Speaker 1: Shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of idiotology. We'll let you taco one on one one w JR R.
Speaker 2: But your freaking idiots all right, This hour brought you by our Rock the Bank cash giveaways. We'll be kicking back into those around about two hours from now nine oh five is you'll get the first keyword of the day you enter at WJR dot com or website each hour. Yeah, there'll be thirteen chances in all today. You can enter every single hour with that hour's keyword and someone's randomly pick pick to win a grand Not bad for just having a radio station on and entering a keyword each hour.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and remember this tip. If you enter the keywords, even if you enter three of them today or ten whatever, you decide, if your phone rings the following hour, pick it up even if you don't know the number, because it could be prize headquarters and if you don't pick it up, they go to the next person.
Speaker 2: So we would also encourage you to bookmark our web webpage wj dot com. That way, you just have it handy. You can, you know, hear the keyword each hour around five after just let me put it. The contest box pops open in a little slot you can type the keyword.
Speaker 3: In easy handy. Yeah, sorry a child in man. You know uh.
Speaker 2: I think we all are now all too aware that the best intentions may or harmless intentions may mushroom back or boomerang back on you, especially in the work setting, to cause issues. You gotta be you gotta be on your guard at all times in the work world now yecause you never know what you're gonna say. Do look at the wrong way you get me right, Just.
Speaker 3: Go with the flow and and don't don't upset people.
Speaker 2: It's kind of a good way to put A woman in England sued her former company after a co worker took an online personality test for her. Was supposed to determine which Star Wars character you were based on the responses to the questions of the online personality test What follow me here? This woman's name is Lorna Rook. She was working as a supervisor at a blood donation center in England in twenty twenty one when a handful of her co workers took an online personality test for fun, just some office fun. Laurna was on the phone and was too busy to take the test, so one of the co workers answered questions for Laurna to determine which Star Wars character she would be based on her personality, Darth Vader. Huh. So she was not amused by this, even though the test actually kind of spun being the Darth Vader character in a good way, saying that Darth Vader meant that you were a very focused individual who could bring teams together.
Speaker 3: But now you're a bitch, you manager, is what it meant.
Speaker 2: Lorna said it made her feel unpopular at work. She quit the next month filed a lawsuit claiming hostile work environment. Won the lawsuit company must pay her forty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Not surprised at all in this PC world, she was bullied. Pat. She went to go to the cry room, but somebody was already in there. Just good night. I'll tell you man this day, but you don't do things like that. We used to joke around if you left your email open, like now we carry our computers around with us, but Pat, you have your computer over there, your email's open. We used to get on there and say and we would we would send an email to ten guys saying, hey, want to have a glass of wine, And it was the we did it with our boss. Our boss would do it.
Speaker 2: I know things.
Speaker 3: Oh my, honest, we could just open our mouths about certain things.
Speaker 4: It's just the book one day, the book. One day we will oh yeah, the book. He has this plan that he's gonna what do you call it? Cot, what do you I'm going to do the right I will be the writer of Well, it'll be mainly about you, but but obviously obviously part of you is our time together, and I've beard witness to many things. The word unspeakable comes to mind as a common denominator.
Speaker 3: So what it comes down to is, you're going to put out a book about this show. But he doesn't understand that if you're going to do that, you do it while you're still kind of on the air to promote it.
Speaker 2: We can't though, Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot because the best parts we anyway, I don't even want.
Speaker 3: To And no, we're not those guys that are going to write a book like, hey, look at us. You need to read a book about us, you know, like other people do. But now we're not doing that.
Speaker 2: It'll be a book that answers very many questions to get asked us on a still continual basis, uh huh about stuff. Well, let's leave it at that.
Speaker 3: Let's leave it at that and go with off of the Darth Vader thing. We have a dad joke slash Star Wars joke combination. Darth Vader goes into donut shopping orders and only one Kenobi or only one Canoli. Come on, man, dad jokes.
Speaker 2: Thank you for that.
Speaker 3: My wife called me out on a dad joke the other day.
Speaker 2: You gotta wear that like a badge hunter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: We will be the told you I was walking through a Costco the other day. I was like looking for nuts. I'm going nuts, and I said, that was the coolest dad joke ever because I'm looking for nuts. Get it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Uh huh. I have followed it up with a couple more singers passing Canoli, would you? Uh huh.
Speaker 2: We will be the first to admit that when the whole TikTok thing started to take off, we pushed back and.
Speaker 3: We're like, we're not We're not TikTok talking because it started out with people dancing.
Speaker 2: Silly little dance videos. But obviously TikTok is mushroomed into something much more and has so many legit purposes for its existence. This is not one of those what somebody do a new and concerning trend gaining traction on TikTok. Here's the gist of this deal. This is a spin on the old jam something in the electric outlet wow, Only that something is the ports on your chromebook in school age groups where kids are jamming all sorts of objects into their chromebooks in an effort to get them to catch fire and in some cases melt.
Speaker 3: Are these school distributed chromebooks?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 5: It's more than just a trend. You know, it causes a lot of disruption.
Speaker 6: It became clear that the damage was done intentionally, that it wasn't a malfunctioning chromebook, but rather a student had intentionally done things to it that caused it to smoke and eventually melt.
Speaker 5: The batteries that are that are essentially catching on fire once they burned there, they're producing these this toxic smoke.
Speaker 3: Told you my big shock story. Glenyard's junior high science class. I don't want to say his last name because he probably still lives here. Gary m a buddy of mine, and he was driving in ninth grade. Smart genius guy. I wasn't like one of the you know, he's seventeen, and now.
Speaker 2: There was always like one or two that you went to school with who were freshmen. It got that driver's license before everybody else, just because where their birthday fell in the calendar.
Speaker 3: So he was driving to school early, had to park off campus his car keys. I grabbed him and jammed it in one of the outlets right to see what, just to get a reaction of the thing. Holy god, it was a science class that It was one of those eight thousand water you know, got the bunching burners exactly. I know nothing about electricity, So anybody who's tempercent electric bear with me, but pat, when I put that thing in there, the whole class turned around. I almost went through a window and I hit if you remember, and the old school buildings had those heaters mounted on.
Speaker 2: The wall, right, yeah, you know that four up the wall in their angle that thing.
Speaker 3: When I hit it, I must have got an extra jolt or something. I'd almost launched me through the window. I was. I haven't been the same since.
Speaker 2: That explained a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's it. Gary Midair's keys.
Speaker 2: Short circuited in ninth grade.
Speaker 3: Gary, I hoped the car. He had a badass car. He could work on cars. Cool dude, man, you know, like very intelligent like I was until I stuck the key in there and then it just ended the intelligence street.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: Speaking of intelligence, I was gonna give this guy credit for being quite creative and intelligent for a way of dealing with squatters that had moved into one of his properties.
Speaker 3: But I mentioned his car key because I kind of ruined it and that was how he's getting home. Oh, it's screwed up the key itself. God, yeah, it gave me brain damage. What do you think it did to the key?
Speaker 2: I thought it would just conduct the electricity.
Speaker 3: It was a conducive. All right, So what do you do the squatters?
Speaker 2: Okay, this guy, Marco Velasquez, Chicago, he lives in the Chicago suburbs, has a home that's for sale. He's not living in it. It's for sale. Squatters moved in. Yeah, happens all the time. Unfortunately, he can't get him out.
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 2: The laws in Illinois make it next to impossible to get squatters out within it without a long drawn out eagle process. That is going to cost you a lot of money. Well, thank god here in Florida, they changed that. Marco decided to move in with the squatters. There you go, him and some friends moved in. It didn't work. They didn't leave the Squire's I know that we bought this place.
Speaker 3: It's legit.
Speaker 2: I have this story on our Facebook page, Scumback Squatters. It wasn't the first time they'd done this. It's this way it turned. The woman who was running this whole thing here turns out she draws up fake you know, mortgage stuff and all this, and when the authorities go, we have a mortgage for this, and we bought this, and that starts any legal process that the actual homeowner might want to start. And in the meantime, they can't remove The police in that state cannot remove these people from the property, so they continue to live there.
Speaker 3: We saw it here forever until they finally corrected it and said if you're squat and you're gone.
Speaker 2: So that's this is where I thought, Okay, that's genius. Just move in with him, drive them right out of the house. Yeah, didn't work. So this is where I'm like, dude, you gotta be kidding. He ends up stroking them a forty three hundred dollars check in exchange for their keys. They started by demanding eight thousand dollars. You failed, Mark or whatever.
Speaker 3: Marco, you dummy, Marco, get the fumigation tent and and fume it. I'm telling you they're nothing, but those are cockroaches. I agree, And you're fumigating cockroaches. And once you sit down a court of law and say I had cockroaches in there, I had varmints. There were all kinds of varmints. The judge is gone on and give it probation. Problem. Maybe if even that community service.
Speaker 2: Maybe a maybe you would give you a medal
Speaker 4: Stay