Speaker 1: My billy cutting in the Great American I monitor all events simultaneously around the world.
Speaker 2: One thing happening this morning.
Speaker 1: I watch MSNBC, I watched CNN, I watched Fox News, I watched Newsmax. All about what's happening today at noon in the House of Representatives, and the most are saying that we won't have a speaker. It won't be white smoke from the Sistine Chapel until later this afternoon. But a man on the floor walking in close is Warren Davidson, congressman from the I think is it the eighth congressional district?
Speaker 2: I have the number, correct, Congressman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the eighth thing. It's the west side of Cincinnati, goes right to the city limits and then goes about to throw the way up the Indiana lines. Get Western Hamilton, Butler, Preble, dark in a little bit of Miami County.
Speaker 2: All right, what's going to happen?
Speaker 1: I'm watching the news cable show said it's not going to happen today. The media is rooting for chaos, confusion, and a crisis. They want to demonstrate that you Republicans are incompetent, you don't know what you're doing. You can't pick a later all hell's break and loose. What is the reality. Do we have white or black smoke over the Systeine Chapel? Do we have a speaker?
Speaker 3: Well, Congress needs to be laser focused on implementing the Agenda forty seven. That's what the Republican Party said as the platform at the convention is Donald Trump's plan to make America great again. And look, the base has got, you know, just reasons to be upset with Mike Johnson. Thomas Massey's given a voice to that. He's definitely gonna vote. No. We can lose one vote, but if we lose too, he's not gonna have the votes. And you know, I think I think Mike Johnson finds a way to put the deal together. You can't have a stronger ally than Donald Trump, but he's worked hard to seal the votes. Donald Trump wants Mike Johnson. I think Donald Trump's the leader of our parties. We support him and get them there. Look, you know Patton said it, well, you know, a good plan well executed beats you know, today, beats a perfect plan next week. And I think that's what we're up against right here.
Speaker 2: Well, it's all about the numbers.
Speaker 1: There's two hundred and nineteen Republicans, two hundred and fifteen Democrats, and I guess the extra congressional seats not been determined yet. And so if the number gets to be two eight if the number gets to be two seventeen, let's say two, don't do it. If the votes two seventeen for the Republican Mike Johnson and two fifteen for a Keem Jefferies, is Johnson the speaker each got the majority of those casting the ballots, but not to two eighteen. Does it take two eighteen or two seventeen.
Speaker 3: It takes a majority of those president voting, and you can vote, you can vote president. Uh. And you know there's ways to game this. Chad Pergrim, you know, good guy from Butler County, grew up there, but he's a Fox analyst. He put a breakdown on this, and it gets, you know, sort of tricky in terms of how the gamesmanship could go. Here. Reality is if you if you've only got two people and he got two seventeen to two fifteen, we haven't elected a speaker yet, so it'll be another ballot.
Speaker 1: All right, What is the issue, Thomas Massey, I've had him on many times. I like the guy a lot. He has offered some personal tragedies of late, which is the unfortunate demise of his beautiful wife, and he was perceived as being possibly a cabinet nominee that didn't work out. Thomas Massey's main point is that Donald Trump supported Paul Ryan speaker and how did that work out?
Speaker 2: Answer is not very well.
Speaker 1: And so the Trumpster now is in the most powerful position any Republican has ever been in when it comes to influence in the House of Representatives. The main issue Massy has is federal government spending. We borrow a new trillion dollars of fresh cash every one hundred days. Suddenly we're going to be bankrupt. And many have talked about the fact that we have to greatly increase the debt limit well above thirty seven trillion dollars to function in the government. Does Congress and Massey have a point about saying that we are essentially bankrupt and we can't keep doing what we're doing, and the fact that Trump supported Paul Ryan didn't work out so well. He says, well, maybe this won't work out.
Speaker 2: So well either. Talk.
Speaker 1: First of all, the issue of the debt, and the deaf said, explain that to the American people.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, look, we're bankrupt in our country. I think everybody realizes that. You know, there's people out there saying, oh, you have a printing press, you can just print more money. And that's true. During COVID era, we kind of proved that you can print more money. But that doesn't mean that the money will buy the same amount of stuff. That's the nature of inflation. We printed more money. Now it takes more money to buy the same basket of goods that you used to buy. You just don't have the kind of spending power you used to have. And look Massy's Thomas Massey had a great exchange with former Speaker Newt Gingrich on Twitter. You know, Gingridge kind of called out people that were like, you guys need to get in line and get behind Johnson, and you know, you know, he challenged anyone to debate, and Massey said, challenge accepted and laid out a pretty good case for why he's voting the way that he is. And I respect Thomas Massey's you know, man with no guile, people, what's he after? He looks at every vote discreetly, He votes what he believes is the right thing. And I do think some of that that's, you know, exactly what we need, and I respect it, and I think everyone that really knows him does that. He's not trying to manipulate the game for personal things. There are other people that may. We'll see how that goes. But you know, the point he makes is valid in terms of Mike Johnson. He wouldn't have gotten the job if he'd done the things. If he said he was going to do the things that he ended up doing as speaker, he had a pretty rough stretch this last Congress. He wasn't you know, he got the job because everybody likes Mike Johnson. He's a nice guy, but his results haven't been great. And you know, it's a little bit of a thing against President Trump. He did a head off to say you're fired a lot in his first term because he did hire some bad folks and they didn't execute the plan well. But I think that you know, Trump is going to call the plays and we're going to have to execute him. Here. Massey's critique is even in the little home stretch here, where the basic play was don't do an omnibus. You know, Johnson went with Democrats to do a sort of mini omnibus with fifteen hundred some pages and giant plan. He's like, you can't have this guy. And I think Trump's like, no, no, I know who I'm dealing with, Ridney Johnston. Let's roll. And I think most of the party is going to say Trump's the leader of our party. Let's get in line and make it happen.
Speaker 1: Well, the most important thing is changing. The people of America voted for change. They voted for reform. When I saw the first news conference of the FBI, et cetera after the massacre in New Orleans and the special Agent in charge of the FBI in New Orleans, I think it's the Southern District of Louisiana had a nose ring and she's telling us this is not terrorism. There's no evidence this is terrorism. When a shall we say a Muslim, a Muslim with a pickup truck is rolling down Bourbon Street and also what's happening is he has an ISIS flag on the back of his truck.
Speaker 2: Now there's a clue, Charlock.
Speaker 1: It didn't take a brilliant investigator and say, you know, that might be terrorism. We need complete reform as you may know, of the Department of Justice, the FBI, the Department of Defense. When we have FBI Special ass in charge with the nosering at a news conference saying that there's no evidence of terrorism when the ISIS flag is flown over Bourbon Street? How about that, Sherlock? Is that evidence? Do you get fired up about this kind of stuff like I do? And secondly, I'm glad you brought that up. The chairman of All State and they sponsor the Sugar Bowl, did this opening ad yesterday for the Notre Dame Great Victory, and he talked about America's addiction to divisiveness and negativity. We must be willing to accept persons imperfections. That's the president of All State. I'm not in good hands telling America, you know what, You're addicted to divisiveness and negativity and you have to be more willing to accept people's imperfections like flying the ISIS flag on Bourbon Street and killing fourteen people.
Speaker 2: Can you smell what I'm cooking?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, he needs the people's elbow. Somebody needs to come off the top rope. And I'm pretty sure when he shows up to the board meeting they might be delivering that to him. I'm sure the shareholders are out there selling like crazy. People are probably like, man, if I only knew his short all State, you know, terrible, terrible, you know, ad by all State, And you're right. You know, Look, this is why Trump's campaign has to be followed through on. And we've got to get cash to tell run in the FBI. We've got to get to Gabbard as the Director of National Intelligence. We got to get Pete hag Seth in at the Department of Defense. Weve got to get Robert F. Kennedy controlling our helping human services and provide accountability for all this disinformation, misinformation and frankly police state stuff that went on during COVID. And you know why do they keep doing it? Well, because you didn't punish him last time. Then people say that sounds like retribution. That's not retribution, that's justice, and that's exactly what people want. And that's why we need to get pivot right off of the get into offense starting at noon right now in this next vote coming up, and we need to elect the speaker and get on offense. Well.
Speaker 1: The chairman President of also and also said that the MASCAR of Americans was an imperfection. Well, we do our best, but try not to kill fourteen people while you're at it. And lastly, with what degree of confidence do you say, Congressman Davidson, now by the close of business today, we'll have a new speaker.
Speaker 3: Well, I can't say that I'm one hundred percent confidence. There's certainly a possibility that this won't turn out that way, but I do feel confident we're going to elect a good speaker and we're going to run President Trump's offense. So I think people are committed to doing that and I'm looking forward to it. And I look, we're gonna have not just President Trump, We're going to have a great Ohioan, our current senator and soon to be Vice President jd. Vance. I think people are right to have a lot of energy and enthusiasm, and I really look forward to doing my share of the task to make America great again.
Speaker 2: Is Matt Gates? There is he actually reason out there.
Speaker 3: He started at o In. I mean he was on TV at oa In last night, so I think he started his contract there. But technically he won an election in November, so some people are speculating he could come and take his oath. But I think you would have an ethics challenge again because you can't earn money. You can't earn money, you know, significant money outside of you know, your investment and things like that. You can't get paid a salary from somebody else and be in Congress.
Speaker 1: Well, Nancy Pelosi did. She's worth two hundred and fifty million dollars. I guess that's a different issue, but none that. There was speculation this morning that Matt Gates would be there and then he gets sworn in and then vote and the OAN one America's network like a cable network. I think he started last night. But who Matt Gates doesn't always care about ethics, so what the hell?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 1: He could be an important vote? So is he the one vote missing of the of the of the two nineteen to two fifteen to see the one vote he's.
Speaker 3: The one thee Yeah, because it's like at least Deephonic in Mike Waltz. We're both nominated for positions in the Trump administration. Stefonic for you an ambassador and Waltz for National Security Advisor. But they won't start until January twentieth, so they should be here in present in voting for the speaker. Surely.
Speaker 1: All right, Congressman, I know you're on the floor getting there, and we'll see what happens, hopefully by two three o'clock today. But you're predicting, are you predicting? On the first ballot he will not be the speaker, but by the second or third he will be.
Speaker 3: Well, look, I don't know that the first ballot will be smooth. I don't know whether they'll close the vote or not, but I think there'll be a little bit of drama on the first ballot. At what I do think we're going to elect Mike Johnson speaker today.
Speaker 1: All right, Congressman Warren Davidson of the eighth Congressional District, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, and we'll see what you know. The media is rooting for chaos, confusion, and hopefully there's some sense that we have to get on with the people's business. Elect Mike Johnson and away we go. And Congressman Davidson, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nevertheless, keep calm and defend freedom. We got to get a fight to win, and so thanks for highlighting it. God bless you and all your listeners.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much Warren Davidson of the eighth Congressional District, and Leu's continue with more, and this morning. There's one thing the media demands and the Democrats, and that is complete confusion and chaos and havoc, which I kind of enjoy myself, by the way, but one thing that Keem Jefferies cannot be elected the speaker, and the Democrats are hoping he's going to get two hundred and fifteen votes and that somehow there will be such difficulties on the Republican side that somehow Hakeem Jeffries, the Brooklyn Liberal, will sneak in and become the speaker.
Speaker 2: We pray that doesn't occur. So let's continue with more.
Speaker 1: And by the way, the ballards is spelled b ll ards, the ballards that pop out of the ground. The reason they weren't in place is because there were a lot of New Orleans beads there from several months ago, which was last April, that had made the up and down movement of these ballards impossible, and the City of New Orleans didn't fix it.
Speaker 2: So put that in your pipe and smoke it. Continue with more.
Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham, the Great American Live and shown me the Bengals playing Tomorrow Night for all the marvels we hope on news radio seven hundred ww