Speaker 1: Welcome to the Wine and Wine Podcast. I'm Kelsey and I'm Ellie. This is your dose of friendship, fun and figuring life out together. Let's be e besties because life is messy, Wine helps and whiny is optional.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, besties, hell, best guys.
Speaker 1: How's it going? Oh it's so good, Ellie? How are you here? We are? Ye?
Speaker 2: Once again, once again on a Wednesday night.
Speaker 1: Like always. Well, I mean it doesn't like a thing, it's our aything we like.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're recording on Wednesdays, but then we're releasing on Fridays.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm digging the vibe there. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so easy, peasy, yep. Here we are just chatting away and we're going to talk about but before we do, Yes, Kelsey brought.
Speaker 1: The wine, the fancy wine. It looks fancy. Yes, it's a really cool bottle, it really is. How would you describe that bottle? I don't know how. I would like crystal et like it's like textured, it's really pretty glass, very clear.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I feel like you could like rip off the label and make it into like a flower base or.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, but I'll definitely repurpose it. It's so cool. Yeah, it really is cool. But in honor of travel. It is an Italian wine called frazierne. I think it's a pino grigio, and it says it has a floral and delicate, fruity character with subtle hints of crisp citrus. Enjoy it chilled for an app parativo or Paris seafood, vegetarian dishes or sushi. Ooh interesting, yeah I'm sushi. Oh yeah, right, okay, let me put this bottle back without smashing the table. Sorry, guys to be here going, okay, go.
Speaker 3: Well, clinkling cheese, all right, swirl and sniffs, just kidding, mm hm.
Speaker 1: Hm hmm.
Speaker 2: Okay, what what type of wine is this again?
Speaker 1: Like what a pino gree hmm. You know, I'm wondering, like I actually do like it, but we did just have a save blanc and I'm wondering if that's like impact. I'm starting to pick up salve blanc vibes. But then it goes flat.
Speaker 2: Yes, is pino grezio supposed to be flat at the end.
Speaker 1: It's not as like sparkly like on the tongue went like stuff as a save blanc. I think it's supposed to be more just like chill. Yeah, okay, I like it though it's not bad, it's just I like it the more I drink it. Like I said, I think that first sip I still had the save Blanc on my tongue. But now that I'm drinking this more, I actually really like it. You're right.
Speaker 2: I just took a big gulp and I'm like, listen, I'm here for it. Yeah, I am here for it. It is very subtle. It's subtle.
Speaker 1: It's subtle. I think that this would be nice like they like they said. I actually don't know if i'd pair it with like it could coco to food, but I don't mind it for like a late afternoon, early evening patio sipper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honestly, because it's so subtle.
Speaker 1: I think this is very versatile.
Speaker 2: Yes, like you can have it as like with dinner with Snacky's.
Speaker 1: Yep, you know, just chilling, just chilling.
Speaker 2: I think this isn't anything one yeah, which is good. It is good, very not specific too like certain things.
Speaker 1: So and it was sixteen dollars ooh and then yeah, I think I would give it like after a few more SIPs I really do like it. I'd give it a four.
Speaker 2: I'd give it a three seven Okay five, Shoot.
Speaker 1: That's not Yeah, there's not a middle. We'll be three seven five on that. Are you sure I can move mine up to four? That's okay. Just because of the way it started, we'll bump it down. Okay, okay, here you here, you go. A grew on me. It was a grower, not a show. It's a grower. We gotta grower, people. We got a grower in the house. Yeah, okay, but that was good though. That is good. Yeah, that was good. Thanks for bringing out. I had higher expectations because of the bottle.
Speaker 2: But it is a cute bottle, judge a book. But yea, yeah, it is a cute bottle. So I'm so here for it anyway.
Speaker 1: AnyWho, well, kelso, I feel like you should take it away. As far as talking about h wait, travel tips today, huh yeah, I think we're going to talk about travel tips tricks. What we've learned, must have just all the things, all the things. Yes, let's do it. So I figured we can start with the planning stages. And as you guys know already, I am that type a girly friend, I'm a freak, and I created a spreadsheet that has the itinerary, the packing list, the confirmation numbers, et cetera. It's just makes life so much easier. I know everyone's not like that and most people go with the flow, but it just helps me. It makes me more prepared. It's a checklist, so I know what I need to do before going and everything like that. I do have a template. If anyone is interested, because it's taking me years to work on this to perfect it, I'm interested. I'll give it to you, no paybe I'll put it on our stories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you can share that, that'd be awesome because I'm actually spearheading the girls trip because people think but I can't hold my own weight just getting go I'd teason, but I definitely did not plan the last girls trip. And I'm They're like, you should probably do it now, and I'm like, I will, yeah, and I'll show you what I can do. But listen, if I can get an Excel spreadsheet, Yes, that sounds like.
Speaker 1: I am the planner. Your trip is going to go off without a hitch. If it does, I've always got planned b Like, oh, we're ready, you're ready to go to the problem. But everyone loves traveling with me for that reason. Okay, I hear you. Do you make time for like whatever necessity? Yes, yes, I don't like plan every day to a tee. So like when I say it tinerary, you obviously book things ahead of time, you know, so I have those on there, But like there's still like plenty of times during the day where there's not a plan, or there's days that just don't have a plan at all, depending on like where you're at, you know. Oh, I love that. Like if you're like say going through New Zealand or a new place every day, then you have to have more restrict tinerary. But if you're just like in Costa Rica and just beaching it, you know, then you don't need to schedule every day. I like that, you know, yep here But yeah, and then I guess the next thing is is I again going along with this? I'm a huge I am like I need to do the research, research, research, because some places have a lot of requirements to get into, you know, Like I've been places where they need a visa on top of your path sport, I've gone to places where you have to fill out several different forms to even be accepted into the country. There's also places you have to go where they have to actually sit there and inspect your gear before they'll let you in because they don't want you to bring in contaminants. Like New Zealand. Interesting, if you're bringing any hiking gear or anything into New Zealand, they have to inspect it. Oh sure they're not bringing in contaminants. Yeah, So just really research the location you're going into to make sure there's not anything you have to do prior to landing, or you're not going to get into some countries. Yeah, man, I really freeball ed last year. It feels like I think Europe's a little bit easier. It's the places that I've been lately that haven't been Europe, uh huh, that have the the different requirements, Like we had to fill out some different forms for South Africa. Again, like I said, New Zealand had a lot, a lot of requirements. But I don't think I've been anywhere in Europe that really had like anything crazy. No, not really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So except for the one fact where I almost got like deported in Ireland, just.
Speaker 1: Almost I got detained in Russia. So I feel that. But Russia's Okay, Russia is not Europe. I know my geography. I'm not stupid, but but no, but that would be. But it's because they had these travel requirements that we weren't aware of. Well, I would be more scared in Russia than Ireland. Scary, Like I would be like, well, can I get it?
Speaker 2: At least can I get like a Guinness s far as I wait? And Russia would be like, well, just sit in a cell with no air or water?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they Well, luckily it wasn't a cell. But basically that's a story. Okay, that's a story for another another weekends. Yes, we could talk about like the crazy We'll go on crazy story tangents next time. Let's do. Let's do. But another thing that you really do need to research is like what kind of plug adapter you need. I'm no plenty people that have gone to these foreign countries withoutringing a plug adapter, not knowing that that's a thing. Unless you're going to Canada and Mexico. It's it's a whole new world out there, guys. But on top of that, just because you buy a plug adapter does not mean your your hairstyling tools your iron or steamer, and none those are gonna work. That's right, the voltage is too high. Yes, mine busted when I got there. I think about it. We exploded a steamer in South Africa yep, so, and we had the reason that we thought it'd be okay is because we bought the plug adapter that was supposed to also be a voltage converter. Oh, those do not work. So I have started upgrading all my stuff to dual voltage. So my straightener, my blow dryer, a curling iron, I have a steamer. They're all dual voltage. Oh, and you can take them anywhere in the world and it'll be totally fine. It adjusts. Oh and they're not that expensive. So maybe that's another thing we can post on our stories in case anyone needs anything like that.
Speaker 2: Noted, I'm still using a curler from over there, so now I have to use an adapter here to use it. But I bought it, yep, it got it, so I'm using it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Nope. Every time I've had to buy something new, I just always buy it du a voltage now just yeah it does it say it on the package? Like, how do you know it's dual a voltage. Yeah, well no, it's like, so I there's a specific brand of hair tools. I think it's GHB maybe something like that that I buy, But you can just go on Amazon and google dual voltage hair dryer or something like that and it'll pull them up just like read the fine print to make sure that it's actually that or like obviously the reviews. Sweet. Yeah, that's good to know. I had no idea of that. I've I blew up a straightener in Ireland and a steamer in South Africa, so I have learned the hard way and both times I thought I was prepared with the with the converter, but they don't always work well.
Speaker 2: I feel like also, like a steamer is like way more expensive. Yeah, it would just suck to blow a steamer.
Speaker 1: The first one was pretty cheap, It wasn't bad. The second one, the one that I got like to go to South Africa, that I mean to New Zealand that I made sure was dual voltage, was a little pricier. But it's good. It works, Yes, it works okay, and I still use it at home, like it's totally fine, okay, okay, And I know that sounds really boogy. That I'm bringing a steamer. But side note, both these trips were for a wedding, so you kind of need a steamer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you gotta gotta look good, damn it. Yeah yeah, yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so those are like those kind of research tips. It's also not a bad thing to just like research, like if you're hav any excursions planned or there's like something you really want to do, check for closures. There's been a couple of times that we've had something planned but we didn't know as close we couldn't end up doing it, and just like stuff like that, you know, just always it doesn't hurt to be.
Speaker 2: Prepared, does not hurt to be prepared.
Speaker 1: I'm here for it. That's smart. Yeah, I like it. Okay, are you wait? Are we going? Are you so that that's what I had for planning? Do you have anything else to add or else? I don't know. My next thing was packing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, I literally have nothing for planning.
Speaker 1: But that's literally we were talking about this prior just saying that we are. You're gonna learn through this that we are polar opposites. It travels vastly different for sure. Like I'm that person that.
Speaker 2: Packs the day of, like an hour before. Oh, I might packed a week before. Well I remember when I was packing for Europe. I legit like packed hours before I needed to leave to go to the airport, and even then, like I had to chuck so many things at the airport.
Speaker 1: It was a whole thing. So I'm like, I'm not like m h.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know, I just live on the whims of what I'm feeling that moment, you know, But think the Lord, everything's worked out thus far, and if not, it's a story to tell.
Speaker 1: Like exactly, and a lesson to be learned.
Speaker 2: Like now, I know, okay, noted, Let's not pack. Let's maybe figure out how much weight you can carry in your luggage before you leave, you know, those type of things. So learn from Kelso and not by me, y'all, is what I'm saying. But yeah, because I literally have nothing for I love it planning, love it.
Speaker 1: I'm just here. Should we head onto packing? Yes? What do you have for packing? That's a Kelsey was like, you don't have anything for planning.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not a disappointed mother right now, just kidding, Like, I bought my plane ticket and I'm going to uber to the location, Like, what do you mean, what do you mean planning?
Speaker 1: You mean anyway?
Speaker 2: Literally, I literally have only one thing for packing, But now that I think about it, I could add another thing. Like have you have you purchased those like packing qubis cubes?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I really like the lowe them.
Speaker 2: I think they're fun. I think they make it so that like your stuff fits better, and then I like to categorize them. See I feel like I'm kind of a type a sometimes, but like, yeah, then I have like all my like clothes here for this one and then like my nighttime clothes here.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you know, I agree, And it's like if you're like constantly on the go and you can't really unpack, then it's still like organization. Yes, yes, yes I do love a good packing cube. But really, my my packing tip was going to just be like, and this is more for like saving money, but it's based on your packing. And I've done this a handful of times with my girlfriend, but we actually split a check bag. Oh my god, I could never. Yeah, So like she comes over the day of that we're like flying out, and she'll have all her crap and then I'll have all my crap and then we are just both so mindful to.
Speaker 2: Like just pack our stuff and wait. And obviously, and I'm sure all everybody has these conversations like Okay, you're bringing a curler, right, and so then we share it, yeah, or like whatever that likes sense. Yeah, you're bringing like hairspray, right, and then we share or whatever. So anyhoy, Yeah, she'll come over and then we'll just both pack at the same time in that one like check bag, and then we'll wait and then it's fine and then we just split the costs.
Speaker 1: See. The difference is is I I'm we'll get to this one. We can get to our plane tips. But I'm bougie. I really only fly Delta. But Delta also get your first bag is free. Okay, so you don't. But I'm also who to wan to hear. I'm silver medallion, so I also get two three bags. Oh love.
Speaker 2: See I'm like a Spirit and a frontier girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's much different. Yeah, yeah, like them for free frontier girlies. Where you at? Where you at? Hell to the now? Wait, speaking of my.
Speaker 2: Girlfriends, literally posted like an article the other day on our group chat that said that Spirit was ranked like the number one like budget, budget friendly, but like best airline of twenty twenty five because of the budget, the safety and all the things.
Speaker 1: Well, let's be real, we've heard all these like stories one about like all the others, all.
Speaker 2: The others malfunctioning. So I'm like, I knew it, knew it. So anyway, I.
Speaker 1: Think they are like newer planes too, so that helps. Yeah maybe, but yeah, they do charge for everything under the reason. Yeah, so I think that's why we're like, let's just share some bags.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, if you're gonna makes money, yeah, that makes a huge difference.
Speaker 2: Get yourself and you're going with like a friend or whatever. See if you can split a bag and save yourself somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See the problem is that I'm also bringing home a lot of shit, so I also just need to have space for said shit. That makes sense, I will say. And I think this is just generally for like all airlines they let you bring in a free personal bag. So then I think I don't know, at least for me, I know that I have space in my personal bag for like trinkets and stuff like that. My shit's wine. Oh you you're a wine gir. I mean you are a girl. Yeah, yep, I even have those like bubble wrap wine things bags. Oh really, They're shaped like a bottle and they have bubble wrap in the inside of them, so you put your wine bottle in there and then you zip it up and now your wine's protected.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. I had no idea those things exist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I found them. I got the first one. I found it in South Africa, and I'm like, I wish I would have known that for Italy because I brought a lot of wine home from Italy and I just wrapped it in dresses completely fine, Like I'm also pro a just wrapping them in general, Like I've never had a bottle break knock on woodne But no, those are like they're so they're so nice. Oh yay. I had no idea those existed. I really because I did fly out with like liquor last year and I just wrapped it in like random coo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you should be as long as you're wrapping it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, I love it. I'm learning so much today. Yeah, I have an issue, guys, No, no, I love it. Tell me more about Wait what were you talking about? Were you talking about pack Were we talking about packpacking? Yeah, no shit, Okay, my turn got kidding. No, But my biggest thing is like, really do your research on the weather and honestly pack for anything. If you don't think you need that jacket, you probably need that jacket. There's been many times I've been somewhere and I was like, it looks like it's gonna be so warm the whole time. It's not. You need a jacket. And then the other thing that I always tell everybody, because I learned the hard way in Italy, was I brought some cute fashion sandals. They were they are comfy, they are, but not for walking thousands and thousands of steps a day. Just bring the damn tennis shoes. Wear tennis shoes unless you're just going straight to dinner and back. Don't don't bring cutesy shoes. It's just not a thing, you know, if you're gonna be walking a lot, just the tennis shoes. Yeah. Yeah. But also I feel like you're an overpacker, Kelsey. I am. Okay, yes, I am the Queen of overpacking. I packed for anything.
Speaker 2: Because based on your statement of like, if you don't think it's gonna rain, bring a jacket. When you said that in my head. I'm like fuck it, yolo, like get your ass over there and then wear a fucking like plastic bag for all.
Speaker 1: Like no, I'm not saying like if it's raining, like it's cold, oh I see, yeah, I'm like rains, rains rain, you know, like I've been in Ireland, have been poured on in Costa Rica. It's rains rain, but it's just no iff its. Like there's been a lot of times I've been places where like it did not you did not think it was gonet cold. It gets cold at night. So like just having that while you're out and about that makes sense that because I don't want to spend a lot of money to buy a jacket in a foreign country, just need.
Speaker 2: That makes sense. But I'm also that person that I love kind of being like sure, I'll go buy a jacket now and then and then there's a story behind that jacket, like suit I bought this and yeah, I don't know. I guess it makes for like something to have from there, But it totally makes sense if you want to.
Speaker 1: Be prepared like Kelsey everybody, or if.
Speaker 2: You want to just fly by the by the whims of uranus.
Speaker 1: I'm also that person that brings like three pairs of underwear day just in case you shit yourself. I've never shot myself, but you know, you never know.
Speaker 2: But also, can I just say that I don't wear.
Speaker 1: Underwear, Okay, if like I'm in sweats or leggings or like something like that, I don't because I'm We've had that conversation with you there. Yeah, but there's just like certain things like you need.
Speaker 2: That makes sense because when I wear jeans, I wear undies.
Speaker 1: Yes, So you're right, because if I'm wearing like a cute little short dress, I'm gonna be wearing undies for sure.
Speaker 2: So like, based on what I'm wearing that m trip, I'll bring X amount for my outfits plus one.
Speaker 1: So that totally makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you're your times three, but I'm a plus one.
Speaker 1: Yeah the yeah, oh gosh. But and then I guess, like another thing. Yes, I'm always over prepared, but I don't really ever unless like I'm just like really particular that day for some reason, I really don't ever bring sunscreen or hairspray because you can buy those there and think it takes up precious space, you know, So those are things you can buy them there. As long as you're not buying it in your bougie hotel if that's where you're staying it's cheap. Then if you don't use it all, just leave it. You know. Those are the things like I don't I just buy there. And then another thing just because pit pocketing happens. I'm also like anytime I go anywhere, I always bring like those cross body bags if it looks and then you always kind of keep your hand near it because it's the hardest to pit pocket.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that's what I had to do. And you it's just nice to just have it on your chest and just like.
Speaker 1: If you crossbody back that hangs by your side, make sure it's like a full like closure one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and even like where when you're eating, like you're not taking it off to like put it on your chair, like you're literally wearing it literally everywhere you go. It's just ony you take it off when you finally get back to your place exactly where yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And that's like those tight cross body ones. They're comfortable just to always keep on. Yeah. So yeah, yeah, I was never pickpocketed. For six months. It was never. Oh I guess I didn't go somewhere for six months. But I've never been pitpocketed either.
Speaker 2: But I have many people that have, but yeah, and it's because like, yeah, it's such a I've.
Speaker 1: Learned from their stories. Yeah, so now I'm always very perfectly sure. Well, one of my friends was in Barcelona and she like was on the train or whatever, and she had a cross body back on her chest, but everybody was like back to back, like everybody was just like like on top of everybody basically, and they still got pickpocketed because like everybody was so close. So even don't like, yeah, you just don't know.
Speaker 2: So even with like closeness and you have like that really good cross body bag on your chest, you have to literally.
Speaker 1: Just always hold it. You just have to hold it. So yeah, if you're like out in crowds, just hold it. Yep, yep. Another thing just to go along with the pit pocketing too, though, is always keep spare cash, your ID, either your idea or your passport, and like an extra card wherever you're staying, like in the safe, because if you get pit pocketed and you lose your passport or you get your ID stolen or your bag's just boy stolen, you at least still have backups and you can get out of the country.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, don't like hang out with your passport in your bag.
Speaker 1: Well, like Courtney, my sister, she was in Hawaii and she thought she was being super smart and had her whole like wallet, keys, everything strapped to her in a dry bag when she's out paddleboarding because she don't want to leave it at the beach. But she had up falling off the paddle board losing the whole dry bag. We had to do so much research trying to figure out how to get her home because she didn't have a car, any cards, didn't have her ID, didn't have anything, her phone was gone everything. Oh that's right. So I've like learned kind of from that to always leave spare stuff behind. Yes, and if you're flying in States, you can get home as long as you have a couple documents that say your name, So like she had a rental car agreement that has her name on it. She folded the police report for the missing items. Those two items got her through tsa still, I mean from a foreign country is harder, but as long as you still have a form of ID and you go to the embassy, they can get you home.
Speaker 2: Oh that's freaking awesome. I saw this hack, but I don't know if it really works. But I saw this thing where like if you're at the beach solo, you like.
Speaker 1: Dig like your stuff.
Speaker 2: Into the sand and then you cover it and then you put something on top of it to like mark where you left it.
Speaker 1: But I don't know, I don't I feel like I still can't trust that like that.
Speaker 2: It's just like that would be chill if you're actually still there and then maybe take a nap. But like, yeah, I think I would have done the same thing and like gone out with all my stuff, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, and I probably still would, but like I said, I've just like learned from that to now leave spares behind. Yeah, so that I still have money and some form of ID.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah here, Yeah, you know me, And I know it's crazy out there.
Speaker 1: It is. It is crazy anyway. So yeah, that's all I had for backing. I had a whole lot too. No. No, I literally just like split a bag with your friends, you guys, Kelsey's like two bags.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, listen here, let me save you all some money. Okay, So you're gonna split.
Speaker 1: A bag Kelsey's like, no, don't skimp on the money.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, and you can buy a jacket once you're there, and like, nope, just jack.
Speaker 1: Just spring it then you can home. People are giving so confused. They're like, so should I buy a jacket there? Or should I bring one? And we're giving two fastly different perspectives.
Speaker 2: We should do a poll on this, like and be like, would you take a jacket on the off chance it range?
Speaker 1: Or would you buy a jacket? Yeah? I don't know, that'd be interesting. Yep, I don't know. I think it's more just like so I used to travel more like you do, but I just can't anymore. I hear you. That makes sense. That makes sense. It's it takes a lot out of you.
Speaker 2: It's too much sometimes. Okay, so should we talk about like flights?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, Okay, I'm gonna just talk about like how to save money on flights?
Speaker 1: Can I.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'll let you have this, Okay, I'm just like such a cheap ass, let's be real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kelsey is Delta Comfort Plus, Like, I'm not skimping on it. So we'll let Ellie have this moment.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny is me and my girlfriends we call we call the Girl because there's like, okay, well, actually it's the majority of my girlfriends that fly Delta, and then me and my other girlfriend, Mels, we literally don't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: Like what's gonna take us there?
Speaker 2: Like first we get on a donkey and then we like it on a train and then we have to like like be pulled by crows fly you.
Speaker 1: Know, get there as comfortable and as fast as possible. Yeah, so I'm also about as direct as possible. Don't give me any labors. I don't want those.
Speaker 2: So we call them the Delta batties. We're like, hey, Delta batties, because they'll like book and then they'll all have Delta and we're like, okay, well we're gonna get there an hour later.
Speaker 1: We're flying on Spirit. Well we've got a layover in Nashville. Then we've got away in New York. Yeah, so we'll just see you when we see you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny though, super side notes. I remember once we did like a girl's trip to Vegas and then everybody flew Delta except for me and our friend, yes, and their flight was delayed like five hours for some reason, ours was like a time and we're like, sometimes it pays to fly cheap. We were like at home already by the time they were like boarding the flight or something was it sucked for them, but it sucked for them. It just sucked. But anyway, yes, okay, back to your girl being a cheap ass. Listen, you guys, this is how you find cheap flights. And maybe y'all have better hacks than me, and I need to hear them because I'm here for the cheap floights. So what I do is I actually clear my cash and cookies on like your browser thing. You can also use a VPN because then, like I feel like people or the system or whatever technology just knows where you're at and they're like they're gonna bump up the price. So use a VPN and then go incognito and then search for your flight and it should be cheaper. I heard like Tuesday night, it's like probably the cheapest to buy flight to Tuesdays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then.
Speaker 2: Ideally like three months before your flight departs is like the cheapest time frame to get them. So I mean, I've gotten some really cheap flights in the past. Another thing, though, is if you're just itching to go somewhere, yeah, but you don't know where exactly, you're super flexible. You can just use Google Flights and you can just set your location from like Salt Lake City or wherever you're at to like anywhere, and then you can change it to like weekend or like a full week or whatever, and then you can look at the map and then you can be like, oh, I can fly to Miami for two hundred dollars or whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just feel like those are fun sometimes if you just want to go out somewhere but you just want cheap flights. So that's how we found That's how I found Chicago for like three hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: It was like two fifty round trip. That's free check bag and everything. I think it was like American Airlines or something like that, and I'm like, hell, yeah, you know, so AnyWho, those are kind of my like flight.
Speaker 1: Tips to get like some just really good, really good flight deals. But I mean, if you're a Delta battie, you just you just go on Delta and use your points because they're a Platinum member or something. I wish. I look, I'm just silver. I look at Kelsey. Oh my gosh. Well, okay, so now that Elie talked about saving money on flights, because clearly I'm not trying to save no money on flights. I am like we can talk about kind of like what are in flight routines and must haves are like for But I'm like talking for like long haul flights, not like I'm just gonna hop over to Vegas, but I'm going to Italy, you know, Like how do you sleep better? Like what do you do on a flight? You know? And I'm like, so for me, I can't use those neck pillows. They don't work for me. They're very uncomfortable. They hurt my neck. But I found this thing where it's an inflatable pillow. You actually put it in your lap. You put your arms through two holes, and then you just set your head in the top hole so you're barely leaning forward. Oh interesting, I think I've seen those. It is so comfortable. Yeah, it is so nice. It's the only way I can sleep on a flight. But then I also am like religious about the eemask and the headphones to block the noise and the sound. They have to be over the head headphones though, like the earbuds. I've lost many of those falling falling asleep on a flight. I always find it, luckily, but like I'm like, nope, I won't use earbuds on planes anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, because they are so easy to notice that too, Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But my other thing is I always keep my face wash, lotion, deodor, and toothbrush handy like where I can easily reach them in my under the seat thing, because like an hour or two before we land, I'm not going to hog the bathroom for fifteen minutes, right, Like this is like a really quick, just freshen up five minutes, but you just feel more awake, you don't feel groggy, and you just kind of feel ready to take on the day. So I'm always like I do my quick little morning, real quick morning routine, not the Polshi bang, just yeah, just to feel more refreshed. Yeah yeah, yeah, ready for the day. Man. The more you talk, the more I realize we really are. I am bougie.
Speaker 2: We are polar opposites when it comes to travel, because your girl will be crusty eyed walking.
Speaker 1: Out of that fucking plane, Like, oh well, if I'm not going somewhere humid, I am that girl in those like heatless curlers. No, shut up, it's so nice, but if you're on somewhere humid. My hair is naturally curly or wavy, so yeah, I can't do that. It'll fall flat. My hack would be.
Speaker 2: Like, I guess it's gonna be a hat day today until I actually shower.
Speaker 1: No, I'm also queen of the hats.
Speaker 5: I love me.
Speaker 1: I don't wear them on the plane, but I always do keep one of those handy too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, go on and go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so funny. But these are good hacks ding it, you know. I'm also a window seat girly because I like to lean against the window. Yes, I like that, which then I may I get really annoying to the people that are not in the window seat because I'm also wanting to make sure I stay hydrated. And I walk around just because I don't want to be sore and my leg's hurting. So people do hate you then kind of. No, I'm usually sitting by somebody. I Have.
Speaker 2: You tried the compression socks I have?
Speaker 1: Do you like those? I don't mind them. Yeah, I still prefer to just walk around a little bit because I get anty in general, like my butck gets numb. Oh that's why I like comfort plus those because you have like that extra little seven inches of leg room, which makes a huge difference. Yeah, especially when you have a backpack on your seat. You can still put your legs kind of straight and not be having your backpack in the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah that makes sense. See, because now that I'm thinking about it, I probably am the worst. But I really don't get up on long flights maybe once in the whole flight, and I think I like time it a way to where like I go to the bathroom right before the flight yeah, takes off, like and then I still stay hydrated throughout, and then I finally go to the bathroom like maybe five hours into a flight or something.
Speaker 1: But if I'm sleeping, then it's different, right, Okay, Yeah, But like whenever they're doing like the mail service, I'll give it, like, you know, an hour, and then I'll probably be like, Okay, well now I'm gonna hurry and go because everyone's starting to fall back asleep, so I'm going to hurrying quickly just get up and go poddy before anyone actually does fully fall asleep, so I'm not waking the whole row up. Yeah, and then yeah, so I time it at least for that, so I'm not as big of an inconvenience because then people are kind of still still kind of up because they had just eaten. Yeah that makes sense, that makes sense. Yeah, yeah, I just don't get up. I should probably get up though it's probably healthier for me. Yeah, it's not good to just sit there the whole time. Yeah, and get blood clots and all kinds of other things. Oh that's scary. Yeah, yeah, that's so scary. Drink your water and stretch and walk as much as you can. I know it's kind of hard sometimes, but yeah I did.
Speaker 2: I mean I did one time. Like I say one time because it hardly happens, but it did. By like the one where like there's nobody in front of you so you.
Speaker 1: Can stretch out your legs. So I feel like that was one where I was like, Okay, you don't need to yeah, because you're stretching, you're fully stretched out when you're like cooped up and you can't yeah yeah, yeah that makes it. But also another trip, another tip is I when we went to New Zealand recently, I found these foot hammocks. But you put along the tray table. I'm not entirely sure how well it would work for like a regular seat, but in like the comfort plus because you still have that extra leg room. That was nice because it kept them elevated, which then also does help reduce the swelling and soreness. Oh sir, a little more elevated. Yeah, and it was nice. I feel like it'd be too tall for that. I mean you can always try it, though, it would just like keep it a little up. You might have your knees to your boobs. Yeah. Yeah, they're like, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, I'm on my hammock. Like, oh, you're tall, but no, these are some really good yeah tips to know.
Speaker 1: I am. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I do the iemass thing too, and like the neck pillow, but I hear you on the neck pillow thing, I have to have a very specific one where it like goes fully all the way around and it like goes rap kind the rap ones, yes, because the other ones are just so like whibby lay wobbly, where as the rap ones literally it's like I have a freaking.
Speaker 1: Neck brace on. Yeah, I've never tried one of those. I should probably try one.
Speaker 2: That one's the best. Literally, then I'm just like I'm out like a light.
Speaker 1: Like the reason I like the one I was telling you about where you like laying your lap is because part of the reason the net pillow doesn't work for me is because I inevitably, like I'll fall asleep and then I fall forward and then I'm like, oh, yes, like I am a fall forward person. And that's why the neck rap works for me, because I I'll fall forward and then it catches you enough. Yeah, I'm like, I'm always like and then I'm like, yeah, yeah, so you just lean a little bit back do that, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Just saying, nice, I'll have to try it. You should, you should, but I'll have to. I feel like I'm too tall for the one that you use, though.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Will's brother in law host one, and he's a massive dude. He's massive, and he thought it was just fine, okay, just like it just goes in your lap and then all you do is just barely put your head in it. Like it's like that is that is nice? Because sometimes I want to sleep that way like forward yet that and you can have it like high, like if you you can either have it like there's two different directions you can have it where one it's taller and the other one's a little bit shorter. Mmmm okay, okay here. But yeah, maybe we'll like kind of link all these different things that we're talking about. Maybe we'll do like a highlight on our Instagram so you guys can I'll see them and yeah, check them out. Yeah, I'm here for it, let's do it. But yeah, then I guess the last is just like you know, when you get there, just enjoy it. Yeah it was like five, ten, twenty days. However long you're gone, they go by way too fast. It's like the blink of an eye. So like, enjoy every second of it. Yes, I'm here for it. I have just a couple things for like the ending of like well not the ending, I guess it's the ending of our segment per se, but like just the ending of like the travel and getting there and stuff. But honestly, my go to is just talk to the locals, like love it. The locals just know what they know. Like it's like yo, hey, like where's your best like pizza place or whatever. They're gonna take you off the beaten path and you are not going to regret it. Yeah. Yeah, some of the best food I've ever had was because of a local.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're super helpful too, like if you get lost or something like, they're helpful to just point souse.
Speaker 1: You're nice, They're gonna be nice. I know that. There's that thing where like a lot of people don't like Americans as long as you're friendly and respectful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're doing your best, yeah, honestly. And then my other thing's super random, but the way I traveled last year was through a trusted health sitters. So it's just like a company that does an exchange of services.
Speaker 1: So you.
Speaker 2: Like you they have to go somewhere and like they're going on vacation and they need somebody to take care of their dogs or their pets or like their house, and then you need a place to say so you don't have to pay for it. They don't have to pay for it, like to have their pets be like watched over, or you don't have to pay to Yeah that's so somewhere, so you just like you change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah that's so cool. And so I saved so much money doing that.
Speaker 2: It's a yearly fee I think of like one hundred dollars, which is not bad.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's what I did. So if anybody's.
Speaker 2: Looking to travel more in a more budget friendly way, yes, I definitely recommend well.
Speaker 1: And it's such a good way to get more of a local experience.
Speaker 2: Yes, I definitely got local experience there. I even, like, I even spent my summer in Denver the year before, So in twenty three, I spent my summer in Denver just because like, I did that. So I was like, I might as well just hang out here for a month.
Speaker 1: And we went to Taylor Swift and then she's like, hey, guys, well I'm just gonna hang out here now for a while.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, well I'll just be here for three weeks. And they were like what and I'm like, yeah, just I'm just gonna hang out and work here and hang out and work here, like and.
Speaker 1: It was just chill and you have a job that like lets you do that, which is so cool. Yeah, it was really Unfortunately, it was really chill.
Speaker 2: So anyway, if you guys want like a cheaper way too, super cool, check out Trusted House Sitters.
Speaker 1: Yes so not sponsored, No, that's not cool, but that'd be cool.
Speaker 2: But also I can maybe give you like a ten percent off, like I'll have to find it.
Speaker 1: We might have to put that in the highlights too. Yeah, this is gonna be a whole ass highlight, a whole ass highlight. Reil ready for it? Did you have anything else? No? What the thing? What? Okay? Well, I guess like because we kind of prefaced it, next time we'll talk about like just crazy ass stories. Oh yeah, those crazy travel stories. You getting deported basically, yeah, me getting detained?
Speaker 2: Which one do we want to talk a well, like me almost getting deported, me finding the manam the love.
Speaker 1: Of my life?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I forgot about that, the one that got away. Girl. We'll just spill all the tea in this one. The next one will just spill the tea on travels, like what's happening? Yeause, there's there's a lot there. Yes, there's a lot there. There's a lot there, There's a lot. We have to apart too, we have to part two. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh goodness. Okay, Well, thanks for hanging out with you and hopefully you guys got some.
Speaker 1: Helpful vastly different but hopefully it was helpful.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, So whether so whether you buy your jackets.
Speaker 1: Traveler, whether you're live by the seat of your pants, we hope, whether you take your jacket or buy it there, whether you fly Delta or Spirit or Frontiers, whether you get two free bags or you split one with your friends, whether you bring wine home, or or whether your yeah or just magnets home.
Speaker 2: You know, I held so in my old age. Oh, I've noticed that. I'm just like, you know what, I'm just gonna fucking get there.
Speaker 1: You're like, you've lost all the fucks, and I'm like, I got them all.
Speaker 2: That's so funny. I honestly feel like as you get older, you either lose all the fucks or you're like, hey, listen, I'm older, I'm gonna I'm gonna be bougie serve.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's where totally totally yeah. Maybe one day I'll venture into that category, but for now, I'm like, listen, I love it. If I can get I'm gonna get there for three hundred dollars. Yeah, I get it anyway, Thanks guys, Thanks bye, All right e, besties. That's it for this episode of the Wine and Wine Podcast. Don't leave us hanging, like subscribe and follow, or else we'll drink all the wine without you kidding kind of, And Hey, tell a friend they need to be bessies too. Bye.