Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: By the way, when we end the show, I'm gonna accuse Elon Musk of doing too many penis jokes.
Speaker 3: Bastard.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine?
Speaker 3: What are you even talking about?
Speaker 4: Nothing? I'm going off on a tangent. Oh, how unusual?
Speaker 1: And now Handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: Yep, it is a Wednesday. It's a home day, February twenty six, a couple more.
Speaker 4: Days, and the month is Phoene. It's over chaw baby.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get this cursor going correctly here so I can get the microphone working or my.
Speaker 4: Monitor working. Anybody suffering from a cold, because I'm dying from one. Here, I'm just snorting and sniveling.
Speaker 2: I was up most of the night coughing, having nightmares about this show.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine having nightmares about a show?
Speaker 2: And then you come into the reality about a show?
Speaker 4: So it continues on, very disconcerting.
Speaker 3: What's the nightmare about this show? What about it?
Speaker 4: All of it?
Speaker 3: Look at us.
Speaker 5: We're a pleasure to work with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pleasure, that's the word i'd use. Well well said, that's the first word that.
Speaker 2: Would come to mind, you know, just you know, waking up the show doesn't do well. You know, I say things that I shouldn't say, things that I shouldn't say. I'll say things that can get me in trouble. And the dump button doesn't work. By the way, for those of you that don't know, we're on a delay exactly for people like me. So in case I say something wrong, oops, that doesn't go on the air because.
Speaker 4: The FCC has a little issue with certain words.
Speaker 2: And so anyway, those are the on the nightmares. Then I come on and I deal with the same thing over. It's groundhog Day, is what it is? You deal with yourself? Yes, pretty much, Yeah, it's pretty much. It's that that's worth some therapy, all right. Good morning to the crowd, Cono, good morning and morning.
Speaker 3: Billy Billy no, no please, Billy Bob, Sorry.
Speaker 2: No, Billy Bob, Billy Willy no no, I let yeah, I'm not even Willy Wolf.
Speaker 4: But I let two people get away with it. And that's it.
Speaker 3: Mister H.
Speaker 4: Pardon, mister H. Misstreach works, strange works. Yeah, it's okay, Amy, good morning.
Speaker 5: Hi Bill.
Speaker 2: Oh there you go, happy happy happy, uh and uh and as you what are you cleaning the uh, your desk area.
Speaker 5: I'm cleaning my monitor.
Speaker 3: Oh oh that's a monitor.
Speaker 2: You're right, your monitor is on your Oh all right, fair enough.
Speaker 4: And Neil Morning, Neil Handleman.
Speaker 3: The nightmare continues.
Speaker 4: It does.
Speaker 2: It does a lot going on today. Some politics we're going to talk about.
Speaker 4: Jim Keeney is going to join us.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk to Stephen Portnoy, ABC News national correspondent Washington, big news about the White House press pool.
Speaker 4: And that just caught a little I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I like him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, he's very good. You know, he's very good.
Speaker 3: I just like his demeanor in the way he delivers news.
Speaker 4: I do like him.
Speaker 2: Uh. It's a since our affiliation with ABC, I don't know how long it's been going on, and we have access to ABC reporters across the country.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: It makes uh, I think for a better news reporting really does. Also it makes us sound better, you know, ABC.
Speaker 4: As opposed to uh put cooima based never mind what it just sound.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we we have a you know, a white House press on, a White House KFI reporter. Now, who's in the White House. Well, we're gonna find out if he stays in the White House.
Speaker 4: That's one of the stories we're gonna do. Yeah, I wonder. I don't think he's in the mix in terms of getting tossed. I don't know.
Speaker 2: All right, So we've got a lot going on as we start the show on this Wednesday, and let's do it. It is time for Handle on the News on a hump Day, February twenty sixth, with Amy King, Neil Savedra and moa least sorry.
Speaker 3: Not doing it, please please, Well.
Speaker 2: Certainly looks like and no surprise, Congress is moving towards an absolute capitulation and I wouldn't even call it a capitulation, and just following exactly what the Trump agenda is. There is no republic congressional agenda. It doesn't exist. It is exactly what Trump wants he gets. There used to be some pushback, even in a president's own party. The president would advance whatever piece of legislation. Certainly the other party on the other side has all kinds of issues with it and many times votes against it. And even within the president's party there would be some pushback. Doesn't exist anymore. Mike Johnson has made it very clear speaker of a house. He has been put on this earth to move forward Trump's agenda. He wakes up in the morning saying what can I do? Goes to bed every night, what can I do for this man? This is why I am here to make sure the president gets what he wants. And there has been a give and take what Trump wants? Is this all encompassing, huge, men omnimous bill of everything he wants, which almost never happens. And even Republican congress people were saying, hey, let's break it up. We have to look at these issues individually. Trump said no, they got it through. Mike Johnson was able to.
Speaker 4: Pull it off.
Speaker 2: One Republican who's a deficit hawk, voted against it.
Speaker 4: One that was not enough to stop it.
Speaker 2: And when I'm talking about stopping Trump's agenda either we're talking about simply breaking up this legislation and dealing with it piece by peace, which normally happens.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll see what happens coming up. I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: One of the things is Trump's and this is not just Trump, this is every president, is that the deficit is completely out of control. One point a trillion dollar deficit. That's one point eight trillion dollars more money than is being spent by the government that then comes in to the government. Doesn't matter. There's no such thing as a deficit hawk anymore.
Speaker 4: Used to be.
Speaker 2: I mean when Democrats are in control, of course, there's deficit hawks.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, look at all.
Speaker 2: This money you're spending. Not when you've got a Republican not when you have this president. And this goes to show you the power this man has. It is extraordinary within the party. All right, still one more and we'll take a break and move on ahead.
Speaker 5: Oh you mentioned this bill.
Speaker 6: The White House is changing how and who gets access to the president. The White House said yesterday that its officials will determine which news outlets can regularly cover President Trump. The Press Secretary Lovett said at the Daily Briefing. The White House Press team in this administration will determine who gets to enjoy the very privileged and limited access in spaces such as Air Force one and the OVAL. Select group of DC based journalists should no longer have a monopoly of press access at the White House.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, the problem is is that nobody has a monopoly because you have the Correspondence Association and they it's a rotating basis, and the question becomes is.
Speaker 4: How broad is this pool of reporters.
Speaker 2: It was mainstream, only recently they've added also online reporting, and also depends on I don't have a problem with the president saying I'm the one that's going to determine. It's just how broad is it going to be? And I don't know the answer to that. We're going to find out. If it's only people that are pro Trump that gets problematic, well.
Speaker 5: There wouldn't be anybody.
Speaker 3: In the room.
Speaker 5: H it'd be like three.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, they you'd find some. You'd find some.
Speaker 2: You'd find that the eighteen year old guy in Saskatchewan who is a Trumpist. But you're right, you're right, so right now, the bias, it's fair to say, you're right, Amy, the bias is against him right now.
Speaker 4: The mainstream media is not.
Speaker 2: Well, it's basically it's accused of being liberal. And guess what, it's liberal who.
Speaker 6: Cares and trouble lovesaid he loves sparring with the media.
Speaker 4: Oh he does. I mean he just he did it.
Speaker 5: For like an hour yesterday.
Speaker 4: Of course he does all right.
Speaker 2: Entertainment with a capital bold bold face d e all right, all right.
Speaker 3: A Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department deputy is among eighteen people indicted by a grand Journey this week in what they refer to as a sophisticated drug smuggling operation within the county jail system. So half those indicted are already in jail right now, while the other half were free citizens. It ties into a collaboration with associates of the Mexican Mafia prison gang and pretty pretty hard or stuff. The l a DA Nathan Hawkman announced the unceiling of this ground granjury indictment just yesterday evening.
Speaker 5: Amy, Wow, oh, nothing to say about that?
Speaker 4: Huh? Okay? You know, let me ask you.
Speaker 2: Would it be easier for me to say I got nothing?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 2: And then we know we move on because I usually do usually got something. I usually have something, maybe something I got noted in, so I'll do that.
Speaker 6: So you have to do it like Arnold Schwarzenegger like you just did, though I got nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah or zilchkuseg and yet, Okay, who's the boss?
Speaker 6: After weeks of refusing to answer the question, the White House has revealed the identity of Doge's acting administrator, it's Tony Nope, it's healthcare technology consultant Amy Gleeson, who little known in the ranks. Apparently, President Trump had said that he is in charge and he he has said that that Elon Musk does not have the authority to make decisions, but he speaks for Trump, and then Trump is ultimately accountable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's an interesting question there because I think the email that went out, You've got until yesterday eleven fifty nine or Monday night eleven fifty nine to tell us why the five things you did make any sense for what you did the last five weeks.
Speaker 4: Who signed that? Do we know? Because I don't Did that come from Musk?
Speaker 5: That came from Musk?
Speaker 2: It came from Usk individually. He posted it, you have and it was okay, okay. So with that, it looks like he has the ultimate power, and then the President is saying absolutely not. And the President is right, the buck stops here. You know that was by the way, you know who put that up on his desk one two three? You know who said that was Harry Truman on his desk. The buck stops here. Very interesting, President Truman. In any case, it's you know, Trump is right, and and so whatever is happening, Trump has the ultimate authority. People go that Musk is controlling Trump. No, no, no one controls Trump. He is very aware of his power. He has no problem wielding it. And whatever is being done. If he is unhappy at all, Musk is gone in two seconds.
Speaker 4: So we know.
Speaker 2: Now it's Amy Gleeson, who is the acting administrator for DOGE program. We don't even is DOGE an official department of the US. It's not even official. It's in some kind of an advisory board while consisting of Elon Musk.
Speaker 3: All right, Ukraine in the US have each an agreement of a framework for a broad economical deal that would include access to Ukraine's rare earth minerals. We've talked about this a little bit this week. The officials who are familiar with the matter spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly, but one of them said that Kiev hopes that signing the agreement will ensure the continued flow of US military that the Ukraine urgently needs. The agreement could be signed as early as this Friday.
Speaker 2: Now this one is interesting because you had Zelensky originally saying to Trump, you are dreaming.
Speaker 4: Trump says, will continue.
Speaker 2: To support you, or consider supporting you, if we get half of the mineral rights. In other words, whatever you sell, whatever is sold, we get fifty percent. Okay, this is the businessman Trump talking. And the pressure on Kiev is so great that Zelensky had the cave. There's no way Zelensky can go up against the United States.
Speaker 4: Great job against Russia.
Speaker 2: But once the United States joins Russia and in this sense not attacking he but simply saying we're stopping the arms.
Speaker 4: That's it. The second the arm stop, Ukraine loses this war. So under a great deal of.
Speaker 2: Pressure, says, okay, you can go ahead and have And we don't know the exact figures how much of our mineral rights or the minerals that we sell. However, is it a quid pro quote? Has the deal been struck?
Speaker 3: Struck?
Speaker 2: Does the United States continue to support Ukraine?
Speaker 4: Don't know, no idea.
Speaker 2: And Zelensky is going to be coming to the White House as a supplicant towards I think the end of the week, within a few days, to kiss the ring, and we'll see.
Speaker 4: What Trump does.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine Trump would not continue support, because what's he going to say? We want rights, We want you to say there's peace, and after all of that you.
Speaker 4: Get no support. I mean, does that make a lot of sense?
Speaker 2: So I think we're seeing a deal being made where all of.
Speaker 4: The cards are on the side of the United States.
Speaker 2: Kiev has none of it, and you got Russia sitting back and really enjoying it, saying, yep.
Speaker 4: We now have someone who is on our side.
Speaker 2: Also, keep in mind the deal that was struck, if there was a deal struck between in terms of establishing peace is between Russia and the United States.
Speaker 3: How's that for a peace conference?
Speaker 5: Way too close for comfort.
Speaker 6: A Southwest plane was landing at Chicago's Midway International Airport on final approach, just about to touch down when a business jet decided to cross the runway. So the Southwest Airlines plane that was on its way in from Omaha, Nebraska was able to basically do a touch and go took off again. And have you seen the video of this thing? I mean, like that business jet was right in the middle of the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would It was three seconds away from the getting nailed. If the plane had landed, that would have been it for everybody on both planes. It would have exploded in the fireball. Good for the pilots. And yes, the control tower, the traffic. There's two different kinds of people in the air and the ones. There's control tower that controls what happens on the ground. Told the pilot of the small plane, do not cross that runway, went ahead and did.
Speaker 5: It, told him nine times, do not go, do not go?
Speaker 2: And yeah, I think his license to fly may be at risk here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was going to ask you that, did they just pull that person's license and said.
Speaker 2: I think that they immediately pulled the license pending and investigation.
Speaker 4: That's my guess.
Speaker 5: Maybe their radio is broken.
Speaker 4: Well, so heart of the investigation.
Speaker 3: You know, you don't know if Amy and I, I tell you nine times, don't say that, don't say that, don't say that, don't say that, and you say it is that similar?
Speaker 4: No, because when you tell me not to, it's a guarantee.
Speaker 3: That I will. I know, because you're six, Thank your six year old boy, Thank you all righty. While using Apple's automatic dictation feature to send messages just on Tuesday, some iPhone users reportedly seeing what they're referring to as a peculiar bug. So the word racist was temporary, temporarily appearing as Trump before quickly correcting itself. Kind of a little blit that would happen, And The New York Times replicated it several times to make sure that it was really happening. And it's obviously provoked controversy. Someone put it up on a viral TikTok post and all of that, so some are saying it. Apple said artificial intelligence capability, you know, failed and did this, But there are some experts that are going, n it's either a prank or something, because somebody must have put that into the software code somewhere for it to do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how about that? Huh what a shocker?
Speaker 5: Well did you?
Speaker 6: The Apple spokesperson said the issue was due to a phonetic overlap between the two words, because racist and trump sounds so much alike.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, isn't that terrific?
Speaker 2: How about just saying one of our employees got that in, we missed it, and the employee now is working for some other company.
Speaker 4: You think that would have been easy.
Speaker 3: But no, And of course phonetic is spelled with a pee. But nobody argues about that anymore. That's correct.
Speaker 4: All right, we have one more and then we're going to take a break.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's fifty to fifty.
Speaker 6: More than a million federal workers have responded to that email from Elon Musk asking them to list five things that they did in the last week at their jobs. That's about half the federal workforce. The White House Press Secretary Levitt noted that asking workers to report on their accomplishments is a strategy that Musk has employed at his private companies.
Speaker 5: I've had to do it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to talk more about that coming up at seven twenty, because the argument here is not only does it not make sense in many many ways, it's actually counterproductive. It actually does exactly the opposite of what it is proposed to have done. And I will tell you about that makes a lot of sense, and that's coming up at seven twenty.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: So, just like at an amusement park, if you want to cut the line, going to cost you a little cash. President Donald Trump said he is starting a program to offer residency and a path to citizenship to investors who pay five million dollars, offering a new avenue for legal immigration. Even as he carries out all these sweeping crackdowns, all these things. But it's he dubbed it the gold card. Are you going to get one?
Speaker 4: I know, because I'm already a citizen of this country. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Yeah forgoting out.
Speaker 2: If I'm wealthy and I'm living in a place that is a little bit difficult to live in, yeah, I'll take it. If I had the money and not the thing we want. The people with money, yeah, I mean they help.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It may be a little disconcerting, It may be a little immoral for those people that also want in that can't pony up five million dollars. But you know, it's the era of business. This administration is about money. He's a business person. That's what a lot of this is about.
Speaker 6: Rage against the machine. There's a new album out called Is This What We Want? Features more than a thousand musicians and the sound of Silence contributions from British artists including Kate Bush, Annie Lennox, Kat Stevens, Damon Alburn. The album was released yesterday to protest proposed British changes to AI laws that artists say they are worried it's gonna let a I use their work.
Speaker 3: It's just silence, right, I think it's just silence.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm on there too. Yeah, I was with the I was asked to be on it with all the big names.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what I think my track, you do what.
Speaker 4: It's a little it's it's a little bit of a stick. Okay, that was profound, Yeah, really was.
Speaker 3: Yours would be silence and then just a little bit of gas.
Speaker 2: Mine would be silence and our ratings explode, but deadly, yes, all right, Uh stop posting images of Elon Musk's son X.
Speaker 3: So his his X man. There's a lot of ex dear his X Grimes, the award winning singer. It was talking to Time magazine and she's like, you know, she's in this battle custody battle with their children and their son X. Of course Elon's the owner of X, but they're you know, he's got pictures of him in the Oval office and all this, and people keep posting them and she's like, just just stop.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: A lot of people, high end people do not like high end worth people. High worth people and they're famous, don't want their kids.
Speaker 4: Now. Just a real quick sidebar story here. I thought that Frank.
Speaker 2: Zappa, the musician was out of his mind when he named his children. His Sonny named Weasel and his daughter he named Moon. You in it.
Speaker 4: This is on a whole new level. How do you pronounce those kids' names?
Speaker 2: I mean Techno Mechanicus two that I can pronounce.
Speaker 4: How about the other ones? Ex? Dark ciderol or Cidereo three?
Speaker 3: I think I I think I'm on that.
Speaker 2: I think that's and then the and then the X A E A XII four. I have no idea how you pronounced that one?
Speaker 4: And what do they go to school? What do they call the kids? I have no idea.
Speaker 2: It's like George Foreman, five boys, all of them named George Foreman, every one of them.
Speaker 5: At least they're all in different classes.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 5: Israel is ready to hit play again.
Speaker 6: So over the weekend, Israel did not release hundreds of Palestinian prisoners and detainees after Hamas released six hostages, and it was because they were not at all happy about how those four hostages who were dead were released and paraded around by Hamas. But now they are saying, okay, we're gonna let them out. So the the Egyptian backed deal between Hamas and Israel will see the exchange of the final four bodies of hostages due to be released in the first phase of the ceasefire for six hundred and twenty Palestinian prisoners and detainees that we're supposed to be freed on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I find this whole exchange. I've said this before. I find this whole exchange so offensive. Six hundred Palestinians for four bodies.
Speaker 5: I don't get why do they make that deal.
Speaker 4: Because it's foreclosure.
Speaker 2: Because in Israel, and this is Judaism in general, life is so sacrisanct is so important. There is a phrase that's been used, if you save one person, you've saved the world. It's sort of a philosophy where in many parts of the world life means nothing. And I will say that to Hamas, life, the Palestinian people mean nothing to Hamas. So you know, forty fifty thousand people, if we're another one hundred thousand people dying, they would continue on with their move to destroy Israel. Yeah, it's pretty pretty depressive stuff. One great story. Okay, let's end with this one because this is okay.
Speaker 3: So you know, it's like you got the person who pushes on your seat or leans back their seat in the airplane. This is a little different, You've got. An Australian couple said they were forced to sit next to a passenger's body who died on a recent Qatar Airways long haul flight. The woman leaving the aircraft lavatory collapsed and died near their row. They tried to move her, but she was a rather large lady, I guess, And so they looked and there was some seats there and they kind of just put her there next to them.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it's kind of an interesting lawsuit.
Speaker 4: You forced me to see next to a dead woman for hours.
Speaker 2: Uh. And the reason you forced me because she was so fat they couldn't bring her in another section of the airplane.
Speaker 3: Literally, this should probably do something for the comany. And this was the case a situation. I would sit next to the body if they if they paid me enough. Sure, I know, it's like, it's not their fault the person died on the plane.
Speaker 2: Oh, but it's a question of trying to move them through and forcing them to say. I mean, it's gonna be a fascinating lawsuit and it's definitely a case of the fat lady can't sing all right?
Speaker 3: But the way I look at it, it's a double meal. I would lean over and she'd go, I go, oh yeah, she'd like the chicken.
Speaker 4: And the right we are done. Also very strong, all right, kf I A M. Sixty. You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and any time on demand on the iHeartRadio app