Speaker 1: And welcome one and all.
Speaker 2: Hi, how are you welcome to the Big Podcast on this Tuesday. Today is the seventh day of April, Year of Our Lord twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: My name is Tom Sullivan. And well, I would love to I looked over everything and it's just wall to wall war, and I would love to do some other things. I've got a little bit about Artemis two and they've done the fly by past the Moon. We'll find out what the latest is with them. Uh, we'll get you updated. Oh, Kalshi, the prediction market, that's we haven't talked about that, but I do want to try to get to that too. But first let me start. Let me start with what is the big news story today, and that is the President put out on Truth's Social a post which is basically yet another deadline. Now he has five deadlines in a row that have been imposed but haven't come to fruition. So now everybody's talking about the water cooler here is talking about well is he going to do it? Is he going to do it? Do you think it's going to happen? Do you think he's going to bomb him? Do you think he's not going to bomb You think he's going to be a taco trade. What do you think? So let me read that. Let me read the Social Truth Social post to you. We'll start there and then we'll start getting some opinions about what's going to happen tonight. The Truth Social says the full a whole civilization will die tonight, never to be brought back again. I don't want this to happen, but it probably will. However, now that we have complete and total regime change where different, smarter and less radicalized minds prevail, maybe something revolutionary, wonderful can happen. Who knows. We will find out tonight one of the most important moments in the long and complex history of the world. Forty seven years of extortion, corruption and death will finally end. God bless the great people of Iran. That's what Donald Trump posted on True Social this morning. First of all, I don't want I would like for them to capitulate. I would like for them to throw in the towel and go away. But I mean, I just don't agree with the President on this. Assay is now that we have complete and total regime change where different, smarter and less radicalized minds prevailed, They're they're they're pulling his leg. In my humble opinion, you can't take what happened after the end of World War Two. We didn't take the Third Reich top officers and put them in charge. No, we all all of the the US military along when we split Germany up into four sections, US, Soviet, UK and France, and we are military stepped in and ran. That went on for four years where foreign victors were the ones who ran the country, that was the one that caused the war, and the German officers, the top ranks of the German officers were put on trial in Nurremberg. A lot of them saw the d of a hanging rope go to Japan into World War two. What happened. Did we turn everything over to the Japanese authorities? No?
Speaker 3: Not.
Speaker 1: For six years, General Douglas MacArthur was in charge of basically setting up the new government of Japan. And what we did, we said, see this, this is called a constitution. Why don't you do something like this? And they put together a constitution which was a copy job off of ours mostly. But in Germany for four years the victors ran the country. In Japan, six years, the victors ran the country I don't understand this turning it over to people that were part of that are part of the regime. And again, the Supreme leader is still there, we think somewhere. So I'm sorry. I'm looking at this and going this. You can't negotiate with these people. You're going to have to replace them. We're going to have to go in and take over the government and set it up and put people in charge. But it will take a few years. I know people are in a big hurry. Well, Katie McFarlane, I'm going kt a long time. She was the deputy National security officer for President Trump. In one point. Oh, let's see what kat has to say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that what President Trump's haid yesterday when he said we're negotiating with new people, and then then the truth social post what you've just read. He said, we're negotiating with a new regime, a change regime. That means that they're pretty active negotiations going on. And then the attack this morning was just a few minutes ago. In Krk Island. Kirk Island does two things. It's in the middle of the Strait of Ramous and it has military facilities on the site on the island and it has where all the oil gets offloaded from Iran pipelines and then onto tankers. So what President Trump is just is he's taken out the military capability to all the facilities, the naval facilities and others on carg Island, and all he has to do is turn the guns just a few miles and he could take out their entire entered oil expert industry. And you've just talked about this is like fifty percent of their GMP. This is the IRGC's piggybank. This is how they make the money. And so President Trump is saying to these new leaders that he's now negotiating with, see what I can do, and in twelve hours, if you don't exceed, if you don't agree to Mike demands, then we could blow up the whole thing. And that really will set Aron's economy back, as infrastructure back. It could be rebuilt, and it could be rebuilt with American help, but it will put around at a just a devastating position. So this is going to be the most baranock on twelve hours you have ever experienced.
Speaker 1: Well, I like KT, but she's falling into the same trap that we're talking to somebody, some new people. Yes they're not the same people. I agree with that, but they're part of the regime and they will start the very next day working on rebuilding everything they can for taking care of getting a nuclear bomb, wiping out Israel, and attacking the United States. They're going to try to do that. You got to get rid of all of those people. They cannot be kept in place. So the deadline eight o'clock Eastern time tonight, just for your time zone. But well, I can ask you, I can't I can't hear the answer, but I got to tell you something. I I'll go through a bunch of these people that are highly informed. But I don't think this whole thing, about a whole civilization will die tonight, never to be brought back again. I don't think so. First of all, because he's still talking to the regime. Secondly, I just I think he's done. Like I said, he's done this five times, and at the end of the fifth deadline he comes up with some alternative plan, and I think that's what he's going to all of a sudden, they're going to have some deal. They're not going to do a deal until the last minute, anyway, and secondly President even said in his statement, I don't want this to happen. So that's not the talk of somebody who is absolutely we're going to do this. And thirdly, you don't tell the enemy when you're coming, do You never broadcast to the enemy this is when we're going to be there between eight pm and midnight Eastern time. So he might bomb a bridge or two, or blow up some remote power plant somewhere, but he's not going to do a full scale what he called him back to the stone age that he's been saying a couple times this past week. How about Paula Hancock, She is in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. What's going on there, Paula?
Speaker 5: Well, okay, we haven't had response at this point to the most recent posts from Iran, but we certainly had some response to the threats that the US President was giving on Monday about the power plants, the bridges will be impacted. We heard from one senior Iranian security official saying that Aran, as far as their concerns, believes that they have dealt a strategic victory, saying that they believe the US president has lost control of this war. We also heard from the Revolutionary Guard saying that they believe Trump's threats are baseless and delusional, so a real rejection from these threats. And in any war, you do have this parallel propaganda battle, of course, But as we are hearing this escalation by the US President, by the Trump administration, Iranian officials are matching it and they are right there with them. In fact, we from an Iranian deputy minister that he had called for the youth in Iran to actually form a human chain around power plants to try and protect them. So we are hearing as well from the President Masu Pezeshkian, who is considered to be one of the more reasonable members of this regime, saying that there's more than forteen million people within the country that are willing to die to protect the Islamic regime. So we are not hearing any backing down when it comes to Iranian officials, at least not in rhetoric. And people here in the Gulf region I'm in Abadabi in the UAE, they are on tenter hooks. They are concerned that this deadline, even though we have seen them being pushed in the past, may actually be the deadline that sticks because they know that if there are these attacks against the energy infrastructure, the civilian infrastructure in Iran, that will be reciprocated to US interests, and that will be these countries here in the golf that will have to bear the brunt. We've already seen a number of pieces of energy infrastructure being impacted in Kata. We know it one of their LNG facilities, for example. It'll take five years to get back and dam it and create solutions to fix the damage. We know here in the UAE there have been oil fields, there have been gas fields, fuel tanks at airports are being targeted. So there is a recognition that any retaliation from Iran will go towards Israel, but it will also be these countries here that will be impacted. So there is definitely a feeling of limbo, a feeling of weight and see and hoping that it doesn't get to that, but also a feeling of helplessness. These leaders in this region know that they can't convince the US President to pull back. They did try and convince him not to start this war in the first place, but were unable to. So there is definitely concern that this deadline is fast approaching.
Speaker 1: Did you hear what she said about the fact that the president of Iran wants the people to go out and surround basically a human shield around the power plants, around train stations, around places that are going to be attacked. And she didn't say it, but the word coming out of Iran is he wants children, children to go out. And Trump thinks he's negotiating wisdom. What did he call them, smarter less radicalized minds. No, they're just as crazy. They're just as radical. He wants children to go out and surround the power plants so that the Americans won't attack. And this is a technique. By the way, if you go back to the Iran Iraq war lasted for ten years, what Iran would do is they would put children to go out onto a field to find any land mines. Yeah, children to go find go after little little child and find the land mines. They didn't. They don't care about their people, They don't care about the life of their citizens. They only care about their own regime. I got to tell you, I want to play this for you. Remember the story about Quizam Solimani. He was the head of the Islamic Revolutionary guard coorep IRGC. He was responsible for killing many Americans. Donald Trump used the CIA and he was visiting Baghdad and poof a missile hit his car and he was gone. Well, Iran has been furious about it ever since. So we find yesterday that Solomoni's family is living in this country. They're in different places, but there are some of the young young women that were his I guess nieces or daughters living in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills living large. There is a woman by the name of Shila Nazarian. She is a physician in La She and her family had to run for their lives to get out from underneath the regime of the Ayatola. Listen to what she talks about regarding how many of this and she says, these relatives of Solomoni are just a handful compared to thousands of people from Iran that are in this country promoting the regime's violence. If you will.
Speaker 3: These women are posting in bikinis on yachts, they are wearing v neck dresses down to their belly buttons. They are want to be Instagram influencers. All on the blood money money that was embezzled stolen from the Iranian people, and there's thousands of them just too. There's thousands in the US, in Canada and in London, and they are such hypocrites. You can show a few strands of hair in Iran, get seventy four lashes. I've seen women kicked to the ground, kicked in their heads while on the ground for violating the hijab policy in Iran. Women have been raped, women have been killed for showing their hair, much less these women showing, like if you look at their Instagram, it's infuriating. They're on yachts, they're on helicopters, they're shopping on rodeo drive half naked, and it's almost like, you know, rules for thee but not for me in full display.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So they're showing a lot of skin, they're not wearing a hjab. They are living big time on stolen money, and they're living the large life in the US, but at the same time promoting death to America, all pro Iranian regime.
Speaker 3: We see that all the time. Unfortunately, not just with these Iranian elites daughters, but we see it in the Somali community as well. My family claimed asylum and came here in nineteen eighty six, and we have never returned because if we do, we will get killed. Meanwhile, you see these Iranians or these Somali's vacation in the country that they're claiming asylum from. That is not a real asylum claim. If they were really afraid for their lives, they would not be vacationing in their home countries.
Speaker 1: You can't be afraid of leaving your old country if you go back there on vacation. Apparently Solimani's daughters do that on a regular basis. Another item that has been lost in all of this is France recently got two of their citizens released. They were in prison in the Iran for the last couple of years, and all of a sudden, these French prisoners were released. And doctor Nazarian has some suspicions about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I want to address the two French prisoners that were released. Perhaps that wasn't a good faith thing. Perhaps that was because France denied Israeli airspace to transport US weapons and that was the deal they made with Iran. There is no good faith negotiations with this regime. This regime has shown for forty seven years that they use negotiations as a stall tactic, as a delay tactic, and a tool in their armamentarium to do whatever it is that they want in secret there. Unfortunately, and I hate to say it, I hate war, I hate death, I hate killing. I'm a physician, but with this regime, they understand no other language but force, and they are willing to sacrifice their most vulnerable. They told the children to go stand in front of the targets that Trump claimed he was going to bomb tonight. So they don't care about their people. All they care about is power, money, and a worldwide califate. And they understand no other language other than force. And if that's the language they want us to speak, we will speak it.
Speaker 1: So did you hear what she said? Is so true? I mean, I'm no diplomat, but I know that they use negotiations for stall tactics to basically wait and hold everybody off so they can continue to keep building their nuclear bombs or whatever it's been that they've been trying to stall off it. But she was right, and I hope the president hears her that you can't negotiate with this regime or anybody that's been part of the regime and the President says that they're in their negotiating with them, So that's not I hope there's somebody at the White House who knows this. It's very, very frustrating. Senator Ron Johnson, the Republican from Wisconsin, He's going, oh, I don't know if we should do anything. Yours his comment.
Speaker 6: I am hoping in praying the President Trump is this really is blustered. I do not want to see us start blowing up civilian infrastructure. I do not want to see that we are not at war with Uranian people. Yeah, we are trying to liberate them, that is.
Speaker 1: True, but you can't separate out the citizens of the country versus their leaders. Mike Lawler, congressman from New York, had this response.
Speaker 7: Ye, I don't disagree with what Ron Johnson said there, and I think if you look at the President's statement, he doesn't want to do that. He doesn't want to be in a position to have to take that action. But obviously you are dealing with the regime that has not negotiated in good faith for decades and inclusive of the last few weeks, and so ultimately, when they are talking about having children surround a power plant, the Iranian regime on state TV is calling for children to go surround power plants. This is the depraved indifference you're talking about with this regime, and so ultimately, if you have to take necessary action to curtail their capabilities. Obviously, their oil trade is a big component of that ninety percent you talk about ninety percent being delivered through carg Island. Ninety percent of Iran's oil is purchased by who China. China is the biggest purchaser of Iranian petroleum. That is what is financed their entire illicit activity over these past many decades. So the President is putting on the table taking action against their energy facilities, against their infrastructure, because that will cripple the regime. Is it something we want to do, No, of course, but we want this regime to finally negotiate in good faith.
Speaker 1: I don't understand what's wrong with these people. They're supposed to be the best and the brightest to the leaders of our country, and they keep talking about that you can't negotiate with this regime. But we need to negotiate with this regime and do it in good faith. We're doing it in good faith. If they're not they never have, they never will. You're going to have to replace the regime. And the problem with that is Americans don't want boots on the ground, But you can't replace the regime without occupying the country and occupying their government offices. So I'm sorry we're in this pickle, but this is the pickle that I see. Dan Hoffman, former CIA station chief, let's see what he thinks.
Speaker 8: Well, I think there's three ways this could play out. One is that we do nothing. I certainly don't see that happening. The second option is that we either have a deal or significant progress towards a deal. And the third option is that we don't get any of that progress and the President decides to start launching these strikes. This is a clear statement from the President of warning Iran that we would take action like this, and US credibility is at stake.
Speaker 1: So I have no doubt.
Speaker 8: That we've got our bombers warmed up in the bullpen ready to take action if Iran doesn't proceed to negotiate in good faith. These things are never decided, it appears, at least with Iran until the last minute.
Speaker 1: Again, the President, I mean, that's his wheelhouse, right negotiating. But this is a different group. You're the people on the other side of the table are not like anybody he's negotiated with ever in his life. And everybody from everybody all the way down the list, the Congressman Mike Lawler to Ron Johnson to Katie McFarlane, they're all thinking that we need to negotiate with these people like they're normal people. They're not. And so a lot of the former bad people we have eliminated, right we bombed their smithereens. They're gone. So we got this new group the President is talking about. And the new group is saying, send children to surround the power plans in the train stations. That's how twisted these people are. This is the new What did the President call them, different, smarter and less radicalized leaders. I don't think so.
Speaker 8: Back to Dan Hoffman, I think those strikes were designed to push Iran in the right direction and let them know that we're serious about launching strikes tonight if Iran doesn't meet the eight pm deadline. We have the capability and we have clearly the willpower to launch serious strikes on Iran, and I think that's what was behind some of these strikes. It's worth noting that Israel has been striking Iran's critical infrastructure, petrochemical industry, and their steel industry as well, all along as well as key leadership targets, as you noted.
Speaker 1: And so we hit Carg Island, but they have some military facilities on the island, that's what we hit overnight. But the oil infrastructure there at Carg Island was not touched. That's what the president is threatening. Yeah, so listen.
Speaker 8: I think yesterday's press conference where we saw Director of CI John Ratcliffe standing beside President Trump, was really a window into the extraordinary cooperation we see from the intelligence community informing the president and other key policymakers so they can make the best decisions. And of course we saw that with the rescue of our airmen and then post facto on that strike against the F fifteen. Where did that manpad come from? The extent to which China or Russia is not just providing Iran with financial assistance, but arming them as well and giving them the intelligence Iran needs to strike our military assets, these are all things that the intelligence community, I think is very much focused on.
Speaker 1: Man Pack is LINGO for the shoulder fired heat seeking missile that brought down that F fifteen. So one more from Dan Hoffman, Well, does he think there's going to be bombs flying after eight pm or a deal with I keep the deal will be with these people that are not right in the head. But let's hear what Dan has to say.
Speaker 8: I think there's just a lot happening behind the scenes, and I wouldn't be surprised if even the CIA is reaching out clandestinely to their contacts inside Iran and in the region. We honestly may not see much. We might see more military strikes from the United States or from Israel today, of course, and maybe more on the on carg Island, designed to demonstrate to Iran that we're serious about this deadline, but we may not see much definitive evidence of where we're headed until close to eight pm.
Speaker 1: Well, again, my bet is that we will not have a deal and that the President will order some strikes. But that's what we've been doing now for the last four weeks, so I don't think it's anything totally new. Matthew Chance is a reporter in Doha in Qatar. Let's find out what it looks like from his vantage point.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think that's right. No one, despite all this rhetoric and all this bombast about destroying entire civilizations, no one is really ruling out the possibility. However slim, it may seem that something could happen at the eleventh hour that to set back this deadline even further, or even bring to an end of the conflict.
Speaker 1: Remember.
Speaker 9: Yeah, this is the fifth deadline in a row that the President Trump has imposed on his own threat, and so you know, it's possibly it could be a sixth time. That's certainly the hope. I've just come out of meetings with Katari officials. I'm talking to you now from Doha. There is a lot of concern and alarm across this golf region, which is very energy rich, and which is very concerned about what impact escalation of the conflict in Iran is going to have.
Speaker 6: Yet.
Speaker 9: Yes, of course, this threat to by the US military to strike at civilian infrastructure in Iran would cause untold damage to the Islamic Republic, but it would also potentially have a massive knock on effect across the region. Because Iran has vowed to retaliate in kind against the neighboring golf states. They've all got very vulnerable energy infrastructure installations, oil rigs, gas production facilities, things like that that can be struck very easily and be very difficult to rebuild. And you know already the region is losing I mean, untold Tom's billions of dollars a day in Katar alone. If Iran is good to its word and as every sense that it will be, and retaliates against the regional infrastructure, that could have a massive impact on the regional economy, a long lasting impact, and of course a huge impact on the global economy as well. And that's the real concern as we approach President Trump's latest deadline to send Iran back to the Stone Ache.
Speaker 1: So he sounded very similar to Paula Hancock, which she was in Abu Dhabi talking about they were very worried that Iran will attack Abu Dhabi. Matthew Chances in Doha, very worried about Iran will attack Doha. If allow this happens tonight. Colonel Cedric Layden, retired Air Force intel guy, this is his view.
Speaker 10: This is quite amazing rhetoric, quite frankly from the President, and when you're talking in civilizational terms, it actually kind of plays into the hands of the Iranian regime because they see their struggle for existence, their revolutionary struggle for existence, as being an existential struggle against the forces of the West and against forces of non Shia Islam. They are, of course the representatives they see as being the representatives of Shia Islam, and they believe that their job is to not only maintain their regime, but to spread to their revolution and to spread the ideas of Shia Islam. So when he couches, when the president couches this in civilizational terms like this, this gets into really their sandbox, and it makes this a you know, conflict between civilizations, and that's a really dangerous area to be in.
Speaker 1: Well it is, and meantime the markets are they're not sure what to do either. They are just not sure what to do. Let me look at the oil quote right now. Because it was up to one hundred and sixteen. Well oil backed off, it took off this morning, went up to one hundred and sixteen dollars and seventy seven cents. It's backed off and trading right now at one hundred and twelve. So it's staying in that one twelve to one sixteen range as far as gasoline goes the price. The average price of gas is up another few cents, four dollars fourteen cents for the cheap stuff. That's the national average for diesel five sixty five go to There are now four states with gasoline above five dollars on average for the cheap stuff, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, and California. So the Western states are all above five dollars. California five dollars ninety three cents. They're almost at six that's the cheap stuff, and diesel seven dollars and seventy three cents. The county by Yosemite in California is six dollars and seventy two cents for a gallon of gasoline. And who was it that was reporting? Oh, on the coast of California, there's a gas station now that has bumped up the price to ten dollars ten dollars for filling. And on the coast of California, there's not a lot of civilization out there. No, no, no, those they're beautiful little towns. It's a wonderful drive go down Highway one along the California coast, But there's these little towns are not close to each other, and so you better get gas when you're going through that town or you're going to run out when you get down the road. A little bit as far as travel goes, Artemis two, they did their fly by around the Moon and some of the photos. You got to check out the photos that they've taken there are much sharper than what they took fifty years ago, better lenses, better cameras. But it's just absolutely beautiful what they do. Butch Wilmer retired after that. I was talking about the fact that they've completed that part and they're now trying to break loose of the gravity from the Moon and lets the gravity from Earth catch them as they head back to Earth. On Friday, here's but Wilmer.
Speaker 11: So that's significant because as they start to trek back towards Earth, the gravitational pull of the Earth is going to pull them in and they're going to come faster and faster and faster. I'm not sure if they'll break the record for the fastest humans ever, but there's a good chance they will. Time will tell, but they'll wind up traveling about twenty five thousand miles per hour. That's faster than seven miles per second when they get back to the Earth and start re entering the atmosphere, So they have to a very narrow window to re enter the atmosphere. If you're too shallow, way too shallow, then you skip off the atmosphere. You've already justisened your thrusters from the service module, so you really you just skip off and you just keep going that Obviously, you don't want that to happen. So they had to hit the atmosphere at the exactly right angle and they'll be firing those thrusters to get them on that exact trajectory. It's mesmerizing, it's thrilling. I mean, just think humans giving the planet from that vantage point first time in over fifty years, and it's going to be something that we're going to continue to do as we go forward.
Speaker 1: I know we've done this before, but this is pretty exciting. And the photos You've got to check out the photos that are absolutely beautiful. Kalshie, have you seen where they're really pushing hard to get their name out there. They are a site that is getting well, they're getting banned in a lot of places because I think they are simply a betting site. They say that They are a prediction market site, but I look at them and they look pretty darn much like a gambling site to me. I'm looking at the homepage of it is first one, it's politics. How long will the government shut down? Congress? Will members of Congress be banned from trading stocks? And you can bet on this stuff? Sixty two percent believe that they will. Under Trump, will Americans receive terra stimulus checks? Only fourteen percent believe they will Democratic presidential nominee, thirty percent believe Gavin Newsom Republican presidential nominee, thirty seven percent for Vance, twenty four percent for Rubio. This is all you put money up and then you place your bet. That's the same as as the casinos, isn't it. I don't see the difference. But they're getting their name out there in a big, big way. All right, let's find out how the markets handle us today. And again, everybody's looking at their watches and counting down until eight pm tonight. This is Tuesday, the seventh of April. That were recording all of this. But as far as the markets go, Dow was never positive today, but it never went too far down, down a couple hundred but it came back to finish down eighty five. The DOW at forty six thousand and five eighty four. The SMP was up five, the NADDAC was up twenty one. Both of them were also mostly underwatered. A little rally near the end, price of gold went up forty one dollars to forty seven twenty five, and oil when all of a sudden done like I said, it got up to one sixteen. I think it was one sixteen and some change. It finished down eight cents. That's it, at one hundred and twelve dollars for a barrel of oil. Keep your eyes on eight o'clock tonight. We'll find out what happens and talk about it tomorrow. I'll be here, and I hope you are too. Other four c
Speaker 4: Mhm