Speaker 1: The only bug I want to talk about is Spider Man. We got more stuff to plug lad more things to talk about. But uh, yeah, I'll say I got Patreon questions, I got overall questions. Don't need to I guess I got the Ron DeMeo score because I don't go to usually we predict that. But where's just I'd say, out of ten, where's your excitement level? Four? In two days, you'll be seen in the theater. It's been five years, you know, four and a half. It's still five calendar years since we've been watching a live action Spider Man. Where is uh, where's the hype that? Right now?
Speaker 2: It's like bubbling under the surface like a dormant volcano. I feel I feel like this is me anytime I'm like leading up to a vacation, is I just like, for whatever reason, just don't think about it at all. And like for some reason, Spidey just feels so far away still because I'm just like just think about work and like what I have to do, like get stuff done before my time off.
Speaker 3: So I'm just really.
Speaker 2: Focused on that right now. But then it's like I think you just said two days away is spidy? And yeah too, sleep.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy. It's it's super crazy. I was talking to someone at work about that today and it was getting me more amped, like the more I was talking talking about it, just because it has been so long. I can't wait to see that suit on the Bake screen man.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that is like.
Speaker 2: The one just baseline. It's looked so amazing since the end of that last movie and then through all the trailers, that suit looks so gorgeous. Uh, can't wait to see like Sadie Scenk in action too, just because there's been so much like I don't know, smoking daggers like around that character. Yeah exactly, Like, yeah, it's the worst around. But at the same time, like I just I'm excited to just reveal that, you know, reveal that.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of like a trope though. I feel like I was thinking about this because someone was talking about Mysterio and the multiverse thing I was reading like on Comic Con Sunday, and I thought they're going somewhere else with the posts and they didn't go there. But almost every film has had this mystery box, right like MJ. They they weren't presenting as that. But Zende end up being a mystery box, right, mysterious whole thing was is he from that earth? And is he actually have powers? This time? No way home? Was is Andrew and Toby are they not? And and then this one. It's when I feel like all those ones in the past we knew the answer going I think the only one we really didn't was if Misterio was from the earth that he said he was. But I think we all kind of thought that, Okay, he's probably a fraudster. But it's funny that all these spier Man's secrets that are right before the release, we're all kind of like, all right, we know what's going on here, but we're still like hype to find out and see how the execute which I always say he's sink right, to see how that all goes down, because again it's go ahead. Sorry.
Speaker 2: I'm also just excited to see a part of the MCU.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: You know, it's been a long build up and wait time, so just what they build up on here. I imagine she's gonna have some significant roles going forward, especially if we get that inevitable Phoenix. The Phoenix saga that I always hate. I imagine that's gonna come no matter what if it is Jean Gray.
Speaker 1: And I will say everybody, we have not I've not read or listened to any I listened to one review, that's it. I've read like the non sports like headlines for on to Matos. But anything we're talking as us speculating. So I think even the postcrads out there, I don't know that. Luckily, I'm pretty good on that tip of stuff because usually because now I've been watching. The times I'm the worst is if I watch a podcast live on YouTube and the chat someone's an asoline just happen to see it. But now I'm using app that gives me YouTube premium in a for free I'll just say, so that work. That helps because I'm a big like close the you know, yeah whatever. So anything we're talking about is still speculation. We know nothing. So just in case it's like, oh, you're splotting, No, no, we know nothing.
Speaker 3: So yeah, no, absolutely nothing.
Speaker 2: Know. I'm completely blind beyond or.
Speaker 3: Yeah past like the trailers.
Speaker 2: That's all I ever re lyas seen on this. I haven't read anything. I haven't like looked into any leaked information, and it's kind of a nice place to be, even though I always think that these Sony trailers just revealed so much. You know me, I'm always just so upset with like how much they showed around, like the Peter and MJ dynamic even ned I'll throw that name in there now. I totally understand why you have to have Zindea all over these movies because she just sells tickets and the whole dynamic between Tom Hollins and Deya mirroring like the uh, the MJ and Peter like, like, people just love that chemistry of those two. So I feel like they would go see this movie because of that. Yeah, She's just not anywhere to be seen. It's just a lot harder ticket to sell.
Speaker 1: But plus, I feel like now with all the stuff they're doing and all the promotion, I feel like we would have we would have kind of figured it out right, Like I'm assuming that she still had been doing the red carpet all that type of stuff. But it's very much been the same as before. It's Tom's and Daya and Jacob Battelon or however you say his last name. I can't remember it, but like it's those three, right, It's the same rigamarole. So I don't know how much they're gonna be in the actual film. There's a lot going on, but uh yeah, I think we would have been like, oh, they're they're in this a lot. So it's almost like the previous I'm kinda happy they confirmed it because then I know that I would be mad in the movie by a little disappointed because I'm like, Okay, they're not doing the let's give Peter Parker a break. It's gonna be probably first ten minutes he's watching MJ. And they're interacting or he's almost interacting, right, So it's like, Okay, this is gonna gonna be a big theme. And at least the one thing I can say that semi guess helps. It doesn't help it from movie to movie, but at least it has been five years in real time, right, So it does feel like, okay, even if the next movie it's hey, MJ's back in the character's life, it has been a while, so it's not all you can't say the character hasn't felt it. I would be more pissed if it was like a year or two later, inspierman Ko in twenty twenty three. It's like, well, it's only been that where now it's like, Okay, it's been five years, so yeah, I guess Peter has been through the shit missing her, right, So.
Speaker 2: If it was like you know, for example, Mando says goodbye to grow.
Speaker 1: Goose, absolutely it comes back and.
Speaker 2: Bubba fat and then next time you see Boba or sorry Mando, they're just back together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everything's fine. Yes, that's the most egregious I'm glad you brought that up as an example.
Speaker 2: So I also feel like part of me is just still just cursed from that Far from Home trailer where I thought it was like great trailer up until the point that they just had the oh well you're Spider Man obviously, like just that. I was so bitter about that, and I feel like I still kind of am.
Speaker 1: Did you ever see the third trailer I put up for this movie for this one? Yeah? Maybe all right, bringing up right down, no joking that I think actually know what you did, because we saw, honestly, that's the one where was the best of trailer. We're showing them like in the trilogy, growing up, and there's a few new scenes, so you got to give them that credit where they're kind.
Speaker 2: Of hidalgo during that, and I'm like, imagine if you haven't seen any of these movies before and you're just getting them all fucking just spoiled a.
Speaker 1: Big movie, or someone's saying it's a huge movie, they're like, that's a lot of years to cover Spider in the high school years, right, they're doing the Raimie. But uh yeah, I plawed them for that because I think there was like a new Hulk scene and knew this, but that was the right way to go for a final trailer because and also maybe they just felt like once they saw the track, which we'll talk about, I think they're like, we're good, Like we we like, this movie's selling Gangbusters. We don't need to say anymore. I said that multiple times, right, And that's why I think even without the secrets, I think the trailers have been just fine. So that's where I don't know where my excitement is at. So it's interesting, not that I care about this because there's many movies. I've told those before. Hook Ron on raw Tomatoes and I one of all time's firriits right, but funny enough, this is so it's at ninety percent certified fresh, so it's great for the critics. That is actually the lowest tom Holmes Spider Man movie, which is kind of funny. It's been bouncing back at starting nine three one to eighty eight, so that's been an interesting So I can't really gauge it from that because I don't know is it like something different? And that's why a few people are met on it. I think from what I've seen and what I think we all worried about, I think the biggest criticism this movie's gonna have is maybe too much going on, which is like it could be right because if Sadie Sink is Geen Gray, to me, that has to be like a sizable even then it's sizable because Sadie Sink she's building up. But if it's Jean Gray and an X Men, that has to be a sizeable portion of this movie. Right. You can't just nearly introduced your first mcux men. It's just kind of there. Right. You got Her, you got Hulk, you got Punisher, you got the guy from Severn Slash Mission impossible, the sub scene, you got MJ Ned, you got Scorpion, you got the Hand, you got whatever else is going on.
Speaker 3: You barely got Scorpion.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, I think you're gonna find him twice. I think, I think, uh, I think, yeah, I think I think he's gonna pop up. Yeah, so I think it's gonna be okay. So yeah, I think that's the only way I have is is there too much going on? And is it gonna be one of those that the movie starts to sing, but then they have to serve too many masters, like, well, we gotta make sure we set up punish sure for his next arc, and we gotta make sure we set up cities and not saying those are wrong things, but will they flow or not flow? Which I don't know. I think one of the best cases of them flowing is like a setup and it's still finishing, not for the Avengers, but it's like civil War where so many resolutions happen. But it feels like T'Challa was set up nicely and Peter was set up nicely, and We're black Widow was going as nicely. You though we got her film what is it?
Speaker 2: Four? No?
Speaker 1: Five years later? It's so prequel that But I think that, to me is the best example of moving something forward while balancing about stuff. So I think that's where I'm just looking for. I think I'm still definitely gonna enjoy it. I think for me, I'm I'm thinking this as like I'll be disappointed if it's No. Eight or higher. That's where my kind of bar is. I know someonda be like, oh, that's kind of high. I don't relatively think so, because I have Spider Man Homecoming and far from Home in like the seven to seven point five range, and then No Way Home. I have it at ten and this, so I think that's like right in the middle. And what I've seen from just what we talked about with some of these shots hestributed to the comic books Spider Man, the suit, the way he's acting, as far as seeing a bit more downtrodden, I think they can hit on something. So I think I got a good gauge where I'm expecting it to be a good Spider Man movie, but not the best and also not like a top ten MSU, but it is great. Who knows, because like Fantastic four, I don't know if it's in my top ten, but it's right there some of the Thunderbolts, so they've they've done it recently, so I don't discount them pulling it off.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think I'm right there with you. On the eight out of ten. I think it's a good number to kind of be out of. I was thinking of going higher just because I really do love this the home trilogy series that we've been on with Tom Holland and crew. This one is like kind of a wild card for me though, because it's like, because of the reset and kind of where Spider Man is, I'm like a little bit worried that I won't necessarily love how how that's kind of handled.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's just kind of a gloomy cloud over my head on what's giving me those thoughts. But overall, like I am still expecting to really enjoy the character dynamics. I kind of have low expectations with Frank, Like I'm I am too.
Speaker 1: I'm worried about were you around when I was talking about, oh you were an on comic Con. They I'll just like, I think it's too big a spoiler, but I'm gonna say I think this helps you to prep it. It's just an awesome see Spider Man and Frank have seen with the Hulk, right, and it was in the TV spot and the scene was going around, it was in the Marble Discords. You might even saw. Actually, I think you laugh reacted, so I think you saw it. It's there's just an image of what Hulk pops up and Frank just like whoa, and he looks like scared out of his life. Now, granted, I'm not sitting here saying that the punisher should be able to take on the Hulk, nor should he not be surprised, but the way berth All sold it in that scene, I was like, I don't know, man, and I think this is really gonna put it to the test because I don't know if I speak here. I love John.
Speaker 2: I don't want to see Frank Castle looking like this, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: I think you're seeing that in two days. I love John birth. Now I don't agree with everything that the guy has ever said or done, you know, like no, no, no, that's fine. I really didn't like his kind of like trying to rehab the image of Shilah. BUFF really didn't like that that tour. And I get it to your friend, but like, I don't know, man, I think we all kind of call that and look, now, yeah, it's a choice, right, But I think for me, I've always just maybe I'm wrong, I've just kind of had a bit of a bullshit meter on the whole, like, well, I'm only gonna do Frank if it like does the character justice right, and like it's a great thing to say. I think Expierman's gonna money. I think expier Man's really gonna put to the test. Because I've said this before. People were fucking shocked when I would say this or be fine and be like I could still buy Punish in a PG thirteen world, Like give that to me enough, and there's a way I want birth all back. You can make it work like punishers in the Superman Animate series in the nineties and that works there. That's fine with me. But I just feel like the one last kill spot Punisher to what we're gonna maybe get here, I don't know, Like I'm just interested, like how much is he gonna be maybe equipping, like because I just feel like the few times we've seen him, he just seems like a bit more upbeat of like I feel like after one last kill, that's not where I left him, right. So I do agree somewhat where it's like, oh yeah, I didn't come back for dinner of Warning again because the image wasn't there, Say okay, but at the same times, like Kirkin said, or was it just the bag wasn't there? Or was it kind of there? And then you know, you know, things changed along the way, and then Camp definitely locked in. I really don't know, right, I don't know the man. This is just gonna be the test. I'm very curious to see people's reaction because I see so many people throw that up. I was like, a like, A, oh, he's he's one of us. He wouldn't do it if they didn't do this, And we'll see what happens here. And I really don't want him to be misused because I was disappointed with one last kill. I guess the good thing is I at least I hope the general audience likes him, and then that means we can get more of them in whether it shows or movie. But I really those are two things to me. If Sadie Sink is Jean Gray, which I think she is, I think they have to nail that introduction. And I really want them to use U punisher right as we've talked about before. I don't want just like even if you seen the scenes of them arguing, like the where are you for?
Speaker 2: You do that like why webs him or a different one.
Speaker 1: No, it's a different one, so it only you've seen that, but it's them arguing. I just like, I just need a scene where like, are they gonna ever talk about their differences of how they crime fight and everything like that, So like that will definitely be a full And that's what to me is super disappointing. And that's where I could see myself going lower below and eight where I go, there's too much here and there's not. It's great that Punisher's in this, but if we didn't use him correctly, was it worth it? Because now it's like, well, he's just kind of around. I don't know. Again, we'll see I've had these worries before. We've been around me and see. I remember when Gardens two was coming out. I don't like any of those trailers. It's like, oh, I don't think I like this movie. I end up loving it. It's arguably my favorite of them. So you never know, you're sitting there in the theater. It's just little fears I have because like obviously, again this saga has not been without its massive bumps, right, so you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Frank is probably like one of the highest things. I'm kind of worried about out in this movie, which is crazy to think about because it's just such a long time coming for specifically Jumperenthal's Punisher.
Speaker 1: And Spider Man to share.
Speaker 3: That's exactly.
Speaker 2: That's that is nuts, And I do like what you said there, Like I hope it hits with the general audience and we just get more of him because just picturing that dynamic of like if John Burthall sticks around with this Punisher character and it is just a more peag thirteen setting, but they do it right. They're not trying to do too much with it to make it just seem super campy having Punisher with like the future X Men and like other chart like that.
Speaker 3: That's just kind of a fun idea. Yeah, exactly, veterans.
Speaker 2: And then maybe if you don't get those, like seeing the differences between the two characters in this movie, maybe you get it further down the line and it's it's done here with oppose someone like a cap or Yeah, even though you could do it with all of these types of heroes, because it is just such a different type of hero. Frank Castle the Punisher, of course, to what we're used to seeing.
Speaker 1: And also then too, I hope if they're it's like, if we watch this and we feel all this punish is a lot different than the other stuff, then I wish they just used one last killing is there? You know? I wish they use this like, hey, we're gonna vol them a little bit and you know, I don't know, but.
Speaker 2: He's just fallen from the rooftop lands on a fireman tag.
Speaker 1: But he survives. He survives.
Speaker 3: Yeahs.
Speaker 2: The last thing I wanted to say on the on the movie that I'm really hope. I'm really hoping these action scenes.
Speaker 3: Like really hit.
Speaker 1: I think we're there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with like some of the Slomost scenes that they showed off in the like in the trailer I was really vibing with, especially like the with the hand and like in the prison sequence or whatever, Like, I hope those scenes are really memorable for me and just makes three watch that much better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have no doubt because it's on Chi that it's gonna deliver that that that's one of the highlights of that movie. Right. So, Yeah, I'm looking forward to the Hand. I'm looking forward to even if it is Jeane Gray, because we know they'll do the class like their pose and got a fight? What does that fight look like? Because again you know, saying what you want to spier Man's an al Teimer hero, but Jean Gray should be able to dismantle him pretty easily, like with her.
Speaker 2: But gonna make like a magneto helmet out of web.
Speaker 1: Baby, Yeah, over his ears. But again, the what I've theorized is I think in the years, Yeah, and that's the she's just shown him and again banged by that new boyfriend. Ah, he's doing the hole that damn thing. And I guess that's where I theorized too. I am completely fine if this is a Jean Gray that doesn't have full control over powers, you know, because then that explains why she couldn't beat Spider Man, why she couldn't just like mind fuck them and be done with it. The other thing, I guess I really want to know, Like I'm sure there'll shows in the movie if Frank is protecting Jing Gray, which we've kind of like, like there's been rumors about what we've seen set photos. I really want to know that meet up because that's something where it's like I don't care about that at all, where people oh, well, Punisher in Jean Gray. That's kind of a like that doesn't make much sense. Why is that? Like, don't get wrong, it is weird, but I don't mind those weird connections and make something new. Even Gen Gray being in a Spider Man movie, people go, oh, why they gonna It's just so funny, right, because so many people die on these fucking hills. You know, there's like a I'll just say, I'm only in two discords. It's ours, and then there's another discord am in that's like has to do with like some Scoopers and whatnot. There's people in there, and there's some and I just have to remind people sometimes they just talk so surely about like things with the comics and this and that, and I remember that being a big thing, like, oh, well, they'd never put Geen Gray and Spider Man because you know they don't own that movie and uh, you know how big? What are they gonna do there? Like they would never have the first Gen Gray appearance in this movie. One, I think you're about to live that. But two, as we've seen this tracking, why like almost like why wouldn't they? And I think we talked about that many times before, right, but just because it looks more like like cemented, it's like it's gonna be one of the biggest movies of this decade. Why wouldn't you debut your first X Men there? Because at the end you're still going an X Men movie where Sadie sinks. There. The audience doesn't think about this the same way we do when they're like, oh, it's They just think spier Man is a Disney fucking movie. And two, in the States, they have a deal where the Sony movies, I think they go on Netflix right away for like a year, and then they end up on Disney Plus, so like you're gonna be watching it one day and the Spider Man tab's gonna be there with that movie. So it's one of those things where it's just funny that people were so cement on that and it looks like it's gonna happen, And yeah, I want to know why, how did Franken Jean Gray like it? Really? And maybe she's the reason, Maybe she's the reason he's more like her. Maybe in uh, one season of Daredevil, two seasons of Punisher, one season of Born Again, and then one Last Kill when he's always like, hey, you gotta you missing some parents. Maybe Jean's finally the like the one that he like kind of adopts, adopts right, and that like softs and stuff. So we'll see where maybe she does.
Speaker 3: Like scrambles his brain.
Speaker 1: Well I didn't even think about that though. How many how much not a goofle but how many times do is Jean Gray kind of like relax the brain of Wolverine, right and soothe them and maybe, like, don't get me wrong, if that's how they handwave it, I'm like, oh, I've been through some stuff, but Gena, she really helped me. I'll go like, alright, I'll like, I'll at least so I'll like, I want at least a line or two of why Frank's acting different than nothing. If that's what they go for sure, it's a little easy, but like there's precedent, right, She's used that on Logan to help him, so why not Frank, who's a similar character who's been through a bunch of PTSD.
Speaker 2: Right, So I'm just I'm just picturing one point, Spider Man notices he's got like a scar in his head. He's basically like the guy that was the bottom eyed from.
Speaker 3: A planet of the Apes. He's just so goofy.
Speaker 2: Now he's like totally just quipping and like giggling all the time, just totally dumb and dumber character.
Speaker 1: God, man, I want to watch that again. I fucking love that first movie. Man, it's just so good. So No Planet Apes, I don't know, he's so good too, But Planting the Apes this is a it's a great one.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: We refer to that on on Comic Con. I'm not sure did you listen to that all or anything? No, I don't know. If it goes too long, I won't bring it up. But David had a good catch while we were watching it, and all of a sudden the panel, David Johnson walks up and I'll maybe I'll just bring it up. Winston Duke, who plays in Baku, he's fucking massive right now, GV big. So David brought this clip. He's like, look when he's when look when he hugs David Johnson, he like swallows him up like it looks like not even bigger, and it was I brought that meme. I'm like, it's literally the Charlton Hesson plan of Gapes. Two things. That's what it looked like and I was like, Man, if I was Dave Johnson, I'd be like, I gotta fucking get to the gym right now, Like Winston, Duke is in impressive shape right now. So that's why. Yeah, So that's why when we were joking last week about like him being taller than the thing, it's like, I guess he is, Like Duke is just a fucking like specimen sort of thing. But as we do, I'm sure we could use AI but I'll try not to. But yeah, and a big thank you to everybody. Like I said, we're we got to see at the end of the month, but I think this month's gonna be in our top five, so we're very grateful for that. Austy's our second biggest review of the year, which knocked off I forgot to update you, Kirkland. The Ufore season series finale was our second before Austy came in. But that climb of number two, which is crazy to be sure, but yeah, one, we almost gave up on that series. That's crazy that happened. So thank you for that. But we got that and then even oh and the Avengers Doomsday trailer within like a few days. Top ten, that's our number eight for the year. I think that's still climbing. So again, big thank you to everyone that's been listening, liking, spraying. That helps a lot, because obviously we understand if times are very tough, if you can't support some Patreon get the ad free content, exclusive content, if you just like the video, retweet it, tell a friend, whatever, It helps us out tremendously. So we really appreciate all the times and looking forward to GDA happening soon. But yeah, we got some questions here and I got some more from you, kind of like what you're saying, Kirkland Superman Mike says, I'm most excited to see the creativity between Desldiny and Crenne brings to the Swing and the fights. Yeah. The Swing already has looked like it's like trouncing the Homecoming Trijan That works, right, trouncing, Yeah, trouncing. Yeah, Okay, that's word. John wants to drop the wall and that aspect in the last three for me, yeah, big time. I don't think Peter ever had that that, you know. And then look, it's like the it's like the Traveler, it's like the Taylor thing. Clay sends me a message massive paragraph Clay, I'm I'm I'm gonna get to a second but uh and he takes it too because I said, oh, I got some. I say like, oh, there's Katherin Bigelow. She's known for oscars and populist movies. And he's like, well, other than these two, what other populars? It's like they'll still count. They're still populist movies. They still count. You can't take those away from me. But that's fine. But yeah, I think those are gonna look great. H sou says well, Spiderman. The spider Man, Brandy explain means in six one six, let's say her for sad break, and then we'll discuss that right after we'll be right back. And we're back. I really don't know. I don't because I don't know why, why or how Jean's here? Right? Is Jane here? Because it's just the X Men have started, the munes have started, the mune jeens started, and people are popping up. Is she from like a different universes? She's here? So I know it's a it's a boring answer. I don't know. I'll just take the easy answer and say no, yeah, Davy, you fucking Bastard, him and Brand and Chris. They got the early screenings. They're seeing it tomorrow, so uh, enjoy, you know, yeah, but there you go that that's also my weekend. We got Spider Man and then this weekend because you're gone. I got the Gimmick on Saturday, gimme on Sunday and Game of Thrones on Sunday. It's just like, I'm or raised, is you gone? Or is yeah? It's you gone? No, I'm not. I'm two behind, so I gotta I gotta get going. But no, I don't. I don't think. Yeah, I'm excited to watch and listen to the At some point I hadn't mute it. I I you know when I when I when you guys told me the person in the chat, I had to come looking and I had it mute because I don't get spoiled. But I saw you chuck on a couple of times. So uh, Brand new Day Mutanes explained, I'll just say no, I think they're gonna they will wait till either Secret Wars or X Men they do the full kid kaboodle. I think this will just be the that's Jean Gray and everyone knows the fucking name and that's good for now.
Speaker 2: I don't think they really even have to explain anything like with her power, Like she could just be powered and we're just gonna be going going along with our lives here.
Speaker 3: I mean, because even.
Speaker 1: Jeans is just puberty. That's what happens. You have puberty, you get powers, ye know.
Speaker 2: And like we've already tackled a couple mutants already at this point in time. So yeah, I think it could still just be trickling until you get to that big movie where there's there's multiple and then that's where they kind of want to unpack that onion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, has he signed on for an ex experiment movie? I don't know what I imagine. So the way he's talking, the way the movie tracking, Yeah, which not great for some she too, But you know, that movie's not happening. Let's let's be honest that they're they're fucking announcing a Ghostwrider movie and some she too is still there collecting dust. You know, I still get over the play. Yeah, it's still at least got a movie, right.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Do you think the d O d C will play a big role in the next Yeah, because that's like the anti immutant Task Force Kirkland. So it's like I would think so like and I think that makes I can't remember what their fucking the d d C stands for, but I think that's probably better than doing like the Friends of Humanity because I feel like, don't get me wrong, I would like them too. What what I would like them too? I've said I want X men to go hard on the politics, the real est, the real life stuff, but I think Disney be oh Friends of Humanity, Like that's too close to like other things that are in real life right now in my opinion.
Speaker 2: You know what if we call them the Incredible Crime Enforcement ICE for short, well they you.
Speaker 1: Know, they didn't call them that Daredevil season whatever they that was. That was nice, right, that was going on. So absolutely I have I think another question here, but I will ask you as we end this officer right now. There was a third party Box Office projector tracking right and they said that this is tracking anywhere from seven hundred to eight hundred million this weekend, so not domestic but like the global thing. Sony came out today and said we're looking at four sixty to five hundred. They're being very light because even no Way Home I'll bring the stats that made six hundred million. So it's with a ballpark. So one I'm gonna ask you, I guess I'll ask you the two things here. I don't even need a specific number. One will beat let's start this. Do you think it's gonna beat No Way Home? Opening weekend? No? Okay?
Speaker 3: What was hold on? Let me let me look.
Speaker 1: No Way Home was like two sixty and right now this is tracking from two sixty to three hundred, which is fucking crazy. Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, that changes, That changes things.
Speaker 1: That's why I didn't tell you that before I do.
Speaker 2: One of the answer, it's hard to believe it would because there is so much human commodle whatever you want to call that for.
Speaker 1: Uh, a human commutal What the fuck does that mean?
Speaker 2: I don't know what that's saying means, but uh, you know some some hubbub.
Speaker 3: You don't use that word.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now, I guess, like the thing with No Way Home is, like I understand why it had the legs it did because of that. So like once people kind of probably knew that those characters were in like after the initial weekend, maybe that's where it really started to rise, where this movie might be the opposite.
Speaker 3: It might be the opposite.
Speaker 2: It might be the opposite though it might be like a really high peak and then it doesn't have the legs because there isn't as many like crazy reveals.
Speaker 1: But is that what you're taking if your pizza been someone I know, right, Like, that's I'm taking the interesting I.
Speaker 3: Think people, well, it's gonna do better.
Speaker 1: I well, okay, here's the thing. So I think it's gonna no matter what, have good legs. I did not think that before with the tracking, I think I've just kind of gone. I guess it is. And we talked about that in the Marvel discord because we were like why, you know, because like you don't have the room, you know, the returning people. You don't even have anyone who's like a big villain, and like all do to respect to Sadie sinc. She's like even Tom Cruise is struggling in open movies, right, so it's like she's no, she's just starting out like not just but you know she's she's building to be a star, right, so she's not like a huge, massive draw, So it's not her. We were talking like Iestow and stuff like is it just because it's been five years and people missed the character, which does give me hope because I think we talked about this a couple of weeks ago with Batman two being delayed. Now with this doing so well on the tracking and probably the weekend coming up, this does make me feel better about that because I was like, man, like five to six years, like are people going to care? But now at this it's been five years, but it's been It's Batman. Though Batman had had Bidy Spidey.
Speaker 2: Bitey's more family friendly than Batman.
Speaker 1: Sure, but who had two billion dollar movies first Batman he beats Spidey to Yeah, Dark Knight and Darknight Rises. Spider is your last performing movie. I know, I agree with you. I'm saying things can change, and I also think that the Batman series that vibe does not go for billion dollar like that vibe right where I feel like The Dark Knight, even though it's more, it's still heading lots of talking, way more family friendly. But I'm just saying that, like Batman can't have that juice too. Depending on the circumstance. Spider Man didn't get a billion dollar movie till twenty nineteen. Nolan did that sh In two thousand and eight, and he did that shin twenty.
Speaker 3: Yeah two Spidey Spidy script.
Speaker 1: God damn no, No, I haven't Frank Castle in it, dude, Oh my, yes, Well he's got his cast and he's got some dances. Name who who would you actually know what? Even though like if they brought their in I saw Coleman, But if it wasn't Coleman, Matt Daan would be an incredible Norman Osborne man. He would be.
Speaker 2: So good he would actually that would be like an Oscar winning performance.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: We should totally sell you on, like the good guy Norman. And then that switch, when the switch happens, it would be so gut wrenching.
Speaker 3: Right now, I'm not even kidding.
Speaker 1: That sucks. I was gonna say, oh, you can get his son to play hair, but you can't because that's Tom Holland. Who's another young guy you get?
Speaker 2: Whoever?
Speaker 1: That fucking that guy who they cast is young Rob Passon, who they did a good job in Austy like the young that could be his Harry. Uh everyone, check out we're gonna do for Brentan Butterton ORMs.
Speaker 3: Will be Harry.
Speaker 1: Is he an old guy? You think no one likes Austin Abrams.
Speaker 2: He will evil, He's gonna love them after that.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you know who he'd get Interstellar, Timmy shall May, he's worked with them before.
Speaker 3: That's oh my god, is Harry Osbourne?
Speaker 1: And then they can they can really play at those means. Remember their day, yes, remember the Dune marketing when everyone's like, oh, Tiothy really wants is a day and he can't have.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, this is spicy what we're cooking here.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try and remember this what we should do tomorrow. We're recording a Bread and Butter for patrons that are producers. So the the phase four tier we're recording, we're looking at all the actors that were wormort to play Spider Man, whether it's in Toby era or the Tom era or the Andrew and then there were villains, and we're gonna rank them. I'm gonna try and remember say this topic and we'll get the boys and we'll recast like pick all the Odyssey cast people and who could be in the next sperim, like who could Lapita Bee? Who could jog Go zombies? So we're gonna stop there. You gotta tease it so that's reason that's an exclusive episode right there, join the tier, and that's gonna be a fun one. We're gonna look at all like we're gonna watch Josh Hearnette's audition for Spider Man. I'm not sure you've ever seen that before. No, yeah, it's out there? So or no, is it Josh Hearnette?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, who know? Josh Hutcherson Sorry, Josh Hutchison's.
Speaker 3: That's I pictured?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, have you seen that one before?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: No, oyeah, there you go, we're gonna do that. So and this is where I was gonna bring up. So I was saying, like, okay, anyways we're talking about yeah, nol. But I'm just saying Batman can't have that juice too, right. Do I think the DCU Batman's gonna have that juice?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I do not. But I'm just saying like it all depends at that time, because look at Spider Man, it's still in seven hundred million. But in the Amazing Era you can have times. Right. I think even though people can have their issues with Spider Man, that Homecoming trilogy was overall good quality. I think for the general audience to like great to love to even good. So that's where way better than amazing. You got Hall and in Zindia that I think have grown in stock both acting and as people. So far, they've had no like big controversy to make you dislike them. Zendia just seems like a very fun person. And then Tom All and I have said this before, I feel like he's the guy that you want to go get dinner with, like to hang out with or date like for if you're into him or not, Like it's the sable in ww if he exactly, Yeah, it's the sable WWF in the nineties. You know, the men come to see the men come to see me, and the woman want to be me. That's the thing Tom Holland has, you know, like a yeah, because like she was just like a like search sable WWF nineties.
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't hear you say sable, so I thought you were talking about Tom Holland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said that at Press. He's really egotistical. Now I didn't want to be with me, but and then so and then the two other things. So that Mike's bring up, which I agree. You gotta remember COVID was still happening No Way Home. So there's still people that either didn't want to go out wow or remember no I can't remember in America, but here in Canada, if you were not vaccinated, you could not see a movie. We had to present our badges to get scanned. You go in so and I know multiple people that did not see that movie right in the theaters. And then also you got to remember that movie did not have China, which Spider Man can be very big in this movie has China. So I agree with Mikesh it could have passed to it, which is not the case all the time because some movies, like nowadays, it's not like in the tens where like oh, North American movies just always killed in China. Now because they kind of have their own movies, it's a bit more hit or miss. But you look at something like Zootopia two. That's why it's the biggest MA movie all time, because they fucking love those animals, right. So I when there's some factors still at the same day, like if you would have talked to me before tracking came out, I would have said that it was gonna if it didn't beat No Way Home, it'd be like very close, like if that was one point nine, this would be like one point eight or something. If it beats Noay Home. Granted it could be like one point nine to seven, but that's like within like the two billion striking distance, And that's the question. Can't hit two billion? I don't know. And to put it in perspective, if it hits that eight hundred tracking for the global opening weekend, it beats Spider Man NOI Home that made six hundred million, Avengers in Finney Woar in Finney Ward made six hundred and forty million, and then Endgame, which is crazy, made one point two billion in one weekend, but it would make it the second biggest opening of yeah billion dollars one weekend. But that's where you want to talk about the Batman juice. You can't deny the juice of the MCU, Tom holland all this Stuffman batmant one still COVID but still made seven hundred and seventy If this movie makes fucking eight hundred million in one weekend, clears Batman in a week I don't know. And I think just in the way we're gonna talk about a bit later, but in the way that now honesty's tracking to hit a billion. I I don't know. I I I would not pizza bit anybody, but I'm feeling confident. I think it's gonna cross two hundred or two hundred. I think it's gonna hit to what did do Tobia finish that? Let me just check this topia, no idea that didn't hit The two movies are back, man, well some of them are. Look at Supergirl look good? So same thing, mo, yeah, same thing. So you took me at one point eight seven. So the two billion, that's like a the MCS back juice. Yeah, just like what was saying, it's the theater like that two billion? That's tough. Like, let me just search how many because they know there's what in Fidney War. Actually I don't even know. I know there's what two avatars, endgame? How many movies?
Speaker 2: Cameron, I'll ask, thank you, where do you think this is finishing at? It's pretty crazy when you are giving me some of those numbers. I feel like that really shifted my my thoughts. I always thought this would hit a billion, like, yeah, I just feel like that's where I was spidy in the popeast.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I always thowt one point five to me was like, the the minimum.
Speaker 2: In my opening weekend numbers really shook me though, Like I always thought that this movie would have the legs, but like that that kind of changes things. Where the higher end of you know, close to two billion, I think that's actually pretty realistic, which is insane.
Speaker 1: To give you some more information, So obviously, the Two Avatars did it, Infinity Ward Did Do was two point oh four, h Force Awakens was two point oh seven, Titanic two point two, and then Niza two. So there's been seven movies that have hit two billion, the most recent being Avatar two. Yeah, Niza two that Ani made movie, and the most recently being Way of Water. So yeah, yeah, the questions can't beat Nisa two. Well, yeah that's two point one. That's a tough one. So I I think for now, my gut, I think it's gonna I'm gonna say yes or within a striking distance. That's why again, that's why we're not pizza bet anybody. Yeah, I don't even pizza bet anybody because it could be a little under you never know, because who knows. But I just I don't think the movie's gonna because I was gonna say O many people walking I wasn't a good I don't think it's gona be so bad, even if I have my grievances with it. I don't think it's gonna be so bad that people be like, oh, that New Spider Man movie. No, I don't think nobody go see it. Nobody goes see it.
Speaker 3: If you haven't seen it already, go yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think it. I don't think it's gonna be like some like the like Brave New World or something like that. Right, So, so if you ask me, I'm gonna say, yes, what's your final answer? Uh on too Billy? And if not, where it is?
Speaker 2: Then yeah, Like if it's not, I think it's like one point nine, Like I think it's right there. So just for the sake of the argument, I think I will join the two Billy club on that that's crazy.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: I feel like that that that should be like a low percentage chance of happening. But I mean, just with all the facts that you just spat at me, I'm gonna be optimistic and yeah, and side with the two Billy that'd be insane. That'd be insane, though.
Speaker 1: Like my god knowing home did one point nine though?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, but that was like I.
Speaker 1: Agree, he had the buffers of that, but again also.
Speaker 2: In a bottle getting Willam to foe back you got docc But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, that's why I thought I would have like not done this. But again same thing didn't have China, right, COVID so those other things and again made the factor the idea of missing Spider Man has that's a big thing, right it is five years from then. So uh so, Matt, we gave you that. Maddy asked three questions final box office predictions for that and honesty, We'll talk about Austine a little bit. How surprised you were a scale one to tennessee these kind of numbers they are putting up will wait for aussy. I'm so one to ten. That's tough for surprise, I guess for me, I like, I know it sounds dumb, but I'll say I'm a ten for it passing no way home. That's why I'd say I'm surprised. I would never think it would not do well, and some of these numbers, it's just like how well it's doing. But like I said, I thought one point five was always like the minimum for brand New Day, so I would have thought it would never be No Way Home. So on that scale, on a ten, I'm very surprised that it could. And again, these are the projections, right, but I'm surprised that it's even in the conversation of beating No Way Home. If you were telling hey, it's gonna fish like a hundred million areay ago, Okay, maybe movie's really good. It's summer, kids are seeing it, good word of mouth. But if you're gonna tell me it's gonna match or beat it, I would have, like I said two months ago, I would take that pizza bet in a second, I would have been out of pizza. You know.
Speaker 2: No, I'm I'm right there with you on that one. I think the No Way Home comparison, I just never thought it could it could match that for me. The biggest one though, is that opening weekend number prediction. That's that's so high, So clearly people are frothing at the mouth to get back end of the movie.
Speaker 3: For Spider Man, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just with how it was left with No Way Home, with everyone kind of forgetting who he was, and just it seems like we're really shifting the era of the character.
Speaker 1: But maybe that's it too. Maybe like we tell those all the time. Mail John, It's like I've thought back to that twist. I go, you know what, this might be dumb. We'll see how it gets played up and when you look at all the particulars and like, oh, well, they just sell photos of them like it doesn't make sense, it doesn't really work. But the GA doesn't think that way. Wow, I forgot spiders, true and they moved on. So maybe for five years they've just been wondering what's that gonna be?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Right, as like that plot line, So maybe people just dug that. You know, they dig it, they dig it all right, let's take are Oh wait a second note, sorry, Manny has one more? Oh fucking a. I close the tabbing and I got it here, come on here, Uh okay, what percentage would you give? Uh? What percentage would you give for the chance one of them tops domes day at the Avengers Review slash wordmouth disappoint So he was some of the most spighting Odyssey. I don't think Ausie because I think aussy. If it's tracking, it hit a billion, which is really good because it's seven hundred this weekend coming up. That's his third weekend. I still think it's gonna finish it like a one point one one point two. I know I'm bolish on this more than a lot of people. I think for me in the same thing where I think Avengers is hitting one point five. To me, Avenger both the first one did one point five, and then the other one did like one point three to nine, So one point four. That's what I'm kind of in the ballpark. I'm not saying these will be as good as those, but I think the hype same thing of missing the Avengers movies. You got Evans, you got Danny, got Hempsworth, you got other surprises that will happen. I think that's just kind of the buffer, Like I don't think Age of Ultron for the general audience, Like how many people are saying this their favorite Marvel movie? Probably not many, right, but it was just the idea of all the Avengers are back together. I want to see them. That's still made one point four billion dollars. This is like the Avengers the X Men like a bunch. So I think it's one point five. So I still think Doomsday beats aussy. These spidy numbers definitely make me question because I would have said, I don't know about Doomsday being the two billion, right, But at the same time, we could be back here in November and September and the trackings just as high. But that's the difference for me. That wouldn't surprise me because I still think the name Avengers and all those stars. Again, you talk about the no way home buffers, Avengers, Doomsday's like nothing but buffers, you know, like the whole X Men being back, Like that's a that's twenty years worth of buffers, right. So I think if it disappoints, then definitely Spidey will beat it. I think if I've always said this, I think if it can be like a seven out of ten and have those surprises, it could it could climb to that two billion, because what Infinity War did it? It's in the Christmas But yeah, Spidey and again we got to see the legs, right. Maybe Spidey's very front load in the first two weeks. I don't think so. I think it's just gonna keep running game in August. But yeah, I won't know until we get those full Spider Man numbers. But yeah, where you uh Kirkland, do you think uh Austy got a chance to beat it. Spider got a chance to beat it. If the Avengers is kind of.
Speaker 2: Like a like a meh, you know no, I think obnestly would be the lowest out of all those you know, still in the billion club, which is amazing, but just not quite the same the Avengers. Like before we talked about those numbers for Brand New Day, I feel like I would have had Avengers like just stopping it, like like doubt, but like in my head, I have it at like the high end of close to two billion, just kind of how I was saying Spider Man was.
Speaker 3: So, I think they're going to.
Speaker 2: Be pretty close, like across the board. Like opening weekend, I think it'll be really close. Like like again, before we talk numbers, I would have said, yeah, Doomsday just stomps it for the opening weekend. Spidey has the legs. I still think Avengers will have legs as well, but that opening weekend will be pretty pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because remember different situations, but any endgames still made a billion in one weekend, right, very different situation build up by again the same way that we're sitting here being like man, Spiderman is really big. We could be doing the same thing in November of like fun, like look at the GHO because I think we talk about this all the time. Yeah yeah, yeah, two billion opening weekend, but like we talk about us all the time. Where we have this and the general allience might just be like, I'm just really fucking stoked to see Avengers back, you know, and like that's it that they don't care about the bill up, they don't care about Danny being a villain. They don't care about oh, I don't know doctor Doom and he didn't have the same you know scenes in standouts. They might just be, man, I want to see all these people I like, and here we go.
Speaker 3: You know totally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So remind me, like, is this this shouldn't really lead into Doomsday.
Speaker 1: I think you'll get a post credit that like has like a minor connection, but I don't think the movie itself is gonna have much. They've not said that, But.
Speaker 2: I'm not really expecting Spidey to be anywhere near Doomsday.
Speaker 3: Like I mentioned, this is not this one Secret Wars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, I think there's another Spidey it's gonna be in Doomsday, But.
Speaker 2: I'd be the Toby interested on like a link though, like from this movie that leads into doomsday, like maybe not Spider himself, but some other Easter Egg linkage that could.
Speaker 1: Be kills them. Credit everyone Expirement movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah you thought you were getting a Phoenix saga?
Speaker 3: Non my MCU could.
Speaker 1: You imagine that? She's like, yeah, I just uh, I saw it. Krasinski did Multiverse of Madness, and I want to do the same thing. Right, come on, play a character and they kill me off and that's it. You know, I'd be so pissed if don't go out a point for that. Like granted she's still in the movie, but she was just Jean Gray once and never again, big man. But I think what it was did get a point. I think he got a point for Krasinski that way, right, because he had Krisinsky for a while and he got what he needed, right. Yeah, Yeah, there you go. So all right, we'll think of that break and we'll be back with some of their marvel needs. We'll be right back