to cut here from John Carl of ABC News, who is on with Howard Lutnik of the Trump administration this weekend. And again this goes back to the tariffs and Trump wanting to bring manufacturing back to the United States. Well, now all of a sudden, the narrative is coming out that, you know what, some of those jobs may not be that great. And here's how John Carl put it to Lutnik over the weekend on ABC News, and this is cut number cut number one.
Speaker 12: The President also said there's going to be a transition cost, transition problems. I mean, we are going to see higher prices in America's real. It's like you can open a factory tomorrow to build iPhones or to make sneakers shoes. I mean, we buy a lot of shoes in this country. Ninety nine percent of them are made elsewhere. I mean, you are we going to become a nation of cobblers again, I mean, what this is going to mean? Higher prices isn't it.
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 2: John Carl is upset that, according to him, the kind of factories that are going to come back to the United States are going to be shoe factories or maybe you think, you know, you make an iPhone a cell phone, and really aren't those sorts of jobs? John Carl beneath the American people, and did he stop to think for one second that there might be a good number of people in the United States that a job like that would be would be fantastic. I don't know how much those jobs are going to pay, but I think we have a lot of people that could fill those jobs. Are we going to be a come a nation of cobblers people who put shoes together? How belittling is that? How I mean, how arrogant, how condescending? And this has been part and parcel of what the media has always been when it comes to issues like this. They are losing this argument on the merits, and now they want to turn it to this notion that, well, you know, these factories might be coming back, these jobs might be coming back to the United States, but they're really they're not that great a jobs. They're just not you know, we all can't be network news anchors like this guy, Bobby Jay, what say you?
Speaker 3: Good morning, my brother, Happy Monday to you.
Speaker 2: Happy Monday man. How are you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm doing well, my friend. I've got a few things to talk about the border and some things that people aren't really aware of.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: On January the twenty, the first day our president came into office, he went ahead to the Department of Defense National Security Council to go ahead and give them a ninety day window to see if there's enough issues and problems for them to go ahead and have the eighteen oh seven insurrection acting place. It's coming up the twentieth of this month, sometime after Easter, we will do it. And sometime after it's one hundredth day. And give you another example, Friday, they went ahead and assumed sixty foot back from that wall will be a military installation for about thousand miles, and any on the federal reserves, the Roosevelt for example, there, we'll go ahead and put their military bases there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got I've got to actually I was going to get to that a little bit later on about how Trump has made this move to put the military along the border. Yeah, and on the southern border board.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's what they will end up doing, sixty foot back of the wall. That way, anybody that steps in that area will be on a federal installation which will be charged for that. Also.
Speaker 2: Well, it's this is the this is a move by the Trump administration, and it may seem a little bit drastic, but you gotta you gotta secure that border. And the border has largely been secured, although I think we're still getting about about seven I think the number is right is between like four thousand and seven thousand a month over the last couple of months. To my way of thinking, that's still too many. And you got to, you know, you got to take steps to get that down. But Bobby, we got about give me, give me about one more minute, and then we got to.
Speaker 3: Run one thing. Also, they talk about the jobs and everything and and the companies and things are becoming this country. It's going to be a preview to war. We have no manufacturing base at all of this country. And we got to get the facilities in place of buildings and all the utilities and everything for those buildings to go ahead and be prepared for it because it is coming.
Speaker 2: Well, I I hope, I hope you think you're wrong about that. I hope you're wrong about that, because war is never a good thing, and I think war is the absolute last thing that Trump really wants. So let's hope that prediction doesn't come true. We on the same page.
Speaker 3: Here, Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: Bobby. I appreciate you listening, and I always appreciate the call man. Thank you very much, and we got to run. We got it a little late. For a break. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, Chris Smithman. The smither Vent is coming up on fifty five KRC, the Talk Station.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas. Fifty five KRS the Talk Station.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of the great things I always look forward to whenever I get to sit in for Brian Thomas, especially on a Monday, is this segment right here where Chris Smithman joins us and we have we like to call the smither Vent. And Chris Smitherman, welcome again to fifty five KRC. I hope you had a great weekend.
Speaker 8: I did, Dan, thank you so much. My my grandson came to visit with his beautiful parents, Christopher and my Bill and he's five months old, and it was just a great opportunity to spend some.
Speaker 7: Time with him.
Speaker 3: So had I had.
Speaker 8: I had a great weekend. I'll have to send you a picture after the after the show. So let me tell you. Let me tell you, Dan Carroll, I want to establish some common sense things in this first segment. Send me some things that I know that I know are going to be obvious, but I think they need to go out over the airways.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 8: Number one is that China, China, China, their government is the political enemy of the United States of America period. They want to dominate the world, and they view the United States of America as in their way. I'm a person that shops at Lawmart, our Target, our Costco, our Sam's Club, and I think over the last thirty years, when I look at products, it says made in China. Okay. And so this notion that all of a sudden people are saying that the United States is being aggressive towards China as it relates to tariff, It's not. China has been aggressive towards the United States with their tariffs for the last thirty or forty years and making it very difficult. Dan Carroll for the United States companies to do business in China. So far, I think I'm one hundred percent on everything I've just said. This is not about the Chinese people. Meaning when I say the Chinese government, I'm being very specific, the Chinese government, not Chinese Americans that are living in our countries who are patriots of the United States of America. I'm talking about the Chinese government wants to dominate us. That is why they have warships, It's why they're buzzing over Taiwan. And they were punking out President Biden, and they just found out that there's a new sheriff in town. His name is President Donald Trump, and he's saying, listen, I'm not going to allow you to continue to treat American goods and services poorly. If you want to do business in America and you want to charge our American company's tariffs, We're gonna have reciprocal tariffs for you.
Speaker 3: So far, it all.
Speaker 8: Makes common sense to me. And so I've been watching the news over the weekend, and I've listened to all these globalists who seem to be advocating and cheerleading for China. Meanie, I'm sitting there going. Man, we're really concerned about charge and what's going on with the Chinese manufacturing there. What is their middle class gonna do. That's what President Trump ran on. He said, Look, I've been going through places like West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and basically i'm those that there's three examples, and I'm seeing towns that have just blown apart because they don't have the same manufacturing infrastructure that they had thirty or forty years ago. I wonder why, because the global is said to our country that if you just open up our borders, you do what they call free trades, that the middle class is going to be Okay, that's not what happened. All of our jobs were shipped over to China, Nike being one of those companies with sweatshops over there, and then they bring their products back to the United States without tariffs. So they set up shop around the world, whether it's Taiwan, whether it's Vietnam, whether it's China. They put all of their manufacturing their Dan Carroll and then they bring their products back here and they've left out the middle class, the people that used to be able to make enough money to buy a house. Then their children to college, right, have a decent retirement. They don't want to live off the government. They're not here saying, man, I'm trying to get on food stamps. I want you to subsidize my apartments. These are hard working men and women who want to get up every day and go to work in their country, and they deserve that dignity. That is what is at stake right now, Dan Carroll, as we go into what I consider a short term fight for a long term game.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know what I want to get into that. I want to explore that a little bit more of you Christman, because are Chris Smithman? Because I think you're right on the money with all of this. And you know, there are so many now who are expressing this expectation and this frustration that none of this has come to fruition yet. And I was talking about that this morning. I look at my calendar. Donald Trump hasn't been in office for three months yet, and already we're expecting or supposed to have results, tangible results for all these things that are going on. And somehow this is equating to a failure on behalf of this administration because the results aren't in yet. But Chris Smitheman stay right there. We'll do a little traffic and weather together here and then we'll get right back to Chris Smitheman and the smith Event on fifty five KRC the Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC the Talk Station. Dan caroll in for Brian Thomas, continuing on now with Chris Smithman and the Smither Vent and Chris Smithvan. Always great to have you here, and you laid out the case I think pretty well about what is happening with China. But you know, there's all these narratives that the left continues to throw out there to try and undermine Trump and everything is he and that he is doing. And the narrative that's getting a lot of play right now, there's two of them that are developing out there right now. And number one is that we're not seeing any results from this. This has gone on too long. The American people are on the precipice of peril with their four oh one k's and their investments and everything that's all going to go down the drain as long key, as long as Trump keeps up this war with China, this trade war with China, and then the other narrative is that if Trump wants manufacturing to come back to the United States. And I just played the cut from John Carr from ABC News. He's talking about, well, those factories make iPhones, and they make and they make shoes, and he says, are we going to become a nation of cobblers, as if somehow these manufacturing jobs really are beneath the dignity of the American people to go out there and go to work and be productive in this sort of way.
Speaker 8: What say you, brother, We've got some incredibly ignorant people out there. It's just amazing to me mail that lack common sense and they just absolutely lie, like Senator Shift.
Speaker 10: But let me say this.
Speaker 8: When President Barack Obama took over the presidency, approximately the Dow was at sixty five hundred. We hit forty five thousand on the Dow. Ten percent corrections are normal. The correction we had was orderly. So when I see the market down ten or twelve or fifteen percent, I just want to share with Americans who are hearing our voices. Markets just don't go up. Sometimes they come down, and that's a part of the process of kind of pushing out the excesses that are in the market so that the market can find a floor and then move higher.
Speaker 7: So first, I'm not.
Speaker 8: Concerned about paper losses. I don't think that Donald Trump is hitler, and I don't think Key plans on bringing the end of the world. And so the Democratic Party keeps pushing these crazy narratives about what is happening, and it is causing people to panic. Look China, China, China owns approximately seven hundred the seven hundred and fifty billion dollars of our debt, and I think what happened is China started to sell that debt on the open market, pushing our rates down, which would have caused us to have a spike in our in our long term rates, and the White House probably got concerned about it. Now, everything that I just said right there is speculation, But the reality of it is, why did future past presidents allow the Chinese government to buy seven hundred and fifty or seven hundred and sixty or eight hundred billion dollars of our debt? Why did future past governments allowed the Chinese government to walk in and buy our agricate cultural farms are small farmers, They're buying land all around us, Dan Carroll, which makes no sense to me. The Congress and the Senate has been they've been sitting on their hands. You know why, speculation. I believe China's been buying them all off. Nancy Pelosi, she makes a couple hundred thousand dollars a year. Somebody explained to me why this woman is worth a hundred million dollars? How does that happen? And I'm saying to everybody China, We've got to focus on them. We've got to give this president, that Congress, and the Senate the opportunity and the space in order for them to reset our relationship with China. We've got to send the message to China now at some point we've got to draw a line.
Speaker 7: Into saying I say, let's do it now.
Speaker 8: It's economic today, maybe one day it's World War three. I'm not calling on that. I'm just saying, we can't allow China to push us around. That's why that's why Russia is taking Ukraine. Under Biden, we had a week president, You've see China taking Taiwan right now. We can't allow this. And so this notion that all of a sudden, this president has caused a trade war is crazy. We're already in a trade war. We're getting our butt kicked, and we have a president that says no.
Speaker 2: More, you know, Chris Smith. And we've had so many different companies announce their intentions to build factories in the United States, to have manufacturing here, not just big pharmaceutical but chip factories and apple and car manufacturers and all the rest. And I believe the number right now is near seven trillion dollars of investment in the United States. But these things take a little bit of time to come into fruition. But this whole notion that we're supposed to start seeing results now, that we need to have results now. And again, you know, the United States economy is the biggest ship out there, and it takes a little while to turn these things around. So how do you get the notion out there that we need to have a little bit of patience when again, we have the constant drumbeat that this whole notion that Trump wants to have manufacturing come back to the United States is going to be a failure. And there's one hundred and thirty countries out there now that there and the Trump administration is negotiating with every single one of them. And when I see all these gears in motion, and I see all these sort of things that are happening, it looks to me like they are aligning in the way that they need to align for the bigger picture to all come together. Is it going to take a little while. I think so. But according to the left and according to the news media, we should be seeing results now.
Speaker 8: Well, first, you're right that this is going to take some time to reset, and I believe that time period is going to be greater than ninety days. We'll see a lot of great trade deals that will come down through the White House. But this is going to be a process, as you have clearly outlined for your listening audience. But skilled labor is a natural security issue. If we happen to go to war, we need people that know how to build ships, build tanks, build planes. Now, whoever's out here talking about widgets, let me just explain something. Why is the UAW so behind Trump? Because they understand that they want to see their corvettes rolling through China. They're tired of the teriffs. They want to see their month things. If you are a Ford lover, they want to see the Cobra down the streets of China, not with a thirty four, forty or one hundred percent caraf We want to see the Porsches over here, people love them, but what we want to see our Corvette in Germany. We're tired of our European partners and our Asian partners pushing us around. Basic coming since that if you sell more cars, you make more stability, greater workers, more workers Here in the United States of America, think about a company like Voeing. Now they're only competitors' air Bus, but the more planes they sell. Do you know what China has been doing to Voeing over the last four years. They literally listen to this. Boeing doesn't get paid until they deliver a plane. Dan Carroll, they they built about eighty four planes for China, the Chinese airline industry, each one of those planes worth about two hundred and sixty one million dollars Under Biden, those planes have been sitting somewhere in a warehouse because China has been refusing to take ownership for planes that they purchased that they told Boeing to, So they put a deposit down and then Boeing cannot deliver these planes and capture the two hundred and sixty one million dollars per plane. I'm tired of China pushing us around. We've got to show, oh, the rest of the world, it doesn't matter whether you're African American, whether you're a Latino American, whether you're a Jewish American or white American. We are Americans. And then let me tell you, if you travel anywhere out of the United States of America, they say you're an American. I don't care if you're African American, Jewish, they hear your accent, that's an American. We better understand that we're in the same ship here. It's not about race. What China has been trying to do with their money is make a fight about race. They've been using the Democratic Party, the Socialist Party, the Communist Party, like the AOC pushing this crazy agenda that I shouldn't like you just because of the color of your skin. And then they put out people like Representative Crockett that reinforces her own congressional member who's married to a white woman all of a sudden is not African Americans because of his selection of who he loves, and the children that he makes that was representative Crocket. We got to push back on all of these narratives. Come together as Americans, give the executive branch of this government the opportunity to clean it up, make sure that trade is fair so that we are a stronger country one hundred years from now for our children. I hope I've answered that question for you, Dan Carroll. We need to give this executive branch the time and the space to take on our partners, which by the way, is also Europe, not just our enemies, but it's also places like Europe.
Speaker 2: Chris Smitheman's stay right there. We've got one more segment to go, and when we come back, I want to ask you about this poll that shows about half of those who are on the left believe that killing Musk or killing Trump may be justified. And I'll get your thoughts on that as we continue on with the Smith event on fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC the talk station seven forty three. Dan Carroll in for Thomas and we continue with Chris Smitherman and the Monday Smith Event and Chris Smitheman. This is I read this over the weekend about Rutgers University did a study of mostly left of center people and they found that forty eight to fifty five percent of left of center people were able to somewhat justify the murder of Elon Musk or President Trump. And this, to me is a very disturbing finding. That number should be zero. How do we get to the point in this country where you've got so many And it doesn't say the ages of the people that they that they talk to, but as I read this, I get the sense that it's predominantly younger people. But how do we get to the point in this country to where the justifying of political assassination is something that the people can abide and abiding this by any degree whatsoever, it should be totally and completely unacceptable, But somehow it is amongst you know, a certain segment of our population.
Speaker 8: Well, first, let me thank Elon Musk for his service in the Doze group and his team that are exposing for all of us the waste, the fraud, the abuse that's happening at the federal level.
Speaker 3: Number one.
Speaker 8: Number two, there's never a place in our society for violence political or otherwise, and so I love that you're denouncing it. Number Three, our mass media outlets have been calling Elon Musk and President Donald Trump a Nazi. Now, now, the Nazis killed six million Jews. So this notion that this language that they're using, they are inciting the violence, Dan Carroll. They're basically saying it's okay to kill Hitler. And so you and I I understand that Elon Musk, nor President Trump, nor anyone in his cabinet, or the Congress Democrat or Republican or Independent, or in the Senate, none of those people are Hitler. And so they keep pushing this narrative on MSNBC, on CNN, on on whatever liberal news channel that you can you can listen to, trying to justify that killing somebody in any way, shape or form is okay. It's a scary time that we're currently living in. And let me say to all of you that if we get to the point where killing people is the option, you know, we are in a very very very bad place as a country.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But is it is it the schools? Is it the parents? Is it the media? Is that all these things combined? Because they, to my way of thinking, This needs to be examined thoroughly, because we have if if we can't, if we can get through to groups of people that you know, the way to settle your differences is through elections or through coming to the table, through having discussion, I mean really meaningful discussions and not some of the you know, some of the nonsense that we're subject to when it comes to people having roundtables or consultant driven kind of stuff, but real face to face and human interaction that that is the way to resolve your differences instead of just going out and eliminating what you consider to be a threat. If you don't like that threat in a political.
Speaker 8: Sense, absolutely, But look, we've had leaders in our country which is incredibly scary, the dark history in the sixties where people were saying that doctor Martin Luther King was a communist, he was a threat to our culture, threat to our society. The FBI, the CIA, everybody was looking at this guy, a light upon him, and they dehumanized him so far that people thought it was okay to take them out to kill them. Here's the bottom line. We now understand that doctor King was one of the greatest Americans to ever live. He was one of those men who understood the Constitution. He understood that being conservative and saying that all of us are made equal, no matter the color of your skin. Right. Obviously, Representative Crockett has lost that right. Maybe she's missed something in her teaching, in her history of America. But you can dehumanize somebody far enough, Dan Carroll, that you can then come to these conclusions that it's okay to kill them. I put this right at the at the footsteps of mass mainstream media. They continue to push these narratives and dehumanize the leaders that you just identified, and if they get away with it right, which we hope they won't, shame on all of us. So you being outspoken about it, I think is incredibly critical. Democrats right now just don't have any solutions. That's why they're bathing in all of this. You know, when you sit back and you say, well, what is your solution to the disparity in trade? I don't have a solution to that. So what do you think your solution is? When we're dealing with China stealing our secrets, meaning our technology companies have been screaming from the rooftops that China is literally stealing our intellectual property. Democrats, what is your solution to that? See at the end of the day, these elections locally, That's why I'm supporting this guy named Corey Bowman here in Cincinnati for mayor who's running as a Republican because I'm tired of the status quo. I'm tired of my potholes. I'm tired of bridges falling. I'm tired of flood's happening and we don't know where the mayor is. I'm tired of all of these no answers and this cultural warfare that we're having. I love Americans, I love this country. I'm glad that I'm an American. I'm going to fight for this country, and I'm betting on America. I'm betting on the executive branch. I'm betting off President Trump and whoever was the president. I've always been a person to bet on America, it didn't matter who was in the White House. We're living in a time now where people think it's okay as an American to bet against our own country. That is absolutely up sane, obscene, and a complete shameful thing for anyone to say China is the target China wants to take us over the government of China. Not the people are the enemy of the United States of America, and they've made that very clear. Please, please, listening, audience, give the executive branch the opportunity to solve some of these big problems. Because most politicians were wan to kick the can down the road. They don't want to deal with the big problems. That's what you're talking about, Dan Carroll. If you give the executive branch the opportunity to deal with the big problems, we know they'll be short term pain, but there will be long term gain.
Speaker 2: All right, man. With that, Chris Smitherman, we've got to run. You are the best every Monday morning the smith event right here on fifty five KRC. Chris Smithman. Always great to talk to you, my friend, and all the best to you. You take care of your follow.
Speaker 8: Me at vote Smitherman. At vote Smitherman. I just said something to you at.
Speaker 2: Vote smith Man. Chris Smitheman will talk to you again before too long. It just ain't Monday morning without that guy. He is the absolute best. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas on fifty five KRC DE Talk.
Speaker 1: Station fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC de Talk Station. Want to thank Chris Smithman for the smith events as always. And you know I was talking about that that poll that found out that you know, these people think it's okay to go around killing people like President Trump. Well, here's a seventeen year old in Wisconsin allegedly killed his parents in pursuit of the financial means and autonomy to hopefully assassinate assassinate President Trump. The FBI was talking about that. Here's another guy in monper Pencil, Sean manper is his name Butler Pennsylvania, thirty two years old, charged with making threats to assault and murder President Trump, Musk and others. And this is two cases just from this weekend. This has got to stop. I mean, these should be warning signs that should be taken very seriously, and hopefully the FBI and the Secret Service is on top of this and we will not see a repeat of what we saw last summer seven fifty six. Gotta get a little news here at the top of the hour, Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC the Talk Station coming ubout eight o five on this Monday morning. Dan Carroll and for Brian Thomas, still drinking my coffee. Sean McMahon running the big board there in the command center fifty five KRC five one three seven fifty five hundred. Our buddy Andrew Pappus will be joining us at the bottom of the hour. He just recently went on another honor flight and now he is actually working with the Honor Flight people, which I know is a very big deal to him, and so I'll be looking to hear all about his, uh, you know, his his new assignment with the Honor Flight people and the most recent trip that he took. So that's going to be at the bottom of the hour. I've got I brought it in a fair amount of audio today and I have I can't believe it's the last hour already, so many things to talk about. I just get on a roll, and I've played a little bit of this, but I want to start with this one. And I've talked about this several times. How this administration I think has been really really good on getting ahead of the different narratives that get spun by the left. I mean, they do not quit every time you turn around the talking heads, and many times the talking heads, the political pundits, the Pelosis, the Schumers, the dick Urbans, they're all reading from the same playbook. And Fox News does a great job of this, but they cobble all these things together, and you see how they're all sort of saying the same things. And the Trump administration, Caroline Levitt does a great job of staying ahead of this and cutting a lot of these narratives off at the knees before they really have any time to take root and become part of the everyday talking points. And it is a constant battle. And so Mike Johnson, Speaker Johnson, who's obviously not part of the administration, but he is reading from the Trump playbook, which is good, and he would on with Maria Bartiromo over the weekend. And of course tariffs are the big topic. And I've got a couple of cuts here on the tariffs. Well, let's go at this one first with Speaker Johnson and Sean McMahon. That's cut number five.
Speaker 13: There was also a movement to put boundaries in place for President Trump issuing tariffs. Do you want Congress to have a say in stopping President Trump's authority instituting tariffs?
Speaker 14: Listen, my background's in constitutional law, Maria and I believe very firmly in separation of powers. I also believe that the executive branch has the runway to do what President Trump is doing. He clearly the president, the commander in chief, has the right to deal with countries that are engaging in unfair trade practices with our nation.
Speaker 2: Well, sure, the president has the authority to do that. But you've got people now like Elizabeth Warren who are crying about Trump and Congress needs to somehow make a move to either sanctioned Trump or take his ability away to uh to go forward with ease tariffs. I mean, she is completely losing her mind. And I think, I really think a lot of this is driven. You know, when Trump came out and made the announcement that the uh, there was going to be a ninety day pause and that uh, you know, he was gonna do whatever he's going to do with China, right and then and then over the weekend, the you know, the the headline was, oh, well Trump is going to exempt now electronics and and these other different things. And Steven Miller is going to comment on that in a second. But when that when, you know, when that happened and the stock market shot up. I believe, what was it Tuesday? I think last week, maybe Wednesday, it doesn't matter. But he had all the you know, you have the Elizabeth warrens, he had Bernie Sanders complain, He had all these people on the and the you know, the Democrat Party complaining. And I really think they were complaining is because they didn't get advanced notice to this. And had they had advanced notice of this, they would have cashed in. They would have used all their insider trading skills to boost their own particular stock portfolios. And since they didn't have that opportunity, well, this was a great opportunity to talk about how Trump is the one who's engaging in insider trading. Well, they haven't been able to come within a football field of being able to prove that. So Elizabeth Warren's all bent out of shape. And now she's the one who is saying that we need to take these powers away from the president. And that's what Mike Johnson was talking about there, separation of powers. Guess what, elections have consequences. So you just need to shut up because you lost, and you know, these different types of things you're trying to do are not working at all, and so back on tariffs, and we've got Mississippi Jans on hold, we'll talk to him in a second. But Steven Miller was to talking about how the media again is mischaracterizing what Trump did when it came to electronics and the way it was reported that Trump changed his mind again on tariffs and things that were going to be sanctioned as far as it goes with the sanctions and the tariffs against the Chinese and what can come into this country and what's going to be tarificed and what's not. And Stephen Miller says, you know, for anyone that would have bothered to pay attention, they would have known that this was always part of the plan. And here's how he broke it down with Maria Bartiromo, cut number three.
Speaker 13: You were targeting specific items from day one. Walk us through these exemptions, Stephen and.
Speaker 7: What they mean.
Speaker 11: Yes, this is just another great example of how President Trump had a detailed plan from the beginning that's being executed exactly as directed, and unfortunately some in the media are deliberately misportraying the plan. The original twenty percent AIPA, that's the International Emergency Economic Powers Act for China poisoning our citizens with fentanyl. That twenty percent rate is and continues to be applied to all imports from China. When the President issued his reciprocal tariffs, our government at the time specifically said that chips and semiconductors, which are critical components of our national security, we're going to be dealt with to a separate commerce authority known as the two to thirty two. That was always the plan because those components are so essential to our national security, we need to have a separate process for dealing with how to reshore those essential industries.
Speaker 2: When the tariff rate.
Speaker 11: Went up to the full rate of one twenty five on top of the twenty it was necessary to publish a more detailed list from Customs and Border Protection explaining the rates and how they're applied.
Speaker 2: There are no exemptions.
Speaker 11: Everyone paid at least the twenty percent, and these particular components have been put through a separate process controlled by the Department of Commerce, which is the two thirty two. So this is a sophisticated, elegant, detailed plan to deal with Chinese economic aggression against the United States.
Speaker 2: So it was always part of the plan. According to Stephen Miller and the left wood have you believe that Trump is just wildly out of control, doesn't know what he's doing, is reacting to the day to day reaction from the stock market and from the media and from those who want to sit around and complain about this when nothing could be apparently further from the truth. So all I'm doing is and look, I didn't realize this was part of the plan either. But I haven't criticized the tariffs. I haven't criticized the bigger plan for all of this because I still feel that in along, based on everything I've read and the individuals I've talked to, that this is going to wind up being a good thing. But these parts of the plan were always there, and Steven Miller laid it out I think quite nicely. Let's go to the phones and uh, this is Mississippi James and Mississippi James. You're on fifty five KRC. How you doing today?
Speaker 10: Doing pretty good? I want to thank you for setting in for Brian this morning.
Speaker 2: My pleasure, all right, And I want to do my.
Speaker 10: New prolog I come in peace, love everybody, and there's nothing you can do about it. It's my new prolog. Now I'll get to my point. But first I was listening to you talking about.
Speaker 2: Sound about selling my buddy Stephan prior, but go ahead, Hey, that's part of it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we budd it too. But uh, you know you kept saying, when did it become okay to kill people's on.
Speaker 3: A view that you don't like?
Speaker 10: And as I listened to you, I kept warning you, hear you say, when did we get back to that? We've been here before killing people about things they didn't say, depending on the swan, we got away from that, and for whatever reason, we were back to that killing and swinging back to that now. I hope it don't go too far.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I was taught you probably you're probably referring to when I was asking Chris Chris Smithman that question, because this was just a new poll that came out after the assassination of President Trump, and you know, you've got all these people on and they were talking about people on the left. I believe the number was thirty I don't have it up in front of me right the second, but it was like thirty eight to fifty five percent. We're able to at least excuse the idea or the notion that it would be okay to assassinate Trump or or Musk And even if they said they wanted to assassinate Biden and Kamala Harris, I would say, I would say the same thing, that that sort of attitude, that sort of thinking needs to be totally unacceptable. And I just don't know how we can be in a position in this country in the year what year is this twenty twenty five that we think that any sort of activity like that is acceptable in any sort of way. And then as a country, Mississippi James, I think we all, no matter what our political leanings are, need to if we can't come together on this issue, what can we possibly come together on If we can't say in one voice that this sort of thing should not be happening, this sort of attitude should not be out there. If we can't say that in one voice, what can we say?
Speaker 10: I agree with you one hundred percent, brother, but against The word back kept popping into my head. When did we get back to this Because we've been here before, we got away from it, thought we were going forward, ending the swung, We back to it, So hey, let's flush it out before it get going. We don't need it. You know, Let's come together as a nation of the world or whatever. We can come together, all right, My next point then I move on.
Speaker 2: Okay, have you heard have you heard.
Speaker 10: Anything about the research that Eon Musk supposed to be doing looking at the ancient Bible and indigenous peoples. That was the part of it, and it could be fake news, but they say through computer generated AI he's supposed to be doing the research looking at the ancestrals from biblical time that ancient indigenal people's doing that time.
Speaker 2: Well, if Elon Musk is doing something like that, it seems to me like he's got an awful lot on his plate right now. I don't know how time he could how much you know, how you have time to dedicate himself to that seems like it would be a made you're undertaking. I don't know how he's got time to deal with that. I have not read that particular story or seen any headlines along that, you know, that sort of thing. But uh, you know, if that's something he wants to pursue him, then then God bless him. But I have not. I have not heard or read about that particular issue.
Speaker 10: Right I don't know whether I was in the dark corner corner one of those Internet that's something front and center.
Speaker 2: So that's reading.
Speaker 10: I'm just putting it out there to see, you know, is it common knowledge? Is it common is it happening or whatever? But we'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the dog which you revealed in the light. Would you agree with me that Elon Musk has quite a few items on his plate right now and maybe he doesn't need to be biting off that one.
Speaker 10: Hey, I don't know whether what he needed to be biting off. I'm not you know, some stuff that he got you to go. I didn't think he's some stuff. I didn't think he should have would have changed either cut it would have changed. So I don't think he should have done it.
Speaker 2: So all right, day we're on the same page.
Speaker 10: We just have a good day.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the phone call this morning, James, thank you very much. And with that we got to get to a break. On fifty five KRCV Talks Days fifty five the talk station Spring is here eight twenty two on this Monday morning, Ken Carroll sitting in for Brian Thomas. I get to be here at least through Thursday this week, so I am looking forward to that Sarah McBride is a Democrat from Delaware in the House. This is the guy who likes to dress in women's clothing. And I guess is I guess it is transgender? I suppose. But for some reason, Sarah McBride has been the spokesperson or is the current spokesperson for the Democrat Party when it comes to bashing Trump about immigration and his deportation policies and all the rest. And Sarah McBride made a video about this and this is what it's and it sounds like And Sean McMahon, let's hear that cut that is cut number I want to say, it's cut number six.
Speaker 6: Don't let people tell you we have to choose between securing our borders and upholding the rule of law. Don't let anyone tell you the way we keep people safe is by dismantling.
Speaker 2: All right, stop right there, securing the She is saying that we have to choose between securing our borders and upholding the rule of law. That that that is a false that's a false comparison. That's completely completely false and phony. The rule of law allows us to secure our borders. There's no choice to be made.
Speaker 8: There.
Speaker 2: It is all part and parcel of the same thing. It is the Biden administration and largely Democrats, and I guess to some extent Republicans that came before, but even Bill Clinton and Barack Obama talked about securing the border. No, the the whole notion that you know, open borders are the rule rather than than the exception, is what they're trying to peddle here. And nothing could be further from the truth. Okay, go on.
Speaker 6: Is by dismantling due process. The Trump administration's tactic right now is to overwhelm us with infra.
Speaker 2: Getting it again, here we go at this narrative about to do process. Yeah, I read the piece from the Secretary of State Marco Rubio a little while ago. Being in this country, even if you have a visa, is a privilege, It is not a right. And when you come into this country under a student visa, work visa, whatever the case may be, then you are obliged to live up to our rules and to the things that maintain law and order. You cannot come in and espouse, you know, being a terrorist or engaging terrorist activities or activities that threaten and intimidate and endanger others. You can't do it, and if you do, then the United States has the right under the rule of law. There, Sarah McBride, to revoke that particular visa. Go ahead.
Speaker 6: Forrewellnus with information with the sole purpose of distracting, demeaning, and dividing us. This administration is invoking a two hundred and twenty seven year old law to speed up mass duplications.
Speaker 2: Stop right there, stripping people. What does it matter how old the law is. The law is on the books, it is still a law. And judges and there's already been rulings on this that Trump is perfectly within his rights to exercise that law. Just because you don't want to live up to it, just because it doesn't suit your particular sensibilities, doesn't mean that so that it cannot be brought into play and brought into use.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, stripping people of due process. This law, known as the Alien Enemies Act, was created in seventeen ninety eight with the purpus of expanding the president's power to deport non citizens from the United States.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with that?
Speaker 6: Times of war? During times of war and.
Speaker 2: Stop right there. The President has declared these groups ms thirteen. These other groups trend a arguais terrorist groups and when these terrorists infiltrate our country, that is an act of war. A twenty six. We got to get to a break. Andrew Praptis, go and join us at the bottom of the hour. Fifty five krcd talk Station fifty five KRC dot Com fifty five KRC talk Station eight thirty one on this Monday morning, Dan Carroll and for Brian Thomas Glenn Beck coming up the top of the hour. But right now we are joined by everyone's buddy Andrew Pappis. And Andrew Pappas, Welcome again to fifty five KRC. Thanks for getting up so early in the morning. I know, I know that's a that's a stretch.
Speaker 15: For you, you know, Dan, You know, Dan, I'm amazed that you're up and at him this morning giving your herculean effort yesterday.
Speaker 2: You've got to be texted physically.
Speaker 15: You usually don't get that much physical exercise in a day with your masters Win.
Speaker 2: Well, I did what I could. You know, a little neighborhood competition is always a good thing.
Speaker 3: And are you sore?
Speaker 2: How's the rotator CAF this morning? Sure, I'll be all right. You know, a good stretching routine is always it is always an important thing to it here to and I did my You are you are the When I think of you, I think of Limber.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: I did my stretching routine before the event yesterday, and it paid off quite handsomely.
Speaker 15: Yes, I can see you doing yoga just about every morning.
Speaker 2: I didn't say yoga, but you know, a little, a little stretching goes a long way. But you're personally blueberry yogurt is my favorite.
Speaker 10: But go ahead.
Speaker 2: You recently went on another another Honor flight, and not only not only that, but you are now working with the Honor Flight people, which I know is a big deal for you. Tell us about that, and tell us about this latest trip. Which was it mostly Vietnam veterans or or Korean veterans or a mix.
Speaker 15: It was a little bit of a mix, but it was it seemed to be mostly Vietnam veterans. Okay, all right, you know we when we get to the Korea. First of all, I'd like to just tip my hat to all the volunteers, and there are many many, too many didn't mention. I was introduced to Honor Flight years and years ago by Chryln Tom Popo who have been running it for for literally decades and have put their heart and souls into Honor Flight, and I appreciate them. And and as as you know, I think everyone is so said what Honor Flight does. And recently their board expanded and I was just just by the grace of God, they asked me to be on the Honor Flight board and I accepted, And we've joined some very good people and have some large shoes to fill. But you know, we are just our flight on last Tuesday, a week ago tomorrow was.
Speaker 2: Was the first flight of the year.
Speaker 15: And we have another one coming up here in believe it's in May, and.
Speaker 2: You know, we we just try to serve the veterans. And you know, I can't thank enough.
Speaker 15: If you saw the video, I think we head close to two thousand people welcoming the veterans.
Speaker 2: How about that? That is fantastic. That is outstanding there.
Speaker 15: And given that it's mostly now it seems to be transitioning mostly to Vietnam, that is actually the most amazing part of it, because as you and I both know, the Vietnam veterans were were not and let's be fair.
Speaker 2: Honor flight is open to any veteran.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 2: You don't have to be a combat you don't have to serve in theater honor flight.
Speaker 15: If you serve the country and you sign up you were able to go on honor flight, you are to be honored as well. And but the Vietnam veterans especially were not treated well by this country back in the day when they came home, and you know that the tears flowed and the the the emotions were real, and it was just an amazing experience.
Speaker 2: They're they're posting, i believe on the on the website. They've posted video already.
Speaker 15: And the welcome home ceremony, you know, during the honor flight is an amazing experience. But the Vietnam Memorial, if you've been there, is really the one that touches most of the veterans very very emotionally because they can point and touch the name of someone they served with, an that didn't make it home, and it's very it's a very raw and emotional day at the Vietnam Memorial, and you know, we try to you try to give the veteran obviously their space because it's a private moment and we want them to enjoy their private moment and and and you know, just cherish it. And for some of them it's the first time going to the Vietnam Memorial. For some not but the fact that we have so many veterans and great guardians that make sure the veterans are assisted. Some need you know, help walking, some are in wheelchairs. We just really try to try to make it all about the veteran. And I think that that that shows through with Honor Flight Try State being one of the I hear time and time again from different ones. We do see other honor flights, but Honor Flight Try State is simply head and shoulders one of the best run honor flights in the nation.
Speaker 2: I feel, yeah, I have another question for you about the Vietnam Memorial. We got to get to a quick break right now, but Andrews stay right there and we will continue on with you on the other side of this little traffic and weather quick break. And we'll continue on with Andrew Pappis on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Hey neighbor, fifty five KRC eight thirty nine and Carroll and for Brian Thomas, continuing our conversation with Andrew Pappis, who was on an honor flight last week and is now on the board of Honor Flight. And Andrew, you know, you and I criticize Washington the swamp and for good reason. But I think despite all that criticism, the one thing that Washington does quite well our monuments and memorials and things of that nature. And you know, when you go on the honor flight, you see those sorts of things. And I'm glad you talked about the Vietnam Memorial because I think all those memorials and those places are great in d C. But for some reason, I think the the Vietnam Memorial just has a different sort of impact than than the other ones that that you encounter on that trip.
Speaker 15: Now, there's no question the Vietnam Memorial just pretty much it just grasps and and and and and and signifies what the country, you know, how how the Vietnam War kind of affected the country. That the monument was designed to appear as a scar upon the land. It slowly rises, you know, it's not it's not something that's large and grandiose and celebratory, the way that World War II Memorial is which.
Speaker 2: Is a great memorial.
Speaker 15: And I also Korea has been expanded. They have now had Korea has the memorial in Korea War has been expanded. It's a very reflective. Uh, it's a very reflective memorial as well, with the with the platoon of military statues coming up to the Korean memorials.
Speaker 2: Whose are really breadtaking, they really are.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 15: The Vietnam Memorial though, with it with the trio of soldiers that that was added after that come over peer to come over the hill and and and then gaze at the Vietnam Memorial and then with the names. You know, the Vietnam Memorial is really about the names because that's what it is, and the and the the the the way the Vietnam Memorial has you can get very great reflective pictures in the Vietnam Memorial.
Speaker 2: So it's wonderful.
Speaker 15: It's a great memorial and it's just it's it's it's just a very appropriate for the what it represents and what it's honoring.
Speaker 2: So if people want to find out about an upcoming honor flight, where do they go to do that honor flight?
Speaker 15: Tri State dot org and you can you can register there as either a guardian if you want to be a guardian, or you can register there as a veteran as well. So if you want to go on, or you have someone that wants to go on the honor flight, just go there and register. And you do have to register, and every year you do have to. If you say, well I filled it out last year, please sign up again, because you know, sometimes we the database needs to be updated.
Speaker 2: And I just think it's a it's a great thing to do.
Speaker 15: And I don't think that you're too, you know, I don't want anyone to downplay their service. I mean, Dan Carroll, I know that you served. I would one day like to push you, maybe in a wheelchair through the memorial, so.
Speaker 2: That comes up, so I volunteer to do that. Well, I don't need a wheelchair yet. Let's let's not rush to get to that point.
Speaker 15: All right, You got it, and you may but I'm always there.
Speaker 2: You may be there, you may be there before me, so well doubt it. So we'll see what happens. But I don't know if you did. Did did you hear the comments of Sarah McBride that I was playing before before you came on for your interview?
Speaker 10: I did not.
Speaker 2: I was it did not, okay, But but you know, Sarah McBride in the left, are our try to spend this narrative now that the Trump administration is out of control, that they don't want to follow the rule of law, that individuals who are being deported or somehow denied due process, and that this is something that's going to lead to the division and the downfall of our country if this is allowed to continue. And then you have Elizabeth Warren who is calling for the powers of the presidency. She's calling on Congress to strip away the powers of the presidency and for Donald Trump to be able to continue on and doing what he's doing. Have these people lost their minds? I mean, they've lost the narrative when it comes to having any ideas or really any effective policies. But now it seems like saying that they're grasping for straws seems like a little bit of an understate.
Speaker 15: Well, Dan, I did hear earlier when you were talking about the fact that now a plurality of Democrats think that somehow assassination is justified, or violence againstservatives and or the president.
Speaker 2: And Musk is justified. But we've crossed the line.
Speaker 15: And there's no question that violence is accepted by the Democrat Party. And until I see a plurality of Democrat leaders denouncing this call to violence, it's not going to stop. And the mainstream media, as you well document, it is complicit because they continue to refer to Donald Trump and musk As using terms as Hitler and Nazi. It's just disgusting and I think it needs to stop and stop today, if not yesterday.
Speaker 2: You know, I was talking to Chris Smitheman a little while ago, and the question I put to him was Trump has been in office for less than three months, less than three months. And again, the one of the multiple narratives that is trying to be spun right now is that somehow we should be seeing results. We should you know, we shouldn't have to be going through this period of what may be some tough economic times, some people being suffering or you know, being made to suffer because of the you know, higher rices that might be experienced which have not happened yet to my knowledge, but you know, we keep hearing that these things are coming. But you know, the notion that you can turn all this around, get it going the other way and already have tangible results in less than three months time. Is completely ridiculous. But yet they continue to harp on this narrative that somehow these policies of the Trump administration are ineffective because we haven't seen the bottom line results on these things.
Speaker 8: Yet.
Speaker 15: I can't agree with you more, Dan. You know, it's it's it's it's simply, you know, the timeline that they have set for themselves to have results is just ridiculous, and they don't, you know, they didn't hold their guy to that, and they're holding Donald Trump. I'd like to say, I think the timeline on the on the border has clearly worked. I mean, we see that the border UH apprehensions down significantly, and you know, we really just need to ignore the Democrat narrative and the Democrats what they're doing and what they're saying, and just focus on supporting Donald Trump and maybe giving him a little time and leeway to get his policies in place.
Speaker 2: And I think we'll we'll bear the results.
Speaker 15: And I did hear Christopher Smitherman, and I agree with him wholeheartedly.
Speaker 2: And before I let you go, I want to get your thoughts on this, Kamala Harris is in the in the process of making her political comeback, and one of the.
Speaker 15: Things, well, I'll wait, I'll wait to see that one.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 2: One of the things she wants to do is open a Kamala Harris Center for Policy and Ideas, Kamala Harris Center. That Kamala Harris, Kamala Harris Center for Policy and Ideas, Andrew Poppins, they should.
Speaker 15: I think they should probably find the nearest I think they just find the nearest roundabout and just name it Kamala Harris Roundabout, because you never really get anywhere, you just keep talking in circles, So that might.
Speaker 2: Well, k I mean, can you name one policy or idea that she was able to articulate during this most recent campaign cycle.
Speaker 15: I can't think of anything she was able to articulate, much less a campaign policy or any policy, because she's just incapable of cotent thought and putting a sentence together without just simply confusing everybody.
Speaker 2: All right with that, Andrew, we will let you go. I always appreciate the time.
Speaker 3: Brother Carol.
Speaker 15: Always a pleasure, sir, and you're doing your great job. I can't wait for your own show full.
Speaker 2: Time here, Dan Well we'll see what happens with that. But Andrew, you're the best and we'll see you soon. Take care. All right, there you go, The one and only Andrew Pappis eighty eight on fifty five KRC. He talks naves.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station time.
Speaker 2: D nine first winning weather forecast from Jennifer catch Mark. It is going to be mostly cloudy today. We will see some scattered storms. I mean, I'm thinking they're probably going to be more showering since scotom showers around three should be done by about six. Today's high seventy three, These guys will be clear and a little bit cool tonight. The every night low forty four, partly cloudy tomorrow a little windy, a hide tomorrow of fifty six. It is sixty three at fifty five KRC. He talks station from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 4: The U S Cancer Center offer is the latest three search based and holistic approaches to head and neck cancer called five eighty five.
Speaker 2: U SEC Seed.
Speaker 4: Crews continue to work with an accident stat found seventy five just above two seventy five.
Speaker 2: But what's left is over on the right shoulder.
Speaker 4: I'm no longer seeing a huge delay from Cincinnati Dayton Road. Latest wreck is for dun truck facing the wrong direction east found seventy four after one twenty eight Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR seed the talk station.
Speaker 2: Fifty five K see the talk station day number one of Dan Carolyn for Brian Thomas coming to a close. I want to thank Chris Smitherman for being here in the smither event, and followed up by Andrew Pappas good conversations there, and Sean McMahon, thank you for being sewanmc man you're here tomorrow, me and you. Shaun mc mannon's you're all week, So there you go, and I appreciate him being here. And thank god Joe Strecker's taking a little time off, well deserved. There What else do we have? I don't know how I missed this, but the Prime Minister of Canada has said that Canada is going to enter into bilateral negotiations with the United States, and that really leaves pretty much China as the only foreign government resisting bilateral trade talks with the United States. Canadian Prime minister announced Friday his country would enter into the talks. Donald Trump moved to impose reciprocal tariffs on nations that have not retaliated against the United States a ten percent to allow for time for a negotiation. And we learned today that that number is up to one hundred and thirty countries, including Canada. And I think that's a good thing. So the whole idea of getting all these countries aligned, all these countries negotiating with the United States, and then over here you've got China, I think that's going to be an effective policy. So we'll see what happens with that. We'll see what kind of news comes. I think Trump is going to hold another press availability today, so we will see what comes of that. And I was asking Andrew Pappus about this whole notion that Kamala Harris is going to run for president again. Steven Sean McMahon, can you imagine for one minute what it would be like to have Steven A. Smith as President of the United States? Not hardly would that be fantastic, But people are asking him about it. I mean, this guy, look, he just signed a huge I don't think he can take the pay cut he just signed. I want to say it was like one hundred million dollar deal with ESPN. I mean big money. Big. I mean, the guy is getting paid. But Steven A. Smith, he's I think I enjoy him. I enjoy his style, I enjoy his rhetoric. I think he is quite well informed on most of the major issues. He can he can cover just about any subject under the sun, whether it's sports or celebrity or politics. Now and look, he's tired of what he is seeing out there as it relates to the Democrat Party. And I don't know if he would run as a Democrat, but he's saying he might have to, you know, might not have any choice but to put himself out there. And I say, Steven A. Smith, if you want to do it, the entertainment value would be spectacular. So I would have no opposition and no problem with that at all. But we'll see what happens. That's it for me today. Glenn Beck is coming up next. Thanks for listening. We will see you tomorrow on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 4: A full rundown and the biggest headlines is minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 1: I'm giving you a fact now the Americans should know.
Speaker 2: Fifty five krs the talk station, this report