Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, the pup quiz practice show that hits you pal right in the quizzer.
Speaker 2: I'm Annie Flora, I'm David Flora, and.
Speaker 1: We're here to teach you more about trivia than there are people who are like, Oh wow, Harry Cad, what a hero do England. Let's get tattoos of his name.
Speaker 2: Harry Potter, Caine, the magic Man, he did it.
Speaker 1: What a guy? What a ball kicking man?
Speaker 2: Richard the Lionheart, Robin Hood, Winston Churchill, Harry Kate. Yeah, it's coming home, boys, it's coming home.
Speaker 1: Pretty exciting for those of you who aren't watching the World Cup.
Speaker 2: We're done, We're done.
Speaker 1: That was a reference to a player who kicked the ball a couple of times. It's so fresh, so clean, clean. Hey David, let's give a big shout out to Andrew.
Speaker 2: Care for the coffee. Thank you, Andrew, thank you.
Speaker 1: And guess what, we have a new Patriots.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: We really appreciate it. And if you want to support us, you can be like Andrew and Emily and do so. Because we love it.
Speaker 2: We will allow it.
Speaker 1: I won't prevent you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can buy his Coffee kodesh Fi dot com slash quizbang Pod or join our pay Treon at Patreon dot com slash quiz bang Yeah.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, I think we can hop in we have a couple of corrections, but we'll do that at the end of the episode. This is how the show works.
Speaker 2: Quiz Quiz Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions, each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang Bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the Big Bang, a final round with three questions whose answers are all clues to one final question.
Speaker 1: Round one. Question one, the category is music. This question comes from listener Major Data.
Speaker 2: Thank you Major, you Major?
Speaker 1: What is the Big four of Britpop? Question two? The category is television Before the Carson era, Steve Allen and Jack Parr were hosts of Which show? Question three? The category is games and hobbies. What two colors are the discs in Othello? Question four? The category is US history. This question comes from listener Nolan, Thank you know Linz. What two US presidents died on the same day? The fiftieth anniversary of the adoption of the Declaration of Independence, and now the answers to round one. Question one, What is the Big four of brit pop? It's Oasis, Blur and Pulp Princess Donut would approve of one of those? Question two. Before the Carson era, Steve Allen and Jack Parr were hosts of Which show the Tonight Show? Question three? What two colors are the discs in Othello? Black and white? I used to love that game. I don't play it much anymore.
Speaker 2: Never played it.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: I always remembered seeing it on the Nintendo, the original Nintendo for rental and I was like, that looks awful. Why would anybody rent this? And I'll rent Mega Man for the third time.
Speaker 1: I think that probably was a good call. I don't think you can compare it to a video game as a child. Probably not that interesting. Question four. What two US presidents died on the same day the fiftieth anniversary of the adoption of the Declaration of Independence? John Adams and Thomas Jefferson Enemies turned frenemies turned enemies?
Speaker 2: Round two? Question five. The category is society and Culture. Which medal was the award for Bravery in the German Army from eighteen seventy one to nineteen forty five, and was derived from the insignia of the medieval Teutonic Order and borne by its knights from the thirteenth century. Question six category science, of which common medal is box eight the chief or and for two extra points? Of which rare medal is it also the main source? Question seven category Sports. This one comes to us from listener Bobby.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Bobby, Thank you, Bobby.
Speaker 2: What are the only two countries to win the World Cup in consecutive years? Question eight category tasty licks. This is a before and after involving a band or musician and a food item. For example, if I said this chocolate confection will have you living on a prayer, the answer would be Bon bon Jovi, Here we go. Michael Jackson famously loved the cinema, earning this nickname based on his musical reign and a movie theater staple. And now the answers to round two. Question five. Which medal was the award for bravery in the German Army from eighteen to nineteen forty five, the Iron Cross. It is no longer used because of Nazis. Question six, of which common metal is box site the chief or and for two extra points, which rare metal is it also the main source? Aluminum comes from boxite, and gallium is the rare metal that you can also get out of box site. It's kind of a byproduct from what I understand, And I found that vanadium can also apparently be found in box site, but that's not the main source for.
Speaker 1: Vanadium classic vanadium.
Speaker 2: Question seven, what are the only two countries to win the World Cup in consecutive years? Brazil and Italy?
Speaker 1: Italy didn't even make it this year.
Speaker 2: Take this accolade away from them? And question eight. Michael Jackson famously loved the cinema, earning this nickname based on his musical reign and a movie theater staple. That would be the King of Popcorn.
Speaker 1: That's a good pun.
Speaker 2: Won't thank you, Annie.
Speaker 1: That's it for the first half, which means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is European Geography. You will have thirty seconds to answer the following question name the six largest towns or cities in the Republic of Ireland. Your time starts now.
Speaker 2: And that's time. The six largest towns and cities in the Republic of Ireland are Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Waterford and Dracada.
Speaker 1: Round three. Question nine. The category is fashion, now known for its handbags and leather goods, which French luxury goods company was named for its founder, not the Greek messenger God. Question ten. The category is society and culture. This question comes from knife in Turkey. Great to hear from you, guys, Thank you knife.
Speaker 2: In Turkey, knife in Turkey.
Speaker 1: Of the roughly two hundred national anthems and current use, four have no official lyrics. Name them bonus points if you know the name of the anthems. Question eleven. The category is history. Which Carthaginian general provoked the Second Punic War with the Roman Republic. Question twelve. The category is music, which band's famous logo includes red lips in a tongue sticking out? And now the answer is to Round three Question nine, now known for its handbags and leather goods, which French luxury goods company was named for its founder, not the Greek messenger God. Ermez spelled like Hermes, but bought like Ermez. Question ten of the roughly two hundred national anthems in current use. Four have no official lyrics. Name them bonus points if you know the names of the anthems you have Spain with the marcha real San Marino with Terra de de Liberta. It's also known as oh, Oh, Ancient Republic man, things sound so much better before you try sleep them. Bosnia and Herzegovina with intermezzo, and Kosovo's Europa. So none of these have official lyrics, but some have unofficial lyrics. So if you listen to one and there are lyrics, that's why arrest them. Question eleven. Which Carthaginian general provoked the Second Punic War with the Roman Republic Hannibal.
Speaker 2: He had to invade Italy for that nice kiante?
Speaker 1: Question twelve. Which band's famous logo includes red lips and a tongue sticking out the rolling stones?
Speaker 2: Round four? Question thirteen. The category is landmarks. This one comes from listener Jose, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Jose, thank you, Jos.
Speaker 2: Did Stonehenge get constructed before or after the Great Pyramid of Giza was built? Question fourteen, Category literature. Fill in the last three words of the New York Times famous slogan, all the news that's blank. Blank blank Question fifteen, Category Mythology. Who is the Roman god Neptune's Greek equivalent? Question sixteen? Category Space Launched in nineteen seventy two? What number mission was the final one of NASA's Apollo program? And now they answers to round four Question thirteen? Did Stonehinge get constructed before or after? The Great Pyramid of Giza was built?
Speaker 1: Before three aliens got there first?
Speaker 2: Thirty one hundred BCE versus twenty five sixty BCE? Question fourteen. Fill in the last three words of the New York Times famous slogan all the news that's fit to print? Question fifteen? Who is the Roman god Neptune's Greek equivalent? Poseidon? Question sixteen? Launched in nineteen seventy two, What number mission was the final one of NASA's Apollo program seventeen? So Apollo seventeen was the last of the Apollo missions and also the last crude moon landing mission.
Speaker 1: And that's it for the regular rounds, which means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round is Technology and Culture. We will give you three clue questions which are all hints to one final question. The clue questions may not fall under the same category. Question one, what seven letter V word means of old recognized and enduring interest or quality or old fashioned?
Speaker 2: Question two? What two word term is used for all of the frequencies of sound combined? Something many people like in the background?
Speaker 1: Question three? In artillery, what type of ammunition consists of a collection of smaller caliber round shots packed tightly in a canvas bag named after what it resembles when packed?
Speaker 2: And your big bang question again the categories technology and culture. In twenty twenty one, England's then Prince Charles revealed his Aston Martin dB six Volante had been converted to run on what.
Speaker 1: Liquid and now the answers to the big bang round question what what seven letter V word means of old recognized and enduring interest or quality or old fashioned vintage?
Speaker 2: Question two? What two word term is used for all the frequencies of sound combined? Something you might like in the background white noise?
Speaker 1: Question three? In artillery, what type of ammunition consists of a collection of smaller caliber round shots packed tightly in a canvas bag named after what it resembles when packed? Grape shot, grape shot marty.
Speaker 2: And finally, In twenty twenty one, England's then Prince Charles revealed his asked and Martin dB six Valante had been converted to run on what liquid the liquid made in vintages of white grapes wine.
Speaker 1: I mean they talk about finding something else to get cars to run on. I don't know that I ever thought of wine as a good replacement.
Speaker 2: I run on it. Yeah, this was converted to run on e eighty five bioethanol, which is a mix of eighty five percent bioethanol made from leftover wine cheese way and fifteen percent unleaded gas, so there is still a little gas in there. The wine used is not fit for human consumption, and the way is merely a cheese buy product, so this is just taking what's left over after processing.
Speaker 1: Yeh, so this sounds more practical after all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's not viable for a source, even though it can say it's renewable. The amount of production I think that you would need of it would either not be sustainable or be very bad too, like cows and goats or whatever make the cheese, and then grapes probably can't keep up with. I don't know. It just is one of those things where it works, but there's a.
Speaker 1: Lot of this works if you're the King of England.
Speaker 2: The designer he asked them to do this. He asked the designers of Aston Martin and they pushed back at first, saying that's ridiculous, it'll ruin the car. And he kind of was like, okay, then I just won't drive the car, and they're like, okay, hang on, we don't want the Prince of England to not want to drive our cars. Anyways, they relented, and then once they figured it out, they admitted it ran better and was more powerful on that fuel than on petrol.
Speaker 1: That's interesting.
Speaker 2: And the now king said it smells delicious as you're driving along.
Speaker 1: Because he's so when he drives his Aston Martin along it smells like cheese and wine.
Speaker 3: My gosh, hell, the other half loops, why doesn't our car smell like cheese and wine.
Speaker 2: When we drive a rest sorry and we're pulls, we'll never know. We can only hope to be on the road side whilst he drives by.
Speaker 1: And be like unconsumable King.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you got a car to run on salt water, I think we'd be sitting pretty. But yeah, it's not very profitable or smoke, just get it to run. Smoke.
Speaker 1: If we got cars to run on pollution, Wow.
Speaker 2: Ran on pollution and output caviar for one.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The byproduct is so what were these corrections we had to make?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, so we got a couple of corrections from rocket scientist John. He says he's still enjoying the podcast and sharing it with his son, Hello rocket scientist John and son, very.
Speaker 2: Nice, junior scientist.
Speaker 1: Ah. First, with respect to the question about the president of Hungary, you badly mispronounced his name. I apologize, as I learned from my grad school advisor who grew up there. Magyard does not really mean hungry. It is the name of the predominant ethnic group in their own name for their country. Hungry is the Western version. His second a minor knit. The protagonist of Count de Monte Cristo is not in prison and at the beginning, but after the events that lead up to it, So that's true. At the beginning of the book, he is, Oh, he's doing great, carefree and fancy, free and just so happy until everything falls apart. It is a great read, though, if you haven't read Count of Monte Cristo highly recommend.
Speaker 2: And it's a Dantes yes, and then May.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did accidentally say Dante instead of Dantes, and I think that was just a little brain hiccup that sometimes I just don't so yes, it's so. I think what that means is that I need to reread the book, which is great for me because if you're like I, don't read classical books, they're a drag. Read this one. It reads like an action.
Speaker 2: It's a phenomenal book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sad that's something I love so much. I messed up because it's a great book. So to anyone who's ever considered reading it, it's on your reading list. Do yourself a favor. It's a treat and a half. Thanks May, Thanks Rocketite as John. We always appreciate feedback. So keep us honest and keep us clean. You don't have to keep us clean, no, not, thank you.
Speaker 2: Much. You're enough to do that for ourselves.
Speaker 1: And that's about it. We hope everyone is safe. It's a little scary in Colorado right now, so we hope that all of you listeners are in safe areas, and we hope that for all the firefighters that the wind calms down and that you also are safe while fighting the good fight.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you and don't forget that. July eleventh, Saturday, we have our Zoom Trivia at noon Mountain Time. Hope to see you there. Thanks for listening again and for this episode of Quiz Quiz, Bank Bang, I've been, David, Flora.
Speaker 1: I've been, and Flora, here's looking at you.
Speaker 2: Quiz