Speaker 1: God Well.
Speaker 2: Channeling his dinner clerk get them Dives makes the cat backhand sigh, dusted off that gold.
Speaker 1: Globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 3: Wanta take your shot.
Speaker 4: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 5: Think you're looking real hot, Come in get it.
Speaker 3: We're here.
Speaker 4: The road comes through La.
Speaker 6: Come get it.
Speaker 4: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 6: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 5: It bss overall, Miss Dan Klass Padre's fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 3: Ring. You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 7: Welcome to Dodgers on Deck. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Tim Kays Dodgers look to do it again in the desert. Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're well on this Friday night. You're world champion Los Angeles Dodgers twenty five and thirteen on this season, first place, top the West. After dropping the series opener last night, the Dodgers look to get back on track Tonight's in Phoenix's they take on the Arizona Diamondbacks. Roki Sasaki on the mound in game two of this four game series. First pitch from Chase Field This coming up at six point forty. Coming up over the next hour here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from Freddie Freeman is David Vast will go one on one with the Dodger first basement. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. The Dodgers lineup looking a little different tonight with the left hander on the mound for the Snakes.
Speaker 6: We'll hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 2: We got your Dodgers magical moment of the day, I got your prize picks double play of the Day. Shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson and in just a few minutes we'll head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth with Tim Neffett and Rick monday Well. Last night in Arizona, Yoshi Yamamoto didn't have his best of nights. He was scoreless for the first three innings, going toe to toe with Brandon Fought, who would end up pitching into the seventh inning, striking out six. Did not give up a run for Yamamoto, though got into trouble in the fourth inning, loaded the bases for Gabrielle Moreno, who hit a grand slam to give the Arizona Diamondbacks a four to nothing lead. Then in the fifth to Tell Marte a solo home run to right center that gave Arizona a five nothing lead.
Speaker 6: That would be it.
Speaker 2: For Yamamoto, who went the five innings five runs, six hits, four strikeouts, a pair of home runs, eighty eight pitches.
Speaker 6: But the Dodgers were in a hole.
Speaker 2: The offense didn't come alive until they got to the bullpen of the Diamondbacks and the eighth inning, Max Months he got him on the board.
Speaker 8: He was left eye dominant. They wanted to kind of balance out the right eye, which is his front eye when he's batting left handed. Pitch swang on it hit well deep to right center field. Carol going back, that ball is going to bounce off the warning track and into the pool. That's a double for Moncie. Betts will come around to score and Smith will stop a third. It is five to one.
Speaker 2: Herbi ground rule double for Max Mounsey. Dodgers finally on the board there in the eighth inning, down five to one. Andy pie Has then came up the very next batter, and it added.
Speaker 8: To that pie Has struck out on a sweeper last time up, and the lines won the right field.
Speaker 3: That's a base hit.
Speaker 8: Smith will score Monthsy will hold a third, and Andy pie Has didn't wait around. He got a slider over the plate. It was on the outer half. He went with it to write and he gets himself a run bat at in five straight games, Piez has hit in and now the Dodgers creeping back in it.
Speaker 3: It's five to two.
Speaker 2: Dodgers would get no closer in the eighth inning, down five to two. However, they would tack all gonna run in the top half of the ninth Inny show, Hey O'tani with an absolute missile to center field into the pool four hundred and twenty six feet in the desert air. That made it a five to three game. The Dodgers would get no closer as the Diamondbacks take the series opener five to three. Brandon Fought gets the win. He improves to six and two on this season. Yoshi Yamamoto gets the loss. He falls to four and three on the year. The Dodgers with the loss now twenty five and thirteen on this season. The Dodgers still sit atop the NL West, one game ahead of the Padres and the Giants in the division. The Diamondbacks sitting at twenty and eighteen, five games back of the Dodgers in the NL West. Tonight, and the Dodgers look to get back on track. Roki Sasaki on the mount again in the start and with more. We head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we say hello to Tim Neffert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, Tim, thanks very much.
Speaker 8: Here in Phoenix at Chase Field, the roof will be open for the ball game tonight for the second night row temperatures outside bordering on one hundred degrees, but it'll cool off nicely here in the desert tonight as the Dodgers take on the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 3: Game two of this three game set.
Speaker 8: And the last night did not go the Dodgers way as Arizona won five to three. Dodgers scored all their runs from the eighth inning or later. But tonight it's a different story. You've got the left hander Eduardo Rodriguez on the hill for Arizona and Roki Sasaki looking for win number two. So for the Dodgers, a different looking lineup against the left hander in Rodriguez.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and for Dave Roberts, just kind of moving things around. Max Buncie, we'll get arrested at the beginning of the ballgames. So it indeed a little bit different look including Chris Taylor starts in left field, James Aubman is in center, Miguel Rojas is at second base, Keith k Hernandez will start at third and also change up positioning as far as in the order. Will Smith moves up to number three spot, and the red hot Freddie Freeman, and we mentioned last night, not only does he have that hitting streak which is in now thirteen games, came in the last night's game runners scoring position, we're the hottest hitters in baseball hitting at four sixty four. So he gets moved down to the number four spot. And if you're an opposing pitcher right now, Freeman comes to home late with runners in scoring position, you might be better off just walking in.
Speaker 3: And Mandy pie has following him up.
Speaker 8: Keikey Hernandez gets a start at third base and down to the bottom of the order. Again, one of the things the manager has to do is to try to keep these guys hawk when they come off the bench, and Miguel Rojas and Chris Taylor's going to bat ninth and play left field.
Speaker 3: Michael Confordo is off, yeah, and.
Speaker 9: For Confordo, still trying to find the swing. Had a couple of good swings last night, lined out a couple of different times. But if you look at overall, you know, it's just one hit in the last forty ad mets and he's hitting at one thirty five. He's trying desperately to get back on track, and he may be getting closer and closer. If last night is any sign says hey, look closing in on a better swing.
Speaker 8: Dodgers right now are four and three on the road trip, and overall ten and ten. The road hasn't necessarily been the Dodgers friend like Dodger Stadium has been them at home.
Speaker 9: No, it has not been last night the big difference. And you know, let's come right down to it. It was a bad pitch and that was the grand slam to Moreno in the fourth inning. The Dodgers had opportunities. They were two for five runners in scoring position. That grand slam, by the way, the only hit that the Diamondbacks had with a runner and scoring position, but they were three in position at the time, So that was the big blast Dodgers of trying to upset the charge by the Diamondbacks into night's contest.
Speaker 8: Rookie Betts has been very good lately, Shoey o'tany again very good, had the ninth inning home run last night, and of course Freddy Freeman remains red hot. Dodgers and Diamondbacks coming up on a Friday night in Phoenix, Arizona, Rokie Sasaki will look for win number two. He's one and one against left hander Eduardo Rodriguez, who is one and three.
Speaker 6: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we counting it down to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Part no matter time on this Friday night, pick up some pizza chack in Mojo's Joys from Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Baseball at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 2: Coming up here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We will check in with David vas Say d vingoes one on one with Freddy Freeman would break down this pitching matchup. We got your price picks double play of the day. So much to get to up next show Tani Rewne and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson. It's gonna be a busy hour to lead you up to first pitch. That's all coming up to lead.
Speaker 6: You up to Dodgers and Diabacks in the desert. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kayson's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio notwork.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Diamondbacks.
Speaker 2: Rookie Sizaki on the mound and war Rodriguez. We'll go for the Snakes. First pitch of Phoenix is coming up at six forty.
Speaker 7: This is the Otani Rewhy.
Speaker 8: Dodger with the faint pulse in this game, trying to stay alive. Three to two from Ginkel, swing on a hammer deep right center toward the pool.
Speaker 3: That ball has cane a home run.
Speaker 8: Oh, Tonny, when there is the eleventh home run, and I'll rocket out the deep right center field that got out there and I'll.
Speaker 3: Blink him an eye. It is five to three.
Speaker 2: Show Hey, O, Tony does it in the ninth Inny and a solo home run that he crushed to center field four hundred and twenty six feet, his only hit of the night. Last night he did strike out, now hitting two ninety six on this season, home run number eleven for show.
Speaker 7: Hey, this is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kirston now joins us from the Desert game two of this four game set Dodgers and Diamondbacks. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate year old car the eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now, Friendly agents standing by to take your donation. It's Cars with the K to donate your car today. Last night in the series opener, it was.
Speaker 6: A Yoshi Yamamoto.
Speaker 2: We're not used to seeing a guy having trouble with his command and getting touched up a little bit.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and even after the game last night, he just said he just didn't feel like he had his best stuff.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 10: Obviously they were able to get to him with that long ball, and of course the Grand Slam. You know, that was actually the first Grand Slam he's given up in his Big Lee career. Yes, it's a young Big Lee career, but still, you know, that's very uncharacteristic of him. So he said he really just didn't feel like he had his best stuff. But obviously he's going to use this next week to kind of reset and hopefully ready for his next outing. But because that was his first start this season on five days rest and not the usual six day rest once a week out and we've been seeing from him, of course, there were some questions of kind of maybe that's a factor. So when coming in and Dave Roberts, I should say, didn't believe that was the case since he has done it last year. They just kind of felt like this stuff wasn't there. But that does mainly, you know, a lot of eyes are on Roki Sasaki this year because or excuse me just tonight, because this is going to be his first big league start on five days rest. He's been on that once a week schedule similar to Yoshinobo this year. So Dave did say that the biggest thing for him, he just wants to see the command early in this one. He's going to keep an eye on that seventy five pitch count mark. If he's showing fatigue at that point, he does think that might be due to just a one day shorter of rest, So that's going to be the key. So I think kind of seeing where he's at, he's usually that five and seventy five, but hopefully he can be efficient because that's gonna potentially be the marker for him today.
Speaker 2: Dodgers with a different look in lineup tonight against the left hander Rodriguez.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so you know, this is a long road trip, of course, and it's gonna it's ten games and ten straight, so with a lefty on the mound, it does look a little bit different. So Kei y Hernandez is actually going to be playing at third and then Chris Taylor's going to be in left field. So that means Michael Conforto as well as Max Munsey, you're gonna have the day off and look for for Max who's able to get some results yesterday if he's kind of been struggling of course, as we've seen here and there, but for him to get the result yesterday was a really good sign. And for Michael Conforto, he's been in a trickier situation because he feels that the swing in the bat isn't a really good spot. He's just not getting the results and honestly, he's just getting unlucky because he's had quite a few.
Speaker 6: Hard hit balls.
Speaker 10: So yesterday he spoke to the media, talked about some of those frustrations, wanting to produce for his team like any player wants to. So he's handling it really well. But Dave Roberts did say today, Look, he's a veteran player, and so he he likes where the swing is at. But giving him a day, you know, with a lefty on the mound, just giving him a day to kind of have that reset should be a good thing. But he does feel good just as to where the actual swing is at, that's not a concern for him. It's just being a little unlucky right now. So hopefully after today can kind of reset and then some good favors will be on his side.
Speaker 6: We all need a day to reset. Today. It's Michael Conforto's today.
Speaker 2: Thank you here sin Well, check in with you after the game. Still to come here on Mao Casino Dodgers on deck will type deeper in it is pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: David Va say, goes high in time.
Speaker 2: But up next we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Friday and night first pitch of six forty.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim kats Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 7: Now, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you up to first pitch on this Friday and night, game two of this four game set from the Desert Dodgers and Diamondbacks roof closed hot out there in Arizona, Marongo Casino Resort and Spa A Grand Slam for good times. Rookie Sasanki on the mount. First pitch from Phoenix is coming up six forty.
Speaker 7: This it's the LA Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Injury Report present if I UCLA healthy, Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Evan Phillips on the I L with the sore right forearm. He's got inflammation in that elbow. So he had an MRI and we'll shut it down for at least two weeks. To Oscar Hernandez left groin strain. Tommy Edmond, well, he'd be ready to go and on the next homestand coming back from that store, right Ankle, Tyler Glass, now Blake Snell, Blake trying to Michael Kopek, Clayton Krushaw all on the injured list working their way back slowly.
Speaker 6: All right, let's head.
Speaker 2: Back out to Arizona check out with the Dodger Skipper.
Speaker 4: Answer the questions for.
Speaker 3: Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 7: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: So Blake is potentially going to start playing catch on Sunday. Tyler is on that same program. I'm not sure exactly where he's given that he's back in LA but yeah, so those two guys and then Clayton and Kopek are going to be going on Sunday, which is another different.
Speaker 10: And Will he's just I guess set back because of being under the weather while the team is in Miami.
Speaker 11: I think that's what it was. Being sick kind of set them back a couple of days.
Speaker 10: And then of course with Michael, how did that So all the numbers are the results, those weren't as great, but at least for him to just get back out there, on the Mountains that it.
Speaker 11: Was a pod. So if you can take from us outing, yeah, that was a positive. I think the positive was he came out of it feeling good as far as health wise. But yeah, that's never a good thing given how many you know walks that he let in. So I expect we all expected to be considerably better the next time out.
Speaker 12: Dade, you have a key K at third today against the lefty. Is that something we might see more of moving forward?
Speaker 11: I don't know. I think this is more predicated on Kyk feels comfortable over there. I want to get Miggy row in there. He feels comfortable at second base. Max has played you know, call it eight in a row something like that, so to give him a day. Michael started all these games, so give ct an opportunity. We got some rioties coming up, but then some leftiest So yeah, if Max does take another day off, which I can see in the next week versus left handed pitcher, then key Ca will run over there.
Speaker 6: All right, there's Dave Roberts talking about the lineup.
Speaker 2: No Max Monsey, of course, the left hander Ronriguez changing things up for Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: So when we continue here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: We'll check out with David Vase, get you the latest as we're leading you up to first pitch from the Desert Dodgers and Diamondbacks. First pitch set for six forty and Tim Cases. This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying.
Speaker 7: Yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Diamondbacks. The roof will be open in the Desert. Roki Sasaki at one of Rodriguez, the guy who didn't want to be a Dodger a few years ago.
Speaker 6: That is a pitching matchup. First pitch from Phoenix, coming up six.
Speaker 7: Four, joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 7: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, dv hey Son Kim a little bit about his background in the KBO.
Speaker 12: Yeah, can you believe he was teammates with former Dodger Yasiel Puigue on a team that went to the KBO World Series but lost.
Speaker 4: He had an incredible team.
Speaker 12: He was with the giant center fielder who is tearing it up Hassan Kim.
Speaker 4: I mean he was Jung Hu Lee.
Speaker 12: That was a real team out there, and I was shown highlights by his translator, Joe Lee, and it is amazing what Kim Speed was doing in the KBO. He would he has the baseball instincts that a lot of guys don't have with his type of speed, and that's the difference. And we saw it in Atlanta. Not only is he fast, but he also has those instincts. And from what I understand, it was a choice between the Angels and Dodgers, and the Angels offered Kim more money to sign with them, but he chose the Dodgers because they are the Dodgers and he wanted to win the World Series and be part of a winning team. So just a little background and certainly more to come.
Speaker 6: Smart choice by him. David had driven by Ford.
Speaker 2: If there's one thing we like his choices, find yours with the Ford F one fifty gas hybrid all electric toughness mark can only be called F one fifty.
Speaker 6: What's going on with Evan Phillips? David that elbow?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I know everybody's going to joke that whenever. Dave Roberts says he's not concerned it turns out to be a more serious injury, but at this point in time, there's inflammation in his right elbow. They did take an MRI of Phillips's right elbow and it doesn't show any ligament damage, so that's a good sign. This just seems to be one of those things that pictures go through in spring training when they build up, they get some soreness and sometimes they classified as dead arm. That's what the Dodgers have with Evan Phillips, and they just don't want to push it. But he's likely not going to be out just fifteen days, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Dave, Time now to pick the horses at the Santa Nina Park as we do our Dodger derby. We're picking tomorrow's second race, five and a half for Longs, currently a seven horse race going into it.
Speaker 6: Who do you like tomorrow, David?
Speaker 12: I'm going with the number one horse, fast Service. That's the way I like it, all right.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with the five horse big bet. That's what I do all the time, Big bet for me tomorrow in the second race out at Santa a Nina celebrate ninety years of horse racing at Santa Anna Park every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with millions in payouts every race day. Get on track for your experiences like Memorial Weekend Carnival, California Beer Festival in free Fridays with NK specials. Explore experiences at Santa Anita dot com slash events. As we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from Freddie Freeman. We'll type deeper to this pitching matchup, but I'm next. You're Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers and Diamondbacks.
Speaker 6: First pitch of six forty. I'm Tim Kase's World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Road Chimp continues Game two of this four game set in the Desert. Does they take on the Diamondbacks, Rookie Sasaki and the war Rodriguez A pitching matchup? First pitch from Phoenix set first six forty.
Speaker 7: At Dog who wants that hot It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. Bitch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: We go back to September thirteenth, twenty twenty two. The Dodgers have dominated the National League West, and the Dodgers have certainly had their share of celebrations at Chasefield. Who can remember the plunge into the pool back in twenty thirteen. On twenty twenty two, the Dodgers again clinched the division in Arizona.
Speaker 5: Here's a two to one line drive caught by the second baseman Taylor. The Dodgers shutout Arizona and the Dodgers win their ninth division title in the past ten years.
Speaker 6: For nothing, they beat Arizona.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers now fifty five games over five hundred. This is the season that simply has been one of Dodger domination.
Speaker 2: It was a dominating twenty twenty two for the Dodgers as they clinched the NL West for the ninth time in ten years on that September ninth in Arizona. This Hafey magical moment brought to by Hoffey hot Dogs, Soakou's local treasure for nearly one hundred years Offfey hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check you in with Rick Monday, and we got your Prize Picks double Play of the Day, don't go anywhere, leading you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Friday night. I'm Tim Katson's the world champion in Los Angeles.
Speaker 7: Dodgers audio Nowhork, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on dep on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Diamondbacks from Arizona. First pitch from Phoenix, set for six forty, got him with the two for one hard shot.
Speaker 4: To third, drove us the second hot in the first double.
Speaker 7: What does this is the Prize Picks double Play of the Day.
Speaker 2: Join me and millions of others baseball fans and playing daily fantasy sports and Prize Picks.
Speaker 6: It's so easy.
Speaker 2: Just down the prize loads the Price Picks app, download it and sign up.
Speaker 6: To use the code go Blue.
Speaker 2: And when you do, you're gonna get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five lineup.
Speaker 6: That's go Blue.
Speaker 2: When you sign up at Prize Picks, all you do is pick more or less strikeouts, RBIs, home runs, singles, doubles. Join me in playing at Prize Picks and use the code go Blue. I'm gonna go show hey Otani more or less a half a hit, more than a half a hit for show Aotani, Roki Sasaki more or less two and a half strikeouts tonight. I'm gonna go more than two and a half strikeouts for Roki Sasaki. Again, It's Prize Picks. Use the code go blue when you sign up. Test that baseball knowledge at Prize Picks. Run your game.
Speaker 7: And now joined by David Bassey, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 12: Rick, the Dodgers get another dose of the Diamondbacks game two of this four game series, and a little different look to the lineup tonight.
Speaker 9: A little bit different look, and I think the Dodgers obviously bring out the best in the Arizona there winning that ballgame last night. Not a particularly great night for Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Dave Roberts is talking about after the ballgame, just not consistent, not to the level that we normally see. And for the Dodgers, missed opportunities to score some runs at various times in the ballgame. But if you look at the Brandon fun he went six and a third no runs and only four hits against the Dodgers, had a much better outing than what he's had recently. So the Dodgers will they've got to redraw things. But as you were saying, a different lineup tonight that includes Chris Taylor in left field, James Outman would be in center, Miguel Rojas will start at SACA base, Kicky Hernandez will be at third base. Into nice game, and also a different spot in the lineup. Will Smith will bat in the three spot, and the red hot Freddie Freeman will drop down to the clean up position.
Speaker 4: Freddie Freeman is going to join us a little bit later on the show.
Speaker 9: See how was that for a setup?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Beautiful? Yeah, you know what's beautiful is watching Freddie hit.
Speaker 12: I mean we talk about Kershawn how he's in dird over his time since two thousand and eight. Here we are with Freddie Freeman in the league since twenty eleven, and he's still going as strong as anybody out there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thirteen consecutive games. Here's the other part that I mentioned last night during the ball game. Really the last couple of games that we've been playing, Freddy Freeman comes into last night's game. You talk about efficient runners in scoring position for sixty four average. I'm going to repeat that runners in scoring position Freddy Freeman to this point in the season, coming into last night, for sixty four batting average with runners in scoring position. That's really unreal numbers. And you look at the pitchers, they've not figured out a way to consistently throw two and get Freeman out.
Speaker 12: Isn't there something to be said about players like Freddie Freeman that smell RBIs and you aren't trying to do too much with the runner at third base.
Speaker 9: He's one of those guys too, that you have to check the lineup card, probably if you're the opposing manager, because you say, wait a minute, didn't he just bat you know, two minutes ago? It seems like that's like when you're hot. I said this at a broadcast I think it was in Atlanta. If you're red hot, it seems like it's an hour in between your advance, if you're in a slump's and oh my turn to hit again. Yeah, And that's just the feeling that you have. So if you're the opposing team and Freddie Freeman comes up and there's runners in scoring position, you may be better off walking him.
Speaker 12: Right now, speaking of slumps versus being on a hot streak, where would you say, show hey o Tani is right.
Speaker 9: Now in between. I think it depends on which swing, because we're beginning to see an infiltration of the swing where he pulls off of the ball, and I think that's when being over anxious. We're seeing guys now trying to work in I didn't really think David that the second half of last year did. We saw a lot of pitchers pitch him inside tightly, And if you look at numbers over the last three years in particular, the number that I see is that that has been problematic for show hey Otani. It problematic enters into the picture at all the way he hits overall, but it's the vault inside that has maybe given him some trouble. Then he started to hit it better last year. I didn't think again the second half of the season that he was crowded with a lot of pitches. We're beginning to see now an infiltration of pitches inside. I don't know if it's to set up something off speed away or if it's just say hey, word's gotten out. If you're going to crowd him, maybe it cannot extend his arms to get leverage.
Speaker 12: It feels like last year they were doing that, but they wouldn't do it again this year. Like you said, Rick, it feels like a doubling up of those types of pitches.
Speaker 9: And from a hitters standpoint, you've got to pay attention and somehow keep it fought with us filed on the computer if you file it upstairs in between the ears itself. How did teams pitch to you? Because some teams pitch differently than others. Obviously you'll have a pretty good scope on the individual pitchers, but how to teams not only pitch too, and sometimes look at the defensive alignment. The defensive alignment sometimes can tell you if they're going to pitch you inside or away.
Speaker 4: That's the chess match. Thanks Rick, you opened our eyes to a lot of different things.
Speaker 9: Well that's because you were asleep.
Speaker 12: Hey, thank you, Rick. The roof will be open tonight here at Chase Field. Back to back games and hopefully the ball flies for the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, All right, thanks a lot of guys. That's the Dodgers game plan. Dodger fans, you need a game plan too. How about starting your future to California and community college. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the red It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill it quickly. So enrolled today and I can go to college at dot com. Still to come. Here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Dodgers' lineup looks a little different with a left hander at Rodriguez on the mound. Tim never Rick Monday, we'll get you those keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight with Freddie Freeman. Dodgers Diamondbacks. First pitch is six forty. I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers ontack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Diamondbacks. Game two of this four game set. Rookie Sasaki on the mound. Ready to live that Zenchi sweet life. Here's your shot at an unforgettable night in Los Angeles with two premium Sweet tickets to a game later on this month, complete with gourmet food drinks and preferred parking.
Speaker 6: How you ask, can I get out there? Well, it's easy.
Speaker 2: Just scan the QR code at the Zench counter at any participating Rouse grocery store. Just go into our Ralphs, go into the deli counter, the zen She counter. You can't miss it, all that great sushi out there, and scan the QR code and enter your chance to win. This a once in a lifetime opportunity. It's free to do. Details at a five seventy la sports dot com rause grocery stores, find a participating one, head to the zen She counter right by the deli counter, scan that CU code Zenschi sushi, fast, fresh and.
Speaker 7: Easy, and now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 6: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 7: This this high and tight.
Speaker 12: Well, we are always honored and humbled whenever Freddie Freeman has time to join us. He's one of the best players in Major League Baseball, and certainly a great father, a great husband, and certainly one of the guys that you could say is the epitome of professionalism in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 4: Freddie, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 1: I appreciate those kinds of words.
Speaker 3: Thank you, David.
Speaker 12: How are you feeling at the end of a long road trip, the longest of the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I said right before we came on air, this is a long one. I think it's more for the fact of we've had all like night game getaway days. We've had a lot of couple of rangelays in Atlanta, just a lot of get in lates with no days off. And you know, we had a flight to Atlanta, which is four hours five hour flight here. So there's just a lot of extra things that went into this road trip, and especially the rain. I think the rain layers when you start your body, you stop your body, you start your body, there's an extra layer of tiredness that comes into play there. But you know, I think we got the first one under our belt. We obviously didn't get the first win here in Arizona, but I think we're all feeling a little bit better after the flight and hopefully things are a better result tonight.
Speaker 4: Is that something we don't fully appreciate.
Speaker 12: It's one thing to be the Dodgers, but everybody wants you guys playing prime time.
Speaker 4: There's not many day games.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I think that's the we are you gonna get this on.
Speaker 12: This is gonna be hey, it's it's the atmosphere of the stadium tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think the one o'clock getaway days, they're not gonna be there that much for us, And we understand it's the gate. You want to get more people if you like, just like the Marlins. If we start at four forty, there's a chance of getting those people that get off work at four or five that might see the game time starting. Oh maybe we'll come to the game gets more people, which is great. We want more fans at the games coming out to watch us play. But there is a little the thing that goes against us and that that we get in late. And you know, as much as you know we pride ourselves and being ready, they're like a couple of late fights can take a toll on you. And we feel good right now, so hopefully we can, you know, get back on the winning way tonight.
Speaker 12: Freddie Freeman is our guest. Freddie swinging the bat really well right now. Everybody focuses on what you're doing swing wise, approach wise, but is what you're doing right now a testament to the work that you put in after your ankle surgery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I feel like I'm doing the same thing. I had the same approach, my same routine, and I, like I've been saying the last coal year, I feel like I've been fighting a cut swing for the last couple of years, and it's not cutting right now. It's it's what I've been what I've been looking for for a long time, and everything's going up through the middle. Just like in Miami, I had a couple of low pictures. I was able to say through them and hit him into the gaps. And if I had my cut swing that I've been trying to fight against and not have, I would have rolled those over ifout those off, or swung and miss. So sometimes you're just feeling good. No, there's no rhyme or reason to it. It's the same thing I'm doing every single day, getting ready for each and every game. But right now the swing is going through the middle.
Speaker 12: But it's remarkable, Freddie. Most guys I went through what you did last postseason, not only with the ankle but the ribs. To play through it and play at that level and then have ankle surgery during the off season and not skip a beat. That doesn't happen. But that's a testament to your work ethic.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that, I really do. I do appreciate those words. In my mind, I'm just doing this what I expect myself to do. I did put in a lot of work trying to get back as fast as I could. It's still work in progress. Like I just was on the table for about an hour and a half to get to come out here and do my drills and get ready for this game. So it's still going, you know. But I'm in a good spot physically with my ankle, my ribs. We've worked on that still too, just because of what happened in Japan and we weren't really thinking about my and then all of a sudden flaired up again real quick. So we've been working on that, keeping that hopefully in check. So I in my mind, it's just I'm just trying to do my job and do what is it expected of me. So I understand there's been a lot of things that happened in the off season with surgeries and stuff like that, but I'm in a good spot physically where I can go out there and be myself.
Speaker 12: Freddy Freeman is our guest all right, Freddie, I think we always have short memories and anything. Things just fix themselves automatically. Nobody really has asked you how your son Maximus is doing.
Speaker 4: Is it still a work in progress?
Speaker 6: How is he doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So I think we I think also gave an update about closely about a month ago. We were told by the interlog just he's about eighty percent. If you were to see him on a couch, if you walked into the room and someone the couch, you'd have no idea there's anything going that. He even had Yambret.
Speaker 6: So he looks great.
Speaker 1: He's I'm still as stubborn as I am, so, but he does we are He still does pt multiple times a week. His ankle flextion dorsey flection at the top of his ankle on his left side is not all the way back. There's little reminders still that he's still healing. Just like in spring training he had like a little cacti spike in his left foot and he had no idea it was in there because his nerves are still regrowing and getting in healing. So there's little reminders, but he's obviously well on his way. The neurologist said, I don't know if he's he's going to be an Olympic track runner. I said his last name is Freeman. He had never had that in his cards anyways. But he's going to be okay, and longer than we thought, because we were hoping to he'd be, you know, close to one hundred now, but it's looking maybe hopefully by you know, July August that he'll be completely back normal.
Speaker 12: Love it, Freddy, And with Mother's Day on Sunday, you're always in our thoughts. And I know Chelsea's done a great job being a mom to your kids. And I know your mom's with you every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, when I when I was younger, Mother's Day was a little tough after my mom passed away. But now I know that she's she's looking down with the perfect seat to everything that's going on. And Chelsea is an incredible mother. So Mother's Day is a little bit happier these days now, but I'll be always in remembrance of my mom, And you know, Chelse's an incredible mother. So I can't wait to get home on Sunday and see here.
Speaker 12: Well, Freddie Freeman's an incredible person. I never forget the dads. Everybody loves the kids and the moms, and rightfully so. But I give a lot of kudos to Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we're not dad with our at our wives either, so it's always Mother's Day, no doubt.
Speaker 12: I should listen to Freddie Freeman more. I wouldn't be in the doghouse as much as I am.
Speaker 4: Thanks Freddy, I appreciate thanks.
Speaker 9: David.
Speaker 4: There he is the man Freddie Freeman listening back to you in the studio.
Speaker 6: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, Freddie, Thanks a lot.
Speaker 2: DV Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shakys dot Com.
Speaker 6: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll break down this starting pitching matchup tonight.
Speaker 6: So Dodgers and Diamondbacks Arizona.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Wrongo Krissine, Oh, Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers in Diamondbacks, Game two of this four game set Snakes took the opener the last night. Dodgers looking to get back at tonight. First pitch from Chase Field.
Speaker 7: That's six forty and now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchups presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Work hard and play hard at a new Tacoma with an I Force Turbo Charts engine. It's a truck built for the bowld See your Toyota dealer today.
Speaker 6: They make it easy.
Speaker 2: And Guardo Rodriguez on the mound of for Arizona one in three five ninety two era, thirty two year old left hander from Venezuela, tenth season in the Big Leys, Red Sox Tigers, now his second season with the Diamondbacks. You may remember the Dodgers were thinking about acquiring at the trade down a couple of years ago, and he didn't waive his no trade claws because he didn't want to pitch out West.
Speaker 6: I want to stay on the East Coast.
Speaker 2: He signed a deal multi year deal to pitch in the Desert with the Diamondbacks. All right, making his eighth start this season, looking for his first home win. His diamonback His next strikeout will be his twelve hundredth of his career. Last time out, five and a thirty eightings, four runs, five hits, ten strikeouts and a no decision against the Phillies to sixth career start. Second is the Diamondback against the Dodgers mass Lead last made a start against him on September second of last year at Chase Field. Three earned runs in four innings in a loss. Rookie Sasaki on the mound for the Dodgers one to one three eighty six ERA twenty three year old right hender out of Japan, the thirteenth Japanese born player to wear a Dodger uniform. Making his eighth start this season last time out, six runs, three hits, three strikeouts, four strikeout, three hits and four strikeouts in a win over the Atlanta Braves, his first in the Major leagues. Looking to get his second tonight, Sasaki has limited Aponing hit batting average to a two to fourteen this season while striking out twenty four in thirty and a third innings pitched Roki Sasaki and Wuaro Rodriguez Dodgers Diamondbacks were fifteen minutes away from first pitch Keys in the game. Our next, I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 2: Long Dodgers in Diamondbacks, Game two of this four game set. Rokie Sasaki, looking for his second win in the Big leagues last time out against the Braves, got his first win as a Dodger at Wardo Rodriguez on the mountain. The left hander will go for Arizona because the left hander is on the mound. The Dodgers they've got Will Smith in the lineup, of course. He got Kekey Hernandez playing third base in place of Max Munsey and mcguil Rojas playing second base. Getting the start tonight as Chris Taylor batting ninth in left field.
Speaker 6: Let's head back out.
Speaker 2: To Chase Field one final check in before first pitch with Tim Nevererd and Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Guys, Tim, thanks again, we get you ready for this ball game here tonight in Phoenix, Arizona. Rokie Sasaki getting the start one and one, and he's doing it for the first time on five day rest. Typically he's gone on six days rest pitching once a week. Same for Yamamoto last night ran into trouble his first time this season pitching on five days rest.
Speaker 3: How much of a difference should that make for a.
Speaker 9: Guy like Sosaki. Well, I think it comes down to one or two questions. Is it from a mental standpoint where you're used to assist them where all creatures of habit or is it from a physical standpoint in recouping your strength and not have aching muscles. We're gonna find out a little bit more on that end of it. But when Sasaki gets a hit, here's a big, big number. When he gets ahead the count, it's just a one to three batting average against him. So basically he puts a lot of emphasis throw strikes and throw them early in the count.
Speaker 8: One key thing to look for tonight do the Diamondbacks come out with an aggressive approach?
Speaker 3: Do they go after the first pitch?
Speaker 8: Of the twenty four hits that Sasaki has surrendered this year, seven of them have come on the first pitch, and he's had a lot of aggressive swingers in the game against him.
Speaker 9: And we mentioned last night that the Diamondbacks were swinging early in the count. Did they repeat it tonight? And repeat it for very good reason.
Speaker 8: For the Diamondbacks, said Wardo Rodriguez, going the left hander is one in three, and the veteran has been beaten up really in his last three starts. Last three starts, he's given up a total of sixteen runs, fifteen of those earned in his era over that period of time eight forty four.
Speaker 9: He's a little bit strange. The Dodgers have only three left handed batters in their lineup tonight, Otani, Freeman, and Outman. The reason I bring attention to that lefties have hit over three hundred against Rodriguez, who, by the way, is a left handed pitcher.
Speaker 8: So it said Wardo Rodriguez and Roki Sasaki. That's your pitching matchup for Game two. As we get ready to play the second game of this four game weekend set in Phoenix, Arizona's em all.
Speaker 2: Right, first pitches next, enjoyed everybody, Dodgers and Diamondbacks from the Desert.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kasey's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers. Allio Nour